Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  282
Total Posts:  903
  RE: A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
December 17, 2006 10:15:20 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 

And the squad stopped. In front of them, another thick barrier of snow sat.

"I'll just blow it up..." Leth said moving forward. Arnaut motioned him back.

"We don't need to waste any more explosives. We'll just go around to the hangar. Besides, that's the objective anyway. I don't know why we even blew this up in the first place."

The squad spread out and started to head for the hangar. Swirls of snow flew past his visor making it hard to see. The storm had hit, and just on time. Arnaut tried to peer through the snow, but visibility was limited to about three meters. From his left, a great booming explosion came. Good to know Nightstalkers are on top of their game. 

Behind them something crunched. Arnaut ordered for the squad to get down and not a moment too soon. Almost as soon as Arnaut hit the snow, red blaster bolts streaked over head, vaporizing the air the squad had just occupied.

"Return fire!" Arnaut screamed, picking up his rifle. Arnaut fired into the unknown. Wet, dying screams followed each of his first blasts, but the enemy knew they had lost the element of surprise. Arnaut motioned the squad forward hurriedly, blaster bolts flying in from many directions now that the enemy had taken cover. A trooper loomed up in front of Arnaut only to be cut down a second later, scorch marks littering the armor.

Arnaut twisted around in time to accidentally hit another enemy with the back end of his blaster as he charged forward. The man staggered back, his helmet seriously dented. Arnaut fired...but nothing came out. Cursing, he ducked down to the ground and slammed a fresh clip home. Standing up again to kill the man he had wounded, he only saw the glint of steel before him and another were rolling around in the snow.

Finally Arnaut got a good sight of him--an enemy, his helmet torn off and blood streaming down from a gash in the side of his head. He lifted the knife to stab Arnaut, caught just in time by Arnaut's arm. The man was stronger, though, and inch by agonizing inch he pushed on until the blade sat only a little ways from Arnaut's throat. The man's head exploded.

Arnaut stood up, wiping the bits of brain and skull from his visor and looked up to see Tnepres standing there, blaster still smoking. He shrugged.

"Thought you could use some help there, sir," He said. Arnaut laughed and thanked him. Around him, the bodies of eight other troopers lay, all in snowtrooper armor. None of the wraiths were down, and they huddled round Arnaut for orders.

"My guess is they'd been tracking us for a while," Snipes said, coming up next to the squad. "Or at least since we blew up the snow bank."

"Let's try to be a bit more stealthy from now on. No more explosives until we're in the hangar, got it?" Arnaut said. The squad nodded.

"Alright, let's move out!"

As the squad marched on toward the mission, Arnaut couldn't help but wondering. How many other squads heard our explosion back there? Arnaut was sure they'd probably find out. And sooner than the squad would like.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/LCP Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 10:16:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 10:17:25 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 10:18:14 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 11:05:31 AM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Cadet

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  213
Total Posts:  585
December 17, 2006 11:03:09 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
HSC WRAITH PRIDE!

Talstorin ran towards the hanger with a sigh.  So much for a fast quiet infiltration.  Draken led the squad towards the hanger.  Arnaut following close behind.  Soon they reached another holed up space where the hangar door should have been.  Talstorin cursed.  "They're definatly onto us."  Arnaut nodded, and he knew the squad knew they had been foiled as well. 

"Alright, no need to get discouraged.  We can still sneak, we are few and fast.  They don't know our exact location or our plan.  Plus, the other squads are putting stress on their battle outside, so lets move quickly."  The squad leader gestured for the squad to move back.  With a groan, the troopers moved again.  Morale had dropped drastically.  In addition, there was an added fear of being attacked by defense troops.  It was only a matter of time before they were caught again.

As they walked, Arnaut looked at the map.  What now?  There was only one path to the dropship hangar.  He stopped, only a few meters away from the holed up hangar.  "I think we're going to have to risk drawing more attention by blowing up the holed up wall.  There is no other way in, and if we get to the research facility first and they find out, they'll block the route back meaning we would be trapped in here.  If we risk detection now, we can do the hanger objective then hurry to the research and at least if we get stopped there we've finished phase one orders."

The squad looked at each other, uncertain.  Their squad leader was acknowledging that it wasn't certain that the squad would make it out alive.  Arnaut was normally so optimistic and sure, his worrys passed on to the rest of the squad.  Each one of them started to worry, they didn't want to be stuck in this cold, freezing, icy hell.  "Well?" Yillis said at last.  "You heard Arnaut.  Blast through the barrier."  Leth quickly rushed towards the barrier, placing another charge.  He ran back soon after.  The squad members each looked away in a different direction, waiting for the explosion to come.  Nothing came.  Leth looked up.

"Oh wups.  Heh, my mistake."  He rushed back to the charge, turned it on and rushed back.  The squad members looked away again.  The explosion came quickly.  They looked up.  The path was open again, and taking no time to wait, the squad rushed into the hangar.  They found themselves in awe.  The hangers were filled with marvelous imperial fighters and aircrafts.  Each one of them polished and shining. 

"Alright," ordered Arnaut, "let's get disabling."  The squad began to walk towards the ships when they were stopped.  A heavy spray of blaster fired filled the hanger, one hit Talstorin by the skin of his left arm.  Talstorin held back a loud curse in pain.  The squad retreated behind the ships quickly and as the smoke cleared, a squad of storm commandos stepped in. 

They were almost identical that of the Wraith, wearing the same armor, having the same weapons.  They spoke to eachother.  "Amateurs, thinking we wouldn't know the oldest trick in the book.  They think they could fool us with the standard imperial infiltration plan?"  The rest of that squad laughed, looking around.  "Now where are they?"  The commandos spread out.

Behind a TIE, Talstorin readied his Verdicator scanner.  It was his only way of knowing who was in Wraith besides the isignias built into the helmet.  Footsteps approached him.  Talstorin took a deep breath, his left arm had a light burn, a little numb but nothing worse.  The footsteps approached.  Talstorin readied his carbine to fire.  Suddenly the steps stopped.  He heard Yoder scream.  Talstorin peeked out and saw Yoder run out of the hangar, arms flung up.  Every commando turned around and the Wraiths took their chance.  They popped out of their hiding places, firing on the unsuspecting commandos.  They were wiped out quickly, thanks to Yoder's diversion. 

"Alright," ordered Arnaut.  "Clean these bodies up.  From now on, we pretend we are Delta squad of Vaynus."  The squad members grinned and started to clean up, Yoder walking back.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  585
Total Posts:  635
December 17, 2006 12:21:42 AM    View the profile of Squall 

Squall was now starting to take almost everything into consideration.  The fact that Raidrs was too far spread out was hititng him hard, and he knew he would have to do something about it.

"Where the hell is that E-web!" yelled the Sergeant

"They're back in the second trench, still having problems," said Leon

"And who's covering their asses?"

"Er.....No one sir," said Leon, "We thought they could hold their own"

Squall shook his head and raised a hand.

"Darr, I'm falling back to the second trench.  With this new assault their hitting us with, we've got to make sure we keep that E-web in good condition," said Squall, "Darr, lay down some covering fire, I need to get out of this trench somehow"

"Raiders, I want every single one of you firing NOW!" said Darr, poking his head out and firing rapid fire from his A-280.  Squall waited for a few moments, then took his chance.  He climbed out of the trench and ran as fast as he could towards the second.  His pack was weighing him down greatly, but he knew he couldn't loose it.  He would need it greatly in the long run, especially since Preditor would be running out of missiles soon, and he had a couple in his pack.

Squall dove into the trench right beside Rogue, but that was the worst idea.  Rogue began firing everywhere.

"Whoa cowboy, its me, Squalleh.  I'm here to help," said Squall

"You scared the shit out of me Squall....Whats your orders?"

"Help your blind ass get on your feet and give you covering fire.  They're assaulting us in the third trench."

"Well, thanks for putting it so nice," said Aeos, "I'm slowly regaining my sight"

"Me too," said Rogue

Squall took position on the upside of the trench, scanning the area for heads poking out.  He noticed on his hud that enemy markers were coming in from the right.

"Damnit, small squad coming in from the right.  You two, keep down, I'm going to take them out," said Squall

Squall could sense that Rogue was going into a deep state of meditation.  He could notice this at certain times, and knew that it helped him out greatly.  They both had their methods of on field prayers to someone, Squall only hoped that they would share their tactics with eachother.  Somday...when we get out of his hell-hole

Squall moved his rifle into position, but he noticed that he was beginning to shake, violently.  Most of the time he had pills with him, but he only knew that he had two stimulants left for his nervousness of his nerves, so he quickly took them, hoping they would last him out.

Scanning horizonally, Squall picking up the small force of soldiers coming into the right side of the second trench.  Squall took aim and let off a shot, dropping one of the soldiers, the force from the bullet piercing right through his helmet.  Squall took aim, and shot again, hitting the next trooper in the chest.  Two more.

"Small force coming in on the right side of the second trench, I've got them covered," said Squall, but he overestimated.  Bolts were now flying down the trench.  Squall hunkered down behind a mound of snow and took blind shots, hoping to hit the troopers, and aparently, he did, because the other was taking off out of the trench.  Squall aimed the crosshairs directly on the back of the enemy troopers head, and dropped him.

"Squall!" yelled Rogue, "Damn you, whats your status with those enemies?"

"They're down.  You better get that back that eyesight quick before they send more in, because I'm running out of ammo..."

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
----------------------
TR/SGT Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited December 18, 2006 8:32:42 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  699
Total Posts:  2089
December 17, 2006 1:16:35 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogueboy was sitting down his back against the trench, Aeos was sitting next to him and on the other side of Aeos was the unmanned E-web. Rogue went into meditation and blocked out every single noise, meditation could be a good thing or a bad one especially when his nerf ass inside voice would come out like it did now.

"Hahaha your blind in a battlefield, isn't that something they teach you not to do?"

"You know if you're not going to be of any help piss off."

"Why wouldn't I be of any help? I want you to live as much as you do."

"Because you never help, you always worm doubt into my mind and only have negative effects."

"By making you doubt yourself I am making you double check your surroundings and yourself, I benefit you."

"I think you are evil, and as such you would not perceive yourself as evil because nobody is evil because they want to be, its all about perceptions."

"I live in your mind; I already know what you're thinking sometimes even before you do."

"I guess that's what happens when you have unwelcomed house guests."

"Are you just going to make fun of me or are you going to let me help you?"

"Help me how?"

"Well for example; while you are meditating and we are in high heavens your vision is better; you can see shadows, and your partner Aeos can see a tad better than you because you like an idiot was staring at the flashbang as it went off."

"I don't think you would of done much differently were you in my boots."

"Yes I would of, I wouldn't of been here, I would have been with Vaynus over there in that bunker telling him the VE was moving in and to deploy his star destroyer on the other side of the planet."

"You always did anything to keep yourself alive."

"You mean keep us alive."

"No just you, I don't mind dying I didn't think I was going to live past fourteen years of age which is when you infected me you, face it you're a plague."
"You know I'm not a bacterial disease or infection, to be honest I don't know what I am, I could be a chemical imbalance of your brain, perhaps even someone with telepathy looking through your eyes, but we're in this together and I'm not as eager as you to die."

"Alright whatever, I'm done talking to you, time to go get some action."

Rogue went back into his physical body and slowly opened his eyes and looked at where Aeos was slowly rising to her feet, unfortunately Rogue didn't see in colour, everything was either white or black and hardly defined.

Good enough for me to shoot at stuff, let's hope I don't hit any teammates.

Aeos came up over the comlink.

"Rogue, I can see perfectly now, what about you?"

"I can see shadows just can't tell friend or foe."

"Good enough; help me dismantle the E-web and move it up, Squall stay on our shiny asses."

Squall answered in the affirmative.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  2853
Total Posts:  3940
December 17, 2006 1:47:09 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
HSC WRAITH PRIDE!

Snipes pulled the helmet off on of the commandos, he was old, for a commando, and obviously battle worn. Snipes snickered to himself before sticking a rather well sized bomb in the helmet and shoving it back on him. Then he set the trooper up in the cockpit of the Lamba class shuttle. Snipes seat belted him in, then jogged out, not forgetting to shut the loading hatch on his way out He assumed that had been Vaynus' transport down to the surface. It also explained the Sentinel class landing ships within the bay that no doubt brought down his men.

It was one of the Sentinels that Snipes moved to next. Snipes didn't know how to access it from the outside, when he'd been stuck in one there'd always been a pilot to let them in and out, so he somehow managed to climb up it, from the top he sliced into the emergency hatch and dropped into the cockpits ante-chamber. Snipes took a moment to orient himself then moved into the cockpit, knowing that they hadn't packed anywhere near enough explosives for this job, he started ripping open the computer terminal, destroying everything in there, mostly by ripping wires and smashing circuit boards, but he did take a few shots off at it with the silence slug thrower that he'd rigged into a black cross draw holster on the front of his belt. Finally satisfied with his work, he pulled himself out the way he'd come in. From this lofty vantage point he realized there were just too many damn ships.

"Arnaut, this is insane, we'll never bring all these ships down in time, and once they realize delta squad is gone we're history."

"Yeah, I'm coming to realize that, you have any suggestions?"

"Yeah, bring those hanger doors down on top of these things."

"We have enough bombs for that?"

"Yeah, here, meet me where we came in, I've got an idea."

"I don't like the sound of this, alright, see you there."

Snipes hopped down and ran the few meters to where they had met. It took the rest of the squad a moment to get there, and Arnaut another moment, Snipes assumed he'd been finishing something up.

"Alright, so what's this brilliant plan?"

"Ok, so we don't have the time or the equipment to take out all these ships, however, if this hanger is anything like normal imperial hangers there's a lower level used for storing parts, somebody goes down there, finds the four corners and plants some explosives, a double shot of what we've been putting in the ships should do, however, in addition to that, i say we find every ship with a torpedo or missile of some sort and set those on a delay or, if possible, remote. Fire those missiles just before we blow the foundation. This whole place should go kaboom, take out a good deal of the underground tunnels too, they didn't look too stable."

Arnaut had nodded along until now, he took a second to consider it, "Sounds good, Snipes, me and Leth will take care of the ships, Yillis, Tnepres, take care of the lower level, doors probably over. . ." he pointed, "There. Draken, keep an eye out, the top of that sentinel class looks like a good place, let us know if anyone comes in."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

RK
ComNet Cadet

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  261
Total Posts:  823
December 17, 2006 2:03:09 PM    View the profile of RK 

RK stood at the back, his strong but silent mentality kicking in, he was always the first to ruch into battle, but this was one time stealth was needed. if this outfit wasn't so bulky and more stream lined, I might have a plan. He shrugged the thought off, even if he executed it fast enough, he would risk everyone's life.

"Alright, we have two choices, fight, or run, either way we are goners." Typex's voice was like everyone else's through the helmet's voice piece.

"Now's not the time for doubting, we have to act fast." Garet turned to look at his squad, Datapad in hand. "RK, we are going to need your speed."

KR was bout to say yes sir, until he remembered what kinda armor he was wearing. "Sir, with this armor, I can move as fast as a slug, I say we use the cord Jag brought and some explosives, much more entertaining."

"This isn't entertainment RK, this is war." Garet snapped back, RK was dumbfound under his helmet, thankfully nobody could see him. "Alright, here's the plan..."

The troopers were advancing faster this time, RK was starting to get worried under his helmet, he hadn't done this kinda thing in a long time. He had practiced at the barracks, but in real life one mistake would kill or injure everybody. He looked out to see Garet and Jag looking out over at there look out point, Types stood a couple meters away. Jelly and Riqi stood right behind RK. this had better work, or this is going to be one short mission.

"Alright, remember get the bike ready we are going to have to make a run for it after this." RK looked out to see Jag make a movement to get ready to activate the bombs on the turrets, time was of the essence here. "Jag, be careful they will be on us in eleven minutes, maybe nine."

"I hear you, loud an clear" Jag replied.

"RK, get ready, this could be difficult" Garet stopped he looked over at Jag. "Jag, get ready to set those things, we have to time this right, we don't want them blowing us up."

RK was ready, in one minuted those bombes would be set and they would have to hurry it up. ten minutes, there about five minutes away, giving us a very little chance of pulling this off.

"Alright, let's get ready, Jelly get ready, we will need to move at the right moment." Rk took the cord that Jag let him borrow out of his pouch, tying it to the middle of his handle bar, handing the other one to Jelly who did the same. "If this doesn't work we are all goners."

"Alright, Jag set the bombs NOW!" Jag set the bombs, the troops would be on them in five minutes, so they had to get out of there in five minutes after depleting the soldiers. Five minutes to kill, five minutes to escape.

RK started his speeder up, Jelly did the same. In a flash they were off. They spread apart as far as the cord would go, and then they sped up to full speed, in a matter of one minutes they were on them. Trooper after trooper tried to take them out, but they were going to fast. The cord went through each trooper in it's way. it's working we might actually win.

Soon they had dwindled them down, then as soon as they were close to winning, the cord snapped, Jelly looked over the tention from the cord had whipped RK in the side, a goudge was in his helmet, he looke alright, but no the mission was in veign.

"Retreat, we can't do anything more, head back this way."

"Garet we have 3 minutes, either we get out of here or were all dead." Garet looked at Jag.

"Alright, let's go" All three of them got on there speeders, and headed off Riqimo followed.

Rk was hurt, the only thing keeping him alive was the cold that was keeping the pain down.

"Jelly let's go." Jelly and RK sped ot cathc up, trying there best to keep stay alive, blaster bolts missing them from every direction. Soon they were back with the group, turret's done for, now they just had to make it out alive.

if we make it out of here, I am going to have some nasty word's for thrawn.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

TRP/LCPL
RK/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES] [2nd Class]

" I am the best at what I do. Only what i do isn't very nice." - Wolverine

"I have wept over to many graves." -Magneto, God loves, Man kills.
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 17, 2006 2:05:44 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1114
Total Posts:  1587
December 17, 2006 2:42:40 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 

Darr-Rann drew out his vibroblade, activating it's power function once he had it in a ready position. The squad leader lunged at one trooper, the powered blade stabbing through the man's pure white armor and releasing a wash of red blood. He withdrew the blade and kicked the man, sending him falling backwards into the snow. The remnants of the defenders of this trench had fallen back, but the enemy was sending forward forces to push them out.

"We're being overrun here!  Get that E-Web moved and set up, double time!" The sergeant said, sheathing the blade and taking his shotgun in two hands, send a deadly spray of energy in the direction of the enemy. He looked ahead to see an enemy squad making their way to the Raider's position, crawling through the snow.

Damn, this is too difficult to see approaching enemies. If only we could get a radar UAV set up in this weather. Darr-Rann thought to himself.

"Darr, enemy squad coming down from the fourth!" Aphamos informed him over the comlink.

"Yeah, I spotted them. Alright ladies, you heard him! Get ready to combat another squad!" He said. He took a moment and looked back to see Rogue and Aeos moving forward from their position with the E-Web. Finally...

"This one is confused." Preditor's voice answered him via comlink, "This one is male. This one also thought that all but Aeos-knight were also."

"He didn't mean ladies literally, Pred." Rayden replied to the Barabel. Despite the situation they were in, Darr-Rann grinned for a moment and the lizard-man's remark. Suddenly a blaster bolt tore by him, skimming his arm and leaving a burn on his plating. Luckily, it didn't harm him, but snapped his attention to the shooter. The enemy squad was taking formation, and hailed a degree of fire which forced the raiders deeper into the trench.

Damn, these definitely aren't your regular defenders. Darr-Rann thought, I have a feeling it's going to get a whole lot harder from here on in

Keep it up guys!

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  439
December 17, 2006 3:30:44 PM    View the profile of jag fel 

Jag having activated the explosives was starting to get a little edge. When he watched RK and Jelly Bean go through the troops with the wire he wasent too sure if it would hold. Going through one like he and Riqimo did is one thing but all those troopers is something else.

When Jag noticed the wire snapping he noticed the way RK's posture changed. And he was sure he could see something red coming from the white snow trooper armor. He coulh hear Riqimo over the com channel whispering to himself about how to treat his wound. When they reached the rest of the squad Riqimo was trying to convince Garet that there was enough time to treat Rk first but Jag merely shouted, "Two minutes!"

With that the whole squad sped off heading towards the first of the guard towers. When they were nearing the guard tower there was a huge explosion behind them as all three turrets were blown up into space. Jag heard Phenix say over the comnet, "Well that is a nice little gift for Thrawn before the best present of alll."

When they stopped just within walking distance of the tower, Riqimo treated RK's wounds. After he sealed the wound Garet asked, "Will he be able to carry on?"

Riqimo unable to see the expression behind his face replied, "Well I wouldnt advise it but he should be OK."

"Good. In that case will leave the speeder bikes here and take over that tower." When everyone was ready Garet was the point man with Jag behind him then Phenix and so on. When they were close enough that they could fire their weapons Jag looked around with the scope of his blaster.

"Garet there's six Thrawn troopers around the base of the turret and from what I can tell there's four maybe five in the tower." He took careful aim at the one furthest away whilst Garet made the havd signals to the rest of the squad. When they were all in position Jag and the others managed to take out the six around the base.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
TRP/PFC jag fel/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
"Say hello to my little friend" Tony Montana
"Im going to make him an offer he cant refuse"
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Godfather
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited December 17, 2006 3:32:37 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  701
Total Posts:  2089
December 17, 2006 3:37:00 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue looked at Aeos and he could see her shadow nod signaling she was ready to move the E-web, Rogue grabbed the generator and began sprinting the ten yards to the next trench when an enemy soldier took a shot that skimmed by Rogueboy's foot. Rogue fell down and the generator went flying into the trench, Rogue rolled the rest of the way into the trench.

"I think they got my foot."

Squall landed next to Rogue, and started examining Rogue's boot.

"Hehe they didn't even touch you, you pansy, you just sprained your ankle."

Rogue was relieved to hear it, now where did he put that generator? He began looking around over the dead bodies, a thud behind Rogueboy made him turn around, he couldn't tell who it was but it did hit him with the butt of it's rifle. Rogue fell backwards onto the soft snow and hard plastoid armour floor of the trench his cape coming up as he fell.

The enemy snowtrooper turned around and was about to unload on an unsuspecting Aeos and Squall when Rogueboy jumped on his back and together they wrestled each other to the ground the soldier's rifle flew across and landed five feet away from them. The enemy soldier elbowed Rogue in the stomache and took his breath away, he than rolled over until he was on top of Rogue and trying to pin his arms down with his knees. Rogue tried to use his hips in an attempt to throw him off but it was to no avail. Rogue kept moving his arms up so the soldier couldn't pin them down. Finally the enemy snowtrooper pulled out his vibroknife and as it was coming down Rogueboy grabbed his wrists and wrestled with him forcing the trooper's hand to the right Rogue rolled right and ended up on top of their struggle for survival.

Rogue used his weight to keep the soldier's knife from reaching him, Rogue left go with one hand and punched the man in the throat a couple of times until he let go of the blade in an attempt to shield his throat. The knife fell to the ground and Rogue started hitting the trooper on the sides of his helmet trying to stop him from protecting his throat, the ruse worked and Rogue wrapped his hands around the snowtroopers throat and started to squeeze and shake his head like a ragdoll.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  164
Total Posts:  2382
December 17, 2006 6:23:44 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Jag was arming the last explosive while the rest of the squad began shooting at a few Thrawn forces coming in, "Hurry up Jag!" Jelly Bean shouted over the commotion.

"Don't rush him!" Riqimo answered, "We don't want him setting it wrong and blowing the lot of us up."

"Can we get some back up?" Riqimo shouted over to Typex.

"I'm trying, they must be jamming our transmissions." Typex called back, "Alright, we have two choices, fight, or run, either way we are goners."

Riqimo's mind was racing; he heard RK and Garet arguing over something but did not pay much attention.

Then Garet gave a plan, which Riqimo gave a sigh of relief that he was not needed to try that crazy stunt, taking up a prone position on the snow, Riqimo started to fire his carbine to help take out the Thrawn troopers that were not bunched together.

"Got it!" Jag shouted, quickly pulling his carbine out and firing a few shots at the enemy.

Then RK and Jelly speed off, I hope like hell this idea works

Still firing his carbine at the enemy, Riqimo mounted his swoop and then revved his engine.

Seeing the wire snap and hit RK's helmet, Riqimo whispered to himself, unrealizing that he was on the squad's com link channel, "That's not going to be simple, I hope I got enough synth-skin left..."

The squad raced off towards the wall, hoping to find a safe spot under the towers, even of only for a little while to heal RK's wounds.

All three of the turrets had been blown up.  Riqimo sighed a breath of relief, Eclipse Squad had some close encounters, too many it seemed, but they all had emerged alive nonetheless.
How many more challenges are we going to have to face? Eventually we are not going to win or escape from one of our encounters.

Once there, Riqimo quickly observed RK and patched him up.

"Will he be able to carry on?" Garet asked Riqimo.

Using his Verdicator to asses RK's emotional state, Riqimo replied, "Well, I would not advise it but he should be okay."

Garet gave his relief, and gave the squad orders to start talking a tower.

After squad took out the six troopers at the base of the tower, Riqimo asked Jag, "How many more explosive packs do we have on hand?"

"Uh, six, why" came Jag's uncertain response.

"Garet, I think we can blow this tower down, I don't think the wall is as thick here because the tower would probably hollow out the wall a bit.  If we are lucky, we'll be able to enter the tower."

"Jag, set them," cam Garet's orders, "Just two explosive packs.  We should not launch phase two yet, but we can try to get three of the towers out of the way while we wait for the rest of our forces to reach this point."

Jelly Bean piped in, "We could recon the other side of the base too."

Garet replied, "We may get around to that, we'll see."

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

TRP/LCP Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA     Imperial Baronet

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
Urakai
ComNet Novice

Urakai

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  462
December 17, 2006 6:42:20 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
Turning around, Urakai dashed for the hatch and punched it open. The freezing wind took Urakai by surprise but did not stop him in his attempt to get out with Kael beside him.

"No you fools! Get back in here!" roared Kami as she had no choice but to evade two large blasts. Kael and Urakai lost their footing as Kami strafed with incredible speed. Both fell to be greeted by a chilling cold climate.

"Let's go!" Kael yelled as he picked himself up, pulling Urakai up with him. They both paced towards Zafo's repulsortank that was shacking violently to get them off from crawling all over. In the distance, Urakai could see a head poke out of a hatch before an E-11 next. Firing rapidly, the figure defended the repulsortank but was too slow in noticing two snowtroopers sneaking up the side and pulling him from the hatch.

"Durandal!" Urakai screamed as his helmet made out the name above the struggling trooper. He grabbed his E-11 like Kael and pulled the trigger a few times before the squad would be forced to retreat but they did not. One snow trooper that was attacking Durandal dove into the snow and began firing and covering his squad. Urakai and Kael split up and jumped into the snow, letting it cover them as bolts whizzed all over the place. Taking his accuracy training knowledge from the depths of his brain, Urakai aimed for Durandal's attacker. With a slight pull and click, a blast was sent streaming, ripping up the air and exploding its self right into a snowtroopers chest. Shocked, Durandal leapt up and dove onto the proned snowtrooper, grabbing the dead snowtroopers blaster pistol and firing two shots to the head.

"Durandal! Look out!" Kael shouted, bursting to his position as snow figures moved around the repulsortank. Then bolts zoomed straight at Urakai who was trying to keep up with Kael's pace. Diving, he soon rolled to evade two more bolts but that was not it, his attacker was determined to destroy him.

Kael saw covered snowtroopers around the repulsortank's behind that were readying for an attack. Zafo spotted them on his censors and quickly put the tank into reverse. The surprised troopers were caught off guard and could do nothing but be crushed.

"I need some help over here!" Urakai shouted, firing into the never ending whiteness. But in a blink of an eye, Kami bursted the hover van at an incredible pace and crashed into the attacking snowtrooper's now lifeless body.

"Kael, find that detonator! It's got to be in on of the bodies!" Urakai yelled as Durandal pierced the snow with his eyes.

"Not here! Maybe it was crushed too."

"Not possible, it was so sma-" Urakai then saw as plain as day a snowtrooper withdraw a control as it dashed away. Fixing his small scope, Urakai opened fire upon the snowtrooper until he got his explosion he wanted. Running over to the body he pulled the detonator from his hand and held it high above the air so Durandal and Kael could see. Before Urakai could get back towards the repulsortank to help get the explosives off, Urakai could here clanking metal before a ghostly shape appeared in the fog. Oh no, I forgot what Kami stopped doing to save my ass, the AT-ST!

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
TRP/PFC Urakai/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoC]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 17, 2006 6:45:04 PM)]
RK
ComNet Cadet

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  262
Total Posts:  823
December 17, 2006 6:56:50 PM    View the profile of RK 

While Riqimo treated RK's wound he felt a slight sting from the cold as the feeling came back into his cheek, the wire had taken a slight gouge out, but this was nothing compared to some of the scrapes he got when he was a bounty hunter.

"Will he be able to carry on?" Garet's voice came over the verbrater.

"Well I wouldn't advise it but it should be ok." Riqimo replied, packing away what was left after patching RK up.

I'll be fine, my head hurts like hell, but I will be fine." Rk got up off the ground, brushing the snow off of his uniform. The stinging pain coming from the wound was bearable, but the winds and the snow were starting to get to him.

"Let's leave the speeders here"

RK stood in the back, Riqimo was right in front of him, probably to make sure he would be okay, and to help if anything went wrong. They marched for a good while before Jag took a shot, RK looked up half startled from the shot, but escited to find out there would be some more action. RK took aim taking out on of the gaurds in mere seconds, the hard part was getting the four gaurds' in the tower.

"RK, your the stealth of this operation, think you can get up there without alarming them?" Garet looked back as he talked through the comlink, RK didn't say a word for a while, he was trying to see if he could take them down from the ground.

"Depends, problem is it's heavily gaurded chances are slim I can get up there without being detected, specially with this armor, even if I did, I might not come back down alive." RK took his sights back on the tower, then continued. "If I could get under one of those spikes I might have a chance, but in armor, it's kinda hard."

"Scratch that then, we need to take them out some other way, we will have to blow the without alarming them before hand." Garet looked at RK again, this time he said nothing, RK just stood there staring into space. "RK, can you at least get the bomb's on to blow that thing up?"

"what about alarming the other Tower?" This time it was Jag who responded, RK still stood there dumbfounded.

"That's a risk we will have to take, secondly, RK would you wake up!" Garet looked in RK's general direction, this time the only response was what sound like a small scream for help, then his comm went silent as he fell face first in the ground.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

TRP/LCPL
RK/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES] [2nd Class]

" I am the best at what I do. Only what i do isn't very nice." - Wolverine

"I have wept over to many graves." -Magneto, God loves, Man kills.
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 17, 2006 7:08:52 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Cadet

Tnepres

Post Number:  217
Total Posts:  585
December 17, 2006 7:00:38 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Talstorin dragged himself to the lower level, Yillis by his side.  He didn't like the idea of this whole "Bomb" idea.  Since when was Wraith a demolition squad?  Yillis began quickly, running to a ship, attaching a bomb onto it.  Talstorin, on the other hand, took his time, crawling into the cockpit of fighter, slothfully readying the missiles.  He dully pressed the fire button, sending two missiles straight at a cluster of ships on the other side of the hanger.  Exploding on impact, the missiles erupted in flares, the force sending a couple of smalls ships on the side crashing into the wall, the medium sized ship in the middle was set aflame.  Woopity doo da  Talstorin rolled his eyes, jumping out of the cockpit of the fighter.  Concussion missiles weren't as fun as real ground combat, it was surprisingly dull actually.  He strolled towards Yillis to retrieve some explosives.  Yillis turned to face him as he approached.  Talstorin opened his mouth to talk but was interrupted by a click followed by static noises. 

"What was that?" asked Talstorin, a bit confused.

"Oh," Yillis looked around.  "That must be comlink inside that helmet I took a long with me."

Talstorin blinked, narrowing his eyes after.  "What?"  Yillis bent down and grabbed a helmet, a storm commando helmet. 

"Here, catch."  Yillis tossed Talstorin the helmet, who caught it easily.  The comlink inside the helmet clicked again.  A voice was suddenly heard from it. 

"Delta Squad Leader, do you read?"  The voice was panicked, something was up.  "Hello?  Delta Squad, are you there?"  Talstorin looked up at Yilllis, who answered with the same look.  Nervously, Talstorin placed the helmet near his mouth.

"Yes, Delta Squad Leader, reporting," he said at last.  His voice was unbelievably shakey.  They were in trouble.

"Did you reach the hanger yet?"  The voice seemed more relaxed now.

"Erm, no, we  um  took a wrong turn."

"Delta, what is wrong?  It isn't like you to take a wrong turn."

"I was- um- tired.  Now what's wrong?"

"We've received news that several explosives have gone off in the hanger.  Get to there immediately.  The VE troops must have packed some firepower."

"Yea, we heard as well, we're approaching the hanger as we speak."  There was a long pause.  Talstorin looked up at Yillis.  The ASL gave him a thumbs up and whispered.  "Think of something clever."

Talstorin looked back down.  He faked a laugh into the helmet.  "Hehe."

"Reached it yet?"

"Yea, those morons blew themselves up."

"How is that possible?"

"Um- I don't know."  Yillis smacked his forehead, causing Talstorin to quickly speak again.  "Er, I mean, I'm not sure but they're splattered on the ground.  I told you those troops were full of themselves.  They used obvious techniques and now they miscalculated and blew themselves up while attempting to take out the station.  That was probably their mission.  Erm- to destroy the base."

"Ah, I see.  Very good.  Clean it up and return."

Talstorin blinked, thinking of an answer.  "What am I?  You're janitor?  Clean it up yourselves.  We'll be returning in a sec.  Mission accomplished."

"Arrogant as always, I see," responded the voice.  Yillis sighed with relief.  Talstorin smiled inside his helmet.  He picked the right words.  "Hey, you're voice seems different.  What happened?"

Talstorin looked down again.  "None of you business."

"I demand to know."

Talstorin looked at Yillis, who answered with a shrug.  "Um-  Puberty.  Bye now."  With that, he ripped the speaker out of the helmet.  A silence fell over the two squad members.  Yillis looked at Talstorin then finally they both bursted into laughter, collapsing on the floor.

"Puberty!  Good one!"  Yillis high-fived the trooper.  "I'll finish this level, tell the others what happened."

Talstorin nodded, and ran up.  That went well, they think Wraith is gone now and everyone was great.  He wore a great grin.  Ah!  I love this job

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1006
Total Posts:  1884
December 17, 2006 7:06:44 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami's hands were locked in a vice grip about the controls of the GX, the sound of her thudding heartbeat pounding loudly in her ears as she spun the hovervan into another series of crazy defensive maneuvers. The structure of the GX shuddered as it was pushed to its limits once again by its slightly suicidal driver, then steadied as it weaved around to face the AT-ST that was advancing upon the three virtually helpless Dragoons.

"Zafo, Sam? Um, help!" Kael's voice burst out over the commlink, slightly panicked as the three opened fire on the advancing mech only to have their bolts fly harmlessly off the reinforced armor.

"I'm kind of busy here," Came Zafo's gritty response, "Shields are barely holding. I won't be able to get to you."

"I'm dealing with some anti-mech units," Sam's voice was no less stressed, "Get the hell out of there."

Kami turned back to where Sayah was still crouched behind her, "Out of the van, now!"

"What? You're joking right?" Sayah responded in disbelief.

"I'm giving you a direct order," Kami snapped back as a series of blaster bolts grazed the side of the hovervan, "Get out of the van now."

Obviously still confused, Sayah automatically responded to the authority in Kami's tone and came to his feet, "Yes Ma'am."

Reaching out, he unlocked the hatch, shouldered his E-11 and dived out into the swirling blizzard beyond, leaving Kami alone in the mech.

Centering her gaze on the lone mech before her, Kami slammed the accelerator of the GX down and spoke calmly into her earpiece, "I'm coming."

The hovervan lurched underneath her, bucking wildly as it collided with a group of unlucky enemy snowtroopers. Unperturbed, Kami corrected the slight skew in her course and watched the numbers on the monitor before her as they continued to flash upwards to display her correct speed.

103kph...161kph...218kph

The three Dragoons barely visible before her were now in a full flight retreat from the AT-ST, which was calmly tracking its superheated lasers in their wake.

239kph...

"Get to the protection of the tanks," Kami broadcast to her squad members, recognizing the audible click on the console before her as an admission that the top speed of the hovervan had been attained.

260kph...

The GX hit a large clump of snow and gained air, roaring towards the head of the mech at an incredible speed. The AT-ST realized its danger at the last moment, its guns swiveling ineffectively to meet the threat of a huge, speeding chuck of durable metal. Free of her restraints but now subject to the enormous forces around her, Kami didn't see the AT-ST open fire, nor did she see its occupants helmeted faces as the viewport of the hovervan made contact with the mechs face.

She only had one hand on the door of the hovervans hatch when she world around her filled with flame...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

PA/GSG_Kami/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 17, 2006 7:18:48 PM)]
Urakai
ComNet Novice

Urakai

Post Number:  35
December 17, 2006 7:54:26 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
"Kami! What are you doing?!" Zafo yelled into the comlink as Kami ripped up the snow and air.

All troopers stood stunned at within a few seconds, the hover van took flight and crashed a full pace into the AT-ST's face. A huge explosion riveted the air as the extreme speed and force into the AT-ST sent it doing a backflip in mid air right before exploding in oblivion! Before anyone could react, Kael remembered something camouflaged in white fly out of the vehicle.

"KAMI!" Zafo, Urakai and Durandal yelled while Sam, desperate to know what was happening yelled in his comlink although no one cared. Sprinting, Kael came upon a motionless body on the snowy ground. It was Kami, her helmet cracked open from the impact, lying unconscious in the middle of the battlefield.

"Sayah... H-he's dead!" Urakai said stumbling back and almost falling over.

Kael, looking up with furious eyes turned to see a snowtrooper bursting at them. Raising his rifle, Urakai, Kael and Durandal were about to fire before a voice racketed through the comlink, "Hold your fire! It's me, Sayah!"

Urakai, looking down and responded, "Good to know at least someone survived."

Sayah, running up and seeing Kami's unconscious body made him stop in his tracks. "I thought she was crazy&.."

"Let's go!" Kael shouted as he and Durandal picked Kami up and began running towards Zafo's tank.

Sayah and Urakai gave some protection although not really concentrating. Zafo jumped from the hatch and quickly help Kami down into the tank.

"Durandal" Zafo motioned for him to come inside as he got his first aid kit out.

"We are more vulnerable now. We've lost our diversion and a good trooper." Urakai complained as he tried to offer some means of help.

"We must go on foot now. Urakai, Kael, you guys got your grenade launchers?" Sayah said, lifting his own.

Kael, still looking down, lifted his grenade launcher but Urakai was not the same, "Uhh, no. I left mine in the... hover van&." He said slowly, looking up with pitiful eyes.

Shaking his head, Urakai jumped up onto the tank and peeked down the hatch, "Is she alive?"

"Yes, but maybe not for much longer. If the fall fractures don't kill her or the burns, this coldness will." Zafo spoke grabbing a blanket trying to kep her warm.

Urakai jumped over to were Sayah and Kael were. "What now?" he asked, wanting to do something other than sit there and feel responsible, for jumping out in the first place and attracting the AT-ST's attention.

"Let's find us another AT-ST when Sam is done. You alone can't be a distraction Urakai." Kael said with humour but no one finding it humorous.

"Right, I'll go in there and contact him, you guys wait out here". Kael said again, jumping onto the tank.

Looking up with intensive hearing, Urakai heard explosions and blasts going off in the distance. That might be another one and it sounds too close...

"I hear it too... Sam hurry!"

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
TRP/PFC Urakai/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoC]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 17, 2006 7:55:35 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  285
Total Posts:  903
December 17, 2006 8:05:48 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 

(For NightStalkers)

Kantar peered through the snow, but all he could see were the remains of the last squad they'd picked off. He felt uneasy. What if what they were doing was all for naught? What if Wraith squad hadn't even made it into the facility alive. Inside the walls, a great booming explosion suddenly sounded off. The squad looked that way, trying to make something out through the blowing snow, but nothing could be seen. Well, maybe it's not all lost.

"Alright guys, these towers aren't going to destroy themselves...let's get going."

With a roar the jetpacks came on at the same time, and the squad shot up into the clouds. Although the ground looked like a giant cloud itself. Mixed with the blizzard around them, the smoke from burning wreckage clouded everything, limiting visibility drastically. Through his helmet, the small blue lights flashing above each of his squadmates was about the only clear thing to be seen this high up in the sky.

The blue dot in front of him sped ahead, so Kantar followed. Around him the squad readjusted and moved along Kantar and Kairo. Below him, the battle raged, flashes muted by the clouds appearing every few seconds. Kantar was glad he wasn't down there. From the flooded comm signals coming from below, it sounded like a mess.

The squad started to dip, angling toward the next tower. It came in view, a fuzzy outline in the snow. Blaster fire was coming from it sporadically, into the mess below. Kantar raised his rifle, mimicking the rest of the squad. Their blasters started to rain death onto the tower.

Tannar looked up from the carnage below, his snowtrooper armor shaking off the snow that had gathered while he sat in the tower. In the sky, he'd thought he'd seen something. But there seemed to be noth--wait, there! Something glinted off the dim light the sun was providing. And, there again! Tannar hefted his rifle smoothly into a position on his shoulder, and peered through the scope.

"Seven," he murmured to himself quietly. Seven troopers with jetpacks, and coming in fast.

Tannar checked the clip. Full. Good. He peered back in the scope again. They were starting to bear down toward the tower. He aimed at the nearest one and placed his finger on the trigger. All too late he noticed that their rifles were raised, and pointing toward the tower. The last thing he saw was a red dot erupting from one of the rifles, bearing toward him.

Kantar grinned under his helmet. The first shot he'd taken had produced a neat hole in the helmet of one of the troopers. His limp body tumbled over the railing and into the fog below. More shots lanced out, stabbing at the helpless snowtroopers on the tower. Before they knew what hit them, they were all dead. Kicking his feet outward, Kantar landed heavily on the top of the tower.

"Get charges set. And make it a little quicker this time," Kairo ordered with a chuckle. The tower came down with a magnificent crash, sending snow flying into the air. The squad, flying just above the wreckage, turned to fly toward the next tower. Two down, three to go.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/LCP Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 8:06:12 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 17, 2006 8:13:33 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

Post Number:  1007
December 17, 2006 8:40:31 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami awoke with a start, her body erupting into a wave of agony as her she battled her way to consciousness.

"Geezus, she's awake."

The foggy world around Kami sharpened, revealing the concerned impressions on the faces hovering above her head.

"Kams," One of the heads floated closer, strangely familiar despite its blurry features, "Can you hear me?"

The floor beneath Kami shuddered abruptly before she could answer, causing the faces before her to turn away.

"That wasn't blaster fire," One was saying, the movement of his lips not matching in time with the sound of his words, "Two AT-ST's incoming."

Kami closed her eyes, desperately trying to stop the world around her from spinning. She forced her mind to ignore the pain that racked her body, emanating from a dozen hotspots across her back, arms and legs. She was here for a purpose...and that was?

"They're the last two," Another male voice jutted through her attempt to regain perception, its sound distorted, "Intercept them before they break away."

His voice is distorted because it's coming through a communications system. The voice of reason at the back of Kami's head caused her eyes to come flying open once again. The spinning world about her slowed, then steadied, revealing the faces of Durandal and Urakai. Your squad members.

"Duran," Kami's voice grated free of her dry throat, "What's happening?"

The young private jumped, looking down at her in disbelief, "Gunny! God! You need to get some more rest; half of your suit is burnt away."

Cringing slightly from a renewed assault of pain, Kami pulled herself up to sitting position, seeing Kael and Sayah sitting nearby watching her with stunned expressions.

"What?" Kami arched an eyebrow at the recruits, "Never seen a burnt chick before?"

"If you boys are getting out, now is the time!" Zafo turned around from the drivers seat, tilting his head at the two AT-ST's visible through the small viewport.

Stirred back into action by the proximity of the mechs, the four Dragoons readied launchers and climbed through the open hatch and back outside. Shivering uncontrollably without the protection afforded by her suit's controls, which now consisted of a clump of wires springing free from her chest plate, Kami wrapped the emergency blanket tighter about her slim form and shuffled forward to look out over Zafo's shoulder.

"This doesn't look good."

Zafo's fingers flew over the controls in response, "If you can survive a full speed collision with an AT-ST, we can survive this."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Urakai
ComNet Novice

Urakai

Post Number:  37
December 17, 2006 9:38:08 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
Glancing into the censors, indeed, two giant AT-ST's were striding towards their position. They were the last two and their ticket to an easier job.

"Urakai, go with Sayah and get their attention from behind before they see us! If they are standing right next to each other, we can get clear shots at both" Zafo ordered.

Urakai opened the hatch and climbed out before Sayah. They slid down the side of the repulsortank as it began backing up. They moved fast but not to be seen by the mechanical movement that was making more clanking by the second. They soon found a mini hill and took cover under that as they waited patiently as the walkers came into view.

"This is going to be fun" Sayah smirked, getting his grenade launcher ready.

"What's that?" Urakai questioned and things around the legs of the two walkers moved with them, "Oh hell&.."

"Snowtroopers!" yelled Sayah quietly, getting a closer glimps. "This is going to be hard".

"No, no, this is good, this way we get their attention without wasting ammo." Urakai said raising his E-11, "After you".

Sayah launched the grenade into the middle of them but to their surprise, the snowtroopers saw in and each dove out of the way before it exploded, causing the AT-STs to stop and turn aroud. This was not a total loss though, half the squad had dived away from the grenade to be squashed by the AT-ST's foot. The two troopers fell back howling with laughter before deciding to run. As they did, a sniper fired directly at Urakai, missing his head by an inch!

Looking back, Urakai screamed, "RUN!"

Quickly, Urakai fired some shots to throw him off balance as the rest of the squad and the AT-STs chased them. Reloading his grenade launcher, Sayah turned around and fired at the charging squad that was not close enough to fire and they did. The two troopers dove for cover but it did not help as they had already been spotted, and then hell came. The AT-ST's opened fire, exploding everywhere around them, making escape impossible until the fire was gone. Where the hell is Zafo and them?!

"Zafo?! Where the hell are you?!" Urakai screamed at the comlink.

Just as Urakai and Sayah turned to fire, Urakai was hit on his right arm's bicep. The explosion made Urakai howl in pain before falling over to cool his arm off in the snow. With determined eyes, he looked up at Sayah who was stunned and yelled, "RUN!!!" Sayah did not.

Getting up, Urakai fired with all the strength left in him, although his shots only getting within a few inches of the troopers. Then Sayah pilled his arm as four more giant blasts were shot from the mechs. Exploding just behind them, both troops fell forward in the snow from the heat and force of the explosions. Urakai quickly tried to get up and Sayah helped him before saying, "We need to split up!" Bolting, Urakai ran in the opposite direction as Sayah but his physical strength had worn out.

Urakai plunged face first into the freezing cold below. As his helmet smashed against the ice, he heard a large crack. Oh hell... I broke my neck... Suddenly, he realised it was not his neck, or his spine... But the ice. Sticking his head up, he heard more cracks, this baby was about to blow, but not yet. He had realised that when he and Sayah were running, the ice they ran on got thinner and thinner. It was like an upside down hill of ice, and he scolded and let his head fall again when he realised that he would be dead by the time the AT-STs got there. Damnit Zafo! His comlink buzzed and then went out. More cracks appeared on the surface.

"Zafo?" he questioned the comlink. It buzzed again but this time Zafo spoke, "Urakai, Sayah! Get back here now! We are surrounded by thrawn's troops and need you two to sneak up behind them! We can't hold em for long! Hu-" the comlink buzzed out.

In the distance, he could here giant legs clanking. It's not over&. Yet! Urakai picked up his strength once more and pulled out his E-11. If I make a big enough crack here, maybe it will also break up the ice over there... With his concussion grenade he brought along, he pulled the pin, threw it a a few metres away, and began blasting.

With an enormous explosion, an enormous crack made the ice around him shatter. The shattering was like dominos until the ice got too thick. Urakai dropped into the icy water. His body was numb, he tried kicking a swimming up but he could not. When he opened his eyes underwater, they stung intensely from the cold, but Urakai could make out giant objects sinking lower and lower. The sinking sucked down all the squad members and kept sucking them.

Urakai began pushing with all his might, he was now desperate to brake the surface, but he could not...

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
TRP/PFC Urakai/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 17, 2006 9:40:06 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

Post Number:  1008
December 17, 2006 10:40:30 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami watched through the viewport as Sayah and Urakai charged off towards the AT-ST's without hesitation.

"Impressive what desperation can make us do," Kami murmured to Zafo as he brought the tank around in preparation of a slugging match.

Zafo let out a burst of bitter laughter, "This would be funny if it wasn't the real deal."

"Our AT-ST is down," Sam's voice interrupted over the comm., "We're enroute to your position now."

"I doubt they'll get here in time," Kami forced her shaking legs underneath her; "I'm getting on the guns."

Zafo nodded and accelerated forwards, maneuvering the tank towards where Urakai and Scout had now let loose with their grenade launcher. The walkers reacted, hitting back with a stream of deadly lasers. Now seated behind one of the repulsortanks blaster cannons, Kami watched in horror as the two troopers turned and fled across the ice, the AT-ST's in hot pursuit.

"Those support troopers aren't following," Zafo yelled from the front of the tank, "They're coming in our direction."

"Anti-mech troopers," Kami responded as they drew nearer, a lump forming in her throat, "They have launchers."

Hearing Zafo curse from the front of the tank, Kami swung the cannon before her around and pulled the trigger, sending a swath of lasers in the direction of the incoming troopers. Whilst most burnt harmlessly into the surrounding snow, the danger they posed caused the squad to halt momentarily, allowing Zafo to turn the tank enough to bring the heavy laser cannon to bear. Both Dragoons let loose, turning the destructive blaster fire of the tank on the surrounding countryside. The enemy squad, whilst initially intimidated, responded quickly, fanning out with a mobility that the tanks guns were unable to match.

"Figures we get the professionals," Zafo spat, activating the comm., "Kael, Durandal, can you see them?"

"We can't get a clear shot from where we are Sarge," Came the response, "The winds picking up."

"Zafo! Where the hell are you!" Urakai's scream broke over the connection, the sound of the mechs in the background almost drowning him out, "Zafo?!"

"Urakai, Sayah! Get back here now!" Zafo replied, "We're surrounded and can't take them out without additional supp..."

An explosion rocked the tank, dimming the lights and sending Kami flying from her position behind the cannon. A scream of pain burst free from her throat as the burnt flesh of her back connected with the steel floor, black dots threatening to obscure her vision. Pulling air into her lungs, Kami forced herself back to her feet and stumbled towards the front of the tank which was now blanketed by smoke.

"Zaf?" She plunged headfirst into the smog, throwing out her hands in an attempt to find the pilot's seat, "Zaf!"

"Here." Zafo's weak reply was all she need to zone in on his position, "I'm pinned. The bastards can aim."

Grasping the leather of the pilot's seat, Kami ran her hands over Zafo's armored chest to where the restraints had shifted and pinned his arms in place. Steeling herself, she pulled on the restraints with all of her might, feeling the wire material cut deep into the soft flesh of her palms. The restraints stubbornly held for a moment, then unclasped. Zafo leapt free, throwing an arm under Kami's shoulder to support her,

"We need to get out of here; the next shot will finish us off."

The two Dragoons stumbled back through the smoke towards the hatch as the console where Zafo had been seated burst into flames, fueled by the dying electricity of the tank. Kami went out first, gasping as the full force of the winter wind hit her, sapping all that was left of her warmth from her body. Zafo was close on her heels, the technology in his helmet affording him a view that Kami no longer hand, "Sithspawn! Jump!"

The two Dragoons cast themselves from the roof of the repulsortank just as the second missile struck home, tearing through the dented armor at the side of the mech. The tank wobbled for a second, then imploded, the interior ripping outwards in a display of pure light and heat into the clear sky. Surrounded by pieces of falling, superheated metal, Kami and Zafo stumbled away from the tank as it continued to self destruct, the force of another explosion knocking them from their feet as the cannons erupted.

Numb, in utter pain, and weaponless, Kami gripped Zafo's arm tightly as he brought both of them back to their feet, "We have to get to Sam."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 18, 2006 12:09:07 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  166
December 17, 2006 10:55:09 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

"Oh shit," Riqimo muttered to himself as RK fell into the snow, "Guys, give him some room."

Can we possibly be a little more careful and avoid injury from now on? Riqimo asked himself.

Garet got down on his knees next to Riqimo, "What the hell happened?"

"Uh, the wound he got, it must have clotted pretty bad with all the cold, stress, and everything else.  That clot probably spread and cut down on the oxygen traveling to his brain."

"Okay then, Phenix, Jag and Jelly, see what you can do about placing the explosives on the towers, Typex and I will try to help Riq here."

The three gave their affirmatives and then turned towards the tower.

"Okay guys," Riqimo tried to keep his voice calm, "carefully take his helmet off, I'm gonna find something to thin his blood."

Tearing through his med kit, Riqimo tried to find that blood thining agent, Where the hell is it?  Riqimo was starting to worry that he had dropped it or forgot to pack it, thenhe suddenly found it.  Heaving a sigh of relief, Riqimo filled his siringe with the blueish fluid.

"Typex, I need you to call some form of help, let them know where we are, if we are luckly, you can get the Dragoons to get their hover van over here."

Typex turned to his comlink and began trying to get help.  Meanwhile, Riqimo inserted the needle into RK's neck and pushed the fluid in.

"Okay," Riqimo tried to calm himself by talking to himself, "I cannot do CPR, his heart is still beating, barely, but still beating.  I'm going to have to do EAR," Riqimo began preparing to force air into RK's lungs, hoping that the blood agent would work fast enough.

After about five minutes, RK was breating normally again, but was still in his sleep-like trance.

"Is he still going to be alright," Garet asked.

"Uh, Riq," Typex came on, "I can't get help.  I did get the Dragoons, but the hover van is, uh, out of order"

Riqimo turned to Garet, "I can't get him to open his eyes, I need to evacuate him back NOW."

Garet was silent, trying to decide what to do, then Jag came back with the others, "The explosives are set, we just push this little red button and then a nice big boom will happen ten minutes later."

Riqimo urgently said, "I don't have much time, you guys go ahead, Jag take RK's swoop, I'll put him on mine and take him back, you guys need to move on.  I'll join up with you before the assault."

The squad looked silently at Riqimo, who now was refusing to complete the mission at the costs of a trooper's life that was in his hands.

Then RK broke the silence with a snoring sound, and Riqimo quickly turned to RK, "Okay guys he might be better off than I thought, but he is still not in tip-top shape. Give me a few minutes, if I cannot wake him, I am evacuating him."

Garet gave a slight nod, knowing that Riqimo would do this even if it was against his orders.

Luckily, however, RK started coming to, muttering something about a "Rachel"

"That's his girlfriend," Jag explained, "sounds better if he's saying that."

"Yeah," Riqimo agreed, starting to give a small dosage of a stimulant to RK. Riqimo's Verdicator started sending rapid pulses up Riqimo's arm.  "All right boys, he is stable again, he has started some REM cycles and once I give him this, he'll be as awake as a caffine loaded Jawa, which trust me isn't exactly pretty," Riqimo siad as he pulled out a sinister looking needle.

RK immediately jumped up, and Riqimo quickly gave the proper counter-dosage to calm him down before the enemy became aware of their presence.

RK stampered, cold without his helmet, "Wh..at hap...pen...ddd?"

Phenix handed RK his helmet, which Phenix had patched up.

Riqimo began slowly explaining the situation that RK had been through.

"You gave us quite a scare," Jelly Bean added at the end.

"Sorry guys, I guess I wasn't really okay."

"Actually you are now, I would give you a tip top shape physically right now, you are slightly fatigued mentally right now, but then we all are, so you are on par with the rest of us."

"Uh, guys?" Jag interuppted, "I accidentally pushed the button..."

Garet quickly turned his head to Jag, "What?"

Jag showed the squad the pushed button.

The squad began running to their speeders without a second thought, except for RK who was sitting on the snow confused.  Riqimo ran back, "Come on, run!  The tower is going to blow in about nine minutes!"

RK quickly grasping the situation, started running with Riqimo.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
Urakai
ComNet Novice

Urakai

Post Number:  38
December 17, 2006 11:47:32 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
As the crack in his helmet kept greeting water, Urakai's chest was crushing him inside. Guess this is it. Go dark dragoons. Give 'em... hell...

Out of the darkness of the water, light burst. A gripping hand pulled Urakai's frozen body from the depths and out of the water. His helmet popped open, letting all the water run out. With a scream, Urakai sucked in as much air as his body could take before releasing it and repeating the process. He yelled in agony, his body was shaking violently, the cold was catastrophic. As a human, he should have died long ago from the cold, but he did not. Urakai's eyes were frozen and he could not see anything but blur. The person's hand reached to the back of Urakai's suit and activated the emergency heat system. Although it was thawing his body back, he was still dying of the cold.

His mind was not in his body, it was drifting in a lake of confusion, unaware of anything. In the background he could see a blurry explosion followed by blasts but he could only hear muffled sounds. His rescuer turned back in surprise, picked up Urakai and ran with him on his back. Urakai turned his head back and saw white, nothing more, nothing less. Before he could realise what was going on, everything went black.

Wake..... Wake up! Urakai opened his eyes to the coldness of the blizzard. He was lying on the ground and had feeling in his arms and legs now. His vision slowly came back to him, though he had no helmet. The freezing wind caught his face and he was forced to close his eyes once more. Once his face got used to the constant coldness on his face, he opened his eyes to see a trooper lying on the snow a few feet away. Urakai stumbled as he got up but when he did, he took the troopers helmet off to reveal Sayah. He put the helmet back on and tried to wake him, "Sayah!"

"Argh!!!" Sayah yelled, scrambled to his knees, then feet.

Raising his E-11, he said, "Urakai. What happened? Where are the snowtroops that were chasing me?"

"I-I don't know" Urakai said in confusion.

Looking around, he responded, "The AT-ST went after me. Risked my life to come back for you, when I got you out of there I had to bury us in the snow to hide."

Urakai was dazzled because his mind was just coming out of a brain freeze but he understood, "Thanks."

"No problem, saved your E-11 to" Sayah said, throwing him his rifle.

"Zafo... He's in trouble."

"Yeah, I heard him too, and you aren't in a very good shape either." Sayah responded.

"No, I'm fine, let's go."

After ten minutes of trudging through the thick snow, they finally reached the destination of where the repulsortank was. Both troopers jumped back as the horror burst through them. They stumbled back, seeing large ruins of the repulsortank being searched through by an anti-mech demolition team. With a few rifles and a lot of laucncher tubes, the two had only a small chance of defeating them, but when they were done being sad, rage would boil in them that could motivate a wamprat to kill a rancor.

"Let's go" Urakai told Sayah as if he was never there, and he began running. Towards the squad that had killed half of their squad members. With dead accurate shots and the element of surprise, they killed three troopers in their first assault before finding cover in the wreck.

"They're preparing for rocket launch!" shouted Sayah, diving out into the field, firing, as Urakai covered him. Urakai shot the trooper with the launcher tube right between the eyes. He did not smirk or get a good feeling inside of him. He was rage and they were nothing. He then jumped up and proned on top of the wreckage to take out the rest of the troopers taking cover...

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 17, 2006 11:50:30 PM)]
Phenix
ComNet Initiate

Phenix

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  164
Total Posts:  186
December 17, 2006 11:57:34 PM    View the profile of Phenix 
    If his gun wasn't holstered on, Phenix would have ditched it in the tower. The first notion that ran through Phenix's mind was to run as far as possible. As soon as the squad were outisde the premises of the tower, however, enemy fire rained down on them.

"It figures we can't get an easy exit!" JB called out. It seemed as though the VE troops were pushing Thrawn's army back more effectively than they believed. Phenix could see that within the next few events, the VE would almost be covering the major part of the whole western front. With that, the enemy troops were beginning to assemble closer defensive strategies inside the base. This meant trouble for Eclipse.

"Over to that covered area!" Garet called, pointing to a low trench to the south. There were enemy troops occupying it, but not too many for the squad to handle. To Phenix, it looked like a generally disregarded area, somewhere for the last line of troops to fall back in.

Phenix was the first one to dive in, completely taking the enemy soldiers by surprise. Our camo must be better than I realized, Phenix concluded. He drove the butt of his rifle into the first soldiers helmet, but barely managed to crack it. Garet and JB provided cover fire from atop the trench as Phenix began blasting away targets from down below. It seemed effective enough, until an enemy trooper managed to get in close enough to Phenix.

Looking over his shoulder, Phenix barely caught sight of the Stormtrooper bearing the Thrawn insignia. Before he could react, Phenix was grabbed from behind by another soldier.

"Hold!" Garet called to the rest of the squad. "They're too close to shoot." Before any of his team members could jump in to aid him, Phenix's assailant tore off the control cables for his helmet. Along with those, his temperature control system.

A sudden wave of cold rushed over Phenix's eyes. He could not keep his eyes open, he could not concentrate, and he could not fight back. All Phenix knew at that very moment was the biting cold tearing at his face, as his opponent managed to remove his helmet and smash his fist into his face. If Phenix could have had only another second, he would have been spared by Garet's bold attack on the enemy.

-----    -----    -----

Garet Daimun grabbed visciously at the enemy's head and snapped it with pure vengeance. His partner barely had a moment to realize before he was gunned down by the entire remaining squad. At least we managed to clear this trench, Garet thought.

"He's going to freeze within a matter of minutes if he doesn't get some heat!" Riqimo's voiced piped up over everyone's individual thoughts. No one had any quick solution. Already, Phenix's tone began to change, becoming more and more pale as the seconds rolled on. To everyone, the seconds felt quicker than they should have been.

The entire squad jumped into the trench, forming a circle around Phenix and grouping in tight. They all knew that the only way to preserve some much-needed time for Phenix was to eliminate the wind and provide as much warmth as possible.

Still barely conscious, Phenix's thoughts raced through his mind as a pattern of words and images. He knew what his squad tried to do for him. He could feel the difference. And, as an epiphany, he realized at that very moment exactly what it's like to be part of a greater team, as a true family.

-----    -----    -----

No one even paid attention to what was going on for that brief moment. Not even the howling of the wind phased them. Breaking the silence, Jag peered down at the timer.

"3...2...1..."

-----------------------
Corporal Phenix
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
EclipseSquad

ASL/CPL Phenix/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
Durandal
ComNet Novice

Durandal

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  158
December 18, 2006 12:47:35 AM    View the profile of Durandal 
Durandal shouldered his E-11 with one strap on his left shoulder, and his duffel bag on his right shoulder, and carried his grenade launcher out into the cold snow. Kael was right behind him. Urakai had already ran off with Sayah to take out the troopers as much as they could, Durandal decided to play it smart and loop around the other way. Motioning to Kael, they loop to the west, under the cover of the blizzard they reached a small mound of snow, on one side was Zafo and his tank, fighting the Troopers, and on the other was Sam's Tank, 800 meters to the west. He looked back down and set down his duffel bag, and opened it, grabbing his DC-17. It was time to put her into action.

He pushed in the first anti armor clip, and looked down to see one of the AT-ST's missing and the other heading toward a demolished repulsorlift. He aimed at the walker and fired, all four round in two seconds. The explosions ran right after another, cracking along the side of the walker and in the main swivel joint.

The walker paused, and as the last hit scored at the swivel point, it collapsed. There was no dramatic explosion, the top was mangled so bad that the hatch wouldn't open, and as the walker collapsed, it buried itself halfway in the snow. There was little chance the troops inside could get out, or would survive long after they did manage to get out.

Durandal picked up his grenade launcher and strapped it over his back, and picked up his duffel bag.

"Thats.. a hell of a gun there." Said Kael, looking quietly at him. He looked back to the field, and he saw a slight movement. Quickly Kael raised his own grenade launcher, and with precision fired just ahead of the moving specs. It was a long shot, but one of them had been taken down, and Durandal confirmed this with the magnification on his HUD.

"You get down there now, Kami and Zaf are gonna need help, watch out for the troopers, i'm going to get a clear line with Sam, and see if he can't get his arse over here, and then proceed to cover you guys, distracting them while you get Kami to safety and see to it Zafo is alright." Said Durandal, pointing from the back of the wrecked repulsorlift to the snow mounds where he had last seen the enemy troopers.

"Right," Kael said, and Durandal watched for a second as Kael dashed down the snowey hill, they He turned toward Sam and Opened up a channel.

"Sam, if your out there, we really need you here, or else we will have some dead troo-" a laser inturrupted him as a shot from his right hit him in the arm, knocking him down. He scrambled and reached in his open duffel bag, grabbing his DC with his left hand. It felt so awkward and heavy in just that one hand, but he drew it up, and pointed it to the north. He looked to see a stormtrooper, hitting the side of his weapon, a thin layer of ice over it. Durandal smiles at his wonderful fortune and shot of a burst of laser. The trooper fell, and Durandal shot him again, making sure he was dead.

Getting up proved to be a lil painful with all the armor and weapons on him, so he sat in the freezing snow, "Durandal, i'm on my way now, give me your co-ordinates will ya?"

Durandal shook his head for a second and repleid, "sure, we are due 800 meters to the east of you, in grid 13 by 24."

"13 by 24, on my way..."

[ooc: i love to leave cliff hangers ]

-----------------------
Without our rifles and our brothers, we are nothing.

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. -Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Puller (when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions)
-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC Durandal/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

Post Number:  1009
December 18, 2006 1:02:41 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami and Zafo stumbled forwards through the snow; Kami's breathing becoming more haggard with each step. She was actually thankful for the fiery pain of her burns, as without it there was little feeling remaining in her body thanks to the extreme cold. The blizzard around them had intensified until the two Dragoons could see no more than a few meters around them, although the screams and cries of battle were as audible as before over the roaring wind.

"There they are!"

Both troopers started as a Snowtrooper appeared abruptly out of the wall of white before them, his weapon raised. Zafo's hand went to his rifle, his finger curling about its trigger before Kami cast out an arm, "No, it's Kael."

The young Dragoon offered a casual salute, "I'm glad the lady can recognize me, despite the shape I find her in." He walked about to Kami's left side and gently eased her free arm about his neck, "This way, the tank is nearby."

Kami allowed her two squad members to half drag, half carry her along for a few more minutes, only semi aware that she could no longer feel their presence next to her.

"There's Duran."

Another snowtrooper was abruptly with them, his rifle raised, "Vaynus's men are everywhere, scattered though. This blizzard has everyone confused. Sam's on his way but we'll need to be careful."

"We need to hurry," Zafo responded, "Kami has hypothermia."

"I'm fine," Kami slurred, her body convulsing despite her attempts to still, "Just give me a blaster."

"Oh no sister," Kael tightened his hold about her arm, preventing her from moving, "You're staying right where you are and letting us do the work, you've already saved our butts today, now it's our turn to save yours.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Urakai
ComNet Novice

Urakai

Post Number:  39
December 18, 2006 1:48:50 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
The two troopers rage had calmed now but not the blizzard. It pounded their bodies like knives and for Urakai, who had lost his helmet, breathing was soon harsh. After the battle their adrenaline had dropped but they were still determined to join up with Sam who they hoped was still alive.

"Sayah... We gotta find cover, or a helmet!" Urakai said, taking large breaths.

Sayah looked around before it clicked in his head, "Take one of the dead snowtroopers helmets." Sayah suggested.

Nodding at the good idea, Urakai searched the bodies until he found a helmet that was not ruined. Finding one, he slipped the helmet off to see a shrewd face stare right back at him. Jumping back with shock he dropped the helmet and blasted the face until all that was left was a burning skull. Looking down on the burnt carnage made him remember that day he came home to find his parents lying on the floor, burnt to the bone. A tear rang down his cheek, before freezing up, that he himself did it. Wiping the tear, he put the helmet on. It fit perfectly on his head although when he turned his head, it lit up on the helmet censors enemy, jumping back, Urakai fired dead accurate shots at the stormtrooper but right before they hit, the trooper jumped back and dove for cover.

"STOP IT!" Sayah screamed.

Urakai realised that he had just fired at Sayah, that he was wearing an enemy's helmet. He threw the thing on the ground with disgust and paced over to Sayah.

"Let's go find Sam" Urakai said, frustrated.

Sayah lent his E-11 on his should but white movement in the area cause him to stop and pull Urakai down, "I saw Snowtroopers!" gestured Sayah, leaning against the side of a burnt engine.

Wait, maybe It's Zafo and them, maybe they jumped out. I never saw any burnt bodies!

"Zafo! It's just us! Urakai and Sayah!" Urakai said now standing.

Sayah with astonished and confused eyes pulled Urakai back down while mouthing for him to shut up. Urakai ignored him and stood once again.

"Zafo?"

Then a deafening roar filled the air as stomps of a gorgodon sounded off as the ugly face began roaring as it began to run.

"Oh, not Zafo." Urakai said surprised, then gripping his E-11 as the shocked Sayah ran from his position to find cover.

In shock, Urakai pulled his comlink to his mouth and tried his hardest to utter the word, "help?"

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 18, 2006 1:49:24 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 18, 2006 1:50:39 AM)]
Durandal
ComNet Novice

Durandal

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  158
December 18, 2006 2:10:58 AM    View the profile of Durandal 
Durandal grabbed his DC, his new best friend, all his other equipment was in the duffel bage at his feet. He looked through his scope and read the distance between him and the tank: 214 meters and counting.

The tank was taking its time, to avoid ambushes, but after a minute of agonizing wait it finally got to Durandal. He walked to the back and hopped in, smiling at Galant and Sam, he dropped his duffel bag in a corner and sat knelt next to Sam watching the doors close shut.

"How've you been sir?" asked Durandal, curious about the current status of the battle and his comrads.

"We had some trouble, to say the least, nice little demolitions team nearly blew us sky high, but Galant managed to take a couple shots at them, got lucky enough to hit one, and their bomb blew up, killing them instead. Anyways, took out our AT and got your message, so we headed here. By the way you look like you've been through hell soldier, what happened to you?"

Durandal smiled and gripped his DC tighter and clicked the safety on, feeling better now. "We had some heavy resistance, Both foot and mech, we've finished with the mech's they are all out. I have yet to see Raiders in our immediate area, but im sure they'll get here soon, in the mean time We have at least three injured people, including myself, just over the hill, you should get us there now while i finished updating you." He pointed and Sam nodded, guiding the Tank in that direction.

"Kams has been thrashed, burnt all to hell, she'll need a new suit at some slight med attention." Durandal continued.

"We have some Bacta patches, that should be enough for now, and there are spare suits in the back of each tank, three i think, so we can salvage parts for broken suits and give her another one." Interuppted Sam.

Durandal nodded and looked out the view port, "There they are, to the south, 30 meters." Sam stopped next to them and Durandal walked to the back, and opened the hatch, and stood on the top of the ramp, looking down at that raggity remains of his squad."

-----------------------
Without our rifles and our brothers, we are nothing.

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. -Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Puller (when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions)
-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC Durandal/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

Post Number:  1010
December 18, 2006 2:25:37 AM    View the profile of Kami 
"Kams!"

The slow, gentle warmth that was creeping over her body felt far better than the pain and bitter cold that she had experiencing moments before.

"Kams, damnit, stay awake!"

Someone was shaking her, shaking away the warmth and brining back the burning pain. A moan broke free of Kami's lips as she desperately tried to regain the solitude that was just outside her grasp. The blackness...the warmth it offered.

"Get her in the tank."

Another voice, equally as annoying as the first, sounded near her ear. She felt multiple hands on her body, lifting her, tugging at her wounds. Another moan broke free of her lips as a wave of warmth flushed over her, brining with it the anguish of consciousness. With a gasp, Kami's eyes snapped open to take in the interior of the tank and the members of the Dark Dragoons squad that rested there. Sam was before her, his helmet off and his eyes concerned,

"Try to stay still Kami, we're applying bacta patches to your burns."

Letting her head roll back onto the shoulder behind her...Zafo's... Kami nodded, physically unable to speak due to fatigue.

"Get her one of the spare suits." Sam looked over at Galant, who nodded and pushed his way through his squadmates to the rear of the tank. Turning back to Kami, he offered a crooked smile, "Lucky I anticipated us ruining our gear."

"It is...kind of...out thing," Kami gasped back, the patches on her back slowly numbing the burning pain to a gentle sting, "Where are..."

"We're going to find Urakai and Sayah now." Sam answered, sliding his helmet back over his horns, "Just hang tight and get suited up. This fight is far from over"

Her SL spun on his feel and strode towards the forward cabin of the tank, "Someone get on those turrents, I don't want to lose this tank as well."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 18, 2006 2:26:34 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 18, 2006 2:27:24 AM)]
Kael
ComNet Novice

Kael

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  36
December 18, 2006 3:03:53 AM    View the profile of Kael 
"Dibs!"

Kael's grin was visible as he threw his helmet off and nearly ran  to the hover-tanks turret.

"Finally got something that can do more than mildly inconvenience Thrawns troops with annoying flashes of light"

Sam kicked the tank into gear and they slowly accelerated forward, a small voice echoed in Kael's ear

What was that?

Glancing down he saw the turret's headset and put it on, catching the end of a transmission

"....help?"

Sams voice came through strong

"Urakai and Sayah are in trouble, hold on to something people"

The tank shot forward as Sam floored it, the repulsorlifts kicking into overdrive at the  strain being forced upon it.

The weather still raged outside, the blizzard was now well and truly in full strength

How can anyone survive out there, let alone fight a battle?

Winds whipped upwards of 40 miles an hours and visibility was reduced to scant meters.

Sam was forced to rely totally upon sensor readings to guide them towards the missing Dragoon's members. Kael switched through gunnery settings on his headpiece until he found the infrared view. In this environment, heat signatures may stand out just a bit better then normal.

A cry from below drew Kael's attention and concern for his ASL bubbled up in the pit of his stomach. No one should have been able to survive through what she had in the last hour or so but she was still down there, even now changing armor and doing everything she could to get back into the fight.

In the old empire she would have never been able to fight, discrimination against women would have forced her into a administrative roll

The image of a Gunnery Sergeant Kami Sharpe in the latest fashion, answering phones brought a smile to Kael's face, that smile died as Sam called from below

"We're coming up on them now, keep an eye out...might be hard to see them in this weather"

Kael focused his thoughts and stared intently through the scope his main cannon, the complicated array of buttons and levers before him ignored as he found a trigger

This will do nicely

Galants voice called out

"9 o'clock!"

Kael swung the cannon around and was shocked at the sight that greeted him.

A fully grown gorgodon stood over a prostate form of a snowtrooper, his hud identified the trooper as Urakai, Sayah lay immobile not too far away.

The  gorgodon prodded Urakai's armor, as if trying to find a way into this strange, armored meal. It's small brain decided that it didn't matter and went with basic instinct, it's opened it's huge maw and snapped at Urakai's chest.....it never got there.

A large, emerald green laser bolt erupted through the creatures stomach, showering the helpless Urakai with it's gore. The gorgodon stared dumbly down at the hole in it's chest before the pain made it's way up to the creatures brain, letting out a cry of pure anguish it stumbled and fell, it's body quickly buried by the blizzard storming around them.

Kael grinned as Sam pulled the Tank around 180 degree's, and Galant and Durandal scrambled out of the tank, pulling the battered looking Urakai and unconscious Sayah into the tank.

Kael climbed down from his turret position and glanced at the very battered, cold and tired Dragoons, a grin marred his face. He had come through his first combat mission unscathed, they had accomplished their primary mission and were out of danger's harm for the time being.

....Then a deep set roar managed to break through the wind gusting outside

"Just another gorgodon, we can handle it" Kael said, his grin not wavering.

The roar was joined by many others, the horrifying sounds turned to one giant scream of hunger, outrage and bloodlust...

"Whoops...."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC_Kael/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

Post Number:  1012
December 18, 2006 4:14:56 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The very floor beneath the Dragoons feet rumbled as a chorus of animalistic screams ripped through the air, turning each squad member's blood ice cold. All stood frozen in place, their gazes locked on the various view ports of the tank as the snow swirled back to reveal an incoming wave of brown fur, razor sharp claws and jagged teeth.

"Holy shit!" Kael's outburst snapped the Dragoons from their stunned reverie...and into action.

Sam cast himself back into the pilot's chair and slammed down the tanks accelerator, "Don't just stand there, shoot the damn things!"

Durandal and Zafo, closest to the two unmanned laser cannons, grappled with the weapons controls and brought them around to bear on the incoming surge of beasts. The tank lurched into motion, sending their first shots sailing wide, while Kael's huge blast send two of the creatures near the center flying skywards in pieces.

"Woohoo, hit! Take that you furry bastards!" He yipped, punching the air.

The Dragoons watched as some of the Gorgodons stopped briefly to tear at the limbs of their fallen brethren, whilst the rest simply stomped over the bloody remains and continued after the tank.

"What the hell set them off?" Galant yelled over the beast's screams as they swiped wildly at the tanks frame.

"It doesn't matter," Kami was suddenly on her feet; clad again the gear of a snowtrooper, "We need to keep them off the tank."

"Are you sure you don't need to sit down some more Gunny?" Kael shouted down at her, before resuming his assault on the Gorgodons, "They're not slowing!"

Snatching up Zafo's discarded rifle, Kami stormed over and slammed the hatch of the tank open, "Galant, there's room for two up here."

The private's face paled, before he visibly swallowed and shoved his helmet back on, "Yes ma'am."

Climbing up the ladder, Kami forced her upper body free of the tank and into the bitter Illum wind once more.

Checking the charge on her rifle, she pressed down the trigger and released a stream of blaster fire into the pack. The targeted Gorgodons roared in response, swiping at the bolts as though they were pests and continued to charge forward.

Arching both eyebrows beneath her helmet, Kami glanced down to where Galant was halfway up the ladder beneath her,

"Change of plans. Get the grenade launcher."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  170
December 18, 2006 6:13:12 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

"It figures we can't get an easy exit!" JB shouted as the towers started firing on the squad.

Riqimo was agreeing, dodging laser bolts left and right.

"Over to that covered area!" Garet called, and Riqimo rushed to the trench and started firing at the few Thrawn troops inside of it.  Phenix dived in, Hope he doesn't get hurt too bad, I'm out of synth-skin

Riqimo saw Phenix get grabbed and took careful aim, but Garet told everyone to ceasefire.

The Thrawn snowtrooper must not have realized that with his hostage he was going to stay alive longer, as he ripped out the wires, and threw Phenix down, Garet Daimun dived into the trench and grabbed the enemy's head and snapped it with pure vengeance then plaster him in the head, the remaining troopers were taken out by Eclipse in pure rage of their squadmate's fall.

While the south side of the trench was being cleared by three squad mates, Riqimo didn't bother to see who, Riqimo tended to Phenix.

"He's going to freeze within a matter of minutes if he doesn't get some heat!" Riqimo shouted, "Any ideas?"  The squad was silent, starting to form a wall against the wind.  For like the thousandth time since the battle had begun, Riqimo's mind was racing. Damn these Imperial Thrawn Troopers!  Wait... Imperial Troopers

"Okay this is the only time I am thankful we are fighting Thrawn," Riqimo pointed to Jelly, "Find a Thrawn stormtrooper with a working heat unit, he doesn't need it anymore."

"Typex, see if you can help him," Garet ordered as Jelly Bean rushed off.

Jag wispered the count down, to  which Riqimo threw himself over Phenix to prevent the cold blast of air from reaching the trooper without his heat system.

"3...2...1..."

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 18, 2006 11:04:56 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:30:40 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 96  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >