Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  349
  RE: Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate
June 16, 2006 8:15:36 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Cyleaf increased his speed right on Demonic's wing, "take out those A-wings are two new friends should be able to handle their counterparts easily enough." Demonic ordered to Cy as they sped towards the oncoming fighters.

Approaching their intended targets Cyleaf opened fire watching as the agile a-wing dodged the incoming lasers with ease. "You need to wait till they are closer Rookie!" Demonic chided as the Zabrak noticed the reason why. Watching his target break formation and bank off to the right Cy's mind focused solely on the chase as he throttled down and proceeded into a break turn hoping to catch onto the smaller craft's tail.

After completing the maneuver his target was no where in sight, but his Hawkbat reeled as slightly lower powered lasers battered it from behind. How and the hell am I going to lose this mynock he'll outmaneuver me every step thought Cy. Than his mind reeled back to when he met Willtconq.

Will sat behind his desk; Cyleaf was still standing at attention while he just finished up the squadron introduction. "Ok kid, you got to remember a couple things out there with my Kaph squad, one we always have each other's backs, it's not a squad so to say but a family and I am the big daddy. Two we never retreat unless ordered by somebody higher than me, and that means no man alive is left behind. Lastly number three it's your job and mine to see you make it home alive so when the time comes do what you need to do to follow that order." Will finished up, the speech made Cyleaf smile, he felt these men would take care of him the best they could.

As Cyleaf was dismissed he started to walk towards the door and Will called after him, "Hey rookie remember, we are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we shall do it once more! And more, and more, and more!" the CWO accentuated each more. Cyleaf continued towards the door and opened it to a bright light.

Cyleaf smiled knowing that these guys had bailed him out numerous times already living up to Will's promise. It was as if a bright bulb went off inside the Zabrak's head as he peered down at the battle below him. With the a-wing almost on his thrusters Cy pulled back on the throttle and pulled up hard heading into the air and gaining altitude, looking behind him through the canopy he saw his pursuer still on him.

Dialing up his inertial compensator the Zabrak inverted and rolled straitening himself and speeding towards the ground. The g-forces became almost unbearable under his full speed indenting his frame into the chair's cushion. The a-wing was in hot pursuit but probably under better conditions than the worn out Zabrak. Firing his lasers into the growing tanks below him caught their attention.

Cyleaf could feel blood starting to trickle down his nose as black spots began to appear in his vision. Though his shields were taking a small pounding from the rear they were about to take blows on the front, he self consciously could feel the shield generator whining under the strain from constantly recharging.3,2,1 he counted to himself and than pulled up hard his muscles straining under the flight suit under the force of gravity.

Watching mouth agape as the ground became closer as if from a fog something told him to ignite his repulsors, it sounded like Dodger's voice. Hitting the switch and decreasing throttle waiting for the thud to say they kicked in happened a few seconds later, bouncing his nose slightly into the air as he increased throttle and pulled with both hands as hard as Zabrakinly possible.

The Hawkbat finally responded launching into the sky, but the a-wing was not so lucky. It exploded between two tanks causing an even massive one that took out enemy troopers as well. Shaking his head trying to regain the stamina he lost in that dive maneuver, the black spots slowly faded.

Cyleaf checked the area and saw that while he was playing his game of tag Demonic and the blue rings with the help of some ground forces had made short work of the other fighters. Even now Demonic had an a-wing pinned between laser fire and after a few seconds it streaked towards the ground in a hail of fire.

The Zabrak watched as the ground forces were over powering the enemy, below him littered blackened machines of war, strewn bodies and fires. They pushed hard and some white troopers began to enter the bunker. I hope they find something good he thought as a voice came over the comms.

Than Sion whooped over the channel in sheer joy, smiling Cy couldn't help but say "Don't take too much time celebrating, six, you could get yourself killed," friendly mocking the other.

"I can't help myself," the other replied.  "I just dropped a bridge on an X-Wing!!!" "Wow," Cyleaf responded a look of astonishment would have been seen on his face cept for the helmet. Inside himself the young pilot wished he could be as good as the others in his squad, but that would take time. Sighing to himself Cy hoped he had a very large amount of that left.

-----------------------
FM/SCR/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  380
June 16, 2006 11:54:06 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
(OOC: This is my space post before I reached the atmosphere. This is probably the first of two.)

As soon as the group of fighters had left the Coruscant, they were plunged knee deep into a battle that had been raging hours on end. Atrick felt small compared to the frigates and capital ships of the Empire and the rebel scum. An explosion filled his eyes with wonder, followed by emerald and ruby bolts firing everywhere. The sight was truly magnificent but Atrick remembered they had a job to do.

Will came over a secure channel and radioed his instructions.

"All right, let's get this show on the road. This is a secure channel for us so you can pretty much say anything and it won't be intercepted. Remember to use callsigns though, no names! I don't want an information breach along with this fight. Krius, take my left flank, Atrick, my right. Expect heavy resistance but remember, do not engage the enemy. If you are tailed, pull ahead and let the other two of us deal with him. ETA to the atmosphere is around ten minutes, so buckle in for a little ride. Over and out."

Atrick pushed the accelerator as far as it would go, but Will still pulled ahead. He slowed down afterwards, remembering that Krius and Atrick were flying Interceptors.

Atrick watched his radar closely, but it didn't really help him much. There were so many red and green dots, they merged to form an odd color that made Atrick feel a bit nervous about their situation. Almost regularly, a dot or two would disappear from the screen, indicating a loss for either side. He looked out his cockpit window to confirm his radar. The fight was everywhere.

Directly ahead, two Rebel frigates loomed out of the darkness of space, occasionally spewing rebel wings of X-wings or Y-wings. The odd A-wing appeared too, with other odds and ends. The three Imperial frigates, the Griffin, Lion, and Dragon, were closing in on the Rebels and were firing everything they had at each other.

Getting closer to the fight, Atrick noticed how the groups were separated, with bombers going after the frigates, hitting key hard points on the ships, and fighter ships dog-fighting in space, pulling insane moves to last at least one second longer, to destroy the enemy. Explosions filled his view as frigate parts blew up and ships were blasted into oblivion.

Will came back over the secure channel.

"Ok guys, we're flying under the belly of those frigates so watch out for turret fire. Hopefully, we probably won't encounter much else."

Atrick readied himself for the onslaught that was about to come. He looked at the frigates, growing ever larger in his view, and wished he was back on the Coruscant. What a time to graduate. Thought Atrick.
The frigate was so close now that Atrick could see the turrets swivel towards them. Then Will said the words Atrick was dreading to hear.

"Here we go."

The turrets opened up with volleys of shots that barely missed Atrick's fighter. They were shooting so fast Atrick had barely any time to react and his fighter took some hits to the shields. Atrick rerouted power to the front of his fighter to protect against the harsh shots and continued dodging. He quickly moved around one and saw it had missed him and hit Krius. Oops. He thought just as Will came over the channel a third time.

"We're doing fine so far, keep it up guys. When we pass under the turrets keep on going. It takes a while for them to turn around and by then we'll be well out of range."

They passed underneath the turrets without incident, and Atrick looked back to see the bulky turrets slowly turn toward them again. But as soon as they moved 180 degrees, the trio was well out of range, as Will had said.

"Looks like we got company, four fighters up ahead, Preybirds I think. Open fire on my mark."

Atrick moved some shield energy to his main weapons then diverted the rest of the shields to the front of his TIE Interceptor.

"3...2&1&FIRE!"

Atrick let loose a volley of fire that was accompanied by Krius and Will's missles. The two center Preybirds started lighting up and turned a darker red before they pulled down, but it was too late. Will had locked on and fired his missles, exploding the ships on impact leaving nothing but shrapnel floating in space.

After watching the carnage, Atrick realized the two other fighters were behind them now. Atrick diverted power to his aft shields then pulled down. A volley of fire went over the top of the fighter and the rest of the group. Will quickly started pounding on the enemy wingman who took evasive action and left Krius and Atrick a lone Preybird.

"Atrick I want you to try and pull behind the enemy fighter ok?" Krius said over the channel.

"What are you gonna do?"

"While he's distracted, I'm gonna get behind him and take him out got that?"

"Yea I got it."

Atrick quickly slowed his ship down, causing the Preybird to slow down as well. Krius then slipped behind it and began firing, weakening it's shields before it took evasive action. The Preybird pulled up and Krius followed. Atrick didn't see what happened next but could hear over the channel a gasp of anticipation. Then Will's voice snapped over the channel.

"I hope you guys had fun, because I had a hell of a time." Will paused, filling it with muffled laughter. "That wingman tactic was a little disheveled, but it worked obviously. Now let's regroup and head to the planet. ETA is around five minutes now."

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-11/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Artrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~
Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

Post Number:  69
June 18, 2006 9:28:51 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Well, I'm glad I made it through that one. Thought Atrick as they flew steadily onwards. The Lion was growing bigger as they flew closer and the lights were amazing. Red and green flew everywhere and the occasional burst of yellow and orange indicated one had found its mark. The fight was everywhere and Atrick felt the twang of fear in his gut again.

Looking ahead of him, he saw groups of fighters about to converge on each other. A squadron of Preybirds flew in from the left and two flights of TIE Interceptors flew in on the right.

This isn't going to be good. Thought Atrick as Will's voice came through the channel.

"Alright guys, get ready for another little skirmish. Those boys up ahead are going to need our help and we're going to supply it, for what little time we can. We'll be in the middle of that so let's make the most of it. We'll probably get some enemies tailing us but we don't want that. Blast straight through and try to make it to the other side. Shoot any of the Preybirds but keep heading to the planet. That should help our boys and keep the enemy from tailing us. Got it? Let's go."

Atrick got a little nervous, as he was going to be flying in his second skirmish of the day. And the prospect of a kill made him shudder. Let's do this. Thought Atrick.

He switched all power in his shields to front, then added some to his blaster cannons.

Will suddenly pulled starboard and Atrick followed, with Krius following. They were now on a direct course for the enemy, who had not yet met the TIE Interceptors flying straight at them.

Will began counting down. "5&4&3&2&1& FIRE!!!"

The Preybirds didn't see it coming and they didn't have a chance. The bolts ripped through the ranks of the squadron and turned most of the shields a crimson hue. Three of them were not as lucky and were torn to pieces as their shields failed from the massive barrage of gunfire. The party flew right under the disheveled squadron and Atrick looked at where the Preybird he destroyed had been moments before. There was nothing but a heap of junk and floating shrapnel.

"WOOOHOOO!!!" Krius screamed over the channel. Then Atrick started talking too.

"I got my first kill. I got my first kill!" Atrick became as giddy as a school girl. He had gone through weeks of training and it had paid off. He could destroy the enemy, even if it was a surprise attack. He smiled under his helmet, something he hadn't done in a while. That was great. He thought.

Will cam over the channel.

"Great job guys. Now, let's get moving to the planet and help our guys out. ETA is around three minutes."

As the Lion grew steadily closer in his cockpit, Atrick thought that this was going to be ok. Then, there were enemy fighters everywhere. The amount was amazing, considering they were only Nebulon-B frigates. Then Will came over the channel, with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"I think this is going to take longer than three minutes."

"I think so too." Krius replied.

Atrick looked again at the scene unfolding before him. They amount of enemy fighters was amazing. Preybirds and X-wings were tearing the fighters apart while bombers destroyed the frigates. And they had to fly through it.

Great. Thought Atrick.

-----------------------

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  145
Total Posts:  207
June 19, 2006 11:02:15 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
  Hunter tried to ignore the blazing fight above him that Kaph and Nazgul were participating in. How did I ever get stuck in a squad that deals with these clunkers. Oh well, pilots can't be picky, and this is actually a hell of lot worse than being in one that dog fight. These Scimitars are like floating targets sometimes. Swerving to the right, Hunter brought his fighter circling around an already destroyed turret tower. Aegis 10, Aegis 11, and Aegis 12 were right behind him. "Ok, let's get rid of one of these bunkers, before even more fighters have the opportunity to take off."

"Roger." Zharyn said, swooping low to dodge an incoming missile, which hit the tower instead, sending more debris into the air.

"Watch it." Hunter said, more for Aegis 11 and 12 then for Zharyn and himself. With a quick glance to make sure everyone was still with him, Hunter pulled up his missile controls and target the first bunker. "Let's try to get two with this attack run." Hunter said, lining his fighter up for a clean sweep across two of the bunkers. Jinking right and left, he ignored the random laser fire that managed to hit his shields. Still at sixty percent, plenty. "Let's not waste any of these missiles, so try to target weak structural points."

Performing a barrel role to the right, Raigen managed to ask, "And those are?"

Grunting, Hunter didn't have time to say as the flight reached the first of the bunkers. With a loud ringing in his ears signifying a target lock, Hunter launched the first of his missiles then quickly targeted the next bunker. At such a low altitude to the bunkers, the missile collided with its target at the same time Hunter flew over the bunker. A plume of fire erupted right behind him as he fired his second missile, but this time he had to target manually, since the computers didn't have enough time to get a target lock in the few seconds it took for the Scimitar to barrel past the two bunkers. Pressing the trigger again, Hunter sent his second missile directly into the side of the bunker where a large support beam stuck out from the side of the building.

Twisting his controls, Hunter spun his craft away from the now collapsing bunkers. The other six missiles from his wingmen had totally annihilated the two bunker/hangers. The whole attack run had taken only a matter of seconds. Men next to the hangers had been hit by a sonic boom from the star fighters, knocking them to their feet. What remained of the bunkers were two twisted heaps of smoldering metal. Flames roared on the surface of the metal from whatever it could use as fuel. Any fighters that had still been beneath the roof were now smashed to bits when the buildings collapsed in upon themselves.

Bringing his fighter to bear on a turret that was causing considerable damage, Hunter heard Chip say, "Flight three, you are to take out the main shield generator which is protecting the inner ring. Here are the coordinates." Hunter's display came alive as a waypoint was added to his radar. Great, it just so happens it is on the other side of the complex.

"Form up." Hunter said, turning his controls to align his fighter with the turn of the outer ring. "You heard Chip. The generator is on the other side. We're going to fly around this place, using the outer ring as a form of protection. Try not to get hit by anything." Pressing his fighter's controls, Hunter brought the engines to full speed, pushing him back into his seat slightly. Checking his payload, he saw he still had two left. Should be enough. If not, well, I can always eject, though I don't think the Empire will like losing another expensive fighter. Mind racing, Hunter examined everything he knew and brought everything he knew to bear on his task. Hunter never liked to be surprised. With a blink, he switched his eyes to see in one of their many spectrums, providing him with a heat signatures overlay to his regular vision. This should give me a bit of an edge for now. Fighter screaming through the valley created by the outer and inner wall, Hunter swerved right and left to dodge incoming fire as he approached the generator's coordinates.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Petty Officer 1st Class Hunter

XO/FL/PO1 Hunter/Aegis 9/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (VC:B)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  908
Total Posts:  1963
June 19, 2006 1:04:44 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
"All Vast Empire fighters, this is your commander Shazam, we have pinpointed the location of the shield generator. Nazgul flight two and Kaph flights two and three, converge on the fighters in the area. Keep them occupied while Nazgul flights one and two and Kaph flight one escort Aegis and the other bombers to the cloning facility," said Shazam, "Target information should be in your terminals now"

Jaden pulled up his targeting computer and noted that the base had been highlighted as a major objective. He followed Toki through a downward spiral while picking up speed. Jaden punched the throttle placing his fighter right in wing line with Shazam. The X-wing and the aggressor flying together looked extremely odd, along with Toki's aggressor.

Art and Tyrrax came near, but they fell comfortably out of formation, hanging six to look for stragglers from the rear. All of the other fighters came to bear on the enemy squadron that had just been marked.

"Aegis Squadron and bomber squadron, converge on the enemy base and cloning facility, drop your entire payload, but make sure you aim at the necessary places. We don't have enough time to double back and reload, and we need this facility taken out immediately before the faction spreads," said Shazam

Shazam swooped down low to the ground, Jaden and Toki following close behind him. Art and Tyrrax had managed to pick up each a mark of their own and tracked them down.

"Two and seven, stay tight in formation. We're going to come up straight under the bombers, do a complete 360 turn around and give those tailing A-wings hell. They are just ripping the engines right out of the bombers," said Shazam, his fighter doing a barrel roll and spinning up through the clouds.

"Affirmative one, on your wing," said Jaden

Toki was keeping extremely quiet. Not an attribute Jaden had noticed as of lately in the battle. Maybe she was under stress as one of her fellow friends in the third flight had been shot down and no word was heard back from her yet. Yes, thats probably what happened.

I don't even know how I got back in the air...

Jaden contemplated his own uniqueness. How, somehow had he managed to luck out this time and avoid death once more? From the previous battles he had to show only 3 metal limbs, which were all fully functional in their own ways. Below both of his knees were completely steel plated, left knee was rebuilt. His left arm...the tattoo he had on the arm had some sort of meaning, but memory loss was another factor to falling from the water tower on Veronat.

He was lucky to be alive

"And Now, turn around," said Shazam

The three fighters did a complete turn around, the three squadrons of bombers above them.

"Sir, I've got two flights of A-wings in the radar and one flight of x-wings. The odds are against us," said Jaden

"Alright, Nazgul leader to Kaph leader, bring up your fighters on the rear of the enemy fighters that are tailing the bomber squadrons. We're going to meet them head on."

"Thats suicide for you guys!" said Will

"I know, but it's our only chance for this to work out," said Shazam

"Alright, on our way Nazgul leader," said Will, "Kaph leader out"

Shazam's fighter picked up speed as the bombers moved out overhead. They were headed straight for the cloning facility. Hopefully by now the ground forces had taken care of all of the anti air defenses and had made their way through ground defenses. The Corellian Corvette and the fighters along with it were flying toward the other side of the planet for refuge until the planetary battle was over.

"On your lead," said Jaden

"Alright, watch the crossfire from those A-wings and boost your shields on your nost. Jaden, we're going to use your superior firepower here, so give us some creativity" said Shazam

"It'll be my pleasure," said Jaden

The fighters quickly came into view. Jaden placed the fighter in good aim with the enemy fighters, switched over to missiles, and unloaded them into the air in random places across the line. Cannon fire was immediately switched to reserve supply and cannon link, pushing more power to the engines for speed. He jumped far ahead of Shazam and Toki, letting off quick bursts of three blasts of the quad fire at random fighters in the area.

Shooting straight under the Kaph fighters Jaden could see that they had caught on and only 2 fighters had been destroyed in his attempt to take them to the ground. He pulled a high yo-yo turn and came above the Kaph fighters, hoping that they would recognize him as an ally and not as the enemy.

"Nazgul two to one, I gave you my all," said Jaden

"Nice, seven and I have have got our marks and are trailing them down. Watch over those bombers and make sure they get on the right path to drop those bombs"

"Gotcha," said Jaden

"Cowboy, you out there?" said Jaden

"Right here Jay" said Trevor, "I've taken down as much anti air defenses as I could with my entire salvo of bombs, and I'm coming back to your position."

"Alright cowboy, but steer clear of the dogfight up here. The bombers are making their first run on the cloning facility. The shield generator is down.

Wait, how is the shield generator down?

Jaden checked the navpoints across the ground and all of the pilots that were in the air or either shot down. He couldn't find any exact reasons of how it was done, but whoever had done it was a great help to the mission of the vast empire.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

CMDR/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)

Commander of Aegis Squadron
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  146
June 19, 2006 1:38:25 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
  "All Vast Empire fighters, this is your commander Shazam, we have pinpointed the location of the shield generator. Nazgul flight two and Kaph flights two and three, converge on the fighters in the area. Keep them occupied while Nazgul flights one and Kaph flight one escort Aegis and the other bombers to the cloning facility," said Shazam, "Target information should be in your terminals now"

Hunter looked down at his terminal to see the second wave of information he received in the last few seconds wash over his screen. "Does that mean we join the rest of Aegis?" Raigen asked, coming along side Hunter's fighter while they both dodged turret fire.

"Aegis Squadron and bomber squadron, converge on the enemy base and cloning facility, drop your entire payload, but make sure you aim at the necessary places. We don't have enough time to double back and reload, and we need this facility taken out immediately before the faction spreads," said Shazam.

Hunter shook his head. But that can't be right. We're only half way there. But sure enough, when Hunter looked down, the shield signs were completely gone.

"I don't like this," Zharyn said.

"We still have to follow orders," Hunter said, bringing fighter out of the outer ring and into formation with the rest of Aegis. The group followed above and behind their two escort flights. This isn't right! A voice in the back of Hunter's head screamed at him. Looking down at his terminal, Hunter examined the lay out of the center of the facility while he had the time. The last wall completely circled the cloning facility which was situated in the middle of the entire complex. On top of the inner wall the shield had been projected, protecting the area from all attacks, but even without the shield, the main facility was heavily guarded. Multiple turrets, protruding from the blocky building, could been seen from Hunter's view port if he wanted to look A few ground forces also remained around the base of the facility, hoping they too could protect it from the Empire's own army units.

Glancing up, Hunter saw the Kaph and Nazgul flights engage the enemy A-wings and other fighters. "One hundred meters to target," Chip said as Aegis flew over the inner wall. "Pick your targets. Try to hit key structural weak points with what missiles you have left then take out the turrets with your lasers."

As Chip finished, Hunter's cockpit seemed to come alive with lights and sirens. Disengaging them, Hunter checked to see what had happened. I wasn't hit by anything, was I? Then he saw it. The shield had come back alive. The generator had never been destroyed. "Do I have to say it?" Hunters asked into his comunit.

"It's a trap," Shazam said over the intercom just as another whole squadron of x-wings lifted into the air from the cloning facility. The two lead flights of Nazgul and Kaph, along with the entire squadron of Aegis had been effectively trapped inside the shield. With the generator on the outside there was nothing they could do to bring it down besides hope the remaining flights of Nazgul and Kaph that remained on the other side of the shield some how were able to take out the generator. "Don't panic. We'll deal with this as best we can." Shazam said in a commanding voice. "We'll finish our objective then worry about the shield. For now, continue the assault on the cloning facility. Nazgul and Kaph, we'll take care of the rest of these A-wings then deal with the X-wings, Aegis take out those turrets and the facility along with the ground forces as soon as possible. The fighters will give us enough to deal with without us being attacked from the ground as well."

As Shazam finished, Hunter felt a chill down his spine. Even if they succeeded in taking out the forces in here, if the remaining flights and forces outside failed to lower the shield, the RS could keep them inside the shield until they compiled enough forces to destroy them. I sure hope those remaining flights on the other side of that shield are good enough to take down that generator. Hunter prayed, targeting the facility and mentally crossing his fingers.

(OOC This should give us something to deal with... If you aren't certain if you are on the outside of the shield or in the inside, go here and check: http://www.freewebs.com/phoenixwing/shatteringfate.htm. I'd normally sticky it, but I have to run. )

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

Post Number:  74
Total Posts:  760
June 19, 2006 2:16:30 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Ground Side

"This is Gunnery Sergeant Lingo to blue rings; we have found your shot down man."

"Thanks, Sergeant," Black One replied. "You don't know how grateful we are."

The sergeant put down his comlink and looked over at Ralan Barel, the crashed defector.  Well he hadn't defected until after he crashed.  He got shot down by a crazy Imp in an unfamiliar TIE model.  The pilot had gone on a head on flight toward his X-Wing. 

The RS pilot remembered what he had said during the charge, "You will die today "eyeball!"

The Imperial Pilot had replied a few seconds later, "no rebel scum, you will be the one dieing today."

This was right before his fighter's systems had all pretty much gone critical and he barely was able to eject before the snub fighter had exploded.  He had been hiding in the woods from Imperials when he was contacted via comlink by his Squadron C.O.:

"Black One to Saber, the whole situation is hopeless.  I had always suspected that the RS wasn't what command cracks it up to be.  We see now that the RS is the wrong side.  The rest of the Squadron is defecting along with a Corellian Corvette.  If you choose to join us, we will ask the Imps to keep an eye out for you.  If you don't, I won't hold anything against you, we won't tell the Imps."

The commander had always showed in small ways that the RS wasn't completely what it claimed to be.  Mostly in the form of little comments here and there about how the RS was doing something wrong.  Ralan had gained a high amount of respect for his squadron commander over the years.  Only now had it become apparent that he felt a higher loyalty to the commander than the RS.

"I am with you sir," replied Barel.

"I was hoping you would say that," said Black One.  "I will tell the Imperials."

He returned back to the present.  Then it hit him, he was now on the same side as the one who had shot him down!

Kaph 6's Hawkbat

Than Sion made his own realization of a more personal type.  If since my first mission we have been fighting the RS, then I haven't even begun to avenge my parents' deaths!  But they had made the battle personal, they had killed Will!!!

"All Vast Empire fighters, this is your commander Shazam, we have pinpointed the location of the shield generator. Nazgul flight two and Kaph flights two and three, converge on the fighters in the area. Keep them occupied while Nazgul flights one and two and Kaph flight one escort Aegis and the other bombers to the cloning facility," said Shazam, "Target information should be in your terminals now."

Than Sion checked the display and then re vectored his fighter toward the shield generator.  A lone A-Wing had appeared on his radar ahead of Sion.  The A-Wing had made the mistake of not noticing the Hawkbat and Sion had noting against taking advantage of that.  He accelerated his fighter and brought it behind the A-Wing.  The RS fighter tried to shake Sion, but the Imperial pilot kept on his tail pumping bolts into the A-Wing's crappy shields.  The shields quickly collapsed and the fighter exploded into a cloud of fire and debris.
But the loneness of the A-Wing was short lived, they were now everywhere, pestering the Imperial forces.  Kaph flight two and three were doing their bests to thin them out. 

All of a sudden he heard good news from Shazam over the wing frequency, "Shields appear to be down."

That was kind of fast, thought Sion.  It is kind of fishy.

"Aegis Squadron and bomber squadron, converge on the enemy base and cloning facility, drop your entire payload, but make sure you aim at the necessary places. We don't have enough time to double back and reload, and we need this facility taken out immediately before the faction spreads," said Shazam.

But only a few minutes later Shazam had a new message, "It's a trap."

Indeed it had been.  The shields had been only momentarily deactivated so that they could trap some of the Imperial craft inside the shield by reactivating it.  At least two members of Kaph had been trapped inside.  Along with almost all of the bombers.

"Don't panic. We'll deal with this as best we can." Shazam said in calm, in charge voice. "We'll finish our objective then worry about the shield. For now, continue the assault on the cloning facility. Nazgul and Kaph, we'll take care of the rest of these A-wings then deal with the X-wings, Aegis take out those turrets and the facility along with the ground forces as soon as possible. The fighters will give us enough to deal with without us being attacked from the ground as well."

Sion took out his frustration on a couple of the A-Wings charging the duo from their right flank.  He took one out right away from surprise and got on the tail of the other.  He made short work of the second, blasting it oblivion.

-----------------------
FM/PO1 Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)
Paintball is the only sport that you get to shoot somebody in.
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  147
June 19, 2006 3:43:58 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
  So, I actually have to concentrate on staying alive inside this cage while a squadron of X-wings and half a squadron of A-wings along with ground defenses and turrets try to kill us. Plus, even if we do stay alive, nothing guarantees our survival, unless the men outside take down that shield generator. Before he was even fifty meters to the complex and within firing range, Hunter's HUD signaled he was being target locked. Diving down, he tried to evade whatever it was trying to target him long enough for one of the Nazgul or Kaph pilots to kill it, unfortunately, due to his close proximity with the ground; he was quickly forced out of his dive. Looping back towards the wall, Hunter turned the dive into a full vertical loop, which placed him a little farther back from the rest of Aegis who had managed to make it to the facility without being target locked.

Checking to see if he was safe, Hunter let out a curse as his HUD signified he had been locked and a missile was heading his way. With a quick look at his radar, he saw it was coming in from above and behind. Putting all shields to his back incase it caught up with him, Hunter gunned his engines and shot off toward a tower of the cloning facility. Ten. Laser fire from a turret forced him to barrel role and come in from another trajectory. Nine. Linking his laser fire, Hunter plastered the turret with fire, blowing it to bits. Eight.

An X-wing dropped in front of him from the dogfight, lasers blasting at Hunter, who had put all his shields to his rear. In a split second, Hunter swerved to the right, narrowly dodging the incoming fire, but now he had both an X-wing and a missile on his tail. Seven. "Anyone able to get this fighter off me?" Hunter said, performing an Immelman to right his direction with the tower he was aiming for and gain some altitude from the ground, the danger being he wasn't exactly sure how high the shield arched above the facility; it didn't seem to lose the fighter or the missile though. Five. The maneuver had taken too much time to make it worth anything. Hunter was now only twenty meters from the tower, but X-wing opened fire again as soon as Hunter leveled out, peppering his shields with laser fire. Another turret turned to track his position at the same time, firing off shots as its targeting computers performed their task. Four.

"I've got you covered," a Kaph pilot said, rolling out of the dogfight to fire a few shots toward the X-wing from the side. Deciding to save himself, the X-wing dropped pursuit of Hunter arched away. Three.

"Thanks for the assist," Hunter said, finally within range of the tower. Two. The tower appeared to be a sensor array, turret outpost, and power generator for the complex. It was situated on the northern corner of the facility, but it was only connected to the building by a spindly looking joint. Targeting the joint, Hunter fired off one of his two remaining missiles, now only ten meters away. One. An explosion ripped through the connector, eliminating what support the tower had. As it collapsed from the side of the complex, Hunter diverted all laser power to his engines, giving them an extra boost of power; rocketing underneath the falling tower, which was now crumbling and in flames, Hunter unconsciously squeezed his eyes shut, praying he hadn't misjudged the distances.

Zero. Forcing his eyes open, Hunter didn't bother with his display but wrenched his head around to see out the back window. The missile had impacted with the falling tower, causing more damage. The tower had been blown to large burning pieces, which now plummeted down upon lower parts of the base. Didn't think that would work for a minutes there. With a quick glance back at his terminal, Hunter brought his ship in line with his flight, which was now coming out of an attack run around the base.

"Where the hell did you go?" Zharyn said, as Hunter fell in with them.

"I was caught between a rock and a hard place," Hunter responded, pressing a few controls to divert power from both his weapons and engines to his shields. The read out jumped from zero to twenty percent in a second. Leaving the engine divert, Hunter started to recharge his lasers again. Hopefully he would be using his last missile before he needed the lasers. "What's the damage assessment on the base?" Hunter asked, leading his flight back towards the installation now that they had achieved enough distance to perform another attack run.

Raigen provided the readout. It seemed he was reading directly from his terminal. "Two main towers destroyed, the main middle hub severely damaged, a power generator destroyed, multiple turrets eliminated, and structural integrity down to forty percent."

"How about we get rid of that last percent, shall we? How many missiles do you guys have left." Hunter checked to make sure there were fighters in their vicinity. It seemed what parts of Kaph and Nazgul that had been trapped were still giving the RS pilots one hell of a fight.

"I have two left," Zharyn said bringing his fighters speed down to match Hunter's level.

"I have one. Been busy." Raigen said with a little smirk in his voice, as if proud of the fact he had less. Hunter would rather he hadn't been busy.

"Very well, follow me and link your targeting systems to mine." Hunter decreased his altitude even more. With a lot of the facility destroyed above, if a lower area of the building was destroyed, it may collapse in upon itself much like the bunkers had previously in the mission, though on a much grander scale. Hunter always did like light shows.

"Copy," Zharyn said, following Hunters attack approach.

As they drew closer to the building, Hunter scanned for a weak point, checking his laser systems. With a grin, Hunter switched attack systems and squeezed the trigger, harassing the ground units in front of him. Flames whipped after him as he flew over a tank he had just destroyed. "This is Aegis six, in need of assistance." Hunter's head snapped in the direction of a smoking Scimitar, heading straight for Hunter's flight.

"The base can wait. We're on our way six. Just hold tight." Hunter said, turning his fighter to aim toward the incoming pilot. An X-wing was hot on his tail. Can't we catch a break.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2440
Total Posts:  4197
June 19, 2006 7:50:26 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
**Before the Shield Generator or Assault on the Base**

"Cut the chatter!" Shazam said- gotta hear what's goin on with the rest of the universe here....  "Hold that thought."  For the next few moments, Darius and Jen could hear Shazam grunt and groan as if under heavy physical duress.  They just never get the picture... 

Earlier Shazam had carried a pursuer into the Rystos mountain range for obstacle course training- the pursuer failed.  However, his buddies seemed to take the loss hard, so Shazam wasn't all to surprised to see them latch onto his tail as he skidded down the mountain side.  Shazam's aft sensors had been blown away in an annoying incident so his rear sensors monitor had gone dead  and picking up on the type of craft had to be done manually.  Rocking to the right in his seat, he pitched his head around the metal barrier, barely able to do so because of how tightly the straps correlated about his mid-section.  Glancing through the bright, perfect-circle hole in the back of his cockpit  Shazam sighed and said- "I've got two As on my tail- if anyone wants to help out: well that'd be super." 

The TIE aggressor was already going fast enough that it felt as if it was on wheels, careening into the center of a busy intersection without any chance of stopping.  Let's use that...  Shazam pulled up harshly, the momentum carrying him up so sharply that he had to continue exhaling until the top of his arc lowered the pressure.  The plan had been to simply to pull up fast enough that the fighters just buzzed on by from novice inexperience and ignorance; still there though...  Instead of trying to finish off the Immelman with a full scale loop and come down on their tails, because more than likely they'd catch right on and ride his butt into the forest, he came back down, the two enemy fighters dropping back and creating some low grade yo-yos so they had a better angle of attack.    As the all to familiar beeping went off he chuckled to himself...Painted already?  I must be dealing with Imperials!  The TIE  snap rolled to port and Shazam lifted the yoke, break turning so that the left side of his viewport was flashing past the forest below. 

Only about ten feet above the canopy, the trees swayed as leaves, branches and critters came alive, tossing themselves into the path of the following A-wings.  Barreling to the right and break turning to starboard,  Shazam glanced back through the aft viewport to see if anything had changed.  One's missin...  That could be good or bad...  Shazam's most recent turn had brought him back down the side of the mountain, almost leveling out, the tops of the land crews glimmering in the fading sun light was becoming apparent once again.

"Break right, One!"  Shazam did not question as he snap rolled and jammed the yoke toward himself once again.  Solid, crimson bolts of malevolent energy rained down on the helpless green vegetation as the TIE pilot took a look at his shields and confirmed they'd risen to an expedentiary eighty percent.  Could be worse... 

"Is that you saving me again, two?  I tell you one of these days..." 

"I know it- seven's on her way..."

"Well let's make a good impression..."  Shazam dropped the throttle to fifty percent while spinning back up the mountain side, the second hidden fighter revealing itself as it hopped over the TIE and dragged itself into a desperate loop.  Deciding against following the poor sap, Shazam waited a moment more, collecting a fair score of consistent rolls before Jaden and the second A-wing finally shot past.  Kicking the throttle back up Shazam checked once more to see if the enemy pilot was tracking him so he could drop onto his butt again.  Going into a low yo-yo, the commander brought himself into firing distance of Jaden and his target.  Not good enough... Shazam barreled back to starboard to follow his previous maneuver with an immediate high- yo-yo to gain speed.  The effect was of a bubble contingency plan- set directly between his pursuer and his prey he now had a comfortable cushion for his mind to work with.  "Track that fellow down the mountain side for me, will ya, Two?" 

"Righto, One..."  Two green burst of Imperial firepower launched across the starboard side of the A-wing, inspiring it to roll  the opposite way and skiff board down the mountain side as Shazam had earlier. 

"Make sure those laces are tied tight, two...  And watch your head!"  Shazam pulled up suddenly, noting that the A-wing behind him was following this time rather than waiting for him to come back down.  Very well...  Shazam kept the throttle up, the yoke still pointed toward him as he stamped his foot on the left petal, throwing him into and awkward spin and ravaging back down the hill.  "The thing is just buckin' Unca Jera- dunno if I can control it!"  Shazam yipped in his best Tatooine moisture farmer voice as he came right down on Jaden's attack vector.  Just as he reached the two, the separate A-wing was hot on his tail for a kill shot so Shazam pulled back up before plummeting the both of them into the forest.  Spinning left to cross Shazam's path, the enemy A-wing broke right to avoid him.  Don't let the door his you on the way out... 

"Double-kill!"  The second A-wing collided with Jaden's target and the two of them, shields in opposite directions, fell apart as they mashed together momentarily then exploded in an angry display of the blast potential for two enemy fuel tanks.  "What did I miss?"  Toki queried as she brought herself along Shazam's right side and the three blew into the road battle once again.

**After becoming encased by the shield generator**

"A's dead ahead- cover your nose!"  Shazam barreled solemnly, bringing his yoke up slightly so that the fighter fish-tailed slightly as three A-wings appeared from the foliage below.  The center A-wing remained steady, picking a good target while the two that had been flanking him broke into sharp turns, looping away from their leader as he took a few pot shots.  After his fire achieved nothing, the right fighter came skidding to a halt  after it crossed his leader's path and dropped into a missile lock position with Jaden.  "Toki- engage that lagging fighter on the far left, he'll be crossing to the other side to finish the formation.  Maybe you can catch him with a quad burst..."  Shazam noted as his spiraling came to an end; inverted he pulled up on the yoke as he lowered his speed so he could begin a comfortable split-s.

Jaden seemed to understand a thing or two about the X-wings though he'd only flown them in simulators...  As his direct enemy threat began to grab a lock, Jaden tilted the fighter slightly, using the planets gravity to drag him sideways and begin a 'sliding' effect.  The A-wing, unable to side-step itself, began to follow the X-wing with it's nose until it achieved the missile lock and let loose.  The missile was tracking the right side of his craft, but by the time it reached it's target, it's time for adequate targeting had elapsed and it's angle was thrown away, forcing it to swerve and try to recover its lost target.  Shazam, pulling up and flipping right-side up was about to take this A-wing on yet another obstacle course but it exploded before he even got a chance to toy with it.  "What was that?"

"Target confusion at it's best, One," the Imperial piloting the X-wing answered as if he'd known the missile would randomly lock onto the A-wing.  Two opponents vs three isn't anything to complain about though...  Shazam pulled up into a sharp loop again as Toki let off a quad burst into the forward shield of the approaching X-wing, taking minimal shield damage herself.

"I'm reading substantial damge to that A-wing's deflectors, One.  Must have done something right..."  Shazam smiled as he realized what maneuver was beginning to occur.  As Shazam dropped onto the enemy A-wing Toki had just dominated, his allies began similar movements to bring themselves onto the rear of the remaining fighter behind Shazam.  However, since these initial angles were never very good, they went into their own set of yo-yos to get the right attack vector, or at least the one they thought to be most acceptable.  At the same time, the two A-wings were driving their craft into evasive maneuvers.  From the outside it looked like a mass of spinning, out of control, revloving, retro fighters bound to collide.  This swarm, this tangle of fighters was what Shazam gleefully appreciated and knew to be the 'rolling scissors' where everyone was attempting to pick eachother up.  Of course, the rolling scissors normally tended to last for only a few seconds becasuse the formation was useless, leaving both sides neutral as they continue to fail in the same attempts over and over. 

Breaking up this particular event was Shazam as he dove toward the hard deck.  They were all within the center ring of defense and the base was right there, covered with AA and ground turrets alike.  Beyond the building and the lush green forest directly surrounding it was the actual ring of defense that had sprouted the shield.  The shield itself could be seen as a very light tint in the sky with variations in darkness, indicating it's spherical identity.  A missile or two would meet the shield from the outside or inside and momentarilly light up an entire section of the vibrant green, almost undetectable cover. 

Shazam spun his right hand to get the kinks out then re-attached himself to the control yoke as he used the momentum to carry him back up underneath the enemy A-wing, it's exposed belly illuminated by the sun which was now beginning to dip below the hills and cliff faces.  Rather stoically, the sun seemed to be fighting off the very inevitable truth that it would soon disappear and night would be aloud to ravage the lands; a sort of signal to Shazam that things would end soon whether the RS liked it or not.  The victor of this battle was still unclear and the fact that it had remained so for this long strengthened the pilots' belief that no one would have any clue right up until the final fighter fell from the sky. 

Letting off a quad burst into the belly of the fighter, minor shielding blinked out and the A-wing inverted and fell into a spiral dive, Shazam began to chase the fighter after making a delicate turn into a loop that plummeted the both of them toward the planet's grand visage.  The RS fighter pulled back on the throttle but rose up too late to surprise Shazam as the Imperial pilot dropped his own throttle back and fired in rapid progression toward the hind-end of the fighter.  Not giving up on his attempt to overthrow the Imperial so easily, he plummeted into yet another spiral dive, this one not to force Shazam to overshoot, but bury himself into the ground as the A-wing leveled out at the last second.  Not wanting to overshoot by pulling up to soon and flying over the enemy fighter, or crash and burn, Shazam snap rolled and continued a sharp, downward descent but in a kind of loop fashion.  Thus, when the A-wing finally did pull up, Shazam came in swinging as if he'd been attached by an invisible rope and they'd just gone through a particularly sharp turn. Now we cut this crap out... Shazam smiled as he switched to missiles and prepared for the final blow to the A-wing's hull when the beeping in his ear returned with an incessant volley of peircing reminders that he was... Being painted? Shazam abandoned his lock and switched back to cannons while he reverted some power to his engine and shields.  With no time to take a look through the aft viewport, Shazam took his opportunity to shoot the rear-mounted cannon.  If the proximity was close enough the fighter would be have to abandon it's pursuit! No joy... The missile warning turned into the missile launch hum as Shazam lurched the fighter into a split-s, the inversion coming so quickly that he had to double-check that he was doing what he wanted to be doing. 

The ground, approaching at roughly fourteen hundred kilometers per hour, disappeared as Shazam pressed the stick forward to reveal the base at close range. Oh crap... The entrance to the main center lay dead ahead as the road came to an end and the AA guns swivelled to identify him.  That's three missile locks too many... Shazam snap rolled out of his s-turns and hopped over the entrance to the base, the missile that had been tailing him earlier not getting enough space to get a good angle smashed into the building.  The front entrance was a remarkable piece of work with an ornate transparisteel lobby folding out from a thick pair of entrance lock and key systems.  Two gates consisted of the entrance before actually getting into the lobby- but it was pretty much shattered now... Shazam suppressed a whoop as he realized he was still being pursued by three missiles. 

He began to rise in the hopes he could spring back down and lose a few missiles through a dive maneuver but he was rudely awakened as a pair of X-wings began blasting down on his position with rapid fire from their four cannons.  "It's getting tight around here!"  The natural tendency of the TIE class starfighters to darken the viewport when an explosion occurred obscured his vision as he dived back down toward the top of the base which was heavily armed with Anti-Air as well.  Before he knew what he'd done, the viewport was back to normal but his cockpit remained dark as walls enclosed around him. What the...  Oh man... He caught a quick glimpse of a docked squadron of X-wings and another of A-wings as he dropped into the hanger bay at roughly a thousand kph.  if the hanger hadn't extended into yet another ornate facility to house guest and perhaps the clones during lunch, he'd have been screwed. 

Shazam brought his TIE so close to the ground he could see himself in the reflection of the waxed duracreet.  Ahead, where a normal white wall should have been was a circular entrance about twenty-five feet tall and across.  The three missiles were still on his tail and catching up fast now that he couldn't maneuver.  Using the space he had, Shazam leaned his fighter to the left, rising up off the ground slightly so he could make a mini-s turn and swing himself back toward the circular exit.  In doing so, Shazam carried the three missiles, each beginning to wind down on their power supplies, toward the X-wing fighters.  Almost clipping the wall, Shazam rounded off his turn just in time to feel the remorseful shake from two consecutive explosions detonating against the hull of an RS fighter.  The first missile had collided and the explosion set off the second, but the third had enough time to compensate and continued on it's merry way as Shazam plunged through the gap in the wall. 

As the Imperial pilot entered this room his jaw nearly dropped as he got a first hand look at the bunking facilities for such a base.  Although this couldn't have been the actual cloning facility portion of the base, it certainly housed them.  Standing up on columns of fifty and creating a mass circle around the room, this was the center of the base.  At the very top was a transparent barrier. Perfect Shazam drove his ship upward with just enough room, his fighter already going too fast to be constrained by walls.  The glass cover just ahead felt so good- so right. I must have gone underground quite a little ways- I don't remember there being a tower in the middle of the base...  Then again, we'll see in a minute... Giving it a good blast he lost his smile as he realized the glass wasn't shattering as he'd expected- but he couldn't just stop and turn around!  The velocity was too great to make a turn in such a confined space!  The missile hum was so loud that Shazam gave his indicator a quick look and saw the number winding down to ten meters for missile impact.  Not sure of what he was thinking, Shazam remembered back to the battle above Cepany where he'd tried to chase down Warren Dimmias in Japheth's personal TIE Defender.  Just as his missile was about to reach him he pulled a spectacular and infuriating stunt.  Ejecting from his craft, he launched himself practically into the RS hanger bay and to safety, leaving the craft in his pursuers path as the missile as the missile that had been following him was about to ignite it. 

He hated to learn from the enemy but... What can ya do... Shazam pulled up hard on the stick, the G's blacking him out as he was suddenly bearing right into the wall.  Pulling up and out on the ejection handle Shazam felt his body pushed into the back of his seat stronger than he could ever remember experiencing before.  Lightning quick, the opening of the aggressor shot off as rocket fuel disintegrated the bolts and other hard points, allowing his ejection seat to burst through the narrow exit.  He'd brought his craft in a slight arc so the momentum of his turn didn't carry him into the wall but into the center of the room, straight down toward that shiny duracreet.  As he was propelled toward the center of the planet he felt eleven times his weight and the inability to control anything- utter helplessness.  Then the seat began to slow with the help of some reverse thrusters along the backside of the seat, only enough that he could actually see again- but things were still going far to fast.  Not sure what good it would do, Shazam felt his fingers crawl against the parachute handle.  Finding a good grip, he pulled back on the faded red hanger and felt the chair push in yet another direction.  It was as if he'd hit an air bump and he was now on a slide.  The ejection seat was now righting itself and the parachute inflated as it met a wall of air pressure, stopping the descent with a painful grunt.  The momentum that had been bringing him toward a wall again swung him the opposite direction as it came to a halt, thanks to the parachute.  All this did was give Shazam his first real look at what his fighter had done after he'd escaped it.

Laser bolts... The ship had collided with one of the highest housing units and practically disintegrated as it erupted into a fireball and overtook seven other nearby compartments.  Shazam almost smiled but got a good glimpse at the falling debris and began to understand he was in the center of a massive enemy barracks and in no better a situation than before.  Half the fuselage as well as bits and pieces of the shattered radiation paneling was about to free-fall on top of him so Shazam began to grab for things, suddenly forgetful of ejection seat training. There's a lever! The parachute unhooked with a quick clap and the seat was now plummeting faster than the debris on top of him. Another lever!! Instead he found a soft control stick in his right hand and then another in his left.  Pulling the trigger in the right hand he felt himself sway to the left as the starboard thrusters came alive. Repulsor-lifts...  Man- this is some drop... The duracreet was a good ten feet away when both repulsors kicked in and he began his bounce toward the underside of the housing units.  The seat lowered in speed and clipped the wall slightly as Shazam began to float down a corridor, the remains of his craft crashing to the ground behind him.

Shazam didn't move for a while after that as sirens went off and the sound of feet scattering could be heard in nearby routes.  The chair hovered, slowly rumbling forward as Shazam thought to himself- That was....  AWESOME!

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

Commander of Nazgul Squadron, Phoenix Wing and Training
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  913
Total Posts:  1963
June 21, 2006 1:42:03 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden fought the urge to put the X-wing on the ground and save Shazam, but he had ejected in the hanger and would hopefully survive.  He could see blaster fire coming out of the hanger, but hopefully it was Shazam who was the one shoving the lasers down the RS soldiers' throats, and not his own.

"Nazgul two to all pilots, Nazgul one is down.  Follow my lead," said Jaden

Do we always have to loose pilots to stupid battles like this...I'm beginning to think the same question at before...

What the hell are we fighting for?

Jaden could see the A-wings and X-wings pouring out of the hangers as their comrade kept falling.  Within five minutes, half a squadron had been taken down and another whole squadron into the air.  It seemed as if the survival rate was falling every second of their lives.

"This is two....is anyone else feeling that sick thing in your gut like me?" said Jaden

"I can't even feel anything.  My body is so numb I'm running on pure adrenaline," said Trevor, "Watch your six two, you've got two bogies"

Jaden snapped back into reality.  He would have to make an attempt to stay with his fellow squadron members.  He was in the lead now, and they needed his help.

"three, some assistance please," said Jaden

"Affirmative," said Art, "I've already got missile lock, engaging now"

Jaden rolled the fighter to the right to avoid the volley of blaster fire coming from one of the A-wings.  The S-foils on the X-wing couldn't take anymore.  The aft shields had been gone and the lasers were ripping right through the S-foils.

"Damn, taking too much fire on my aft.  Going into a nose dive to try to loose this one," said Jaden, "My shields are out"

Jaden kicked the rudder pedal and cut the throttle.  As the nose of the fighter pointed towards the ground, Jaden jacked the throttle back up and made sure the stabilizers were all running up to par.  Without those, he wouldn't be able to pull up from the ground.

"Astromech unit, make sure those real stabilizers are locked down" said Jaden, and was replied with a series of beeps that came into the head monitor as, "Affirmative"

The ground was spinning as Jaden rolled the X-wing into a right barell roll, the lasers zipping past the fighter.  The A-wing was heading full throttle for his aft and now had missile lock.

"Damn!" Jaden curses through the com system, "Pulling up!

The fighter stopped on a dime as Jaden cut the throttle and pushed it to full again.  The A-wing couldn't react fast enough and pelted into the ground with a small "poof"

"Close one," said Jaden

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

CMDR/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)

Commander of Aegis Squadron
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  44
June 21, 2006 9:41:06 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
**Prior to the shield going down**

Cyleaf was having some fun, since those turrets and fighters were down he and Demonic had begun to chew up the RS ground forces with laser fire. Circling around again the com unit came alive.

"All Vast Empire fighters, this is your commander Shazam, we have pinpointed the location of the shield generator. Nazgul flight two and Kaph flights two and three, converge on the fighters in the area. Keep them occupied while Nazgul flights one and Kaph flight one escort Aegis and the other bombers to the cloning facility," said Shazam, "Target information should be in your terminals now"

Cyleaf looked at the computer screen as the information flashed, turning the Hawkbat until he was in the right heading and increased it to full. "Good luck 3, see you on the inside" came Demonic as he split off to go towards his assigned mission. It would only take a few minutes till he was rendezvousing with Nazgul and Aegis.

Another Hawkbat appeared in front of Cy as they about reached the other squads. "Ok 3 stick with me and it'll be a piece of cake" came Scout, as the Zabrak came up onto his right side. Both fighters flew through where the shield was and only just in time as it came back to life again almost on top of them.

Amazed wouldn't be quite the word as Cy saw the fighters coming out to engage the Imperial forces, not to mention the defenses that had roared to life littering the sky with red streaks of death. Seeing the bombers dead ahead and Nazgul's Interceptors in front leading the way both Kaph fighters increased speed to catch up.

"Sir, I've got two flights of A-wings in the radar and one flight of x-wings. The odds are against us," said Jaden

"Alright, Nazgul leader to Kaph leader, bring up your fighters on the rear of the enemy fighters that are tailing the bomber squadrons. We're going to meet them head on." Didn't Shazam remember Will was dead? Cy thought to himself at hearing those word, the battle had been hectic and memories could easily get confused, but Demonic was leading Kaph in Will's absence, looking though the transperisteel he saw the fighter's harrowing the bombers.

Taking one of those agile a-wings in his targets while Scout took another the two fighters began to shoot lasers trying to get their attention. Watching the shields intercept their shots Cy saw an x-wing zoom past underneath him, looking behind him he saw it yo-yo and come above, he cringed waiting for the fire from behind but it never came.

The x-wing flew above him towards the fighters; it had cannibalized its friends, just like the blue rings. Both Scout and Cy flew through where the shield was and only just in time as it came back to life again almost on top of them.

"It's a trap" yelled Shazam over the com unit.

Cyleaf began to panic, as more x-wings poured from the target facility. Watching the fighters roar into greet the Imperials, one x-wing broke off and headed towards a bomber.

Watching Cy immediately increased throttle and veered towards the attacker. "I've got you covered" he said firing his linked cannons into its shield effectively discouraging it from pursing its target. "Thanks for the assist" came the grateful pilot's reply, following the x-wing the Zabrak pelted it with hails of fire sending it down to the duracrete where it belonged.Wow finally a pilot worse than me, they must be scrapping for bodies now Cy thought rejoining the dog fight.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited June 22, 2006 5:20:27 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  77
June 22, 2006 3:40:07 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Only on the last mission, Sion might have been the one trapped under that shield.  During that mission he had been moved to flight two and had become Kaph 6.  As soon as we take care of these fighters, we can bring down that shield, thought Sion.  X-Wings had begun to join the fray of A-Wings, making the battle even more complicated.  I really hate X-Wings.

"This is Kaph Leader, it has recently been reported that Phoenix Leader has been shot down but is still alive.  We need to get those shields down as soon as possible so ground troops can come in to rescue them!  We need to get rid of some of these damn fighters first!"

Than Sion checked one of the sets of LED's, he had four missiles left.  If he saved them, he might have the ability to do a lot of damage to that shield generator if not destroy it.  Though, again, there was still the problem with the enemy fighters. 

"This is Kaph 5 to Kaph 6, I think I have a good angle on a formation of A-Wings, cover me."

"Copy that Kaph Leader," replied Sion as he brought the Hawkbat into position.

There was a flight of them in a triangle formation, Sion and Kal were at about their four O'clock.

"Ok Kaph Six," said Demonic, "I don't think they notice us in particular.  Let's trying to pull out and back so we can sneak onto their six.

"Copy that."

As dictated, the two Hawkbats pulled out from their target and swung back.  The green pilots in the A's didn't see it coming until it was too late.  Kal and Sion immediately took out two of the fighter and they split up to take out the other two.  They kept tight on the A-Wings' tails until they got through the shields and caused their fuel tanks to explode. 

"Nice work Six," said Demonic.

"Thanks Kaph Leader," replied Sion.

Than Sion glanced at the radar only to dive down in alarm.  An X-Wing had come in to attack Sion's flank.  Sion's quick thinking caused the attack to fail, fire going over him.  The X-Wing came around, but this time Sion was ready.  Firing at  the X before it could make a full turn.  The X-Wing retreated, but Sion wasn't about to let him go.  The pilot was stupid enough to fall for the same trick he had failed to pull, Sion getting a good hit on the X-Wing.  The X-Wing pulled out of the firing lane but ended up in another one because Sion had gotten onto his tail.  Than Sion just kept on blasting away at another green pilot until the shields went dark red and then disappeared.  It took only one hit after that for the X to go up in flames.

"Wow, you're not very nice," said Demonic in a mock voice of scolding. 

"He started it," said Sion in a mock wine.

The shield generator came into view.  Sion was tempted blow the generator to pieces, but his orders were to thin out the fighters first and that is what he was going to do.

"Sith spawn, there are a lot of fighters out here," said Skylla.

Sion saw one of the blue rings blast another X-Wing to pieces.

Demonic must have seen it too,  "I just remembered something.  They found that Crashed X-Wing pilot out in the woods."

"I heard about that," said Sion.

"Well, there is a rumor that he has been telling a story, the pilot that shot him down was a crazy Imperial that went head on with him."

The silence told Demonic that Sion got the picture so he started laughing.

"Guess you might have not killed him after all," said Demonic.

-----------------------
FM/CPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)
Than Sion, destroyer of all things cute and fluffy!!!
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited June 22, 2006 3:42:33 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  244
Total Posts:  1363
June 23, 2006 6:07:36 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen's mind switched from bomber pilot to fighter pilot. He took a position behind Hunter and to his left. Aegis 12 fell in right behind him. Raigen couldn't see Zharn but was sure he was around somewhere. Trapped inside a shield with x and a wings. He thought it was exciting. This was the stuff you join the Navy for. Raigen had said he only had 1 missile left, but after stripping the scimitar of the unnecessary pats such as the cockpit's climate control and unneeded sensors, he had a little space left. While the techs that prepared his bombers were taking a break. Raigen installed a nice targeted rocket launcher. Another thing to get scolded over later. He wanted to try it out but couldn't get a lock on the xwing aegis was chasing. His TAP wasn't working...no...it wasn't there. He had knocked it off accidentally during preflight. Raigen pulled himself together and pulled up next to Hunter.

"Aegis 9. I've only got one missile. You all go ahead and I'll help out Troesel." He called over the com link.

"No way. You're staying with us Raigen." called Hunter

"Trust me. It doesn't make sense for all of us to go. The rest of you can take out the base. I'll take care of Aegis 6!"

"Very well, but be careful and hurry up."

Raigen broke formation and blasted ahead of the group. The four rockets were aligned vertically along the side of the bomber. They were the size of a rifle and in the shape of a missile. Raigen turned on his manual targeting screen and tried to lock onto the x-wing. The incom fighters were faster and better armed and Raigen struggled to keep up. "I've got you aegis 6. Hold in there!"

The screen went green and Raigen fired the first rocket. The rocket dropped from the bomber and free fell toward the ground, but only after a second of falling were the propulsion system of the rocket activated. The missile gained speed and collided with the shields of the x-wing. Raigen new what would happen. The xwing pilot would divert power to rear shields. Raigen manually targeted again. This time he chose a specific location. Then another. Suddenly, two rockets began their run but his time they went sideways and began to fly on either side of the xwing.Raigen armed the button marked TOT or Take out Target. Te rockets flew straight into the side shields of the x wing. It was smoking but not down. Raigen had no choice. He fired his last rocket straight at the xwing. BINGO. Raigen had to pull an upward corkscrew to avoid the explosion. Apparently the ship had a full stash of missiles which exploded with the last rocket.

"You're clear now 6. Lets meet up with Hunter and the rest of the squadron."

"Aegis 11! Check your fuel level!" called Aegis 6.

"Why?" Asked Raigen.

"Because you're leaking fuel!"

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Aegis 1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (VC:B)
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited June 23, 2006 6:12:01 PM)]
Atrick25
ComNet Initiate

Atrick25

Post Number:  101
June 23, 2006 7:03:06 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Atrick couldn't keep his eyes off the immense space battle in front of him. It was so breathtaking and yet, it was terrifying. Knowing that at any second you could die, didn't make a pilot like Atrick feel too good.

Will came over the channel again.

"Alright guys, same formation going in. Krius take the left, Atrick on the right. This will be a lot tougher than before, but it's pretty simple. We fly straight to the planet, no questions asked. If enemy fighters tail you, just speed ahead and try not to get shot. The chances of surviving an explosion in space are next to zero."

Atrick could've sworn he heard a slight chuckle after the last remark, but he had no time. They were already zooming into the battle.

A ship exploded on his right, followed by one being shot right in front of them. The scrap piles that remained just floated, a grave reminder that war was not a game.

Will started talking rapidly a few seconds later.

"Enemy blockade ahead! They don't want anyone else to get to the planet I guess. We'll have to blast our way through and dodge that frigate fire. Aim for the first two Preybirds there. I'll follow your cannon fire with a couple more missles and that should give us enough room to get through. After that, make a beeline for the planet. They should be preoccupied with the other TIE wing that is already trying to take them out. If you make it past this, you're not a greeny anymore. Let's go." Atrick smiled as Will could be heard over the channel laughing at the greeny joke. He could imagine Krius smirking in his cockpit, with his smug face. Then, Atrick stopped laughing.

Ahead, two flights of Preybirds were engaging a flight of TIE Interceptors and things didn't look good form the Imperial side. The Preybirds had them outnumbered two to one and behind the fighting, several ships were watching the battle, as if it was a show.

Coming closer to the battle, Atrick switched all shield power to front, and prepared his trigger finger.

Opening fire on the leftmost stationary ship, it turned deep red in seconds and started flying like mad. Krius had already brought the others shield down and Will had fired the missles. One must have been a dummy, and flew straight past Krius' Preybird and the other one detonated on impact with Atrick's. He smiled as the metal started flaming and exploding.

He kept flying with Krius and Will still with him in formation, and dodged around the space junk. Will and Krius opened cannon fire on the other Preybird and made up for the dummy missle. The 'Bird was down in seconds.

Throwing his throttle back to full, Atrick saw the planet looming ahead. They soon entered the atmosphere with no more resistance encountered from the Rebel fleet. Will was quiet as the bumping and rocking stopped and they sped on, looking for enemy resistance from the air.

About 10 minutes later they had reached the first signs of fighting. Big craters pocked the landscape and Atrick could see piles of smoldering metal in the craters.

Up ahead, there seemed to be a skirmish going on. Atrick recognized the insignia for Nazgul on some of the TIE fighters, but waited for Will to let him go. But Will said something totally unexpected by Atrick.

"They're trapped!"

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  48
June 23, 2006 7:17:21 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Cyleaf and Scout were the only Kaph pilots inside the shield, flight one had taken two losses this battle, Will and Dodger. Though these two only made up a small part of the Phoenix wing inside the shield they gave their all.

Cyleaf broke right firing lasers at an oncoming x-wing sending it right into Scout's path. "Missile lock" Kaph 4 said before letting it go. The x-wing exploded in the air, a direct hit to the fuselage. The hawkbat's controls lit up, another missile lock on the Zabrak.

"Hey Scout see that Turbo laser turret, think you can draw its fire for me while I ram this tailgating missile down its throat?"  "Sounds fine to me" Scout replied. Increasing his speed and decreasing altitude Cy directed his Hawkbat towards his target while Scout increased altitude and started to pelt the turret.

Looking behind his canopy he saw the missile follow his movement coming in hot behind him. Decreasing power from his weapons he fed that extra bit into his engines trying to squeeze out more juice. The ground seemed a blur as he whipped over troops with shoulder mounted launchers and anti-aircraft vehicles. those are going to have to go next he thought hoping this worked.

The turret was launching red beams up towards Scout and other fighters that dared to get close, for luck he guessed it hadn't seen the Hawkbat screaming at it. "Almost there" he said over the coms as it began to loom over him, pulling up slightly over the wall in front of him so that the missile would follow he started to count to himself.1..2...3 on that third count he flipped the Hawkbat on the side while streaking towards it.

The tower seeing the new threat began to orient on him, that would have meant certain death a few seconds sooner but it was too late, almost scrapping the fighter's underbelly Cy pulled off course enough that the missile didn't. It slammed into the tower showering debris everywhere. "Excellent" Cy said, turning his hawkbat back towards the ground forces.

"How about we mop up some troopers 3" "sounds good to me 4, I'll follow your lead" both hawkbats swooped over the troops like granite slugs, mowing down lines and damaging vehicles. "You got a fighter on your tail 3" came Scout, "When I say pull up" he added.

Looking behind him Cy saw it was true, green bolts lanced past him missing by inches; an a-wing was hot on him. "Now!" Cy pulled up hard increasing throttle as Scout launched another missile taking out the fighter's shields. But it was still in hot pursuit. Out of nowhere and x-wing blasted the a wing to bits, it was the same pilot from the earlier maneuver.

"Thanks x or the help" the Zabrak called over the radio, to be greeted by a double click of acknowledgement. Feeling good about himself and trying to push the fatigue back another heart wrenching event happened.

"Nazgul two to all pilots, Nazgul one is down.  Follow my lead," said Jaden, "What!" Cy said not knowing if the comunit picked it up or not. First Will, now Shazam he couldn't believe it, seasoned pilots were starting to fall. All the strength he seemed to have before was being sapped away like a leech.

But all that would have to wait for later, he had a job to do.

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  246
June 23, 2006 7:43:21 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen's fuel level was dropping rapidly. His power levels started to fade in and out. He could only conclude that he had been hit by a shrapnel from the x-wing's explosion or shot by a turret. He was trying to focus on the fuel problem but he couldn't concentrate with the rest of the warnning lights and signals.

"Hunter. I'm out of luck. You'll have to fight this one without me. I gotta leak in my fuselage and gotta pull out."

"What do you mean pull out?" asked Hunter.

"I'm not going to make it much longer. I gotta make it back to the ship or I'll run out!"

"Yeah, I got that! But how are you going to get out of these shields? How much in your emergency reserve?" he asked.

"Not enough. I'll fire off this last missile but they better get those shields down or..."

"Hang in there 11."

The bomber shook as the last of fuel trickled out. Raigen quickly switched to his emergency supply and set a course for the main base where Aegis was staging an attack.I hope they get those shields down. he thought as he and aegis 6 pulled in with the rest of the squadron.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited June 23, 2006 7:46:56 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2451
June 24, 2006 1:14:58 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
The ejection seat was well padded but a little torn up, areas of the well woven fabric torn to reveal other, thicker layers meant to protect against harsh weather and blazing fires.  Although he'd experienced no real injury from the accident, Shazam had to admit he was a little  shaken up.  Well- messed up.  First off, he'd floated down a hallway for about five minutes without really taking into account that he had situated himself into the center of an enemy military instillation loaded with fully trained clone troopers.  Second, and his favorite lapse in mental function, was the fact that he hadn't once thought of drawing his blaster pistol, stationed on his right side in a compartment of the seat.  By the time he'd realized exactly how deranged he had become he was almost off of his seat and walking into a random room.  Stopping himself mid-step, he began to think... 

I came in through the hanger bay and went into circular barracks- but that was atleast fifty levels...  How many from the outside- ten?  The hanger must have been deeper than I cared to look at.  Wow- fifty stories below ground and I have no idea where I am...  So, drawing the DL-44 Heavy blaster pistol from its assigned position, he hefted the gun to about shoulder height and gave a glance down the barrel.  It'd been months since he'd really studied his emergency equipment, something he mentally noted over and over again would be the death of him, so the gun felt cold and unwieldy in his hands rather than at home in his warm embrace.  Shazam wasn't much on weapons, save a Fighter, but it didn't mean he wasn't keen on making good practice in his own techniques.  Shazam checked for the safety on the weapon, keying off any notion of martial arts exercises in the hall right then and replacing them with the disruptive, rudementary style of the pistol.  Loud and awkward, his father had called such a weapon once- it was then he'd taken a special interest in...

"Hands up- drop the weapon and slowly turn..."  A voice barked from behind him with a careful, well-trained perception of the pilot and his abilities.  He wouldn't be able to take him out by anything other than a blessing...

***Command Room***

"What next?"  Roelk querried from his comfortable chair in the corner of the room.  Dark and forbidding, the atmosphere had turned vile as Rothow's plan to trap the heavilly modified corvette inside the base's sheild failed with innumeral death throws.  Not only did the men at the shield generator fail to entrap the craft within the boundaries set by the innermost, and undoubtably visible ring surrounding the base, but they'd locked its escorts in without it.  This would probably be blamed on overcompensation for the time it takes to warm-up and activate the shield generator, but it was really more than that.  Or was it?  A few fighters making it in may have been acceptable, but now there was nothing for them to protect- they had no worry of thier precious corvette being decimated by Anti-Air cannons.  Instead, breaking up each RS squadron, the Imperial forces were scattering any form of resistance the rebel group had conceived.  When the ratios would have suggested a three to one advantage in favor of the RS, the VEN had manipulated the forces so adequetely that it had dropped to a one vs one battle- each pilot on their own.  Since the overhead battle had become so haphazard and unpredictable, the technical staff that was supposed to be warning their pilots of enemy pursuers were failing to even locate their allied pilots, leaving those intending to harm them unmolested.  This threw things into a more firey fray.  Veiag was pannicking again though and Rothow appeared to be totally intemperate, throwing caution and rational thought to the wind.  Roelk was another story though- he'd reviewed the course of his actions in various perspectives and hadn't found an acceptable option thus far.  Thus- he was lost.  He wasn't sure if he should look at himself as the thwarted hero or the dumbfounded loser.  Right or wrong, he'd made a mistake somewhere along the line and people were going to pay for it.  All the things he'd promised about increasing the popularity of the sector to drive them out of starvation...  He could never promise any of those things- perhaps promote false hope...

"We need to cut our losses and re-locate."  Rothow massaged his forehead with his finger tips before giving his scalp a brutal rub, his palm plowing through his sorted military hair.  His frustration was as palpable as hit utter rage- he'd become blood thirsty before, but this was borderline insanity. 

"And how do you propose we go about doing that?" Roelk answered absent-mindedly, no longer caring if he was provoking the genuine anger building up in his counter-part.  "I'm presuming your wanting to continue our little organization after our inevitable defeat here?"  Rothow clenched his fist and gave the senator a look.

"We can still get out of here," Vieag said, huddled up in his own corner of the room across the holo map from Roelk.  "We've all got our secured planets outside of the system we can go to- I'm willing to put this to rest.  If we sell our equipment from..."

"No!"  Rothow slammed his fist against the steel frame and began to stride toward the door, his tan commander's coat draped across the armchair he'd occupied for so many hours.

"Where are you going?" Vieag sat up quickly- fear in his eyes.  Even though he had nothing but contempt for the Imperial commander, he felt far more exposed when he was not near.  His incisive ridicule of his fellow High Council member may have been an act the entire time...

"The Might is in orbit somewhere- I intend to rendeveouz with it and discipline our armadda into something more proficient than this..." 

"So you're leaving?"  Roelk questioned but didn't get up, continuing to watch the battle as Rothow clicked the release on the door and walked out.  Vieag was stunned and looked as if he was fighting to say something, anything... 

"What now?"  The question lingered on after Vieag had issued it.  Roelk had a lot to think about now- even if he survived all of this, what had he to look forward to.  His wife would no doubt hear about his attempt on his own step-daughters life and the dismantling of the RS, or atleast the High Council.  It looked as if Rothow still had a personal vendetta to fulfill- it would have to be allowed...

"The order is retreat- sound it and move out..."  Vieag nodded, neither of them unsure of what the order really meant.  Maybe this was Roelks way of saying surrender- they wouldn't make it out of the atmosphere but atleast the higher ups could sort some things out before the VEN made their final move. 

After a moment of silence, Vieag said something just for the yearnig to fill the empty void.  "Look- Rothow left his coat..."  As Vieag began to reach for it there was a bright light and a strong heat against Roelk's chest...

***Near-by holding center***

"What was that!"  One of the three guards withdrew his blaster and headed toward the door.  The off-white room rocked slightly as a compartment a block or so away detonated and men began to swarm.  The entrance to the room had two consecutive doors- a hallway between each just wide enough to allow for the opening of both at the same time.  They were a much heavier metal and required specific key cards to become activated.  He was in the detention center...  A half ring of consoles headed up the room to meet any new-comers and create an ID for them so their passage in the center could be recorded.  Behind this was an even thicker door than the previous two and had a quad-set of locks, each to a corner of the door.  Inmate housing? Shazam made an educated guess as he looked on the intense scene before him.

"I think that was the Command Room!" Another man continued as Shazam thought to himself- Now where was I just before that old-man pulled a riot-gun on me?  Ah yes- I'd taken a special interest in the martial arts.  Any of them...  Taking the shock factor into the game, the pilot stood and strode to the man behind the console.  His legs hadn't been binded just yet, but the pair around his wrist would not encumber him any more than if he had no arms at all.  Planting his right foot, he followed through with his left, landing a side thrust kick into the spine of the control manager.  Hope they can fix that...  This only anounced his presence to the other two, but he'd managed to keep up the tempo, not stopping just because the kick had followed through well.  Planting the left foot now, Shazam straightened out, rising up all the while and bringing his right leg around.  Pivoting, and not spinning, Shazam snapped the blade of his right foot into the adam's apple of his second opponet, getting a good bit of pressure from the other side to tell him that he'd landed it.  Gasping for air and falling to the ground, Shazam decided not to worry about him for a little while more.  Reverting back to that 'loud and awkward' arsenal, he was pleased to find his enemy to the right having trouble dislodging his pistol from it's holster.  Casually, noting that they'd had no time to get him processed, he located his DL-44 and lifted it to shoulder length as he'd done minutes before. 

"I'll need your ID now and some directions..."

(Alright guys- this is it.  Shazam is going to get into a seperate hanger bay and get out of there just as the Coruscant calls in saying that the forces nearest to the planet have jumped out and those that they were engaging have been destroyed.  I can get detailed about how they do it and such, but I'll do it in my next post.  Anywho, the explosion that Rothow left in the Command Center for his two companions basically made a lamp for the Coruscant to look at.  Not only would our fire fight allow it to focus it's weapons on the base, but this helps by thermo-navigation.  Anyways- the base is going to get bombarded.  This story ends on Sunday- get what you need to get in- done.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

Na
zgulSquadron

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  257
June 24, 2006 12:20:55 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen had broken formation and climbed to the top of the shield and fired off a shot to see if it was still up. It was and he was down to a quarter of his emergency fuel was already burned up. Raigen only had a few minutes. He cut down power to shields and concentrated on avoiding fire. The bomber bucked as it struggled to retrieve the last of the fuel. That was when Raigen saw it. A bird...floating. Just floating in the air without moving. Raigen thought for a second before a burst of light fired from the place where the bird was floating. It was a top mounted cloaking turret on the roof of the base. Raigen's scimitar finally ran out of fuel as he dived his scimitar down toward the turret's position. His final missile was armed and ready. Raigen worked his manual targeting computer to the position of the turret. He obviously couldn't target a cloaked object so he targeted the base and set an impact position relative the structure so the missile was sure to hit the turret. 1...2...3... Fire! The turret lit up as Raigen blazed through the Explosion. It was over for Raigen as he tried to initiate the escape pod function of his Scimitar. It was to no avail. The function must have been taken out with the TAP in the hanger or shot out while trying to take out that x-wing. "I'VE GOT NO EJECT! I'm going down aegis. I repeat Aegis 11..........."
Raigen was knocked out as the scimitar shot past the rest of aegis squadron and into a patch of trees. The wings of the bomber were caught between two trees as the cockpit/escape pod finally got knocked loose. As the pod was knocked loose, the ejection burners kicked in and the pod jettisoned into the ground. The pod dug into the ground as the egines and wings exploded behind him.

"Aegis 11! AEGIS 11! Raigen?.....he's gone!" hunter said over he com.

-----------------------
Supreme White Knight of the Reply
-----------------------------------------------------------

Demonic
ComNet Novice

Demonic

Post Number:  75
Total Posts:  218
  Its a trap!
June 24, 2006 1:00:57 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
"Well, I guess we just have to wait 'till those shields get knocked out." Said Demonic. He tapped his fingers on the control panel of his fighter. The mission looked like it was nearly over. He sat back. What would happen to Kaph? He had been filling in as commander of the squadron, but he was nowhere near qualified to lead them. If only Will hadn't died...

"Kaph squadron, this is Recon. Requesting immediate air support, south of your position! A pair of enemy fighters are bombarding us and we don't have any anti-air weaponry powerful enough to fight them off. Your closest to our position, please assist!" a voice called out over his communication set.

Demonic thought for a second, then contacted Kaph. "Me and Than are going to move to support, we aren't doing much good here anyways. Any of you blue rings wanna help out?" He broke off from formation outside the shield, flying towards the south, than and a pair of Blue ringed X-wings following. Quickly two A-wings came into view, dropping bombs on a small platoon of recon soldiers.

"This is Kaph 5, moving in for the assist..." Than said, establishing a lock on one of the fighters. He and Than pursued one, while the two blue rings pursued the other.

"Dammit this guy wont stay still!" Than said irritably as their shots flew past the target. "He's doing a good job at evading us."

Demonic took a second to look down to his sensors. He swore at what he saw. "Shit! Its a trap! They were trying to lure us here, enemy fighters closing from all sides!" He disestablished his lock, and he and Than turned to rejoin the blue rings.

"Lets form up, we'll do better if we stay together." Kal said, adjusting his shields. As fighters enclosed on their position,  he increased his speed, the others following. They flew out of the cluster, turning around to meet their enemies head on.

"Put majority shield power at front angle, increase power to weapons from non-essentials!" He said. They flew into the enemy cluster, firing a volley of lethal energy. Three fighters went down, shattered, with a few more injured. They were still gravely outnumbered.

"This is Kaph 5! We've been ambushed, requesting assistance!" Demonic said desperately. Suddenly a pair of enemy fighters made a sharp turn, having predicted their assault.

"I've got one locked on me!" One of the blue wings said. He span defensively, but a barrage of energy slammed into his engines. "Son of a bit...!" he began, his fighter exploding into a deadly spray of shrapnel. The numbers were now six to three.

"Look out, you have one on your tail!" Than Sion warned the other blue ring.  The pilot cut his engines, hoping for the enemy to overshoot him. Unfortunately, at that moment the enemy fighter changed its path slightly, and the two X-wings smashed into eachother, blowing up in a spectacular explosion.

"Lets give these guys hell Than." Demonic said. They flew around to meet the enemy head on. Demonic swore as his fighter shook, his shields weakening as he took hits. They managed to eliminate two of the fighters, but the three remaining managed to turn in time to lock on to their tails. Suddenly a wash of energy rained down from above, sending one enemy out of control and causing the other two to break off their attack.

"This is Kaph leader, moving to assist." Willtconq said.

-----------------------
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)
100% on both Exams, looking good.
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph 2nd flight leader
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

Post Number:  81
June 24, 2006 7:42:14 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"This is Kaph leader, moving to assist." Willtconq said.

Than Sion said the first thing that impulsively came to mind, "Sir, you're alive!!!"

Sion was filled with emotions; everyone had believed that Will was dead.  Now here he was, saving Kaph rear end again.  Sion held back tears of joy. 

"Well, I am happy that someone had missed me," said Willtconq.

"Sir, we all thought you were, well, we thought you were dead," said Kal.  "Hell, I have even taken temporary control of the squadron."

"I will explain later, first we must take out those A-Wings!" ordered Will.

The A-Wings had come around for another attack, but the Kaph trio was ready for them.  The Kaph pilots fired at the A-Wings, causing them to scatter again.  The Imperial pilots split up, Kal and Sion against one, will against the other.  Sion pulled out away from his target, as Demonic chased him.  Sion brought his fighter closer to the ground, waiting for Demonic to bring the fighter by him.  When the time came, Sion brought the fighter back up and assaulted the A-Wings flank, taking out its deflector shield.  Demonic slammed a few good shots into one of its engines, the fighter destabilized.  Than Sion finished it off, turning it into a cloud of fire and debris. 

"We bagged our A, Kaph leader," said Demonic.

"Good job men, got mine too," said Will.  "Not too bad for a dead man."

"Thanks Kaph pilots," this was the soldiers that had called for help earlier.  Everyone had forgotten about him after the trap and the return of Will.

**Ground Side**

Ralan Barel didn't know what had gotten into him when he had volunteered to help the Storm Troopers on their mission.  It was kind of awkward having a single man in an orange, Rebel Alliance style flight suit among the white armored Imperials.  But here he was, running around with an E-11 he picked off the ground and with his flight helmet still on.

The Storm Trooper had been looking for RS soldiers when they had been ordered to converge on the city.  The outer defenses had been destroyed and the battle front had been moved up deeper into the city.  They made it to the outskirts of town when they came under fire.  It had been an ambush.  RS light tanks on each side, blasting away at the pined down soldiers with repeaters. 

"This Sergeant Lingo, we need assistance.  We have been pined down by RS tanks and need help!"

"This is Kaph six, coming to assist."

The voice triggered something in Barel's mind, that is the pilot that shot me down!!!

The TIE made one run on one side of he troops; making short work of the lightly armored tanks with the TIE's laser cannons.  He came back to finish off the others that had made an attempt to retreat.

Amazingly, the troopers had only taken three casualties out of the whole platoon.  They moved out again as soon as the enemy had been destroyed.  Onward to take the city from the RS!

-----------------------
FM/CPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)
Than Sion, destroyer of all things cute and fluffy!!!
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  233
Total Posts:  860
June 26, 2006 1:16:40 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Well I`ll be..." Trevor said to himself as he watched part of the base ignite. "Think it was Shaz, two?" Trevor asked, swinging along said the X-wing that Jaden was piloting, Tokijin leading thw two of them.

"No clue, but if he did I wouldn`t be surprised." Jaden replied, checking his radar for any targets that they could go after.

"Yeah, me neither." Trevor said, flicking his fuel gauge. "I`ll be surprised if this thing makes it out of here though. They must`ve made the fuel tanks smaller in order to fit all those bombs." Just as he finished speaking a voice came over the comm that he recognized as one of the command crew on the Coruscant.

"This is the Coruscant to all pilots, The enemy forces are retreating to the other side of the planet." The man said over the comm, a slight air of relief in his voice.

"They are giving up?" Trevor asked, somewhat surprised. The battle had been getting much more evened out, but the Imperial pilots were getting tired, and Trevor himself could hardly think straight anymore.

"Yes Nazgul 9, they are giving up." Was his reply.

"You mean they quit?" He asked, shaking his head slightly.

"Yes, they quit." The man replied, sounding a small bit frusterated.

"You mean, they are running?" Trevor asked once more, giving his head a good shake and jerking the control yoke around to try and wake himself up.

"Shut up 9." Was his reply, the man apperently thinking that Trevor was playing around, and that he actually understood. He didn`t.

"Whatever..." Trevor replied, spotting an A-wing off in the distance and breaking formation. He pulled in behind the much quicker fighter and began setting a lock with the small ion cannon mountedon the roof of the fighter. The A-wing caught on and sped up, thinking he could just outrun Trevor.

"9, you`re never going to catch him. Leave him to Toki." Jaden told him, watching from the sidelines to see what would happen. He knew Trevor was a fairly capable pilot and could handle a Y-wing better than the majority of the Imperial pilots that were in the air, but he doubted that he could take out a A-wing with it.

"Yeah Trev, he`s to quick for you. Pull out and I`ll get him." Tokijin told him as she began pulling in behind the fighter.

"Nah Toki, I got him, just watch." Trevor replied, as he pushed his throttle to full. He didn`t gain on the A-wing, but it insted started to pull up into a loop in an attempt to get behind him. Trevor didn`t move from his flight path though, and waited for the A-wing to get in behind him.

As soon as it dropped down and leveled off, alarms went off telling Trevor he was being painted. Trevor nodded his head slightly acknowlodging the alarms and then cut his throttle. The A-wing was surprised at such a manuever and had to compensate with his lock, which took him more time than he expected. Trevor had his ion cannon locked onto the A-wing and rotated to shoot behind him, and he fired it twice, the first shot disabling the shields of the fighter, and the second one making contact with the fighter, frying the electrical systems, causing it to start to fall from the sky.

Before the A-wing had been hit though, it had dummy fired its missile and knocked out Trevor`s rear shields. As the pilot saw the ion bolts flying towards him, he let out a few blasts from his cannon before the ion bolts connected. These bolts connected with one of Trevor`s engines, knocking it out.

"Shit!" Trevor yelled and reached out, flicking off power to that engine so that it wouldn`t waste fuel. the loss of the engine ahdput him into a roll though, and he was having difficulty pulling out.

"Eject!" Tokijin yelled, watching helplessly as the Y-wing rolled over and over, seeming to straighten out for a moment before flipping over again.

"Nah, I`ve got `er..." Trevor grunted as he pulled on the yoke, allowing the fighter to continue its spin. He then reached out and dropped his throttle. The engine still was on, but was given just enough fuel to keep him moving. After he did this, he pulled the yoke in the opposite direction of his spin and it slowed, and then leveled off right way up. The fighetr seemed to be hardly moving, but it would save him fuel and keep him level until they could get out of the shield. Then he would slowly increase power as they left, allowing himself to keep control as he gained speed.

"See, I told you..." He said cockily over the comm as a grin spread across his face. Man, it feels good to be back in one of these. Too bad they will make me give it up after the mission. Oh well, maybe I`ll be allowed to fly it occasionaly just for fun or on a smaller mission. Who knows. He thought to himself.

The flights in the shuields had managed to clear most of the enemy fighters, while the rest had fled into the base. Trevor let out a sigh and waited for whatever owuld happen next as the rag-tag group of an X-wing, Y-wing and Agressor made their way around the outskirts of the shield.

-----------------------
FL/CPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2459
June 26, 2006 3:59:25 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam double-checked the room to see if he was in any way able to be surprised- after a thorough examination he concluded that it was clean and he would be alowed to expose himself to a simple shot to the back.  The man he'd kept concious was sent away after Shazam had taken his weapon, ID card and com, although it was a pretty low-grade version.  The console ahead of him looked like everything he'd ever seen in a capitol ship- buttons.  Why did I let him go?  His boots making a soft thud on the ground, Shazam reached the console and looked for anything that he could understand.  On the left hand console there was a series of keys with the center tagged with a 'Tyu 1' or 'Tyu 7'.  Shaking his head then rolling his neck after realizing how tight he was, Shazam checked the center and right console.  The right set of controls was comforting to see after the total inability to comprehend simple commands on the other two consoles.  A center dial controlled the frequency of the com channel and a seperate mic dangled at the side; one of the guards must have been holding it...

Shazam continued to survey the rest of the board, scanning the com channel's with the dial until he found the Nazgul frequency- Phoenix wing's had temporarilly slipped from his mind.  Leaning in close to the mic and giving an experimental 'hello' he nearly jumped when Trevor chirped- "He's alive!" 

"Copy that, Nine- how we doin up there?"  Shazam's left hand was fiddling with an information center built into the lowest portion of the console.  The screen displayed a bar between every article and the time it was released.  A holo drifted in the upper-right hand corner as Jen replied-

"We've been told that the RS forces have given up outside the atmosphere- they're jumpin to the other side of the planet for a retreat."

"I suppose that's a good thing..."  Shazam found the article at the top of the list detailing a specific retreat formation and vector; he studied it as Jen continued-

"The Coruscant is open to fire on the base but they don't want to destroy the fighters underneath the shield.  We're trying to take out the generator but it's got heavy armor and a few turrets at it's disposal.  We're doing our best, One."  Shazam nodded as something came to mind.  He hadn't the time to actually observe the inards of the ring, but technically- that's where the shield was coming from.  Perhaps the could free themselves...

"Five- get on the line with some of the people within the shield here- ask them to look for the shield outputs.  The generator forces the energy to something else before the shield is actually created- find that something else.  I'm guessing it'll be along the inside of the ring and projecting just beyond it."  What have we here?  An order to retreat from Roelk himself?  And it appears the explosion was the death of the two other High Council members...  So he finally decided to take control...  Shazam side-stepped to the left and kicked one of the fallen men onto his stomach to see what his belt all contained.  The commander took a knee and began investigating as Jen came back over the com-

"We've got two confirmed reports of ducts along the periphery- they're going to see if the cannons have any effect on them!"  Shazam lifted and eyebrow and opened up a pouch to find another com unit as well as what looked like a datacard.  Deciding there was nothing useful on it because the man was only a security type, Shazam hopped over to the console once again.  Findin the port right underneath the monitor, Shazam plugged the gey into the input and scrolled through the various check-ins the man had made.  Clockin in and out a lot I see...  Erase...  Dumping all the files, Shazam reverted back to the articles he'd been reading before and began copying.  While he hadn't seen co-ords he'd found plenty to suggest they  were somewhere nearby.  Titles like "fall-back position JVac2" would identify rendevous points that the VEN could use to end the conflict once and for all.  It was imperative he passed this information onto the higher ups. 

"The outputs appear to have a sheild themselves- nothing strong though- they're going to try missiles."  Shazam nodded once again and read through the retreat breifing once more.  RS Ground Forces resume battle?  The commander scoffed at Rothow's boldness at suggesting the ground forces stay and die so that they could buy time for his armadda to escape.  This must have been Rothow's favorite reason for getting clones- they did not question.  Fight to the death for a man who has obviously betrayed the organization?  Sure!  Unfortunetly, this meant the base would not be occupied by VE ground forces without a bloddy and costly fight- one they might not win if they encountered the massive number of clones stored up in the main barracks.  They would have to destroy the base...

"The shield is turnin colors!  We scored a hit on one of the funnels!  They're going after another one- I dunno if it'll be necessary though.  Looks like it's meant to run on all of the projecters..."  Jen sounded about as happy as he could remember so Shazam just smiled like a moron. 

"Tell the folks up in the big ships to fire when everyone is cleared- don't worry about me.  If they need to fire because the RS starts to scatter- tell 'em ta do it..."  Shazam wasn't a selfless person necessarilly, but he believed in letting the greater-good be done.  If he wasn't out by the time the star destroyer decided to attack, it probably meant he was being shot-up by clones and would be dead anyhow.  Besides- he was one man- Phoenix Wing Commander only gives you so many perks.  Then they pull the ground out from underneath you...

"Get out of there then, One..." 

"Copy that, Five-"  Shazam clicked off the terminal as he retrieved the data card and slung the riot gun the guard had been carrying over his shoulder.  Shazam wasn't a fan of the weapon, but he'd rather have it in case the DL-44 decided to quit on him.  Staring beyond the console was a road map of teh complex.  The background was a solid, clean white that contrasted with the walls slightly and made the map look even easier to use.  Noting that the clone barracks was not where he intended to go, Shazam looked for a route that would take him away from the slightly suicidal gang of clones but allow him to escape.  What's this?  Port?  Sounds like a hanger...  Shazam traced the route with his eyes and picked up the com he'd had all along, telling the remote which com's to keep tabs on and what to leave open at all times.  Time to fly...

"Captain- prepare my shuttle and request escorts to the far end of the atmosphere.  We're leaving..."  Rothow moved with the urgency or a killer- precise but not too quick, just enough time to make the hit.  That could have been a clue as to the activity he'd just concluded or a sign of times to come, but either way- no one wanted to make trouble. 

The clone captain gave a low bow as Rothow passed him and entered the personal hanger bay.  Roelk and Vieag's personal transports flanked his Lamda in the center.  The two had been less worried about attacks and liked to think about diplomacy and science for the most part, neglecting the obvious need to survive...  Rothow couldn't believe what he'd just done, but he was happy about it.  He continued to tell himself that the day would come eventually where only one man would be able to stand...  Rothow no longer had any explosives on him, but the silent thermal detonater he'd just used on his companions was a powerful one and had no doubt done the job.  Ever since his betrayel of the Empire, he'd become more nervous, more cause and a whole heck of a crazier.  Some men slept with a gun under thier pillow- Rothow carried explosives at all times.

"We're scrambling fighters to obscure your escape vector, sir- is there anything else I can get you?"  The clone didn't look Rothow in the eye out of military training, but one may have argued that a simple look would have fried him had he known better.

"Let our slicers know that all information about what has transpired here today as well as the memory banks of all the computers here need to be wiped.  Pick up a hard disk of the main computer and make sure it gets to the battle group before we jump..."  Rothow checked the pistol at his hip and twirled his ankle to get a feel for the weapons strapped to his legs.  Back to the Might, then.  I'll have to take the enemy by surprise now- attack in full force if I want to do any damage or hope to survive.  We dreamed of an empire- but now it is mine to control.  To create...  Rothow mashed his teeth realizing that they'd lost a significant pair of members not to mention battle assets and the very center of their operation- the cloning facility.  It would be ravaged soon enough or perhaps destroyed entirelly- either way it was coming to an end.  The reports he'd received from above were saying a lot of the same thing- Can't handle the fire-power of the ISD- we're pulling out.  So the Hapan Battle Dragon group would pull away to repair and replenish shielding as the group that was supposed to be guarding the planet for escaping craft dropped in to assist.  This resulted in both forces taking a severe beating and dropping themselves to about fourty-five percent hull.  Why the ISD wasn't chasing them now surprised Rothow- it had alwasy been his experience to kick them while they were down- finish it in one brutal stroke.  This tactic was unnacceptable to Rothow and he would let the VE know about in the coming weeks...  The captain sent out his final question-

"Will that be all, Sir?"  Rothow eyed him up and down as he began to proceed to the shuttle.

"Get me a new coat- my old one's missing..."

Shazam took what he thought to be the shortest route, although it would be the most travelled.  Cutting directly across the lane that split the base in half, Shazam would cut off ten minutes easilly.  Of course, he risked becoming exposed and killed on site for his obvious Imperial markings, but he figured he'd chance it.  The Imperial insigna on his chest was somewhat modified because of his position as Pheonix Wing commander- it could easilly be mistaken for the firey icon of the RS.  Also, many of the men and women were wearing dark uniforms- some black and others blue so he wouldn't stick out like a soar thumb.  When he'd been taken to the security head quarter's his helmet was taken and placed in a canister within the wall- he'd forgotten to pick it up.  What good it would do him at this point he could never know... 

Keeping a swift pace, the Commander began to see more and more people- none paying him much attention despite their anxious dispositions.  Entire groups of clone reinforcements would throw themselves past him in an attempt to get themselves through the now conjecsted hallways.  Up ahead was the main intersection where it appeared a high level clearence was being opened.  A small man in brown tech clothes began to skid his way as Shazam heard for the second time that day- "Freeze!"

The imperial dropped to a knee as he fired backward into the RS soldier.  Fortunetly it appeared not everyone in the base carried weapons and a lot of the conjestion would help to keep him an anonymous source of the heavy blaster pistol fire. 

"I think I see him!"  Shazam was still low so he couldn't tell just who'd said it, but his ears told him the voice was coming from the right.  They'd be on him in  moment.  Picking up the rifle of the man he'd just dropped, a terrified young woman screamed as she tried to get through the dense crowd of pannicked people.  Shazam thought the scene totally ironic considering most research suggested people stayed relativelly calm in emergencies despite the holo-vids:and yet the military bases can't handle it.  Shazam pushed his was through the crowd at his diminished altitude, using the gun to persuade people out of his way.  He felt some brave fellow shove him from behind and nearly force him into a face-plant.  Instead, Shazam let the blade of his arm fall flat against the ground as the momentum carried him past it.  The roll ended with him doubling back and shooting two bolts into the chest of the man.  This wasn't a clone, but the new volley of blaster fire sent the crowd out twice as fast, thinning his defense considerably.  He could see the clone troopers on the outside of the lanes getting in much easier now and making their way for him.

"Hold it there!"  Shazam rolled to the left and grabbed hold of the squat man he'd seen earlier.  Shazam had lost himself in all the twisting and turning and he'd need a guide if he intended to escape through the same area.

"Please!  Just take it!"  The man, though small, appeared to be rather fit and had a beaten mug for a face.  Shazam chuckled and pulled the small man into the curvature of one of the doors, keeping him and his new friend out of sight for a moment longer. 

"Yea- right.  I just need to know how to get to port 2A..."  Shazam wasn't looking as the small man lifted himself and hefted his two heavy legs into Shazam's chest.  Falling back into the center of the floor where he could be clearly seen by the RS troopers, Shazam rolled back to the little man who jumped on top of him and raised his fist for a killer punch.  The little man froze as Shazam re-connected with his blaster and held it firmly underneath his chin.  Tossing him back to the cleft in the wall Shazam querried frantically-  "Tell me now or my trigger finger gets happy..."

"Take a right and go until you see a black door- it's two after that on the left."  Shazam was about to say something about being little but still being helpful when four blaster bolts rang out and troopers converged on the area.  The little man took advantage of the situation and rushed Shazam.  The pilot was too quick though and stepped back to grab at him.  Feeling the body go limp, Shazam realized he was still being shot at right in the open.  The body fell into his open arms as he dragged the little man back for cover.  The enemy was clearly right there and there was no where to hid so blasting them right in a row wasn't a problem- it was just keeping his own cover behind the dead body that was difficult.  However, that many troops in one area would easilly overtake him in the next second or two.  Feeling around the corpse in his hands, Shazam found something interesting- a thermal detonater?  The pilot hadn't been paying much attention to what the little man had been up to before he'd gotten into the fight with him.  He had a coat slung over his shoulder along with a pack that looked like it belonged to a satchel charge but was holding something else in the meantime. 

Shazam dropped the heavy blaster at his side to grip the thermal detonater and switch it on.  Enjoy the fireworks...  Tossing it beyond the body and watching it skid down the hallway, Shazam came to his senses and picked up the blaster as well as the small man for cover.  Sprinting down the hall he was nearly taken off of his feet after the thermal detonater sent off it's wave of sheer destructive force.  The reign of blaster fire that had erupted when he stood and began to run faded aprupbtly and the hallway cleared.  Deciding that the body was indeed dead weight, Shazam grabbed the satchel pack, presuming it to be filled with other explosives.  These could be useful...

The black door passed by quickly as the smoke continued to waft in his hallway.  The troops were coming to and appeared through the smog.  Shazam let off a couple burst to keep them from getting ideas as he reached the second door on the left.  Really it was a double door and it had two seperate key card accessed, but using the security ID he'd obtained earlier, the red LED switched to the green and the doors seperated.  Just beyond his glorious escape from the RS barracks, his own craft and the security head quarters he'd found himself looking at the last thing he'd figured he'd see. 

"Senior Crewman Raigan- what're you doing here?"  Shazam lowered his blaster to his side and sat stunned as he got a good look at the damage the young man had caused.  Three bodies lay on the floor along with a blazing speeder.  Three other speeders occupied the room and two small freighters took up the center of the room.

"Kind of had a rough landing- yourself Commander Shazam?"  Raigen was at a station, probably getting in contact with the squadron above.

"Something similar..."  Shazam looked from Raigen to the freighters.  "I don't suppose you'd care to join me?"  Raigen gave him a look of slight disbelief, unsure of whether or not his commander was joking.

"In one of those things?  We'll be sitting ducks!  There aren't any cannons or shields on those!"  Raigen dared not ignore the commander despite mentioning the desperate option. 

"You have another plan?"

"Formulating one sir- once I get in contact with some help we should be able to get a safe ride out of here."

"Oh really?" Shazam rolled his left wrist and then took the blaster from his right hand to free it up so it could pick up the com link.  "Five- you still there?"

"You've gotta get out of there!  The shields are down and we've exited the zone- the Coruscant is going to fire!"  Shazam gave the comlink an amused look then shrugged to Raigen who appeared as if he would faint.

"Right- lets get goin- you wanna fly?  Of course you wanna fly..."

The freighter wasn't anymore than twice the length of a TIE fighter, probably used to carry equipment around the base.  Never the less, it was capable of flying and that would do just fine for now. 

"I don't suppose you could find a place to mount a gun and start shooting..." Shazam querried as he identified his ignition set and kicken on the drive unit.  The ship hummed to life as Raigen began to sort through Shazam's things. 

"You've got a blaster rifle here, sir.  I don't know if that'll do us any good...  And it looks like a hard drive or something- what did you need this for?"  Shazam drew himself from the controls momentarilly to see the rectangular device about the width of the helmets the usually used.

"Don't lose that..."  Shazam checked his straps before spinning the craft and kicking the thrusters to full.  "Use my comlink to get in touch with some people- it'll take to long to find the channel in this thing...  If it has a com unit..."  The controls were loose but didn't carry the ship far when he guided the nose up.  They rose steadilly despite the massive push from the back. 

"Some help!  Anyone!"  Raigen was glancing out the right of the viewport as some remnant fighters ended a circle and began to head their way. 

"You strapped in?" Shazam querried as he ran his fingers up the control panel  in the center of the ship.  Let's see if we can get goin any faster...  The commander clicked up on one of the switched and felt the ship rock slightly.  "What was that?"

Raigen was strapping in but he glanced back to see black figures floating away from the ship.  "I think we've been hit!  There's chunks comin off the back end!"

"And yet we're going faster- that was the storage unit.  I opened it up to lose some weight..."  Shazam didn't finish the sentence as burst of cannon fire sputtered past the upper left hand side of the viewport.  Shazam didn't actually know if the ship was capable of it, but he kicked the right pedal and felt the ship roll onto its side then finally invert and then come back to it's right-side up form. 

"Some barrel-roll!"  Shazam gave Raigen a look and he shut up.  "Anyone out there?"  The ship rocked once again, but this time the blac chunks were pieces of the decorative rims encasing the ship. 

"Now we've been hit..."  Shazam wasn't sure where he was going- just away from the base.  So the dark red skies with black tops looked totally open to him- we've gotta go somewhere...

"Look!  One of ours!"  Shazam glanced out his left-hand side of the viewport to get a glimse of two aggressors splitting, then reforming on the two X-wings following behind.  If they got a linked burst on the freighter it would be over. 

"Who is that?  They're Nazguls..."  Shazam muttered it but Raigen transferred it over the com.  Finally getting an answewr, Jen said-

"Whoa- thought we lost you guys there.  I sent three and four to assist, One.  Have you cleared the site?"  That's Art and Tyrrax...  They'll be able to handle it...  Then Shazam was struggling to keep control of the craft as a bright light encased the ship and crimson fire rained from the skies.  The ISD had fired.  Feeling the current in the wind pick up and the explosive burst of heat and energy coming from behind him, Shazam dared not look back.  He'd seen what it looked like when an ISD opened up on some base- they were known to devestate planets.  He couldn't imagine the damage that had just been incurred in three seconds...  The violent tumult continued for several more seconds as Shazam felt the controls become violent, randomely re-selecting directions and altering the course of the frigate.  The damage to the ship had ceased to exist though and Shazam could worry about a single problem now... 

"Wow..."  The cannons from the heavens ceased their fire and Raigen was staring out the side viewport.  "It looks like we lost most of 'em...  Wow..."  Shazam hefted teh controls up and down a couple times to see if the lateral controls or stabilizers were still working.  "Whoa- we've got a rogue one- still comin at us!"

"What?"  Why is he still after us?  Where's Art and Tyrrax?  "Crap...  Rear stabalizers are out- controls are sluggish...  What's our altitude?  I think the computer has had it...  The single burst from the remaining X-wing had brought Shazam to finally think "it's been fun- but now it's gotta come to an end."

"Take that you rotten basterd!" Art's voice roared over the com in a fashion Shazam had never heard before.  The man was normally so controlled, so quiet- this was an outburst of pure venom.  "You're clear, One."  Shazam couldn't see or tell what had been going on back there, but he was getting the impression that they'd had a missile on it's way and Art had saved the day.

"Wait- I only see one fighter..."  Raigen seemed confused.  Sorry you had to go like that Tyrrax, Shazam conceded, realizing the blast had killed a truly great pilot out of chance.  Shazam had said before that people died to easilly in the Navy, but then one would argue freak accidents happened everywhere.  Shazam didn't call these freak accidents though- they were just bad news. 

"There's a rendevous point about five miles ahead, One- proceed and we will debrief..."  Raigen gave Art a good amount of thanks as Shazam found the outpost a little ways up.  Still at a distance Raigen querried once again-

"So what is this?"  Shazam gave it a glance and sorted through his memory.  The small man outside the mainframe room...  Mainframe room?  How did he know that?  He'd memorized the map better than he'd thought.  But if he was in the mainframe room and that was a hard disk...

"Riches and glory..."

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited June 26, 2006 4:00:13 AM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:34:37 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 94  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >