Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Galactic Games on Euceron
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2136
Total Posts:  2943
  RE: Galactic Games on Euceron
July 26, 2006 9:33:06 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit met Kairo outside Stadium Two. The pair looked like two nobles of some planet, just not this one. They apparently had something to discuss. It was nearing mid-day, and Rizzit was getting hungry. Kairo was stalling him, and it wasn't helping his appetitite.

"So Cosmic is an official contestant here eh?" Rizzit asked. "No undercover mission or whatnot?" Kairo nodded in return, hoping it would prove sufficient to his superior. Realizing that it wouldn't, he decided that it was best to come clean. He and Rizzit were pals after all as well as fellow officers, surely Rizzit would understand.

"I've decided to enter too."

"You've decided to expose yourself?" asked Rizzit...shocked.

Kairo shook his head. "No, I'm entering as a citizen of Euceron."

Rizzit laughed. "Now THAT'S funny. We look NOTHING like them here, and you want to be one of them."

"Well, any better ideas?"

"No. I do have a request though."

Kairo saw this coming a parsec away. He was going to do something he wanted to do, so either Rizzit was going to make it miserable for him or make him earn the right to enjoy himself. He was hoping he could do this "favor" when they returned.

"Allright Rizz. What is it this time?"

"Keep Cosmic safe. You are a contestant, but we also have a mission. That mission now includes protecting Cosmic now that he's entered the contest. By all means participate and have fun, but keep Cosmic and everyone else there safe. You can do two things at once right?"

Kairo nodded then sighed. "I....suppose."

Rizzit smiled. "Thank you my friend....and good luck!"

Rizzit walked away from Kairo and headed for Stadium Three. Both sadness and excitement filled Rizzit's head. I hope nothing goes wrong in this event, Cosmic's presence there is going to create quite a ruckus! Then too....seeing him in action will be quite a treat. I haven't seen him fight since we were squadmates all those years ago...

One Hour Later....

Rizzit arrived at the gates to Stadium Three. This was becoming a normal procedure for him. Arrive at the stadium, hand over your ticket, proceed to VIP box, then enjoy event. Nothing had happened so far, but Rizzit had a sinking feeling that it would. When he arrived at the VIP box, he had to explain to the ruling power where Kairo was. While they agreed it was a good idea, they were quite miffed about him posing as a Euceronian. They didn't argue too much, this was one of their favorite events.

-----------------------
Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  209
July 28, 2006 6:31:02 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos and LK quickly walked into the stadium, both of them taking a short glance at their surroundings.  Aphamos knew that today would be an interesting day; what could be more fun then to watch sixteen men beat the life out of each other?  The scent of destruction loomed in the air; various ideas were flying through Aphamos's head about what would happen at Krovatin.  Damn Ezjarl.  What the heck is he going to do? He looked over at his friend, LK, who wasn't in his usual robotic state.  Instead, his face mirrored one of concern, his senses sharp, looking for that one clue, that one ripple that would help them find what they were looking for.  He tapped him on the shoulder, LK slowly turning around, facing Aphamos.  "Where do you think he is?" asked Aphamos plainly, knowing that he wasn't asking the right question.  LK shrugged, turning back and looking around the stadium again.  The crowd was slowly funneling in, Aphamos moving to the side to dodge the oncoming rush.  The stands started to populate, people taking their seats, getting comfortable for the highly acclaimed event that they were soon to witness.

"Two things." said LK.  "The first being that he's not going to be here.  He wants Cosmic dead, but he wouldn't kill himself in the process.  The second is that we won't find the bomb here.  It is under the stadium."  Aphamos stood there in silence, pondering on the statement that was just made by LK.  How the heck does he know this?

"How can you be sure" asked Aphamos.  LK didn't answer, but instead, walked deeper into the stadium.  Shaking his head, Aphamos followed him, the stadium finally reaching its maximum capacity.  "Wait."  LK stopped, Rogueboy casually approaching the duo.  "We need your help." Aphamos said, directing his words to Rogueboy.

"Uh, I really have to be somewhere." he said, trying to get past Aphamos.  Aphamos stood firmly in front of him, a look of seriousness on his face.  Rogueboy finally stopped, backing away.  "I can see that this is a bit more important, so shoot."

"Thank you." said Aphamos.  "If you don't help us, a lot of people are going to die."  Rogueboy took some time digesting what he had just heard, then nodded.  Aphamos looked over at LK, who immediately started briefing Rogue on the situation.

"Wow." said Rogueboy.  "So what do you need me to do?"

"Stay up in your sniper position." said Aphamos.  "Keep your eye out and notify us if you see anything that could be what we are looking for."  Rogueboy nodded, walking past Aphamos to the back of the stadium.  He made his way up the staircase, soon out of Aphamos's sight.  LK started off again, heading down to the bottom of the stadium, the row closest to the actual field.  "Let's wait a bit.  Let things get started so that the crowd won't see anything suspicious.  LK hesitated for a moment, and then nodded, both of them walking back up the stadium, taking seats near the mid section of the stadium.  Aphamos looked over to the field as Maxine Vista made her way on the field, raising her hand as to acknowledge the crowds applause and shouts.  They crowd slowly died down to a low murmur, Vista now having the chance to begin her speech.

"Welcome to the second event here at the Galactic Games, Krovatin." she stated.  The crowd erupted in applause, shouts filling that stadium yet again.  "Now let's get things started."  A door behind Vista opened, the faint image of two men being shown.  "The athletes competing are as follows:" Before Vista could start calling out the names, the crowd was already ahead of her, people all around screaming and shouting.  "Once Vista found that small bit of space, she started announcing the names.  "Tisek Bewo, Mocti Moeha, Ropam Ipomanch, A-ra Scyawirchasha, Ifige Hedi, Emaniwa O'bla, Iobi Necear, Erga Sresrce, Yyyrahab, Gafa Emerfo, Pamo Isook, Eaoof Einir, Torpeu Ickerfa, Aomi Lightstrider, Kairo Vandate, and Cosmic Vorsoth."  The crowd shouted and applauded after each name, except for the last.  As Cosmic's name was announced, the sounds were split between loud boo's and tamed applause.  Jacen Needas, the referee for the games, slowly came out of the back room.  The crowd cheered and applauded at his entrance, Needas making it to the middle of the field.

"Players, please take your sides." he said.  The teams took their sides, bowing at each other before the started.  "Hand on the wall, please."  Each player placed one of their hands on the wall, holding their metal pole out in front of them, ready to shoot forward to their enemy.  After a brief check to make sure that each contestant was in the ready position, Needas raised his hand.  "Players ready?  BEGIN!"  He quickly moved out of the way as the players sprang forward, heading straight towards each other.  Poles raised, the two teams met each other in a violet bangSomeone is going to die today.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  373
Total Posts:  814
July 30, 2006 5:11:31 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
------After the Riot--------

Jenny had been busy with trying to convince Zafo to free Corin, with a crying Freje standing by, begging the same request, when finally Rizzit stated that Corin will be freed under the condition he or Melke or Freje doesn't attempt the same publicity stunt again, don't state themselves as imperials, and disguise themselves, change their names, whatever to make sure this kind of riot doesn't happen again and they don't endanger themselves.

So the following morning, putting on some hair dye, making their hair all blond, and wearing some sunglasses, Freje, Melke, Corin assumed their new identities. Melke and Corin becoming Wilron and Maros Mothdine and Freje becoming Noodi'la. Promised that this will be their last mission together for a while, Jenny happily took Freje in arms and went off with Melke and Corin to the games.

It was nearly lunch when they reached Stadium Three, already hungry, Jenny luckily spotted a nearby restaurant that especially opened on these days for the customers and of course, the party spirit, for the TV was right there to watch and to listen. As Jenny walked inside, the TV was showing footage of Madame Viste, who was announcing the start of the next event, Krovatin.

"Apparently two teams about to whack and beat each other up with poles and fists, come on, it's me, Leia, I was hoping you would come to my match, but I guess you were too caught in the whole trying to release Corin, Jenny. Yes, I saw it, you brother can really get people down, he knows that there are many imperial haters, you're lucky these people were on my side." Leia said, waving them to chairs at the table, which had a plate, fork, knife, the complementary dinner set, except for the drinks.

Jenny met Leia on the Tatooine mission, in which Ella was their primary target, the same place almost, Jenny feels, because she had met Leia also in a restaurant, but that one was worse because of the conditions in the Tatooine sands. The restaurant, El Tarkin, was Leia's home, her family, neither supportive of the rebels or the imperials, never stood out for an assassination because no one cared about the middle-part they just wanted the leftists and rightists.
"I'm thrilled to see you; you look well, how&." Jenny started the conversation again after taking orders for food from the menu, staring around at the restaurant, enjoying her drink.

"Well, we had to move, the desert conditions were terrible, I hated every moment I stayed in that place, lucky we came upon you or we were to stay in that place forever, it's just the killing of Ella I regret." Leia replied with a regrettable look on her face when Jenny sighed and spoke the truth:

"She's not dead. We just met her on our way here." Jenny spoke about the whole incident as it had happened but left out the part where Rizzit told about the truth. Leia was left pondering about Ella when their food came and Jenny started eating.

It took nearly an hour for that to get over with and while that was happening, blood was being splashed around in the footage of the TV as both teams battled on, it was a surprise to see Cosmic on the line, fighting for his life, because Jenny knows that they had to stay undercover, becoming a contestant just doesn't make things better.

"Well, I think the lunch satisfied me much, as some people say, eat well in the morning, eat full in the afternoon, and eat less in the evening." Jenny heard Corin remarked as they headed off, when in shock, Jenny and the others saw in awe as Leia prepared to go out, when she had a front row seat at home.

Leia apparently was expecting this and shrugged. "It's nothing, my parents and my sisters can handle this, come on, your friends are probably waiting for you at the stadium, let's go."

Still a bit confused by this move, Jenny followed Leia as they ran their way to Stadium Three.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 31, 2006 6:00:09 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2139
July 30, 2006 11:56:54 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Jenn, where does this fit in exactly?

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  378
July 31, 2006 5:59:14 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OCC: I don't know, whenever you weren't posting, the night after the riot and the following morning perhaps.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 31, 2006 6:25:27 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2142
July 31, 2006 12:08:02 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Ah, when u make back-posts (or so i call them) please include a timestamp. Something like:

Before Rizzit's arrival at Stadium Three...

Thanks!

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  2089
August 2, 2006 8:54:09 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy and Jenica sat down to watch the Krovatin event, there was hordes of people sitting down, a few of them cheering in anticipation of the games, Rogueboy turned to Jenica. "I'll be right back." She nodded her head, Rogueboy got up and went to the bathrooms passing by all manner of species, Rogue entered the bathrooms and went to an urinal where he relieved himself, he washed his hands and picked up his comlink. "Rogue to Darr, I'm here at the games in section D if you need me." Darr's voice crackled through the static Rogueboy managed to hear. "I....you...I'll.....if I need you." "Roger that." Rogueboy put his comlink back in its proper pocket and headed back towards his seat where a lady was expecting his arrival. On his way back to his seat Rogueboy bumped into Aphamos and LK, Aphamos spoke first. "We need your help." Shit, why now of all times? Must come up with excuse. "Uh, I really need to be somewhere." Rogue replied as he tried to shoulder past them, Aphamos wasn't giving any ground, Rogue looked into his face and saw his stoic demeanour. This is serious, please don't ask anything to heavy."I can see that this is a bit more important, so shoot." "Thank you. If you don't help us a lot of people are going to die." A calculating expression crossed Rogueboy's features. If I take the date I might die along with everyone else, what will that accomplish? Nothing Rogue nodded his head. "Me and LK think there might be a bomb under the arena, we are going to go scout it out." Rogueboy's eyes widened there was much more at stake than a simple date. "Wow, what do you need me to do?" Aphamos spoke up. "Stay up in your sniper position, keep your eye out and notify us if you see anything, that we could be looking for." Rogue nodded and headed towards his seat about to break the news to Jenica.

When Rogue arrived at his seat he leaned over to Jenica and whispered over the crowd. "I got to go emergency, if possible I would like to see you again." Jenica's face fell at first and than slowly her temper got the best of her. "You're going to leave me here? When I didn't even want to come in the first place? You might want to see me again but I don't want to see you again." With that Jenica stood up and proceeded to leaving the arena, Rogueboy followed her for two reasons, one; he didn't want to end like that, and two; he had to go get his rifle anyways. Rogue caught up to her and grabbed her hand; hard enough to let her know it was him but soft enough that if she really wanted to she could break through. "Please don't leave like this." Rogueboy pleaded, Jenica stared in his eyes, sensing the urgency in his voice. "What am I supposed to just sit by and wait for you to have time for me?" Rogueboy shook his head. "No it's not like that, right now I need to do something very important." Jenica sighed. "What is it?" Rogueboy gulped, uh oh what do I say now. "I need to go take care of something at the family business, but I'll be back by the end of the event." Jenica's eyes narrowed at first but than they shone like the moons of Tatooine. "I'll be waiting for you, just don't disappoint me again or you won't see me again." Rogueboy stared her straight in her eyes. "If I screw up again I won't even ask for another chance." With that Rogueboy left the arena.

Rogue arrived at the palace and entered the west wing towards the rooms, he entered the Raider's corridor and into his room, approaching a vent he slid his fingers in the grate and removed it; inside was his weapon trunk, he removed his sniper and disassembled it, fit it in a black inconspicuous briefcase, packing two clips he closed his trunk and slid it back into its hiding spot. Rogue proceeded towards the exit, and back to the games.

When Rogue arrived at the game Maxine Vista started her speech, Rogue gave his fake pass to one of the guards and pointed towards the all-to-familiar set of rungs leading to the catwalk, Rogueboy ascended the rungs all the way to the top, as he reached the top he looked over the side, the Krovatin contestants charged each other and met in the middle of the arena amidst a pile of fallen bodies and broken blunt ended spears. Rogue turned his mind to the task at hand opening his briefcase he took out his rifle and began assembling. All of a sudden Rogue's oxygen was cut off, a rifle was clamped over his throat and a pair of hands were holding it tightly, as well as a knee was in his back making the rifle constrict all the more. Rogue instinctively brought his hands up to try to relieve tension from his neck, but it was in vain, in a blind panic Rogue reached to his side and pulled out his vibro knife, reaching back he dug it in the man's leg and cut him all the way to the ankle, the man took a hand off the rifle to try to fight Rogue's knifing but it was futile and he was cut, Rogueboy did a quick turn around and he was face to face with the man, the crowd below cheered as a contestant got knocked out from the Krovatin game. Rogue advanced on the man with a grin, the man aimed his rifle and pressed the trigger, Rogue's grin spread wider as he threw something on the ground, the man looked and it was his clip, he paled and charged trying to use the butt end as a ram. Rogue deftly pushed it aside with one hand and dug his vibro knife hilt deep into the man's chest piercing his heart he stopped struggling soon after. Rogue took off his shirt and wrapped it around the man to try and prevent the bleeding from reaching the cheering fans below, Rogue took a minute to recover his breath, picking up his comlink he switched it on. "I made a contact on the catwalk, he's dead, he had a sniper." Darr's voice came over the frequency. "Do you need backup?" Rogue paused a few seconds and contemplated, than he picked up his comlink and spoke. "It would be a waste of manpower I can hold my own up here." Rogue put together his rifle and waited.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 2, 2006 8:54:44 AM)]
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  184
Total Posts:  242
August 3, 2006 4:31:35 PM    View the profile of daminga 
"I made a contact on the catwalk, he's dead, he had a sniper."
What the? thought Daminga.
"Do you need backup?"
What's going on?
"It would be a waste of manpower I can hold my own up here."
Nobody tells me anything anymore.
Daminga rose from his seat in the H section of the stands as the crowd continued to roar for the combatants in the Krovatin event.  He looked around at the catwalks above.  He noticed a tiny movement on one and realized that Rogue was positioning himself as sniper cover.  Daminga looked to where Rogue was covering and noticed Aphamos and LK sitting in the stands. 
Something's up and I need to figure what it is. thought Daminga as he started toward Aphamos and LK. 
Just as he was rounding a corner, Darr reached a hand out of the shadows and pulled him in.
"Daminga.  We've got a situation."

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited August 3, 2006 4:32:08 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  389
August 3, 2006 8:01:52 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy surveyed the arena using his scope, adjusting the angle so that the shot would match the crosshair in the scope, there was a slight beep behind Rogue and he quickly turned around and was about to fire, but there was nothing there. I think I might be losing my mind. Two seconds later the beep came again, this time Rogue heard it come from the corpse, he inspected the corpse and pulled out a comlink, the red light was flashing indicating an incoming transmission. Humour me. Rogue pressed the button on the side and grunted into the comlink a voice responded. "Remember kill the one with the silver hair and the red eyes, if you fail fall to plan B, it might a bit of a light show but it will get things done." The transmission ended, Rogue searched the corpse, he came up with a wallet that had fifty ICS but no identification, Rogueboy pocketed these credits and continued searching the body; two death sticks, a small broken mirror, one grenade, one pistol just above his boot, reaching into his breast pocket Rogue extracted a piece of paper labeled "Plan B" Rogueboy tried to read the words but it did not make sense, he went on the comlink. "Darr I found a piece of paper labeled plan B, my assailant received a message from person unknown; his target was Cosmic and I have a sneaking suspicion plan B is a bomb, but I have nothing to back this up." Rogue paused as he awaited a response. "Good job, Aphamos and LK went underground to check for the possibility of a bomb, I'm going to check up on their status and get back to you." Rogue waited patiently, scanning the crowd for any violent outbreaks; sure enough there was a minor brawl near the back of the arena two men were having a punchout. "This is Rogueboy, we have two men brawling in the back of the arena near exit forty-three, any nearby units please respond one man might have a pistol." "This is RK I'm near there I'm going to go and try to break it up." Rogue responded. "No problem, if you need a shot don't hesitate to ask."

Meanwhile on the other side of the arena.

Jenica was sitting and watching the event, the fans booing and cheering according to how the silver-haired man was playing, everyone was eager for him to fail. Jenica didn't like how the long silver-haired man was playing, he cracked one of his opponents across the head after dodging a badly aimed blow to his legs. The crowd let out a roar, a few catcalls were made. Jenica hated all representatives of the Empire, they killed her father and she was never going to forgive them, she didn't plan on killing the silver haired man, or any of his kind unless she had a way to not get killed, either from his comrades, or the assassins that might get sent out. Let it go Jen, She thought to herself, daddy knew the risks of taking on the remnants of the empire, what he believed in got him killed is it right for me to hate a group of people who daddy would of killed as much as they killed him? Jen pushed such thoughts from her mind, they were alien to her they were the enemy, they always would be, fascist dictators the lot of them. Jen got up from her seat and went to go get a beer.

Rogueboy watched Jenica get up from her seat, he watched the play of emotions on her face as Cosmic smashed the other contestant. She hates us? Why is it I always have to pick the mentally screwed ones? Rogueboy thought to himself as he reminisced about the one that tried to stab him. Damn it Jen, why can't you be one of the normal ones? Why do I like her so much? She's not very different from most other girls, other than her aim with a gun.

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 3, 2006 8:03:35 PM)]
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  823
August 3, 2006 8:32:08 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK was wondering what all the hype was about on the commlink, he knew he should turn it off before somebody got nosy. He took dissconnnected his C-3POD earphones and plugged them into his comlink so that he could hear what was going on, atleast this way nobody can listen in. RK listened for a while, then he heard Rogueboy's voice come over the speaker

"This is Rogueboy, we have two men brawling in the back of the arena near exit fourty-three, any nearby units please respond on man might have a pistol."

"This is RK, I am near there I'm going to go and try and break it up."

"No problem, if you need a shot don't hesitate to ask."

"I got it Rogue, you just keep your eye on any other suspicous activity, and try not to blow my head off if you try to hit the man with the pistol." he heard a chuckle and soon after he heard Rogue reply. "Alright, just remember don't give away your cover."

RK ran threw the corridors, he could hear screams from the security guards, they kept yelling to stop it,  it wasn't doing any good. Finally the man with the pistol aimed at the guard and shot him straight between the eyes, that was all the motivation RK needed, he pulled out his DC-15 blaster pistol, dropped to the floor and rolled over out of sight, but not out of sight of the gunman. RK heard the one guy pleading in a slurred tongue, he was drunk probably a bar fight. RK took aim just as the one guy said, "You know to much." RK shot at the guy, braising his leg.

He got up and slowly made his way over to the guy who already had RK in his aim. RK stood his ground. "Put the pistol down and nobody gets hurt". RK noticed that the guy was fiddling with something in his sleeve, but he couldn't be sure if he was scared or if he was up to something. The guy dropped his gun shaking nervously in the process.

"See now that wasn't so hard." RK holstered his pistol and started walked over to pick up the  pistol that the man dropped, but when he did the man pulled out a small hold-out blaster. "Don't move or I will shoot."

RK made a quick motion to grab the pistol and shoot the guy, but it was a big mistake, a beam of energy hit RK straight in the arm. RK managed to pick up the pistol and kill the other man, but after he blacked out.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by RK (edited August 3, 2006 8:37:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited August 3, 2006 8:54:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited August 4, 2006 10:31:25 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited August 4, 2006 10:36:47 AM)]
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  242
August 3, 2006 9:51:20 PM    View the profile of daminga 
"Darr I found a piece of paper labeled plan B, my assailant received a message from person unknown; his target was Cosmic and I have a sneaking suspicion plan B is a bomb, but I have nothing to back this up."

"Oh goody! Fireworks!" exclaimed Daminga as he heard Rogue's transmission to Darr.  His squadleader just gave a dirty look before he responded into his com,

"Good job, Aphamos and LK went underground to check for the possibility of a bomb, I'm going to check up on their status and get back to you."  He shut off the com and turned to Daminga, "Come on joker.  Let's see what we've got." 

Just as they started to head off after Aphamos and LK the comlink squeaked on again.  "This is Rogueboy, we have two men brawling in the back of the arena near exit forty-three, any nearby units please respond one man might have a pistol."  Another voice responded before Darr could say anything, "This is RK I'm near there I'm going to go and try to break it up." 

"RK?  Isn't he Jester?" asked Daminga.

"Yea, better go see if he needs any help.  You know how those guys are,"  Darr rolled his eyes.  With a nod Daminga was off after RK towards the exit Rogue had named.  When he was about 5 meters away still he heard a blaster being fired and saw a security guard collapse.  Daminga immediately dove for a wall.  He pulled out his Kylan blaster but kept it hidden between himself and the wall so that nobody could see.  Most of the crowd near the exit had already started the usual bit of screaming bloody murder and running around franticly as if they were important enough to be the ones that were getting shot at.  Daminga glanced around the corner of the wall and saw RK with his blaster also drawn.  One suspect was on the ground almost crying but Daminga could tell he was drunk to hell.  The other held up the blaster in his hand and said something Daminga couldn't hear before another shot rang out.  This time is was RK who fired.

So much for undercover,thought Daminga.

"Put the pistol down and nobody gets hurt," RK was saying.  The suspect did as he asked but Daminga noticed something wasn't right.  Something in this guy's face was telling Daminga he wasn't giving up yet. By now RK was moving towards the suspect with his blaster holstered.

What is he doing?! He doesn't have his blaster out!

Daminga advanced around the wall, keeping his own blaster as concealed as possible. 

"Don't move or I'll shoot!" the suspect yelled as he leveled a hold-out blaster at RK.

Uh oh.

Daminga charged the two men but he was too late.  The suspect fired his weapon into RK's side.  Amazingly, RK was able pull off a shot and hit the guy in the head, killing him instantly.  Daminga ran to RK's side and knelt and quickly examined the injury.  Daminga quickly grabbed his comlink and stated as clearly and as discreetly as possible yet with enough feeling to get the message across.

"RK's been hit!  Suspect terminated.  Any Jester squad member in or around the Krovatin event, please respond!  Any medical personal please respond!" 

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited August 3, 2006 9:54:49 PM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited August 3, 2006 9:56:50 PM)]
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  91
Total Posts:  823
August 5, 2006 10:49:43 AM    View the profile of RK 
"Get up, your job isn't finished yet." a voice cam out of nowhere , but it was a beautiful voice like nothing he had ever heard before. "Yes it is, they don't need me." The voice spoke again, "Yes they do, you just need to have faith in yourself." It continued, " You don't know it, but they need you." it was his turn to reply. "No, they think I'm worthless, that I'm not cut out for this." The voice wasn't about to give up though, he wished it would. "Stop putting yourself down, you have done lots of things that are considered heroish acts, if you keep this up they will thinkl your worth nothing." "No, everything I do is wrong, nothing I ever do turns out to be good." "Just have faith in yourself, and then you will do more than you ever imagined." "I can't, I can't , I can't...." 

"I can't, I can't...."

" RK snap out of it." Garet was standing next to the dolly that RK was laying on. He slapped RK across the head to wake him up.

RK awoke the sound of cheering, th fuzzled sound of a comlink and his thoughts.

"What happened, where am I?" RK asked already knowing the answers.

"You got shot in the arm, and your in the same place you where when you blacked out." Garet replied.

"You can go, but I recommend you be careful." the medic said, as RK started to sit up., "It was only deep enough that it wasn't fatal, but nezt time you might not be so lucky."

"Yes, Sir."

RK got up, grabbed the pistol that the other guy had used and put it in his pocket for safe keeping. The "dream" he had was starting to get to him, was it true that he was putting himself down? Did he really need to stop before everyone thought he was worthless? That voice also got to him, he heard that voice before but he wasn't sure where, although at the time he thought it was a new voice. All he could remember was a bright light and him satnding there and out of the light came that voice.He wasn't going to dwell on it right now. He had other matters to attend to and he wasn't about to let a wounded arm get in his way.

Man, I'm lucky Garet is going to let me do anything after what happened back there. RK kept remembering back to that dream, he couldn;t figure out what it meant, but he knew there was something behind it.

"RK, wait!" Garet yelled for RK to take a screeching hault so he could talk to him. Great, he probably want's me to take it easy."I'm not asking you to take it easy, all i want to talk to you about is going into situations like that alone." Garet is actually worried for my life. "Next time take a partner, you could have died back there, and Jester can't risk that, you understand?"

"Loud and clear"

"Good, now I want to finish watching this Krovatin match."

-----------------------
Jester Squad
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  402
August 5, 2006 4:02:09 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy's head hit the rifle again jerking him back awake, he was nodding on and off ever since the brawl, which was only five minutes ago. I need some more action if I'm going to stay awake, or at least to walk around, speaking of which. "Darr if possible can you find someone to relieve me? I'm falling asleep up here."

Darr's voice crackled on the comlink, but Rogue was able to understand every word. "The Raiders are all tied up, will anyone from another squad want to man the sniper position?" Rogue patiently waited for someone to answer the call, hoping that it would be soon before he falls asleep.

Garet came over on the comlink. "RK volunteers, it would be perfect because he is going to have a hard time climbing, just might be a little hard for him to get up those rungs." Rogueboy looked through his scope trying to find RK, browsing through the crowds until he found RK walking along; making his way past crowds who were enraptured with the match. Finally RK made it to the rungs and began his ascent.

RK reached the top of the rungs perspiration running down his face he gasped for air as he spoke. "I...I..made it." With that RK fell down on the catwalk, Rogue went to help him lie his back on the railings.

Half grinning and half with sympathy Rogue yelled over the chanting crowd. "Not as easy as it looks does it?" RK just kept breathing hard, so Rogue continued. "Alright here is the rifle, take good care of it I oiled it before I came up so it won't jam on you, you know how these slugthrowers are, I have the view set for about a hundred and fifty meters, take good care of my baby." With those words Rogueboy went to the rungs and began clambering down them. I knew I should of brought more weapons than my dual SH-9's and my vibroknucklers. Rogue reached the bottome and pulled out his comlink. "Darr can I go with Aphamos and LK to scout out the basement? I'll be good I promise."

Rogueboy had to pay attention to the comlink over the crowds chants. "I guess they could use your help, I mean as long as you promise to be a good boy and not get yourself or your team mates killed, you can go." Rogueboy's spirits soared.

Rogue pressed the talk button on his comlink. "Aph where are you guys? I'm going to meet up with you and we could go to hell together."

Aphamos picked up his comlink. "Rogueboy we are in the back, take exit two walk on your right, there will be a door labeled, personnel only, there will be a guard show him your ID and he will let you through, there is a hallway take the third door on your right and me and LK will be there waiting by the tubelifts, waiting for you."

Rogueboy let out a bark. "Don't wait for me to long otherwise I just might not show up. I'll be there in about ten minutes." Rogueboy switched the comlink mode to receive and looked up, exit sixty-eight. Crap

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 5, 2006 6:41:34 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  389
August 6, 2006 8:57:54 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
------Before RK was knocked out--------
Jenny heard the ruckus on the personal comlink as she, Leia, Corin, Freje and Melke headed their way toward a nearby entrance. The noise of the crowd nearing them, Jenny handed the ticket to the guard up ahead, but was nervous for her friends when Leia suddenly moved up to the guard, seducing him as she spoke:

"You're cute, mind letting my friends in?" Leia pointed, continuing while turning toward the restaurant that was her home, "That's going to be my restaurant someday; I'll take you to it if you let my friends in."

"Oh, no problem, I know you, you're that sweet bartender that always serves me the best drink, alright I'll let you guys in this time, but only because of the drinks." The guard responded kindly as Leia and Jenny's friends headed inside while the guard added: "Don't forget about that date!"

Jenny saw Leia chuckle in kind, no doubt planning some excuse to get out of that one, Leia, was a woman who never went out with the guy unless he was perfect, and judging by that encounter, that wasn't the perfect man.

"Jenny, wow, looks like your friends have been disguised, all natural blond. Who's the cutie in the Euceron Games shirt?" KnightWind said, remarking Leia's Euceron spirit.

"That's one of my various girlfriends I met on my journey, this is Leia Tarkin. Leia, KnightWind, a member in my squad, Dark Dragoons." Jenny introduced, politely, as Leia stared in awe at the handsome man that was glancing down at her.

I knew she would find one, damn, I just knew, I hope this goes well. Jenny pondered as they continued inside, when they saw from a nearby exit, Garet, apparently calming someone down, another squad's member, probably. Jenny went closer with her friends as the conversation finished and Jenny whispered loudly, stopping them in their tracks for a sec:

"Hey, guys wait a sec, what's going on? I heard a lot of talk on the comlink, there's apparently an assassination of Cosmic, you're kidding me, with a bomb, and how the hell are they going to plant that?"

"Jenny, I know you're a bit confused, but we do have a situation, and it doesn't help to mutter it out loud. Just get a seat up here and enjoy the show, but keep an eye out for suspicious people. By the way, meet RK, he's in our squad, Jesters, I wish I could stay with you guys, but this squad's pretty good too, it was nice meeting you, Jenny." Garet replied as a hand went over him, from the exit stairway nearby, it was Ella's personal bodyguard, also her sweetheart, Dakine Tarcin.

"Shh, don't make a sound, and come with us, into this exit." Ella muttered, holding a concealed blasters to Jenny and Leia's backs, with other thugs appeared behind Corin, Freje, and Melke's back, making them all walk slowly into the exit hallway.

Jenny saw that Garet, just receiving a transmission, was let to speak as he ordered RK to watch the stadium below, RK, looking lost at the kidnappers, went off, but still hesitated as he took up that job.

"What's your business here? Wanting to kill Cosmic?" Jenny asked turning angrily, staring at the cackling evil-doer before her, Ella was so personal; she was the one who did the kill that took Jenny's mom away from her. She felt the same burning glow in Freje too.

"Don't give the hatred stares; revenge isn't going to help you. Now that you're all turned, I guess I should speak the truth. What's going on is that Cosmic, down there, will be executed on my command, with a bomb planted right underneath the Koratin match, we'll achieve ultimate victory. Of course, I can't let a couple of meddling kids to speak this out, kill them!" Ella said, setting off with her lover as Jenny stared at the thugs before her. damn, they got blaster rifles, we'll never--

"Jenny, catch, it's a little something I brought from my home." Jenny stared at the rifle Leia just thrown at her, stopping her disbelief thought She's just full of surprises, I'd never guess she would prepare weapons, old precautions&. "A E-11, standard, but easy to get, let blast these sons of guns." Leia added, as the short battle started.

It was short but sweet, as the low-leveled thugs blasted, ricocheting off every wall and hoping to get a hit. Jenny, the only one holding a blaster rifle, besides Leia, fired in rapid succession hoping to kill these guys off quickly. After exchanges and exchanges behind a nearby wall, the totally exposed thugs got their match, they were dead.

"Take one of these and put their rifles in it, I prepared this stuff so I'd be able to crack any assassination attempts. By the looks of their rifle, I say they're rebels, but I'm not sure." Leia spoke calmly as she handed a pack to fill with the rifle each to Melke, Freje and Corin. She turned to Jenny and added: "Jenny, give that back, I'll put that in my own pack here."

"I knew I should have prepared more for this trip." Jenny commented, still staring confused at the path in which Ella and her lover had run.

"Well, I'll contact Darr and see what we're going to do. Stay tight, guys, this has been a kind of big turn of events here." Garet replied like he had just knew how to speak as he stared, still reeling from this confusing situation.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  86
August 6, 2006 2:14:44 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos stood there waiting in the silence, rapping his left foot on the metal ground.  Dammit.  What the heck is taking him so long?  He looked over at LK, who was calmly staring at the turbolift, with the same robotic look on his face.  Wonder what he is thinking about.  Aphamos looked around at the halls, a shiver surging down his spine.  He had been like this since he was a child, his claustrophobia always kicking in at the worst possible moments.  The halls in the "personnel only" section were very cramped, dim lights hanging down from the low ceiling.  Aphamos started to panic, immediately closing his eyes, breathing in and out heavily, trying to shut all sounds out of his mind.  He listened to himself breathe as he started to loosen his muscles, his body losing its apprehension.

Aphamos snapped awake as someone poked him on the shoulder.  His hand naturally shot up, catching the finger of the man that had woken him.  He turned around, his vision meeting Rogueboy's face.  Rogueboy's left eyebrow was raised in a suspicious manner, a questioning look about him.  "Can you let go on my hand now?" he asked.  Aphamos smiled, letting go of his friend's hand.  "A "hello" will be fine next time, let me assure you."  Before Rogueboy could say anymore, LK had stepped into the turbolift, obviously eager to get down below the stadium.  Aphamos and Rogueboy joined him, the uncomfortable dizziness entering Aphamos's body again.  Bah!  Not again.  He closed his eyes a second time as LK hit the controls, the door to the lift hissing shut. 

"Down, down we go." said Aphamos, eyes still closed.  "Down into the belly of the beast."  Rogueboy smiled, taking his weapon out of his jacket pocket, preparing himself for any trouble that they might face.  LK was standing their in his statue like state, no emotion on his face at all.  Might as well get ready.  Aphamos pulled the Mynock pistol out of his jacket pocket, loading a clip of ammunition into it.  He lowered the weapon to his waist, his hands starting to shake again.  The turbolift came to a sudden halt, Aphamos loosing his footing for a second.  The door to the lift slowly opened, revealing a dark, dingy area.  So this is where the magic happens&  LK immediately stepped inside, Aphamos and Rogueboy following him.  Aphamos raised his gun, a wary feeling looming inside of him.  I think we may stumble on more than just a bomb in here.  They continued on their path, metal pillars attached to the ceiling in their way.

Aphamos stepped to the side, just barely missing a collision with one of the pillars.  He was waiting for something to jump out of nowhere, a disturbance that would give him reason to fire his weapon.  He came to an abrupt stop, hearing a moaning noise resonating from the area in front of him.  He looked over at Rogueboy, who had apparently heard the sound as well, and then at LK, who was heading towards the noise.  The cocking of a gun broke the silence as well; LK turned around, raising his gun to signify to the others that it was him that made the noise.  Aphamos briefly nodded, pointing his gun at the area where the moaning emerged from.  Even before the trio reached that area, Aphamos could tell what the noise was.  Looks like we may pickup a few friends on the way.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  88
August 7, 2006 3:20:14 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos swallowed, his throat dry and sore.  The darkness blinded him, the fear inside of him making his tips of his fingers tingle.  He held his weapon straight up, aiming forward; every second that he waited for something, somebody to make a move felt like an eternity.  Metal pillars were randomly scattered throughout the area, making their path even more difficult to continue with; the pillars often times made them lose their direction.  The moaning was now at its peak, Aphamos knowing that whatever was creating the sound was close to them.  LK held up his hand, the trio coming to a stop as he looked down, a body lying there on the cold, metal ground.  Aphamos bent down, taking the cloth out of the man's mouth, Rogueboy untying the man.  He slowly came to his feet, shaking his head to regain his senses.  Aphamos took a closer look at the man, something very familiar about him.  The name finally came to his head, Aphamos stupidly blurting it out.

"Eviscares?!?" Aphamos said out loud.  His voice shattered the silence, the echo quickly spreading out through the area.  Just as he was about to continue, Eviscares placed a swift blow to Aphamos's stomach, knocking the air out of him.  Aphamos immediately went into a crouch position, grasping his stomach.  The blow did not hurt him, but instead, shocked Aphamos.  He slowly came up, staring hard at his fellow squad mate.  Eviscares smiled, LK not giving them any time to chit-chat.  He started off again, Rogueboy, Aphamos, and Eviscares following suite.  Aphamos sighed, feeling more comfortable now that they had another member for their group.  In a few minutes, they had gained a small amount of distance, Aphamos growing bored of their journey.  He walked over to Eviscares, questions forming in his head about how he had gotten here.

"So, how did you get down here?" asked Aphamos.  He tried to be silent, his words mere whispers.  Eviscares looked at him, the looked forward again, Aphamos obviously interrupting his train of thought.

"I went down here before the event started," he replied, "to check this place out.  You know, make sure that no one was doing any snooping around or whatnot."  Aphamos nodded, the statement making sense.  "So when I got here, I heard some voices, and naturally, I looked around to see what it was."  Aphamos closed his eyes for a moment, drawing the situation out for himself.  "There were a group of men, about five I would say, carrying something.  I didn't know what it was, and before I could find out, someone knocked me out.  I was knocked out for about an hour or so; they tied me up and left me here to die."

Aphamos nodded, looking forward.  He heard the sound of footsteps ahead of them.  He quickly turned to his right, hearing a sound in that direction as well.  Oh crap.  They are here..  "You know that thing they were carrying?" asked Aphamos.  Eviscares briefly nodded, turning to look at Aphamos again.  "That's a bomb."

-----------------------
Raiders

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  415
August 7, 2006 7:05:27 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy couldn't believe Eviscares was down here, to shock him even further Aphamos broke the silence when he yelled Eviscares name, oh great we could all be dead because someone opened their mouth. Rogue was actually surprised he wasn't the first to speak, he found the constant silence briefly interspersed with hand signals nerve-racking, but now they were in hot blue milk and only a miracle will see them safely through this. "Aphamos, I think we should lay a trap for them."

Aphamos looked up, obviously regretting his yelling before, and thinking of how he could get them out of this. "What do you mean lay a trap for them? And more importantly how?" Aphamos shuffled his feet obviously nervous that Rogueboy would come up with a plan that might save their lives, after all most of Rogue's plans tend to lead to minor mishaps with the law and bars.

"Well we know we're screwed, they are coming from both sides and we know they number at least six, there are metal pillars and the place is dimly lit, they are expecting to see at least two people, a tied Eviscare, and a rescuer. I'll be the rescuer, you two take cover in the dim lighting and when they show up, I'll surrender and you guys take them out. Sound good?" Rogue looked in each of the soldiers eyes, trying to read any emotion; LK was not showing any emotion as usual, Eviscares was slightly surprised, and Aphamos's eyes betrayed his thoughts. "No Aph, just because you made the sound doesnt mean you get to be put on the line, you are more valuable to Raider's firstly, and secondly I wouldn't put a friends life on the line unless mine is just as bad if not worse." Rogueboy patted Aphamos shoulder fondly.

"Rogue I can't let you do this, I screwed up my life should be on the line not yours, it would be on my conscious." Aphamos said this in a soft voice to drive home the point.

Rogue whispered to Aphamos. "Listen we don't have time to argue, and I know you could order me to stand aside but I won't listen and instead would probably get us all killed, don't be so stubborn on this one. I have a good feeling about it." Rogue went up to Eviscares who lied back down where the ropes where and made it appear he was tied up, Rogue gave him one of his SH-9s. "Use it in good health, and in mine." Eviscares hid the pistol up his sleeve, making it so that in an instant he could pull it out and mow anyone down. The trap was set, Aphamos was positioned far left using his Mynock pistol, ready to kill anyone coming from the right side, he was completely camouflaged by the lack of light. LK meanwhile was armed with his Intimidator pistol and was camping out the right side opposing anyone coming from the left, the trap was set, there were many things that could go wrong and as the footsteps came closer Rogueboy thought to himself; what if they shoot first?

-----------------------

Eviscares
ComNet Member

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  354
Total Posts:  445
August 8, 2006 4:13:22 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
The footsteps grew louder and suddenly went silent as multiple persons entered the room. Slowly Eviscares turned his head and monitored the targets. It were only three, meaning that two were still running around here. As they saw Rogue one of them opened his mouth. They never found out what he was going to say because Aph opened fire and hit him multiple times in the unprotected face.

When the first red bolt crossed the room, Rogueboy rolled to the side to give Eviscares room to act. Without a problem Evis freed himself from the loose ropes, rolled to the side and let the cold steel drop into his hand. A feeling of immense satisfaction that only an upcoming kill could give him grew inside his mind. He lined up the sights with the head of the man to the left and pressed the trigger gently three times.

When he got to his feet he saw that LK had taken down the last of the aggressors. Not a single word had been spoken and if you didn't mention the three corpses and the blood stench. Aph mentioned them to come to his position and so the 4 soldiers huddled up.

Whispering Aph gave out new orders:"Evis, you said that there were at least five guys when you went down here, we got three here that means that we got at least 2 hostiles left down here. We must assume that they are aware of our presence by now. Still I want you to do this the quiet way. We will proceed along this corridor, Evis takes the front, then LK then me and you secure the rear. Understood?"

As a reply everybody nodded. Before they proceeded, Eviscares handed the pistol back to Roguboy with a nod of appreciation. Then the four raiders searched the corpses. With a wild grin on his face Evis pulled a Vibroblade out of the boot of one hostile and tucked it into his belt. Then he looked around the Room and decided to arm himself with that three feet long and two inch wide pipe. This weapon felt better in his hands than the pistol. Close combat was simply more honest, he thought.

Then they took on formation and started to go down the corridor clinging to the wall. At every corner they halted and listened, in the distance they heard voices who grew louder with each corner they turned.

-----------------------

Raiders

Iron Horse Squad forever in my heart!

TRP/CPL_Eviscares/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  401
August 8, 2006 10:17:24 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny watched as Garet told to Darr all that had been happening from the moment he was grabbed to now, she saw that the ricocheting lasers hit Freje , who was laid back on the wall near the exit way, her left arm and side injured, though not too badly, considering the shooters were very newbie.

"It's not bad, it could have been worse, but I was lucky to even get into medical school." Corin calmed Freje as Jenny went back to the past.

Corin wanted to be a medic in the Imperial Corps but he was turned down by his parents, who were killed along with Jenny and Freje's parents, an assassination plan to wipe out the politicians in the imperial order, stopping our most powerful weapon, politics, which made fear spread throughout the galaxy, creating total hegemonic domination. The scheme failed with the coming of Jenny, Corin, Melke, Freje, Leia and others who served for the cause of the Empire, Senator Cornek was dead along with the long list of assassins who participated in the assassination plot.

"I knew it! Hired guns! It's the damn mercs!" Leia yelled in frustration as she threw a wallet over. It contained some credits with nothing else but a contact card that read:

MC Inc.
Mr. Dakine Tarcin
Contact me in Euceron, our local bar.

Jenny pocketed the credits as she stared at the last sentence, they were written, with a hurried tone in it. She remembered Dakine had more than a bar; he had a kind of bar/restaurant/home club that was to hide its true operations, the hiring of ordinary people, who had almost no records in the imperial's databanks, willing to resist for a better tomorrow, a tomorrow they say, filled with peace and prosperity, like they won't get any resistance with that crap. It was a recruiting ground for rebels more like, with MC Inc., Mercenaries Incorporated, as also to obscure peeking imperials from seeing its true faction, black commandos.

Jenny then threw the wallet down in anger as Garet ordered in her comlink: "Jenny, get those four there some comlinks." Jenny tossed Melke her Army-issued comlink, which she bought in addition to her personal one, but wasn't sure what to do with the other three.

"I got it." Leia reassured as she showed her comlink and tossed Corin and Freje two others.
"You sure come prepared, what's your-----"Garet hesitated as Jenny took up the mantle and introduced her friends:

"This is Leia Tarkin, a girlfriend from Tatooine, she and her family moved her to escape the huge sand storm that was going to swarm the planet." She turned to her longtime brothers and sister. "Freje Altex, the only family I have left, my sister." She pointed to the blond twilek, who looked a lot like Jenny, except she had eyes of fire and a diamond ring on her left hand's middle finger. "Corin Mothant, Freje's finance, I just found out about the engagement, they're podracers, amazing ones too, their speeder vehicles just goes so fast." She indicated Corin, handsome and cool; his distinct feature was his tattoo of Freje on his right arm. "Last, but not least, my boyfriend, Melke Mothant, who works as a cryptographer in Imperial Intelligence, he's now the head of his team, right, Melke?" She directed Melke, who nodded, showing his attractive and striking features, a cross hanging around his neck. "His family's symbol, which is apparently deeply religious." She added, her stare never leaving Melke, who was now kissing her deeply, she returning the favor.

All of a sudden, Jenny and Melke broke apart as Zafo came on the line, he sounded urgent as he said:

"So, Jenny, you just got yourself into one of the tightest missions ever, with KnightWind, I see, who looks the same as Garet, shocked and speechless, well, don't blow this assignment, please. Oh we got Trix incoming, it seemed she's been worried about you, always loyal to your friends, brothers and sisters in arms, huh?" He was about to go off, but he suddenly asked Jenny: "I have some question, first, why did they kidnap you then run off? Who are this Ella and Dakine? What's with the backpacks? How could you fit a rifle in that----"

"First of all, Sergeant Zafo, judging by your voice," Jenny turned her gaze from Melke to Leia, who interrupted, sounding urgent as she started to explain," Leia Tarkin, pleasure to meet you, I heard about you from Jenny in my family's restaurant. The two merely caught us by chance and wanted to say hello before going off on their ploy, she's in the black commandos, as Jenny told it. It looks like merely a rancor won't kill Ella Tarcin, she's endured worse, she even survived the sand creatures, but that's a story for another time, I wish I could tell you about our adventures, sergeant, but time is limited. Just know she and Dakine is in on the assassination attempt and they're extremely dangerous, each individually wielding a blaster."

Apparently, Leia had come more than prepared for combat, she was ready. Jenny watched in awe as Leia revealed the last backpack, held in her right hand, hidden from view, but now it was revealed on the floor, E-11 rifle, additional DT-57 "Annihilator" Heavy Blaster Pistol, tear gas and frag grenades, and a PT-212 Vibroblade, shown right in front of Jenny and her family, Garet and KnightWind, also Zafo, Rizzit, the squad leaders who were invited in the top box, probably watching from a just turned on video transmission, a function that Leia would not miss, as their floating holograms looked mesmerized at the prepared weapons and equipment, it was as if Leia was ready for war or something.

Leia gave a bow as she said, calmly and intently: "This is prepared for more than a war, Ella and Dakine is only the beginning of companies disguising as innocent bystanders who want no quarrel with the imperials, merely mercenaries who are looking to be taken into service, but deep down is the black commandos, looking at the Euceron Games as a perfect chance for chaos to rise, right when Concetta has a chance for the Ruling Powers." A smile appeared on Concetta's face as she joined the holographic figures. "Hello, Concetta, obviously you've been very interested in the position, but I shouldn't delay. All I'll say is this, this backpack is called the survival pack, I didn't take out the actual survival pack, but this is the weapons portion, it's definitely not replicas, and they're all mostly transferred down from generations of my family, to now, we have too many almost, the family tree expanded because there was so many uncles and aunts, grandmas and granddaddys. I mean, reproduction in our family was 10 children per couple; at least, there were twins, triplets, and even quadruplets. We were so fit for the army, my ancestors spreading this tradition, now I'm a coalition leader, called The Pacific Order, we form groups to infiltrate the black commandos and understand everything about them. I wish I could say more, but time is of the essence." A hand was holded up, Rizzit, who had been listening closely to Darr's transmission and Zafo's, interrupted, pressing matters:

"I appreciate the works of your people, hoping to bring peace to this galaxy, now I'm dazzled by all this, it's hard to imagine someone as beautiful as you managed to come upon what is a family, Jenny being its, well, father figure. The more I understand about this, the more I hope things will clear. In time, the stories of Jenny and every one of her friends will be revealed and things shall be shed to light once again. You may go, and with quickness, bring to an end to this assassination attempt on Cosmic, success will bring much praise on you. Leia Tarkin, go with peace." And with that, the transmission ended.

The weapons put back in the backpack, Jenny took it with a knowing smile and look to Leia, who also returned the same. Garet waved them to the hallway where Ella and Dakine ran off and Jenny, her family, Leia, and KnightWind dashed off as they raced to catch the two evil-doers, on their way to the center of the stadium, where the fight above still endured.

OCC:I hope this won't change much, just a note, this whole process took about twenty minutes, after the fight of the three targets with Aphamo's team and Eviscares.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 9, 2006 6:57:21 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  916
Total Posts:  1338
August 8, 2006 12:58:53 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
*Before the Match*

Kairo was anxious. He wanted to get out there and fight already. All the contestants had been placed in a waiting room until the time for the match. A small man had given them their directions of how things were going to work. Apparently, it was going to be a little bit like a tournament style for today's matches. The officials had decided to break away from the rules slightly, just to make it more interesting and see if it would work. Teams of two would fight each other and the victors would go on to fight another round. The other interesting fact was that all the rounds for each tier in the tournament would be held at the same time, thus making it take a shorter amount of time. I wonder if that's going to go over well with the crowd. The only armor they were allowed to wear was some light padding if they so choose. Kairo had long since decided he was just going to wear a pair of dark tan pants, which were slightly padded in the knees, and a black shirt, which also had some under armor for his back and shoulders, along with a pair of black boots. He left his head unprotected.

Surveying the room, Kairo was starting to think a little better of his choice. Some of the other contestants were definitely wearing armor that didn't fit in the category of "Padding." He was also surprised by the variety of species. It appeared there was a Wookiee team, a Trandoshan team, a Bothan team, which surprised Kairo, a Devaronian team, a Draethos team, a true Euceronian team, a team that Kairo couldn't recognize because they were armored from head to toe, and his own team.

Leaning over to Cosmic, Kairo said, "Quite a turnout here, but who are they?" Kairo pointed toward the armored team.

"Can't you tell by their armor." Cosmic looked at Kairo. "Guess not. They're Ubese. The two teams to really look out for are the Draethos over there and the Ubese. Sure the Wookiee and Trandoshan teams have their added strength and speed, but that's not all that wins a match." Kairo nodded, knowing full well what Cosmic meant.

"Are they really going to let the Ubese keep their armor on?"

"The officials really have no choice. No one has ever really seen an Ubese that isn't wearing their armor. If they forced them to take it off, well let's just say it isn't going to happen." Cosmic finished, looking across the room as the little man entered again.

"It's time," he said, "Follow me." With that, he turned around and left the room. Standing up, Kairo grabbed the weapon he had been provided and followed the group of aliens out. Let's try not to die, shall we? Glancing again at the sheet on the wall, Kairo checked to see who he was fighting one last time. Bothans huh? Yeah, I'm not worrying about the first round.

*Match 1*

Placing his hand on the wall, Kairo followed the referee's instructions. "Player's read? BEGIN!" Pushing one foot back, Kairo pressed against the wall to give him a quicker boost of speed as he dashed across the ground, running neck and neck with Cosmic. The Bothans were also running toward them, but it became quite obvious the two teams were going to meet somewhere on the Bothan side of the field. Cosmic and Kairo had already decided it would be best to split the Bothans apart before the match began. Mind coalescing into his hunter fighting state, Kairo placed his pole in front of him to ward off one of the Bothan's blows as the two teams met.

Twisting his wrist when the two poles collided, Kairo spun his enemy's weapon away and continued the momentum to turn around and kick out at the Bothan. The kick wasn't really meant to hit the Bothan, but was more a tool for pushing him away from Cosmic and his opponent. Surprised when his foot glided by the Bothan's weapon, Kairo felt his right leg jar as it roughly slammed into the Bothan's chest. As the Bothan recovered from the impact, Kairo took the opportunity to spin his pole around the back of his body and land a hit to the side of the Bothan's body.

Instead of just taking the hit, the Bothan absorbed some of the impact by rolling to the side and away from Kairo. Getting to his feet, he brought his pole around into a defensive position and waited. Oh, so you're going to make me come to you. FINE! Running forward, Kairo brought his pole to his right hand and had it resting behind his back, horizontal with the ground. Just before he reached his opponent, Kairo swung the weapon up and around, bringing it slamming into the ground. Pushing off with his feet, Kairo flipped over the Bothan's head and spun his pole underneath to ward of any attacks the Bothan might make, if he had been a good fighter. Landing directly behind his enemy, Kairo gave the staff a twist and sent it plunging backwards into the Bothan's back. With a grunt, the Bothan collapsed forward.

Turning around, Kairo hoped he hadn't directly hit the Bothan's spine. Looking at the crumpled body, Kairo knew he had. "Oh well," Kairo whispered, but was drowned out by the announcer's voice saying, "And that ends the fight in arena two! It appears Cosmic will be moving on to the next round, along with Kairo." Along with Kairo? Sheesh, you would think Cosmic did all the work. Looking up into the stands, it was then that Kairo realized how much the audience didn't want Cosmic, or his team mate, to win.

As Kairo met Cosmic and walked to the outer area of the stadium area, he said, "That was way too easy."

"Yes it was. They gave us them for a reason. Even though the audience doesn't like us, having us reach the final round would make this a very interesting contest, so whoever is setting the rounds up is going to give us some one we should be able to defeat. At least until the final match, but I doubt he can do that from now on. Whoever made it through this round; they're going to be good." Leaning against the stadium wall, Kairo took a breather. There was only one last match to finish, and then the teams would be in the arena again.

*Match 2*

"And that's it! Our teams for round two are as follows. Cosmic's team will fight the Trandoshans." Cosmic's team? "And the Ubese will be fighting the Draethos. Hold onto your seats folks. This round is bound to get messier." Walking forward into arena one, Kairo was pumped. Even though the first match had gone spectacularly easy, it had still been a nice warm up. From across the enclosed area, Kairo saw the two tall, lizard like Trandoshans stalk into the arena.

"Uh, how do you want to do this one, Cos?" Kairo asked, placing his hand on the wall for the match to begin.

"Survive."

(OOC I have more, but I wanted to see if Cosmic wanted to join in too. )

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/GSG Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited August 8, 2006 1:03:55 PM)]
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  90
August 8, 2006 3:56:04 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos's hands were shaking violently again, as they had many times in the past.  They had started shaking from their last encounter with the enemy, when Aphamos had knocked down on of the soldiers.  He clenched his right fist in a desperate effort to ward away the shaking, but it still continued, not affected by the action at all.  Aphamos sighed to himself, giving up.  The shaking had calmed in the past, and at one point in time, had come to a total stop.  Ever since they arrived at Euceron, the shaking had come back to him, not giving him a moment of freedom.  The fear inside of him had gone now, due to the fact that he had finally confronted the enemy.  His body was numb, his senses to their peak.  He could hear everything in his area, he could not only see every movement, he could feel every single one. 

The sound of footsteps came from all directions; Aphamos's left, right, ahead of him, and behind him, all at the same time.  Where are you hiding?  Here?  He sharply turned to his right, aiming his blaster pistol at a crate.  Or here?  He turned to his left, pointing his weapon at a metal canister lying on the ground.  He chuckled to himself silently, looking forward again at his path.  They group came to a sudden halt, LK raising his right hand up.  Aphamos looked around quickly, sensing some movement around them.  He quickly turned around, Rogueboy tapping him on the shoulder.  Rogueboy pointed forward, towards the right, at a set of crates.  Aphamos nodded, aiming his blaster pistol at the crates.  He scanned that area, doubling back when he say what appeared to be a body part.  Aphamos slowly walked in that direction, only a few meters away from the crates.

He quickly moved to the side, aiming his weapon down and firing.  He heard a faint grunt as he leaped over the crate to see what he had hit.  A man was lying there, grasping his thigh, trying to keep quiet from the unbearable pain.  "APHAMOS, GET DOWN!" yelled LK.  Aphamos dove to the cold, metal ground, a mirage of blaster fire just barely missing his body.  He turned around, still under the protection of the crates, and hit the man in the neck, knocking him unconscious.  He slowly turned around again, peaking over the crate in front of him to see where the blaster bolts were coming from.  How the heck did they get that in here?  The man was behind an e-web, his fingers pressing hard on the triggers, shooting a constant rate of fire at the stormtroopers direction.  Aphamos turned around, trying to get a look at his allies' positions.

He looked over at LK, who was hiding behind one of the metal poles.  Aphamos closed his eyes, tying to think of a plan of attack.  He turned around, looking at the path that was created by the crates.  He created a trail in his mind, moving to the right.  Alright, here goes nothing.

-----------------------
Raiders

[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited August 9, 2006 7:32:26 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  422
August 9, 2006 12:15:15 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy saw Aphamos crouching behind a crate, blaster fire from the E-web was covering a tunnel. Probably leading towards the bomb, Rogue thought to himself as he silently cursed himself for not bringing any grenades. Rogue saw Aphamos crouching behind a crate down on one knee obviously analyzing the situation and thinking of solution with the bare minimal of casualties. Aphamos raised himself from a crouch to a squat. Oh shit he's going to run for it, I better try to provide cover fire. Rogue watched Aphamos, who had his hand on the crate and was ready to make a dash for it, Aphamos removed his hand from his crate and took a step forward starting his mad sprint, Rogue stuck half his body out from behind the crate and blindly opened fire at the E-web; a slug struck the wall above the gunner's head, another hitting the crate alongside him, a third hitting the E-web which set its aim astray for two seconds. Aphamos reached the crate which would if utilized properly, which no doubt Aphamos would do, would give him clear vantage over the gunman while providing adequate protection to Aphamos. Good he's safe. Rogue was about to hide his body behind the crate again until a shot from the E-web skinned his left leg, Rogueboy didn't even know he was shot until he toppled down because his leg didn't respond, all he felt was a slight pain in his leg, possibly from a pulled muscle, but when the smell of singed hair reached his nose he knew what happened. The adrenaline in Rogueboy's body slowed everything down, the pain was starting and it would spread, what felt like eternity but was less than a minute later LK was working on Rogueboy's leg, doing whatever he could to ease the pain.

Aphamos walked up to the down trooper and LK. "Could he walk?"

LK didn't take his eyes off the work he was doing. "Not properly, he could limp but that would slow us down and make noise." LK, pulled a syringe out of his pack and fumbled for a vial, taking the vial and syringe he loaded up a few milimetres of the liquid, and injected it into Rogue's leg. "This will freeze it for the next couple of hours, try not to move to much, there may be some residue radiation poisoning, it should be in a small enough dose to not create any major problems."

Rogue looked at Aphamos, who was staring intently at Rogueboy's face, Rogue nodded signaling he would be left behind. "Don't worry I won't be going anywhere, I'll make sure no one flanks around us." Rogueboy loaded another clip into his SH-9. Aphamos and the rest of the squad headed into the tunnel chasing after the bomb and whoever else was still in this hell. Rogue crawled over to where the tunnel started, setting his back against a crate he blinked, the blink took a long time to complete as his eyes were so heavy, finally they closed and didn't open, but light breathing sounds emitted from his body showing that he was asleep.

-----------------------

Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  92
August 9, 2006 7:55:13 AM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos nodded at Rogueboy, still staring at his leg.  That didn't have to happen.  It shouldn't have happened..  "Put him somewhere safe." whispered Aphamos.  He still didn't think that they were alone, that there were others in this area with them, watching them, waiting to strike.  Aphamos looked around quickly, a shiver being sent down his spine.  He shook his head, calming himself down.  This isn't a time for guessing, he thought to himself, closing his eyes.  He turned, looking deeper into the stadium underground.  "We don't have much time people.  We need to get this bomb and get out."  He waited until Rogueboy was put somewhere safe, LK and Eviscares gathering up in the center with him.  "Alright people, let's move."

"The bomb has to be close to us." said LK.  "Why else would they place an e-web in the middle of nowhere?"  Aphamos nodded, the trio walking towards the e-web.  Aphamos grimaced at the man he had killed, the corpse lying there silent on the ground.  One gone, thousands saved.  He walked around the crates that were protecting the weapon, trying to search for anything that might be some kind of explosive.

--------------------

"Hey guys," said Eviscares, "I think I found the bomb."  Aphamos spun to his left, seeing Eviscares huddled over a rather large object.  He sprinted over to that area, LK joining them as well.  Aphamos stared at the metal object; it was shaped like an oval, a smooth, rounded surface, Aphamos not being able to tell what color it was due to the lack of light in the area.  He brushed his hand over it, stopping when he felt something, a crevice in the center of the object.  He moved his hand over the imperfection again, finally deciding to press down on it.  What the heck?  As he had pressed down, the side of the object opened up with a click sound, Aphamos looking at both LK and Eviscares.  He looked back down at the object, moving his fingers in between the open space, looking back at his allies again.

"If we die," said Eviscares, "then it's your fault, not mine."  Aphamos hesitated for a moment, taking his fingers out of the open space.  What if that does trigger the bomb?  Then everyone would die; oh, what the heck, might as well try.  He quickly forced his fingers under the space again, pulling up hard.  The object opened up, revealing a small slip of paper in the middle.  He looked over at Eviscares again, whose eyes were closed, chanting something to himself.  Aphamos tapped him on the shoulder, Eviscares quickly opening his eyes to look at the box in front of the.  "Aren't we supposed to die now?"  Aphamos shook his head, LK reaching in and taking the paper inside.

"Great job," said LK, "you have found the fake.  You have about five more minutes before not only you, but everyone in that stadium dies.  Your time starts now."  Aphamos heard a ticking noise start from the box on the ground, taking the paper from LK.  Aphamos swore to himself, throwing the paper on the ground.  LK stood up quickly, already starting on his way back into the darkness.  Aphamos stood up, having no choice but to follow.

-----------------------
Raiders

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  424
August 9, 2006 2:30:55 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy was falling continuously falling, he was looking as the ground rushed up to meet him, he woke up for a few seconds and than fell back asleep. Another dream started in this one he just finished getting down a flight of stairs and there was a woman in his kitchen, and two children were seated; eating, the woman looked up a smile forming on her features. "Hey honey, I made breakfast for you and the kids." Rogue stared bewildered. What did she call me? What is going on? Who are these people in my house? Rogue took a seat next to one of the children, everyone's face was blurry and Rogue wasn't able to pick up any distinctive feature, the woman went behind Rogue and gave his shoulders a little rub and lowered her face and kissed his, a soft tender kiss. "The children are going to a krovatin match tonight, sweetheart, will you be back from work to take them?" Rogue nodded not understandingly. Krovatin! Shit, I'm supposed to be at the krovatin game with the army, but I don't want to leave. Rogue was surprised at the sentimentality of his voice, he wasn't a very touchy person but lately things have been changing, a little to rapidly for his taste, he kept his friends close mainly because there was no major reason for them to disappear, thinking about friends made him think about Aphamos, Aphamos was the first friend he made in the Raiders, even before he made ASL which Rogue thought couldnt of been give to a better person. The dream was slowly starting to fade out, no! I belong here, with my family, please don't disappear on me. The dream faded and Rogue woke up, tears were running down his eyes, he didn't want to come back. That might be my future, with two children and a wife I love, and who loves me, Rogue's pessimistic nature kicked in, who are you kidding? There's no such thing as the perfect life, the perfect children, or the perfect girl, even if you think she's perfect she will find a fault with you and leave. Right now Rogue hated life and all it's intricacies.

Rogue heard a noise coming from the room, bringing his SH-9 up he was prepared to die, maybe this way I could stay with my family? They aren't real, they are an illusion, and as of right now you are needed, you can't die now. Rogue slowed his breathing so that it won't give away his position, something scurried right up to the corpse of the man who was using the E-web, Just a damn mouse, Rogue lowered his pistol and watched as the mouse started gnawing on the man's exposed fingers, Rogue turned his head away, better him than me. Rogue tried to stand up but couldn't he fell back down exhausted from the effort, he let out a groan of resignation and resumed watching the tunnel making sure no one would surprise his fellow Raiders.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  413
August 10, 2006 10:03:36 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"Hey, wait up, it's me, Trix." Jenny turned around for a sec as she saw the figure of Trix call out not far from where the group was, waiting patiently as Leia used her hairpins to pick the lock of a recently locked-up door, used to block their way. As Trix came to a stop behind KnightWind, who was covering the group's back with Corin, Leia exclaimed:

"Ah-ha got it!" The lock clicked and the door was kicked open due to a shelf that had been conveniently placed to further block the door.

Garet started the sprint down to the stairs leading to the basement as Jenny was thinking about Leia's advanced lock picking skills. They were great that she could even picked her way through some of the most heavily, secured vaults owned by the black commandos to find information on them. As they came upon the the blockade on the stairs, Jenny's eyes turned to Garet as he remarked, displeased:

"They could have at least let us gone down the stairs. Someone get a grenade behind there." Jenny nodded to Garet as she took a grenade out from her pack, pulled the pin, and quickly insert it into a small hole in the blockade, yelling as she started to run:

"Get back!"

She had just made it to the previous hallway when from behind the grenade blow, sending all the various junk that had made up the blockade flying, one hitting Jenny in the head, knocking her unconscious.

It felt like a familiar territory to Jenny, having been knocked out several times during her various missions to kill the assassinators and end their killing spree, especially during those undercover missions, where it was part of the plan. A last resort plan, though, because the results could lead to death, the escape odds very small. There would be many guards outside the target's door and they'd be glad to shoot her dead, but having survived the night of her parents' death, she had already experienced "almost died", making her more alert to it than others.

The blackness passed soon and was replaced by a face she knew was familiar, Melke's. He said calmly, as Jenny stared around at the unfamiliar place, almost covered in darkness:

"Hey, baby, you're head's taken quite a knocking, you had us all scared. We're in the basement, I had to carry you here, Garet wanted a look down the tunnel over there," He pointed to a dark tunnel with dimming lights and continued, "He's worried Aphamo's team may have already walked into a trap, you've been out only a couple of minutes or so, come on, get your stuff ready."

Jenny slowly got up as she went and took out the "Annihilator" heavy blaster pistol from the backpack, putting it on the side of the pack; she also took out the vibroblade and holstered it in a big sheath hanging limply across from the sheath that held her vibrobayonet, she the place frag grenades in her utility belt pouches. She took up the annihilator blaster pistol once again as she loaded the blaster gun and cocking it. She took a last look at her leg to see the DL-54 holstered in a gun holster strap she always use in undercover missions, as long as it was a pistol not a rifle.

She zipped her pack, took it up when straightening her cool coat, the other people in her group were already prepared, Jenny, Garet and KnightWind holding pistols, when the rest held rifles. Garet took the lead as he whispered, orderly:

"Look, the two fugitives may be inside, I want total silence until we spot them, that means no call outs to them, we don't want them knowing we have the element of surprise. Let's go, Leia, KnightWind, on me. The rest of you are covering our backs."

They made their way through the tunnel, seeing three corpses laying in the middle of it worried them, but also noticing Rogueboy, at the far end, who looked like he was about to shoot them, stopped when he saw Garet. The introductions were brief, but they were friendly, time was of the limit though, and the rest of the story would have to wait.

"Your leg wound seems to be healing well, but you still can't walk. We should get going; Ella and Dakine are still probably around." Jenny heard Corin say, looking at the corpse by the E-Web. idiot, he had to set up crates behind the E-Web, the guy took a shot from the back side and died, hilarious. Jenny mused as she saw that the shot to the head was from the back of the head, where traces of the shot were still there.

Voices then came by from a nearby tunnel as Jenny distinctly heard the last voice, a stormtrooper's, luckily.

"Great job, you have found the fake.  You have about five more minutes before not only you, but everyone in that stadium dies.  Your time starts now."

"A fake bomb? They planted a fake? Well, I knew that would happen, I mean, Ella and Dakine are very smart people." Jenny nodded in agreement as KnightWind remarked and the group walked over to the the one who had spoken, quickly fading into the darkness. At that exact moment, a blaster pistol each raised upon the two stormtroopers, and Jenny watched in horror as she saw the remaining two people of Aphamo's team, one of them Aphamo himself.

"You have no idea, KnightWind, how smart they can be." Jenny was in surprise as Freje spoke up for the first time, training her rifle upon Ella, who not only had a blaster pistol raised at one of the stormtroopers, but had another, a kylan 3 heavy blaster pistol aimed at the group walking in. Dakine had the same, and was followed by mercs, who appeared to surround them from all sides, holding up their e-11 marksman rifles.

"So the gang's all here, ready to die for your cause, Leia?" Ella mused while laughing. Leia just took a cool stance and replied, smiling:

"This is so an ambush, I just had that feeling from the moment I came in, a damn ambush, well, Ella, I should say my congrats, but I have to stop you, again, and this time, no more escapes. For the Empire!" She yelled in rally as the group prepared to attack.

OCC: Try to read my last post to understand this one, and do your very best on this battle, because I don't want Ella killed on this one, but I do want a good battle overall, maybe I should write the battle. Well, I'll just wish you guys good luck, you'll need it.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 10, 2006 10:06:20 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  427
August 13, 2006 8:07:58 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"What's going on, Jenny, she really means it or what?" Garet asked quietly, looking confused at the Indian-like Leia.

"Leia's got a good idea. She's making it look like a charge, but it's actually a tactic we came up with for ambushes. It's called tear the enemy, named both for the sound distraction, which really tears a person's ears sometimes and because we throw tear gas at the surrounding enemy, who by the time figure out they're being tricked, we shoot them dead." Jenny answered knowingly because she knew full well what this tactic was, having used it on several of the assassinators in her missions in the past, But not Ella. Still, Jenny feared Ella knew about this maneuver as one of her ex-boyfriend was killed by it and the news would certainly have reached her ears.

"Well, alright, let's get going then, we mustn't waste time, I hope this tactic of hers works. I'll inform KnightWind and Trix of it, we'll hold our breath and shoot anyone who finds out about it earlier and decides to run. But Melke----"

At this point though, Melke was already upon them and had early knowledge since he participated on that mission who killed Ella's past lover, codename operation Cobra or as they like to refer to it as the-past-is-gone because it was for Ella's love life. He responded to Jenny's plan in total agreement:

"Freje and Corin already know, as soon as the smoke is up we'll kill all the mercenaries surrounding us. You and Leia just concentrate on freeing the two stormtrooper, one of them which is Aphamos. Garet, don't forget the blink is the signal." Garet nodded in accord to this fabulous plan, Melke finished, "OK, let's get this party on the road.

The cries got louder as Leia silently extracted a tear gas grenade from her back pocket, Jenny took that as a signal and took out two tear gas grenades from her utility belt receptacle and hid them in her left hand, which was left under the coat. She then clicked a little to mix up the cries a little, but really to let Melke know that she and Leia were ready. About 10 seconds later all was ready when the cries reached their highest and Jenny in turn pulled out the pins with her two fingers, threw a grenade to gas her left and one to gas Ella's position, seeing another tearing toward Dakine.

Ignoring the rapid rising gas around her, Jenny quickly ran her way to the two held stormtroopers, shooting at the wall behind Ella and Dakine to keep them pinned and confused shots flew at her but she managed to shrug them off, with Leia doing the same. They reached the two stormtrooper, only to find out Jenny herself was shot at the last instance on the left shoulder. While LK, that was the name of one of the hostages, who was actually a medic in fact, treated her, the same brief introductions that were made with Rogueboy.

"So, a lucky shot, huh? Looks like I'll have to be careful moving this arm." Jenny remarked, chuckling after she heard what LK said about her wound.

She quickly put a blast nearby, for at that moment, Dakine had a look of death in his eyes as he stood up and pulled the trigger, Aphamos, the other hostage and apparently the leader of the group down here, luckily noticed and pushed LK out of the way as he just finished patching up Jenny's wound.

When the smoke had all but disappeared and Jenny had gotten up again, it was to see KnightWind cheering as he shot the last dying enemy dead, he beared some blaster scars on his chest, as it looks like his medium armor wasn't brought for nothing, it absorbed most of his shots, bearing only scars. Corin had a blaster wound on his right arm; he was treating it and only complained because it messed up his good tattoo. Melke, still staring at Jenny in shock, for her eyes directed to his finger pointing at the one shot that hit him, stuck in the holy cross, he blessed himself for his luck, oh the irony, and the shot that would have killed him was saved by God.

Garet and Freje, an unusual pair came to Jenny with a bright look on their faces, Garet bearing a hand at his side, for it was hit. Freje, with that "near death" look as her face was shone by the dimming lights they were near, it was a face of scars.

"I could still kiss those cheeks, you know, even though they've been scarred." Jenny expressed her thoughts at the marks as she kissed both Freje's cheeks and hugged her while Garet congratulated:

"Wow, great job, Jenny, Leia's plan was so awesome, I loved it, by the way, where is Leia anyway." He added in question as Leia came into the light, having grabbed Ella and had a knife up her throat, plus give a sidekick to a groaning Dakine, who had a shot that just scathed his neck and he layed on the wall, muttering about a particular beating Leia gave.

"Nice job, Leia, you never cease to surprise me. So, Ella, where's the bomb? Tell us or I won't hesitate to give the order for Leia to slice your throat."

"Since you're not going to stop me, I might as well tell you, it's under the boxes where Rogueboy is, but you guys seemed too occupied by the fake one to see the obvious."

Leia ordered Jenny as she went to disarm the bomb: "cover them, don't let any of them overwhelm you."

As Jenny covered Dakine and Ella, LK got up and went to treat Aphamos' recent leg injury from Dakine, Corin came to help Garet look over his side with Melke following, staring at Ella with pity as he said:

"I hope this plan of yours fails miserably because Leia is great at disarming bombs."

"Well, we've got about two minutes, we'll see." Ella responded, staring at the indicator on her right arm.

As the time got to the last ticking seconds, Jenny couldn't help but glance at Leia, who looked like she was about to defuse the bomb.

"Just a second more, almost done." Leia muttered as suddenly in that one sec, Jenny was too late to observe that Dakine got up, an overwhelming force hit her and Jenny was out.

Without knowing how long, Jenny slowly was taken out of unconsciousness and stood up, with her stuff still on her.

"Damn, Jenny, you got to stop doing that on us." Garet commented as he told her:

"We've got to go, the bomb's neutralized. But our suspects seemed to have escaped; we'll never catch them with the injured. We're all okay, but Aphamos' and Rogueboy's leg wounds make them unable to walk. We'll have to slow-walk our way to the exit. Our mission is over, let's get back to Rizzit, he'll be worried.

OCC: that's done, enjoy.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2148
August 13, 2006 8:35:36 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: I'm locking the thread until I have time to properly write an ending for it. All these posts are just going to be throwing it off. Your SLs should have told you that the story is being abruptly ended any why. If they haven't, seek myself or another SL out.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:20:21 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 313  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >