Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  327
Total Posts:  814
  RE: Iraq then Iran
June 5, 2006 4:41:50 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Oh, yeah, right I almost forgot about that, that's one thing that the terrorists love to take on us because they use guerilla warfare.

BTW, I should ask why would we want to ally with Afghanistan, I mean how's their relations with us? That's the question......

also, I agree that bush is turning out to be the next richard nixon because the man is crazy in doing this whole thing, it's a waste of money and people that could have been spent on fighting diseases and the hunger that is living in this world, christ, I mean the man is so impatient!!!!!

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1299
Total Posts:  2143
June 5, 2006 7:12:08 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
If by allying you mean invading, putting in place a new government, and then being friendly occupiers then the west has allied with Afghanistan.  Why invade?  A very simple answer: it was a terrorist sponsored state responsible for harbouring Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda.  I think it is important to point one thing out, the US was not the one to lead the march to war against Afghanistan.  After 9/11, the other nations of NATO invoked article 5 (an attack on one is an attack on all).

-----------------------
WAJ/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  292
June 5, 2006 7:15:52 AM    View the profile of Krius 
Hey Art did you hear what happened in Canada? They found three metric tons of some stuff to make bombs. and they were going to blow something up. What was the deal with that?

-----------------------
FM/ LCR Krius/ Kaph 8/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)
Krius=Leon
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1300
June 5, 2006 11:34:49 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Yes three tonnes of amonium nitrate.  17 people arrested on terrorism related charges.  I must say that my faith in CSIS has improved.  Given investigations it has botched in the past it is good to see they did this well and it's good that they can work efffectively in cooperation with the RCMP.

All anyone knows is that they wanted to blow up something and rumoured targets include the federal CSIS building in Toronto, the CN tower (which a bomb even that size wouldn't knock over), the Peace Tower (which is part of the Centre Block of parliament), or other similar targets.  The Globe and Mail screams "Plot Targeted Peace Tower" as its headline but we'll see.  I guess we'll find out as the investigation continues as to what they had planned to bomb.  They have said it wasn't the transit system but that only makes sense given what they were working with.  No one in their right mind would use a large fertilizer bomb against a transit system when backpacks and suicide belts lined with high grade explosives and ball bearings do the same thing.

All I can say is, kudos to the RCMP and CSIS for doing their jobs well!

-----------------------
WAJ/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1301
June 5, 2006 11:40:42 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Just as I say this more details were just released.  Undercover agents sold the amonium nitrate to the suspects however it was a fake substance designed to look like it.  So really brillaint work on the part of investigators.

-----------------------

Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  292
June 5, 2006 11:59:53 AM    View the profile of Krius 
WOW! There good, but the CN tower? I used to live there before and it doesn't look like the strongest building. But if you say so and Kudos to them!!!

-----------------------
FM/ LCR Krius/ Kaph 8/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)
Krius=Leon
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1302
June 5, 2006 12:21:35 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
It is the tallest free standing structure in the world, it has to be reasonably strong. :P

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  331
June 6, 2006 4:48:06 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
well, I would say that it was a failed attempt and good work to RCMP and CSIS!

By the way, what is RCMP and CSIS?

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1303
June 6, 2006 5:34:06 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  334
June 8, 2006 4:41:00 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
the leader of al-queda has been killed in an air raid, I just saw it on the news, what a great thing that has finally happened.

And guess what came with it, lower gas prices!!!!!!!!

http://www.localnewswatch.com/skyvalley/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=193078

that's where I found the news piece.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited June 8, 2006 4:41:30 AM)]
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1309
June 8, 2006 5:10:21 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Al-Zarqawi was the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.  Osama bin Laden is the leader of Al Qaeda.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  337
June 10, 2006 7:23:32 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Yes, but with Al-Zarqawi dead and more arrests made by U.S. officials, I think that the strain is getting to Al-Quada

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2067
Total Posts:  2689
June 10, 2006 12:43:20 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Two things.

1. Like Art said, Zarqawi was the leader of a small group called al-Qaeda in Iraq.  Basically named such for marketing purposes.

2. This group is the foreign element that is responsible for about 10-15% (depending on who you ask) of the fighters in Iraq that oppose us and the new government.  Though, granted, these are among the most brutal of our adversaries there.

Given both of those trends, we *could* see a splintering of that particular group, but other than for a morale boost on our side of the conflict, it isn't the end-all, be-all you would hope it would be. What they lost was a poster boy, one that couldn't even properly operate a US-made machine gun if you watch the outtakes of his most recent video.

I've spoken with various military officers and NCOs in the past few days, either online or bumping into them around the neighborhood. One special forces NCO pretty much just laughed off the whole thing, and hell, he'd been tasked to off the guy when he was over there. That gives me a good indication as to how much this really means in the grand scheme of things, which isn't that much.

They lost a recruiting tool and an organizer. As for al-Qaeda at large, they lost a rogue element they never really could control anyway.

-----------------------
PRF/SM Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx2][SCPx2][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSM][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  341
June 11, 2006 3:28:56 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
I see, well, more to point, it was a laughable situation, is that what you're saying, fury?

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1311
June 11, 2006 1:34:28 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
He's saying that it is almost laughable that the administration and senior military brass think that the killing of Al-Zarqawi is vitally important and a great victory.  In the area of propaganda and public relations it is a victory given the general ignorance of the average person in regards to what is happening in Iraq and what it really means.  It is a victory for the administation because they will spin this as a case to continue the war, etc.

Al-Zarqawi was apparently charismatic (at least secondary sources maintain this and it is probably on the mark) and a masterful creator of propaganda.  He generated propaganda and his death will be used by the other propaganda masters, the Bush administration.  Does it at all alter the security environment in Iraq?  Not really.  In fact, there is always the worry that killing off a leader will allow radical clerics to spin it as martyrdom and try to gain more recruits.  Killing off terrorist leaders, despite how tempting it might be, is a fundamentally stupid idea in the grand scheme of things.  Capturing them alive and keeping them alive in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives is the best way to eliminate the martyrdom spinoff.

Al Qaeda has a fluid, not rigid, organizational structure and the loss of a leader or even an entire cell is relatively insignificant.  Even killing Osama bin Laden wouldn't be a tremendous blow given the structure.  It would be the loss of another master of propaganda but other than that it would probably create proclamations of martyrdom and will be used by the Bush administration to further the war and radical clerics and other Al Qaeda leaders as an inspiration of martyrdom to be used to get more followers.

-----------------------

Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  380
June 11, 2006 11:46:26 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Great. So if you chop off the head, you get three to take its place. Then how do we get rid of them? Bomb and raid everyone, everywhere to make sure they're all gone? Or just bomb key installations to the organization?

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-11/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Artrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  698
Total Posts:  1587
June 12, 2006 7:53:31 AM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
If the hydra keeps growing heads, chop up the body, logic says.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)
SERGEANT
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1312
June 12, 2006 8:55:43 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Precisely.  Policy needs to be oriented not to kill the terrorist leaders but to prevent them from recruiting by turning the people against them.  Once that is done then you can attack the head.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  342
June 13, 2006 5:04:41 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
that's a good idea, but has the administration thought of this idea?

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  217
Total Posts:  2089
June 13, 2006 11:46:45 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I'm sure they have, just it takes more planning, more money, and overall more effort to destroy the morale of a nation than it is to kill their leaders, headlines to the gazzette (my newspaper) PRISONERS TORTURED and i read the full story (something i rarely do)  and what a bunch of complaining arseholes the terrorists who were arrested in toronto for planning the bombing and shootout are complaining about being tortured when there were no physical marks, they said they were getting sleep deprivation (possible) and one of them complained he was getting mental collateral from the guard yelling at other prisoners, what the hell is wrong with them? do they want us to feel bad for them? i know right now i sound like an extremist of my own religion but i would of had them executed, which is why I would never become a politician not to mention no one would vote for me.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  520
Total Posts:  1348
June 13, 2006 4:53:01 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Bush is too concerned with killing "'em baddies" than thinking of effective strategy. Too much thinking makes him miss his nap time.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

FTL/SGT Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  703
Total Posts:  1587
June 13, 2006 5:10:07 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
They shouldn't be put to death because:

1) It is illegal in Canada

2) Many of them, from what I know about the situation, seem to be young people. It is easy to influence people of their age.

3) They never had killed anyone. Their plan had failed.

I say, Lock 'em up. But to put them to death is another matter.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)
SERGEANT
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  218
June 13, 2006 10:34:29 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I know what you mean Darr but a part of me says kill em all and let god sort them out even though im not religious, it falls into the two angels on my shoulder, it just infuriates me that they have the guts to complain about being tortured after what they were planning to do.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  344
June 17, 2006 7:43:32 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
I think you guys know about that thing with the Iraqi prisoners, where US soldiers humiliated them in a prison and was tried for it. I don't remember what it was called.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  530
Total Posts:  1348
June 17, 2006 8:51:32 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Abu Grahib? It was more humiliating to America than it was to them.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

FTL/SGT Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  227
June 17, 2006 11:10:58 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Well better to be humiliating than it is to decapitate prisoners, I personally think it was stupid on both the guards and the media for making it such a big deal, meanwhile when someone is beheaded its mentioned in the back of the newspaper, as you can tell I hate the media.

-----------------------

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  345
June 18, 2006 7:41:43 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
look, the whole thing was a disaster for the US, being that the whole world now knows how America was humiliate, I mean, I was even humiliated!!

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  380
June 19, 2006 7:36:49 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
How about this:

We set up the United States Empire! Then we could enforce the laws of Kadann and rule! And then there will be rebels and we smoke them, to get revenge for our movie counterparts. Then we scream, "YEAH!" and go home happy and with thousands of IC's in our wallets.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-11/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Artrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)
[This message has been edited by Atrick25 (edited June 19, 2006 7:37:22 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  228
Total Posts:  1091
June 19, 2006 7:38:59 PM    View the profile of Leon 
wow and you say stay on topic. C'mon Atrick stay on topic!!!! lol.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  187
June 19, 2006 8:59:40 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
I concur.We have become the watchdogs of the world.As we used to say in the Air Force nuke em' till they glow then shoot em' in the dark.This has become a very sad world that we are living in in that we have to patroll the world.Yes, we have flaws.Yes,we are not perfect.However,I see all of these people coming to OUR country daily and embrassing our society and we as good people turn around and embrass them back and accept them into our lives that is what the U.S.A. was founded on and it's up to us U.S. citizen to decide where it stops and where we draw the line.with out posting a new topic  but on the same lines what does everyone here think about the mexican legalization thing
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Iraq then Iran  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:28:40 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 105  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >