Topic:  Ch. 7 - Army
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
  RE: Ch. 7 - Army
November 13, 2001 1:05:57 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
"What is it with orange, man?" complained Master as both he and Fish approached one of the three industrial targets planetside. They wore purloined maintenance staff uniforms and bore heavy toolboxes. The ID cards they had stolen from the former occupants of these uniforms had been sliced to show Master and Fish's pictures. Thankfully no medical data had been included in the cards. The gate guard stopped them and examined their ID. "You're late," he said, "You were supposed to be here a half hour ago." "I know," said Fish, "Traffic." "Yeah, yeah," said the guard, "Get your asses over to the power plant. My boss says you got work there." "Right on," said Master. They dumped the speeder in a parking lot and walked over lugging their toolboxes. The power plant was a large box of a building with two small exhaust vents protruding from the west end. The doors were unguarded, as was the corridor in. About half way down, the duty manager sat in his office waiting. "You're late," he said. "Yeah, yeah," replied Fish, "Traffic." "Pull the other one, I'm docking your pay for this. Get over to pump station three. The plates on the coolant system are leaking. Get that fixed and then go and service the primary heat exchanger conduits." Master looked and Fish and rolled his eyes. "I don't care what you think," said the manager, "Just do it!" Master strolled out of the room ahead of Fish and down the corridor. They followed signs to pump station three thinking they may as well appear to be doing their jobs. It made the real part easier. Blow up coolant pumps, destroy the heat exchanger. One power plant ready to overload, and considering it appeared to be running on nuclear fission, that should be enough to put at least this factory out of commission for a long time.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Double Agent
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  19
November 13, 2001 9:33:09 PM    View the profile of Double Agent 
Agent sat on an old wooden chair in front of a large desk.  On the desk were numerous important-looking documents.  Agent ignored them.  The only thing on his mind was being back after so long.  He sat there, his eyes fixed on his favorite gun, his father's gun, which he had placed on top of all the papers.  The room was comfortable, but maybe a little too bright for Agent's tastes.  Oh, well.  Time to do something, he figured.  He picked his gun up off of the table, and wiped off a smudge.  Must've happened during all that walking they just did.  He had to admit, it took more out of him than he expected.  "Maybe I'm just getting old..." he said aloud. He stood up.  Raziel would be back soon with Sniper, and Agent thought it would probably be best to know what was going on, since he'd been left in charge.  As he was walking out of the room, Kalon almost ran into him. "Sir.....they're....they....they need help!" Kalon managed to spit out. "Who?  What?  Slow down, kid,"  Agent said in a voice that at the same time sounded calming but confused. "It's Raz and Sniper, sir.  They're in trouble." (Thanks for the idea, Raz ) PS if i made any mistakes, just tell me and i'll change them.  I skimmed.  So shoot me... no, wait... not me, them.   ----------------------- "Whenever i see something screech across the room and latch onto a guy's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because, what is that thing?" SGM Double Agent
[This message has been edited by Double Agent (edited November 13, 2001 9:40:28 PM)]
Timber Saden
ComNet Novice

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  61
November 14, 2001 1:34:21 AM    View the profile of Timber Saden 
[OOC] I forgot to thank you Raxen. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Thanks for fixing your post man. Keep up the great work! [/OOC] Timber and all of Iron Horse made their way back into the warehouse after settling a scuffle between the locals. A scowl upon his face as he made his way towards Agent, and Kalon, recieving the report of Raziel and Sniper. Letting out a light sigh he slumped his back against the wall. "This isn't going well thus far..." tilting his head left, then right, he cracked his neck, then after leaning it against the wall. "I guess it's time. Damn... I really wanted to wait for Tylen and Japer, I could've used them right now." Pushing off the wall, Timber walked to the corner of the office, glancing towards the duffel bags. "Alright troopers... we've got a new mission now. We've got go help Raziel and Sniper... but lets try not to get ourselves killed, or kidnapped. None of us personally know what we're up against, so, we've gotta take em with a grain of salt, and we can't underestimate them. Miners report that the closest base is quite heavily guarded. They spotted two gun turrets, and the base itself is rather heavily guarded inside." Timber let out a sigh and propped himself up on the desk, glancing towards the troops. "We're going to have to pull this off quickly. I want suggestions..." Timber glanced towards Agent, as well as Raxen. "Here's my thoughts. The miners report that their base recieves regular shipments of equipment as well as food. We'd have to wait for one of the shipments, which if the miners are correct comes tomorrow. Myself, Legionaire, Raxen, Agent, and Kalon will hijack the truck and load into it. Dez and Jubei will stay outside, gain high ground, and cover the entrance to the base with sniper rifles. "Once inside, we will use cryoban grenades on the closest opposition. Then, from there, its all about teamwork. We will have to spread out in two groups. Raxen, Legionaire, and myself will be the support fire. We'll take out what we can, as fast as we can. Agent and Kalon will be a stealth search party. They will be required to go find Sniper and Raziel. We'll keep commlinks between us, that way, once Raziel and Sniper are found, we can all regroup at the truck, and attempt our escape. That's where Jubei and Dez come in. They are going to have an important job, and that's taking out the gun turrets, then setting blast charges on the doors. That way, we can radio them once we reach the truck, they can set off the blast charges, and we can get the out of the base... hopefully in one piece." Timber glanced to the troops, looking for opinions, Raxen being the first to speak up, "Sir, what about the miners?" Splendid... some did know tactics, they knew the terrain better than the troopers, and they could help a lot, in numbers at least. "Good idea," Timber nodded. "We can get a group of miners to take out any opposition outside, help Jubei and Dez, and basically aid us in the entire mission." Timber slid off the desk, and walked towards one of the duffel bags, unzipping it and pulling out a cigarette and lighter, sliding the cigarette into his mouth and lighting it. "Well, this is just my take on the situation. I'm open for suggestions..."

-----------------------
SL/ETRP/2LT Timber Saden/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Loaith/VEA/VE [IOC][LoC]
HM-CM/DJK Timber Saden/DC-5/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [WoS]
-----------------------
Trust in my self righteous suicide.
I cry when angels deserve to die.
Occisor per Status Quo
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
November 14, 2001 3:22:08 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
[This message has been edited by Fallen (edited November 14, 2001 3:26:58 AM)]
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
November 14, 2001 3:24:17 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
For ages, no one stirred. Timber smoked his cigarette, snubbed the butt and threw it aside. 'Well, I assume in that case, no one's against this. Okay, everyone turn in. Shipment's coming around 7am tomorrow, if the informations provided by those miners are correct. Be awake by 6am tomorrow. We are in for a little fighting.' Timber said. Everyone nodded, and went to their respective corners for a little snooze. Raxen took up his position near the entrance of the warehouse to guard during his duty hour. Soon, the warehouse was filled with Agent's loud snores. --- After 3 hours --- Raxen went over to Legionaire and shook him up. Legionaire grunted and grabbed his blaster and took over his place, keeping a close watchout. Raxen immediately fell asleep. --- Next Day: 6am --- Raxen woke and looked around. Everyone was still asleep save for Kalon, who was guarding the entrance of the warehouse, and Timber, who was in deep thought. He nodded to Kalon and Timber before drinking some water from his bottle and doing some stretching exercises. Soon, everyone stirred, and they were ready to set off at 6.15 am. Timber shouted for last minute checks on ammunitions but finally, the EIH and the Wraiths set off for the place where the truck would pass by on its way to one of the bases. --- 15 minutes later --- Raxen looked through his binoculars. It was utterly silent, save for the strong wind that started blowing up. They were at the side of a muddy track. Wheel prints were obvious in the mud. Timber checked the directions and nodded. 'This should be the place. Okay, Agent, Kalon, Dez, you guys stay here. I'll bring Legionaire, Raxen, and Jubeii with me to the other side of the road. When the truck comes, my group will be at where the driver's side is. When the truck comes, Kalon, you shall try to gain its attention by waving at where you are. Once the truck slows down, my group will yank open the driver's point and I'll have him under gunpoint. Everyone is to load up behind and I'll be beside the driver to ensure that he doesnt ruined our plans. That's around it. By luck, we will clear and get into the base when it's lunchtime. That's when everyone's guard is down.' Timber looked at his watch. '6.40am. Everyone, to place.' Everyone went to their respective positions. Raxen felt his legs becoming slight numb after a while but he didnt care. He kept looking at the watch, eagar for 7am to arrive as soon as possible. 5 minutes left. 3 minutes left. 1 minute left. At that momment, Timber signalled and nodded his head towards the road. There was an unmistakable sound of the hum of a truck coming down. Everyone tensed up. 

-----------------------
[Army - Raxen] ETRP/CPL Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[Navy - Fallen] FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Blaster.'
Japer
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Protector (SPT)

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  463
November 14, 2001 4:39:59 PM    View the profile of Japer 
Japer, who was still onboard the dominion, got tired of just sitting around in his quaters all day, and decided to go to the lounge and have a drink while he still waited for someone to find a way to shuttle him down to the fighting ( hint hint ) Japer walked through the halls of the Dominion, and finally reached the lounge. He got a couple of Corellion Ales, and a cigar. He just sat in the lounge for a while, hoping that someone would come on his comlink and tell him that EIH had build a way to shuttle him down to the fighting.

-----------------------
GV/ SG Japer/Sith/Dark Knight 1-2 Cabal/ Eagle Sect/VEDJ

SXO/CPT/Japer/1SQD/1PLT/1/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/IOC/LoC/CM
/BS/ES 2nd Class

Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
November 14, 2001 6:24:01 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(Sorry everyone change of plan. We discussed this on irc and decided this was a better way to keep wildcard platoon hidden for now )     Raziel almost panicked when a squad of troops left the base and headed straight towards them, he reckoned they had maybe 15 minutes before being reached if they could move fast.     Keeping low Raziel and Sniper tried to make an attempt at getting out of the area before the enemy squad could find them, the scout that had been helping them had made himself scarce of late and Raziel wasn’t sure how well Sniper could hide himself.     Sniper used the radio as he moved; the enemy squad could be no more than one click behind them now. If they get hidden or out of the way soon, they would get caught. Raziel stumbled and tripped on some rocks, he was back on his feet in a flash but his ankle had been twisted in the fall.     “Sir, if we could get to those rocks over there…” Sniper started.     “I know, we can hide nicely there,” Raziel replied sharply.     The rock pile was about one mile away. The dusty area of land that these people had chosen for the first of their training camps was flat and without major landmarks. There were however odd boulders and occasionally large rock formations that could be used for cover.     Two hundred metres from the rock formation and they were spotted, even at this distance Raziel could make out excited shouting over the hum of a landspeeder. Sniper looked confused when Raziel swore under his breath, but followed suit when Raziel broke into a sprint. Immediately Raziel started calculating. From a position in the rocks they could probably hold off a whole squad left out in the open. However that could jeopardise the whole mission, as it would reveal the presence of soldiers.     Raziel and sniper could give up and pretend to be miners and suffer the consequences, but Raziel didn’t think he could hold that story for long.     Raziel and Sniper made the rocks, but as soon as they did they spotted a speeder coming from the opposite direction. Carrying what looked to be miners, obviously their fellow VE soldiers.     Raziel knew this would save their lives, but would almost certainly condemn the mission. He immediately started calculating what they could do afterwards and whether it was viable or not to escape the planet with minimal risk.     “Damnit”     Raziel could see fairly soon that their allies were going to reach them sooner than the rebel squad. Raziel did not however expect to have blaster fire pound his cover, from his friends. ===========================================================     “Careful agent, that shot almost took your squad leaders head off,” Timber said sharply as Agent opened fire.     “Yeah I know, wasn’t it a good shot,” Agent laughed.     Timber thought silently and hoped they could pull this pretence off. He also hoped that Raziel and Sniper would get the idea quickly as well. If this worked the mission could still go ahead.     The squads pulled up and leapt from the speeder, Raziel and Sniper were pulled away roughly and were bound. The rebel squad soon pulled up and looked confused.     “What’s happening here, these two were spotted spying on our base!” The rebel squad leader looked like a fairly tough man. He was unshaven and well built, probably a lot of battle experience by the scars.     The rest of the squad Raziel noted, were not so experienced. They all looked like green recruits. He and snipe probably could have held them off.     “Yes sir, its all fine here. These two escaped a few days ago, we’ve been looking for them since,” Timber replied, emphasising his point by giving Raziel a kick in the ribs. Raziel noted how well Timber copied the local miner speech patterns perfectly. His whole mannerism was that of a rebel-opposing miner.     They talked on for many minutes and just as Raziel thought a fight would break out the rebel soldier’s left and headed out to finish whatever business they had.     “Damn that was close,” Agent gasped.     “Nice plan though” Raziel muttered as he was untied.     Timber went on to go over how well his plan had worked, before giving the order to head back to the base of operations to prepare the next days attack on the training camps.

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
November 14, 2001 7:47:52 PM    View the profile of g5 
--------Before the Drop--------   Snake was going through all of his weapons, deciding which ones to pack. He wanted to have lots of power available if they ran into trouble but he wanted to stay light so they could move rapidly with little fatigue. He also knew that there wouldn't be a lot of ways to carry weapons covertly. He looked around the bunkroom and found what he was looking for. It was his favorite gaffi stick. He tossed it into the duffel, right next to the Stohkli spray stick. When he was done packing it wasn't exactly light but it was arryaly by the 5 troops going down to the surface. He had almost a full duffel bag of blaster gas cartridges, energy packs, and ration packs for until he met up wiht the miners and for extended field stays and of course a jug filter. After he packed all his weapons and supplies he loaded them into the drop pod just before the squad went in and strapped down. --------On the Ground--------   After dumping our of the pod and unloading all the durrle bags Snake took off his helmet and motioned for his trooprs to do the same. Snake tossed the duffel full of grenades to PFC Otto Vox. "Keep track of those. They're the only stuff that destroys buildings, unless you feel like building a battering ram."   "Yes, Sir."   As Snake tossed the bag full of melee weapons to Jedi he saw a group of miners pop out from behind a rock. They silently indicated to follow them. Snake told the squad to stay put while he jogged over to the miners. He told them he was waiting for the last member of his squad along with a couple of higher ups. They came out onto the top of the hill and waited with the squad everyone chatted and gear was handed out. Snake really hoped shadow would drop with Fury, Talon and some more heavy grenades. He couldn't wait to increase his firepower and then link up with Squad 2.

-----------------------
TO:A/1Lt G5/Viper 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
November 14, 2001 11:40:56 PM    View the profile of Fury 
OOC: My browser froze on the initial version of this.  Be glad this is a short as it is.  It really could have been worse. --  Aboard the Dominion -- Pacing almost as much as Japer had been, Fury re-read the latest message from Talon and finally smiled.  The Dread Knights' two newest members, PFCs Droma and Dragoon, were on their way to Tholatin onboard an Imperial Center copy of a Mon Calamari Flatfish freighter.  They were posing as technicians sent to repair the Scythe - or the Magadon as the Fallen Angels were using as a transponder code. They would likely do no more than man the corvettes guns in a pinch, but with the FA, one could never be sure.  It was up to Stormie, Kuroishi and Argon how this would play out. Talon and the newest batch of troopers were on their way to the Dominion.  With them was PFC Sidious, fully recovered from a shockball accident that had left him out of the initial drop.  Aside from Sidious, the Raiders were picking up help in the form of PFCs Shadow and Quin Valec, while the Wraiths got PFCs Kalon, Cloud, Morgan, and Arkanian. As yet unassigned was PFC D13, a trooper so fresh out of the academy they hadn't even given him a blaster yet.  Talon had apparently donated him a Stormtrooper One carbine and an Adostic Arms shotgun for the campaign. Fury met up with the ship's captain on the bridge and notified him of the arrival of a light freighter within the next 20 hours or so.  He then rounded up Cosmic from the gaming tables and together they manhandled Japer into his quarters to sleep off what was apparently quite the bender. The next day, dressed in civvies, the trio stood in the hangar and watched the expert landing of the YU410 freighter Bantha Stampede.  For what they paid pilots, the IC got their money's worth with performances like that.  Fury watched as Talon walked down the ramp dressed like a high level diplomat and start gladhandling the hangar crew, trying to hit them up for a sale.  Fury laughed, it would be good practice for their guise planetside.  After giving the green troops permission to run off and refresh themselves for a few hours, Fury roped Sidious into helping load the arms and ammo that the various SLs had requested for their infiltration runs.  After a half hour of mostly pointing droids and repulsorcarts in the right direction, Sidious left, giving the officers a better read on their new troops than a training chart could.  Grabbing a repulsorcart of their own, Fury and Talon off loaded six large cold crates and headed for officer's country with Cosmic and Japer following.  These were filled with frozen brullaki for the ship's crew as a means of thanking them for the trouble of dealing with a shipload of grunts. Hours later, rested up and dressed in civvies, the new troopers and their attending officers headed to the Stampede, which after a few in-system microjumps, asked and got permission to land at the starport in the Mythra mining sector where their forces were operating. Talon and Fury left first, working with the local officials they had previously set up appointments with for an Imperial Center store front on Albrion.  Japer and Cosmic set to working with the starport droids to offload crates, seven of them containing hidden troopers, and ship them to Mantell Mining for a prompt delivery.  Reinforcements and resupply had arrived.   ----------------------- CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 19, 2001 1:49:52 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
November 15, 2001 1:34:40 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
"Hello maintenance?  I need assictance."  The station commander's voice crackled through the comm splice Kuroishi had made. "I am sorry the number you have dailed is no longer in service."  Kuroishi responded. It would take a team of technicians days to get through the door.  Space tape had a nasty habit of surviving re-entry.  So they'd have better luck cutting a new door into the wall. Kuroishi chuckled as he heard the station commander dailing another number. "Maintenance?"  The scheme had only been going on for a few minutes now but Kuroishi was glad he was recording this. "Maintenance.  Your call is important to us, please stay on the line."  Kuroishi responded in his best russian accent. With that Kuroishi started pumping through various songs that would drive a person mad if they listened to them long enough(Aestivalis March, opening theme to Ranma 1/2, Yuki no Sanbe Ne, Wolverine Signs His Happy Song, and other similarly insane things). He had one more task to complete before he tore the station a new hole. Kuroishi finished his hacking in half an hour and knew that the station personell wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon. Kuroishi fitted himself with a pair of magnetic boots and proceeded to the core of the station. The gravity control systems already looked like they were about to fail at any moment as it was.  Kuroishi smiled as he set to work with some tools.  In about half an hour the entire gravity control system would overload and burn out or explode.  At this point either would work. After finishing his work Kuroishi sprinted back to the Scythe as fast as he could. The stage was set all that remained was to bring the terror.   ----------------------- The Head Terrorist Great Death Leader of the Fallen The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi) "Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited November 15, 2001 1:35:28 PM)]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

November 16, 2001 8:17:48 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
"Good job, men," said the manager as Fish and Master walked past. The cooling system and the heat exchanger were now working better than ever, and would keep on doing so for the next two hours until the explosives planted inside each one blew them to stage beyond repair. The storage rooms where they kept the spares were similarly rigged. Now, they had one more to do themselves while they waited for Viper's team to take care of the third and final plant. They kept on their uniforms and headed over to the second plant, using the same ruse to get in. The manager there had a go at them for being late and sent them over to the control and monitoring computers again on the power plant to look at a minor glitch. Half an hour later, the core temperature began rising, and the monitors read in the green, and they would do so until the core blew about the same time as the first power station. Handy, them having nuclear fission power stations on site and ready to go. Master and Fish headed back up to the orbital after changing back into their original clothes. Now the wait began, Viper's team had ninety minutes to finish their work and get off-planet.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
November 16, 2001 4:14:20 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic looked around at the loading droids as they worked hard on hauling, pushing, and lifting.  He saw the crates being placed into small shuttles that were later piloted to the planets surface for either reinforcements or for extra supplies.  Cosmic and Japer were slowly walking around the droids, inspecting everything for malfunctions or glitches.  Cosmic looked up from the working droids at the White Terror of soldiers.  Cosmic snickered as invisioned people screaming around, sobbing, as the soldiers in white struck terror wherever they went.  Cosmic now longed even more to be in his old command as an SL, leading his troops to enemy lines, and combating with the enemy.  Cosmic then looked down at the metal floor beneath him.  "Well, looks like we got out work cut out for us."  Said Cosmic in a sarcastic-humerous way. Japer chuckled.  "Ya, I'm really excited too." Said Japer, with a little bit of a smirk.  "Let's just get the rest of this job done.  I believe there are only a few more crates left for inspection." Said Cosmic. Japer nodded. "Eight total." Replied Japer. "I'll inspect the four on the right while you get the other four." Said Cosmic. Japer nodded, and the two set to work.

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
[OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP]
-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
November 16, 2001 9:32:37 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon Viper and Dragon were ready. They were carrying a new type of explosive, and Viper was eager to try it out. They started to dig the tunnel... [finish this later, my g/f just called...]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 17, 2001 8:33:44 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
...into the enemy base. "How long do you think this will take?"asked Dragon "Not more than an hour,"replied Argon,"we've only got to dig about twenty meters." So they dug, and dug, and dug, and dug. And finally, about forty minutes later, they were finished. "All right,"said Argon,"now remember, if we don't come up in a janitors closet, we screwed the hell up." They forced their way up and into the base, ending up exactly in the janitors closet they had been aiming for. Packing their explosives into janitors packs, they put on the uniforms and headed out into the base. They checked the listings of where janitors were needed, heading to the spot where the most urgent cleaning and repair was needed...  the coolant system. "If we can take that out,"whispered Argon,"the concussive damage from one of these things should be enough to destroy everything esle in the base." "Well,"replied Dragon,"I just hope that we can watch." "Hehehe,"chuckled Argon, holding up a miniature camera,"welcome to the Fallen Angels." ---------------- Three hours later, outside the base, Argon and Dragon watched their work. In addition to the coolant explosives, Argon had decided to put explosives on the structural supports, just in case. It was nearly time for the timer on the coolant explosives to run out. A low rumble shook the ground, letting them know it had gone off seconds before they saw the fiery blast from the middle of the base. A massive ripple traveled from this explosive center, the cuncussion wave tore apart any sense of structural stability that the base might have once had, reducing it to a mere pile of rubble. "Just in case,"said Argon,"someone survived that..." He pressed the detonator for his other explosives. Pillars of fire erupted from the already ruined base. Bodies were seen, flying up to twenty meters in the air, and dropping back into the inferno they had narrowly escaped. "Come on,"said Argon,"Daishi's gonna want a status report soon..."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
November 17, 2001 9:59:39 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
DW unpacked the cases of weapons he had brought on the mission.  First he carefully took out all the grenades one by one he had packed. "Lets see here...some WW-41 CryoBan grenades for the troops, C-22 Fragmentation grenade, EMP grenades, White Phosphorous grenades, and Thermite grenades...I can have fun with these." DW said with a wide grin. Then DW opened up another case, this one was full of guns. "What do we have here?  Ah, here's my T-27A2 BlackJack Riot Supression Rifle, what else do I have in here...here's my A280 Armor-Piercing Heavy Blaster Rifle...and lets see..." DW took out the rest of his weapons which included a 8-gauge Shotgun, Whisper Subsonic Slugthrower Sniper Rifle, and a MRB-10 Medium Repeating Blaster. A few minutes later, the miner who was sent to find the other squad has come back with good news...he has located squad 3, Snake's squad and has realyed the message to Snake.  Everything was going great so far, soon DW and Snake will combine forces and take out their military targets. Now DW had a problem to face, how is he going to distribute all these weapons. "I hope Snake brought some extra stuff along too."

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Demi Wraith
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1]
-----------------------
Warrant Officer 1st Class Kain Rennok
FL/WO1 Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=MA=] [VC:Silver]
-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

November 18, 2001 6:00:42 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
  All of squads 1 and 4 were sitting around a large wooden table. Miners watched from the darkness behind them as the flickering light from a fire showed a spread of paper layed out before them.   They were currently making plans as to how they could take the base quickly and get out before being trapped. They were mostly following Timber Sadans earlier plan for rescuing Raz and Snipe, which was cut short by the squad getting there before Raz was actually captured by the enemy squad. (see his plan above)     The plan did however contain one slight adjustment, Raziel had offered to try and sneak into the enemy base from behind and take out their communications. It would be risky, but if it worked it could stop any chances of reinforcements.   "Ok, everyone's now agreed on the plan, the miners sweep outside the base. Some of us snipe and others hijack the supply truck?" Timber asked. He looked around at each mans face and studied their expressions. Each of them looked solemn, gathering thoughts and trying to help.   "Agreed!"   "Fine by me"   "Ok, we do this!"   The troopers slammed their chairs against the table as they each stood. The way they moved was hard and deliberate, each man now showing a determination to win through and survive.   They scurried around collecting weapons and explosives. Raziel was suprised that no-one had to issue a single order this time to get them moving. Some of the greens were really beginning to show some talent now!   "Ok we move now! Dez go assemble the miners, Raz get your lads ready for action. We go on foot."   Raziel had fallen into a subserviant role to TS but he didnt mind. TS had for more experience.   "One more thing" Timber started "Someone else is sneaking in with Raziel, any voulenteers?"  

-----------------------
Double Agent
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  19
November 18, 2001 7:48:28 PM    View the profile of Double Agent 
"I'll do it," said Agent, raising his hand.  It had been a long time since he'd done any real carnage, and he couldn't wait to do some more.

-----------------------
"Whenever i see something screech across the
room and latch onto a guy's neck, and the guy
screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh,
because, what is that thing?"

SGM Double Agent
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

November 19, 2001 2:10:43 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The Corvette Scythe sat in the hangar, repairs complete and crew safely back on board. Fish sat at the controls prepping her for launch. "This is Magadon requesting launch clearance," he spoke to the tower controller. "Roger Magadon you are clear to depart, come again." Not likely, thought Fish. The Corvette pulled out of the hangar slowly, turned as soon as it was clear and Fish ignited the ion engines and moved away from the station. Almost as if planned, a pair of flashes showed from the planet's surface followed by giant circular clouds forming in the atmosphere. Almost at the same time, the station behind them exploded into a cloud of debris and burning gas. The Scythe shot into hyperspace bound back to Tadath. Mission accomplished.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 19, 2001 5:57:37 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[Hey, we're not supposed to end it this early...] Argon relaxed in the Scythe's lounge, remembering the beautiful explosion that base had turned into. It was a wonderful time to be a Fallen Angel... [I hope someone decides to give us another mission, we finished this one pretty fast...]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

November 20, 2001 7:54:53 PM    View the profile of Fury 
OOC:  Since the FA is enroute to Tadath, consider the rest of the week leave time for you guys.  You earned it. As for the rest of you guys, have a Happy Thanksgiving - even for those of you who don't commemorate it.  Post if you'd like to - really, post if you want to - but basically have a good leave.

-----------------------
CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
November 21, 2001 1:31:21 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Shoot I didn't get to do my Quake Master routine that I had put all this time into working out, oh well. Next time I guess.

-----------------------
Barron Administrator Daishi
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
November 23, 2001 10:46:06 AM    View the profile of Shadow 
Shadow ran his right hand along the sword hanging at his side. Its curved blade glistened in the light. It had been all too long since the tempered metal had met with flesh and bone. A shudder ran over the mercenary turned soldier in anticipation of the coming battle. Most likely, though, he would be using another weapon entirely. Shadow felt to his other side to find his E-11 Sharpshooter rifle hanging there. He had a lot of practice up there in space, and he thought he would be ready. But he had never used a blaster of any kind in battle . . . on his home planet, energy weapons were outlawed. So they used other things to get the job done - slugthrowers, poision, swords - whatever it took. Snake had been eager to see Shadow and Quin coming off the transport. Not only were they reinforcements, but they had even more weapons with them. The sight of more guns seemed to have eased the fears of Demi Wraith, who had since distributed the weapons out among the Dark Dragoons and the Raiders. Shadow shifted uneasily once again in his uniform. He was not used to this at all. Back as a mercenary he had worn a black jumpsuit and a black mask over his face. At least his face was still hidden in this getup. Jedi leaned over to him as he noticed his fidgeting. "You okay there, Private?" Shadow turned and stared at him. There was a long, awkward silence. "Does something appear to be wrong?" he questioned after a long time. Jedi shook his head. "Guess not," he replied, walking away. Shadow leaned back against the wall and continued to examine his blaster rifle. He wished his dog could've come along with him on this mission, but Colonel Talon had ordered that Interceptor stay back on the starship. Oh, well. Interceptor would just be missing out on the fun. From what Snake had said, this was going to be an interesting mission. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jedi wandered back over to the rest of the Raiders. "That guy's a little touchy, don't you think?" he asked, nodding his head toward Shadow. Snake nodded. "I heard he killed his own family for five credits." Quin shuddered. "That dog of his almost bit my arm off back before the drop. If Talon hadn't jerked me out of the way..." "Oh, come on," Otto said. "He can't be too bad. Maybe he's just a little unsocial. I'm gonna go try to talk to him." Snake placed a hand on Otto's shoulder. "Corporal, I wouldn't recommend that. You see that sword he's got?" Otto nodded. "Do you think it would feel good if he stabbed that thing right-" Snake tapped a finger against Otto's chest "there?" Otto drew back. "Hmmm, I guess not." "Well, hopefully he adjusts sooner or later," Jedi said. "Maybe he's just taking a while to get used to modern technology. He is from a primitive world." "Not primitive," Demi Wraith said, walking over. "Just different. There was a huge catastrohpe there involving modern weapons, and the government outlawed all spacecraft and energy weapons. But that doesn't make them primitive. I bet you Shadow there is smarter than any of us." Snake nodded. "He's mean as hell, too." "Well, hopefully, you can get him to channel that aggression in the upcoming mission," DW countered. "Now, c'mon - we've got a briefing to give."

-----------------------
TRP/1PFC Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 23, 2001 1:39:56 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Instead of sitting around doing nothing, the Fallen Angels decided to drop in on Wildcard Platoon and offer their services. The CRV Scythe came down on the planet, landing shockingly close to the command area. Daishi stepped out,"Hey, you guys need any help..."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
November 23, 2001 10:17:06 PM    View the profile of g5 
On the way back to the Mantell Mining warehouse Snake saw a Marauder Corvette descend towards one of the major drop points. Realizing that the FA were here to help on the mission He got out his comlink. "Dai, bring your men to the Mantell Mining warehouse in the village. We'll link up and the dark dragoons, dearth knights, FA and raiders can fight side by side. We'll be unstoppable."   "sounds good. We'll be right there"   Snake kept on marching towards the warehouse. He couldn't wait until he could get out of his armor, put on miner clothes, get armed and go fight. He was hoping his satskar sword had come down with therest of the fresh equipment. he was supposed to stay light but his rule to live by was never leave behind something that might help you. When they got to the warehouse the miners already had clothes ready for them. Snake had to modify his to provide enough room to carry the large number of weapons he had. Many were to be distributed among the other troops but he was still carrying the most by far. He was happy to see that his knives and sword had come planetside. He strapped his sword to his side, slipped a knife in his belt and hid the last knife in his boot. He packed all his other personl gear on his back and into his coat. The last thing he did was strap the mm9 rocket system to his wrist. he dropped all the rockets into an easily accesible pocket. He was redy to do battle.

-----------------------
TO:A/1Lt G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Droma
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
November 23, 2001 10:55:31 PM    View the profile of Droma 
    The shuttle landed, the hatch opened, the new recruits began to run out of the shuttles. Droma got out of his seat and followed. He looked around at the other shuttles and the troops running out of them, he couldn’t believe that he was actually doing this; he was a Imperial Stormtrooper at last. After all of the training and conditioning, he was done. Droma ran to the back of the shuttle and got his equipment out, checked to make sure everything was there, then put his backpack on and then started walking around the camp looking for his squad. He would soon be meeting up with the rest of his squad, the Dread Knights. He looked around to find where they were but didn’t see them right off, Droma walked up to a officer, saluted, waited for the officer to return it and then asked, “Sir, where could I find the Dread Knights?” the officer thought about it for a moment and then responded, “I think they’re over there, the Dread Knights and the Fallen Angels don’t normally stay with the rest of the squads, they’re right outside of the camp.” Droma thanked him and then set off for his goal.     After about ten minutes of walking Droma arrived. The rest of the squad was sitting around cleaning they’re blasters and packing up their explosives. Droma walked into the circle of the camp and set down his gear. Argon looked up and smiled, “Aaahhh! You must be Droma! Welcome to the Dread Knights boy!” Droma took off his helmet, smiled and replied, “Thank you Sir, good to be here.” After he had met the rest of the Fallen Angels they all sat down and ate. After that Droma got out his small arsenal and started going thought it. Argon looked over and whistled then said, “Man, you’ve got quite an arson for a new recruit.” Droma glanced up and said, “Yes’ir, my parents have a lot of money and they game me some to buy weapons once I found out I was going to be in the Fallen Angels, seeing as how they have a reputation for being crazy with explosives and heavy blasters, I thought I should fit in.” The rest of the squad smiled in acknowledgment.     A few hours later Argon got a message that there was going to be a briefing later and that the Fallen Angels should attend. Argon told everybody to pack everything up and head into the main camp. As Droma went about doing that Dragoon came up and slapped him on the back and said, “Welcome to the Dread Knights, you’ll be with me and Argon most of the time, stick close to us until you get the hang of this, good luck.” Droma smiled and thanked him and then went back to packing up. After everybody was packed up they headed back toward the main camp.

-----------------------
The Trooper That Is Stupider, The Studdly Stormie, The Great Odd One, The VE Loser, Droma. 
"I Am The Youth Of The Nation And Of The World, Therefore, I Am Its Future, Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid." "Boom, Opps, There Goes My Parents, Darn."                
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 24, 2001 9:52:40 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Stormtrooper stood at the head of the table as the Fallen Angels gathered for their briefing. "Attention,"he said,"I'm gonna start the briefing now." The Fallen Angels took their seats and got ready to commit more acts of random insanity. "Okay,"began Stormy,"the mission we've got for you guys is the same one you seemed to enjoy so much last time.  Go behind enemy lines, and commit random acts of terrorism against them.  Questions?  Good, get to it." The Fallen Angels dispersed, each planning a beautifully intricate and deadly plot against their new enemies...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

November 25, 2001 12:45:13 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Talon and Fury were sitting in a local restaurant, eating the brullaki that they themselves had sold to the proprietor.  It had been a very, very long day.  First, Snake had sent some unknown miner to come banging on the door of the suite of rooms that the Imperial Center accountants would want answers and receipts for later.  Apparently a heavily modified Marauder Corvette had landed at the local starport and was unloading an astonishing load of contraband, arms, and rough looking creatures.  Apparently they were setting up military perimeters and generally looking like they were looking for a fight. Fury did a few things at this point.  First, he tipped the miner and sent him on his way.  Second he kicked Talon's door open and went on to rouse Cosmic.  Third, he put on a fresh pot of coffeine. Fourth, he sent the datapad holding orders he had for the Fallen Angels into the nearest fusion reactor. Within the hour, the FA was officially "hired" by Imperial Center to provide security to the locally contracted offices as security forces and procurement agents.  Not that this would fool many people for long, but rather than having cover completely blown, it would do for the next day or so. Next was to develop a plan.  Actually that would take some input from the commanders on the ground.  Just in case, he notified the Dominion to start getting the assault shuttles loaded up with sober troopers. What he could do however was to let Tadath know that the proposed strike on the armories in the Tion Cluster were a definite no-go.  Hopefully the navy could at least knock their production capabilities out of commission for the time being. Fury sighed.  He was used to the unexpected from the enemy.  It was the surprises from his own side that always started the damn migraines.

-----------------------
CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
November 25, 2001 1:02:46 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Sorry, but anyone has an idea where the EIH is? I'm totally lost but I still want to post.

-----------------------
[Navy - Fallen] FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)
[Army - Raxen] ETRP/CPL Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my TIE Bomber.'
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

November 25, 2001 8:43:45 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
  Ok Raxen as it goes the EIH and Wraiths are about to attack the training camp we were going to hit earlier. you remember the plan to hijack a truck? We had to not do that earlier, but we can do that now, except that me and Agent are also skeaning into the base before in darkness and taking out their coms centre.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 25, 2001 9:49:59 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
The Fallen Angels sent Fury a very nice "thank you" card for the cover he had provided, and started to get in position. Slipping past enemy lines was easy, even Droma and Dragoon, the new guys, managed that easily. When they arrived, Daishi lead the Fallen Angels Squad on one mission, and Argon lead the Dread Knights in another. When they reached an abandoned and hidden cave, Argon decided that this would be their base camp. They set up, and Argon gave some orders(never thought you'd see the day, eh?) "Master, you're with Dragoon,"he said,"do whatever you want, I don't care how you disrupt the enemy, as long as it happens.  Droma, you're with me, come on, I've got a couple of ideas.  Got it?  Good, let's go." With this, the Dread Knights split up, each group going their seperate ways. Argon had no idea what Master was going to try, but, knowing Master, it would most certainly be good, and he was instantly sorry he didn't order Master to tape it. Oh well, next time... Argon and Droma headed off, arriving at Argon's chosen target easily within a half hour. "Are you nuts,"asked Droma, seeing the target,"there's no way we can take out an entire company by ourselves." "I never said we were going to stand up and fight,"said Argon,"today, you're going to learn why one terrorist is more valuable than an entire company of regulars..."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:47:35 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 118  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >