Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  270
Total Posts:  367
  RE: Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate
June 5, 2006 9:11:53 PM    View the profile of Darius 
"You ready six?" Jen questioned, her hand trembled on the throttle and sweat ran down her face.  She quickly set the climate control cooler.

"Wait, five," Darius ordered.

"Hold on a second Dar," she interrupted in an angry, confused tone.  "His shields are and when do you start giving orders?"

Darius replied in his cool, regular emotionless tone, "he wants us to go get him."

"That's suicidal Darius, he's got no shields."

"But he's better than us."  Jen was about to argue, but Darius continued.  "Notice he's not at full throttle, and he is not heading to any charted landing field.  Let's not become fish seeking the bait."

"What do you suggest we do then?"

"Bring him to us."

"But you said he was better," she added, getting angrier.

"Not when he is coming to the rescue.  Look at your HUD and check the radar, there are three X's wandering around, searching for targets.  They're not blues either.  Let's get them."

"Whatever Darius, I guess you have more strategy experience under your belt anyway."

"Damn straight.  Stick to the old bait and bludgeon trick.  They're amatures."

"Who's gonna be the bait?" she asked next, obviously tired of her former role.

"I will," Darius said. 

The TIE accelerated hard and Darius was forced back into his acceleration chair, which easily cushioned the invisible force pushing him back.  Jen climbed higher into the atmosphere.  As the two Imperials advanced in their strategy, the Stick slowly paralleled himself to Jen, but did not try to intercept.

The three noob X's saw Darius and climbed onto his tail.  Jen dropped directly behind them as they pulled into firing range.  Before Jen could pull off her first shot, two of the X-wings exploded and the third pulled away.

"What the hell!?" Jen yelled into the com.

"You scared them Jen.  They panicked and threw their shields full onto their rear.  I gave them a nose job with my rear turret."

"Well I claim this last one Dar.  Thank you very much for the other two," she replied in a sarcastic, but playful tone.

"Play with him Jen.  Bring the Stick in a frenzy," Darius commanded again.  This was starting to get fun.  The young pilot tried to remember the last time he had this much fun, and remembered the night on Nar Shaddaa, when he and his wife went out to a nice dinner in the upper class district of the metropolis moon.  "This isn't as fun as that night, but it's not far behind," he muttered to himself.

He began scanning com frequencies, and sure enough, he found the enemy squadrons.  "Kate, help me!" screamed a young pilot.  "I don't want to die!"

"Coming," replied a female in a rigidly cold voice.  Darius looked at his HUD and noticed the orange dot he had representing the Stick began to turn on an intercept course of Jen.  A woman!, Darius thought to himself surprised.  He supressed many thoughts and kept his comments to himself.  Why is this so awkward, he thought to himself.  Have I grown soft because I married Layren?  He switched back to Nazguls frequency.

"Here she comes Jen, watch you back," Darius warned.

"She?" Jen queeried.

"Yeah."

Several other Nazguls that were veterans of Dubrillion burst out a couple comments about at least one of the Four Sticks being a woman.  On the water planet, Nazgul had encountered an elite flight that had been using modified Imperial TIE interceptors.  The TIE's had a crude and in-effective cloaking device on them.  Nazgul destroyed them almost with ease, and several, including Art, Shazam, and Darius had become suspicious of whether or not they had really killed them. 

Jen became very defensive on the remarks of the female Stick.  "You don't think I can fly well because I'm a woman?" 

Before anyone could reply, Darius and Art burst in the conversation.

"Do not answer that, it is a loaded question!" Art said first.

"Yes, we can discuss this topic later, after the mission is over," Darius said, then took in a deep breath and held it.  There was a long moment silence, then Jen spoke calmly.

"I'll prove myself then," she said.  Darius let out his breath and breathed regularly again.  Jen broke of the tail of the X and flew straight at the Stick. 

Darius cursed to himself and was about to pursue, but didn't want to make any mistakes.  He lined up the the noob X and shot one of its four stabilizers.  The X-wing spun and careened into the forest below.

"Jen, be careful!" Darius said, his tone turning into a serious, stern one.  In a fit of rage, the two fighters clashed in a fierce dogfight.  Darius carefully watched from the sidelines, not being able to find a spot to jump in.  Then it happened, Jen's shields collapsed, but small explosions errupted all of the X-wing.  A small person launched out of the cockpit of the X-wing as it fell back to the planet.

Darius quickly switched over to the army's com frequency.  "This is Nazgul six.  We have an EV coming down to the surface.  I suggest a small detactment of speederbikes intercept.  She'd be a nice POW if we can beat her allies to her landing sight."

"This is Lieutenant Hal Valaren.  Your request has been granted.  I'm sending a detachment of speederbikes to her estimated landing sight now."

"Thank you Lieutenant, Nazgul six out."

He switched back to the com frequency and was welcomed by silence.  "Good flying Jen, now be careful until your shields recharge."

"Copy that Darius," she said in a tone of satisfaction.

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
-----------------------
FM/MCPO Darius Pursius/Nazgul 2-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B] [CB*] [CBV]
Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  51
Total Posts:  292
June 5, 2006 10:17:58 PM    View the profile of Krius 
I-I can't believe I'm already out here, everything happened so fast. It had just been two days ago, when Krius was still in the Academy. He didn't feel like he was ready yet, that everything was coming to fast, way to fast.

"Krius you there? Helloooo, hey are you ok?" Atricks voice steadily grew louder, bringing Krius back from his thoughts.

"Yea, I'm ok, just a bit nervous if you know what I mean" Krius let out a weak smile, trying to hold back his true emotions.

It was weird, Krius expected himself to be as cocky and arrogant as he always was, but not today. It was a strange feeling, he felt Angry, scared, and excited. But he knew that when he got out there, he wouldn't have to worry anymore, the only thing he would be focused on would be the mission, and the thrill of flying. Krius had remembered the first time he flew a tie, it had been only just four days ago. The loud roar of the engines gave him comfort, made him feel powerful, and when he took off, nothing else in the world mattered to him.

"I think you should go get some rest man, you don't look so good."

"Yea, I think your right. I'll cya later then." Krius slapped hands with his closest friend so far in the Navy, and walked off to his room.

As soon as Krius got in his room, he jumped on the bed to take a rest, but to his dismay a voice crackled over the intercom saying that him and Atrick need to report to the Briefing room. Well, look like its time.

When Krius got there, a guard that wouldn't let him in until Atrick got there stopped him. After about five minutes, Atrick arrived and the guard let them in. The room was dimly lit, giving it a kind of ominous look. There were a couple of rows of chairs, and in the center of the room was a podium. There was a man standing behind the podium, he was taller then Krius and had black brushed back hair. His eyes were kind of a steel blue color, and in a way made him seem intimidating.

Atrick and Krius just stood there wondering what to do next, when the man, out of nowhere gave them a huge smile.

"What are you two just standing there for? Go have a seat." He had a smooth but ruff voice; making him seem like one of those nice guys whose bad side you don't want to get on.

"Well, incense both of you are new here let me introduce myself. I am Chief Warrant Officer Willtconq. I am Kaph's Squadron commander, and you are my newest recruit!" He said while pointing at Krius. Hearing that Krius shot up from his chair with Atrick following and introduced himself.

"I am Leading Crewman Krius Chase, reporting for duty sir!" Krius held his breath waiting for his SL's next order.

"At ease son, at ease. Don't worry man, no need to be all-uptight, I don't know if you've checked our squadron motto yet, but enough of the chitchat! Lets start the meeting."

Krius and Atrick both looked at each other in shock both thinking the same thing, that this guy was awesome.

"Now, I'm pretty sure both of you know that Kaph, Nazgul, and Aegis squadron are all down there doing there best to complete the mission.  So right now our main objective is to get down there and meet up with our squads. Atrick you'll go meet up with Nazgul who currently is taking out all ground forces. Krius, you and I will meet up with Kaph and our objective will be to destroy all air forces and maintain Air and Space superiority. On the way down, expect to meet enemy air craft, but we will not engage them, they will probably out number us and they will be way more experienced then both of you. So, I want both of you to meet me in the hangar bay in fifteen minutes. You are dismissed."

Krius and Atrick left the room after having a few words with Will, and discovered that he was a cool and funny guy, he was like Desus except better.
Now with his usual cocky attitude back, Krius was ready to go and was eager to get into combat.This is gonna be fun

-----------------------
FM/ LCR Krius/ Kaph 8/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 6, 2006 12:08:40 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 6, 2006 12:49:27 AM)]
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] VET Web Designer

Post Number:  3166
Total Posts:  4599
June 6, 2006 2:10:13 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Sitting back, Will thought over what had just happened. I got shot. I got shot. I wasted a perfectly good fighter. I lowered my sqaudron's morality. I let them down. All because i made a stupid mistake that not even a fresh recruit would make. I got shot by an anti-air. Climbing out of the thing, Will when to take a break. Rubbing his eyes, he realized how tired he was from fighting inside a "simulator". Continuously splashing water on his face once he was in the refresher, he finally calmed down. No, I have to go back. Even thought I let them down, I can't keep them down. That is part of my job as their leader. I will take my revenge.

That last thought was enough to get anyone going, including Will. Blood was now pumping through him at a fast rate. Going to the closet, he stripped out of the special suit, and climbed into his special ordered Kaph flight suit, with the red and gray Kaph insignia on the arms and on the sides of the helmet. Holding the helmet under the arm, he prepared to leave. But before he did, he grabbed an energy drink from the cooler with lots of caffeine. I'm gonna need this.

Stepping out, he noted how his guards still stood at on the two sides of the door. "Same orders. Only this time, no one gets in until I come back."

"Roger." The two magna guards replied in a flat computerized tone.

On the way, Will considered his options. Getting into his Hawkbat won't be much of a problem compared to the other. which is getting out of the hanger safely without being shot by friendly fire after being marked as a rogue. Technically, he's supposed to be dead. Turning a corner in the corridor, Will bumped into an officer who seemed to be in a hurry. quickly straightening up, Will saluted crisply with a "Sorry, Sir." then proceeded to continue his course to the hanger.

"Hang on a sec." The officer, evidently a Lieutenant Commander according to the bars on his shoulders. "Warrant Officer Willtconq, may I have a word with you please." the Lieutenant sounded in a voice as if the man was talking to little kid in first grade.

Will stopped in his tracks as the thoughts ran through his head one more time, then turned around and walked back to the officer. "Yes Sir. I'm all yours."

"Good, now would you please follow me to my office." Without another word, the lieutenant turned on his heels and walked away, expecting Will to follow the order. Will hesitated for a second before deciding that the best course of action right now, would be to do what he is told. If not, he may never see his squadron again.

Once the door to the office closed behind those two, the lieutenant dropped a folder on the table and took his seat. Will stood at attention until he was told to take a seat as well. The lieutenant looked through some of the files in the folder, then looked up. "I was ordered by my higher up to have this meeting with you. But I was also told, that this meeting never happened. You know what that means?"

"Yes Sir, it means that this is concerning top secrets."

"Right, and that is why my name and call sign will not be provided to you, aside from what you can already tell. But I know you're thinking that if this is top secret, how can you trust me? How do you know that I'm not a spy? Well, here's your proof." As he said it, the lieutenant slid over a datapad, "That has all the necessary proof. However, if you really need to, you may call up Captain Falensarano. He will clear my status."

"Excuse me." With out hesitating, Will took out his com link and called up the bridge. The communications officer answered, then put him through to Falensarano.

"Yes, that is correct. I sent a lieutenant for you. But I can't tell you his name. How ever, I can tell you that he has two large scars on his neck." Falensarano ended the call immediately afterward.

Putting the com away, Will looked up, the lieutenant was tilting his head the opposite way from the side of the scars, indeed, there were two long scars running the length of the man's neck.

"Thank you Sir."

"Now Will, may I call you Will?"

"Yes."

"Tell me. Are you a ghost?"

"No Sir."

"Then how did you die on the planet, then show up here?"

"Sir, due to the contract I signed with my personal provider, a very trustworthy friend, I am not at liberty to discuss the technologies that was used. However I can tell you that I never left this ship today, I was flying that Hawkbat by remote control. This technology is very dangerous, and must not be used lightly. And that is why I have kept it a secret since I've had it."

"Hmm. It says here that you received a shipment of a modified Hawkbat and a number of large crates over a year ago. Are these it?"

"Yes Sir. Sir, you must trust me. Please do not look into this any more than you have to. It is a risk not worth taking."

"In that case, I will not pursue the subjects of how you got it or what it is, for now. On the other hand, because you were flying the ship from a remote location, your ship was destroyed. How do you explain that?"

"It was a personal mistake Sir. It won't happen again."

"Again? Wat makes you think that after what just happened we'd put you back in command of that squadron? You wasted a perfectly good fighter."

"Sir, my squadr--, my friends are down there. All I want right now, is do what I can make up for the loss and get back out there. They will need me."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Sir, what can do to make up for the loss of the ship? I will pay whatever the cost of the ship, and then some."

"'And then some'? Are you trying to bribe me?! That is just disgraceful."

"No, Sir. My family is wealthy, but I just want to get back out there."

Just then, the lieutenant's com beeped, he walked into a second room and shut the door. After about ten minutes, he came back out. "This just came in. Two new recruits, fresh out of the Academy, have been placed in Kaph and Nazgul. I will cut you a deal. You will pay for the Hawkbat that was lost. You will also take them down to the rest of Phoenix, unharmed, in you own hawkbat. I understand that the fact that they will be in Interceptors will slow you down, and they they might cause you troubles, but it's either this or nothing at all." The lieutenant waited for the lines in to sink in before continuing. "Do we have a deal?"

They will slow me down. But they would also mean that they will be my wingman for the time being. But I just want to get back there. Whatever it takes is a good idea. "I'll take it."

"Good, I see that you are already dressed. The two recruits will be called to briefing room 2 in ten minutes. You take off in half an hour. Dismissed."

"Yes Sir!" With a salute, Will turned on his heels and walked out.

Upon reaching the briefing room, Will took out his datapad and cleared himself for entrance. exactly ten minutes afterward, the door slid open again, and two young man stepped in. Both were dressed in their flight suits. One looked to be around five and half feet tall, messy, straight, blonde hair, typical teenaged lady's man. The other was taller, around six feet, probably a couple years older, bright blonde. When they came in front of him, they stood at attention like they were taught in the Academy.

"What are you two just standing there for? Go have a seat." Will wanted to make them comfortable. going into battle with tension and doubt won't be a good thing. So he went ahead and introduced himself, "Well, incense both of you are new here let me introduce myself. I am Chief Warrant Officer Willtconq. I am Kaph's Squadron Commander, and you are my newest recruit." With that Will went to and gave a brief description of the battle so far. After that, he gave them their orders. "Now, I'm pretty sure both of you know that Kaph, Nazgul, and Aegis squadrons are all down there doing their best to complete the mission. So right now our main objective is to get down there and meet up with our squadrons. Atrick you'll go meet up with Nazgul who currently is taking out all ground forces. Krius, you and I will meet up with Kaph and our objective will be to maintain air superiority. On the way down, expect to meet enemy air craft, but we will not engage them unless we have to, they will probably out number us and they will be more experienced then both of you, But that is why we will be working as a group. I want both of you to meet me in the hangar bay in fifteen minutes. You are dismissed."

After they left. Will went back out, went to the hanger to prepare his Hawkbat. It was still as good as new. Climbing in, Will found himself once again in the ball cockpit of a Tie for the second time today. It felt refreshing. This is gonna be it. It's all or nothing.
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited June 6, 2006 1:17:06 PM)]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  349
June 6, 2006 2:30:53 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Leveling off the fighter Cyleaf began to do a quick status scan of his Hawkbat. He was getting pretty shaken up; he was not long out of the protective shell the Academy provided and directing in the heat of battle.

The Zabrak shuttered, a cold chill seeping up his spine, How many times have I been close to death already? Three maybe four, I have been adding some contributions but mostly have had bad luck. Or maybe I am not as good of a pilot as I thought or everyone expects out of me. The Zabrak's thoughts returned to him as the computer sounded with the information he sought.

The Hawkbat had fared somewhat well, Cy had been on top of his game at least routing shields, diverting power and other quick decisions, but according to the readout grazing the treetops had taken out his missile locking capacity, he swore to himself. The shields were at 100% front and 75% rear, and though somewhat taxed had shown minimal wear from the constant recharging, his Hawkbat maxed sub light at 100 due to the increased power to his weapons that were now dual linked. He had spent three missiles, half of his payload which left him with three.

Luck had definitely played a big role; he should have been worse off. Looking towards his radar it seemed o go fuzzy and than clear up, most likely do to his close encounter of the tree kind. His jaw went agape, the normal amount of blue dots, though it seemed to be outnumbered drastically by red blips. Cy shook his head, was this fatigue playing a cruel joke on him or for real. The Squad was already down two excellent pilots, Dodger and it's leader Willtconq, both weighed heavily on him.Why was he a rookie pilot still alive when more experienced ones were the ones going down?His thoughts were playing heavily on him.

Alarms went off again, all too familiar by this point in the battle. If only he could reach his temples to rub them, he was getting a splitting headache. "I got missile lock on me again!" Cyleaf failed to hide the annoyance in his voice. "Hang on there, help is on the way." came one of his squad mates, though he was too frantic to pick up the voice this time.

Up dead ahead of the weary pilot was a blue ring x-wing heading straight towards him. As if a light bulb appeared over his sleek black helmet Cy suddenly got an idea, he put his engines to full sub light and felt himself suck back into his chair. Reaching up to the computer and plugging in commands he directed his fighter towards the target gaining speed as the missile got closer. Firing bursts of laser towards the x-wing seemed futile as they were absorbed by the shields, upon which Cyleaf's fighter rocked slightly, the shields holding.

All right you bastard wait till you see this. Closing the distance fast the blue ring did not take evasive maneuvers knowing that the Hawkbats shields were dropping fast. Reaching for the missile release button and counting down precious seconds, "Ok I got a plan; I don't need assistance and watch out for the debris." "Ok three, disengaging now good luck" replied Demonic.3,2,1 Cyleaf released his missile with out a lock, hoping that the luck he had been receiving would still be with him.

They didn't realize something was amiss until he saw the Hawkbat pull up. His shields collapsed as an explosion rocked his ship and the second missile hurtling towards him was what he would take to his grave.

Looking through his canopy as he inverted finishing the Immelman Cyleaf saw the second explosion disintegrate the fight as it hit the fuel cells. "Wahoo, it worked, I can't believe it worked." "Nice move kid, very lucky there." came Demonic's voice, "Also easy on the celebration we're still at war here genius," that was Than Sion. "Sorry just letting out a little frustration, I am getting very exhausted, not used to this much atmospheric flying" Cy responded as he mentally wiped his brow.

Will I hope that would have made you smile, converting all shields to front, taking power from my weapons and routing to both shields and engines, you would have approved right? Cyleaf reassured himself thinking of what he had just done. He reconfigured the computer to set his specs back to normal except for 10% from the engines to weapons.

"Ok flight leader my status is as follows 50% rear shields 50% front, 2 missiles left but without locking capabilities. Feeling very fatigued." "Roger that 3, we are all feeling this, just keep up the hard work that's an order!" replied Demonic. Cyleaf nodded and than thought about his companion in the Academy Zharyn.

I wonder how that son of a gun is doing in Aegis, hopefully faring better than I am, when we get back I'll have to buy him a drink Thought Cyleaf as he quickly scanned the area.

-----------------------
FM/SCR/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

Post Number:  54
June 6, 2006 3:18:41 PM    View the profile of Krius 
Krius looked up at himself in the shiny mirror. He looked different, something had changed, maybe it was the small beard that was growing, or maybe it was just because the tension that was building inside of him. After taking a good look at himself in the mirror, thinking this could be the last time he saw himself, he finally picked up his duffle bag and the family picture of him, his mom and his uncle and left.It was like a good luck charm and it made him happy.

When Krius walked out of the door, Atrick was standing there. He looked exactly how Krius looked when they were in the Mess hall.

"Hehehe, you don't look so good, you look like you could use a good nap." Krius laughed while he said this, being the same thing that Atrick had said to him in the Mess hall.

"Awww shut up man, I'm not in the mood for this right now."

After five minutes, of exchanging words, and talking about whether they would make it out alive, the two finally arrived. The hangar bay was huge, but empty. There were a couple of ships being repaired by droids and such, and above them, they could see the TIE's hanging off the hooks. Seeing only three, Krius guessed that one of those were his. Two of them were Interceptors, and the other one was a Hawkbat. He didn't know to much about the Hawkbat, but he thought it looked cool. Then someone popped out of the top hatch.

"All right, I want you two to come up here and start preparing for lift off, we'll be out of here in five minutes, so hurry up."

The two new recruits ran over to the lift that would take them up to their ships. Atrick got off first, his TIE being on the right side of Will and Krius's was on the left. Before getting off the lift, Krius made a quick scan on the outside making sure the Interceptor had no defects.

Once inside he began running the normal routine checkup. The sound of beeps, and the clicking of buttons were heard as Krius checked everything. So far so good Krius thought to himself when the check up sequence was over. Krius then closed the top hatch and made sure it was locked. After buckling up his seat belts, Krius radioed into Command.

"This is Kaph 8 to command, all systems are good to go."

"Roger that Kaph 8, get ready for lift off in five minutes, and for now just sit back and relax."

"All right sir, Kaph 8 over and out."

Shit I forgot Krius quickly pulled out his family picture and taped it to the closed hatch of the TIE, after staring at it for a while, he took his helmet and put it on. It was game time now, no worries, no regrets, just what lied up ahead. Krius stared through the view port of the TIE looking at the vast expanse of space. In a matter of minutes, Krius would be out there, doing what he dreamed of, and fighting for his uncle.

I'm gonna blow all of them out of the sky, they won't know what hit them Krius let out a grin, the thought of blowing Rebel pilots out of the sky amused him.

"This is command to all fighters, prepare for takeoff, and may the force be with you."

Krius qucikly activated his Repulsors when the two hooks had let go of his ship, and carefully steered his TIE out of the Star Destroyer, once out, he activated his thrusters.
Well, this is it... its game time baby.

-----------------------
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 6, 2006 7:16:17 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 7, 2006 11:33:17 AM)]
Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

Post Number:  47
Total Posts:  380
June 6, 2006 5:38:50 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
As Atrick walked into the hanger he saw three ships docked. Two were Interceptors, and the other was a Hawkbat. Two laser cannons and 2 general purpose launchers, which look like they have concussion missles. Wow, how'd I remember that? Atrick wondered thinking back to his schooling days back on Naboo. He couldn't believe that had been so long ago...

"This is Command reporting to Nazgul 11. Are all systems clear?" The question brought Atrick back from his trip to memory lane. "Oh crap, the systems check!" Atrick said aloud and quickly pressed the required buttons to run a check. The system beeped a few times, then turned green. "All systems go Command. Nazgul 11 is go for launch." He couldn't believe that after almost a month in the academy, he didn't remember the first rule of flying. Always check your craft. "Affirmative Nazgul 11, stand by for launch."

Atrick was twiddling his thumbs when the signal to launch came over the line. "Fighters prepare to launch and may the force be with you."

Atrick looked out of the cockpit at the other fighters to his left, but couldn't see past Willtconq's Hawkbat to Krius. He turned on his ion engines, hearing them roar as they warmed up for his first mission. I hope I can survive this to see another day. He thought as he heard the other two fighters clamps release. The Tractor Beam then held onto the puny TIE Interceptor and brought it to space, where it released him and his companions on their way to the planet.

Outside, Atrick could clearly see the planet, but there were no signs of the intense battle below, blocked by the thick atmosphere of the planet. But in space that was another story. The two capital ships were attacking each other with all they had and bombers were blowing up the enemies shields. Fighters flew everywhere and Atrick was surprised he had not been blown out of his ship yet. Suddenly, Atrick had the urge to throw up, but not from the ship or flying. From fear.

"Atrick, you still with us?" Krius said loudly over the intercom. We're not even used to the intercom and we're flying into battle. Thought Atrick.

"Yeah, I here, but I'm just thinking about this mission, that's all." He replied in a monotone.

"Don't worry, we got your back bud." His friend told him and Willtconq heartily agreed.

"Alright guys, lets hit top speed and head for that planet. You guys remember the mission. Atrick you go hook up with Nazgul and bomb those bunkers. Krius you're coming with me to help with the air battle. Understood?" Willtconq said over their closed channel. Atrick responded with a quick "Yes sir" and accelerated to top speed. He could hear the engines roar and quickly took a peek at Will and Krius in their ships. Will looked like he was trying to stay with them but was also trying to be at the planet. Mayber we're holding him back. Thought Atrick25 as he noticed that Krius was also going the top speed of the Interceptor he was flying.

"We're entering their radar systems.....now." Said Will calmly as they grew closer to the planet. "We're still out of harms way here but be on guard. You never know when they might surprise you."

Well, it's show time. Thought Atrick as the planet grew steadily larger in his cockpit window.
-----------------------
FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-11/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Artrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Atrick25 (edited June 6, 2006 5:54:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrick25 (edited June 6, 2006 9:55:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrick25 (edited June 6, 2006 10:27:25 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  64
Total Posts:  760
June 6, 2006 8:24:04 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than Sion pulled away from the bulk of the combat.  It made him feel guilty to leave the "front line," but he reminded him self that he would be no good to Kaph dead.  My shields are low and they got dodger in better conditions than this.  Almost on cue, Demonic's voice came over the comlink:

"Will! Look out!"

One missile hit Willtconq and then another went off near by.  Sion's heart skipped a beat when he witnessed Will's Hawkbat explode.  The impossible had just happened, Will was dead!  He was without words.

"Kaph 1!" Demonic said in a distressed tone. "Kaph 1, respond. Dammit, respond! WILL!"  He yelled "Will" in a terrifying voice.  "Kaph... This is Kaph 5. Kaph leader is down," he said this in a sober voice.

Finally Sion responded "Nooooooo."  He didn't stand out from the rest of the squadron's cries of remorse; Will was highly respected by all that flew with him, under him, and above him.

It was right after he got back from Kazaar.  He had not returned alone.  Along with him was another man that went by the name Ultimate Shadow.  They had met up in an engagement between New Republic operatives.  Sion had asked him to come back with him.

They split off from the landing pad, Ultimate Shadow to recruiting, Than Sion to the academy building.  He respectively knocked on Sk8guy's door.  After Sion saluted he was signaled to take a seat.

"Well, it had been decided that you are to join Kaph Squadron.  I would have liked for you to meet with Kaph's commander, but he is busy," said Sk8guy.  Instead, I will have you speak with his executive, Willtconq."

"Yes sir!" replied Sion.

"I am glad that you are enthusiastic considering what you went through on you visit to your home planet."

He gave directions to find Willtconq and Sion left the room.  After a short walk through Head Quarters he came to a new door.  He knocked and was told to enter.  Than Sion walked in proceed to salute when Will shook his head against it:

"There will be no need for that, you will find that I am not much of a sucker for procedure," Will smiled after saying this.  "Please take a seat before I brief you on the details of Kaph."

Will had taken the place of Denthor as squadron commander since then.  Sion had respect for the man since the day he met him.  Sion's mind returned to the present. 

"I'm going to take command for now. Everyone, lets follow his last orders and group up. We don't want to get picked off," Demonic said.

The sadness left him and was replaced by a much stronger emotion, rage.  He would help avenge Will's death, that he swore.

"Alright guys, lets give these bastards hell." Kal said. "Increase speed to maximum, let's break away."

Than Sion followed the order and broke off with the rest, the Xs followed.
"Okay, when I give the order, make a sharp turn back in their direction, focus most of your shields to the front, and open fire manually on those fighters." They continued flying until a few moments later.  "Now!"

Sion pulled the Hawkbat completely around, firing at the X-Wings.  The group of Xs took heavy casualties and sustained damage.

"Great work everyone, set your shields back to normal and prepare to meet them as they come around again," said Demonic.

The squadron continued in engaging the enemy, being sure to stay together so they were not picked off.  The officer on the Star Destroyer Coruscant called over the wing channel:

"You will be receiving three reinforcements, one to Nazgul and two to Kaph."

(OCC:  Just so there is no conflict with the new recruits, Sk8guy was the training officer before Shazam.)   

-----------------------
FM/PO1 Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)
Paintball is the only sport that you get to shoot somebody in.
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited June 8, 2006 7:21:03 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  220
Total Posts:  860
June 7, 2006 10:51:52 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor snap-rolled left and upward. He`d been locked onto and now had a missile hot on his tail, and he was having difficulty avoiding it. He dived towards the trees and then cut across towards some talled branches, hoping that he could hop over them and drop on the other side, praying that the missile would just stay on its path and catch a branch or something.

No such luck. The missile followed his path perfectly. As he made his way away from the trees, he was met with an X-wing that cut across his path. Trevor pulled up hard to avoid the X-wing, and doing so slowed himself down. The missile caugh up to him and detnonated on his shields, destroying them and ripping up the back end of his fighter.

"One, this is Nine! I lost my back end. No engines, I`m going down!" He called over the comm as he spiraled straight up in the air. The TIE flipped itself around as it started to fall, and he tried to glide himself in smoothly, but that didn`t happen. The fighter ripped through trees, slowing itself as it went. One branch shattered the front viewport, spraying glass at Trevor. Ahead of him, he could see a cradle-like formation of branches.

"This is going to hurt...." He said alloud, right before his fighter hit the cradle. His harness snapped, and he hit his head on one of the posts that held the viewport together. His lifeless body hit the ground lightly in a pile of leaves, but he was out cold, for a few minutes anyways.

"Nazgul One! This is 10!" Gunnay cried over the comm. "Nazgul 9 went down in the trees. I havn`t seen any explosion though, so He might be alright."

"Alright Gunnay, We`ll send some of our ground boys to look for him." Shazam replied.

*** About a minute later. ***

Trevor woke up and reached to rub his throbbing head. He found that he could touch his head even though he shouldn`t be able to. Pulling his helmet off, he found that he had cracked the helmet when he hit the bar, and it had fallen apart, revealing a large open area.

"Oh...That hurt....ugh..." He said as he rubbed his head and dug in one of his suit pockets for painkillers. Finding some, he popped a few into his mouth and looked around. He reached out for his comm a few feet from him and rapped his hand around it. Just before he could pull it towards him, a black boot stomped down on his arm.

"I don`t think so flyboy." Came a gruff voice from above. Trevor looked up to find himself staring down the barrel of a blaster pistol. Allowing his eyes to wander up the black sleeved arm and onto the face of the large man who was putting a fair bit of weight onto his arm, he put his other hand up.

"Alright, no tricks. I give up!" Trevor said, and the man promptly let off Trevor`s hand. Trevor stood up slowly, not releasing the comm, and moved infront of the man. The man poked him in the back with the pistol and moved him foreward, which Trevor did reluctantly.

After about 15 steps, Trevor spun around and hit the man hard in the face with the fistthat had the comm in it. He had expected the man to shoot, so as he turned he pushed the mans arm away from him, so the shot would go towards the ground.

His attempting captor hit the ground and Trevor was quick to use this to draw his own sidearm, which the man hadn`t confiscated yet.

"Alright bitch. No funny shit. Drop it." Trevor said cooly, as if he had done it before. He had of course, but most of the time it was with buddies and they were just playing around. Few times had he done this where it was a life and death situation.

The man was about to drop his weapon when Trevor heard the cocking of one more weapon. Trevor lowered his arm slowly and turned. When he saw it was another black clad man, he dropped his gun and put his hands up.

"Alright, no funny stuff. For real this time." He said, grinning weakly and offering a hand to the man he had hit. The man, insted of reaching out for Trevor`s hand, struck out sharply with his foot, catching Trevor in the groin. He fell to the ground in a heap, groaning about the pain and then getting hauled ot his feet. The men half dragged half carried him back to a black speeder and tosse dhim in the back. He was greeted friendily.

"I see they got you too eh?" Jaden said to Trevor, grinning in spite of himself, considering the situation they were in.

Taking a deep breath, Trevor replied slowly, "Yup...Right in the well...You know...it hurts..."

"Yeah, I bet. You got a pretty nasty cut on your head to. Did you hit every tree on the way down?" Jaden asked, pointing to Trevor`s head. Between when Trevor had taken off his helmet and gotten to the speeder blood had started to slide down the side of his head. It looked worse then it was, but it would get pretty bad if it didn`t slow soon.

"Damn near..." Trevor replied, reaching up and removing his hand when he felt blood. He reached down to wipe his hand on the leg of his flight suit, but stopped himself. One of the men turned and looked back at Trevor, and looking him in the eyes, Trevor wiped his hand on the seat of the speeder, smearing blood up the side.

"You know buddy, if you didn`t look like death right now, I`d bust your nose." The man told him, tossing him a towel for his head.

"And if you didn`t look like shit already, I`d fight back." Trevor replied calmly, provoking a supressed laugh from Jaden and a grin from the pilot of the speeder.

"Hey! Shut up Jay!" The first man told the pilot, who was now laughing lightly at his friend.

"No, you shut up Greg. Its true." Jay went on, and then flipped through some pre-set stations on the radio. "Bah! There`s nothing..."

"Here, put in this disc." Greg said, turning around and facing foreward, handing Jay a storage disc, presumably with music on it. As soon as it was inserted in the sterio, loud rock music started blaring through the speakers.

"Hey Trevor, you got a comm or anything?" Jaden asked bluntly, whispering over the music, just loud enough for Trevor to hear him. From the sound of Jaden`s voice, he wasn`t expecting alot.

"Yeah actually...They never took it." Trevor replied, opening the palm of his hand to Jaden, so hecould see the small comm unit in it.

"Good, we can use it to let the others know stuff about the base once we get inside. Might as well help before they kill us..." Jaden said, trailing off. Trevor wasn`t sure wether or not he was kidding, but something made him think that even if he was kidding, it probably wouldn`t be anything short of what these people would do. Esspecialy if they found out that they were still helping their squadron-mates, even if they were captives.

Depressing the switch on the comm unit, Trevor said loudly, while keeping it hidden, "Yeah Jaden. I guess I shoulda let Nazgul One know I made it out alive before they caught me.". When he finished, he lowered the incoming-message volume to almost nothing, and handed Jaden one of the wireless headphones. They were very small, about the size of a corn kernal. Trevor stuck one in his ear and covered it with some of his hair, and Jaden stuck the other in his ear. Turning the volume back up slightly, they heard Shazam`s reply.

"Good to hear that 9. If you`re captured, Lay low. We don`t want you two to get killed trying to help us." He said, and then the comm chanel went dead. Jaden gave Trevor a thumbs up, which Trevor returned, and then he looked out the window, resting his chin on his hand.

-----------------------
FL/CPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  898
Total Posts:  1963
June 8, 2006 11:13:53 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden whipped the hair over to the side of his face as Trevor came back into view.  The two black clad men had brought the fighter into a clearing, and Jaden could see an outpost a few kilometers away.  He nudged Trevor with his foot, attempting to get his attention.  The music was now louder than ever on the radio station as the clad men were "Rocking out" as they said.

"Trev," Jaden said quietly, "Outpost not too far off"

Trevor moved a little, getting into a position so that he could see what was up ahead.  He seemed to be in a better mood than Jaden.  Trevor motioned as he turned the com  back on and Jaden listened through the small earphones for any voices of his squadron mates.

"This is Nazgul one, two and nine are down, I repeat, we have information that they are on the ground, not sure if they are alive or dead at the moment though.  Proceed with your orders as you were" said Shazam.  Jaden motioned to Trevor once more and started whispering again.

"Shazam knows we are on the ground, nice job.  He kept it under wraps though, so I think we'll be fine if we get into any bigger trouble,"  said Jaden

Trevor motioned with another thumbs up, then moved his eyes towards something under the seat.  Jaden felt some sort of relief as he saw what was under the seat; two E-11 blaster rifles.  Trevor motioned quickly, and Jaden knew what to do.  Once rifle found its way into Trevors arm, and the other tossed into the air into Jaden's.  Both rifles were put at the soldier heads, and the triggers pulled.  Jaden pulled the throttle down to a stop, and the speeder slowed down.  Trevor must have been thinking the same thing as Jaden as  they started exchanging their clothes with the ones of the soldiers.

Now, Jaden was sitting in the speeders driver seat, with Trevor sitting in the co-pilot seat.  The two bodies were sitting in the back, limp, in the imperial pilot suits.  Jaden picked up the com link.

"This is Scout Greg and Jay, we have eliminated the pilots after they attempted to take the speeder from us.  All sytems are go," said Jaden, grining and pointed towards the RS insignia on Trevors upper shoulder.

"Alright scouts, bring it in," said a voice, "See you in a few"

Trevor took the com and changed it over to the Nazgul frequency, letting Jaden make the call.

"This is Nazgul two, reporting in with Nazgul 9, we are A ok, and are making our way towards a hanger to attempt to get back into the air.  Report will be sent upon a need to know basis, sending co-ordinants now," said Jaden

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
FM/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Nazgul 1-2 (Nazgul 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2424
Total Posts:  4197
June 8, 2006 1:04:03 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam lifted an eyebrow at the sound of Jystem Pry's solo from 'Aftermath...'  Didn't know we had metal, elevator music...  The solo blared for only a moment, and then he recognized Jaden and Trevor's feeble attempt.  Captured, eh?  Well crap.  There goes two more good pilots...  Best keep 'em alive, I suppose...  He managed to keep from saying "Don't do anything stupid" but got the same message across, or so he felt. 

Aegis had begun to work well, despite lowering numbers of escorts, they'd taken out three of the bunkers and were working on thier last while Nazgul and Kaph worked on the remaining Blue-ringed X-wings as well as the normals.  Shazam had been seeing more and more ground troops actually, which worried him slightly, but nothing the ground forces couldn't handle already.  On either side of the two groups loomed two mountains known as the Right and Left Rystos; Shazam thought they looked more like massive hills, but upon closer inspection, especially after the last stunt, he'd noted the jagged clifts, steep drop offs into black clefts and he thought he may have even seen a geyser or two.  Set between was the house-wide road Shazam simply thought of as 'the road.'  He was half-expecting command to give it a cool name as well, but got none...  Beyond all of this was the real prize though- the command base could actually be seen in the evening haze- it was at least a mile long and an almost perfect circle.  Equistant from eachother were five decks, each with a long lane connected to it, leading out to the nearest ring of security from the circular base.  The base was far more secure than they'd expected...

"The blue-tipped X-wings are pulling out!" An unknown voice from Kaph said.  Shazam took this opportunity to spin his wrist and scratch some of the area's that'd needed itching since the beginning of the mission.  Pulling out?  They can't be giving up!  There was bound to be more fighters within the actual base, so giving up your best pilots at a time like this?  It seemed strange.

"Focus on that final barracks and get it out of the way so we can start blasting that front gate!  And do we have anything on that shield generator?  The inner most ring is going to suck if we don't get that thing down."  Shazam ordered it for lack of anything else to do- there were few enemies now, seemingly less jobs for the three squadrons.  Were they getting it easy?  Something was going on...

***Veradai City- Ten minutes earlier***

"So now what?  We wait?"  Meye was relentless.  Alt glanced right to take a good look at his hostage for the day.  The two of them weren't actually that far off in projected age- Alt only supposedly seven years older.  He hadn't really thought this way before though...  Or had he?  There were some things he honestly did not like about being a clone and others that he did.  His one pet peeve was being the servent- like he would only be this way for the rest of his life.  There was a way that people treated you when they knew you were a clone, even an un-altered one- like you were dirty somehow.  Most of his comrades weren't much to talk to because they didn't seem to have lives outside of what they were assigned to do, but Alt couldn't blame them because he was in a similar boat.  However, since being made head of Meye's security, he'd been allowed to live outside of the barrack's twisted metal and same training day in and day out.  Where other clones studied how to disarm someone in a new location, Alt was being taken to big cities with lavish suites in fancy hotels that Meye was given for almost nothing.  He saw art, music, movies and in some rare cases, what he was beginning to think was 'love' on the streets of metropolitan cities and homes in rural areas alike.  He was alowed to try things no other clone was granted the opportunities to engage in- and he loved it.  So he looked the young woman up and down, rather unconventionally even he had to admit.  She had her hair down, which was a dark brown with some highlights that made her face glow slightly in the dim lamp-light of the basement.  Her face had the sharp profile of a senator and yet the soft ambience of a royal highness.  Alt wasn't entirelly sure what was coming over him...

"I suppose we'll just have to wait until we get a call from your father..."  The two of them were sitting on the ground at the bottom of a stairwell.  The stairwell led up to a large door that was probably several layers thick, but how well that would do if the entire building came crashing down...  They just hoped the duracreet would be strong enough over head.  For now they were stuck in the room alone- guards at the entrance and surrounding the perimeter...

"You know this is all insane...  He wants to be the next Emperor- and you just think that's okay?" Alt wasn't looking at her anymore, but could imagine the posture she'd gone into.  More than likely, he legs were pulled up with her hands at her ankles so she could rest her head on her knees while holding up whatever dress gown she'd been forced to wear.  Her eyes were burning a hole through his head so he answered-

"You don't know him as well as you think..."

"Yea right- he just takes my mother out on quaint little picnics because he 'likes' her...  Wait- he likes her alot..."

"You know that's not what I'm talking about..."

"Then what are you talking about?  How he's going to rule with an iron fist, bring back a new reign of fear and tyranny- instigate his own crap policies for total control?"  She was on a role...

"I was actually referring to how he was going to the whole 'secure the sector so we can establish trade routes' thing.  That way planets like Deptil and Binuse don't have to starve to death..."  He grinned politely at her frustration and stretched.  The two of them sat there for a moment before it looked like Meye wanted to say something...

"Hmm?" Alt still showed a bit of a cocky grin at his last retort but Meye seemed to be debating something.  "What is it?"

"It's just..." She bit her lip thoughtfully and continued...  "Have you ever heard of a place called Palon L?"  Alt shook his head, eyes on the entrace to the room.

"How about Palon B?"  Alt let his head drop to the right again to get a good look at her now- she was staring at him with the upmost concentration. 

"No- I haven't..."  She nodded her head and said-

"According to my mentor, a man I hold to be one of the wisest if not the most wise I've ever met- when you strive to gain power: you will use it."  Alt said nothing.

"You see, it's different than simply aquiring it- when you want the power, it becomes different.  Like it's not just a tool anymore- but something you need."  She kept her eyes close on Alt as she continued.  "Derivary Palon was a man who told the people of his sector he'd bring life back into their area by uniting them and controlling them with an army.  The Emperor did something similar...  In Palon's case, he ended up naming every planet after himself and starving each world for the wealth of his home planet..."

Alt cut her off and looked her straight in the eye- "You're telling me that my creator intends to take over the entire sector and starve all of us?  That he made it his life work to make us all miserable?"  Alt had spent a lot of time learning about Jacre' Roelk- about how he fought for years to bring trade route's their way in both the Imperial and New Republic Senate.  To say he only intended utter destruction for all of them...  He was almost disgusted with the girl...

She seemed to hesitate then said- "Yea well- what if Roelk's not in charge?"  Alt considered what she meant for a moment then discovered her intended target.  He felt himself go a little pale as he realized that there wasn't a single person in control of the RS.  The provisional council meant nothing- it was the high council reigning on high- a fight was coming and everyone was placing their bets on who would come out on top... 

"You think Rothow is going to take over?"  The tone had turned terribly serious.  Alt knew what Maye felt against Jacre Roelk, but the passion against Rothow was even more immense.  The man craved destruction- he had his own personal Star Destroyer named the "Might" so it would better disseminate his power.  His own personal Army and Navy were practically ready to take over at any moment...  And there was no love lost between him and the rest of the RS people- Meye had covered for him as well as Roelk.  Maybe that was why she was beginning to hate her step-father so much though- he was forcing her to cover for Rothow!  The man was wicked...  At the city of Aries on Rycrant he executed one fifth of the working population for "thoughts of betrayel..."  Meye had been forced to lie about a massive conspiracy and the way in which Rothow had killed the innocent people.  Why Roelk tolerated it- no one quite understood.  Maybe he wasn't in control after all...

"You remember Justain?  The starving village on Binuse?  How he used the villagers as target practice for his personal flying fortress?  Called it a test malfunction?  And then what did we do about it?  We lied!  Said that there was civil infighting!  Roelk supported it and Vieage gave the phycological standpoints to corroberate the case- how can you not hear about this?"  He had not heard about Binuse.  Certain things you were not told in the RS armed forces.

"Or the trafficking outside of Deptil?  I believe that was the other planet you said was totally void of commuting?  Are you aware that our Navy patrols that area contantly because of how close it is to the VE territories?  That they could easilly send down food and supplies and have more than enough for themselves?  They refuel constantly, have enough supplies for a year or so..."  She closed her eyes and stopped speaking... 

"Then what?"  There had to be more...  This time it was barelly audible, only a whisper-

"They pick up their supplies above the planet of Deptil- they mock them.  The people starve below and above we throw around supplies like it's no big deal...  And I have to say it's okay..."  She was quiet at last- no tears, but she appeared frustrated beyond all consternation Alt had ever experienced.  She was trapped... 

"And what would you suggest?"  He wasn't sure why he said it.  She opened her eyes and stared him down for a moment, unsure if this was cynicism or just curiosity.

"I'd say we should overthrow the RS and join the Imperials."  Such a comment in the open would have made someone have a heart attack, but in the cold, duracrete room... 

"So would I..."  She blinked awkwardly toward her body guard.

"What?"

"It'll never happen though...  But maybe you can get out of here- they wouldn't have anyone to lean on when they messed up.  At least we'd see if you were right for once..."  The two of them were just staring at eachother now.

"What are you suggesting?  That I run away from the problem?  Leave my family and friends here?  My people?" She seemed embittered and yet impowered.

"You talk about all the problems and that you can't do anyting here.  So don't fix them here.  Go somewhere else- your Imperial friends may assist you..."  He was suggesting the unbelievable on a whim.  Had he been thinking about this for as long as she had?  She glanced up toward the door out of relfex to see if anyone coul be listening, then continued-

"Would you come with me?"  She tried not to sound needy but could barelly contain it as the idea of leaving sounding like a reality.

"Impossible."

"Why?"

"I just...  Can't.  To leave would be like saying I never liked the place..."  He tore his eyes away and stood up rather quickly- he was fishing for excuses now.

"You are still so dedicated to your creator?" Meye was in a new uproar, this one full of steam and ready to run.  "You're so worried about insulting your master that you keep shutting out everything you want?  Don't you want a life?  A place to live?  A family?"

"Impossible..."

"Because you're a clone?" She was standing as well and practically right behind him.  "Don't tell me after all this time you think you're still just a clone..."

"Well I'm not human."  The comment was cold and sliced right through everything.  He was so full of malice all of the sudden his calm, lonely guesture had turned into a rocky, barren patch of stone cold hatred toward everything.  "I can never have what I want."  She was about to speak when the light indicating someone at the door went off. 

"We're getting the all-clear from HQ: Rothow's transport is outside and ready to take Ms. Roelk to a secured location..."  The com to the right of the door became silent again and Alt said-

"They'll be taking you to another planet- a safer one..."

"You're not coming with me?"  She spun him around to look at her.

"I- no- Impossible..."  He was stumbling on his words now that he had to face the woman that had made his life a remarkable one thus far.

"Why do you do this?  You're not a clone, you're not worthless- you're..."  She paused and was very close to him suddenly...  "Come with me..." 

"I'm sorry..."  The door slid open as the group came in to take her out.  "Good-bye."  She smiled then in one of the most unlikely of places.

"Only for now..."  The second in command of the unit tapped her on the arm lightly.

"Come with us mam, the shuttle is just outside..."  And then she was gone and all he was again was a clone.  What is wrong with me?  Why can't I leave?  What is so important here?  I've got to do something!  He pondered in the cold dark basement underneath the hotel a little longer...  He had just decided to return to the barracks for good when he heard a voice over the loudspeaker proclaim-

"Commander Rothow is issuing a command to all able bodied men and women.  Those who can, will fight for the Reugrand Sovereignty if they wish to survive the night.  The Imperials wish only to destory us, so we need all we can get to survive and come out as the victor..." Something snapped...  Command?  He was frozen in his own transformation...  No.  Not today- I will not become a part of this.  And suddenly he was up the steps and out the door.  Jumping on to the service lift he found himself in the lobby only a moment later.  Just outside the wide, glass paned hotel doors was the outline of a heavilly armored Corellian Corvette.  He remembered thinking to himself- "not many people get to drive around in one of those..."  He practically jumped through the window as he announced himself to the startled security team.

"I need on there now," he was saying, excited about his choice at last.  They were pushing off saying that he need to have all of his papers to board or atleast show some ID of his position in her security clearence...

It hit so hard and so fast that as he was flying through the tinted doors he'd just come out of, he was able to replay the explosion in his head several times.  No missile...  A bomb...  But everyone loves Meye- the people wouldn't hurt her...  Step-daughter of Roelk who is freind of...  Rothow.  He hit the ground hard, but barelly noticed with all the pain already stabbing through him...  Meye!  He tried to get up but was accompanied by an incredible head-ache along with the inability to coordinate his legs at first.  With about a minute's time, he was able to master rolling onto his right side and pushing up with his arms- getting up to full height.  His eyes rolled around in his head for a while until they came to rest on the shattered windows and tattered appearence of the marble hotel he was in.  Beyond was utter destruction- a debris riddled collumn appeared as if it were on the verge of collapse and two others were already buckling.  Meye...  He no longer cared about Rothow or maybe even Vieag, or Roelk!  His hip must have met the ground first because he found himself hobbling along on one foot to the doors.

"Meye!" He coughed as the smoke suddenly began to come in waves over the building.  He couldn't even see the remains of the shuttle.  Alt tripped over what he figured was a dead body and began rolling down the steps of the hotel.  The final step was a rough one as he met the ground and got his first look at the shredded transport.  Wait... The engine to his right wasn't near large enough for a Corellian Corvette...  And neither was the explosion...

"Alt- are you alright?  Get over here...  Yes- bring the med pac..."  Meye was over him and looking more worried than ever he'd seen her.  "Are you alright?  Alt- talk to me..."

"Oh- Meye?  But...  So you were on the corvette?"  Now it had connected.  Meye had gotten into the corvette, but the corvette wasn't Rothow's...  Whatever the shuttle was- it had been the core of the explosion, meant to kill her in lift off or in proximity.  They'd both failed and so the war between the members of the High Council had begun.

"The Corvette is my mentor's- he's coming to escort us off planet now..."  They were being brought inside the massive corvette now- a very clean place...  "Yes- get us out of here..."  He heard the engines flare up to full power as the repulsors kicked in and brought them above the city. 

"We're going off planet?"  Alt managed to stammer.

"Yes- that's what you wanted, right?"  She seemed to have connected his part of the story as well.  Yes, I did want to go with you...

"But we can't just leave this place- you said it yourself...  If you want to help out the Imperials- now may be your only chance..." Alt felt his eyes slowly going closed as sleepiness threatened to take over.

"Stay with me, Alt..."  Where were they?  It wasn't the medical bay- Meye was already getting a com line secured... 

"Imperial Forces- this is Meye Havret aboard the Corellian Corvette Right of Passage or RAWP for short.  Do you copy?"

"Mam, we have traced your location to a Reugrand Supremacy Hideaway- we will not be threatened."  Not at all taken aback she continued-

"We mean you no harm- only to join your forces again the RS.  We can give you a half squadron of X-wing fighters and the support of this heavilly armed and functional Corellian Corvette- what say you, Imperial Forces?"  There was no immediete reply.  Alt was about to slip out of conciousness again.  "Stay with me, Alt..."

"How can you prove your allegience?"  A different man was on the line now and he sounded harsher.

"What do you need?" 

***The battle continues***

"The last bunker is down- coming in for a run on the first ring attack groups..."  Shazam rolled a little to take some tension off of flight one as they flew into the battle riff first.  Below the ground forces seemed to have come to a stand still in front of a massive gate with a barracks on each side and two ground turrets each. 

"Back out, flight one, back out!" The radar came alive with blobs of all different colors.  "I'm tracking twelve...  No twenty-three...  No- atleast thirty fighters converging on the first ring!"  Jen was throwing her flight into the fray as a squadron of X-wings, another of A-wings and almost another full of random craft came spiralling from the forest. 

"Command- we have just become massivelly out-numbered, request back up, immedietly." Shazam barelly got a chance to say it as he pulled up hard to escape the incoming fighters from ahead. 

A rusty voice answered- "We're sending someone now..."

"Who?"

"The blue-ringed x-wings from earlier and a corellian corvette have offered their aid..."

"WHAT?"

(Now- if you saw a Corellian Corvette, modified heavilly to fit massive gun arrays, and half a squadron of the same blue-ringed fighters coming back at you...  Would you believe they were on your side?  Talk about it and find a way to make them credible.  How bout it?  Any questions comments or concerns- contact me.  Trevor and Jaden will still be going into the base, so that's fine, and we still need to take the shield generator [which protects the inner-most ring of defense] out along with the front gate and some ground forces...  Get creative- and have some fun.  Rock on.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

Commander of Nazgul Squadron, Phoenix Wing and Training
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited June 8, 2006 1:08:06 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

Post Number:  68
June 8, 2006 4:46:53 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
A raspy voice said. "We're sending someone now..."

"Who?" asked Shazam

"The blue-ringed x-wings from earlier and a Corellian corvette have offered their aid..."

"WHAT?"

Sion had heard the conversation over the com system.  He couldn't believe it. 

We blew up some of their buddies and now they are helping us, thought Than Sion. 

He remembered his forward charge with one of the blue rings.  He wouldn't have just flip sides after that if it was Kal or Will...

There was a silence in Sion's mind, he had blocked out Will's death so he could concentrate on the mission.  He had almost forgotten that Will was dead. 

He quickly shifted back to the outside world; lack of concentration could kill him.  They have about two flights of blue rings left and a corvette covered with guns, thought Than Sion.  They could cause a lot of trouble really fast if we start treating them too friendly.  That is if their true intentions are not friendly.  Sion switched to Kaph frequency.

"This is Kaph 6, I don't trust them five."

"I can understand your opinion, to some extent I share it," said Kal.  "But the thing is that we don't really have much of a choice.  We are out numbered.  If we are going to take this planet from the RS' clutches, we will need all the help we can get.  On the other hand, it is not our choice to work with them or not."

"Well, you are right on that one."

"Don't worry too much; command isn't going to have them covering our backs or anything if they believe the defection story."

"That's true."

As though the blue rings could read his mind, the formation of experienced pilots engaged a small group of their fellow X-Wings.  Than Sion's jaw dropped under his helmet as he watched them turn the Xs to shreds in an act of cannibalism to their fellow craft.

"Glad I didn't make a bet on that one five," said Sion.

"Well, that changes everything," replied Demonic in a surprised voice.

"This is Kaph 3 to flight two; did you guys see what I did?" 

"Yea, unless they are heartless, I think they actually are traitors," said Demonic.

A new voice came over the channel, "Commander of what you guys would call the "blue rings" to Imperial forces.  We would like to inform you that one of our guys ejected and is on the ground.  He has communications with us and also would like to defect with us.  Please inform your ground forces..."

(OCC: Please no one write on this crashed guy I just mentioned, I have plans for him.)

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2426
June 9, 2006 12:09:32 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam was so wound up by the last comment that he had to ball his hands into fist as hard as he could then release them to relieve himself of some of the pressure flooding through him.  Sending the enemy as an ally?  That was a bit much...  They'd killed Will and other excellent pilots- and now they just wanna help on a whim...  Watch your backs.

"Imperial Fighter Commander- got a callsign?" This was the blue-ringed X-wing they'd heard giving commands over the radio for some time already.  He was good...

"Nazgul One, or Phoenix One- take your pick.  Yourself?"

"Black One, Hapnel One or Belis One- take your pick..."  Shazam about slapped himself as he chuckled at the retort.  Smart ass... He reminded himself.

The ring they'd met thus far was roughly six and a half miles long with a center gate about the width of two Officer's Apartments- not as wide as he'd figured, but it was only the first gate; it's not like they were planning an offensive on this planet...  Just beyond the gate were two turrets on each side of the gate along with an enemy hanger bay about a mile off.  Where the other one was- he could't be entirelly sure.  However, the air no longer looked like a few fighters picking eachother off but a full out bloodfest.  The Black Wing was simply annhilating it's fellow X-wings while Phoenix Wing took on the the three remaining pilots of the Four Sticks and an A-wing squadron.  The random fighter group was spread out in every area of the air-fight though, picking up enemies and wingman every two seconds.  With the assistnace of the Black Wing, they were outnumbering the enemy quickly. 

"Three and Four- stay very, very close..."  Shazam had been taking out an X-wing for the last thirty seconds when he remembered there were still ground forces.  The entire line of heavy artillery was opening up on the gate at full bore, but the skies were darkening for them as X-wings would randomly proton torpedo the road ahead, setting paths aflame as well as the craft on them.  Then there were the seperate regiments of enemy clone troopers rushing out with massive arm rifles.  The ground was alive with blaster fire and artillery beams alike. 

"Flight one here, back off ground forces- we'll sweep the fields..."

"Affirmative, One."  The Imperial troopers began to slide back out of the tall grasses at the beginning of the road- the trees starting just beyond them.  "Firing now..."  He thumbed the mode to rapid fire and began strafing the field below at an even lower altitude than he had been using.  The fighters above were taking a shot at anything- best not make it easy for 'em...  Actually, Shazam liked flying low; whenever he met some especially tall grass and heard it whisp by below it made him feel like he was going a lot faster than he really was...  Then again...

"They're pulling back, thanks one..."  Shazam, Art and Tyrrax lit the field ablaze as the RS troops began wandering back to their barracks...

"We've got another bunker lit up by our Army buddies- Aegis breaking off to take it out..."  A flight of schimitars barreled out of the fight and began to fly low at a glowing red ember within the green foliage.  The army folks were making good use of their flares as well...

"Alrighty then- let's get something important here.  What do you guys see?"  Shazam was still flying low for some reason as they began to approach the gate quickly.

"Enemy flight at five o'clock- how bout it?" Art querried casually.  Shazam switched his cannon mode backed to linked burst and took a firm shot at the right tower within the gate.  Each side had it's tower and in side the top of both was probably a sentry.  Well- not really anymore...  Yup- he's dead.  The tinted transparisteel of the sentry post imploded as the linked burst met with it furociously. 

"Comin up and around now-"  Shazam pulled the throttle back as he gave the stick a good tug to bring him straight up, then inverted.  Where did they go?  Still inverted, an A-wing element brushed past with a volley of cannon fire that met the deflector shields rather harshly.  Shazam rolled right into their formation and split them in half has Art and Tyrrax let off linked burst into their viewports.  They met no shields because it seemed everyone was worried about thier hind ends at the moment...

"Nice cover, three and four- try not to get pancaked by these next ones though..."  Art and Tyrrax had barelly avoided colliding with the enemy A-wings as their cockpits shattered and barreled out of control into the forest below. 

"Some help!"  Shazam snap rolled to starboard and thrust the stick toward him to bring him into a sharp loop.  Art and Tyrrax didn't catch the loop so they continued on in a straight path before seeing his intended vector, then pulled up themselves to bring them into a vertical loop and back down on  Shazam's tail as he saw Tokijin's enemy...

"Who is that?  I can't see him!"  Tokijin was frantic as the random burst continued to dominate her shields.

"Get away from your wingman!  LCRW Coren Horloinne- cease and desist your attack on Nazgul Seven or you will be shot down!"  The TIE interceptor barrelled left and hit the throttle, speeding underneath Tokijin.  He drove the fighter in a razor sharp cut ahead of Tokijin, forcing her to dive and split-s, nearly meating the surface of the trees. 

"Crap- Catch him!  He's joining up with the Four Sticks!"  Art was suddenly ahead of Shazam with Tyrrax pulling up the space between and to the back.

"What's goin on over there?" Jen and Darius were taking on another element of A-wings and had just begun to pick up on the frantic conversation.

"We've got an RS compatriat on our hands- Eight!  Surrender now!" To say the least, Shazam was a little embittered at having to fight one of his own men

"Just take a position you think you can cut him off from- I'm goin high!"  Art punched it and brought his fighter into a high speed yoyo, inverting himself then dropping in behind Coren as Shazam performed the opposing low-speed yoyo to bring his nose to bear on the belly of the figthter.  "You're kill, Four!  Take it!" Tyrrax pulled in close just as the back end came alive with cannon fire- he'd remembered about the rear-turret.

"Pull out Four!"  Shazam sent his shields to full in the front and barreled to starboard once again, this time absorbing all the fire he could so Tyrrax could get away.  "Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Eight."  Art came out of nowhere, spiralling down on the forward head of the Aggressor, pummeling the cockpit until the pylons shuddered and detached from the wings, the transparisteel view port shattering as Coren ejected. 

"Lights out."  Jen and Darius's target spilt at the explosion of Nazgul Eight's fighter and Darius picked up the ejection immedietly, blasting the seat to peices at it pulled an insane degree of G's. 

"Nice shot, six."  Shazam said it with an uncertainty- as if he should be happy they'd gotten rid of an inside enemy, or sad he'd just lost a former allied pilot.  "I thought he was clean...  Damn it..."  Maybe they hadn't been as thorough as they'd thought in picking the men for this mission...  Here I thought I'd have to be worried about the Black Wing...

***RS Head Quarters***

"This is impossible..."  Jacre Roelk shook his head; the news of a corvette taking sides with the Imperials was depressing enough- the fact that his daughter was on it was simply devestating.  Step-daughter...  He shook his head viciously and threw the tray on the table against the wall.  The metal plate shivered on contact with the ground and rolled for a moment before coming to a halt. 

"We have to take her out- there's no choice in the matter- we're talking about a fully armed Corellian corvette in the middle of a fighter battle!" Vieage was actually standing for once, actually interested in what was going on for once. 

"You want me to shoot her down?"  Roelk didn't know to be angry or open-minded.  Maybe he could be both...

"Is there a way we can take it out without having to destroy it?  Force it to crash-land or something?"  The three of them were in the main battle room, tactical dispalys and holos lighting up the darkness as each of them sat staring eachother down from the corners.

"Unlikely- it probably won't go down without a fight." Rothow didn't seem to be reacting to much to the news but who cared- Rothow was Rothow.

"We can't just take out the engines?"  Roelk paced in front of the center holo displaying the battle at the third ring.

"With the help of Black Wing- It's unlikely..." Rothow trully didn't seem to care about anything right now- that their base was under heavy attack and they may not be able to hold them off like they'd figured for one.

"How could this happen?  Why have the Blacks suddenly decided to change sides?  What is this?"

Vieage and Rothow stared at him as if they were on trial because it was somehow their fault then Vieage answered-  "Ryshnell is the commander of Black Wing- I believe he is also the girl's mentor?  Perhaps this has been in planning for some time."

"A conspiracy?"  Roelk scoffed before saying- "And what do you call the attack just before she took off to join the Imperials?  Coincidence?  Probably more conspiracy there then either of you are willing to admit."

"Watch it."  Rothow didn't move but he seemed to stir in an aggressive manner. 

"Or what?  You're going to sick a star destroyer on me?"  Roelk had the fire in his eyes again.  Rothow stood suddenly had Jacre by the neck.  "Get your hands off of me!"

"Or what?" 

"I'll blast that hollow cavity you call a head."  Rothow and Roelk froze...  Vieage had pulled out a blaster they'd never seen him carry.  Actually, this was the first time they'd ever seen him carry anything besides a datapad...

"See what they're doing to us?  We need to stop this now.  Put down the gun, Vieage and let's do something about this..."  Vieage would never have taken an order from Rothow but a supplication on behalf of Roelk was something else entirelly.  He let the gun fall to his side and he replaced it within his scurvy suit so their would be no more sensations of danger.  Rothow took his hands from Roelk's throat and went to the battle table, cracking his neck all the way.  He needed to take out his anger on something...

"We detonate the first gate- take out what enemy forces we can then send in the remaining squadrons and troops to mop 'em up."  Rothow indicated the battered gate and Imperial ground forces coming up the center valley.

"What if they come through?"  Vieage sounded confident now that he'd pulled a gun on someone.

"We set up secondary charges along the road coming in and set up a strong perimeter within the second ring so we can take them from above.  The walls are higher here so it shouldn't be a problem to make it happen..." 

"And what of the Corvette?" Roelk querried it quite dispassionetly- perhaps neutrally.

Rothow was leaning against the circular banister when he looked up sharply and said- "Trap it in the second ring and blast it to oblivion."

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  207
June 9, 2006 1:27:16 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
  "We've got another bunker lit up by our Army buddies- Aegis breaking off to take it out..." Hunter nodded and broke his Scimitar away from the main fight. His flight followed closely behind him, perfectly in sink with his fighter's movements. It seems this fight is starting to mold us into one unit. Good.

"Flight three is on it." Hunter said, dropping his fighter a little lower to swoop under a pair of x-wings fighting it out. Those Black Wing fighters are damn good, but that's not to say we haven't done our fair share so far. . .

***Earlier***

Flicking his controls, Hunter fired one of his missiles directly at one of the four bunkers. A blurred streak shot past his fighters, as his wingman deployed one of his as well. A bright plume of fire and smoke erupted from where the building had stood only moments before. "Drive Aegis 9," A voice designated as Kaph 9 ordered. Reflexes engaged before Hunter even thought, sending his fighter to dive forward. A linked quad shot gleamed by where his fighter had flown a moment before.

Spinning out of the dive, Hunter pulled up to aim away from the bunker. Zharyn was right with him, following the maneuver even though he had been in no danger. "Thanks for the heads up Kaph 9." Hunter said, even though she was busy fighting the x-wing which had fired at Hunter with her wingman. "Stick close Zharyn."

"Always do." Aegis 10 responded. Cocky little guy. Decreasing his altitude, the two Scimitars skimmed above the valley surface, looping back to join the other two members of flight three. When the battle had begun, Chip had assigned them the task of destroying the bunkers. The other two flights would serve as decoys. A flare from the side signaled that a second bunker had been destroyed. Two more.

Before he knew what was happening, his shields started to deplete. Barrel rolling to the right, Hunter tried not to get disconcerted when his fighter clipped the grass beneath him. Pulling back on the controls, he titled the fighter up as he continued to roll. Spiraling diagonally away from the incoming fire, he snapped the controls, suddenly stopping his fighter's spin. Ignoring the queasy feeling in his stomach, Hunter turned his fighter to aim at the anti-air gun platform. I can't believe I didn't notice it. Linking his lasers, Hunter squeezed the trigger. A moment later, the twin cannons were silenced as Zharyn's lasers impaled them from behind.

"Join up at the third bunker, Flight three." Hunter ordered, as he looped around to skim above the tree tops.

"This is Aegis 1, negate that order. Keep your missiles for later use. Flight two will be taking out the remaining bunkers. They'll think you guys are the real attackers by now, so join up with the main force again." Nodding, Hunter spun his fighter around to join Nazgul and Kaph, who were still engaging the x-wings.

***Present***

Dropping lower and lower, Hunter led his flight toward the glowing red ember. With the aid of the Black wing fighters, the enemy aerial forces had enough to deal with then hunting down the Scimitars, but ground forces were another story. Dodging from side to side, Hunter tried to make his movements as random as possible, but the clone troop's fire seemed to be getting closer and closer to their target. "Aegis 11 and 12, take care of the bunker. Aegis 10, lets get rid of some of these annoyances."

"Roger that." Zharyn said, breaking off from the flight. Swinging in the opposite direction from Zharyn, Hunter pulled up from the tree tops to get a better angel. Aegis 11 and twelve blazed ahead through the gap. Twisting around, Hunter lowered his fighter's angle of decent and opened fire into the trees where clone fire could be seen. As the trees were set ablaze, Hunter tried not to feel sorry for the planet. It would have been a very serene place if the surface wasn't been ravaged by the battle. Forests burned and hunks of earth were being thrown into the air. Even though he wasn't one to fight for the forests and life, he still felt sorry that they had to be destroyed. To him, beauty should never be wasted.

"I'm in need of assistance." Zharyn's voice broke into Hunter's thoughts. Leaving the charred path behind him, Hunter swerved to bring Zharyn into his sights. An A-wing was pelting his shields with laser fire, and Zharyn couldn't seem to shake him. A Kaph pilot was giving aid, but couldn't seem to land a solid shot.

"Pull up on my mark, Aegis 10 and Kaph 11." Hunter ordered, as he drew closer. Overriding the safety controls, Hunter targeted Zharyn's fighter with one of his missiles. He immediately got a target lock. Aiming directly toward the front of Zharyn's fighter, Hunter tensed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Zharyn cursed, as he swerved to the side, dodging more incoming lasers.

"Just trust me." Hunter said, ignoring the sweat the trickled down his face. "Break now!" A twitch of his finger sent a missile flying straight at Zharyn's fighter. With the distance between them so little, the missile's flight was only a matter of seconds. As Zharyn turned to the right, safely dodging the missile a moment before it impacted, the A-wing naturally followed, sending it directly in the missile's path. A ball of fire expanded out from the fighter.

"Don't ever do that again." Zharyn said shakily, as he joined up with Hunter again.

"Can't make any promises." Hunter responded, turning his controls.

"The bunker is destroyed." Raigen's voice cut through the com-chatter.

"Aegis 1 to flight three, we have new orders. The army is having difficulty destroying the main gate. We're to give them a path."

Pulling up from the tree tops, Hunter joined with the other fighters in his flight and headed for the main gate. "We copy that, Aegis 1. ETA, a minute."

(OOC I gave a little bit about how the bunkers were destroyed from earlier. Sorry we couldn't provide that information at the proper time. If anything is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. Been gone awhile. )

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Petty Officer 1st Class Hunter

XO/FL/PO1 Hunter/Aegis 9/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (VC:B)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2428
June 10, 2006 9:20:29 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Figured Krius, Atrick and Will might want to know what's goin on in space so they can post )

Captain Marcus Falensarano Report:

The battle as of Phoenix Wing's attack on the Third Ring of Defense on the RS base- Space.

The assault frigate Rothow, already badly damaged on it's starboard side do to combat with Nazgul Squadron and the Atrus a month ago, has circumscribed the Coruscant in an attempt to flank us.  The Corellian corvette Acumen followed the assault frigate and is now helping to protect the weak side against fighter attack.  Below the Coruscant, the interdictor cruiser Stranglehold has been fortifying the belly and preventing heavy attacks to the dorsal surface of this ISD.  Directly ahead of the Coruscant is the Hapan battle dragon Roelk and the three Corellian corvettes Sagacity, Percipience and Guile.  The Sagacity as well as the Guile have been badly damaged by the forward guns of the Coruscant and the two bulk cruisers flanking the ISD- the Thunder and Storm.  The nebulon-b frigates that had accompanied the Roelk to it's position in front of the Coruscant were destroyed first because of thier pivotal performance against the TIE fighter group 'Fire Storm Wing.'  Their guns were dealing devestation on the fighters, so guns from the three carrack cruisers Griffin, Lion and Dragon (which were coming back from their escort duties with Phoenix Wing),  as well as the two bulk cruisers and ISD were trained on the two nebulon-b craft to take them out as soon as possible.  Monitoring the planet, the assault frigate Vieage and nebulon-b Precipitous await any craft attempting to flee the planet.  If Phoenix Wing pulls out now, they will have to engage these craft.  As for the main craft centered around the Coruscant, the two bulk cruisers have begun to focus heavilly on the remaining Corellian corvettes, preferably the Sagacity and Guile; this way we can get them out of the way and focus primarilly on the Roelk and Rothow.  The Roelk is the primary focus of the Coruscant though- shields just about to thirty-five percent.  'Firestorm Wing' is still out picking up random fighter groups being launched from any of the capitol ships and bombarding those same ships.  The Stranglehold is also targetting the Roelk, but very carefully because of it's importance to the mission.  If the ship interdictor Strangehold is destroyed or takes damage to portions of the gravity well projection units- the enemy will be able to escape.  Thus, the Strangehold has taken up position below the Coruscant while taking it's shots at smaller craft or cruisers and the occasional full-out blast on the Roelk.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  222
June 10, 2006 7:11:54 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Alright Nazgul One, this is Three and Nine again. We`ve just passed through to the other side of the third ring. This one is different than the others. It`s got itself a trio of AA turrets, and a quad group of turrets." Trevor reported over the comm system from his and
Jaden`s newly comendeered speeder. Jaden had come to a stop between the three AAs, and was starring up at one.

"Alright Nine, thanks for the heads up. Think you can help us any?" Shazam asked quickly, a slight beeping going off in the background.

"Absolutly." Trevor replied as he got out of the speeder and pulled the trunk open. Jaden had stopped earlier, somewhere in the second ring, and they had checked the vehicle out. In the trunk they had found explosives and silenced pistols, as well as a few other minor devices. Trevor grabbed a small box of explosives and one of the silenced pistols and started towards one of the AAs. As he got closer, one of the guards walked up to him.

"Hold it buddy, this is authorized personelle only. Lets see some ID or something." The guard informered him, holding out his hand to accept an ID card of some type.

"Uh...We`re top secret." Trevor lied horribly, sounding far to untruthful. The guard caught on.

"Alright buddy, lets see any ID. I`ve never seen you around before at all, and I`m head of guard staff. I woulda seen you at last week`s picnic if you really are an RS guard." The guard said, raising his blaster rifle to his eye and aiming at Trevor`s head.

"But uh...We didn`t have a picnic last week." Trevor said, getting ready to drop to the ground if the guard did anything.

"Well, then I guess you are RS. You`re right. Here, C`mon. Next time just say you lost your ID card." The guard said, lowering his rifle and grinning as he put his arm around Trevor and pushe dhim towards the door. As the door was opened for them, Trevor was lead under the ground and into a bunker, which he now assumed controlled all three AAs, and possibly the turrets.

"Well, thanks alot for that friend!" Trevor exclaimed as he reached out toshake the guard`s hand. When the guard stuck his hand out, Trevor fired his silenced pistol and caught the guard before he could hit the ground. Dragging him over to a closet, Trevor shoved him in, but not before taking his ID card and keycard, as well as his blaster rifle.

"Yo, Jaden. I`m in, Now I just have to find what I need to blow the crap out of." Trevor said into the comm with a laugh as he sprinted off down a hallway.

*** In the Air ***

Gunnay was having issues of his own. Some of the regular X-wings had decided to team up on him. A warning light went off in his cabin and he pulled back hard on the control yoke, breaking the lock before hte pilot could fire his missile.

"Damn, that was close. 12, I could use a hand." He radioed to Mika, who did not reply. "12! Come in! As flight leader in Trevor`s absence, I order you to reply."

"Yeah yeah Gunnay, don`t get pushy!" Mika replied as he swopped down behind one of the X-wings and loaded his aft shields to overload with his cannons. Due to the rear-firering cannon on the Agressors, they X-wings could not just put all shielding to either front or rear, so they had to divide it as well as possible, depending on where the larger threat was.

Mika dummy-fired a missile into the back of the X-wing, and for once his shot was good. It detonated into the rear of the fighter and Mika had to swerve hard to the right to avoid getting hit by shrapnel. As he was doing this, lights in his own cabin went off.

"Shit, I have a missile on me now. I think it is from that AA down there. Where are we?" He asked as he began evasive menuevers, snap-rolling to the right and performing a broken-S, trying to shake this missile, which was getting closer and closer.

"We`re just getting up to the second ring. I think that missile is from someone on the ground, not an AA." Gunnay replied, checking his radar and punching air as his rear cannon managed to finaly punch through the shields of the X-wing behind him and score 3 repeated hits onto the cockpit, shattering it into a million peices of burning metal.

"Alright, well, I`m going to try and swoop low over the gate and plow this missile into it." Mika said cockily, as he pushed his throttle forward to max and dove at the gate. He was counting down until when he would pull up, but things went wrong. He was hit from the front by a heavy artillery blast from the RS side of the gate, and suddenly lost control of almost everything in his cockpit.

"Oh shit!" He cryed out at he pulled the yoke up and nothing happened.

"Eject 12, Eject!!" Gunnay hollered, but to no avail. Mika hit the gate at full speed, his fighter exploding on impact. The missile followed and detonated against the gate.

"This is 10 to Nazgul one, I just lost Mika. Now its just me and the new guy, who is fling..is that an Interceptor?" Gunnay informed and asked at the same time. "Oh well, Flight three is almost been decimated. We might just join up with flight two or something."

"No way 10, you are going to stay as a seperate flight, until you are down to one fighter again. I`m not sure what I need you to do right now. Go find someone to kill." Shazam instructed.

The new pilot had finally arrived and formed up with Gunnay. "Alright buddy, I`m going to do my best to keep you alive for this, but that doesn`t mean I`m babysitting you. I hope you can fly."

"Understood sir. Nazgul 11 ready to go." Atrick replied quietly.

"Alrighty, lets go." Gunnay said, beginning an easy left hand turn and looking for an empty target. He spotted it quickly. An X-wing that had been cut off from his flight was out alone, trying to avoid the battle. Gunnay gave it full throttle and was followed by Atrick.

"Get your missile ready 11. I`m going to punch through his shields, and you better have a lock by then, so you can blow his ass up." Gunnay commanded, and was replied to with a sharp 'Yes Sir!'. Switching from linked to rapid fire, Gunnay opened up onto the rear of the X-wing. The shields blinked a bright blue and then red, but the X-wing had started evasive menuevers by now.

"I can`t get a lock 10. He`s moving to fast!" Atrick said over the comm, as he spun the knobs on the box quickly, trying to keep up with the X-wings erratic movements.

"Get ready..." Gunnay said, a few more bolts connect with the shields and blinking them a blindingly bright red.

"I can`t get a lock!"

"Almost got him..." Gunnay continued firering, two more bolts hitting the shields, sending them to a deep red color.

"Nothing yet!!" Atrick called, suddenly wondering what would happen if he didn`t have a lock when Gunnay blew through the shields.

"Now!" Gunnay hollered as his last bolt connected with the shields and they blinked out.

"I don`t have a lock!!!" Atrick said, spin the knobs rapidly and wishing he could wiped the sweat from his eyes.

"Dummy fire it!"

"Yes Sir!" Atrick replied and just launched the missile. It flew and looked as if it was going to rocket past the X-wing, but for some reason the X-wing lurched downward and connected with the missile, blowing a gaping hole in the tender underbelly of the fighter. The fighter lost control of all his engines and two of them shut off right away, while the other two overheated in a firery explosion, finishing off the fighter.

"I thoguth you didn`t have a lock?!" Gunnay exclaimed in disbelief over the comm.

"I didn`t..." Atrick replied slowly.

"Whatever...Good kill 11, Good kill."

OOC: I`ll be workign from isnide that bunker against the AAs, so when you make it to the third ring, they will eithe rbe gone or reayd to be gone.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited June 10, 2006 7:16:29 PM)]
Atrick25
ComNet Novice

Atrick25

Post Number:  52
Total Posts:  380
June 10, 2006 11:21:23 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
Feeling the bump of the atmosphere rocking the TIE Interceptor, Atrick was starting to feel nervous. Would he die out there? Would he be captured? Would he fail his wingmates? Only time will tell. Atrick thought glumly as they began to see the tops of the trees.

The forest elow them was gargantuan with subtle beauty, but Atrick had no time to view it. He had already split from Krius and Willtconq, but was having trouble finding his wing. Suddenly remembering he had a com system, Atrick flipped to the secure Nazgul channel.

"Nazgul One, this is Nazgul 11, reporting I have made it here in one piece." He said over the intercom to his Squad leader.

"Affirmative Nazgul 11. Wing Three is currently having troubles with pilots and crashes, but there is still a fighter up. Nazgul 10 is your wing leader currently and you will listen to him. I'll send you his coordinates now." Shazam said, then turned off his com with a beep.

After recieving the coordinates, Atrick began flying at full speed towards Nazgul 10's current location. After flying for about 10 minutes at maximum speed, he found Gunnay flying about, seeming as if there was a lull in the fighting.

After forming up with him, Gunnay said over the com,"Alright buddy, I`m going to do my best to keep you alive for this, but that doesn`t mean I`m babysitting you. I hope you can fly."

"Understood sir. Nazgul 11 is ready to fly." Atrick replied quietly.

"Alrighty, lets go." Gunnay said.

Gunnay suddenly flew off and Atrick gunned the throttle after him. They flew until they came across a lone X-wing fighter that looked like it was on caffiene, it was flying so erratically and spontaneously.

"Get your missile ready 11. I`m going to punch through his shields, and you better have a lock by then, so you can blow his ass up." Gunnay commanded.

"Yes sir!" Atrick replied quickly grabbing the dials for the missles and twisting them quickly, trying to get a lock on the X-wing, but the X was flying erratically and was to fast for him to follow.

"I can`t get a lock 10. He`s moving to fast!" Atrick said over the com, as he spun the knobs on the box quickly, trying to keep up with the X-wings erratic movements.

"Get ready..." Gunnay said, a few more bolts connect with the shields and blinking them a blindingly bright red.

"I can`t get a lock!"

"Almost got him..." Gunnay continued fireing, two more bolts hitting the shields, sending them to a deep red color.

"Nothing yet!!" Atrick called, suddenly wondering what would happen if he didn`t have a lock when Gunnay blew through the shields.

"Now!" Gunnay hollered as his last bolt connected with the shields and they blinked out.

"I don`t have a lock!!!" Atrick said, spinning his knobs rapidly and wishing he could wipe the sweat from his eyes.

"Dummy fire it!" Gunnay screamed.

"Yes Sir!" Atrick replied and just launched the missile. It flew and looked as if it was going to rocket past the X-wing, but for some reason the X-wing lurched downward and connected with the missile, blowing a gaping hole in the tender underbelly of the fighter. The fighter lost control of all his engines and two of them shut off right away, while the other two overheated in a firery explosion, finishing off the fighter.

"I thought you didn`t have a lock?!" Gunnay exclaimed in disbelief over the comm.

"I didn`t..." Atrick replied slowly.

"Whatever...Good kill 11, Good kill."

Wow, my first kill. And it was a dummy missle! Atrick thought excitedly as he flew over the gaping crater that had once been a X-wing. He then came around and followed Gunnay back to the battle that was still raging in the skies.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-11/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Artrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~
Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

Post Number:  59
June 12, 2006 9:46:58 AM    View the profile of Krius 
As soon as the trio emerged from the Star Destroyer,Coruscant,they had just gotten them selves in the middle of a huge space battle. Krius was in awe as he stared at the flashing green and red fireworks, they were everywhere. Krius quickly snapped out of it when he heard Will's voice crackle over the intercom.

"All right, I've opened a private channel so only you guys and command can listen, I want Krius to form up on my left flank and Atrick on my right. Expect to get shot at, but like I said, do not engage the enemy. If one of you get a fighter on your tale just speed up in front of our group and we'll get them off, we'll probably hit the atmosphere in ten minutes if we keep going top speed, then it will take us another ten to get back with our squads, now lets get going, over and out."

Krius pushed the acceleration lever forward making his TIE go full speed.  Will pulled ahead of the group but then slowed down remembering that Krius and Atrick were in Interceptors.

Now on full alert, Krius looked from left to right checking if there were any enemy's approaching. When he checked his radar, he saw many blips of red and green chasing each other and some disappearing off the radar. So far so good.

Ahead of them were two assault frigates, the bad thing was that they were enemy frigates. The good thing was that on the other side of them were three Imperial frigates which Krius guessed were theGriffin, Lion, and Dragon.

Getting closer and closer to the heated battle up ahead, Krius could see fighters going at it and bombers bombarding the frigates.

"Ok everyone, were going to fly under the belly's of the frigates, there are gonna be some turrets, so expect to dodge enemy fire. Hopefully we won't encounter any fighters."

Krius could feel his body tensing up as they got closer to one of the enemy frigates. After a couple of seconds the turrets came into view, about five of them were with in range of firing. Krius looked up to see the massive assault frigate looming over them and looked down knowing that in a couple of seconds they would be under fire.

"Here we go"

The turrets started firing their laser canons at the trio. Three lightning fast shots whizzed passed Krius's fighter, pushing forward on the control yoke, Krius barely dodged a shot that was aimed directly at him.That was close

Krius could see Will and Atrick doing the same as all five turrets opened up on them. Quickly swerving port, Krius dodged a shot that was meant for him but got hit by a shot that Atrick had just dodged. "Dammit" looking at his status screen Krius saw that his shields were down to 70 percent.

The turrets were ripping lasers at the trio, who were swerving in all directions to avoid their shots. It was like a lightning storm but worse.
Then Wills voice snapped over the intercom.

"Were doing good so far, keep it up, were about to pass under the turrets and it will take a moment for them to turn around, by then we'll almost be out of distance."

As soon as Will stopped talking, they had just passed under the turrets. Krius looked back to see them turning around, and by the time they were fully turned the trio were well out of firing range.

"Looks like we got company, four fighters up ahead, Preybirds I think. Open fire on my mark."

Krius took some of his shields energy and transferred it to his main weapons, and after that switched the rest of his shields power to the front of his TIE.

"3...2...1 FIRE!"

Krius and Atrick let out a volley of linked canon fire, which were accompanied by Will's missiles. Two of the middle Preybirds shields started lighting up as they met Krius's and Atrick's fire, they started to turn a darker red before pulling down. The bad thing for them was that Will had gotten a lock and Krius watched as his missiles met the topside of the fighters completely destroying them.

Krius watched as the fighters turned into an inferno of twisted steel and fire, it was way better then watching fireworks.

The other two fighters had managed to get behind the group and Krius switched all of his shields power to the back.

They let loose a storm of blaster fire on the trio, which had pulled down just in time to dodge it. Krius looked forward to see that Will was gone, looking back, he saw Will had slowed down almost to a complete stop and the two enemy fighters shot over his fighter.Nice.

Will then started pounding into the back of one of the enemy fighters that was forced to take evasive maneuvers and pull away from his wingman. Now the only problem Atrick and Krius had was that single fighter.

"Atrick I want you to try and pull behind the enemy fighter ok?"

"What are you gonna do?"

"While he's distracted, I'm gonna get behind him and take him out got that?"

"Yea I got it."

Atrick then slowed his ship down but the Preybird saw it coming this time and slowed down to, what he didn't see was that Krius had pulled up and then slowed down making the Preybird shoot under him.

Quickly thrusting the acceleration lever forward, Krius started to get closer and closer to the enemy fighter who was still distracted by Atrick. "Your mine"

Krius ripped a volley of blaster shots at the Preybird and managed to weaken its shields before it started taking evasive maneuvers. The Preybird quickly pulled up and Krius followed closely waiting for the perfect time to shoot. Krius felt it coming, the enemy made it so obvious, it jerked to the right and then Break'ed hard turning starboard and Krius managed to cut into his turn while pre shooting into the enemy's flight path. Krius had hit home, the blaster fire tore through the shields, and then ripped through his engines, lighting up the back of his fighter. It begun to spin out of control, and then erupted into another inferno of twisted steel and fire.

Holy shit& that was it, my first kill& Krius couldn't believe it, just minutes before, they were the ones who were being attacked by the fighters, they were out numbered, and probably out ranked. Will's voice slowly grew louder, snapping Krius out of his thoughts.

"I hope you guys had as much fun as I did, because I had a hell of a time." Will took a short pause; his laughing could be heard in the background.
"Also, I loved that little wingman tactic you guys did, it was somewhat disorganized, but it worked. Now everyone regroup, we'll be hitting the atmosphere in five minutes."

-----------------------
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 12, 2006 10:06:36 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 12, 2006 1:08:27 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2429
June 12, 2006 11:13:50 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(OOC: Trevor and Jaden: We need to make those guards sound like they are just paid to be there- probably from a nearby city. Why? The fact that they appear totally un-trained, didn't bind you or take your weapons away, and seem to not care and would ask a question about a picnic? I dunno- not quite security detail You can encounter some real guards that are clones with the pony tails!)

"Don't get too close to that thing- you hear?" Shazam murmured over the Imperial channel- the Corellian corvette had just arrived and was dominating fighter after fighter. It had at least four cannons on each side, two rear mounted (one on top and another on the bottom of the engines), and four surrounding the head as well as two more in the very front. Shazam had never seen a ship this loaded.

"Don't worry about betrayal yet, just try to stay out of the crossfire of that thing!" Jen took flight two on a reverse course as soon as a minor explosion of cannon fire went off and the cruiser began to look alive. "Enemy fighters down to a squadron!" The fighters attempts at taking down the Corellian corvette immediately were being easily thwarted- the corvette itself simply running over top of the first gate and entering into the two mile gap for ring two.

"Making the attack run on the gate," Chip noted as Flight one began to fly low over the gray backs of the heavy army equipment. They'd basically cleaned off all of the barracks outside with minimal casualties and were now located very close to the gates- ready to rush in and take the prize. "On my count..." Chip said as the ground-based concussion missiles became armed. "Three... Two..." The line fuzzed just then as the entire front gate erupted in flame, billowing upward in a stroke of malevolent enemy force, totally encasing all four fighters. Not only did it go up, but it went out, throwing debris into the bodies of the men and women not in vehicles- utterly shredding some. Three speeders out in the front were annihilated and two of the heavier machines were forced to crumble and die on the ground.

"Flight One- do you copy?" Basically the entire Navy had gotten a front row seat at this because the enemy number and attack rate and dropped so drastically- no wonder: they'd been pulling out.

"This is the Right of Passage requesting emergency back-up here- we see three exposed hangers. They're pouring out fighters..." Shazam couldn't see past the fireball torrent in the sky but he could hear a second consecutive set of explosions.

"What was that?" No one said anything as an even larger fireball drafted upward and began enclosing the RAWP.

"This is Flight One- how are we doing folks?" Chip was back on the line, just out of his set of fireworks so he could receive the next one lighting the center of the roadway ahead. "Whoa!"

"We're missing Four and my shields are down to twenty percent!" Geth replied to the earlier question!"

"I see a mass of fighters swarming RAWP, One- do we assist?" Speed didn't seem to mind his shields were down significantly or they were massively out numbered. Good man, Shazam thought to himself.

"Absolutely- target those hangers!" Chip replied adamantly.

"Kaph and Nazgul- protect that vessel and secure the air from above! Let's go!" Shazam kicked the throttle to full speed but gave his shields a little more power as he drove his flight straight through the upper-most part of the fire ball, mostly smoke and smog now. The rest of Aegis made an awkward entrance around the fireball to go support Flight one as the remains of the ground forces piled through the gaping hole in the third ring.

As soon as Shazam entered the fireball he really picked up the number of bogeys- some forty... Then they were through the flame and immediately picked up on an enemy element heading toward the RAWP. The corvette was incredible with its turbo laser capacity, but far past overwhelmed as missile after missile was launched into the shields of the craft.

"Link cannons and fire Flight One- I'm splitting off to join Toki- she's the only one without a wingman except for me. Stay safe." Shazam pulled into a sharp immelman and came spiraling toward Flight two as it barreled out of the flame, Toki making up the hind end of the formation.

"Affirmative One, taking your target..." Art and Tyrrax opened up fire in a torrent of green energy that Shazam had a hard time believing came from two fighters- they were getting coordinated.

"Picking up a trio of A-wings!" Jen didn't even note Shazam' presence as she barreled right and began to head toward the enemy flight, Darius inverting and dropping down before to pick up some momentum, then pulling up after surpassing Shazam to drop in behind Jen again. There were working extremely well, also.

"Stay close, seven- we're going to fly right into the center of that formation- hear?"

"Got you one." Just then Kaph and Flight three was through the flame at full speed and flying low to the ground.

"Kaph Flight One- check the road for any other explosive devices or potentially harmful articles of equipment," Demonic ordered as he brought fight two into a sharp sprint upward into the heart of the battle, cannon's blazing and missiles flying. The arrival of Kaph, Nazgul and Aegis had brought the enemy group down five fighters- but it was one heck of a show. It'd been a while since Shazam had seen fighters of this number in such close vicinity...

"I'm being painted!" Toki exclaimed, but held to the element due to previous experience.

"Aiight..." Shazam dropped his craft below Toki's level and pulled the throttle to forty-five percent, his body smashing into the straps. "Picking up your tail, seven- break and join me."

(OOC: Alright- I gave us this many fighters because I don't to be able to take them out creatively. That means finding alternative ways to kill them other than simple kill shots- create buildings and barriers to crash them into or spare explosive charges, or find a refueling station next to a hanger, or fly into a hanger, turn around and kill them as they come in! Have fun with this- seriously. Be creative. Make tactics and goals, like "protect this, destroy that, secure this, find that..." Whatever- work as a team basically. Notice I didn't include Black Wing yet- they're still dealing with the five to six fighters remaining from the last group outside of the first gate.  Bring them in with style I want to be in the first ring by the end of the week and have the entire story finished by next week. Good? Questions, comments, concerns?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  899
June 13, 2006 3:31:09 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
"Alright nine, I'm cutting all power to the Anti Aircraft guns in ring three right now," said Jaden, putting his vibroblade closer to the wires, singeing the wires from the curcuit board.  He quickly wired the other two wires together so that it looked like their was a glitch, but the power was still connected.  The AA guns were no longer on automatic fire, but they would now target no fighters at all.

"I'm reading three AA guns down, now for the turrets.  Make sure you open that bottom left control panel this time," said Trevor, "Don't mess this up man, or we could be flooded with guards in here"

Jaden crouched down to the bottom and leftmost panel and opened it up.  The wires were in a basic red-blue, green-yellow pattern.  Jaden disconnected the red wires, fusing them with the green wires, disconnected the yellow wires, and fused them with the blue wires.  It had the same reverse affect that the dummy wiring had on the AA guns, making it so they looked like they were online and targeting fighters, but really they were just making blank shots into the air at nothing at all.

"Alright nine, I'm finished," said Jaden, "Whats the status?"

"Auto Turret mainframe is reversed along with the Anti Aircraft guns in the 3rd ring.  Nice job," said Trevor

Jaden slammed the panel closed and put the vibroblade back in his pocket.  The blaster rifle resumed it's previous position in his back holster.  The silenced pistols that were found earlier seemed to be out of ammo, and only two packs of the explosives actually worked.  The auto defense systems were now down in ring three, so the imperials would now have no problem proceeding through that ring, but Trevor and Jaden had no idea what was going on in the air, or if as many of their buddies were alive as their were the last time the two pilots were in the air.

"Lets loose these uniforms.  By now, they know that they are missing two guards and a speeder, and that somebody else besides RS forces would have done it.  And I'm getting tired of carrying around all of this equipment belts that we don't even need.  All I need is a blaster rifle, a few blaster packs, a com system, and those explosives to get our asses out of here," said Jaden.

"Much agreed," said Trevor, "Btw, you can call me cowboy"

"Ah, you can just call me whatever the hell you want.  We need to get out of here, and back in the air where we belong," said Jaden, pointing up with a smile on his face.

Trevor put his rifle in the holster and followed Jaden towards the door.  He quickly sliced into the panel, looking through the mainframe for a nearby hanger.  2 and half klicks across the jungle and they would be across the line of bunkers, into the second ring, and at the hanger.

"Double time," said Jaden, "Lets move man"

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
FM/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Nazgul 1-2 (Nazgul 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

Post Number:  70
June 13, 2006 4:33:28 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Before the Battle

A small group of men sat at a secret conference in a secure room. They had been looking over files, records of the pilots that flew under their command. The purpose of bringing out the files was to determine possible RS threats from within. They had been going through every pilot in Phoenix Wing, looking for anything that was out of place. Vacations to places that didn't make sense, odd holonet meetings, and backgrounds that didn't completely check out.

They had started on a new file, one that was marked:

Than Sion

"What do we have on him," said the leader.

"Well, he was a farmer for most of his life," said a second man.

"How do we know that the story is true?" said a third man. "After all, he did come from a New Republic controlled world."

"His story is clean because we checked it," replied the leader. "We sent an operative to check out the location. The locals confirmed that he had lived there."

"That doesn't mean anything," said the third man. "For all we know he is in with both the NR and RS!"

"I highly doubt that."

"Why?"

"His parents were both killed by New Republic soldiers," the second man finally cut in. "He is genuine."

"Still, he could of joined the RS, they don't get along with the NR either," argued the third man.

A fourth man that had been quite the whole time finally spoke up, "you can see the sense of honor in his eyes when ever he salutes, the scowl on his face whenever the Empire is bashed by anyone. You can tell he is the real deal."

"I think that settles it then, he passes for the mission, said the leader."

Present

What was worst than my parents being dead for those first three years, thought Than Sion, was having to live the lie that my parents had been Imperial operatives and I didn't know. I had to go with it if I didn't want to be lynched by the other people in my community. The only reason cared about living was I needed to join the Empire to avenge my parents' deaths.

"Kaph and Nazgul- protect that vessel and secure the air from above! Let's go!" ordered Shazam.

At this point, there was almost no doubt the corvette was on the Imperial side. Its shields were being constantly barraged with enemy fire.

Sion lined up his fighter with the corvette and gunned the engines. He kept on the collision course until the last second where he pulled down under the much larger craft. He came out on the other side shooting, taking down two enemy A-Wings.

"This is lieutenant Bobert, my platoon is pinned down by anti-personal turrets and is in need of assist. We are marking out location now."

A dot began flashing on Sion's display, it was near by. The enemy attackers on the ship had also been thinned out from VE fighters.

"This is Kaph 6, I will assist."

He brought his fighter down to location. He noticed storm troopers hiding behind rubble and walls of damaged buildings. The four turrets were nothing more than mounted, double, heavy repeater rifles, but to foot soldiers that was a lot. With one run he took out the lightly armored turrets.

"Thanks six!" said Bobert.

Sion came back up the engage more fighters.

-----------------------
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  225
June 13, 2006 7:33:06 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Walking?" Trevor asked as Jaden started out of the room.

"Yeah, we cant take the speeder. They`ve probably found it already." Jaden replied over his shoulder as he peeked around the corner then snapped his head back inside the room.

"What?" Trevor asked, but shut up quickly as Jaden pressed a finger to his lips and then held up two fingers, pointed towards the door, and pointed at an RS logo on the wall.

Trevor pressed himself against the wall next to Jaden and listened intently. Soon he could make out the voices of two men. Both voices sounded indentical though, and it was difficult to tell when the current speaker stopped and the next one started.

"Hey, call security. Someone`s shot one of the hired guards." One of the men said.

"How do you know he`s one of the guys from town? And how would they get in here anyways?" The second man asked.

"Well, does he look like you and me?" The first man asked in a slightly sarchastic way. "He probably thought that whoever got in here was just someone from up at the compound and let them in."

"Oh, Alright, I`ll go get someone else." The second man said, and footsteps could be heard running off down the hallway. Trevor gave Jaden a quick nod and they jumped out into the hall way, blaster rifles trained on the man who was inspecting the body.

"Alright buddy, we`re going to get out of here, plan and simple. You don`t need to get hurt." Jaden said coldly, flicking the safety off on his blaster rifle. The man took a few steps away from Jaden, but then reached behind himself and pulled a blaster pistol with lightning quick speed.

"Nah, you should probably just take a seat boys. Even if you kill me, my brother just went off to get some more of us. You won`t make it out alive." He said, cautiously switching his aim from Trevor to Jaden. Within moments, footsteps of what sounded like 4 or 5 people could be heard coming down the hall way. Soon the people were in sight, and one of the pointed ahead and called back to his comrades, "Look, there they are! C`mon brothers! Lets finish off these two who are trying to stand in the way of the RS."

"Shit..." Trevor said as he dived back through the door, followed by Jaden, who reached up and closed it, hitting the lock button as he did. "Alright Jaden, what next?" He asked sarchasticly, expecting an answer that involved fighting their way out of the compound.

Jaden just pointed up. Looking up Trevor saw what Jaden ment. A large vent was above them, and could be reached if someone were to push a desk or something underneither it. Trevor got up and ran to a big desk and started pushing, the desk slowly sliding across the floor, making awful screeching noises. Jaden lent a hand by lifting the other end of the desk and they got it in half-decent position under the vent. Jaden jumped onto the desk and reached up, starting to cut through the vent with his vibro-blade.

Trevor could hear beating on the door and people yelling for them to open up. Trevor walked over to the door and beat on it from his side, yelling 'Quiet, we`re working on an escape plan in here!'. Jaden let out a quiet laugh and continued cutting, while Trevor kept beating on the door, frusterating the men on the other side even more.

"Alright, lets go before they blow up the door." Jaden said, motioning for Trevor to jump up into the vent.

"Gotcha. Sounded like they were setting stuff on the door anyways." Trevor said in a nervous voice as he hopped onto the desk and climbed up into the vent. Struggling a little at first, but managed to hoist himself up after a second of positioning his arms on the edge. Jaden was up after him, and they started off down the vent. After they had crawled about 25 feet, a loud explosion could be heard from the end of the vent where they had crawled in, and a small tounge of flame lept up into the vent. A moment later, a man`s head popped into the vent and looked around. It took him a second, but he spotted Jaden and was about to call to his buddies that they were in the vents when Jaden fired a bolt and hit the man straight in the head, causing him to slump over inside the vent.

"Quick, move." Jaden whispered and they started again, rounding a corner. They stopped to listen, and could hear the men talkign again.

"What happened?" One asked.

"I`m not sure, but I imagine he popped up to high and hit his head on the fan blade." A second said. Then the voices quieted down and stopped.

"I think we are good to go..." Trevor whispered, starting off down the tunnel again.

"Probably not, they would have expected us to keep going. They`ll probably be ready for us at any exit." Jaden said, following Trevor down the tunnel.

"Well, maybe we`ll come to the when we get there." Trevor said, noticing a vent above him. Heslowly pushed one end up and peeked out. Seeing the feet of someone sitting at a desk, he quickly lowered the vent and kept moving.

-----------------------
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  37
June 13, 2006 9:26:27 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Cyleaf straightened out from his immelman and proceeded back towards the group of blue ringed x-wings. The rest of the squad was faring in better shape than this rookie Zabrak pilot; he had two missiles left without target lock capabilities and minor shield damage.

Placing the throttle at full and checking his radar he watched as a bunch of red dots hovered together probably preparing for an attack. Just as he was checking forward he was rocked from behind by laser blasts. Pulling to the right he heard some transmission about aid than this line hit him hard, "The blue-ringed x-wings from earlier and a corellian corvette have offered their aid..."

Seeing an x-wing streak towards him sent dread through the Zabrak, he didn't know if it was friend or foe. Bracing himself for a missile lock from those advanced torpedos he again wished for more skill. The lock and the missile never came or at least for him. The fighter streaked past firing at the trailing x-wing and releasing a missile taking out Cyleaf's tailgater.

Cy was about to thank the pilot when he witnessed something he never thought possible. Blue-ringed x-wings converged upon regular x-wings decimating them. "This is Kaph 3 to flight two; did you guys see what I did?" Cyleaf asked stunned by what he just saw. "Yeah unless they are heartless, I think they actually are traitors" Demonic replied taking over command since Willtconq was no longer with Kaph.

The battle had gotten hectic, fighters began pouring out hangers and now Kaph 1 was assigned to patrol the road. Arching his Hawkbat towards the ordered position and taking a little juice off the engines Cyleaf headed straight up using his radar and computer to point out anything out of the ordinary.

Brushing over head over Storm troopers in white armor and watching them as some waved their arms toward him filled the rookie pilot with hope. Those guys are counting on me to get them home safe he thought to himself vowing not to let them down. Roaring past them caught the attention of a y-wing who picked up Cyleaf's tail.

As the ship drew closer Cyleaf's computer gave out a shriek as a turbo laser turret seemed to pop out of nowhere. "Watch out for hidden turrets, they seem to pop out of the ground here. I got one turbo laser" Cyleaf shouted over the com as he banked quickly to avoid the fire. Although he avoided his pursuer wasn't so lucky exploding in mid air fiery debris rained down on the ground.

Watching as bright blue lances of energy streaked past him, the gunner obviously mad at taking out one of his own lit up the sky tracking the hawkbat. Hoping that the sixty foot tower couldn't aim lower than a horizontal plane Cy brought his fighter as low to the ground as he could.

Streaking towards the turret a mere twenty feet above certain death Cyleaf began to pelt the base with linked fire. He watched as dust and dirt kicked up where he shots traced their way towards the tower finally striking the base tearing into metal. Increasing his speed he raked the fire up the tower as he climbed for altitude watching it catch on fire and sputter from its cannon.

"Turbo laser down" Cyleaf called over the comms as he came about making another pass up the road further.

-----------------------
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  901
June 14, 2006 11:02:34 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
A small grin appeared on Jaden's face as he came to the exit of the ventilation system.  The five men were all sitting in the room conversing about how they would get out of the room they were just locked into by their own enemies.  Jaden picked up the blaster pistol he had discovered earlier in the speeder and opened it up so the blaster pistol was in half.  By overiding the blaster pack in the pistol, he could basically turn it into a less powerful thermal detonator.  After crossing the wires and pulling the trigger, he had five seconds to drop it and climb 10 feet to get out of the blast range.

One one thousand...two one thousand...Screw it, I'm just getting out of here...

Jaden took one last look around the corner, pulled his head back, and fire spat up the vent system.  It was a small burst, and the flames quickly retreated after the oxygen in the area had been used up.  Trevor was crouched right behind Jaden, laughing at the fact that they had just used the enemies tactics and weapons against them.

"Alright there Cowboy, calm down.  We need to drop down this vent, open the next door up, and get over to that hanger across the way," said Jaden

"Bah, this looks way too easy," said Trevor, "Have you thought of all the possibilites of us getting killed on the way over to that hanger?  If one of those fighters zips by and decides to spit down some blaster fire on us, we are dead men."

"I don't think about what can happen because that makes me loose focus from my objective.  Just keep moving and don't look back.  If you see a fighter coming down, just keep moving," said Jaden

"If only we still had that speeder..." said Trevor

By the time Trevor was finished with his sentence, Jaden had already made his way down the ventilation shaft and into the room.  The previously white paneled room was now covered in black soot from the overide of the holdout blaster pistol.  The enemies weapons had been almost completely disintegrated along with their bodies in the explosion.  The transparasteel in the room shined in the reflection of Jaden's eyes as the door hissed open to the outside of the planet of Rameis VII.

Trevor and Jaden were keeping steady pace as they made their way across the small field that seperated the auto defense mainframe holding and the three hangers to the east.  Ducking in between small bushes looking up through the canopy of the forest kept them busy as they bumrushed into the area of the hanger.

When they arrived, Jaden crouched down, pushing his hair out of the way and looking at the fighters being dispersed from the hanger.  They were at a point where they could actually see into the hanger, and there was atleast a reserve of 4 X-wings in the hanger that had yet to be launched.

"Perfect.  The reserve fighters are still in there.  I really don't have much of a plan on getting in there, but when the next group of fighters is taking off, we are going to run straight into the hanger, blasters firin, and we are going to take off in those reserve fighters," said Jaden.

Trevor looked as if he was hesitant.  They really didn't have much of a plan, and this looked as if it was the only way of survival.  The two pilots were almost nothing on the ground; the only way they could do anything was to get back into the air and continue the fight to take down the cloning facility, which Jaden could see now at this point, towering over the trees just beyond the only ring that was surrounding it.

"Jaden, look there, the next flight of four is taking off.  Now is our time," said Trevor

Alright...this could be it

Jaden started on a full sprint to the hanger, Trevor keeping with him every step of the way.  They were at the hanger in nearly a minute, just as the fighters were leaving the hanger.  Jaden peeked around the corner, looking for any pilots still in the hanger.  It seemed as if that was the last of the pilots, but there were still a few maintenance personel still in the hanger.

"Trevor," said Jaden, huffing as his lungs attempted to fight for more oxygen to be refilled, "On three, go"

Trevor waited for the count.  They both simultaniously counted to three in their heads, and then they were off.  Jaden saw the X-wing that he would aquire.  It looked to be an old model, but it had been modified to quite an extent.  Trevor's rifle could be heard letting off blaster fire as he dropped two of the maintenance personel.  The other in the room dashed through the door to the alarm.

No time to worry about this.  Gotta get into the air and the hell out of here

Jaden climbed up the small ladder, into the cockpit of the snubfighter.  Even though he was used to be flying tie fighters of some sort, controlling the X-wing would be a piece of cake.  He wasn't so sure about Trevor's ability to control the snubfighter though, because he had never heard anything of his past training.

The canopy hissed closed as Jaden flipped the engines on.  Four engines were go and the repulsor lifts activated.  Jaden noticed the headset was sitting beside the seat, so he quickly strapped it to his head and switched over to the Nazgul channel, which Trevor should have done by now.  The fighter lifted off the ground.

"This is Nazgul two, I am in the air, Nazgul nine do you read me?"

"This is nine, that is affirmative two, I am in the air right behind you," said Trevor's voice.

"Lets get the hell out of here Cowboy," said Jaden, easing the throttle to 50% while guiding the fighter out of the hanger.  Trevor was right behind him.  The S-foils opened up on the fighter as he changed the angle with the yoke and pointed straight into the air.  The throttle was now at full, and he was rising into the upper atmosphere, turning towards the area of the dogfight.

"Nazgul two to Nazgul one, nine and I are in the area, aquiring nearest targets," said Jaden, "We are flying two of the X-wings from the reserve flight from Hanger B in the east sector.  Sending flight information now"

"Good to see you boys back in the air, form up on my wing two and we will get back to business.  It's pure chaos up here and we need to get some things accomplished immediately.  Nine, resume your flight lead.  You've lost one of your pilots, he defected, but you should be able to do fine with the rest of your pilots.  God speed men," said Shazam

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
Krius
ComNet Novice

Krius

Post Number:  61
June 14, 2006 12:20:31 AM    View the profile of Krius 
The Lion grew closer and closer, it's guns blazing. It was a beautiful sight seeing the red and green fireworks from far off, but once you were in it, it didn't feel so beautiful anymore. As they got closer, Krius could see a squadron of Preybirds flying in from the left, and two flights of TIE Interceptors coming in from the right.

This is gonna get messy Thought Leon as the two groups got closer together.

"You guys see those two groups that are about to go at it? Well I say we go help our boys out. I'm not sure if both of you have noticed, but pretty soon were gonna be in the middle of that. We'll probably get some enemy fighters on our tail, so lets try to keep that from happening. So were gonna blast straight through trying to take as much of them out as we can, and hopefully it will help our boys out and keep them from getting on our tail. Lets do this."

Krius for the first time today got excited about this. He had just gotten his first kill and was about to get another one. Switching his shields to the front, Krius then took some of the shields energy and put it into his Blaster canons.

Will pulled Starboard, and Krius and Atrick quickly followed. Now on a collision course with the enemy squadron, Will started giving the countdown.

"5...4...3...2...1 FIRE!"

The trio unleashed a massive array of linked fire on the side of the Preybird squadron. Krius watched as his targets shields grew into a deeper red and then disappear. The bolts ripping the front of the Preybird into a million pieces and then followed by an explosion. The trio flew right under the torn up squadron. They had managed to damage most of their shields, and they took three out.

"WOOOHOOO" Krius screamed in excitement. Then Atrick's voice screamed over the intercom.

"I got my first kill! That was awesome!"

"I'm glad you guys had fun, now lets keep going, we'll hit the atmosphere in three minutes."

I already got my second kill, wow, this is awesome.
As the Lion grew closer, Krius realized that it was going to take longer then three minutes. There were enemy squadrons everywhere; Krius couldn't imagine how so many squadrons could come from those two frigates.

"Will...I think it's gonna take longer then three minutes."  Will took a moment to think about this and then gave his answer.

"Yea, I think so to."

-----------------------
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 14, 2006 12:21:08 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2431
June 14, 2006 5:25:50 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Toki seemed a little more confident at his side and now that Jaden was joining up again- Let's show them a thing or two...

"Alright you two- we're going to start workin fast- I mean, really fast...  Whatever you see: just react as casually as you can, but still react..."  Shazam wasn't sure how to put it into words, but he didn't want them to be totally surprised at the motion the battle was about to take for them.

Jaden chuckled slightly, a bit menacing in the X-wing.  "Heh- alright, One."

Toki dropped in front of Jaden so that he'd have her tail and said-"Right behind, One."

Shazam didn't reply immedietly, he seemed to be speaking to someone on a private channel, but it was barelly noticable, because they were suddenly climbing right into the center of an enemy formation.  Three of the Kaph fighters being chased by practically an entire squadron so when the trio of Nazguls started lighting them up in a hit and run, five A-wings were on them.

"Right- just stay calm..."  The group had been heading up as Shazam said this but a quick hit in throttle reduction as well as a high 'g turn brought Shazam spiralling downward, past his own allied fighters.  Only getting a few shots off as he dropped, Shazam quickly recovered as Jaden and Toki split.  Three picked up Toki and the rest on Jaden.

"Sweep the ground forces, three..."  Shazam seemed calm as he totally ignored his friend being chased by two enemy A-wings.

"Getting painted here!"  Jaden retorted.

"Doesn't matter- so is she.  Go low!"  Shazam was no longer listening to Jaden as he began a death throw toward the enemy ground forces.  "Break whenever you feel like is, Seven..."  Toki hadn't complained yet, which was nice, but the three A-wings were sending pretty triumphant volleys of cannon fire into her rear shields.  Shazam was facing back up again as she was bringing her craft as well as her pursuers down.

"Breakin now, One."  The Aggressor rolled hard to starboard as Shazam let off a linked burst into the medium shielded front end of the lead A-wing.  Rolling to port, the lead shook off Shazam but the next fighter right behind him recieved a point blank range, linked burst right into the unprotected portion of his fuselage, causing it to rotate at first then explode in the common, but tremendous manner.  The third and final fighter was  past Shazam and looping up to continue on his route with Toki- but Toki was gone.

"Pickin up your tail, One." The shieldless A-wing from before was practically on top of him, but Toki was right there.  After a few sporatic burst of auto fire, the A-wing pulled off to save it's own skin, leaving Shazam to go rip someone's head off.  Aw- fresh meat...  The only unharmed A-wing out of the group was fluttering around looking for a group to join when Shazam picked up on him rather ferociously.  Approaching at a ninety degree angle, Shazam let off a round of auto fire into the port shields, scaring the A-wing into a roll in the opposite direction.  Shazam finally passed and began a high loop to bring him down on the A-wing's tail- but it was anticipated.  Ganna try and outrun me, eh? he thought, noting the fashion in which the enemy fighter dived.  Well- you're ganna earn it...  Shazam converted as much power as he could to his engines without overloading them and sent his fighter into a similar dive, slowly gaining on the paranoid A-wing. 

"Wanna hear a story little fella?"  Shazam began to whisper to himself as the A-wing began to pull up so he could skim the forest line.  "Lemme think how it starts...  I'm always so bad at these things...  Well- an Imp, RS and NR guy walk into a bar..."  Shazam used the leveling out to his advantage, cutting the distance between he and his opponent drastically.  Converting the energy he'd put into his shields to his cannons, he began a random sequence of fire.  "The Imp says to RS guy- buy me a drink.  The RS dude doesn't wanna start a fight so he quickly obliges the man..."  Another quick burst, this time to the right- the two of them making their way up the lowest, but least predictable portion of the Left Rystos.  "A little while later, the NR guy tells the RS dude to buy him something to eat.  Again- not wanting to create complications, the RS fellow buys for the NR guy."  A coordinated and obvious burst to the left sent the RS pilot barelling right- things were becoming more predictable for him as they climbed into a region full of peaks.  "A little bit after the NR guy asked for the food, the RS dude decides he wants to get something back from each of them.  So he ask the Imp first, then the NR guy for a light...  They both say no."  Shazam let off another burst in almost the exact location two shots ago, letting the RS pilot understand the pattern, but squeezing it just enough to make it look serious.  "Frustrated, the RS guy says to the both of them- just cause we aren't on the same side doesn't mean we can't show a little decency.  Look how generous I was!"  Shazam let off one more burst to the left, hopefully not to obviously.  They were coming up on a very sharp peak...  "Then the Imp and NR give eachother a look and say- but we're RS.  We just have a higher rank- so you had to give us the food!"  Shazam smiled wryly as he let one of the patterned shots just nick the back shields.  "D'you see?  You guys just don't know who's on who's side.  But the moral to the story is-"  Shazam let the next burst to the right of the craft go in very tight, the RS pilot juking just in time to dodge it, but run himself into the hind side of the cliff.  "Assume nothing."  Been over this hill three times now...  Shazam laughed at how the story had little to do with anything and began to proceed back when he heard Jaden make a whoop.

"Thank-you ground forces!"  So they'd fired into the sky as he'd asked...  Then-

"We've got a reading on what could be a shield generator!"  Back to work...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited June 14, 2006 6:55:32 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  228
June 14, 2006 7:02:45 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor was about to hop into an X-wing when he noticed something else in a smaller hanger off to the side. He saw Jaden rushing to get ready but jumped down from the X-wing and sprinted over to the hanger. Inside, he found a highly modified Y-wing Bomber, and a tech who was hiding in a corner.

"This thingy able to fly?" Trevor asked the tech, who covered his face when Trevor looked at him.

"J-j-Just. I just finished it." The tech stuttered, picking up a wrench as if to defend himself.

"I`m taking it." Trevor said, as he climbed into it and slid a headset on, followed by a helmet. ?He pulled on a set of gloves that was laying on the controls and styarted the engines up. He reached up and grabbed the viewport, pulling it down to get it started, the motors finishing the job for him. The tech, now full of courage, had gotten up adn was running towards the fighter. Trevor fired the cannons and blew the hanger doors open, just as the tech started hitting the cockpit glass with his wrench.

Trevor made a rude hand guesture and punched the throttle, rocketing out of the hanger, the tech losing his balance instantly and falling to the ground.

"This is Nazgul two, I am in the air, Nazgul nine do you read me?"

"This is nine, that is affirmative two, I am in the air right behind you," said Trevor's voice.

"Nazgul two to Nazgul one, nine and I are in the area, aquiring nearest targets," said Jaden, "We are flying two of the X-wings from the reserve flight from Hanger B in the east sector.  Sending flight information now"

"Actually Jaden, I`m in a Y-wing." Trevor said meekly, but no one acknowledged it. He shrugged his shoulders and started towards the coordinates that Shazam had sent him.

Aw man, this brings back memories. He thought to himself as he pushed the control yoke around a little bit, getting use to the fighter. I wonder what he ment by modified though...seems stock to me.

Just as he said this, he checked his payload. Woah! 50? Thats more then double the regular amount. And I bet as I drop those I`ll go faster, because im already at the stock top speed. I should be going way less then this. He thought as he started to grin. This could be some serious fun.

As they approached the second ring, Trevor started to lookg for places to drop bombs. He saw one of the AA turrets, and hoped it wouldn`t notice him as he got closer. It did, but hesitated in firering, aparrently because he was in a Y-wing not a TIE. That cover would be blow quickly enough though, as Trevor got himself a bombing lock on the tower and once he got within range, dropped the bomb. It launched itself out of the bomb bay and fell through the air towards the tower, detonating at the base of the tower. This awakened the tower to his enemy side, and began turning to get a lock on him. He heard an alarm go off but ignored it, and dropped another bomb. This crippled the tower, but not before it could launch a missile.

He let out a sigh as he pulled up hard on the yoke, throwing the fighter into a very small loop, which would have looked more like a backflip than anything. This gave him a tiny bit more speed as he shot towards the ground though, and as he approached, he cut the power to his engines and just costed to the ground, pulling up as he got closer and letting the craft 'slide' towards the ground, nose pointing towards the sky. As soon as he got within 10 meters, he powered up the engines, and as they kicked in, he got within a few feet of the ground. The engines then kicked in and shot him towards the sky. The missile couldn`t follow the complex menuever though, and managed to plow itself into the ground.

Trevor let out a sigh of relief and let out over the comm, "See why I love these things?!" Which he immediatly shutup after, not knowing what kind of response he would get, but kept smiling to himself anyways.

-----------------------
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  271
Total Posts:  367
June 14, 2006 10:57:10 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Either these pilots are really bad, Jen and I are just that good, or A-wings handle aweful in the atmosphere.  Jen and Darius had just finished off another trio of A-wings. 

"Five hear, how you holding up six?" Jen chimed in, her mood set to perky.

"My shields are at sixty-five percent and I haven't spent a missile yet," Darius replied.  "How 'bout you?"

"Well, shields are at twenty-five percent and I have two missiles left."  She sounded slightly disappointed with her stats compared to Darius.

"That's great, considering you took that Stick head on," he replied back, trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, I suppose so."

"Cut the chatter!" Shazam violently cut in.  "Hold that thought."  The next few moments, Darius and Jen could hear Shazam grunt and groan as he pulled off several difficult rolls and maneuvers that had to have make him light headed from the G's he was pulling.  "We've another squadron coming in.  I'm not positive on the ID.  I haven't seen many craft that look like these.  They're on an intercept for the Correllian corvette, and they look menacing.  Bail a couple of the Blues out and pull them with you.  Maybe they'll be able to give you some more information on how to handle the craft."

"Copy that One, on our way," Jen answered.

A loud explosion burst through the comlink.  "Take that bi'atch.  Force be with you Jen and Dar, I'm sending you into a unknown predicament, but I wouldn't pick anybody else."  I hope I don't get them killed, he thought to himself.  If I know Darius, which I don't really but I'm getting off topic in my thoughts, he'll know exactly what kind of craft they are and how to hand them. 

"Ok five." Darius began plotting and creating contingancy plans for any possible worst case scenarios after he got a good look at the incoming craft.  He cursed under his breath.  "We've got some Hapan Miy'tils coming at us.  I'm assuming the pilots will be very difficult to deal with, and the craft possibly either snuck away from the Hapan Battle Dragon, or they were tranfered planet-side.  Anyway, our blue friends are still dealing with the Sticks.  Even though the Sticks our out-numbered by a few, they're still a worthy adversary.  If we jump into the fight with the X-wings, we'll either make the Stick run, or we'll kill them.  I'm going to assume that they'll run, based on the fact that you single handedly killed one of their own, and you're a marked woman.  So we get the Blues and start from there.  The miy'tils are still far enough away to give us roughly ten minutes to do so."

"Well six," Jen started, sounding confident, "all of your plans have worked thus far.  Let's go get 'em."

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
-----------------------
FM/MCPO Darius Pursius/Nazgul 2-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B] [CB*] [CBV]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  39
June 15, 2006 3:26:16 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Though the road from the turbo laser appeared to be clear of turrets or anything big it still had some RS ground forces in armor waiting to ambush the VE troops. Dodging the ground to air missiles fired from them Cyleaf blasted ten soldiers from this world with laser fire. Continuing on he noticed that up ahead looked like an exposed power converter for a shield generator. Why would they have this on the outside of a shield he thought to himself as he radioed the nearest army units.

"Kaph 3 to the lead AT-STs on the road below me, I got what appears to be a power converter ahead of your position about 2 clicks and to the north, think you boys can take it out?" he asked. "By the way it doesn't look guarded, nothing indicates any hostiles are in the area" Cy added as he swung the Hawkbat about.

Coming up behind the grey machines and flying cover no fighter or ground troops jumped out to meet the approaching force. The AT-STs shot out bolts of red laser at the converter, though they hit the mark small blue dots appeared reflecting the blasts. A shielded converter Cyleaf's gut began to tingle, something felt wrong. Just at that instant the converter opened up like a Kadu egg down the center, a turbo laser turret began to rise out of the ground.

"Pull back!" Cy cried over his com to the ground force but it was too late, green bolts of death spewed forth making short work of the scouts. "Demonic, could use some help over here" the Zabrak called out over his comlink as ground troops, assault tanks and an extra turret popped up from a hidden bunker.  "On my way 3" Demonic replied as Cy began to dodge turbo laser fire, though from two turrets he wouldn't be able to keep up the pace.

Almost as if they could read his mind two AT-ATs, four AT-STs as well as a slew of ground troops began to converge on the trap. Fire spewed forth from both ATs taking out the shields of one turret while the STs filled it full of holes making a glorious explosion.  Thanks for taking out the turret, though I am probably going to be in hot water for literally walking those walkers into that trap the disheartened Zabrak thought it was another mistake to add to the growing tally.

Though the battle below raged on as the Imperial forces battled to over take the bunker and Cyleaf doing his part to thin out the ground troops was no easy task. Tanks shelled the air around him changing targets from the ATs and STs to him the whole while turbolaser and rockets were pelting random targets.

More ground forces poured from the hidden bunker, if the ATs or STs didn't take out the turret and Demonic didn't get here fast he just might have gotten himself into more krispic than he could chew Cy thought to himself as he banked hard his shields wavered some from the gloseness of that turbo laser shot.

-----------------------
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Novice

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  40
June 15, 2006 8:30:08 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
As if to help settle his worries the second turret went up in flames though so far the cost had been mighty. Only one AT and one ST stood standing the others were burning wrecks of flame. To add more salt to a wound three x-wings appeared heading for the skirmish.

Cyleaf dodged left and pulled up as a missile launched from a tank just missed him by a hair, but his fighter rocked as a laser fired from another tank hit his shields. Ah I am bantha fodder if I don't get help soon, the disheartened Zabrak thought as he again spun about and began to pelt a tank with laser fire.

The hawkbat began to take more fire though from the lesser weapons the ground forces carried, hardly affecting his shields, but Cy was in awe at the multi-colored rain that seemed to com up from the ground. Cheering to himself as the tank exploded taking some RS troopers around with it the x-wings had joined the fight.

"I know you guys are busy down there but can you lend a Zabrak a hand, three to one up here is crappy odds, or so I have been told" he called down to the ground forces. Increasing his front shields the hawkbat maneuvered to meet the x-wings head on. Lining the middle one up in his target interface Cyleaf began to let loose with linked blasts pelting its shielding.

Watching his own shields batter down he increase all but 10% from the rear to the front, this was where the most action was for him. His shields began to waver as two huge red bolts plastered into the right x-wing taking out his shields, followed by a hail of smaller red traces of death the fighter exploded taking out the center x-wings shields with it. Looking to his right he saw a hawkbat swoop in as if snatching a granite slug. "Sorry I'm a little late three" Demonic's wonderful voice spoke to him. Never had another man's voice inspired him as it just did.

Watching as his shields wink out as he squeezed his own shots, pulling up and circling around he had taken out a wing on the fighter and watched it spiral down into a tank exploding in a flash of power. "Well kid you sure got a knack for getting yourself in trouble" came Demonic over the com system "yeah well look at the battle down there" Cyleaf replied dodging another ground-air missile.

Checking his radar the Zabrak saw about 6 red dots heading for them, "Hey you picking that up on radar?" Cy asked, "Yeah must be something important about this bunker or they'd just let it be destroyed, prepare yourself they are coming in hot" was the reply.

Cyleaf swore to himself, his shields hadn't had enough time to recharge and by the time the fighters arrived he would be only at 50%. Wishing Will was here to give them a hand, though he didn't doubt Demonic, but Will had led him great and shown him some cool things and three on six was a lot better odds than two.

Steeling himself for another pass at the ground troops before their air back up arrived he noticed two other contacts had appeared from behind him where the rest of Phoenix Wing was. Looking back through his canopy he saw two blue ringed x-wings coming in hot.  They were closing in on them just as fast as the other ships were.

"Permission to help you fellas out" came a females voice over their com, "Granted, definitely could" Demonic replied. Cyleaf's grip loosened up on the stick, as he saw three x-wings, and three a-wings approaching, or that was what his computer dubbed the second fighter. Cyleaf had never seen an a-wing let along fight one, he gulped this was going to be another fun round of pick on the Zabrak.

-----------------------
Than Sion
ComNet Novice

Than Sion

Post Number:  71
June 16, 2006 1:40:06 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
I hate X-Wings, thought Than Sion.  One of the snub fighters had been chasing him for the last five minutes.  Sion took a sharp turn around a tower in attempt to throw the X off his tail.  No such luck, it was still on him like a Tusken Raider on a Bantha.  He flew down closer to the ground and went under a few over passes.  I just hope that this guy doesn't see me and thinks of...  Sion got an idea.

The fighter had flown over the row of over passes instead of following him under.  The Imperial Pilot jinxed and juked the Hawkbat to avoid the NR pilot's fire.  Sion pulled back on the sticks, bring the fighter up.  The TIE pilot kept on looking for the perfect location, and then he saw it.  It was a bridge between two buildings.  He thought for a few second on how he would trick the X into the trap. 

Then, without warning, Sion Brought the TIE to full speed and flew it toward the bridge.  The X-Wing was loosing ground on Sion, but he had to be careful for one wrong twitch could turn his fighter into interior decoration for some building.  He flew over the bridge at a height that would give the X the supposed advantage of getting a shot at the Hawkbat's belly if he went under the bridge.

Sion kept track of the enemy fighter on his radar.  When the X-Wing almost to the bridge, Than Sion turned the fighter 180 degrees.  Dots had begun to appear in his sight along with "tunnel vision" but he forced his mind to stay conscience.  Must get off shot...

Sion blasted one side of the bridge right before the fighter was about to go under it.  The bridge fell from one side, destabilizing on the other and... Falling on the X-Wing!!!  Sion stopped holding his breath and let out a long whoop.  It had worked, it actually worked!!! 

"Don't take too much time celebrating, six, you could get yourself killed," said Cyleaf in a friendly mock of Sion's philosophy for warfare.

"I can't help myself," said Sion.  "I just dropped a bridge on an X-Wing!!!"

"Wow," was Cyleaf's response.

"This is Kaph 9; I have discovered a garage that seems to be housing tanks.  Anybody want to join in on the fun of destroying them?"

"Kaph 6 is willing to destroy," said Sion with a big grin on his face.

Than Sion flew his fighter over to Skylla's location.  She had already began to take shot at the roof of the building.  But it seemed that it was more heavily armored than it appeared from the outside.  Sion also did a run over the garage, but it didn't seem to do much damage.  Sion was about to give up hope when he noticed that a fuel repulser sled was sitting next to one of the two large doors.  He fired a few shots into the tank and it exploded, putting a big in the door. 

Before Sion could do it himself, Skylla dummy shot a missile into the hole.  The rapidly expanding air inside the small building toppled over the walls, collapsing the roof on top of what ever was left of what was inside the building.

"Nice shot nine," said Sion to Skylla.

"Nice team work six," replied Skylla.

"I guess they are not going to be using those anymore," one of the blue ring pilots commented at the pile of ruble.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited June 16, 2006 1:44:34 PM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing Campaign 01: Shattering Fate  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:00:53 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 69  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >