Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Galactic Games on Euceron
Eviscares
ComNet Member

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  330
Total Posts:  445
  RE: Galactic Games on Euceron
June 17, 2006 12:18:51 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
As Trix went down, Eviscares exploded into motion, like a spring let loose. Simultaneously stepping back wards and moving his elbow back, he hit his guard right in the stomach. Then with one fluid motion he leapt forward, flying over Trix head and coming to his feet with a roll.

Even though Trix and Eviscares never had had one second of training together, she reacted perfectly. The moment Eviscares was rolling behind her, she got up , using her Duffel bag as a weapon. As the bag hit the face of the man, the metallic Items in it made a clattering sound.

As Eviscares had turned around, Trix was just following through her initial hit with a sidekick. The Bodyguard had been paralyzed by their initial attacks, but was quickly getting back into the fight. He blocked the next of Trix kicks and started a counterattack, pushing her away.
As Eviscares looked around him he saw that the corridor was emptying rapidly, as no one wanted to be dragged into this. Eviscares waited for a moment, and exactly as Trix dodged an attack to the left, made 2 quick steps which led him into a high kick. Cursing in one of the many galactic languages the Bodyguard stumbled back wards as this had hit him completely off guard. Even though he might have looked like a little brat and often behaved like that Trix now found her way into the fight with ease. Using Eviscares kick as an opportunity, she rushed towards her enemy, the elbow stretched out. Groaning the Bodyguard went down.

Looking at the lying body at first and then at Trix, Eviscares smiled and signaled her thumbs up."Well done, thank you.", he said in a friendly voice.

Trix blushed a little but tried to play it cool:"No Problem. I figured you might need a hand."

Amused by this behavior, as it was a distinct signal of beeing green, Eviscares replied:"Yeah, I suppose I did. OH SHIT! The other one... Call the squad that they shall get here asap."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad forever in my heart!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven".
Such is the Rule of Honor.

TRP/CPL Eviscares/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  242
June 17, 2006 4:17:11 PM    View the profile of daminga 
"Ha!" smiled Daminga, "Beat ya again!"

Aphomos just frowned, still not understanding how he was losing.  Squall was looking over the back of their seats watching the game nd Darr was in and out of dreamland.  Trix had walked by a little bit ago and waved at the three of them and something like a smile appeared on her lips. 

What the.. thought Daminga.

"Hey, man, what are you blushing at?" asked Aphomos with a curious look. 

"Nothing....I think.  Another game?  Squall, you want in?"

Just then, they heard a comlink beep on.  They all looked over at their squad leader.  His comlink had awoken him from another cat nap.  With a groan of impatience he flipped it open and read the message typed out on it.  Darr suddenly stood up and started down the aisle on the other side of the compartment.  He glanced at his three Raiders and threw a finger pointing it towards the cantina area of the ship. 

"Alright boys, looks like somethings happening," said Squall as he got up and started after their squad leader with the other two in tow.

The doorway to the cantina area was strangely packed with all different types of creatures and species.  As they pushed their way through the crowd, the crowd suddenly was no more.  Daminga looked around the circle of onlookers, wondering what they were staring at. 

"What is this all about?" Darr asked Trix and Eviscare, who Daminga suddenly noticed standing in the center of the ring.  Eviscare had his foot on a guy laying on the ground on this stomach. 

This ought to be good, Daminga thought.

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited June 17, 2006 4:19:55 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  202
Total Posts:  1091
June 17, 2006 6:08:27 PM    View the profile of Leon 
"Th- that was the best meal I've ever had you're the best Leon." Andyr said. "Yea I know now lets start lookin for your si..." Leon's jaw dropped, the most beautiful woman Leon had ever seen was walking towards the bloated Andyr and Leon. She was upset, but still beautiful. She had long black hair, light brown skin... and her eyes were beautiful, they were a light green, but different.Different was exactly what they were. Leon had never seen eyes like that; the best word to describe them was gorgeous. And her body was magnificent!

"Andyr where have you been!? I was looking all over the place for you, you had me worried sick!" She took a pause to catch her breath and then spoke again... but looking at Leon. "And who is this?" She said in a stern voice.
"I-I'm" Leon stuttered out of nervousness, but Andyr saved him. "This is Leon! He bought me food, it was the best meal I've ever had!" Leon felt good, really good. "Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, is there any way I can repay you." Leon finally summoned his courage and spoke. "Naw, don't worry about it. Seriously I was just helping him out."

"Oh thank you so much, and by the way my names Sena, nice to meet you Leon." She held out her hand, waiting for Leon to shake it. "Yea nice to meet ya to." Leon really meant it. After leaving the restaurant, Andyr brought up the Galactic Games and told his sister that Leon would be competing in them.

"What event are you competing in?" Sena asked. "Well, I don't really know yet, but I have a feeling I'm probably gonna pick the Blaster Skill event."
"That's cool. I'm gonna compete in the Sparring tournament." Leon freaked when he heard this. Leon knew some of his friends in the Army were going to compete in that event, and they were monsters. Leon couldn't imagine such a beautiful girl like Sena sparring against them. On top of it all, she said it in the most confident tone of voice, she was definitely sure of herself. "Are you good at sparring? I mean, some of the people that are gonna be there are beasts." A smirk spread across her face when she heard this. "Believe me I know what I'm doing, lets just say I have my ways." She was really confident. But Leon still couldn't believe it. He wanted proof, but what confused Leon the most was that when she said it, she said it in a perfectly normal tone.

~Thirty minutes later~

After having a long conversation and getting to know each other, Sena asked Leon to do her a favor. "Leon, I've kind of got to go somewhere, A little business. Can you do me a favor and watch Andyr for me? Please?" With no hesitation Leon answered. "Yea no prob, just don't take to long." She smiled and then walked away. Something was up, Leon definitely new that. Whether it was bad or good, Leon didn't know. But he had a feeling that it was bad.

"You like her don't you?" Andyr said out of nowhere, and Leon wasn't going to lie either. "Yea I do, she's amazing man. I don't understand how someone as beautiful as her has such an ugly little thing as her brother." Andyr replied with a good hard kick in the shin, not really having an effect on Leon. "Watch it buddy, but do you know what she means by "business"? It doesn't sound to good, this business she's doing." A worried look came across Andyr's face, and when he looked up at Leon, he all ready new something was very wrong. "Your right it isn't good, I don't know what it is, but I know she's really good at stealing stuff, she's awesome. She does it to feed us, not because she likes it, but she has no other choice." Leon felt bad for them, really bad. He wish there was a way he could help them, but he didn't know how. The other thing that was bugging Leon was the feeling, whenever something bad was going to happen, he always got this feeling. After standing there for a couple of minutes more, Leon took Andyr back to where his squad was seated, and dived back into his thoughts.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Just want some respect... thats all.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited June 17, 2006 6:09:55 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Marshal

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  445
Total Posts:  659
June 17, 2006 8:20:27 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
(OOC: You make her sound like a prostitute, every time without fail.

P.S. Why's she look EXACTLY the same as my character? )

-----------------------
NightStalkers
XO/CPT Merrick/VEA/TADATH/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
SL/CPT Merrick/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Verastinian Republic - Minister of Subversion
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited June 19, 2006 11:22:42 PM)]
Trix
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  136
June 17, 2006 11:37:01 PM    View the profile of Trix 
Surprise were written on the Raiders' faces at the scene in front of them.Darr-Rann calmly walked up to Evis.
"How much did Bob have to drink?" he asked nonchalantly as he motioned his head to knocked out bodyguard. Evis smirked at this.
"Way to much. So! Lets take him somewhere safe and sound. Sorry for the trouble people! My friend got to much of a drink to handle it." Evis said loud enough for citizens near enough him to hear. Hopefully pending on society's curiosity they would spread the news around to curious bystanders and avoid suspicion for time being.

"Come one, lets get you back to your seats Bob. " Evis slung the guy with ease over his shoulder and started making his way through the crowds. The crowds satisfied with the story immediately went their own way as well so it was with little difficulty that the squad managed to sneak into a men's-bathroom. Luckily empty. Once inside Daminga and Squall grabbed hold of a steel bench situated at the door for those who had to wait their turns. With little ease they managed to tip it against the door and for the time being they had the bathroom to themselves. Evis meanwhile was explaining the situation to Darr-Rann as they serached the captive for any weapons and explosive and other details.

The bathroom had several private stalls, and some urine basins located on the one side while showers and sinks were on the other side. A gentle melody was playing through on of the speakers, Aphamos was running pre-checks to see if the bathroom was wired, which it wasn't. Evis dropped the man to the tiled floor with a thump and joined Darr-Rann's side. Trix remained at the man's side clutching her duffel-bag tightly.

Bob was coming by at that time and by the looks and groans of it could actually fit in with a hangover. He seemed to overcome his pain when he managed to sum up the situation. He tried to bolt to the door, but the muzzle of a DC-15 were met with his forehead.
"Stay and live. Move and die." warned Trix in a slight whisper. She looked at Darr-Rann for orders but he seemed suddenly very far away and lost as he stared at her in shock.
"Your voice...why does it sound like-" he broke off realizing where he was.
"What-"
"Nothing he snapped before he grabbed the newly dubbed-Bob by his collar and slammed him against the  nearest wall.
"Here for the games? are you?"
Bob glared at Darr-Rann before he spat in his face in which Evis' fist made connection with Bob's jaw. Darr-Rann dropped Bob to floor and walked to the nearest sink and washed his face while Aphomos took the interrogation up with. Before they could continue however a sharp knock were heard.
"OPEN UP, THIS IS SECURITY!"
Stunned the squad wasted no time and pushed Trix into the nearest stall before she had any complaints.
"In you go Princess." muttered Evis shutting the door close tightly. She forgot her outrage at the nick when the stench of urine and other smells made their way into her nose before she could pinch it and it was with difficulty she managed to suppress her outrage at this.
"Yeah, yeah, just hold a second!" yelled Squall to the guards as he and Daminga took hold of the bench. Aphomos and Darr-Rann mean while knocked Bob out again to avoid confrontation with the security.
"Ready?" asked Squall. The squad nodded and he pulled the bench away. The guards came tumbling through doorway not expecting it to open that easily. Composing themselves quickly a sturdy man approaching his forties neared Darr-Rann.
"Some of the civilians saw you dragging a unconscious man and a girl in the bathrooms, please show ID, as well as explain this rumor."
Scratching his head Evis let out a hearty laugh as the squad got their fake ID's out.
"Its amazing how tails get lashed on, yeah, Bob here had a bit to much to drink so we had to drag him here and right now we are trying sober him up." An awkward silence passed as the guards stared at them suspiciously while they were going through the IDs.
"Why was the door blocked when we wanted to come in?"
Another silence passed before Darr-Rann spoke up.
"Bobbie has always bin a bit moody when he got much in, so we thought it would be best to sort him out away from public." Darr-Rann held his breath praying that the guards believe him.
"And the girl? You mind if we search the stalls? We can't have a rep for men taking girls to the bathroom." Squall went in a state of coughs suddenly while the rest of the squad paled.
"S-Sure" stuttered Darr-Rann nervously.

Confident about the tip-off the three guards started going through the stalls one by one. Each door creaked with anticipation as it was swung open. The nearer they got to Trix' hiding stall the more nervous Darr-Rann got but when they reached Trix' stall it was...empty. With widening eyes the squad held their cool. Darr-Rann's eyes flicked to the ceiling. The spot above the stall in which Trix hid had a ventilator shaft. He smirked and caught Evis' eyes who also saw it.

"As I said, its amazing the tails a story gets isn't it?" snickered Evis at the stunned and disappointed guards who handed them their ID cards back.
"I dunno about the tails, but we'll we watching you. Get back to your seats. Your friend will be sober when we reach Euceron." warned one of them before they exited the bathroom.

Static buzzed on Darr-Rann's wrsit Comm before a familiar feminine voice talked.
"You know how these shafts smells!"
Darr-Rann snickered relieved.
"Don't worry princess, lets just sort Bob out and then get off this ship. Try and find a opening shaft to the girl's bathrooms, or go have a look around on the ship. The shafts leads every where." ordered Darr-Rann with a grin. Trix grumbled something about men but went none the less crawling through the small shafts with difficulty.
"So, what do we do about Bob? We don't know when that guy goes physco." Evis looked at Darr-Rann with a worried glance.
-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

TRP/PFC Trix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
'Life is like mail. You sometimes just don't get it'
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited June 17, 2006 11:51:01 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  537
Total Posts:  1348
June 18, 2006 12:36:54 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Gio walked out of the ring victoriously, maybe a little too happy that he just beat the crap out of Typex. Sam and Zafo glanced at each other and entered the ring with the 'Goons cheering them on. Just as Gio was about to start it, a beeping sound went off in the hangar. Everyone fell silent and looked around. Zafo perked up when he remembered.

"Oh, that's me," he said, pulling a metal device off of his waist. "Giovanni, Garet, go to the cockpit we're nearing Euceron." Gio was more than upset when ZaFo said this, but Garet was thankful he didn't have to witness more fine soldiers beating each other, especially his Squad Leader.

As the two took their seats in the cockpit, the ship rumbled out of hyperspace. Euceron loomed in the window. "Welcome to the Galactic Games," Garet said with a smile. Gio looked over and smirked back. Fifteen minutes later and they were in the atmosphere. Traffic was starting to build up for the games, but it was nowhere near what it would be when the games start. Gio received the landing designation, and plugged it into the navigation computer.

The yacht followed many other ships that were going to landing pads. The majority of the ships were much smaller, probably freighters, and they were swerving off to what looked like an enormous landing pad used for events such as the Galactic Games. However, instead of following suite, the yacht stayed on course to a different landing area. Up ahead was a large wall full of horizontal openings. The yacht veered itself into one of these openings.

"What's up with this?" Gio asked. Garet couldn't respond because he had no idea. At this point, Zafo walked in and leaned over Garet's chair.

Without missing a beat he asked "What's up with this? Where are all the ships?"

Gio and Garet just stayed silent as the yacht bumped to the solid ground. "Let's go outside..." ZaFo stated as the three leaders left the cockpit.

The rest of the Squad was just coming up from the cargo bay. "Grab your things," Gio said as the hatch to the outside opened. Bright light flooded in and temporarily blinded the eyes that had been in the darkness of space. ZaFo, Giovanni, and Garet were greeted by a droid as they stepped out.

"Welcome to Docking Bay 2174 in our Luxury Sector. I am DBD-2174, may I be of assistance?" the droid asked in its mechanical voice.

"Luxury Sector?" Zafo asked.

"Yes," the droid responded, "Your yacht's ship signature indicated that you were traveling in a luxury ship. We on Euceron like to treat our most important guests with only the most pleasing service possible. We have placed you in private hangar to assure safety of your vessel. Is this not what you would like?"

Gio decided to take initiative here. "No no, this is exactly what we want. Thank you droid." He looked over to ZaFo and made a face that said "Oh yes."

Zafo looked back to the droid. "Where do we go from here?"

"At the end of hall, as you exit the hangar, there is a shuttle bay. A private shuttle shall take you and your belongings to your private suite. Unfortunately, if you wish to leave, you will have to take public transportation. Unless, of course, you brought a shuttle of your own."

"Just one more question," Zafo started again, "What is all this costing?"

The droid seem taken aback. "These services are free for the duration of the Galactic Games. As I stated before, we on Euceron appreciate our important guests. We believe that our patrons deserve a reward."

The three 'Goons smiled at each other. They knew they had it all now. "Thanks DBD," ZaFo said. "We'll take it from here."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

FTL/SGT Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  891
Total Posts:  1338
June 18, 2006 2:56:30 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  After scaring RK half out of his body, Kairo went back into his room and locked the door, again. Sliding down into his seat, he continued to read the over view of the past three Galactic Games. Things seemed to always go wrong at the proceedings-violent outbreaks, assassinations of political leaders who had come to watch the games, riots in the streets, and a few sabotage attempts had also taken place, though the culprits were never found. What worried Kairo the most were the assassinations. Any powerful political leaders that attended were a potential target. It seemed almost impossible to guard all of the possible people that could attend. Of course, who said he would actually guard a New Republic official. Sometimes the guards just couldn't stop it from happening. When did I get so cold? Oh right, when my family was killed.

The next danger was the sabotage factor. If anyone snuck off to participate in a competition, they weren't just going to have some fun. Many dangers revolved around the contestants, and not just in the ring. Bidders and betters liked to make sure the major competition against their contestant wouldn't pose any trouble. Anyone who managed to "disappear" for awhile would have to look after themselves almost more than if they were just on guard patrol. You going to take your own advise? A voice in the back of Kairo's mind whispered with a laugh.

Be quiet. Kairo thought back, shocking himself that he actually responded to the voice. "It's not real." He whispered quietly. Returning to the terminal, he examined probably the least potential threat. They were bound to happen, but the squads should be well trained enough to take care of a few street fights and mobs. Though they were what the squads' main goal would probably be, in Kairo's view, they didn't seem to be that much of a threat as long as they were contained quickly enough.

A loud crash from somewhere in the ship jarred Kairo from his thoughts. Rushing to his feet, he slipped from his room and moved down the hall. A moment later, he was in the main middle room where the squad was supposed to be. BV was now playing with Ryan. Both looked up and shook their heads, perfect looks of innocence on their faces. Kairo left the room and walked down the rest of the hall, now on the left side of the ship, where a modified access hatch was closed. "Hey, what was the noise?" Andrew asked, appearing off to Kairo's right.

"Looking down the left side were you?" Kairo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I like to explore."

"I take it the noise didn't come from that direction then," Kairo asked, pointing back down the hall Andrew had come from. Andrew nodded. A shattering of glass emanated from behind Kairo. Spinning around, he pulled open a door that sealed off the storage area. "Well, I guess we found our culprits." Yillis was halfway stuck in a box marked fragile, and standing over him was Phenix whose right foot had just broken a jar of some substance.

"Uh, it was his fault." Phenix said, pointing at Yillis.
  "Hey, it was too dark to see that the box was marked fragile." Yillis tried to defend himself.

"You might want to wipe that stuff off your boot, Phenix, its corrosive." Kairo stated, tossing a towel that had been hanging on a peg to him. "And Yillis, just get out of the container already. You can't cause any more harm by lifting yourself out." Yillis quickly wrenched himself from the box and brushed off his back. "I advise you leave now, before I find out what you broke." Kairo glared at Yillis. A moment later, only three men remained in the room. "That trooper causes more harm than good," Kairo said exasperatedly.

"What did he break?" Andrew asked, stepping farther into the room to get a better look into the box.

"Some spare engine parts apparently, that is to say, fragile power cores and the like. Just pray we don't have engine failure." Kairo laughed.

"Sorry about the, bottle?" Phenix said, bending down to wipe up the rest of the gunk.

"That's fine. It was pretty cheap." Kairo explained with sincerity. "You can pay me the ten thousand credits some other time."

"What the hell is this stuff that it costs that much?" Phenix said hoarsely.

"Better for me not to tell you. Anyways, I can replace this stuff some other time."

"Hey, what's this?" Andrew said, pushing the box aside to reveal a grip hold in the floor.

Kairo's voice wasn't cheerful anymore. "I highly advise you don't lift that up."

Whether it was his voice or the way the shadows played across Kairo's features, Andrew let go of the grip. "Ok then. Uh, well, I'll just go back to the main room." Slipping from the room, he left Phenix alone with Kairo.

"Something the matter?" Phenix asked worriedly, placing the towel back on the peg.

"Nope, everything is fine." Kairo said, kicking the box so it slid back to covering up the grip. "Shall we?" Kairo said, motioning out of the closet. "I think we'll be arriving soon." As if on cue, a tone rang through the ship, signaling the departure from lightspeed. Running down the hall, Kairo and Phenix lurched into the cockpit and slid into their respective chairs. Kairo didn't even mind Phenix assuming co-pilot duties. He just hoped Phenix actually knew what he was doing. Euceron laid before them, a glowing ball in the blackness of space. Clouds whipped across its surface, and a few ships could be seen floating in orbit while others could be seen arriving and leaving. Even though the Galactic Games hadn't started yet, Euceron was still a planet with trade and a life.

After awhile, Kairo had brought the ship through the atmosphere and was guiding it toward Eusebus when he received their landing coordinates. "Heh, putting us in with the rest of the freighters. I guess they assume we're traders. Oh well, that works for us. Landing area D-40 it is."

"Does that mean we actually have to act like traders?" Phenix asked, getting up from his seat to go inform the rest of the squad about their imminent arrival.

"Just if someone greets us. Don't worry; I can handle it if that happens." Kairo said, bringing the ship to bear on the landing platform. He wasn't used to landing above the city, but it wasn't any different when flying where you landed. Smoothly placing the ship between two other freighters, Kairo put the ship through its system shut down procedure and also initiated its protection measures. Anyone trying to sneak on board would have quite a bit of fun. Leaving the cockpit, Kairo went to his room and got his weapons, which he had taken off during the flight. Placing them back in their respective places, he also grabbed his datapad and a black cloak. While he put it on, Kairo strode through the ship to the access ramp, where the rest of the squad was waiting with the ramp already lowered. "A little anxious?" Kairo asked, gliding down the ramp.

There was no greeter in sight. "I guess they assume we know our way probably, since a trader doesn't go someplace unless he knows where he's going." Kairo said to the squad. "Ok then, let's go check in to some establishment near the center of the city, and then I'll get in contact with Rizzit."

"Why the center?" Slash asked.

"The stadiums for the competitions are spread out through the city, so if we are located in the center of the city, it will be an equal trip to almost anywhere we have to protect. Also, the main office building for the politician and ruling powers is located near the center of the city. It also happens to be good area to know the main feelings of the locals since it is a central hub for all transport stations. All in all, it's the perfect place." Kairo explained as he walked across the landing platform. Entering one of the turbolifts, he waited until the squad had filed in behind him then hit the button to take them down to the planet.

"What about our stuff?" Phenix asked.

"You can come back for it later when I'm meeting with Rizzit and getting our orders." Kairo took a deep breath. Well, we've arrived. Now we just need to make sure things go smoothly and get out of here without having our heads snapped off by either the Ruling Powers or some riot group.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/GSG Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2099
Total Posts:  2943
June 18, 2006 8:50:19 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Euceron was certainly one of the more beautiful desert-planets Rizzit had been to. Despite it being a desert planet, there still was grass and other shubberies growing here and there on the planet. The city of Eusebus was no exception to this. After taking a good amount of time to look around, Rizzit had finally reached Euceron Palace. The palace was similar to the Palace on Naboo in most respects. Obviously, the climate wasn't anywhere near the cool temperature on Naboo; there was however many statues and artwork throughout the hallways.

Upon entering the palace, Rizzit was immediately shown to the main chambers where he was instructed to wait. While he was waiting for the Ruling Power to arrive, his comlink began to beep. When Rizzit picked it up, a small LED was flashing red. Rizzit activated the comlink.

"Go ahead, this is Rizzit."

"Rizz, this is Kairo. I'm here on Euceron. We made it here relatively well, but one of my squad members may find himself among the dead soon..."

"Why do I get the feeling that I shouldn't ask why?" Rizzit joked.

"Prolly 'cause you shouldn't. We should meet up and hope that the others get here soon. My squad is on the main boulevard and will stay there for the time being."

"I'm here at Euceron Palace. I'm in the main chambers right now, waiting for the Ruling Power to arrive. I was hoping that I could get into our quarters until the rest of you arrived, but I'm thinking that won't happen. I'm aware that two of the squads took public transport, so they'll prolly arrive with the rest of the tourists."

"Alright Rizz, I'll see you there shortly." Kairo said as he closed the channel.

Rizzit noticed a rather large mirror in the main chambers, he took this opportunity to look himself over. At first glance, he looked like an elegant citizen of some other planet. His robes were made completely of silk and other precious materials. He definately wouldn't pass for a Euceron citizen, but no one would think he was an undercover security gaurd.

One Hour later.....

Kairo walked into the Main Chambers and met up with Rizzit. He no sooner walked into the room and began to laugh immediately. Rizzit looked around for something silly, but when he had no luck: just stared at Kairo for a bit.

"By any chance is something funny?" Rizzit asked, getting slightly irritated.

Kairo kept laughing, but managed to say "I'm....sorry....Rizz." While he laughed. "You....just....look....like....a.....t.....tourist." Once he finished, he started laughing harder.

At this point, Rizzit was quite irritated. "Well at least I don't look like a suspicious character in a black cloak."

Kairo was about to make a witty remark, but found himself interrupted. A masked character dressed in red and green entered the room with a blaster rifle armed and ready. "Nobody move! I want your weapons on the floor and hands where I can see them!"

-----------------------
Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

Post Number:  895
June 18, 2006 10:31:30 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Great, first day here, and some nut job is already trying to kill me. Well, probably Rizzit first. Turning slowly around, Kairo holding his hands in front of himself in the intergalactic symbol for "Don't shoot me." As his eyes fell on the man, Kairo almost couldn't help breaking out laughing again, even though a blaster was pointed right at his head.

The man's outfit had something to be desired as fearsome. The red and green offset each other in the most clashing way possible. His armor had been completely painted red with his gloves, boots, and a slash going across his breast plate a bright green. The helmet looked like it was one size too small and left a gap between his chest and his helmet, exposing his neck slightly. Kairo was completely amazed at how this buffoon had possibly made it passed security in the first place. Tilting his head to the side, Kairo saw a jetpack attached to the back of the apparent assassin. Oh.

"I said put your weapons on the ground. Especially you," the man waved his blaster at Kairo, "You're type tend to carry a blaster or two." My type? Kairo thought offended as he pulled out his Kylon-3 and holdout blaster and slid them across the floor toward the man. Rizzit pulled his own blaster out of his silk garments and slid it across the floor. "Now, I want you up against that wall and. . ." A beep from Rizzit's comlink cut him off. Spinning to point his gun at Rizzit, the man seemed to completely forget about Kairo. "Don't answer i, Gluh, uhh." The would-be killer couldn't finish his sentence. A knife had flashed through the gap where his armor and helmet didn't meet, grazing the side of his neck, while a second blade protruded from his wrist, causing him to drop his weapon harmlessly.

"This is Rizzit," Rizzit said calmly, as if nothing had even happened, and turned his back on Kairo and the gurgling man. "Ah good, so you landed. That's good to hear. Come to the Euceron Palace as soon as possible. They've provided us with a very. . . colorful welcome." Clicking off his comlink, Rizzit turned and joined Kairo, who was now standing over the man. Rubbing his throat reflexively, Rizzit said, "Nice throw, but how did he end up on the floor?"

"He may have received a kick shortly after the second knife,." Kairo said, glancing up as four guards rushed into the room, guns held at the ready. "You're a little late, but if you hurry up, he won't die. Though, he might only have thirty seconds if no one stops that blood flow pumping out of his neck." Kairo crossed his arms. "So, can we expect more fun like this, Rizzit?"

"Probably," the guards had rushed over and were already carrying the man away, as if this sort of thing happened every day. "Oh, that was Zafo by the way. He should be here in a little while. By the way, do you think he was actually after us?"

"Not likely. We just got in his way to those doors." Kairo pointed toward a set of doors at the end of the hall that led to where the Ruling Powers were going to greet them later.

"My thoughts exactly, otherwise I would consider that an insult, trying to kill two trained Imperial soldiers with, that." Rizzit bent down and picked up his blaster, placing it back into his clothes. Bored, Kairo slid his boot under his Kylon-3 and kicked it into the air. Snatching it, he placed it into jos holster. Raising an eyebrow, Rizzit asked, "Was there a point to that?"

Bending down to pick up his holdout blaster, Kairo responded, "Nope, just bored. How long until they'll great us anyways?"

"Not until at least three Imperial soldiers are here, so until Zafo gets here. Don't ask me why it has to be three." Rizzit forestalled Kairo's obvious question.

Closing his mouth, Kairo strolled over to a provided bench, sat down, and leaned against the wall. Shutting his eyes, he said, "Wake me when he gets here then."

***An Hour and A Half Later***

"What took you so long?" Kairo asked, getting up from his position on the bench as Zafo entered the chamber.

"Apparently, the Dark Dragoons were taken for 'important guests', and are thus staying in one of the more ritzy sectors." Rizzit explained, rolling his eyes at the end.

"Uh, heheh, yeah, that's about it." Zafo grinned.

Kairo slowly blinked and yawned. It always seems like DD gets put up in the good places for these types of events. Too bad they're starting to get a reputation for it. It's starting to lose its charm. "So, how about now, Rizzit?"

Rizzit shrugged. "It really isn't up to me. They can keep us waiting a whole day if they like. We don't exactly have this planet in our Imperial territory."

Kairo fell back onto the bench. "Great. Well, while we're waiting, can you ask them to send us another assassin? I'm getting bored again."

"Assassin?" Zafo asked, turning to Rizzit.

"Yeah, that's what the colorful welcome was." Rizzit sat down on another bench and raised and bent his arms, placing his head in his linked hands.

Zafo's jaw almost dropped open at the two nonchalant attitudes of his superiors toward the danger they may have been in. "It was colorful alright. Wake me when someone shows up to greet us, k, Zafo?" Kairo said absently, lost in his own thoughts.

(OOC Like I agreed upon Rizzit, Zafo would provide the distraction. Probably not what you had in mind though... )

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  542
June 19, 2006 3:56:42 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet was the last one to enter the luxury suite. Everyone was acting like kids in a candy store, staring all googley eyed at the furnishings and actual space. It was at least four times bigger than Garet's condo back on Tadath, with two floors, ten bedrooms, a kitchen, three bathrooms, and a very large lounging area reminiscent of their place in Pau City. Bags full of discrete clothing had been thrown all over the room in the excitement of such treatment. Gio and Garet seemed to be the only ones who weren't all giddy and running around.

"Where'd ZaFo go?" Garet asked as he threw his bag on the floor.

"Rizzit got in contact. Seems like we arrived just on time, huh?" Gio responded. He seemed a little more sober.

Garet gave a little grunt to acknowledge the fact. "I'm gonna go take my Orbitblade out for a spin. Make sure it still runs. See ya round," Garet spoke nonchalantly towards Gio. He didn't want the responsibility of babysitter right now.

"What a second!" Gio said in protest. "Don't leave me here with these guys, they're crazy! Garet, wa- Garet!" He had already left.

---

Garet soared through the sky in his small airspeeder. Above, ships were coming out of space and into the atmosphere, assumingly coming to the games. Euceron was going to be a lot more crowded in a couple days. But for now, Garet had the skies mostly to himself. He pushed the throttle farther and gaining speed.

The sands of Euceron waved below Garet as he traveled away from the city. Occasionally, a speeder or swoop would pass below him on it's way to the city. After a good five minutes, he landed the Orbitblade onto the sandy surface. Hot air immediately made Garet sweat as he stepped out. Perhaps a suit was too much for a desert planet.

Garet leaned up against his speeder in thought. He was debating whether or not to fulfill his duty, or fulfill his temptation. Almost as if the desert sand answered his question, Garet decided what to do. He hopped in and flew back to the city.

---

The streets of Euceron were already set up for the games. Colorful banners hung everywhere and street vendors lined the streets in search for customers. Garet stood out like a sore thumb, unfortunately. He had expected people to dress a little nicer than they did, but Garet supposed hometown pride had taken over every species' minds. What a headache, Garet thought as he paused to stare into the spectrum of color.

Going back on task, he continued on his route. Soon enough, he had reached his destination. He was standing in a very large plaza that was covered in cement, metal, and neon signs. A shadow barely reached his feet; a large building loomed in front of him, almost erasing the skyline. At least 30 different languages were stamped on it someplace, all saying the same thing. In Galactic Basic, it read "Stadium Eight". Without much pause, Garet walked inside.

Like the city outside, the Arena was lavished with all different colors and banners, but unlike the city, it was almost completely empty. There was a counter at the back of the main hall area with an enormous banner over it. It had pictures of all the past winners of the Sparring Event, and left room for this year's winner. Garet felt intimidated, being in the "presence" of some of the Galaxy's greatest, but walked up to the counter in hopes of putting his picture up on the banner.

A droid stood behind the counter awaiting the talk with Garet.

"Hello, I am SD-08, welcome to Stadium Eight. May I be of assistance?" The droid sounded similar to the one in the private hangar.

Garet slowly took of his sunglasses and put them on the inside pocket of his shirt. "Yes, you may," he answered the droid, trying to sound suave and tough at the same time. "I'm here to participate in the Sparring Event."

"Are you certain? A human so young has never participated in such a dangerous event."

Garet ignored the "youth" comment, took a deep breath, and continued. "Yes, I'm certain."

"Right this way," the droid said as it started to trot off.

An hour and a few waivers and disclaimers later, Garet stepped outside. The sunlight had almost completely faded away. He pulled his glasses out of his pocket and slid them on. The walk back would be a long one.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  108
Total Posts:  794
June 19, 2006 5:27:59 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam dumped his stuff near his area of the hotel suite. Garet had just rushed out of the suite with his orbitblade. Gio started his attempt at settling down the rest of the squad.

Sam plopped himself into a sofa chair to relax some, ignoring the comotion the rest of the squad. He started to relive the heated battle between himself and Zafo. The two had known each other their entire careers in the Vast Empire, but they had been paired up to spar on the trip to the Galactic Games.

Sam stood waiting in the middle of the ring with his normal off duty attire, dark black duster, black pants, simple white shirt, and black socks. Zafo entered the ring, no shirt, no shoes, and Imperial grey pants.

The two stared at each other for what seemed to be an hour, knowing that this upcoming fight was going to a difficult one for both of them. Then Knight stepped into the ring and dropped his hand and said, "Fight."

Sam began to strafe to the right and Zafo to the left. The rest of the squad stood around the circle cheering and clapping. Both combatants began to size up each other. The fighter's eyes were locked in a gaze that could burn a wookie bald with in a matter of moments.

Sam's eye twitched breaking the eye contact and Zafo took this as a moment for an attack. Zafo threw a strong right hook colliding with Sam's jaw. The sound of the hit silenced the surrounding Dragoons for a split second and the echo rang through out the empty cargo bay.

Zafo backed off. Sam, not even wincing from the blow, smiled and tossed his cloak to the side.

"So that is how you want to play," Sam chuckled, "I think I can do that."

Sam leaped forward sending a solid blow to Zafo's chest. The force of Sam's entire weight caused Zafo to take a step back to keep from falling over. Zafo quickly recovered and sent another blow to Sam's jaw. The amazing will power of zabraks once again kept Sam from wincing, though this time Sam had to step back to maintain balance.

Then as if both combatants new what the other was going to do, the two began to throw punches at the other quickly and solidly. Hit after hit, the cheers from the bystanders seemed to grow louder and louder. It seemed as if the two had no idea that they were getting hit at all.

"You...are...going...to...have...to...quit...sometime," Zafo muttered as the trading of blows continued.

"So...are...you," Sam replied.

This went on for about ten minutes, blow after blow the two fighters seemed to gain more energy, rather than become tired. Then the two threw all they had into one blow simultaneously knocking both of them away from one another.

During this pause Gio entered the cargo bay and reported that Euceron is only a few minutes away. He paused and looked at Zafo and Sam.

"You guys aren't done yet?" Gio asked, "Let's just call it a draw for now. We will be landing shortly. This way you guys can get cleaned up and what not."

Zafo and Sam nodded in agreement. They approached each other and shook hands firmly.

"I'll get you on the way back," Sam muttered.

"Good luck with that," Zafo replied.

Sam was broken out of his trance by Gio, sitting in the chair next to him trying to catch his breath.

"Finally, I settled them down enough so they don't start tearing down this place," Gio said with a sigh of relief.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

Sandwich Sam -- Giver of Life to the HDDs that have crossed over
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited June 19, 2006 5:29:05 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 19, 2006 8:32:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited June 19, 2006 11:27:52 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  226
Total Posts:  1091
June 19, 2006 6:48:31 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Should I go after her and stop her&or should I just wait. That question kept running through Leon's head when he found out that Sena was a thief. She could get seriously hurt, and if something happened to her, Andyr would be left with nothing. On the other hand, Leon barely new them, he could just report them to the authorities and have nothing to do with either of them. But, that wasn't Leon.

What the hell did I get myself into. Leon thought as he stood up from where he was sitting. Andyr was passed out, and you couldn't blame the kid either. It was his first big meal in a long long time. The rest of the Night Stalkers were in dreamland, Swift letting out the occasional snore every once in awhile.Better hurry up before something bad happens to her.

~Twenty minutes later~

Dammit this place is huge, I'll never find her, Leon thought as he walked into the third restaurant in a row. It was a nice place, but not packed. It was smaller then the restaurant they ate at before, but different. There were private booths on either side of the restaurant, and the rest were small little tables for two. Leon guessed that this was a place where couples could go to relax, and spend some time together. A few couples could be seen eating together, and most of the booths were empty. There were no living waiters, all of them were droids. Just when Leon was about to leave he saw three nicely dressed men walk in the restaurant. The way they dressed was nice, but there facial expressions didn't look too good. They looked like they were in there late forty's.

The one in the middle had black hair with gray sideburns, and black eyes. He was a bit chubby and was around 5'9. The one on the right had black hair and brown eyes. He looked somewhat like the man in the middle, probably brothers. The man on the left was around 6'1. He was skinny with very sharp features. His hair was brown and he had black eyes. They were an odd trio, all of them wearing golden gowns with silver trims. As soon as they walked into their private booth, Sena sneaked in. Leon stood there for a second and realized what he just saw.

Leon ran quickly to the booth knowing that something bad was about to happen. The first thing he saw when the door slid open was two men lying on the floor unconscious. One of the men was the skinny one and the other was one of the heavy sets. Leon looked to the left and saw the second heavy set holding a knife to Senas throat. He hadn't noticed Leon yet and Leon took this to his advantage. "Hey asshole." As soon as the man turned around Leon gave him a good hard hit right in the nose. The man fell back words into the wall, and as soon as he was about to get up and take a slash at Leon, he kicked the man's head back into the wall knocking him out. As if it were nothing Leon looked up at Sena with an angry expression on his face.

"What the hell were you thinking? You could of gotten yourself killed! Now lets get out of here before someone shows up." Leon grabbed her by the wrist and forcefully pulled her out of the booth. A couple of minutes later, the two of them found themselves sitting in the back of a Cantina.

Leon looked up at Sena with an angry expression. "Now lets get one thing straight. As long as I'm taking care of you're brother, or better yet. As long as you're on this ship with me, you won't be steeling a thing. And I mean it. If I catch you steeling one thing, I'll report you to the authorities." Sena looked down at the table, she was mad. She took a second to answer. "And why do you care so much?" Sena said. "Because if something happens to you, then your brother will have no one to care for him. He'll be left alone with no family and friends." What Leon said was partially true, but another reason was because he liked Sena. His answer seemed to affect her, and it calmed her down. "Your right. But then how else are we supposed to make a living?"
"It's called a job." Leon said with a smirk.

"But then wher-" Sena was cut off by Leon who quickly stood up. "What do you want to drink." Leon said with a crooked crooked smile.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited June 19, 2006 11:15:46 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Marshal

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  446
June 19, 2006 11:21:16 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick wandered into the cantina for a drink or 5, since as usual she couldn't sleep. It was worse on ships. She was mildly surprised to see Leon huddled up close to a pretty young woman at a table in the dark back of the joint. They were talking and so didn't notice her approach.

"Hey Leon, don't you already have a girlfriend?"

Leon looked up, startled, and the young woman slowly raised her head to look at Merrick. Leon let out a sigh of relief once he realised it was just Merrick. "Oh, hey Merrick. This is kind of a um.. private conversation if you don't mind."

Merrick shrugged and wandered off to a table of her own. She'd considered going to find out how long was left before they'd reach Euceron, but in the middle of the night, they'd probably care even less than she did at this point. So she got comfortably tipsy and headed back to try to get some sleep.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2100
June 19, 2006 11:40:42 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Zafo paced back and forth. His pace quickened as time passed. "It's been four hours, how much longer do you expect they'll keep us waiting?"

"I'd assume that would be about 10 seconds longer." A female voice said from behind Zafo.

Zafo turned around to meet the Euceron woman standing behind him. Rizzit and Kairo got up from the sofa they decided to sit on to greet their hostess.

"Not to be rude, but who are you?" Rizzit asked.

"Concetta Sarno. My ancestor was Liviani Sarno. You may have heard of her in history books. I'm ashamed to admit being related to her, even though it was so very long ago."

Rizzit looked closely at Concetta. Her voice sounded sincere, but her face said different. Having read up on Euceron History before coming, he was of course familiar with the crimes of Liviani Sarno. Although she was never officially caught, the crimes against her were quite serious. Liviani Sarno was involved in a plot to discredit several Old Republic Senators by linking them to gambling at the games. As a supporter of the Commerce Guilds, she hatched her plan to destroy the careers of those Senators who were voting against a proposal that would give the Guild control of much of the banking in the Core Worlds. She had finally been caught by a team of Jedi at the end of the illegal podrace in the Great Dordon Caves, right outside the city. The only reason she was allowed to go free, was because the one person who could corroborate the story of the Jedi refused to testify. Concetta closely resembled her ancestor, and Rizzit seriously had hoped she was noting like her ancestor. That was centuries ago, and ten generations in the Sarno family. Things were different in this day and age, but crime was not an entity that didn't exist. It was everywhere.

Regaining his state of mind, Rizzit addressed Concetta. "May I assume then Concetta that your family has been on the Ruling Power since your Ancestor's time?"

"No Colonel. I was allowed back on this past year in hopes that any bad blood ended with Liviani. She may not have been caught, or the people might not have wanted to convict her: but either way, we don't support her actions while she served on the Ruling Power."

Rizzit was taken aback at the mention of his rank. "Have we met before? How is it you know my rank?"

"Colonel Blackheart, we have not met before. The Ruling Power is aware of the commanders that have been sent to help us though. This information is not being released, but we were able to match a photo of you to your face." Concetta stepped over to Kairo then Zafo. "You must be Sergeants Kairo and Zafo?"

The two nodded, and Kairo finally butted in. "Concetta, to get to the point: What is the real problem going on here? You have nearly two platoons disguised as spectators for the games, but why are we here? We were told details would be discussed in-person once we arrived, and now's as good a time as any."

Concetta was about to say something, but she caught a glimpse at the body on the floor and went quiet. She didn't even move, it was like she was paralyzed. Something about the body had really bothered her, and they all knew it. They also knew they wouldn't get any information out of her at the present, so they didn't even bother to ask. One thing was certain though: there seemed to be a strange connection (other than blood) between Concetta and Liviani Sarno as well as the dead body on the floor. There was more here than it seemed.

"Concetta? You okay?" asked Zafo.

Concetta shook her head. "Oh, yes. I must've gotten caught in a day-dream. Sorry. Now you want to know why you're here? A reasonable question. Euceron has not played host to the games since that time shortly after the battle of Naboo. During that game we had out share of problems. With no thanks to my ancestor, we even had a timekeeper die."

Concetta paused again. "I'd like to think that we live in a different day in age than the last time that the games were held here. I've checked into the games that were held in the past century on other planets, and they've had they're share of problems. Our security system was not what it used to be, so we've requested your help. On behalf of the 10 members of the Ruling Power, I thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Rizzit stared at Concetta again. She had that look on her face. Her voice was sincere, but her face was not. She looked like she was saying one thing, and thinking another.

"You will be free to use your own methods. All that we ask of you is to ensure the safety of everyone on Euceron: visitor and local. If another incident happens on Euceron, we may just lose our ability to host the games here; even though it may be once every 10 generations or so, it still is an honor."

Rizzit nodded at Zafo and Kairo. "I assure you we will do everything in our power to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your time. Would it be asking too much for you to show us to our quarters? There will be about fifty of us."

"I see. Very well Colonel. Follow me." Concetta said as she led them out of the room. Rizzit shot Kairo a worried look that said he didn't trust her. He didn't think she was going to try and kill them on the way, but he did believe there was something not right about her. She would probably have a small part to play in the events that would unfold over the next few days.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 20, 2006 8:02:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 20, 2006 8:03:22 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

Post Number:  896
June 20, 2006 1:05:54 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  With a last glance backwards before he left the room, Kairo gave the man he had killed one last look. He could have sworn we saw the guards drag him away, but apparently they had only taken him as far as the outer door. But why hadn't he begun to stink after at least five hours. Kairo shook his head, things just were not adding up. Turning back around, he saw that the group was about to turn a corner, obviously not noticing Kairo wasn't with them. With a quick pace, Kairo caught up with them a moment later. Zafo turned to look at him as he arrived, a worried expression on his face. That made two, Zafo and Rizzit. Kairo kept his face smooth. To him, it didn't matter if it was an assassin or a corrupt official who tried to kill him. Both would find they had bitten more off than they could chew, and one had already paid the price.

"You will be staying in the West wing quarters. Those are normally reserved for guests anyways." Concetta was informing Rizzit.

"How many wings are there?" Zafo asked.

"Four, one for each direction," Concetta informed them, but Kairo wasn't really listening. As the three of them continued to talk, Kairo just let his feet guide him while he fell back into his thoughts.

Of course, it may just be coincidence. Nothing says that she just hasn't seen many dead bodies. Kairo looked around, admiring the palace's beauty for the first time. High arched hallways were made of some white stone, giving the palace an almost glowing look, even when there was no light. Gaping windows looked out upon the gardens that surrounded the palace, and beyond those was the city, a vast metropolis of glinting steel and stone. Vases of some delicate material stood in concaves to give decoration to the hall. There were even some tapestries, which were a rarity in this day and age. They seemed to give off a musty smell, but anything that was surely as old as they were tended to do that. The floor changed from hard stone to exquisite mosaics at every intersection, while the roof arched up to a sky light at the top of a small dome. Heavy looking light fixtures lined the hallways, and some ancient armor pieces from past Euceron eras stood at attention while the three soldiers followed their guide. Servants and aides could be seen walking through the halls, following orders or performing their daily chores, but none of them ever walked down the same hall as the group was in. It was rude to get in the way of a Ruling Power.

You know that isn't true. The annoying voice corrected from a corner of Kairo's mind. I like to give people the benifit of the doubt. Kairo responded, looking down at of a window to look a raised garden. Workers were powering water on their prized products, hoping they didn't die or wilt. If that happened, their masters might get annoyed with them. You know that isn't true. Kairo stopped dead in the hall, but the procession kept on with out him. Without realizing it, he had been actually talking to it. Just shut up! You're just a curse, nothing more. Kairo waited a moment, but it seemed the voice really had left him.

Coming back to himself, Kairo began to walk again, but then realized he had lost the group. "That's not good." Spotting a maid, Kairo tried to run over to her, but spotting him approaching, she seemed to vanish into thin air. When he came to the intersection she had been at, Kairo stopped and looked around. "Great, stupid servants and their codes. Let's see, she said the west wing, right?" Kairo asked out loud, even though no one was around. Glancing down into one of the gardens, Kairo looked for some kind of tree. Spotting a short fruit bearing tree, he leaned out of the window, trying to see if any ivy was growing on its trunk. Sure enough, there was some. After only a moment, he was off down a side hallway, heading due west. With any luck, he would stumble upon his group with none the wiser, though he was sure both Rizzit and Zafo had noticed his absence.

After wandering around for awhile without seeing any sign of Rizzit, Zafo, or Concetta, Kairo began to sweat a little, not just because he was lost, but anyone seen just wandering around a palace might mistake him for someone up to no good. Leaning against a wall to catch his breath, Kairo's ears perked up when he heard a voice say, "These Imperials are going to be a nuisance, Gorgero, and you know it. What is Concetta up to?"

Looking both up and down the hallway, Kairo couldn't see anyone, and there were no rooms off this corridor. "Her plans are her plans, and you know she doesn't like to share, especially with people beneath her. We just follow her orders."

"Are you going to follow her orders all the way to the headsman?" the first voice said again. Kairo then realized they were coming from outside. Carefully look out of one of the windows, he saw two men in noble Euceron garb talking discretely in one of the gardens below. Pressing up against the wall next to the window, Kairo decided it wouldn't hurt to catch his breath a little longer.

"I'm not saying that. As long as you cover your trail like me, no one will be able to tie us to her and her plots. You really should learn to be more careful like me, Lord Drantus." Gorgero said lord with a slight mock in his voice.

"Watch it Gorgero. Concetta isn't the only one with man power. I hear many gardeners' lives have been lost by accidentally slipping over on of these balconies and falling to their deaths." There was no mistaking the threat in that, even though no one would actually be able to say it was there. "You just make sure you take care of your tasks and stay out of mine. I have enough to handle taking care of one Ruling Power without having to make sure you are looking after yours." Kairo wasn't certain what that last part meant, but he didn't think the men below actually had good intentions for those Ruling Powers. Just a name. Any name, so I can know who you mean. A loud clang from behind him turned Kairo away from the window to find a servant who had dropped a tray he was carrying. Spinning back around, he looked back at the window, but the two men had disappeared, startled by the noise. Sith spit.

Before the servant knew what was happening, Kairo had one foot on the dropped tray and was tapping him on the shoulder. "Do you know where the west wing quarters are?" the servant nodded. "Then take me there, or whoever you serve will find out one of their servant's has trouble carrying a tray." Kairo smiled.

***Five Minutes Later***

Untying his cloak, Kairo tossed it onto one of the chairs in the central chamber of the guest rooms. Rizzit and Zafo both jumped up from their seats as soon as Kairo had appeared. "Where have you been?" Rizzit asked, a little bit of anger in his voice.

"I got lost." Kairo responded, dropping into another of the chairs. "Though, I did find out something useful," Kairo continued and reached out for a pitcher containing some cool drink. Pouring himself a glass of the liquid, he took a sip before finishing. "It seems there is a lot more going on. . ."

"Ah, there you are," Concetta's voice said from behind him. Snapping his mouth shut with a click, Kairo was glad he hadn't finished his sentence. "I'm so sorry that we lost you, but it seems you found you're own way. Now, if you will excuse me, I have some other duties to attend to. Please, make yourselves comfortable, and when the rest of your men arrive, they will be escorted here, properly." Kairo thought she had said that last part in reference to him but didn't bother to take offense.

Getting up from his chair, Kairo moved to the door Concetta had left through and looked out into the hall to make sure she had left. "What is going Kairo?" Zafo asked.

Shutting the door, Kairo asked, "You guys sure there is no one else in these rooms?" They both nodded and sat back down. Taking a deep breath, Kairo began to relate what he heard. The longer he talked, the more Rizzit's face tightened, but Zafo was just getting lost.

When Kairo finished, Zafo said, "What the hell does all that mean?"

"It means," Rizzit said, "That we may have more on our hands than just patrol duty over the next few days."

"Or to make it more clear," Kairo said, walking towards one of the five doors that led from the center chamber, "Concetta may have eyes on making herself the Only Ruling Power." Pushing open the large doors, Kairo found himself looking down another hall which ended at another balcony, this one with a glass door sealing it off. Ten doors were placed equally down the hall.

"They're all like that, the halls that is." Rizzit said, now standing up. "Five halls with ten rooms each. She took my word at fifty people quite literally. Oh well, that just means that the four squads will have a hall all to themselves and the squad leaders and I will take the fifth." Kairo nodded. It made sense. The four squads would each take a hallway, and each member would get a room, even though there would probably be more rooms than soldiers. Then, all the squad leaders and Rizzit would take the middle, fifth hallway.

"Sounds good to me." Kairo said. Snatching up his comlink, Kairo flicked it on and said, "Come in Jester, this is Kairo."

"This is Phenix," a voice said from the comlink.

"We're all situated and the rooms have been provided. Get everyone together, go back to my ship, get all our equipment, and come to the royal palace." Kairo said. Zafo was also talking into his comlink, informing the Dark Dragoons about the change of residence.

"We're staying at the Royal Palace?" Phenix voice said incredulously.

"Yes, now hurry. Things are heating up already, and you guys may even be in danger. The sooner you are in these rooms, the better."

"Roger. We'll be there as soon as possible."

Putting the comlink back into his pocket, Kairo asked Rizzit, "So, you guys did check for traps, right?"

"Not yet. Concetta was waiting with us the whole time. Your little disappearance seemed to upset her a little."

Zafo joined them saying, "My squad on their way. What now?"

"We check to make sure we won't be killed By accident while staying in these rooms." Kairo answered.

Zafo nodded. "I say we each take a hall then." Kairo shrugged. It made sense to him. Moving back into the hall he had come from, Kairo started to check for any sign of a trap or listening device. This trip just keeps getting better and better. I'd rather them to just try to kill us outright instead of all this subterfuge.

"What, does subterfuge give you a headache Kairo?" Rizzit said from the main chamber.

Kairo hadn't meant to say that last part out loud. "Actually, it does," Kairo responded as he pulled a small listening device from a potted plant. Oh this next hour is going to be fun.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

Phenix
ComNet Novice

Phenix

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  186
June 20, 2006 3:28:28 PM    View the profile of Phenix 
    Phenix deactivated his comlink and turned to the rest of the squad. As if they had been prepared all along, they waited anxiously, waiting for Phenix to relay the order.

"Okay girls, we're being relocated to our position that we'll be staying at for the duration of this mission," Phenix informed. "Gather up your things and get back on the ship." With that, the squad collected themselves and headed for the docking bay.

After the final member had entered the freighter, Phenix took control of the pilot's position and closed the ramp. Ryan, who was idly standing in the doorway, looked a little shocked at the situation.

"You're going to try to fly this thing? Do you know what you're..."

Phenix cut Ryan of and simply responded without emotion, "I've been working with vehicles since before you even knew what one was." Looking back on his previous years, Phenix recognized several components of the console. "Look...not only is this model's dash identical to the 350 freighters', but this model is all Corellian design. A few modifications, of course, but nothing I can't handle."

Ryan seemed confident enough in Phenix's abilities after hearing his little rant. He left Phenix alone in the cockpit and took a seat somewhere in the back...Phenix couldn't tell where, but it didn't matter. He got the thumbs-up from the docking security and lifted the ship out of the docking area. This ship is a beast...but a fast one, Phenix thought to himself, trying to holdin his excitement. It had been a very long time since Phenix had piloted a ship, and he craved this chance to stretch his wings so to speak.

With a little maneuvering, Phenix managed to get the ship into a flying lane and joined the rest of the traffic. Due to the crowding, however, he couldn't go very fast at all, even with the additional lanes open. Just then, Slash came from the common room and into the cockpit.

"Hey I found something interesting you might want to look at. Now, I'm no electronics master, but I know what this is," he said. He handed Phenix an active device, and Phenix recognized it instantly.

"A tracking device? Who could have put this on board?" Phenix incurred, as he somehow managed to dodge a wayward pilot. "Crazy bastard! Anyway, where did you find it?"

Recalling the last few moments, Slash told Phenix the location. "Inside one of the secret compartments that I found way in the back. I know we're not supposed to be snooping there, but good thing I did huh?"

Phenix suddenly grew a little irritated at the squad. Very sternly, he gave Slash a direct objective. "You put that back! For all we know Kairo could have put it there to make sure his ship didn't 'run away', should someone decide they'd like to commandeer it. I want everyone to stay out of there...consider it a direct order from Kairo!"

Embarassed at himself, Slash immediately ran to the back to replace the tracking device. Why don't these people listen?

Kairo saw his ship coming in from his side of the window. He smiled, reluctantly admitting Phenix's abilities inside his head. He turned to the docking area reserved for the royal palace inhabitants and joined his squad, who were coming out from the ramp.

"I trust there were no issues," Kairo said with a half-smile. Taking a quick glace at his ship, he saw no problems whatsoever. This relieved him more than he would have expected, and he continued walking with the squad, who were bringing their stuff out of the ship now. "I'll take you guys right to your quarters. You'll be happy to know that there's more than enough room for all of us, and each squad gets their own corridor."

The squad looked at each other, realizing that this mission was just getting better and better. After several moments of walking, the squad dispersed into their own rooms to put down their belongings. Phenix took Kairo aside and prepared himself to ask him about the tracking device...

"Well I sure as hell didn't put it there, although it would have been a good idea. The ship was supposed to be locked down, so I don't know how anyone got inside," Kairo said inquisitively. "It must have been a secrity check crew. Whoever it is, they know where we are now. What bothers me more is that they know where my secret compartments are..."

Phenix could hardly believe that this was the biggest concern on Kairo's mind about the whole situation. "I think we should leave it there and set up some sort of trap. We could take the ship somewhere else and wait for them to show up there," Phenix suggested. "I doubt they know what we look like, so we could stay undercover. If we take them where we want, we have control of the situation."

Kairo considered it for a moment, a little hesitant to agree. He didn't want the tracking device anywhere NEAR his ship, but they probably knew where it was now, anyway. "Give me a while to think about it and plan it out with the other squad leaders. We're supposed to be securing the games, not hunting down spies. This could take more time than we have to spare."

Phenix simply nodded and turned to check out his room. He dropped his bags on the ground and left them unpacked. Something tells me I might need to stay mobile...

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Corporal Phenix
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/CPL Phenix/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  765
June 20, 2006 11:24:43 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The feeling of being watched had entered the pit of Zafo's stomach the second he stepped foot into the grand palace. No matter how many listening devices the growing number of troopers found, the feeling failed to depart.

"I don't like this." Zafo said, shaking his head as Kairo passed him by. "You could've at least let us stay down in the luxury area where we were."

"Are you kidding?" Kairo let out with a slight chuckle, "I'm not gonna let you have a super fancy stay just because you spent half your bank account on that fancy ship. Consider it payback for your super pleasant ride here. Many were riding public transports."

The Dragoons walked heavily into the corridor, casting long shadows at Zafo's feet. Clearly, they weren't entirely pleased with being ousted from their little corner of paradise.

"Glad to see you guys made it here without any trouble." Zafo said as the squad took form around him and Kairo.

"How's it going Kairo?" Giovanni asked, noticing the presence of the man who was once his Squad Leader.

"Pretty Good, you?"

Zafo could see the longing in Kairo's eyes to once again be fighting alongside the Dragoons. There was no doubt that the squad had had just as much an influence on him as he had on it.

"Not bad." Replied Gio.

"Well, it's all for the better you guys are staying here now. It might make 'em think twice before they try anything funny if there are so many of us." Kairo concluded, as he pulled yet another listening device from a deep crack in between two stones.

The Dragoons who had just arrived looked in shock at the device dangling in Kairo's hand.

"You should've been around earlier." Kairo answered with a smirk, "When they almost tried to kill Rizzit and myself."

"There's iffy stuff going on around here." Zafo followed quickly in response to the squad's wide-eyed response.

"I'll explain to you as you help me search our wing for any intrusive devices."

"And I though this was going to be all fun and games..."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons *

SL/GSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

Post Number:  899
June 21, 2006 7:20:32 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  With the entire help of both Jester and the Dark Dragoons, the entire apartment area had been swept for any intrusive devices. With a total of forty pieces of equipment piled onto the middle table, everyone took a moment to relax. "So what do we do with them?" Garet asked.

"Leave that to me," Kairo said with a grin. Everyone turned to look at him. Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, Kairo seemed to be napping, but anyone that had been around him long enough knew better.

"How so?" Rizzit asked who was sitting at one of the many chairs in the room. After the first twenty devices had been found, he, Giovanni, and Andrew had started deactivating them. Some bits and pieces of metal on the floor showed that some of them had been too temperamental and had just been smashed.

Brining his head up from his chest, Kairo opened his eyes, blinking slightly from the sunlight coming in from the windows above, and pushed himself away from the wall. Walking through the group of people, Kairo picked up the cloak he had thrown off earlier and placed it on the floor. Pushing the pile of electronics off the table, Kairo dropped them onto his cloak. Wrapping them up inside securely, he hoisted it over his shoulder and said, "I'll be making a special delivery. Anyone care of join me?" No one really raised their hands. "Phenix, Garet, you're with me then."

Turning around, Kairo began to leave when Garet asked, "Me? You haven't really even met me."

Talking over his shoulder, Kairo asked, "Is it ok with you Zafo?"

"We'll just be unpacking for a bit. Anything important going on tonight Rizzit?" Zafo asked.

"Not tonight. We're just settling in and checking things out. Tomorrow the other two squads should arrive." Rizzit looked at Kairo's back with a ruminative expression. Kairo had been acting strange recently. Almost like a completely different person. "Everything all right Kairo?" He asked as if no one else was around.

Turning around, Kairo smiled, face and expression changing back to the person they all knew, the facade. "Just fine. I'm just delivering a present. You two coming?" Kairo asked, opening the doors to leave. Phenix and Garet had to run to catch up with him down the hall. They walked in relative silence for a while, Garet plainly wondering why he was even there, and Phenix not caring. To him, being back in the room would have been boring. After being around Kairo long enough, he knew something interesting always tended to happen, though most times more dangerous than fun. "So, you liking the Dark Dragoons?" Kairo asked Garet, turning down a hallway. He wasn't exactly sure where he was going, but after roaming the palace for ten minutes, he knew his way around at least the west wing.

"I enjoy as much as someone can enjoy being in the army." Garet responded.

With a silent laugh, Kairo nodded. They walked the rest of the way in basic silence. Phenix and Garet exchanged words, also sizing each other up in a competitive but friendly manner. Rolling his eyes, Kairo pushed open a door and entered what look to be the exact replica of the dormitories they had just left, except it didn't have anyone inside it. "Alright, we made it." Dropping his cloak on a table, Kairo let it flap open. "We're going to put these little things all over this place. Shouldn't take but a few minutes. No need to make it a nice job. No one is staying here. Just put them everywhere. We're going to make whoever put these in our rooms a little confused."

"But, aren't they shut off?" Garet asked.

"Yes, but I think they may be able to be remotely activated, so let's hurry." Garet and Phenix were both grinning. Now that they knew Kairo's idea, they found it quite funny. It didn't take the three of them to spread the devices through out the area. Each of them just went back and grabbed a few when they ran out. Since they didn't know when the things would be turned back on, they went about their task running. Once finished, Kairo took a deep breath to catch his breath. "Alright, good job. Let's get back." Grabbing his cloak, Kairo wrapped it over his shoulders again and left the room. Once Garet and Phenix were in the halls, he shut the doors and led them back to their real rooms.

"So, what did you do with them?" Giovanni asked, lounging on a chair in the main area with Zafo across from him. Everyone else were in their rooms.

Dropping down into a chair of his own, Garet started to explain what happened to his two senior officers. Nodding to Zafo, as if to say, "I brought him back alive," Kairo turned to Phenix and said, "I'll be in my room down the middle hallway. Make sure everyone from Jester behaves." Phenix grinned. "See you guys later." Kairo said as he left the main room and entered the commander's hall. Taking an immediate right, Kairo pushed open his door then shut it behind him. "Great Kairo, now they all think you're insane. Let's try not to show them the real you quite yet, shall we?" Realizing he was talking with himself, Kairo shook his head and walked towards his refresher unit.

***Thirty Minutes Later***

Rubbing his hair with a soft towel which had been provided, Kairo dropped onto his bed and let out a sigh. A nice shower always seemed to relax him, no matter what happened, and a soft bed waiting for him helped as well. Unzipping his bag that Phenix had brought from his ship, Kairo pulled out another pair of clothes and got into them. Sliding on his weapons, he left his room after he decided to check up on his ship. Entering the main chamber, he found it was empty. A minute later he was once again walking through the palace walls. Kairo wasn't so much surprised that a tracking device had found its way into one of his ship secret compartments as to the fact that it had happened so soon. Good thing I left one of compartment slightly open, otherwise whoever delivered the gift may have found some of the more important ones, like the weapons cache.

Once to his ship, Kairo ran up the entrance ramp and closed it behind him. Over the next twenty minutes, he checked every single place on the ship for any other surprises. After finding nothing, he went back to the compartment that had had the tracking device and pushed back its cover. It was only a small area, just big enough to slide in a small bag of whatever it was you wanted to hide. It was also the most obvious one of his hiding spots. Grinning, Kairo picked up the tracking device, closed the compartment back up, and walked back towards the entrance ramp. Many other ships were docked at the palace's hanger bay. Picking one that looked particularly traveled, he checked to make sure no one was watching then ran up its entrance ramp. Feeling slightly guilty, Kairo found a nice little spot and placed the device behind a few boxes. Sneaking out of the ship, he decided it was time to call it a night. Whoever was tracking or trying to listen in on the squads wasn't going to be too happy when they found out he-or she Kairo thought-had been found out.

The trip back to the rooms was as uneventful as the trip to the hanger bay. Upon his arrival, Rizzit appeared from the commander's hall and asked, "Where've you been?"

"Just checking to make sure my ship was alright. Anything interesting go on here?" Kairo asked, dropping into one of the chairs.

"Nothing. We really don't have anything to do besides get a lay of the land, wait for the other squads to arrive, and wait for the games to begin." Rizzit responded, sitting in another chair. Picking up a glass from the tray from earlier, Rizzit poured himself a drink and asked, "You want any?"

"No thank you. I'm good. You know. I never cared for waiting. Would it be too far out of line to say, take a look around the palace later tonight?" Kairo said subtly.

Rizzit seemed to catch on. "It depends. You plan on doing anything fun?"

"Naw, just to see what the place looks like in the moon light. I've heard the gardens are quite pretty, along with the Northern wing." The northern wing was where the Ruling Powers' quarters were held.

"I have no problem with it," Rizzit said. Double talking seemed as easy to him as speaking normally. "Maybe you could take a few of the troopers with you. I'm sure they'll want to see the sights as well." Rizzit took a sip of his drink.

"I'll pick a few out. I'm thinking Garet, Andrew," Kairo counted them off on his fingers as he continued, "Giovanni, and Slash would enjoy it particularly." Garet and Gio will be quite helpful. Not sure if they have any experience, but I trust Giovanni; and Garet seems like he knows what he's doing. Andrew will be helpful if we have any slicing to do. Hopefully nothing hard, since he isn't a slicer or anything, just has experience. And Slash is always helpful in a pinch. Happens to also know a thing or two about slicing. Kairo though absently.

"Yes, they always did have an appreciation for that type of thing. So, when are you heading out?" Rizzit asked.

"Oh, probably not till later. I mean, we want the moon to be well risen, so we get the best affect." Kairo said.

"Seems like a good idea. I may join you, may not." Rizzit said. "I think I'll get back to unpacking," he added, putting his empty drink on the table and standing up. As he left the room, Kairo squirmed around in his chair until he was lounging comfortably. Might as well get a little rest before I go out later.

(OOC Alright, I'm setting up for the reason why my character is leaving the story. That way, when I leave on Friday, my character will too. Garet, Gio, I'm sure you got the jist of my meaning from Rizzit and my conversation. Have fun with it. I'll either finish up this bit later tonight or tomorrow. )

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2101
June 21, 2006 9:42:01 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit barged into the room that Kairo was lazily lounging about. He's sound asleep. I really shouldn't wake him....then again: where's the fun in letting him sleep? Rizzit walked over to the chair Kairo was sleeping in. With only a little difficulty, Rizzit managed to tip the chair forward to the point where Kairo fell on the floor. Kairo lay face down on the mossaic floor, yet still managed to stay asleep. My god, this guy's impossible! Not knowing what else to do, Rizzit decided it would be best to kick Kairo on the side.

At long last Kairo woke up. "Wah....Rizz? What's the big idea?" he asked with a yawn.

"We got a briefing to attend."

"I thought we did that?

"I'm briefing everyone this time. Let's meet in the empty room."

"Gotcha. I'll round everyone up."

One Hour Later...

"Thanks for coming. I apologize for the close quarters, but we'll be out of here shortly. We need to establish a security plan for the games. The public transports will be here tomorrow along with the rest of the people attending the games."

Rizzit looked around the room. Most of the troopers were sitting on beds and the Squad Leaders were standing against the walls with their assistants. Most of them were dressed like common people normally would. Few of them were lucky enough to buy comfortable, stylish, clothing to wear while on assignment.

"We need to start working out a patrolling system. I understand Kairo's gonna be taking a few of you around the palace tonite: that's great. I want you to continue your route. I will be taking my own group around. Sam, Phenix, RK, and Jennabelle: you will be coming with me to patrol the main boulevard. Zafo, I want you to take Typex, BV, and Knightwind: you will be keeping an eye on all the stands and booths."

Rizzit noticed that everyone formed into groups as he called out names. Before long there were three groups in the room: one sitting on the left (Rizzit's group). Kairo's group was standing with him on the back wall. Zafo's group was sitting on the right side of the room.

"Please remember that we are still undercover. By all means do your patrolling, but try and blend in as a citizen. Only step in if absolutely necessary, and by necessary I mean life or death situations. When the others arrive tomorrow, we'll have another meeting with more groups assigned: but I'm not expecting them to arrive until late tomorrow night if not the day off. The games are four days away, and three days until the Opening Rituals. I suggest that kairo's group rest up until tonite. Zafo, your group and mine are heading out now for a bit of patrolling. Let's go."

OOC: As a reminder, those participating in the games, please send me some form of a message.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 21, 2006 9:42:55 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Marshal

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  451
June 21, 2006 10:20:12 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick was glad they had finally touched down on Euceron. Public transport was fine for a short period, and when you didn't have to do it very often, but she was happy to be back on the ground. She'd seen glimpses of some of the Raiders, but had ignored them in order to avoid any suspicion. The rest of the Nightstalkers had gathered their things and casually headed in the same direction as she'd set off - toward Euceron palace. There was already a steady flow of traffic, mostly tourists, headed that way so none of them looked out of place.

Once inside the palace, the squad was assigned sleeping quarters. Most of them seemed pretty happy with where they were staying. Merrick made Leon and Jak laugh with her comment though. "Wow, you'd think they could have given us somewhere NICE to stay, wouldn't you?"

Once everyone was settled in, Merrick contaced Rizzit to let him know they were planetside. Of course, he said he already knew they were there, at which Merrick merely shrugged. Rizzit decided he would brief Merrick and she could let the rest of her squad know what was going to happen.

(OOC: It's short and crap, but I'm really tired and didn't feel like thinking too much. You'll live.)

-----------------------
NightStalkers
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited June 21, 2006 10:21:03 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  556
June 21, 2006 11:28:14 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
"So... you meet Kairo before?" Giovanni asked Garet as the two got ready for the first night.

"Actually, no," Garet responded, still taken aback by the faith an unfamiliar commander put in him. "He's a former Dragoon Squad leader, right?"

"Yeah," Gio sounded reminiscent; "I was with him for long time. He's a great leader, bit on the lazy side, though." He said the last part with a chuckle. "He left right before you were transferred."

"You know why he trusts me so much?"

"I don't know why anyone trusts you, Garet," Gio said playfully. "I think it's just me." The two laughed, too hardened by previous missions to worry about the recon.

Garet, a little more than casual as usual, had prepared himself in a clean, cut suit. Hiding inside the jacket, in his special lining, hid one of his six Annihilators; just in case. Gio had dressed in slightly more casual, dark clothing. Garet wasn't paying attention, but he probably had a few tricks up his... clothes...

The two 'Goons left the designated "empty dorm" and headed for the main area. Kairo was sitting in one of the chairs, and two others that Garet didn't recognize were emerging from another hallway. As the four approached, they expected a response from Kairo. Instead, he stayed silent.

"Erm, sir?" one of the others said.

"Hang on," Gio said, approaching Kairo. To Garet and the other soldiers, what Gio was doing was borderline horrifying. Gio had made a fist, and was tapping on Kairo's head. The idle commander made a confused snort, and jumped up.

"Ok, good, you're ready," Kai said as he looked at the four soldiers. "Took you a while. Let's go." He started to walk to the door, but stopped and spun around. "Ah, almost forgot. Andrew, Slash, these are Sgt.'s Giovanni Bryden and Garet Daimun from Dark Dragoons. Garet, Gio, Lance Corporal Slash and Private Andrew Shadows from Jester."

The four nodded their heads in approval and greetings, but moved on to the task. Kairo led them to the door that connected the wing with the rest of the palace. After checking the passage, he motioned to move on.

The five jogged quietly for about two minutes before stopping. The sound of metal hitting stone floor echoed through the halls. "Security droids..." Kairo said solemnly. He looked around a sec before coming up with an idea. "Alright, Giovanni, Garet: see those windows over there?"

The two 'Goons nodded.

"You two go first. They lead to the gardens. They should open at the bottom, giving you a small opening to slip through... Mind the drop." Around a nearby corner, a red light was growing lighter and lighter. "Go, now!"

Garet got to the window first and pried it open for Gio to slip through. The ground was a good ten feet down, but Gio landed with cat-like ease. Garet slipped down next, and landed with a roll to absorb the shock. "Show off," Gio murmured.

The two found some bushes to hide in and waited for the Jesters to come through.

Back in the hallway, Slash and Andrew ran over to the window and slipped through, each landing upright. The red light was almost around the corner, and the metallic noises were considerably louder. Kairo, feeling rushed, ran at the window and dove through headfirst, narrowly escaping. He fell out of the window and flipped on to his back as he hit the ground. Slash and Gio ran over to help, but Garet and Andrew kept their eyes on the garden.

It was too quiet. The moon made an eerie glow reflect off of the plants and water giving the entire garden a blue tinge. Garet glanced over towards Andrew. He was pretty confident for a Private; he didn't seem worried at all. Garet supposed it was Kairo's influence giving a sense of security.

Kairo had just gotten up from his fall, stretching his back to give him some flexibility. He walked over to Andrew and kneeled down. "You see anything?" he whispered.

Andrew looked over. "I figure there's got to be a few surprises."

"Alright then. Let's try not to get hurt then. Follow me."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Trix
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  136
June 22, 2006 5:59:17 AM    View the profile of Trix 
"Trix, brace your self, we are landing." she heard Darr-Rann's voice over her Comlink. She has been crawling through the labyrinth of shafts for nearly half an hour now with no luck of finding a lady's bathroom or some place where she could jump out.

"What?!? So soon!?!" Trix glanced at her surroundings desperately. She was still stuck in the shaft. She started crawling backwards in the direction she knew the bathrooms were, it may be a long way, but it was the only layout she knew of the shaft. These public transports were a bit rocky and bumpy sometimes when landing, and it was dangerous being anywhere in the ship not designed for life.
"Damn these transports!! she muttered out  while she crawled , she was about to nag her fists against the durasteeled walls when voices sounded not to far from her. She has passed several rooms which she listened, but all the conversations were normal, though she had a hunch about this one. She crawled closer as silently as she could. The voices were much clearer now, the forst voice that spoke up was rough, with backstreet slang.
"They couldn't get Ruyt out of the bathroom, and the girl was gone."
Surprised Trix leaned forward.
"And the guards?" asked a much more attuned voice.
"The boys couldn't get much done on public, so what about Games? Do we go ahead without Ruyt, we have to plant the other explosives since the blonde fool who followed you smeared this plan."
Shit, I need to get to Darr, they're gonna blow somethin!
Trix tried to turn around as much as space allowed her to do, as she turned she didn''t see the small dip the shaft made and with a small yell knocked her head against it.
"You hear'd that Boss?"
Trix froze.
Shit...
She was stuck right above the ventilator, and could see a shadow move underneath her through the square gaps of the board.
"Get them. Now. To me." she heard the man say. Before she had chance to attempt an escape she felt her self tumbling through the air and then land with a thud to the floor.  She jumped back on her feet but iron grips grabbed her by her arms and dragged her across the the dimly lit room.

"Well, this explains what happened to the girl. Call the guards back. We got something after all." Trix clenched her fists, a mixture of fright and anger ran through her emotions. She was scared out of her wits.

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

TRP/PFC Trix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
'Life is like mail. You sometimes just don't get it'
Eviscares
ComNet Member

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  336
Total Posts:  445
June 22, 2006 7:18:17 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
Evis had been wandering around on his own. He didn't want to be seen with his squaddies again. Provoking suspicion wasn't his aim. Also he enjoyed the thought of getting the guy who fled while he was alone. No "doing this like the CoC says", but simply a good dose of violence.
Now, while walking around, he tried to simply fit in, be a part of the cloud. The mindless walking gave him time to reflect the last hour.
Trix had acted brave and had maybe saved his life. Not bad for being fresh out of training and from what he had observed, she started losing her brattiness. He grinned, good for her. The battlefield simply wasn't made for brats. Either you lost that behaviour or you died out there. Eviscares shrugged.

Suddenly he heard the pounding of heavy boots on the metal floor. As he turned around, he saw several guards coming his way and passing by. Maybe our troublemaker showed up again... he said to himself and followed them.

After a couple of minutes they arrived in the service area of the ship, in this area you had the great kitchen, all kind of supplies and the medical bay. The guards entered the kitchen, and D'kaleth decided to wait outside the doors for maybe a minute. He trashed that plan when he heard Trix screaming from inside. Only taking the time he needed to pull out his Vibroblade he made his way into the kitchen.

In a rush of adrenaline everything slowed down and so he perceived every little detail of the scene opening up before him. The vegetables and the meat that laid on the counter, some already cut for the next dish. The gas powered fires on the cooker.  The smell of spices and burnt food. Trix being tied to a chair, bleeding from a wound on her forehead. The guards and two other guys, from which one was his kidnapper, standing around her, now slowly turning in his direction.

The guard that had entered the kitchen last was the first to attack Eviscares with his baton. It was a rather clumsy attack, seemingly that guy was more used to bringing people down with his blaster.
Evis grabbed his wrist with the left hand and pulled him towards his own body, burrying the knife almost in the chest of the guard. Almost instantly the guard coughed up some blood and then fell down as Eviscares tackled her to get his knife back.

Number two and three had used the time to run up to Eviscares, and a hit to his back brought him down to his knees. Before he could hit him again, Evis had slung his knife around the foot of his attacker and cut his archilles tendon. The man screamed as he fell on his back. Using the distraction D'kaleth came back to his feet again, only to receive hit in the stomach that pressed all air out of his lungs. It seemed that Trix had recognized him just now, as she screamed:"EVIS!". Blow after blow hit him and let him stagger back. By now his nose was bleeding and he had suffered a laceration on his forehead.

Now they had arrived at the cookers and this was the time the guard made a crucial mistake. Underestimating Eviscares he took the time to taunt him. But his laughter and that of his bosses went silent as Eviscares let out a scream of rage, his hand shot up and grabbed the guards neck. With a sadistic smile he sidestepped and smashed the guards face onto the burning cooker. This was commented by Trix with a scream of surprise that changed into disgust as he held the guard down. After the man had stopped moving he turned around to the remaining two, who stared at him paralyzed.

Breathing heavily, the blood and the mad smile made him look like an insane clown. Slowly he walked up to the two goons, on his way stepping on the neck of the guard who was still alive with a cut archilles tendon and had kept on weeping. The mans voice box broke with a muted crack and he fell silent. By now the two thugs had stepped away from Trix and pulled out her blasters.  Something held them back from shooting, maybe the fear of disrupting this retarding momentum. They hesitated for too long and when they shot they hit everything but not Eviscares walking towards them.

When D'kaleth was only about a yard away both men threw away their blasters and hand to hand combat ensued. Both men were not really skilled in this field and they were fighting an angered Eviscares who just gave in to his reflexes. Anyways the two landed some hits, but it was all over very soon. The kidnapper tried to land a strike on Eviscares solar plexus, but didn't see the fist that was on its way to his throat. With a surprised look on his face he went down. The last one tried to get away, making a sidestep he wanted to dart past Eviscares. A snap kick to his knee spoiled his plan and he fell to the ground. Even now he wanted to crawl away, but in a last burst of rage, caused by this display of cowardice, Eviscares started to kick against his head violently.

When the rage was gone, he felt tired. Turning around to Trix who looked at him with a face between disgust and fear he tried to smile. That didn't really work out so he simply grabbed a knife of the counter and cut her bonds. When she got up her face turned pale and she emptied her stomach upon the floor. Eviscares simply stood next to her and patted her shoulder.

(OOC:I hope it's not too violent ^^)

-----------------------

Raiders

Iron Horse Squad forever in my heart!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven".
Such is the Rule of Honor.
[This message has been edited by Eviscares (edited June 22, 2006 7:19:01 AM)]
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  47
Total Posts:  823
June 22, 2006 11:48:39 AM    View the profile of RK 
This is it, RK thought as went looking for his cousin and best friend. He was startled twice by men who thought that he was a Sith Lord, wouldn't that be nice in a time like this.Yet word was definitely getting around about the assassinations, though RK thought them nothing more than a cult to get people from coming, although if almost everyone knew then it had to be true.
"Your coming with me", a eerie voice said behind RK.
RK pulled out his DC-15 and pointed it at the guy, but to his surprise,it was Joey!
"Long time,no see."RK rambled out. This was Joey's way of having fun he was always the odd sort, but RK never minded, He always took joey as a brother.
"So how the podracing buissness doing?" RK asked.
"Oh, good. you want to see your pod?"
"Sure if I can drive it"
---------------------------------------Hour later------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey and RK never got along much, RK was always running off with his friends and Joey always hated Ryan for that.Well, let's just hope he doesn't care anymore.
Joey led them down a hallway, It looked almost like a old temple that they where going in but then RK reaized it was just a really nice garage.Maybe a little to nice.RK made note of that for future reference.
"So which one do you want?" Joey asked waking RK up.
"Wow, your letting me pick, you have changed." RK was real surprised, Joey never was this nice.
"Yeah, so what's the matter you scared that the one you pick is going to blow up or that it's just going to be to fast?" Joey chuckled, To joey this was funny he was an icon now in the world of pod racing, but to RK this was nothing  more than a dangerous game that could get Joey killed and if Joey was killed he would blame it on himself.
"Well, go ahead and pick already before I have to pick for you." Joey walked off leaving RK to his buissness.
Alright, then might as well pick which one I want. RK walked threw the maze that all the pods made. RK must have atleast looked threw ten or twenty before he found on that fit his idea of what a pod should be, It was  black and orange with engine that when you looked at the front they made an x like shape. He sat looking at the controls while he waited for Joey to get back This looks like a real easy control, I've piloted things that go faster than this so this should be a sinch, but something told RK that it wasn't going to be that easy.
"So you finally decided?" Joey asked, walking out of a hall with somebody following him.
"Yeah, this one." RK said that keeping his eye on the stranger that kept moving from side to side, hand resting on the butt of his blaster.
"You can rest easy Ryan. This is one of MY friends. He's here to help me get you ready to be road worthy." Joey grinned then turned around and headed towards the bench right in front of him.
Well, atleast  I know he hasn't forgotten about what happened. RK knew that when he had put the emphasis on the my he knew that Joey hadn't forgotten. That also meant that Joey was a suspect in this whole assassination mess, and RK was getting into one of the pods his cousin owned. What am I getting myself into. RK walked off towards the desk that Joey was sitting in and sat down so that they could work everything out.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
Aphamos
ComNet Novice

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  209
June 22, 2006 11:57:13 AM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos sighed, still in a state of confusion about what had just taken place.  Trix was lost somewhere, abducted by the enemy, while Eviscares had gone off on one of his superman journeys.  You know, maybe we should all go together once.  Like a squad does, for instance.  Aphamos walked over to his squad leader, Darr-Rann, who was having one of his moments.  Darr-Rann was staring at the wall in front of him, trying to formulate some sort of plan, or at least where to go from there.  Aphamos tapped Darr-Rann on his shoulder, who immediately snapped out of his past state, looking toward Aphamos.

"Eviscares and Trix are in the kitchen." he said.  "We will go there first, pick them up, and then hopefully get out of this piece of crap."  Aphamos nodded at the statement, gathering up his other squad members, and heading out the door towards the kitchen, even though he didn't know where it was.  The squad kept walking, Daminga branching off when they reached the hallway, heading in the opposite direction.  He pointed in the direction he was heading and nodded, telling Aphamos and the others that they were going the wrong way.  Aphamos kept following, walking over to Squall to get his take on the situation. 

"Doesn't really surprise me." he answered.  "One gets captured, and then another goes to rescue them.  One day they will learn that there are far easier ways to get a job done."  He smiled at Aphamos, looking forward again as a man slowly approached them.  Who the heck is this guy? though Aphamos as the man came closer to the squadron of stormtroopers.  The man didn't have any distinct facial or physical features about him, except a mustache on his face, straching from below his nose to his sideburns.  He wasn't as tall as Aphamos, and from what Aphamos could see, his build was muscular, his attire covering the rest of his body.  The man looked down at his datapad, and back up at the squad, heading towards Darr-Rann who was staring at him as well.  This should be interesting.  Looks like Darr hasn't paid all his Sabbac debts.  The man started to talk to the squad leader, Darr-Rann slowly nodding, turning to address the troopers behind him.

"This is our new recruit." whispered Darr-Rann, making sure that no one else overheard them.  Another one.  They just keep coming faster and faster , don't they?  "His name is-"  The squad leader turned back to the trooper, who whispered something into Darr-Rann's ear, Darr turning back again.  "His name is LK-486.  Let's all give him a warm welcome."  The squad members each nodded at the new trooper, LK nodding and smiling back, muttering a light "hello" at the each member of the squad.  "Stick with Aphamos for now, he will brief you in on what's going on.  Alright, let's go."  Aphamos raised his hand, LK walking towards him as the squad started walking again, the kitchen not too far away from them.

"Heya, I'm Aphamos." he said, introducing himself.  He started explaining the Euceron mission, LK following along as if he had already heard everything.  Aphamos then briefed the new recruit in on their present situation.  "Yeah, so now we are looking for them&and here we are."  They had just reached the kitchen, entering the room.  Aphamos shook his head hard, the stench of the room slapping him in the face.  The room was littered with corpses, blood flooding the floor.  The room smelt of the dead combined with both burnt food and raw meat.  He looked up, seeing Trix and Eviscares in the middle of the room, vomit on the floor in front of Trix.  Aphamos nearly threw up at the sight, his hand instinctively reaching out for the wall next to him.  He looked over at LK, who was staring blankly, emotionless, at the area that lay before him.

Aphamos looked over at the side of the room, doubling back when he saw someone hiding in the corner of the room.  He pointed in that direction, the man looking at him.  His entire body was shaking in fear as he slowly got up, not sure what he was about to face.  "Three-thousand credits say that you didn't see a thing." said Aphamos.  The man's muscles started to loosen a bit, his body calming down.  He nodded, Aphamos handing him the appropriate number of credits.  The man ran out of the room, Aphamos's eyes following him out.  He looked back over to the two stormtroopers who were making their way back to the group.  "I would come over to help you two, except-" he looked over at the blood and the vomit, "I sorta can't."  Eviscares smiled, picking out his vibroblade out of the chest of a man on the floor.  "And I'm out&"  He walked out of the room, the rest of the squad following him.

"Let's get out of here." said Darr-Rann.  "You can explain what the hell happened over here later."  They made their way to the exit, chattering about the Galactic Games and what they were going to see when they exited.  They finally made it to the exit, most of the people on the ship already there.  They weaved their way through, Aphamos naturally shutting his eyes to get used to the light.  He opened them, everything but a beautiful landscape meeting his vision.  They walked out of the ship and into the StarPort, looking for some sort of exit.  Well this is nice.  What can I say, let the games begin.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited June 22, 2006 11:58:01 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited June 22, 2006 4:05:41 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

Post Number:  902
June 22, 2006 12:37:26 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Looking around the garden, Kairo paused a second to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. A small pool in the middle of this area cast a glow upon the surrounding area as the moon's light reflected off its surface. Brushing off his clothes, Kairo also checked to make sure his knives were secure, along with his Kylon-3 and Vibropike. Walking across the garden, Kairo motioned for the four men to follow him. After getting in a light nap, light for him, he was wide awake. After awhile, everyone who was in the army long enough learned to thrive on the smallest amounts of rest. Turning around, Kairo looked back at the large palace, which stood impressively in front of the gardens. Balconies poked out from its side, and pillars held up arching windows. Some old fashioned gargoyles could also be seen, looking out over the city, guardians and protectors.

"You guys all know how to climb, right?" Kairo asked quietly, though they really didn't have a choice. Since everyone was wearing some shade of black, it was almost impossible to see any of them, but he knew they were there.

"Depends on what we're climbing," Giovanni responded. Even though he and Kairo hadn't served together for awhile, nothing had really changed. Andrew and Slash seemed a little tense, judging from their breathing rate, but Garet was impossible to judge. Why did I bring him along, again? Oh right, wanted to see if the Dragoons still had it.

Grabbing onto a tree in the garden, Kairo quickly ascended it's trunk until he reached the top. It was a good twelve feet tall. Swaying slight in gust from the night, the three rocked beneath Kairo. Once it had calmed again, Kairo took a sharp breath then launched from its limbs, reaching out for one of the many balconies. For a split second, it almost seemed he would not make it, but then his hand latched onto its bottom rim. Pulling himself up, Kairo felt his muscles come alive with exertion. Good thing I'm not in armor, otherwise this might get difficult. Once he was safely on the balcony, Kairo looked down to see a head appear from the top of the tree. Squinting to get a better look, he was able to make out Andrew's face.

A moment later, Andrew was sailing across the gap. Within a second, Kairo could tell he wasn't going to make it. Dropping flat against the balconies floor, Kairo pushed himself up against its railing and pushed his arm out as far as it would go. Hands connecting, Kairo immediately felt his arm spasm under the pressure and weight. Ignoring this, Kairo kept hold of Andrew until he had grabbed hold of the ledge. As Andrew pulled himself up, Kairo said, "Next time, push harder."

The rest of the squad made the jump relatively safe, both of the Dragoons doing it with a bit more class, which was expected due to their longer time in the army. "Where to?" Giovanni asked. Kairo pointed straight up. "How?" With a flick of his wrists, two knives appeared in Kairo's hands. With a slight flourish, Kairo extended them hilt first toward Giovanni. "Won't they get mad if they find holes in their walls?"

"Like they'll be looking for that." Kairo responded as he doled out a pair of dagger for everyone.

"Where do you keep all of these?" Garet asked, a bit of awe in his voice.

Shrugging the inflection out of his mind, Too many people know me., Kairo just said, "Places," as he stabbed into the wall next to the balcony. Swinging over the side, he proceeded to climb his way up the side of the palace wall. With ample foot holds in its surface, Kairo wondered if he would have been able to do it without the knives. After five minutes climbing, everyone had made it to the top, breathing heavily but Kairo. Hmm... maybe they aren't all used to climbing like that. Holding out his hands, Kairo motioned for them to give him his knives back. That was easier than some of the cliffs back on Dathomir. The voice agreed with Kairo.

Kairo pretended he had heard it and stood up. The palace roof was a mass of domes and sharp angles as roofs slanted and arched away from each other. Sky lights dotted the roof as well, cast light out into the sky from inside the palace. It also appeared that there were a few security droids as well. "Uh Kairo, maybe we should try a different route?" Garet asked.

"Just stick close and don't fall behind." Kairo said, pushing into the tile roof. Sprinting towards on dome, Kairo pushed up against its side as a red light of a security droid's viewing area passed over the roof where the group had stood a moment before. Sliding around the small bulge in the roof, Kairo then ran for the next dome, and then the next. Sometimes dropping flat against the roof, sometimes even stopping half way as a droid scanned the area ahead of them. By the time they reached the northern apartments, sweat was dripping down Kairo's face. By now everyone, including Kairo, was slightly out of breath, but they weren't out of the fire. More like into the frying pan.

Since the Northern wing was where the Ruling Powers stayed, security seemed multiplied. Not only were there patrolling droids, but also a few turrets and laser alarm triggers. "How about now?" Slash asked, referring to Garet's earlier question. Grinning, Kairo stood on the edge of the obstacle course like roof, studying it for any patterns.

"It's just like the Army course back on Tadath," Kairo whispered, jumping off the side of the roof they were resting on. Sliding down the slick tile side, Kairo didn't bother to check to see if the four soldiers were still with him when he touched down on the flat surface of another roof. Using the momentum from the slide, Kairo lurched into his fastest sprint, galloping across the roof top at an incredible speed. Hopping over a swinging laser sensor, Kairo ran right behind one of the security droids. A part of the roof jutted out from the rest of the flat surface in a square pattern. Wondering what on earth it was, Kairo pressed against the ground and leaned forward. Pushing out his hands, he continued his moment across the block and arched his body, effectively completely a hand spring across the obstacle.

Looking straight ahead, he saw that the group was coming up the edge of the roof. Skidding to a halt, Kairo glanced over the edge. Two pillars lay right beneath his feet, apparently the key decoration for the northern wing of the palace. Pointing down, Kairo sat down on the ledge, and then twisted his body around so he was hanging from it by his hands. Wrapping his legs around the pillar, Kairo let go of the ledge then quickly put his arms as far around the pillar as he could. Squeezing, he controlled his descent. Stopping at a balcony, Kairo reached out his right leg and snagged it on the railing. With a quick movement, he was standing on the balcony, waiting for the rest of the group.

It took a couple minutes for them all to arrive, some wide eyed at what they had just done. "Please tell me we are not going back that way." Giovanni said.

"We aren't." Kairo assured them. "This is going to get a little more interesting from here on out. If we get caught on this side of the palace, just act like we're looking around. They'll probably wonder how we got past security and such. Just leave the talking to me." Kairo decided that was for the best, even though he was not certain what he would say either. Thinking back for a moment, Kairo tried to remember what the servant that had guided him to the army's rooms had told him about the Ruling Powers' quarters. He knew it was divided into a pentagon type formation with Concetta's rooms at the top. He just hoped he hadn't guessed wrong by putting the top of the pentagon at this end of the wing. Glancing in through one of the windows, Kairo motioned for everyone else to keep hidden and look around also. The lights were off in the room he was looking into, but the bright moonlight and glow from the city allowed him to see some details in the room. Looking to be a closet of some sort, Kairo decided it was safe to enter. "Once inside, spread out but don't wander off. Listen and look for anything useful. If it seems things aren't going well, just come back here and leap into the garden below." Garet looked over the ledge then quickly looked back. It was a twenty foot drop.

They all nodded. "Andrew, do your thing." Pulling out a datapad and some other tools, Andrew moved to the control panel that opened the balconies door and set to work. A minute later he stepped back smiling.

"That was easier than I thought it would be." Andrew said, pressing the access button.

As the door slid open, Kairo quickly swept inside and got a good look around with the window distorting his view. It was a closet, with so many rows of clothes Kairo thought it might hold enough to give every woman in the palace two sets of clothes. At least now I'm certain it's a woman's quarters. And there is only one woman on the Ruling Powers right now. Stepping to the main door, Kairo pressed his ear to it, hoping not to hear anything on the other side. It only irked him a little that Giovanni was already there. They both waited a moment, but there was only silence. "Uh, Kairo?" Garet said.

Sipping around, Kairo felt anger run through him. Why would Garet speak out loud here?! Then he saw what had made Garet speak. Fourteen shadowy creatures were standing on the balcony where the group of soldiers had come from. At first Kairo wasn't certain he was even seeing anything, because the creatures' skin and figures seemed to bend the light around them, making them shadowy and hard for the eye to see. Both groups only remained still for a second, each surprised to see the other. Damn it. Kairo thought as four of the things seemed to instantly move through the room and tackle him. Kairo reflexively brought his arms up to guard his body, but the impact of the bodies still sent him crashing through the door.

Before he could even move to draw one of his blades, he had received three punches to his blocking arms. As if on cue, Kairo changed into his true self. Underneath his outer shell of a military commander, just an ordinary person like everyone else, Kairo was a killer. He knew how to do it. He had spent most of his life just surviving by killing things. Whether with a blaster or just his bare hands, he knew how to survive. What happiness others had from knowing their parents and receiving some love, or if they died, receiving it from adoptive parents, or even just friends, Kairo had never had that for long. Everyone died around him. It was his curse. Instinct took over, and wrath filled his veins. One of the first things he had learned to do was channel his grief into a stored pocket in the back of his mind, the area that tended to taunt him, and then use it when he needed it, and he needed it now.

Four daggers slashed out at the figures pinning him to the door, two in each hand; one pointing up, and the other down. The figures backed off, realizing something had changed in their target, but that only enticed Kairo. Rolling forward, he stabbed one of the figures where its knee should have been and cut another's foot cleanly off with a back hand stroke. Coming out of the roll by standing up, Kairo blocked a dagger thrust from the third target, but received a kick to the stomach from the fourth. Stepping backwards to lessen the force of the impact, Kairo wrapped his left arm around the alien's leg, and stabbed viciously down with his right. Leaving the dagger in the leg, Kairo flicked his wrist and sent the second one into the first alien's head, a sickly dark fluid spurting out.

A slice to his left arm from the alien with only on foot caused Kairo to release his grip. Jerking backwards, he dodged two dagger strokes, but this gave the aliens' room to attack, even if they had all received massive attacks, they still kept coming. Ducking and dodging, Kairo was forced to the defensive, blocking dagger strikes with his own, all the while moving backwards across the room. Realizing he was going to be pinned against a wall soon, Kairo chose to go with one of his old policies, "A best defense is a good offense." Flinging the two daggers in his left hand, Kairo also sent two from his left in quick succession, all of them aim at the aliens. Caught off guard, the aliens dove backwards or to the sides, all of them some how dodging the daggers from close quarters.

Even though his primary goal wasn't to hit them with the daggers, it still would have been nice. The diversion had worked for its purpose though. Before one of the aliens knew it, a blur of steel and energy sliced him up the middle. Twirling his vibropike, Kairo swung it around to sweep under another of the alien's feet, tripping him. Wrapping it around his back, he caught it with his left hand and spun it around to slice off the first alien's head. Ignoring the blood that now stained him and his clothes, Kairo pushed on, still drawing from his stored up power and grief. Three. Kairo had an odd habit to sometimes count down how many targets he had while he fought, though it was completely by accident. A flourish from his pike blocked blows from the other two aliens, but this also gave the alien on the floor enough time to get up. The four of the squared off for a moment. It seemed that Kairo was at a disadvantage with three on one, but the aliens seemed to only be extremely deadly in close hand combat. If he could keep them at a distance with his pike, then he might have a chance, hopefully. The next few seconds would decide the outcome.

Moving at once, the three shadows converged on Kairo, each one throwing a dagger at him as well as lounging out with ones in their hands. Spinning his pike in a blur, Kairo knocked two of the daggers out of the air while sidestepping the third, which had been aimed at his feet. Using the shafts momentum, he let the length of it slip almost completely through his right hand until he was only holding onto the bottom. Wheeling it around, he brought it crashing down on two of the alien's heads with a dull crunching sound. But Kairo couldn't take them all out at once. Using his two ally's deaths to his advantage, the last adversary seemed to move behind Kairo in an instant, just like they had back in the closet room. Shadows seemed to aid them somehow. Stabbing down, the alien plunged his dagger into Kairo's back. Letting out a deadly grunt of pain, Kairo threw his pike straight up which freed his hands. Pulling out two more daggers, Kairo plunged them into the alien behind him. Ignoring the pain blossoming from his back, Kairo spun around and caught the pike on its way down. With a howl, he sliced right through the center of the alien's body and twisted it around to cut downward into the alien's head.

As a sense of reality closed back in, Kairo dropped to his knees and retracted his pike. Clipping it to his waist, he reached behind him and drew out the dagger. Throwing it to the side, it was only then that he noticed the room's fifth occupant. Sitting straight up in her bed, Concetta had a look of pure terror on her face. "That's not good." Kairo managed to say as he collapsed onto the tile floor.

***Awhile Later***

"He's awake my lady." A voice said as Kairo opened his eyes. It was still dark outside, and the alien bodies were only now being dragged out of the room, their blood staining the carpet Kairo had killed them on.

"Good. Now leave us." Concetta said. Uncertain if he should actually follow this order, the guard decided he didn't really have a choice and left, motioning for everyone to leave. "It's time I tell you the whole story it seems. Oh, don't worry. The rest of your men are fine. They made it back to their rooms without anyone being the wiser, though I couldn't very well send you back with them. They didn't like that much. They went back through the gardens. It seems I owe you my life. These aliens are not in my service and were probably sent to kill me. If you and your men hadn't. . . arrived," She decided to use that word, "I may be dead. Unfortunately, I can't just explain away all these dead assassins. Someone would have to have been here to take care of them, and most unfortunately, I'm using you. Of course, how you go into my quarters is still illegal and thus you will be tried for that. Actually, no trial is necessary, I can do it myself. You are sentenced to a day in the Euceron jail. Now, as Ruling Power, I remove the sentence, since you so obviously saved my life and aided Euceron. There you have it. You have now just become a hero. How's it feel?"

Kairo's head was spinning. Nothing was making much sense. Maybe he had just died and this was his own personal form of hell. Concetta didn't pause for long. "None of this will really get out to the public. Only a few people will know, like the Ruling Powers and a few select nobles. But all of that rides on one thing, you telling me why you were in my closet." Her bright eyes stared directly into his. She was quite beautiful really.

Kairo decided he had better tell the truth. "I was listening in to see if I could confirm something I heard earlier. First, you seemed to recognize that assassin I killed earlier. After that, I heard a few of your men talking about looking after the other Ruling Powers. Something is definitely going on here, and I think the Empire has a right to know before we are thrown into the middle of it. Though, I don't really care one way or the other." Kairo then realized two things. First, he had sealed off his curse once again in the back of his mind, though it was a delicate hold. Second, what he had just said to Concetta could land him in a Euceron prison for the rest of his life. There was no going back though.

Standing up she said, "I admire your courage, though it was probably just stupidity. Here is what is really going on. All five of the Ruling Powers have been trying to kill each other for the past few months. A new law has come about declaring two things. First, if the games do not go off successfully, the council of the people will remove the Ruling Powers and place a ruling system into place. Second, The Ruling Powers have to decide within two weeks who is to become the Supreme Ruler. That person will still be a Ruling Power but have a bit more authority. Now, if in those two weeks one of the Powers is to die, he won't be replaced until the Supreme Power is chosen. Thus, if all of us were to die but one, the last person would receive automatic Power." Kairo felt he was lost. Politics had never interested him, but he memorized everything he heard to relay to Rizzit, who Kairo hoped would understand everything. "I will be sending you back to your quarters now with no strings attached, but I do hope that from now on, you will trust me. I am completely for the people of Euceron. The other four Ruling Powers are completely out for themselves. I know this is hard to believe due to my family's history, but you must believe me. Here, take this." She handed Kairo a comlink. "Give that to your leader. I may be contacting him."

Everything seemed a blur after that. Kairo was back in the army quarters before he knew it. He didn't even notice that the other squads had arrived late at night, but that was expected of public transportation, you couldn't decide when you arrived really. Rizzit met him in Kairo's room and listened quite carefully as Kairo explained what had happened. Once done, Kairo wasn't sure if Rizzit was mad or not. Nothing had gone wrong, and the information they had received was most important. Rizzit finally said, "You have tomorrow off. Make sure you get some rest, Oh, you're already asleep." Sure enough, Kairo had passed out on his bed. The nights events had had caught up with him. The wound on his back had been patched up but his mind was still wrought with fatigue from his fight, the information Concetta had given him, and everything else. "Hmm, this is most distressing though about the Ruling Powers," Rizzit still continued to say. "We may eventually actually have to pick a side." With that, Rizzit left, heading out to speak with all the squad leaders. The events on Euceron were just beginning.

(OOC Well that's it from me. I go on leave tomorrow. I think I've explained everything pretty clearly. You can play with this in so many ways. I hope to find a great story once I come back. Have fun with this everyone. I hope I gave you something good to work with. If you need me to change anything Rizzit, let me know. )

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

LK-486
ComNet n00b

LK-486

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  121
June 22, 2006 2:24:51 PM    View the profile of LK-486 

The Raiders quickly located an exit. As they stepped outside on the beige colored street, LK-486 looked around the moonlit city. Tall, luminous buildings literally scraped the sky as hovercars navigated the dark streets below. He turned his gaze to his squad mates. They seemed capable enough.

He moved a little closer to his squad members. After a brief discussion, a plan was formulated to find a sleeping spot for the night. It was possible that the next day would be quite exhausting. In addition, most, if not all, of the Raiders were suffering severe space-lag. Aphamos stifled a yawn as the group made their way through the winding streets. Finally, the large palace, in all it's glory, loomed in front of them.

Trix stared wide-eyed at Evis as the members trooped in. Darr-Rann approached a servant and muttered a few things to her. She gave him four keycards to their rooms- three for the male troopers and one for the lady. Darr grinned at Trix as he tossed her the key card. She caught the key card and pocketed it.

Soon, bunking arrangements were made. As the palace rooms had two beds in each room, two men would be sleeping in the same room. Darr would be with Squall, LK-486 with Aphamos, and Evis would bunk with Daminga.

LK-486 held his head. "After all that excitement, my throat is dry. Would you like to accompany me to the bar?" A general murmur of agreement rose from the squad. The squad entered the metropolis once again, proceeded directly to a brightly lit bar. They strode in and sat down at a booth in the corner. The tan booth was one-fourth of a circle, with red cushions. In the center there lay a simple yellow table resting on a black stand.

A waitress came forth to ask them their beverage preference. Darr started the chain by ordering a Correllian Ale. Around the booth the orders went, until the waitress asked LK-486 what he would have to drink. He looked up at the woman, and in a clear voice declared that his choice of beverage would be water.

Soon the team was sipping their drinks out of metal bar mugs. The place had class, but apparently there had been a few budget cuts in the kitchen department. LK-486's eyes did not move from a spot behind Aphamos as he slowly drank from his mug. Aphamos peered over the rim of his cup at LK-486. "Something the matter, LK-486?" He asked.

LK-486 set his mug down, and rested his chin over a pair of black-gloved hands. "Yes. I think I know that man over at the bar."

Darr-Raan looked past Aphamos at a man sitting at the bar, draining a shot of Talusian Brandy. "He has his back turned to us, LK-486. How can you even tell what he looks like?"

LK-486 nodded his head. "A valid point sir, but I think I recognize that posture." He shrugged. "I assume I should go over there and meet him." LK-486, being at the left end of the booth, had no problem exiting and striding over the reddish-tan tiled floor to the man. Upon reaching him, LK-486 tapped the man on the back. After a brief conversation, the man turned back to nursing his drink, and LK-486 navigated his way back to the booth,  and sat down in his seat. Daminga watched LK-486 as he sat back down.

"Do you know him?" Daminga asked.

LK-486 shook his head. "I believe so, though he denies a relationship between us. I will watch for him later." LK-486 turned back to his water. 

"Well, he's probably nobody." Daminga said. He raised his mug. "Cheers to our new recruit!" He exclaimed. After one brief toast, LK-486 drained the rest of his water and announced that he would like to go to sleep. Aphamos agreed with him, stating that he was tired as well.

LK-486 and Aphamos silently back to the palace. Upon entering, LK-486 looked at his room key. "We're number 777, Aphamos." He stated. After a bit of searching and asking for directions, they strode down a brightly lit hallway to their room. As LK-486 slid his keycard into the lock slot, he looked at Aphamos. "I do know that man."

Aphamos raised his eyebrows. "Really now? And who was he?"

LK-486's response was chilling in how plain he stated it. "He was my brother."

[This message has been edited by LK-486 (edited June 22, 2006 2:26:27 PM)]
[This message has been edited by LK-486 (edited June 22, 2006 2:45:04 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2102
June 22, 2006 10:14:13 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The next morning, the squads assembled in one of the Suites. As before, everyone was sitting on beds. The officers were standing against the wall. This time however, space was tighter and Rizzit set up a projector against the wall. A mock-up map of Euceron City was being displayed on the wall behind him.

"Thanks again for coming. Welcome to those of you that have just landed. I'm gonna make this quick because we gotta get out there quickly. The games are two days away, and everyone is arriving now. I want to re-arrange the groups a little bit. Please get into groups as I name them. Leon, Knightfire, Squall, and LK: I want you to head out with Garet and keep an eye on the palace. Don't forget you're undercover, so try not to blow our cover."

The group headed out of the room and went to keep an eye on things in the palace. In the meantime, Rizzit continued on with the briefing.

"Zafo, you're going to take Typex, Knightwind, Daiminga, BV, Swift, and Freedon. I want you to go keep an eye on the stands."

As with the group before, the second group left the room and headed for the main boulevard of Eusebus. From there, they would split up and each cover a different shop or stand.

"Merrick, if you don't mind: please take Jak along with Christina, Trix and Jennabelle. I'd like you guys to try and find out the details on this 'podrace' supposedly going on during the games. If you find something out, we'll see if we can do something about it."

Merrick made some sort of grumbling remark, but Rizzit didn't hear it. Her group followed her quickly, as they knew better than to do otherwise.

"Darr, I want you to take Aphamos and Andrew. I need you to keep an eye on things at the hangar. Your group is small because we can't have too many people standing around there wether they are undercover or not. Now I'm only gonna say this once so remember: you are on duty. Please TRY not to let the sleekness of a ship take your mind off things. If for some reason you need backup, call Kairo to come meet you."

Darr-Raan's group took their time getting up, and Kairo decided to get up as well. He didn't go with the group though, he parted ways. Apparently he had something to attend to, but it was of no concern at the moment..

"The rest of you will be coming with me. Sam, Eviscares, Giovanni, RK, and Kairo when he returns. We will be patrolling the main boulevard of Eusebus with particular focus on the stadiums. With the Opening Rituals days away, things are very unlikely that everything will be going smoothly. Okay everyone let's move out!"

OOC: If I left out someone, please forgive me. There are a lot of you, but I think I got everyone. If you have been forgotten, please contact me immediately.

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 22, 2006 10:28:59 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 23, 2006 10:02:38 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  565
June 22, 2006 11:24:57 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet leaned up against a wall, quietly listening to Rizzit's instructions. Again with the responsibility, Garet thought as he heard his name being called, What's with it lately? The four names that were given to him were unfamiliar, save Squall. Zafo, Darr, and Merrick were called to lead as well; all Squad Leaders. Garet took the assignment with fortitude though, ready for his duty. As Rizzit finished up, Garet walked outside to get some air with most of the others.

Zafo passed by and the two briskly shook hands. "Good luck," Zafo said with a smile.

"Yeah, you too," Garet said. "Don't spend all your credits in one place," he added with a smile. Zafo was heading for the stands, and Garet knew he wouldn't be able to keep his wallet closed. Zafo chuckled and walked towards the main area.

At this point, four troopers walked up to Garet. He recognized Squall (from his very short time they worked together in DD), and assumed the three others were the other three assigned with him. Garet extended his hand towards Squall, and when Squall answered, shook his hand.

"Corporal Squall, Raiders," he said as the two shook. "Good to see you again, sir." He gave a slight smile.

Garet took turns with the others as well, introducing himself each time. Respectively, the three other troopers introduced themselves:

"Private LK, Raiders, sir." He seems resolved, respecting.

"Private Knightfire, Night Stalkers." Ah, so this is the trooper Knightwind has been mentioning.

"Lance Corporal Leon, Night Stalkers." Woah, settle down kid. Don't be too proud... Then again, this energy may be good.

After they had acquainted themselves, it was time to get to work. "Well, you all know the assignment. I'll give you fifteen minutes to change and get whatever you need. Try not to be too suspicious, if you could." Garet himself was already wearing his now signature suit. And like the night before, he hid just one of his Annihilators in his special lining.

As the four came back, Garet seemed to stiffen up a bit. He was unsure whether or not this would go well. "Everyone ready?" he asked. "Since we're in the Palace, I assume we can come back if we need to." Taking a deep breath to ease himself a bit, he threw his thumb over his shoulder towards the door. "Alright then, let's go."

(OOC: I'm gonna leave some of this up to my team here. If it doesn't look like anyone will post, I'll continue.)

-----------------------
Jester Squad

SL/SGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

Merrick
ComNet Marshal

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  457
June 23, 2006 12:06:14 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
(OOC: Sure, give me all the girls.)

OOC: Well, I thought I'd be doing you a favor.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 23, 2006 11:02:57 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited June 23, 2006 11:03:13 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:23:52 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 114  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >