Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  DD's relaxation trip
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  449
Total Posts:  1338
  RE: DD's relaxation trip
June 6, 2005 5:17:21 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
As soon as the first shot had come in his direction, Kairo knew the fight was going to be a little tricky. He also recognized that his opponent had purposely made the rest of his group engage in one on one fights to even the odds a little more. After the second shot, Kairo had been able to determine that his opponent was in the tree branches by the angle of the shots. Kairo was steadily getting closer to his opponent. Kairo knew where he his general location was. I'm walking a fine line here. He thought as he finished his dash forward and ducked behind another tree. Man I hate snipers. Especially when it's raining. Kairo leaned out once again to try to see something in the dark branches. No shots were fired at him. Ah. He learned how I'm tracking him. He's waiting for a clean shot, so he doesn't give away his location. This one is good. Guess I gotta pull out some. I wonder if this is the new addition Rizzit was talking about?

Kairo started to make another dash attempt, weaving in and out of trees and moving from side to side. He had only moved a couple of meters before he was forced to move behind a tree from another blaster shot that had narrowly missed his shoulder. The closer I get the easier it is for him to target me. Time for a new tact. Kairo looked up into the foliage and rain and decided this was as good a tree as any. Kairo started to make a slow and careful climb up the trunk of the tree. He moved slowly and steadily, since the branches and limbs had become soaked with water and were quite slippery. After a few minutes, Kairo had finally made it to one of the highest levels of the thicker branches. It was like a whole new world. Vines and branches were tangled everywhere. Rain poured from leaf to leaf, making it look like a beautiful waterfountain in spots. Stop admiring the scenery and stay on task. Man I let my mind wander.

He started to move out from his position across the unsteady ground that was made up of tangeled branches. He tried to move slowly, so the branches didn't sway to much and give away his position. He must be getting tired of waiting by now. He's got to know somethings wrong. Kairo kept moving in the direction from where the shots had come from, keeping a look out for anything out of the ordinary. Finally, he spotted an odd glimmer ahead of him and down a level of branches. It was almost undetectable, as if it was actually part of the branch but not. Camo armor, the little sneak. As he brought his blaster up to aim at the prone from, Kairo wrapped his legs around the branch under him. Suddenly, the rain started to get worse and the wind picked up. Kairo was forced to abandon his sighting and cling to the branch. Unfortunately, this gave away his presence to his opponent. Luckly, he was having the same trouble.

Then there was a pause in the storm, and each soldier sprung into action. Abadoning all pretences, Kairo lept up and bound along the tree limbs. Moving precisely without taking moments to steady himself. His opponent took this chance to lay down a spread of fire. Each shot got closer and closer, until Kairo was forced to drop down a level. They were now even with eachother, only a few meters apart. Kairo had holstered his E-11 and had pulled out two vibro daggers instead. One last shot arced out toward Kairo, but he had already expected that and had leaned to the left of the branch, causing him to fall from the last levle of branches. Kairo had a plan though. Even as he was falling, Kairo threw the two daggers at the branch he had now pinpointed as his opponents hiding place. He then flipped in midair and landed hard on his feat. He rolled into it and came to stop on the damp ground, legs aching and armor nicked in many places.

His opponent hadn't come out of it quite as well. After Kairo had thrown the daggers, they had sizzled in the rian as they sailed through the air. They had hit with perfect unison the tree branch right behind his opponent. They were only able to chop into the branch half way, but that was enough. The weight of Kairo's opponent caused the branch to crack and fall. His yell of dismay was drowned out by a clap of thunder as he fell to the ground, crashing through a few branches along with the one he was on. Luckily, they had only been a few meters above the ground, and Kairo's opponent only had the wind nocked out of him plus a few bad bruises. Kairo Stood up on his wobly legs and started to walk over, blaster trained on the fallen soldier. Man my legs are going to kill me later. I hope he's ok. Didn't want to really hurt him. As Kairo approached, the trooper gave out a low moan and sat up. He had apparently been knocked out from the impact of the ground. When he saw Kairo, he emediatly tried to grab for his rifle. "Aa aa aaa. Don't pick up that blaster," Kairo warned. "I don't want to have to stun you. Waste of energy. We both know you lost anyways. That was one mean fight you put up though. What's your name?"

"Tay'Ren Vai, sir. I thought for sure I had you at the end there." The trooper replied from the ground. "Can I get up atleast?"

"Sure. Follow me. This was the end of the course anyways. I have to round up my squad and see how they did. Might even have to finish off one of your buddies. No interference if I have to thought, or I will stun you. And I have heard that a lot. I always seem to pull the wildest stunts sometimes. I'm lucky I don't look worse than I do now. Oh, and welcome to the DarkDragoons Tay. I already know you were the new addition from yesterday. Rizzit told me. I can already tell you will be a nice addition. No try to keep up." With that, the two figures moved into the jungle in search of the rest of Kairo's team.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  307
Total Posts:  1305
June 6, 2005 9:26:55 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Arrow was still behind the boulder, shooting randomly into the trees. Rizzit's troops were obviously a disciplined bunch. They hadn't fired a shot in quite some time now.

Squall touched his index and middle finger up to the ear piece on his helmet.

"Looks like Kairo's team is done. You dont really want him to beat us by too much do you?" yelled Squall over the noise of the rain and Arrow's blaster bolts.

Giovanni was deep in thought.

"Arrow... ARROW!"

The massive wookie stopped firing and looked over to listen to Giovanni's call.

"Stop shooting, I have an idea." The three Dragoons huddled up and Giovanni picked up a small branch and began to draw in the mud. "Now Arrow, youre not afraid of getting a little stung are you?"

Arrow made a low noise that Giovanni was certain was a laugh of some sort.

"Very well. Arrow will lead the charge. Squall, you run up next to me. I dont know exactly where they are, but I do know theyre in the patch of trees to the left of the path we took here. I haven't seen a single one of them cross over yet. They're not expecting us to run out in the open, so lets take advantage of this and try to get into position by that fallen tree trunk over there and shoot our way out of this mess..."

Giovanni raised his hand, and Squall and Arrow awaited the singal. He made a fist and Arrow ran out, strafing across the clearing. A split second later Squall and Gio sprinted over and dove behind the massive trunk on the ground.

Arrow uttered a series of growls and roars.

"Arrow says he can go up into the trees and maybe pick a few of them out. We'll have to move forward though, and co-ordinate our attacks, cause if anyone else sees that furball up there hes a sitting duck." said Squall.

"Sounds good to me," said Gio. Squall signaled over to Arrow and he lept up into a tree and quickly dissapeared into the canopy above.

Giovanni had his back turned to the trunk on the ground. Squall nodded over to him. The two dragoons jumped over the side of the trunk and brought up their weapons. They could hear at least three people shouting off into the distance. Blue bolts began to scorch the air around them.

"Supressing Fire!" yelled Giovanni. He had always wanted to say that.

Squall acknowledged this and began to lay down accurate blaster fire onto the enemy position. In the midst of all the ruckus, two bolts came down from a tree above them and took out a trooper. Before the second could even look up and point arrow out, A bolt from Giovanni's rifle nipped him in the shoulder and spun him before he hit the ground with a wet thud.

Everything went quiet. Only the rain, accented by the sound of thunder, made a sound.

"Alright put 'em up!"

Instinctively, Giovanni crouched down and brought his rifle around. He shot wide and got nipped in the leg.

He screamed an obscenity before kneeling down on the wet ground with his arms up.

Squall hesitated before throwing his rifle down at the ground.

Anytime now, Arrow, he thought to himself.

Before he could finish the thought Arrow lept down from a branch, knocking over one of the guards. The other brought his rifle up and took aim at Arrow.

Squall rolled over his weapon and fired 2 clean shots to the trooper's side.

Giovanni cursed again as he tried to get up to no avail. Squall put Giovanni's arm around his shoulder and the three Dragoons walked over to the clearing.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Marcus Nerva
ComNet Novice

Marcus Nerva

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  41
June 7, 2005 1:50:45 PM    View the profile of Marcus Nerva 
***Before Kairo's Post***

Marcus dove to his left, behind a tree as soon as the sharpshooters fired.  From there he saw that the others were engaging their own targets.  He peeped out from the tree only to be met by a blaster bolt.  From the shots, he knew the general direction of the sniper.  He then slowly looked out from the other side of the tree.  There he saw him.  The attacker was on the lowest limb of a tree about 25 meters from his position.

Marcus fired his rifle at the sniper; aimed to miss.  The sniper did exactly what he had hoped: ducked.  In the split second that he had, Marcus sprinted forward and to the right of his original position.  This threw off the sniper in that he n longer knew where Marcus was.

Marcus crawled under the vegetation until he was about 10 meters from the tree: there was no vegetation under the trees "sphere of influence."  To cover his approach, Marcus fired his blaster several times at the sniper; still aiming to miss.  He didn't want to be forced to stun him after all.

While the sniper was taking cover, Marcus quickly ran behind the tree and go up into its branches.  The tree was quite large, so Marcus still had cover.  He then quietly went higher into the branches and got directly over top the sniper, who was still searching for his lost target.  Marcus then wrapped his legs around the branch he was on and swung down, head-first.  From his inverted position, Marcus then lightly tapped the solider on the helmet with his rifle and said, "I can't  remember if I set this thing to stun or not.  Care to find out?"

The solider promptly surrendered.  Marcus was disappointed by the fact that he didn't really get to shot someone.

-----------------------
Private Marcus Nerva
*DarkDragoons*

TRP/LCP Nerva, Marcus/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Marcus Nerva (edited June 7, 2005 1:51:55 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  451
June 7, 2005 4:52:27 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
Kairo and Tay'Ren Vai had been only been searching the jungle before they found the first of Kairo's group. Sam was sitting next to a stunned trooper from the opposite side, obviously enjoying his victory. "Who's the trooper?" he asked as he got to his feet.

"This is Tay'Ren Vai. He's the newest member of the DarkDragoons. This was kinda like his proving ground. Gave me quite a hassle. I hate snipers." Kairo explained.

"This little dude gave you trouble? He's a newb." Sam joshed.

"Hey. I'm not that new." Tay'Ren said in his defence and got a better grip on his rifle.

"Ok. That's enough. He was just having a little fun Tay, and Sam, be nice to the new guy. It looks like you didn't have any trouble with your person." Kairo surmised.

"Yeah. I passed at the top of my class. I don't know how well these guys were trained." Tay revealed.

"That makes more sense." Sam said. "So, did you find Zafo or Marcus yet?"

"You're the first. And since you did such a nice job of stunning your opponent, you get to carry him."

"Man Kairo. Can't we just wait until he wakes up?" Sam asked.

"I don't want to waste my valuable vacation time while we wait for your trooper to wake up." Kairo taunter. "Now let's go find the rest of the group and meet up with the others. They should just be a little bit away in a clearing." The group then moved out with Kairo in front, followed by Sam carrying the unconcious trooper, and Tay'Ren in the rear. After five minutes, Kairo decided he had has enough searching and remembered he could just use his comlink. He turned it to the squad's frequency and said, "Come in Zafo, Marcus. You there?"

"I'm here sir. I finished off my trooper." Zafo's voice broke through.

"I'm here also sir," Marcus stated. "Mine's down also."

"Good good. Now where are you. Are there any big land marks where you are?" Kairo asked.

"Well. There is a massive boulder where I am. Does that help?" Zafo questioned.

"Yeah. I see it now. What about you Marcus?"

"I'm about fifteen meters away from our original position, but I do see the rock. I'll be there with my trooper." Marcus said.

"That's good. Meet you two there." Kairo shut off the comlink and turned to his group. "Let's go." Three minutes later they were all standing next to the large boulder, with two unconcious troopers. "Did you guys have to stun them?" Kairo asked rhetorically. "It doesn't matter. It just means your going to have to carry them." Kairo grinned evilly.

Sam groaned, and Zafo joined in. "Follow me. The clearing is right over there." Kairo informed. Ten minutes later, the group stumbled into the clearing that held Gio, Squall, Arrow, and four unconcious troopers. "Did you have fun?" Kairo asked.

"Loads." Gio said drolly. "I love getting shot at on vacation."

"I thought you guys were getting bored." Kairo said. "I'll make it a little easier next time. Well, Rizzit should be here soon. I told him to give us about two hours for us to reach here. That gives us about four minutes. Maybe they'll wake up by then. So... You guys ready to go back to the hotel?" Kairo looked around. Everyone had death in there eyes. "I'll take that as a yes. Ok, ok. Maybe this one was a little bit extreme. It would have been easier if it wasn't raining." His words were puncuated by another round of thunder.

"Ahem." Tay grunted.

"Oh, I'm sorry Tay. DD, welcome Tay. He's our newest member. He joined us today. Had to try to stop us. Didn't work out well for him, but he did prove himself quite well." Kairo said. Everyone welcomed him or waved from their positions on the ground. Kairo looked over and saw Arrow. His fur was clinging to his body. Nice look. Kairo wanted to say, but knew it wouldn't be smart for his health. Everyone started talking with eachother as they waited for Rizzit to arrive with the shuttle. They explained to eachother how they fought off their opponent, exagerating at some parts as comrades always do. It started to turn into a game on who could come up with the most outrageous tale. Finally, Rizzit arrived with the transport. By that time, the stunned soldiers had woken up. As everyone began to board the transport Kairo heard Tay'Ren join in on how Kairo finished him off by throwing large vibroswords at his position in the trees, causing them to both fall fifty meters to the ground while executing arial combat with their blasters. Wow. I never knew I was so good. Kairo laughed to himself. Once everyone was on board, Kairo moved to the cockpit to talk with Rizzit.

"So how was training?" Rizzit asked, as he moved the transport toward the city the hotel was in.

"Good. I'm glad you were able to get those recruits out here. Would have been a lot more boring if we had to fight drones." Kairo stated and sat down in the co-pilots chair.

"I had to pull a few strings, but I was able to get them on ground of having it be part of their real combat training."

"Clever." They arrived back at the hotel's landing pad ten minutes later.

"Well, I have to take the newbies back to the starport to ship them back to the training base. See you later tonight." Rizzit said as Kairo exited the vehicle.

"see ya." Kairo said before the ramp closed behind him. "Well" Kairo turned to the rest of the squad. "It's about thirteen hundred hours. The day is still young. Plenty of time for us all to get some rest and go out late tonight. Tomorrow's training will be at night, so we can stay up late. Tay, your going to bunking with Sam and Marcus. It is a three man room, so there should be plenty of room." With that everyone went into the hotel and their respective rooms to get cleaned up.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  271
Total Posts:  765
June 7, 2005 8:52:48 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
When Zafo got into his room, he immediately removed all his armor. Some water had gotten inside and soaked everything he was wearing. He got out of his soaking clothes and ran into the refresher station before anyone else could occupy it. The fifteen minutes he spent in there were very peaceful and refreshing. He wouldn't have gotten out so soon if it wasn't for the angry roars of Arrow wanting to use the refresher unit. Not wanting to start trouble with a wookie, who also happened to be his roommate, Zafo complied with the wookie's demands and got out as soon as possible.

After putting on some clothes, Zafo pulled out a small first aid kit in order to tend to the cephound wound he acquired during training. It wasn't very big but it was rather deep. "Wonder if this'll scar" Zafo pondered as he cleaned the wound and dabbed it with disinfectant. The overwhelming stinging brought a couple of tears into Zafo's eyes. When the pain had slowly faded, Zafo wrapped the injured part of his arm with a gauze like band-aid, in order to prevent infection and possible pain from being poked.

After he fixed up his arm, Zafo walked into the circular lounge area. It was empty with the exception of Gio, Kairo and Sam all caught up in a conversation. Zafo approached the corner they occupied and when the talking ceased for a second he asked;

"You three up for a game of pool?"

"Is there a table?" Sam inquired

"Yeah, I saw one down near the pool" Gio responded

"Well, then I'm down" Sam replied, getting up from his seat.

Gio and Kairo responded in a similar way as they got up to join them. The four dragoons proceeded down to the pool/bar area in which the pool table was located. Kairo set the table up. They had decided to play doubles. Zafo and Sam would play against Kairo and Gio. Zafo was given first shot. The cue came flying into the white ball which sent it crashing into the pyramid of multi-colored balls. They scattered across the table. Zafo watched in dismay as the the only ball that actually fell into the pocket was the white ball.

From behind him Zafo heard a deep unfamiliar laugh. He slowly turned around and saw a big man with two of his equally big friends standing there with their arms crossed.

"We will use the table now." The middle one barked, glaring at Zafo

"I don't think so. We're using it right now" Zafo retorted.

"Excuse me?" the middle one barked again. Zafo could see the anger building in his face. He also smelt the alcohol on the man's breath, but didn't think before he opened his mouth.

"You heard me." Zafo answered, not flinching or showing any sign of giving in.

The middle one of the lot walked up in front of Zafo and threw him onto the pool table. He half rolled across the entire table before getting back up on his feet, the three dragoons now standing alongside him.

"Hey. We aren't looking for trouble" Kairo said coolly. "Just leave us alone"

"You may not, but we are" The man on the left said as the three rolled up their sleeves and started advancing on the dragoons.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

TRP/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 7, 2005 9:03:42 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  308
June 7, 2005 10:52:55 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni hadn't looked over when the big three men walked up and talked to Zafo. He was too busy trying to figure out what his next shot would be. Zafo's body landing on the table and scattering all the balls caught his attention though. Kairo was still trying to keep the peace, but Sam and Gio were already picking up pool cues and approaching the men.

"What a coincidence," said Gio. "Cause youre staring trouble right in the face."

Gio looked over to sam and flashed a smirk.

The two dragoons swung their pool cues at the incoming two. The third one veered off to the left and grabbed a stool.

Sam's cue connected with the  man on the right. He began to choke and gasp for air as the cue hit and snapped over the man's throat.

Gio's cue hit the man's massive shoulder and broke away inflicting little damage. He seemed more annoyed now than before and he swung close-fisted aiming at the Corporal's face. Gio ducked down, barely avoiding the blow, and came up swinging. Two left hooks connected with the man's ribs, a third caught him across the chin.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the middle man, holding a bar stool, walking towards Zafo, who was getting off the pool table.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  794
June 8, 2005 10:59:26 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    As Gio was pounding away at the other guy, Sam looked down at his cue. It was broken at the end from where he hit one guy in the throat.
    The guy he hit was beginning to recover as Sam said, "You may want to stay down."
    The guy looked at Sam with a glare similar to that of a rancor. "And why would that be?" the man coughed.
    "Oh? You don't know?!" Sam laughed, "Well seeing how I just broke a cue stick on your throat, and it is now a bit sharp, you probably don't want another run in with it. Might get a nasty case of splinters."
    "Well, I ain't scared of no stick," the drunkard said.
    "In that case, how about I don't use the cue and just pummel your drunken face in with my bare hands?" Sam said with a glint in his eye, "Oh and by the way, you are lucky I don't have my gear with me."
    Then suddenly the man lundged at Sam. Sam quickly moved out of the way, letting the overgrown lump hit the floor.
    Sam then glanced over at Zafo, just as he jumped to the floor as the bar stool broke on the table. "Good old Zafo," Sam laughed to himself.
    Sam then jumped onto his attacker and got a nice grip on the back of the guy's neck. "Good night, you drunken little pea brain," Sam said as the guy's legs buckled and they fell to the floor.
    Sam got up off of the floor and walked over to Kairo and said, "That was fun."

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammer, that asshole will just put you into a false since of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  457
June 8, 2005 4:23:56 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
"Hey, we aren't looking for trouble. Just leave us alone." Kairo said, putting emphasis in his voice.

"You may not, but we are" The man on the left said as the three rolled up their sleeves and started advancing on the dragoons.

It's your funeral. Kairo cringed as he saw his squad mates easily block the drunken blows and deliver thrusts of their own. That's gonna hurt. Kairo heard the snap of the pools stick. I did warn them. The fight was over before it was really begun. Kairo had stayed out of it. Kairo saw Sam approaching and heard him say, "That was fun."

"It may have been fun for you, but now I have to deal with the officials. You guys better leave. Go have some more fun. I'll join you later." Kairo stated. Gio and Sam were about to disagree when they saw two officials enter the room.

"Hmm. You sure you don't need us?" Zafo asked.

"I can handle it. Your my responcibility anyways. Just try not to get into any more fights. And if you do, try not to hurt them to badly. Now go, before they notice your with me."

"Alright then, but that wasn't our fault. They started it." Gio said.

"Even so, we're trained. They're not. It makes us look bad. Gotta keep the image up." Kairo explained.

"Maybe. Oh well. See you later." Sam responded and walked away with Gio and Zafo next to him.

Kairo picked up the broken ends of the pools stick and placed them on the table. He then leaned against the table and watched the officials walk over. "What happened here?" one of them asked.

"These men tried to force me off the pool table. When I said no, they decided violence was the answer. I was forced to defend myself. I'm willing to pay for the damages they caused." Kairo answered.

"Mhm. I'm sure you are. What proof do you have that your story checks out?" the other securityman asked.

"Well, you have two options." Kairo replied smoothly. "Either ask the people around here to account for what happened, or check the holorecords, but I don't think that will be nescessary. I'm sure these gentlemen would be willing to say they started it." As Kairo finished. One of the attackers started to get up from the floor and grab the edge of the pool table.

"Wha happin'd?" He asked.

"We were just about to ask you the same thing." One of the officials stated.

"A I rem'mber was talkin' to 'is guy ere, and'en. wam bam, nothing."

"So he assaulted you?"

"Noo."  the bruised man slurred drunkenly. "We acts him...an i ferns... if they ould give us eir able. Then ey sssaid nooo...soo eee deided oo take it...by...orce....." Before he was able to finish his thought, the man fell to the ground once again.

"Well, he said it himself. He attacked you. I think, but I thought I heard something in that mess about others?" An official asked.

"Who knows. These guys are completely drunk. They were probably seeing double." Kairo lied. That isn't quite a lie. Just a half truth. Oh well, less paper work for me to fill out.

"We'll have to have you fill out this paper work, sign a few things, and then your free to go."

Like I said. Paper work. Twenty minutes later the two security men were dragging out the prone forms of the attackers. I'm glad that's done. What time is it now. Two thirty, still early. What to do, what to do? After awhile, Kairo decided to head upstairs and see who was around. Once he arrived, he saw Tay'Ren and Arrow talking with eachother, Squall and Gio were no where to be found, and from what Kairo could hear, Marcus and Sam were talking with eachother about explosives and blasters and how to get the largest amount of power out of them. What to do, what to do?

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 9, 2005 12:55:56 AM)]
Tay'Ren Vai
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  7
June 9, 2005 7:35:36 PM    View the profile of Tay'Ren Vai 
Tay'Ren struggled not to laugh as Kairo came back in from handling the drunks.  He hated fights like that, especially with drunks who had the tendency to throw up everywhere when disturbed.  He smiled and waited for something happen.

When nothing did, he smiled and walked off on his own.  He made his way to his speeder bike, then rushed off towards the woods, equipped only with his LJ-90.  He would practice some shooting in the rain before he came back, maybe a little after dinner, and in the morning he would be good to go.

He smiled and hit the accelerator, putting on a special burst of speed as he passed the range of the illumination of the hotel, and then hit his own headlights to cut through the rain.  It was a long trip to the forest, but it passed quickly as he though to himself.

These were mostly humans, but there was the Wookie.  He smiled and wondered if they harbored the same kind of hatred for the Wookie as most people did for him, or if the Wookie could avoid it due to his side.  He expected, as always, that it would be a challenge to gain their respect, an uphill battle of exceptional proportions, as usual.  He sighed and smirked a little, then watched to make sure the speeder stayed on track.
[This message has been edited by Tay'Ren Vai (edited June 9, 2005 7:39:31 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  272
June 9, 2005 9:09:23 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo walked out of the hotel and headed off towards Rizzit's Yacht. The fight had somewhat scattered his thoughts, he felt a peaceful little cruise through town in the rain would be quite fulfilling. He brought out his recently tuned Nightfalcon and started it up. The engine whirled quietly as he  pulled into a street, for once respecting the speed limit. He felt somewhat strange not having the force of the air pushing against his body as he forced his speeder to hit speeds over 200 km/h. It gave him a chance to observe and admire some of the city's unique architecture. The curves and edges were unlike anything he had ever remembered seeing before.

As he cruised down one of the main roads, one building in particular caught his eye. The bottom half resembled a huge upside down bowl and the top was a wavy pyramid. In front of it, there was a huge jet black marble statue of some sort of lizard the that glistened in the rain. Zafo slowed his speeder to an even lower speed as he turned into the stores parking lot. There were no signs anywhere to indicate what the store sold. The only thing that even told him it was a store was the small sign leaning on the statue that read "Half price on selected items"

As the door slid shut behind him, Zafo had to squint to see what was being sold in the very dimly lit room. Once his eyes had adjusted to the darkness he saw that there were all sorts of weird things hanging off the shelves. Weapons, armor, furniture, abstract art, mysterious items, this place seemed to have it all.

Zafo leapt at least a foot in the air when a shrill high-pitched voice sounded behind him. A short, big eyed fur ball was starring up at him. It caught Zafo off guard, so he hadn't caught what it tried to say.

"Excuse me?" Zafo replied, trying to regain his calm

"You looking for anything in particular or just browsing?" the furball shrieked again

"Browsing...for the moment. Exactly what kind of stuff do you carry here?" Zafo replied

"Hmm. What kind of cash you got on ya?" The high pitched shriekey voice had all of a sudden disappeared. He now spoke with a much more menacing voice and the innocent twinkle in it's eyes had faded.

"How many more times is this little bugger gonna do something to throw me off me guard?" Zafo thought to himself before replying;

"I've got access to my account which is currently holding close to half a million credits. That good enough?"

"Oh, In that case, please sir, take your time" the innocent and defenseless look had now returned to the creature as it hobbled off to the cash in the corner of the room.
"By the way this is a pawn shop, I buy things from travelers such as yourself and sell them to travelers, such as yourself. I've gotten so much mysterious and interesting things over the ages, I don't even remember what I have anymore. If you need to know what something is, just ask" The fur ball screeched from the corner of the shop.

As he searched amongst the very bizarre items on the shelves, Zafo found himself in a small area containing many, many speederbike upgrades.

"I wonder how many of these are actually legal" Zafo thought to himself as he examined what looked to be a speed booster of some sort.

"Ahhh, you into bikes?" The fur ball asked as it peered around the corner. Zafo nodded in response.

"That's quite the fancy component you've got there. It's name has slipped my mind, but it is quite the useful device. What kind of speeder you got?"

"Nightfalcon" Zafo replied

"Interesting, not the greatest of bikes at first, but they are very upgradeable. That thing you've got in your hands&speed booster, a very good one at that. It'll take you to your top speed and beyond in a very short amount of time. It is not a permanent boost, you use it then recharge it, which dosen't take much more than a minute. In fact, I insist you get it, I'll give you a real good deal." The fur ball said in a very sales pitchy voice.

"Legal?" Zafo inquired

The fur ball simply smiled; "The chances of finding legal things in here is really quite low. Why do you think people sell it to me? Because they know I will buy and sell absolutely anything."

"I'll take it" Zafo answered

"Trust, me you don't want to stop there..." The fur ball began

Before he knew it, Zafo had pretty much completely revamped his Nightfalcon. Aside from the speed booster he made some small permanent engine upgrades and had it's weapons to a 360 degree rotating more powerful laser cannon capable of switching to Ion mode. He also picked up a propulsion device which allowed him to fly and extra 5 meters higher. With the speed boost Zafo decided to upgrade his stopping system to his stop time would not be affected. The little fur ball decided to install all the components free of charge, seeing as Zafo was buying so much.

"That works out to twenty five thousand credits" the fur ball said as it punched a bunch of buttons on the beat up cash machine. "May seem like a lot but you'd be paying forty plus elsewhere"

Zafo wired him the funds from his account at the First Galactic Bank. When the screen flashed successfully the fur ball smiled and said;

"Thank you very much sir, Have an excellent day"

"I'm not done yet" Zafo said as he pulled his favored pistol out of his pocket and put it on the table. The fur ball jumped back and started to reach under the counter but stopped when Zafo finished talking "This thing has a hell of a lot of upgrades under it's plates..."

"Yes, I can tell" the fur ball interrupted starring at the pistol curiously "You selling it? Or looking for more upgrades..." the fur ball inquired

"The second" Zafo said sternly "I would never give this up."

"Well..." the fur ball said looking at a bunch of stuff behind the counter "I have these two things which might interest you. The first is a power cell enhancer. It's very small yet amplifies the power absorbed by the cell and increases projectile fire by about fifty percent. The second is a mechanism which will improve your rate of fire by a small amount and also give you the option to fire burst shots. A burst shot would be firing three quick, shots in under a second. Doing this will deplete your ammunition much faster, but its an upgrade worth having."

"How much will these things cost me?" Zafo asked

"Ill give you both of them for only five hundred credits. Real Cheap." The fur ball replied punching buttons on the cash, once again.

Zafo wired him the funds and took both pieces. These, he would have to install himself because the fur ball simply refused.

"If I'm ever on Cepany again" Zafo began "I'll be sure to come back"

With that he waved to the helpful fur ball and walked up to his newly upgraded speeder. The moment he started it up, he could feel the difference. The engines echoed with great power as he pulled out of the parking lot into the streets.

"There's no way in hell I'm respecting the speed limit this time" Zafo thought to himself as bolted down the street towards the hotel with speed and acceleration he had never before experienced on a speeder...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 9, 2005 9:14:49 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  497
Total Posts:  635
June 10, 2005 1:33:20 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall almost fell out of the elevator as he stepped out.  He was very tired, and it was almost the evening, but he still wanted to get out and have some fun with the rest of his friends.  Squall went into his room and showered.  After the shower he put on a nice pair of slacks, and a nice shirt to pair with the slacks.  He combed his hair into a nice form, and went to his refrigerator.  He would need some kind of energy boost to keep himself running, so he grabbed an energy stim, which would probably keep him up for the rest of the night.  Boy did Squall love what the stimulants could do for a person.

Before walking out of his room, Squall grabbed his blaster rifle and an extra blaster pack and put then in his chest holster.  Squall always had to be prepared for the worst.  He could admit that he was trigger happy at times, but he also liked to defend himself from attackers.  Squall didn't have a great deal of trust for some people, due to some of the things that had happened to him in his times of travel before he came to the Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps, but he had a great deal of trust for his Squad mates.  They were very loyal and friendly, which made Squall fell right at home.  He couldn't say the same for some of the people on Varonat, or some of the people from his home planet....

After making his way downstairs, Squall spotted Cassandra in the lounge, sitting there in a nice dress.  Squall knew she was waiting for him, and he hadn't seen her for a while either.  He walked over to the table and had a seat.

"Hey Cassandra," said Squall, "Whats new?"

"Ah, not much Squall.  I haven't seen you in a while, and I heard that your squad was back from training.  You seem a little tired," said Cassandra

"Yea, just a little.  I took a stimulant though, so that should keep me running through the hours of the night," said Squall, "How come you left so quickly the other night?"

"I had to get to work of course," said Cassandra, "Sorry to leavef you just hanging like that without a number or anything, but I was sure that I could find you somewhere around here..."

"Yea, well I guess we met up," said Squall, "Would you like a beer?"

"Yea sure," said Cassandra, "Thanks"

"No problem," said Squall as he pushed his chair back in and made his way up to the bar.  He ordered two ice cold beers from the bartender, and she was quick to deliver.  He payed the lady, and thanked her for her services.

Squall spotted Gio and the others playing a game of pool down by the pool house.  They seemed to be having a great time, and Squall wanted to go have some fun with them.  He though about it for a moment, then made his way back to the table where Cassandra was sitting.

Squall popped open her beer and slid it over to her, and she took a drink.  Squall chugged on his for a little bit, and layed it down on the table.

"Cassandra, you wanna go hang out with me in the pool house with my Squad, I would love to introduce you to some of them" said Squall

"Yea sure, but I can't stay out that late tonight.  I have more work tomorrow," said Cassandra

"Thats fine," said Squall, "Lets get going..."

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
TRP/CPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI]
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited June 11, 2005 12:19:51 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  465
June 11, 2005 9:11:21 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
Kairo watched as Tay'Ren left the room. I wonder where he's going. Kairo then decided to go back to his room for a bit. Stepping inside, Kairo moved over to his terminal and activated it. He then pulled up the headlines from the planet and started to skim. A riot today in Tobana square was quickly suppressed by local officials. A witness states that it started when a man began to make a speech, saying that the rule of Kadann was unjust and that the people of Cepany have been mistreated. The witness then says that the crowd started to get restless and cheers started to erupt. Then another man stood up from the crowd and defended the Imperial ruler. Then people started to yell and it degenerated from there. That was what one witness saw. Who knows if it was the whole story. We do know that local officials quickly responded and contained the fight. A few of the more boisterous people are now inside a containing cell for the night.  Kairo then went on to read other reports, most of them containing useless pieces of information about the weather and local accomplishments. There was one other story about the fight that had broken out, but it contained all of the same details. Turning away from the terminal, Kairo leaned back in his chair. I wonder what that was all about. I know Cepany is prone to revolts, but one right now. Naw. It was probably just a few people who had had a bad day and wanted to vent. Maybe I should go visit one of the local establishments for more information.

Kairo decided to change and grab a few more pieces of more concealable equipment, incase things got ugly. It's still early, but maybe a few people who were in the fight decided to cool off at a cantina. After changing into a dark pair of clothes. He then attached two holsters to himself, one on his chest and another to his side. He slid his Kylon-3 blaster into his hip holster and his Mynock Q33 Silent Slugthower in the other. He then put a small holdout blaster in his sleave. He also placed a vibroknuckler inside a side pouch on his leg. Finally, he slid his favorite cloak over his shoulder. It was the cloak that could both be the darkest of blacks on one side or shabby and dull on the other. He put the shabby side up, so he would blend in a little better. Placing a datapad in a pocket along with a comlink, Kairo threw the hood over his head and walked out from his room.

As he walked across the lounge, Kairo saw a few heads turn, one of them was Marcus Nerva's head. He ran over and asked, "Where are you going looking like that at such an early time as this?"

"I need to take a look into something. You can come if you wish, but it will probably get a little boring," Kairo lied at the end. He didn't know what he was going to find, and he was quite sure he could handle himself if worse came to worse.

"I think I'll stay here. See you later then." Marcus said and started to move away.

"One sec," Kairo said. "Could you tell the people that you find, that I think it would be fun if a few of us went out later. Whoever wants to join me can. Maybe around nine. Oh, and one other thing. If I'm not back in two hours, call me on my comlink."

"Will do sir." Marcus said and moved away.
It's three now. Plenty of time. Kairo then proceeded out of the hotel. It was still pouring out side, as he moved around to Rizzit's yacht. Quickly turning on his speeder bike, Kairo flew off into the pelting mess, cloak billowing behind him. It took him a few minutes to find the cantina he was looking for. It had stood out to him the first time he had flown through the city as the type of place ruffians would gather after they ran into trouble: Tangent Lane. It seemed to try to be an upscale establishment, but it was position in the bad part of town. Its sides were dirty and a light on its name had shorted out. Parking his bike a little way in a cleaner, safer part of town, Kairo locked it and started his walk to the cantina.

As he stepped through the doors, waves of varying smells blew into his face. Sidling through the crowd, Kairo moved to the bar. As he arrived, a large bartender with six arms asked him what he wanted. "Correlian ale." Kairo had grown to like the taste over the years. Once the bartender came back with his drink, Kairo took a sip and turned around in his chair. As he skimmed the crowd, he saw that there were a lot of people inside the cantina for such an early time of the day. As he swept the crowd with a keen eye, Kairo kept a look out for anyone who seemed to be nursing bruises or was trying to stay away from the crowd. He noticed that on the far side of the bar was a group of men who seemed to be avoiding people's eyes and only talking with the waitress. They were clumped together in a booth. I guess that's a good a place as any to start.

Kairo got up from his position, threw a few credits on the bar, grabbed his drink, and wove through the mass of bodies. After a few minutes, Kairo was able to grab an adjoining booth next to the group. Sitting down, Kairo hunched over his drink and pretended like he was just trying to get away from things. He then tried to listen in on the conversation the men were having. After a few seconds, he heard a voice say, "Man. I can't believe how out of hand things got earlier."

"Be quite." Another voice broke in. "Talk a little quieter, will ya. Our cause isn't entirely well received yet. There are still people who don't feel the same as us. Take the fight that broke out earlier today for example."

"Sorry Farrin. I wasn't thinking." The original voice apologized.

"It's ok Dart. Since your new, tell us how you felt about the speach today. Incase you didn't know, it was personally written by Grenton," a different voice contributed.

"Well," Dart started, "I still don't see what the leaders have done to mistreat Cepanians. I mean, we are getting along fine. Our economy is great, and people have jobs again. What is so wrong?"

"You sound dangerously close to a loyalist there Dart," a new voice threatened.

"Cool off. He has the right to ask. We are here to help this world. Violence isn't always the answer." Farrin spoke. "You raise some interesting points there Dart. Allow me to explain. I may not be as grand a speaker as Grenton is, but I should suffice. We may be getting along fine, but that is just an illusion. On the surface, sure, everything looks great. The cities are being fixed up and people have some jobs back, but that is all just a front. If you look closer, the buildings that are doing the best are government owned and those well intended jobs are a measly excuse for what we could really be given. Plus, taxes have slowly been raised each step of the way. It may not seem it, but they are. Grenton has a plan though. He is going to fix this broken mess. We just have to wait for his next order. Do you understand now?"

"Yes, sir. I do. It makes a lot more sense now. I don't know what I was thinking before."

Kairo felt a wave of foreboding wash over him. He knew that everything that man had just spoken was a lie. All of it was just a twisted mess concocted by a mad man who wanted power. He leaned back a little in his seat to listen more closely.

"What should we do know?"

"I think we've wasted enough time here. We should move somewhere else and see if we can get more people to join our cause. Let's meet up later tonight. Let's say... Boblebitt's... nine thirty... the ussual place. I'll see you there."

The group then started to leave the booth. Some of them moving to the bar, while others left the building entirely. Kairo waited until they were all out of the booth before he moved. Well. It looks like I know where we will be going later. Boblebitt's cantina. What time is it now? Four thirty, that is still a lot of time until nine. Better head back to the hotel. Kairo slipped through the crowd and walked out the front door. A few minutes later, he was flying through the streets on his way back to the hotel.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 14, 2005 7:24:16 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  274
June 12, 2005 7:32:02 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
A bolt of lightning ripped through the rain-filled sky as Zafo sped through an intersection, nearly smashing into a public transportation vehicle innocently crossing to the other side.  Zafo listened for the thunder, but never heard it.

"Either I'm going to fast, or the worst of the storm is still far off." Zafo said to himself "Both are highly likely"

In a very short amount of time after leaving the shop, Zafo found himself once again, in front of the hotel. He parked his speeder and ran over to the entrance lounge as fast as he could, trying to spare himself from the soakened state he already found himself in. Moments after he entered the lounge, Kairo came running in from the outside, even more soaked than Zafo was.

"Enjoy yourself?" Zafo said mockingly

"Not quite" Kairo responded. "Last I remembered, I had to put a limit on my speed so that I wouldn't completely smoke you on my speeder. Just a few seconds ago I found myself really pushing to keep up with you"

"Oh" Zafo laughed "Sometime when the weather is a bit nicer outside, I've defiantly gotta take you somewhere"

Kairo's confused look was all that followed

"Mad Upgrades" Zafo said, very straight the point

"Nice" Kairo answered, a childish grin spreading across his face.

"Hey! Do you two mind?" A voice screamed from behind the two Dragoons. The receptionist was standing on top of a chair, in attempt to intimidate the two Dragoons.
"You're getting water ALL OVER THE PLACE!"

Kairo and Zafo tried to stifle their laughs as the climbed the stairs up to the area the Dragoons were occupying. The news monitor caught Zafo's attention as he walked by to get to his room.

"Cepany may be looking at one if It's worst storms since the storm known as the Cephound disaster eighty three years ago..." The small man said behind huge spectacles. "I would advise many of you to stay home tonight" the reporter continued

"You hear that?" Zafo shot over to Kairo

"Yeah." He answered, he waited a couple of seconds before continuing "We may find ourselves heading out there anyways. Make sure you find yourself in this lounge at nine O' Clock."

"May I ask why?" Zafo inquired

"You'll find out soon enough, It'll be nine in just over three and a half hours"

"Alrighty..."

"Gotta change Into some dry clothes, maybe spen a bit of time in the refresher station, then I can bust out some of those upgraded componentes for my pistol and get em lock and loaded Zafo thought to himself as he walked into his room... 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 13, 2005 2:46:11 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  315
June 12, 2005 8:40:07 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni sipped his drink and sighed. He laid in bed watching the news.

Worst Storm in years eh?, he thought. He looked out his window. The worst is yet to come, it seems.

He rolled over to the left and rang up Squall. No answer.

He chuckled to himself. He sat up straight and put on a pair of loose-fitting black pants, put on his VE ARMY hat and made his way downstairs to the lounge. It was 7 o' clock, and there was a good chance he'd find some entertainment.

He waited in front of the turbolift and saw Zafo walk out. He was soaking wet, and his footsteps fell with a wet thud on the ridiculously expensive flooring the hotel had installed.

Giovanni sipped his drink, and sighed again.

"You look like you've been busy...," he said.

"That's one way to put it." responded Zafo, who walked past him down the hallway.

Giovanni walked into the turbolift. The sound of thunder resonated in the luxurious cylindrical compartment.

When he reached the bottom floor he scanned the lobby for a friendly face. All he saw was a disgruntled employee mopping the entrance, and a few locals trying to get a room to stay until the storm blew over. He still didn't think the storm was too bad.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Kairo decided to take us out for a relaxing trek in this weather," he muttered under his breath.
"Heck, I might even enjoy it."

He walked by the lounge and saw no one he knew, so he set down his empty glass and racked up the pool balls. He picked up a luxurious pool cue, and rested his right hand on the side of the ultra luxurious pool table. The rich mahogany felt frictionless against his hand.

He looked down the table at the cueball and could almost see his reflection in it. He brought the cue back, ready to strike. He shifted his weight forward and struck the shiny white sphere with all his might. The sound of the balls hitting each other at random was drowned out by the sound of thunder outside the hotel.

"That was a doozy," he said aloud.

He could tell by the murmuring and chattering of the other people there, that he was right. Half of them were now ordering their last drinks. Their night would end early.

Giovanni leaned over and once again, concentrated on the multi colored balls in front of him.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  511
June 13, 2005 9:32:25 AM    View the profile of Squall 
After taking Cassandra home, Squall came back to the bar and ordered himself a few more drinks.  Cepany was a nice planet, but it was a terrible night outside.  The storm was getting stronger every minute.

Everyone seemed to be split off for the night doing their own things, and Squall really had nothing to do, so he went up to his room and decided to get out of the place for a little while.  After packing a few weapons inside of his trenchcoat, Squall grabbed his credits and made his way outside of the building.  The rain was coming down so hard that it would sting the skin of a person who was walking outside without any protection.

It was definently a good idea to bring the trenchcoat along, because the puddles were getting bigger and bigger as he made his way across the city looking for a local weapons shop.  He remembered Zafo saying something earlier about a nice shop on the east side, but he said that there was a lot of illegal shipments coming through.  Maybe he could pick something up this time that would be nice....

Squall stopped under an overhanging and took out one of the beers he had.  Squall had cleverly placed a beer holder in his hip holster so that he could carry one around with him wherever he went.  Within a few minutes he would arrive at the shop....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
TRP/CPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
Tay'Ren Vai
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  7
Total Posts:  7
June 13, 2005 11:37:07 AM    View the profile of Tay'Ren Vai 
Tay'Ren smiled and sighted the leaf.  He tried to steady his breathing enough to stop the gun from moving...  He fired.  "Damn...the gun jumped.  Again."  He had to learn how to stop that.  He smiled.  He wasn't quite the marksman he wanted to be.  That was it for now.  He smiled and stood up, walking back to his speeder.  He climbed on and fired up the enginge, zooming off with the rain on his back.  Lucky it wasn't in his face.  He sped up, weaving through the brush to get back to the main road.

A while later, he reached the hotel.  He smiled and dismounted, walking around to the front of the hotel.  He carelessly pushed the door open and walked in, then made his way to the room where he and his squadmates were assigned to stay.  He dropped his gear on the floor next to his bed and plopped down.  The rush of combat was leaving him and he hadn't slept as he should have been.  He stared into the ceiling, waiting for the rest of the guys to show up and for something else to happen.
[This message has been edited by Tay'Ren Vai (edited June 13, 2005 11:50:09 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  277
June 13, 2005 9:24:00 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo brought his pistol into the small lounge area along with the two upgrades he purchased down at his now favorite shop. They were very small and compact. From the outside, it seemed like it would be rather easy to find space for them. At least, that's what Zafo thought before he screwed off one of the side plates. The inside of the gold plated pistol was jam packed with foreign components of various shapes and sizes.

"No wonder this thing packs such a punch" Zafo thought to himself as he tried to figure out how to hook up his two new pieces.

Zafo tried to make sense of the mix of wires and circuitry all the other upgrades created. Weapons upgrade had never really been one of his strong points. Luckily for him, he spotted Marcus stroll into the room.

"Marcus!" Zafo called over to the Lance Corporal "D'You think you can give me hand here? I bought a coule of upgrades down at a shop, and I can't figure out how to get'em in right" Zafo said, motioning to the parts spread out on the table.

"I'll see what I can do" Marcus answered, taking a seat in the chair on the other side of the small circular table.

"Hmm..." He muttered "I can see why you're having trouble...I'm going to have to redirect some of the wires and have some similar components double up with each other. Is that all right?"

Zafo wasn't exactly sure what that meant, so he asked the first thing that came to his mind; "Will that affect it's performance in any way?"

"None whatsoever" Marcus replied with assuring confidence.

"Then go ahead" Zafo said with a nod.

Marcus fiddled around with the small components until finally, he screwed back on the side panel and handed the pistol to Zafo.

"That is quite this pistol you've got there" Marcus said, somewhat bewildered "I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of those bolts"

"Thanks for the help" Zafo chuckled

Moments later, Kairo entered the lounge and took a stand in the middle of the circular room. He beckoned for anyone who was in the proximity to come take a seat. When the few Dragoons who were there were  settled, he spoke;

"We have something to do tonight" Kairo began

"More training?" Marcus groaned

"Not Quite" Kairo answered "Now, If I may continue. We have something to tend to. All I'm going to say, is we meet here at nine O' clock sharp. Be dressed for a covert mission, meaning no stormtrooper armor or anything that would identify you as an imperial soldier. If you see others, spread the word" With that, Kairo turned and left the room, no doubt in search of others.

Zafo glanced at a clock on the wall which read 7:30. "Might as well get my stuff together now. Doubt I'll be leaving this place anyways in this weather" Zafo thought to himself as walked into his room. He opened up his bag and pulled out a dark set of clothes and an black clock he had acquired during his bounty hunting days. The cloak, when worn with the shirt allowed the wearer to conceal several weapons without detection. A small frequency emitter of some sort, sewn somewhere between two pieces of fabric threw off metal detectors which was awful handy in getting weapons through to places were he otherwise would have had none.

Zafo drew his E-11 from his suitcase and fastened it inside his cloak. He looked into the mirror and smiled when he saw no evidence of his weapon whatsoever. He then holstered his newly upgraded pistol on his side and took a seat, once again, in the lounge area.

One hour to go&

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 13, 2005 9:34:25 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  513
June 14, 2005 10:05:15 AM    View the profile of Squall 
The message was quickly relayed over to Squall about the meeting at 9 o'clock, and he had just enough time to get some things for the covert mission.  The trenchcoat would definently work out here, but he would need to modify the specs of some of his guns.  Boy would this be fun.

After entering the shop, Squall's jaw dropped as he looked at the shelves of weapons and armors.  It was the most amazing shop he had ever seen.  But he kept asking himself why there would be such a super-tremendous shop on Cepany of all planets; the store keeper could easily move to another location and make lots of money.  But then again, most of the things were illegal, and Cepany didn't attract much attention to the authorities, so the shop keeper really didn't have anything to worry about.

Squall walked up to the desk where the manager was sitting reading some material that looked like a catalog.  Squall tapped the desk softly to get the keepers attention.

"Well hello, I haven't seen you here before," said the shopkeeper

"Yes, I haven't been here before, and what a great shop you have," said Squall, "My friend, Zafo, referred me to come here.  You saw him didn't you?"

"Oh yes, he is one of my best customers now!" said the shopkeeper, "I can get you a special discount because you were referred by my best customer"

"Ah, that sounds nice, but we should get down to business now shouldn't we," said Squall

"Yes....We should," said the shopkeeper, "What are you interested in?"

"Well, I am looking for a special kind of Duel Blaster Pistols....A legendary pair I read about that are on Cepany..." said Squall, "I suppose you have heard of them?"

The shopkeeper hesitated to tell Squall while looking around the room to check if anyone was listening.

"You mean....the pair of Cassus Fett's blaster pistols...." said the shopkeep

"Yes, would you happen to have those, because I am willing to pay a very large amount for them," said Squall, pulling out his large amount of credits.

The shop keeper eyed Squall for a few moments, then headed into the back of the shop.  Squall kept an eye on him to make sure he wasn't doing anything too sneeky, and withing a few moments, he came in with a metal reinforced chest.  He layed it on the desk with a thud.

"These...are the greatist pair of pistols I have ever had my hands on, and I am willing to sell them to you because your friend is such a good customer, and I would expect you to come back and purchase lots of more things from my store as well..." said the shopkeep.

"I would be delighted to, this is one of the greatest shops I have seen in my time, and Zafo really thinks great about this place," said Squall, "Now may I see the pistols?"

The shopkeeper flipped the two switches on the chest, and it opened with a small hiss.  The chest was airtight to keep the guns in perfect condition.  After taking out the pistols, the shopkeeper handed them to Squall very carefully.  They felt ice cold as they touched the bare skin of Squall's hands.

"Those are legendary," said the shopkeeper, "Please, take good care of them for me"

Squall handed over the credits, "Don't worry, I will," said Squall, twirling them around in his hands and then slipping them into his chest holster.  He took another drink from his beer and then exited the shop after thanking the shopkeeper once again.

Squall felt all powerful as he walked briskly down the street back towards the lounge where he was to meet the rest of the squad for something covert.  Squall made a quick trip to the local brewery and grabbed a few cases of beer to bring back.  Squall and Gio would have a nice time with the rest of the he had just purchased.

After arriving at the bar, Squall quickly ran over to Gio and smuggled him over to a secure place in the area.

"What are you trying to do to me?" said Gio

"I just purchased something that I think you need to see...." said Squall, opening up his trenchcoat and slipping the blaster pistols into his hands and lying them down on the table.

"Where did you get those!" said Gio

Squall started to tell him the story about Cassus Fett and his legendary blaster pistols as the time grew near to the meeting for the mission....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  478
June 14, 2005 6:42:22 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
After Kairo had informed the squad of the deadline to be in the lounge at nine, he had sent the same message through the squad's com-channel to the members who hadn't been there. Kairo then went back to his room to dry out his cloak and grab a few extra pieces of equipment. He passed Arrow on his way there and informed him of the time, but he passed no one else along the way. Once he arrived in the room, Kairo was surprised that Rizzit wasn't around. Is he still out in the storm or has he not gotten back from dropping of the newbies? Oh well, I guess we'll just have to meet up with him later. Those upgrades that Zafo had were pretty good. I doubt all he got were a few upgrades for his speeder. If the store sold that, it most likely sold other things. All this talk of upgrades reminds me of my old blaster. I wonder... As Kairo had been thinking to himself, he had thrown his cloak over his terminal's chair to let it dry, had unholstered his weapons, and had taken the holsters off his body.

Kairo then pulled out his suitcase. As he had been thinking about upgrades and blasters, he had remembered that he had once had a fully modified blaster. He had acquired it when he had taken a few months of leave from active duty a year before. This suitcase was the same one he had taken with him that fateful day. It had been so long since he had used it, that he had forgotten completely about the blaster and where he had hid it. Since a few of the modifications are considered illegal on some planets, Kairo had had a special compartment built into the suitcase. I wonder if it is still there. I thought for sure I had lost it. But maybe, just maybe.. As he pulled the top cover of the suitcase open, Kairo felt along the sides of it. After a few seconds of searching, he felt a small bump beneath his hand. He pressed it firmly and a panel with a keypad popped out from the side of the suitcase.

Dang it. What was the code? After a few seconds of debating, Kairo punched a long series of numbers into the keypad. The code consisted of numbers that stood for letters which formed a series of personal words to Kairo. Once he had entered the code, Kairo pushed the panel back into its concealed place and waited one second. He crouched there in anticipation for a couple of more seconds. He then decided it wasn't the right code, so he stood up and started to move to his dresser. Suddenly, the muffled sound of aged gears could be heard wurring inside the suitcase. Kairo rushed over and saw the bottom layer sliding aside to reveal his most beloved blaster. It really wasn't a blaster but more like a cross between a blaster and a rifle. It was about half a meter long. It was dark black with a dark red line moving along the side of barrel. An inscription of Kairo's original families name ran along the red line in an ancient language Kairo didn't even know. The grip of the blaster was fashioned out of ebony to fit his hand perfectly with a leather grip on the front. It was able to fire in four different modes: a regular, high powered bolt, rapid fire, a charged shot, and a stun shot. The regular shot of the weapon was extremely deadly on its own terms. When the shot is charged, the bolt that is fired can rip through almost any armor and take out the track on some vehicle or a component on a walker's leg. The rapid fire is extremely fast, but is not as powerful as the normal shots. The gun also had a retractable sniper scope that could be pushed into the top of the blaster. When it is in sniper mode, the gun only fires the charged shots. Its cartridge could fire seventy shots before it had to be replaced or recharged. Kairo had had it custom made for him by a master weapon smith. Kairo still wondered why the smith had done it, but he didn't care. He still had it.

Kairo laid his hands on the gun and pulled it out from its secret chamber, feeling the cold smooth barrel and polished grip. He ran his fingures over the bumps where his family name was engraved. He also pulled out its cartridge and slid into the blaster. He then did a flurry with the gun and finished it by leveling out with his eye. It's good to have you back, Dragon's Fury. How long has it been? Kairo looked into the suitcase once again and saw it's holster lying at the bottom. Pulling it out, he slung it across his body. The belt crossed his right shoulder and connected with his left hip, attaching to his belt, and the holster laid across his back, awaiting its owner. Kairo gave it its wish and slid the beloved blaster into its rightful place. Feeling the familiar weight on his back caused memories to rush into his mind. Pushing them aside, Kairo looked at the chronometer and decided he should go down to the lounge and give out the message to whoever was there. Before he left though, he replaced his boots and slid a dagger into the right one. He then attached his hip holsters and slid the Kylon-3 and Mynock slug thrower into them. He had placed a silencer on the slug thrower. He also placed two throwing knives in a hidden holster on the back of his belt. Too much. Nah, you can never be too prepared. I hope everyone else has planned to go with enough firepower. He then picked up and waved the cloak in the air in front of, so the remaining drops of water would be removed. Kairo then flipped it over and placed the dark black side to face outward over his shoulders. Making sure it was secure; Kairo grabbed his comlink and datapad and left the room.

Once he entered, he saw Zafo and Marcus off to one side and also saw Gio and Squall through a door that connected to the bar. Kairo decided to wait in a side corner of the lounge, so he could think on the different things that could happen that night and plan for each one of them. A loud boom erupted over his head as he walked over. What a great night. It could either aid us or cause extra trouble. We'll just have to wait and see. Kairo then turned on his comlink for the last time, "Hello DarkDragoons, you have fifteen minutes to meet me in the lounge. Time is of the essence, it wouldn't be good for us to arrive late where we're going. We might miss our chance. I would advise you pack a little heavy but stealthy. I don't know when we're going to get back, so be prepared with enough weapons to last through the night if we run into trouble. Don't get excessive though; make sure it is all concealed except for one or two blasters. The darkness will cover those. Remember; meet me in the lounge in fifteen minutes." Kairo then closed the channel and sat back into his chair. Another flash of lighting illuminated the sky, giving it a harsh beauty.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 24, 2005 2:05:39 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  281
June 14, 2005 7:39:37 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
When Zafo heard the fifteen minute warning, he began to have doubts concerning the amount of firepower he was packing.

"I do have my father's pistol" he thought to himself "But you never know, with these new upgrades in. Better safe then sorry, I guess"

With that Zafo walked across the room back to his room. Arrow was there gathering the rest of things together. He barked a short hello before leaving the room and heading towards the lounge. Zafo walked over to his massive suitcase and popped it open once again. He shuffled some clothes to the other side and found his pair of Rodian daggers lying in their decorative sheaths in the bottom corner. Zafo unsheathed them and twirled them in his hands.

"I remember getting these things like it was yesterday..." Zafo thought to himself as he recollected the time many years ago he was presented with them. They were a reward from one of his rodian clients and friend, Frey Purko, for taking care of a particularly dangerous assassin, ordered to eliminate him. Unfourtunatly, Zafo had not heard from Frey ever since then. He made a mental note to contact him as soon as possible.

Zafo clipped the sheaths to his belt then continued to rummage through his suitcase. He came across a case of explosives. He carefully opened it and saw a variety of grenades in front of him. He grabbed two flashbangs and two concussion grenades and clipped them onto his belt, just in case he needed the extra firepower.

He finished off by grabbing Kylan-3 Heavy blaster pistol with a scope and shutting his suitcase. He holstered it on the opposite side of his golden one. He took a glance at his watch and saw he had less than two minutes until nine. He picked up his cloak and scurried to the lounge where the rest of the squad was already seated...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 14, 2005 7:41:18 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  480
June 14, 2005 8:45:59 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  It's nine o'clock, and it looks like everyone's here. Good. Kairo moved from his position in the corner and moved over the where the members of the DarkDragoons had congregated. "It's good to see you all tonight. I know it's been a long day, but I hope you got some rest." Kairo heard a few grunts and acknowledgements from the group. "Now we have something important to do. Some of you may have heard of an incident in one of the towns squares earlier today. I decided to do some snooping and headed to one of the local cantinas. I was fortunate to find a group of men who were part of the riot. Some of you may also know that there is a large underground separatist group that has been showing its ugly head, once and awhile, on Cepany for the longest time. Their actions have become more and more apparent recently, which leads me to think that some form of public action is going to take place. When I was eavesdropping on the band of men earlier, I heard them mention a part of a name of one of the leaders: Grenton. He is going to be one of our main targets. I do not know of his location yet, but that is something we are going to be trying to find out tonight, along with anything else that this band of trouble makers is up to. Any questions so far?"

"Yeah, if you don't know where we are going to be going, why have us all meet here now?" Tay'Ren asked.

"Good question, but you weren't listening closely enough," Kairo informed. "I said I didn't know were Grenton is. I do know where the group of men I was listening to earlier is going to meet."

"Oh...sorry sir." Tay said.

"No problem. Now, we are going to Boblebitt's cantina. That is where the group said to meet. They will be there at nine thirty. That leaves us twenty five minutes to get there. We will be going in with our weapons concealed. I don't want to start any trouble unless trouble has to be started, which will probably happen eventually. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long night. I hope you're well rested. Once we arrive at the cantina, we will split up and move to different parts of the place. Some of you should go in groups of two. If you hear anything, tell me over the comlink. I will once again try to find the group of men and listen to them. Hopefully that will be possible. Zafo."

"Yes, sir."

"You're going to be with me. The rest of you can decide if you want to go in solo or if you want to go together. I don't even have to guess to know which two of you will be going in together." Kairo looked directly at the smiling faces of Gio and Squall. I don't know if having them together is a good thing or a bad thing."Ok. Now, if something happens while we're there, there will be no harming of bystanders, even if that means the bad guys can get away. The reputation of the Empire is what we are fighting for in the first place. Even though our identities won't be able to be determined, people can still guess. Anyways, keep your weapons hidden unless they need to be shown or used to threaten. You know how this works; I'm just breaking in the newer members." Kairo looked at Marcus and Tay'Ren this time.

"Any questions?" Kairo asked as he looked at the time. Twenty minutes now.

"One last," Sam stated. "You want us to go out in this mess?"

Kairo heard a gruff from Arrow in agreement. "Sorry Arrow, you're going to get wet...again." Kairo smiled. Kairo's smile quickly faded as one of the loudest claps of thunder shook the building.

Arrow roared in defiance. The rest of the squad let out a few nervous laughs. Kairo was even dreading the rain. "Think of it this way, the sooner we get there; the sooner we'll be out of the rain. It's only a short walk to the transport. Unfortunately," Kairo turned to Zafo, "You and I are going to be going on our bikes. Just incase we need to do some later work. I would let some of the rest of you go on speeders if you want, but in this weather," a rush of wind pounded rain against the hotel's windows as if on cue, "Would be stupid. I hate even letting Zafo do it. But we are the most trained in vehicle operations, so we will be fine. We better go now. Like I said, time is of the essence." The squad began to shuffle out of the lounge, flipping their respective hoods over their heads or putting other forms of protection on their heads. Once they arrived at the front door, all the heads in the room turned in their direction.

A pompous employee walked over to them and blocked their way out of the hotel, saying, "I can't let you go out there."

Kairo turned his head to look at the man, boring his eyes into the employee's eyes from beneath his hood. "We have business to take care of. We've seen worse storms before. Cepany isn't known for its storms, so you wouldn't know how mild this one is. I take full responsibility for our lives. Now step aside." Kairo said sternly and pulled a visor down over his eyes so his identity would be better concealed and so the rain didn't blind him. The employee meekly moved out of the way. In truth, Kairo had seen worse storms, when he had visited other planets and when he was a child on Dathomir. But in each of those cases, he had never purposefully gone out in them, and if he had, it had been for very short amounts of time. As he stepped out from under the hotels protective hanging, the wind and rain almost caused him to take a step back. Fortunately it had only been a gust and it quickly subsided into a calmer, but still horrible, storm. The group dashed across the open lawn and quickly entered the hovervan, including Zafo and Kairo. Once they were sure everyone was with on the transport, Kairo gave the directions to a slightly enclosed parking area that was near the cantina. "Wait for me in the van." With that, Kairo and Zafo went out to brave the elements.

Swinging his leg over his speeder, Kairo saw Zafo do the same and the hovervan move away. Unlocking the controls, Kairo made sure everything was secure and pushed the throttle forward. His speeder flew out of the area and into the almost deserted traffic lanes. Kairo was surprised to still see people going places and the amount of vehicles that were parked outside the various stores and cantinas, but he was only able to think about it for a second before he had to bring his mind back to the road. He was forced to fly low and slow so the wind wouldn't lift his speeder into the air and send him flying. The rain stung against any open skin on his body and his clothes started to slowly get wet. Fortunately, they were semi-water resistant, but that still didn't help. Kairo did a quick scan for Zafo and saw him a few lanes over, hunched over his controls as he tried to guard his body from the relentless down pour.

They arrived at the parking area ten minutes later. Only half of it was enclosed, and all of those spots were taken. Luckily, the rest of the squad had been able to find a spot next to the enclosed area, so they would be sheltered on one side from the rain. Zafo and Kairo parked right next to the van and hurried inside of it. Everyone's heads turned as they entered. "You guys look like you've been thrown into a lake and then spin dried." Squall joked.

"Thanks for the compliment. Ok. I want us to go in at different times, I'll go first with Zafo; the rest of you can follow whenever. Are you ready to go out again, Zafo?"

"Better now, then when we're dry," Zafo provided as they exited the vehicle. Running across the street, they arrived at Bobblebitt's in moments. It was a three story building, with a neon sign in front displaying the building's name. Kairo took a quick glance up and saw that there were many ledges and balconies on the outside.

As the two troopers entered the cantina, they saw that the place was packed. A cheery man greeted them by saying, "Welcome to Bobblebitt's fine establishment. As you can see, we are a welcoming place in even the worst of weather. The first floor is where you will find the exotic dancers, bar, and booths. The second floor holds the gambling area where we play sabacc and pazacc. The third floor holds semi-private rooms where you can hold meetings at large table's with sound proof windows surrounding them. The tables are waited upon day and night. Enjoy your stay."

Kairo motioned for Zafo to follow him. Once they had reached a booth that was deserted, Kairo said, "They are probably in one of those sound proof booths, Which means we are going to have to get clever. I'm thinking one of us is going to have to go through the ventilation system and follow it until we reach the booth. Meet me back here in ten minutes; I'm going to go see if anyone has seen them and if they are upstairs. Try to find out anything you can, but don't sound nosy. See you in ten." With that, Kairo and Zafo went their separate ways to search for clues.

(OOC I still want you guys to tell us what your equipment is, so write describe it to us as you write about entering the cantina. On a side note, don't cause a bar brawl right out of the gate. Zafo and I are going to need some time finding the group. Have fun with this though. Maybe cause a distraction of sorts by taking someone outside for a little spat or play a game of sabacc. Whatever, let the fun begin. )

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 15, 2005 7:44:28 AM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  38
June 15, 2005 9:14:25 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    After Kairo was finished with the breifing, Sam rushed to his room to get his gear. He grabbed his hold-blaster and holstered it on his back. He also brought along an extra comlink that he had rigged up to send it's signal back to a recording device here in his room. It was just one of the little gadgets that Sam worked on out of sheer bordom. Sam then tossed on a large cloak and a hat and went to meet up with the rest of the team.
    When the team reached the cantina Kairo and Zafo popped in the van. They waited a few moments then rushed to the cantina doors.
    "So, who's next to go?" Sam asked as he looked around and then finally said, "Ok, I'll go. See you guys on the inside."
    Then Sam rushed to the doors of the cantina and was greeted by a cheery, yet creepy, gent. Sam thought to himself, "I guess this meeting that Kairo heard of would be in one of these private rooms. I'll just let Zafo and him take care of finding them."
    "What will you have?" Sam heard the bartender ask him.
    "Just give me a ruby bliel," Sam said, "By the way, what's the latest gossip that you have heard?"
    "Oh, I hear a lot of gossip. Are looking for anything specific?" the bartender replyed as he handed Sam his drink.
    "Hear anything on the Rebel and Imperial disputes?" Sam asked.
    "Yeah, I heard that there was a riot earlier today. Some guy started talking about how bad the Empire was and what it was doing to hinder Cepany and all that poodoo," The bartender said.
    "You seem to like what the Empire has done for Cepany," Sam said calmly.
    "Yeah, my buisness has been up since the Empire came. Their soldiers come in here sometimes for a drink or a game of pazacc and such," said the bartender.
    "Intresting," Sam replied as he noticed Arrow entering the cantina. Sam did not see if he had a partner or not, but he did see that the wookie was not very happy.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  320
June 15, 2005 9:14:46 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni entered casually into the cantina. The warm air and dank odor hit his face like a brick. The chattering of the people in the background, the smoke that hung lazily in the air, the ocassional clink of a beer glass. He felt right at home.

Giovanni removed his cloak and put it over his seat. About seven seats over was Sam, enjoying a drink and silently scoping the bar out for any unusual activities. He couldn't spot Arrow, but where ever he was, Giovanni knew he was miserable.

"Whiskey, on the rocks" said Giovanni, with a casual tone that would make any other person in a 5-meter radius blush.

"Yes sir," said the bartender, skillfully pouring a glass and sliding it over to him. Giovanni reached down past his Standard issue blaster pistol, combat knife, and power pack, and into his pocket. He pulled out some credits and laid them on the table.

He heard someone enter the Cantina. It must have been Squall. He didn't look over though, he was supposed to blend into the crowd, and when Squall and Gio began to play drinking games the last thing they ever did was blend.

But for now, he was incognito. Just another young man with leather boots, black impermeable slacks, a long-sleeve black turtleneck shirt, and black gloves. To anyone else, he was just another street punk, and deep down, Giovanni really was. Gio was taken out of Coruscant, but Coruscant wasn't taken out of Gio.

He took a sip of his drink, when out of the corner of his eye he eyed a pool table. He picked up his drink and grabbed his cloak with his right hand. The bartender caught sight of the blaster rifle strapped to the inside lining of his dark gray cloak. Giovanni shot a look at him that told him everything. And by everything, he meant: "Say a damn thing and I will personally reacquaint you with the butt end of this here rifle."

The bartender gulped and went about his business, while Giovanni, acting suave as all hell, made his way to the pool tables.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  514
June 16, 2005 9:41:31 AM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall finished off his drink and casually walked over beside Gio to start a game of pool.  A few others in the place decided they would like to play, and made an opposite team.  Gio glanced at Squall with a look like Is this even considered competition?  Squall laughed as he winked back at Gio and chalked up his pool stick.

The que ball sat on the table still as Gio took aim for the shot.  He squinted his eyes as he took careful aim at the red ball he was going to send flying into the upper corner pocked.  Squall watched carefully as he hit the ball, and sank the shot.

He continued to put the balls in one after another, but finally his streak ended.  The oponents chances were looking bleak, and they were getting angry.  It was a team of two Rodians who looked like they were up to no good.  Squall pulled Gio over for a second before he made his shot.

"Gio, those Rodians don't look to be very nice," said Squall, "Maybe we should take it easy on them before they blow our cover"

"Heh, I'll beat them, but not too bad...." said Gio, "And if anything comes up, we will kill them quick and easy, no mess."

Squall chuckled.  It was funny to hear Gio talk about such seirous things in a laughing matter.  Maybe he should be taking things more seriously, but that just wasn't the way Gio was.  Squall was starting to pick up on it.  Ever since he had met Gio, he had become more laid back, and just let everything come to him, instead of hunting for everything that he wanted.

After the game was ended, Gio placed his stick back in the rack just after Squalls...The Rodains didn't look happy, but they set their credits down on the table, and walked away.  A large grin flashed across Gio's face as he grabbed the credits and split them up with Squall.  All they had to do now was wait....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  282
June 16, 2005 2:06:05 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
When Zafo saw Squall and Gio towards the pool tables, he casually made his way over to the bar. The bartender was already busy pouring a drink and talking to a customer, so Zafo just sat there, waiting patiently for his order to be taken. Zafo looked around. The room was filled with all sorts of different species. Down in a dark corner, Zafo saw two rodians babbling at each other.

"No Doubt doing business" Zafo thought to himself as he tried to tune his ear into their conversation. He understood the rodian's language, but couldn't speak it for his life. Although most of their conversation was just gibberish to him; ever since he joined the empire he had not heard the rodian's tongue.

"If I don't have it by the end of next week, I'll have your head!" Zafo heard one of them shout, smashing his bottle of the crumb filled table. Zafo had heard his good old friend Frey saying that many times, even to Zafo as an occasional joke.

After listening in for a few more minutes, Zafo established they where not talking about anything relevant to the Cepany separatists. Zafo turned back to face the bar and found the bar tender cleaning a pair of beer stained mugs.

"Hey. Bartender" Zafo called out over the noisy chatter "Hit me up with some local beer"

The bartender nodded. He grabbed a clean mug of a wrack hanging above him. It was then that Zafo noticed the rows of clean, shining empty beer mugs hanging from their sleek wooden hooks. The bartender slid the foaming glass to Zafo and stuck his hand out for the credits. Zafo tossed him a bunch, not sure how much it was, not wanting to ask. When he saw the bartender reaching for change, Zafo told him he could just keep it. Zafo took a gulp of the glass foaming in an orangy color in front of him. The liquid slid down his throat sending a pleasant feeling throughout his body. The somewhat sweet, not to bitter taste stayed in his mouth until is was enhanced by another gulp.

"Wow" Zafo thought Cepany tastes great! It's quite strong too...

Zafo finished his glass, brought it down to the counter. Contemplating whether or not to buy another glass,  he instead decided to find something wrong with the place. He looked around and saw that there was a crack running down the wall off to the side of one of the alcohol wracks.

"Bloody Empire..." Zafo said rather loudly, hoping the bartender would scoot over to take place in the conversation to nobody and share his thought. He said it with great hesitation and disgust for himself, but what had to be done had to be done. The bartender, who pretended not to hear, took a seat across from Zafo and tried to strike up conversation.

"Can I get you another?" The bartender asked

"Sure" Answered Zafo, not wanting to drive him away
He brought another glass to Zafo's hand in an exchange for credits.

"So..." The bartender began "What brings you here in this weather?"

Zafo forced his brain to come up with something creative that could help him get some information. Without hesitation he spat out;

"Well, Thanks to the empire, I'm finding myself without a roof over my head" Zafo said, trying hard to fake anger. His first sentence sounded more like corny anger to him, so he searched his mind for a time where he was truly angry. He remembered when he found out authorities were on to him, before joining the empire. He tried to relive the moment and let the anger flood his mind. His next line was much more genuine. He took a long swig of the beverage in front of him.

"Theys throwed me out of my house!" Zafo shouted, trying to fake a bit of intoxication. Bartenders always talk more to people who are drunk  "They claims to beeez, you know for the good of everyone but I misses my taxes just one times and BAM!" Zafo slammed his mug on the counter "They throws me and my, my, my f-family outs!"

Obviously fooled by his fake drunken anger, the bartender leaned over and whispered into Zafo's ear;

"Ya know, if you really hate the empire that much." The bartender hesitated "there's a meeting planned to start shortly in room three on the third floor. I can try and get you in, if you'd like. The lot of  'em hate the empire for all it's done."

"Hate the empire for all it's done? Zafo thought to himself. Now he was gettind genuinely angry. How could someone hate the empire for all the order, security and prosperity is promised to the galaxy?

"Hold on" Zafo said, squirming his face "I've got to use the washroom" with that Zafo got up from the barstool and stumbled out of the bartender's site. He took a seat in the booth he had originally sat down in. The same booth he was supposed to meet Kairo in,
In

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 16, 2005 8:27:15 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  39
June 16, 2005 6:30:53 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    As Zafo got up, Sam glanced around the room to see if anyone was staring. He did not see anyone. So, he got up and headed to the restrooms, along the way he grabbed the local paper. As he passed a table near the restrooms he heard someone say, "He must have a big job to do."
    Sam entered the restroom and began checking out all the stalls to see if anyone was in them. After checking, he quickly locked the restroom door. Sam took out his modified comlink and began wrapping it in the news pages. He attached a note explaining what it was and ended the little note saying that if it turns on then the signal will get back to the reciever back at the hotel and should it not turn on, destroy it.
    Sam unlocked the door and left. As he passed Zafo's booth, he tossed the small package in the seat next to him and continued on. Sam headed back to his stool at the bar.
    "Give me another ruby bliel," Sam grunted to the bartender.
    "Here you go," the bartender said as he handed Sam his drink, "Did you hear that guy complaining about the Empire?"
    "Yeah, what about him?" Sam replied, "The guy has a right to his own opinion. If he doesn't like the Empire don't worry about it. What harm can one little guy do?" Sam did not care to talk about anybody behind their backs.
    "Hmm, you've got a point there," the bartender said.
    Sam got up and walked to the pool tables with his drink. Squall and Gio were in a game with a couple of rodians. "They don't know what they are in for," Sam thought to himself.
    As Sam turned from the table, a large twi'lek bounced into him and knocked his drink out of his hand.
    "I hope you are going to buy me another," Sam said to the twi-lek.
    "I don't think I'm going to. You were the one who ran into me," the twi'lek replied.
    "Now now, I don't want any trouble, at least not inside this fine establishment. So, if you are not going to buy me another drink then come with me," Sam said as he gestured to the door.
    "Ok, if you want to play, then let's play," the twi-lek laughed.
    As the two exited the bar. As the two rounded a corner to a back alley, the twi'lek pulled a blaster on Sam. Sam turned and face his adversary.
    "Hahaha, what you doing with a puny pistol like that?" Sam laughed as he pulled out his hold-out blaster.
    The twi'lek fired and nearly hit Sam in the shoulder.  Sam looked up and said, "I didn't want to do this." Then Sam fired to shots into the twi'lek's head. The twi'lek fell onto the wet ground. Sam then grabbed a few credits from the corpse and casually went back into the bar.
    Sam headed for the restroom and left a trail of water, due to the rain that was still coming down heavily.
  -----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited June 16, 2005 6:42:06 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  484
June 16, 2005 9:00:39 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  After Kairo had separated from Zafo, he had immediately gone upstairs to take a look around. There were two apparent ways to move from one floor to the next. There was a lift on one side of the room, while on the other rested two spiral staircases that moved away from each other. Kairo decided to take the stairs. There was an almost constant flow of people up and down the stairs. Sidling through the crowd, Kairo kept his head low so his hood would shadow his face in the already dark cantina. Once he had arrived on the second floor, Kairo took a quick look around.

Remembering what the greeter had said, Kairo knew he was on the gambling floor. Maybe later, but I can at least listen in on some thing. Stepping off of the stairway, he entered a large, smoke filled room. It was dark and there were many mixed species roaming from table to table. The opposite wall led to the outside of the building and the many balconies. In the giant room sat many different gambling tables. Most of them held sabacc games, while others had more exotic thrills. Entering the throng of people, Kairo listened closely to the many conversations, honing in on any that stood out and disregarding anything that didn't apply to his objective. After wandering through the entire room without out hearing anything interesting or recognizing anyone from earlier, Kairo headed up stairs to examine them rooms and how they might be able to learn what was going on inside of them.

Kairo resumed his trek up the stairs and arrived on the third floor shortly. As he stepped onto the landing, another eerily cheery person greeted him. "This is the third floor of Bibblebot's fine establishment. As I'm sure you know, it holds many isolated tables and booths that are surrounded by walls and sound proof glass, giving you perfect privacy. Would you like to reserve a room or are you looking to join some friends?"

"Just looking. I do have a few questions though. Who should I ask?" Kairo asked, lifting his head to look at the attendant with a polite smile and glinting eyes. He pulled off his hood so he would be able to see well. The third floor was brightly lit and void of all smoke.

"Your looking at her, that is what I'm here for anyways." She smiled politely. "What are your questions?"

"Ah, that would be most appreciated. I would like to know how secure these rooms are incase I wish to return with some friends of mine. They are paranoid." Kairo joked.

She laughed. "Well, besides the fact that the rooms are sound proof, the top floor of this building is equipped with a communications jammer, multilayered wall which are almost indestructible, a lockable door, and a few other minor security features."

"So the rooms are totally private?"

"Well...I probably shouldn't say this, but you seem like a nice guy. The rooms are wired with a visual and audio device that leads to a recording and surveillance room. That is for our security reasons of course. They are strictly confidential."

"I see. Well, that shouldn't be a problem. If the people who own the place were smart enough to hire you, they are certainly smart enough to keep a few recordings safe." Kairo flirted.

She smiled, "Did you have anything else you wished to know?"

"I think you've told me all I need, and much, much more. Thank you so much for your time, madam." 

Kairo turned to go back down the stairs, when she said, "I didn't catch your name sir."

Kairo turned from the second step down, "It's Kairo." He grinned brightly then quickly turned on his heal and walked down the stairs. At least I still have it. Once he had arrived at the bottom floor of the room, Kairo noticed that everyone in the squad was scattered throughout the room. Kairo smoothly weaved his way through the crowd and met up with Zafo. "So, how did you fair?" Kairo asked, sidling into the booth.

"Well, I found out which room the group will be meeting in and Sam discreetly gave me a comlink that will connect to his hotel room and record anything that it picks up. Plus, the bartender said he might be able to get me into the meeting. How about you?" Zafo asked.

"I found out some very helpful things. First, the comlink isn't going to work in the room, but we can still use it. Second, the room already has a built in recorder. I couldn't find out where the room is, but I'm sure a few members of our squad will be happy to knock a few heads to find it. I think I have a plan now. Go find Sam and Gio and bring them here. I'll tell the rest to open their comlinks to the squad channel, so they can listen in while not being here. Quickly, we don't have much time." Kairo motioned for Zafo to get them and left the booth. Kairo made a long circular walk to the bar. He bumped into Arrow and brushed Squall along the way, whispering to each to turn on their comlinks. Grabbing a glass of Correlian Ale, he followed the same process and informed Marcus and Tay'Ren to listen in also. Once he had made it back to the booth, Gio, Zafo, and Sam were already waiting.

"Good, I better start." Kairo quickly told them of what he and Zafo had found out.

"Interesting, so what do we do now?" Giovanni asked.

"We are going to do this the right way. Zafo and I are going to get into the little meeting through the bartender, one way or the other. Sam, Gio, and Marcus, you guys are going to find and enter the recording room and take it over. Sam and Gio are going to be the brawn. Marcus, you're our communications expert, so it will be your task to make sure we get a copy of the meeting and that everything goes well in the room. I'm going to be giving Sam's recording comlink, so you can send a copy back to our hotel. Just incase the one we steal gets lost, broken, or something else. Arrow and Squall, you're our backup if something goes wrong while we are in the room. Squall, you will be either waiting in the stairwell, on the gambling floor, or wandering the third floor. It's your choice. Arrow, I hate for you to do this, but only you can pull it off. I want you to go out on the second floor balconies and climb to the top of the building. From there you will enter the ventilation system and find your way to the area above room three. Tay'Ren, you have a very important job. You will, in essence, be our get away driver. If it gets really hot in here, I will send you a message to get to the front of the building. Be there. Hopefully we won't have to run. In all likely hood, we are probably going to be the ones doing the chasing. Also, don't kill them unless necessary. Stun preferably, unless you are in serious trouble and you need to get out. I want to try to take one of them alive. I'm sure one of the higher ups would love to get ahold of one of the serperatists. I hope everyone has their tasks, because the target group just entered." Kairo nodded toward the doors, where a group of twelve men had just entered. They weren't to wet, which meant they had been dropped off since the storm was still raging outside. "Time for you to get us into their little group Zafo. I hope your bartender friend was serious. Everyone else, get to your assigned spots, ASAP. Time is one of our enemies tonight."

They all left the booth, Sam and Gio met up with Marcus to find the recording room. Zafo and Kairo went to infiltrate the separatist group.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
*DarkDragoons*

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 17, 2005 8:47:11 AM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  323
June 18, 2005 12:18:45 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Gio and Sam walked to an obscure corner of the cantina and took a seat.

Giovanni raised a finger, signaling a barmaid over. "A glass of ale, miss, and a ruby bliel for my friend here..."

"Drinks? I thought we were supposed to infiltrating the recording room?" asked Sam.

"Don't worry. It's all being taken care of as we speak." responded Gio, drinking from his glass. Ahhhh, thats good ale.

Sam seemed puzzled. Just then, Giovanni's attention was diverted to something else. Sam heard it too. It was Marcus over the Comlink.

"Guys, i have your location and it looks like i've found the recording room." said Marcus. On the background, fast keystrokes could be heard.

"That's the good news," said Sam as he took a sip from his drink.

"Well...bad news is, i think you guys are gonna have to get back out in that rain. .."

"Wait, you mean the recording room isnt anywhere on this building?" asked Gio.

"Yeah... the bastards set it up in an unnamed building down the street, you cant miss it. I'll meet you guys out front. Good luck Guys." With that, the comlink closed, and Gio and Sam were once again sitting, drinking, and wondering what to do next.

The storm was either going to provide them with excellent cover, or cripple them until they infiltrated the building.

"Alright, grab your cloak. Let's move on out." Giovanni pulled his cloak over his shoulders and head, and felt around to make sure all his weapons were in place. Sam did the same, and the both walked out of the Cantina into the storm outside. It wasn't until now that Gio had stopped thinking the storm wasn't bad. Truth is, the storm was terrible.

The wind whipped to and fro. The water stung Giovanni as droplets pelted his face. If it werent for the boots he was wearing, he would have slipped and slid right back to the bar.

Amidst the torrential rain, and the whipping winds, they saw a building in a fenced off area. You couldn't miss it. Marcus ran up to meet them.

"This might get messy Marcus," said Gio as he slapped a fresh power pack into his pistol, and hosltered his knife. "We'll call you in once we clear the place out."

Before Marcus even had time to disapprove, Gio looked over to Sam, and Sam looked over to Gio. They threw off their cloaks and ran for the fence.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited June 18, 2005 12:30:28 AM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  40
June 19, 2005 12:05:25 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    As the two neared the gate, it seemed as if it began to rain even harder. When they got to the gate they noticed a lock on it.
    "Obviously, they don't want people getting in," Sam said to Gio just as he pulled out his blaster and busted the lock, "Now, we just have to hope that they didn't hear that shot."
    "It is likely that they didn't due to the heavy rain," Gio replied.
    Neither of the two noticed any kind of outside security cameras. Even if there were the rain would probably obscure the images, but still alert the people inside the building to their presence on the grounds, which the two could do without. The two saw the front door through the thick rain.
    The two rushed under the small over hang above the door. Sam looked around for any gaurds that may have been forced into patrol in this weather.
    "Well, I don't see any guards, but I have a feeling that they are just inside this door," Sam said.
    "Yeah, you're probably right. I bet that there is more than just two or three," Gio said.
    "Should we check for a back door?" Sam asked, "That would mean being out in this rain longer but then again it could make this infiltration easier. The guys inside probably are not expecting anyone to be coming here anyhow. So, I guess either way may be as good as the other."
    "We should stick together, because this is going to get pretty messy," Gio replied.
    "Ok, sticking together sounds good to me," Sam said, "Now are we just going to go through the front door or see if there is a back door?"

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  285
June 19, 2005 7:56:04 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo and Kairo edged their way through the crowd, back to the bar where Zafo had been sitting just a couple of minutes earlier. Once again, the bartender was dealing with a customer, but when he saw Zafo take a seat, he quickly finished up and made his way over to him. He threw an inquisitive glance at Kairo.

"Hello, can I help you?" The bartender inquired

"He's with me" Zafo casually shot out. "He's in basically the same situation as me. Now about this meeting..."

"Yes, Yes..." the bartender trailed off. "I never caught your names." The bartender suddenly snapped

"We'd prefer to keep our identities a secret. The last thing we need is the Empire somehow discovering we were planning to rebel against them." Zafo said, hoping it would hold out.

If that didn't work, Zafo was uncertain if he should divulge his real name to the bartender. The chatter in the bar sounded louder than before. Zafo had to strain his hearing to hear what the bartender was saying over the talk and clanking of beer mugs. The bartender eyed the two undercover Dragoons suspiciously for a long time. Finally, he began to mutter something;

"As...earlier...about to start...three" the bartender muttered. Half of what he was saying was being damped out by the bar's noisy environment. Zafo leaned over the bar in order to catch the rest of what the bartender was trying to tell him. "If you want to get in, you have to do the following things; Start off by knocking five times. Exactly twenty seconds after, someone from the inside will knock back three times. You must knock once then say the password; False Impression. They will then open the door for you. Beyond there, I have no clue what will go down..."

Zafo and Kairo thanked the bartender and tossed him a couple of credits for the information.

"You got all that?" Kairo asked as he and Zafo headed off towards the staircase at the back of the room.

"Pretty Sure." Zafo answered. "Five knocks, one knock, False Impression" Zafo recalled the bartender telling him.

The two Dragoons quickly passed through the smoke filled second floor and before they knew it, they were standing in front of a steel door. On the other side of this door, the separatist meeting was about to unfold. Kairo raised his hand and began to pound on the door. Every echoing bang triggered a count in Zafo's head. Five knocks and twenty seconds later, three clear booming knocks echoed from the other side of the door. In response, Kairo gave the door one more pounding strike and spoke the magical words "false impression"

The clicking sounds of unlocking locks were heard coming from the other side of the door. Slowly, the door creaked open...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 19, 2005 8:02:52 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:51:25 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 141  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >