Atrick25
ComNet Initiate

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  182
Total Posts:  380
  RE: Iraq then Iran
July 2, 2006 11:34:59 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Because Jews were flooding in as refugees from the war. They hoped to get away from that but found resistance in Palestine. So, after territorial agreements that are still not solid to this day, Israel was created. The only problem was, a war war started but it's showing some improvement over the last couple years with new diplomacy and such.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-10/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Atrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  58
Total Posts:  187
July 2, 2006 11:45:14 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Man you really believe all that CNN  junk.The Muslims,meaning every Arab nation have vowwed,meaning to kill  Israel.WE as the U.S of A are one of  the last nations to back them up.They are trying to live peacably in a real hostile world and THE ARABS have vowwed  to destroy them.I know I am repeting myself.But if I was Israel I would nuke em' all sorry man I'm not Jewish.It's just survival

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Atrick25
ComNet Initiate

Atrick25

Post Number:  185
July 2, 2006 11:51:52 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Are you oblivious to the world? Are you? Yasser Arafat is not a homicidal maniac and is actually helping the peace process. They're hoping to get a peace treaty signed in September.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Hunter Plasma
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  1
Total Posts:  89
July 3, 2006 12:15:00 AM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
wtf ok so bush aint no George Washinghton but i would rather have him then a women president. i mean the women would be nuking  places
once a month because of her female problems
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  63
July 3, 2006 12:26:41 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Whoa man.I think we got a little off page here.All I am saying is Israel has a right to stick up for itself considering the fact that they are surrounded by homicidal maniacs that are intent on not only destroying Israel,but the rest  of  us  INFIDELS TOO!!!!

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  64
July 3, 2006 12:29:30 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
And by  the way WHAT WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN Yasser Arrafat is dead.or practically so.

-----------------------
D'har Leth
ComNet Novice

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  75
Total Posts:  501
July 3, 2006 1:58:22 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
And yet to think that my point is being proven by your argument.  Okay, Israel was created after World War II, it was in fact created in Palestine, which was owned by the British Empire at the time.  However, the idea was led along by Zionism, the movement to create a Jewish state in the holy land.  I think this probably was a bad move, but it was a popular idea at the time.  Not all Muslims are extremists, most aren't , in fact there are way more Christian extremists.  Nuclear weaponry is a bad idea PERIOD.  There is nothing that nuclear weaponry acomplishes except millions of innocent lives lost.  Despite how the American media portrays Arafat and other middle eastern leaders, they are not psychotic madmen who'll blow up the world at moments notice.  The fact that we have war based on religion is ridiculous.  Religion is so insignificant in terms of who lives and who dies.  To say that someone has to die beacause they have a different belief system, or a slightly different approach to the same faith is so unnerringly stupid, that anyone who thinks in that manner of fascism is the true product of man's hate towards his fellow man.  If you were to ask why someone should die for thinking differently, you'd get a cop-out answer.  If you kept asking why, you'd never get an answer, because there is no real reason, just hatred.  It's fine to be attuned to your own spirituality, but to make a conscious effort to conform to the standards of something is a betrayal of oneself.  I don't care what religion you practice, or if you don't practice one at all, just as long as it doesn't interfere with other people's lives.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

(BUY MORE URINAL CAKES)
[This message has been edited by D'har Leth (edited July 3, 2006 1:59:08 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  252
Total Posts:  2089
July 3, 2006 8:16:06 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Nice speach Dhar', also Israel isnt innocent just the media doesnt show you the footage of Israelian tanks running over huts with people inside, or gunning down children while they run.

EDIT: added the nt in isnt bad typo
-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited July 3, 2006 4:44:26 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  593
Total Posts:  1348
July 3, 2006 9:06:40 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
I can't believe you Mykill. That is the most blatant racist thing I have ever seen or heard. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly patriotic, but I know that all Middle Eastern people are not homicidal or suicidal maniacs.

"The Muslims,meaning every Arab nation have vowwed,meaning to kill  Israel"

Me, being part Turkish, can tell you for a fact, that statement is racist spurred. It is absolutely wrong.

You really think that nations would do that? Do you? That's the stupidest thing they could ever do, destroying a neighbor nation over Religious reasons. Let me tell you something: no government is run by religion, no decision made based on religious bias.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  254
July 3, 2006 9:42:11 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Religion is used as an excuse to sway the common man to incite him to brave/foolish honorable/dishonorable deeds. Jihad was declared solely to get more recruits and it worked.

(As you can see I'm not religious and dont place much stock in religion, any who are offended by what I said........deal with it)

-----------------------

Merrick
ComNet Member

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Captain

Post Number:  465
Total Posts:  659
July 3, 2006 4:14:34 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Organised religion, from its very inception, has been used as an excuse and a means of starting and ending wars. Land and money are usually actually the root of the problems.

The emergance of a global economy is aiding in the number and severity of conflicts generated by the lust of money especially. Oil and politics, these days, go hand in hand.

However, regardless of your personal stance on these things, two things are always obvious to me. Firstly: You CANNOT say you are proud to be American (or even Australian) and then go and protest the war while your own brethren are in harm's way. Secondly: No matter how loudly you shout about it, the fact that it's about money/land will never chance. Politicians will ALWAYS say it's for this and that and in these people's best interest. It isn't. America only ever got involved in a war when it suited them, and it will always be that way.

These people are only going to achieve peace if we butt out and let them sort out their problems. Having said that, most of them don't want to. I for one have always recognised that it may well be America's warlike attitude that has kept Australia free, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I support what they do. I don't like that we get dragged into conflicts of someone else's making, but I WILL NOT say that those men's lives are void just because I do not agree with their cause.

Like it or not, they are your guys fighting for, they say, freedom. In the end, it comes down to being human. If you protest the war once they are there, you protest those people's lives.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
XO/CPT Merrick/VEA/TADATH/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
SL/CPT Merrick/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Verastinian Republic - Minister of Subversion
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited July 3, 2006 4:15:41 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited July 3, 2006 4:16:37 PM)]
Atrick25
ComNet Initiate

Atrick25

Post Number:  191
July 3, 2006 4:18:12 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Well said Merrick.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  257
July 3, 2006 4:46:14 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Agreed not to mention soldiers arent trained to think of why they are there only what to do.....makes it easier for them I guess

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  596
July 3, 2006 11:17:50 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Cheers, Merr.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  66
July 5, 2006 12:08:46 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Oh.You are all so naive.I am not racist in any way what so ever.If you knew me and my family,we have every race in MY FAMILY. WE also have every arguement  that COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN between families. I have every religion within MY OWN FAMILY. We have extensive arguement on the subject of idealism and relegion. And it has been found that religion rules. You really are so naive that you don'[t even think that the KURDS AND IRAQIS don't fight over religion.YES they fight over territory,but the Jews and ARABS they don't really fight over RELIGION ONLY TERRITORY come on man. get real

-----------------------
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  602
July 5, 2006 11:38:24 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Well, sure. The *people* might fight, but governments don't declare war due to Religious reasons. You think Al Quaeda is government funded? They're a renegade group. They'd attack their own nation if they went Christian.

But, looking at the other side of the argument, you have to remember all the times we've just invited ourselves into the Middle East. It may be retaliatory, using religion as a cover up.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  794
July 5, 2006 12:25:30 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Hunter, a woman president really wouldn't be that bad. (as long as it wasn't Clinton) Women are just as emotional as men. Men tend to show their feelings through anger where as women tend to show their feelings in other ways. I've noticed that women tend to be more logical than men, but that is because they think about things a lot. I'm certain that a woman president wouldn't just go about launching nuclear weapons just because she has had a bad day. Honestly, I think you need to think about what you have to say before you post because clearly you have a hard time coming up with a thoughtful statement that contributes to coversation.

Moving on. Mykill, I'm just wondering but do you even know why there is so much hate toward Israel from other middle eastern countries? Israel was created, yes that is right created, after the second world war. The British had control over Palastine after the first world war, then after WWII they decided to split it into two countries, one arab and one jewish. The Arab leaders didn't agree with the plan, but the Jewish leaders accepted the plan. Thus, the millitary conflicts between the two countries.

THE ARABS have vowwed  to destroy them.I know I am repeting myself.But

It isn't really that the Arabs have vowed to destroy Israel more just take it back because they believe that it is rightfully theirs. I find that understandable because it was just taken from them without their say in the matter.

if I was Israel I would nuke em' all sorry man I'm not Jewish.It's just survival

Nuclear warfare isn't tha answer to everything. Yes, I do know that there have been peace talks that have not worked well at all. Either way I'm certain that there is another way that can resolve this problem. Plus, if Irael was to just nuke the other Arab countries they would lose the support of NATO. Then they would be frighting a war by themselves. They may have nuclear weapons but thoste can only go so far.

I guess I'm done.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
LK-486
ComNet n00b

LK-486

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  121
July 5, 2006 11:01:24 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
Nuclear war would probably not solve anything. Sure, we'd all be dead, but I fail to see how thats the goal. I agree with Sam.

After seeing movies like Munich (im not sure how based in fact that movie is) I actually feel sorry for those in Palestine. No home? No land to call their own? I ended up feeling sorrier for them than the Israelites.

As a US citizen though, I've got my lot thrown in with Israel.

As for a woman president- rock on. PMS normally does not end romantic relationships, so I fail to see how it would start a nuclear war.

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  609
July 6, 2006 10:28:18 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Then again, the only women who have the stones to run for office... have stones. So there really isn't much difference.

And Munich was pretty much entirely based on facts.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  267
July 6, 2006 12:35:41 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
well my ex told me PMS was an excuse for women to bitch at men, hurts alot but that doesnt mean they have to be that mean, and while Im frustrated with the Iraq situation and it is always so tempting to press that big red button that says launch unfortunately it wouldnt benefit anyone in the long run, you would have a shitload of casualties, land that wont be usable for the next while, spending more money in foreign aid to stop the "Iraq bombing disaster" and whichever country launches the nuke is going to have to come up with one big story explaining how their hand slipped.

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  614
July 6, 2006 12:42:02 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Not to mention if we accidentally hit an undiscovered oil field... byby Iraq.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  268
July 6, 2006 12:49:12 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
i always wondered if a nuke hits an uranium deposit, would there be a chain reaction? only one way to find out GARET LOAD THE NUKE.

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  616
July 6, 2006 1:07:01 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Ehe... I'm a pacifist, thanks.

Well, I'm a pacifist until I get attacked.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  269
July 6, 2006 1:13:05 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
interesting story, in the ice storm of 98 two guys were at my family business sleeping there with rifles (two of my coworkers) one of them was a born again christian (Gary) the other one asked my dad. "what should I do if someone breaks in?" "Shoot Gary first."

-----------------------

Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  78
July 6, 2006 11:58:20 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Well , it seems  as though,after I  have  made  some  very  harsh  commentaries,that all kinds of  people  have had something to say on this subject.Merrick  very  GOOD  comentary.Garret I apologize  for  many  of my  generalizations.And well  sandwich  sam  I  personally  don't  know about  a  female  Commander in chief.Those are all  very  good  subjects  within  themselves.But,not  knowing  Your  personal  religion I  do know  from  MINE .That Israel was given  to  the  Iraelites  who happen to  be the Jews.So  we as  christian  people  gave  it  back to  them and  well  there  is  more to  be said  than that.All I know is. they are  there  NOW,and  the Muslim nations  ,who  yes  might  want  that  land BACK. Are  gonna have to  deal  with the situation ,because Israel  is  there NOW and  they ain't gonna put up with  no  stuff.WOULD YOU?And  not only    all  of    what I    just  said    but  wasn't  this  subject on    terrorism  and  what  about N.  Korea

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  271
July 7, 2006 12:26:38 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
North Korea is another set of problems, but I dont think they would be called terrorists or at least not yet, testing nuclear bombs is still a long way off from firing them not to mention the cost that it took them to fire them, I think it was a tactic to scare the UN into acting foolishly. President Kim I think is looking for an excuse to go to war because he knows the Americans are spread thin in Iraq, Canada is tied up with Afghanistan, Russia is no longer as powerful as it once was, Germany is harboring secret plans to invade again (I still dont trust them, and my trip in Germany didnt really help much) which leaves most other European countries (Britain, France, Other powerful Countries) and Australia to deal with North Korea. China would probably side with North Korea, Japan with the UN, if Cuba gets dragged in probably with North Korea, Iraqi insurgents would press up and the UN would be fighting a two front war which is something every general is afraid of. If I'm wrong in this dont hesitate to correct me, this is based entirely upon how I view the world and is unsupported by facts because I'm too damn lazy to look them up

-----------------------

Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Novice

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  81
July 7, 2006 1:06:23 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Actually  I  think  you  are right  in several  different areas.Not  to spread  MY  Christianic  veiws  but  it does say  in  the book    of  REVELATIONS  that  the "kings    of    the        east"meaning  Russsia  ,China  and  whoever  follows  them          will  create  war  upon  the  children of  GOD,meanining    the  land  of Israel  and  their supporters.It's a  HOLY WAR    I  SAY    AND NOBODY WILL      LISTEN

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  274
July 7, 2006 8:19:55 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
thats because your online, religion is a fading...fad I'm a Christian Catholic I only go to church for weddings, communions, confirmations, and baptisms. I no longer believe in God, maybe he does exist and if he is as kind as they say he is he will forgive me for my doubts when I die.

-----------------------

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  619
July 7, 2006 10:41:41 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
First of all, not to be ripping on religion or anything, but nowadays there's more scientific fact and common sense to rule out most religious text. Because, as we can plainly see, Russia has no interest in war any more. They learned that from the Cold War.

Though China, on the other hand, has the possibilty to become the next world leader. Whether that means by domination or politics, the future knows.

But I have to disagree with you, Mykill. If the east did resort to war, the "children of God" would not be their first target. If anything, they would pick a major country (like US, Britain, or Russia) to attack, or open up fronts in all three of those, since those three are the military leaders. Heck, I'd say they'd attack Iraq or Iran before Isreal/Palestine/"Western Middle East", solely for the purpose of gaining the oil for their army.

So... there's my opinion. As I said earlier, religion has had no place in politics and it will probably never will.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  136
Total Posts:  794
July 7, 2006 1:43:48 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
As Garet said above, religion does not have a place in politics, nor will it ever. Religion is a thing of the past and will always be that way. Personally, I don't care if there is an almighty being. Clearly if there was one who was so kind and helpful, it isn't doing anything to help those who really need it and before it is brought up, I know I am not one who needs a proverbial "miracle."

"...I personally don't know about a female Commander in chief. Those are all very good subjects within themselves. But, not knowing  [y]our  personal  religion[,] I  do know  from  [mine,] [t]hat Israel was given  to  the  Israelites[,] who happen to be [Jewish]. So [,] we as Christian people gave it back to them and well there is more to be said than that..."

Here is a tip. Bring up Google and do a query on "Jane Shaffer" writing, because insight would be wonderful. You said nothing in that quote. And as I stated before, Israel was created after WWII. So, whether or not your religion says that is irrelevant.

Yes this topic has changed, but the fact that all that has been mentioned above is completely relevant to the topic. You must realize, being as old as you claim, that conversations do not stay on a particular topic for very long and gradually move from the first topic to a similar one. That is what makes a conversation intriguing and allows different points of views to be revealed and for people to learn more about the people they interact with often.

Rogueboy, I would have to disagree with you on China siding with North Korea. China, though being a communist country, has worked well with the United Nations in the past. China is one of the founding members of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Not only that, but China was involved in the six party talks with North Korea. Thus, China would probably side with the UN on this issue.

Mykill, if you have anything you would like to speak with about then either send me a comnet message or chat with me on IRC.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Iraq then Iran  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:06:27 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 239  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >