Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
Kael
ComNet n00b

Kael

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  36
  RE: A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)
December 15, 2006 5:42:19 AM    View the profile of Kael 
Kael attempted to mimic Kami's confident steps onto the planet where they may die, his eyes soaked in the desolate landscape of the ice planet

Defiantly not somewhere where I plan to be dying today

Illum's gravity was slightly lower than he was used too, making him feel buoyant as the squad trudged around the back of their shuttle...a considerable distance considering it's size.

Sam spoke up from the front of the formation, having to yell as the wind picked up in ferocity

"We will be retrieving our mechs then proceeding to our rendezvous point, up to then try to relax but keep your thoughts on the mission. We are going into a real combat situation here....people will die, however....if we work together and help each other out, those people will be our enemies and not our friends."

The new recruits seemed uneasy as Sam turned and continued walking

"Lets move out Dragoon's!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Kael stared with horror at the mech in which he was meant to go into battle in.

"It's a Hover-Van......"

Kami cast him a skeptical look as she mounted the ladder leading into the APC's side

"This is one of the most advanced APC's in the imperial arsenal private, so quit whining and get in here, you'll have the honor of manning it's grenade launcher....think you can handle that?"

Kael threw her a nervous grin

"Driving around in a un-shielded, un-armored, under-gunned tin can...shooting at imperial walkers with a anti-infantry weapon....why would I have a problem?."

His grin broadened

"Where else can I get paid to blow up expensive machinery?"

Kami simply sighed and motioned for the Dragoon's to get inside

"Lets move out people, those walkers ain't gonna kill themselves"

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC_Kael/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  998
Total Posts:  1884
December 15, 2006 6:10:14 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami lowered herself into the single pilot's chair located at the front of the hovervan and took a moment to familiarize herself with the controls. Whilst she had driven a GX before, it had been an older model than the GX12 and seemingly less complicated to handle judging by the array of buttons and levers before her. Locking herself securely into place with the restraints provided, she hit the ignition button with her thumb and adjusted the small headpiece in her left ear before broadcasting to the Dragoons channel,

"Tin Can is up and running."

There was a brief hiss of static before Sam's voice responded, distorted and mechanical over the comm., "Copy that Tin Can, Striker One is in the green."

"Striker Two, awaiting orders," Zafo's voice sounded after Sam's, stating that all mechs were operating smoothly despite the extreme conditions outside.

Turning around in her seat, Kami arched her eyebrow at the three recruits riding behind her, "You lot strapped in? This ride might get a little bumpy."

Kael and Urakai offered thumbs up from where they were seated in the gunner positions on either side of the hovervan, whilst Sayah offered a small salute from his position near the hatch, "We're all ready Gunny."

"Tin Can, Striker Two, stick close. We need to meet up with the others at the rendezvous point before we engage Vaynus's forces."

The repulsortank visible throughout the forward view port rotated smoothly towards the east, kicking up a spray of snow as it maneuvered away towards Sam's position. Silently impressed at Zafo's skill with the vehicle, Kami sucked in a deep breath, held it, then lightly pressed her foot down on the acceleration pedal. The hovervan lurched violently before locking into gear, sending the four Dragoons careening forward at a breakneck pace towards Sam's slower tank. Swearing, Kami skewed the vehicle sidewards at the last moment, preventing a collision and slammed on the brakes to bring to GX to an abrupt halt.

"Holy..." Kael grunted from the rear of the vehicle, from where he was now hanging halfway out of his seat, "This thing can freaking move."

"Everything alright back there Tin Can?" Sam's voice crackled over the comm, the distortion not enough to hide his amusement.

"Uh, fine," Kami released her breath, "Was just um, testing her out."

"We have five minutes to reach the rendezvous point, might want to save the testing for later."

"Understood boss," Kami placed her hands back on the controls and gently eased the vehicle into slow acceleration.

"Well this is less suicidal, but definitely more boring," Urakai commented from the back.

"Don't worry," Kami replied, "Things won't stay boring for long."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

PA/GSG_Kami/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 15, 2006 6:11:05 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  2382
December 15, 2006 6:12:29 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Riqimo gazed out at the snowy landscape, unprepared for its harsh beauty.  As if to confirm his thought, the snow started falling faster and harder.

Riqimo gave his sound off and then followed Garet out of the landingcraft.

The trip to the rendezvous point was a short praceful trip, their swoops kicking up snow as they accelerated.

Following com-silence, since his comment was unneccessary, Riqimo just wispered to himself, "This sure is fun, reminds me of Ando Prime a bit."

Riqimo's thoughts drifted back to the time he was there, translating pod races for quick cash.  That really wasn't a bad time I guess, I may not make as much right now with the army, however, I think I found a family that I really never had&

Once finally at the rendezvous, the squad waited patiently in near silence for the other troops to arrive and bregin some form of distraction so that the turrets could be taken out.

Flipping through his medkit, Riqimo found a stimulant that would help him resist some of the cold still seeping through his snowtrooper armor and then offered to anyone else, some refused, and some accepted.

Taking in the scenery, Riqimo wished he had a holo-recorder to put this in the squad's history files, I guess I might be able to see if intel can loan me one after the battle...

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

TRP/LCP Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA     Imperial Baronet

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 6:12:56 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 6:13:12 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 8:44:51 AM)]
Kael
ComNet n00b

Kael

Post Number:  22
December 15, 2006 6:59:53 AM    View the profile of Kael 
Kael twisted the gunnery yoke in front of him a few times, judging how well the twin laser cannon responded, resisting the urge to fire the weapon a few times he swiveled around and glanced at the two other privates in the back of the Van.

He raised a eyebrow skeptically as he saw Sayah  stroking the micro-grenade launcher he was holding.

"You with us buddy?"

Sayah sat up started, his hand dropping away from the launcher

"I...uh....yer...what?"

Kael chuckled and flashed the man a grin

"You'll get to use that thing soon enough"

The words sounded bitter as soon as he said them and his mouth soured

Thoughts of death again flashed through his mind

Need a distraction!

Just as this thought entered his mind a speeder bike flew past meters from Kael's view port, it's rider waved cheerfully before gunning the engine and accelerating past the hover-van.

Kami turned around and called back from the cockpit, identifying the rider "That would be Eclipse Squad, looks like we're here"

The two tanks trailed in behind the van as they pulled up next to the rendezvous, various squads of snow troopers stood around, checking equipment for the last time and getting in last minute preperations in order.

Looks like the VE was about to release hell.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1000
Total Posts:  1884
December 15, 2006 7:26:30 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami brought the hovervan gliding to a smooth halt behind the two hulky forms of Sam's and Zafo's tank. Sliding free of her constraints, she weaved her way to the back hatch, pausing briefly to address her passengers, "You three sit tight, this won't take a second."

Opening the small armored door, Kami leapt lithely from the GX and jogged over to where Sam was lowering himself down from the upper hatch of his replusortank. Her Squad Leader took her offered hand and leapt the final few meters onto the ice.

"The snows harder here" He remarked, crouching down to run a hand across the earth, "It's ice."

"The entire plain before the facility seems to be ice." Both Dragoons glanced up as Garet pulled alongside them, astride one of his squads camouflaged swoops. He tilted his helmeted in the direction of their target, "We've done a brief recon, though the Raiders are up ahead getting a better look at the moment."

"Ice can be a hazardous obstacle when mixed with Mechs," Kami grimaced beneath her armor, "Here's hoping it's stronger than it looks."

"I don't envy you guys," Garet admitted, "We might be one hit targets but at least we're airborne for a while."

"Wraith?" Kami asked, sweeping her gaze over the assembled troopers.

"Over with Nightstalkers," Garet gestured vaguely behind him, "If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to my boys." Throwing the two Dragoons a brief salute, the Eclipse squad leader swung his swoop around and shot off once again.

"Kami."

A snowtrooper bearing a Nightstalkers insignia jogged over, nodding at Sam as he did so, "Sam, glad you two are here."

"Kairo," Kami lightly clasped his shoulder, "Glad we're here in one piece. Have you heard from Darr and the Raiders?"

"Not yet, but I suspect we will soon. It will most likely just be confirmation of bad news." Kairo pointed at the horizon in the distance, "Also, there's a storm incoming. I've talked to a few of the pilots and they're estimating that it will hit here in less than an hour."

"Just keeps getting better and better." Sam muttered, "We better get back to the mechs then and be ready to move as soon as the Raiders give word. Good luck out there Kairo."

"You too," The officer spun and made his way back to his squad.

Taking one last glance at the ominous clouds billowing in the distance, Kami followed Sam back to the Dragoons mechs, then reentered the GX.

"Rain coming Gunny?" Urakai asked, peering out one of the side view ports.

"That's not rain," Kael responded, his voice devoid of its usual humour, "That's a blizzard"

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

PA/GSG_Kami/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  152
December 15, 2006 9:08:58 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Garet went off to speak with the other squads, making sure that the entire assault would be synchronized properly.  Meanwhile, Eclipse squad started talking about the soon to be launched raid on the turrets.

"Anyone like the fact that we are pretty much easy targets?" asked Typex.

Riqimo glanced at him, and then tried to push that thought out of his mind.

Jelly responded with some black humor, "Well we have our messy medic, if things get messy, that's his specialty."  Seeing the hard glare from Riqimo, he backed off from the rest of his grim joke.

"I can't help you if you go about losing hands, feet or whatever, so I caution you to be a bit choosy of your actions."

The squad was starting to come to terms with the coldness, not of the planet they were on, but of the vicious, hellish facts of the battle.

"We need to use unorthodox tactics don't we?" Jag asked tenuously.

"Yeah, that is what our briefing outline recommended," Ryan responded.

The squad waited in silence for Garet to return, not enjoying the fact that they have to wait for the other squads to start their phases before Eclipse can successfully complete theirs.  That gives us too much time to dawn on the negatives, Riqimo told himself.  No, it keeps you alive longer, Riqimo's subconscious mind replied...

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to war we go, we'll find some Rebels or lose our marbles, hi ho, hi ho

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
Jelly Bean
ComNet Initiate

Jelly Bean

Post Number:  114
Total Posts:  811
December 15, 2006 10:46:35 AM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 

Jelly slowly brought his Speeder bike to a halt at the Rendezvous point. Garet told them to hold position and sped off to meet with the other squads. Jelly sat quietly on his bike as the others talked quietly.

Jelly came back as TypeX3 voiced his concern on being easy targets. "Well we have our messy medic, if things get messy, that's his specialty." Jelly said grimly. Riqimo turned towards him but Jelly couldn't tell if he was glaring at him from under his helmet or not.

"I can't help you if you go about losing hands, feet or whatever, so I caution you to be a bit choosy of your actions." Riqimo said after a few minutes which seemed to be his own grim joke. Very funny Riqimo.

The squad moved on to discussing what they might need to do. Jelly knew that there was a high possibility none of them would be coming back. Think more positive if everybody does their job we'll all be ok. Jelly let himself go back within himself not to let anything distract him.

He came back when over his com Sarah made them aware of an incoming blizzard. "Damn did yall get that?" Jelly asked looking up and scanning the sky for any signs of the blizzard.

"Yeah it can be upon us in a matter of minutes and we won't see it coming." Jag said scanning the skies as well.

"Garet's on his way back" Riqimo said pointing into the distance at an approaching speeder bike.

The Squad fell silent as the bike approached. Jelly scanned around at the calm peaceful surface. He smirked grimly with disgust . The calm before the storm.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

TRP/PFC Jelly Bean/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Only problem with my Job. I dont get to see a surprised look on your face."
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 10:48:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 10:49:01 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  681
Total Posts:  2089
December 15, 2006 10:53:55 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue watched as Darr reached into his pack and withdrew a pair of macrobinoculars and began looking through them at something in the distance Rogue did likewise. Rogue adjusted his macrobinoculars so that he could see farther, not that it was much use through the heavy snow. Rogue could just barely make out a pair of scout-snowtroopers. Darr's voice crackled on the comlink.

"Looks like we got ourselves a pair of scouts, probably here to warn the main force of our approach. We can take them out without giving a warning but its a big distance and we would have to slowly crawl there, we don't have the time for this."

Garet's voice came over the comlink in response.

"I guess its up to us than, we could close the distance faster than you, they might still get a warning out but there's nothing we can do to prevent that, wish we had one of Wraith's snipers."

Rogue recalled an incident that he had with Garet that almost came to blows the burly Gunnery Sergeant had a tough day and Rogue was in a shitty mood, a bad combination but ever since than Rogueboy couldn't help but like his gruff manner.

Rogue waited until he heard a loud keening noise and the swoops flew past him ruffling his cape the friend or foe finder showing a light green signaling that this is indeed Garet's Eclipse squad. Rogue whispered to himself.

"Go Garet show these Nerf poodoos how we do things in the VE."

Rogue heard blaster bolts firing off and even though he was watching it through his macrobinoculars it was difficult to see what was going on. Garet's came over on the comlink.

"We took them out, I think they got the message out and according to the intelligence that was provided the base should be just over this next little hill and into the valley."

Rogue thought his audio sensors picked up a sound but it was difficult to judge. The sound came again and Rogue looked in the general direction of where it came from. Two big shadows seemed to emerge itself. Rogue dropped his macrobinoculars in the snow and cried out.

"Succellus protect us. Gorgodons coming from our right."

Rogue unslung his A-280 but was to late as it jumped on top of him. Rogue could hear his squad firing as hard as they could into the furry mammals but to no avail. Rogue used his hands to try to keep the creature's three rows of teeth from sinking into his face it was almost impossible as the damn thing must of weighed at least three hundred pounds it's face got ever closer to his and Rogue could smell its breath through the nasal sensors and it had the smell of a rotting corpse. Rogue knew he was going to die and made a final prayer to Succellus.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/CPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited December 15, 2006 10:54:54 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited December 15, 2006 10:55:29 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited December 15, 2006 11:13:21 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  154
December 15, 2006 11:37:44 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Jelly shouted to the squad while observing with his cybernetic eye, "Raiders being attacked!  They got Gorgodons coming in!"

Garet wasn't back yet, and Riqimo decided that they had to wait, suddenly Rogueboy's scream rang through the crisp air.

Deciding that his medic oath took precedence over Garet's orders to remain stationary in this case, Riqimo jumped onto his swoop and race off to the Raiders, not bothering to glance behind to see if anyone was going to follow him, he got there in tome to see the Gorgodon on top of Rogueboy.  Firing his Stormtrooper II Carbine in desperation, he swore when he realized the blasted thing didn't care.

Suddenly Jelly Bean swooped by and swung his vibro-blade at the beast, cutting it's left arm.  In rage it reared up and went after Jelly Bean, who now had gotten off his bike.  Riqimo shouted, "Jelly, get behind him if you can! You should be able to sever the spinal column at the base of the back of the head!"

Seeing the other Gorgodon being distracted by some Raiders, Riqimo quickly turned to Rogueboy, who was muttering something unintelligible.

Rogue's wounds were not that bad, but that thick brownish saliva was a problem.  Ignoring that for now, Riqimo pulled out a Luryaline sedative, but decided that was too strong and tossed it aside.  Quickly deciding that Rogue was going to need something like a stimulatnt that woul d allow him to stay warm, he injected him with a Helosine Pain Reliever.

While putting some bandages on Rogueboy's arm, Riq opened the emergency channel on his comlink and shouted, "I need something, Rouge here is down, I have him stabilized, but I'm not sure..."

Someone's voice came on, "We're sending help, stand by.  Anything else?"

"Uh.. send a new snowtrooper armor or a heat unit, Rogue's heat system has been damaged."

**Note: This post is approved by Rogueboy**

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 11:51:19 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 5:44:04 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  684
December 15, 2006 12:27:59 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue was sweating not from the freezing cold that penetrated into his armor but from the physical strain from the gorgodon and now that his armor was shredded and the heating system no longer worked Rogue was starting to feel feverish. Rogue looked up and saw an unfamiliar trooper staring at him Rogue reached for the nearest weapon around which happened to be his gladius which was in it's sheath lying attached to his waste.

My squad must of left me for dead and they've been routed and this is one of Vaynus's lackeys I'll show him.

The unfamiliar trooper looked to his right and Rogue tried to pull his sword from it's sheath but to no avail, it was frozen to the sheath regardless of the oil Rogue put before disembarking.

Damn you Succellus you let me down.

Rogue finally studied the unknown trooper and looked at his insignia it was a circle with four semi-trapezoids.

I have seen that before...but where?

Than it hit Rogue like a ton of bricks.

"It's Eclipse."

He said out loud the soldier looked at him and told him what just happened.

"You just got jumped on by a gorgodon, your armor is torn to poodoo and not working, you have minor bruising and your lucky the thing didn't break your back when it jumped on you. I got a droid and fresh set of armour incoming."

Rogue sighed and even though he was freezing and couldn't think straight the news made him feel better and eventually the cold feeling went away. Rogue knew that if it persisted he would suffer from hyperthermia and would most likely die.

At least I'm not abandoning my Raiders.

Rogue thought to himself. Rogue heard the whine of an engine and a clump.

"What was that?"

"That is your new set of armour, apparently they didn't send the droid I requested but you don' need it anyways. By the way my name is Riqimo"

Riqimo began helping Rogue out of his armour and as he got into the new snowtrooper armour Rogue could slowly feel his body start thawing out. Rogue had a running nose and the signs of the flue starting up but Riqimo gave him some medication for it.

"What happened to the gorgodons?"
"One of them got hit by a PLX-4 missile launcher which that Barabel was carrying."

As Riqimo said this he gestured to where a hole now occupied the ground and wet red blood was splashed here and there with a few body parts.

"The other was dismembered by our squad of professional butchers."

Rogue looked to where a dead gorgodon's head was lying next to various other body parts and entrails. Rogue felt extremely sore, his head was pounding from the exertion, and as he stood up he felt wobbly. Riqimo put a steadying hand on Rogueboy's shoulder.

"I think you should sit this one out."

Rogue snickered and immediately regret that he had.

"Like hell I will this body is useful for as long as it can fight, otherwise someone get me a new one."

Rogue said half mocking. Darr approached Rogue and Riqimo, turning to Riqimo he asked what Rogue's status was. Rogue responded.

"I'm  fine Darr just a sore back from when I landed on the damn generator speaking of which..."

Rogue immediately began checking the generator for any damage but it was good to go.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2846
Total Posts:  3940
December 15, 2006 12:54:32 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 

Snipes shrugged, trying to get comfortable in his armor, it wasn't working that well. He felt like tearing the armor off and just freezing to death, but he didn't, besides, without the helmets ability to tone down the light Snipes would be blinded in a matter of minutes with the bright sun shining off of the snow, the snow which was too cold to even form into a layer of ice, oh no, it was all powder.

Snipes scoffed and went back into the shuttle while everyone else mingled, there he made a few checks on his swoop, out of habit, making sure it would hold together. Finally satisfied, he hopped on and backed it out of the ship, then decided to make a couple high speed loops around the shuttles to adjust to the swoop, he hadn't rode one in a long time, he'd had one before he went into space, but gave it away when he finally did breach the atmosphere. He found this swoop to his liking, it wasn't as fast as his old one, but it had a good acceleration and superb handling, which was going to become very important once they were being shot at. Snipes pulled did a fun little whip of the bikes tail and pulled up next to his squad.

"Let's mount up boys!"

Suddenly Arnaut was the center of attention.

"Well, you heard the man, mount up."

It took the rest of the squad a minute or two the get their bikes out of the hold. It took Yillis a few minutes, but he figured it out himself and minutes later he was whipping around the snowfield like everyone else. Arnaut eventually called a halt is small dip in the geography.

"We'll wait here for Nightstalkers signal; enemy should be just over this dip. When we get that signal we need to ride hard for the eastern corner, that's our rendezvous point, from there we'll have to probe the facility until we find somewhere to get in. Once inside we switch back into our commando armor. We should blend in fairly well, although the commandos are fairly rare, with the recent arrival of Vaynus we should be able to convince any of the garrison that we came down with him and visa versa. Remember to keep your TacNet up, looks like there's a blizzard coming in, should be here within an hour, that'll give us some cover as well."

Snipes nodded along with him, until Arnaut was finished, then Snipes hopped off his swoop, again making sure everything was secure, he couldn't afford to lose the commando armor and the weapons packed with it. Finding himself fairly satisfied he hopped back on the swoop and tried to relax, the swoops weren't made for this armor which meant it was extremely uncomfortable.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  618
Total Posts:  765
December 15, 2006 1:16:18 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
*DarkDragoons*

Zafo began to grow impatient, and at the same time worried, with the absence of the signal to begin the assault. He kept his arms folded across his chest and tapped his foot repeatedly against the break pedal, a usually un-noticeable nervous habit. Way off in the horizon, the pale sky slowly faded into an endless swarm of white and gray. It made him all the more thankful that he'd be able to do his part from the pilot's seat of the repulsor tank; protected from the malice of the weather.

"How's it going back there?" Zafo half-shouted to the back of the tank, where Durandal was examining the various controls surrounding the gunman's seat.

"To be honest, a bit nervous." Durandal replied, with a hint of shame in his voice. He refused to match gazes with the veteran soldier.

"You know..." Zafo began, seeking words to comfort the Private, "Most PFC's don't have a Heavy Repulsor Tank's entire arsenal at their disposal their first missions."

Durandal cracked a smile, followed by a chuckle. Already, he seemed a bit more at ease with his surroundings.

"I guess you are right." He Replied, this time looking down towards the cockpit. "I just feel like we are going to be everyone's main target. One of the things we learnt in the academy is that when there are tanks on the battlefi..."

"Leave that to me." Zafo interrupted, cracking his knuckles. "I won't make us an easy target."

"So your reputation has it." Duran replied, staring with much confusion at a complicated arrangement of joysticks and dials.

"That's the Heavy Laser controls." Zafo piped, tossing Durandal a small booklet. "Your new best friend. This booklet has all the basic information on what everything does back there. Feel free to ask if you need any help at all."

"Will do." Duran replied, burying his nose in the manual.

"I should probably run a quick systems check." Zafo thought to himself. You couldn't always trust the vehicle technicians. They always did things by the book. Sometimes, certain combat situations required a bit of system tweaking.

"Where did they think we were going, a training run on Tadath?" Zafo moaned in despair. His hand flew over the control panel, until he reached a screen displaying the repulsor's current calibrations. Zafo made some quick adjustments to the anti-grav range. The snow and ice characteristic of Illium, made it impossible to be guaranteed that the surface underneath the tank would be solid, hence the repulsors should have more power at their disposal in the case of a sudden change.

"Everything good back there?" Zafo inquired, turning his head to see Durandal still scanning through the mini-manual.

"Excellent."

"Now where's that signal..." Zafo thought, the impatience creeping up on him once again.

-----------------------
~ZaFo

*DarkDragoons*

TRP/GSG ZaFo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited December 15, 2006 1:19:32 PM)]
Jelly Bean
ComNet Initiate

Jelly Bean

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  811
December 15, 2006 3:02:42 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 

Jelly scanned the field looking in the Raiders direction. Then he noticed foreign movement which wasn't Human or anything he'd seen in the squad. What is that he thought using his Right eye to zoom in on it. Then he saw the fear and the look of blood lust in its eyes.

"Raiders being attacked!  They got Gorgodons coming in!" Jelly said quickly over the com.

After a matter of moments Riqimo had turned and sped his bike in their direction. He's gonna need back up against those things. Jelly followed quickly ignoring the rest of the squad. Jelly quickly drew his Vibroblade and turned to make a side swipe along side the Gorgodon that was now pressing down on one of the Raiders. He swung the sword slicing into the Gorgodon's left arm. It roared in rage and turned slightly in his direction. The blow Jelly struck knocked him off balance though and he tumbled off the bike which skidded to a stop 3 meters away from him.

"Damn" He said as he recovered just in time for the creature to hit him and send him flying two meters. Jelly tumbled in the snow and quickly caught his senses. He started a sprint towards his speeder . He suddenly was knocked aside again as the Gorgodon charged after him. Jelly rolled forward and almost slammed into his bike.

He quickly drew the Vibroblade which had lodged in between his handlebars when he went tumbling. Jelly turned and began stepping side to side dancing with death. He dodged some very close blows from the creature one which scratched his armor a good deal but didn't damage it. Jelly toke a chance and jumped to the side slashing his sword into the already damaged arm of the creature. The blow rendered its arm useless but only made the creature even more angrier.

"I have to end this now or this thing is gonna tear me to shreds." Jelly said to himself under his breath. He looked at the creature and without thinking rolled under its legs. He stopped when he had cleared it and quickly turned and sliced into the back of its heavy legs. He obviously hit an important muscle because the creature collapsed to one knee. Only and bit slower and even more angrier it roared at him. Without hesitation Jelly jumped up and moved around to get a clearer shot at its back.

Jag suddenly appeared and began shooting the beast which distracted it so Jelly could go in for the kill. He jumped and buried his blade straight into the spinal column that was more exposed at the base of its neck. The creature went limp almost instantly and fell forward paralyzed. Jelly kicked it but received no punishment for doing so.

He and Jag quickly cut up the creature and left its remains in the snow for now.

"Phew" Jelly said dropping into the snow cleaning off his blade." That was a good fight and look nobody got killed." Jelly said after catching his breath. Jelly got up and brushed himself off moving to his swoop to secure his equipment.

"Well the solider you saved Rogueboy is gonna be ok a little scratched up and his suit was damaged but he'll be fine." Riqimo said brushing his hands together.

"That's good." Jelly said checking to make sure his blade had no nicks.

"What about you how are you." Riqimo said with a bit of concern

"I'm fine just some bruises nothing broken and my armor is scratched up but nothing major." He replied plainly still concentrating on his work.

"Well let me just go ahead and clean the gash on your arm and fix that up before you get frostbite or worse." Riqimo said already moving to do his job

Just noticing his injured left arm Jelly swore but he let Riqimo do his job without a complaint. Jelly proceeded to radio Garet and let him know what had happened.

" This hero stuff is a pain better off not trying to get my self killed" Jelly said aloud "I hope Garet doesn't chew me out for this that would so not be worth it."

Jelly leaned back on his back letting Riqimo finish patching up his arm and waited for further orders.

[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 3:06:36 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 3:07:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 3:08:47 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited December 15, 2006 3:16:12 PM)]
Rayden Shiong
ComNet n00b

Rayden Shiong

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  91
December 15, 2006 4:07:43 PM    View the profile of Rayden Shiong 

Raiders

Rayden withered on the table he was lying on, screaming in pain and in agony. He just wanted the pain to end. To have peace. He screamed again, a piercing scream that could probably be heard throughout the entire area, though he did not know were exactly he was. All he saw was darkness. He would have tried to put one of his hands in front of his face had he not been tied to the table. He could feel the binds cutting into his skin.

Rayden screamed again, this time pleading, pleading to whatever or whoever was doing this to him, to stop. And abruptly, it did. All he felt now was a cool calmness. It was soothing really. He heard a voice, a voice thick with disappointment.

"You were to be one of the most powerful soldiers in the Empire. You were to strike fear into any enemy. Even more so then Stormtroopers&

The disappointment turned to pity.

And now look at you. Completely helpless, weak, feeble. A mere echo of what you were to become. Sad, really. "

Rayden tried to respond, to ask why he was tied up, why and what had caused so much pain only a moment before. But no words would come out, only a fatigued groan.  Another voice appeared, this one gruffer, and filled with authority.

"Is he done?"

"Yes. All the necessary components have been installed, sir."

"Good, then begin "The Wipe". " The gruff voice replied.

Rayden began to panic at the mention of "The Wipe". He started to struggle again, desperate to break his bonds and escape from this hellish place. He felt several hard metal hands grab his flailing limbs, holding him still.

"I am not going to lie to you. This will hurt like hell, kid." The gruff voice said.

Rayden screamed as he felt something cold and sharp stab him in the head. His mind started to black out from the pain, and he felt no more.

Rayden's eyes snapped open. He sat up from his laying position and sighed a breath of relief when he realized that he was in his bed, safely inside his quarters. Just dreaming& It had been realistic as hell, though.

Rayden ran his hands through his shoulder length brown hair and tried to remember exactly what had happened in his dream, or rather, his nightmare. He had the same dream almost every night, but when he woke up he could only remember vague pieces of it.

Rayden's thoughts turned from his dream, to reality. He could feel the ship he was on start to decelerate. They had obviously reached their destination. Better start getting dressed.

Rayden got out of bed and began to unpack his snowarmor. He managed to do all of this without the turning on the lights. He didn't need light at all actually. He could see better in the dark then he could in light.

Rayden took a quick shower in the 'fresher, then put on every piece of his armor except for the helmet. He wouldn't need to put that on until he got outside. Rayden double checked to make sure all of the various devices built into his suit worked properly, then checked to make sure he had all his necessary equipment. Rayden attached his equipment pack to his back, and put on his helmet, which snagged on his hair half way on.

"Damn it& I'm going to have to cut this thing eventually." He muttered to himself, and exited his quarters.

He stepped out of his dim quarters and entered the well-lit hallway outside of his door. His eyes made whirring noises as they adjusted to the difference. Several other troopers identical to him armor wise jogged past him, rifles cradled in their arms. Rayden walked down the hallway until he reached the lounge area, were several troopers were putting things away and preparing to leave. He recognized a couple of them from their insignias, they were from the same squadron as himself. Rayden said nothing, though. He walked past them toward the hangar bay that contained the transport that his squadron were to take down to the Ilum's surface.

Rayden descended down the ramp led from the transport to the white snowy ground that covered Ilum. Rayden stared in awe at his surroundings. It was beautiful. Rayden felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see one of the many identical troopers staring at him. This one, however, was from his own squadron.

"Who the hell are you?" Rayden ignored the trooper's tone.

"Private Rayden Shiong."  Rayden noticed that the troopers rank. "Sir.". 

The Corporal shifted in place, and stared at him.

"You didn't pack your backup firearm properly."

I could have sworn I had packed it right&

Rayden turned his head over his shoulder to examine it, when he felt the hard impact of a punch against his jaw. Rayden was lifted off his feet and onto the floor. Rayden laid on the snowy ground in a daze for about a millisecond before jumping to his feet and throwing a hard punch with his left arm, the non-artificial one. The corporal staggered backward a bit. Rayden prepared to throw another one, this time with his right arm, when their squad leader, Darr-Rann, stepped in between him and the corporal.

"Break it up you two, save it for the enemy. Rogue I would have expected more self restrain from you."

Rayden hesitantly put his hands to his side. Darr was right, they would need to save their energy for the enemy. Rayden got into line with his fellow troopers and said nothing, choosing to silently brood for a while. A few minutes Rouge appeared beside him.

"I got to hand it to you, you punch like a damn rancor, I think my face might be a bit bruised by the end of the night."

You're lucky I didn't punch I didn't hit you with my mechanical arm&  

Rayden couldn't help but smile under his helmet. The whole incident was pretty comical, actually.  Rouge held out his hand.

"But your going to have to punch a hell of a lot harder if you plan on surviving tonight, you need someone to watch your ass and by damn I am that man, and nobody kills a Raider and lives."

Rayden shook Rouge's hand.

"You don't punch so bad yourself and if you plan on surviving tonight I think you might just need my help."

Rouge began to chuckle, but was cut short by Darr, who had given the hand signal to be quiet. Darr reached into his pack and pulled out a pair of BiNocs.  A moment later, Rayden's helmet comm. crackled to life.

"Looks like we got ourselves a pair of scouts, probably here to warn the main force of our approach. We can take them out without giving a warning but it's a big distance and we would have to slowly crawl there, we don't have the time for this."

A different voice replied.

"I guess its up to us than, we could close the distance faster than you, they might still get a warning out but there's nothing we can do to prevent that, wish we had one of Wraith's snipers."

Rayden could hear the sound of speeders, and a moment later he could hear several blaster bolts. Apparently, Eclipse Squad was engaging the scouts in their swoop bikes.

"We took them out, I think they got the message out and according to the intelligence that was provided the base should be just over this next little hill and into the valley."

Rayden pulled his Blaster Rifle out of his pack. They were going to begin combat soon. Rayden whirled around to Rouge's position at the sound of a growling noise.

"Succellus protect us. Gorgodons coming from our right."

Rayden turned to his right as two of the massive predators bounded into his field of vision. He fired at one of them, which got the creatures attention, while the second Gorgodon jumped on Rouge and began drooling over him. Rayden was about to go to the aid of Rouge, but he had to instead retreat backwards as the first Gorgodon ran toward him, snarling. By this time the rest of Raider squad had begun firing at the creature. None of the blaster bolts impacting against the creature had any effect, as it stayed its course. The gorgodon was only a few feet away; Rayden dived to the left just as it swiped at him with one powerful claw.  Rayden laid on the ground directly under the Gorgodon. He began firing his blaster rifle at its jaw. The Gorgodon staggered backwards. The blaster bolts had an effect on the creature due to the fact that they were hitting it in the head at point blank range.

The Gorgodon continued to stagger backwards, blood was starting to mat its fur. Rayden continued to fire until he heard the click, click of an empty magazine.

"Uh-oh."

The Gorgadon stopped staggering backwards and roared. He began walking toward him when suddenly; it exploded in a shower of blood, muscle, and bone.  Rayden stood up, and brushed pieces of shredded meat off of his armor. The rest of his squad was huddled around Rouge, who had survived, except for one. The Borabel. It was packing up it's PLZ-4 Missile launcher.  Rayden grinned trotted over to it.

"Hey, thanks for the save man. I thought I was screwed when I used up that clip."

The Borabel shrugged.

"No big deal. I wouldn't leave a fellow squadmate to die." It said in a thick accent. Rayden nodded, and made his way to were Rouge was.

[This message has been edited by Rayden Shiong (edited December 16, 2006 2:40:57 AM)]
RK
ComNet Cadet

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  259
Total Posts:  823
December 15, 2006 4:22:55 PM    View the profile of RK 

RK was tired of this cold weather, if Riq and Jelly didn't get back soon he was going to quit. He focused his eyes on the area were Jelly and Riq had gone to help Rogue. The Gorgodon was getting the better of him it looked like, then, from what RK could tell, Jelly plunged his vibroblade into the spine of the Gorgodon instantly parlizing him. If they make another stupid stunt like that, we may end up dead. RK shrugged the thought off, Jelly was a good soldier, but for a new recruit he still had a lot to learn.

RK turned his head, the helmet not giving him much movement, to see Garet picking up some of the equipment the scouts had brought. "Spying on there personal life's?" RK asked, trying to lighten the situation.

"No, but if you must know, there might be some useful information about the turrets, we may need it." Garet finished gathering what he thought would be needed, and handed it to RK, "Your the techno geek, you figure it out." The voice was serious, but RK knew Garet was laughing under that helmet.

"This is Riqimo, Jelly and Rogue are okay, the Gorgodon has been neutralized." The voice was sincere, he was busy, he had to fix them up, relying on the little training he had before the mission.

"Good job, alright, stay there, we will meet you up there, tell Jelly, I'm coming." Garet's voice was upset, RK knew Garet understood why they went to help, but what he didn't understand was why they didn't let him know. It must be tough being SL, all that pride in your head, but it must be tough to when your squad doesn't listen.

When they finally reached Riqimo's position he had them fixed and ready for action. RK was stunned at how fast he could do that, with the training he had. "So, can we get going, I would like to get off this god forbidden planet."

If it is even possible to get off of this planet alive.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

TRP/LCPL
RK/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES] [2nd Class]

" I am the best at what I do. Only what i do isn't very nice." - Wolverine

"I have wept over to many graves." -Magneto, God loves, Man kills.
Riqimo
ComNet Initiate

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  156
December 15, 2006 5:39:18 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Riqimo walked up to Jelly Bean, trying to get some of that brown stuff of his hands, "Well the solider you saved was Rogue, he is going to be ok. A little scratched up and his suit was damaged but he'll be fine.  How are you?"

Jelly Bean replied, admiring his handiwork, "I'm fine just some bruises nothing broken and my armor is scratched up but nothing major."

"Well let me just go ahead and clean the gash on your arm and fix that up before you get frostbite or worse." Riqimo said pulling out his synth-skin supplies and beginning to do his job.

When Riqimo touched the arm, Jelly swore so loud that the other squads thought another Gorgodon had appeared, bit he quickly shut up and took the pain with only a few winces.

After that, Riqimo started walking around making sure everyone else was alright before tending the last minor wounds of Jelly.

"Garet knows where we are now," Jelly Bean told Riqimo.
"Yeah, nice kill I have to say,"
"Thanks, I got the scars to prove it."
"Actually you won't have any scars."
"No scar to show off to the ladies?"
"Unless you want a nice ugly swelling purple one."
"No thanks, I can't live to see my perfect beauty forever ruined like that."

Jag came over now, completely unharmed, and watched Riqimo make some finishing touches on Jelly's arm, "Hey guys, I think we got ourselves a nice trophy to take home."

Jelly laughed, "Yeah, thanks there, probably couldn't have done it without you."

Riqimo exclaimed, "Alright, Jelly you are almost good as new, just be careful out there."

Looking at the Gorgodon, Riqimo added, "I think there is a perfect place for that thing," Riqimo gestured to the severed head, "Just over the barracks door, that is if Garet doesn't mind."

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 5:40:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited December 15, 2006 5:44:37 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Cadet

Sayah

Post Number:  270
Total Posts:  1920
December 15, 2006 5:45:56 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Dark Dragoons

Sayah sat quieltly in his seat, his DC-17 and E-11 at his side. His hand had been slowly freezing up, both figuratively and literally. Removing the portions of his suit that contained his artificial hand, he used a hydrospammer from a tool kit to pry open a compartment and removed a miniturized power cell and several small wires. Closing the compartment, he added the power cell, connected the leads, and carefully joined the wires to the main contro, circuits. He flexxed his hand and, satisfied, closed the access panels before putting his arm armour back on and glancingout of the viewport. Looking out brought back memories...most of which were unpleasant.

The snow danced down, blowing left and right. Besides his squadmates in the other vehicles no one was in sight. Sayah shut his eyes and grinned in anticipation, all fear gone. Thrawn would discover that, military genius though he was, that the VE was not a force to be taken lightly.

He had had a run- in with Thrawn's forces several years ago and had lost almost all his possesions to him.

Several Years ago...Above a remote Outer Rim planet:

The freighter's engines strained as the shields shuddered under a continuous barrage. Sayah grimly diverted all power to the rear deflectors after realising that there was no way he could evade the  TIE's fire and fly at the same time. A pannel on the wall violently shattered and a warning light went on. In the cargo hold of the ship there was suddenly a loud crash. Sayah winced. His current employer, the Rodian Dind, would not be pleased. The dents in the armour he was transporting would decrease its value exponetially.  Suddenly the barrage stopped. Looking up, Sayah saw the reason.  A Carrack-class vessel had emerged from hyperspace. Sayah swore out loud. "Sithspawn..." Suddenly a light on his main control pannel went green. The hyperdrive, which had been disabled through a lucky shot, was active again.  Sayah whooped and watched as the stars elongated into streaks of light. There were TIE's waiting for him when he emerged, however. Shot down, he barely escaped with his life. 

Adding insult to injury, Thrawn's forces had posted a minor bounty on him. He had simply disintegrated those foolish enough to try to track him down. Three months later, they gave up.

To be safe, howver, Sayah had moved half way across the galaxy, into VE territory. Sayah tightened his grip on his DC-17 and shoved a fresh round of ammo in, mouth tightening into a straight line. The snow continued to dance in the frigid air outside.

Word Count:434

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sayah/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

[Black League]
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

Dark Dragoons Frvr!

"We're all dying. Promise yourselves you'll be the last to go."
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 15, 2006 5:46:13 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 15, 2006 5:56:10 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 15, 2006 5:56:45 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  585
December 15, 2006 6:08:59 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
HSC WRAITH PRIDE!

The swoops were unloaded.  Talstorin had never used a swoop, though he had used speeder bikes.  Snipes picked one almost instantly, the other squad members took a little longer.  Talstorin approached one, looking at its black gleaming shell.  It was streaked with white.  He hopped on, looking at his controls.  Easy enough. . .  He started the engines, the thrusters roared silently.  The sound eventually turned into a low hum. 

Talstorin looked back at the rest of the squad.  Everyone was pretty much set, though they were all looking back at Yillis, who was still fumbling around.  Yillis looked up.  "What?  I can use this thing.  Let's go!"

Arnaut answered with a nod and started first.  He zoomed forward, the squad following quickly behind.  Soon the sound multiple humming filled the air.  Talstorin quickly accelerated.  He was never a patient one.  He sped past rest of the squad, avoiding the occasional boulder and tree.  Yillis on the other hand was driving at almost a quarter of the speed as the squad.  Quickly, he was left behind.

"WHOOOO!" screamed Talstorin at the top of his lungs, though he quickly stopped as he realized they were approaching enemy territory.  He looked back for a few seconds, finding no one behind him.  "Just too fast," he grinned as he laughed to himself.  It didn't take long to reach the location.  He braked early, though at first his swoop didn't show any signs of deceleration.  Eventually it slowed, stopping almost halfway off a small cliff overlooking the fortress.  There was still a long way down though, as the fortress was still a tiny speck in the distance. 

"Close one," muttered Talstorin as he got off, wiping his boots off.  The wet snow fell off quickly.  He turned off his swoop as the rest of the squad caught up save Yillis.  The squad got off, walking to where Talstorin stood. 

"So that's the fortress?" asked Draken.  Leth nodded.  The squad turned around as Yillis's swooped pulled up behind them.  He got off, pantning.  "Geez, those were fast."

Yoder chuckled.  "You were such a slowpoke.  We left you in dust.  We  ."  Yoder was cut off with a swift nudge from Leth.  Yillis stared at Yoder for a while, trying to set aside murderous urges.  Finally, he turned his attention away from Yoder and onto the speck.

Arnaut didn't wait for things to finish.  "We'll wait here for Nightstalkers signal; enemy should be just over this dip. When we get that signal we need to ride hard for the eastern corner, that's our rendezvous point, from there we'll have to probe the facility until we find somewhere to get in. Once inside we switch back into our commando armor. We should blend in fairly well, although the commandos are fairly rare, with the recent arrival of Vaynus we should be able to convince any of the garrison that we came down with him and visa versa. Remember to keep your TacNet up, looks like there's a blizzard coming in, should be here within an hour, that'll give us some cover as well."

Snipes checked his things and hopped back on.  The rest of the squad did the same.  Talstorin yawned, lazily getting back on.  Waiting was such a bore.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1105
Total Posts:  1587
December 15, 2006 6:25:53 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 

"Damn..." Darr-Rann muttered to himself, "We're way too outnumbered." He lowered his binoculars, activating his helmet comlink, contacting Sam and the Dark Dragoons. "We're alright, Eclipse assisted us. They're back on their way again. Anyways, the enemy forces are pretty heavy up there - Plenty of  ground forces too. Looks like there is a good compliment of enemy Mech too."

"Roger that Darr. Think we can handle them?" Sam's voice echoed out over his helm speakers.

"Against Thrawn forces? They don't have a chance." Darr-Rann said, grinning to himself. He closed the channel. I hope so, anyways. He picked up a pack from the snow and drew it open.

"Guys, I'm going to set up a portable Radar at this point. Enable it to display on your HUD." The sergeant said, sticking the base of the object in the snow. He drew out the dish and snapped it in place, then attached the insulated battery and line to the bottom. He booted the dish up, setting it for a three hundred and sixty degree scan. Suddenly a line notifying that Squall was contacting him appeared on his HUD. He opened the channel.

"Darr!" He said in an urgent tone, "Did you see that on the radar?" Darr-Rann paused and watched it as  it made a second sweep. Multiple contacts on the right.

"Yeah, hold on a second." The squad leader said. He slowly drew his datapad out and changed the dish's angle in the direction of the contact. Red dots marking enemy appeared solidly, fifteen meters away. He quickly set it back to three-sixty mode so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

"Everyone." He said over the squad channel. "We're being watched. Enemies nearby, watch the radar. Get ready to fight." He turned casually, his A280 held loosly in his hand. Without seeming like it, he noted the position of one of the enemy snowtroopers. The armor was nearly the same, the only major difference being insignia. Then he moved.

"Attack!" He yelled out over the comlink, snapping his blaster to the ready position and firing a shot in the direction of his enemy, which slammed into the snow next to the camouflaged trooper.

And the fight begins. Darr-Rann thought.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

jag fel
ComNet Cadet

jag fel

Post Number:  242
Total Posts:  439
December 15, 2006 7:14:16 PM    View the profile of jag fel 

Jag after the gorgodon had been killed went over to inspect the body. When he was finished he walked over to Riqimo and watched him finish up Jelly Beans bruises. Jag seeing JB's armor whistled and said, "Wow that's quite a dent. Maybe you should take a piece of that thing, that way you can sell it when the bill comes."

When Jag left Jelly Bean and Riqimo he walked over to where RK was and before Jag could say anything RK blurted out, "Can we just get along with our objective so we can leave!" Jag surprised at the sudden and brief explosion remained silent for a bit.

"Hey at least we've got the 'suicide' mission." Jag replied trying to lighten the mood but RK remained silent as he contemplated the mission ahead. When Garet finally reached them instead of addressing the squad he went to have a word with Riqimo.

When he came back he sounding aggravated and he said, "All right listen I don't want any more stupid antics like this! We have more things to worry about, stick together from now on and don't disobey me again. Understand?" Every member of Eclipse was silent, and then Garet proceeded, "Good. Now Jag you come with me, we've managed to get a bit of information on those turrets were gonna be taking out. Now I don't wanna bring any excess equipment so only bring the right amount. Now come on the holoprojector is this way."

Jag obediently followed Garet to a well concealed area under snow capped trees where there was a holoprojector set up so he could see the compound clearly from aerial images. Then Garet adjusted the projection and it slowly zoomed in on what appeared to be the sort of heavy turret that would probably go for a billion credit's on the black market. But from what he could tell he'd probably need every gram of explosive that the squad was supplied with otherwise the turrets wouldn't be taken out fully.

When Jag was finished explaining to Garet he replied, "Well you can be rear guard then. That way if anything happens the rest of us might survive." Jag made a small sound that Garet assumed was a laugh but Jag was full of worry.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
TRP/PFC jag fel/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
"Say hello to my little friend" Tony Montana
"Im going to make him an offer he cant refuse"
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Godfather
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  348
Total Posts:  1091
December 15, 2006 7:39:40 PM    View the profile of Leon 

Raiders

"Attack!," shouted Darr-Rann over the intercom. At the signal, Leon raised his rifle, and let three blood red bolts fly from the tip of his barrel, not caring where they went or who they hit. Leon then quickly dived forward, and tried to burry himself as deep as he could in the snow. "I got one!" shouted Darr-Rann over the intercom. But Leon paid no attention to the chatter over the intercom. All he wanted was a kill, but to do that, he needed to spot his prey, and then the hunt would begin. Leon quickly scanned the terrain in front of him, but to his dismay, nothing could be spotted. The winds were beginning to pick up, and it was becoming harder and harder to see through the snow.

But Leon had an idea. Sliding his hand back to his pouch, which was holding his grenades and knives, he quickly pulled out a grenade and rose out of the snow. Leon tore the pin off, and threw it into the white veil that blinded him. Leon then dived back into the snow, waiting for the explosion to sound off. A second later, a bright flash lit up the terrain before him, and in that fracture of a second, he marked down two of the enemy's location. I got you now, thought Leon as an evil grin slowly snaked its way across his face.

Raising his rifle up to firing position, Leon took careful aim, and let loose three crimson red bolts. For a second, everything seemed to freeze, and then slowly but surely, the sound drifted into his ears. It was the sound of someone screaming. Another evil smile snaked across his face, even more sinister then the one before. But the moment quickly ended, as a row of bright flashes lit up the snow before him, killing anything that was in its path.

"Wooooohoooo!" Shouted Rogueboy in excitement. "That's Raiders for you Thrawn!"

Leon's sinister grin quickly disappeared as he searched for his next victim. He still didn't have his kill, and was beginning to grow desperate, very desperate.

-----------------------
Raiders
May god have mercy upon my enemies, for I will show none.
TRP/LCP Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
RK
ComNet Cadet

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  260
Total Posts:  823
December 15, 2006 7:40:17 PM    View the profile of RK 

The worry in Jag's eyes made RK laugh, it was almost humerous, that is until they started off. Garet took up the lead, like usual, Rk was in the midlle, squeezed between Riq and Jelly, Jag took up the back. Typex was also back there.

"Alright, stay focused, let's not mess this up." Garet was anxious to get going, the cold was probably freezing there brains without them knowing it. RK could feel the cold, even through the heat that was coming from his heating pad.

RK kept silent for a bit, he thought he had heard a beeping sound, over the snow and the humming of the engines he wasn't sure. beep . What the hell is that noise? This time RK listened closer, as soon as he heard it again he knew what it was. where is it coming from? it was a matter of life and death now, he had to figure it out quick. It's coming from behind me, better check Jag and Typex. RK slowed his speeder down, just enough to get behind Typex and Jag, the force from him breaking almost threw him backwards off his bike. now which one of you has it? He looked intentively at both troopers , he knew if he didn't hurry one o them would die. The sound of the beeping got faster, he knew he had mere seconds, then Jag turned.

"RK, what's that noise?" Jag sounded worried, but at the same time his voice was brave.

"It's a bomb, I can't find were it's at, it's on yours or Typex's." With that he saw Typex look to see what was going on, though RK couldn't see it, but  Typex was worried.

"Everything alright back there?" Garet chimed in through the commlink. "No sir, there sounds like a bomb has been activated, I can't find it." RK looked harder, the beeping got louder and faster, when it seemed like all hope was lost, he heard it. "Typex! Search your belt, it's coming from there."

Typex quickly searched his bag, for a second it looked as if Typex thought RK was crazy, then he found it.

Typex looked at it for a while, then as if it hit him, he threw it out of any danger. RK looked back to see it fly, once it hit the ground it exploded. RK turned back to where he was facing.

"Good Job guys, now let's finish this." Garet's voice came over the comlink, his voice was confident, but RK was worried. if that can happen once, what's the chances of something like that happening again, maybe nest time we won't be so lucky. he shrugged the thought off, knowing the chances were slim, as he tried to catch up with the group.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

TRP/LCPL
RK/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES] [2nd Class]

" I am the best at what I do. Only what i do isn't very nice." - Wolverine

"I have wept over to many graves." -Magneto, God loves, Man kills.
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 15, 2006 7:47:36 PM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 17, 2006 12:35:53 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  621
Total Posts:  765
December 15, 2006 7:42:20 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
*DARK DRAGOONS*

"Attack!"

Darr-Rann's voice erupted all comliks, instantaneously sending all squads moving up the battlefield.

"Wooohoooo!" Zafo shouted; he needed to get the adrenaline flowing. He slammed on the throttle exploding the repulsor tank forwards. The smaller snow boulders stood no chance as the tank simply plowed through them.

"Orders?" Zafo inquired using the tank-to-tank communications.

There was a moment's pause before Sam's voice answered the question;

"Our main objective is to take care of the mechs, so we won't waste our time with the infantry for now. Try to avoid combat, simply plow through them if they pose any threat. It would be damn hard if the other squads had to take care of the mechs on their own because the tanks got destroyed before ever reaching their objective. The enemy walkers are in three groups of three. We will engage one group at time, starting from the northernmost one. If we all take one group at a time, chances are each walker will target one of ours. That sure beats three against one."

"Roger that." Zafo replied.

"All weapon's systems up and functional." Durandal shouted from the gunner's seat. He was examining the battlefield through the eyes of the tank's heavy laser cannon.

"Awesome," replied Zafo, bringing the tank into formation with Sam's and Kami. "We won't be stopping to take out the infantry just yet, but try and take as many out as you can while we pass."

"Sure thing."

The three Dragoon-manned vehicles raced across the battlefield, leaving small squads of Thrawn's infantry scattered in massive clouds of snow.  Some infantry were taken out on the way, but the numbers were insignificant next to how many remained. Duran let out a cheer as he sent another one of Thrawn's men to their icy graveyard.

The first group of AT-STs were now almost within attack range.

"Call your walkers," The Squad Leader's voice demanded over the speaker.

"Middle." Responded Kami before Zafo even had time to ponder the answer.

"Right, I guess." Zafo answered, staring at the walking havoc-wrecker.

"And that leaves me with the left one." Sam replied. "Let's do this."

Zafo watched as the hovervan raced ahead, its speed and acceleration unmatchable by the tanks or the AT-STs.

"When using a laser cannon against AT-STs, aim for where the legs meet the head," Zafo shouted to Duran as he aimed at their target. "You'll be more likely to damage critical components."

Duran nodded as he prepared for the first exchange of fire. Slowly, the walker's head shifted to look right at the approaching repulsor tank. The rocket tube on the side of it's head lit up as it set one loose.

"Incoming!" shouted Zafo over the noise of the now firing heavy laser cannon.

So it begins...

-----------------------
~ZaFo

*DarkDragoons*

TRP/GSG ZaFo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  581
Total Posts:  635
December 15, 2006 9:13:51 PM    View the profile of Squall 

Squall lunged out of the way as a frag grenade went off about 10 meters behind him.  Everyone was nearly blind from the blizzard coming in, and the new squad of enemies were using their element of suprise to their advantage.

Aeos and Rogue hadn't decided to set up the E-web, because it would be of no use to them in this kind of weather, without having the enemies close enough to see.  Squall new the generator pack on Rogue back was ready to go, and that Aeos was ready to hook it up, whenever need be, but now wasn't the time.

The A-280 felt good in Squall's hands.  He hadn't used once since training, and it brought back a lot of good memories of when he had joined the Vast Empire Army, years ago.  When pulling the trigger, bursts let out in a nicely signified zone.  Squall noted that they were quite accurate also, not too fast, not too slow.

Squall was alone now, creeping up on what he thought to be the left flank of the squad.  He could see red bolts flashing across the battlefield as blind shots were put out by both of the sets of troopers.  The HUD didn't make the situation any easier, Squall would have to basically manually tell who was who, and who had had to shoot.

Enemy snowtroopers fell into Squall's vision as he took a couple more steps.  Squall immediately dropped to the ground in an attempt to camoflauge himself from the enemy.  He could feel the heavyness of his pack on his shoulders as he apexed, putting all of the wait on his stomach and bringing his rifle up into firing position.  With a couple of bursts, he caught one of the troopers off guard, bringing him down instantly.  Squall quickly reached for his grenades and threw one off into the group, hoping it would do a critical amount of damage.  A few seconds later, bodies were flying all over the battlefield, some in his direction.  Squall could feel the success as he took aim to find anything else that had made it out of the large explosion.  Explosives were his suit, and he was using them well.

"I've taken out a large sum of those enemy troopers, coming in on their left flank sir," said Squall, "I'd say about 5-6 six of them are incapacitated."

"Good work, Raiders, come around and bring up that left flank, we've got them worked around now," said Darr "Squall, whats the enemies position?"

"About 8 meters from my position to the west on your hud.  I've marked their position on your huds, you should be able to find them pretty easily now," said Squall, he noted that the weather was starting to clear up.  "Looks like the weather is starting to clear up, be ready for anything out of the ordinary"

Squall was persistant in his attack on the left flank of the troopers, but now he knew that they would know someone would be coming from his direction, so he took the best choice possible.  Squall got another frag ready and started rushing into the area, blaster ready for anything in his sights.

"Squall, we're coming up from behind you, seems as though we have them lost," said Rogue, "Bringing up your rear"

Vision cleared up in an instant.  Squall could now see all of the troopers.  Amazing!  They were right behind them, the enemies facing the complete direction.

"Now, they don't know where we are!" said Squall

Squall chucked the grenade with all of his strength and let the bursts out of his rifle.  Bolts came from Squall's left and right as the Raiders unloaded their magazines into the squad of troopers, bringing them down like flies.  Squall counted two more kills, the grenade had been overthrown.

"Looks like their making a run for it sir," said Squall, "Lets bring em in"

Squall began to run at a medium pace, his bag hitting his back armor as he speeded up.  Squall kept firing at the enemy troopers as Rogue, Aeos, and Preditor came up from behind him.  Predator was moving very fast, and Squall knew he had those capabilities.  He was of another race.  Preditors rifle was holstered on his back, the creature was going in hand to hand.

"Keep firing, make a diversion, he's going to tear them apart," said Squall

Within a couple of seconds, out of Squall's sight, he could hear the screaming of the enemy troopers.  Preditor had made contact, and he was ripping them apart.  Squall fell behind as Rogue rushed in, firing madly at the rest of the targets.

"Follow Rogue up, looks like we've got them cornered," said Darr

Bum Bum Bum....That song is still stuck in my head!

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
----------------------
TR/SGT Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  687
December 15, 2006 9:56:36 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue was ready with the generator all he was waiting for was Aeos's command in order to set up, because of this Rogue didn't leave her side. Rogue heard a slight hum and turned around immediately falling to the ground as a repulsor tank flew by and knocked an enemy snowtrooper down.

"Hey watch where you guys are flying those things I damn near had my skull crushed."

Sam's voice came over the intercom.

"Sorry, couldn't tell if that was you."

Rogue sighed, that's all he needed was to get run down, but than again if it wasn't for the temperature on this planet Riqimo would never of made it past the gorgodons and Rogue would most likely of been sent to clink for the remainder of his life. Rogue turned his thoughts to the task at hand; the killing. The cries of the dead and dying reached Rogue's ears and while at the moment they wash down over him at night they will be on his thoughts.

Rogue tripped and fell and decided not to get up and continued firing from his position, all of a sudden an enemy snowtrooper ran within three feet next to Rogueboy and was firing in the general direction of his squad. Rogue squeezed the trigger rapidly firing four shots, three of which hit the enemy; one that did no damage because of armour, the second burned through a hole through his abdomen, and the third bounced off his helmet. Rogue could hear the man screaming basic.

"Ahh!! I'm hit, Medic, Somone help me! The pain!"

Rogue felt bad for him and wanted to put him out but knew he would be exposing himself if he did it. Squall came over on the comlink.

"I've taken out a large sum of those enemy troopers, coming in on their left flank sir, I'd say about 5-6 six of them are incapacitated."

Rogue felt his morale soar at the news, perhaps Thrawn isn't as tough as we all thought him to be. Rogue stared around the battle field looking for a new target, it was near impossible to see much in the weather but Rogue was vaguely able to make out two Raiders, Darr and Rayden crouched on their knees and firing, Rogue ran as fast as he could. A sudden swirl blocked Rogue's vision and when it cleared they were gone. Squall came over the intercom.

"Looks like their making a run for it, let's bring em in."

Rogue looked on his HUD radar and saw what appeared to be his squad running north, Rogue started jogging in that direction passing by dead and mortally wounded snowtroopers.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Rayden Shiong
ComNet n00b

Rayden Shiong

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  91
December 15, 2006 10:58:03 PM    View the profile of Rayden Shiong 

Raiders

Rayden followed the fleeing enemy along with the rest of his squadron, firing all the way. he was pretty sure that he hadn't hit any of them though, as they were quite a bit ahead of the Raiders.

The enemy stopped and split up, three going left and three going right. Darr held his right hand up, signaling the squadron to stop.

"Me, Squall, Leon and Preditor will go left. Aphamos, Rouge, Aeos, and Rayden will go right. "

A NavPoint showed up on the rest of the squadron's HUDs, the NavPoint was indicated by an orange arrow.

"We'll meet up at the NavPoint once the enemy squadron is eliminated. Is that clear?"

The squadron members nodded. Darr nodded and him and his group went left, to follow their designated targets. Aphamos nodded curtly at Rayden and the others, and began marching right. The group followed him.

Rayden switched his view from normal to infrared. He saw nothing in front of him. Suddenly, a blaster bolt impacted against a tree that was a few inches next to his head. The enemy troopers had doubled back, and were behind them.

"Ambush!" Aphamos yelled, then dived behind a fallen tree for cover. The rest of the group did the same. Rayden fired blindly from the tree he was behind. He was met with four blaster bolts that hit the tree, causing it to smoke. With his infrared activated Rayden could clearly see the three enemy Stormtroopers through the snow and brush. They were in a V-Formation, wit hthe leader at the front and the other two close behind him on both sides.

"Rayden, flank them! We'll provide suppression fire!" Aphamos ordered through the his Helmet Comm. Rayden complied and bounded fro his cover, darting between trees. He was hoping to flank them from their right, he would go for their leader first, if possible.

Rayden darted out from one more tree, appearing only a few yards to the right from the enemy, just as he had planned. Rayden took aim at the leader's head and fired just as one of his squad-mates fired. The two blaster bolts hit the leader in the head simultaneously. However, his shot had gained the attention of the trooper closest to him. Before Rayden could focus his intention on him, the enemy Trooper had rammed into him. The two feel backward and rolled a few feet before coming to a rest.

The enemy trooper on top of Rayden attempted to aim his E-11 at his head. Rayden managed to swat the gun , causing it to fire wide and miss. Rayden primed his right hand, the mechanical one, and delivered a knockout punch straight into the eye piece of the troopers helmet. The trooper clutched his eye and rolled off of on top of Rayden, allowing him to get up. Rayden picked up the troopers E-11 Blaster Rifle and attempted to shoot the trooper in the head. However, the Trooper had recovered from the punch (Albeit the eye peace that had been punched had shattered, and a piece of it had gone into the troopers eye) and did a leg sweep, effectively sweeping Rayden off his feet.

The trooper kicked Rayden in the abdomen and reached down to pick up his E-11. Rayden had doubled over from the kick, but recovered quickly. He pulled his vibro-bayonet out it's holster on his thigh and shoved it through the Troopers neck as he bent down to get his rifle. The trooper clutched his throat and fell over on his side, dead.

Rayden painfully got up to his feet and pulled his bayonet out of the Trooper's neck and cleaned it off before putting it back in his holster. Rayden turned to were the last trooper was, only to find him already dead. Apparently, one of his three squad-mates had got him in the chest.

Rayden picked up his A-280 and checked it's ammo. A moment later, Aphamos and the others showed up. Rougeboy glanced at the trooper Rayden had killed.

"Looks like you had some fun."

Rayden said nothing. His back hurt...

[This message has been edited by Rayden Shiong (edited December 15, 2006 11:51:50 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rayden Shiong (edited December 16, 2006 2:41:29 AM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  582
Total Posts:  635
December 16, 2006 12:00:46 AM    View the profile of Squall 

Squall jumped over the small trench that a group of soldiers had attempted to make, probably one that they didn't get enough time to use.  Squall looked out over the distance, Dragoons showing up on his HUD display.

"Looks like Dragoons are in position, getting ready to go in on those mechs, lets finish up these last couple of enemies and get out there, we got work to do," said Darr

"Yeap, I saw them at their waiting position also, have you got the enemies positions? Are they still running or have they stopped?" said Squall

"They're going...very slow in the opposite direction of us, I haven't figure out why yet," said Darr, "Move in cautiously, you never know what they've got out there"

Squall kept at a medium pace with the rest of the group, Preditor leading the pack, letting out small grunts with each step.  Squall could tell that the beast was getting hungry, hungry for more battle.  Squall couldn't imagine what things were running through Preditors mind at the moment, but he completely wiped this thoughts from his, knowing that it would sidetrack him if he thought to deeply about the subject.

Darr and Leon were both on each side, the small group in a little diamond formation, to cover all four sides.  Squall kept checking in the distance for anything unfamiliar.  Wait, everything was unfamiliar.

"Shh," said Darr through the com, "Looks like there is a small base of operations over on this part.  They've got radar set up and there is a small outpost and everything," said Darr, "Cut the chatter, move in on my signal"

Squall crept in the small formation, bringing his rifle up for aim.  A frag grenade fell into his hand with instinct.  He knew this would be a flashy one.  Though the outpost was one of the smallest he had seen yet, he knew it to be a listening post.  Somewhere for Thrawns forces to get an early warning, but he warning was already out.  Or was it?

Darr's arm lifted up in the air, and with one swift movement, the Squad went into a run.  Squall rushed in behind Leon, they wen't single file, hiding their numbers, coming in on the right side of the outpost.  Squall switched over to the main frequency in the area, attempting to pick up enemy chatter.

"Er...uh, we're picking something up.  Looks to be allied troopers coming back from their patrol.  Ah, yes, there they are.  Good to see your back Greg," said the voice over the link.

Darr motioned for them to keep going and Predator to hang back.  Squall kept on the channel.

"Stale patrol, nothing out there," said Squall, disguising his voice a bit to fit the enemies.

"Alright, we're sending in the next shift.  See you when you guys arrive," said the voice over the com system.

Squall had a bit of a smile on his face as they approached the base, but it was immediatly interupted as Leon began shooting at the small outpost.  Squall cut the pins and threw two grenades into the entrance.

"Uh, whats goin on out there?" said the person on the other side of the com system.  "Send someone down to check that ou..."

Then the explosions triggered, and the radio was cut.  Preditor came running in from behind, jumping wildly through the air onto one of the troopers backs.  The trooper began to yell, but it was no use.  Within a couple of seconds he was dead, blood dripping from his throat.

"Squall, form up, looks like they've locked themselves in.  Breach those doors with a charge," said Darr

Squall quickly grabbed the breaching charge out from behind him.  He had packed his things so well that he knew exactly where it was.  After attaching it to the door, he set the time for 10 seconds, just enough to get out of the way before the door would blow wide open.

"10 seconds, move away from the door about 5 meters," said Squall, coming around and holding himself up against the outside of the outpost, his back against the wall.  Darr stood beside him as Leon and Preditor waited on the other side of the door.

Boom

The door blew open, Squall and Darr the first to go in.  Squall saw the first man and immediately let off a round of fire, dropping him to his knees.  Two more enemies emerged from the left.  Leon quickly dispatched them with yet another round of fire as Preditor assisted.  The group quickly made their way up the stairs.

"This is Rogue, we're at the rendevous point.  You guys better hurry up," said Rogue

After moving up the stairs, Squall took the right side of the hallway with Darr, Preditor and Leon taking the left.  Squall threw a grenade through the door, hoping it would take out whatever to be in the room.  After the explosion, they breached the doors and went right in, but to their suprise there was nothing on the other side except for panels blew wide open.

"Nothing here, lets move to the rendevous point," said Darr, and the group headed out.

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
----------------------
TR/SGT Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited December 16, 2006 12:01:40 AM)]
Kael
ComNet n00b

Kael

Post Number:  23
December 16, 2006 12:31:42 AM    View the profile of Kael 
Kael felt a surge of emotion as the order to attack was broadcast

This is it, focus on the mission, focus on your guns

Kami wasted no time in kicking the GX12 to its full capacity, shooting out ahead of the other Dragoon's as they barreled over and through the ice fields of Illum.

"Facility in range!"

Kami's call from the front of the mech echoed through the tactical headpiece Kael wore instead of his regular helmet

"Looks like intelligences estimates of the defenses were off, I'm picking up no fortified trenches or walkers&&Infantry incoming"

Kael slightly rotated his twin-mounted cannon before the van hit and ran through a defensive line of snow-troopers, their fire was ineffectual against the mechs armor&.the same could not be said in return. Both Kael and Urakai snapped off two shots apiece before the troopers were out of range. The anti-mech weapons punched through armor like tissue paper, the beams leaving a ionized air trail as they passed through whatever obstacles that were presented before them.

The two hover-tanks passed through at a slower but much more lethal pace, Thrawns troopers, doing the only thing they could, scattered; Abandoning their defensive line to break into small shifting battles with the advancing Raider Squad.

Sam's voice came in over the com

"Leave the mop-up to the raiders, there is plenty more where they came from, lets track us down some walkers"

As if on queue a trio of AT-ST walkers appeared on sensors

Kael vaguely heard orders being snapped out as a walker was assigned to each mech. The sound of his own heartbeat seemed immense, everything else seemed to slow as fear for his life overrode Kael's senses.

A large explosion caused the van to sway precariously before Kami corrected it's course

"What the hell are you two doing back there?! Take the middle one!"

With a piloting ability Kael found admirable Kami rolled the GX nearly 90 degree's, slamming repulsor lifts to full at the same time; causing the van to shoot hundreds of meters out of line in seconds, heavy laser fire pounded the area they were just in, gouging deep furrows in the ice.

Training took over as Kael centered his sites on the walker, triggering a double burst that seems to do little or no damage before they were past it and looping around for another pass

Time to earn my pay&..what do we have that can bring these things down

He saw their AT-ST turn to target them, the pilot having to take small even steps to stop the machine from slipping.

The legs!

Kael activated his com

"Kami, can you get us closer?"

The sergeant did not question his motives, her only reply was a  sharper loop that ran them on a near-collision course with the imperial walker, making the van jump and dodge with a skill few people could match, the AT-ST's fire lanced out and sort to impale them, but always seemed to flash by harmlessly, concussion missiles exploded without effect before and after them but never causing significant damage.

"Urakai!, Aim for the ice near it's feet!"

He suited words to action as he swiveled his twin-linked cannons and poured fire into the ground before the machine, the super heated lasers evaporating the ice in mille-seconds.

Kami caught on immediately and launched grenades in the same direction, Urakai's shots following them in.

They shot past the walker with perhaps a meter to spare from one of it's skeletal like legs. Kael could imagine the machines pilot laughing at their inaccuracy, that laughter would die as soon as the mech turned&..it did.

As the walker rotated it's head and body again to target the smaller, faster craft it's right leg never made contact with the ground. The pilot, realizing what had happened tried to reverse the maneuver but it was too late, the AT-ST's leg fell into the hole the VE fire had created, causing the whole machine to overbalance.

It wobbled then fell heavily, armor plates dropped off before the walkers concussion missile rack blew. Sending projectiles in all directions and creating a fireball as the AT-ST was engulfed in the explosions.

The crew of 'Tin Can' let out a cheer as they spun around and picked a new target.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  688
December 16, 2006 12:45:56 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Raiders

Rogue was lying on his stomach as well was the other half of Raiders, this was under the orders of Aphamos in an attempt to reduce being seen. Rogue that it was silly because there was just so much snow it was almost impossible to see anything. Rogue increased the sound of his audio sensors so much so that it was almost deafening from the storm. All of a sudden a slight crunching sound came over the audio pickups.

"Hey guys I hear something."

Rogue said over the comlink while adjusting the sound on his audio sensors. Squall's voice sounded over the comm.

"Relax Rogue its just us, try not to get to trigger happy. I hope that gorgodon didn't screw up his head."

Aphamos rose up, and the squad followed suit. Darr spoke up his hands displaying that we should huddle up.

"Alright guys close in, look at the maps on your HUD displays, the enemy is dug in, that means we will have to try to close the gap as quickly as possible with the help from this storm. There are four rows of trenches, and two pillbox bunkers most likely armed with E-webs. We are going to come up alongside the left side of the first trench." lines magically appeared on the HUDs screen to show which trench said operation would take effect. "Once we overrun that corner of the trench we should spread through like wild fire, I want you two." Darr pointed at Aeos and Rogue. "To get that E-web going once you deem we took enough of the first trench." Aeos visibly nodded. "Preditor I want you to send those bunkers to hell, don't fret if you cant destroy both of them, we will have to storm them. You." Darr pointed at Squall. "Are staying on my ass in case I need your demolition abilities. Aphamos will pair up with Rayden, if you lose track of yourselves use your comlinks. There is a ten yard difference between each trench and the bunkers are located at the back left and right of the trenches. We are going to storm through them. Everyone hands out."

Darr put his hand out first, followed by Aph, Squall, Aeos, Rogue, Rayden, and finally the claw. The entire squad chanted.

"May the force be with us."

Rogue made a private prayer to Succellus his god of war, all together the Raiders started off at a trot going east.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Durandal
ComNet Novice

Durandal

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  158
December 16, 2006 1:29:52 AM    View the profile of Durandal 
Durandal placed the manual down and rubbed along his temples. His head hurt from reading half the manual in ten minutes. He looked down and smiled, seeing his DC-17 laying in the duffel bag at his feet, with enough anti armor ammunition to take out four AT-AT's. An exaggeration? maybe, he thought, but they would need every bit of it. There were known to be at least nine AT-ST's and Vaynus's own Entourge, which meant a larger amount of enemies, and alot more than nine AT's. He swallowed the taste of bile in his throat as the nervous feeling rose up in him again.
He looked back in the manual, and found out how to map the controls. He took a few minutes doing that, and sat back, sweat pouring over his forehead. He closed his eyes and the past recent events flew over his eyes.

------- an hour before----

Durandal walked down the ramp, walking slowly past Gunny and Sam. His duffel bag was closed and his grenade launcher was strapped over his back. He felt ready to take the world, but he also felt scared. Zafo stood behind him and they surveyed the the area to the left of the ship, waiting for the Sarge to give them the orders. The Repulser Tanks and the HoverVan wern't far off. When they got their, he was paired up with Zafo. The voices were distorted, he couldn't tell what was going on. But he followed Zafo into the Repulsertank. He started it up and Durandal dropped his things on the deck, sitting at the gunners station and gazing quietly at the controls. The journey seemed strangely uneventful...

---- the present ---

Durandal sat strait up and shook his head.

"Wooohoooo!" he heard from the front of the tank. He looked up and he felt the tank lurch. As they sped forward.

A few moments later he heard Zafo on the com, "All weapon's systems up and functional," he shouted up to Zafo.

"Awesome," He heard from Zafo.

"We won't be stopping to take out the infantry just yet, but try and take as many out as you can while we pass."

"Sure thing." Durandal replied back. Quickly he set up the smaller cannons, and they started blasting at the incoming infantry. He had only taken a couple out and had to shut them off real quick as the HoverVan, piloted by Kami Drove past, nearly running into his blasts.

He smiled and let up a cry, having blasted at least a couple troops to nothing.

Durandal set up his laser cannon for the right most AT-ST and aimed for the legs. He focused the three smaller blaster cannons on the AT-ST as well, hoping to swamp the mech in laser fire...

-----------------------
Without our rifles and our brothers, we are nothing.

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. -Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Puller (when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions)
-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC Durandal/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > A Gift for Thrawn (HSC)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:26:13 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 113  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >