Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Galactic Games on Euceron
Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  136
  RE: Galactic Games on Euceron
July 8, 2006 10:01:02 AM    View the profile of Trix 
"This is Trix. Yes?"
Trix cursed.
"I'll be there in a sec Darr."
"Jak, anything new?"
"Me? Trapped as a deer in front of a hunter. Can't you hurry up?"
"Some fool caused an riot in the stands. I'll be there in five, keep the silence golden."
"Whatever you said."

Trix spun on her heel and quickly jogged back to the stadiums. As she entered the stadium again she was met up with a blast of shouting and shrieks. Wasting no time, she wormed her way through the joining crowds, till she was at standing behind the authorities who were trying to hold back the rioters from entering the arena to get Corin.
"Someone, get the idiot out of the arena. Make sure he do not attempt to enter the arena again." ordered Rizzit sharply over the ComLink to the troopers.
Trix grabbed the first two troopers she managed to spot. Leon and Evis.
"Come on, lets get them out of here."
Just then she saw the familiar stature of a twilek. Jenny. They were circling a small group of people, protecting them against the raging crowd.
"Jenny, who are they!?!" she yelled to Jenny as she waded her through the sea of people.
"My boyfriend, and sister, she's Corin's boyfriend!"
Trix cursed again.
"Leon, Evis, get them out of here, if they male gives problems, take him together, I'll handle the female." she ordered. Evis gave a silent nod, while Leon grinned.
"Finally, some action." he muttered as they grabbed Melke by the shoulders. He didn't seem to put up much of a fight, and Leon let go of him to get Freje.
"Hey! What are you doing?" asked Jenny with her blaster in her hand. Trix grabbed the blaster from Jenny. More of the undercover troopers has arrived at that time, started with assisting at keeping the crowds at bay. Darr-Rann also just arrived.
"Where is Rizz and other?"
"Speaking with organizers, gonna try and save our cover from the public and stuff." he replied as Trix handed him Jenny's blaster. Trix turned to face Jenny again.
"Firstly, don't shoot anyone, it will worsen the riot.!" she tried to yell above the yells.
"Secondly, that idiot Corin and his friends leave the stadium. Imperials are not welcome in the games!" Trix shouted. Some cheers erupted from behind them as she spoke the last words. Jenny starred at her dumbfounded.
"But we..."
"Are not Imperials. Now back away, I'm throwing a grenade. Don't breathe it in" Trix fumbled with the small control on the instrument before she threw it in the midst of the riot. Jenny who expected an explosion squeezed her eyes shut. An strange odor suddenly circulated through the air. Within minutes the riot's rage decreased.
"What did you do?" asked Evis as he held his sleeve to his face.
"Sleeping gas." replied Trix slightly drowsy.
"Back to your seats people, we are disqualifying the Imperial from the Games, and getting rid of  him and his friends. One of the Head guards yelled to the people. Slowly the crowds dissipated back to their seats.
"Trix, I thought you left. "
"Darr called me back. I was the nearest to the riot despite being outside the arena."
"Right, perhaps its better to lock Corin up for the remainder of the day, some people  might still be out to get him." ordered Rizzit crisply.
"Right away Rizz." Trix replied as she stifled a yawn.

"I'll take the girl, Leon, get Corin, get him locked. Leon, lets get these two out of here Evis." As Leon handed Freje over Trix, she seemed to struggle, but Trix quickly got hold of her arms and hands behind her back and started pulling the fingers away from their bending position. Any sign of struggling stopped immediately.
As they got outside, Evis and Trix let go of them immediately.
"Stay out if you want to live. Evis, come with me. RK decided to play fool and went alone after some suspicious event. Jak is waiting for me at a spot." Trix muttered ignoring as Freje started cursing at them.
"Trix. I don't have all day to drink tea, get your ass here." Jakireth suddenly muttered over the ComLink.
"Coming, Evis decided to join in."
Trix was amazed at how much could happen in such a small time. The whole riot took place in fifteen minutes. Sighing, she stifled another yawn, and head to the spot Jak gave directions to.
"Sleepy?" asked Evis.
"Breathed some gas in. Just drowsy though." She yawned again.

-----------------------

PL:A/CPL Trix/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 8, 2006 10:07:26 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  287
Total Posts:  2089
July 8, 2006 2:55:58 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
PRIOR TO THE RIOT

Leon was holding the knife to Gigi's throat, using his other hand to hold his comlink. The man was scared, sweat pouring down his face.

"I...I...was sent from my boss to keep an eye on the games."

Leon hesitated, not expecting that answer.

"Whose your boss?"

"I can't tell you that, he'll kill me."

"If you don't tell me it will be a slow death."

"I work for Figard."

"What are you doing at the games?"

"Making sure no one makes an interuniversal disaster."

Leon was shocked at the answer thinking Gigi would be the one to make a disaster.

"Than our jobs are pretty much the same."

"Why are you here?"

Leon dug the knife in Gigi's throat drawing blood, but not deep enough to pierce his windpipe.

"I'll be asking the questions, I want to meet Figard."

"He's in the VIP rooms suite 38."

"Your coming with me."

With that Leon put his arm aroung Gigi, holding him close while holding the knife at his gut. They re-entered the arena and made their way to the VIP rooms. When they entered the Turbolift and pressed for suite 38. The gate opened Leon and Gigi walked in the opulent room that had its own bar, there were two men sitting on a couch, a third man was standing up, and a final man was sitting on a comfortable looking chair. One of the men glanced at the newcomers, he did a double take when he saw the knife and pulled out his blaster.

"Who are you?"

Leon smiled.

"Your new best friend, is Figard here?"

The man who was standing stepped forward.

"I'm Figard, what the hell do you want?"

"Speak to you in private."

Leon glanced at the other men each of them with a blaster in their hands.

"I trust these men with my lives, you on the other hand..."

"Well than, Gigi here..."

Gigi spoke up.

"My name isn't Gigi."

"You are what I say you are got it?"

Not waiting for answer Leon continued.

"As I was saying before Gigi! interrupted me, Gigi tells me you don't want anyone interrupting the games, I don't want anyone interrupting the games from a ...corporate standpoint. My friend and I have ran across a couple of commando looking men, you wouldn't know anything about them would you?"

"As a matter of fact I do, but I don't trust you enough, if you do me a favor I will tell you want I know."

"But what if the info you tell me isn't satisfactory?"

"You have no worries about that, it will be."

"Whats this favor?"

"I'am a well known man around these parts, and I have less than a few reputable businesses, one of them sells how should we call them...spices. I want you and your friend to watch over the deal."

Rogueboy stood on the catwalks, making sure no one tried anything on Cosmic and lived, Leon's voice came over the comlink.

"Rogueboy could you help me with something after the games?"

"Is it the killing something?"

"Not entirely, it's more babysitting."

"I hate kids."

"Babysitting a drug deal."

"Put me in coach, I'll meet you at gate four after the games."

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
CJ
ComNet Cadet

CJ

Post Number:  200
Total Posts:  240
July 8, 2006 6:04:14 PM    View the profile of CJ 
After then crowd had settled down and the speaker resumed, another outburst started only this time they broke through! CJ and Sam were walking back to their seats when they saw the people break through the police.

"Soldiers, contain it!" was the order from the comlink that buzzed to life.

"Good warm up, don't you think?" CJ asked as they both ran back to block the new riot

"This isn't a joking matter"

CJ and Sam soon clashed with the people, pushing them back as hard as they could. There was one guy that got passed CJ and he ran after him. After catching him he threw him into the flock of the crowd that was running up to him. They all stumbled and CJ and Sam went back to pushing them back. They were soon aided by Leon who was groaning at the new problem.

"Just my luck, I just cleaned up this mess!" said Leon, turning his head to the new trooper and then back.

"Yeah, and by the way, we have a last minute new recruit" replied Sam

"Don't talk, push!" muttered Leon

They were doing it, pushing the crowd behind the police, who were holding their own weight. But then, a human man wearing a black fine black shirt and long pants, ran up and crashed through the crowd until he got to Sam. Sam stood his ground but the man charged through him, knocking him out. Then he tried to make it out, although not going in any direction in particular.

"Get him, go for him!" CJ shouted as he pointed to the man

CJ and Leon were now trying to hold him back but for some reason he was too strong. Then he grabbed Leon, dragged him in front of himself and began to punch Leon in the stomach. He took the first blow but the rest winded him and did far worse. Before they could do anything, CJ and Sam were now taking hits from this one guy. Then Leon who was bleeding badly regained his strength to give a devastating blow to the man's legs just below the waist. The man yelped with pain and fell on the floor.

In the meantime, other troopers were holding back the crowd that had escaped, because of this one man.

"That's impossible! Who could have that much amount of strength!?" Sam asked as CJ gave the punch that knocked the man out

"No one, at least no one like him, he's the same size as us all and doesn't have much muscle on him" CJ replied

CJ gave Leon a medpack and gave him a small bacta tank to take back with him to his seat as CJ and Sam carried the man off.

"What are you, some sort of medic?" Leon asked CJ

"Kinda, I always carry them around" CJ answered

"Hmmmm. Well I wonder what cause the second riot" Leon said again

Sam picked up his comlink and began to talk "Rizzit? It's Sam here, we got a man, a very strong man here that we managed to knock out for a little while. He took down Leon although he is alright now. He was starting the second riot. I suspect he was on adrenaline boosters. Very rare yet not impossible to find. I figured you would want him for questioning"

"You figured right. This may seem a little forward but I need you and someone else to take him to the Palace and lock him in the basement, and see if you can take the drug out of him. I will deal with him when the events are over."

"Ok"

CJ and Sam began dragging the man out of the stadium while it resumed to normal shouting of booing and cheering. Then the speaker began, again.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/PFC CJ/3SQD/1PLT/1COM:/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Fear over Peace.
Anger over Honor.
Power over Justice.
Darkness over Light.
[This message has been edited by CJ (edited July 8, 2006 6:10:41 PM)]
[This message has been edited by CJ (edited July 8, 2006 6:16:30 PM)]
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  66
Total Posts:  209
July 8, 2006 10:52:00 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos felt a vibrating in his pocket as he reached down and touched his pants.  He had never been to a place like this; he had never had the feeling that was brewing deep inside of him.  His concentration was still on the ceremony, athletes from various planets from all across the galaxy were being introduced, one by one making their way across the stadium and into a line.  Some were given tremendous cheers and applause, some were greeted with loud boos, while some were unknown to the public, merely given a round of applause with the occasional scream from a wild fan.  Aphamos felt the vibrating stop, reaching in his pocket to see where it was coming from.  His hand brushed across his comlink, pulling it out to see what the problem was.  With that action, the thought hit him, slapping him across the face.  Oh shit.  The guys.  He snapped to attention finally, his eyes frantically searching the stadium for what looked like some type of disturbance.  He scanned the right side of the stadium, doubling back as he saw a small cluster of people moving away from each other and what seemed to be a few of his comrades.  Damn.  They are going to have my head for this.  He slowly whittled his way down his isle, knocking past all types of organisms, some cursing at him in their languages, some glaring at him.

He finally reached the steps, scouting out a path and running towards the stormtroopers, trying to be as casual as possible.  The crowd had now changed their attention from the riot back to the presentation before them, their cheers even louder now.  Aphamos reached the position of Sandwich Sam, Leon, and CJ, Sam and CJ of them grasping an unconscious man.  Looks like they found a new friend.  "Uh, guys....did I miss something?"  He looked over at Leon, who appeared as if he had just gotten out of a huge fight, his arm grasping the side of his stomach, random bruises filling his face.  Despite this, he still kept his posture, trying to shake off the pain.  Sam didn't look too good either, a bruise on his face as well.  CJ was fine and had obviously not taken much part in the fight.  Aphamos looked down at the man they were carrying.  From Aphamos's perspective, he wasn't too tall, yet he had an abnormally large frame.  His arms were monstrous as well, his muscles disproportionate in relation to the rest of his body.  What the heck is this guy on?  Aphamos braced himself as Sam threw the man at him, the wind being knocked out of his chest as he caught the man.  "Sure.  I'll take him."  Aphamos stifled a faint smile, trying to get rid of the awkward, accusing stare that Sam was giving him.  "So, where exactly do you want me to take sunshine?" Aphamos asked, gripping hard on the body so it wouldn't fall; at the same time, looking as casual as possible.

"To the Palace." replied Sam.  "CJ, you stay here and keep watch.  Make sure that nothing like this happens again."  The trooper nodded and stepped away from the men.  Aphamos looked around at the crowd, wandering eyes now meeting his present position.  Maybe if I could get him to do a dance or something.  He snickered at the thought, making his way through the crowd.  He glanced up at the booth, seeing his squad leader, Darr-Rann, staring down at him.  Aphamos squinted a bit, focusing his vision on the man above him.  He saw Darr-Rann wave at him, Aphamos nodding, knowing that he needed to remain calm and cool, not giving off any type of sign or signal.  He turned his head again, now facing the direction that he needed to go.  A man hesitantly lumbered up to Aphamos, the man pointing his finger at the body that lay in Aphamos's hands.  Aphamos smiled a fake smile, explaining to the man that his "friend" had a little too much to drink.  The man slowly nodded and started off into the other direction.  What a keen observer.  Aphamos and Sam finally exited the stadium, now making their way back to the Palace.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
CJ
ComNet Cadet

CJ

Post Number:  205
July 8, 2006 11:44:50 PM    View the profile of CJ 
[OOC: Aphamos there is no swearing allowed OOC]

CJ kept a keen eye on suspicious men wearing the exact uniform as the man that he and Sam had knocked out. Although he tried, he could not help but notice something was up. They never cheered or booed. They just looked around, giving signs across the stadium (which you would need binoculars to see) obviously to other men in their suits. CJ had reported it to Rizzit and was told to keep an eye on the closest ones.

It was not long before Aphamos and Sam had left with the man, two, of the few men scattered in the stadium, sat up and headed for the exit. CJ knew instantly they were going after Sam and Aphamos. CJ crept up to Darr-Rann who was close, got his attention, and pointed to the suspicious men in the suits and explained the story in a short sentence. He then asked him he could keep an eye on them and Darr agreed.

CJ moved silently, following the men out of the stadium. They looked like normal citizens, only in a formal suit. CJ followed them to the vehicle park and saw them get onto SWOOPS and speed off after a fading spec. CJ wasted no time, he jumped onto a SWOOP and hotwired it. I know it's stealing but I 'need' it now. CJ zoomed after the men, driving around buildings to keep out of sight.

CJ then drew his comlink as he drove and contacted Sam.

"Sam! Two men in the exact same suits as the man we caught are speeding after you! They're either tracing you to find out where our Palace is or just trying to get their man back! Don't let that happen!"

"Damn it! Well we can't try and loose them or they will know we are trying to do so."

"I know a place, it's abandoned. I saw it on my entry to the planet. It shoudn't be hard to get into. Lead them there, and once inside, you and Aphamos ambush them and I'll come from behind. Sending the coordinates now"

"Got it, we're heading there now"

CJ then noticed the men were out of sight. The talking to Sam distracted him. CJ still decided to head to the building stealthily, not risking the two men to see him. Just then CJ's SWOOP came to a complete stop and CJ was thrown about 10 metres away from it. "Arrgh" He said in pain as he lifted his head to see six men standing above him and four of the men getting on Swoops.

"Follow the two with Sarrns, they will lead you to their hideout. They're either Imperial or Rebel." Said one of the men before delivering a ghastly punch that knocked CJ out&

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/PFC CJ/3SQD/1PLT/1COM:/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Fear over Peace.
Anger over Honor.
Power over Justice.
Darkness over Light.
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  287
Total Posts:  1091
July 9, 2006 9:20:15 AM    View the profile of Leon 
The out of breath Leon took a seat in one of the chairs closest to him. When he sat down, a spectator walked up to him. "Excuse me sir, this is my seat," he said in a nice polite manner. Leon didn't even bother talking to him and got up out of his seat while giving a evil little smile, almost as if he were crazy. The man replied with a shock and confused look and then sat down. Leon laughed at the man, his expression was priceless, but the recent battle wound he had just received ached when ever he coughed or laughed, so it ended up cutting him short.

"I just hope someone pull's a gun out at that spice deal, I can't wait to blow someone's head off," Leon said, another wicked smile coming from his face. Leon had now changed his mind about one thing. This mission was no longer boring, but one hell of a ride. One day everything was fine, and now Leon had some battered ribs and bruises on his face, along with a fractured finger and a lot of cuts that were still fresh.

Alright, just take a deep breath, and calm down. Leon thought to himself, trying to clear his head and enjoy the ceremonies. Everything was beginning to quiet down a bit since the riot, but the loud pop's of fireworks filled the sky every once and a while. But it wasn't bad enough to make Leon jump. The pains in his ribs were throbbing a bit, but not as bad as before. His eyelids begun to grow heavy, and the feeling of sleep was overcoming him, but as soon as his eyelids closed, an image of a rebel with a slit throat and a stabbed eye flashed through his head, making Leon jump out of his seat and reach for one of his throwing knives.

Leon quickly pushed the image out of his head, trying to forget what he had just seen. Damnit why are you doing this to me?

That's a very good question isn't it, Leon." The crazed voice replied.

"All I wanna know is why your back, I shut you off a long time ago. What do you want now?"

"What do I want now? I want to
help you, that is all." The voice in Leon's head replied.

"How are you going to help me? Last time I let you out, you turned me into a god damned murder. What makes you think I'm going to do that again?" Leon replied, his voice getting louder by every second.

"Leon, listen to me, don't be foolish now. You know you still want revenge; your thirst for blood hasn't been quenched yet. I can quench that thirst, you know I can. And what about that red eyed man? You know you can't beat him without my help, but together, we can end his life and stop anything bad from happening here."

Leon took some time to think before answering. "But you have never cared for the Imperials, nor anyone else. You know you just want to see that man dye, I do to. But you could screw everything up for me; maybe even get me kicked out of the Army! And if that happens, I won't be able to get mom off that rock they call a planet."

"But not if we work together. Yes! I said it, if we work together, can you imagine how strong we would become? And if we work together, you won't become the blood thirsty murderer as last time. Well, maybe a little bit, but Leon. Just think of the possibilities."

Leon took a deep breath before answering, knowing what he was about to get himself into. But it would work and he had to do it. "Fine, but not now. You'll know when I need your help, just don't take total control. Let's do this."

Leon snapped out of his thoughts, coming back into reality. Things were going to start getting good from here on out. A surge of confidence shot through Leon, bringing him back to his normal cocky mood. Now I just gotta wait, and go with the flow...

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  744
Total Posts:  1587
July 9, 2006 9:54:22 AM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sighed. It was boring sitting up there, watching the others quell riots. He wanted some excitement, he wasn't the type of Squad Leader who sat around and watched as his troops followed his commands. I need to do something he thought.

"I'm going to take a walk." Darr-Rann said to Rizzit, walking out of the booth. He jabbed the elevator button, tapping his foot as he waited for the lift to reach him. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, I'm not selling this stuff for cheap you know. I want to see a few more zeros on the end of that check before I give you this stuff. Trust me, its top grade." The voice could barely be heard through a nearby door. Darr-Rann crept over to the door, listening in. "I got this stuff from Jad Cedann's weaponry houses, before the NR tore them down. This stuff works great. It takes about 48 hours to spread through the person's bloodstream, and then it starts to weaken them physically. It will eventually lead to death. Best of all, its medically invisible. Give this to your opponents in the games, and winning wont be a problem at all!"

Darr-Rann sighed. Bin, what the hell are you doing here? And what the hell are you selling now... He leaned against the door to be able to listen closer.

"WARNING! HEAT SIGNAL DETECTED THROUGH ENTRANCE! ENTERING CONTAINMENT/CAPTURE MODE!" A loud droid voice rang out through the doorway. The door opened up suddenly as Darr-Rann jumped back. But it was too late, and a stun bolt hit him clean in the chest.

"Looks like we had an eavesdropper. Ah, him... He'll be good to use for... Demonstrations...."

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)
SERGEANT
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  823
July 9, 2006 12:23:13 AM    View the profile of RK 
RK got up and walked over to the place he laid his comlink at hoping someone would try and talk to him.If i make it out of here alive, I think I'm going to ring my cousin's neck.RK picked up the comlink and tried to get a hold of Trix.
"Come in, Trix you there?" RK knew it was hopeless.
"Yeah, I'm here." Trix replied, "Stay there. We had a little problem over on this end."
"Alright, I'll hang tight."
RK hated to wait he was never patient, but atleast he knew that some one was coming. Joey was asleep in the corner of the cell.I could ring his neck right now if I had the chance. He knew he would never do that, but Joey was in trouble and well, RK was always the one to get him out of it.
"Hey, Joey I need to have a word or two with you." RK nudged Joey, waking him up.
"What now, Girl troubles?" Joey replied half awake and half asleep.
RK always hated the fact that Joey thought Ryan couldn't get a girl, but he just brushed it off.
"No, about that guard of yours, you had to know he was up to something."
"No I didn't." Something about Joey's voice didn't sound convincing.
"I will ask you once more, then it will get ugly." RK was furious, Joey was always good at making lies, but this time RK would make sure he told him everything, "What do you know?"
"Ryan, I swear if I knew something I would tell a Stormtrooper like you."
RK was shocked how did Joey know he never told him, it caught him off guard. Rizzit is going to kill me if he finds out my cousin knows.
RK walked up to Joey grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall.
"How the hell, did you know?" RK was even more furious, "And second your going to tell me everything you know."
"Alright, just put me down."
RK put him down, then Joey told him everything.
------Half hour later
"Now, I'm going to have to take you to the authorities." RK knew he was, but he figured he should let Rizzit handle it because if RK did, not one bone would be left of him.
"I'm sorry Ryan." Joey was scared now, "I should have told you earlier, but I figured with the situation I didn't want to end up dead."
RK was disappointed, but Joey made the wrong choice and he had to pay for it.
"Also, that pod I am going to use is that the one that they are supposed to look for and shoot down."
"No, It's the one that has the quad engines."
RK had to let Rizzit know before it was to late, but he was going to have to wait until he got out of this cell.
"Joey, once this is all over. Get off this planet." RK said, "Or else I will find you here and kill you."

-----------------------
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by RK (edited July 9, 2006 12:28:14 AM)]
CJ
ComNet Cadet

CJ

Post Number:  206
July 9, 2006 6:32:47 PM    View the profile of CJ 
[This message has been edited by CJ (edited July 9, 2006 6:56:34 PM)]
[This message has been edited by CJ (edited July 9, 2006 6:59:35 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  562
Total Posts:  765
July 9, 2006 7:28:09 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo was leaning on the back wall of the VIP booth. He watched with utter amazement as the opening spectacles unfolded. The magnificent colors of the fireworks display brought down some of the tension that had entered his mind upon landing. So far, the voyage had been filled with plenty of close calls, and the games were only just beginning.

A great feeling of detachment fell upon Zafo as he picked up communications from the Dragoons joining with the security forces in subduing various small riots. He was still very new to this whole Squad Leader thing. Just a couple of weeks ago he would have been down in the stands alongside his squad mates, discretely aiding the police forces. The sweat and stench would be a reality and not just speculation.

Zafo's gaze shifted to Darr-Rann, a fellow squad leader as he made his way to the exit of the booth. He too must've been feeling the same sort of detached feeling that had enveloped Zafo. There was plenty of temptation to trot along with Darr, but Zafo's sense knew better.

"I've got greater responsibilities now..."

And it was true. He longer lead the care-free, order following career he had enjoyed his first couple of years in the empire. Now he actually held a rank and position of respect and importance as a result of those years of care-free, yet hard work.

"Besides, after that close call with Garet and those...things, I think it's for the greater good if I stay."

Just as the thought ran through his head, the former Dragoon took a place on the wall beside Zafo.

"Quite the spectacle, isn't it?" Garet asked, a peaceful expression flowing over his face, which was surprising considering the attack.

"Tell me about it...I haven't seen something like this in too long." Zafo replied, the bright flash of red light illuminating the box.

"You doing okay?"

"Yeah..."Garet replied, "It was just a bit of a shock, that's all."

"I can imagine."

"So..." Garet began, changing the tone of the conversation. "You planning on entering any events?" Curiosity filled his eyes.

A huge smile spread across Zafo's face. Garet already knew the answer to that question;

"We'll just have to wait and see."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons *
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  294
July 10, 2006 9:35:35 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 

The crowds started shuffling out, the opening ceremony just finished, and as of yet Rogueboy didn't need to kill anyone. What a damn shame Rogue thought to himself as he began dismantling his rifle, taking extra care not to damage the scope, closing the case Rogueboy picked up his comlink. "I'm coming down." Leon's voice came over the comlink. "Roger that, I'm at gate four waiting for you."

Rogueboy began the descent down, mindful of his still stiff leg, this is annoying Rogue thought as he was only able to fully use one hand and one leg, as the other hand was carrying the briefcase. Rogueboy's feet touched down on the cool metallic, relieved that nothing eventful happened on his climb he proceeded towards gate four.

Where is that hairy bastard? Leon thought to himself as he stood by himself watching the traffic of citizens walk pass the gate. Just than Leon spotted a man wearing a suit in a bad need of a shave heading towards his direction. "Rogueboy you ready?" Rogue grinned. "I'm always ready for blowing some heads off." Leon left with Rogueboy in tow heading towards the meeting spot.

When they arrived at a dimly lit alley behind a couple of buildings, there they met their contact, a shady Twi'lek who greeted them. "Your the two men Figard sent?" Leon did the speaking. "Yes, your name is Tol Ven?" The Twi'lek nodded. "You guys are a little early for the meeting." Leon and Rogueboy grinned but Leon was the one to speak. "We like to show up early and make sure we're ready." Leon looks at Rogue who nods, and walks towards a nearby dumpster climbing in top of it Rogueboy raised himself and put his feet first through the vent and backing himself in it until he was emerged in inky blackness.

Leon in the meantime lied down and pulled some garbage over himself concealing himself from view, within seconds the only thing that remained was a man, a crate, a dumpster, and a pile of garbage. After a short while when both Rogue and Leon were starting to get uncomfortable two men showed up walking side by side, they approached Tol Ven and exchanged some words, both men were dressed in black loose fitting clothes. One of the men pulled out a blaster and shot Tol in the chest blowing him back. Rogueboy removed the man's brain from his head, three more men ran in the alley and looking around bewildered, wondering where the shot came from, Rogueboy fired another shot killing another goon, unfortunately they saw the slight flame of the barrel as it was shot and began opening fire at the vent. Leon used that moment to spring his trap.

"Are you alone?" The man said to Tol, Leon was closer and able to hear the whole conversation. "Yes but you obviously aren't." Came Tol's cold reply. "Do you really think I could kill you and carry that crate by myself?" A blaster shot rang out and Tol Ven fell down dead, just than a shot fired out and blew the first man's brains out. Just than three more men came running out, four men were standing wondering where the shot came from until a second one removed another brain, this one painting the cement and Leon's new shirt. The red mist descended on Leon's eyes and he jumped out of his hiding spot, running to one of the gunmen and slashing his jugular, the man alongside the gargling one turned and received a knife a knife wound in his chest, as he fell Leon smashed down on his head with his steel-toed dress shoes, crushing the mans skull.The final man turns around and was about to open fire until Leon throws a knife catching him in the eye, and a whole appears in his chest where is heart used to be.

Rogueboy climbed down from the vent, with some minor scrapes and bruises, as soon as he saw Leon, he began to laugh hysterically at the mess on Leon. Leon was covered in blood and brain matter. "Don't you say a bloody damn thing." Leon growled to Rogueboy which only made him laugh harder. When the laughter subsided Rogueboy called up Figard. "Yeah your boy is dead, there were five of them - all dead, we have the dope, and we're checking the bodies for the money...Nope not a damn Imperial Credit, your going to send someone to pick us up? Good stuff, tell your men to bring a change of clothes; size thirty-two and five foot eight. Alright we'll go with your men to meet you."

-----------------------

Jakireth
ComNet Veteran

Jakireth

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1160
Total Posts:  1356
July 11, 2006 2:55:47 PM    View the profile of Jakireth 
Wandering about one of several corridors that connected the athletic facilities vast network of passages, Jakireth tapped his ComLink lightly; silently attacking the switch that was queued into Trix and her device.

The voice that finally arrived through the small earpiece he was wearing was agitated.

"Jak, has anyone ever told you how much of a pain you are?"

The Sergeant snickered, being careful to not attract attention to his person in such a deserted area of the complex. Nearly the entire population of spectators at the Games were still enjoying the opening ceremony in Stadium one. It was only by surfacing boredom did he venture out to check the following building.

"I only feel the need to be annoying when those who have committed to meeting someone at a certain place and certain time...don't."

"Yes, well...I was busy."

Jakireth sighed to himself, tilting his head to the ceiling.

"You can fill me in later, I wanna go see what trouble Ryan got into before I actually complete what I planned originally."

"Alright," Trix replied, laughing, "Sounds like a plan."

"Right now...you want to tell me where you are?"

The laughing stopped abrubtly, followed by the distinct default 'beep' of the Link after a connection is terminated. He tried dialing in again, but nothing happened.

"Trix?" He called into his communications platform, trying to get a response.

Sweet... He thought to himself, Now our technology is malfunctioning...

At the point when he ripped the concealed piece from his ear and raised it to be slammed into the floor, a hand pressed on his shoulder.

"Problem?" Trix asked.

"No..." Jakireth mumbled to himself, replacing his equipment, "It's just going to be a very, very long night."

"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, sir, the young man was just sneaking around in places he shouldn't." The gruff and impatient voice of the uniformed security officer boomed through the duracrete holding area.

"No problem, my friend, our little brother is always jumping about where he doesn't need to. For that, I apologize." Jakireth explained, grinning slightly after catching looks from both Trix and Ryan.

Well, He noted, How do they expect me to get him out of this situation without blowing our carefully placed cover without doing some lying? It was impossible.

The security officer nodded stiffly, unlocking the cell with a swipe of his ID card. RK stumbled out, suddenly caught in Jakireth's firm grasp around his neck. He made sure to make the action look playful, but he was definitely angry.

"Explanation?" Trix asked, as soon as they were away from the guard's earshot.

"I ran after my cousin," RK muttered, "I was trying to prevent him from getting into the trouble I found myself in."

"Funny how that works, isn't it?" Jakireth added, smiling, "Right now, I want you back with your squad, immediately. Trix and I are going exploring."

-----------------------
NightStalkers
Army of the Vast Empire
------------------------
ASL/SGT Jakireth/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]
Rep/Reporter Jakireth/NewsRep: 2/News Division/VET/VE
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  292
July 12, 2006 1:47:47 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon stared at the blood soaked Dura-Creet, it was a complete mess. "Damn Rogue, I think we got carried away." Leon said, letting an evil grin slip across his face.

"Tell me about it, oh and by the way Leon, you have a bit of blood on your face."

"Damnit, just great and do me a favor Rogue, next time your covering me, try not to get any blood on me," Leon replied, wiping the blood off of his face. "Hey, but at least we had some fun, right?"

"Oh yea, lots of fun," Rogueboy replied, a flash of white teeth beneath his hairy beard suddenly appearing in the form of a smile.

Leon turned his head to the ground, a sudden change occurring inside of him. Wow, I haven't felt this good in a long time. The feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction spread throughout Leon, making him feel warm on the inside. The sound of an approaching land speeder snapped Leon from his thoughts. It was a Zisparanza Luxury Speeder, in a slick black color giving off a shine to the luxury speeder.

Eight men that were dressed in Shadow Suits hopped out of the car carrying an assortment of tools, and some kind of container that held a liquid in it. Rogueboy's rifle came up, but Leon quickly pushed it down. "Don't worry, there cleaners," Leon said calmly. Four men walked up to Leon and Rogueboy, they were all tall, and had a major build, there faces hidden behind the black masks.

"Come with us, but your going have to wear this," One man said stepping out from the middle of the group, holding a blindfold.

"Why?" Leon asked, while reaching down to where one of his knives was. 

"Safety precautions, I'm sorry but you have to," The man said and then tossed the blindfolds to Leon and Rogueboy.

"Alright fine, but no funny business, I don't want to do to you what I did to these men," Leon said, pointing at the bloody mess on the ground. "Oh and what about my clothes, you guys can't expect me to see your boss looking like this," Leon said with a sly grin.

"Go fetch him his clothes," The man in the middle ordered strictly.

Five minutes later.

Rogueboy and Leon were sitting in the back of the speeder, making light conversation with the guards. "So, how long you been working here?" Leon asked in a nice polite tone.
The guard stayed quiet, not responding. "You still here buddy?" Leon asked again with Rogueboy laughing in the background. A couple minutes later, Leon and Rogueboy were free of there blindfolds, and inside a room. The only thing that the room had in it was a long table in the middle of it, and a couple of chairs.

Figard was sitting at the head of the table. He was a fat bald man, around 5'5 and nothing special about him. He was wearing a very nice looking suit, an expensive suit. "So, now that I know I can trust you two, we can get down to business. Tomorrow, at the stadium where the blaster event is being held, one of my men will deliver a Holo-Vid telling you all the info you need."

Figard was shortly cut off by Leon. "How do we know you will bring the info? You could be lying right now, and this could have all been for nothing."

"I never lie, trust me you'll get what you need tomorrow. One of my men will be waiting for you at gate 1, and he'll give you the package. I want nothing to do with you after this, nice doing business with you," The man said, motioning for one of the guards to take them out of the room.

"You better not lie Figard, because if you do, we'll hunt you and all of your men down," Rogueboy added before leaving the room.

Ten minutes later

Leon and Rogueboy were once again at the gates of the stadium. The opening ceremony was over, and everyone was heading back to there homes. "Rizzit, were done with our business, what do you want us to do now?" Leon said over the COM link.

"Head back to the Palace and get some rest, I'll brief everyone tomorrow before the games, have a good night Leon."

"You to Rizzit, cya tomorrow."

Twenty minutes later.

Leon was inside of his room again, patching up the new wounds that he had just received. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
And so we go.
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  39
Total Posts:  121
July 12, 2006 7:21:50 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
LK-486 was still in the stadium. He felt it was his duty as a soldier to be the last one to leave. He watched all the faceless people leave the stadium, keeping an eye out for Ezjarl. LK-486 was immune to boredom; otherwise he would have left with some of his squadmates earlier. His eyes surveyed the motley crowd, sweeping back and forth.

Then they were suddenly gone. LK-486 was one of the last stragglers in the stadium. He gave a mental shrug, and strode out the main doorway.

He glanced up at the night sky. It had certainly been a long day. The stars shown down in unfamiliar constellations. He was very far away from his home on Naboo. He had gone back to his home in Moenia once, but had been met with such violence that he had left once more. That had been many years ago, during the height of the Galactic Empire.

This city was not like Moenia. Moenia was a backwater swamp town. This was a bustling city, chock full of life. On Naboo, the night had a thick, soup-like quality to it. Here, the night was not dark. The bright street lights, commercial signs, and traffic took care of that.

LK-486 walked along a sidewalk. He was just a block or two away from the palace. His body was tired, and he knew he needed sleep so he could be a good soldier in the morning. He glanced around, still looking for Ezjarl. The man was a phantom, here one second and gone the next. He was no doubt being sheltered by the criminal elements on Euceron. LK-486 hoped he hadn't left the planet. If he had, LK-486 might not see him for yet another ten years.

LK-486 thought to ten years in the future. He would be approaching forty, providing he lived that long&

Suddenly, he bumped into a man. He had been looking at the pavement, and not ahead of him. He looked up. At eye level, he was looking into the vicious brown eyes and grin of Ezjarl Eldarkze.

"Hello, brother." Ezjarl said, grinning. "Pleasure to see you again."

LK-486 could not reach his blaster. Not while he was literally nose to nose with the scum.

LK-486 did not speak. He spewed one word after the other, in perfect monotone. "You are not my brother. That life is gone."

Ezjarl's face fell mockingly. "Not my brother, eh? Well, family first." He sang. LK-486 felt the tip of a shank at his chest. Ezjarl was grinning again. "One plunge, and you're stuck!" He chattered.

LK-486 felt no fear. "Begone." He stated simply.

Ezjarl frowned angrily, and stowed his knife. He backed up a few steps. "You can't stop it, Ezrain. It's only a matter of time before Krovatin. I've already won." And in one instant, Ezjarl was gone. He had blended into the city.

LK-486's face showed no change. He kept walking.

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  242
July 13, 2006 3:51:58 PM    View the profile of daminga 
All day long Daminga had watched riots being stopped and fights being put down.  He would've gone to help but it seemed whenever he able to start over to help the riot would be put down and calm would return somewhat.  Then another one would start at the opposite end of the stadium. 

How am I suppose to help when I can't get away without being viewed as strange? 

The section he was seated in was fairly quiet, except for a few hotheads.  But even they seemed to know that they couldn't start anything here.

Too many rich people who don't want to get their clothes dirty, smiled Daminga.

As the ceremony ended, Daminga followed the crowd out the gates but at a slower pace.  If there was another outburst from the crowd he was determined to be ready for it.  Unfortunately there wasn't and he had noticed some of his comrades leaving the stadium also.  As he approached the gates he saw the newest member of the squad looking over the crowds.

"Heya," Daminga greeted LK in a low whisper as to not attract attention.  Maybe too low.  LK didn't even give him a glance. 

Probably just still in character,  thought Daminga.  Might as well head home and see what's next.  Wonder if we'll have to do night sentry?  Sure could use a good night's sleep.

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited July 13, 2006 3:53:32 PM)]
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  70
Total Posts:  209
July 14, 2006 5:04:12 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos sighed to himself as he took the man's body from Sam; they were switching the body from one to the next ever so often.  They had been walking for quite a while now, carrying the man's body.  He was decreasing in size and weight, the performance enhancers that he had taken slowly wearing off.  Aphamos situated the man's body on his shoulders as the man's arm fell, hitting Aphamos's face.  Bah.  Dammit.  Aphamos took the arm, throwing it back so that it was now on the unconscious man's back.  Now isn't that better, Joe?  Aphamos looked around at the area surrounding him.  They were in some kind of large alleyway that was, according to Sam, the correct way to the palace.  Just can't wait until a wookie walks out of one of these corners.  Aphamos smiled at the thought, directing his attention back to his path.  The alleyway was barraged, all sorts of trash littering the area, making it by far the dirtiest place Aphamos had seen so far in Euceron.  He looked over at Sam, who was also looking around as well, his face questioning the decision he had made in terms of route.

"Are you positive that we are going the right way?" asked Aphamos.  Sam slowed down for a moment, still looking around.  After a few seconds, he slowly nodded, his answer very unsure and hesitant.  "Suit yourself."  CJ better be right about this whole "chase" thing.  Aphamos stared forward again, over a period of time noticing that it was getting darker and darker, the sun starting to set, stripping them of the thing they needed most at that time.  Light.  Aphamos swore to himself as he continued on his way to the palace, Sam trailing beside him.  The man's arm fell again, Aphamos having to toss it back up a second time.  He came to an abrupt halt, feeling something on his back.  Is this guy awake? he thought to himself as he shook his head and started walking again.  Moments later, he felt it again, some sort of movement from the body that he was carrying.  He shook his head a second time and concentrating on getting where he needed to be.  The movement happened a third time now, Aphamos finally losing his patience.  "Here, you take the damn thing."  Sam nodded, taking the body from Aphamos.

Just as Aphamos let go of the body, the man snapped, springing from his slumber.  This could get ugly.  "What the...who the hell are you guys?!?" the man yelled.  "Where am I?"  Aphamos and Sam looked at each other, then back at the man.  Aphamos slowly walked behind the raging man, the figure not noticing at all.  Joe started off, Sam quickly catching him and throwing him back.  Sam finally restrained him, Aphamos casually walking up behind the man.  Aphamos raised his arm and quickly came down, the side of his hand striking Joe's neck.  The man stopped moving, staring there in the distance, the at last falling over.  Sam looked up at Aphamos as he shrugged, picking the body up again.  After a few seconds, they took off, sun slowly losing its grasp, giving away to the night.  Aphamos closed his eyes, looking for something.  A faint sound could be heard-the sound of swoops.  Aphamos looked over to Sam, who had heard the sound as well.  Looks like Joe here has some friends that would like him back.

"Here." said Sam, turning to the left and waling into a much smaller, much dirtier alleyway.  There was a gate at the end of it, the entire thing spanning no more than eight yards.  Various crates and boxes were scattered across its contents, a creaking sound resonating from its depths.  "We stay here until the swoops pass, then we get to the castle."  Aphamos swallowed, then nodded, his throat dry.  "Well, pick a box."  Aphamos made his way towards one of the boxes, throwing Joe in the one next to his.  He stepped into the box, placing the lid over himself as the darkness slowly shrouded his vision.  The swoops were now in range, and from what Aphamos could hear, they were slowing down.  Oh, this is great.  He started to hear voices now, the swoops turning off.  The sound of footsteps took over now as Aphamos moved the lid of his box so that he could see.  There were two men, both of them standing next to their vehicles, looking on into the alleyway for something.

"He has got to be here." one of them said.  "This is where his tracker leads us."  The other man nodded.  They both started their way down the alley, treading cautiously.  Aphamos pulled out his blaster, setting it to stun.  As he  changed the settings, a loud click sound emerged from his blaster.  He stopped, the men, spinning in his direction.  "Did you hear something?"  Aphamos slowly aimed his blaster at the man to the right as he slowly came forward.  He pulled the trigger, a bolt of red light shooting out and hitting the man in the head, the man falling to the ground with a loud thump.  Moments later, the man to the left was down as well, Aphamos firing before the man could react.  He stepped out of the crate, Sam doing the same and taking Joe out as well.  Aphamos walked over to the two unconscious men on the ground, picking both of them up and walking towards the swoops.  He reached the nearest swoop, throwing the two bodies onto it.  He took a seat, turning the vehicle on as it hummed to life.

-------Ten Minutes Later-------

Aphamos slowly made his way back to his room, already having dropped off the three men to the basement.  It's been a long day.  Can't wait 'till tomorrow.  Aphamos walked up the staircase, yawning to himself.  Night had taken the city of Eusebus over now, most of the stormtroopers already in their rooms by now.  Aphamos turned the corner, seeing his room to his right.  Entering the code, he walked into the room seeing LK in his normal position on the chair, staring at the wall behind him.  "What's up?  Your day been as interesting as mine." asked Aphamos, throwing himself on the couch beside LK.  LK had a serious look on his face, this not being much of a shocker to Aphamos.  LK was always like this, so deep into his work; the ideal stormtrooper.

"I saw Ezjarl again." he added, his voice robotic.

"And how did that go?" asked Aphamos.

"He's going to blow up Krovatin."

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited July 14, 2006 5:05:04 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  311
July 14, 2006 6:28:47 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy and Leon arrived back at the palace. "Goodnight Leon, see you in the morning." Leon nodded and responded in kind. Rogueboy headed towards the room set aside for the Raiders. I can use a night of good sleep, especially after such a stressful day.Rogue thought to himself as he reflected on how many people he almost killed at the games, for various reasons; rioters, explosive noises, and looking threatening. Rogueboy reached for the terminal to open the door to the Raiders bedroom when a hand tapped him on the shoulder, Rogueboy looked off the reflection of the wall and saw Darr's face he turned slowly. Darr was grinning that evil grin of his. "Going somewhere?" Rogueboy sighed; he knew what was coming up. "Hoping to get to bed, but I assume there are other plans?" Darr's grin widened. "Always, your on sentry duty until three, when your done, wake up LK-486 he has the shift until eight. We chose two people from each squad for tonight. Oh and before I forget your watching the gardens with whoever Jester chose from their squad." With that Darr walked to the officers room. Damn that man Rogue thought to himself as he went into his room to get a bigger gun.
Rogue walked into the hall which separated the ten rooms, even though a few of them were not used. Rogueboy walked down the hall, which was a brilliant white marble, with lights hanging outside the door to each room. Rogueboy reached his room which was midway down the hallway, taking out his datapad; Rogue connected it to the scomplink and uploaded the password. The door opened revealing a decorated room, two white plush chairs were facing a holvid, a white queen size bed facing towards the holovid as well, and in the corner a deluxe bathroom equipped with everything a guest could want. Rogueboy went the bed and pushed it out of its place, reaching behind it he reached the vent, ripping it out of the wall he stuck his hand in and pulled out a black box, Rogue opened his weapon box and pulled out his stormtrooper two carbine. Let's watch those plants grow Rogueboy thought to himself in a sad note.

OOC: Waiting for following morning, wanted to get another post before activity report

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited July 14, 2006 6:29:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited July 14, 2006 6:59:16 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2128
Total Posts:  2943
July 14, 2006 10:13:15 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The sun began to rise on Euceron. Light crept over the darkness on the ground, and slowly up the buildings. Eventually the only darkness on the planet was shadow. With the events officially starting today, the noise of the streets below woke everyone up early. In a day's time, people had been doing everything from supervising a drug deal to chasing down annoymous tips. Rizzit held a short briefing in the suite just to keep everyone informed. The Blaster Skills Event would be held shortly in Stadium Two so there was no time to spare. Food was brought upto them for the briefing so they could leave immediately.

"Good morning everyone. I'm glad to see that we're all dressed so well this time. We look propper, but not suspicious. We got a big day ahead of us today. Let's hope we can get through this. In a few hours we have the Blaster Skills Event in Stadium 2. I asked the Ruling Power send a team to investigate the stadium in advance as well as the other stadiums that will be used today."

"ooohs" and "aaahs" could be heard in the room along with some moaning and groaning. Apparently not everyone was aware there would be more than one event per day. Today in fact there was going to be a total of three events.

"So once the event is done at Stadium Two, we are going to head for lunch. You may eat at Stadium Three, in fact I highly recommend it. If you don't eat there, make it quick wherever you eat. Regaurdless of where you eat, proceed immediately to the third stadium for Krovatin. After that we get a couple hours to do nothing. Enjoy the break, you're going to need it. At nightfall Stadium Four will hold the Projectile Skills Competition."

"Rizz?" Typex asked.

"How do the games committee expect your average citizen to pay for all these tickets." Rizzit said, directing his attention towards Typex.

"Normally, people only attend two or three events. Some only attend one. VERY few people attend them all."

Rizzit directed his attention back to the group. "As I was saying, we got a busy day ahead of us. Now, I am aware that some of you are competing today. Don't forget that although you are competing in the event, you are also there undercover. Keep the other contestants safe, especially Cosmic. I don't want any harm coming to our Commander of Training as I'm sure  you do. Those who aren't undercover, I want you in the stadium as spectators. Your tickets are up on the table, we're spread throughout the stadiums again. For the most part, we're in the first-class sections. Squad Leaders and above, we'll be in the VIP Box again. Typex, try not to give yourself away today. We're lucky you didn't get yourself killed yesterday! I have your tickets on the table for today in envelopes on the table. Pick yours up on the way out, and meet up at Stadium Two. Good luck!"

***Two Hours Later***

Getting seated in Stadium Two was a lot easier than it was for the Opening Ceremonies. Rizzit was seated within an hour. The Ruling Power was there ahead of time as usual. This time however, Rizzit was first of his fellow officers to arrive. He was greeted by the Ruling Power this time as a well-known friend, rather than a total stranger that they were meeting for the first time. Not too long after Rizzit was seated, the rest of his officers joined him in the box. Less than an hour later the entire stadium had been seated. Fireworks had gone up to signal the start of the event. Jaden Derring began to address the crowd.

"Good Morning Euceron! Welcome to the first official event of the Galactic Games! This morning we are going to be seeing blaster bolts flying all around in the Blaster Skills Event. As you know, I am the timekeeper Jaden Derring, and Judging the event is Cyrus Neddas"

The crowd exploded with different variations of cheers. Some simply clapped, others would shout very loudly, others did both. At any rate, there was no one sitting still in their seat.

"Now to those of you concerned about stray blaster bolts, be assured you are quite safe." Cyrus assured them. "Each of our twelve contestants have been given a special blaster rifle to use in this event. They are special blasters that are made to only damage holograms. We couldn't risk people being accidentally killed by a contestant, so we use holograms with special guns. I will be judging the contestants based on their time of course, but also by their style and accuracy. There are about 30 variations of creatures to attack here, and all of them will be faced by out contestants. Not all at once you understand, but before their time is up. Jaden has graciously given everyone ten minutes to finish the course. As soon as one contestant finishes, the other will begin."

Maxine Vista stepped forward. "Now that you all understand how things will work, allow me to introduce our first contestant: Cedin Makhek!"

The crowd once again errupted in applause. There wasn't a single person in the crowd that couldn't wait for the events to start, and here they were about to start. No one could contain themselves, including the members of the Ruling Power. A hole appeared in the stadium floor. Cedin Makhek was raised up through the hole by means of a turbolift. Cedin waved both of his hands in the air, as if everyone in the crowd was there to see him. Maybe they were, but he didn't care. He was just happy to be competing. Cyrus went over to a stand with Maxine where they could safely view the event without being in the way. Jaden however, went to go put ten minutes on the clock. 10:00:00 displayed on a large clock that was the focus of everyone at the top of the stadium. Even the large holoscreens were displaying the clock until they focused on Jaden again. "Ready aaand....GO!" he announced and the clock changed to 9:59:99.

Cedin pulled out his blaster rifle and held it with two hands. It wasn't a small pistol, rather two hands were needed to weild it. His first target would be a bunch of mynocks. The mynocks looked real, it was nearly impossible to tell they were a hologram except for the way they simply faded in. Cedin shot at the first one and killed it without breaking a sweat. Green bolts emmitted from the tip of the blaster as the trigger was pulled. They seemed to dissappear when they came in contact with their target. Being the easy targets that they were, Cedin disposed of the group quickly. A pair of gungans appeared next. They each tosses a blue orb at Cedin, but only one of them hit the target. Under the clock, a blue bar had been projected. It was then filled over with a red bar that didn't go all the way. Cyrus' voice could be heard through the stadium.

"As you can see everyone, a gague has appeared underneath the clock. This is Cedin's life gague. Just as he deals damage to the hologram, they can do the same to him. He has TWO bars, when they empty its assumed he is dead."

The crowd applaused in excitement. They seemed to be pleased because a challenge was added to the events other than completing the course. This was going to be an intresting show. Meanwhile, back in the competition area: Cedin was having a bit of difficulty with the gungans. They were quite good at avoiding his blaster bolts. He managed to get a few shots in, but it didn't kill them. He was actually trying to predict where the gungan would go next and shoot that area.

A rancor was the last creature that he saw. He ran out of time, so he wasn't sure if that was the last one in the contest. He was exhausted at the end of all this, and couldn't wait to relax once he was lowered back down to the contestants' area.

OOC: I want the next 11 posts to be from the eyes of the contestants. Also, please try to keep the focus on the event alone. Those who do not comply will recieve a post deletion without fail.

-----------------------
Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 14, 2006 10:15:14 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  668
Total Posts:  1348
July 15, 2006 9:45:16 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet sat comfortably in the luxury box high above the arena, accompanying the Ruling Power. Blaster skills didn't really strike awe into him, but it was something to do. At least they were going quickly. The first match ended at ten minutes, and the next contestant was announced.

Wey Wolfia was the name. He was a very small Gran who seemed a little nervous and unprepared. He came with a regular sized rifle that wasn't proportionate to his body and made him look like a child next to it. Appearances didn't matter though, and the round began.

Wey started off shaky, barely dispatching the mynocks that came at him. The rifle recoil made him stumble a bit and it cost him half of his first bar to ward off their attacks. In the same fashion the bolts seemed to disappear as they hit and missed their marks. Security devices worked, it appeared.

The second wave of enemies came and Wey just looked tired. His small body seemed like it couldn't handle the size of the rifle, and it showed in his performance. Hit after hit the gungans kept throwing their orbs and damaging Wey. After three minutes of bombardment Wey finally lost both his health bars. The crowd was displeased and an overwhelming "boo" swept the stadium.

"Can't help but feel bad for the little guy," Garet mumbled to himself as Wey left via turbolift.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  146
Total Posts:  794
July 16, 2006 9:59:16 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
As the previous contestant left the ring, the announcer's voice rang out. "The next contestant is Nulla Antgana and will be using a smaller weapon than the previous contestants. She will be using an EE3 Carbine."

A very heavy set Bothan entered the ring holding her blaster and the round began. She, though being quite small herself, dwarfed the mynocks as the approached in their attack. In one fair swoop, she laid waste to the approaching mynocks.

There was a pause in the crowd's reaction. The amazement of Nulla's skill had left them speechless. Then as if on cue, cheers and applause erupted from the audience just as the next wave of enemies were sent out.

The two gungans wasted no time. They each lobbed a blue orb at her. She quickly fired and shot both of the orbs out of the air before they were even close to her. As the two gungans prepared their next attacks, Nulla fired and blasted a whole in the gungans' heads. Once again the crowd exploded in amazement.

The next enemy entered. It was the Rancor and it released a loud roar. Nulla backed away after being startled from the roar.

Then the rancor moved in for its attack, swinging one of its massive claws at Nulla. The palm of the Rancor collided with her flinging her to one side like a pinball. Her health bar appeared and drained down to the red bar.

Nulla jumped up and fired two quick shots at the approaching rancor. When the two shots hit the rancor, the creature let out a loud roar and grabbed at its eyes. The crowd immediately knew that the creature was now blind and cheered loudly.

Sam watching from the stands thought to himself, "For holograms, the location damage still works. That is amazing."

Nulla quickly rushed under the rancor, as fast as the little fat bothan could, and fired multiple shots in to the under belly of the creature. She moved forward and avoided the falling hologram.

The crowd cheered and the clock timer read, "3:23:41." Then the next enemy entered. It was an IG assassin droid. Though Nulla was quite quick, she was not quick enough for the droid's nearly instant attack. The shot fired from droid's rifle collided with her head and finishing her off.

Nulla left the ring with the timer reading, "2:58:99." The crowd cheered for her as she left. She had been the best contestant so far.

"I wouldn't want to get into a shoot out with her," Sam chuckled to himself.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  318
July 17, 2006 12:06:22 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Jenica Lightia waited underneath the arena, Cedin Makhek was the first to go up, she spoke with him before; he was a cocky youngster, he was about five foot eight inches, skinny to the point of being gaunt, with blonde hair. Jenica got up from her seat, passing by the table of refreshments set out for the contestants, she picked up light foods that wouldn't weigh her down fruits and berries mostly. Jenica glanced around the room at the other contests, almost all of them were nervous a few of them chatting very excitedly, but most of them were quiet, contemplating the future, one of them fell asleep. Jenica finished eat her food, she was so nervous her hands were shaking, she felt embarrassed and her cheeks turned crimson, she got up and went to the bathrooms, she went to the sink and ran some cold water, washing her hands and splashing some water on her face, she looked at the mirror and watched as the water slowly trickled down her straight nose, past her red lips, and down her chin. Jenica examined herself in the mirror, she was rather tall for a woman, her height was five foot nine inches, she had long straight black hair but for the event she kept it back in a pony tail, she wasn't skinny nor would anyone call her fat her weight was around one-twenty-five and one-thirty. Jenica was lucky to become the contestant from her home planet of Ithor, even though she was not an Ithorian, her father was a Major in the New Republic, and taught his daughter well in the use of blasters, unfortunately Major Lightia was killed in a skirmish with the Vast Empire soldiers.

"Jenica your up." A voice brought Jenica back to the present; it was the Blast Event Director, a pushover of a man, with a balding pate. Jenica got up from her comfortable chair, went to the rack of blaster rifles and picked one up; it was lighter than she was used to. Jenica headed towards the tubelift, when she was ready she gave the thumbs up to the Director, who pushed a button and the lift rose to the event floor.

Jenica was blinded by the brilliance of the arena, it was an open arena and there were thousands of people in the crowds, the announcer's voice cracked through the arena like a whip. "Jenica Lightia! Who is our representative of Ithor. Let the games begin." The holograph mynocks appeared fluttering around heading towards her direction. Remember Jen what father always said, when needing a perfect shot; take your time Jenica fired her first shot taking one of the five mynocks in its wing and bringing it swooping to the floor, the mynocks were now twenty feet away and closing. Jenica fired off two rounds hitting two targets instantly and one of the shots tearing through a mynock and hitting one behind it, the last mynock reached Jenica and before it was able to sink its sucker on her, she bashed it with the butt end of her rifle. No sooner had the mynocks disappeared than two Gungans appeared with a pouch of blue orbs and slings, the first Gungan slung a orb at Jenica who dove to the right and fired a shot that tore through the Gungan's oversized ear. The other Gungan fired an orb that hit Jenica's foot and brought her first bar of life to half, Jenica fired another shot from her rifle that hit the first Gungan in his chest, killing him instantly, the other Gungan launched an orb at Jenica that landed short, Jen fired a shot at the Gungan that was easily dodged, the Gungan was slinging an orb when a shot from Jen hit his pouch; setting off an orb which set all the other orbs setting off and killing the final Gungan.

A roar behind Jenica made her turn around, a rancor began charging towards her at high speeds, Jenica fired a few rounds off hitting the rancor in it's chest and shoulders doing almost no damage, the rancor paused; let out a ferocious roar which was cut short by Jen releasing a hailstorm of fire into its mouth which dislodged some of its teeth, the rancor began to choke; it began clawing at its own throat tearing into its almost invincible hide, its eyes soon began to bulge and it did, all the while being bombarded from Jen's rifle. The crowd cheered, never seeing such a display of bravado before, but their applause were halted by the appearance of the IG assassin that was carrying dual blaster rifles, Jenica fired two quick rounds at its football shaped head, on of them hitting its sensors, the droid unable to feel, see, or hear, fired at random, in any and every single direction, but he was easy pickings.

the final obstacle was a droideka, the droideka began its kick-off by opening it's shield and discharging blast fire on Jenica, a shot hit her in the abdomen bringing her second life bar to a half, Jenica dove to the left holding down the trigger of her blaster rifle and tearing through the droideka's shield and hitting it in the head and destroying it.

Jenica was deafened by the crowd applause, she looked up at her time which read 9:38:21 should of spent less time dodging and more time shooting Jenica thought unhappily to herself.  Jenica's heart fell, while she was the only one to finish the course, her time was simple to beat, never the less the crowd cheered. Jen headed towards the lift tube, frustration clearly etched on her face; I'm so getting a drink after the awards are handed out.

OOC: if anyone wants to add another "obstacle" I could edit my post.

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited July 17, 2006 9:59:17 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited July 17, 2006 11:52:11 PM)]
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  79
Total Posts:  823
July 17, 2006 8:53:58 PM    View the profile of RK 
Just as the turbo lift lifted Jenica out of the arena, another contestant, Pakrax Lighthrn, a thin, short Trandoshan. "The Next contestant is, Pakrax Lighthrn!" The announcer commentated about this contenders past competition.

Must be a frequent contender. RK thought looking closely at the trandoshan. His clothing looked like  the bounty hunters Bossk, but he had a symbol on his belt and right shoulder, RK couldn't make out the symbol.

"He will be using the Trandoshan hunting rifle, something not seen in ages." The commentator continued," Let's hope he has better luck this time."

Pakrax took his position while he waited for the timer to start. "Go."  The commentator yelled. Pakrax aimed his gun towards the first Mynock, he quickly fired at the first mynock taking it out no problem. Then he took aim at both of the mynocks standing in front of each other.Makes you wonder what's going threw his head. RK thought just as the two mynocks dissapeared simultaneously. Then came the Gungans, Two orbs came flying at Pak, he dodged them no problem as if he expected it. He lay flat on the ground taking out the first one no problem as usual.  The second one was a little harder, it almost looked like it was dodging Paks bullets, but Pak was smarter, he used the scope and blasted two towards the head one above one lower, the second one hit it's mark, the Gungan dissapeared. Then came the Rancor.

Pakrax stood frozen, in his spot, he looked like a statue. I wish I could help the guy. RK thought. Pak got out of his frozen state, and ducked down, just barely being missed by the Rancor's powerful arm. Pak rolled on his back just in time to get in open shot at his legs, he shot twice one shot in both legs , instantly the rancor fell. A loud crash shook the whole arena, RK nearly jumped out of his seat. Pak got up and shot atleast two shots into the rancors head making it dissapear instantly. After that the clock read:3:00:24.When back finally got to the droids this was the toughest for him it seemed, he dodged Blast after blast, but it wasn't helping, he randomly shot trying to hit a mark, He hit two droids, the dissapeared in what looked like a real cloud of smoke, although he got two his meter went hout with two remaining the clock read, 2:00:48

The whole crowd got up and applauded for Pak, he had come back after years of trying, and maybe finally won what he waited for.

I hope he wins it. RK thought to himself as he watched a great marksman be lifted out of the arena via turbo lift.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  310
July 17, 2006 10:44:46 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon sat in the stands, eagerly waiting for the next contestant to come up. Some of them had been impressive, such as the Trandoshan and the young women Jenica. I should of entered this competition, I would of done good. The thought made Leon feel bad for not entering. He was going to, but after all the stuff that was happening he decided not to. The hole that had let out the other contestants opened once again, revealing a tall slender man, with black hair and brown eyes. He looked soft, fragile almost, as if he would break from the slightest touch. He was around 6'1 and wearing some black pants, with a black shirt. In his left hand, a Power 5 Heavy Blaster Pistol could be seen.

Nice he has the same gun as me, now we just have to see if he can use it as good. A grin spread across Leon's face, he was getting to cocky for his own good. The announcer could be heard once again, calling the contestants name. "Everybody give a big welcome for... CEDRON LEEON!!!"

The crowd went nuts, girls could be heard shouting his name and saying that they love him. Fans were literally jumping up and down, and the stadium shook from all the excitement. Leon went along with it, cheering and screaming as loud as he could, but puzzled at the fact that such a soft looking man could be so famous. Another thing that put Leon on edge was that his last name was pronounced like his.

Out of nowhere five Mynocks appeared, bringing the roar of the crowd to and abrupt halt. He was fast, really fast. One second he was just standing there, and then the next he was gone. He bolted to the right and came to a skittish stop. As soon as he stopped he let out three shots, one of them hitting a Mynock in the head, the other one in its chest area, and the third shot was a miss. The Mynocks charged him, but it was a huge mistake. He pumped two shots into a Mynocks head, instantly disappearing. He reeled around and popped another one in the head, but the last Mynock managed to swoop down from behind, and cut his back, bringing his health down to 75%.

Cedron jumped to the left and pumped a shot into its wing. He finished it off on the way down, managing to get two shots in its chest. The two Gungans appeared and they launched there blue orbs straight into the middle of his back. One of them hit, bringing his health to 50%, and the other whizzed past his head. Cedron literally ran towards the two Gungans, his blaster blazing. The Gungans couldn't dodge the aggressive attack, and got pumped with Blaster Bolts. Nice, he's aggressive. Totally the opposite from what I thought he was.

He kept running even when the Rancor appeared in front of him. The Rancor smashed his fist down onto the ground where Cedron should have been. But he had dived to the left and let off a shot right into its neck. The Rancor let out a breath taking roar, leaving everyone in the stadium shocked. Cedron pumped another shot into its neck, forcing the Rancor to back off. As soon as it opened its mouth it was gone. Cedron had taken the roar to his advantage and fired three shots into its mouth, the blaster bolts coming out the back of its head.

The kid was non-stop, he never stopped moving, and it was the key to winning this event. Somehow, he had managed to predict where the IG Assassin would appear, and triggered a bolt right into its arm, practically tearing it away from its body. But the Assassin was smart, and shot into his running path, making him collide with the bolt. Cedrons health dropped to 10%. This seemed to anger him, and he let off a flurry of shots, three of them hitting the IG before blowing up. When he turned around, he ate a face full of Droideka fire, killing him before he could finish the obstacle course. He threw down his pistol in an outrage, screaming and shouting at the Holographic Droideka.

Leon let out a short chuckle; he would have done the second best if it wasn't for that Droideka. The crowd let out some boo's and curses at the Droideka, but then stopped as he exited the stadium. "Sucks for him," Leon said with a smirk.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
And so we go.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited July 17, 2006 10:45:10 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2129
July 17, 2006 10:45:08 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Six contestants had already been through the skills competition. Srish Risbaoth sat in the contestants chambers awaiting her turn. As Cedron was lowered back down on the turbolift, Srish stood up. Jenica shot Srish an antagonizing look.

"Try not to humiliate yourself out there."

Srish said nothing, and kept her feelings to herself. She wasn't about to let her feelings get the better of her....especially before the event. This was her first competition ever, and wasn't about to give herself a name for being unprepared. If she couldn't take a little harassment, then she had no buisness entering in a competition.

Srish stepped onto the turbolift and waited for it to raise her to the competition area. She could hear Maxine Vista announcing her to the crowd.

"It's been quite a show so far folks! This match signals the halfway mark for the events. Six out of out total of twelve contestants have competed thus far. Our next contestant is a first-time competitor in a competition, let alone the events: so now it gives me great pleasure to introdude a local Euceronian: SRISH RISBAOTH!!"

Silence filled the crowd. This was quite unusual, given that usually the crowd would be errupting in applause and roars of excitement. It could be that they were drained, but chances were that they weren't crazy about having a first-time competitior competing in the events.

The turbolift raised Srish slowly up to the competition area. She couldn't help but contain her excitement. As with the previous competitors, she was using a special blaster rifle that would only harm holograms. The clock was set to 10:00:00 and the life gauge was set to full. The clock began to count down, and Srish faced her first opponent: the mynocks. She had more difficulty than she should have. Most of her shots missed, and the ones that did hit were lucky shots. Silence filled the crowd, with the exception of a few boos that could be heard. Srish didn't take too kindly to this, as it was her first competition. She shrugged it off though, she'd redeem herself.

The gungans were the next set of opponents. With the clock down to 8:21:53, she had little time to redeem herself. Her bad shot came in handy in this case. The gungans moved so fast that when she went to shoot at them, the gungan was actually shot. The crowd roared with excitement. This was the first contestant to actually breeze through the gungans. Feeling better about herself, she prepared to face a pair of wampas. Unfortunately for Srish, the Wampas were her undoing. They kept beating on her in turns. Forgetting that it was a hologram, she squatted down and held her hands abover her head to protect herself.

Slowly and surely, her health gauge drained. By now the blue bar was completely gone, and the green one was beginning to drain. Maxine Vista encouraged her to fight back as part of her commentary. The crowd had nearly all turned to boos, as the last blow was delivered by Wampa #2. The wampas faded away and Srish stood up uneasy. I can't believe I let those holograms get the better of me. Srish got on the turbolift and was lowered back down to the contestants' area. Cedron walked over to Srish as she sat down with her head down.

"Told ya you'd make a fool of yourself." Cedron harassed.

Srish wasn't going to take it anymore. Knocking Cedron to the ground, she punched him in the eye. She proceeded to beat him up when an official came over to seperate them.

"You two!" he barked. "Settle down or you'll be disqualified!"

Srish didn't care because she made a fool of herself, but Cedron did. He went to sit on a seat as far away from Srish as he possibly could, and she took the same approach. They definately had their differences, but were not about to keep up the fighting.

OOC: We're doing great guys! Five more posts to go!

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 17, 2006 10:45:43 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  794
July 19, 2006 10:08:48 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Rhymi Antloinne exited the lift there were not many cheers from the crowed but there were some. Rhymi, in past events had not been great but his boasting prior to the games had always seemed to get the spectators interested in his performance. The crowd had grown accustomed to his boast then failure and those that knew from the past did not cheer and those that did not know or were just gullible did.

He stepped into the arena with his simple CorSec carbine. When the announcer had finished the hologram mynock began to charge at him. He took a few steps back, being startled by the creatures. He fired a few shots but the hits were trivial and the mynocks just kept comeing.

Rhymi's instinct to run got the better of him once again and the feeble Ithorian began to run in the opposite direction with the mynocks closing in on him. He turned and fired a few more times missing completely while running.

After a few seconds of this, the Ithorian tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over on his back and began to shoot blindly. Amazingly, he managed to take out the mynocks with only a little of his health bar removed.

Next came the gungans, Rhymi managed to get back onto his feet. During this feat, there were no cheers coming from the crowd, but laughter. The gungans began to toss their blue orbs at the Ithorian. Rhymi managed to stumble and dodge the orbs. He then charged the two gungans firing madly.

One gungan stood his ground tossing orbs at Rhymi and the other broke left for a flank. Just as the gungan got into position his ally was gone, but had done quite a lot of damage to the contestant. Rhymi's health was now down to the second layer and halfway down.

The Ithorian turned and charged the other gungan, who was tossing orbs and hitting nearly every time. The count down timer read, "3:15:52," just as the final gungan was taken down and the contestant finished off.

By this time the crowd was doubled over with laugher. "Bring out the real contestant," someone shouted, which doubled the laughter from the crowd. Sam was nearly in tears from the spectacle he had just witnessed.

Rhymi sulked out of the arena, just like had done many times before. "I wish this was a real blaster," he said passing the next contestant, "So, I could finish the job&"

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  328
July 19, 2006 11:56:49 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Skyen Nayran looked at all the other contestants with contempt; he could smell the weakness as if it were a perfume intoxicating his nostrils. I love that smell Skyen thought to himself, the game director nodded to Skyen. "Your up." Skyen grinned brushed his lekku and headed towards the blaster rack; picking up dual heavy blaster pistols he proceeded towards the lift tube sneering at the other contestants.

Skyen came up to meet a brilliant sun, his name being announced and the fans cheering. They know me, they know I will bring this crowd the ground. A shadow of a smile crept up Skyen's face, he waved his hand to the crowd. There was a slight buzz sound and a handful of mynocks appeared beating their powerful wings and heading towards Skyen's direction. Skyen let off a slow chuckle and let his arrogance take control; letting the mynocks get close before blowing them out of the sky. The crowd let out a roar of approval, a few of them stamping their feet others blowing on horns, anything to make some noise. The buzz of holographs being created came to Skyen's ears the pair of Gungans appeared loosing orbs at Skyen at an incredible rate, Skyen dove to his right rolling and coming to his feet, fired two shots from each blaster at one of the Gungans hitting it in its right eye, the holograph disappeared, the other Gungan took the moment that Skyen used to kill it's companion to throw another orb heading towards Skyen's head, he fell to one knee and fired hitting the Gungan in its chest and blowing it back.

The crowd came to its feet, no one had lasted this long without being hit once, and will Skyen continue his good luck? Only he knows, the announcer's voice rang out throughout the entire arena. Skyen knew the answer to that question, of course I will, I'm a god amongst mortals all holographs shall feel my fury. The very words being a soft smile to his lips, just as two wampas appeared; preparing to rip his life bar to shreds, Skyen knew the wampas didn't stand a chance against his dual heavy blasters which would be able to blow holes through the toughest of hides and furs. Skyen put his guns in they're respective holsters and waited until both wampas were less than twenty feet away, he than drew them and fired shot after shot until both wampas disappeared, the last one less than a foot from where Skyen was standing. A loud roar erupted behind Skyen who turned quickly, surprise etched on his face A rancor? How the hell...nevertheless must kill it. Skyen's bolts flew at the rancor at an incredible pace perhaps beating the record of an E-web. The rancor advanced and made a swing at Skyen who was frozen, his legs not obeying his commands, his first life bar was drained completely. The rancor who took one to many blaster bolts to the face vanished with a roar that shook the foundations of the arena.

Once again a slight buzz filled the arena and the IG droid laid a field of fire at Skyen firing at all the exits and cornering Skyen who was returning fire as fast as he could, Skyen took two to the chest and his life bar dropped to zero, ending his bid to the championship. Goddamn freaking IG, I hate IG's were Skyen's last thoughts as he stepped into the tube lift and was taken underground in the dark abyss of the arena basement.

-----------------------

Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2132
July 22, 2006 12:38:03 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"We're going to be wrapping things up soon here ladies and gentlemen." Maxine Vista announced to the boisterous crowd. "You've been a great supporting audience today, and I hope you'll give continued support to Zado Wolfvold in the next round."

The crowd provided continued cheering. From the VIP Box Rizzit wondered if they ever tired. Granted he cheered for some of the contestants, but he was also constantly watching the crowd. He noticed specifically that Typex was enjoying himself a bit too much. I'll have to talk to him about acting like a giddy child Rizzit looked down at the bottom of the arena to see Zado Wolfvold being raised up to the competition area. Maxine Vista wished him good luck, and the clock was started.

Zado took out the mynocks with ease. It barely took him half a minute. He also took out the gungans with relative ease. The crowd began to cheer at his obvious skills; he hadn't even taken a point of damage yet. A group of sandpeople came next. They were a first-see so far in this competition. Zado had a bit of a hard time with them, yet he still managed to get through them with ease before dealing with the nexu.

In the end, Zado finished with a time of 3:43:94. The crowd was unsilenced due to their enhanced excitement. Cyrus Neddas congratulated Zado on an excellent performance before he was lowered back down to the contestants' area.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  367
Total Posts:  814
July 23, 2006 8:47:51 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Leia Tarkin was waiting for her name to be called as she holded her replica of a DT-57 "Annihilator" Heavy Blaster Pistol, the only one on the pistol rack, a valuable sidearm during the Clone Wars for General Grevious as Leia heard her name called and stepped out, looking in awe at this crowd, because it was the first time she had seen one, living in the rural towns of Tatooine, Leia escaped that life by hitching a ride with a guy who offered her a job as a detective, making her very used to the Annihilator pistol, having used it many times.

"Leia Tarkin! A representative of Manaan, now, let the games begin!" the announcer yelled cheerfully into the crowd as Leia thought: let's get this done! You can do it, Leia, you've been using that pistol for quite a while.

The mynocks appeared as Leia quickly leaped up, blasting two in succession and squashing one in her landing, the other in front, bewildered, as Leia fired two shots at it, dismantling its wings and bringing it to the floor. Two Gungans appeared as one slung an orb that almost hit Leia, if she hadn't jumped out just in time. She took some shots at the other, in which one hit it in the head. The first Gungan now was throwing orbs in succession, apparently angry that Leia killed its buddy, while Leia dodged, with only one hitting near her, costing her half her first life bar. Leia reacted quickly by shooting at the Gungan, killing it finally with a shot in the heart.

A rancor appeared as it quickly snatched Leia in his hands, preparing to eat her, but Leia, having dealt with these before, shot continuously until it let go in pain. While it was trying to ease the pain on its hands, Leia chose to shoot at the Rancor's eyes, seeing they were its sight, the shots made the Rancor blind, as Leia quickly shot at the creature's belly, avoiding its fall.

The IG assassin stepped out, blasting its rifles, Leia, although she tried to avoid the shots, got hit while trying to place a shot on the assassin, leaving her with just about one life bar left. Leia shot at the assassin, just managing to tear him apart. The Droidka appeared, and as if Leia predicted it, she jumped up, firing at the shield protecting the Droidka. The Droidka fired in turn, bringing Leia's second life bar to half. Leia dodged afterwards, continuing to fire shots at the shield, wanting it go down. Once it was down, Leia didn't hesitate but fired a shot at the Droidka's head, ending its life.

Cheers around her announced that this battle was over, the announcer hold Leia's hand high as if she were a wrestler who had just won. Ending with a time of 8 minutes, Leia walked back to the contestant's area.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 23, 2006 8:49:59 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 23, 2006 8:52:52 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 23, 2006 9:05:51 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 23, 2006 7:15:23 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2134
July 23, 2006 8:20:53 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Thanks for the post Jen. NOW, let's wrap this thing up!

"Well ladies and gentlemen, this is our very last contestant of the Blaster Skill Competition. Jaden will decide who the winner is, and we'll all hear it announced during the closing rituals."

A series of boos followed the rather unpleasant announcement. People were very upset at this news. After all, they paid a good amount of credits to see the event; most of them didn't have tickets to all of the events, if they had tickets to any other events at all. It was a great upset to learn that they would not even get to see the winner announced.

In the VIP box, Rizzit sat with the rest of his fellow officers with the members of the Ruling Power. Rizzit consulted Concetta about the crowd.

"We might have a situation if this continues. Did this happen last time the games were held here?"

Concetta shook her head. "I'm sorry colonel, I have no idea. Last time the games were held I was not here for them. I was just a small child at the time. I never heard anything of such outbreaks, but then too: we live in very different times."

Rizzit nodded and picked up his comlink. "Everyone, get ready. We may have a need to do some 'crowd control'." Rizzit said. Rizzit's warning was un necessary. The crowd seemed to settle down a bit, at least enough to let Maxine Vista finish talking.

"Our last contestant hails from the remote planet of Tatooine. Every day they're shooting at some sort of creature, so this event should be something of a treat. Please welcome Dakbus Tunayen!"

The crowd cheered louder than ever as Darkbus entered the competition area to face the mynocks. As expected, he breezed through the mynocks like nothing. Two minutes in, he faced a band of jawas which to him were easier to deal with than mynocks (at least when shooting them). He also faced the sandpeople with relative ease (compared to the other competitors). By the end of his run, he only drained 1/4 of his first health bar and had nearly five minutes left on the clock with a time of 4:40:53!

The crowd was unsilencable! They cheered for a half an hour unrelenting. Thanks to one contestant, they had all forgotten about the terrible news that was given to them not too long ago. Maxine Vista thanked them for coming to the event and walked out of site with Jaden and Cyrus. Back in the VIP box, Rizzit looked at his watch. Hmmm....almost mid-day. The next event will be starting.

Concetta Sarano spoke up. "You're welcome to accompany us in our personal air-taxi. We're headed straight to Stadium Three for Krovatin."

Rizzit shook his head. "Thank you very much your excellency. It would appear less conspicuous this way. We'll meet you there!"

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  348
July 26, 2006 9:52:25 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Jenica was sitting at a tavern full of drunks who were celebrating the aftermath of the blast skill event. Damn why must I do this to myself? Come to a bar after I screwed up. Jenica looked around; everyone was in a celebrating mood, arms around friends, singing, dancing, smoking, and more than a few people were hooking up, but there was one man sitting at the opposite side of the bar sitting on a stool; he was eating a meal and nursing a beer. The man had short chestnut hair, lime colored eyes, he was six feet tall, clean-shaven, and wearing dark loose-fitting clothing, the man looked up and caught Jenica's eyes; he grinned and waved her over. Crap what did I get myself into? Jenica thought to herself as she got up and walked over.

"Hey what's up?" The man said as he casually took a sip of his beer. Jenica let out a soft sigh, "Shitty, I can't believe I took so much time in the event." The man gave her a baleful look. "At least you lived; I would rather live than care about how fast I killed something." Jenica gave off a soft chuckle. "Very true, my name is Jenica." The guy grinned. "I know I was at the event, you put on a good show, and by the way my name is Alex." Jenica was surprised that Alex could afford to pay for a ticket; the prices were ridiculous easily costing a medium income family half a year's wages. Alex interrupted her thoughts. "So how long are you staying in Euceron for?" Jenica hesitated an instant before replying. "Until the games are done, all contestants are given free tickets to all the games." Alex laughed. "Well Krovatin will be starting soon, you going?" Jenica stroked her long silky blonde hair. "I might as well, no point insulting the hosts by not going." Alex stuck out his arm. "Care to come with me?" Shock was written all over Jenica's face, how could he afford two events? "I would love to." Jenica took his offered arm and together they headed towards the exit of the tavern and towards the Krovatin games at stadium three.

-----------------------

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:42:53 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 85  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >