Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  117
Total Posts:  218
  RE: ESC: Kaph Story
July 16, 2006 12:42:49 AM    View the profile of Demonic 
Kal fired off a lance of cannon fire, causing little real damage to the ship's versatile shields. He had heard of Mon Calamari craftsmanship  Their cruisers were known for their excellent quality and artistic style. They weren't as powerful as a Star Destroyer, but they were still dangerous. They were lucky that it was only a light cruiser, and not a larger type. Otherwise their deaths would be almost guaranteed.

"The cruiser just deployed a squadron of fighters from their hanger on this side." One of the alpha pilots said. Kal thought for a moment.

"Gamma flight two, form up with my flight and we'll take them. The rest of you keep on working on hitting those shield generators." The flight leader said, changing course slightly into the direction of the hanger.

"Kaph Leader, those X-wings& Their painted black." Than said. Surely enough, as they drew close, their sensors did not pick up the fighters.

"Damn, its those sensor masked fighters again. Try and damage their sensor masks, gamma, save your missiles for hitting the ship unless its absolutely necessary that you fire them. They caught us by surprise the first time, but we can win it now."

There were nine of the fighters, not quite a full squadron. Then again, the stealth-based nature of their fighters probably meant they didn't need quite as many to achieve success. Still, Kal knew they could be beaten. Kaph didn't have high-tech sensor masks like these stealth fighters did, but they were skilled pilots.

"Alright, remember to target everything manually unless you damage the sensor mask." He said, increasing speed to maximum and firing a few shots at one of the X-wings. The fighter rolled to the side, avoiding the attack. Kal, Than, and Krius flew down to pursue it.

Can't lose this thing visually, or we're going to be in big trouble. He looked down to his targeting computer for a second, moving the target manually so that he had the fighter within it's crosshairs. He shot.

"You got it!" Said Krius excitedly. A few of the shots slammed into the x-wing, causing a small fire or two to break out on it's hull. A blip came alive on the rader as it's sensor mask was destroyed. Than swooped in behind it, locking his Cannons on it and dispatching the fighter with a few rapid blasts.

"Enemy fighters behind us, I can see them through my back visual port. " Krius said. Kal looked back to see a gap in space and the glow of ion engines in the back of two enemy fighters.

"Kill the engines and then bring them back up on my mark!" Kal said. "Mark!" The TIEs dropped back, then increased speed again so that they pursued. The imperials hit the X-wings with a rapid succession of laser blasts. One of the X-wings exploded into a burst of flames, and the went spinning out of control.

Kal looked back to see the Gamma flight was having difficulties. "We need to get back to the fight!" He said, turning around to rejoin the fray.

-----------------------
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)
100% on both Exams, looking good.
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1404
Total Posts:  2143
July 16, 2006 2:11:59 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally! Tally!

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  122
Total Posts:  760
July 16, 2006 6:15:03 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"Gamma flight two, form up with my flight and we'll take them. The rest of you keep on working on hitting those shield generators," Said Demonic.

Than Sion got a good look at the fighters coming out of the hanger.

"Kaph Leader, those X-wings& Their painted black." Sion said.

"Damn, its those sensor masked fighters again. Try and damage their sensor masks, gamma, save your missiles for hitting the ship unless it's absolutely necessary that you fire them. They caught us by surprise the first time, but we can win it now," Willtconq replied.

Than Sion checked his radar quickly.  Will was right; they didn't appear on the display.  He could tell when they came out of the hanger that there were nine of them. 

"Alright, remember to target everything manually unless you damage the sensor mask," said Kal.

Kal fired upon one of the black snub fighters, causing it to roll to the side.  Kal, Sion, and Krius pursued it.  Demonic took a few surgical shots that took out the sensor mask.  Than Sion took the liberty of getting a computer lock on it and turning it to dust.

"Enemy fighters behind us, I can see them through my back visual port." Krius said.

"Kill the engines and then bring them back up on my mark!" Kal said. "Mark!"

Everybody put the thrust to zero.  The X-Wings shot over them and the TIE's came after them, firing up the snub fighters' sixes.  One was destroyed in the fray.

"We need to get back to the fight!" said Demonic.

Gamma was having its own problems with the black snubs.  One of the Gamma TIEs was being tailed by one of the Xs, taking heavy fire.  Than Sion pulled behind the X-Wing and fired upon it. 

Sion was not new to not using the targeting computer.  He liked lining up the shots by himself when it was more convenient then trying to get a lock.  Most notably remembered was the time when he blasted a bridge down on an X-Wing.

He lined up with his target and began to pump shots into its shields.  When the ship pulled off of the Gamma TIE, Sion led the shots in front of the X, causing it to run right into his fire.  He pumped more shots into the X-Wing until its shields dropped.  After that, it took only a well placed shot into the top, left engine to cause it to overload and explode.

He was coming around to go for another target when his ship jolted.  He juked and jinxed to try to avoid fire, but the enemy fighter kept getting shots in.  His shields went dangerously low when out of no where, a TIE flew right over his fighter that fired as it went.  The enemy fighter that had been tailing him was caught off guard and was destroyed because of it.

"Thanks for the help," said Sion.

"Just returning the favor," said the other Pilot.

It just hit him, it was the same Gamma fighter that he had saved only minutes before!

-----------------------
FM/CPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[MC:1]
I must have the power of the force, Trix lost three games due to early eight balls in pool.  
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  349
July 16, 2006 6:36:16 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The large Golan station was erupting in sporadic bursts of fire and explosions. Its power hand gone out as the black husk of its former self began to slowly degrade into the planets atmosphere. Short wisps of relief fell over the Zabrak; it was a major accomplishment for the squadrons to have taken it out with few casualties.

With their target at hand's demise Will came over the com outlining the next objective, it lay behind a bunch of orbital gun stations. Those stations were the immediate threat until an alarm blared; it was the hyperspace warning stating large ships had just entered system. Though most have appeared out by the Capitols, one had come in almost on top of Kaph.

"Um, Will? Something huge just came in out of hyperspace!" Kal commed seeing the same thing all of the pilots had, "Shit." A Mon Calamari light cruiser. That things pretty big for us to handle." He said.

Just when things seemed to get better old lady luck hit the randomizer and your sabaac cards changed putting you in the winning position to losing. Cyleaf's heart leapt into his throat as the loomed in front of them, he thought as the squadron leader asked the Capitols for help, it was promptly denied.

Will had laid down the battle plan, flight two would take gamma due to the fact that Gamma was the only squad with a decent payload, and flight one would take Alpha, Delta and provide diversion and fire support. Forming up on Will with Scout the Zabrak ran a status check on his systems to make sure all was in order and it was.

The Hawkbats and other fighters roared ad the Cruiser lasers firing rapidly, they were going to piss off this Razor cat and draw all it's attention away from the others tasked with taking out the shields. Turbo lasers and smaller burst from quad cannons streamed towards the incoming Imperials; though gratefully smaller than the most notorious Mon Calamari ship it still packed some firepower. Their line of ships also boasted exceptional shielding.

A large bright red blast screamed across Cyleaf's nose nearly scorching his shields and ship, I can't take a turbo laser blast and expect to return and see Crystal he thought of the women he had briefly spoken to before this mission. Though his viewport one of Alpha's ties didn't fare quit so well, it was nearly atomized from another turbo laser blast, looking out to the other side he watched as a Delta pilot was rocked by an incoming missile.

His console blared in alarm; "Sith Spawn, missile lock, this thing is pulling out all the stops" Cy hastily called over the com while preparing for evasive maneuvers. Increasing throttle and pulling up decisions began to race into his mind. Choices are limited, I could take it into the shield and risk becoming vaped by it myself, well actually that is the only option since there was nothing out here to use as a buffer, or was there .

Diving hard and aiming for the wreckage of the Delta fighter he hoped to confuse the missile into slamming that instead of him, as he pulled up and away the missile changed course and followed, Argghh too early, stupid he thought than went to his last resort. "Kaph 3 to anyone I got a hot hitchhiker looking to take a ride up my tail anyone interested in helping out?" He waited for a response as it loomed closer.

-----------------------
FM/PO2/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  119
July 16, 2006 8:39:15 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
Four of the Black X-wings remained. Suddenly they split up out of formation, hitting maximum speed. Kal quickly called out a warning. "Turn around and get ready for an attack from the back!" He said. The enemy fighters did not seem interested in continuing their fight however. With a flash they shot forward and faded into hyperspace.

"Damn, they got away." Krius said. "We almost had them too." Kal shook his head, as was his habit in comset conversation, even if the people he was talking to couldn't possibly see it.

"It doesn't matter. This isn't a regular objective anyways, they aren't marked targets. We have information from this fight to use against them in future battles. If they don't bother us, there isn't a point of bothering them.

Gamma returned to hitting the shield generators with missiles. The shields were resilient; Mon Calamari shields were known for being able to take a huge amount of punishment without going down. The five fighters were definitely going to have a difficult time dealing with this one.

Still, they had to fight it. They didn't really have another option  their capital ship support was under attack and separated from them, and there were no reinforcements close enough to them.

It was unfortunate that the New Republic had the cruisers in the nearby area. The imperials could only hope they didn't have more. They were against difficult odds in the first place, every additional threat made their mission that much harder.

"Six regular X-Wings, coming on our side." Than Sion said.

"Alright, Gamma flight three, come with my flight again. We'll deal with these guys and then return to our attack."

"Roger that." Said Gamma Nine, as his flight joined up with Kal's. They increased speed and aimed themselves in the direction of the incoming enemies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal, Ben, and a few others sat at the table in the Demonic HQ. Kal hung his head low. He had won the race, everyone was celebrating. But he was in trouble.

He had directly disobeyed Ben. Ben was like a father to Kal. And he had disappointed ben.

"Why did you keep going? You could have killed yourself. It was foolish, dammit!" Kal cringed as Ben slammed his fist down onto the table in frustration.

"I'm sorry&" Kal said quietly.  He didn't feel sorry for racing, but he wished Ben wasn't angry at him.

"Your sorry? You could have died. You didn't even consider the consequences. Why didn't you slow down?"

The other man in the room, who had been silent for most of the time, spoke up. "You must admit, he raced quite well." Ben turned to face him.

"That's not the problem here! He could have died. I asked him to just take the race easy and not try anything. He promised me he would race safe." Ben said.

"I'm sorry." Kal said, a little louder this time. "It's just& I dunno how to explain it. I felt free. I loved racing." Ben took a moment, his expression calming.

"I know. It was your first time racing. I was the same way as you are once." He said. The other man chipped in again

"You should join him up to the circuit as an official member, rather then a substitute. He has the talent."

"We do have extra speeders& Your board of administration would accept his entry this late in the season, Tenj?" Ben asked. Kal felt a rush of excitement. He may be able to race.

"Heh. The board. Don't worry about that. My support is enough to have him placed." Tenj said. He turned to face Kal. "I believe this could be the start of quite a career.

-----------------------
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  148
Total Posts:  292
July 16, 2006 10:00:01 PM    View the profile of Krius 
"This..." Krius said, taking a deep breath before speaking. "Is awesome!"
Krius really did think it was awesome; all this adrenaline pumping excitement was finally starting to get to him, making him feel a little fatigued. Sweat could be felt pouring down his body underneath the flight suit. His hands were a little bit shaky, but nothing to bad. "This is Kaph 7 to 6 and 5. I just wanted to tell you guys, that if anything happens to me, I love you guys," Krius paused, wanting his words to soak in and take effect. "Heh just kidding lets go kick some ass!"

They were almost on the X's now, it was a definite win for the Imperials, but anything could happen. Krius picked his target, aligning the nose of his TIE with the X-Wings. Krius put his finger on the trigger, and as soon as he was about to press it, a Hawkbat zoomed past Krius's fighter and unleashed a volley of linked canon blasts into the X-Wing. It didn't stand a chance; the shields quickly turned into a blood red color and then disappeared. The first shot that got through the shields breached the cockpit, killing the pilot inside instantly. The second shot tore right through the hull of the X-Wing ripping it in half, and then following with an explosion.

"Sorry 7, I got to him first," Than said over the intercom, letting out short chuckles.

"Alright Flight 2, let's try and kill that cruiser," Kal said, letting out a short laugh to.

Bastards Krius thought, a smirk spreading across his face. Krius eased the stick starboard, his ship coming around in a loop following the rest of the squadron. When the two flights came fully around, they were facing the hull of the ship. Quad lasers started spitting out lasers towards the two flights, some shots hitting them. Krius snap rolled starboard, barely missing an array of shots that were aimed at him. So they wanna play rough, don't they? Krius replied with his own laser fire, but it had no effect because of the heavy shielding.

"Gamma flight, we have another group of fighters approaching. We'll hold them off while you bombard the Cruiser, Kaph 5 out."

Krius brought his TIE to the port flank of Kal, with Than doing the same except on the Starboard side. "Wow, three on six, are you sure we should take this many fighters head on?"

"What are you scared Krius? I thought you were better then that," Than replied, a smirk spreading across his face.

"Fine, let's see who gets the most kills here. Any bets?" Krius replied over the Intercom.

"Nah, I don't want you to lose any money," Kal said while increasing the throttle to 115 MGLTS.

"Oh, I see how it is, fine be that way, you know your scared of losing," Krius replied while increasing his throttle. The six X-Wings started taking pot shots, but none of them landed on the TIE's. There scared, this should make things a lot more easier. Krius thought, but unfortunately, he was wrong.

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
FM/ LCR Krius/ Kaph 8/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited July 16, 2006 10:00:20 PM)]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  82
July 17, 2006 3:29:21 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The missile was only a few seconds out judging by the readout coming from the onboard computer. Sweat poured down the Zabrak's eyes, he was nervous as a durni and if only I could wipe it from my eyes he thought to himself as his vision became blurry from the salty water.

Giving one last ditched effort Cyleaf but the Hawkbat into a hard climb pulling straight back, with a foot he pressed on a foot pedal inverting his craft making it level out. Though there was no gravity his stomach still churned as he continued spinning not bothering to right the ship. An explosion occurred behind him almost lifting the tail end up and over itself, his shields strained to disperse the blast.

Catching control of his Hawkbat Cy re-righted and began to pat himself making sure he was all there, two legs, two arms, a head and the most important of all he thought sighing as all was intact. The shields had taken a lot of the force leaving him with minimal protection.

"Thanks to whoever saved my tail, I thought I was a goner" he said over the com as another Hawkbat leveled off beside him, "It's what I am here for, and sorry I was almost late but you were moving around like a crazed Bantha" Will replied. Cy smiled to himself, chalk up another IOU to Will .

"Hey 3, you might want to hang back for a bit, your shields are showing low" commed Scout, the Zabrak gritted his teeth though not at the other for pointing out the obvious, but for having to sit out and that could be costly. "Yeah you're right 4, I'll head out a bit and scan the area" he said reluctantly.

Increasing the throttle to full Cyleaf brought his Hawkbat just out side of the reach of the Light Cruiser's guns and increased power to his scanners and shield generator taking the energy from his weapons capacitor.Hopefully the fodder won't hit the fan cause my weapons are going to be slow to react he thought watching the screen come alive with dots.

Grimacing as some of the Imperial pilots designated by blue dots winked out, the harrying of the cruiser was starting to take its toll on Alpha and Delta. His shields were nearing half way when his console screamed, a squadron of fighters just exited hyperspace near flight 2 and another was being launched from underneath the Fish head ship. 

The flight computer came up with ids, these were Republic E-Wing starfighters, What are E-wings the Zabrak puzzled for a brief second before coming over the air, "Flight 2 you have fighters that just exited hyperspace, their ids say E-wing whatever that is, and Will the Calamari ship just launched some from it's hanger!" almost out of breath trying to get that all out Cy slammed the throttle home and punched up commands.

Sith Spawn, faster darn you he swore at the Hawkbat as it rerouted the power back towards the weapons capacitor like he inputted. Cy would beat himself up on that later but now it was time to return, he didn't care that the ship wasn't at 100% and nor would the enemy.

-----------------------
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  120
July 17, 2006 4:10:45 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
The X-wings pulled back and the E-wings moved in to take their position. At this moment Kal wished his fighter wasn't out of missiles  The E-Wings were armed with three heavy laser cannons, while they had only two standard cannons. The missiles would make the dogfight a lot easier.

"Be really careful guys," Kal said to the others over the comset, "A few shots from those heavy cannons will tear us apart like tinfoil." The E-Wings let off a stream of shots. The imperial fighters scattered, but one of the gamma fighters didn't manage to escape. The heavy lasers impacted with the fighter, tearing it's shields down rapidly and shredding it.

Those things are high-tech& I wish I had my Avenger right now. He thought. His avenger was equipped with high quality computer systems. The Hawkbat was nearly it's combat equivalent, but it's systems were definitely older. But it isn't the fighter that makes the biggest difference. It's the pilot.

Kal's fingers danced across the fire control, setting the targeting lock on a nearby E-wing. He increased speed to match it and fired a few lances of cannon fire. The E-wing's shields broke and a small fire burst out on it's hull. Suddenly a heavy laser shot skimmed his fighter. He looked to his sensor radar to see that he was being pursued by another e-wing, probably his target's wingman.

Luckily, he had his own Wingman. Than fed the E-wing a barrage of cannon fire, sending it into a death spiral. Kal activated his own weapons, tearing up the damaged E-wing in front of him. "Thanks for the assist six." Kal said.

The E-wings were proving to be formidable opponents. Not only were they in top of the line fighters, but the pilots were a lot more intelligent then the average new republic crewman. This would be an intense fight.

"Gamma flights one and two, abandon your assault. There are too many of them for us to deal with." Kal said, spinning in an evasive maneuver to avoid an attack from an E-wing which managed to get behind him.

"Negative Kaph five, negative. The X-wings a few of the E-wings  are after us." Kal sighed. He had counted on those reinforcements. They were outnumbered and outgunned. He needed an idea, and fast.

What to do, what to do& Kal thought. Then he realized.

"Kaph flight, break ahead with me, gamma flight, stick behind and be ready to use your missiles." He said. He pulled out of formation, the other Kaph pilots following. Most of the E-wings broke off, spotting what they thought would be an easy kill. The gamma pilots closed in behind them, firing a swarm of missiles, tearing apart a large section of the fighters. There were four E-Wings left at their position, one of which had suffered minor damage in the attack. Now they had a chance to win against the technologically superior starfighters. "Lets finish these guys off, close in around them and tear them up!"

-----------------------
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  123
July 17, 2006 4:11:05 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"Flight 2 you have fighters that just exited hyperspace, their ids say E-wing whatever that is, and Will the Calamari ship just launched some from it's hanger!"

It hit Sion like a brick.  Cyleaf may not know what an E-Wing was, but Sion sure did and it seemed that Kal did too.

"Be really careful guys," Kal said, "A few shots from those heavy cannons will tear us apart like tinfoil."

Than thought X-Wings were bad, they were nothing compared to the E-Wing!  How much he wished that he had missiles now.  He pulled away from the engagement just long enough to go out of radar range.  He then came around to flank one of the fighters.  His palms were sweaty under his gloves as he came in firing range.  He pushed down with his thumb and shot ahead of the E-Wing.  It tried to veer out of its current course, but it was too late; it took damage to its shields.

Than got behind the craft, trying to blast it from behind, but it was losing him.  He was getting frustrated with not having the advantage of speed that he usually enjoyed.  The E-Wing escaped firing range.  He sighed too soon though, as his target turned to a ball of fire.

"Who sent that E-Wing six under?" asked Than Sion.

"That was me," said Krius in an amused voice.  "Sorry that I stole your kill, but it seemed to be getting away."

Karma, it always came back to nip you in the butt, thought Sion with a smile on his face.

Demonic was being shot up by one of the E-Wings, so Sion came in and ended its trigger happy flight.

"Kaph flight, break ahead with me, gamma flight, stick behind and be ready to use your missiles."

They flew out of formation, the E-Wings went in for the kill, taking the bait.  Gamma tore the squadron to pieces.  Only four survived.

"Lets finish these guys off, close in around them and tear them up!"

The Imperial fighters did just that, quickly destroying the more damaged ones.  The last one was drastically outnumbered, destroyed quickly by the TIEs.

He didn't remember the E-Wing from any of the Academy classes, but from his trip to the Academy...

Than Sion was sitting behind the old, defeated Imperial (who he found out was named Sar) inside an YT-2400.  The Copilot was a Nikto that he did not know of yet his name.  The ride had gone smoothly until they had to make a quick stop in a system near Corellia.  When they came out of hyperspace, they accidentally ended up in the middle of a convoy.

"Shit," said Sar in an angry voice.  "We are deep in it this time!"

One of the ships near by began to deploy fighters.  The main body resembled the X-Wing but the fighter had only two wings.  It also had three laser cannons and went very fast.

"Those are the NR's new E-Wing star fighters.  They are fast like the A-Wing but can take a beating like the X-Wing," said Sar in a now worried voice.  "I don't think they feel like talking.  Hal, lets try to get out of here.  Kid, get in the gun turret!"

Than Sion obeyed the man's command, he went up the ladder and strapped himself into the seat.  The controls were fairly simple so they only took him a few second to figure out.  He flipped up the red cap over the trigger and took a few test shots at one of the E-Wings.  It didn't take him long to get used to the turret.  He blew an E-Wing to pieces and got another to back off.  He was having so much fun with it that he was almost sad when they got out of the convoy and escaped back into hyperspace.

"I got a couple of those rebel scums," said Sion in an excited voice.

"Sorry to burst your bubble," said Sar, "but those were not NR.  The symbols on the ships were pirate markings.  They must have commandeered them in one of their raids."

That was the event that made him want to join the Navy.  He loved the thrill of firing the guns at the E-Wings.

-----------------------
I must have the power of the force, Trix lost three games due to early eight balls in pool.  
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited July 17, 2006 4:35:43 PM)]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  84
July 17, 2006 5:42:46 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The panic somewhat died down inside him as Kal and the others acknowledged the new threat, maybe the early warning was just enough to give em an edge he hope wishing there was some trick to coax more speed out of his fighter. 

His shields were still recharging slowly while his weapons capacitor had enough charge for roughly a dozen shots. The rest of the Hawkbat was in great shape; it hadn't taken any damage but was completely out of its heavy payload severely crippling the fighter capabilities of the craft.

"I am on my way Flight leader" Cy called as his ship was closing in on flight one's position. "Get out of here, these new fighters will tear you apart kid, especially since your shields are still hurting." Cy noted Willtconq's words and continued on. didn't sound like and order and he didn't say it's an order slyly smiling to himself, it was one of the few times he would disobey an order when he felt they needed him, needed everyone.

Will's Hawkbat was pursuing an E-wing cannons blazing trying to land shots on the ship, it's shiny hull seemed to gleam as it managed to dodge for a few before becoming overwhelmed. Another fighter was gaining on his tail firing in a three laser burst, odd, there only seems to be one cannon mount. Puzzled slightly by his thoughts the Zabrak began to lay fire into the pursuer trying to time it perfectly with the diminished capacitor charge.

The E-wing broke its pursuit and began to break turn trying to catch the younger imperial pilot off guard; Cy mimicked the maneuver but held off on increasing throttle causing it to overshoot falling directly into his sights. "Thanks for the help" Will called over comms, "No problem" cy responded adding "sorry I didn't listen but thought you could use some help" Will just chuckled.

Blazing his dual linked cannons at the enemy he watched as its shields winked out. He pressed the trigger again and nothing happened, frantically he continued pressing hoping that it would fire but nothing.

The E-wings greater speed began to pull away trying to give itself enough time to regain its shields. In frustration his teeth clenched together Cy slammed his fist into the control panel. He was awestruck by what happened next, a green bolt streaked out from one of than cannons and slammed into the fighter catching it in the engine crippling it.

He paused for a moment lost in what had just happened, no way he thought and than began to chuckle, is this how Kal sometimes gets thing to work? he questioned himself remembering the human working on his fighter before the battle. Fatigue was starting to creep in, it was an intense battle.

Scout had his hands full with a couple of E-wings but Alpha and Delta were doing their best to keep them off him and the rest. "We have about two squadrons left between Alpha, Delta, let's try not to loose anymore and overwhelm them with our numbers" Will said talking up his units, Cy double clicked acknowledgement and hope that flight 2 and gamma where having better luck against the shields.

They were all pinned between the Light cruiser's fire and the E-wings.

-----------------------
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

Post Number:  152
July 17, 2006 8:12:11 PM    View the profile of Krius 
Man were they tuff, I hope we don't have to go up against fighters like that again. The E-Wings had put up a hell of a fight, and had managed to take out a couple of Gamma Flight's fighters. The coat of sweat beneath Krius's flight suit was even thicker now. All this fighting was starting to tire Krius, it reminded him of boxing. In most way's it was in fact, each objective was a round, the last being the knockout hit. They were winning most of the rounds on this suicide mission so far, but something was bugging Krius, he new things were going to get harder with each objective, and that more and more Imperials were going to die.

I wish they had given us reinforcements, things would have been a lot better. It definitely wasn't like the old days when the Imperials relied on superior numbers, they had to act more like the Rebels now. It was the exact opposite of how it should be, this time, the Rebels having the superior numbers. And us having the more skilled pilots. A grin spread across his face because he new it was true.

"Kaph leader to Kaph 5, were heading on over there to give you a hand, were glad to see that you survived. Now let's hurry up and drop those shields so we can get on with the next objective."

A feeling of dread dropped over Krius, knowing that they would have to go up against another one of those huge gun platforms, but now with less numbers then before. "Hey flight two, are you guys ok, you're not as talkative as usual," Kal said following with a short chuckle.

"Just a little bit tired Kal, I don't think I've been through anything this hectic in my life."

"Heh, don't worry Krius you'll get used to it after a while," Kal lied. He new it wasn't true, because it was almost impossible to get used to something like this. "What about you Than, everything ok?"

"Yea, just a little fatigued as well, but everything is green."

Will's voice quickly cut into there conversation, making them zone back into the battle. "Alright, everyone form up, were going in hot. Pound there shields with constant fire and hopefully it will die out."

I hope it does. Krius steered into the outer most left of the Arrow formation. Krius followed along with the rest of the squadron, and started pounding the ship with lasers before pulling away. The quad laser turrets started firing at them again, but thanks to the loss of there fighters it made things a lot more easier. Krius dodged the quads with ease and lit up the shields with some more laser fire. Gamma could be seen ramming there missiles straight into the side of the ship. The shields were quavering from all the fire that it was taking, and then a missile pounded straight into its starboard shields. The shield finally broke and the impact of the missile managed to take out a Quad that was nearby.
Now we go for the knockout.

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1411
July 17, 2006 9:46:55 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
And a big tally here!

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
scout
ComNet Novice

scout

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  111
July 18, 2006 8:30:50 AM    View the profile of scout 
Scout was swearing under his breath.  There was no way in hell that they could take the Mon Calamari ships out with just lasers.  Most of the missiles in Beta and Gamma were depleted, and Alpha was clean out.  Delta managed to hold onto theirs, save for a few fired at the E-wings.  Damn, those things were tough to crack:  faster, sleeker, stronger, and better than this hawkbat en essentially every way.  His slight performance modifications had helped a bit in catching the E-wings, allowing him to keep up with the wild corkscrews and dives -- but he never could match them;  The E-wing was just a good craft. 

His shields were almost completely depleted, having taken more than a few glancing blows, and his starboard panel was showing some nasty scarring on the lower half.  Let's see... one squad of E-wings from that one... one squad of E-wings from space... and a squad of StealthX fighters.  The 24 E-wings were shredded, now, and 8 of the sensor masked X-wings... why are those stars moving?  Scout saw a blue flash from the object, a speckled dark body moving quickly through space. Oh shit.

"Kaph, scatter, I have a confirmed torpedo launching.  There are still a few of those Stealth-X fighters out there!"

"Does anyone have a lock?"  Cyleaf asked, amazed.

"They're just firing blind, trying to catch us off guard.  I just saw the launch off my starboard panel while taking stock of damage.  Just in time, he rolled to port, breaking formation, as everyone else separated.  "There's no way a torpedo could catch one of us in a normal dogfight, so they're sneaking around outside our formation."

"Kaph, report in.  Everyone still in one piece?"  Will asked.  They all replied affirmative, but several close calls had shaken a few.  Missiles hurt.  Torpedoes killed.

"Found one!"  called out Demonic, lasers connecting with the shields and contact with its hull.  The sensor masking also broke, giving everyone readings, though smal ones, on it.  Several other dark forms could be seen flying away, breaking off of the damaged X to flank the offending Tie.  Demonic took a couple more shots, linking them now and finishing it off.

"Demonic, two on your port side, trying to flank you," Than Sion warned him.

"Got 'em," Krius chimed in, striking the shields of one and also damaging its hull severely before it too took evasive, this time breaking off safely as his wingmate opened up, using double linked shots, firing off a steady stream at Krius, making him have to break off, just as Than Sion caught the rear of the Stealth X with several bolts in rapid succession, breaking down the weak shields and exploding the engines.

"Three down, one more out there..." Demonic reported.

Just then, green shots mixed in with the red and blue that were streaming out from the cruisers.  The dreadnaught had finally been able to catch up with the fighters and engage with the cruisers, the heavily armed dreadnaught's turbolasers connecting with the nearer of the two MC40's sheilds.

-----------------------
Hello.
Some guy who plays clarinet.  What a loser.

FM/PO2 scout/Kaph 1-4/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE

[This message has been edited by scout (edited July 18, 2006 5:04:21 PM)]
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  121
July 18, 2006 1:26:35 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
OOC: A bit of confusion with the last two. I kinda mixed elements of them :P

Kal sighed as the Mon Calamari's shields flickered back online. They had caused them a little harm, but not enough to finish them off entirely.

"My bad." Krius said with a bit of embarrassment in his voice, retracting his earlier statement. Kal started to feel a bit worried. It had taken them most of the other squadrons' payload just to cause that flicker. Was it even possible for them to destroy this thing?

This is a suicide fight. How are we going to destroy this thing without heavy firepower? Kal thought to himself. We're never going to crack open this thing&? He suddenly jumped with surprise as the shields flickered again.

"Guys, I think we might have damaged one of their shielding systems!" Said Willtconq via the comset. "Just focus your fire on the targets, you'll catch a few shots on the flicker. Try and take their shield generators first, at their current state the destruction of a generator could lead to a complete collapse of the shielding."

The Stealth X-Wings were still a problem. Kal activated his com. "Kaph Leader, we're still being bothered by a few stealth typed X-wings. Requesting permission to take my flight and Gamma for anti-fighter cover.

"Permission granted Five, everyone else, begin the assault." Willtconq responded. Kal, Than, Krius, and Gamma squadron (which now held only eight fighters) broke off the attack on the cruiser and went on the hunt for the Black X-wings.

"I've spotted a flight, marking it on the Radar!" Krius said, and a red box with an arrow appeared in an area off the radar screen. This wasn't a true target, but a simple marker that could be placed and marked for easier coordinating tactics. The markers which represented their fighters changed their direction towards the arrow as they moved.

"Alright, there's four of them! Try and mark them with a few shots so your sensors can pick up a heat signal!" Kal said, firing his laser cannons into one of the X-wings. Only a few of the shots hit, taking out the shields and skimming one of the engines to start a blaze. He flipped the heat filter of his sensors on, and a small orange to red scaled smudge shape appeared on his sensor display. Heat signals were much harder to establish a targeting lock on then Electronic signals, but sensor masks did nothing to stop them.

"Good Mark!" Krius said, swooping in and firing a batch of laser energy at the now sensor-visible fighter, exploding it's heat dampened ion engines and ripping the rest of the X-Wing to pieces. Kal felt a bit of irritation.

"You stole my kill!" He said, barrel rolling to avoid an enemy set of fire.

"Just returning the favour." Krius said, laughing. Than Sion caught one of the X-wings which was tailing Kal. The Black X-wings were much less effective now that their element of surprise had worn off and the fighters had formed tactics to combat them with.

This is a fight we can win. Kal thought as the dogfight continued.

-----------------------
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  85
July 18, 2006 6:50:53 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Kaph was getting fatigued faster than usual, during the last battle they were able to take brief pauses during combat due to the sheer force of power the combined Phoenix wing had. This battle was entirely different, numerous amounts of fighters and advanced ones at that, Platforms and also large ships were constantly harrying them.

I can't believe the sheer resistance we are facing, they don't want to give up.Cy had heard of the tenacity of Rebel fighters as they took on his beloved Empire, but back then they had less power and more heart; here was different as they now had both. But they don't have as much heart as Kaph he thought referring to the numerous times everyone had helped save each other.

They were still trying to take out the squadron of E-wing assault fighters that had come from the ship, against overwhelming numbers of Imperials. Between the Delta, Alpha and Kaph flight they were slowly chipping away at the advanced fighters.

"One fighter down&" a Delta pilot cheered victorious only to be cut off by the rebels  wingman as the Tie erupted in fire. Cyleaf flew after the killing fighter blazing cannons, a few shots were absorbed by its deflector shielding before winking out. The frantic pilot must have called for backup because the Hawkbat shook from behind taking one of the triple blasts. His shields wavered but held as two more shots flew by his view port. Sith spit he cursed loosing a couple more bursts before putting his fighter into an evasive barrel roll hoping they found there mark.

Checking his radar he watched the faster ship mimic his movements, rolling here and decreasing speed there, I can't shake them he thought as two Ties flew towards him sending green fire towards his pursuer. The red contact shimmered than dropped off the radar. "Thanks guys" he called out to the pilots that had just saved his skin. "No problem Kaph" came the Alpha fighters reply.

The combined might mopped up the rest of those E-wings with more losses to Delta and Alpha, those Ties just couldn't stand up to the advanced fighters' one on one. Things were constantly yo-yoing from good to bad and back through this whole mission but who didn't love good news.

"The shields broke" Krius called over the com unable to control his excitement, Cy smiled ecstatic as the great turn of events until he saw the shields flicker back online. Up and down the Zabrak was getting a little fed up with the constant shift of momentum, Why don't you just stay down he screamed in his mind.

"Kaph, scatter, I have a confirmed torpedo launching.  There are still a few of those Stealth-X fighters out there!" "Does anyone have a lock?"  Cyleaf asked, amazed that anything else could go wrong, but that was foolish as the mission was far from over and still might hold a lot of twists.

Will ordered them all to report in and he clicked the mic, as flight two engaged the sneaky fighters. Their efforts made short work of the x-wings, blasting them into oblivion as the yoyo slightly changed directions again.

(ooc edit: Ok Demonic changed sorry about the misunderstanding)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited July 18, 2006 8:58:17 PM)]
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  122
July 18, 2006 7:13:40 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
OOC: This isnt a post. Cyleaf. Dreadnaught isnt in the area. I talked to Scout about this.

-----------------------
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  125
July 19, 2006 4:59:39 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"Coming around for another assault," said Than Sion over the comset.

The stealth X-Wings were destroyed and it was back to the task of dropping the destroyers shields for good. The shields flickered and Sion got a few shots through, scorching the projector housing even more. Armor seems to be getting very fatigued, thought Sion. A few more hits should bring it down.

Sion dodged quad laser fire, going into a shallow dive. He then noticed the warping of space right before enemy ships came out of hyperspace.

"Enemy ships coming out of hyperspace," said Demonic. "They are somewhat far out so I don't have a model ID yet."

"Another hit on the projector," someone from Gamma said.

The enemy ships came in closer, a squadron of dagger shaped ships. They weren't heading for the fighters, but for the Dreadnaughts farther out.

"These guys are getting desperate," said Will. "They have B-Wings heading for the Dreadnaughts!"

"This is the Dark Shadow, we were about to head for your position when we detected B-Wing fighters. We have taken too much damage from fighters, we can't take an attack of this magnitude! If you can keep us from going belly up, we will be able to help you with the Destroyer."

"Kaph leader to the Dark Shadow, we hear you loud and clear. We will send Kaph and Gamma to intercept them. The rest of the fighters will keep the Mon Calamari vessel from going anywhere."

B-Wings were pretty much capital ship destroyers. They are highly armed with two torpedo launchers (six torps each), two ion cannons and an array of laser cannons. Not something you would want to go up against if you were slow, but on the other hand the Hawkbat wasn't ever accused of being sluggish.

"Ok Imperials," said Will, "We are a lot faster than these craft. We must use our speed against them. Be careful though, if they get a good shot at you they could very well decommission you!"

They flew in formation toward their target.

"If they would have put sensor masks on these things it wouldn't help them that much," said Demonic. "They give off so much heat that if you turned on inferred they would stick out like a sore thumb."

They were about in firing range of the B-Wings now.

"Ok men," said Will, "Try to get a good hit on the gyrostabilizers when you drop their shields. Without them they are sitting ducks against other fighters!"

When the Imperial fighters came into weapons range, they opened fire. The initial strike had destroyed one of the big knives. Sion and Kal gained up on one of the fighters as Krius got behind another and began blasting it up from behind.

"Shield down, Six hit the stabilizer," said Demonic.

Sion got a perfect shot on where the bullet shaped cockpit section met the single, large wing. Immediately the ship became extremely un maneuverable. Sion and Kal quickly blasted the ship to bits.
"This is Kaph leader, kill reports."

"Than and I got one," replied Kal.

"I got a kill too," said Krius...

Everybody that had gotten a kill reported in with the verdict being six B-Wings that were six under.

-----------------------
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

Post Number:  153
July 19, 2006 10:14:19 PM    View the profile of Krius 
Six down, six more to go. Then we'll take out the Mon Cal, and we'll be all green&yea, everything's gonna be fine. The battle was really beginning to take a toll on Krius's mental capabilities. He was trying to think positive, but many negative thoughts were pouring into his head, getting him nervous. He was doing really good considering this was his first real mission, but it was also stressful and he new he wouldn't be able to keep his cool the whole time. Just stay focused, and keep your eye on the prize.

For a second there, Krius wasn't sure what the prize was, but it quickly seeped into his head. To avenge his uncle and he wouldn't stop until every Rebel was dead, or until he died himself. Rebels were beginning to do reckless things though, they were getting through Corsecs Security forces and bombing random targets, he was afraid that one day they would kill his mother. But I won't let that happen.

A surge of energy shot through Krius, it came out of no where, but that didn't matter. "Now let's blow those ships to hell," Krius accidentally said aloud to himself.

"Alright Kaph, get ready for the next run, it should be an easy one."

"Yea it will, now Than, Krius, form up on me and lets take the one on the far left out. As soon as we destroy it, we move to the one on the right, lets do this," Kal said, his voice sounding way more confident then usual.

Whoa, talk about major boost, I wonder what gave him that? Well, what ever it is, were gonna need it. Krius shot the throttle up to full, catching up with the unstoppable duo, Than and Demonic.

The three of them started letting off pot shots into the dagger shaped fighter, some of them managing to hit, causing it to go through evasive maneuvers. "We've got him on the run!" Than shouted over the intercom, firing off six more shots of linked canon fire. Two of them hit, managing to turn its shields into a dark orange color. Kal had somehow managed to get on the starboard side of the ship and was ripping lasers at the massive bombers shields. Two more hits from Kal's TIE and the shields were depleted. It had no time to escape, because Krius and Than were right on top of it, pounding laser's into its hull. A little ball of fire shot through the holes that Krius and Than had punched through it, followed by a massive explosion, sending space debris all over the place.

"That was beautiful teamwork," Cyleaf the Zabrak called over the intercom. "But I could use a little help over here myself." As soon as Krius heard that his fellow squadron mate was having trouble, he gunned the throttle, heading straight towards the enemy B-Wing. Krius let his canons blaze, the shots pounding straight into its back shields. It replied with its own fire, causing Krius to roll port and break off from the attack. "MAN! I can't wait to blow a hole right through you," Krius screamed to himself while coming around and lighting the enemy bomber up again.

This time though, it was firing on Cyleaf who had managed to get a couple of hits himself. The Zabraks shields started turning into a transparent blood red, getting darker with every hit. Krius had to make a move, and quick. His shields were at 80%, which was perfect for what he was about to. Krius transferred his Laser canons energy into his Ion engines, sending it hurtling towards Cyleafs flight path.

The Zabraks shields finally broke; and there was another laser blast heading straight towards his flight path. "Cyleaf watch out!" Krius screamed to himself, thinking he was speaking over the intercom. Everything seemed to slow down, like when ever you're about to get hurt really bad, everything just starts going slow. For a second, it looked like Krius wasn't going to make it, but he did. The laser blast collided with Krius's shields, the damage minimal, a small sacrifice for his friend's life.

"WOOOHOOO!" Krius screamed over the Intercom. He couldn't help it, all the excitement had gotten the best of him and on top of that, he had just barely saved his friends life. "Cyleaf you saw that? You owe me big time now!" Krius screamed, letting out short laughs in between. "Now lets go finish him off&"

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
scout
ComNet Novice

scout

Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  111
July 20, 2006 1:49:00 AM    View the profile of scout 
(OOC: They're MC40a mon calamari light cruisers, not star destroyers we were fighting, and the dreadnaught that we're assisting is not with the rest of the taskforce, having dropped back to take care of non-combatant ships.  Read the first post.)

Wow, these Rebels are really getting reckless; the Rebels had once had to rely on skill, speed, and essentially the tactics we're using.  They're the ones getting reckless and throwing fighters at us.  Spacing out the interceptor and bomber wings this far apart...

Scout's heads up display fizzled with static for an instant, clear almost as soon as the static hit.  What the...  A blue bolt streaked by, and Scout needed no other warning as he rolled and dodged the next barrage of blue streaks, having lost most of his shields by now.  Ion cannons... what a pain in the seat.  It would be nice to have some, though.  He sharply brake-turned and banked his hawkbat around to the side of the B-wing, taking advantage of his quicker craft, pummeling its shields with a barrage of laser bolts but not penetrating the bomber's tough defenses.  The bomber tried to manuever to evade Scout's attack, but instead ended up putting its foils into Scout's sights, letting him send another slew of laser cannon bolts into the bomber, breaking down the sheilds and allowing him to disjoin the already stressed framing, breaking it into pieces, rather than exploding it outright.  Singling out the part holding the cockpit, Scout placed a few shots into the B-wing's pilot, vaporizing the bastard inside.  "And, another one bites the dust guys."

Scout sighed.  He did a quick diagnostic.  His computer wasn't in such a great shape, and his drink cooler was no longer running.  The stereo had lost two of the five speakers.  Targeting systems were slightly damaged.  I hate those ion cannons... smashing electronics and leaving the airframe alone.  Damn.  That was too close.  The shield generator was at about 70% normal output, while the shields themselves were nearly zero, so charging would take a while, and they'd be weak, as well.  Putting extra energy into shields and sacrificing some engine power, Scout hoped for the best.

"This is dreadnaught Dark Shadow.  Thank's for covering us there, Kaph," the warship's bridge chimed in, just as a turbolaser battery caught a B-wing's midsection, causing the engines to explode, shattering the bomber and sending foils off in odd directions.  Still, a couple of B-wings persisted in their attempted attack, some even landing a few torpedoes on the dreadnaught's shields, but nothing more substantial than that was dealt out to the large ship.

The B-wings were no match for the Hawkbats, anyway.  B-wings have a tough time even trying to take on even Tie Interceptors, though they were a substantial improvement over the ungainly and outdated Y-wing bombers.  Ugh, Y-wings.  Flying one was practically suicide.  My interceptor took down scores of them... so long ago.  Of course, saying that the B-wing was an improvement on the Y-wing wasn't saying much.  The B-wing was faster, tougher, and better equipped than the old Y-wing, but it was slower, less manueverable, and less suited for dogfighting than the Ties. 

-----------------------
Hello.
Some guy who plays clarinet.  What a loser.

FM/PO2 scout/Kaph 1-4/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE

Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  86
July 20, 2006 2:33:02 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Flight two were proving to be excellent anti-fighter pilots, Than and Demonic as always were an unstoppable team and throwing Kirus into the mix added a little bravado. Instantly after the stealth fighters were destroyed the Imperial forces returned to bombarding the Mon Cal.

Cy checked his status, he had re-routed some of his shield charging power to increase the capacitor's, it left him with low shields. Firing repeatedly in unison flight one, Alpha and Delta were desperately pelting it. The occasional winking out let in some laser fire, taking out a quad laser here and there due to sheer luck, it's shields were taking an incredible blow.

"Enemy ships coming out of hyperspace," said Demonic. "They are somewhat far out so I don't have a model ID yet." Here we go again Cy thought as his radar alarmed. So far flight two was making the occasional hits on the shield projector which spoke for the increasing instability.

That infamous yoyo that had been haunting Cyleaf drooped again when Will gave the good news, well not so good news. "These guys are getting desperate," said Will. "They have B-Wings heading for the Dreadnaughts!"

What are B-Wings, and where do I get the info on all these Rebel ships? He questioned himself somewhat miffed at the lack of knowledge he had on these non-standard fighters. I hope this is the last of their fighter surprises, though one thing they hadn't seen were y-wings so far in this battle.

The Dark Shadow had informed the fighters of it's intentions until the unforeseen threat appeared, and it requested assistance as it didn't like to be a sitting durni. "Ok Imperials," said Will, "We are a lot faster than these craft. We must use our speed against them. Be careful though, if they get a good shot at you they could very well decommission you!" The fighters formed up and flew towards the Shadow and it's imminent threat.

"Ok men," said Will, "Try to get a good hit on the gyrostabilizers when you drop their shields. Without them they are sitting ducks against other fighters!" What, where is that? the Zabrak snarled to himself, as if answering him Will tore through the shielding of the first fighter and hurled a laser between the cockpit and wing. God show Will, good show it was as Kaph 1 could read his mind.

Seeing as how easy it would be to destroy these fighters when done correctly Cy started after one on his own. Will called for a kill count and six clicks replied. Strafing the B-Wing Cyleaf pounded it's shields, waiting for the brief shimmer when they dropped, but that didn't come till later.

Cy's cockiness got the better of him this time, forgetting to resynchronize his systems back to normal he inadvertently left his shields without charging power. It was a stupid mistake that would get anyone killed and it seemed like it might do him in this time, all his luck had run out. He took a glancing shot that dropped his shields to half-way as an alarm began to sounds, Sith spawn, stupid me, stupid me he ridiculed himself and slapped the helmet part above his forehead. Cy looked to see who was closest to him and watched with awe as the flight two trio took out another fighter.

That was beautiful teamwork," Cyleaf the Zabrak called over the intercom. "But I could use a little help over here myself." Again veering his Hawkbat around he shot at the shields only to receive more return fire, 40%&. 25%, his shields were glowing from the hits it received. Krius had showed up, the back light from the systems sun made kind of a halo around the fighter, either that or it was Cyleaf's imagination.

The Hawkbat rocked again, 15% and one more final shot winked them out. Warning repeatedly sounded in the cockpit flooding it in bright red light, it was as if in slow motion he was streaking towards the fighter for another pass. His mind seemed to speed through his last encounter.

She sat across from him, they were talking and he was smiling. The scene unfolded before him as if watching a movie. It had been a long time since he smiled out of the cockpit. He told a joke and even though it was lame she laughed, little dimples appeared on her rosy cheeks. Watching this he wished that he could remember the joke.

He had an urge back than to ask her for another meeting, maybe a coup of caf at the mess hall, or anything though the choices on a ship were limited. Wait a minute the watcher thought, Crystal is on the Dark Shadow.

The tranquil scene seemed to vanish as a large red laser streaked towards the cockpit snapping him back to reality. Looking at the console he was greeted by 1% shielding, Well at least it should be quick he thought or rather hoped. But all that thought changed as a black Silhouette streaked towards him.

Stupid fool he whispered as Krius drove his fighter between him and the blast taking it on his shield while firing at the B-wing. Tears welled up in the Zabrak's eyes, such utter disregard for personnel safety to save him had happened once before, he was crying at what Krius did and what Dodger had done.

In some ways Krius reminded him of Jemel, aka Dodger, both were rash, excellent pilots. But two things they shared the most was talking, and Cyleaf's undying respect and gratitude, the young pilot just bought that whether he wanted it or not.

The B-wing saw Krius as the imminent threat and concentrated on him, the Human's reflexes were great as he dodged shots, it gave Cyleaf all the time he needed. Firing with al he was worth, the Hawkbat tore through the shields and hit the stabilizers rending it incapable of moving. Krius quickly took the kill.
"Kaph 8..." there was a long pause as Cyleaf choked on some words, "Thank You!" Sometimes in space a helmet was a burden rather than a blessing, how could he wipe away the tears in his eyes.

Cyleaf's fingers danced over the controls resetting the setting and increasing his shield charging by taking some away from his engines. No need to go in hot and stupid again he thought imagining himself putting in a certain request to Will after all this was done.

-----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1420
July 20, 2006 8:46:17 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Aaaannnndddd.........TALLY!

-----------------------

Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  126
July 20, 2006 5:26:34 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
The B-Wings were gone, black hunks of scrap metal in space.  Kaph and Gamma headed back for the Mon Calamari vessel.  The destroyer had delayed their mission long enough; it was now time to remove the obstacle.  The Dreadnaughts loomed behind the fighter craft, spelling doom for the scalloped ship. 

The dreadnaughts spilt, heading for either side of the Mon Calamari ship to divide its attention.  When they came within weapon's range, the Imperial ships and the NR ship opened fire on each other.  The Dreadnaughts quickly dropped the destroyer's already highly damaged shields.  They then began pumping fire into the ships hull.  Imperial fighters swarmed in to take out enemy turbo laser batteries.  The lone NR craft was over whelmed by the Imperial's fire power.  Dark Shadow made the final, crippling blow driving turbo laser fire deep into the engine housing.  The aquatic looking ship's back end went up in a great explosion, soon engulfing the whole ship.

"The Mon Calamari vessel had been destroyed," said Willtconq.  "We can now move on to those gun platforms!"

"This is Kaph 5, I recommend, sir, that we dock up with the Dark Shadow again and replenish our dry missile tubes."

"That is an excellent idea five," said Will, "it is granted."

The Hawkbats filed back into the Dreadnaught's hanger for the second time to refill their payload.  The technicians worked quickly, reloading the fighters and closing them back up at an almost unnatural pace.

The TIE's then scrambled out of the hanger again to take on the next task.

"Ok men," said Will over the comset, "These platforms are not as big or dangerous as the Golans, but don't underestimate them.  Approach them with caution.  On the other hand, you wont have to do anything fancy to drop their shields."

The gun platforms loomed in the distance, blotching out stars like some kind of bad omen.  It was like great monsters, waiting to strike down unwary birds when they flew too close.  When the Imperial fighters got "too close," the targeted platform opened fire.  The TIEs went evasive.  Than Sion opened up over the shields projector until his fighter was targeted by a turbo laser battery.  He quickly pulled off his attack to avoid being fried.

The platform scattered snub fighters to take on the Imperial onslaught.  Sion targeted one of them as it came out of the hanger, blasting it to pieces in the confusion. 

An unknown voice came over the head set in his helmet, "You killed my friend you Imp scum!!!"

Than Sion knew the pilot was talking to him since he could see an X-Wing specifically targeting him, leaving other, more convenient targets un touched.  Oh boy, this is going to interesting, thought Sion.  He turned his transmitting frequency to a general channel so the enemy pilot could hear him.

"Hey," Sion said in a cold voice, "it wasn't personal."

"I made it personal," the enemy pilot said.

"Go buy a helmet," said Sion.  "Oh wait, you already have one."

He could tell by the pilot's stupidity that he was a green horn.  Sion didn't have to do anything though; Krius was already behind the enemy fighter and just came in firing range.  Krius opened fire and destroyed the foolish fighter pilot.

"He should be happy now," said Krius.  "He gets to see his buddy again!" 

-----------------------
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  87
July 21, 2006 4:02:07 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
They had mopped up the fighters with ease and no casualties during that part of the mission, but one close call. Cy was still a little shaken from nearly dieing, but Krius had seen to it that he lived to fight on. It was a beautiful but stupid move all in one and Cyleaf hoped that he wouldn't have to almost die every mission as the tally was 0-2.

Dark Shadow and the other Dreadnaught followed the fighters back towards the fish head's ship, just like they had promised to do. Flanking the large cruiser Cyleaf watched as it was caught in a pincer move, slammed from both sides by Turbo lasers and missiles, it's shields never even stood a chance.

Seeing the shields wink out and explosions start ripping into the ship Cyleaf followed the other members of his Squadron and began dodging fire while trying to take out some laser batteries. Rolling the Hawkbat to the side Cy targeted the nearest spewer of red death firing his own cannons. Watching as the shots traced up the cruisers armored hull, it seemed to open up with mini holes until finally catching the battery causing it to explode.

The Zabrak dived out of the fray for another round, just then  a turbo laser fired from the Dark Shadow screamed past him intended for the Mon Cal but instead taking out the Gamma fighter that flew into it's path, it was vaped instantly. That was the downside to running in between two ships broadside, their heavy payload could take out a stray uncareful pilot.

As the Hawkbat positioned himself for another pass large explosions filled the view screen causing it to dial down some from the intensity. The Dark Shadow tore through the aft of the Mon Cal sending turbo lasers into the engine housing triggering an explosion that rocked through the whole ship. Cyleaf cheered to himself, another obstacle down thanks to the combined Imperial might.

"The Mon Calamari vessel had been destroyed," said Willtconq. "We can now move on to those gun platforms!"

"This is Kaph 5, I recommend, sir, that we dock up with the Dark Shadow again and replenish our dry missile tubes." Good old Kal, always puts what people are thinking into words the Zabrak had been hoping for that ever since they took out that Golan platform exhausting their payload.

"That is an excellent idea five," said Will, "it is granted."

They filed in one by one into the hanger, Will than Cyleaf and down the line. Looking through the view port he saw scrambling technicians running back and forth punching in commands on terminals and operating machinery. The one thing that truly caught his eye was the blond human in the middle of the fray directing everyone, Crystal.

The Zabrak's eyes were glued to the spot where she stood, though somewhat greasy from working on ships while running her division. It brought hope and resilience to him, almost completely wiping away the fatigue. He had to give it to her, they were resupplying the Hawkbats in record time, a testimate that all Imperials gave their all not just the ones fighting.

Taking one last look in her direction as they were all reloaded and cleared for launch. Kaph launched from the hanger and proceeded back towards the mini gun platforms they were after before the Mon Cal interrupted.

"Ok men," said Will over the comset, "These platforms are not as big or dangerous as the Golans, but don't underestimate them. Approach them with caution. On the other hand, you wont have to do anything fancy to drop their shields."

Kicking the throttles up to full Cy felt a little more comfortable with a full payload than sitting empty. Closing in on the nearest platform the ships didn't receive fire, that was until they were right on top of it. Alpha lost another fighter when the Turbo laser came alive disintegrating it.

Snub x-wing fighters began to launch from the platform hoping to harry Imperial pilots and give the platform time to acquire targets. The station would find out they weren't up against poor pilots, this was Kaph.

-----------------------
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  129
July 23, 2006 5:32:31 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
A Gamma pilot bombarded the shields until he was chased off by a group of X-Wings.  The shields on the defense platform were now down to 50%.  Than Sion broke off from his attack run to help the pursued Imperial pilot.  He strafed the enemy fighters' rear ends for a few moments, which was all the time that was needed to get them to back down.  The three fighters swerved completely around, going head on with Sion.  Oh crap, thought Than Sion.

He brought the fighter into a dive to avoid being completely obliterated by the combined fire power of three X-Wings.  Than Sion knew that there would be no question that all three would be on his tail.

"This is Kaph 6, I have three bogies on my six.  I am in need of assist!"

"Roger that Kaph 6," said Krius.

Sion brought the fighter into a spin to avoid fire.  He still got hit of course, with increasing intensity as time went on.

"Did I ever mention that I really hate X-Wings?" asked Sion in a half sarcastic manner.

Krius laughed at this comment, "just hold in there a little longer Six."

He saw a green dot come on the edge of his radar.  It closed in on the red dots, causing one to disappear and the other two to disperse.

"Thanks Seven," said Sion gratefully.

"No problem Six," replied the newest member of Kaph, technically the newest anyways.

If there was one thing to admire about Krius, it was his good attitude in the heat of battle.  Not much seemed to let him down. 

Sion took up his cancelled attack run again, heading for the part of the shield that was right by the generator again.  He slammed a missile into the shields along with another burst of fire.  The platforms fighter support was thinning, leaving the defensive structure relatively unprotected.  Imperial pilots kept on pumping rockets and green laser fire into the shields.

"Platform's shields down to 25%," said Willtconq, "keep up the good work!"

Another fighter targeted Sion.  He came from Than's left flank.  Sion made a 90 degree swerve, bringing him head on with the enemy X with only a few spots to pay for it.  The pilot did the same thing that Sion had, he dived down to avoid punishment.  And like the three Xs, Sion got on his tail.  He was flying upside down compared to the enemy fighter.  But everybody knows that in space, there really wasn't any true up or down.  The pilot tried to shake Sion off his tail but the faster, more maneuverable fighter kept on him.  Sion blasted his aft shields into non existence and, soon after, the X-Wings its self.

The platforms shields were down to a dark red.  Sion watched as Cyleaf made a final run, dropping the shields.

"Platform naked," said Will, "but still shooting, thin out those defenses so that we can finish this thing!"

Sion knocked out a turbo laser battery on one of the four "arms" that came out from the center of the station by flying between its two lines of fire.

(OCC: It isn't a recorded model of platforms, so I just made up the arm feature of the defense platform.) 

-----------------------
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

Post Number:  154
July 24, 2006 1:54:27 PM    View the profile of Krius 
"Hey Kaph, I got a really good idea. How 'bout we take out one of the arms, Gamma takes out the other arm, and so on, how about that?" Krius asked.

"Good idea Krius; alright this is Kaph leader reporting to all squadrons. Alpha and Gamma, take you're squadrons over to the far left arm. Beta, take you're squadron to the far right and Delta take the forward left, we got the other one."

The instant Krius received his orders, he inverted his fighter, pulled the stick until it touched the front edge of his seat causing him to go into an upwards loop. He then leveled out of the loop and was now flying the opposite direction of where the platform was located. Krius scanned the open space for a couple of brief seconds, taking in the little break he had just received. For a second, it felt like Krius was going on a joy ride, until he saw a lime green laser fly past his TIE.

Krius snap rolled starboard, just barely dodging a hail of shots that was meant for him. "That was a close one, better go regroup," Krius said a loud to himself while easing his ship port, to end up bringing him face to face with the platform. It wasn't as big as the Golem, but it still packed a lot of fire power.

"Sorry to rain on you're parade Krius, but we got a job to do, now hurry up and get into formation," Will said, sounding a little annoyed. Krius replied with two clicks over the intercom, and sped over to the squadron. "Ok, now that we got everybody, lets go take out that tower, aim for the base and I'm guessing that if we get four or five good hits, it's gone. Let's do this Kaph."

"Hey Will, before we do this, I'm going to say this. Who ever gets the winning hit, is paying for the drinks, and Cy, you already owe me." Cyleaf let out a short moan that could be heard over the intercom, along with the laughing of Demonic and Than.

Krius turned his sights back to the gun platform, the arm sticking out like a thorn in somebody's hand, waiting to be plucked out. "And were the pluckers," Krius said aloud to himself, allowing another one of his lop sided grins to slip across his face. Krius lined up his sites with the base of the tower, wanting to make the perfect shot. He didn't want to use the missile lock, because there was no point in using it on something as big as this. He just had to rely on his instincts. The quad lasers and Turbo Lasers could be seen swiveling around towards the squadron, firing some pot shots before letting out there deadly array of rapid fire, and concentrated blasts.

Krius put his finger on the missile button, and pressed it, but nothing happened. "What the hell?" Krius said in total shock. He pressed it a couple of more times, and then slammed the control panel. But still no missile fire. Krius watched as the rest of the squadron let there missile's fly, all of them slamming into the base of the arm, leaving a gapping hole where Durasteel used to be.

Cyleaf let another missile loose, the streaking explosive going right into the hole. Krius totally forgot about his missile failure, the sight in front of him putting him into another shocked state. The tower blew up from the inside out, a chain like explosion rippling through the insides until it reached the top of the tower, sending pieces of Durasteel all over the place. All Krius could say was "wow," at the sight in front of him. "N-nice shot Cy, that was crazy."

"Thanks Krius. What happened to you?"

"Oh yea I forgot to tell you guys, but I'm having a bit of trouble with my payload. Should I drop it?"

"Yea go ahead 7, I hope you can last without them."

Yea I do to. Krius thought while releasing his payload, the missiles coming off the holding clamps and drifting harmlessly into space.

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  89
July 24, 2006 8:31:30 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The defense platform's shields were starting to get worn down, they had depleted it's stored up energy and brought it down to about 50%. Enemy X-wings were still about trying to catch fighters off guard hoping that the Imperials were too busy concentrating on the platform.

Than and Krius bantered back and forth over the com channels something about hating x-wings, Cy laughed. Krius was always there for anyone that might need a little extra hand, and in a battle like this everyone did.

"Platform's shields down to 25%," said Willtconq, "keep up the good work!" Will was always encouraging the pilots underneath him, that was one of the characteristics that made him a great leader, that and he stuck his neck out for others.

Looking at where the last salvo of rockets pounded into the shields one section above the generator seemed to come around the slowest. Funny how the generator is the most vulnerable, such flaws in the design he thought increasing throttle and streaming towards his target. Cannon fire lanced out from the Hawkbat striking the shield as two missiles followed.

The shielding took on a glow as it absorbed the cannons but winked out with the first missile. About thirty seconds later the second missile found the generator turning it into slag, seems like staggering the missile worked Cy thought smiling to himself as Will stepped in.

"Platform naked," said Will, "but still shooting, thin out those defenses so that we can finish this thing!"

"What is that?" the Zabrak's jaw dropped in amazement, he had never seen a platform sprout four arms.

"Looks like four arms to me" Krius retorted, always one to lighten the mood.

"Yeah well they have turbo lasers mounted on em" Than added.

"Hey Kaph, I got a really good idea. How 'bout we take out one of the arms, Gamma takes out the other arm, and so on, how about that?" Krius asked. Will approved of the idea.

Fighters split up heading for their respective arms and began to attack the turbo laser platforms. Cyleaf spun his Hawkbat dodging a large blast and pelted the large cannon at its base. The dual lasers sliced through wiring and servos. The large cannon tried to turn and track the fighter but it couldn't, firing at another target caused it to explode.

Willtconq ordered all fighters to concentrate their attack at the tower's base. Then Krius ordered a challenge.

"Hey Will, before we do this, I'm going to say this. Who ever gets the winning hit, is paying for the drinks, and Cy, you already owe me." Cyleaf let out a short moan that could be heard over the intercom, along with the laughing of Demonic and Than. The young fighter was correct he did owe him a drink.

Diving in towards the tower each member began firing cannons. The platform answered with it's deadly hail of weapons trying to stop from being destroyed, a couple Imperial fighters ceast to exist from the barrage but Kaph still hung in there strong.

As if by sheer luck missiles from the rest of his Squadron blew a hole in the platform's armor leaving a hole big enough for a missile. His timing had to be right and the angle acute, taking the missile off auto lock Cyleaf played with the reticule knobs sighting in.

When the missile was away the Zabrak let out his breath, he didn't even realize that he was holding it. Explosions rippled through the platform signifying a perfect shot, don't ask me to do that again cause he didn't think he could.

"N-nice shot Cy, that was crazy."

"Thanks Krius. What happened to you?" it should have been the younger pilots kill.

"Oh yea I forgot to tell you guys, but I'm having a bit of trouble with my payload. Should I drop it?"

Sith Spawn Cy thought remembering the sparks he had saw on Krius Hawkbat.

"Oh by the way I like Breath's of Heaven and nothing less" Cy added his own jib over the comlink, Krius chuckled.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited July 24, 2006 8:31:54 PM)]
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

Post Number:  155
July 24, 2006 9:26:38 PM    View the profile of Krius 
Krius replied with a chuckle to Cyleaf's smart remark, but was abruptly brought to a halt when he saw a squadron of unknown enemy fighters heading towards Alpha and Gamma.

"Kal, you got any clue what kind of fighters those are?" Will asked, a tad bit of urgency in his voice.

"Uh yea, from what the data readout say's, there called HLAF-500 Starfighters. There fast, really fast and they got 2 laser canons along with two proton torpedo launchers. This is looking pretty bad, any suggestions?"

Will paused for a moment, thinking about what they were going to do. For all they new, these guys could be top notch pilots, and on top of that they had heavy firepower. They also outnumbered them which made things even worse. "Alpha, any clue how many fighters you ha-" he was cut short by a flash of light, signaling that another tower had been dropped. "Never mind Alpha. Delta, now that you've got that tower off of you're hands, we better go take out that enemy squadron. But proceed with caution, there's no telling how good these guys can be."

"Copy that Kaph leader, don't worry we'll be fine," replied the Delta leader, reminding Krius of himself. He sounded cocky, but older then Krius. Someone I definitely have to meet after all this... if we survive.

"Haha, alright Delta leader, but could you give me a quick head count?"

"Yes sir; I have one flight and three figh..." He was cut short by a turbo laser blasting through his wingman. "Uh, make that one flight and a half."

"Sorry about the sudden loss, and our count is six fighter pilots. So that makes us exactly one whole squadron, now let's go blast those bastards into oblivion."

Krius gunned his throttle, catching up with the rest of the squadron. Delta lined up on there starboard side, making the two whole squadrons look like one. "Now lets see who's going to be the next person on my death list, ah there we go," Krius said in an evil tone while lining up his fighters nose with the enemies wing. As soon as he was about to fire, the whole squadron shot off into different directions, forcing Kaph and Delta to pursue them.

Krius brought his fighter into a dive, laser blasts whizzing past it. But he didn't pay any attention to them; his sights were focused on the enemy fighter who had now leveled out of its dive, and was heading towards Krius's direction. Pretty soon, the fighter would be right below Krius, and the chase would begin. "Lets see what you got."

Krius let three blasts of linked canon fire loose, heading straight towards the enemies flight path. For a second, Krius thought he had already won, but he was wrong. Right before the fighter was about to meet with his lasers, it pulled hard port. Krius slammed the control yoke forward with all his might, pulling his ship out of the dive, and slowly but gradually leveling him out. Krius was lost for a second, not knowing which way was up and which way was down but then realized that he was upside down. He rolled his fighter bringing him back upright, and quickly tugged the control yoke back causing him to barely miss a turret that was sticking out of the surface on the platform. "Now that was close," Krius said aloud to himself.

Krius began his search for the enemy fighter, but before he new it, the fighter was on his tail. Krius forced his fighter into an upwards dive, and did a full roll on the way up. Before the enemy pilot could fire again, Krius was gone. He had quickly brought his fighter into another dive, causing them to go the opposite direction. This is going to be a tuff one.
-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited July 24, 2006 9:30:03 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1440
July 24, 2006 9:43:49 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally!!!

-----------------------

Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  131
July 25, 2006 9:49:16 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
The HLAF-500 was fast, but not as fast as the Hawkbats.  On the other hand, these pilots seemed to be pretty well trained.  Sion got a clean missile lock on one of the fighters, he then proceeded to press down with his left thumb.  The missile streaked out from under him toward the enemy fighter.  The 500 immediately went evasive, just as Sion expected it to.  Sion knew that with the skill that the enemy pilots had the missile probably wouldn't hit him, but that wasn't the idea.  He had only launched the missile as a distraction. 

As the 500 flew spastically to avoid being blown up, Sion came around on his flank and began to pump fire into the NR fighter.  The pilot tried to then avoid Than Sion too but he made the fatal error of forgetting about the projectile behind him for a split second.  He died in a fiery explosion probably right after he realized his mistake.

He noticed Cyleaf take out a fighter that had been concentrating on killing Krius.  Two down, ten to go, thought Sion.

"This is Kaph 5.  Kaph 6, go for that fighter that is at your eleven."

Sion got what was going on without even asking.

"This is Six, Copy that Five."

He shot over for the enemy fighter, gunning the engine to nearly max.  He was going to use the TIEs higher speed to his advantage, even though how small of a difference that maybe.  He opened fire on the HLAF, causing it to go evasive.  The fighter had some how made it to Sion's right flank. Slick moves, but not slick enough, Sion thought.  Immediately the enemy fighter jolted from fire.  When it aborted its attack on Than Sion, he quickly pulled the fighter away from the dog fight to get back his bearings.

The fighter was now on Demonic's tail.  These guys are really good for the most part, thought Sion.  He then brought his fighter on the 500.  Before he could do any real damage, he noticed a red dot on his radar to his four.

"Sith spawn," cursed Sion out loud.

He quickly brought his fighter around to take on the fighter, but it wasn't there anymore.  Crap, thought Sion.  He then felt the expected jolt on his shields.  He quickly went evasive to avoid damage.

"Six," said Kal, "why is the attack being held up"

"Sorry Five," replied Sion.  "I got one on my six right now too!"

The pilot was just too good, he was quickly draining Sion's shields. Down to 50%, 40%, 35%, thought Sion.  He was desperately twisting and juking but he couldn't throw the fighter off his tail.  His shields were now a dark red on the indicator screen.  Great, thought Sion, so this is where I find out what it is like to die.  All of a sudden he felt an explosion throw him forward.  Hey, no fair, thought Sion. I wasn't suppose to feel anything!!!  But then he noticed that he was still there.

"Man we thought you two were goners," said Krius.  "If it wasn't for Will and me, the deadly duo would be no more."

Demonic was still alive, that was good, thought Than Sion. That leaves two flights to go, he finished his thoughts. 

(OCC: Hawkbat goes 137 MGLT and the HLAF-500 goes 127 MGLT.)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited July 25, 2006 9:51:41 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited July 25, 2006 9:54:51 AM)]
Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

Post Number:  157
July 25, 2006 7:36:39 PM    View the profile of Krius 
"Alright Cy, the score is now 1-1, that means we both have to buy each other drinks. But you still owe us all one because of the tower, so that's two for me," said Krius excitedly over the intercom.

"Yea I know I know, but I'm gonna even things out sooner or later, just you watch," replied the Zabrak, a touch of cockiness to his voice.

"Yea, I will," Krius answered, while turning starboard. There were still two flights of those fighters left, and Krius had to admit, he didn't feel like going up against another one of those guys again. They definitely had more experience then Krius, and they had some pretty nice moves. If it wasn't for Cyleaf, Krius would have been ripped apart, just like so many of those other pilots he had killed. The thought of all the people that Krius had killed today gave him a gut wrenching feeling, giving him the urge to throw up. He had been treating everything like a game so far, not thinking about who he had just killed.

A tear could be felt sliding down his cheek, he tried to wipe it, but the helmet was in the way. There was no turning back now, and there was nothing he could do to prevent it from happening. Anyways, there the ones who decided to join the Rebels and fight. It's there fault really, so I shouldn't have to worry about it. Krius new he was right, but sometimes wished there could be a better way then killing to get people to listen. Krius sighted another enemy fighter, and an image flooded his mind. It was an image of his uncles face, someone who had been killed by rebels. And that is my cause for this fight.

Krius put his throttle to the max, the anger that had been dwelling inside of him finally pouring out. But it was a different kind of anger; he was mad, but it was controlled, something he had learned from boxing. You gotta use it to you're advantage.
It was one of the many lessons that he had learned from his boxing coach. Instead of swinging wildly, you hit like you've been hitting the whole match, but harder. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Krius tapped the firing button three times, his canons responding with three linked ruby red lasers. He had shot directly into its flight path, managing to get two successful hits. Krius felt superior to the pilot just by making those two hits. And that was a good sign. The pilot went evasive, swerving up and down and left to right. Krius kept his cool though, waiting for the opponent to do what he was really planning to do. But before Krius would let him do anything, he switched his intercom to the open channel.

"Hey buddy, what do you think of life?"

"It's great, especially when I get to live off killing people like..."

The plan worked out just the way he thought it would. He had managed to distract him and rapidly pounded shots into the fighter, ripping it into bits before exploding. "Idiot, I can't believe I was actually scared of someone like you," Krius said aloud, letting his victory soak in.

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited July 25, 2006 7:37:12 PM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > ESC: Kaph Story  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:27:50 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 122  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >