Zed Zeon
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  308
Total Posts:  318
  RE: Ch. 7 - Navy
November 16, 2001 9:00:18 PM    View the profile of Zed Zeon 
Zed fly straight at the same level as the X-wing, and when he feels it close enogh he manuvered and cause a collision of two X-wings. "Hahahaha."Laugh Zed. and the others finished the last 2 fighters. The Viper flight 1 still engaging the fighters, leaving the Bomber squadron free, and few of them almost in missile range. "We can't handle them all, where's the others ?" Said Tarkin. Suddenly 2 hostile bomber is down. Zed and Ez8 shooting at them. "Don't worry about the bombers, guys. Just keep those fighters busy and we'll cleared the bombers in no time." Said Zed.

-----------------------
Leading Crewman Zed "118" Zeon
EFL/LCRW Zed "118" Zeon/Viper2-1/m-SDD Atrus/VEN/VE(DSM)[=A=][=MA=]{-GS-}
Adept Zed "118" Zeon/VEDJ Academy/VCF Deathscythe
-RIOT OF BLOOD-
Webpage|Email
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
November 16, 2001 10:34:18 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
"Wing One, this is Aegis One, I'm here and ready for action," Riel said over his com to the rest of the fighters.  "WOOHOO!!!!" came from Aegis 5.  "Syths will be mad when he finds out you're still using his T/D." "Heh, who says he has to know?"  Riel said back.  "Enough chatter, we need to get rid of these fighters until help arrives." "Help?"  Piett said. "Yeah, I told them we probably didn't need it, but to do it anyway.  I have a target, let's fly." Riel quickly spun his T/D behind an unfortunate TIE Fighter.  The TIE tried to escape, but Riel simply let the Force take over.  His movements were smooth and fluid.  With his enhanced coordination and abilities, he was a weapon, and in a weapon as powerful as the Aurora Dawn, he was almost invincible.  "Whoa sir, great shooting," Lonewolf said.  _________________________________ Claw stood on the Bridge of the mSSD Atrus.  Things were beginning to look bleak again.  Even with the interdictor and the Atrus splitting up, the Interdictor was still taking a beating.  "Sir, it appears that Riel Fury has shown up for the battle," a rather excited crewman said.  Aegis seems to have formed a sort of defensive net around the Interdictor, and it may escape." Claw nodded.  On the outside, he was calm, but on the inside he was suddenly hopeful.  If any one man could turn the tide of the battle out there, it was Riel. __________________________________- Paan stood on the bridge of the Deathscythe, the cloaked ship of the Dark Jedi Order.  His ship dropped out of hyperspace right outside the Interdiction field and was slowly making it's way toward the enemy Interdictor.  All he had to do was knock out those gravity wells, and then his allies could escape to meet up with the offensive fleet. The VSD II Griffen landed in real space at the same time.  It was a very convincing distraction. It broke off toward a defense of the VE Interdictor, but it was a mere distraction.  The way the enemy ships were now, the Atrus would have to go through the entire NI fleet to get to the Interdictor, and the Griffen wouldn't be much better.  But the silent killer off to the side could wait until it found an opening and get in without anyone noticing. The Deathscythe ended up two clicks away from the interdictor.  "Okay, prepare to attack.  We need this quickly, but don't make it obvious who's here,"  Paan said.  "Turbolasers only." ________________________________________ "Sir!!! We're getting an odd reading from the NI's interdictor!!!"  one of the crewman said.  "It's shields are dropping Rapidly!!!!" Claw had a slight idea what was going on now that Riel was back, but he kept his calm.  "Begin calculating a jump to hyperspace, and call back all fighters." "Yessir." Yeah, Riel sure knew what he was doing.  For the first time in a while, Claw's calm exterior softened a bit with a smile.  Now to meet up with the rest of the fleet and strike back at the Imperium. "Sir, the fighters are back in the hangars.  From the looks of it, the gravity wells are weakening.  Nevermind, they're gone." "Jump to hyperspace as soon as possible, and tell the rest of the ships to do so as well." Like a giant arrowhead, the mSSD Atrus, along with the rest of the Vast Empire fleet, jumped into hyperspace to meet with the rest of Vast Empire.

-----------------------
Officer Candidate Riel Fury
Squadron Commander
Aegis Squadron
Gold Recruitment Commendation
Wing Commander Wing One
Victory Cross w/ Silver Trim
VE Pothead and Reborn Pimp
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
November 17, 2001 5:28:52 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: TIE fighter can jump into hyperspace?!? I thought it was a short-range fighter. Sorry for not posting these days. Life's getting pretty busy. I'll be back soon. ___________________________

-----------------------
[Navy - Fallen] FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)
[Army - Raxen] ETRP/CPL Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my TIE Bomber.'
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
November 17, 2001 2:13:01 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
Aegis and the rest of the navy quickly docked into their fighter racks onboard the  Artrus then quickly got off their fighters. it was only a matter of moments before the small fleet jumped into Hyperspace. Everyone took time to goto their quarters for their much needed rest. LoneWolf walked over to the medical quarters to have his arm looked at and patched up Riel went to the bridge to talk toa few NHC. And DarkHawk and Kain went to the bar to get a few swigs of some drinks before they went to take a break in their quarters. LoneWolf foundout that only two pieces of the screen stabed his arm the rest just made weak flesh wounds. After having a bacta patch placed on it he made sure the driod didn't say anything about not flying so he could still help out with Aegis. After his examination he made way to his quarters and took a Very long and much needed nap on his lounger. He woke up next morining after the fleet made its seond jump to the rest of the VE. Time to go into briefing to find out what were going to do to those imperial traitors; LoneWolf thought, maybe we could steal a few things from them after all we are both Imps in the long run.

-----------------------
"It's not what you think it is it's only what you think it is" - a good teacher of mine
"Do or do not there is no in between" - Yoda
"If we have no dreams to pursue then what are we doing in life" - me

Aegis 1-2
Bronze recruitment comendation
ladies man ("give me a call baby")
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

November 17, 2001 3:10:53 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel stood in front of Claw on the bridge of the Atrus.  He was nervous, but his face showed an eerie calm.  "For leaving my wing in it's time of peril, I apologize," Riel said in a haunted voice.  Claw noticed something about Riel that he never saw before.  He had always been quick with jokes and to drink, but ever since...well, he'd changed.  He was more mature than ever before. "For leaving the wing, I say that you made a decision.  For hailing the Dark Jedi Order to help us, I commend you for an act of bravery that has not been seen in many a day," Claw said.  "But I didn't bring you here to talk about that.  We have some breathing space right now, and PJ is in Rebel hands.  I want you to get him back..."

-----------------------
Squadron Commander
Aegis Squadron
Wing Commander Wing One
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
November 17, 2001 6:02:17 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin and the rest of the Viper Squadron were already onboard their capitol ship.  Tarkin was in his quarters, staring at himself in the mirror. His face was red with exhaustion and increased body temperature.  He pressed some cold water onto his face, letting himself absorb the coolness.  He then walked to his bunk, leaving his flightsuit on, and fell asleep. OOC: Sorry I couldn't post more. The fleets in hyperspace and I'll let some other people post what's going to happen next.

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-3/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV][=A=][=MA=]

"The Viper Squadron won't stop until our 'Best is Better and our Better is Best.'" - Tarkin
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
November 17, 2001 8:20:44 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
Kain was sitting at the bar, sipping his drink slowly.  He was thinking about the battle and his new YF-19.  He knew that the enemy will soon find them after jumping out of hyperspace.  This is going to be a long hard battle.  Both sides seemed evenly matched.  He was glad that his YF-19 had been completed in time for him to use.  If not he knew for sure he would have been shot down.  Now we had to think of a name for his YF-19.  Kain took another sip from his drink. "Mmmm...alcohol solves everybodies problems."

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 1st Class Kain Rennok
FL/WO1 Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=MA=] [VC:Silver]
Fallen
ComNet Member

November 18, 2001 12:01:55 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen relaxed in his bunk. He was having a good time compared to what he was doing just a couple of hours ago. Taking off to the Lounge, Fallen decided to challenge Kain to a round of pinball before going out there blasting if they do meet enemy fighters again ...

-----------------------

Corran
ComNet Member

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  552
Total Posts:  552
November 18, 2001 10:55:13 AM    View the profile of Corran 
Corran collapsed into his bunk the second he got to his quarters. He lay there for a minute, then headed for the Lounge. He ordered a drink, and laughed as Kain beat Fallen for the fifth time at pinball. "If you think your'e so good why don't you play him" exclaimed Fallen "I would but I wouldn't want to embarrass him"

-----------------------
Petty Officer 2nd Class Corran
Training Officer Adjutant

FL/PO2 Corran/Viper 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted teacake? - Talkie Toaster - Red Dwarf
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
November 18, 2001 4:18:45 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Darkhawk slammed his locker shut as he threw a holotape across the room. Tears were streaming down his face and he was just glad none of his squadmates were around to hear him. They were all down in the lounge, celebrating the Atrus's escape. And thanking the Dark Jedi for their timely assistance. Darkhawk had heard that Riel was responsible for all that . . . but he was not in a talking mood at the moment. Returning from the hangar to the quarters he shared with sk8guy, he had discovered a holotape waiting for him, with a note from Forty-Two notifying him that it was from home. Home . . . what was home for Darkhawk? He had joined the Empire when he was eighteen; before that he had lived on seven planets in six star systems. There was no home. That was ten years ago, when he had left Balmorra for the Imperial Academy. He had slowly lost contact with everyone back at home . . . most of them probably thought he was dead. Whether from the Battle of Endor, Coruscant, or Mon Calamari - it didn't matter. He had come so close to the brink of death so many times. But none of that had hurt him as much as the message that he watched within the following minutes. It was, in fact, from Balmorra, the last "home" he had ever had. As soon as he turned on the tape, he knew it was not from anyone related with the Empire because the message was not addressed to Darkhawk. The opening screen simply read "To David". Darkhawk has considered turning it off right then and there and not watching anymore. But something told him he ought to have read it. The message was from his best friend back at Balmorra when they were younger, Emily. As the message played on, it became apparent to the middle-aged officer that the message was quite dated. The end note told it all - "With Love, 5 ABE." Five years after the Battle of Endor . . . during the Thrawn crisis. Emily was a member of the NRI . . . the New Republic Intelligence agency. She had tracked him down to ask him to leave the Empire and join the Republic in its battle against Darkhawk's most respected officer. An officer he had served for nine years; someone who had been more than just a commanding officer - Thrawn had also been a friend. The thought hit Darkhawk like a ton of bricks. He had known Grand Admiral Thrawn? Memories began to flood back into his head . . . medals, commendations, training, glorious battles, dismal defeats, exploding starships, dying friends, standing before the Dark Lord of the Sith, conferences with Vice Admiral Thrawn, bowing before the throne of the resurrected Emperor . . . What kind of images were these? These were not his memories. He had flown in the 56th Fighter Squadron throughout his service with the Empire until he had joined the Vast Empire at the request of his old friend Riel. But they WERE his memories. What had happened? How had they been hidden? Things were still too vague to comprehend . . . And still, there was the message from Emily. It was old - she could've been dead by now. But what if she wasn't? Her request for him to join the Republic still echoed through his head . . . What had the Empire done to him? Brainwashed him? But why? Picking up the broken holotape, he placed in his safe. Then he drew out his blaster carbine and a few other personal items. He needed answers . . . and he needed them now. And he knew no one here on the Atrus could give them to him. He needed to go to Basilisk - to the capital of the Empire. Perhaps the answers he was looking for were there. And, if not, he could always continue on. When the Atrus jumped out of hyperspace, he would sneak out on one of the shuttles. He hated to do it - it could be considered an act of treason. And he hated to live his comrades in such an awkward position without him. But this could wait no longer. He had his LOM droid deliver a message to Riel, that he would be going away for a while and did not know when he would return. At the last second, he also handed the droid a coded holodisc to be sent to Coruscant itself . . . to the head of NRI. There was always a chance. What was he thinking? This could be considered collaboration with the Rebels. But Darkhawk didn't know what to think. And his head hurt so bad - maybe he really HAD been brainwashed. Slowly, he made his way toward one of the secondary hangars to obtain a shuttle for his getaway . . .

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Darkhawk/Aegis 2-1 (Aegis Five)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)/(=MA=)/[BRC]

"A man cannot be too careful in his choice of enemies."
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

November 18, 2001 9:42:12 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf strolled down the corridor of the Artrus making his way towards the Lounge. the intercomm throught the Artrus gave a warining bleep signifying the re-enterance of realspace in 5 mins. LoneWolf passed the shuttle bay and a few minutes later ran into DarkHawk. LoneWolf stoped to say hello to his friend, "yo DarkHawk whats up?" "Nothing" DarkHawk replied quickly, "just going to meet Riel on the bridge." "Then why are yo-" LW started. "sorry to go in a rush but time is money!" Darkhawk hollored as he rushed down the corridor faster than he was before. a few moments later LoneWolf heard a door seal a few yards away. "somethings not right" Lonewolf muttered as he slowly went back the way he came. a few steps away from the shuttle hangar door the security alarm went off a computer voice came over the intercomms, "Unauthorized launch in shuttle bay 3! all available personal report there imidatly!" LoneWolf drew out his antiquated Naboo Blaster yet old he had it suped up so it was just as powerful as a stormtrooper rifle. he went straight to the door and opened it quickly. He saw one of the newer unmarked shuttles launch off from the neatly polished floor and slowly turn around to leave. He lookd around to see any fighters that could disable it or just go after however there wasnt any thing but shuttles he spottd sometingin his eye. LW spoke into his comm, "LoneWolf in hangar bay 3 im going to take one of this stormtrooper transportsd to persue the unathorized launch craft over!" "Permission granted" a female voice came back, "hurry up and get out there your the only response for at least 3 minutes!" Lonewolf jumped into the old storm trans and lifted off momentariously. hed seen these thing flown before the ting he liked the most was the ions canons that woudl come in handy for sure. the trans named in old imperial troop assignment was entitled, "Hawk 4", must've been the last mission name she had LW thought as he launched off after what he thought was Darkhawk.

-----------------------
"It's not what you think it is it's only what you think it is" - a good teacher of mine
"Do or do not there is no in between" - Yoda
"If we have no dreams to pursue then what are we doing in life" - me

Aegis 1-2
Bronze recruitment comendation
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
November 19, 2001 2:00:06 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
With PJ captured and the resignation of Sythspawn shortly before the battle began it now fell to Daishi to try and keep things in order. Claw had proven himself a capable commander but with everything else he had to do as well Daishi knew he could keep the effort up forever. "Under VEN Regulations I am hearby taking charge of the Vast Empire Navy.  Claw I'd like you to get checked out on the TIE Horror to take my place as commander of Raptor Squadron.  Be carefull with it because it is still an experimental ship.  We have about three hours before they cut us off again.  I recomend that everyone get some rest while I start straightening things out."  Daishi ordered as soon as he stepped on the bridge of the Atrus. Daishi quickly dispatched the Saratoga and the Interdictor to the nearest ship yards and called in a fresh pair of imobilizer frigates. That made the fleet stand at the Atrus, Griffen, and a pair of figs.  Not bad but they'd need more.  The Devastator had managed to break away to a ship yard a while back. The nearest reinforcemnts were actually the Damage Force Plus, the VEEC's ISD II. Hopefully they'd get here in time.

-----------------------
Barron Administrator Daishi
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

November 19, 2001 6:04:57 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
"DarkHawk lower shields now and return to the Artrus imidiatly! Dont force me to take a warning shot on you!" LoneWolf looked down to his settings and changed it so his lasers and ions were sinked that way hed burn the shields faster. LW didnt get a response and muttered, "hope you are straped in buddy." he fired one shot, it hit the shuttle directly. DHawks shields dropped to 15%, LoneWolf switched to ions and took several more shots only a couple hit witch lowere his shields to 3%. "DarkHawk return imidiat-" a shot from the rear turrent flew back and hit LoneWolf's barrowed transport. Lw's shields landed at 80% but somehow his ions were disabled. He noticed that DarkHawks transport was only a few more clicks away from the buoy. "Listen to me DarkHawk i'm not sure were your going but where ever it is dont go now we need you for the battle after that i'll go on a leave with you to at least watch your back out there come on!? WE NEED YOU Flight 2 will need a command for this battle! Please DarkHawk give me a response?"

-----------------------
"Do or do not there is no try" - Yoda
"If we have no dreams to pursue then what are we doing in life" - Me
"Creativity is not a blessing but only a disease it will infect more people it is presented to" - Me
Aegis 1-2
Silver recruitment comendation
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

November 20, 2001 1:59:27 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Daishi had managed to get the Nemisis and the Damage Force Plus in system in time. The pair of dreadnaughts and lancers were returning from running decoy manuevers, hopefully they had managed to convince the NI Fleet to scatter. "All ships prepare for action, we have approximately one hour before the NI fleet starts poping in system.  Bear take a transport to the Devastator, it should be ready for action again by the time you get there.  Take Viper Squadron with you, you'll need thier gunboats.  I want you to go after PJ and bring him back.  I'll take care of this fleet." Daishi was now only left with the option of waiting.

-----------------------
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

November 20, 2001 4:21:30 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf finally made way to his original location at the lounge. He'd failed to bring DarkHawk back. he sat down and ordered a drink from the service droid. he sat there waiting for the drink to return. Sk8guy showed up and sat down next to him. "yo whats up? too bad DarkHawk left huh? "yeah i was so dang close too, who knows when hell return too man the battle isnt going to be good with viper gone Ypod, now darkhawk and PJ too. Lets hope Riel isnt gone like last time too Aegis wouldnt have a good chance at the battle then." "Yeah your right" Sk8guy ordered the returning droid to come back with a drink for him too, "i'll take what hes having too. I thought Riel was gonna lead the rescue operation against the Rebels to get PJ Though?" "Who knows last i heard i think it was Bear and that Viper is going with him." "What are you going to do for the last few moments of peace around here?" "I'm going to finish my drink goto my quarters start downlaoding some music to my Tie's extra memory for the battle, Then i'll take about 15 mins at the sims to be warmed up after that ill get into my uniform for the battle and take a nap probably. How bout you?" "I dunno i'll look into your music idea though." "i'll hail the enemy and play the most annoying songs for them over the link maybe thatll win the battle." Both LoneWolf and Sk8guy laughed a little and talked a little more enjoying the little bit of peace that was going to be available.

-----------------------
"Creativity is not a blessing but only a disease it will infect more people it is presented to" - Me
Aegis 1-2
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
November 20, 2001 8:58:21 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Japheth wondered the long halls of the ship, attempting to find his room. A lot had just happened. He had been the best pilot on the whole of his backwater home planet of Thealit. His system had been visited by a scouting party, and he had requested an opportunity to join them, having impressed them he had and joined them on their return voyage. Durring the first several days he had been indocturned with rules and proceedures, technical readouts, and briefings about not only the Empire but every piece of machinery in it. He was still trying to cope with all the informatin and was almost certain that he would not remember all of it. "Ohh well," he thought as he trugged down the seemingly endless corodor, "At least I'll get to fly a lot," was the thought that immediately followed.

-----------------------
Leading Crewman Japheth
Aegis 4
FM/LCRW Japheth/Aegis 1-4/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/ (=A=)

"Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore;
Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I just don't care"
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

November 20, 2001 9:11:20 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel rested his hand on Darkhawks shoulder.  Darkhawk instinctively reached for his blaster, but when he saw it was Riel, he relaxed.  "How the hell did you get in here?" Darkhawk asked. "Heh, you left the loading dock open, wasn't hard."  Riel still had that haunted look in his eyes.  "We need to save PJ, and you're the only one that I know will get the job done with me...and I wanted to make sure you didn't do anything stupid."  Riel gave Darkhawk a very knowing look. Darkhawk found it hard to meet Riel's gaze.  "Okay then, where to?" "Coruscant System,"  Riel said simply.  Darkhawk's face whitened, but he set a course for it anyway.  "Uh are you sure about this?"  Darkhawk asked. "Do you trust me?" Riel said back. And with that the shuttle soared into hyperspace. ___________________________________ OOC:  I'd appreciate it if you let me and Dhawk only post on this aspect of the story.  Thanks

-----------------------
Squadron Commander
Aegis Squadron
Wing Commander Wing One
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
November 20, 2001 10:31:24 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Kain stood in front of the Aegis round table. Some of the seats were empty ... Riel's, Darkhawk's. But Japheth was seated at the table, and it didn't look too empty. Rennok was briefing his pilots on the upcoming mission. Rear Admiral Daishi, along with Rear Admiral Claw, had decided to hide out here in an unknown sector and mass a fleet with which to counterattack the NI ships. Hopefully, the NI had not recieved heavy reinforcements. And surprise would be on the VEN's side. It seemed things with PJ had been put on hold. But perhaps those two knew something Kain didn't. Kain sighed. This wasn't as easy as he had thought it might be. Not only was he in charge of the squadron now, but the other two flight leaders were gone. "So how are we going to be grouped on this mission?" Kalebb asked. "I'm thinking I might just combine flights one and two," Kain replied. "Lonewolf would be in charge." "Still, five is an odd number," sk8guy said. "I know that," Kain replied. "But there's not much else we can do. Hopefully Japheth can hold his own." The newest member to Aegis nodded. "I think so, officer. I've held my own in the sims so far." Several of the other members of Aegis nodded or made faces at that. So far, only Lonewolf had held up to Japheth. But that was all simulation. This was going to be the real thing. "Well, if anyone has a better idea, I'd welcome it," Kain said. "I think I might be able to help," a voice said from the hallway. Kain looked up to see the door to the Aegis war room open as an old friend stepped in. "Ypod!" he exclaimed. TwinFury and Gravin stood up and ran over to Ypod. The two shook hands with him as the other members rose from the table. There was a lot of murmuring and talking going on all at once. "I thought you were leaving," Fallen said. "Well, plans have been changed," Ypod said. He looked around the room. "Where are Riel and Darkhawk?" "Gone..." JMac answered. "I would be honored if you would fill in as active XO," Kain said. Ypod nodded. "What about flight positions?" TwinFury asked. "Japheth here is Four now." "Then Ypod is Eight," Kain replied. "And he will be leading Two Flight in the next battle if Darkhawk's not back by then." After some more conversation, the ten pilots sat back down to further discuss their strategy for the upcoming strike. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Daishi took another long swig from his bottle of Corellian Ale. Things weren't looking quite as bad as they had, but they weren't looking good, either. The Saratoga had left for the repair yards earlier that morning . . . but they had recieved word that the Devastator would be returning soon. And a few more ships were supposed to be on their way. But they did not have all the time in the world to wait. Scouts had confirmed that the NI Fleet was still nearby, and had yet to recieve reinforcements ... but all that could change soon. Daishi took another long swig of his drink before he buzzed g5 and Corran on the comm. He needed to ask them a few questions about the upcoming battle... ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The Imperial escort shuttle Oberon exited hyperspace in the middle of the Coruscant space ways. The Rebels, or the New Republic as they called themselves now, had take the city-planet less than a year ago. But that didn't mean that Imperials would be welcome there. The planet was filled with Rebel sympathizers even before the Battle of Yavin. And after the Emperor's death, things had only gotten worse. Now days is was crawling with the scum . . . and Rebel warships covered the skies. Riel gulped as the long list or Rebel ships scrolled across the Oberon's data screens. There were more warships right around Coruscant than he thought the Rebels had in their whole fleet. Perhaps he underestimated the scumbags. A flight of X-Wings seemed to take notice of the Oberon's arrival. They turned and headed toward the shuttle. Riel just hoped Darkhawk's slicing skills were as good as he boasted. "Shuttle Sierra, this is Rogue Five. Please report your status." Riel's jaw dropped. Of all the things that could happen now - they would just have to jump out of hyperspace in front of Rogue Squadron. Oh well, the fake transponder code was obviously working. "Rogue Five, this is the Sierra. We've taken some damage while making a supply run from Averam to Balmorra. Pirates. We need to land and make some repairs." There was a slight pause. Riel grimaced. Hopefully this would work. He almost wished Darkhawk was up here in the cockpit with him  . . . but his partner was in the back of thes shuttle getting their supplies and weapons ready. And working on making some false IDs. "All right, Sierra. All your codes seem to work out. Follow us in to Docking Platform 327." Two of the X-Wings formed up on the Oberon and two others flew back off on patrol. "Thanks, Rogue Five." Whew. Riel was glad that was all over with. He was impressed with Darkhawk's technical skills . . . he hadn't known the pilot could hack like that. But the worst was yet to come - they still had to find PJ. If he was even here. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Darkhawk was busy trying to override the Vast Empire ID's he and Riel had and make them acceptable for the Republic scanners. He wasn't quite sure how he knew how to do what he was doing . . . but it was working nonetheless. Maybe this was a skill he had had before - No! He musn't think like that. He had no previous life - he had not been brainwashed! He only had some kind of amnesia . . . he'd get himself checked out by a medical droid when they got back to the Atrus. And yet . . . part of him still had that odd feeling. That something was wrong. And now, on Coruscant, would be the perfect time to hack into the Republic database and search the old Imperial records for clues to his past. But first things first. They had to find PJ. And that was going to be hell in itself. Darkhawk finished the IDs and went to check on his blaster rifle. He would have to keep all those wild thoughts out of his mind . . . Riel could not afford for his backup to let him down. Not on a mission like this.

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Darkhawk/Aegis 2-1 (Aegis Five)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)/(=MA=)/[BRC]

"A man cannot be too careful in his choice of enemies."
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

November 21, 2001 1:54:43 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Daishi had given Bear free run with the Devastator to go find PJ and bring him back alive. With so few pilots and so little chance for reinforcement Daishi made the only choice available. "All ships commence with hyperspace jumps as planned."  Daishi ordered. Daishi prayed that this would work.  The fleet they had ammassed was still shy in firepower to the NI fleet but in terms of equipment and training Daishi knew the VEN had a slight edge. Realspace flickered back into vission and there was the NI fleet just as the scouts reported. Daishi smiled as the NI SSD filled the forward viewport. Now the fight would be finished one way or the other. "All fighters are to be deployed immediately, including the droid fighters from the Damage Force Plus.  Focus on space superiority."  Daishi saw his plan go into it's third permiation since he concieved it, but such was expected. The NI had a standard SSD, two ISD II's, two VSD II's, numourous support vessels, and a four to one edge in fighters. The fleet Daish had arrayed before him contained the mSSD Atrus, an ISD II, one ISD, two dreadnaughts, two lancer frigates, and two Immobilizer frigates. It would be a tough fight but Daishi was willing to bet that they all could pull this off.

-----------------------

g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
November 21, 2001 3:15:09 PM    View the profile of g5 
G5 flew out of the landing by in his T/I. he hadn't had a chance to get a new ship now that he was in raptor. Seeing how there was no one else from raptor flying he decided to go in with Viper. He analyzed the fleet arrayed before him and the one he was rapidly flying away from. he came up with a pattern for the cap ships.  "Lancers, one on each side of the Atrus. ISD's, roll most of the way over and pull up towards the Atrus's belly, all the beely's should be towards each other. don't get too close. This way you should be able to cover the weakest parts. Aegis, take on the T/F, Viper, T/I. Dai, launch all availble droid and other fighters. Everyone, take out as many as you can but don't get yourself killed. if you see bombers take them down immediatly. stay away from the cap ships, we don't want to stress our gunners. If your felling lucky drw the fighters towards the enemy caps, any missed shots will help us. Just make sure you don't get into friendly fire. That's all. Good luck everyone." With that he bourhgt up his targeting display. he found a pair of TIE Interceptors and turned to chase them.

-----------------------
TO:A/1Lt G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

November 21, 2001 4:34:24 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
"Aegis Squadron report in." Kains voce boomed through the comm "Aegis 1-2 standing by" "Aegis 1-4 standing by" "Aegis 2-2 standing by" "Aegis 2-4 standing by" "Aegis 1-3 standing by" "Aegis 2-3 standing by" " Aegis 3-4 standing by" "Aegis 3-3 standing by" Kain started ordering again, "Ok people you heard G5 lets stick to the plan and give them Hell be careful too! we dont want to have a funeral service when Riel and DarkHawk return." the pre-planned temporary flights broke off into thier designations LoneWolf lead flight 1 with Twin and the new ace Japheth while Ypod lead flight 2 with Sk8guy and Kalebb, flight 3 had no changes majorly. LoneWolf dumped his tie into a tight roll while the rest of his wings falowed in they all matched flight perfectly and shot in a perfect tatical sinc. LoneWolf listed to a "Disturbed" song from his music files he downlaoded earlier he had it so the music would fade each time he got an order or messge from the VE. He flew the tie to the beat of the music letting it carry him away in the cayos that the battle produced. flight 1 took out another flight while they twirled down to drop behind another flight of bombers this time. they came across a chicken run of head to head with another flight, probably all in the same squadron, Japheth took out two of the ties and twin and lonewolf took out hte rest. That kid is going to get better than me, LoneWolf thought, better get back my throne before he takes it from me for good. his "Disturbed" song ended and then some  "linkin park" came on; OK now lets get some more of these imperial wanna be's, LW thought as he got another eyball, Man i love leading this wing!   ----------------------- "Do or do not there is no try" - Yoda "If we have no dreams to pursue then what are we doing in life" - Me "Creativity is not a blessing but only a disease it will infect more people it is presented to" - Me Aegis 1-2 Silver recruitment comendation VEN Ace pilot and soon to be best ladies man ("give me a call baby")
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited November 21, 2001 5:44:40 PM)]
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
November 21, 2001 5:03:29 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin looked left, then right.  The Viper Squadron were in perfect formation, heading towards the enemy fighters and capitol ships. The Gunboats were right behind Viper and the T/I's were in the front.  Tarkin spiralled towards his nearest target: A Squadron of X-Wing's.  Viper's 1, 2 and 4 were right beside Tarkin. The Assault Gunboats were headed towards the lead capitol ship.  The remaining Viper's were escorting them.  Tarkin's T/I spiralled away from a volley of lasers.  He quickly dove down. Waiting for one minute, he quickly pulled up and fired at the unsuspecting X-Wing's on Viper 2's tail. "Yo Vipers," began Viper 2.  "I got two X-Wing's on my tail. I can't shake 'em lose. I need a hand." "No problem." Replied Viper 4.  Viper 4 raced towards Viper 2's tail and fired at the X-Wing's. Tarkin came about, hoping his strategy would work.  Yes...It did! As Viper 4's volley of lasers hit the X-Wing's, the X-Wing's discontinued persuit and scattered.  One of them headed towards Tarkin's TIE Interceptor, where he was waiting.  Tarkin fired at the already-low-shield X-Wing, and blew it to an oblivion. "Thanks Viper's." Said Muka3d. "No problem," said Emon. Tarkin, Muka3d, and Emon raced to their next squadron of enemy fighters.  A group of B-Wing's were going headon with them as well.  "Be careful with the B-Wing's guys.  They pretty strong-shielded and can menouver pretty well." Said Tarkin.  "Aye." Came a simoultanious reply. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Corran fired his lasers towards the lead capitol ship in front of him. The rest of his Flight of Assault Gunboats did the same.  Viper's 5, 6, and 8 were escorting very well.  They fired a volley of shots at a squadron of incoming A-Wings. With the A-Wing's low shielding protection, three of them exploded. The remaining A-Wing's menouvered out of the way.  "Destroy the Communications Tower Gunboats! Repeat, destroy the communications tower!" Ordered Corran. "Copy that." Replied Warmaker and Darkomega.  The Communications tower was being damaged very quiclky with the gunboats' simoultanious attacks.  A few seconds later, the tower was destroyed. "Good work, Gunboats. Now, let's destroy those turrets." Said Corran.

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-3/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV][=A=][=MA=]

"The Viper Squadron won't stop until our 'Best is Better and our Better is Best.'" - Tarkin
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
November 21, 2001 6:38:13 PM    View the profile of JMac 
"JMac, we have eyeballs incoming at 7 O'clock," Fallen said. "I got it, you take the leader, I've got his wingman ," JMac replied. JMac came in on the TIE fighter's right side, firing as soon as he had a good lock.  His first shot flew just missed.  In response, the enemy pilot broke off and tried manuever around JMac's fighter, giving JMac a perfect side shot.  His next shot dilled the TIE dead center, and it blew up with a very satisfying explosion.  JMac noticed Fallen's man detonate as well, as he came in on the third enemy TIE. Suddenly JMac's threat indicator's indicated a laser lock on him!  Glancing at his radar, he saw that another TIE had gotten onto his six without him realizing it. "Stang!  Fallen, get him off me," JMac yelled as he pulled into a tight roll.  Things were starting to get interesting.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"He who can still laugh can still survive."
"Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest SOB ever to walk the valley.      ~Vietnam Creedo
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

November 21, 2001 8:59:21 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Meanwhile, in the Coruscant System... Riel and Darkhawk docked in the large Mon Calamari Star Cruiser.  They were instructed to remain inside the shuttle, but Riel had other plans.  "Darkhawk, you stay in here, I'll go find PJ." "Heck no, you're not doing that.  Let 42 and Mrr watch the ship, and we go together," Darkhawk said. Riel shrugged.  "Suit yourself."  A mischevious grin spread across his face.  "Let's have some fun." They quietly slipped from the shuttle.  Riel always hated the seemingly random way that the Mon Cal cruisers were put together, but he thought that some over-riding layout was in some way in effect.  They followed the organic looking corridors until Riel found the one where the layout of the Home One had it's prison cells.  A few questions were asked along the way, but despite the short amount of time between the occupation of Coruscant to the present, it appears that the Rebellion got rather lax in that time. When they tried to get near the prisoners cells, though, that's when security got rather heavy.  "We're going to have to find another way in," Darkhawk said.  Riel always was amazed at how Darkhawk always pointed out the obvious.  "Well, do we have the cell he's in?" "Mrr said it was cell 1138," Darkhawk replied.  They walked a bit further down the corridor until they found the refresher booths.  Riel smiled.  Looking around to make sure no one was around, he drew Darkhawk in one.  "Stay in here, I'll be back in a few minutes." Riel scrambled up into the ventilation ducts until he got over the prison cells.  By some twist of luck, or will of the force, the guard change just began.  That gave him five minutes to get in there, get PJ, and get out.  Well, now was a better time than any.  Riel relaxed his mind and dropped through the grating.  He rushed to cell 1138 and tried to open the door.  "Well, I guess I should've known it would be locked," Riel said.  Without thinking, Riel began pushing numbers on the keypad, and the door opened up.  "Hi, I'm Riel Fury, I'm here to rescue you," he said in a dramatic voice.  PJ looked very haggard, and could hardly get up, but with enough coaxing, they got him out of the cell.  Riel, using strength he didn't know he had, got PJ up through the ventilation ducts.  After he hoisted himself up, they proceeded to the refresher booths. "Now, here is where it gets really hard," Riel said...

-----------------------
Squadron Commander
Aegis Squadron
Wing Commander Wing One
Fallen
ComNet Member

November 22, 2001 4:03:46 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen looked out of his screen. He was tailed by 2 absolutely stubborn TIE fighters. 'Cmon, shake it ..... shake it man ....' Fallen went on normal pace before he suddenly took a 90 degrees dive downwards. He could have sweared that his stomach was almost pushed to his mouth. Following him, the fighter kept him in defence by firing at him continuously. Fallen dodged a tower of a massive ship and managed to loose one of the fighters. He tried to dodge again but decided to enlist the help of someone else to blast this totally idiot into scraps. 'Someover please. TIE on my tail.' 'Right over.' Jmac's crisp reply sounded over the intercom. Fallen noticed J dropping near the enemy fighter and grinned when it was blasted into bits. 'Thanks for that. It was close.' 'Nah. Now let's get out there and ROCK AND ROLLZZ ....'

-----------------------

Fallen
ComNet Member

November 22, 2001 4:06:04 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen looked out of his screen. He was tailed by 2 absolutely stubborn TIE fighters. 'Cmon, shake it ..... shake it man ....' Fallen went on normal pace before he suddenly took a 90 degrees dive downwards. He could have sweared that his stomach was almost pushed to his mouth. Following him, the fighter kept him in defence by firing at him continuously. Fallen dodged a tower of a massive ship and managed to loose one of the fighters. He tried to dodge again but decided to enlist the help of someone else to blast this totally idiot into scraps. 'Someover please. TIE on my tail.' 'Right over.' Jmac's crisp reply sounded over the intercom. Fallen noticed J dropping near the enemy fighter and grinned when it was blasted into bits. 'Thanks for that. It was close.' 'Nah. Now let's get out there and ROCK AND ROLLZZ ....'

-----------------------

Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
November 22, 2001 8:19:52 AM    View the profile of Warmaker 
The three Gunboats fly a strafing run against the turrets of the damaged capitol ship as suddenly a  half squad B-Wings on the Heckscreens appear. "He Corran, we have company" said warmaker. "Ok guys, on my mark break through and engage, I want 3 torpedos going through that squad" answered corran. "OK" came the reply. "NOW" The Gunboats made simultan a half roll and fly towards the B-Wings. "OK, switching to torpedos." sayed Warmaker. "Wait till we are 1,5 klick away" "Copy that" replyed Warmaker and Darkomega. at 1,5 klick 3 Torps fly quikly agains the B-Wings . They detonate in the middle of the group and send two from them instantly to Hell during a third flawed against the Hull from the cap ship stagger. The gunbouts fly with all guns firing trough the expanding Fireballs. "Is everybody ok?" asked Corran. "WUUUUUHHHUUUU, man i love this, i have a little smoke inside my cockpit, but thats no problem." answered Warmaker. "He you should not smoke in your Fighter" sayed Darkomega. " "Calmly Partners there are still 3 B-Wings around" sayed Corran. ....

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Warmaker/Viper 3-2/WING I/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN
You can run but you cannot hide
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
November 22, 2001 12:20:03 AM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
"Hey Falllen and JMac, I just picked up 3 flights of  Assault Gunboats heading for the Atrus.  Lets take them out before they reach the Atrus." "Yes sir." "I'm gonna make a strafing run on one of the flights and take out their shields with my autoblaster cannon.  You guys stay behind me and them out after my first pass." "Roger that flight leader." Fallen and JMac regrouped with Kain's YF-19.  Kain sped up and started his strafing.  He let out quick bursts from his autoblaster cannon.  All the Assault Gunboats lost at least 85% of their shield strength. The YF-19 sped passed the Assault Gunboats, then Fallen and JMac proceeded to hammer the shieldless Assault Gunboats with their laser cannon.  Most of them were torn apart from the barrage of the laser blasts.  Kain quickly u-turned backed to the remaining Assault Gunboat and shot it to pieces. "Good team work guys, now onto the next flight of Assault Gunboats." Kain, Fallen, and JMac sped towards their next targets getting ready for their next attack.   ----------------------- Warrant Officer 1st Class Kain Rennok FL/WO1 Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=MA=] [VC:Silver] [BRC]
[This message has been edited by Kain Rennok (edited November 23, 2001 5:56:49 PM)]
Corran
ComNet Member

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  552
Total Posts:  552
November 22, 2001 12:40:05 AM    View the profile of Corran 
Corran checked his screen, the B-wings were still close by and were circling round. "OK Warmaker and darkomega, we are all going to take one B-wing at a time. Form up and torpedoes the lasers. Lock Load and...fire!""Warmaker away." "darkomega away." "I've got this one guys. you two get the next one." said Warmaker. "Warmaker this one's gone." said darkomega "This one too." exclaimed Warmaker." "Right, lets get back to that capital ship." ordered Corran.

-----------------------
Petty Officer 2nd Class Corran
Training Officer Adjutant

FL/PO2 Corran/Viper 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted teacake? - Talkie Toaster - Red Dwarf
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

November 22, 2001 1:38:35 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
OOC: Isnt Viper on they own little crusade against the rebels if im right which im pretty sure i am, then Aegis should only be scoring impy craft kills and viper should only get Rebel kills. if im wrong then please correct me but if im not the please edit you posts so they work.

-----------------------
Aegis 1-2
VEN Ace pilot and soon to be best
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:39:15 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 141  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >