Author
Topic:  Ch. 7 - Navy
Red5
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Ch. 7 - Navy
December 31, 2001 11:20:07 PM    View the profile of Red5 
(OOC: If I screw anything up, then tell me ASAP, and I will fix it immediately!) As Gravin was heading towards the flight leader, he got a comm  message, as did every other Imperial craft in the area. A very urgent message. "This is the VSD II Vendetta. We have been heavily damaged. Several other destroyers were ripped to pieces. Unkown attackers at this time. All ships in the area, we require assistance!" Moments later, shuttles began bursting out of the Devastator's hangar bay, heading toward the Vendetta. When the damage was clear, it was indeed heavy. Entire pieces of the ship were missing, others were charred beyond recognition. The Devastator began turning towards it, slowly at first, then with increasing speed as the extent of the damage was made known. Vendetta had less than a skeleton crew, half of them ready to collapse from exhaustion. They had been running non stop for days from a fleet they had encountered while scouting. Several other Victor Star Destroyers accompanied them, but they had all been destroyed. The fleet had fought well, the captain said, but it hadn't been enough. A holovid of the battle was being transferred to the Devestator for further analysis. And things were about to get much worse. Suddenly a dozen strike cruiser jumped in. They had been hastily configured, as if they were in the middle of modifications and got a distress call. Rukh shrieked over the comm, "I'm counting twelve strike cruisers, 4 of them modified as fighter transports!" Jmac came over the comm, "Yeah, and another four are long range missile platforms." The remaining four were normal strike cruiser, bristling with heavy and turbo lasers. The leader of each squadron came over his own comm frequency. The messages were basically the same: Protect the Devastator at all costs, and assist the Vendetta as much as possible. All ships that weren't on the verge of destroying another fighter turned and headed at full throttle towards the Devastator. Gravin watched dozens of small explosions on the underside of the Atrus. "How did those fighters get there so fast?" he wondered. "We didn't let them slip through, did we?" The enemy fighters turned out to be bombers. And they were flying directly behind the giant engines of the ISD. The Imperials were going to have to watch out for any other trick they had. The Imperial flights came in fast and deadly. Their lasers sliced through the shielding on the bombers, apparently only configured for defending against the engine wash of large ships. Another flaw in Republic technology, and another reason to force them out of power. B-wings and Y-wings were erupting everywhere. Suddenly they were gone; it seemed to short a time to destroy that many fighters, but they had.   ----------------------- [LCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)
[This message has been edited by (edited January 1, 2002 5:24:33 PM)]
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 31, 2001 11:20:08 PM    View the profile of Red5 
First off, yes, that is where I screwed up. Second, there are numerous VSDs in Fleet 2 of the Navy. Check the Order Of Battle before you tell me whats not in the fleet. And lastly, thanks for posting that part where I messed up. It makes it much easier. Also, Riel Fury, I think you are a little confused. The Vendetta came out of hyperspace near the battle (pulled out by an interdictor?) and called for assistance. It had been in a different sector altogether.
[This message has been edited by (edited January 1, 2002 5:26:28 PM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
December 31, 2001 11:51:05 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC: One, the Atrus isn't in the battle yet, it's the devastator fleet, and there are no VSD IIs either.  Right now it's one Interdictor, Six Carracks, Five Lancers, and the ISD II Devastator.  So, I guess somehow remedy those posts to prevent any more confusion. Second, as of right now we outnumber the rebels big time.  They have a Neb B and two squadrons of X-Wings, we have alot more, so I doubt any critical damage will be done to any of the ships in the imperial fleet...yet

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Emon
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  42
January 1, 2002 9:44:55 AM    View the profile of Emon 
Back at the Atrus battle... OOC: I think this is where you messed up Red Emon was zooming in on the flight leader of the third X-wing squadron and was able to get a few shots off before the rest of his flight started to help out there leader. " Three X-wings coming in fast on me! I need help and fast!" said Emon " Don't worry 1 4. We 1 3 is coming to your aid now."said Piett Emon started using his fancy manuvers while 1 3 came in and was able to blow one X-wing before they started to target him too. Emon then came to his aid. He shot a missle and it wizzed by the second member of the X-wing flight before it hit there leader, and he exploded compleatly. Emon then went on to target another member of the flight. Emon was coming in fast and could tell that his target was getting scared. Emon fired two warning shots, before he came in the brutal attack. He charged up his lasers to the heaviest duty form availible. Then, he let it all loose on  Blue 3/3. Emon watched as his target became nothing more but a fadding explosion in space...
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
January 1, 2002 6:56:52 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
(OOC: ok can someone plz explain whats happening with EACH Majority of the squadrons and where/ what they are doing im just a little confused now.)

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)[SRC]

"Aegis Squadron we dont need to improve because were already the BEST!"

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
Emon
ComNet Novice

January 1, 2002 10:14:52 PM    View the profile of Emon 
Ok, Riels fleet has been stopped by a rebel fleet, and is being prevented from meeting the Atrus, and the Atrus was attacked by a differnt rebel fleet.
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
January 2, 2002 3:04:46 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
The Devastator and the rest of the ships had the Neb B almost destroyed.  The shear weight of the ships that the Devastator had with it made quick work of the much smaller ship.  The Interdictor remained a safe distance from the battle.  The gravity wells were fully charged, and the Neb B had no chance of entering hyperspace.  "Sir, the Neb B is sending a surrender signal." Riel ignored the signal and watched the Neb B turn into superheated shrapnel. As it exploded, a larger Rebel Fleet was pulled out of hyperspace.  "SIR!!!  We have four Mon Cals, Six Neb Bs, and 12 Corvettes in system.  Orders?" Riel stared out of the viewport in shock.  "Call in all fighters, and hail the rest of my fleet.  They should be able to be here in less than an hour.  We can hold them off for that long." Nazgul Squadron and Aegis Squadron returned to the hangar bay and Riel sat in for the long haul.  The minutes crawled by as the Devastator traded shots with one of the Mon Cals.  The shields were holding quite well, and so far no ships were lost.  "Okay, order the Carrack Cruisers to form  up in front of teh Devastator and to concentrate all fire power on one ship.  When that ship is destroyed, move on to the next one.  Make sure they manuever enough so they don't take concentrated fire from the fleet for too long.  They're fast enough that they can escape it." The ensign saluted and relayed the command to the rest of the fleet.  "How long until the rest of the fleet arrives?" "Seven minutes sir."  Riel nodded "Are any of the ships damaged?"  "Yessir, we lost three lancers, that leaves us with two.  We've taken out the shields on one of their Mon Cals, though." Riel nodded and silently cursed.  Lancers were hard to come buy, and were very expensive, but they were the best at taking out small fighters. The first of the fleets ships jumped out of hyperspace.  It was the Imperial Star Destroyer Nemesis, and it appeared just port of one of the Mon Cals.  The captain began firing the turbolasers against the shields of the Mon Cal.  The Mon Cal maneuvered to show the ISD fresh shields, when on the otherside the VSD II Vengeance popped out of hyperspace and lanced turbolasers across the already weakened side.  The ships of the offensive fleet began flooding in, and before long what looked like a possible defeat turned into a rout...   ----------------------- Captain Riel Fury Navy Executive Officer Raptor Five Founder of Aegis Squadron
[This message has been edited by Riel Fury (edited January 2, 2002 3:27:29 PM)]
Rukh
ComNet n00b

January 2, 2002 5:08:16 PM    View the profile of Rukh 
[OOC: Sorry for posting so little latly guys, I've been busy doing other stuff. I hope to get back to posting alot more. ]     “Fallen, help me out here! I’ve got someone on me!” Rukh said into the commlink. “Roger that Rukh, be right there.” Fallen’s reply came as Rukh juked and dodged. He pulled up trying to lose the fighter on his aft but the pilot was too good. He followed Rukh up and around as Rukh suddenly broke off towards Fallen’s direction. “Comin your way Fallen, be ready to vape him.”     “Gotcha Rukh, I’ll be ready.” Fallen said. Rukh continued to dodge as he flew towards Fallen. A laser bolt narrowly missed his Skipray as he approached Fallen. “Now Fallen!” Rukh yelled. Red laser fire came from the Gunboat and clipped the wing of the fighter that was behind Rukh. The wing broke off and the fighter went spinning off into space. Rukh turned around and went after it, letting loose a furious volley of blaster fire. It disintegrated and exploded and Rukh went flying through it for the fun of it.     “Good job Rukh,” said Fallen, “Wing me.” As Rukh swung around to wing Fallen he said, “Thanks for the help Fallen, be right there.” ------------------------------------------------------------------     “There’s another one down, how many is that Fallen?” said Rukh. “I dunno, but I like my Gunboat and your Blastboat working together. They work nicely.” Rukh agreed and then headed off to find the next fighter to vape. The battle was drawing to a close. As much as Rukh hated killing, he had enjoyed this to an extent. Death was nothing to be taken lightly but Rukh was fully devoted to the Vast Empire, he would do anything to ensure its triumph. -------------------------------------------------------------------             Fallen and Rukh continued marauding around vaping everything they could find. Pretty soon there wasn’t much to kill in their part of the battle. Finally when they couldn’t find anything else they asked for orders from Kain. “You two just stay over in that part of the fight and protect our fleet, got it?”     “Yes’ir!” Fallen and Rukh chimed in at the same time.         

-----------------------
FM/SRCRW Rukh/Aegis 3-2/1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VE/[=A=][=SA=] Dillon "Rukh" Lazar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRN/IN Rukh/VCF Deathscythe/VEDJ/VE Dillon "Phoenix" Lazar
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud Owner And Pilot Of The Skipray Boat "Starscream" 
Emon
ComNet Novice

January 2, 2002 6:48:27 PM    View the profile of Emon 
Emon just got the comm from Riel's fleet, and thought that if they were able to destroy the fleet they were facing now, that they would able to go and help the other fleet, after some major repairs. Emon and the rest of his squadron were still going after X-wings. Emon had nailed about three of them, and he was about to get one more when he got a message from the Atus. "Attention all fighters! The Y-wings are bombing us bad, we are taking heavy damage! All fighters return to the Atrus to help defend the ship." said the Atrus Piett came over the comm and told the squadron to obey orders and they returned to the Atrus. Emon came close and put a Y-wing in his targets . He hommed in and launched his now very highly charged lasers at him and then Zed moved in and assisted Emon with two missles, and then Emon finished him off with a couple more laser shots. Now, they just had about twenty more of them tod destroy...
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
January 2, 2002 10:12:01 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen swung his gunboat together with Rukh's gunboat and sent a message over the Rukh. 'Rukh, I'm going for the rebel cruiser's major guns. Cover me.' 'Roger that. Over.' After seeing Rukh's gunboat fall neatly behind in perfect formation with his, Fallen dived down towardsthe cruiser, avoiding all the shots from the cruiser and aimed for the big guns. He was rewarded with an explosion coming frombelow. A reaview glance confirmed that Rukh had finished off the remaining guns in that area. Fallen gave a thumbs up. 'Good job Rukh, you were fantastic out there.' 'Heh, I was always on the bull's eye. Let's take this ship into pieces!' Before Rukh had even finished his sentence, Fallen picked up a new series of transmission on his radar. Checking his logs, Fallen realised and picked up speed. 'Hey Rukh. Enemy fighters coming on. Check your reading.' 'Roger that. A flight of X-wings. We should be able to pick that pretty easily.' Fallen nodded. Guys, close up fornation. We are going to take them ship by ship.' Fallen dived into the heart of the tiny battle and Flight 3 started blasting rebels ship up. It was totally fun.

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 2nd Class Felix 'Dog Ace' Fallen [Army Alias: Raxen]
Aegis Flight Three Pilot One, Lusthawk Nine, Astral Guard Member
FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)
Proud Owner of a XG-1 Starwing Gunboat

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Gunboat.'
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

January 2, 2002 11:33:14 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: Ok, Emon, I'm totally confused here.  Are we still in the sim or out in real space?

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-2/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN [=A=][=SA=][BRC][BRC][SV]

"For Viper Squadron, 'Failure' is not in our vocabulary." - Tarkin
Emon
ComNet Novice

January 3, 2002 8:03:55 AM    View the profile of Emon 
OOC: We are in real space, we are under attack by a rebel fleet, we are out of the simulator.
scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
January 3, 2002 4:30:30 PM    View the profile of scout 
Scout's Tie jolted as another laser hit him. He curses under his breath, breaks to the right and gets behind the A-wing and lets out a burst of lasers. He smiles as he sees the fireball in front of him. He targets the next rebel and quickly gets locked into a close fight. The rebel make A-Wing tries to dodge it but the laser bursts tear right through it transforming the starfighter into a mass of scrap metal and fire. Scout reports "This is Viper-3, I've bagged two more A-wings!" CR/FM scout/viper 1-3/m/ssd artus/ve/ven

scout's starcraft center, best place for stuff that is Starcraft.please vote for me

scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
January 3, 2002 4:30:38 PM    View the profile of scout 
Scout's Tie jolted as another laser hit him. He curses under his breath, breaks to the right and gets behind the A-wing and lets out a burst of lasers. He smiles as he sees the fireball in front of him. He targets the next rebel and quickly gets locked into a close fight. The rebel make A-Wing tries to dodge it but the laser bursts tear right through it transforming the starfighter into a mass of scrap metal and fire. Scout reports "This is Viper-3, I've bagged two more A-wings!" CR/FM scout/viper 1-3/m/ssd artus/ve/ven

scout's starcraft center, best place for stuff that is Starcraft.please vote for me

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
January 3, 2002 6:07:05 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Tarkin's TIE Interceptor dived downward.  Four X-Wings were on his tail.  The simulator really helped him out on getting more comfortable with more difficult meneuvers. He went side-to-side, trying to shake them, but it wasn't working. They continued their pursuit.  Tarkin quickly dove upward, put on the brakes, and his craft was passed by the four X-Wings.  He was now in the back of them. "Viper four, this is Viper two. I'm in pursuit of four X-wings and I spotted three headhunters coming up fast on my tail.  Need assistance, over."  Said Tarkin. "Copy that, Two. I'm on my way."  Replied Emon. Emon's TIE Interceptor just destroyed a Y-Wing and was now enroute to Tarkin's position. Tarkin took a deep breath and set his laser cannons to rapid fire mode.  His lasers were blurring through space and at the unexpecting X-Wings.  Three X-wings were destroyed, and the last one was heavily damaged. Tarkin pursued.  The headhunters were now four miles behind Tarkin.  Emon was coming in fast.  "Emon, get behind the headhunters." Said Tarkin. "Acknowledged." Replied Emon. Emon got behind the Rebel headhunters and fired when they were within one mile of Tarkin. "Crap, where'd this guy come from?" Yelled the lead headhunter. "Headhunter's two and four, take this guy out." "Copy that." Tarkin quickly fired on the damaged X-wing and destroyed it.  He quickly turned sharply to the right, and he knew that the headhunters would continue persuit. Emon quickly fired on the lead headhunter and damaged the cockpit of the rebel craft. "Crap! I've have a malfunction in my cockpit locks.  I have to report back to base other wise my cockpit is goi-"  The ship exploded in a ball of flame before the pilot could finish his sentence. "Beautiful shot, four." Said Tarkin.  "Thanks, Tarkin.  Hey, I now have three headhunters on my tail, and they're really aggressive this time.  I'll need lasercannon-flyby from you." "Alrighty." Replied Tarkin. Tarkin increased his speed to full throttle and transfered all shield power to the weapon strength.  "Ready when you are. Bring them on." Said Tarkin. Emon was at full throttle and going head-to-head with Tarkin.  Tarkin was coming up fast...he fired at the Headhunters with his lasercannons.  They all exploded and were completely destroyed. "Good job, Emon." "You too, Tarkin." Replied Emon. "Ok, let's head towards the Atrus. I've heard that they are under heavy fire." Said Tarkin. "Roger."

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
[OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1]
-----------------------
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

January 3, 2002 6:10:22 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: Sorry, the above post was meant to be under this nick.

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-2/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN [=A=][=SA=][BRC][BRC][SV]

"For Viper Squadron, 'Failure' is not in our vocabulary." - Tarkin
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

January 3, 2002 6:21:03 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf stood on the bridge and witnessed the Atrus get nailed. He realized he couldnt take it any more. "Paan is there any fighters left from the overhaul?" the admiral replied gravely, "no we barely had enough ships for everyone to use as a matter of fact." paan then yelled out an order to some station then came back, "However i do have a rare exception you might be able to pull out a fully deadly potential of it." loneWolf looked at him then said, "Where sir i must help my friends and serve the Vast Empire the way im supposed to." The admiral singaled for one of the gaurds to come, "Take this pilot to the captured fighter from our last battle with the NI" LoneWolf fallowed the officer until they came to a turbo lift witch the pilot didnt know existed before. LoneWolf then began to strap on his gloves from his flight suit witch he still wore from being captured. once the lift stopped he saw a private hangar bay with a Tie Phantom in the middle. LW asked the guard, "this? i can fly this? isnt supposed to be analysed for intel?" the officer responded, "we already anylised it and extracted all the info we needed. we even reset the computer to match all VE ships and if the admiral said for me to bring you here then you must surely be able to fly it." LoneWolf only nodded back then jogged over to the ship and played with the locks on it then proceeded to get in it through the bottom hatch with acted like a lift. Once inside LW found the main pilots control counsol and fired up the engines and strapped himself in. hed seen these things flown before once he took a moment to figure the controls he initiated the cloaking device then say parts of ths ship dissapear. LW laughed outloud then brought the fighter into the space outside the artrus it was only a matter of minutes before he found his first prey, it was one of the Ywings running at the artrus. LoneWolf fired and saw parts of the ship come back into visibilty very breifly then dissipate into dust, same for the Ywing as well as it turned into a fireball then into nothing. LoneWolf grinned as he continued his work under his cloak.

-----------------------

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
Navy's best pilot
Red5
ComNet n00b

January 3, 2002 6:50:41 PM    View the profile of Red5 
The Devastator forwards shields were failing. A thought came into Riel's head. "Blast the side of that Mon Cal, the one without the shields. All turrets." He watched a green lances of energy shot out and the side of the cruise blackened. "Now tractor it and bring it in to those weakened shields. Do not let it turn around!" It was a classic maneuver. The ship shielded it from any blast, and the Republic wasn't about to fire on its own ships, especially not a Mon Cal cruiser. Explosions rocked the ship. It was one of the strike cruisers, bombing the ship from afar. He pulled it again. "All turrets, disable that ship, then get me another one and haul it up here to the bridge." That would be a very risky maneuver. One wrong move, and the bridge would be hit pretty bad. "A Corvette will do nicely." He hailed Nazgul squadron. "Nazgul, take care of that strike cruiser over hitting us. We're taking enough damage as it is!" He watched with approval as Nazgul followed his orders immediately. Soon the cruiser would be no more. And his fleet would be reaching him any second.

-----------------------
[LCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Emon
ComNet Novice

January 4, 2002 10:45:01 AM    View the profile of Emon 
Emon was getting kind of worried now, he knew that the Atrus was a strong ship, but he didn't know how much longer it would be able to hold out against those Y-wings.  Emon himself had taken a little bit of damage from those X-wings, he just wished his T/I had those special features that his brothers had... "V/4, this is V/1. I need to you fly on my side. Zed will be on the other side. We are going to try this and see if we can get more fighters this way. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BREAK UNTIL I SAY!. When I say go, get in the line." said Piett "Roger" said Emon "NOW!" yelled Piett Emon, Zed, and Piett all formed a line and started to fly right at a squadron of X-wings. Emon knew from the start it was going to be hard to stay in this formation but he didn't know it was going to be this hard. " On my word, start to fire on those X-wings."said Piett. " NOW!" yelled Piett Emon, Zed, and Piett all started fireing there cannons at the squadron of X-wings, who were now confused about there formation. They could eaisly take them straight on, and destroy them eaisly, but they were afraid that they would suddenly do a 360 move and get behind them and then they would be in big trouble, but it didn't seem to scare them, but they weren't fireing. All of a sudden, Piett instructed the very move that the X-wings where afraid of. That 360 type thing. OOC: Im not the best with flying terms :P ) They quickly did the 360 type move and got behind them and let loose on them. They had about four or five destroyed before they were able to pull out of the fire and break out of formation, where the rest of Viper squadron was able to  finish off the rest.
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

January 4, 2002 2:40:24 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf took out a full squadron by him self. he didnt want to let any one know he was there yet. he looked and saw both the VE command ships in trouble but he didnt know who to help first. he targeted another Ywing and quickly destroyed it.then realised someone saw him. he checked he radar and saw a flight of xwings move to where they porbably saw him last. LW only grinned and flipped his ship behind the Xwings then unleash a rain of deadly green bolts upon the enemy ships. While on the bridge he found out that he could become a dark jedi, LW only accepted the offer and decided to fallow the admirals orders. Lonewolf could sense something different now, the way the battle moved or something but his senses were greater. he could predict where the enemies were moving almost. LoneWolf stretched oout with his desperate feeling of fear and hate against the rebels. he continued to slaughter as much of the rebels as he could falling deeper into his rage. eventually LoneWolf fell into a laugh from the pure rush of the battle. "is that the best the great New Republic has to offer!" he laughed, "You may have us by our throats right now but well have you by the heart! Long Live the Vast Empire!" LoneWolf continued through with his rage. he finaly began to see light at the end of this battle.

-----------------------

Navy's best pilot
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
January 5, 2002 12:23:43 AM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
Kain banked left as the X-Wing exploded in pieces.  Then he targeted a flight of Y-Wings that were heading for the Devastator. "Flight 1 follow my lead and take out those Y-Wings, we gotta take them out before they launch their torpedoes!"  Kain shouted over the comlink. Kain and the rest of flight 1 regrouped veered towards the sector that the Y-Wings were flying towards.  They were closing in on the Y-Wings. "OK guys get ready, we're gonna try take them all out at once." Soon they were in range and their targeting cursor blinked red. Two TIE Fighters and a YF-19 fired their cannons simultaneously and mercilessly at the slow moving Y-Wings. One after anonther, the Y-Wings exploded in a brilliant flash of light. "Good job guys.  Fallen I want your flight to make your bombing runs on those capital ships, Sk8 I want you and the rest of flight 2 to cover Fallen's flight while they make their bombing runs.  If we keep this up we'll win for sure"   ----------------------- 2nd Lieutenant Kain Rennok FL/2Lt Kain Rennok/Aegis 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [VC:ST] [BRC] YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
[This message has been edited by Kain Rennok (edited January 7, 2002 5:49:29 PM)]
Rukh
ComNet n00b

January 5, 2002 2:36:53 PM    View the profile of Rukh 
    ‘Roger that Kain.’ Fallen said. Everybody gave their acknowledgments and got into position. Fallen headed off towards the capitol ships with Rukh on his wing and the rest of Flight 3 and Flight 2 behind him. ‘Alright everybody, we’re gonna do this as fast as we can. Place your shots as carefully as you can. Don’t waste anything.’     ‘Gotcha Fallen, I’m on your wing. Let’s go!’ Rukh said. They headed off towards one of the smaller capitol ships. Rukh didn’t know exactly what it was and didn’t really care. He never took time to study things like ship classes.     As they approached the ship a few enemy fighters came up to challenge them. Flight 2 took care of them easily enough, vaping everything as fast as they could. The closer they got, the more fighters came. Flight 2 had good pilots though and again handled them all easily.     The turbo lasers started firing as the two flights approached the ship. ‘Evasive maneuvers everybody!’ Yelled Fallen as he started into his own. Red turbo laser fire streaked past everywhere. Rukh was narrowly missed quite a few times and most of the others even more times.     ‘Everybody, go ahead and arm your missiles.’ Rukh said. He got a few double clicks in response and then started getting his missiles ready. Fallen and Rukh were armed the heaviest with Fallen’s Gunboat and Rukh’s Skipray.       Rukh started locking onto the bridge of the ship and then switched over to a smaller beamed frequency straight to Fallen. ‘Fallen, if you lock onto the bridge then we should be able to take this ship out in one or two runs.’     ‘Gotcha, we’ve got this,’ said Fallen, ‘Everybody lock onto the bridge! Fire one!’ Rukh released two proton torpedoes and watched them streak towards the ship. Fallen and the rest of the flight released their torps also, sending eight torps towards the bridge.      They all impacted with big balls of flame for each. The explosions, sending debris and bodies out into the vacuum, opened up almost the entire bridge.     ‘Woohoo! That should take care of it.’ Rukh said as he watched people being sucked into the vacuum and the ship going down.    

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Dillon "Rukh" Lazar/Aegis 3-2/1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/[=A=][=SA=]
TRN/IN Dillon "Phoenix" "Rukh" Lazar/VCF Deathscythe/VEDJ/VE
Proud Owner And Pilot Of The Skipray Boat "Starscream" 
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

January 5, 2002 2:38:56 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf checked his sensors and saw the battle faring ok enough were he felt he could leave to jump to the Devastator and the rest of Aegis. LoneWolf quickly entered the coordinats and engaged the hyperdrive and saw the stars streak into lines and eventually a blue tunnel. it was only a few minutes till he re appeared into normal space. he looked and saw the devesator in bad shape. he checked to see what else his phantom had then discovered duel missle tubes. Lonewolf Grinned then went in full throttle to the battle in his cloaked Phantom Tie Fighter.

-----------------------

Navy's best pilot
Corran
ComNet Member

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  552
Total Posts:  552
January 5, 2002 5:11:41 PM    View the profile of Corran 
"Flight 3, check in" Corran shouted down the comlink. "Viper 10 here" Warmaker said. "Viper 11" grl fury acknowledged. "12 here" BMW_fan33 said. "OK guys, we're going to try that 360 thing the other tried." "Guys, form up." warmaker ordered. "NOW!" Corran shouted. There was a sudden blaze of fire from the assault gunboats. but just before they were going to turn Corran realised too late that that's what they are. Assault gunboats. Not nearly as manuverable as the TIE inteceptors the others had. "OK were not going to make this" corran said down the comlink. "Yeah, I just realised too" that was BMW_fan33. "OK Lets corkscrew and try to get underneath them" Corran explained, "go... ...NOW!"

-----------------------
Petty Officer 2nd Class Corran
Navy Training Officer Adjutant

FL/PO2 Corran/Viper 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted teacake? - Talkie Toaster - Red Dwarf
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
January 5, 2002 6:58:43 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
After watching the bridge going down in flames, Fallen headed off. 'Okay guys. Not the time to watch it yet. We've got more jobs to do. Take out all loose fighters.' 'Roger that. I'm on my way.' Rukh said. 'Stick to your flights. Take 'em out suddenly.' Two flights splitted up and Fallen took his flight over to the hangar of the dying ship. 'Engage them at close range. Destroy them.'

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 2nd Class Felix 'Dog Ace' Fallen [Army Alias: Raxen]
Aegis Flight Three Pilot One, Lusthawk Nine, Astral Guard Member
FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)
Proud Owner of a XG-1 Starwing Gunboat

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Gunboat.'
Emon
ComNet Novice

January 5, 2002 10:00:42 PM    View the profile of Emon 
[This message has been edited by Emon (edited January 7, 2002 6:30:58 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

January 6, 2002 1:27:38 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
heh Im not in viper if you fallow me youd prob leave the artrus defensless just a reminder the devastator is being stopped on her way to help the artrus i was told Aegis is with the devastator and Viper for sure is with the Artrus. im not sure where Nazgul is at . Im going to the devastator because thats where my squadron is at. thank you.

-----------------------

Navy's best pilot
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

January 7, 2002 5:39:05 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf joing the battle without much hesitation he enjoyed the element of surprise but still realised the battle was going alsmost as bad as the artrus. LoneWolf saw every one from his squadron struggle through from one end of the battle then rush on to the next. LoneWolf realised that if the devastator was destroy then the artrus would most likely fallow. LW opened a private line to the bridge of the devastator and asked for the captain. "This is petty officer LoneWolf asking for the captain of the Devastator i need to talk to him immidatly." the bridge took awhile then a familiar voice came back. "Hey LoneWolf wrong time to be running a long run patch-" "im not giving you a long distance hail imin a Phantom Tie in the battle right now! the Artrus is in bad shape thats where i got to get this fighter." "how did you get a tie phantom?" "Paan Let me use it. Listen i think i know a way we can scare these rebels outta here just play along" reil sounded like he got the drift over the audio link. "OK ill hail the command ship just make sure you get there close enough to show 'em" "Ok Im goign to help get flight three free so they can get those turrents out of my way first ok?" "Ok but hurry we havent  got much time" riel warned but LoneWolf already knew what he was goign to say as he headed over to flight threes postion it looked like htey just took out a mon cal. "this is Aegis 2 hailing Aegis 9 this isnt a joke Fallen. " Lonewolf pulled up next to fallens skip ray. "Im in a cloaked fighter leave it at that i need you to attack the gun turrents on the command ship surrounding the bridge i need to get close enough to the bridge where they wont shoot me down." "Thatll be interesting to try and do" "ok take out the major threat ones ones which seem to have nothing to do  or i migh tbe in their range of vission." "Your in a cloaked fighter how can they see you!" "Not if i uncloak trust me if this falls down right well be able to go help the artrus." Fallen sounded uneasy but gave out the order in a few moments the command ship was being bombarded by flight three and lw's cloaked fighter. "Ok" LoneWolf said after they took out the few real obvious turrents. He opened a channel back to riel, "Im getting into position to make a pass hail them now and play a game of sarlacc with them lets hope we can bluff our way outta this!" "reil came back Ok dont get shot down!" then Lonewolf heard Riel over the primary channel and all other open ones. "this is captain of the Devastator hailing all new republic forces. Lower down your shields and surrender or retreat from teh battle area immidiatly. If you do not then youll feel the true wraith of the Vast Empire as our backup forces move to engage you." A Republic officer came back in a laugh, "you have no other forces Devastator we deteced none in the area before we attack too! it should be you doing what youve just said." "Oh really?" That was loneWolfs cue. he raced up from the top of the mon cal then uncloaked his fighter in front of the bridge and fired off two blind missiles at the bridged bringing the low shields begging down to its last breaths. Lone wolf circled around it again and fired several laser shots killing the shields then recloaked. Riel came back and said, "Now as a military thinker i wont tell you how many of these ships we have however i will tell you that i have a whole fleets worth! Now retreat Or be destroyed well leave your disabled ships as long as you head back home away from the Vast Empires territory. NOW!" the otehr officer came back uneasily, "well never!-" he was interupted by flight three's fire of several torps to the bridge and loneWolf's missiles which hit an engine causing it to go critical. the Mon cal erupted into fire from different direections but mostly from the rear. It was a few minutes till i was completely gone. Riel came back on and warned, "leave now or feel our wraith this is your last warning!"  A differnt vioce from the one before coe on through all rebel channels and the main, "By my authorization all republic forces are to retreat immidiatly!" LoneWolf grinned and imagined everyone he knew was too Riel then order Aegis to return to the Devastator to prepare for jump to the artrus location. Now loneWolf could only hope they would get thier on time to help out.

-----------------------

Navy's best pilot
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
January 8, 2002 4:58:05 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Japheth walked once around his fighter, to check for damage. He'd been hit, of course, no one could avoid that. Shields were a benefit. The older model TIE Fighters without them were like flying paper starships. At least the shields provided some extra defense. Japheth's own native skill protected him as well. Everyone got hit once and a while, the entire port shield array had collapsed. He went back to his quarters and changed out of his flightsuit, and grabbed a toolkit on the way back to the hanger. Sure the flight techs could repair his ship, be he liked to have a personal hand in it, more connection to the ship and all. He set to work.

-----------------------
Petty Officer Japheth
FM/PO2 Japheth/Aegis 1-4/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)

"Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore;
Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I just don't care"
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
January 8, 2002 5:22:03 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited January 8, 2002 5:31:51 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:31:52 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 130  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >