Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Galactic Games on Euceron
LK-486
ComNet n00b

LK-486

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  121
  RE: Galactic Games on Euceron
June 23, 2006 11:55:24 AM    View the profile of LK-486 
After the troopers had finished changing, they all met back in the West Wing common room. There, they found Garet awaiting them at a medium- sized, round wooden table. Around the table were five wooden chairs, complete with dark green cushions. The four troopers that remained standing up quickly took a seat at the table.

Garet peered across the table at LK-486. The trooper he was looking at did not seem to be dressed in civilian clothes. He cleared his throat and began his sentence by saying "LK-486, those are not civilian clothes."

LK-486 looked down at his attire. He was dressed in a black jumpsuit, complete with black gloves and boots. He slowly looked back up at Garet. "No, sir, I don't believe so. Fortunately, this uniform has not been used since before the fall of the Empire. I do not think any civilians will recognize it."

Garet looked directly into LK-486's eyes, seemingly boring into his very soul. LK-486 stared resolutely back, not blinking. Finally, Garet sighed. "Don't you have any other clothes, 486?" he demanded.

LK-486 shook his head. "I have approximately five other changes of this uniform sir, and I left my armour on Tadath. To change would be illogical." Upon the completion of LK-486's sentence, Garet sighed again.

"Well, I suppose you'll have to dress like that," he conceded. Garet cleared his throat again and his gaze went around the table. "Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business. Rizzit has tasked us with securing and guarding the palace. Squall?"

Squall turned and faced Garet, and replied with a "Yes?"

Garet nodded at Squall. "You will take the West Wing. In case you are wondering, that is the area we are located in at this moment." He paused and looked around the group again. "The wings are all connected to a main visitor lobby. That is the only entrance in and out of them. It will be quite easy to know where your wing ends." The others nodded back at him.

After speaking to everyone, Garet turned his attention to Knightfire. "Private Knightfire, you will be taking the South Wing. I'm not quite sure what is there, but all you need to do is locate the visitor lobby and take the south exit." Knightfire nodded her head, her black hair cascading into her eyes. With a stroke of her hand, she cleared her face.

"Leon?" Garet continued. Leon looked up at Garet, his face eager and expecting. Garet chuckled quietly to himself and began to speak: "You will be taking the East Wing. Same directions as Knightfire, except take the East Exit.

Finally, Garet turned his attention to LK-486. "Trooper LK-486, you will be taking the middle of the palace. I'm not quite sure how long that goes on for, but it will probably be guarded the main gates, visitor's lobby, and the various staircases located around that area. Keep an eye out for anyone who looks like they're doing something they shouldn't."

The team nodded. "Where will you be going?" Squall piped up.

Garet looked straight at Squall. "I will be taking the North Wing. That is the most politically delicate area of the palace. I dread to think what would happen if one of you were caught up there. Since I have not worked with any of you very much, I am only trusting myself for that patrol path."

He looked about the table at his team. "We will all go to the lobby together. From there, we will split up. Keep your comlinks active, and report any suspicious smell, activity, noise, or person. I want to stay informed, so say "Reporting in" to me every ten minutes. Got it?"

As a group, the troopers responded with a clear "Affirmative."

Garet stood up. "All right troops, let's roll out."

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by LK-486 (edited June 23, 2006 1:50:51 PM)]
Trix
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  136
June 23, 2006 7:38:19 PM    View the profile of Trix 
Trix strutted over to the woman the Colonel assigned her to. Merrick. She was standing with arms folded across her chest regarding Rizzit with raised eyebrows, Tris supposed the Captain was used to work with veterans and guys. Not greenies. And the Colonel's idea of team members seemed to differ from Merrick's idea.
Captain Merrick.
Trix regarded Merrick silently as she joined her group. Merrick was the Executive Officer of the Army as well as the Squad Leader of Nightstalkers yet she wasn't what Trix expected despite her renown through the Army. She has heard some rumors of the young Captain's habits at hanging around bars and personally she felt it was quite unfit for a lady.

Trix sighed, not that it really mattered anymore. Whether she was bought up as a lady, she was now an army grunt.  Trix shifted her glance from Merrick to the rest of her new team. Jakireth. Merrick's Asistent Squad leader. His dark skin didn't differ much from her own, he had a robust build impossible to have had attained during basic training. He waved at her grin before he turned to Merrick and said something to her. Jennabelle, a twilek seemed to the most excited about her new group and had no problem getting into a conversation with them.
Last but not least Christina. Another Private like her. The woman seemed to be the total opposite of Trix. Their skins contrasted brightly along with their hair, and while Trix carried an wave aristocracy she carried an aura of hard work and simplicity.

"No need for chit-chat, lets get going." ordered Merrick going straight to the point. She turned to the nearest exist and with a flicked of her wirst she motioned th squad to follow her. Boy this will be fun. she thought keeping her eyes to ground before she noticed she falling behind. She quickly fixed it with a quick job till she landed next to Jakireth's long strode.
"Hi, I'm Ja--"
"Jakireth,  I would suppose since you are the only guy in the team, you would be Jak." muttered Trix. Jakireth allowed a small grin before he grimaced.
"Only guy. I can't decide if it is most fortunate or most unfortunately."

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

TRP/PFC Trix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
'Life is like mail. You sometimes just don't get it'
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  654
Total Posts:  1305
June 23, 2006 8:05:43 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Gio pondered over the mission objectives to try and prepare for what he'd face. They'd be patrolling the man Boulevard of Eusebus, and the place was bound to be packed even with the Opening Rituals a few days away. At least he felt comfortable patrolling a very crowded and unpredictable environment with the majority of his group. Rizzit had been a mentor of Giovanni's since the beginning of his Army career, and Sam and Gio had been squadmates for almost two years now. Kairo had been his squad leader for a good year prior to leaving and accepting a position as Storm Platoon's commander, but in that span of time he had had a great deal of influence on the then unexperienced Lance Corporal.

The other two members of the group, Giovanni had no previous knowledge of. Evis was a corporal with the Raiders whom Giovanni had never met, but merely seen around the cantina a couple of times. Ryan Kenobi was one trooper he had never seen before, most likely on account of the fact he was part of Storm platoon, and served with the newly reopened Jester squad under the command of Kairo.

Regardless, Giovanni knew full well that if Rizzit chose them to be in his group, he must at least trust them enough with his own life if things came down to it. He looked down at his chronometer and scowled and how slow time seemed to pass by. He sat down again at his bed and rechecked his blaster rifle and heavy blaster pistol.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Assistant Squad Leader Senior Sergeant Giovanni A. Bryden*

ASL/SSGT Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][ES1C]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2105
Total Posts:  2943
June 23, 2006 10:01:33 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit was ready to head out with his group, until he noticed LK-486. Even at first glance, he looked like some sort of commando. He stuck out like a gungan on Endor. Rizzit ran upto LK-486 and pulled him aside.

"Greetings sir. How can I assist you?" the eager trooper asked.

"Actually, it's what I can do for you." Rizzit joked.

Taking a look at LK-486, Rizzit examined him closely. Rizzit was very close to LK in height.

"Well, you may be a bit shorter than me, but I think you'll fit into my clothes that I brought." Rizzit said as he went to the closet.

"Your clothes sir? Is there a problem with my uniform?"

"As a matter of speaking, yes." Rizzit said as he handed LK a turcoise-blue outfit with a touch of yellow. "Not one of my better suits, but it will help disguise you at the very least."

LK-486 took the clothes into one of the rooms in the suite that Rizzit was in. He changed into the outfit, and came out of the room with his black uniform folded over his right arm. He was carrying the boots in his right arm. As before, Rizzit studied LK over, but this time less closely.

"Much better. LK, you may proceed back to your group. Now at least you'll blend in."

After taking care of LK-486, Rizzit went to meet up with the rest of his group. They were of course waiting for further instruction, and headed out immediately when Rizzit was ready.

The streets of Eusebus were busier than ever. Vendors of every kind, and tourists by the thousands ready to buy something from the vendors or rushing to their lodging so they could relax until the games start. There wasn't a single person on Eusebus that was here for a reason other than the games.

The group had split up into the various parts of the boulevard. Rizzit was stationed in the part of the boulevard that was closest to the first stadium. The palace was also closeby. Sam and Giovanni were on each end of the street. Eviscares and RK were between Rizzit and each of the end people. Kairo in the end had decided to go meet up with Darr's group at the hangar.

Nothing seemed to be going on at the minute, but one thing Rizzit learned quickly was not to assume anything during what he liked to call "Games Season". It may have been a pointless attempt, but he did fall under attack on his first day on Euceron. It was something he wouldn't quickly forget...

-----------------------
Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  55
Total Posts:  209
June 23, 2006 10:12:13 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Dammit.  Are you kidding me?  The hanger?  What, are they gonna plat a bomb there or something.  Aphamos sighed to himself as he followed his squad leader, Darr-Rann, and his other team member, Andrew, out of the suite they were previously in and to their ordered destination.  They were headed to the hanger where the ships would soon file in, carrying the masses to the Games.  Wow, this is great.  Three people.  One hanger.  Say goodbye to your podracing, Aphamos.  He shook his head, re-routing his concentration to the present mission.  Think about what is important, about why you are here.  Even though that was an added bonus.  They exited the building, Darr-Rann looking at his datapad, glancing around at his surroundings occasionally to see where they were.  Aphamos pointed to a structure to the right, the building being the hanger that they had landed at yesterday.  Darr smiled, nodding his head as if he knew that it was there, but was checking on something else instead.  They started down their set path again, Aphamos walking towards the other member of his team, Andrew.  He didn't know Andrew very well, in fact, they hadn't really met at all.  Aphamos had merely seen Andrew in the cafeteria during one of his breaks, the trooper in the middle of a conversation with Kairo and Phenix.  Aphamos hesitated a bit, not to sure what to do.  He waited longer, his mind set on letting Andrew make the first move.  Say something at least.

"Hey." added Andrew, his voice very simple, not giving much of anything away.  He was as, if not more, hesitant than Aphamos, still staring forward as the trio neared the hanger area.  Aphamos returned the greeting, his voice giving a bit more away, trying to open up the barrier between them.  "I'm in Jester.  I've seen you before. In the cafeteria that is."  Aphamos nodded at the statement, now thinking of what else to say.  The conversation slowly started to heighten, the troopers finding some sort of common ground between them and using it to kill the time until they finally arrived at the hanger.  They entered the hanger, the hustle and bustle of the area taking over.  People were heading in all areas; through the exit, coming from the walkway of a transport, or standing and purchasing a souvenir from one of the stands that littered the hanger.  Oh, well this should be easy to defend.  We might need about ten more people, but nevertheless.  The team of troopers casually met up with each other, wanting to create a strategy.

"Well, guess we need to spread out." said Darr-Rann.  "Be as casual as you possible can.  If you need assistance or you see something, just call and we will gather up with each other.  Remember, we won't be able to fight in here because we will attract too much attention.  We only fight here if we have to.  Otherwise, we wait and we watch for something to happen.  We don't want anything to happen of course, but you know..."  Aphamos smiled as Darr-Rann did the same.  "We will spilt into three then.  Form a triangle in relation to the position of you allies."  Aphamos and Andrew nodded, the trio splitting up and moving into good positions, Aphamos starting to act as normal and casual as he could.  The transports were slowly coming in now, landing the natives of each of the participating countries.  The athletes competing were easily noticed, a group of trainers surrounding them, people paying extra attention to them rather than others.  Aphamos took his datapad out, trying to do something so that he would appear occupied; in reality, he was searching the hanger with the corner of his eye.

He looked up as another ship landed, this one not as old and shabby as the transports entering.  It was a platinum, luxury yacht, the ship slowly entering the hanger and hovering until it quietly landed on the cold, metal floor.  The walkway unfolded from the ship, the mechanical door sliding open.  Who might this be?  Three large, muscular men walked out of the ship, standing at the front of the walkway as it they were guarding something.  A man exited the ship next, dressed in extremely expensive clothing, the guards surrounding him as the ship made its way out of the hanger.  Wonder what he does for a living...  "We've got a fancy-pants guys.  What do you think he is up to?"

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2106
June 24, 2006 11:39:50 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Aphamos alerted the rest of his group to the "situation" that could possibly occur. He had already begun following the supposedly rich noble around. At closer look, he realized that the three muscular men were bodygaurds. The person they seemed to be gaurding had a familiar look to him. Realizing that he must know this person from SOMEWHERE, Aphamos continued to follow the stranger.

Kairo had decided to come join Aphamos in case he needed backup. When Kairo arrived at Aphamos' location, he realized immediately that this "stranger was Cosmic Vosgoth, their Commander of Training for the Army. A dozen thoughts raced through Kairo's head. Is he here to join us for the mission? Is he here to oversee us? Did he bring some new re-enforcements fresh out of the academy? Or is he here to compete? Shrugging off the overseeing thought, Kairo decided that it would be best to go find out for himself.

Kairo ran a bit to catch up with Cosmic. His bodygaurds immediately tried to block Kairo from making communications of any kind with Cosmic. After Cosmic realized that it was Kairo, he informed the gaurds to let him be. The gaurds resumed their spread-out formation around Cosmic to allow Kairo to have a conversation with the Commander of Training.

"So what are you doing all the way out here?" Kairo asked. "If you don't mind my asking."

"I guess that's a fair question. I'm here for two reasons. The main reason is that I'm here to compete in the games. I'm registered for the Krovatin Event. These gaurds here are actually supplied by the Games Committee. After what happened last time on Euceron, they want to ensure that no harm comes to their contestants I guess. I wonder what was so bad that they're this paranoid though..."

"Looks like we'll be seeing each other then. I'm going to be joining you in Krovatin. For my sake, I hope we're on the same team."

Cosmic laughed. "Yeah, it would be a shame if I had to kill you. That'd put a damper on our professional relationship for sure."

Kairo's jaw dropped slightly. Shock came over him. He couldn't believe that the Commander in Training would kill one of his own for the sake of a petty prize. "You'd really....kill me?" he asked hesitantly.

"Not really. Couldn't resist the joke. Oh yes, the second reason I'm here. I have a new trooper for you. Meet Private Matherion."

A man slightly shorter than Cosmic stepped forward. He was clothed in basic steet clothes normally worn by citizens of Courscant. Over his shoulder, he was carrying a black duffle bag with a logo of sorts on it. It was a bit out of place, but then mostly everyone on Euceron was. The 'games attracted people from all over the galaxy, and most everyone wore the clothes that suited their homeplanet.

"Pleased to meet you trooper." Kairo said as he shook hands with Matherion. "If you will head over to see that man over there." Kairo was reffering to Darr-Rann as he pointed to him. "He'll get you informed on what to do."

"Pleasure meeting you sir. And I will." Matherion said as he ran over with excitement.

"Well, I best be going. I want to get to my quarters and relax for a bit. Only a few days before the opening rituals." Cosmic said. "It's nice to get away once and a while. You should try it sometime."

"Yeah right." Kairo shot back. "The way Rizzit cracks that whip of his. I'm lucky to get a day off sometimes!"

Cosmic laughed again. "Well, good luck in the games! I'll see ya in Krovatin."

Kairo waved as Cosmic walked out of sight. "Thanks Cos. You too!" As Cosmic walked out of the hangar, Kairo headed back to look inconspicous. He joined Darr-Rann and Matherion to look like they were having a conversation (and to get further acquainted with his new trooper in Jester). Kairo thought to inform Rizzit of what had just happened, but decided that he'd do that later. Talking on a comlink right now when it was unnecessary wasn't exactly something he wanted to do. It would attract far more attention to him and possibly the mission than he wanted to risk at the minute. This was a good thing, beacuse little did Kairo and the others know: they were being watched!

OOC: Cosmic will be here for the events only. He is is no way shape or form a part of this mission. Therefore, I do not want to see his character appear until the games begin!

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 24, 2006 11:40:53 PM)]
Matherion
ComNet n00b

Matherion

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  12
June 25, 2006 6:15:59 PM    View the profile of Matherion 
Matherion couldn't believe it. I'm a trooper now. He thought as the ship landed Euceron. He had been riding with the leader of training, Major General Cosmic, but hadn't been told much. He only knew that the Galactic Games were on Euceron, and his new squad was there too.

He had been told earlier, fresh out of the Academy, he was going into active duty. He had quickly grabbed his armor, but the Officer replied he would not need it and to wear street attire. So he threw on the first clothes he found and threw in his Hold-Out pistol into his pocket. He thought he would need it. I really need to get into the ICS. He thought as he boarded the craft that he would be taking to Euceron. He found a quiet spot and began to nap.

Now, here he was, on Euceron, following a high ranking officer, and moving towards his career of active duty for the Empire. They were walking until Math noticed someone was following them. Then two people were following them. He was about to tell one of the bodyguards when they came over and tried to talk to Cosmic.

Cosmic's bodyguards immediately tried to block one of the men from making communications of any kind with Cosmic. After Cosmic realized that it was a trooper, he informed the guards to let him be. The guards resumed their spread-out formation around Cosmic to allow the man named Kario to have a conversation with the Commander of Training.

"So what are you doing all the way out here?" Kairo asked. "If you don't mind my asking."

"I guess that's a fair question. I'm here for two reasons. The main reason is that I'm here to compete in the games. I'm registered for the Krovatin Event. These guards here are actually supplied by the Games Committee. After what happened last time on Euceron, they want to ensure that no harm comes to their contestants I guess. I wonder what was so bad that they're this paranoid though..."

"Looks like we'll be seeing each other then. I'm going to be joining you in Krovatin. For my sake, I hope we're on the same team."

Cosmic laughed. "Yeah, it would be a shame if I had to kill you. That'd put a damper on our professional relationship for sure."

Kairo's jaw dropped slightly. Shock came over him. He couldn't believe that the Commander in Training would kill one of his own for the sake of a petty prize. "You'd really....kill me?" he asked hesitantly.

"Not really. Couldn't resist the joke. Oh yes, the second reason I'm here. I have a new trooper for you. Meet Private Matherion."

He stepped forward waiting for new instructions. He thought that even thought Kairo was wearing street clothes, he still looked like a trooper of the Empire.

"Pleased to meet you trooper." Kairo said as he shook hands with Matherion. "If you will head over to see that man over there." Kairo was reffering to a man standing over to the side. "He'll get you informed on what to do."

"Pleasure meeting you sir. And I will." Matherion said as he ran over with excitement.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Matherion/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Trix
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  31
June 25, 2006 8:58:15 PM    View the profile of Trix 
Far up ahead loomed the arena like construction in which the games took place. It was huge. Trix found her utter amazement at loss for words. Merrick and Jakireth seemed unimpressed though as they strode through the streets with a fixed gaze at anything suspicious. Tina shared an mutual feeling of awe. They have been strutting through the small streets and streams of people, and in that time the two woman got quickly acquainted despite their differences. Jenny on the other hand seemed to be oblivious to the stares she received every now and again again being the only of her kind between the humans. They have set off early the morning for Rizzit's assignments, and now it was almost lunch.

"If they hold an podracing event, where do you suppose they would hold it?" asked Jakireth when they stopped at an vendor and bought a quick lunch. Stuffing the grateful man's hand full of credits Merrick took a bite of the foreign loaf-like meat pie and thought it over as she chewed it down.
They quickly got of the way realizing they were blocking the line to vendor and reached for an secluded spot in the shadow across it.

Jakireth was popping his bones as they waited for Merrick's answer bringing shudders down Trix; back.

"Jenny, Tina, you guys get some speeders and scout the outskirts of the city for any kind of tracks that can be used for racing. There'll be no way for anyone to host it in the city. Trix go to the town squares and see if you can pick up anything there  and try and find out about it, when done join back up with Tina. Jak and I will meanwhile go scout the underground. These 'podracing' could perhaps be a local scheme for quick money. Now get to it." ordered Merrick stiffly as she dusted off the few  pieces of crumbs that fell on her shoulders and chest.

Jak's focus seemed to be jolted away from his popping bones, and the females around he seemed quite relieved as he stopped.
"And where do we go Merr?" He asked dryly with an raised eyebrow.
"The nearest cantina. There are bound to be some loudmouths," she answered smirking.

Giving an affirmative nod Trix bolted away from the group into the direction of the last town square she saw which was not to far off.  She stopped every once in a while at some vendor of some sort blending herself perfectly as an off-worlders tourist. She quickly reached the center but found her self dumbstruck.
What now? she wondered.
How could she ask them without giving her self away as an pod racer or part of the security?

For few minutes she traveled from vendor to shop to vendor, keeping an eye out for anything that could lead on to the next stage, yawning Trix waited in the blistering sun. Street cafes and vendors litters and clustered ever hole of this particular town square and even the alleys which would have normally been excluded from civilized society were bustling with people. After an hour glancing round, pretending to be an tourist Trix got fed up and was about to leave when she saw an very familiar podracing logo stitched on someone's very worn out duffel-bag. Perked up she studied the owner. A twenty something man who's youth still seemed to linger with the rebellious teenagers. His face was clean shaved, black cropped hair, green eyes, light tan with a small scar ran from his left ear to beneath his collar. She waslosing sight of them quickly between all the traders and crowds and with nothing left to do she started following him along with his friend who also carried an duffel-bag. They seemed to have tried and hide it, because the man's jacket that supposed to cover the logo shifted.The kept turning in a alley, and then another, and then another till the crowds started tot hink out to nothing.

The two men conversed fluently in an language Trix couldn't manage to even understand the dialect and was forced to dodge from corner to corner, from shadow to shadow.

Imagine her utter surprise when the men spun round suddenly and pointed the muzzle of an foreign blaster into her face.
"Yes? You want something?" he asked with strong accent, which spoken Correllian slang backstreet childhood.

With wide eyes Trix composed her self, comforting her self that she would have to get used tot he muzzle in her face as long as she remained in the Army.
Scraping he rguts togteher she stepped forward.
"I want to compete in the Podracing." she said with an clear voice thinking hastily of any excuse.
A grin beamed from the man as he dropped the blaster back into its holster.
"This way" he mutter."

Merrick will kill me. she thougt nervously as she followed them further into the alley.

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

[This message has been edited by Trix (edited June 25, 2006 10:51:50 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited June 25, 2006 11:05:21 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Marshal

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  462
Total Posts:  659
June 25, 2006 11:59:19 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick trudged along kicking at anything laying around on the ground. Jak was humming to himself.

"Bars aren't so fun anymore." Jak looked up at Merrick as she spoke.

"Oh yeah, why's that?" They'd reached the door of the Cantina now, and Jak held it open for Merrick as she walked through.

"Well, I'm sure you heard about Jester's.... misbehaving.. when Kip lead it and Dragoon was still around?"

Jak nodded and smiled slightly. "Yeah, just a little. I think everyone knows those stories."

Merrick chuckled. "Yeah well, I've only been to a bar a couple times since. Alone just doesn't cut it after that hilarity."

They took a seat in the corner and started scouting for likely looking people. Generally bookies were easiest to get info out of, so long as you had some money to back up your questions. There was at least one in just about every bar anywhere near a potentially profitable event. Merrick didn't think it would take very long to find someone to pry some information out of. Doing it without suspicion would be another thing. Maybe she'd leave that to Jak.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
XO/CPT Merrick/VEA/TADATH/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
SL/CPT Merrick/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Verastinian Republic - Minister of Subversion
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2107
June 26, 2006 12:00:41 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The sun set on the planet of Euceron, and light had faded from the planet's surface aside from light supplied by buildings and streetlights and other such fixtures. In their suites the undercover army unit slept peacefully in the palace....or at least they wish they did. Rizzit had assigned the groups to half teams during the night. Things couldn't be ignored, and there were still a good number of people on the streets, arriving on the planet, or in the cantinas.

The stands had pretty much closed down due to them operating by a set timeframe. The only ones left open were the food courts, and they were just about to close themselves; leaving the cantinas to be the only place left to serve food. Seeing as Merrick's group had no stands left to watch over, they moved on to the cantina. This particular cantina was small compared to the ones on Tadath or anywhere else for that matter: but it was a cantina nonetheless.

It may have been small, but it ran quite efficiently. The owner was a descendant of the Erased. The Erased were a group of people on Courscant that went into hiding after the fall of the Republic. They vowed never to bow down to Palpatine, and therefore went into hiding. Amoung this group was a famous Diner Owner named Dexter Jettister and a fallen Jedi Knight named Solace. The owner of the cantina was of no blood relation to either of them, but his great-grandfather was a member of the Erased nonetheless. This was not a fact the owner made public, because it led to a lot of unecessary questions. What happened to the members of the Erased? If the Erased vowed to never bow down to the Empire, why did he operate on a planet that operates exactly like the Empire?

Meanwhile, back at Euceron Palace. Rizzit was just heading out for his shift with Sam and Ryan. In terms of watching the streets, that was where a lot of things could happen...and more often than not: they did. Upon leaving the palace, Ryan noticed that Concetta Sarno was still awake and doing something in her room.

"Oh, so you know what room she's at now?" Rizzit joked.

RK began to blush. "Ryan, I was only joking. I got a feeling though I better know the whole story as to what's going on here."

Sam looked at RK with intrest. "Rizz, we better go to the cantina first. This seems like its gonna be a good story."

Rizzit shook his head. "We got a job to do. RK, tell your story on the way. It'll give us some cover. We'll look like we're actually talking about something."

Ryan began to tell his story of how he ended up on Cencetta's room during the day while he should have been on the boulevard. His story was abruptly interrupted though. A group of men wearing black commando suits were seen running past the three. Rizzit looked at Ryan and Sam.

"What was that all about?"

"I dunno." seemed to be the general response that Rizzit recieved lately. This instance was no different from any other.

"Well, what are you two standing around talking to me for? Let's get a move on! I wanna know what those three are upto!"

Rizzit began running after the group first. Sam and RK tried keeping up. Sam had called to Rizzit when he got fairly close.

"Hey Rizz....huff....huff...how are we supposed to you know....stop them? After all, we only have small blaster pistols with us."

"First off, we need to know what they're upto in order to need to stop them. If they're having a race, why would we bother." Rizzit wiped some sweat off his face. It was pretty hot for this time of night. "Secondly....huff...huff....IF there's a need to stop them: you two can fight can't you? They don't seem to be that heavily armed."

"Well...sorta...I guess." The two replied while they ran.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  580
Total Posts:  1348
June 26, 2006 9:37:55 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet quietly slipped out of his, careful not to wake anyone else up. Restless nights had haunted him for weeks now, especially now with the anticipation of the Games. The common area looked comfortable right about now, and Garet took a chair in the darkness. As his eyes adjusted, the room became faintly blue in the dim moonlight from the windows above. Quietly, another one of the hall way doors opened. Out stepped Kairo, thinking he was alone.

As Kairo neared, Garet got up. Kairo passed right next to him, either ignoring Garet or not seeing him. Garet reached out and tapped him on the shoulder, but received a punch to the ribs for it. "Don't move!" Kairo ordered his "attacker".

"Kai..." Garet coughed, "it's Garet..."

"Oh," Kai said, loosening up. "How ya been?"

"Fine, 'til now. What are you doing?"

"I was just heading out... to, eh, 'nurse my wounds'."

"Goin' to the cantina, huh?"

"Yeah, see ya later." Kairo seemed like he was dodging bullets. He definitely was trying to be sneaky about it. Garet just watched as he slipped out of the dorm area. Waiving it off, he sat back down in silence.

Another hour passed before Garet got bored. No one had come in or out of the room. Not even his comlink was active. With a sigh, he got up and walked out. The halls were dimly lit, and looked ghostly with the odd statue here and there. Up ahead, a red light was growing stronger and stronger. Damn, the security droids! Quickly, he slid himself behind one of the ghostly statues. The droid passed, and Garet slipped himself back out. He straightened his jacket, and continued walking.

Soon, Garet found himself lost. He thought there was only one main hallway leading to the central entrance area, but he was wrong. He apparently took on of the many "sub-hallways" that led through the palace. At that moment, he found himself in a glass hallway that overlooked one of the hundreds of gardens. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something move. He made himself low, and watched to see if anything was down there. Seconds later, two figures emerged from the bushes. Garet pressed his ear to the glass but didn't manage to hear anything. He watched their lips, trying to make anything out of it.

Garet saw it coming. One of them stalled their walk, allowing the other to be ahead. As soon as the other realized, it was too late. A flash of red illuminated the garden, and one of them fell to the ground. Garet had to do something. He grabbed his Annihlator from his jacket, shot twice at the glass wall, and charged through. He landed the ten foot drop with a roll and threw himself out of it into a run. He slid to the body lying on the ground. He was wearing clothes of nobility that were stained by blood in the chest. Garet checked to see if the noble was alive, but it was too late. Alarmed, Garet looked around the gardens. The air was still, and clouds covered the moon. Darkness was all around him. Leaving the body, he ran to the nearest door and all the way back to the dorms.

So it's begun, Garet thought, These next days will be dangerous. I gotta warn everyone.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Typex3
ComNet Initiate

Typex3

Post Number:  107
Total Posts:  306
June 26, 2006 3:37:29 PM    View the profile of Typex3 
  Typex3 woke up from his eternal slumber after the spectacle of Garet and Kairo began back at the dorms.  With the lightest touch, Typex3 rose from his bed, and looked carefully around and suddenly grabbed his leather Black coat and his dark light sun glasses to head back up into the cantina with the others. As inexperienced and curious, he wanted to do some kind of work since all he ever does in the trip was fight and get his arms and legs scratched and whatnot.

Typex3 stood up from his bed, as he began to take a first step, it sounded like a bomb exploded but fortunately nobody moved or waked up according to him. With a little bit of luck and his impressive skills he managed to get out of there without making a big mess. As Typex3 walked lonely through the night, he noticed the humid fog spreading around, almost as if it was starting an epidemic expanding more and more. When Typex3 saw the hasty nature that was occurring, he felt threatened and scared.

As Typex3 walked, He encountered a person near the garden, He could not very much see the action that was taking place but he knew something freaky was going on, flashing lights everywhere made typex3 dizzy, with just a few electromagnetic severe lights, Typex3 soon fell down as he had been severely damaged in his cornea inside the eye. When Typex3 woke up, he appeared to be having trouble seeing, and soon lost consciousness since the damage was intense.

After an hour of lying down with terrible pain, Typex3 rose up and covered his eyes with his shirt. As the night got colder and colder, Typex3 was completely blind, and suffering from his lungs since the air was driven all the way through his lungs and shivering body. The only thing that kept him alive was his leather jacket; otherwise, he will have to hang tough for what might come next.

Typex3 soon walked for miles in search of a place, but he found nothing as his eyes were shield and wounded from the light. Without no strength left, typex3 simply fell down and hit his head, witch was shortly bleeding after the head collision. Typex3 tried to call someone from his COM link, after a few tries he finally reached Colonel Rizzit. With a soft and hurt voice, Typex3 said;

"I....Need help..." The words sonly got softer as he said his last words.

Typex3 had yet another concussion, this time it was from the head collision. However, there was too much blood coming from his head, He felt rarely alive as he closed his eyes and rested deeply Euceron's city floor.

The young but spirited trooper got back up with heavily legs and started to walk, Wounded but strong, Typex3 walked along the city waiting for someone to appear. 

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/PCF Typex3/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

"You must unlearn what you have learned. Once you start down the dark path,
Forever will it dominate your destiny, Consume you it will"

[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 26, 2006 3:41:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 29, 2006 3:21:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 29, 2006 4:34:12 PM)]
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  58
June 26, 2006 10:18:41 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos shot up from his bed, the sound of glass breaking shaking his entire body, waking up from the only break he had had, or had tried to have, in a few weeks.  "GOD DAMMIT"  ONE GOD DAMN BLOODY NIGHT!  COME ON NOW!  I SURE AS HELL HOPE THAT SOMEONE IS DYING, CAUSE IF THEY AREN'T, I'LL SURE AS HELL ARRANGE IT."  He closed his eyes for a moment, opening them to see the condition of his roommate, LK, who was sitting there on a chair, his head turned at Aphamos, looking stunned.  "WHAT?  I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A NIGHTS REST IN AGES."  LK kept staring at him, Aphamos flashing him a fake smile, getting out of the bed at the same time, putting some clothes on and arming himself.  There was a feeling inside of him, the feeling that something was going to happen, something big.  LK sat there silently, in some sort of trance, as if he was a machine of sorts.  Aphamos moved towards him as he stood up.  "And what have you been up to?" he asked his partner, who was grabbing his supplies.

"Nothing." he answered cautiously.  "Just thinking about a few things."  Aphamos slowly nodded, trying to guess what was going on in the mind of his friend.  Probably thinking about his brother or something.  Wonder where that guy is...  The two made there way towards the door, exiting the room and entering the hallway.  Aphamos looked around, examining the hallway around him.  He looked to the end of the hall and could see a man turning the corner, some sort of weapon in his hand.  From what Aphamos could here and see, the man was panting heavily, his body in a crouch position as if he had just gotten out of a race.  "So what do you think happened?" asked LK who hadn't seen the man that had moments ago turned to corner into the next hallway of suites.  Aphamos stopped for a moment, concentrating hard on the bits of the man's face that he had only briefly seen, knowing that there was some connection between the man and someone that he had seen just recently, but couldn't quite remember.  He started walking down the hallway, increasing his speed gradually as the adrenaline entered his body; the feeling of the hunt coming to him and spreading through his veins.  He was all instinct now; he could see all and feel all that was around him.  He closed his eyes again, only for a moment though, hearing himself breath and his heart beat. 

They turned the corner, the man in front of them turning his respective corner as well.  Aphamos came to a sudden halt, bending his legs a bit and sticking close to the wall on his right.  Slow now.  You don't want him to pounce before you.  They were about to turn the corner, Aphamos smelling his prey; the target so close that he could even taste victory.  He finally turned the corner where his vision met the silencer of a blaster pistol pointed straight at his nose.  He slowly raised his hands, backing away as much as he could from the weapon that could. at any moment, take his life.  He moved his eyes towards the man with the gun; the man was very large, a small earring on his left ear, and a dirty smirk on his face.  Aphamos tried to breath and remain calm as he looked back behind the man, seeing LK's brother behind him, smiling as well.  At least they are happy people.  Aphamos looked to the side, seeing LK in the same condition as that of Aphamos.  The man from the back slowly approached them, the guards moving to the side a bit, but still aiming at them. 

"I see you have met my friends.  There is no any time for introductions," he said, "so-"  He paused for a moment, staring straight at Aphamos, turning his head and squinting.  "I've seen you before.  You were with the guy who killed Kalark."  He looked at the ground, then turned around to check to see if anyone was behind him.  "You are lucky that you took him.  If you didn't many would have died.  Many will die regardless, but you saved yourself a lot of trouble, didn't you?"  He resumed smiling, approaching LK until they were face to face.  "Hello...brother.  It has been a while hasn't it?"  He touched the side of his face, his fingers tracing a gap on the right side of his head.  He put his hand down again, spitting at LK's feet.  LK kept staring forward, as if he didn't sense a thing.  "Tie them up and blindfold them.  Take them back to our room and make sure that no one comes for them."  The guards nodded, approaching the stormtroopers.  They guard in front of Aphamos came close to him, jolting his knee into Aphamos's stomach, Aphamos bending down, the shot taking the breath out of him, almost breaking one of his ribs as well.  The guards blindfolded them, pushing them forward into the unknown.  How the hell are we going to get out of this one?  There was one thing Aphamos hated most, his Achilles heel being blindness.  He was lost if he couldn't see, and now, he was being dragged to the belly of the beast.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  114
Total Posts:  794
June 27, 2006 12:12:41 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Rizzit in the lead, followed by Sam and RK, followed the group across the boulevard and into an alley. The commando looking group took a quick turn to the right and headed down the back alley. As Rizzit turned the corner, he saw one of the dark suits dive and tackle someone to the ground.

Rizzit stopped Sam and RK with an open palm. The three kneeled behind a dumpster. Sam looked at Rizzit waiting for an explanation.

"One of the guys just took down someone," Rizzit said quietly, "Sam you try to get a closer look. RK, when Sam signals you follow him and try not to attract their attention. I've got to contact Gio. Typex got himself into some trouble."

Sam nodded and began to creep up on another dumpster with out making noise.

Meanwhile, Rizzit had crept back around the corner to the side alley. "Gio," Rizzit said. He waited a few seconds before repeating himself. "Gio!" Rizzit said again a little bit louder this time. Seconds later Gio's voice came through.

"Huh? What is it Rizz?" Gio asked sounding half asleep.

"Typex has decided to go out and he got himself into some trouble," Rizzit said quietly, "I need you to go and get him, but take someone along with you. Just on the off chance that you may need back up."

"Right," Gio said.

Rizzit finished telling Gio about Typex and came back around the corner. Sam was only a few dumpsters a way from the group of dark suits. Their captive was sitting on the ground in the middle of them.

Sam had signaled for RK to follow. Just as RK was nearing where Sam was he kicked a can. The sound from the can being kicked caught the attention of one of the dark suited commandos.

"What was that?" the commando said turning towards the sound. RK had ducked behind a nearby cache of boxes just before the commando had turned around.

"I don't know. Go check it out, "another one said.

One of the commandoes walked slowly towards the sound. Sam moved closer to the wall to avoid being seen and the commando passed. The commando had stopped only a few feet from the boxes RK was hiding behind. He paused for a few seconds then turned back and said,"Must have been some vermin or something."

Sam held his breath hoping that the commando would not see him. Luckily, the commando walked right on past with out even noticing Sam. RK moved quickly to Sam's location and was followed by only a few seconds by Rizzit.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

Sandwich Sam -- Giver of Life to the HDDs that have crossed over
Christina Deneke
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  54
June 27, 2006 1:15:45 PM    View the profile of Christina Deneke 
**Before We Split Up**

Christina looked at the group. Jakireth and Merrick she knew, but the others she didn`t. She felt slightly stupid for it, but up until now she had thought there were few women in the army. Not that two more made her feel like they had their own half, but it did make her feel better.

One of the two she had been assigned with didn`t look like she was enjoying herself much. Whether it was from the heat or being seperated from friends in her squad she couldn`t tell, but it was a look of frusteration none the less.

"Jenny, Tina, you guys get some speeders and scout the outskirts of the city for any kind of tracks that can be used for racing. There'll be no way for anyone to host it in the city. Trix go to the town squares and see if you can pick up anything there  and try and find out about it, when done join back up with Tina. Jak and I will meanwhile go scout the underground. These 'podracing' could perhaps be a local scheme for quick money. Now get to it." ordered Merrick stiffly.

"And how do we aquire said speeders?" Christina asked slowly, expect an answer such as 'rent one' or something. She was surprised when she was told 'by any means possible, just don`t get caught' by Merrick with a wink.

As the split up, Jenny and Christina headed off in a random direction.

"Alright, look for a speeder thats got an open top or a window down. That, or a cheap rental place." Christina said, pointing at random speeders, occasionaly stopping to peer into a window of a speeder or admire paint or chrome trim.

"How about that one?" Jenny asked, pointing towards a flashy convertable that could be picked out of a crowd from half a kilometer.

"Mmmm...." Christina replied, poking her head down an ally. "I think I found a less noticable one." She continued, pointing down the ally at a rusted out pair of speeder bikes. "You know how to ride?"

"A bit..." Jenny replied as they started down the ally towards the bikes. They each took a seat on a bike and Tina had to stop for a moment to adjust her long skirt. She rarly wore them, but if she had to look like a tourist, she figured she might as well wear something that protects from heat.

"God I hate these..." She said, tugging at the loose fabric. Once she got everything set right she swung her head down to look at the engine. It wouldn`t be very hard to by-pass, if only she could find something metal.

"Then why did you wear it?" Jenny replied, now looking at the engine on her own speederbike.

"No clue..." Tina replied as she reached down and picked up a butter knife that had fallen out of a dumpster that was near the bikes. Just as she was about to start the engine a large hand planted itself on her shoulder.

"And just..Just wha duh tha two of ya think yer doin?" Came a heavy voice from behind her, and the strong stench of alcohol became worse and worse with each word spoken.

"Just looking...." Jenny replied shyly, looking up at the large man. He was at least 6'6" and probably weighed 250 pounds or more, and most of it was muscle.

"Ah..Me too." He said stupidly, a grin crossing his face. Both girls looked at eachother and grimaced, then the man continued on. "I`ll give ya both of these here bikes for..." He said, pausing to hiccup. "For..A nice good look at you." He continued, now grinning like and idiot, obviously implying something dirty.

"Uh....." Came the unitious reply from the girls. "How about not..." Jenny replied, grabbing hold of the man`s arm and moving it off of her shoulder.

"Yeah, we`ll just go." Christina said, dismounting the bike and takign a few steps away before stopping and looking back at the man. He was leaning against the wall sobbing.

"No one ever wants to stay and talk with me." He sobbed quietly. "People wonder why I drink so much..." He continued, reaching downand picking up an almost empty bottle of some drink Christina could not identify.

"Well, maybe if you didn`t approach women like that, more of them would think you are more then just a slobbering pig." Christina said as she approached the man and knocked the bottle out of his hand, then gave him a firm slap in the face.

"That and a breathe mint or two..." Jenny chimed in, walking around and taking a seat on the speeder bike again.

"I never really though about that..." The man said after he stopped sobbing. "Ever since my first girlfriend broke up with me I`ve been drinking and just hoping that other girls would be as blind, deaf, and nosless as her." He said, a smallgrin spreading across his face at his joke. Christina laughed but quickly appologised, and Jenny surpressed her giggle.

"You know what you two? You`re alright. You can take those speeder bikes, I don`t use them anymore. Here are the keys." He said, digging in his pocket and tossing a set of keys to Christina, then one to Jenny. "Have fun at the games!" He called as he dissapeared back through a door he had came through, presumably into a bar.

"That wasn`t that bad..."Jenny said, starting up her bike.

"You wern`t the one who touched his face." Christina replied, wiping he hand on Jenny`s sleeve before starting her own bike. She gave it a little rev and nodded to Jenny before the two took off and started scouting.

*** After a little while ***

Jenny pointed to something off in the distance. "Is that a grandstand, way out here? And those look like podracers if you ask me." She said as she covered her eyes with her hand and squinted throught the harsh sunlight, Christina doing the same.

"I think that it might be. Lets go have us a look." Christina said, kicking her bike into gear and gunning it, shooting off towards the grandstand. As they got closer, she noticed a small crowd had arrived, but nothing really aside from pod techs and drivers. As they puttered closer to the entrance, a man called to them.

"Hey ladys! Are either of you interested in entering our speeder bike races, female division?" He asked politly, holding out a registration clipboard. "There are prizes."

"What kind of prizes?" Christina asked quickly, reaching out for the pen the man offered her, but Jenny grabbed her arm.

"We`re supposed to be looking for...someone, remember?" She said, pushing Tina`s arm back towards her.

"Ah, we can have a little fun. I`m pretty sure that some of the others are goofing off." Christina replied and then reached back out to sign her name.

"The prizes are cash, and every entrant receives two pit passes for after the podraces in a few days." The man explained as Tina wrote her name neatly and then printed a '97' next to where the form requested her number.

"You mean, the podraces arn`t today?" Jenny asked the man, and Christina gave a questioning look as well. As far as they knew, the podrace was today.

"Well, there are going to be a bunch of preliminary heats and subraces going on over the next few days, and todays speeder bike race is just somehting to keep folks entertained until we start the podraces." The man explained, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a portable holoprojector. He flicked it on and a map poped up, showing the events over the next few days.

"Some of the podracers will be coming out for practice runs today, but for the most part its just going to be speeder and bike races today."

"Oh, Ok. I`m in, how about you Jenny." She asked after handing the man back his pen and giving him a grin.

"Nope." Jenny replied, crossing her arms across her chest. "I`ll watch and see what all I can find out."

"Fine." Christina replied, then turned to look back at the man. "When do we start?"

"In about 15 minutes. You can head in through there." He said, pointing to an opening under the grandstand, which lead to a bike pit area.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LCP Christina Deneke/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Christina Deneke (edited June 27, 2006 5:32:17 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2108
June 27, 2006 11:23:58 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Typex okay Rizz?" asked Ryan sincerely.

"Yeah...he'll be okay. I don't know how he thought I could get to him." Rizzit chuckled. "Newcomers....gotta love 'em. So...what's our status?

"Well, we're safe for now I believe." Sam said as he pointed at Ryan. "This idiot managed to knock over a bunch of stuff to make a lot of noise."

"Good job." Rizzit said sarcastically.

"But they regaurded it as vermin and dismissed the thought that they were even there." defended RK.

Rizzit began to sneak off. "Well at any rate, fate has dealt us our hand: let's play it."

Around the corner, the three commandos appeared to be doing nothing of great importance. They were talking in a most serious tone however.

"All set?"

"A few more minutes."

"Hurry up will ya?"

"GIMME A BREAK! These things take time."

One of them seemed to be building something. He had a spark touch in his hand. After what seemed like eterninty (to both groups) the commando seemed to have finished.

"Well its about time!"

"You're impatient."

"Who cares? Let's go!"

Watching from afar, Rizzit, Sam, and Ryan began to wonder how they were going to get out of the alley when it was a dead end. One of them took off into the air like he was flying. Ah, so that's what they were doing. Building jetpacks. But why? A few windows back, Rizzit remembered passing some sort of fire escape (at least that's what it looked like) that was rather unique. Instead of having a standard ladder, this was like a complete staircase to the roof of the building. Rizzit motioned to his two allies. "Guys, quick: the roof! I wanna see what they're upto."

One by one they ran for the stairs. When they got to the roof, it seemed like they just wasted an hour of their lives. The three commandos were actually...having...fun. The jetpacks they built were being used to do stunts and tricks. Maybe these guys aren't Commandos after all. Maybe its just some protective clothing so the Jetpacks don't hurt them. Doesn't hurt to be too cautious. Rizzit dug deep into his pockets and pulled out a tracking device. With a hard toss, the tracker attached itself to the jetpack the commando was wearing.

"Com'on guys." Rizzit said as he waved his hand in an arc, signaling the two of them to leave.

"Rizz....we just gonna forget about them?" Ryan asked.

"No, but we're not gonna learn anything by watching them do stunts. If they are upto anything...we'll know it. That tracker not only tells me where they are...it records what they say and sends it to the reciever i have back at the suite." Rizzit sighed. It was getting late, but not quite time to switch shifts. A few more hours, then Gio and the rest would be here to relieve them. In the meantime, the trio walked back down the stairs to get back on solid ground. It was probly a good idea to head back to the main boulevard and see what was going on there. Plus, Ryan still had a story to finish.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Eviscares
ComNet Member

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  340
Total Posts:  445
June 28, 2006 5:50:55 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
Evis walked up and down his room. It wasn't a luxury suite, but definitely better then the normal accommodations for stormtroopers. But that didn't change anything. He felt trapped. And the worst thing was that it was his own fault that he wasn't on duty now.

After the briefing Rizz had come to see him. Their talk had been short but Rizzit had made his opinion very clear. The words: "I can't use troopers like you who crack and turn into violent killers on the streets of Eusebus." still echoed in his head.

DAMN!, he had blown it. Sure Rizzit meant to help him, but still. Somehow he should get out of this palace, being trapped wouldn't help him at all. After changing into a wide navy robe and grabbing another Knife from his duffel bag as well as his trusted pistol he left his room.

He had wandered around the palace for quite some time, hiding from everyone that could've been a trooper. As he finally reached the exit  a smile spread on his face and he sighed with relief. Having no special goal, he simply started walking around, hoping to get to some interesting spot now or later.

As he shoved himself through the crowd of the main boulevard, it was like he had seen the back of the head of someone he knew. Doubling his efforts and his ruthlessnes D'kaleth mad his way to that Person, following her into an alley. He was quite surprised to see that it was Trix. Smiling he laid his hand on her shoulder.

-----------------------

Raiders

Iron Horse Squad forever in my heart!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven".
Such is the Rule of Honor.
[This message has been edited by Eviscares (edited June 28, 2006 5:57:33 AM)]
Trix
ComNet Novice

Trix

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  44
June 28, 2006 6:39:25 AM    View the profile of Trix 

The moment the hand laid it self on her shoulder she grabbed it and it pulled it downwards while she spun around and planted a pistol next to it's owner's head.
"Evi! What in the seven hells are you doing here?" she asked surprised.
Evis grinned as he unhooked his arm from her grip and pushes the pistol away.
"Was bored, saw you and followed" he answered.

"Hi who's Evi?" asked a gruff voice. Evis' eyes alert jumped to the source. It was the scar face's friend. His hand resting casually in his pocket which Trix supposed was hiding a weapon.
They were standing in an narrow alley between two buildings so high the sun reached the alley with difficulty.
The man with the scar also appeared from around the corner. He regarded Evis suspiciously.
Trix still not used to act on a situation froze, Evis however immediately acted and slung his arm around her shoulders.
"What? Not allowed to watch out for my little little cousin?  He asked with a cocky grin. For a few moments awkward silence hung about the air thickly before the man with the scar grinned.
"Then you would know that your little cousin plans on podracing." he stated. Evis quirked an eyebrow surprised.
"Oh?" he asked and directed his questioning glance at Trix. Before she could mutter something however, the men stuck their hands out.
"I'm Hakin, and the big guy here is Mordo." said the man with the scar. Reluctantly Evis shook hands with them.
"No we know this one is Evi." said Haking with a slight trace of friendly taunt in his voice.
"But you are?" he asked to Trix. For a moment she hesitated.
"Tairi" she answered.
"No lets get going, nuff off a hold u, Ev you joining us?" asked Mordo.
"Sure, lets see what my cuz can come up with next."
Grinning the two men in front of them with duffel-bags set off again, they were walking very fast and was far enough to be out of earshot.

"Podracing? You?" asked Evis with a frown. Trix frowned as well.
"I couldn't think of anything else. But please, lets not converse about out work out here, and keep your temper in check. No come one, we cant fall behind." grabbing hold off his hand they caught up with Mordo and Hakin again who made a sharp turn to the left before dissapearing into an small building that seemed to be a cantina and office at the same time.
"I suppose the details are there," muttered Trix as they regarded it.
"Lets go in. Have a drink, be normal."

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

LK-486
ComNet n00b

LK-486

Post Number:  19
June 28, 2006 7:47:20 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
As LK-486 marched resolutely forward, he felt no fear. A normal person would be shocked to still see his family alive, and possibly the guilt said person had been living with would be assuaged. Fortunately, LK-486 was a trooper. He had let go of the guilt over his brother's "death" twice now. In his teenage years on Naboo he had pummeled Ezjarl's face with an iron pole. In his early twenties, the two had clashed once again on Tatooine, causing Ezjarl to suffer a seemingly mortal blaster wound. But here Ezjarl was now, once again in the life of LK-486. 486 had no qualms for this. Ezjarl was simply another person standing in the way of the Empire.

As they were lead in blindness, LK-486 could hear the hissing of insults Ezjarl was pouring into his ear.

"&and whatever are you dressed in, Ezzy-boy?" Ezjarl taunted. "Yellow and blue went out of style years ago&"

And suddenly, the group stopped. Still blindfolded, LK-486 felt himself being pushed into an opening, and a rough cloth gag stuffed into his mouth. In addition, he heard an "oof!" as Aphamos crumpled onto whatever floor they were standing on. LK-486 assumed that Aphamos would be gagged as well, but had no way of knowing.

"That actually is sort of suspicious, little brother," Ezjarl spat. "I've never known you to wear anything but that ridiculous jumpsuit. I trust retirement is suiting you well?" Ezjarl turned to his lackeys. "Guard them. If they try to escape&kill them. I will regret not having the pleasure myself."

"Duh, what are you doin' boss?" demanded one of the henchmen.

"This business is strictly personal. Regardless of Ezrain here, the deal must happen." Ezjarl grinned widely, his jagged teeth glistening with spittle. "Make me happy, men." And with that, Ezjarl was gone to carry out whatever nefarious scheme he had planned.

LK-486 sat in his private world, pondering. His reasoning and past experiences with Ezjarl caused him to deduce that he was here independently- in other words, Ezjarl was simply here to disrupt the games and kill innocents without backing. Ezjarl preferred to work alone. If he had a benefactor, he would probably be just as willing to kill that person just as easily as he would kill LK-486. Ezjarl was sadistic and violent enough that this was a logical reasoning.

But Ezjarl knew no logic. Logic didn't apply to how he killed, whether with blaster, vibroblade, or his bare hands. His only love was battle, and his bloodlust was great enough to warrant the death of&who?

But Ezrain thought harder. Maybe Ezjarl wasn't working alone. It could be that a benefactor desired a person or a party killed, and simply didn't care who got in the way. Ezjarl was insane, and nobody would be able to trace an employer&

LK-486 was trapped in his own logical mind. He saw two solutions, and opted for the former one. He contented himself by putting these thoughts on the shelf. Ezjarl was a problem, nothing more. As a soldier, his only duty was to kill the man; let other branches of the military investigate the crime.

LK-486 began to formulate a plan of escape&

-----------------------

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  61
June 29, 2006 2:17:34 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
GOD! Aphamos thought to himself, Now how the HELL are we going to get out of this one.  LK's brother, Ezjarl, had left them, going his own separate way, leaving the two stormtroopers with the baboonish guards.  The guards had taken them and thrown them in a room, kicking Aphamos in the stomach and punching him in the face, leaving him on the ground moaning as if he was in pain.  He was lying on the floor, the bodyguard looming over him.  He couldn't see anything, the blindfold nullifying his vision.  Aphamos tried to ponder on what Ezjarl was doing; what evil scheme he had in his mind.  Is that ale I smell?  Aphamos started to sniff a bit, the aroma of alcohol filling the room now.  This is just too perfect.  These guy are stupid.  He tried to stifle a smile, the cloth that was jammed in his mouth not allowing him too.  His mind raced for ideas on what to do; what his next move would be.  The guards started to laugh now, one of them getting the hiccups.  Aphamos heard the sound of more bottles opening now, the sound of glass breaking as they started to open and drink more and more.  Aphamos finally formulated a plan; one that would either work perfectly, or fail miserably, getting both him and LK killed.

Aphamos started to make choking sounds, throwing himself on the floor and shaking his body hard, trying to get the attention on the guards.  He felt at hand grasp his hair, pulling him up.  He didn't just do what I thought he did?  Aphamos continued acting, the guard finally taking the cloth out of his mouth and the blindfold off of his face.  Aphamos coughed some more, finally ending his act.  He looked around the room, examining its contents.  It was an average suite, identical to the one Aphamos and LK had been in earlier.  He turned, looking at the table the guards were at.  Bottle littered it, shards of glass and bottle caps accompanying it as well.  "Hey," said Aphamos, "you know what would go good with a drink.  A nice game of Sabbac."  Aphamos still couldn't see anything, so he couldn't see the guards' reactions.  One of them grunted, giving Aphamos's enough of a signal.  "I think the deck is in my pocket.  Maybe if I could move..."  He heard another grunt from a guard.  The guard untied his wrists, Aphamos stretching his arms.  "Ah, right, the cards."  He reached in his pocket, his hand brushing the deck of cards.  "Hmm, I can't seem to find them.  Maybe my friend here has them."  He looked over to the guards, who nodded at him.

He walked over to LK who was sitting there, still blindfolded and tied up.  Aphamos untied his hands and removed the blindfold, LK immediately springing up.  Aphamos signaled to him, LK sitting back down on the ground.  "Do you have the cards?" asked Aphamos.  LK shook his head slowly, checking his pockets.  "Here, let me check again."  Aphamos stuck his hand in his pockets and pulled out the deck of cards.  "There they are."  He handed the cards to one of the drunken guards, who in turn nodded at Aphamos.  Aphamos looked over at LK, who was deep though as usual.  Alright then.  Aphamos pulled out his blaster pistol and set it to stun.  He aimed at the guard to the right and fired, the shot hitting the man in the back of the neck.  He aimed again and fired at the last guard, the bolt of light knocking the guard out.  "And off we go."  LK and Aphamos set out of the room, Aphamos looking from side to side, checking to see if anyone was there.  He looked to the left, seeing Ezjarl turn the corner and head towards them

-----------------------
Raiders

Typex3
ComNet Initiate

Typex3

Post Number:  118
June 29, 2006 4:32:26 PM    View the profile of Typex3 
Typex3 appeared to be okay after resting for a few minutes lying down on the city floor. While Typex3 was patrolling for any suspicious activity, Freedom and Knightwind where inside the galactic games battlefield patrolling the stands. 

"Report status Knightwind" Typex3 said while looking around for any malicious activity.

"The activity of the place seems to be calm, with few people suspiciously walking around without any destination patterns"

"Keep a close eye on the suspects; they might be on to something that will not benefit anyone".

"Okay, I'll make sure they don't do anything without blowing our cover&10-4"

"10-4, End transmition"

Typex3 then called up Daminga from the hideout, "Hey wake up, I need backup patrolling this area that seems quite suspicious," Typex3 said with fears in his eyes looking around the place.

"AHhh...Yeah I'll be right there, where's your location"

"I am exactly located southwest from the hideout, Go strait down until you see a garden, and pass a few hallways on the city. Just about when it is getting foggy, there I am"

"Okay I'll be right there, hang on, okay"

"See you then" Typex3 said while turning his head looking strait at a mysterious person seeming to be walking lonely.

The mysterious unidentified man knew that he blew his cover so he walked away from Typex3. Without taking any chances, Typex3 soon followed, keeping a far away distance as possible so the man could not feel threatened at any time. As Typex3 kept an eye on the man, Daminga popped out of Knowhere.

"What you doing Typex?" Daminga said.

"Shush, I'm hunting down this unidentified man seeming to be lurking around"

"Oh, I think its better you handle this, while I go and help out Freedom and Knightwind.

"Okay, you do that"

The mysterious man soon stopped, while another person appeared in a galactic space car. Typex3 hid behind a wall in the corner where he could see everything that was going on. The unidentified man that Typex3 followed was from a Norulac race. In fact both men where from the Norulac race.

"Strange, I haven't seen this race since the battle of Taanab" Typex3 said while listening to there conversation.
As Typex3 focused his hearing, he somehow understood the prestige language known as high galactic.

Typex3 could not overhear the conversation as they where talking about a secret plan they where working on. It seems they where hired by Bandit gangs to interfere in the Galactic games. As Typex3 got got accidentally closer to the dangerous men, and the men noticed an arm and soon noticed that they were being spied by Typex3.

Typex3 soon a got pair of throwing knifes and quickly launched then at 60 miles per hour into both creatures heads. Soon with the creatures in consciousness, Typex3 got all there belongings, and plans and soon caring then in his speeder bike back to Hideout where they will face punishment and further questioning.

Typex3 arrived into his group hideout where BV and swift where sleeping at. Typex3 then got both Crooks and sat them in the back where all activity was protected from any intruders.

Typex3 called colonel Rizzit, "Rizzit, I have found some threats to the galactic games. Both suspects remain in control. I fortunally hijacked there plans for further danger to The Galactic games. If you want the plans, I will send Swift to give them personally to you so you could see the danger ahead for tomorrow. I will in the mean time be questioning the suspects from other things that I don't Know about them and there flawless plans"

"Okay Typex, send them to me as soon as you can. Over"

Typex3 then sonly woke up swift from his eternal slumber and told him to head the Plans to Colonel Rizzit at the location given to him at the end of the alley way where Sam and the others where located.

"Okay Typex, I'll be there as soon as I can, with the plans safely in my possession," Swift said while equipping the trooper uniform and auxiliary items.

As Swift headed out from the hideout into the dark foggy city street, Typex3 walked over the two suspects.

"Now, I want the truth. If say anything offensive or unreliable, your lives will be endangered. So make sure you tell me what you know and do not know. I'm I making myself clear?" Typex3 said while staring at both of the suspects eyes with purity.

As the high galactic conversation began between both crooks and Typex3 continued, BV was still in his Deep Sleep being the only one not out on the midnight shift.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"You must unlearn what you have learned. Once you start down the dark path,
Forever will it dominate your destiny, Consume you it will"

Matherion
ComNet n00b

Matherion

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  12
June 29, 2006 11:46:21 PM    View the profile of Matherion 
Matherion looked around. Nothing but fog filled his view in either direction. He could see the lights from windows but nothing else. Not a thing moved in or our, even rom the cantinas. It's way too quiet. Math thought. Even a rookie stormtrooper like Math, could see something was amiss.

Walking down the street, he moved closer to the Glactic Games Stadium. He was on his first round of night duty, and he didn't want to screw things up.

Suddenly, he heard a noise behind him. Turning slowly, he looked behind him, while unholstering his pistol. He could see nothing but the cursed fog, but he knew he had heard something. Something odd...

Making his way back down the street, he finally made it to the stadium. Inside we're some people, aliens, the like. He was about to walk in when he heard the noise again. This time he whipped around and took out his pistol in one, fluid motion. Again nothing. He was beginning to wonder if...

"Take it nice and easy now. We don't want anyone to get hurt now, do we?" Said the Zabrak as it stepped out of the shadows, with a blaster pistol in one hand. The horns on it's head were mutilated and one was actually cut off. It's face had a skull like tatoo, which made it look ghostly in the fog.

On Matherion's right, a human cutthroat walked out with a blaster pistol in his hand as well. Two? Uh-oh... Matherion thought.

"Blieon, grab him! He's not going anywhere." The Zabrak said, motioning to the human. He started moving, but faltered, as if he thought Matherion to be a venomous snake.

"Grab him you fool! We must hurry!" The Zabrak sounded impatient now, as if it had somewhere to go. The human seemed to get bolder as he strode forward and grabbed Matherion's gun hand. He tried to fight back, but the Zabrak pushed his blaster pistol into his back.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..." He said coldly, and Matherion was forced to holster his pistol. The thugs were smart, but not smart enough to disarm their prey. They took him away, leaving nothing behind but footprints...

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Matherion/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2109
June 29, 2006 11:58:55 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit was thankful that his shift was over. Well, at least until Typex had contacted him (again). Rizzit was hoping to go back to his suite and sleep for what little time was available to him. As punishment for his hopes, Rizzit got to wait around for Swift to bring along the plans that Swift was delivering. It was still a mystery to Rizzit how Typex and crew managed to apprehend a group of suspects, let alone a bunch of people planning sabotage. Rizzit pulled out his comlink and contacted Giovanni. Rizzit wanted an update on the tracking of the black commandos. Gio wasn't answering his comlink whatsoever, and Rizzit grew even more impatient. It was already much later than he planned on being awake as it was, but having to actually be doing something: that was a bit more than he wanted to handle at the present moment. As if it were possible to read minds, Giovanni contacted Rizzit right as he was about to lose it.

"Sorry Rizz... had a bit of a situation here."

Giovanni had been busy setting up the radar to home in on the tracers that Ryan, Sam, and Rizzit placed on the commandos and their jetpacks not too much earlier. When the comlink beeped, Giovanni had his hands full with adjusting the transmitter, and trying to set up a make-shift word area made completely of empty crates. Giovanni was currently sitting on one crate, and had the tracking device sitting on another.

"Save the apology Gio. You never need them with me. What's going on?"

"Well, I've been tracking those commandos that you guys ran into. The jetpacks have seperated from their owners. Weird huh?"

"Not really. Our friends could have put the jetpacks down and taken off towards a cantina or somethingya."

"In any situation, you would be right. But I have two groups of tracking signals from the tracers you guys placed on them. The red group which I believe to be the jetpacks is heading in one direction. This other blue group, which I think are the commandos: they're going in a completely opposite direction."

Rizzit sat down on his bed. It usually wasn't like him to forsake a possible lead, but the people they were following were flat-out clowns. Rizzit had other things to worry about at the minute: Swift had just entered Rizzit's suite holding a datapad.

"Gio, keep working on that situation. Meet back here at dawn for the briefing. I might have another situation on my hands. I'll be in touch. Oh this is gonna be a long night..."

Swift approached Rizzit, who just stood up.  The trooper saluted Rizzit, who returned the salute.

"Greetings Colonel. I'm sorry to bother you."

"Its quite allright Private. I know why you're here. Good work." Rizzit said as he patted the trooper on the back. "By any chance did these people have jetpacks or anything?"

Swift shook his head slowly. "I'm afraid not sir. They were wearing black commando outfits however."

"Well, I'll look into this Swift. Once again good work."

Swift left the room, and Rizzit decided to lay down on his bed. He may have had to look over that datapad, but it was also late at night. If he was going to do this, he might as well do it comfortably. One thing that was on Rizzit's mind though, was how could there be two sets of commandos? This question was raised in his mind especially because he knew Typex's group had one set under their guard. Another set were a bunch of clowns...or so he thought. This was going to be one mission Rizzit knew he would not soon forget...

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 30, 2006 12:03:05 AM)]
LK-486
ComNet n00b

LK-486

Post Number:  22
June 30, 2006 10:42:36 AM    View the profile of LK-486 
As the two troopers followed Ezjarl through the labyrinth that was the Royal Palace, LK-486 took the time to draw his old scout blaster from the inside of his blue and yellow jacket. This pistol was the first he had ever been issued. While eleven years old, LK-486 had kept it maintained for emergencies. It would be as deadly to Ezjarl as it was to the first piece of Rebel scum LK-486 slew.

"Where are you going, Ezjarl?" LK-486 pondered. Suddenly, the two were in the main visitor's lobby. It was dark and deserted. Visiting hours appeared to be over, and the grandeur of the room was reduced to shadows and darkness. LK-486 noted Ezjarl walking briskly to the front doors, his overlarge black coat swishing as he walked.

LK-486 pulled up his pistol to end the threat, but Aphamos stopped him. Aphamos reasoned that they should at least figure out what the ruffian was up to&this "deal" sounded interesting. LK-486 nodded and lowered his blaster, but did not move his finger from the trigger. The two went out into the night, straight into the palace's front garden.

Strange topiaries loomed in the moonlight. The Royal Gardeners were excellent caretakers, and LK-486 spotted several different kinds of animals carved out of soil and shrubbery. These topiaries formed a gallery, lining the path that lead to the main gates. Aphamos swept his eyes around and declared that Ezjarl had disappeared. LK-486 nodded.

"We should split up," said LK-486 in a flat voice. "I will take this row," he said, pointing to the left. "You should patrol that one." He stated to Apahamos, pointing to the right. Aphamos nodded in agreement. The two went their separate ways.

Judging from the fact that nobody was allowed to leave or enter the palace until morning, LK-486 reasoned that Ezjarl must still be in the compound. Insects buzzed strangely as he patrolled the garden. The topiaries were just the start. The grounds seem to go on forever in fields of flowers, fountains, and statues. Suddenly he heard voices speaking.

"I have to get out tonight&my brother is in the palace, and it won't take long for whatever little friends he has to notice he is missing&

"Ezjarl, Ezjarl," said a soothing voice. "You worry far too much. I doubt any civilian, or even the buffoon milita on this planet is going to get in the way of this little deal. You have played your part well, but there is one last thing I will require you to do."

"You said this was the last part! A couple of dead bodies is going to arouse suspicion, and I don't want to be caught here when the Imperial goons arrive," Ezjarl said worriedly.

Ezjarl trailed off. LK-486 assumed the man had stopped him. "There is one last thing&Krovatin Stadium."

LK-486 crouched behind a bush and attempted to move forward, to hear the conversation better.

"Right. I-" Suddenly Ezjarl paused. "What was that?" LK-486 heard the cock of a blaster, and heard the footsteps of Ezjarl approaching. He held his breath as Ezjarl peeked into the bushes were he was&and with a grin pointed a pocket blaster directly in his face.

Before Ezjarl's arm was even level with his face, LK-486 reacted quickly, seizing the blaster and pointing it in another direction. With a yelp of pain, Ezjarl fired off one shot that sizzled into a thicket of bushes. With a mad glint in his eye, Ezjarl quickly looked over his shoulder, looking for the ally he had been speaking with. He snarled, and a second later was on his feet and running into the garden.

LK-486 fired off two shots from his blaster at Ezjarl, one splicing some bushes and the other missing Ezjarl's head by a mere inch.

Ezjarl tore through the bushes, uttering curses in every language he knew. His little derringer pistol was only good for one all mighty shot, and he had blown it. He cursed the man he was meeting with for making him come unarmed- like he would kill his business!

Regardless, his little brother was chasing him now through a labyrinth of shrubbery. He glanced over his shoulder, and saw LK-486 jogging along.

LK-486 couldn't let Ezjarl get away. As they rounded the back of the palace, LK-486 tried to squeeze off another shot while running, but the bolt ended up as a char mark on the palace wall instead.

Ezjarl crashed through a hedge, and LK-486 followed. Suddenly, LK-486 passed a confused Aphamos.

"Hey!" Aphamos called as LK-486 projected to him to kill the man he was chasing. With his own blaster, Aphamos managed to graze Ezjarl's arm. Ezjarl suddenly seized his left arm, but kept running. Judging by the fact that it wasn't smoking, he was probably ok.

The two troopers burst through another clump of bushes. Like a monkey, Ezjarl was climbing some creepers attached to the stone palace wall. Aiming carefully, LK-486 managed to get a shot off at him, but narrowly missed as Ezjarl jumped off the other side.

"The deal's done, Ezrain!" Ezjarl shouted. "Your Empire will soon know my fury!" And with that, he was gone.

LK-486 holstered his blaster. He had a sneaky suspicion that they hadn't seen the last of old Ezjarl&

-----------------------

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

Typex3
ComNet Initiate

Typex3

Post Number:  130
June 30, 2006 6:45:54 PM    View the profile of Typex3 
  Typex3 continued to hijack more information from the black commandos he kidnapped. After hours of investigation, the shift for Typex3 was over, but as eager to help Colonel Rizzit, Typex3 continued to question the black commandos. Unfortunately, the commandos stayed professional and told nothing to Private first class Typex3.

Typex3 without further or due, Whipped both of the Commandos with a neuronic whip. "Now tell me who's behind all this&.Who's your leader. Tell me or else, there will not be any life coming from your dentastik bodies". Typex3 said while glazing with fire in his eyes.

The two Commandos quickly holded the horrible pain inflicted by the whip, however after several direct inflictions, one of them spoke out in basic language; "Enough with this insolence, I will not speak over both of our dead bodies. Kill me you will, as for I will not forsake the danger that is coming your way"

Typex3 soon called Colonel Rizzit for further help; "Rizzit, We have a problem with the black commandos. They are hiding there Successor. In addition, there not giving away a single detail of information about anything. I think they are planning sabotage. Should I kill them?, They are getting on my nerves already"

"No Typex, Don't. We might need them for something else. Continue further questioning. I need to think, I will contact you when I find enough information about this types of commandos".

"Okay Colonel, 10-4"

Typex3 continued questioning when all of the sudden He heard " Okay, Will tell you in one condition&.Let us go free and never find us again" From the other commando.

"Typex3 with an Evil grin said at a calm voice; "Well, Well. What took you so long?, Now tell me the plans and I'll set you free"

Typex3 quickly untied them, watching them close by for any escape plans they had in mind. One of the Black commandos got up with Steel chains on his legs, and started to talk; "Very well then, here. A group of corrupted alliances has hired us. They will reward any insolent fools like us to please there pleasure of Destruction. They are four Types of commandos hired, both in pairs of 2's.

There are the black commandos, Red Commandos, and Blue commandos. Each of them have a special task on the galactic games, they are also located in different regions of the city.  We the Black commandos have been instructed to place 5 Nuclear Bombs in each of the Galactic games battlefields.

The other commandos are encharge of making sure they have the most possible attention so that we can make our move into location the Bombs in the right place. That's about everything that we Know, Now let us free"

Typex3 walked around in a circular pattern, He then though to himself; "Hum, it seems that this commandos are telling the truth".

As Typex3 got ready to call Colonel Rizzit one of the commandos raised up and said; "What about our freedom, let us go!"

Typex3 looked at the commandos direction and started laughing; "You Idiots actually though that I will set you free, your more retarded than I though. You two better shut your mouths before I blast you back from where you came from. Sit here I will be back, do not try to escape; I have installed cameras for surveillance".

Typex3 soon began to walk headed for a safe location where he cannot be heard, all of the sudden got a call from Freedom; "Typex, me and Knightwind have encountered two unidentified races lurking around"

"Report there description" typex3 said anxiously.

"They seem to be wearing Dark red suits, and shaded glasses"

"Hum&As them for further questioning, they might be what Rizzit and I been looking for"

Typex3 Hanged up his comlink, while getting his equipment earned at the CT Training back at the SPEC academy. "I need interrupt there communication", Typex3 said referring to the Commandos.

Typex3 quickly but calmly grabbed his basic Communication technician equipment, with other advance equipment such as; 

ALS: Active Long-range Sensors, DER: Dedicated Energy Receptors, EPR: Electro-Photo Receptors, FST: Full Spectrum Transceiver, PLS: Passive Long-range Sensor, STS: Short-range Target-acquiring Sensor, SJP: Sensor Jamming Projector.

Typex3 Quickly installed all his equipment back at camp, as the shift ended for him. His determination along with 7 cups of coffee did not let him sleep through the night. Typex3 undertook several minutes to get everything in place for him to work on searching and writing blueprints of the city of Euceron near the galactic games battlefields.

The determined young Typex3 first began to program several blueprints and Field maps of Euceron, He then Zoomed in at the city where the games where being hosted, his Military Data pad gave a therall explanation of the place. It took merely Hours for typex3 to fully understand the maps properties and Keys. Typex3 then drew a more complex blueprint inside the arena, with detailed information including the nuclear bomb placement and the previous location of the Commandos.

Typex3 configured the STS, and soon began to acquire the exact target of the blue unknown commandos. The STS Displayed a diagram and complex reading of there location and there route destination for that matter. Knowing where the Blue Commandos where headed and located, Typex3 quickly grabbed the DER to fully capture the spectrum image of both suspects, to hand them over to colonel Rizzit and Private First class Freedom Ordo.

After Typex3 had the field advantage with his blueprints and had located the blue commandos route destination, He was ready to undertake the SJP sensor Jamming projector. This devise enabled him to fully jam any communicative projector active in several miles away.

After a few wires to configurate in able to work the SJP, He finally jammed the blue Commandos Projector. That means that they had no communication from either there leader, nor there fellow teammates, the black and Red Commandos.

Now Typex3 moved to Phase 2 of his plans, He soon called Colonel Rizzit; "Colonel, I will now send you my current blueprints/Letter of Information in able to trap the blue commandos right in there tracks. I will try to send swift again since he has done a good job delivering the plans"

"Okay Typex, Send me the blueprints and information you have found about the Blue Commandos."

"I will send Swift right away, in the mean time I have bigger problems to face. I need to know where are the red commandos your guys saw with the jetpacks, the clown if I'm not mistaking. 10-4"

Typex3 contacted Swift; "Hey Swift, we have tight situation here, if you could please send this letter/Blueprints to Colonel Rizzit. Please, do not loose this information; the stake of the mission is in your hands Trooper.

After 3 hours after Typex3's shift, Swift returned and took of with the plans and blueprints safely in his hands.

Typex3 was although beginning to fall asleep after more than 10 hours of staying awake, way passed his shift. His determination began to wear off, while his eyes soon began to close, and his head rested along his datapad.

[OCC; Blueprint comming up soon]

-------Blue Commandos Information Letter-------
Current Time/Location: Euceron EST Galactic/ Stadium 31-D Sector 5-31
Route Destination: Blue Commandos Moving Eastwards to Docking Bay 2174 in our Luxury Sector.
Appearance: Dark red suits, shaded Glasses.
Weapons/Items: 1 Nuclear bomb activator, E-11 Blaster pistol.
Race: Anzati

[OCC; Blueprint comming up soon]

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

-=[DEATH UNSEEN]=-

Primary/Training MOS: 31 T Communication Technician

"The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 30, 2006 6:48:49 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 30, 2006 6:50:07 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited June 30, 2006 6:51:37 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2110
June 30, 2006 10:47:57 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The sun began to rise on Euceron. Light crept over the darkness on the ground, and slowly up the buildings. Eventually the only darkness on the planet was shadow. All searches had been temporarily called off, and those that were being detained were eventually disposed of. Typex and his group decided that no matter how long they detained them, they were not going to get anything further out of the group. LK-468 decided that the search for his brother would have to wait a while, and most of the others just woke up. The entire group of troopers and officers had gathered for yet another briefing. This was beginning to be a daily ritual for Rizzit.

"Again, thank you all for coming. Today, the games are going to start. Actually, its better to say that they will start tonite. The Opening Rituals will start tonite at sunset, which means that we'll be patrolling the streets for a good portion of the day."

Excitement filled the room. Many of the troopers were secretly planning on sneaking off to participate in the games. This would work out with their undercover plan. Being disguised as a contestant, the games could be more closely monitored. If a disturbance did occur, they would be right there to prevent it. On top of that, there would be everyone disguised as spectators and even more of them would be patrolling the streets.

"There is still a good amount of time before the Opening Rituals. Anything can happen, so I want every effort to be made so that sabotage is prevented. Last night more than one group of black commandos was spotted sneaking around. Furthermore, one group was apprehended and disposed of. Apparently, they are serving some higher authority and don't wont to say anything regaurding it. I want us to try and find out as much as we can before the games start tonight. LK, if your brother is involved: I want him brought in and questioned."

The officers were standing up against the back of the wall as usual. Rizzit began to reform the groups, and as he did each officer would step forward to collect their group then leave. Merrick was first. She was taking Christina, BV, Matherion, Knightfire, Freedon Ordo, and Mike Zenima to patrol the streets. Merrick made some sort of grumbling noise as she was leaving with her group, but didn't give any comments in particular.

Zafo's group was headed to the hangar. He was taking Swift_Wing, Jakireth, and Giovanni with him. There were still a good number of people coming on-planet. Zafo was still a bit tired from the night before, but he managed to keep a steady pace as he led his group to the hangar.

Darr-Rann was leading a group to the stands and shops in the area. Swoop shops especially needed to be watched, as well as check out any shady characters. He was going to take Eviscares, LK-486, Jennabelle, Phenix, Squall and Knightwind. With LK-486 in the group, that also meant they would be going after his brother. Darr collected his group dilligently and literally ran out of the room.

Rizzit was leading the final group. He was taking Kairo, Trix, Typex, Leon, RK, Garet, Sam, Rogueboy and Aphamos. They would be heading to stadium one for a good portion of the day. If any foul play was going to be attempted, what better chance then during the opening rituals would there be? It would cause a sense of fear and insecurity all around. Many would flee the planet if it were possible. Others would hide in fear hoping they would not be found out. Aside from checking out the stadiums, Rizzit also wanted to look into the commando situation from last night, especially the jetpacks. There was something that wasn't right about them splitting paths from their owners. He took his group and headed for the boulevard. From there, the signs would point them in the direction of Stadium One.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 1, 2006 11:23:33 PM)]
Eviscares
ComNet Member

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  344
Total Posts:  445
July 1, 2006 6:46:48 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
Darr and his group were sitting in the small transporter that would bring them to the market area, everyone was going through his Equipment again except for Eviscares who just sat at one of the tinted windows and stared outside. What had happened yesterday was still cluttering up his mind.

They, he and Trix, had followed the two podracers to the cantina to keep an eye on them. As they had said to be relatives the two had cuddled a lot and Eviscares was strangely comfortable with it. Nothing else had happened, the two podracers had proven to be nice guys after the second or third shot of whiskey, and agreed to get a pod for Trix. After that the two troopers had left the cantina and walked 'home' to the palace, Eviscares having his arm around Trix wrist who was leaning against his shoulder.

"Earth to Evis, whats up man? You look like you were lost...". Darrs voice got him back into reality. They had arrived at there destination and everybody was leaving the transport. The market area was sprawling with life now even more than yesterday, a miracle of sensory stimuli. The troopers around Darr moved to a little alley for some privacy, where they went through their orders one last time. This time they wouldn't break up into smaller groups as one of their main objectives was LK's brother. One last time everyone checked the placement of his more or less concealed weaponry, and Evis saw how Darr had a wicked smile on the face. Obviously he was eager for some action.
"Ok party, let's go.", he said and they were on the market area mainstreet again.

-----------------------

Raiders

Iron Horse Squad forever in my heart!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven".
Such is the Rule of Honor.
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  265
Total Posts:  1091
July 1, 2006 9:23:20 AM    View the profile of Leon 
The streets of Euceron were bustling with activity. Traders could be seen setting up stands, and some were already selling. "Alright everyone, let's get going. You see anything strange report it to me right away, other then that just act normal," The group of nine then started heading off to the stadium. The past few day's had been uneventful for Leon, all he did was sleep and walk around the city a little bit. The only thing he had done was sign up for the Blaster competition, and meet up with Sena and her brother to go eat.

It felt good to actually be doing something now, and he wanted a little action. Leon walked up to Aphamos who was in the front of the group and decided to start a little conversation with his good friend. Nudging Aphamos on the shoulder, he signaled him to drop to the back of the group. In a low tone, Leon spoke. "Did you sign up for any games?"

Aphamos took some time to think before he answered. "You'll just have to wait and see," Aphamos said with an evil grin.

"Aw you bastard, just tell me what you signed up for&please," Leon said, adding a big smile at the end.

"Sorry bud, like I said your just gonna have to wait and see."

"What ever. So did you have fun being kidnapped?"

"Yeah, lots of fun," Aphamos said with another evil little grin.

"Lucky, I didn't do much. But I did meet some girl on the public transport. She has a little brother and we've been hanging out often. She's gonna be competing in the sparring competition."

"Nice," Aphamos said with a dull tone.

At that Leon stopped the conversation seeing that Aphamos wasn't really in the mood for talk. The group walked on in silence, the occasional conversation going on every once in a while to make it look like they were tourists. Leon didn't see anybody looking to suspicious, just some people that looked like gangsters, but other then that, the trip was uneventful for Leon. Rizzit and Kairo could be seen at the head of the group, talking to each other and pointing at things with there eyes. Typex, Trix, and Rougeboy followed behind them, with RK and Sam trailing. Aphamos and Leon walked at the back, Leon mainly because he didn't know the people upfront too much, except for Rizzit and Kairo.

I wonder how Merrick is doing? She's probably glad to have me out of her group. Leon chuckled at the thought, as being the most annoying member in there squad, he also got picked on a lot. Getting screamed at every once in awhile, but that was all. It felt awkward not being with your original squad, Leon wondered why they had broken them up into groups, it seemed kind of pointless. Oh well, I better deal with it.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2111
July 1, 2006 10:36:22 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit led the group upto Stadium One. The neon signs pointing the way to the stadium were very helpful in finding the place. Of course, with all the people that were on the planet: no amount of signs would make ones trip to the stadium any shorter. The only real purpose of the signs was to help direct the "traffic" through the steets; to that extent, it served its purpose perfectly. At first sight, the stadium looked as large as (if not larger than) the palace. Outside the gates were two Euceron Security Gaurds. The gates were very large so that they could accomodate any creature that walked through, regaurdless of size. When Rizzit approached with the group, they were stopped in their tracks.

"I'm sorry sir, but the opening rituals won't start until sundown. We won't be opening the gates until a few hours before that."

Rizzit leaned in close to the gaurd and began to wisper. "I'm Colonel Rizzit of the Vast Empire. Your government or Ruling Power has asked us here as an undercover security measure. We want to look over the arena for signs of foul play. Do ya think you can let us in?"

The gaurd scoffed. "Do you think I was born yesterday bub? Nice try. Now get out of here before I lose my temper!"

Rizzit reached into his robes and pulled out a rolled up document with the Euceron crest on it. "I thought it might be a problem with you guys due to our being undercover. I asked Concetta Sarano to draw up this document for me."

The gaurd was shocked to see the crest on the document, but had to inspect the letter to see what it contained. Even if these strangers are who they say they are, there is no possible way that they should have these papers. "Let's see what we got here." The gaurd unfurled the letter and began to read it to himself.

These individuals have graciously agreed to come help keep Euceron a peaceful and secure place while the Galactic Games are in progress. I'm assuming the fact that you've seen this note means that you have denied them access to whatever it is they need. While I can understand your doubts, this is a direct order to let them do their job. They will not take advantage of their position, I trust them: as I trust you to let them through. I reward your efforts for questioning their authority, but I assure you: there will be far worse consequences if you hinder rather than help them.

Concetta A. Sarano
Ruling Power of Euceron

"Forgive me sir." The gaurd apologized. "You may proceed. OPEN THE GATES!"

"I'll need that paper back." Rizzit said as he leaned in close. "And keep our identity a secret. I can't have people finding out we're here."

"Not a problem sir! You're secret is safe with me! Oh, and here's your papers back!" The gaurd said as he handed the document back to Rizzit.

The Stadium Gates swung open to reveal a vast corridor. The stone architecture suggested that this stadium had been around for a lot longer than the group were used to. Then too, the planet was not all that big on technology. They had what they needed to get along, but nowhere near the amount as some of the core worlds such as Courscant would have. Rizzit and the group entered the cooridor, and the gates were swung shut. The cooridor was well lighted, due to the darkness of the cooridor. Rizzit noticed a switch on the wall as he entered. This must open the gates from this side, guess that's how we get out.

Outside the gate, the gaurd that gave Rizzit such a hard time was laughing with another gaurd. Being out of listening range, they began to have a conversation.

"Those Imperial Scumbags are so predictable! Let the boss know they've arrived on Euceron. I knew they'd show up sooner or later. Posing as security gaurds came in handy! Even the stormtroopers couldn't tell us apart!"

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  355
Total Posts:  814
July 2, 2006 7:17:54 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
*Before Jenny was on the market area main street*

Jenny was used to undercover missions, having times and again killing people who were in a terrorist group destroying Jenny's family, she had to use intellect and skill as she went undercover, went on the chase of the target, and killed him, but it wasn't always successful, but she had learned from those days. Jenny wore a shirt and pants, with her belt buckle strapped with her blaster pistol, the DL-54, and her XV-7 Vibrobayonet. A coat to finish off outside and she was ready.

The whole mission, to Jenny, took many turns, with all the listening devices that were set up in the quarters, the assassination attempt on one of the Ruling Powers' member, and now the Opening Ceremony nearing them.

As they quickly went through their orders, which were pretty obvious, with the exception of the fact about LK's brother, which Jenny had no idea about. As they walked down the market area main street, an odd but familiar voice rang in her ears, it was Ella, and the assassin from Tatooine, her boyfriend's grandfather's killer, alive?

Disbelieved, Jenny turned in that direction, and sure enough there she was. Her face suddenly turned upon Jenny and at that moment, Jenny dodged what could have been a fatal shot, escaped with a shoulder wound. Ella got from her stand with the pistol in her hand, laughing and spoke with that same malicious voice:

"So, Jenny, I had been expecting you, you see, ever since you left me to be fed to the rankor, I've learned never to back off to a point where you are trapped, which is what you are in now, so ----"

As Ella spoke happily, Jenny had gotten up and punched Ella's stomach as to once again shut her up. With that, the other people in the party started noticing and coming over, especially Darr, whom Jenny had served with back in Lancer.

"Jenny, what are you doing? Who is this?" Darr asked, with a questionable voice.

"It's Ella, one of my enemies from my past life; apparently I can't run from it, it will always haunt me." Jenny explained as Ella continued for her:

"Yes, it will, for me, Jenny, it was easily known that you should join the army, who else doesn't want to work their steps up the military ranks, you are like your mother in many ways, Jenny. Also Euceron, the imperial are bound to go here, with the games going on, it's the perfect place for an assassination. Past experiences does come in handy here, Jenny, for you have killed many of us, and some using the method of infilitration, maybe you heard about the assassination on Ambassador Concetta Sarano, the Ruling Power of Euceron." Ella sighed here, and then chuckled.

Jenny gasped. Ambassador Concetta Sarano, she's practically the ancestor of Liviano Sarano, accused of serious crimes, but let go under mysterious circumstances. Odd, how family history can burden you.

"Jenny, it's me, Rizz. Darr let me listen to the argument that you two have. It seems there's a lot that we don't know about you, Jenny, you're kind of a mysterious girl. Anyways, I'll tell this to you and the whole party." Rizzit said as he explained to the whole party:

"Concetta never wanted anything to do with this whole past family history; she basically hated to have any relations with Liviano. But the important thing is, Kairo was there by chance, and good chance it was, for if he wasn't there, Concetta would have been dead. We had reason to be suspicious of her. But after she told us about how the Ruling Powers are fighting for a Supreme among them, plus the fact that her planet will probably be stripped of their ability to hold the games. This is why, at the most important moment, we must choose a side. And I don't think Ella's one we should choose, especially if she had killed Jenny's boyfriend's grandfather. That is all. Thank you." And Rizzit signed off the comlinks of the party.

After a bit of digestion the information down, Ella, who of course was listening, said her last words, while laughing:

"Well, Jenny, try to think of me as one of the black commandos, because I am one of them. I signed up just to get revenge because you killed the only job that I valued in life. Yes, it was killing Fredrick's family, but I enjoyed it." With a swift swoosh of her coat, she ran off into the distance, leaving her stand and customers staring disbelieved at Jenny, who muttered to Darr:

"It's lucky it didn't get out of hand. I think we should go." With that they went back to their investigations.

OCC: finally, a post, please tell me what you think in the DD topic, I would love for any advice for improvement.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 2, 2006 7:19:34 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:56:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 113  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >