Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > The Quick, Dead, and Foolish:Battle of the Ghemost

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Quick, Dead, and Foolish:Battle of the Ghemost
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  90
Total Posts:  1920
  RE: The Quick, Dead, and Foolish
November 17, 2006 12:22:10 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah walked the corridors thinking about that walking carpet Etan or whatever the thing was called's protocol droid. He had seen some annoying droids before but that one really took the cake. It also looked as if it had been assembled from balster burned scrapheap parts and had a defective personality chip to boot. He didn't notice Etan until he nearly walked into him.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sayah/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

"We're all dying. Promise yourselves you'll be the last to go."
Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited January 11, 2007 10:02:47 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  124
Total Posts:  439
November 17, 2006 3:58:58 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag walked out into the corridor after hearing Etan shout something in shriwook. He knew the language to a certain extent. When Jag realised that he was asking were he was he knew it was about what he said to that droid...

He said in a loud voice, "Etan. Did I hear you call my name...?"

Etan turned around and advanced towards him...

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
TRP/PFC jag fel/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
"Say hello to my little friend" Tony Montana
"Im going to make him an offer he cant refuse"
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" Godfather
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  82
Total Posts:  423
November 18, 2006 1:51:56 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan,meeting Sayah and Jag Fell in the hall, had evened his rage. He knew that even as an outlaw unit, they would all have to pull together to accomplish this mission.

Having learned from his human smuggler uncles, that diplomacy was the best tactic, and knowing that Jag and Sayah understood at least a modicum of Wookie asked " Do you really have a problem with my best of friends the protocol droid being here on this ship?"

Sayah and Jag stood there momentarily while Etan bellowed on that" That C3P unit has bailed me out of many situations and as gung-ho as you two are, it may come to be that he bails you out of a situation or two. "

"I really don't care who you two think you are, but I have been a smuggler, pirate and trader for years. I have sold supplies to the Hutt's, been in the gang wars of the Outer Realms and most recently was imprisoned selling arms to my most hated enemies The Wookie Slavers."

"I have nothing else to say to you at this time" Etan relished the surprise on Jag and Sayah's face, meanwhile making an about-face and marching back towards the helm. It was there he really expected some answers from Commander Raigen about this mission and where he stood.What was the plan of attack was all Etan required.

The days spent in solitude required a certain amount of action. I.E. Days spent idle equals days on edge. Etan looked forward to this action and wanted to know, When it would start?

266?

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 18, 2006 2:04:58 AM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 18, 2006 2:13:35 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  127
November 18, 2006 1:01:08 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag quick to recover looked at Sayah. He said, "Well at least we still have our limbs intact. If you need me I'll be checking my weapons..."

Jag walked off leaving Sayah with that look of surprise still on his face. Jag walked in to the compartment before the nav console and re checked the coordinates again. Satisfied he walked into the living quarters where Sayah just finished talking to Halos and Jag dedcided to introduce himself

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited December 29, 2006 9:02:49 AM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  246
Total Posts:  760
November 18, 2006 9:44:27 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Halos Bok was in the crew quarters cleaning his Espo Riot Gun when he heard commotion coming from the main hold.  He could tell it was between two humans and Etan, but he didn't pay much more mind to it.  It was probably started by one of the humans.  Then the human called Sayah walked in.  He looked at Bok and considered him for a second before making a decision.

"You don't talk much," said Sayah.

"If it is not necessary for me to speak, I do not," replied Bok.

"Pretty much just the opposite of that annoying droid then," remarked Sayah.

"Oh I have come in contact with some worst tin men than him," said Bok.

"So what do you got there?" asked Sayah about Bok's gun.

"An ESPO Riot rifle, a single shot might not do much damage but a burst of them will."

"Do you have any armor with you?  It seems like everybody has, like I have Clone Commando armor and Jag Fel has ARC Trooper armor."

Bok stopped what he was doing and pulled back the cloak to reveal the Microbe armor.  He was amused by Sayah's look of surprise.

"Doesn't look like much compared to all you people with full armor, only time will tell you why I chose it.  I think it is my turn to ask a question, is there something specific you are trying to figure out?"

(OCC: Shorter than most I write, I have to get off the computer.) 

-----------------------
EFL/WO2 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=TE=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}

[Black Hand]
SC/LtJG Halos Bok/1st Element/Gulf Flight/Hunter Squadron/Ace Wing/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Navy/RDA(H)

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers, unless you have a lot of cookies to throw in opposite corners to distract them.
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

Post Number:  91
November 20, 2006 9:51:57 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah walked towards the crew quarters contemplating the Wookie and his annoying droid. He just hoped that Etan would try to bring the droid with him though. He might have an opportunity to "accidentally" vaporize it. However ,if Etan tried to release his stress on them again he would show the furball he was not someone to be dismissed lightly...

-----------------------

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 20, 2006 9:53:52 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  134
November 20, 2006 4:32:38 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag in the crew quarters noticed someone he had as yet introduced himself to. He walked up to him and said, "I'm Jag Fel and you would be...?"

He looked up from his weapon and said, "My name is Halos Bok"

They shook hands and they started talking about what might lie ahead...

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  100
November 20, 2006 5:28:56 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah sat on a bunk and pulled off his arm armour. He then removed the ebony coating of his artificial hand and deactivated it before pulling out a hyfrospammer and a kit containing spare parts. He opened up the "palm" of the mechanical hand and added a metallic spherical objetc. He connected several wires and closed the palm before continuing to tinker with the fingertips. He removed the standard fingers and replaced them with some specially modified ones that might be useful on the coming mission. He made sure the non-standard side power coupling was well attached before reconnecting the hand to the clone commando armour. He heard someone coming and looked up... 

-----------------------

Commander Salvo
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  89
November 22, 2006 1:19:37 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
It was Etan that walked into the room. The tension that filled the room could be cut with a vi-bro-blade.

Etan looked down on the cast of characters, laying or sitting in their various positions throughout the quarters,while his best friend sat in the corner temporarily on standby mode, and thought to himself." I need these guys. I need to gain their trust. I so far haven't done that."

Etan didn't know how he as a big old Wookie could accomplish that, so he did an about face and tried to think of a place no one would find him. A place he could hide. A place he could think.

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  691
Total Posts:  1363
November 22, 2006 2:24:03 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen plopped down into the easy chair pilots seat and strapped in. The panel in front of him stretched from one side of the cockpit to the other. He flipped the switches above his head and powered up the repulsor engines. The ship slowly rose from the floor of the hanger. Raigen placed his feet on the directional pedals and pushed forward with his left foot and backward with his right. The Hawk slowly turned around to face the blue shield of the hanger. Another switch flipped would raise the landing gear and seal the ship in an airtight state. Raigen's voice would come over the ship's com system, "Ok everyone, we're lifting off. Halos, get to the cockpit. Everyone else, we are about to enter hyperspace so in about two minutes, strap yourself into one of the acceleration seats."

Raigen put up the com transceiver and went back to the controls. The small computer screen on the panel would read out a clearance prompt. Raigen entered in one of the random codes he had memorized and the blue shield disappeared. The Gray Hawk's sub light engines shot the ship forward with amazing acceleration. They had gone from 0 to 100 MGLT in about a second, slamming Raigen back against his seat. The freighter would gain distance from the super star destroyer so that they could make a hyperspace jump without the destroyer's gravity well generators getting in the way.

Halos reached the cockpit shortly after. Raigen would address him, "Two jumps, the first to a space station mid way, the second to the actual location, understand. Don't answer!" It was harsh but that was how it went in this business. Halos nodded. "Good, tell none of the others. I had the others input false coordinates to throw them off. No one can know all of the information. The real coordinates are on the datapad under your seat!" Halos nodded once more and reached under his seat for the datapad. He handed it to Raigen who plugged it into the terminal and uploaded the contents. "There seems to be some issues with the crew, getting dangerous. I've been in my quarters watching the security camera feeds. I'll need you help to disarm them. It's come to my attention that they have some grenades on board. Nothing against them but if anything goes wrong they could blow this whole ship out from under us. Once we're in hyperspace we'll make sure there are no stray grenades around. Then we'll do the briefing, understand?" Raigen waited and halos Nodded again. He pressed the large, semi spherical, blue button on the control panel, propelling the Gray Hawk into the blue abyss of hyperspace.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Nazgul 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [VC:B]

[Red Dragon Order]
CC CO SC/SMar Raigen Tei-Yehn/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  109
November 22, 2006 8:45:08 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah placed his heavy weaponry in an armoured box on board the soaring freighter and sighed. He had grown accustomed to taking orders from Raigen and had to grudgingly admit the orders generaly made some kind of bizzare sense.

-----------------------
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited January 10, 2007 5:13:56 PM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  94
November 23, 2006 2:30:32 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan secured within the smugglers holding bays, thinks about the mission at hand and how he will fit in.

He knows there are larger are issues at hand, i.e. How can he keep his best friend C3pwo at his side, while at the same time defend him from the likes of Sayah.

Sayah has already reported to kill C3pwo if he accompanied this mission.

Etan has much thinking to do, and more than one issue to resolve. For example, where is his place in this mission. He had wanted to talk to Raigen before,but he was indisposed. Now, Etan required a full shcedule. Something to keep his mind occupied and his time off breaking bones as he had so much wanted to do before.

Etan never required or even needed grenades or any type of  explosions. He was an explosion waiting to happen. He can't wait for the star burst to end, as his kind calls it.

When hyper-speed ends he will be ready to come out of hiding along with all the answers to everyones questions.
!60 plus words? is that okay? for now?

-----------------------
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  140
November 23, 2006 7:34:11 AM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag looking for Etan after he decided to let things cool down found him just before he closed the hatch for the smuggling compartments. He said, "Etan listen. I'm sorry about the droid and everything but face it we dont need him on this ship."

Etan tried to cut him off but Jag raised his voice and said, "I know hes your friend but why not instead of mopping around about the droid you come to sit on the acceleration couch and we can all get acquainted properly..."

Jag left and after a few minutes Etan followed him.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited November 23, 2006 7:37:19 AM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  98
November 23, 2006 10:01:13 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan, knowing when he was wrong, followed Jag Fel to the proper acceleration ready room. On the way he roared in his Wookie way "It's just that you don't know what me and that droid have been through together."

Entering the room Halos Bok and Sayah greeted him. " Come on Wookie, have a seat next to me" Sayah beckoned.

Etan, reluctant at first, plopped his big ole Wookie butt, right next to Sayah. Etan wasn't going to argue the point anymore. He had had enough. He knew in his minds eye though, that, that droid would end up saving someone yet.

It was purported ,that, that particular droid had been built personally by a Jedi Knight. And, although modified on several occasions, was still a droid of much ingenuity.

The droid had been handed down to him from his human smuggler uncles Hans and Lans. Although Etan never quite understood how two brothers could be of different human races. One being White and the other Black. But what did that matter? He was their Wookie nephew. So?

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 23, 2006 10:09:38 PM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  99
November 27, 2006 2:31:25 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan sat and pondered many things as the acceleration couch grew larger, then smaller. Nothing was said, while time and space grew nearer.

Etan thought back to when C3Pwo announced him to the Wookie Slavers as 'Dewars the Hutt.' There were more than a few snickers until Etan bared his ultimate weapon, the 3d2 grenade launcher.

The room silenced. Sobastion walked up to Etan in a non-chalant way and asked "So what have you to trade Wookie?"

C3Pwo retreated to the ship re-entering the arena with a casket of weapons on a riser.

Two of the other Wookie Slavers advanced to inspect the cache of weapons." Seems adequate to us sir." one announced just before the stormtroopers scaled in.

Looking around, Etan saw stormtroopers advancing from every angle.From each entry and from above, they swarmed the place. Etan was taken without measure. No resistance was given from the Wookie Slavers either.

Once in costody, Etan admitted to the inquistioner of his roll in the arms trade. However, the Wookie Slavers denied all charges and actually were in on the capture of Etan. The Slavers set free gave Etan plenty of time to think about how he would get revenge.

Meanwhile C3Pwo, had already been enlisted into the ranks of the Imperial network. The Vast Imperial Navy found him useful as protocol droids go, and reprogrammed him for the n'th time.

Etan, given a choice between bad and badder, decided to join the VEN. He was given certain asssurance's such as C3Pwo being his companion along with an extra large craft to fly, accommodating his larger size and a special droid unit to assist him in his flight.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 27, 2006 2:55:24 AM)]
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  112
November 27, 2006 9:34:58 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah sat next to the Wookie, not sure why he had invited the furball over. He had never liked Woookies, not since a nasty little incident on Kashyyk in which he had been framed for murder and nearly been pulled apart by them. Shaking the unpleasant memories from his mind, he decided to give Etan a chance and turned in his seat. "Look I'm sorry if we had a misunderstanding but protocol droids like that get on my nerves and even if Jag and I were a bit tactless, you weren't exactly polite either. So let's let bygones be bygones and focus on co-operation. We won't last five minutes if we can't think about anyting but shooting each other in the back. Let's just stop this right now, OK?"

-----------------------
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

Commander Salvo
etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  101
November 28, 2006 11:01:55 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Sayah, now seeming proficient in Wookie, listens to what Etan has to say. It seems that a past experience with Wookies had given him this knowledge.

" It seems as though you and me don't come from to many different experiences." Etan sighs.

"We have both been though hardships for reasons beyond our control." "WE have both had to endure, overcome and adapt."I am sorry for any hardships you might have endured accorrding to my kind. However, I am not accountable for that."

" I accept your friendship and accept your conditions." Etan resigns. " My protocol droid goes with me, but he can safely stay here, in the corner of the sleeping quarters, in stanby- mode. Agreed?"

Sayah, agreeing with the Wookie, demands him to buckle himself into the accelleration couch." Get your Wookie butt buckled in quickly"Sayah, exclaims, as the ship is fastly propelled into Hyper space.

If it wern't for Sayah, Etan might have been a splash on the wall.

The Yt 1300 accellerates at an amazing pace. Transending time and space. Who knows what's next?

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 28, 2006 11:15:36 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  700
Total Posts:  1363
November 29, 2006 8:50:31 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen walked out of the cockpit and walked to the main quarters. It seemed full enough. "Ok guys, we're now in hyperspace en route to the target. But before we do anything, there is going to be a change of plans. It has come to my attentio that some of you have heavy weapons on board. While the outer hull of this vessel is rock solid, its stripped on the inside for space and weight. Which means, if you have any explosuives, grenades, grenade launchers, or anything stronger tha an espo riot gun, place it in these containers." Raigen placed his foot on the deck of the foreward compartment and stomped twice, four square pannels on the deck popped up revealing small weapons racks.

"So if you will all gather up the heavy stuff, we can get moving. Don't worry, you will get them once we reac the target." The crew slowly ean to load the weapons onto the racks. The racks closed and Raige flipped on the holo projector. A Providence-class cruiser appeared. It was large, a kilometer long in length, and very ominus looking. "This is the target, a trade federatio cruiser. Sayah may have seen one, they used these above coruscant in the clone wars. This one was made earlier, a prototype we think. It was headed to the Naboo Blockade but something happened, we don't know what. We will board the ship here, in the fighter docking bay, and then take this elevator to the bridge. We'll need tohold the sip and scout it for inhabitants. Kill ayone not Imperial or RDA. You will know they are RDA by a Red Dragon tatooed on there forehand. We wil the prep the ship and await the shuttle transporting RDA crewman who will pilot the craft to location 3. Halos is in charge when I am unreachable, after him...well...my own droids wil take over. They are on standbye."

Raigen exited he foreward compartent and headed for the cockpit. Wanting some down time, he hadn't slept well in a while.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Nazgul 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [VC:B]

[Red Dragon Order]
CC CO SC/SMar Raigen Tei-Yehn/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  144
November 29, 2006 9:53:25 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah placed his DC-17, his EMP grenades, and his other heavy weaponry on the rack. Intellectually, he knew it was a logical requirement and had himself seen the results of an accidental detonation. However, he still resented having to hand his weaponry over to a relative stranger. Putting his resentment aside, he mentally reviewed the layout of the Providence Class Cruiser. He had indeed fought on several in the last days of the Clone Wars and hoped this one was mostly automated as he had no desire to hack and blast his way through waves of assault droids. Taking the ship without damaging the weaponry or engines would be a challenge however, with the relatively small assault force availible. Not for the first time in his life, he thought "What have I gotten myself into?". 

-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 29, 2006 9:59:23 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  158
November 29, 2006 2:22:55 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag not really caring about the few grenades in his minh he brought put them in the container. When Jag walked back to the acceleration couch's he said, "Boy am I glad I brought those EMP grenades..."

Sayah laughed and said, "Tell me about it."

"So what did Raigen mean by the fact that you'd been on some of those ships before?" Sayah took a deep breath and explained his history.

When Sayah was finished there was an awkward silence that lasted until Jag started talking about the reason they might require a cruiser to 'accompany' them on their mission.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]
SM/Com Jag Fel/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)

[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited November 30, 2006 4:29:24 AM)]
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  157
November 29, 2006 4:55:18 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
"We could use the cruiser to destroy an enemy position. i've seen the tactic in use above Kashyyk and during the Clone Wars." Sayah suggested. "If the turbos still work we could use it for bombardment but I wouldn't count on it. We could end up doing for fixing than shooting and I'm anticipating a lot of mechanical work. Ever seen one before?" 

-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  261
Total Posts:  760
November 29, 2006 6:43:27 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
So the human Raigen was taking a chance with trusting the soul Twi'lek on the ship over the others.  Halos Bok could tell from the beginning that Raigen hadn't asked him to go on the mission out of a complete hunch.  Raigen knew stuff about him before he had confronted him in the Enlisted Club.  The question was how much did he know?  It was something he would have to investigate further in.

It was after the briefing and he was now alone in the crew quarters again.  He found it amusing how the others had to turn in their "big" guns and explosives and Halos didn't have to give up a thing.  His fetish with light weapons and armor on land made his fighter pilot philosophy ironic.  If he had the choice he would always pick some thing with a lot of armor and firepower.  This was apparent in a recent mission against the RS insurgency where he was the only one to pick a gun boat over the faster, TIE model options.  He watched Jag Fel enter the crew quarters.

"So, any idea why he made you second in command?" asked Jag.  "Considering that you didn't have to turn in any weapons either, you and Raigen must have some kind of 'business' history?"

"To address your second comment first, the reason I didn't have to turn in anything is because the biggest thing I have is an Espo Riot Rifle," replied Bok.  "I don't need heavy weapons to get the job done."

"From what I have seen and heard of you I can believe that."

"To your original point, I have no idea why he would choose me to be number two," Bok half lied&

2 Years Ago...

The alley in the middle of Verinian City was completely empty.  The sound of machines filled the urban jungle that was the industrial sector.  The air smelled unclean that filled Bok's lungs as he made his way through the alley way.  One man was pushing a hover platform loaded with crates that were much longer than they were wide.  There were 4 more men covering the flanks of the cargo, guns at ready.  In these troubling times the Slashers needed to be ready for anything.  They went another 20 yards or so before coming to a complete stop.  Halos walked up to a set of rusted, 12 feet high blast doors and proceeded to slide open a slot that revealed a key pad.  He punched in a code and stood back.  The two doors parted, dust fell from their edges.

The Slasher party brought the goods into the abandoned factory.  Out of the shadows of century old machines walked the buyer and his thugs.

"We got what you ordered right here," said Halos.  "The question is if you have the credits to pay for this all?"

"Money is fine and all, but I have a better proposal," replied the consumer. 

"If you are talking about spice, we are not interested," said Bok grimly.

"I was thinking of something a little more valuable than that...your lives!"

All of a sudden lights came on and the small Slasher party was surrounded from all sides and above.  But by that time there was an open crate, a lid on the ground, and a big gun known to all Verinians as the shrapnel gun slung to Bok's torso.

"I guess this is deal off then..."

-----------------------
EFL/WO1 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=TE=)[LoM][VC:B][CBV][MC:1][SWC]{VB}

[Black Hand]
SC/LtJG Halos Bok/1st Element/Gulf Flight/Hunter Squadron/Ace Wing/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Navy/RDA(H)

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers, unless you have a lot of cookies to throw in opposite corners to distract them.
etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  106
November 30, 2006 1:32:01 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan, of course, was a big ole Wookie. Like Halos Bok, he had no need of heavy weaponry. Everything Etan needed was within his grasp. And his grasp was extensive. So without saying, Etan had nothing to hide in the locker storage area.

He had listened to Sayah's conversation on the repairs a certain ship might need, while thinking to himself about what an accomplished mechanic he personally was. On more than one occasion, throughout his pirating/smuggling career, he had to repair sub-standard craft to the ability to fly. It was what he was known best for.

Given his R280 zx unit and or C3Pwo protocol droid, Etan could repair a Corellian Starship. Etan had worked on the biggest and smallest of crafts.Along with being an expert with weapons systems ,specially like the YT 1300 had, how could he relay this knowledge credibly to Raigen and the rest of the crew, he did not know.

Etan, once again, would have to think upon his approach to this particular subject.

Subconsciously, he didn't really care. He knew that a smuggler/ pirate/ hacker Wookie like his self would survive, despite the choices made by his superiors. He had both brains and brawn. If need be he'd hijack any ship to get away from a bad situation. And he could always count on C3Pwo to back him up.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 30, 2006 1:35:39 AM)]
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  165
November 30, 2006 10:01:00 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah eyed the Wookie warily, still not really trusting him. On the other hand, he had no intention of getting a second artificial limb or of spending a month in a bacca tank. He touched his knuckle and felt the reassuring bulge of his vibroblade. He could use it and use it well but had no intention of using it unless absolutely necessary. They may be working together but Sayah still din't trust him...

-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2006 10:05:35 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2006 10:05:36 AM)]
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  166
November 30, 2006 10:12:11 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah sat in his quarters, finishing up his modifications. He inserted a conductor into the palm and flexed his fingers. Suddenly, a whisp of smoke drifted out and shortly afterwards blue sparks began gamboling over his fingertips, shutting down the hand. Cursing steadily in many languages, he opened a compartment and removed a small cylinderical component. Opening a toolbox, he took out replacement pieces and resumed tinkering. Several minutes later he reactivated the hand and was relieved to see that it was in working order, capable of withstanding a normal blaster bolt without melting. He heard a footstep at the door and turned around...

-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 1, 2006 10:05:03 AM)]
jag fel
ComNet Initiate

jag fel

Post Number:  196
December 3, 2006 2:06:27 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Jag sitting in the lounge having a game of sabaac with Etan who surprised Jag by actually being good at the game. Just when Jag was about to win the hand- bluffing of course- Etan let out a distressed howl and from what Jag coul understan he was saying something about smoke.

They jumped up from the table simultaenuously and ran towards the source of the smoke. If there's a fire there isnt even gonna be a mission... When they reached the source of the smokein the sleeping quarters Jag was releved to see that there wasent a fire but it was just Sayah who by the looks of things who's hand was malfunctioning.

He looked over Sayah's shoulder. Seeing that it was a standard model Jag immediately knew that it was the power cell. He picked up the spare one and handed it to Sayah. "The best way to replace energy cells without doing damage to the circuits is to cut the wire in the service modue."

Sayah didnt even look up so busily trying to fix his hand he just nodded and took Jag's advice.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad
[Red Dragon Order]

[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited December 3, 2006 2:07:36 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited December 20, 2006 4:49:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited December 27, 2006 2:16:46 PM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  113
December 3, 2006 7:18:39 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan snickered.

-----------------------
Sayah
ComNet Initiate

Sayah

Post Number:  196
December 4, 2006 10:06:38 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah downed Jag with a well aimed kick, sending him sprawling face first to the ground, and glared. "Anyone else got any comments?" he asked.
He replaced a motivator and flexed the hand, secretly relieved it hadn't completely melted. To test the strength level he placed a fragment of metal in the palm and clenched. The metal fragmented.
Satisfied, he got up and headed for the lounge...
-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2006 10:10:06 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2006 10:10:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2006 10:11:15 AM)]
Chak Fel
ComNet n00b

Chak Fel

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  48
December 4, 2006 1:01:50 PM    View the profile of Chak Fel 
DELETED!
[This message has been edited by Chak Fel (edited December 27, 2006 2:21:25 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Cadet

Sayah

Post Number:  201
December 4, 2006 5:11:13 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah. really riled now, stunned Jag with a well aimed jab at a pressure point, grabbed his arm and pushed him into a seat. "It wasn't funny." He pulled on his arm armour and walked away.
P.S. Jag, if that is your navy sock puppet don't use it in the Quick, Dead, and Foolish.

-----------------------

[Black League]

Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2006 5:12:06 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2006 5:13:05 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > The Quick, Dead, and Foolish:Battle of the Ghemost  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:38:10 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 449  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >