ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
  RE: Ch. 7 - Navy
December 24, 2001 3:31:23 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel walked onto the bridge of the Atrus, Paan's ship.  He couldn't wait to get a ship of his own, but that'll all come in time.  "Sir, I request permission to take three pilots with me on a little mission." Paan looked at Riel, then nodded his head.  "Take who you need, just make sure they come back in one peace.  We're not going to be like Isard was and use up all our pilots needlessly.  Good pilots are hard to find." Riel nodded and went to the Nazgul lounge.  "Denethor, Gravin, and Red5, come with me."  The three pilots followed Riel to the hangar bay.  In it was Riel's modified TIE Defender Blitzkrieg, the TIE Advanced Lusthawk, the B-Wing Sinister, and the R-41 Ashard's Hope. "These are the ships you will be using.  Each of them are my own ships, so treat them with care.  The mission is there are a few pirates out there in the Amorris system that need to be taken care of.  On first report we know that they have three YT-1300s and a YT-2000, plus a few fighters.  We're going to be outnumbered, but we have someone else coming with us.  We'll rendevous with him outside of Ord Pardon and then go to the Amorris system.  We may or may not get some capital ship support, but each of these ships have been modified with eight concussion missles, except for the Blitzkrieg, that has a few more surprises.  You have an hour to get back here.  I'd advise you to record a message for your families should you not get back from this mission." With that they rushed off to do just that.  Riel didn't talk about the Corvette he saw in the system not to long ago, but he figured Rogue Squadron would have finished that off.  He silently thanked Claw for the last little modification he did on his ship.  No doubt the tractor beam would come in handy. _________________________________________________ An hour later the four ships were off away from the Atrus.  Riel thought it must look like a rather rag tag group of ships, but they served the purpose.  "Set a course for Ord Pardon.  You'll probably need to refuel there, but be prepared for rebels or pirates." Riel pulled back on the lever and watched the stars expand.  __________________________________________________ Due to the speed of his ship, he knew he'd be the first out of hyperspace by as much as three hours.  Denethor, in his modified B-Wing, would be arriving then, with Gravin in his TIE Advanced shortly after.  Red5 would be about an hour or two after that, so then they should be ready to go.  Riel checked his sensors for any enemy craft in system, and didn't see any.  So he waited.  Someone hailed him on his com.  "Nice ship you have there, Riel.  Seems a bit too much weaponry though, it'll slow you down."  Riel recognized Bear's voice. "Want to do a little dogfight so you can see just how this thing does?"  Riel asked. "Why not, power down lasers so they'll just paint me, I don't want to have to explain to Paan how I lost one of his TIE Defenders." Riel chuckled and did that.  His sensors showed that Bear was three clicks behind him and coming in fast.  Riel boosted his shields to full power and set them double front, then faced Bear head to head.  Bear didn't expect the Defenders shields to be so strong, so when his sensors showed the shield power, he took it as a misprint.  Riel linked his Ion Cannons and his laser cannons and began shooting at 1.2 clicks away.  His targeting computer showed that he scored three hits on Bear's shield, taking it down to twelve percent quickly.  Riel checked his shields.  144% of the normal TIE Defenders.  Riel just laughed and slammed on his rudder.  The maneuverability was great, and Riel spun on a credit and was shown Bear's engines.  Riel squeezed on the trigger and watched as Bear went dead in space. "How was that, Bear?"  Riel asked "What the heck do you have on that thing?  A Star Destroyers shield?" "Not quite, but close.  Just something Claw whipped up for me." That was explanation enough.  "Well, you'll be pleased to know we have a Carrack meeting us on the sixth planet of the Amorris system.  We won't be alone." "That's good, well, let's wait for the Nazgul that'll be coming in..."   ----------------------- Captain Riel Fury Navy Executive Officer Raptor Five Founder of Aegis Squadron
[This message has been edited by Riel Fury (edited December 24, 2001 4:08:30 PM)]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
December 24, 2001 4:15:44 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 exited his ship and went to the bridge. Opun entering, Paan applaudded him and came over to congratulate him. "Nice job there sk8. If that cruiser had been allowed to leave, we could've had another battle on our hands." "Thank you sir. Well, the opportunity just arose and i took it." replied sk8. Sk8 got more congrats, then he left the bridge for the lounge. He needed a drink. He stopped by his quarter first, changed and then proceeded to the lounge. He walked in and ordered a drink. He saw Kalebb sitting at a table and went over to join him.  He sat down and talked to Kalebb about the previous mion's webpage. After about two hours, sk8 decided to go back to his quarters and get some much needed sleep. He returned there and fell into a deep sleep, almost immediately.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/INT sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
December 24, 2001 7:08:29 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin looked down to his left and saw that a squadron of K-Wings were coming up towards him.  He winged up with Piett.  "Piett, K-Wings, seven o' clock." "Alrighty." Said Piett. The two T/I's raced towards the K-Wings and fired.  Tarkin and Piett both aimed on the lead K-Wing and destroyed it. This caused the K-Wings to get confused on who was next in command, and gave them a 1 minute window.  Piett fired on one K-Wing's engines and knocked out the engines while he continued to fire on the cockpit.  Tarkin dove downward, then pulled upward and shot beneath the cockpit of the K-Wing and destroyed it. "Ok, there are three more K-Wings left. I'll take the right K-Wing and you take the left K-Wing.  Emon and Scout will take the K-Wing in the middle." Said Piett. "Copy that." Replied Tarkin. "Roger." Said Scout and Emon. The T/I's agility caught the K-Wings offguard.  Two T/I went upward and two went downward. The three K-Wings went after Scout and Emon.  Tarkin and Piett followed closely behind.  "Scout, put on your brakes......NOW!" Yelled Emon. Emon and Scout put on their brakes and the K-Wings flew right passed them.  Tarkin and Piett could now fire safely without having the risk of hitting their own friendlies. "Ok, kill their engines." Said Piett. "Copy that." Said Tarkin.  Tarkin's T/I speed up towards the K-Wing he was in pursuit with. "Shield strength at ten percent.  Speed is now at one hundred and ninety percent." Said Tarkin.  He then transfered the remaining shield strenth to duel laser fire, and fired on the K-Wing.  The K-wing exploded in a ball of flame.  Tarkin quickly pulled upward and got out of the way. ----------------------------------------------------------- Corran's assault gunboat shook after being grazed by laser fire.  "Ok, I'm going to take out this X-Wing from behind me with such great ease." Said Corran.  He armed his homing missile. "Alright...good tone." Said Corran as he pressed the Fire button.  The X-Wing tried to  get out of the way,  but it was too late.  The missile hit the pilot, making a huge hole in his chest before the X-Wing exploded.

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-2/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV][=A=][=SA=][=MA=]

"For Viper Squadron, 'Failure' is not in our vocabulary." - Tarkin
Denethor
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  1534
December 24, 2001 9:36:54 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
Back near the Ord Pardon system Denethor squirmed in the cock-pit chair of Riel's B-wing Sinister. He ahd almost fallen asleep when he noticed that the stars streaming by began to slow and turn back into little dots of white on the vast darkness of space.  When back into normal space the sensors of the B-wing showed him two TIE Defenders orbiting the planet on the far side, and also informed him that there was laser residue from a resent dog fight on one of the T/D's. Denethor knew one of them was Riel, because he recognized the signiture of the Blitzkrieg, but the other, the one with the recent dog fight signs, he had had no clue as to who it was. At that moment he patched in a comm signal to Riel's T/D but then his sensors went birzurk. There was a TIE Advanced coming out of hyperspace directly behind him, he knew it was Gravin in Lusthawk. He grabble the trottle and hit to max speed, then pulled a hard left, safley away from the hyperspace point, he stopped his ship. Once Gravin was into normal space Denethor opened a comm signal to him and yelled to him. "Watch it there Grav, you almost vaporized me!"             "Sorry, you being in a B-wing, I thought you were a rebel." replyed Gravin as fast as he could.         "You better watch the paint on my ship." bursted in Riel's voice over the comm. Denethor and Gravin greeted Riel with a unison "Hello sir."       "Hello boys, I'd also like you to greet Bear, he'll be joining us on our adventure." Riel replied   "Hi Bear." again said in unison "We'll have to wait a while for Red5 to show up, he's in a pretty slow ship, you can refuel here if you need it, but even if you don't I'd suggest doing so." So they refueled and then waited for Red5 to show up about an hour and a half later. Then headed off to the Amorris system.Before they left the system, they encountered one or two pirates in Z-95 head hunters but easily took them out, with their great skills as pilots and as team workers. Upon arrival to Amorris, their sensors informed them of  the exact Corvette that Riel had not told them of. It was posted one light year from their position.   "Umm sir, did you know about this Corvette before we left or did it just now show up?" asked Denethor, sencing that Riel was holding back something.       "Yes Denethor I did, I did not wish to inform you of it because you are the best new pilots that I could come by, and I did not want you to be intimidated by this great vessel." "With great effert and good shooting and luck we can take her down sir," implied Gravin. "I trust my men." "Thank you sir, you can count on us," said Denethor "I'm not a Flight Leader for nothing." So they set off to attack the corvette.....

-----------------------
FL/PO1 Denethor/Nazgul 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
PO1 Denethor
Flight 2 Flight Leader: Nazgul Squadron
"The only fun during war is when you win."
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
December 24, 2001 10:53:26 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
"Their Lying! why would he contact tow bigger ships then a petty Carrack Cruiser? I wouldnt make too much of it but be on your toes People!" LoneWolf finished barking then checked the progress the 'Nomad' and the 'Past' made a duel pass on the 'Nova Star' the shields buckled then the ISDII was ripped to shreds. the only thing left was one squadron of tie fighters who didnt know what to do but fight. LoneWolf Grinned then let all the fighters engage at will as he landed on the Golan station. Lonewolf armed his blaster then got off his ship to be gretted by several armed pirates. LoneWolf said respectfully, "Congrats for the capture of this station but well have to destroy it men." The higher ranking Mercinary replied, "Ok sir ill get those transports back here to get us on that VSD itll be a great capture for us." LoneWolf nodded then wen tto find his friend. Penny was working on downloading the main frame then truned around to greet Jace. "Bout time you got here missed all the fun!" "Tell me bout it. Download me a copy then lets get out of here set the self destruct too. Penny nodded then after a few minutes handed LoneWolf a disk then started the self destruct system. the two made a quick pace to their ship and launched off. LoneWolf looked out of his view port and saw the troop transports dock on the disabled VSD and worked on catching it. LoneWolf powered down his engines just in time to see the Golan Station destruct and give off a briliant glow LoneWolf unlatched the buckles holding him down then stretched out his arms and yawn, "Man! whata day of work!" LoneWolf setled back into his seat with his arms folded behind his head. "So whats up with that data you got?" Penny took a moment then said, "That last cruiser they called was captured by another faction of imperials probably didnt get that message. other than that nothing much else. so I guess that means you'll be going back" LoneWolf Looked back behind him then said, "You knew i would any ways. lets talk bout htis somewhere else how bout over a victroy drink on the 'Nomad'?" Penny nodded then LoneWolf docked on the strike cruiser then headed towards the lounge on the small but powerful command ship.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)[SRC]

"Aegis Squadron we dont need to improve because were already the BEST!"

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
December 25, 2001 3:33:10 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Could someone tell me what's going on? Kinda messed up at the momment ....

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 2nd Class Felix 'Dog Ace' Fallen [Army Alias: Raxen]
Aegis Flight Three Pilot One, Lusthawk Nine, Astral Guard Member
FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)
Proud Owner of a XG-1 Starwing Gunboat

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Gunboat.'
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

December 25, 2001 12:43:46 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC: Side stories since we're getting kinda bored, Fallen.

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
December 25, 2001 12:56:07 AM    View the profile of Gravin 
Months before the battle. On the planet  Coruscant..... Nazgul had just returned from a battle out in the Corsec region.... What a long and tiring battle we fought. Nazgul can use a rest after that Battle. Nazgul returned to there Barracks and CMDR Gravin headed up to see Riel. Riel was just counting the loses we had. Gravin Saluted and Riel saluted back.  "How many loses did the Wing have sir?" "Only five, but they weren't the greatest pilots we had" Riel responded. "That is still quite a loss" Gravin said. "Indeed it is since we cant afford that many loses with the ones we keep getting" Riel said. "Well I am going to go back to the Nazgul's barracks so I can get some sleep" Gravin replied. "Very well" Riel said "You have a long day ahead of you. Gravin left Riel's office and headed back to Nazgul's Barracks.... then the days of a long hard road where ahead of them.

-----------------------
CMDR/CWO Gravin/Nazgul 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)[VCB]
First Owner of I'm Smart pin
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 25, 2001 4:09:57 PM    View the profile of Red5 
The Correllian Corvette loomed ever larger in front of Nazgul Squadron. Red5 burst out laughing over the comm. A confused Riel Fury opened a channel to him. "Red5, whats so funny? Knock it off and get serious." "A mighty ship, indeed. I can't believe no one knows the weakness that thing has. It's only got two turbolasers. Now, if it was and Advanced Corvette, then we might have a problem. As it is, though, just fly around back and hide behind the engine block. That will shield you from its own lasers; we'll keep any other fighters off your tail." Red5 took off towards the Corvette, a little on the cocky side. Gravin was trying to get his squadrons spirits back up. "We can handle a couple of pirates. Just because they have a Correllian Corvette means nothing. It'll be gone shortly, anyway." He was right. In only seconds, concussion missiles  had blasted through the shielding. Bear was the only one to watch the explosion. It nearly took out Gravin, who had been behind it shooting. The first pirate fighter exploded, then another. A blast from a nearby freighter rocked Red5's T-41. He looked over to see it had been the engine block blowing up. More ships exploded. "Imperial pilots, this is Gravin. Don't let anything escape the system!" The pirate fighters, which were fleeing rapidly from Nazgul, were suddenly left alone as the Imperial went after any escaping freighters. The pirates fought terribly. All Nazgul pilots had to do was outmaneuver them, and that was a simple task. Only minutes later, the last pirate was killed. "That was short," said Red5, "And easy. A little too easy for me." Red5 slowed his ship and transferred power to his shields. Bear looked quizically at the T-41's readout. "What are you doing? Get in formation. We need to mark any cargo." His grumblings about inexperienced pilots was cut short by a scream from Denethor. "Heads up! X-wings, right on top of us!" Several seconds passed. "It's Rogue Squadron!" Suddenly the ships were out of formation, turning wildly to avoid the lasers of the legendary Rogue Squadron. "I knew it was a trap. I knew it!" shouted Red5, though his comm was off. He made an extremely sharp dive, nearly splitting his old Starchaser in half. He aimed it directly at an incoming X-wing, setting his shields doublefront. The X-wing pilot fired at him, shields weakening fast. 70%. 55%. The X-wing was only feet away. Red5 threw his Starchaser into a barrell roll, hearing metal scrape against metal. He glanced out the rear viewport just in time to see the X-wing compensating. He simultaneously fired a flare and pulled up and around. The X-wing, hit by a flare, was spinning out of control. Red5 tripled up his laser cannons and blasted away at the engines. They exploded, along with the ship, in a cloud of fire and debris. Denethor was in trouble. His B-wing wasn't maneuverable enough to evade all of the blasts. "I could use some help, here. Two X-wings on my tail, shields holding at 50%." Gravin jerked his ship sideways to avoid the chaff coming off of the fighter in front of him. "Hold on, Denethor, I'm on my way." His TIE/A came up and looped around, heading towards the two X-wings. He quadrupled his laser cannons, and came in shooting. The first X-wing had been concentrating too much to notice his approach. The second had seen it just in time, and had dove up, narrowly avoiding green lances of laser energy. He let loose a concussion missile, collapsing the shields on the first. A couple bursts of fire, and he was out of the fight. Forever. The other X-wing got lucky. He escaped back into hyperspace seconds before a concussion missile blew up where he would have been. All of the X-wings had been destroyed or chased away. That was certainly not expected. Bear called in for some of his Lancer Frigates to cover them during the remainder of the mission. "Nice job pilots. Now lets ID those cargo containers."
[This message has been edited by (edited December 25, 2001 5:46:22 PM)]
Denethor
ComNet Member

December 25, 2001 8:42:52 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
Sweat was dripping from Denethor's brow, as his heart stopped pounding from almost being blown to pieces by Rebels, the worst fate you could have as an Imperial. "Thanks for the help Grav, this B-wing is so immaneuverable, that if you didn't get here in time, I would've been space dust right now." said Denethor       "Hey I don't want to lose one of the best Flight Leader's I've had." Gravin responded. "Grav, he's one of the only you've had." piped in Riel.       "Yeah I know, he's just good, most pilots wouldn't have lasted that long in a B-wing with two X's on their tails." Grav said, defending himself. "Thank you sir." said Denethor.       "Don't call me sir." retorted Gravin. "Alright quit the chit-chat boys, we've got cargo to inspect," said Bear ruining all their fun. "But good job, we scared off Rogue Squadron, not many can say they've done that, and we all survived."       "Right, just keep your eyes out for re-enforcements, I only counted 7, there are usually 20 to a system," warned Denethor "And good shooting Red5, not many can do what you did, with that hunk-o-junk." "Hey that's my ship!!" yelled Riel They all got to inspecting, the first 3 were just filled with medical supplies and food. But the 4th had a little more....     "There's Rebel artiliary in here, the Rebels are supplying the Pirates, no wonder Rogue Squadron was here." Denethor piped in over the comm. "We gotta get Paan out here with some ships, to take out these pirates and keep this system Rebel free." said Riel.     "I'll go sir," said Denethor " I wanna get back in my TIE any ways. "No good Denethor, we need to all go at the same time, Red5 go to Ord Pardon, and we'll meet you there with the Atrus by o 5 houndred tomorrow, if we're not there head back to HQ." said Bear, giving senceable orders, as usual.   ----------------------- FL/PO1 Denethor/Nazgul 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE PO1 Denethor Flight 2 Flight Leader: Nazgul Squadron "The only fun during war is when you win."
[This message has been edited by Denethor (edited December 25, 2001 8:51:18 PM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

December 25, 2001 8:56:13 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel and Bear were sitting in the tactical room of the Carrack Cruiser looking at the battle readouts of the fight.  "I don't think that was Rogue Squadron," Riel told Bear.  "I mean, we're good, but not that good." "I agree," replied Bear.  "There is no way that was the real Rogue Squadron.  Maybe it was just some way for the pirates to scare us away?  If we thought this was sanctioned by the Rebellion, Rear Admiral Paan would think twice before coming in here." Riel nodded.  He walked up to the bridge of the cruiser Redemption and talked to the Captain.  "We're gonna examine the wreckage of that Corvette and see just what they were carrying.  When Rogue Squadron was here last, they were on an intercept course to that very same Corvette, and I don't see them losing unless they were ambushed."

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 26, 2001 10:44:45 AM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 was just dropping into low orbit over Ord Pardon when a Republic customs frigate, the Harbringer, came at him from the dark side of the planet. It was a Nebulon B class frigate, and it had been upgraded numerous times. "No way I can take this thing by myself." He thought. "As I can pass as a neutral craft, I'll be safe." He switched on a fake transponder ID, identifying him as a merchants private guard.     Starchasers were in use all over the galaxy, so it might just work. He hoped the X-wings in the Amorris system hadn't sent a report yet. His ship was smudged with the distingiushable red paint of Rogue Squadron. If that had really been Rogue Squadron.     All he could do was sit and hope. And begin descending towards one of Ord Pardon's spaceports, hopefully unnoticed. But no such luck.     "X-15, this is the New Republic customs frigate Harbringer. Your ship is not registered with the New Republic. Please bring your vessel to a full stop so we can bring you in." The Nebulon B came to a stop, facing him. He had to think quick; if his ship didn't give him away, his flight uniform would.     "Oh, sorry about that. I just, uh, just got the ship. It's my first time to fly a starfighter. I bought it off a used ship dealer passing through, so I don't know if it was stolen or what. But I've got the papers with me." The only papers he had with him were hand written letters from his family, who lived on Antares VI. He was really hoping they would take the bluff. Suddenly the ship began turning around.     "X-15, land on the planet. We will be returning soon." The ship started accellerating away from him. He wanted to know what was so important.     "Hold on! Can I know where you off to?" They were heading in the direction he had come from. "We had an operation in the Amorris system. Looks like its been hit by Imps. Heh heh, we had a fake Rogue Squa-." His voice was replaced abruptly with another. "The Republic can still put a warrant out for your arrest, so don't even think about leaving system."     He thought nothing of the sort. So, it was helped by the Republic. And it must have been fairly important, too. He sent a coded transmission to Riel's Carrack Cruiser. "There's someting more going on in the Amorris system. An Alliance frigate just picked up and left to go and reinforce them. And I think that the Rogue Squadron there may have been  fake. Someone on the frigate was boasting about there false Rogue Squadron, and he was suddenly cut off."
Denethor
ComNet Member

December 26, 2001 4:54:40 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
Just then, Petty Officer First Class Denethor, entered the bridge of Riel's carrack cruiser through the main door to the bridge and saluted Riel Fury.   "Permission to speak with you sir."announced Denethor "Permission granted, Denethor." replyed Riel.       "Sir, it's about Red5, well he's still in the Ord Pardon system awaiting pick up." "And?" asked Riel.       "Well sir, I was wondering if we are just leaving there or are we actually going to go and pick him up, I mean he IS in a very old Star Chaser, which belongs to you, might I add." "Hmm, you are correct, I will ask the Captain of this vessel to take us to the Ord Pardon system, I want you down in the hanger bay with the rest of Nazgul squadron, just incase we encounter any... disturbances." said Riel With that, Denethor walked down to the Nazgul lounge, which they had turned from empty quarters. Gravin, Ez8, Fare Fox, and Rogue were sitting in large chairs near the center of the room, chatting, while Dark_Ace was standing infront of the largest balk head, doing some un known task.     "We have direct orders from Riel Fury, we are to report directly to the hanger bay, we are going to Ord Pardon to pick up Red5. Riel has warned me that we may encounter some "disturbances", we must report there now." As Gravin was walking out Denethor pulled him to the side.     "Sir, I have a bad feeling about this "mission" that Riel is giving us, I don't think he's telling us something, and honestly I don't know if I like the idea of sending our men into something un-known." said Denethor.     "Calm down Denethor, I know this doesn't feel right, but you have to know that Riel trusts us I mean look at the Amorris mission, you don't think he would've taken us on that if he didn't think we could do it do you?"     "Sir that's exaclty why I'm worried, Riel never told us about that Corvette, I'm not saying that I don't trust Riel, he's a dear friend, but I just don't like this mission." And with that, Gravin and Denethor headed down to the hanger bay, where the rest of Nazgul was already assembled and the stars were streaming by through the view port. They'd be coming out of hyperspace soon. Nazgul boarded their TIE's. Denethor sunk into his cock-pit. God it felt good to be back in that thing, Denethor was completetly not claustraphobic, infact he LOVED confined spaces. He flipped on his comm.       "Nazgul 2 reporting in." Denethor spoke into his head set "Let's fight the fires and light the tires big daddy." The cruiser returned to normal space and they were given the go ahead exit the ship. Gravin left firstm then Ez8, then Denethor, and they were coming out into the orbit of Ord Pardon, when Red5 came up on the comm.     "Nice of you guys to show up, let's go home." Then the sensors went balistic, Gravin yelled over the head set...         "Rebel fighters at 3 o'clock, GO GO GO" Then Nebulon B had returned, and upon arrival, unleashed it's arsinal....   ----------------------- FL/PO1 Denethor/Nazgul 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE PO1 Denethor Flight 2 Flight Leader: Nazgul Squadron "The only fun during war is when you win."
[This message has been edited by Denethor (edited December 26, 2001 5:10:11 PM)]
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 26, 2001 6:43:21 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 was much closer to the Nebulon B than the others. Consequently, he was the first to be hit. His first thought was for his life. His second was for Riel's starfighter. He banked sharply to the left, calling for help. "Hey, everybody, I'm being ripped to shreds over here! I could use some help!" Gravin watched as an A-wing clipped the starboard laser cannon of Red5's T-41. He spun out of control. "Again, this is Red5. I'm missing a laser cannon, and lateral controls are shot. Gonna have to eject." "Negative, Red5, fly straight, full throttle. Head towards our cruiser, if you can." Short of getting out and pushing, there was no way he would. Shots hit Red5 suddenly, slamming his ship around wildly. One of the engines caught on fire. The Starchaser was wobbling like crazy now; it was all Red5 could do to keep it on a straight course. One engine was streaming fire and smoke, the others were overheating fast. But the sudden change of engine thrust had thrown him to one side, and he was still gently arcing. If he could just time it right, the cruiser could pick him up with the tractor beams. If not, he would just have to eject. Several more shots hit his ship, tearing a large gash in his wing fuselage. A concussion missile blasted the shreds still clinging to the cockpit clear off. Well, that ship was as good as gone. But he still held on. "Hold on Red5, I'm on it." It was Denethor, coming in fast. He watched as the ship following him blew up. Denethor, though, overestimated the fighters hull strength, but quickly realized it; however, several shots sailed through the area where the X-wing had been, nailing Red5 in another good engine. The Starchaser was as good as gone. Red5 still wouldn't give it up. The front of his fighter was blown off by some stray turbolaser blasts from the New Republic frigate. Ez8 glanced quickly at his readout of Red5. Then he glanced with a concerned look on his face. "Red5, you're at 0% hull!? Looks like you're. . .Oh man," he opened up a comm channel to all pilots. "Get over there and check ou Red5. His ships been blown in half." Red5 came over the comm, and said weakly, "No, no, I'm alright. Keep fighting them, don't waste time on me." Gravin wondered why Red5 hadn't ejected yet. "Red5, eject." "Can't. Somethings stuck on this fighter. Oxygen at 80% and holding. I'll be alright." Denethor glanced over to see Red5 frantically pulling fuses and rewiring. His cabin lights were extinguished. Suddenly they flickered back on. Red5 sat up and smiled, then went to work on the onboard computer, rerouting systems. "Well, looks like I be able to eject after all, if I can figure this archaic computer out." Dogfighting continued fiercely. No Imperial pilots lost their lives, but Denethor had a nice piece taken out of his arm by an exploding console in the fighter; a couple hours in the bacta tank would take care of it. Red5 finally ejected. The jets, which should have carried him all the way down to the planet surface, cut off abruptly while he was still strapping himself in. At least he was floating towards the cruiser now. But the Nebulon B frigate wasn't about to give up. It came straight at them, full speed, all turrets firing.
[This message has been edited by (edited December 27, 2001 12:53:51 AM)]
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 27, 2001 5:58:29 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen lounged around. After a while, he couldnt stand it anymore. He was positively rotting away. He left for the barracks and looked for some other pilots. After walking around for a while, he managed to get together Lonewolf, Jmac and Rukh for a friendly battle in the simulators. Better than letting oneself stone away. They headed towards the simulators and upon entering, they chose their favourite seats and switched on the network. The machine hummed and starlights streaked across their screens ....

-----------------------

Emon
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  42
December 27, 2001 9:33:45 AM    View the profile of Emon 
(because of some computer problems, I have not been able to keep up with this story, could you please tell me what is going on)
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 27, 2001 10:33:26 AM    View the profile of Red5 
It was while they were in the simulator that the distress call reached them. It came from the Ord Pardon system, from Nazgul; they had been ambushed, and needed reinforcements. Fallen swore and got out of the simulator. He headed towards a hangar bay where some reserve ships were located. The entire wing's ships were being overhauled, so they would all be flying TIE Interceptors with shielding. "So what do you think they got ambushed by?" asked Jmac. He was looking a little nervous. Rukh replied without looking over, "From what I heard, Red5 reported a Nebulon B frigate and 2 squadrons of fighters." Jmac's face brightened. "That's all? We can take them," he exclaimed. An announcement was broadcast over the entire ship. "All pilots, we will be leaving the system within the hour. Ready your ships." - - - - - - - Red5 was safe on the cruisers deck. He looked out at his ship, now in several pieces, being pulled in by the tractor beams. He started running towards a TIE fighter on deck. "Hey, what are you doing? That's my ship!" It was Nazgul's newest pilot, Dare, running from the mess hall. He slowed down when he realized who he was talking to. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were some kid techie trying to get a look at a fighter." "No problem. I just saw it sitting over here, and was about to take it out. My Starchaser got mauled pretty bad." Red5 laughed inwardly at Dare's apology. "Good luck out there. Go kill some Rebel scum." "They don't stand a chance." He paused. "We've got another squadron on the way, so you don't need to find a ship." "Gee, thanks. Makes me feel needed." Red5 ventured off towards the tactical room to see what was happening.

-----------------------
[LCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 27, 2001 12:14:02 AM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
(OOC: Fallen im still on a strike cruiser near Nal Hutta ill be back shortly however.) LoneWolf Handed Penny a data pad with his email and comnet information. "Contact me any time, now ill have to be leaving." LoneWolf got up and headed to the bridge to get clearance from his friend and say good bye for now. "Well i hate to see ya' go mate but i understand, now you got something to fight for hope it works out either way looks like ill stay in neutral areas so i wont have to do any unneccesary work agaisnt my friends. Perhaps ill join you sometime in the future mate keep in touch." Mike Looked at loneWolf grimly then smiled and patted his back in a brief hug. LoneWolf smiled back and said, "keep in contact i dont want to wait another few years till we get to fly again i guess i got somewhere to go with my leave time now too will ya see me off?" "Of course mate lets go." the two young men then walked off to the docking bay. LoneWolf brought the ships display up and made sure everything was working. he looked out the view port and saw Mike stand out there alone. LoneWolf looked back at the instruments and turned someflight components on the looked back to his friend to see mike and penny now. Penny didnt understand as much as mike did why LoneWolf wanted to leave. But LoenWolf it would be clear after a while. he lifted off and gave one more friendly wave then exited the strike cruiser into the cold space. LoneWolf gained more distance from the strike cruiser, then suddenly saw a fliker as two ISD's emerged from hyperspace. the 'Nomad' was alone the other two vsd's were already in hyperspace back to Nar Shadda. LoneWolf checked the transpnders of the cap ships expecting them to be imperial. He was wrong. "This is Rebel StarDestroyers 'Protector' and 'Decipher' to all craft in the area you are to power down all engines and expect inspection from Republic Customs and Police." LoneWolf swore as he veered back to the strike cruiser. he hailed back to the bridge, "You know that money i earned im going to pay you to get me into hyperspace safely back into Vast Empire Space AWAY from these Rebel scum. I dont need any rebel scum looking at the info i got or even capturing me." "Understood Jace dock in here and we'll proceed transmit hyperspace information now!" "As told Nomad" LoneWolf quickly transmitted his hyperspace info then docked as fast as he ever did on any ship. he quickly ran to the bvridge to see how everything was going. In a few tense minutes the Strike Cruiser Nomad Made Hyperspace towards Vast Empire Space.

-----------------------

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
Red5
ComNet n00b

December 28, 2001 6:55:03 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Okay, sorry. I shoul've read more. I will warn you, however, that someone will be coming after you for stealing that gunboat. I'm not saying you'll be killed. . . The first pilots of Aegis Squadron came out of hyperspace. They immediately headed towards the Nebulon B. Before they reached it, though, a New Republic Interdictor Cruiser jumped out in front of them. Two Correllian gunships jumped behind it, followed by another Nebulon B frigate. Rukh looked at the ships and gasped. "How did they get here that quick? They're supposed to be off fighting the main forces." "What main forces?" Fallen retorted. "We are the /imain/i force." He dove under the Interdictor and let loose two proton torpedoes. The shields hadn't come up yet, nor had the gravity well projectors. The torpedoes slammed into a gravity projector. The explosion continued, damaging another, but eventually they got it under control. Several other torpedoes followed his lead, but by the time most of them hit, shields were up. They still did major damage, though, and by the time the barrage let up, there was only one functioning projector left. If they could get on any side but that one, they would be able to jump into hyperspace. His wing shot after one of the gunboats, deadly to fighters. They dodged continuously in and out of laser fire, but finally a shot got through to the engine. If the pilot would have shut down, he would have survived; as it was the ship's back half separated from the front in a massive explosion. The back glowed orange, then exploded again into thousands of tiny pieces. The front drifted away, smashing into the engine block of the Interdictor. It didn't do that much damage - the shields held, but were severely weakened. One ship down, and one almost. Jmac came around the back of the ship and began firing everything he had at it. He watched with pleasure as little pockmarks began appearing beneath the shielding.
[This message has been edited by (edited December 29, 2001 7:41:49 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 29, 2001 12:11:16 AM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited December 30, 2001 11:39:17 AM)]
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 30, 2001 7:14:00 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen slipped on his gloves and took an aim at a enemy starfighter coming along the way. Grinning, he fingered the trigger and blasted the fighter. Re was rewarded with a flash and had to bank hard to the right to avoid all the loose scrap pieces. 'Another one down. All you guys okay?' 'Yeah, I am when I finish off this blasted guy who is avoiding all my shots. ' Red 5 growled over his intercom. 'Uh huh. Need assistance?' 'Might as well ... I'm getting bored.' 'Okay. Right over.' Fallen swooped his Gunboat and suddenly attacked in from Red 5's right, aiming for the enemy fighter. It also exploded. Fallen was having a good time. It's ncie to pick out some enemy fighters some time ...

-----------------------

Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
December 30, 2001 8:13:53 AM    View the profile of Bear 
OOC: *phew* *wipes sweat from his forehead* I can officially say that.. I don't have a clue whats going on, but I don't need to worry anymore For those of you who don't know, I'm retired from the Navy and am an Assistant on the VEHC.. So, if anyone wants to have some fun and blow my legs off, feel free.. I won't be needing em anymore, after all Good job though. You should all be proud of yourselves. I would give you all a reward but.. well, I don't get paid enough

-----------------------
AAMB/LCM Bear/VEHC/VE [NDM] [LSM]
------------
TRP/1PFC Grizzly/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/Lorn IV/VEA 
Emon
ComNet Novice

December 30, 2001 10:47:51 AM    View the profile of Emon 
( keep in mind I have no idea whats going on, im just going from Tarkins last post, and please correct me if im wrong) Emon sat in his TIE/ Int and was looking around for any more K or X wings. He didnt see any, but he knew that they must be around somewhere. He scouted around and all of a sudden he saw a K wing trying not to be seen. " Piett, this is Emon. I see a K-wing. Im going in for the kill."said Emon "Proceed with the attack."said Piet. Emon moved in, and got a lock on him quick. After a few shots, he got his shields down and started to circle the K wing like his brother Japer in his Sith Fighter. All of a sudden he backed away and finished off the K wing. Emon, feeling proud of his kill returned to formation.
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 30, 2001 11:49:26 AM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
(OOC: Honestly your not alone i got lost soemwhere up there someone husta edited thier post first reil got some pilots and went somewhere then suddenly theres a fake rouge squadron and a bucn of NR going around. Im going straight back to the artrus then try and figure out whats happening.)

-----------------------

-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 30, 2001 1:33:31 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
(OOC:OK now i think i kinda get whats going on but im still heading back home for now.) LoneWolf remerged from hyperspace in his barrowed Gunboat, he left the 'Nomad' back a few light years away so they wouldnt allarm the Artrus. LoneWolf Saw the ship getting ready to make a jump it seemed like. LW flipped his comm and lowered down his shields and weapons. "This is the missing Gunboat that i believe your missing Artrus. I am dissarming my self now and preparing for pick up." a female voice came back from the giant blade ship, "Please identify your self pilot." "This is Petty Officer 1st class LoneWolf awaiting punishment for my crime agaisnt the great Vast Empire However ive brought back more updated info on the opposing New Imperium Forces. So what i did was no in Vain I just wish for that to go on record before my arrest." "Understood officer well be sending a shuttle after you please wait" LoneWolf sat in the gunboat and collected his weapons and put them in his bag while dissarming them. He'd never really done this but he wanted to make sure that he didnt seem a traitor. He saw a shuttle come out of the hangar bay and move towards him, he just sat thier and put his hands behind hsi head and leaned back and waited for the interesting part to begin. LoneWolf Sat in the dim cell  the only real light was from the force field wall which let people in and out. He lay on the uncomfortable cot then suddenly saw Paan come towards the force field in his new uniform. LoneWolf quickly got up and saluted him when he entered the cell. LoneWOlf stood up straight and waited for the admiral's words. "Seems like you went to catch up with soem friends huh?" Paan asked. LoneWofl a little startled answered back, "Yes sir" then he remembered Paan was a Dark Jedi. "Did you -" "Very Impressive officer how you and a group of mercinaries were able to take out a few primary FG's out near hutt space. especially scince one of them was a very natorious battle cruiser. Tell me how many kills did you get that mission?" LoneWolf looked up at the cieling trying to remember it hadnt occured to him before that he'd gotten about one third of the fighter force by him self. "Alot Sir i cant recall exact nubers i was kinda lost in the grove of the battle" LoneWolf finally answered. "Come with me officer thigns are goign to get a little more interesting soon, were having some trouble with New Republic forces i want you to get breifing on the situation then enter the battle if its still going on" LoneWolf nodded then fallowed the admiral to the bridge to find out what his firends were doing.

-----------------------

-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

December 30, 2001 7:20:54 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel snuck out of the battle and set his hyperdrive to meet up with the Devastator Fleet.  He exited hyperspace with the ISD II, an Interdictor Cruiser, and a few support ships.  "Captain of the Devastator, this is Riel Fury.  I will be taking Command of the fleet.  We have a battle to go to." Riel stood on the bridge of the massive ship.  "Navigator, set course for Ord Pardon.  Tell the fleet to do the same."  The Navigator complied and suddenly the stars expanded into lines.  Every time Riel went into hyperspace he had the feeling of big things happening. They were pulled out of hyperspace slightly prematurely by a Rebel Interdictor cruiser.  "Fleet, proceed to enclosure formation.  I want the three Carracks to make a run past that Interdictor and make them know we're here.  I want the lancers to take defense positions around the Devastator and prevent any fighters from getting through.  Let's get those fighters free..."

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
December 30, 2001 9:19:18 PM    View the profile of JMac 
OOC:  Do our TIEs have hyperdrives?

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

December 31, 2001 4:55:00 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC:  No, but they do have shields.  If you're in a TIE Advanced, then you have hyperdrive, or a TIE Defender. That's all

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Japer
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Protector (SPT)

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  463
December 31, 2001 5:13:51 PM    View the profile of Japer 
Emon and the rest of Viper squadron were patrolling the area looking for anymore opisioton. Emon wanted to fight some more, but the way that the area looked, they wouldnt see combat for a little bit. All of a sudden, Riel Fury came on comm and said " Attention all squadrons, Devistaor Fleet and I have been stopped by a rebel interdictor. We will be a little late, but don't worry. We will be there soon enough."said Riel As soon as Riel got off the comm, a rebel fleet entered the area. "Attention all Imperial craft. Your reinforcements have been stopped. Surrdender now and you will be left alived."said the rebel commander. " Attention all squarons. Nazgul and Viper, you engage the rebels. Everyone else, defend the Atrus." said Paan "Ok, Gravin, why dont you have your boys take out the capital ships, and we will take out the fighters Flight one, you target the X-wings, two, target the Y-wings, and three, you take care of the B-wings." said Piett " You got it"said Gravin Emon and the rest of flight one went straight for the X-wings. Emon picked out his quick. He was goning to go for the third squarons second flight leader. "This is Viper 1 4. Im goning for third squadrons second flight leader." said Emon "Proceed Emon." said Piett Emon connected with two shots and then fired a missle, which also connected. Emon flew in for the kill, when another X-wing came up behind him and nailed him with one shot. Emon did his tradmark circle move, and took out the X-wing that came up from behind him. Now, back to his first target...

-----------------------
GV/ SG Japer/Sith/Dark Knight 1-2 Cabal/ Eagle Sect/VEDJ

SXO/CPT/Japer/1SQD/1PLT/1/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/IOC/LoC/CM
/BS/ES 2nd Class

Emon
ComNet Novice

December 31, 2001 5:16:10 PM    View the profile of Emon 
OOC: Sorry about that last post, I guess I didnt relize that I was still undrer Japer Emon and the rest of Viper squadron were patrolling the area looking for anymore opisioton. Emon wanted to fight some more, but the way that the area looked, they wouldnt see combat for a little bit. All of a sudden, Riel Fury came on comm and said " Attention all squadrons, Devistaor Fleet and I have been stopped by a rebel interdictor. We will be a little late, but don't worry. We will be there soon enough."said Riel As soon as Riel got off the comm, a rebel fleet entered the area. "Attention all Imperial craft. Your reinforcements have been stopped. Surrdender now and you will be left alived."said the rebel commander. " Attention all squarons. Nazgul and Viper, you engage the rebels. Everyone else, defend the Atrus." said Paan "Ok, Gravin, why dont you have your boys take out the capital ships, and we will take out the fighters Flight one, you target the X-wings, two, target the Y-wings, and three, you take care of the B-wings." said Piett " You got it"said Gravin Emon and the rest of flight one went straight for the X-wings. Emon picked out his quick. He was goning to go for the third squarons second flight leader. "This is Viper 1 4. Im goning for third squadrons second flight leader." said Emon "Proceed Emon." said Piett Emon connected with two shots and then fired a missle, which also connected. Emon flew in for the kill, when another X-wing came up behind him and nailed him with one shot. Emon did his tradmark circle move, and took out the X-wing that came up from behind him. Now, back to his first target...
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:50:34 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 257  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >