Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders: "The Raid"

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Raiders: "The Raid"
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  792
Total Posts:  2089
  RE: Raiders: "The Raid"
January 17, 2007 12:31:42 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Namyr quickly threw Rogueboy and herself up against a wall she used her body as a shield to press him up against the wall, it was the first time since Rogue became a trooper that he wished their armour was not made of plastoid, and was instead made of something less hard.

The guards came around the corner and walked up to Patch, one of them tapped Patch on his head and said. "Just some cleaning droid, told you it was nothing."

Namyr murmured to Rogueboy, "You get the one on the right, all get the guard on the left,"

The female trooper leaped out and hit the guard closest to her with the flat of her sword, the other guard backed up a few feet in shock before turning around in order to run. "Rogue hit him with you're stun gun," Namyr cried out.

The metal handling of his pistol against his gloved hand made Rogue feel powerful as he drew his arm back and threw it with all his strength. The gun seemed to spin as it hit the guard in the back, the guard fell to the ground as if he was stunned. Namyr looked at Rogue. "How did you do that?" She asked.

The guard was laid flat out on the ground, Rogue looked at her and shrugged. "I...don't know."

Patch began beeping excitedly, which made Rogue laugh. "Patch shocked him with his electric pike, not wonder I didn't know they were so close together I didn't see the spark. Let's tie these guys up and proceed with the mission, I need another drink."

The two of them tied up the two guards with the roll of duct tape Rogue had pilfered from the first aid kit, making sure to bound their hands, legs, and mouthes tightly Rogue than grabbed his blaster pistol from the ground.

The trio moved further and they encountered a holocamm sitting on top of a door and aimed directly vertical to the door frame. "Poodoo, what do you do now?" Rogue asked in his exalted state of drunk.

"Not sure." Namyr said, Patch's beeps seemed to come out muffled as if he lowered his audio signals.

"Patch says he could just go up to the socket and make the image on the camm freeze so that it looks like no one is there if anyone was looking at it. Of course they would see him but they would most likely assume its a maintenance droid doing its rounds." Rogue recited from his HUD.

Patch treaded his way to the door and used his interface access tool in order to connect himself to the scomp link, the IAT (Interface Access Tool) rotated clockwise showing that he was accessing what he could from it. Almost immediately a file was waiting for Rogue to download; which he did, it was a map of the complex. "Patch is the holocamm down, and did you send this to everyone in the squad?"

The little droid beeped in the affirmative as the door in front of him hissed open. Rogueboy changed his frequency to squad. "This is Rogueboy, you should all have your maps, this is complete with security details, droid maintenance schedules, and automated defenses. We also have entrance into what should be the..." Rogue looked at the map. "Break room."

Stealing this droid was perhaps one of the best things I ever did. Rogue thought to himself as Namyr and him crept their way to the door.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  255
January 18, 2007 7:59:07 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
He..hit..the..guard..with..a...flipping...stun gun, Namyr thought to herself in disbelief. Out off all the strange things she had seen in her life she had never seen someone take down an enemy by throwing their weapon at them and knocking them out. Namyr raised an eyebrow and let out a low chuckle in amusement, then her eyes widen in surprise as the guard went down.

"How did you do that?" Namyr asked sounding surprised and impressed as she looked at Rogueboy. Then the sudden beeping of Patch made Namyr look down. She smirked, of course it wasn't Rogueboy, though his aim wasn't bad a thrown gun couldn't stop a 250 pound man. Then Namyr went over to the largest guy and dragged him over so the guards were together. Rougeboy surprised her again by pulling out some duck tape and tied up the two guards. Namyr waited for Rougeboy before they continued around the building. She sighed in frustration on how loud Rogueboy's steps were compared to her own, she set a mental note to teach the guy how to walk quietly during a mission.

AS they continued walking Namyr backed tracked for a few steps to check behind them for any danger. She then turned around and followed behind Rogueboy. She glanced up ahead of Rogueboy then looked down again, then her cheeks turned crimson as she realized she was staring at Rogueboy backside as they walked. Suddenly she tasted lust and looked around confused realizing it was coming from herself. She let out a low curse in Twi'leki, she couldn't let herself be distracted. Why did she always attracted the wrong sort of man, or even worst be attracted to the worst type of man. Crap, I didn't just think that, Namyr thought to herself smacking her helmet in embarrassment. Bad, Namyr, he's a horrible person, someone you don't need to be thinking about that way, ever.

Suddenly Rogueboy stopped and spoke, ""Poodoo, what do you do now?" he asked.

"Don't know," Namyr replied looking up at the door and frowning, maybe if she short circuited it, that would work, if she knew anything about electronics, Damn it she was a doctor not an electrician. Suddenly Patch gave out a muffled whistle and Namyr looked down at him.

"Patch says he could just go up to the socket and make the image on the cam freeze so that it looks like no one is there if anyone was looking at it. Of course they would see him but they would most likely assume its a maintenance droid doing its rounds," Rogueboy said and Namyr nodded not really knowing what he was talking about, but decided to play along, couldn't hurt could it? She half watched Patch as he went through the door and went to work, suddenly a map popped up in the left side of Namyr's helmet. She let out a shocked gasp and blinked several times to make sure it was really there. Quickly, as Rogueboy spoke to the rest of the squad, Namyr went through the map and figured out where they were.

As soon as Namyr saw that Rogueboy was ready, they began moving again and entered the door into the compound. Namyr winced again as Rogueboy's heavy footsteps clanked against the metal floor. She reminded herself again to teach him how to stealth walk, this type of noise would surely attract people. Quietly Namyr walked into what was called the breakroom and looked around before sighing angrily, she couldn't see a thing in her helmet, something was making the ear piece screech like crazy and it was driving her nuts. Then Namyr did something completely stupid, something completely rookie she'd hate herself for it later. She took off her helmet, as soon as she did she watched as a guard came out of nowhere. For a moment he tried to catch himself from hitting Namyr, probably realizing she was a female. But couldn't and ended up hitting her with the butt of his rifle right to her nose.

Instantly Namyr went down one one knee clutching her nose as blood spilled over the floor. The guy regaining his senses, raised his site to his eyes to finish off Namyr.

-----------------------
http://comnet.imperialnetwork.com/topic/7836/
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  796
January 18, 2007 10:51:37 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The moment seemed to freeze as Namyr fell to the ground, Rogue resisted the urge to laugh as she landed flat on her bum bum, the guard lowered his rifle to kill Namyr, Rogue lost all sense of humour and let out a bellow before he charged using his shoulder to ram the man over. They fell together in a heap the man quickly overpowering Rogue and ending up on top. The guard used the side of his rifle to choke Rogue. "Namyr, a little help." Rogue managed to cough out.

Namyr was in shock as the blood flowed from her nose, staining her white armour. The guard was nearby on top of Rogue, and Patch was nowhere to be found.

The little droid was still at the socket trying to reconfigure the automated security defenses, in the entire installation there were, fifteen holocamms, and three automated turrets, which used a holocamm to identify a target from a less than twenty degree picture of the target's facial imprint.

Rogue managed to free a hand from under the guards knees he reached for his stun gun which he managed to touch with his finger tips but could not grasp, it was simply out of reach. I'm not going to die like this, if he finished me off he will alert the NR base the entire squad will die and he will kill Namyr first, well technically second but everyone is going to die. Rogue reached into one of the twin holsters at his side and withdrew his SH9, he hit the man upside the head as hard as he could.

The guard released pressure on the down trooper's throat, Rogue seemed to lose focus as he continued beating the man with his sidearm, his vision blurred whether this was from lack of oxygen or the madness that seemed to take control of him. Finally Rogue felt a light tapping on his shoulder. "I think you may have killed him." Namyr's voice said, calm and controlled.

Blood seemed to be pooling from the head of the guard, Rogue took a deep breath his throat hurt as did his arms. Must of pulled a muscle. Note to self don't drink before a mission. Turning to Namyr, Rogue asked. "Can you check his pulse? I want to know whether I should bother taping him or not."

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

ASL/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

Post Number:  19
January 18, 2007 11:19:09 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr felt her stomach churn as blood splashed over her armour and ran down her fingers and hands. She resisted the urge to puke, she had never seen so much blood. Then she looked up to see she was staring down the barrel of a pistol. Is this how I'm going to die? From a stupid mistake? Rouge will probably laugh at my funeral? The Jerk!

A sudden, animal-like yell echoed in Namyr as a blur of white flew past her tackling the guards to the ground. Namyr knelt there, frozen at the realization that Rogueboy had thrown himself into danger to keep her from being killed. Her eyes went wide as she noticed that the guard was twice the bulk of Rogueboy and easily over powered him. Namyr opened her mouth to yell but found herself unable to move. "move damn it!" her brain shouted but her limbs didn't respond.

Blood started spilling out of the guard's head as Rogueboy had managed to get ahold of one of his pistols and began bashing the weapon's butt against the guards head. Blood splashed all over the room, until finally Rogueboy stopped. A pool of dark blood began to stain the floor, it trickled past Namyr's feet and into a nearby grate.

"I-I, think you might have killed him," she managed to choke out, her voice strangely calm, her training coming into affect. But she wasn't prepared for the wild and uncontrolled look in Rogueboy's eyes when he looked up at her. For a moment she thought he was a wild animal, and now that he had finished killing the guard he would turn on her and rip her to shreds. Namyr's breath became ragged, as she fought for control over her panic. She wondered if Rogueboy could sense her fear, she hoped not or she would be doomed.

"Can you check his pulse? I want to know whether I should bother taping him or not?" Rogueboy asked after his long stare ended by him blinking a few times and his eyes went back to normal. Namyr nodded and walked over to the guard and felt for a pulse. She then shook her head, "He's dead Rogue," she said looking up at him, her nose slightly crooked, probably broken, blood still dripping down her lower face.

Finally she noticed her own blood again and took out some bandage and held it to her nose until the blood stopped. She tenderly touched her nose, knowing it would have to be reset once she gt back to the base. Namyr then glanced over at Rogueboy and noticed the cuts, scrapes, and bruises on his arms and neck. "You're hurt," she said quietly and pulled out her first aid kit and went to work cleaning out the wounds and bandaging the worst of them off, 'I'm sorry, I was being stupid, and you could have been killed," Namyr said quickly concentrating on cleaning a long gash on Rogue's arm, 'I guess I got cocky, I'll make it up to you, want to go out for a drink later?"

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  799
January 19, 2007 7:20:33 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
"Err...Sure." Rogueboy started mentally swearing at himself for being unable to come up with a more immediate and definite answer. Err...Sure, yourself, couldn't come up with a better one could ya? Shut up your drunk and tired and need someplace to sleep this off.

"I need to tell Darr I semi-compromised our objectives." Rogue sighed before  making sure his comlink is set on squad mode. "Darr, I accidentally killed someone on this mission, was a hand to hand battle and it got out of hand."

"I thought Namyr went with you, wasn't she supposed to help you?" Darr said.

"Sir, she was incapacitated at the time, valiantly holding her own against another guard." Rogue lied.

"Continue with the objectives, I will have a word with you after the mission." Darr ordered.

Namyr's nose seemed more crooked than he remembered it, That's because it's broken, don't be an arse help her reset it. "Namyr do you want me to reset your nose? I'll try to be gentle."

The red Twi'lek cautiously looked at Rogue as if disbelieving the fact that he would be gentle. "Do you even know how to properly set a nose?"

Nodding his head Rogue answered. "I've set three so far, I tried to reset my own once didn't do that one properly, hence the crookedness. I've set Leon's once; looks pretty straight to me, and I think I set Aeos's not sure on that one. Still up for it?"

Namyr slowly nodded her head. Rogue took off his helmet and gloves and began lightly feeling Namyr's nose for where the break was. In a few seconds he felt bumps where there should be none, Rogue looked into Namyr's eyes. "I found the break you will feel severe pain but it will be short lasting, are you ready?"

The Twi'lek gave Rogue a brave smile. "Go for it, I'm tougher than you think."

Lime eyes locked into yellow ones as Rogue quickly twisted his fingers; an audible crack accompanied the movement. Namyr's eyes snapped shut and reopened with tears in them. "Are you alright?" Rogue asked with concern in his voice.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

Post Number:  20
January 19, 2007 9:38:12 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr managed to keep her smile on the inside as Rogueboy had agreed to go out for a drink with her. It was working out perfectly, soon she'd have her answers, and she could quit the nice act with Rogueboy. Okay maybe it wasn't that much of an act, but at least she could figure out whether or not to be nice to hi or not. Namyr sniffed a little bit through her broken nose and wondered if she's ever have a normal breath again.

"I need to tell Darr I semi-compromised our objectives," Rogue said and sighed before opening up the connection before Namyr could argue with him. It had been her fault, if she hadn't been so stupid to take off her helmet, she would have never been in danger, not to mention she had froze when Rogueboy had needed her help. Namyr felt guilt rise up in her chest and she had to squash it down as Rogueboy reported. "Darr, I accidentally killed someone on this mission, was a hand to hand battle and it got out of hand."

"I thought Namyr went with you, wasn't she supposed to help you?" Darr said.

"Sir, she was incapacitated at the time, valiantly holding her own against another guard." Rogue lied.

"Continue with the objectives, I will have a word with you after the mission." Darr ordered. Namyr stood there in shocked silence, had Rogueboy just taken to blame for her mistake. But why, was it because she was the most junior person on the squad or was it something else, something to do with the lust coming from him earlier. she didn't know what he expected to get out of taking the blame from her. Namyr gritted her teeth, if he wanted what most ment wanted he's regret it with a sword to a place where his grandchildren would feel the hurt.

Namyr gave another stuffy sniff before giving up and breathing out her nose. She then give a crooked smile, least she could be accused of trying to protect her pretty face. Suddenly her face turned a dark burgundy as she noticed that Rogueboy was looking at her face. "Namyr do you want me to reset your nose? I'll try to be gentle."

Namyr blinked a few times and reached up and winced as she felt her swollen and crooked nose. Was Rogueboy even capable of being gentle, when she thought of him she always thought of him as a drunk bull in a china shop. Maybe she had been wrong, she had grown up among some of the most graceful Twi'lek's in the galaxy, maybe she wasn't use to the bulkiness of human movement. She quickly questioned his knowledge on setting noses, and Rogueboy replied with his examples of Leon, Aeos and himself.  Namyr remembered Rogueboy's nose and didn't think it was too crooked, it gave him character at least.  Namyr tried to remember if Leon and Aeos' noses looked alright, but then remembered that she didn't really care, she just wanted to breath normally again. Namyr nodded, and tensed as Rogueboy took off his helmet and gloves before reaching up to her face and began feeling around her nose.

Her eyes widened a little on how cool his hand were against the warm injury of her nose. And to her surprise he was being gentle as she felt around her nose looking for the break. She flinched as pain ran through her face as he touched the break, but managed not to turn her head away. Luckily she didn't because at that moment Rogueboy looked into her eyes and all her thoughts disappeared as she looked into those strange pools of lime colouring. "I found the break you will feel severe pain but it will be short lasting, are you ready?" he asked in a soft murmur and Namyr nodded and managed a half smirk.

"Go for it, I'm tougher than you think," her voice sounding cocky despite the slight shake in it. Then she felt her eyes lock onto Rogueboy's own lime ones and any other comments were washed away. Then Rogueboy's finger griped her nose and twisted, setting her nose straight again. But the pain, the pain was almost unbearable, Namyr clenched her teeth to keep from crying out, tears formed in her eyes and she closed and opened her eyes a few times to keep the pain at bay.

"Are you alright?" Rogueboy asked Namyr his voice filled with concern and Namyr realized that his was holding her chin up with the hand that had set her nose. He was studying her face, making sure her nose was set properly, but the close inspection and his hand on her chin made her shiver before she could control herself. She was silent for a moment, stuck staring into his eyes and surprised he sounded so concerned, "You're nose is straight now at least." Get ahold of yourself Namyr, they guy just set your nose, that's it, and remember he's a poodoo trader...did I just say poodoo, great, now I'm starting to think like he talks. I need some frigging boozes.

"Fibrea," Namyr sputtered out a mixture of Twi'leki and Basic, "I mean fine I'm fine, I'm glad I can breath again," she said quickly pulling herself away from Rogue's hand and quickly walking over to her helmet and putting it on to hide the dark blush staining her cheeks, "let's get going or we're going to be the last ones at the meeting point," she then murmured and waited for Rogueboy to catch up with her.

"By the way, I'm not letting you take the blame for this whole incident," Namyr mentioned her voice bland as she spoke through their private radio, "As soon as we get back to the base I'm going to tell Darr what happened. You shouldn't get punished because of my rookie behavior. Besides, I'm not as drunk as you, so I can pass a sober, so I won't get the brig like you would if you took the blame," Namyr said and then poked Rogue's chest armor with her finger, "And don't argue, you have more to lose then I do."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited January 19, 2007 10:20:03 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  800
January 20, 2007 12:23:32 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
"By the way, I'm not letting you take the blame for this whole incident," Namyr mentioned her voice bland as she spoke through their private radio, "As soon as we get back to the base I'm going to tell Darr what happened. You shouldn't get punished because of my rookie behavior. Besides, I'm not as drunk as you, so I can pass as sober, so I won't get the brig like you would if you took the blame," Namyr said and then poked Rogue's chest armor with her finger, "And don't argue, you have more to lose then I do."

Rogue stared at Namyr with newfound respect usually most recruits let him take the blame, after all Darr usually wants him to take care of the rookies. "Alright, but don't beat yourself up about it I still remember what it felt like to screw up. I wish I had someone to shield me then, me and Darr go back I saved his life a couple of times and he saved mine I think he could overlook this one minor discretion." Namyr turned around to continue their walk towards the loading dock, but Rogue put a hand on her shoulder pad. "On my first mission the exact same thing happened to me. So I know how you feel right now."

Once again they resumed their positions Namyr stealthily leading the trio, Rogue half walking half sleeping in the middle, and Patch the astromech taking up the rear.

Leon, Rayden, and Preditor

The trio walked cautiously and quietly Leon was leading them with Rayden in the middle and Preditor's huge form bringing up the rear. They had to completely work around their point of entry because of holocamms, frustrated as their entry door had a holocamm sitting on it, Leon set his chatter for squad frequency. "Rogue can you get that bucket of bolts to see if he could disable the..." Leon looked at the map on his HUD "Loading dock outer holocamm three?"

There was a few seconds of pause before Rogueboy responded. "Sure, just gimme a few seconds......alright it should be deactivated, take a look at the top right of it if theres a green light get the hell out of there."

Leon set his frequency back to the two individuals behind him. "Stay back I'm going to check whether the holocamm is on or off." Leon took a few steps towards the holocamm and noticed that there were no lights; indicating the thing was indeed deactivated. "Alright guys lets move in." Leon went to go try the door but it was locked. "Rogue can you have Patch unlock the door as well?" Leon began muttering about the technical unawareness droids have. Rogue did not respond, What the hell is taking him so long, usually he is on the ball, damn maybe he got captured or killed? I'll find my own entrance. "Preditor you're a combat engineer aren't you?"

The hulking figure of the Barabel nodded in the affirmative and Leon continued. "Did you bring any explosives?"

Preditor's forked tongue hissed his answer. "Yes, but this one will mix around with it so that it only opens the door and not the building."

Green tinged scales moved quickly as Preditor unslung a pack he was wearing and pulled out some explosives and a detonator. Preditor used his claws to tear open a package of explosives inside was a sticky compound that he rolled into tiny balls. Leon watched in mute fascination as Preditor combined the little balls into two bigger ones. Preditor then closed up the package with all the other small balls and put it back into his pack, he withdrew a container and opened it, inside were a number of small black objects Preditor withdrew two of these and stuck them into the two yellowish semi-balls. The Barabel finally attached the yellow explosives to the opposite side of the handle, walking a few feet away from it Preditor withdrew the detonator. "On the call of the white knight."

Leon quickly raised his gloved hand and slowly counted down with his fingers when he reached zero; Preditor pressed the detonator. There was a slight explosion and the door blew inwards the trio moved in as fast as they could.

Namyr, Patch, Rogueboy

I need something to wake me up some kind of stimulant or something, a cup of caf would be nice right about now double fortified. Rogueboy mused to himself as he followed Namyr's back her twin lekku covered her back. They were just about to pass through a door frame when Patch beeped loudly and quickly, Namyr stopped and was turning around to say something when Rogue who was surprised to see her stop abruptly tripped on his feet and fell forward his arms instinctively extended forward to break his fall. Rogue felt himself fall into Namyr and together they landed on the ground with Rogue on top, their helmets seemed to be touching. The human trooper looked into Namyr's visor and he could swear he could almost see her red face with those yellow mesmerizing eyes. Rogue wanted to put his head down and just sleep but Namyr quickly pushed him off of her, suddenly Rogue noticed Patch's translation "Don't walk through the door, laser sensors." Rogue looked to where they landed it was past the door.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1160
Total Posts:  1587
January 20, 2007 1:18:16 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
"I dunno where I'll go from here." Said Aphamos. "The squad's been my home, but I dunno. I've been pushing myself for perfection all this time, when really I might have been taking my life in the wrong direction. I've just gotta have some time to look at my life and really figure things out."

"Well, if you ever wish to return, we'll welcome you back."

Aphamos grinned. "Faithfull 'till the end"

Aphamos had resigned from the squad at the same time as Squall. This left a gap in the squad's roster: The ASL position. Darr-Rann had taken some time to consider, then had decided upon placing Rogueboy. He had made the same decision once before, when Marka had left. He hoped that this time the situation would work out for the better and Rogueboy would be able to stick around for that position.

Darr-Rann shook his head as he watched Aeos sneak up behind the guard. Ever since he had talked to her on the ship she had been quiet, not wanting to discuss whatever was on her mind. She may be on her way to becoming an SL, but she's still my trooper now. I'm going to get to the bottom of this." He watched as Aeos hit the guard over the back of the head, sending the man tumbling to the ground.

Suddenly small text appeared on his HUD, informing him of a call over one of his private channels. He opened it.

"Darr, I accidentally killed someone on this mission, was a hand to hand battle and it got out of hand." Rogueboy said. Darr-Rann swore, inwardly  A death would lead to increased interest, increased interest would result in inquisitions back at home.

"I thought Namyr went with you, wasn't she supposed to help you?" The squad leader said. He was starting to question letting Rogue take her as his partner  He was a great soldier, but Darr-Rann was afraid she might become a bit of a distraction for him.

"Sir, she was incapacitated at the time, valiantly holding her own against another guard." Rogueboy said. Darr-Rann sighed  He had the impression it didn't quite work out that way, but Rogueboy was willing to take the brunt of the situation. Darr-Rann would do the same for a trooper under his command, but the squad leader wasn't sure Rogueboy was doing it for the same type of reasons.

"Continue with the objectives, I will have a word with you after the mission." Darr-Rann said, then closing the comm channel. He turned to Aeos, who had just deposited the gaurd's body in a janitor's room. "We've got a bit of a situation. Rogue and Namyr had to kill a guy."

Aeos paused, probably muttering a curse, then opened her channel. "This is really going to complicate things, isn't it."

"Yeah." Darr-Rann said. "Anyways, let's continue. All we can do is hope things work out for the best later." He walked over to a nearby computer terminal. He took out a datacard and inserted it, executing the application. Security was lax on the system, and it was easily cracked. He downloaded the encryption schemes of and channel frequencies  to the securitie's comm and uploaded it to the squad's FOMS (Field Objective Management System). Now simply by switching to appropriate channel they could listen in on the security officer's communication.

He contacted Rogueboy. "I've got comm access set up for us. Get that waste bin of yours monitoring the chatter  Have it forward anything important to me." He said. Once Darr-Rann received Rogueboy's reply (which did not seem to take enthusiasm to the squad leader's calling Patch a waste bin) he closed the channel.

"Well, let's move on. According to the maps Rogue pulled up, there's a security terminal ahead that we should disable before we move on." He added to himself mentally If being discreet will even make a difference anymore.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

Post Number:  21
January 20, 2007 4:02:22 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr suddenly realized that she was poking the chest of a higher ranking individual and quickly put her hands behind her, feeling embarrassed, why did Rogueboy always make her forget who and what she was? It was like he made her comfortable with herself, and let her loose her statue like outer shell and be herself, and she hadn't done that since before she went through basic. Namyr looked up from her thoughts to see Rogueboy studying her with a face tilted in a look of respect. She blinked a few times, what had caused him to look like that? Was it because she was taking the blame for something she did? That was rediculous, she was doing what was right and even if Rogueboy would argue with her she would somehow find some way to tell Darr what she had done. Namyr shook her head wishing she didn't think so much, why couldn't she be like her twin sisters Janie and Beatrice, who just kept their thoughts in their mouths and expelled them to whoever was around without dwelling on them, though Namyr never understood how they could become bounty hunters with that type of thinking, maybe it was because of their bodies and looks, yeah that was probably it.

Namyr then tried to turn to keep going and Rogueboy started talking to her, though she wish he wouldn't, his voice echoing in her ear was very distracting, it was like she had to listen to him, "Alright, but don't beat yourself up about it I still remember what it felt like to screw up. I wish I had someone to shield me then, me and Darr go back I saved his life a couple of times and he saved mine I think he could overlook this one minor discretion," he said and Namyr thought he was done talking and quickly turned to keep going towards the docking bay, then she felt pressure on her shoulder and she froze realizing it was Rogue's hand. She bit her lip, why was he doing this, telling her all this, she didn't care about being punished it wasn't like she was trying to impress her family, she was just trying to survive and have something to do with her time. Then Rogueboy had to come along and throw off her rhythm, she almost hated him for it.

"On my first mission the exact same thing happened to me. So I know how you feel right now," Rogueboy then said with a slight humor edging on his voice. Instantly, Namyr's features darkened, he was laughing at her, just because she had pulled the same mistake as him. Where did he get the guts to laugh at her, she was the one towing around his drunken butt this entire mission and he was laughing at her. He probably enjoyed resetting her nose, putting her through that pain so her could brag later to the rest of the squad how he had saved her and reset her nose, and oh how it looked so good. Roughly, Namyr shrugged Rogueboy's hand off her shoulder and in an icy manner began walking again, her fists quivering in rage.

Namyr seethed wanted to turn around and hit Rogueboy with the hilt of her swords, but managed to keep her temper in check as they walked. She ignored the feeling of his eyes on her back, and the slight taste of lust from him, she needed to finish this mission as soon as possible, she needed to get away from Rogueboy before she struck out at him and seriously hurt him. His stumbling steps made her ears twice, his footsteps were the only thing heard in the small group as they moved. Never again would she waste her secret stash of alcohol on Rgoueboy, she'd just save it until she was working on her art work and drink it herself, alone, oh god her life was pitiful and her closest friends was a drunk, a fourteen year old, and a chick that had cut herself and was moving to another squad. It made Namyr want to drink again and forget about how lonely she was.

Namyr's ear perked a little as she heard Rougeboy murmuring something, she supposed it was Darr telling them to get a move on so Namyr spend up her pace only to turn as Patch whistled something and to asked Rogueboy what both Patch and Darr were saying. She blinked and the next thing she knew she was knocked onto the ground by Rogueboy, who had, she guessed, tripped over his own feet. Out of instinct her hands were resting on Rogueboy's shoulders and their helmets and bodies were so close to one another, each others armor the only thing keeping them apart. Namyr felt all the anger she had been feeling escape in a gentle sigh, she could almost see Rogueboy's lime eyes and crooked nose though the visor on his helmet. Then his head moved to rest on her shoulder and the moment was gone, a slight hissing noise had gotten Namyr's attention and she pushed Rogueboy off of her and stood up.

"What was Patch, saying?" Namyr mumbled her cheeks flushing.

"Laser sensors in th door," Rogueboy said before the sound of feet, probably the rest of the guards echoed in the hallway.

"Rogue, just so you know if we die, I hate you," Namyr growled her body tensing as she removed her blades and waited for the guards, though she shielded both Rogueboy and Patch from the door as if to protect them. Maybe subconsciously she didn't want them hurt, but at the moment she was too concerned about the guards.

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  803
January 20, 2007 7:08:50 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
"Rogue, just so you know if we die, I hate you," Namyr growled as footsteps echoed on metallic stairs. The female stormtrooper positioned herself so that she would meet the enemy first. Why is she doing this? Rogue thought to himself If she thinks I won't pay for my screw ups she has another one coming.

Rogueboy tried to position himself through the doorway and in front of Namyr but she kept positioning herself so that it was impossible to get around her. Rogue quickly dropped down onto his stomach armour, using his Kylan blaster set on stun he took aim from between Namyr's legs.

Setting up his frequency to squad Rogue screamed into his comlink. "Darr! We accidentally triggered the alarm, Patch says..." The droid furiously beeped in the background. "That the New Republic base has been alerted as the holocamms have been re-sliced to work and have matched us as an Imperial force. They have dispatched three squads from the three-hundred-fifty-first, Platoon Cessa in an attempt to stop us. They will be here in twenty minutes, what are your orders?"

The comlink seemed awfully quiet as Rogue waited for Darr to either say continue with the mission or to say evac, the trooper secretly hoped for the latter. "We press on, we should be able to load up and ship out before they get here. Keep your weapons on stun until the New Republic lands their troops..."

Darr continued but Rogue ignored him as the first couple of guards made it down the stairs. Rogue stared down the sights of his hand blaster and lined it up with one of the guards chests and fired, the shot struck the guard in the shoulder because Rogue's ragged breathing made it impossible to keep the sights straight. Namyr's feet made no sound as she quickly ran up to the guards swords twirling in a mesmerizing pattern which seemed to work as the guards blasts went wide of her. Rogue was not able to take a shot without hitting Namyr so he quickly holstered his blaster and withdrew his sword and charged.

The guards were equipped with ESPO riot guns which were ineffective in close combat and Namyr was quickly bringing them down with her blades. Rogue stopped mid-charge as he realized that he was not needed and engaging in with the enemy would most likely get himself killed as Namyr's blades rose and fell with such speed and ferocity that she would probably decapitate Rogue by accident. Rogueboy admired how Namyr was graceful and dangerous all at the same time with her blades, and even though she was only using the hilts of her blades to deal her damage it was still beautiful to watch.

Finally all the enemies were on the floor Namyr turned to look at Rogueboy who was standing leaning against a wall with his arms folded across each other. "Didn't save one for me did you?" Rogue asked in a mischievous voice.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited January 20, 2007 7:31:59 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited January 21, 2007 6:38:25 PM)]
Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

Post Number:  22
January 20, 2007 9:59:21 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr easily pushed herself in front of Rogueboy when he tried to get in front of her. He was drunk, and he seemed to get drunker by the minute, there was no way she'd let him get killed. Namyr felt her body relax as the guard's footsteps came closer and closer. She warmed up her hands and wrists by spinning her blades a few times and smirked. The last guards had only with riot guns, her blades were perfect for this fight.

Rogueboy's voice buzzed in her ears and she easily ignored it for once as she watched the guards come down the stairs and look around for what was causing the trouble. Namyr was a little unnerved as a blaster shot was shot from between her legs, but she didn't let it show as she lept forward after the first shot. Instantly her body began remembering her training from long ago with using dance steps with her blades, she spun to the left in time to miss a couple shots in her direction. A wolfish grin appeared on her face as the hilt of her blade crushed the nose of one guard. He went down only to be replaced with other guards, who surrounded Namyr.

"Remember, one enemy at a time but keep your body relaxed to move away from other attacks," Namyr could hear her teacher saying in her head as her body tilted to the side to miss another shot. Obviously these guards had never fought against a Twi'lek Blade dancer, half of them she took down were too mesmerized to fight and the other half had no idea how to fight against her. Except one, a big fellow that held a sword in his hand and looked like he knew how to use it. Namyr faltered a little as they looked at each other, she had never taken down an opponent as big as this guy, and wasn't sure how to take him down, because he too had armor on. Namyr glanced back at Rogueboy and gritted her teeth befpre looking back at the guard, "For him, at least," she thought bitterly and ran forward. She did a simple cut to the side at the last minute to try to get the gap in between the guy's armour, but the guy easily blocked her attack. As his sword hit against Namyr's crossed blades the force vibrated through her body causing her teeth to quake, and for her to almost drop her blades. This guy was insanely strong, she'd have to rely on her speed this time. The guard removed his sword and took a swipe at Namyr's shoulder, she quickly jumped back in time for it to leave a long line from her shoulder to the other side of her stomach. Then without warning he struck again, cutting into her shoulder. She bit back a cry of pain and lept backward, chewing on her lip to ignore the pain. Namyr and the guard circled around one another, looking for weaknesses. Namyr could see none, except, yes that was it, a slight gimp to the guy's right leg. A bad knee perhaps, she thought with a grin. She was about to take a big risk, if she lost both of her blades in this move she would easily be killed by this guard, then the guard would move on to Rogueboy, and Namyr wouldn't let that happen. With one blade she threw it as hard as she could at the guard's head, it distracted him for a spilt second, and lifted his sword up enough above his head to block the first blade, enough time for Namyr to throw her second blade into his knee. It dug deep into his knee and the guard fell back, screaming in pain.

Sweat clung to Namyr's forehead as she slowly walked up to the screaming guard and with a switf tap with her heel to his forehead, knocked him out. Then slowly she retrieved her two blades and attached them to her belt. Breathing heavily she finally got the courage to look at Rogueboy, only to see Rogueboy leaning against the wall smirking at her.

"Didn't save one for me did you?" he asked and Namyr's eyes narrowed and her temper began to flare. Her lips pursed as she glared at Rogueboy through her visor. Out of all the times to say to her, when she had protected him after he had set off the alarm. She wanted to kill him, slice him into ribbons and leave him for whatever scavenger this planet had. She hated him so much, even though thinking such a thing cause her insides to drop a little. She didn't care how pretty his eyes were, or how the smile he was directing at her at that moment, lit up his face wanting her to join in, she just wanted to kill him. Blood dripped down her chest armour, arm, and hand. Suddenly, one of her blades was in her hands and she held it's point to Rogueboy's throat.

"Just don't Rogue, not now," she managed to croak as drops of blood ran down the blade before falling off and splashing to the floor. She was tired, she wanted this mission to be over, and Rogueboy wasn't helping anything.

-----------------------
"Rogue, just so you know if we die, I hate you."
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  806
January 21, 2007 12:38:21 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
"Just don't Rogue, not now," Namyr said with obvious strain in her voice as she brought her sword to Rogueboy's throat.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Rogue cautioned never for an instant taking his eyes off of Namyr's wrist.

"Now why would I not want to do this?" Namyr asked her curiosity obviously piqued.

"Because Patch is behind you with his electric pike out, ready to knock you out should you make any move he would regard as offensive." Rogue answered a sly grin enveloping his features.

Namyr quickly glanced behind her and saw nothing, before she could turn around to face Rogue again a strong hand grabbed her wrist and twisted it she tried to bring her other sword around from behind her but Rogue expected this and had the other hand in another iron tight grip. Rogue put her into an arm lock forcing her to drop her swords.

"If you want to kill me try to do it when you know you have the upper hand with no unanswered elements, I may be drunk but I'm not stupid or weak. Get your stuff and stay in front of me, perhaps after this mission I will have you sent to the brig." Rogueboy gave Namyr a violent shove towards the loading dock door.

Namyr turned around. "Why don't you just kill me?" She screamed at him. The amount of hatred in her voice stunned Rogueboy. "Everyday I wake up without knowing why, why I ran from home instead of facing the ridicule and embarrassment. Everyday I wake up with only three friends, one a fourteen year old, the other an alcoholic, and the third a near suicide case. What the hell for?"

Ahh...poodoo why do I always get stuck with some crazy new recruit, I think I should have Patch permanently memory wiped after this. I really am no good with this sentimental stuff, think Rogue think.

The trooper slowly took off his helmet so that Namyr could see the fatigue in his sunken eyes. "I know what it's like, I live for this squad it has become my family since... never mind. Every time a Raider dies or disappears a piece of me goes with them, Namyr I am slowly dying because I am too dedicated. When Aphamos left it damn near drove me off the edge, he was the first Raider I befriended, and now he is gone like all of them. Leon I met in a different squad, and Darr I have always known. One day they will disappear or I will, what then?"

Namyr took off her helmet as well it seemed to make things more personal even though she wasn't sure she wanted that, tears were streaming down Namyr's face. "Rogue I'm all alone, I feel like it wouldn't matter if I died out here."

"I care, I care if you die out here." Rogue said and he meant it, for some reason the odd Twi'lek seemed to be remind Rogue of a friend he had before his "disappearance".

Insane laughter accompanied Rogue's statement. "And why would you care if I died or not?"

"Because you are a Raider and I would die with you." Rogue said bluntly before closing the distance between himself and Namyr. Rogue enveloped her in a hug and began to soothingly stroke her lekku, making sure not to cause Namyr any pain. Namyr sobbed in his shoulders, Rogue could see over Namyr's shoulder that Patch had his lifeform scanner searching for any nearby guards.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Namyr
ComNet n00b

Namyr

Post Number:  23
January 21, 2007 11:27:56 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr's hand shook as she held the sword to Rogueboy's throat. "What are you doing?" a distant voice in her head screamed. What was she doing, why was she attacking Rogue, because of his comment, no that wasn't it. He had surprised her while she was still in defense mode, that was what it was, of course, she had never warned him that she needed a couple minutes to revert back to herself or she'd attack anything. Already she was losing her edge as her hand shook even more.  Her shoulder burned in pain and any minute she would drop her blade.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Rogueboy told her and Namyr blinked a few times, his voice was soothing to her frazzled mind.  Like a cool washcloth to her forehead when her body raged with fever.

"Now why would I not want to do this?" Namyr asked curiously, her brain felt muddled as the adrenalin slowly ebbed from her system. She kept trying to catch Rogueboy's eyes so she look into them, some sort of comfort for herself.  More blood dripped down her blade as her shoulder continued to bleed, maybe she should put the sword down and fix her shoulder?

"Because Patch is behind you with his electric pike out, ready to knock you out should you make any move he would regard as offensive," Rogueboy said a sly grin appearing on his face. Patch was behind her, that was strange she hadn't heard the droid behind her. Looking slightly baffled, Namyr slowly looked behind her and suddenly her blade was knocked out of her hand, and her hand was pushed painfully backwards. Out of instinct she brought up her other sword, her actions seemingly slower then usual. And within a flash her other sword was knocked to the ground and both of her wrists were in pain. Namyr struggled but only brought more pain to her wrist. It really hurt, tears sprung to Namyr's eyes.

"If you want to kill me try to do it when you know you have the upper hand with no unanswered elements, I may be drunk but I'm not stupid or weak. Get your stuff and stay in front of me, perhaps after this mission I will have you sent to the brig," Rogue said and roughly pushed her in front of him. Suddenly a far off memory struck Namyr that cause her whole body to freeze up.

"Get going you filthy creature," someone roughly shoved Namyr, she couldn't see a thing they had put some sort of rough sack over her head. The bag was taken off of her head and Namyr blinked against the bright light.

"You're a slave now, and you master likes his slaves branded so everyone knows their his," a man hissed in her ear. Namyr screamed as a red hot blade was applied to one cheek then another.

Namyr could still hear her past screams and her adrenaline began coursing through her system. "Why don't you just kill me?" she screamed turning around to face Rogueboy. Isn't that what he wanted, her dead, it would be a relief on her head considering Namyr knew that Darr just considered her a distraction to Rogueboy. She looked at Rogueboy's silent figure, imagining his stunned face, and resisted the urge to laugh in his face. Yes she had a lot of hatred inside of her, and with good reason. "Everyday I wake up without knowing why, why I ran from home instead of facing the ridicule and embarrassment. Everyday I wake up with only three friends, one a fourteen year old, the other an alcoholic, and the third a near suicide case. What the hell for?" Rogueboy was silent for a moment and inside Namyr chuckled to herself, he thought she was a nut case, she knew it. But did it matter anyway, how things were going she'd be sent home by the end of the day and sold to the higher bidder.

Namyr's eyes widened as Rogueboy took off his helmet, he suddenly looked older, more tired, he looked like he just wanted to lay down and sleep forever. Namyr's inside suddenly tugged in pity, but she tried to shake it off, "I know what it's like, I live for this squad it has become my family since... never mind. Every time a Raider dies or disappears a piece of me goes with them, Namyr I am slowly dying because I am too dedicated. When Aphamos left it damn near drove me off the edge, he was the first Raider I befriended, and now he is gone like all of them. Leon I met in a different squad, and Darr I have always known. One day they will disappear or I will, what then?"

Namyr found herself gasping for air, she needed air, she quickly took off her helmet and breathed in the cool air around her. Those eyes, Rogueboy's eyes older then he was were trained on her as she looked up at him, "Rogue I'm all alone, I feel like it wouldn't matter if I died out here," she told him truthfully reaching her hand up to her face and realizing she was crying, ashamed for showing such emotion in front of a squad-mate she turned her head away.

"I care, I care if you die out here," Rogueboy said and that statement cause Namyr to look back at him. He looked so sincere for someone who was probably lying through his teeth. Namyr started laughing, she couldn't help it. It was as if all the pain and emotions she had ever felt were being choked up and out of her system by this horrible laugh. Finally she was able to get control of her laugh and she looked at Rogueboy with dark unpredictable eyes.

"And why would you care if I died or not?" she bluntly asked him her arms crossing.  She winced in pain as she shoulder throbbed as blood continued to leak down her armour.

"Because you are a Raider and I would die with you," Rogueboy said and suddenly he was there in front of Namyr, his arms wrapping around her and holding her. Tears welled up in Namyr's eyes as her heart broke at someone showing her kindness that she had never experienced not even with her parents or siblings. Then she wept into his shoulder, comforted by Rogueboy's presence, she shivered a little as Rogueboy stroked her Lekku. Slowly the tears in her eyes began to dry and she felt better. She let herself be held by Rogue just a little longer before she pulled away slightly. She looked up at him, studying his face, taking in the shape of his face, the crookedness of his nose, looking into his eyes she saw how old her was and how tired her really was. Namyr didn't say a word, but her eyes were filled with thank yous, and affection for Rogueboy. Then tentatively she reached a hand up and ran her fingertips down his cheek in a gentle manner. She then quickly pulled away her hand and pulled herself completely out of Rogueboy's hold and business-like put her helmet back on.

"We need to get going," she said simply picking up her blades and she started walking, "Rogue," she then added her Twi'lek accent adding a flare to his name, "Next time you have to give me a moment to return to myself after a fight like that.  When I fight I am a more primal creature and will lash out at anyone who is a threat to me.  Next time I might accidentally kill you, and I would be saddened if I did," she said a little humor behind her voice as she pasted Patch, patting the droid on the head and humming a little to herself.  Then her hand flew up to her shoulder as the pain returned.  Namyr bit her lip and calmly reached for her first aid kit and clumbsily began applying a bandage to her wound.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited January 21, 2007 11:36:31 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  809
January 21, 2007 4:52:49 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The three of them moved into the loading dock which was stacked high with crates. Namyr filed out her recovered blades at the ready as she quietly began scanning for nearby threats. Rogue followed and instinctively looked up; there was a walkway just above them leading to what appeared a sort of control room. "Namyr." Rogue whispered to get her attention.

She turned around with her body language depicting annoyance at the interference in a potentially hostile area. Rogue used his index finger on his right gloved hand to point up never taking his eyes off searching for any hostiles behind Namyr. The female trooper's head nodded understanding, together they walked until the catwalk ended at a ladder which Rogue quickly took point.

Rogueboy thumbed the safety off of his pistol and double checked to make sure it was set on stun before slowly walking over the catwalk, his boots making metallic sounds as they struck the catwalk each one making Rogue wince. The crates were stacked so high that they were not able to see the entire loading dock as they would have been able to if it was empty. Rogue closed the gap to the control room until he could hear movement inside.

The door that led into the control room was open and sounds of people moving around could be heard from the inside Rogue unclipped a flashbang from his belt and motioned to Namyr that he is going to throw it. Suddenly something pounced on Rogueboy before he was able to pull the pin out from the grenade a huge claw was raised above Rogue and was about to come down and end his life.

Preditor paused mid-strike as he realized that the drunk smelling enemy really turned out to be Rogue. "This one thought he smelled the Twi'lek but this white knight reeks enough to cover up the smell."

Rogueboy was never so happy to see the green scaled behemoth before in his life but he still had a reputation to keep up. "Preditor, don't scare me like that again I almost killed you."

Preditor let out a bray of hissing which Rogue interpreted as laughter. "This one was about to tear you apart, ASL or not."

"Well either way mind getting off of me? You're not exactly what I would call light." Preditor got off of Rogue and gave him a hand to stand up. "What were you doing back here anyways?" Rogue asked suspicion in his voice.

"Leon told this one to bring the unconscious guards up here and to lock the door." Preditor hissed his tone clearly indicating he picked up the suspicion in Rogue's voice.

Rogue set his communications to only interact with Leon's. "Leon, what's the status with your squad in the loading dock?"

"I have Preditor taking care of the guards, Rayden is positioned in the back watching multiple doors, in the meantime I'm trying to get the loading dock gate opened, but the damn button isn't working. I tried to contact you earlier but you didn't respond had a hard time getting through?" Leon asked with clear frustration in his voice.

"Uh...never received a message from you, you can check my logs later if you don't believe me. Did you make sure it was set to either squad or me?" Rogue said.

"I think that's what might have been the problem, anyways if I can't get this door open I'll have Preditor blast it open, I wish Darr would show up with Aeos." Commented Leon.

"Same here, in the meantime I'm going to tell Demonic to bring the ship around so that he could load up the goods, I can't wait to finish up this mission." Rogue said as he positioned himself at an area that gave him a good viewing area of the loading dock. Bring it on Rogue thought to himself as he waited for either guards or NR troops.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

ASL/SGT_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS][CoR]
Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

Post Number:  25
January 21, 2007 6:17:35 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr moved the whole insident to the back of her mind, she couldn't be distracted by her emotions, not at the current moment. Stealthily she walked down the hall, her ears open for any danger, and her mouth tasting anyone else ahead of them. Her eyes narrowed as she tasted something strange, a slick, cold, pond-like taste. The taste grew stronger as they entered the loading docks and Namyr frowned.

"Namyr," Rogueboy's voice said from behind her. Namyr stiffened her concentration shot. Stiffly she turned and looked at Leon who pointed upwards. She looked up to see a catwalk leading to the control room. Nodding she made her way to the ladder, she quickly put on sword in her mouth and held the other and quickly made her way up the ladder. She pulled herself onto the catwalk and grabbed Rogueboy's hand to help him up to join her. Namyr waited for Rogueboy to adjust his gun to stun and let him walk ahead of her. She sighed at the loud clanging noise of Rogueboy's boots and for the hundredth time vowed to teach him how to walk.

Namyr paused behind Rogueboy as they stopped a little ways away from the control room. Namyr could hear something or someone shuffling around. The cold, slimly taste assaulted her taste buds again causing her to gag silently. Namyr took afew steps back as Rogueboy signaled to her that he was going to use his flash bang. Namyr let out a small shocked scream as a green blur came out of nowhere, knocking Rogueboy off his feet. All she could see was a giant, clawed hand ready to strike Rogueboy. Namyr started running forward to knock the beast off when it spoke.

"This one thought he smelled the Twi'lek but this white knight reeks enough to cover up the smell," the beast said and Namyr realized it was Preditor and let out a sigh of relief. She smirked slightly before thinking, "yeah buddy and I could taste you, too bad I didn't realize it was you until later."

Namyr was quiet as Preditor and Rogueboy spoke. She frowned slightly as she got a transmission that Leon was having trouble opening the door. She thought Patch would have done that by now, unless...unless someone was keeping them trapped by stopping the door. Namyr glanced around and saw a ladder up to the roof. without a word she swung onto the ladder and headed up, punching open the sky window and peering out over the cold terrain. She opened her mouth and was instantly flooded with at least twenty different pheromones. Her eyes widened and she ducked in time to miss a shot to her head.

She slid down the ladder and landed heavily on the catwalk, "Leon, don't open that door!" she said into her intercom, "There's about twenty or more PMC or NRPD, I'm not sure which, waiting for us outside," she said her voice shaking slightly, 'whatever you do keep that door shut!"

-----------------------
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1165
January 21, 2007 7:04:10 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
This whole situation is going to hell. We can only press on, I guess. He motioned to Aeos to cover him, and then set to work on the lock. It was a simple electronic lock, so he only had to plug in his datapad and run a cracking program. Three seconds or so passed before light turned green. "Alright, let's hack this terminal and get back to Raiders."

He keyed the door open and they walked into the room. It was a wide room, filled with server towers. At the end of the hall, two men sat and terminals, frantically typing. One of them turned around and panic covered his face. The man was middle aged and balding, harldy looking to be a threat He raised his hands.

"Please, dont shoot. Just do whatever you want. I have a family, dont..." But he was suddenly cut off by the other man, who had still not turned around.

"Shut up, Bryan." The man had long black hair, jell-spiked.

"But these guys have guns! Aren't you the least bit worried? Dont you... wait." He became more panicked, "Your one of them, aren't you! I knew there was something odd about you! Ted goes on a sudden vacation and then your here. Ted hasn't taken a day off in four years! What a..."

"Do you really need to go on like this?" The man got up and turned around, causing Darr-Rann and Aeos to tighten up their stances. "Oh, dont make this harder then it already is." Darr-Rann's eyes drifed down to the man's hands, which were in the pockets of his tunic. He braced himself to fire but didnt have the chance. A blade hissed forward through the air, biting into his E-11 and taking it out his grip. He turned his gaze for a moment to find Aeos was in a similar situation.

"What the hell is going on?" The other worker asked, taking a step away from the attacker. The man sighed and picked up a case that sat nearby on the ground. As soon as he reached down the two stormtroopers were on the move, drawing their bayonets and charging on the man. The attacker drew out a pair of black slugthrower pistols, both fitted with large silencer components. He quickly threw his arm to the side, firing a single shot at the other technician's head, sending blood spraying across the terminal. He then turned back so that both pistols were held in front of him and opened fire.

"Damn it!" Darr-Rann cursed to himself as he rolled out of the way. He checked that Aeos also had evaded then lunged forward. Two rounds hit him, one uselessly lodging into his shoulder plate and the other biting into his side. He gritted his teeth with pain and slammed his helmeted head forward, knocking the man back and causing him to drop his weapons. He stabbed down with his bayonet, only to find the man had drawn out a blade of his own from the case and had fended the blow. Three heavy punches crashed into the squad leader before he was thrown back to the ground...

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SSG_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SENIOR SERGEANT
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  810
January 24, 2007 8:38:39 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The situation was grim and Rogueboy was pushed into command by being the senior officer present and even in his drunken, exhausted state it was expected that he should lead the squad unto victory or death. First things first Rogueboy consulted the blue prints on the loading dock that Patch pilfered from the terminal's databanks.

First thing we need to do is secure all entries and exits, how many men do I have? Rogue did a head count and came up with five including himself. How do I want them positioned? I want Aph...

Aph isn't here, he retired.

Your right, I was Squall...

Squall is gone as well.

Marka?

Gone.

Who do I have left?

Only Darr, and some new faces.

I guess I should learn who they are.

Rogueboy opened the HUD roster and looked over all their names and their specialities. "Preditor, I want you to booby trap those two doors as the east, Namyr and Rayden, the door that me and Namyr arrived in I want it blockaded. Leon, make sure no baddies come down that ladder leading to the skylight. I'm going to see what Darr is up to." Rogueboy sent Darr a private message asking where he was, as well as warning him of the new dangers.

Preditor arrived shouldering his backpack of explosives. "This one set the traps, awaiting new orders." The green lizard said standing near Rogue at rapt attention.

"Preditor I want you to act as a reserve force anyone that needs help, help them." Rogueboy switched his comlink to all four of his squadmates. "I'm going to be honest with you guys, I can't reach Darr and I'am not sure about his status. I have turned this situation into a barricade situation we will hold out for as long as necessary. I'm going to go on a one man sally and try to draw off some attention from you guys. Leon will be in charge during my absence." Rogueboy switched his comlink to a private secure channel with Namyr. "I feel like I'm sobering up, so I should be fine, before you and Rayden barricade the door let me squeeze through."

"If you think you are doing this alone, you are sadly mistaken." Namyr's responding voice sounded almost motherly.

"You will do as you are ordered to, or else if we should come out of this alive I will personally have you flogged for insubordination. Got it?" Rogue made sure it was stern showing that there was no argument to be made of it.

Rogueboy walked through the door, leaving Patch with his squad as he prepared to attack the enemy from behind, or die in the attempt. Rogue had a premonition that something in this mission will go much worse than it already is. Who will I lose this mission? Darr? Leon? Does it even matter? Eventually I will lose them all, might as well get it done with.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited January 24, 2007 8:40:49 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  421
Total Posts:  1091
January 24, 2007 9:27:53 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon watched as Rogue quietly slipped through the door, leaving him alone with the rest of the squad. What now? Leon thought to himself, thinking about Rogue's last orders. Leon was nervous; he was going to lead the squad. The only problem was that he didn't know how. Does Rogue really trust me that much? Thought Leon to himself as he nervously looked around the room. Well it doesn't matter now, its time to get to work...

Leon cracked his knuckles, and then picked up his E-11 Blaster Rifle. "Alright, you all heard Rogue, let's get to work!" Said Leon, letting out a slight frown. He didn't feel right telling them what to do& it was strange.

The sound of metal on metal could be heard from above, causing Leon's frown to grow even bigger. There's a lot of them... this is gonna be tuff. Leon paced around a bit, examining his surroundings, looking for things that would give the squad an advantage. A few moments later, Leon new what he had to do. He was going to use himself as a distraction. If he could hold the enemy off long enough, Namyr and Rayden would be done with the blockade, and could maybe flank the enemy.

"Preditor..." Leon mumbled. He turned his head to the huge reptilian, who had already begun to work on some kind of bomb. That's my secret weapon right there, I know exactly what I gotta do...

"Preditor, try and hurry up with that, I'm gonna need you more then ever," said Leon, his voice cracking a bit. The clanging of the boots were growing louder now, the enemy would arrive at any moment. Leon checked the setting of his rifle, it was still on stun. Leon looked back up, they weren't here yet.

The clanging was even louder now, and the sound of muffled voices could be heard. Leon took one last look at his squad mate's positions, and crouched behind a crate. All he had to do was hold them off for maybe five minutes, and then he would have some back up. At least we'll be able to surprise them, thought Leon.

Leon switched to the main comm channel. "Alright you guys, try and finish up as soon as you can, I'm gonna need some help pretty soon."

I just hope I'm still alive when the help comes...

-----------------------
Raiders
May god have mercy upon my enemies, for I will show none.
TRP/LCP Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited January 24, 2007 9:29:39 PM)]
Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

Post Number:  26
January 24, 2007 11:47:17 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr listened to the orders, they made sense, barricade the room, keep the enemy away until they were ready for them. She could do that, Namyr checked her gun and made sure it was in close reach in case she had to use it. Then she jumped a little as Rogueboy's voice echoed in her ear over a private channel.

"I feel like I'm sobering up, so I should be fine, before you and Rayden barricade the door let me squeeze through," Rogueboy said his voice gruff, dark, and preoccupied. Namyr bit her lip to keep her emotions from playing with her voice as fear for Rogue's safely started to rise in her chest. "If you think you are doing this alone, you are sadly mistaken," she said bravely, affection for Rogueboy escaping her, she felt her chin jutting out slightly in rebellion to Rogueboy's orders. Like hell she'd let him go out there on his own to get maimed or possibly killed.

"You will do as you are ordered to, or else if we should come out of this alive I will personally have you flogged for insubordination. Got it?" Rogueboy told her in such a tone that Namyr knew he was serious. She bit her lip and turned her head away and let out a sigh.

"Hey, Rogue, promise me you won't get yourself killed, okay? WE still have to get that drink remember?" she said softly before ending the channel and hurrying after Rayden as they headed towards the door. Half of her mind on the project and the other half of her mind concerned for Rogueboy, Namyr flipped over a table and her and Rayden quickly barred the door with it, using a welder to smelt the table to the door. Rayden nodded to Namyr just as they got a message from Leon.

"Alright you guys, try and finish up as soon as you can, I'm gonna need some help pretty soon," Leon said his voice sounding very young to Namyr as she looked up at the ceiling at the sound of boots on the roof. Dang, she knew that she should have barred the sky light when she had been up there. Another rookie mistake hopefully it wouldn't get them killed. Rayden and Namyr jogged up to Leon just as they head footsteps going down the ladder.

"Leon, you'd better have a decent plan," Namyr murmured into the main channel as her hands reached for her blades and held them lightly in her hand.

"Okay Preditor, now!" Leon shouted and dropped to one knee, Namyr and Rayden following in suite just as the door exploded into little pieces, knocking the enemies back and killing at least the five of them who were trying to get the door open. Namyr stood up straight as the dust began to clear. Slowly her blades began spinning in her hands as the troops on the roof finally got to ground level and were coming towards them and what was left of the door troops were already surrounding them. Trapping them in a circle of death, Namyr merely smirked behind her helmet. So this was how it was going to end for them. On a beer raid that had spun out of control.

"Leon, I think these fellows are looking for some trouble," Namyr chuckled her eyes darkening as she counted the soldiers, nineteen in all. They were outnumbered, but this was what they had trained for in basic, and Namyr was ready.

"Let's go you guys and let's try not to die," Leon said his voice squeaking slightly.

Namyr grinned widely and lept forward, missing a few laser shots before burying one of the hilts of her blades into the jugular of one solider. He went down choking, trying to breath, he'd live but not fight against them again that day. She spun around and knocked the pistol out of another soldier's hand and swiftly kicked him in the forehead knocking him unconscious. More soliders began closing in and Namyr was losing ground to move. For a second she got a little breathing time and looked around and wasn't able to see Leon, Rayden, or Preditor in the mass, she hoped that they were okay, the whole situation looked hopeless.

"Gods above, listen I don't care what happens to me, but make sure my squad mates make it out of here. And keep an eye on Rogueboy, I think he's going to try something stupid, he's an ass like that," Namyr thought as she blocked a sword that a solider had pulled out when she had disarmed him from his pistol. She winced slightly as her arms began going numb due to the wound to her shoulder, slowly it was getting harder and harder to hold onto her blade and if she dropped it she was dead.

-----------------------
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1169
January 27, 2007 7:54:03 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann got to his feet quickly, bringing his bayonet up to fend off a possible blow. The man laughed and flicked his blade around in a showoff manor. He took a quick glance at Aeos, who also had her weapon at the ready. Darr-Rann was tempted to try and retrieve his blaster, but it'd probably get him stabbed.

"Come on, we don't have all day now. Let's see what'ch you got." The man said, giving a few mock stabs in their direction. He didn't seem too serious, yet Darr-Rann had seen him kill the technician in cold blood, without so much a twitch. He didn't know how well his combatant could fight in melee, but the squad leader wasn't going to make any assumptions.

Darr-Rann opened a private channel with Aeos. "You swing low, I'll swing high." He told her, readying himself for the opening of confrontation. She didn't reply verbally, but sent a acknowledge signal - She was probably preparing herself as well. There was a brief period of silence; It seemed like ages, but in reality it was only about three seconds. The opponents watched each other without speaking, waiting for someone to make a move.

Darr-Rann lunged forward...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This one is a white knight." The Barabel told himself as he took the man in his claws. "This one must not fail knight-squad." The lizard man recognized fear in the human's eyes, not too different then it appeared in those of his kind. He sunk the dagger-sharp weapons into the man and pulled, tearing enormous gashes across the man's back. Blood spurted out wildly before he deposited the corpse on the ground, wiping his tail with adrenaline and surverying his opponents. The gaurds edged around him with a look of terror in their eyes, none of them wanting to make a move.

Preditor didn't realize it, but to them he must have seemed a monster. His claws and armor with covered in blood of his latest victim, and he leaned slightly forward, as if he was about to lung apon one of them. He did just that.

The man screamed as one of Preditor's claws crashed down on his chest, cutting through flesh, armor, bone and organ alike with little difficulty. At the same time he swung around his tail, which clubbed into another man and sent him sprawling on the ground with broken ribs. Two other men stabbed at him, biting through armor and scales before their vibration jammed and they lost most of their efficiency. Preditor simply swung his torso around so that the blades were taken out of the mens hands, bringing one claw in a raking attack to the side of the closest's head.

He looked over to Namyr. It would have looked like she was in the middle of a graceful dance performance, if each movement of her arm brought with it a spray of blood as the sharp Twi'Lek blades  cut through opponents effortlessly. He couldnt see Rayden at all, but Preditor spotted Leon holding his own, fighting in a more traditional corps' style.

He returned his focus to his opponents, who were beginning to circle him for attack during his brief distraction. The Barabel grinned and lunged forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darr-Rann slashed downward, but the blade was deflected. As this happened Aeos took a slice at the man's legs, hoping to damage his mobility. The dark-haired fight drew a dagger from inside his jacked and blocked it in one swift move. Two blades! Darr-Rann thought to himself. Being able to wield two blades effectively was an impressive feat, as it required a great deal of focus and a degree of ambidexterity. Darr-Rann knew from that point that if he fought this man alone, he would probably lose.

He hadn't fought blade to blade for a while - In fact, since he had killed his brother at desert rage. Since then his swordsmanship abilities had diminished down a degree due to a neglect brought on by bad memories.

"Oh, come on now, it ain't tough. Give me a real quick stab, all it it takes, eh?" The man taunted, fending off all attacks thrown at him with an appearance of bored ease. Suddenly black-haired man went on the offensive, bullying Aeos away and swinging his blade around at Darr-Rann's neck. The Squad leader raised his blade to block, but was suddenly met with a swift follow-up as the dagger sliced through the air. He was forced to jump back to avoid.

How are we supposed to kill this guy?

Kal sat back in his chair, anxiously watching the building below as speeders parked outside. Troops filed out of the vehicles, carrying with them weapons and supplies. Clearly the situation had gone to hell.

But what could he do? He was trying to maintain an suspicious presence near the building, but as enemy presence increased so did the inquisitions towards him. He wouldn't be able to stick around forever.

He tried to contact the raiders again. They hadn't answered their comlinks lately, and he was afraid they had been engaged in battle, or worse. All he could do was keep trying.

Suddenly the reply he was seeking finally came, but from an unexpected source. "Hey Kal." Leon's voice echoed over the shipboard audio output. "It's a bit of a mess down here, so I hope you dont mind if I'm not too talkative. Darr's out of contact and Rogue's off executing some sort of diversion, so I'm in charge right now."

Leon's in charge? Demonic thought, recalling the trooper. The situation must have really gone to hell then. He spoke. "People are starting to get real nosy around here. I'm going to drop the lifter droids as un-suspiciously as I can. When your ready for them, just run that radio signal I downloaded onto your mission com and they'll be yours to command.

"Thanks. I hope we'll get the chance to actually use them." Leon replied. They said their goodbyes and then Kal cut the connection to the channel.

Well, here goes nothing... He thought to himself, angling the ship towards the landing pad.

-----------------------
Raiders
SENIOR SERGEANT
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  29
January 28, 2007 4:57:01 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr spun around slicing open one man's jugular, and slicing open another man's abdomen. Sweat trickled down her neck and face, her hurt arms shaking, threatening to drop her one blade at any moment. Namyr let out a few small breaths as the circle around her let up a little. Blood from her wound flowed down her armour leaving small puddles on the floor at her feet, which Namyr took note to try to avoid to keep from slipping. Breathing heavily she lept forward slicing open another man before flipping backwards behind the circle and taking out two more.

Namyr's heavy breath had begun fogging up her visor making it difficult to breath and see. A couple of times she even missed a target due to her fogged up visor. She wished desperately to take off her helmet and take a deep breath. Luckily she had learned her lesson the first time and instead concentrated on her steps and swings. Suddenly Namyr screamed out in pain as one of the men hit her in her hurt shoulder with the butt of his rifle, while another one ripped her blade out of her hand while she was distracted. The blade went flying across the room, as Namyr went down on one knee. Carefully, she managed to hold off the men with one sword, until the butt of a rifle knocked her in the back of her head so hard that Namyr felt her teeth vibrate. Her lekku seared in pain as she was knocked over, and she was so disoriented that stars and purple blotches flashed across her eyes. She doubted that the men knew that she was a Twi'lek and that her lekku was her one weak spot, but they had hit the spot dead on. She groaned in pain as she was flipped onto her back by one of the men's boots on her hurt shoulder. Her vision blurred as she looked down the barrel of a rifle, even her helmet wouldn't hold up against a direct blast to the face. But Namyr smiled slightly as she closed her eyes, looking down the barrel of the gun reminded her of when she had scared Rogueboy, and then she wondered if he was okay.

She supposed her death would make her family happy, the insurance on her death would pay off their dept to whoever it was. Not that Namyr cared, she would be dead, probably buried in the Corps cemetery, or maybe just shot into the nearest sun, she kind of liked the sun idea, her body washed in warm and beauty then burning into dust, scattering around the cosmos. Namyr heard a shot rang out near her ears and let out breath waiting for death but after a few seconds she felt nothing, slowly she opened her eyes and saw a figure standing over her, and the bodies of the guards around here. Namyr squinted trying to focus her vision, her head pounding from the knot forming on the back of her head.

"Rogue?" she asked, and no answer and finally Namyr's vision cleared and she was staring at a droid of some sort that was holding a pistol in it's hand. She quickly ran through her droid training and recognized it as a ASP-19 droid, they must have been part of the workforce in the factory, after all the best droids would be used for exporting some of the best beer in the galaxy. Slowly Namyr sat up as the droid moved on after it's senors decided she wasn't an enemy. Glancing over to a nearby wall Namyr saw Patch connected to a port, and then she grinned. Good old Patch, he had overrode the droids general functions and made them allies to the Raiders.

Namyr slowly got to her feet and picked up her sword, her head pounded but she quickly ran forward to help in the fight. There were only about seven droids to help them, and the Raiders were still outnumbered. Namyr knew they needed a miracle, any miracle at all. There was a sudden lull in the noise and Namyr stopped in mid slice at the sound of a heavy engine coming their way. "You guys move out of the way," Namyr said over the comlink before turning and running a few steps back and turning in time to see a large cargo mover crash through a wall of crates.

"Who in the hell is crazy enough to do that!" Namyr said aloud through the comlink.

"Hey don't insult the solider whose rescuing your ass," Rogueboy replied cockily from the driver seat of the cargo mover as he controlled the claws to pick up one of the soldiers and throw him into a nearby wall as the cargo mover ran over a few more guards.  Namyr's eyes went large and her mouth turned into a large grin and she felt her inside swell a little.

"Advice taken, man I never thought I'd been glad to see you Rogue," Namyr added her voice filled with relief that Rogueboy was alright and that they had a chance now.  She jumped back into the fight her blades spinning, her hurt shoulder forgotten.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited January 28, 2007 5:54:56 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited January 28, 2007 8:07:54 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  813
January 29, 2007 3:41:27 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy was running around, weaving through obstacles in his way his full concentration on the map located inside his HUD. What the hell can I use to save their asses and make myself appear more than just a drunken fool. The map located a nearby maintenance station which was slightly larger than your average janitor's closet. Upon closer inspection Rogue noticed a bunch of lifting tools and vehicles; all of a sudden he got a damn good idea. Rogueboy jumped into the seat of a nearby cargo mover and began looking for a scomp link he could connect his datapad to, finding one he fixed his comlink to Patch. "Patch I need a slicing program for a..." Rogueboy read the model for the mover. "XT-1200."

Within seconds Rogue had received the upload and he began splicing through through the mover's systems. Two minutes passed before Rogue was able to successfully commandeer the vehicle, the trooper stared incomprehensibly at the controls. "Uhh...Patch, can you also send me the instruction manual for the mover?"

Surely enough the faithful droid did its job and Rogue was looking at the manual through his datapad after perhaps fifteen minutes he had learned enough to think he knew how to operate it. Rogue kicked the lifter into gear and aimed it for where his map said his squad was fighting, or possible died. The machine was huge and ran on treads, it had a claw like arm that was extendable, as it was also built by a very durable metal which Rogue found out when he did not make a proper turn through the exit and took out a piece of wall.

The walls were not as strong as they had appeared as Rogueboy plowed right through them with the lifter all the while humming a song to himself that he had heard earlier that morning whilst taking his shower. Soon the humming turned into song as Rogue sung the lyrics as best he could. "This is my life, it's not what it was before, all these feelings I shared and these are my dreams that I've never lived before, somebody shake me cause I, I must be sleeping. Now that we're here it's so far away, all the struggle was in vain, all the mistakes one life could take, and are finally starting to go away." Rogue braced himself as he plowed through another wall and turning it into rubble and debris a droid tried to escape his wanton destruction but it was turned into flattened metal and bolts as he drove on.

"I can' believe that I'm not ashamed to be the person I am today, I'm so afraid of waking, please don't shake me, afraid of waking, please don't shake me!" Rogue continued in song as his adrenaline began building up the closer he came to the squads last location

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  30
February 2, 2007 7:27:23 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr breathed heavily as she sliced through another guard, at the very moment where she thought she would drop from exhaustion, she looked up to see the bodies of all the guards at her squad's feet, or in Rogueboy's instance underneath the wheels of the cargo mover. Namyr prayed to the gods for her still being alive, and her teammates safety. Licking her dry lips Namyr jogged over to her squad mates and as she waited for orders she took out a piece of cloth and cleaned the blood from her blades before placing them back in their sheath.

"Alright, everyone onto the cargo mover and let's go to the cargo bay, and get the hell out of here before the next wave of guards get here," Leon told the squad, who in turn nodded and jumped onto various parts of the cargo mover, Namyr jumped onto the small space to Rogueboy's left and held onto the one of the cab's poles to keep balance. She watched as Rogueboy put the cargo mover into gear before Namyr retreated back into her thoughts. She hadn't expected her first mission to go exactly to plan, in fact she probably would have been disappointed if it had been all hunky dory. But of course she hadn't figured on getting so beat up. At the current moment all she wanted to do was ask Darr for a few days off and have a glass of wine before soaking her entire body in a hot bath.

Namyr frowned as they got to the cargo bay, she looked around watching as the booze was loaded up onto the ship. She couldn't put a finger on it but something was off. Namyr then choked out a gasp as she ran over to Leon, "Leon, Darr and Aeos should be here by now. I'm afraid they might have gotten into trouble," Namyr spoke through the comlink.

"Hold on Namyr, don't jump the gun, I'll try to open a frequency with him, they probably just got caught up somewhere," Leon said calmly though a tense edge to his voice made Namyr stiffen slightly, "Damn nothing, alright here's the deal Namyr you come with me, the rest of you make sure the booze gets on the ship, Rogue you're in charge, come on Nams let's go," Leon said taking off down a hallway. Both of them were silent as the ran, Namyr knew that Darr had to be alright, right? It was Darr he was like a big brother of some sort to the rest of them, he could handle anything. And Aeos was one tough cookie she could probably fight a Banta and win. They would be fine, they probably were just sampling the wares and getting trashed nothing serious.

Namyr stopped dead in her tracks as her mouth was assaulted with the taste of fear and the taste of victory and satisfaction. A cold sweat broke out over her forehead, as she motioned to Leon with her head to a nearby room. The both snuck up to the doorway and peered in, just in time to see Darr jumping back from a guy using two swords. Namyr's eyes went large as she watched as Aeos lept forward for an attack and the guy merely punched her in the stomach and knocked her unconscious with a tap to the forehead from the hilt of his sword.

Namyr bit her lip and glanced at Leon, she didn't want to play the hero, but how Darr win against this guy. Namyr could already tell that Darr had some experience with a sword, but it seemed like he had forgotten most of the fundamentals, often leaving openings on his body, luckily the guy wanted to play with Darr first before killing him and chose to ignore the openings. Then Namyr watched as the guy's blade swung around to take off Darr's head, then she sprung into action, instantly her blades were up and she slid in front of Darr in time to block the one blade that was aimed for his throat and to block another one inches from her helmet.

"Darr, get Aeos out of here," Namyr managed to say her voice strained as she used all of her strength to push the guy away from them.

"Namyr don't be stupid," Darr said his voice taking on a stern tone, "We're Raiders, we don't leave one of our squad mates behind."

"Then move Aeos to the side," Namyr said cautiously as the guy circled around them, "I'm serious Darr, I grew up around sword fighting, this guy is out of your league, possibly even mine, but at least I have a chance," she said her eyes narrowing slightly. Would anyone care is she died anyway, of course Rogueboy had said he would but that was also because she had been holding a sword to his throat. She doubted that his words had even been real, no matter how much she wished that they had been. She didn't want to play the hero, all she wanted to do was go back to her tiny barracks room and sleep for a week or two, but without her Darr and the rest of the squad could die and she wouldn't allow that to happen.

Darr was silent for a moment, digesting Namyr's words, before he nodded and dragged over to where Leon was standing. Namyr watched them go before turning her attention back to the man. He grinned wolfishly at her, "Well, well, seems I have an opponent who knows what he's doing," he said as Namyr and him circled around one another.

Namyr pursed her lips and kept silent as she tired to find a weakness in this guy, other then his cockiness she found none. Namyr's shoulder began twitching uncontrollably, luckily she hid it by spinning her blades around.

"Now, now, I like to see the face of my opponent," the guy said his grin becoming larger at the idea of a decent sword fight. Without a word and a flick of her wrist Namyr's helmet went flying off, landing at the feet of the guy. Delicately she shook her head to free her Lekku then looked up at the guy with dark, burning eyes.

"Wow a Twi'lek, heard you babes are pretty good at swords, I've been wanting to slice one of you open for the longest time," the guy said before leaping forward so fast that Namyr hardly had enough time to bring up a blade to block him. She quickly moved her free blade and tried a swipe to the guy's abdomen, but it was quickly blocked, but the guy left an opening that allowed Namyr to bring up her knee into his stomach. The man lept back, gasping for air.

-----------------------

LCPL Namyr
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  820
February 5, 2007 8:05:29 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy waited patiently at the driver's seat while the droids and himself loaded the alcohol as quickly as they could. The rest of the squad had positioned themselves with a vantage view so that they could oversee any disturbances that might occur.

"Guys we might want to hurry this up, next on the list of resistance is the New Republic militia stationed over here, and they have more resources on hand then the rest of these corpses." Rogue said on the comlink going on a squad frequency.

Ten minutes later

"Alright boys, the goods are nearly loaded." Demonic's voice came over the comlink in an almost child giddy voice.

"Where in the name of the Force is Darr, Aeos, Namyr, and Leon?" Rogue said allowed to no one in particular, the strain of having more then half the squad gone without a notice clearly evident in his confused manner, even though he was qualified to lead the squad he never directly had to on previous missions.

The alcohol was finally loaded, Patch had completely seized control of the distillery/brewery's surveillance and automated defense measures and was constantly monitoring all the holocamms at the same time, a feat that no human could do.

Rogue felt sick it wasn't from the early drinking or anything that he ate; it felt like there was a pit in his stomach which could perhaps be a premonition of something bad happening. Which of course made his mind wander.

How come I never get a premonition about something good happening?
Because your a pessimistic asshole.
You again?
Of course, you will never be rid of me.
Is that a premonition?
Be quiet smartass, it's a fact.
So your saying the only way you will leave me alone is if I fall in battle?
Perhaps, I wouldn't know the answer.
Care to find out?
Your willing to die to prove a hypothesis that may not be correct?
Yes, but not right now when I'm ready for it.
Nice!
Shut up, I can't believe how difficult this mission was.
You were expecting a walk in the holopark?
Weren't you?
Can't answer a question with another one.
Yes, I was. What did you think it would be like?
I thought you would get drunk, pass out, and get captured.
Close enough to the truth, can't wait to fall asleep on the shuttle ride home.
Mission isn't over yet, you might die.
Well then I wouldn't worry about waking up then would I?
There goes your pessimism streak.
All good things come to an end.
So do all bad things.
You saying optimism is a bad thing?
Tends to get you killed, meanwhile pessimism keeps you alive as you tend to be more defensive.
But if your always on the defense you will never win due to lack of offense.
I didn't say that.
But you were implying that.

The voice had no response and disappeared into the darkest pit it could find somewhere in Rogue's gray matter.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1179
February 9, 2007 11:11:12 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
The Black-Haired swordsman blocked Namyr's follow-up blow just in time. "It's about time I got some real entertainment around here. It's dreadful boring, sitting around here in front of a computer, pretending to fill in for some techie guy." He pushed Namyr back with a heavy barrage of cuts, then suddenly delivered a heavy kick to Darr-Rann, pushing the squad leader off of his feat and backward. Namyr lunged at him, but he deflected the blow.

"I actually had to use these things. Cant stand it  having to learn so much gibberish just to have a cover." Darr-Rann had gotten to his feet,  ready for another round. "Oh, piss off, will you?" The swordsman said irritated. "I'm trying to enjoy a good scrap here, but you keep butting in. Why don't you go take a nap like your friend on the floor over there, the Twi'lek'll join you when I'm done." He took a swing at Darr-Rann, sheathing his dagger as he went.

It happened quickly  The man's other hand drifted to the bottom of the vibroblade's handle, pressing down on a small bump on the silver cap on the end. He quickly drew out the ejected content, a small, sharp needle. He crossed blades with the squad leader, stepping in and drove the needle into the black undersuit of his armor, at his neck. The material was tough, but the needle was sharp enough to quickly pierce it and the soldier's skin following. Darr-Rann's body gave an involuntary twitch before he fell to the ground.

"Darr!" Namyr said, rushing forward to attempt to eliminate her target. The swordsman span around to face her and grinned, bringing the point of his blade forward in front of him to force her to stop. He drew his dagger again and began to parry her strikes. It was as if he simply wasn't tiring  In fact, his counterattacks were getting stronger, faster, and more frequent. Namyr had been through solid fighting for a while, and was wearing down.

The man suddenly began to flurry his attacks at a blinding speed. Suddenly he knocked one of Namyr's blades out of her hand, the weapon clanging as it hit the metal floor. He took a hard kick at the Twi'lek's legs, knocking the footing out from under her. She lost grip on her sword, and he kicked it aside. He sheathed his blades, picking up the dropped handguns and pointing them towards the fallen troopers.

"Sorry babe, but I guess it's going to have to end here..." The man said, his voice trailing off. He turned his head slightly, then swore violently. "What? Priority two?" He said to some invisible entity. "Your joking. All right, I'm on my way out now. What do you say I should do?" He paused for a moment, nodding. "Alright, I'll do it." He sighed, and this time addressed Namyr.

"Your friend will be back in action in about... oh, say, a minute or two. Your lucky I only gave him a little dose." The man said, "Hell, I'm lucky I only gave him a minor dose."

"I guess this is our goodbye, I'm afraid that this is going to have to be a bit of a one-nighter" He said, picking up his case. "I'd say I'll call you, but that wouldn't be very honest." He sped off towards the door. He stood in the door frame, then spoke for a final time.

"Ciao." He said, and the metal door dropped down. There was a muffled hissing sound, then silence. Namyr ran over to the door and jabbed at the open button, finding it unresponsive.

Suddenly Darr-Rann's groan echoed out through the room. Namyr ran over to the fallen trooper, who was stirring. "What happened..." He said drowsily."

"He's gone." The Twi'lek said, picking her medical kit off of the ground. She reached over to stop him from touching the needle, which she took a moment to examine it before removing the object and applying a bacta spray and patch. She placed the needle in a small, empty vial. "We're locked in."

Darr-Rann sat up a bit, trying to shake off his drowsiness. His body felt like it was asleep, and he could hardly move. "Well, we'll have to get it open then."

"No, that's not the point. The enemy presence has been steadily increasing  Another wave is bound to be on it's way." Darr-Rann understood suddenly what she meant. Getting the door open would take time without the proper equipment. Time they didn't have.

"And we're locked in here." He echoed.

-----------------------
Raiders
SENIOR SERGEANT
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  35
February 11, 2007 4:57:52 PM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr was pretty sure that if she was dead, this was probably hell. Sweat dripped down her armor making her body feel like it was in a humid rain forest. She was having trouble gripping her swords in her wet, clammy hands. She breathed heavily as she looked at the guy with black hair with half lidded eyes. All Namyr wanted to do was drop to the ground and sleep. Her eyes wided a little as Darr was kicked away from the fight and a little energy returned to Namyr.

Everyone's voice sounded muffle as she tried to rush forward as a needle was inserted into Darr's neck and he went down. She kidded to a hault as the guy's blades were pointed inches away from her stomach. The Namyr threw he blades up in time to block the guy's blades. Still breathing heavily it took all of Namyr strength to black the guy's attacks. she wondered if she would have had more of a chance if she hadn't been so tired, or hurt, her shoulder was killing her, and everytime she moved she could feel the warm trickle of blood down her shoulder. Namyr brought her blades up in time to keep her face from being sliced in half, then did something that would have made her Blade teacher wince, she left her legs unguarded and she realized it as her legs were kicked out from under her.

Namyr felt one of her blades slip from her hand and go sliding across the floor out of her reach. She looked up at the guy with dull eyes, how many times had she thought that she was going to die that day. She'd have to ask Rogueboy about it later if every mission was like this. She chuckled slightly at the thought of Rogueboy, it looked like he wouldn't get that drink she promised him. Then the guy was talking to someone who wasn't there, Namyr lifted her head a little. She then closed her eyes as the guy ran off, her brain too muddled to make sense of what the guy said.

After a few minutes Namyr slowly got to her feet and dragged herself over to the door and tried to open it. Panic raced through her system as she pounded on the door a couple of times. A groan coming from Darr made her turn and run towards him.

"What happened?" Darr asked Namyr as she knelt down beside him.

He's gone," Namyr murmured picking up her Medpac and settling to work to making sure Darr was alright, "We're locked in," she added hoping Darr had some idea on how to get them out.

"Well, we'll have to get it open then," Darr replied in such a cool manner that Namyr felt her temper and frustration boil over. She didn't care that Darr was her superior, or that she should emotionally explode over something like this. But she was beyond exhausted, injured and hungover.

"No, that's not the point. The enemy presence has been steadily increasing  Another wave is bound to be on it's way!" she cried out fiddling with her helmet on to keep her emotions from Darr, she had to be strong she had to get out of here.

"And we're locked in here," Darr replied, Namyr let out a frustrated sound and walked over to the door and pounded against it until her fists began to bleed. Then the rest of her strength seemed to drain from her as she rested her head against the cool metal of the door. She then reached down to her helmet she had dropped as she had started beating on the door.

"Hey Rogue," she said quietly her voice shaking a little, "We've run into a little problem, we've been locked in one of the storage rooms. Seems we can't get out, some guy with a sword shorted out the door and locked them," she said and sniffed a little before getting control of herself as she slumped against the wall, "Don't know what to do you know?  Too tired to think," she added closing her eyes for a moment, "Probably because I'm pretty beaten up.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've got more guards on their way. So if you have any ideas that would be great, I doubt this is something Patch an get us out of."

-----------------------

LCPL Namyr
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited February 12, 2007 10:49:52 AM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1191
February 15, 2007 6:32:30 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Shit. Rogueboy thought, racking his mind for a solution to their current situation. Three Raiders were locked in a room behind a blast door, and they didn't have enough explosives to open it up. To make the situation worse, Kal had radioed in reporting of enemy chatter  More forces were on the way.

"Pred, Leon, Rayden." The assistant squad leader said, "Have you found anything yet? We're running low on time here."

"Negative." Leon said, "I dunno what to do. I mean, even Pred wouldn't be able to bash that door down, it's solid metal."

Suddenly something clicked in. Bash that door down... He paused, and turned his gaze to the loader droid sitting parked on the other side of the room. "I have an idea."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal watched the display screen, which were displaying the long range sensors. Distant, but approaching, a series of contacts appeared. They were too far away yet to acquire a greater degree of information, but he was certain it was dropships carrying the forces he was told about. He opened up a channel with the Raiders.

"All the cargo is loaded, but I've just picked up the enemy landing ships in the distance." He said. "More of them then last time. You need to get out of there."

There was as slight hiss of feedback as Rogueboy gave his response. "Roger that, we'll be out soon."

"She's going to be okay." Namyr said after she finished examining Aeos, "She was only knocked out, no serious damage I can see. I'd give her some wakeup stim, but my kit got damaged as some point during the fighting and most of my supplies are ruined. I'm afraid we'll have to carry her out."

Darr-Rann nodded, letting out a sigh of relief. "Now all we have to do is get out of here." He walked down the hall towards the door. "How are we supposed to get this ope..." Suddenly he was cut off by a notification on his private channel with Rogue. He opened it.

"Get clear of the door!" The assistant squad leader cried out.  Darr-Rann hurried back down the hall, hearing a crashing sound followed by a clang of metal hitting metal. He looked back to see a loader droid backing out of doorway. Rogueboy walked in.

"Sorry about the short notice, apparently patch isn't too good at piloting that thing." The Sergeant said. In the background, Darr-Rann could hear the irritating beeping sound of the stolen astromech.

What do you know, the wastebin actually came in handy... The squad leader thought to himself.  "Let's get out of here." He said.

"I've already sent the others to the ship." Rogue replied, "Kal has the the engines hot and ready to go."

Darr-Rann walked over to Aeos and picked her up, grunting as he lifted the net weight of her and the heavy Commando armor she wore. They headed out the door and down the hallway towards the landing pad.

As they ran outside, the sound of ion engines filled their ears. Landing craft, at least half a dozen of them, were on the approach. They ran towards the ship just as the first of them began to land, fire hailing at them as they climbed the ramp. Rogueboy slammed the close button, then began to yell, "Take off, take off!"

The old cargo ship shuddered as it's Ion engines rumbled with energy. The ship lifted up into the air, red flashes splashing across it's hull as blaster bolts were absorbed into it's now active energy shields.

"We're off." Demonic's voice rang out over the announcement speakers. "Enjoy the cruise." The freighter sped forward and then angled, picking up altitude as it went. The enemy radio frequency was filled with orders to deploy starfighters and coordinate planetary turbolasers.

The ship shook as he pushed the engines to their maximum power setting, and they pushed to escape the planet's atmosphere. Suddenly the ride became much smoother  they were in space.

"All right, time to go." Kal said, loading up the nav coordinates he had preset. He keyed the hyperdrive, and they were gone...

Deka walked down the hallway, carefully holding steady the suitcase which he carried. He reached the door at the end of the hall, took a moment to take a deep breath, then opened it.

"Your here." A male voice reached him. The voice was cold, devoid of any emotion.

"Yeah, and I've got the stuff." He said, putting the case down on the desk behind which the man sat. Deka brushed aside a one of the gelled spikes of his black hair. "I've gotta say, I'm real dissapointed about that priority two. Was a great fight, that one. Seriously, it gets real boring there."

"I dont care about your boredom, you arent paid to have fun. Your lucky they didn't find that case in all that alcohols, or else you'd be five feet under by now."

Deka gulped, then nodded. "Well, I looked after it. I'm not elite division for nothing you know."

"I'll mark this as a sucsess on your report. Now leave me." The man said. The swordsman walked out to leave the man to himself. He punched a key on his desk, opening up a holonet direct connection.

"Gauntlet installation, There's been a change of plans. Project Bloodline's deadline is going to have to have to be reduced, we cant afford any more time." He said. He closed the connection before he got an answer, then sat back in his chair.

Soon the project'll be finished. After that, it'll be time to deal with that squad. The man thought to himself, sitting back. Soon...

"Two hundred fifty tons?" Darr-Rann exclaimed, shocked. "You didnt tell me this piece of junk could carry that much!"

Kal grinned. "What did you expect? It is a cargo freighter."

Darr-Rann shook his head. "But where am I supposed to store two hundred fifty tons of alcohol?" He asked. It appeared they had solved their booze problem a little too effectively. Then he had an idea.

Darr-Rann proceeded towards the passenger space, were the Raiders were sitting.

"Hey guys. I've got some news for you. We're getting a new place."

And it was at that moment, the decision to buy Raiders manor was made.

Great work guys! The new story will be out tomorrow  I want to see as much posting there as I have here. Congratulations on a story well done.

MISSION COMPLETE

-----------------------
Raiders
SENIOR SERGEANT
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders: "The Raid"  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:29:02 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 89  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >