Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  386
Total Posts:  1091
  RE: A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
January 2, 2007 8:55:57 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Raiders
"Leon, why'd you kill him? He was begging for mercy, he gave up. Why'd you do that?"
Asked Squall, seeming a bit disturbed by Leon's last action.

"Because... I'm supposed to. Isn't that what a soldier does? Kill people?"

"Yea but he was asking for mercy."

"Mercy?" Leon asked, a puzzled look coming across his face.

"Never mind," Squall said with a sigh, and then turning to Aphamos. "So what now Aph? Do we hold position?"

"Yea, we have to hold off here until Darr and Aeos get back. I want you, Preditor and Rayden to stay here and keep on the look out for Darr and Aeos. Leon, Rogue, and I are gonna scout up ahead, and see what they have in store for us. I doubt it will be to bad."

Aphamos started walking to the front entrance of the mess hall, all the while stepping over dead bodies and picking up a grenade or two and some ammo. Leon and Rogue followed suit.

"So Leon, how you holding up, have you regained any memory?" Asked Rogue.

Leon stayed quiet for a moment before answering. "No, none at all," said Leon while staring at the ground. "Can you tell me what I was like? You know, back before this?"

Rogue stared at Leon for a moment, trying to remember the few good times they had together. "Well, I first met you on a mission, an under cover mission at the Galactic games, which was this huge competition where citizens from all over the galaxy met up to compete in dangerous competitions. You were pretty fun to hang out with, a bit blood thirsty in battle, but other then that you were cool. You then left for some reason, I didn't find out why, but it was fun working with you while it lasted." Rogue stared at the ground, he couldn't bear to look the young trooper in the face, he felt so bad, he new Leon hadn't deserved what had happened to him.

"Ah... I see," said Leon turning his gaze away from Rogue and focusing up ahead. "Do you know anything about my fa-" Leon was quickly cut off by a blaster bolt that had barely missed his head.

"Damnit, we got multiple contacts up ahead, commandos. We gotta head back to the mess hall now!" Said Aphamos while firing a couple of shots and then running back to Leon and Rogue.

Leon held his ground, not sighting the troopers just yet. He was looking for the familiar white armor of troopers, but instead saw figures clad in black, and quickly moving towards the trio.

"Leon move now!" Screamed Rogue, tugging Leon by the arm.

As Leon ran, he thought about his new adversaries, and whether he would be able to kill them.

-----------------------
Raiders
May god have mercy upon my enemies, for I will show none.
TRP/LCP Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited January 2, 2007 8:56:48 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  213
Total Posts:  2382
January 3, 2007 11:41:17 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Typex stopped short causing the his squad mates to bump into each other as they couldn't see to far ahead, "You guys smell something?"

Riqimo took a sniff, "Yeah smells like smoke... but where is it coming from?"

Jag took a few whiffs and took Typex's datapad, "It's coming from over here."

The squad followed Jag cautiously,  ready to shoot anything that threatened them.  After about ten meters, Jag called out,  "Nothing to worry about, the tunnel here seems to be collapsing a bit and it just caused an electrical box to start smoking."

"Can you stop it from smoking?" Riqimo asked.

"No, sorry, it looks pretty bad."

Riqimo sighed, "Well, we are lucky that these helmets have filters that will protect us, but we should keep moving, I don't want to test the efficiency of these filters, especially after all that we went through, I amazed that we still have a working armor unit."

Garet nodded, "Keep moving, Doc is right, let's leave the testing to the engineers."

Handing the datapad back to Typex, Jag took up his position as the rear guard of the squad's line with Riqimo.

"Left here, keep going strait... left again guys," Typex kept calling out the directions to prevent any troopers from making a wrong turn.

Turning a corner a little too soon, Riqimo walking into a wall and fell backwards.  "Ow!" he called out as his back fell on something hard.  Riqimo thought he heard a snap but wasn't sure.

The squad quickly turned around and clustered around Riqimo.

"Doc, you okay?" Garet asked as he kneeled over.

"Uh, yeah, help me up, something is digging into my back."

Jag and RK lifted Riqimo off his back into a sitting position.  Riqimo now realized what the snap was, he had fallen on top of his arm that he threw out the break the fall.

"Uhh," Riqimo winced in pain, "I broke my left arm at the radius, I can't splint it, one of you needs to"

The squad mates glanced at each other, unsure of what to do.

"Don't worry, I can guide you through it, it is easy just find something to splint it with first.  As the squad rummaged throught heir kits trying to find something, Riqimo looked around at his surroundings.  Wow, this tunnel seems pretty with the datapad's faint glow, I can almost see my reflection on the wall.  Geez, I look worse than I thought.

"Doc, this will work?" Jelly asked, holding up his vibroblade.

Riqimo gave a quick glance and shook his head, "No I am not risking that."

As the squad went back to searching Riq continued his observations of the tunnel.  Remebering the sharp pain that was at his back, he looked behind himself and saw a rather small rock about half the size of his clentched fist.  Now that explains that pain, its rather pretty...  Riqimo reached out with his right hand and was surprised at how light the rock seemed.  A little souvenir for me, a little something to remind me of my first mission, Riqimo told himself as he stashed it in his med kit, And a reminder of this blasted pain!

"Here doc," Phenix awoke Riq from his thoughts, "This piece of metal was near a toox box nearby, it is very light, will it work?"

Riqimo took it in his good hand and tested it's weight, "Well it is a little short, but I can't be picky can I?  So, who wants to wrap me up?"

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad

TRP/LCP Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Imperial Baronet

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  745
Total Posts:  2089
January 3, 2007 12:04:20 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue ran as fast as he could but his lungs hurt with each step, he simply wasn't capable of maintaining this sprint for long, Rogue vowed to quit smoking if he ever made it off this planet alive. Leon passed Rogue and was following Aphamos, Thrawn's forces were closing in on Rogue who had perhaps ten seconds to live if decent cover didn't present itself. The corridor was fairly wide but with no cover, pipes ran along the side.

Rogue noticed a hatch on the left side of the corridor, Rogue switched his comlink to squad. "Guys, I'm not going to be able to outrun these bastards, I see a maintenance hatch I'm going to take cover in there and see if I could seal it. May the Force be with you, Rogue out."

Rogue dropped to his knees and tried to slide the rest of the way to the hatch, it worked but when he fell through his right abdomen grazed the edge of the hatch as he slid down. Rogue quickly pressed the close button on the panel in the hatch, Rogue pulled out his sidearm and reversed it and smashed the panel with the grip of his pistol. Rogue turned around to survey his surroundings and found that it was to dark to see anything, Rogue glanced to his sides for a switch of some sort all he saw was the smashed panel.

Rogue cursed at himself for being such a fool. Loud clanging above Rogue told him that the enemy had passed over him, just than a loud chirp sounded from the inky blackness that was Rogue's cover causing him to jump and bring his rifle to port. Rogue began sweating as pictures of what the creature could be appeared in his mind. Rancor? Rogue looked at the height and saw that it was hardly over two meters and the probability of a rancor whistling put Rogue more at ease, what animal whistles and is at most two meters tall? And could survive on this planet? Gorgodons? Unlikely. Rogue began putting one foot in front of the other and hoped whatever it was would at least give him the courtesy of killing it.

Rogue saw a distant red light up ahead and realized that it was a holocam tracking his every movement, he ignored it; with the base in such disarray who would be monitoring it? I guess I will find out soon. Rogue continued walking slowly but even so he walked into what felt like a crate and toppled over it. Rogue cursed at himself for the second time in a span of two minutes and quickly stood up, a blue sensor light lit up from what Rogue thought was the corner of the room and began sweeping the area, it stopped on Rogue and the blue light turned to red.

The lights turned on and Rogue found out what his "creature" was, it was an astromech connected into a scomp link that was on the side of a terminal. Rogue eased up slowly, while it was a hostile astromech and it did have a minor shocking tool, it could prove useful. Rogue went close to the astromech with his hands up to show that he meant it no harm he read the droid's manufacture number; it was a R2-R series, which meant it was ideally made for piloting starfighters.

The droid didn't shock Rogue so he thought that it was a good sign. "Hey little R2, what's your name?"

there was a small series of clicks and beeps but a text appeared on the terminal; "Hi, my name is Patch and I'm a janitor droid." Rogue shuddered at the misuse of such valuable equipment. "Well Patch, what can you tell me about this facility?"

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  388
January 3, 2007 2:22:58 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Raiders
Leon and Aphamos had finally arrived in the over turned Mess Hall. "Everyone, find cover quick, we got six commandos on the way here right now, MOVE!" Shouted Aphamos while quickly running to cover. Leon followed and ducked behind the same over turned table as Aphamos.

"Where is Rogue?" Asked Leon while popping his head out the top of the bunker.

"Damnit get you're head down Leon, and I don't know. Don't worry though, he's probably ok." Aphamos replied calmly.

"Alright Aph, so do you got a plan?" Squall said, jumping into the conversation.

"Yea, it's gonna be kind of risky though. Alright, so I want Leon, Squall, and Rayden to spread some cover fire, while there distracted by you three, Preditor and I will find a way to get behind them, you all understand?"

"Yup, just don't take to long; I don't know how long we can distract them for."

"Alright good, now get ready, there just about here."

Leon peeped out the side of the table, staring off into the dark corridor. Bodies were scattered everywhere, not a thing moved. The only sound Leon could hear was his breath, and even that was too loud. For some reason Leon felt out of place, and as if he were sticking out like a sore thumb. He didn't like that feeling.

Sighting a dead trooper not to far from him, Leon pulled the body close to him. Leon then leaned the trooper on the edge of the table, and watched as the dead troopers head lolled to the side. There was a small gap between the troopers lower back and the table, which was big enough for Leon to stick his head and rifle through.

"I see you've found a nice little hiding spot my friend," said Squall while chuckling.

"Yea it is, I don't think they'll be able to see me," said Leon in total seriousness.

"I was being sarcastic, never mind," finished Squall with a sigh.

Leon turned his attention back to the corridor up ahead. For a while nothing happened, and then Leon saw them. They were sticking close to the walls, blending in perfectly. Leon saw the silhouette of a rifle point up towards the ceiling. Leon's eyes followed the rifles aim, and saw that it was pointing towards one of the lights. They were going to blind the Raiders. Instinctively, Leon got up from his cover, ignoring his squad mates complaints and fired. The corridor lit up for a second, showing the six black clad troopers, Leon's shot just barely missing.

"Damnit there here! Open fire!" Shouted Squall.

The Mess hall was now a blazing inferno of blaster bolts. The commandos were quick and soon found cover. It was hard to suppress fire, being they had more troopers, and were also quite good at keeping Leon's head down. Looking to the right, Leon managed to see a quick glimpse of Preditors tail, and then it vanished behind another table.

"Damnit, these guys are tough!" Shouted Rayden over all the noise.

Leon was about to stick his head over the top of the bunker, but was cut off by a blaster shot that had flew over his head. Leon turned around and saw two troopers, and then a familiar voice came over the comm.

"Looks like you guys could use some help," said Darr-Rann over the intercom.

For some reason, Leon smiled, forgetting about the situation, but it quickly went away, and he dived back into the fray.

-----------------------
Raiders
And so we go.
Tnepres
ComNet Cadet

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  256
Total Posts:  585
January 3, 2007 4:17:44 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Wraiths rounded up the officers, blasters and pistols at hand in case anyone tried something sneaky.  The officers grimaced as they were moved into a group save Vaynus, who still had an angry look on his face.  Arnaut kept his eyes on the officers as he made an order.  "Alright!  We're still missing Fro-ja, find him, he was somewhere in this room.  Yoder, Yillis and Draken, help me make sure these officers don't move."  The squad nodded, four of them moving to surround the officers, Talstorin, Snipes and Leth searched the room.  The three branched out and began to search closets, behind doors and in the drawers.  Leth opened drawer and peeked in. 

"Nope, not here," said the trooper as he closed it again.  Snipes smiled as he heard Leth and opened a closet door.  Nothing.  Talstorin looked behind anything that could have been used for cover, also to no avail.  Suddenly, he got an idea.  Snipes closed the door.  Where could that worm be?

The officers shifted around uncomfortably.  Suddenly, one looked at the Wraiths and backed into the background.  He moved his feet to a pistol on the ground and kicked it up.  He grinned, proud of himself, as he caught it.  Bringing the pistol up, the officer readied the gun and fell backwards hard.  His head fell back, hitting the monitor of a security central commands with a thud.  A hole was on his forehead, leaking out blood and white goo.  Melted brains, a delicacy.  Yillis smiled.  "Wups, my finger slipped," he said sarcastically, putting away his blaster again, the tip still slightly smoking.  "Let that be a lesson to all of you."  The officers angrily glared at the assistant squad leader. 

Talstorin turned on his Verdicator scanner.  He played around with the controls and set it for rodian.  Holding it up, he stared, the scanner soon locked on to a target.  He looked closer to read what it said, only to jump back seconds later.  He dropped the scanner just as a blaster bolt hit it dead on the screen.  The scanner fell to the ground melted.  Talstorin groaned, another 2,000 ICs gone.  The Wraiths stared up to find Fro ja standing on a high shelf.  He had been above them the whole time.  The squad drew their blasters, shooting at the rodian.  Fro-ja leaped down acrobatically, landing right behind Arnaut as he avoided the shots at him.  He quickly grabbed Arnaut from the back, holding his blaster to the squad leader's head.  The Rodian spoke.

Minutes later, the squad members looked at eachother.  "What?" asked Yoder.  The rest shrugged, not one of them understood the language the Rodian had spoken in.  Vaynus sighed in fustration.

"He said, let the officers go, drop your arms and line up or you're leader gets shot," translated Vaynus.  The squad looked at each other once more and relunctantly did what they were told.  Vaynus laughed, back in power.  The officers left the room, Fro-ja left last, holding Arnaut tightly.  Vaynus grinned as he spoke again.  "Don't worry, we're not leaving you guys behind.  The TIE bombers will come back to finish you."  The man cackled and left, slamming the door.  Leth approached it, attempting to open it.  It was locked.

Leth turned back confused.  "I could've swore I blew that door up."  The squad groaned and each took turns trying to get the door open.  They suddenly stopped when they heard an explosion outside. 

"That's the TIEs coming to blow the stuffings out of us, I assume."  Yoder spoke in a tone that was void of energy.  Yillis shook his head. 

"No.  That explosion was way too small to be from a bomber."  Yillis looked around with some hope.  The door bursted open, hitting Talstorin flat in the face.  The trooper fell back, getting back up seconds later, shaking his head.  Arnaut ran in, ducking for cover as blaster shots came through the door.  The squad ducked before returning fire. 

The officers were put down quickly, leaving only Vaynus and Fro-ja.  The two looked at each other, knowing they were cornered.  Vaynus put a gun to his head.  "Heh, come closer and I'll suicide.  That'll make your capture mission so much harder, wouldn't it?"  The squad stopped, groaning.  The officer was slippery.  They were just short of capturing him so many times already.  "Heh, that's what I-."  The officer was interrupted by Snipes' fist.  The man fell back, knocked out cold.  Fro-ja ran immediately, only to be hit in the foot with a blaster shot.  He fell in pain.  Draken grinned as he nailed his shot.  Arnaut nodded to the rest of his squad.

"Alright.  Get them and let's hurry out.  We've got to beat the clock.  If we stay too long, bombers will blow us to high heavens."  The squad ran quickly, Leth picked up Vaynus, Talstorin picked up Fro-ja.  Arnaut ran at the front, smiling to himself.  They had finally got the two.  Fro-ja squirmed and swung at Talstorin weakly, only to be answered with a quick knock to the head.  The rodian fell limp, unconscious.  The squad ran for the door, triumphant.  Leaving a mess behind, they stepped into daylight again.  Talstorin smiled as he walked through the snow.  At last they were done.  But then again Wraiths always got the job done.  It was whether if they got it done fast, or faster.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  2881
Total Posts:  3940
January 3, 2007 9:38:37 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 

Snipes was in the lead, a decent E-11 in his hand, recovered from a body. The complex was fairly simple, and it only took a matter of minutes for the group to march down the hall ways, eliminating any life forms they came across. The Wraiths had their prize, now to the shuttles. Thinking about it grabbing these two was almost as piratical as many things they'd done. Snipes popped into the turbo-lift, allowed to stand and think for a second. A minute might of went by and they were at the bottom of the command center again, they burst out of the turbo lift, Snipes and Arnaut laying down a spray of fire, incase anything still lived. Then they were running again.

The squad had to stop and pause for a moment to consider what to do with the captives, they'd probably freeze to death outside, they had little in the way of protective clothing. Snipes broke into a few rooms before finding a rug and a blanket that seemed suitable for wrapping them in. The fluffy red shag rug was wrapped around Vaynus, and then onto Tnepres back the naval officer went. Snipes irreverently wrapped the rodian in the blanket and threw the alien over his shoulder. Taking no special care to see that he wasn't hurt.

The squad took off again, this time into the snow and angry blizzard outside. The squad could almost feel the pressure of time on their shoulders, Snipes had to fall back again and struggle to keep up, the gunnery sergeant was a strong man, but he was beginning to get tired. The cold especially sapped him of his will and it took all he had to keep up. His mind wandered around, unable to concentrate because of the strain the cold was putting on him. It wandered over pleasant memories and unpleasant ones, over the mission, his choice of alcohol, his favorite song, and finally it rested on how much he hated the alien on his shoulders. He wasn't sure exactly what it was that pissed him off so much, but he didn't really care either.

By this time the squad had reached the breach in the wall they had come in through and the sounds of battle were all around them. They did the best they could to avoid any shapes in the blizzard though, not knowing weather they were friend or foe.

The snow had covered the squad's swoops well, and it took the group several numbing minutes to find them and get them dug up enough to turn them on and melt the snow around them.  Snipes studied his swoop for a few minutes, trying to figure out how to carry the burdensome alien. Snipes kept looking between the freezing alien his idling swoop. Then he had a plan.

Pulling a length of tow cable out of an emergency box on the swoop Snipes smiled behind his helmet. He picked the rodian up and sat him behind the seat, on the engine. Snipes then lashed him there with the tow cable, there was no way the rodian could get off, and there was also very little chance he would freeze to death, he might get a little charred around the butt and back, but that was only a bonus in Snipes eyes.

Snipes looked around him, and then his eye, with everyone else's, settled on Arnaut. Arnaut looked around himself, almost said something when he saw Snipes setup, then shook his head and gave them the order to go. Snipes hit his accelerator hard and in seconds he was nearing the top speed of his bike.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  284
Total Posts:  439
January 4, 2007 7:48:02 AM    View the profile of jag fel 

When no one was willing to volunteer Jag took off his helmet and said, "Well I suppose I can try. Just if I make it worse it's your fault for falling over."

The squad had a little laugh at that, but from Riqimo's body language he wasn't laughing. Jag took the piece of metal from Phenix and when Riqimo said, "Ready?" Jag nodded.

"All right then, RK get the bandages out of my med kit, and someone help me take off my armour&" Garet and Phenix took off the plates of plastoid armour and fabric to reveal a misshapen arm that looked like it belonged in some holovid that Riqimo must of seen going through SPEC training.

"All right now gently attach the splint to my arm," Riqimo- now his helmet was off he had a look of pain on his face as Jag done his best to push the piece of metal up against his arm. RK handed him thee bandages and with RK's help Jag managed to get the splint firmly intact.

"How's that?"

Riqimo looked up at Jag and said, "Promise me if you decide to do a different SPEC you never chose to be a medic, OK?"

Everyone laughed at that and with Jelly Bean's help Riqimo got up and got back into full armour, "God my arm is killing me under this armour."

"Don't worry it shouldn't be long before we reach the garage."

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
TRP/PFC jag fel/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
"Say hello to my little friend" Tony Montana
"Im going to make him an offer he cant refuse"
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Godfather
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited January 4, 2007 7:49:19 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  215
January 4, 2007 1:34:17 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Having his arm splinted made Riqimo feel vulnerable, he was unable to fight back as well as he would normally if they were attacked.  Due to his left arm being virtually useless, Riqimo got his carbine clipped to his belt and welded his blaster pistol in his right.

"You want me to help carry anything Doc?" RK asked.

"No, I'm fine, it's just a little break."

RK looked at Riqimo's splinted arm and shrugged, "If you say, so.  I would hate to see what you define as a big big break"

"Gah, my arm is killing me," Riqimo muttered, not aware that he had just muttered into his comlink.

"Don't worry it shouldn't be long before we reach the garage." Typex called out from the front.

Using his good hand, Riq looked through the medical supplies in his belt pouch.  Finding a painkiller, he tried to get the needle into his arm above the splint.  Garet, seeing Riqimo's difficulty, offered to do it.

"Ah sure, here," Riqimo gave the painkiller to Garet, "Thanks, that really helps."

"No problem, let's just get you out of here in one piece."

Riqimo nodded, and picked up his pace to catch up with the rest of the squad before they disappeared around the next corner.

Typex stopped the squad as soon as Riq finally managed to catch up, "Here it is, the garage is right above us, there is a ladder there, or we can continue on to get to the stairs."

"I can't climb a ladder," Riqimo bluntly responded.

Garet started to climb up though and took a peek out the hatch.  When he came down, he gave his plan, "To the stairs because of Doc, and also there are boxes in that area that will provide cover."

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad

Imperial Baronet

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  286
January 4, 2007 3:15:57 PM    View the profile of jag fel 

The squad walked the last 40 meters to the stairs before they came to another door. Garet slowly opened it without making a sound, which looked impossible from the condition it was in.

"All right everyone stay here, expect Jag, you come with me to do a bit of Recon."

Jag followed Garet up the stairs without a word listening to Riqimo cursing about the pain in his arm. When they reached the last door it slide open on its mechanism. Well at least they wont here us coming if we keep this up

They cautiously looked around the hangar bay, as far as Jag could tell there were only tech guys checking the speeders to make sure they wouldn't break down in the heat of battle. Garet ran towards the boxes  Jag not far behind  and managed to make it to the cover for the boxes.

Jag whispered to Garet without the helmet com, "Why don't we just take them out quietly. There only techies after all."

"I'm more concerned about what's behind that door at the fa-" Garet stopped himself in mid-sentence as six troopers came out of the door  each in different states of putting on their armour.

Jag couldn't help but say over the squad channel, "Maybe we should just attack them now. We'd have a better chance now then we would when their in the full armour."

"All right Eclipse run up those stairs and just pick everyone off with your blasters."

There was a chorus of "Yessir" as the squad complied. Garet and Jag clutched there weapons and once the first shots from eclipse had been fired as they ran to Garet and Jag's position. Garet was giving cover fire with his shottie as Jag was taking aimed shot and managed to kill one trooper with a shot to an exposed torso as Garet managed to kill another one.

When the whole squad had good cover it wasn't long before they were all killed. When eclipse checked on all of them. When they were sure they were all dead Garet said, "All right find troops pick a vehicle."

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
Riqimo
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  218
January 4, 2007 7:16:14 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Riqimo heard Garet's go-code but stayed back because he would probably just get in the way.  Wincing as he made his way up the stairs, Riq was glad when he reached the door at the top.  Looking in the hangar, Riq saw the squad searching for a vehicle that could get them all to the extraction point through the blizzard.

Riqimo decided that he was not in the best shape to walk around and proped himself against a metal surface, watching his squadmates.  Jag was clustering enemy speeders together and forming a daisy chain of grenades, apparently to make a chase difficult for any Thrawn force.  Gazing over to Garet and Phenix, he noticed them casually browsing the treaded vehicles along the far wall.  Jelly followed, eagerly pointing out his favorites and talking all about them to RK, who just shrugged.

Riqimo turned back to Jag, who was now carefully backing away, keeping his daisy chain string taunt, when he reached a good distance away, the string fell loose and Riqimo watched the speeders explode into flames.  An icicle fell to Riq's right causing him to look up and see the icicles falling from the ceiling all over the garage.

The squad ran over, and Garet shouted, "Jag I told you to wait! now the whole base knows the garage is under attack!"

Jag quickly apologized, but Garet shrugged it off, "Fine, it's done now."  Looking around Garet pointed towards Riqimo, "There! Jag, you are driving."

Turning around, Riq saw that he was leaning against an AA-4 Mega Hauler.  It didn't have any weapons, but it seemed pretty fast and being a repulsorlift, it probably was the best choice in their scenario.

Once inside, Riqimo was amazed at the amount of room the squad had.  Jag didn't leave much time for Riq to marval at the AA-4.  Riq quickly straped himself in with his good arm to prevent another fall and injury.  Garet was looking at the computer displays and called to Typex, "Hey I need you up here, change it so we are broadcasted as friendlies, we don't want to be shot by our own."

Typex unstrapped himself and worked his way to the front of the vehicle.

"We're lucky that the gate was rammed, we should hit it in five minutes," Jag commented, probably to himself.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad

Imperial Baronet

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  747
January 4, 2007 7:50:17 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

"Patch give me a map with all maintenance hatches and side doors and whatnot." Rogueboy watched as the little droid let out a loud happy note and began uploading programs into the terminal.

Rogue used his datapad to update the map that was given to him from Darr at the start of the mission and noticed there were minor changes; automated guns located throughout the barracks. "Patch, can you reconfigure the automated guns to work for the Vast Empire troops?"

Patch let out a moanful wail which translated to; "No, I am not programmed to splicing."

Rogue made a mental note that if he and Patch made it out of here alive to remedy that problem. "Can you allow me a visual from all the holocams?"

Patch let out an excited beep and began turning his scomp link and over thirty images opened up revealing pieces of the base and dispositions of the enemy troops. Rogue turned on his comlink and switched it to Vast Empire frequency.

Tylen had enlisted in the Grand Admiral's army three years ago, he became a communications technician and slowly rose up through Thrawn's army up until he was assigned as the head of communications at Illum. Tylen paced up and down the rows of technicians hard at work making sure no VE splicers work their way through the security grid.

One of the technicians looked up from his terminal which immediately grabbed Tylen's attention. "What is it&" Tylen couldn't remember the man's name. "Corporal?"

The Corporal began looking at his computer. "Sir, it appears that the holocams are being watched by Patch."

Tylen paused and thought about that, certain droids have been known to be curious but any of them working for Thrawn's army have been reprogrammed to erase this defect. "Order him to desist and return to his duties."

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  291
Total Posts:  903
January 4, 2007 9:56:23 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 

The whine of the engines cracked through the silence like a whip. Through fog that remained of a winter storm, eight swoop bikes emerged, flying fast. Snow was shot into the air as the swoops flew past at tremendous speeds. As they dwindled into the distance, silence returned.

Just as it became still again, another sound was heard. Lower in pitch than the swoop bikes, the engine sound of speeder bikes was indistinguishable. Nine more bikes went shooting past, if not as fast as the swoops, still fast. White troopers held firm to each speeder, but they weren't snowtroopers. White commando armor did not reflected very little of the pale sun in the sky overhead, making the riders seem part of the snow around them.

Jastar Ard gritted his teeth, his white gauntleted hands clenched to the handles of his bike. When he'd learned of Vaynus' capture, only minutes ago, he'd rushed off the battlefield as soon as he could. The Deltas, the "Supposed Commandos", had been compromised already, it seemed. That made Jastar's teeth clench harder. His squad, the real commandos in Vaynus' Empire, worked in the shadows. The Deltas were poster-boys, not even knowing that they themselves weren't the real special operations force. Omega squad was a secret only known by Vaynus himself.

They never should have agreed to letting the mock commandos guard Vaynus. While his squad role in the battlefield had been helpful, taking out enemy squads with tactical precision, unbeknownst to the enemy, it had gone unrewarded. Vaynus' troops were in full retreat, already making a less then perfect withdrawal, despite the squad's best efforts to rally the troops. They were going to get Vaynus back if it was the last thing they did. Keeping him out of enemy hands ensured the somewhat survival of his Empire.

Jastar raised an unclenched fist in the air followed by putting up his first two fingers into the air. The squad got the signal and spread out into a 'V' shaped formation. A dozen faint clicks could be heard as safeties were turned off. Silenced autopistols, A280 armor piercing rifles with sound dampers, standard issue combat knives...they were the epitome of stealth fighting.

With a closed fist held into the air, Jastar stopped the squad.  The bikes gave out one last groan as the engines were killed and the squad disembarked into the snow. In the clearing ahead, eight swoops were parked around two Imperial shuttles. Pistols were raised. They had found their quarry, the only problem now was getting him out in one piece.

Arnaut stepped off of his bike, surveying their shuttle. It appeared to have survived while they were away in good condition. Then again, most of the fighting hadn't even taken place anywhere near where they were parked. Slowly he trudged through the snow to their shuttle and knocked on the side. With a groan, the doors opened wide revealing the bland interiors.

Behind him he heard a thud in the snow, as if someone had fell face first down. Which happened to be exactly correct. Arnaut half turned to see Tnepres starting to crawl back up from the snow, his upper arm armor scorched and melted from a laser blast. Arnaut barely had time to scream "DOWN!" before the laser bursts were flying among them, yet for some reason not making a sound. That didn't mean they weren't still deadly.

Arnaut pulled out his carbine and fired back from where the silent shots were coming from. Around him the squad was doing the same except for Yillis dragging the two prisoners slowly toward the shuttle. Arnaut could barely see his attackers, just dim outlines in the foggy haze in front of him. He continued to fire anyway. Two blasts exploded the snow right next to Arnaut's helmet and he decided it was no longer safe to lie prone on the ground.

Jumping up quickly, he sprinted over to the shuttle, fire blasting the air in his wake. Just as he ducked behind cover, a dozen simultaneous blasts melted the on the corner of the shuttle. If he had been just a split second slower...he shuddered at the thought.

A grenade exploded, snow shooting into the air. Arnaut saw Yillis' limp body streak across the space between the two shuttle before colliding with the ground.  Fro-Ja and Vaynus were nowhere to be seen.

Arnaut cursed, and fired off a few more blasts. Troopers were coming into the open now, but they were still hard to make out from the snow around them. A piercing whine suddenly could be heard, but Arnaut didn't pay attention to it, his focus on shooting. Without warning, one of the enemy troopers was knocked to the ground by a speeding brown blur. His hands went to his ruined throat, blood leaking onto the snow.

Arnaut looked around quickly. What the... His unfinished question was soon answered. Yelling widely, Snipes was careening in circles around the shuttles on his swoop, speeding by at top speed. Arnaut chuckled to himself. Despite the situation, it was funny. The enemies didn't seem to see Arnaut's way, though.

With a careful shot, the swoop and Snipes went down, trailing smoke. But the opportunity by drawing the enemies attention away was more than enough for Tnepres to lob in a grenade toward the enemy squad.

"To the shuttle!" Arnaut bellowed. Kanderin dragged the prisoners out of the snow where they had been lying and ran toward the shuttle just as the grenade exploded. Yillis and a badly limping Snipes were not far behind the rest of the squad. From the smoke, enemy troopers started to emerge, but the shuttle doors were already closing.

Fro-Ja's watery, insectoid eyes regarded Arnaut for a second before he turned to stare at the wall, allowing himself to be tied up. Vaynus was muttering to himself, eyes closed and barely seemed to notice the rope going around his arms. Arnaut, weary, flopped himself on the bench and removed his helmet. Finally over... he thought happily.

Getting the comm equipment from the shuttle, he signaled to the High command that they had recovered the prisoners and were exiting the planet's surface.

Jastar peeled off his helmet and threw it to the ground in disgust. Five years of his life wasted. And those...those bastards had killed Jall before they left too. Jastar stared at Jall's crumpled body but quickly averted his eyes when he saw Jall's throat.

The squad gathered around him, eyes weary and grim. They looked to him expectantly, maybe waiting for one of his speeches he was so well known for. He had nothing, though.

"Back to our mercenary days, I guess," He said reluctantly looking at the remaining imperial shuttle, and the squad nodded in agreement.

As they boarded, he looked up in the sky where the other shuttle had disappeared through the clouds. Someday he would get revenge for Jall. Someday...

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/LCP Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 4, 2007 9:56:51 PM)]
jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  288
January 5, 2007 6:23:50 AM    View the profile of jag fel 

Jag jumped in to the pilot's seat, adrenaline coursing through his veins at any pain that might still be left in his shoulder. The activation was security activated but it looked like one of the techs was sorting out the repulsors.

"Ow!" He shouted as a small shock came through his glove as he was touching two wires together. "There everybody strap in!"

H put the repulsors to full power- only about a meter and a half in the end- and threw the thing into a speed o about two- hundred kilometres. They came out through the open doors of the garage, where Jag immediately found his bearings and headed towards the comm tower. "Good thing we did ram that gate." Jag whispered to himself.

The vehicle was speeding along the snow at a steady pace making good progress. Jag said, "All right, listen up! Where gonna be going through the main parts of the battle, cause it's he only route I can take this thing! So hopefully we wont hit anything but hold on, we could end up crashing!"

When they were passing the com tower the vehicle started shaking. Jag checked the status boards and saw a console like a Christmas tree. More red lights then green.

"Uh sir the power to the repulsors is malfunctioning. We wont make it to the rendezvous point with this. We will just about make it past the gate and after that were gonna have to walk."

"All right team!" Garet shouted get ready for a little walk!"

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]

Riqimo
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  220
January 5, 2007 11:05:32 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Riqimo groaned, he was going to have to trek about two kilometers while keeping away from the main force of the battle and at the same time having to deal with the growing pain of his broken arm.

"If I die, I hope I go to hell, at least it is warm there," Riqi muttered, trying to ignore the cold seeping in through the breaks on his armor.

"Ah, you'll live," Jelly said as he got out of the vehicle, "Although when we get back to the barracks, I am turning the heat on full blast."

Jag was the last one out, "I can get some humidifiers and we can turn the barracks into a sauna."  The squad laughed, and Riqimo was starting to feel a little warmer at just the thought of it.

"Okay boys, we have a long trek ahead of us," Garet cut in, "We are lucky that the blizzard really hasn't kicked off yet, but it could come anytime soon, so we have to keep moving."

Riqimo's brief feeling of warmth disappeared instantly as he started to follow his squad.  Taking one last glance at the AA-4, Riq started jogging.  He had little hope that someone would come by and give them a lift.  Sounds of battle could be heard far off to their right, but Eclipse stayed clear.

The sun was starting to set, and Riqimo could not believe that their raid had begun just that morning.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad

Imperial Baronet

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  749
January 5, 2007 11:54:08 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

All of a sudden Patch disconnected himself from the scomp link and was about to tread away when Rogue asked. "Patch, where are you going?"

Patch made a few beeps, never stopping. Rogue interpreted it as he was given a new assignment. "Patch, your not going anywhere."

Rogue switched his comlink to chat. "Preditor come to my position, I'm in a maintenance hatch and need some heavy lifting."

In the meantime to delay Patch, Rogue stepped in front of it and when it turned to go from a different angle he would step in front of it again. Rogue really wished he had a restraining bolt on him; speaking of which he noticed one located on Patch. Rogue sighed as he wished he was technically inclined enough to know how to remove it without shorting Patch out.

The maintenance hatch opened, Rogue pointed his blaster rifle at the opening; Preditor's head showed itself. "You called for this one?"

Rogue felt relieved at Preditor's timely arrival. "Thank the Force it's you, we're stealing this droid."

Immediately Patch let out a series of angry beeps and squeaks and pulled out its shocking arm and immediately moved in to attack Rogue. Rogue stepped back as Patch charged, Rogue than charged with his arm out and cloths-lined Patch bringing the droid to the floor on it's side.

"Quick Preditor, grab it and prevent it from raising itself." Preditor quickly complied grabbing the little droid by the shell like head.

Rogueboy grabbed the droid from its bucket like end and together they picked it up and began carrying it up the hatch ladder. Darr came over on the comlink. "Pack it up Raiders, we grabbed Vaynus and Fro-Ja everyone get to the extraction zone. Darr out."

Preditor looked at Rogue and Rogue felt as if he was questioning the merit of stealing the droid. "We'll make it back in time." Preditor nodded his head and Rogue was pleased that the huge Barabel took on some human mannerisms, in general Rogue felt uncomfortable around non-humans because of the old Imperial feelings that humans were superior are somewhat hard to get around.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1144
Total Posts:  1587
January 5, 2007 7:58:11 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Raiders

*Earlier

"Aeos!" Darr-Rann cried out as the interrogator slammed her into the wall. The trooper fell to the floor and didn't get back up. The gruesome man let out a laugh, turning to face the squad leader.

"Your going to wish you ensured I was dead. Trust me - This is going to make the torture look appealing." He said, raising his weapons and firing a barrage in his way.  Darr-Rann rolled aside, raising his blaster and firing a set of shots at the armored man.  They scorched the heavy armor, but the weapon wasn't nearly powerful enough to harm it's target.

His gaze drifted to Aeos, who stirred slightly. She's alive! The sergeant thought, returning his eyes to his attacker. How am I going to take this guy down?

Suddenly the interrogator surged forward, pinning him against the wall. Darr-Rann struggled vainly against the mechanically enhanced strength. Suddenly he spotted something.

My gun! He thought as he saw the shoulder rest sticking out. That should be able to tear open this tin can.

His arms were pinned at his side -  He shifted his wrist and unclipped an object from his belt. He withdrew it and keyed the button at the end, flicking it past the heavy metal armor and bracing himself as best as he could in his state. The concussion grenade detonated, and he gritted his teeth as the metal-plated man pushed even heavier against him as he was thrown forward. It had done it's job though -  Disbalancing him, and Darr-Rann managed to get free. Darr-Rann rolled behind the man, then jumped up and drew out the shotgun. He kicked against the man's back and fell to the ground, raising his weapon to point at the interrogator.

"Hey bastard." He said, jumping a charge into the weapon. He fired a shot, which ate through the torso plating and burned across the man's chest. Darr-Rann got to his feet as his target fell. He walked over to the man, who lay inert in the damaged armor.

"Please..." The man said, fear in his eyes. "Please, don't..." Darr-Rann charged the weapon again.

"No mercy for torturers." He said, firing a second shot. The blast  was aimed at the interrogator's face  The sickening smell of burnt flesh grew more putrid as the energy blast melted the flesh away. Darr-Rann stood for a moment and looked down on the body, before turning away. He rushed to Aeos' side.

"My head..." The female sergeant said, slowly getting back on her feet.

"Could be worse." Darr-Rann said, nodding towards the body. "Are you oka..." Suddenly he was contacted over comlink -  His private channel with command.

"The targets have been secured, the parameters have been altered. We're getting you out of there." Rizzit's voice informed him, "They've deployed additional forces to your position. You'll be overrun shortly -  Extraction via landing craft on the roof. It's time to get out of here."

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited January 5, 2007 7:59:39 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  392
January 5, 2007 9:44:58 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Raiders
Leon looked around the over turned mess hall. The place was littered with white clad corpses, blaster burns could be seen on walls and tables. The smell of burnt flesh and blood was still fresh, making Leon and the others start to feel sick. Leon turned his gaze to the commando that lay before him; a black hole in the center of his chest could be seen, marking the spot where he had been shot. A puddle of blood surrounded the trooper now; he had been dead for some time. Leon focused on the trooper's face, something about him lighting a spark in Leon's head. The mad had soft features, not looking like a soldier at all. His hair was black, long and curly; he seemed like the type that could care less about his looks. His jaw line was not broad, but rather narrow. His eyes were still open, and Leon was hypnotized by them. He had killer eyes. Leon new it, this man had taken many lives, he could tell by his eyes. They were icy blue; different from everyone's Leon had seen. In fact, they were exactly like Leon's eyes.

Leon felt some how connected to this man, and when he killed him, he felt like he had just lost something. As if Leon had just lost someone dear to him, but he just couldn't place what it was. This man didn't deserve to die, yet Leon killed him. Leon didn't want to kill him, but he had to. Besides, if I hadn't of killed him, he would of killed me, thought Leon, trying to reassure himself. But something kept biting at Leon, trying to tell him something. Leon how ever didn't have time to worry about things like this and would save it for a later time. After shaking the feeling off, he turned to the rest of the squad.

"What are we waiting for?" Asked Leon blankly.

"Were waiting for Rogue and Preditor, they should be here any second now," replied Darr-Rann. At that same exact moment, Preditor and Rogue could be seen coming out of the corridor, and with a new friend.

"May I ask why you have an Astro-Mech with you Corporal?"

"I thought he could be of some use, you know, show us some short cuts so we can get to the LZ faster. Also a good way to possibly avoid enemy's, is it ok if we can take him?" Asked Rogue, and then realizing that Darr-Rann wasn't satisfied with the answer added "sir."

Darr-Rann sighed, taking a couple of seconds to think about it and then answered. "Alright fine, but only because he can be of some use to us, now lets get going, another wave of enemy troops are on the way here as we speak, lets get out of here ASAP."

Leon took one last look at the blue eyed commando, and then joined up with the squad.

-----------------------
Raiders
And so we go.
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  752
January 6, 2007 1:03:57 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

The squad ran as fast as they could towards the shuttle on top of the building; Darr used the map that was given to him by Rogue which in turn was given to him by Patch. The droid was snuggled in between Rogue and Preditor and was attempting to shock anybody that got close enough, but otherwise  he would shriek and try to alarm any enemy storm troopers about their position.

Darr turned to the two carriers. "Could you guys shut him up? If anyone in this base doesn't know where we are I would be surprised."

Rogue retorted. "I think the dropship was a dead giveaway." Darr gave Rogue a dirty look and Rogue added. "Sir." but made the S sound like a C and the I like a U.

Darr cracked a smile. "I think when we get back to base I will have you either strung up or flogged for your insubordination."

Rogue made a loud audible swallow sound. "Uh... you wouldn't actually do that...would you Darr?...buddy?"

Preditor let out a bray that Rogue thought passed for Barabel laughter his forked tongue coming out as he spoke. "This one thinks that he should tear you apart for idle amusement."

Rogue felt hurt that Preditor would even suggest it. "I think I should let go of this droid's treads so that it hits you in the..." Darr interrupted Rogue. "Guys, knock it off the landing pad should be through this door, pass a corridor, and up a flight of stairs."

Rogue who had perspiration literally leaking out of his armor was dismayed by the news, he was exhausted and felt as if the Force itself couldn't keep him standing straight let alone carrying this near 300 pound droid.

The only thing that kept Rogue going was the thought that they would get out of this death trap without Raiders suffering a single casualty, and while he was mad at High Command for not designating air support or giving the troopers artillery but he understood the risk on both of those. The air support would be at the mercy of Vaynus's star destroyer and Tie squadrons and the artillery squads would never make it off the planet with their speed, nor was there enough time to raise an army at that magnitude.

The logistics of it would give Rogue nightmares, the amount of provisions needed for this campaign, food, weapons, ammunition, wages, and equipment. The cost of such an enterprise would be enormous and only governments that have entire planets under taxes such as the VE would be able to provide the funds for it.

Rogue took a deep breath and waited for Darr to motion the squad to move out. Rogue only had one thing left to do; and that's to make sure his squad survives his mission intact, for some odd reason Rogue had taken an interest into the little droid named Patch. When he would arrive back to Tadath Rogue was going to have him memory wiped, restraining bolt placed, and have it reprogrammed to take care of Raider squad's needs.

OOC: Now this post length is more suitable to my normal posts

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  393
January 6, 2007 2:08:15 AM    View the profile of Leon 
Raiders
Leon ripped off his helmet, letting a blast of icy cold wind hit him in the face. It was the most refreshing thing Leon had ever felt. Leon let his rifle and helmet clatter to the ground, and walked over to the edge of the roof. A smile made its way across Leon's face, knowing that the mission was over. He wouldn't have to kill anyone, not for a while at least. He had done his job, and completed the mission. He had survived.

Leon took in a deep breath, letting the cold air run through his body, letting it cleanse his insides. It was the best feeling ever, it felt like he was flying, as if he had just awoken from a long slumber. Leon closed his eyes, letting it all sink in, he had done his job, he had survived just like Darr-Rann and Aphamos had told him to. Leon stood that way for what seemed like an eternity, his arms spread out, his chin up, and snow flakes pelting his face. A thought then crossed his mind.

Now what?

Leon opened his eyes and backed away from the edge of the roof. He turned around and looked at the strangers that stood before him. Leon did not know these people, he didn't know his family, and he didn't know what he was fighting for. Where would he go after this? How would he make a living? Many thoughts like this crossed Leon's mind. He had no one, new no one, and had no where to go. No purpose in life and nothing to fight for.

Leon looked back up at the strangers, all of them chattering excitedly. They were so happy. Leon let out a lop sided grin. Staring at these people, all of them so happy, it made Leon feel good. He new what he would do. He would stay in the army, stay with this squad, and become a strong soldier. Not only a soldier, but he would become a strong person. And his past? All Leon could hope for was that it would come back slowly.

But for now, he would stay with these people, and forge something special. This is where he belonged, and this is where he would stay.

Wow you guys, its been fun competing in this competition and I just wanna let everyone in Raiders know that you guys are the best. We worked hard, and even if we don't win, we know we went down with a fight. You guys kick ass
Faithful till the end...

-----------------------
Raiders
And so we go.

Raiders:Faithful till the end
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited January 6, 2007 2:10:19 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited January 6, 2007 2:11:24 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  754
January 6, 2007 5:30:18 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogueboy's arms felt as if they would give, the droid was heavy and his hands were sweating through his gloves and causing him to stop in order to readjust his grip. Raiders made their way through the corridor and while they wanted to run as fast as they could towards the dropship if they were not careful their victory could just as easily be meaningless.

Darr was at the head of the line carefully opening each door to make sure there were no enemies waiting for them to walk by and than shoot them from behind. Aphamos was holding down the rear of the lineup; keeping a watchful eye that nobody would get "lost". Rogue was in the middle with Preditor carrying the astromech named Patch.

Preditor seemed to have near superhuman strength as he carried Patch. "White Knight why are we taking this droid, from my planet we regard people who rely on droids as weak, they slow down the hunt."

Rogue was feeling grumpy through his exhaustion. "So next time we need to storm a base or something this little droid could disable all the automated defense, steal some maps, gather helpful intel, and with a little work we could have him carry the beer while we fight."

The last comment got the squad a chuckle, as they reached the flight of stairs at the end of the hall. Rogue groaned as he began trudging up the stairs. If this was a mission objective he would of easily handed it to one of his squad mates, but he felt that it was his responsibility to see this droid return to Tadath in one piece, even if it is for selfish reasons.

The squad reached the top of the stairs and saw that the dropship was waiting at the top, Raiders squad let out a cheer. Preditor got so excited that he raised a fist into the air and pumped it, unfortunately he let go of Patch and the droid came crashing down on Rogue's foot who in turn let go of the droid's legs.

Rogue hopped around in pain. "You over sized lizard." Rogue fell over sideways and brought his foot up for inspection. "Darr, I think it's broken."

Darr looked around surprised. "You sure? Which part?"

Rogue had a pained expression under his helmet and through gritted teeth said. "I'm not sure, I can't see through my boot but I think its a few toes."

Darr shrugged. "Nothing we can do about it here, Leon help Preditor carry Patch into the dropship, I'm going to help Rogue get on board, we'll take a look at your toes as soon as possible."

Darr helped Rogue stand up and put Rogue's arm over his shoulder, together they limped towards the dropship.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1146
Total Posts:  1587
January 6, 2007 9:33:43 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
RAIDERS

As the raiders neared the boarding craft, the sound of blaster fire tore through the air. Darr-Rann whirled around to see enemy stormtroopers entering the roof, surging towards them. "Run for the dropship!" He said. The Raiders broke out into a sprint, heading towards the landing craft's open hatch.

Darr-Rann and Rogueboy were in behind, hindered by the later's injury. He saw preditor scramble up onto the ship, the droid still in his arms. Aphamos hung back for a moment, but the squad leader screamed for him to move ahead.

"Come on Rogue, we've got to keep moving." Darr-Rann said. Rogueboy simply nodded -  Darr-Rann was impressed at how well he was moving so quickly on his injured foot. Blaster fire pinged around them, and they could hear the sound of footsteps as the enemy rushed towards them. The others had already borded, but the ship was still waiting for them.

Suddenly Aeos appeared in the hatch, a rocket launcher resting on her shoulder. The sergeant took a moment to sight a target, then fired a missile in the direction of the enemy troopers. The attackers scattered as the projectile exploded, killing those who werent fast enough to evade.

Darr-Rann and Rogueboy managed to scramble up the hatch, then the squad leader slammed the close button. He ran down towards the pilot seat. "Everyone's aboard, hit the engines!"

The ship lurched as it took off, lifting off the ground then flying forward and up, accellerating away from the planet. Darr-Rann gave a sign of relief and sat down in one of the passenger chairs.

"We did it." Aeos said, walking over to him. Darr-Rann nodded.

"Thanks for the support there. For a second I thought the bastards were going to get us."

"It was lucky this ship had some heavy weaponry stashed aboard." Aeos replied. Darr-Rann gave a slight nod, starring out the window. It had been a short mission, but a bloody one.

How many more times do we have left before our luck runs out? Darr-Rann thought. Many of their enemy had died in the confrontations -  All skilled fighters. Just as easily, Raiders could have died in a similar situation. Darr-Rann shook his head. It didn't matter -  They were alive today, that's what mattered.

"Alright." He said, getting up, "Who's up for a game of Sabaac?"

RAIDERS: MISSION COMPLETE

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited January 7, 2007 10:55:39 AM)]
Aeos
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1291
Total Posts:  3141
January 7, 2007 5:39:59 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
Raiders
Thought, I'll ad in a possibe last post from my side, if thats oki. Raiders rule!

"Take a look at Rogue's foot first Dee,"
"Nah, I'll be fine," Rogue managed to say,
"Sit, Sergeant, you as well," ordered a sharp voice crisply. A tall woman appeared in their midst. It was female medic, her stern expression had everyone seated in a flash. As she inspected them, Aeos studied her intensely. She was well on  her way to her forties though she carried her years good. Mousy brown hair, but bright and serious green eyes gazed from from underneath her frown.
"You, go sit there. Memory loss equals concussions as well," she threw a thumb over her shoulder as to where to Leon should take a seat.
The trooper was about to protest, but hesitated when the medic quirked an eyebrow at him daring him to protest. Admitting defeat, he did as ordered. Darr-Rann was next. His male ego remained in tact as she prodded him on various sprained, broken and wounded injuries, never receiving a grunt or jump of pain.
"You, over there, with him,"
Darr-Rann let a shaky laugh escape his mouth.

"What? Its not even that serious, how co-" Darr-Rann was interrupted by a sharp cough, and stern glare this time sent by Aeos. She shook her head furiously. He sighed and rolled his eyes and stood up.
Aeos chuckled but was cut short by the medic,
"Your turn will be soon Miss,"
Reddening as the squad chuckled in return Aeos resigned her self to silence and dropped her head to the side. Vibrations stirred through the ship indicating its' leave from the hellhole planet.
"I'll stick us for the first round at a Cantina as soon as we get to one, I'm dying for a good drink, and game, " she muttered yawning.
"Hear, hear!" exclaimed Rogue  grinning and tried to poke his head out from underneath the medic's prying fingers.
Aeos kept her laughter to herself, allowing her body to relax and enjoy the relief. Finally losing her battle against the fatigue, she lost her self in semi-consciousness, on her way to a deep sleep.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT_Aeos/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][ES2C][CoR]
'Raiders' Wiki Page'
CGEMPIRE
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 7, 2007 5:40:36 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  295
January 7, 2007 3:32:35 PM    View the profile of jag fel 

Walking through the snow was bringing a lot of fatigue to the soldiers. Jag couldn't resist asking, "So how far until the rendezvous point?"

"Just a few more kilometres." Phenix replied.

They carried on walking for another few minutes before a loud roaring came and out of a flurry of snow a big blur came from behind lunging for the squad. They all dived for the ground just in time as the Gorgodon charged past and turning around to have blaster fire erupt from the squad.

The gorgodon appeared not to notice the blasters hit his layers of muscle and fat. Jag reaching for his pistol found it wasn't there! Fierfek . He cursed. As the beast was getting ready to charge the squad again Jag shouted  even though he was using the com  "Jelly Pass me your vibrosword!"

Jelly looked over and tossed the vibrosword. Jag just managed to catch it by the hilt as the gorgodon was charging again. As it lunged for Riqimo  narrowly missing Jag in the process  he jumped for the gorgodon trying to plunge the blade into its spine. Just missing Jag managed to keep hold of the blade with it stuck in the beasts arm.

As Jag was trying to get the blade out, the gorgodon reached over and grabbed Jag. As he was in the gorgodon's grip he could see the three rows of sharp teeth with salaiva pouring out onto his armour. From what Jag could tell the squad was now reluctant to fire in case they hit Jag.

Jag was now getting desperate so he was trying his best to get out of its grasp, but he couldn't move his legs because the salaiva had now drenched his armour there. Jag had a cold feeling in the pit of his stomach. "Will someone kill this kriffing thing I cant move! The salaiva is starting to cover me! I don't want this thing to eat me!"

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]

[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited January 7, 2007 3:44:42 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Cadet

Tnepres

Post Number:  272
Total Posts:  585
January 7, 2007 5:11:38 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The shuttle soared into space smoothly.  Disappearing from the planet's atmosphere, leaving behind the fighting.  The engines hummed softly as the ship headed back to Storm Trooper Headquarters, where Fro-ja and Vaynus would be handed over.  The shuttle had been the first to leave, the rest of the squads would depart soon.  Below, the snow troopers of the Vaynus force stood there, staring upwards at the sky.  They looked at each other, puzzled, wondering what would happen now.  They looked down, ashamed and started heading back to their quarters.  As they left, a snowflake fell.  Soon, one after another, snowflakes fell, gathering up into a soft snowstorm.  The wind blew the flakes around in a whirling cyclone and the dirty snow was layered and covered up by a new fresh white layer.  Snow, a symbol of human purity.  A snow trooper sat on a ledge.  His squad was gone, his commander was gone.  He no longer had a purpose but it was too soon to die.  The trooper stared at the snow.  A new layer, perhaps a sign of a new chance, had arrived.  The trooper stood up and smiled.  He ran back to his quarters, falling and slipping on the way.  Above him, the star began to set.

________

"WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" screamed Leth as he cranked up the volume of the music.  He started to play air guitar as the squad began to celebrate.  Yoder stood by Vaynus and Fro-ja, poking Fro-ja with a long twig.  The Rodian mumbled curses at the trooper in his language.  Yoder, not understanding the buggy alien, smiled and whispered.  "I love you too."  Inside his head, the same voice that was always there whispered "Burn them.  Burn them all."  Draken grinned as he tuned his radio to hear the sport high lights.  Arnaut sat by him and listened, polishing his weapons.  Yillis was talking to someone, making sure if Fury was okay.  The gurrcat apparently had gained a few pounds.  Funny.  Talstorin sat by the window and stared out at space.  He stared at the ice planet they had left behind.  He had lost someone he never knew, and yet it was hard to say goodbye.  The Delta leader had inspired him to join where he was now.  He sighed and then smiled.  It was probably for the better.  Besides, Durandal just joined the army as well.  Talstorin had some catching up to do with his old pal. 

"Guys, gather 'round!"  Snipes grinned as he reached into a secret compartment, getting out bottle of Correlian ale.  The troopers grabbed a bottle each, passing around the bottle opener.  Finally, when the squad was all done, Arnaut stepped up. 

"A toast, a toast!"  The squad lifted up their bottles.  "To Victory! To the Empire!"  The squad clanged bottles and drank, taking a long gulp.  There was smile on each of their faces.  The shuttle had gotten near it's destination.  Another mission complete.  Long live the empire.  Long live the Wraith Squad.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Riqimo
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  225
January 7, 2007 5:50:55 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Jag was under a gorodon, and all Riq could do was shoot his pistol to no effect.  Jelly picked up his vibroblade laying on the snow, and ran towards it, meanwhile Jag took a grenade and rammed in in the gorodon's mouth.  While jag tried to roll away and shelter himself against the blast, Jelly caused the filthy beast to rear up and then it exploded as a fleshy mess against everyone except Riqimo, who was standing back due to his injury.

Riq tried to stiffle a laugh as he turned once again to the extraction zone...

Glancing around, Riqimo was amazed that the squad had made it through the swirling snow and only had 500 meters left to reach their shuttles.  Riqimo was starting to feel numb, but he ignored the feeling, and continued to push on.

Typex was starting to get on his sommunications array and send the squad's coordinates to their shuttle, "ETA is five minutes boys, we can settle down right here actually, and then move in when the shuttle has landed."

Garet confirmed Typex's comment as an order and the squad gave a heavy sigh of relief, finally able to rest after 1.5 kilometers of jogging with their heavy snowtrooper suits.

"Doc, you don't alright you okay?" Jelly asked.

"Ah, I'm fine, just a bit cold," Riqimo replied through chattering teeth, "I think my heat unit is starting to run out of power."

Riqimo sat down on a nearby snow bank and looked to the sky, trying to spy their shuttle.  Riqimo's thoughts were starting to dirft and he couldn't see straight.  Slowly, he was starting to black out, unaware of what was happening to him.  The last words he heard were, "'Shuttle's here, let's move boys, Doc?  Guys get..."

Later when he came to, Riqimo found himself on the shuttle surrounded by his squad mates.  "I blacked out?"

A strange voice replied, "Yeah, don't worry you are stabilized now, and you'll be fine.  You will have to miss the debriefing though, because of your arm."

Riqimo realized that the squad must have picked up a medic along the way, and upon hearing that he would miss debriefing, Riq quickly sat up and pushed the man aside, "I am going to that meeting and I don't care if the Grand Moff himself says I can't!"

The medic became really confused, but Garet put his hand on the guy's shoulder and wispered, "We'll take care of him, he'll be fine."

The medic gave up and Riqimo went into a relaxing sleep, anxious to be on friendly ground again.

When the shuttle finally landed on Tadath, Riqimo got off first and stood at the base of the shuttle's ramp, and delivered an impromptu courtesy speech in a Cockney baritone: "It's been a pleasure having you aboard Space-sick Transports.  If any of you weirdos have to travel to hell and back again, we hope you'll fly with us.  Please take all your personal possessions with you.  Don't leave any guns or grenades on the shuttle.  They scare the cleaning crew."

The rest of the squad smiled at Riqimo's joke as they walked out of the shuttle, happy to be finally back on Tadath.

"Been too long it seems, doesn't it?" Jelly asked Riqimo.
"Yeah, now we just get cleaned up, and get to go to the mission debriefing," Riq sighed.
"That won't be too bad, just a long lecture, and then a nice break before we get called to some training or another mission."
Jag grinned, "Yeah, we deserved that break, and Doc, you certainly need one, it looks like you haven't slept for weeks."
Riqimo glanced at a reflection of himself as he passed another shuttle's window and laughed, "Wow, yeah, I better find something to counteract that last stimulant I took.  And I better get some rest, hell, we all do."

Back in the barracks once again, the squad threw their stuff on their bunks, Garet looked at the man standing in the corner, "Who are you?"
The guy meekly replied, "Xavier, sir.  I was assigned to the squad while you were out."
"Oh yes, sorry about that, I forgot that message I got while on the transport, glad to have you with us."

The squad welcomed in Xavier while getting into their dress uniforms.  Riqimo had some difficulty with his arm and RK lent Riqimo a hand.
"Alright, boys, we're going to the debriefing now, no getting lost please.  Xavier, you can tag along if you want, you don't have to come, but I recommend it."

The squad arrived to an empty room, "You sure this is the right one, sir?" RK asked.
"Yeah, I thought we get here early for front row seats." Garet replied.

Riqimo just shrugged and took the center seat in the front.  After a little while the other squads started shuffling in, and Eclipse members were chatting among themselves about their recent exploits, while Xavier listend in awe.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad

Imperial Baronet

Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1058
Total Posts:  1338
January 7, 2007 6:47:06 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Coprall sighed as he looked at another of the ISD Halberd's communication terminals on the bridge. The technician at the station looked up nervously. Shaking his head, Coprall motioned for him to return to his work. The day had not gone well. Things down on the planet had escalated far out of hand. With only a few squads the blasted Imperial forces had broken through the defenses too easily. Coprall assumed this was only possible since they had only been on planet an hour and only just obtained control of the turrets; but Coprall wasn't a tactician. His only duty was to relay what was happening to the commander of the bridge.

Looking up from the pit, Coprall felt jarred when his eyes fell upon Commander Kartreck. He had been expecting to find Vaynus standing there like always, but he was down on the planet with his current status unknown. Kartreck saw him looking and asked, "Do we have any good news for once today?" His voice was not the solid military sound of Vaynus. It still had some emotion; that would pose a problem in future battles when the crew needed a strong cold voice to lead them to victory. Coprall had always like that about Vaynus.

"We are still relatively unsure do to communication errors, but scans and other sources confirm what we expected." Coprall swallowed.

Nodding, Kartreck let some of the pain he felt glimpse across his features for a moment. Yes, he would not do at all for a commander, and yet he would be the one to gain control of Vaynus did not return. Finally, he stated, "Very well. Have we sent out the bombers to scratch this fiasco from the galaxy?"

"They were sent a few minutes ago."

"Then that is all for now. Send out a communication that all ground forces are to retreat back to the Halberd with whatever they can. I know we sent out a force to find the people, but I doubt we'll find anything anymore. They've probably already left, and the bombers are already on their way." As if just remembering something, Kartreck asked, "Also, did the scouts find these Imperials' ships yet?"

Coprall shook his head. Either they had all landed their shuttles on the planet and stayed planet side to avoid detection, or they were waiting farther out of the system until called in for pick up. Those were the only two possibilities for why they hadn't been found. At least, the only ones Coprall had developed. Realizing he had gotten ahead of himself, he jerked back to the control pit and started to move through the terminals again. He was just a deck officer. Nothing more. It was not his place to suppose about the enemy or to decide who should command. "I'm just a deck officer." He whispered to himself. The truth of the matter was that he was actually the fourth highest ranked officer aboard the ship. He would gain control of the ship one day. That, he had promised himself.

The doors to the bridge opened. Deciding it would just be more bad news, Coprall didn't bother looking to see who it was. The gradual sound of the footsteps grew louder. Then he heard something he didn't expect to hear again, "Tell all the scout ships we sent out to come back. Also, make sure the bombers destroy everything. All I want anyone to ever see of that installation again is a black mark on this planets white surface; see to it quickly, so we might be able to catch the enemy still on the surface."

Coprall thought he was dreaming. Turning around, he tilted his head back to stare at the visage before him. In a clean Imperial uniform, Vaynus stood with his hands clenched behind his back. His hair was neat like always, and not a spot could be seen. "You can stand down now Kartreck. It is me. Also, due to your ill handling of this matter, I am demoting you to First Lieutenant. Coprall, you are hereby promoted to Lt. Commander."

For a second Kartreck and Coprall stared at each other, unable to believe what had just happened, then Coprall did something he did not believe he would do for a very long while. "You are relieved of your position Kartreck. Report to your proper station and go about your duties." With that, Coprall walked to the command platform. Kartreck stood where he was only a moment longer.

Vaynus nodded and then said, "Make sure he doesn't mess anything else up, Coprall." Kartreck missed a step as he made his way to the control pit.

Coprall let a cold smile appear on his face. "As you wish commander. Do you have any other orders?"

"Don't start looking for the enemy's ships. I don't wish to bother with them. They don't have anything of real importance to us. Once the bombers finish their attack run, we'll leave the system and return to our designated area." Vaynus turned away and walked to the viewport.

Looking down into the pit, Coprall asked, "Did you get all that?" Kartreck could only nod. Bringing his attention back to Vaynus, he couldn't push down his curiosity. He had to know, even if it did cost him his post. Walking down the ramp, he positioned himself slightly behind and to the side of Vaynus. "Sir, I don't wish to seem presumptuous, seeing as I only obtained this position a minute ago, but I must know. How did you escape?"

"I never left." Vaynus answered. Turning his head to look at Coprall, he continued. "I realized these supposed Imperials would launch a mission to get Fro-Ja back if they every found out about him. Only a fool would send himself down as well. But, I also wanted to figure a few things about my crew and officers, so I decided to send a double of myself down to the planet while I secluded myself to my quarters. Only he and I knew about the switch. It's unfortunate that I had to lose him. He was a very good double, though a coward. I suspect he performed horribly down there. Nothing like a real Imperial officer. Probably tried to commit suicide. Now, does that answer your question?"

"Yes sir." Corprall backed away slightly. Silence stood between them for a moment. "Uh, I just have one more," Coprall dared to press his luck. "Was this whole thing just a test then? Did you never really care about what Fro-Ja had to say?"

"It was a skirmish of sorts, you could say. Something people do to see their enemy and themselves. I wanted to see what these people were capable of, and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Plus, it let me see what a few months in cold space has done to my men. They've grown soft, which is something to be fixed." Vaynus glanced down at the snowy planet surface. "I sent down a certain number of men for two reasons. First, part of me wanted to believe all would go well and that I was just being over anxious. I sent down the procedure amount of troops. Second, the other doubting part of me decided that for a true test, the odds should be even. In war, normally the person with more men, more resources, and better tactics is the one to win; but in some cases, this isn't true. Some say it is courage or if the troops have a deeper purpose to fight, but whatever it is, I wanted to see if these supposed Imperials had it. Do you understand, Coprall?"

Coprall's head was spinning, but he managed to murmur, "I believe so."

"Good. In the end, we lost today, but this is only the beginning. They may have destroyed a local base and decimated a few land forces, but that only told us our mistakes. They will go home and feel confident. Some of them will be overconfident now, and when it comes time to match forces again, those men will be doomed to their fate. It's strategy, Coprall, strategy. Learn your enemy, deceive your enemy, and the war is yours. Anything else?"

"No sir, thank you. I should have realized."

Looking out the viewport again, Vaynus stated, "No you shouldn't, and that's why I am still here." And why I will make these fakes pay for making fools of my troops. He added to himself.

"Tell us where you got the information!" A stern looking man planted his face right in front of a dirty looking Rodian. Slamming the table with his mallet like fist, the bulky figure stood up to his full height and motioned toward to even larger men behind the Rodian. Turning around, he lifted his cigar to his mouth and inhaled slowly, savoring the taste. He had never liked doing the rough part of interrogating, but not since he wasn't built it for it. After the sounds had faded away behind him, he took one last puff of his cigar and turned around.

The Rodian was sitting at the table once again, but now his skin was even more marred by cuts and grime. His manacled hands were resting on the table in front of him, and his wheezing breath was quick to come out of his tube like mouth. Sitting back down across from the Rodian, the man let his cigar hand drop down to rest it against the alien's skin as he asked, "Are you sure that's all you know now?"

"YES!" The Rodian screamed in his language, jerking his hand away from the burning stub. "He didn't let me see his face really. Didn't even let me know anything. I swear. I SWEAR!" He yelped as one of the firm hands dropped on his shoulder from behind.

Giving the two men a nod, the interrogator motioned for them to leave the room. Standing up, he flicked off the light and said quietly into the now dark room, "We'll see what you have to say after another few hours of solitary." The room was flooded with light as he opened the door. He stepped out into the hall then closed it. Once again, the room was plunged into a deep darkness. A low moan penetrated the stillness.

I told them everything I know. Why won't they believe me. I was just a messenger. Just a messenger. . . Just a messenger. . . Just a mess... Jerking upright, the clink of manacles filled the room with a crescendo of noise. How long was I out?

Trying to see something in the darkness, he gave up a moment later. Nothing was visible. He could have been out for a day or just a minute. Darkness was his only companion. "LET ME OUT!" he yelled at the walls.

"You want out?" A cold voice asked from inside the room.

"Who's that? Who's there?" I know that voice.

"There's only one way out of here for you now." The voice seemed to emanate from everyone and nowhere in the small boxlike room.

"I said who are you?" A trickle of cold sweat crept down the Rodian's spine. Where do I know this voice?

"I told you not to send the message in system. I told you not to get caught. I thought you were smarter than that Fro-Ja, but I always seem to overestimate people."

"You're him, but how did you get in here?" Fro-Ja asked in hysterics.

"How? What a simple question, but that doesn't really matter to you. You failed me, and anyways, you said you wanted out of here. So here, allow me to give you this one last favor." The sharp snapping of bone whipped through the room.

Situated at the top of the premier restaurant, a nice looking man picked up his drink and walked away from the bar towards the balcony, where a crowd of people were standing. They were all here as honorary guests either to critique the food or to be there as a high standing political figure. Both would be needed for any establishment to get any attention. The high class affairs of the galaxy were always entertaining to follow, especially when you joined in the event. Some people were players, while some were just pawns, but the best person to be was a controller, one who manipulated the current for his one gain. If you could learn to control these people without them knowing it, you could do the same in any other form of hierarchy. This is why the man liked to practice once and awhile.

Accepting a greeting from a stunning woman, he kept on walking until he reached the edge of the platform. Things hadn't gone exactly as planned with his other endeavor of late. He hated having to get his hands dirty with the affair, but when Fro-Ja had slipped up, it needed to be attended. Fortunately, he had other people to take care of the sticky work. He had climbed his way up from having to do that work himself. Sometimes he did let himself do it, just to keep his skills honed. These Imperials had turned out to be more resourceful then he had anticipated. Nothing too much to handle, but the wait was, oh, so boring.

He knew he had little patience. It was not a curse anymore though. He knew how to indulge his needs and take his mind away from the matter. If things started to slow down in his less honorable dealings, there were always more sociable attractions to entertain him. Raising his glass to a swarthy man in a purple suit, he tilted his head back and took a sip. The sweat and bitter taste of the liquid pooled in his mouth for a second, before he let it trickle down the back of his throat, savoring the effect.

As he gave another woman a meaningful glance, he turned around to stare out at the beautiful vista of the city. Every newly created business always tried to obtain what they thought was the best view of the area. You could tell a lot about the owner and founders from these little things-the art, the selected food, furnishings. Some people couldn't understand this. Less intelligent beings were too foolish to believe that such things could give you an advantage over another person. "The key is intelligence," he whispered. "And thankfully, I was gifted with it," he added with pride.

"You talking to yourself again?" A shorter man asked, coming up beside him.

"You never know. Anyways, what is on the menu tonight, Gersund?"

As the owner started to tally of through his list, the man pretended to listen, just to indulge the man. It was never good to insult the owner. Someday, I will make this established sector fall. I swear it. And then I'll have to find a new area to play with. The game never ends. "That sounds marvelous, my good man." He responded with a smile. "Now why did you choose this statue for out here?"

"You're telling me that our information source has been killed and that the man we captured isn't even Vaynus? Is that what you are telling me?" Rizzit asked the holo-image darkly. His facial features clearly displaying mixture of astonishment and anger.

The hazy image of the technician could only nod. "Don't shoot the messenger Rizzit," Kairo said tiredly from the corner of Rizzit's office. Sighing, Rizzit cut off the transmission. Thankfully, the two bits of news had not arrived at the same time, or the young technician might not have gotten away that easily. "It isn't like it's his fault."

"True," Rizzit conceded, "But I'm thinking you'd much rather like me yelling at him than you."

Deciding not to wait and see if that was a question or warning, Kairo looked over at Kami and said, "You'd think he'd be happy that we at least accomplished the main objective. The information never got out."

Suppressing a small smile, Kami quickly interjected a comment before Rizzit exploded and Kairo's wise remark. "What Kairo meant while being flippant, was that even though those things have now happened, we still prevented Thrawn from obtaining that information. Plus, the troops are in good spirits and moral is high. That is something we can't buy." She shot Kairo a look when she finished. Kairo blinked and shrugged.

"I wasn't going to yell," Rizzit remarked, although everyone knew to the contrary. "But you are right. We did succeed, and the troops don't need to know anything to the wiser. To them, everything went well, and they beat the enemy even out numbered. Unfortunately for us, we don't get to be so blissfully unaware. Things just keep escalating. This just means that Vaynus is still out there at large with his small contingent of who knows how many ships and forces, and I highly doubt he is following direct orders from Thrawn. Also, it means that whoever gave Fro-Ja the information in the first place hasn't been found."

"Good going Intel." Kairo interrupted, earning him two more looks.

"So, we may have stopped the overlaying threat, but the real problem is still at hand. We were unable to figure out where the information came from, and though an enemy group has been beaten, they now have a taste of our capabilities." Rizzit rubbed his temples. "So you are right Kami, the men did exceedingly well, but how long will that last." He stopped for a second and leaned back in his chair. "I'm just over thinking this. Or at least I hope I am."

"So what's the next move?" Kairo asked.

"Nothing for now. I think we earned a small break. In our line of work, you never know when the next mission will roll along, and I doubt things are going to be settling down for awhile." Rizzit grabbed his cup of cafe and took a sip. "On the contrary, things are probably just going to get a lot worse."

(OOC The story is now finished. Great job and congratulations to everyone. If you have any questions, just e-mail me or send me a comnet message. )

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/SFC Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV][IH]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it will always haunt your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:17:37 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 105  |  Bots - 3
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >