Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  370
Total Posts:  814
  topics
July 29, 2006 5:54:43 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
well, guys, I may have just opened my eyes upon some issues watching these two movies: "Syriana," "V for Vendetta"

For those of you who have seen those two movies, the issues that are surrounding them concern somewhat to the issues of the now known world.

Syriana, of course, is a controversal movie, especially when you think about who the CIA is killing, a good man, Prince Nasir, who only want what is right for this country, ruined by the politics and business of Americans, yes, americans.

I have to admit, this is a fight to the death, yes, but Prince Nasir only    wanted what was good for the people, not for money for the rich oil fields they have.
So what if it came to a coup, as Prince Nasir said the arabs have been ruled for centuries by people with no respect for law, monopolies handed out what people want, commerce stifled, young people unable to find jobs, just what the problems of the arab society. Critiziers are thrown in jail or killed, just like a totalitarian society, facism society. Women treated as second class citizens, when they are supposed to be equal.

Those people are now seeking sucide in the face of us, because they believe that there will be someone to help them, someone like Prince Nasir, who will stand up and charge in the face of evil. Though he was killed by the CIA, his ideas shall remain because in the middle east, we must stop, or it will turn into our loss at Vietnam, a loss we just couldn't bear.

V for Vendetta is that fight for a equal government, a fight I always love to see, because the planners really are really smart, have a great intellect, and feel they understand when others do not. V needed a woman like evey so that she could remind him of Valerie, who is his love that made him so wanting to fight evil. I think that was the best movie ever made, I'll let you gentlemen think about it and say your say.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
D'har Leth
ComNet Initiate

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  125
Total Posts:  501
  RE: Iraq then Iran
July 29, 2006 11:49:24 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Well, I haven't seen Syriana, but I have seen V for Vendetta and I can say that it's definitely one of my favorite movies.  I'm an anti'authoritarian type of person.  I've been suspended from school for wearing a trenchcoat.  I've been sent to the principal's office for asking too many questions.  Yes, that's right, asking too many questions.  They go and preach about respect, tell us to respect eachother, respect them, but they don't respect us.  No, they don't respect me.  I feel this is because I am different, and despite what they say about everybody being special and everybody being different, they still target me for being different.  Last year, one of the star football players got caught with pot in his locker.  Their rules dictate that he could be up for expulsion, and yet he didn't get detention.  I don't smoke pot, but if they found pot in my locker, I'd be expelled in an instant.  They don't really care about me, or any of my friends.  They care about themselves and worry about us losing it and killing someone.  That won't happen.  In fact, the only way that would happen is if they keep treating us like second class citizens.  Part of the reason that they don't understand me is that I'm more intelligent than they are.  They preach difference and tolerance, but they try to make us all the same.  Beware of authority, don't let them get to you, think about everything, don't just do it.

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/Nar Shaddaa

{Official VE Zombie Expert}
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  372
July 30, 2006 4:03:23 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
very good, I'm inspired by you kind of people, if V saw someone like you, D'har Leth, he would definitely recurit you in his cause, excellent!

Anyone else?

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  96
Total Posts:  187
August 5, 2006 12:31:13 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
I am so sorry,  because I shouldn't even be posting until I am sure . I am accepted here.  I have been off line for more than two weeks now but I'm back for awhile . and I just have to bring up your self esteem. You have it,man. Dhar I was the same way when I was your age.  DON'T give up the good fight. Stay just the way you are. And when you see those jocks in the hall don't even move to the side for them even if it means getting pushed .PUSH back man.  I tell you what.  Twenty years later they are the small people in MY world.  Yeah some of them have gone on and were lucky enough to have some good breaks and even inherit some $$$$ . I didn't inherit a dang thing and I now have a good job as a chef at one of THE top country clubs in THE U.S. of A.  Nobody I ever knew in HIGHSCHOOL is even in my life now. So, once again, Keep up the good fight. P.S.  A trench coat was always my favorite attire

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  97
Total Posts:  187
August 5, 2006 1:00:56 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
And not to you D'har but I went right to page six of this discussion and saw your input on your  current highscool dilema and felt the need to expound upon it because everyone needs a little moral support every once in a while. BUT to everyone else who felt the need to tell me how stupid they thought I was, delusional,  a crackpot, misfit  whatever , have you not seen the news lately? A Holy War is when one society declares war upon another society because of religious beliefs. Islamic Jihaad has already been declared. That is the Muslim name for Holy War. It has been declared on Israel and all it's allies. That includes us and most of the European nations.  Do I really need to go on and on. Well I will.  We have in return have had to retaliate against thier Islamic Jihaad with our own holy war. As I explained before, this all stems from the Crusades when WE as European conquerers went to reclaim the Holy land.  Hasn't anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven? That's another good movie

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  395
Total Posts:  2089
August 5, 2006 9:26:25 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
MyKill please lets not bring back this conversation, plus doesn't it say in the bible love thy neighbor? Lets not forget these Jihaadists are still human, and aren't that different from people from the bible belt with the exception of being at war.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1492
Total Posts:  2143
August 5, 2006 9:33:10 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Society eh?  Last I checked we have a trouble of wealthy terrorist leaders finding poor oppressed people to do their evil bidding against the west.  They may call it a Jihad but it is hardly the muslim world declaring war on us.  Even in The Israel-Lebanon conflict it is not a Holy War.  Hezbollah is a Lebanese resistance organization that attacked Israel and Israel attacked back.  This is war but it is not a Holy War.  You are quick to use the term but I don't think it is warranted.  Simple put, those like bin Laden are using their call to Jihad as a way to further their own political cause.  Their cause is to remove what they  see as western supported corrupted dictatorships in the Middle East (ala. Saudi Arabia) and replace them with fundamentalist governments (ala. Taliban).  They sell this to the poor, unemployed, oppressed, angry people who just want a normal life by using religion and anti-western rants.  This is not the crusades.  You are buying into the rhetoric and not looking at the reality; that is a very dangerous thing.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  396
August 5, 2006 9:44:07 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Speaking of which when they raided Saddam's palaces you will not believe the amount of Western stuff they found there, TV's, M&M's, and pretty much everything else you would expect a rich dictator to own, not as if he was Spartan.

-----------------------

Atrick25
ComNet Member

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  301
Total Posts:  380
August 5, 2006 12:25:10 AM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Agreed Arturus. The only Holy War I really know about is the Crusades. Is that spelled right? :>

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-10/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Atrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  381
  Stop War Now!
August 6, 2006 4:39:39 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
look, the thing is we're in a world filled with war, I hope you guys had to the time to crack down on other books written by Dan Brown rather than just the da vinci code, because they are very into our society, especially the areas where we're think are most safe, the NSA and the NRO (national reconnaisence office). That's the digital fortess and deception point.

Oh come on, I'm talking about corrupt bureacreats, bankers, if you guys even take in the stuff in games like Hitman or Splinter Cell, you 'd see what the world can really come to when you just send in a one-man army, how much money it takes, I mean, much less than sending in an army. Why is none of the politicans thinking pacfism, why are they all warlike.

Westerners have invaded China, invaded Africa, South America, all for money and gold, all those things worth of value. They spread diseases, fear, panic. Take China for example, I'm in a country who would love to mock and swear at every one of those Americans. Because guess what? We've got poor people in Iraq because of America's stupid decision to attack a dictatorship without thinking about it.

Yes, I stand by the pacifism, I'm a pacifist now, I see how Israel can't stop its war with Lebanon, look at the muslims, I support their decision for a holy war, 'cause guess what, America is being hated by the same people that do business. Another fact is the business is the oil! I think we should start for looking for another source of power for cars, don't you think? Hasn't America's great people think up one?

As some of you know, Annan, one of the best ambassors I've ever see, he's helped lots of people, a true pacifist. for peace in this land, I would truly choose him as its leader, because he's done more than just help, he's got us through this tough time. If anyone wants to learn something about how to help this world back on its feet, ask Annan.

Something to end this: it's not who you are underneath, but it's what you do that defines you. -----Batman

Just like the great Martin Luther King Jr., that quote single-handly defines what black people can do, yes it's exactly what you do that defines you, remember this: It's not about the color of your skin, but the content of your character.

Amen.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Trix
ComNet Initiate

Trix

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  136
August 6, 2006 5:45:10 AM    View the profile of Trix 
Jenny, I don't play games, but I do read newspapers at home and online.

I think what forms the society, is the previous generation's priorities. (Not entirely though.)
I mean. For example. 'Call of Duty'
Its a great game, Ive played it numerous times, but the World War wasn't a game. Yet, the younger generation plays the game, and grows up tinking it wasn't much of a big deal and makes the same mistake. I dunnp

Israel, the Jews were victims of the Halocaust, yet look at what they are doing today.

-----------------------

TRP/CPL Trix/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jester Squad

CrimeXposeSouthafrica
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited August 6, 2006 5:46:20 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  384
August 6, 2006 7:04:13 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 6, 2006 7:04:51 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  385
August 6, 2006 7:04:34 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
perfect example, the jews, and I know what you mean, Trix, they just don't understand how many sacrificed their lives in WWII

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  406
August 6, 2006 9:04:42 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Jen one man armies are only in videogames sadly, I dont know about you but everytime I go to sneak up on someone my leg cracks and I'm seen, also in in RL unlike hitman one shot tends to kill if your not wearing a vest.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  390
August 6, 2006 9:09:13 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
well, sneaking is for perfessionals, not you, probably, and hitman one wasn't so good, you should play the better ones, like hitman 2 or 3, those are better, much better. Hitman One was kind of a badly made hollywood movie.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  407
August 6, 2006 9:12:21 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I have hitman 2 somewhere around here *looks around* I think its in the other room. Pretty easy game, once you get used to it

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  707
Total Posts:  1348
August 6, 2006 12:25:03 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Rogueboy, you ever seen the American Army commercials?

Their slogan is "An Army of One" for a reason.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

Post Number:  409
August 6, 2006 1:58:23 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Garet what I was saying is that one single person will not change the war.

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  711
August 6, 2006 2:02:35 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
I was joking around...

-----------------------
Jester Squad

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1496
August 6, 2006 2:23:16 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Since we have had man we have had war; the solution is not the vain campaign to abolish this inevitable human activity but rather to use war justly and sparingly for the benefit of humanity.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  395
August 8, 2006 6:48:41 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
yes, which is why we should start getting into the idea of training special people to do these things, oh come on, people, even though Sam Fisher (in Splinter Cell) is one man, he can do the work of five men, now that's an agent that really is deservent of having.

Also, "Hitman" may be a bit of a crazy idea, because the guy is an assassin, but he kills people who have wrecked the lives of so many, if you've played Hitman 4, the guy in the tutorial level is one that should be killed, a crazy boss who ruin many families by a ferris wheel accident that happened in his amusement park. Too bad no one sought to inspect the safety of his amusement park, too scared I guess, or being bribed too good.

Just a point on the Holy Wars, you hit too far in a particular religious region, they tend to hit back sooner or later, Israel is now killing innocent civilian and giving Westerners a bad name, oh, so is America, taking on Iraq while sucide bombers kill all around, now why did the Muslims hit back? Well, they hate being harrassed, and there is a point to watching Kingdom of Heaven, cause you truly realize how we won't be about to beat them.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  717
August 8, 2006 9:52:10 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
First of all, Sam Fisher is a made up character and no one could ever be like him. Reason being that, if you played his games, you'll know how stupid the enemy AI is. Sure, it's a great, fun game, but enemies are much smarter in real life; able to hear and see you much easier.

Not to mention our Intelligence isn't that... intelligent. This has been proven in the Middle East during the Bush Sr. Administration and the Bay of Pigs in Cuba.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

SL/GSG Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1497
August 8, 2006 11:30:14 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Not to mention in Iraq.  Oh right, where are those WMDs again?

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  720
August 8, 2006 11:34:39 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
What can I say? The UN was wrong.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1498
August 8, 2006 1:15:41 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Excuse me?  The US and CIA were wrong, not the UN.  There are no WMDs in Iraq.

-----------------------

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  421
August 8, 2006 1:37:00 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Garet I do recall you saying "US spearheading the UN." at one point on mIRC.

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  721
August 8, 2006 2:33:42 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
We may spearhead it, but the UN backed us.

Well, they didn't stop us.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Atrick25
ComNet Member

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  305
Total Posts:  380
August 8, 2006 3:48:16 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Garet, about your Splinter Cell comment. There may be ones they just don't exist

We don't actually know.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-10/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Atrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1499
August 8, 2006 6:10:26 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Garet how exactly would the UN stop the US?

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  723
August 8, 2006 9:33:51 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Good question.

Trade embargo?

-----------------------
Jester Squad

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Iraq then Iran  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:41:13 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 174  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >