Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > America elected it's President a second time...

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  America elected it's President a second time...
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  786
Total Posts:  981
  RE: America elected his Hitler a second time...
November 3, 2004 8:35:46 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Jon Stewart rocks!

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1090
Total Posts:  3342
November 3, 2004 8:48:32 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
"Now we shall see our freedoms slowly dwindle away.  If you aren't white, straight, male, and rich, then you're in trouble" -Anubis

I havent seen Bush pass any racist or sexist laws. As for gay marriage, obviously Bush isn't the ONLY person in the world that is against it. (11 states banned it) So please Anubis, think before you speak again.

"The Patriot Act affected my freedoms. No longer can I take a flight without practically having a body cavity search performed"

I don't know about you heth, but when I was flying to England (across the US, and laying over in NYC) and coming back (laying over in chicago) I felt SAFER that I couldnt get through without a cavity search. Also, I don't really consider being able to walk unchecked through an airport a "freedom" I think you all are mixing "freedoms" with "privileges."

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  787
Total Posts:  981
November 3, 2004 8:56:18 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Phoenix Said:

"I havent seen Bush pass any racist or sexist laws. As for gay marriage, obviously Bush isn't the ONLY person in the world that is against it. (11 states banned it) So please Anubis, think before you speak again."

Bush certainly tried to pass a homophobic law but fortunately it failed.  He has yet to pass a sexist law but I dont know about you, but I think there will be an attempt to challenge the Roe v. Wade ruling.  11 states banned gay marriage, I think that proves Anubis' point.  That combined with Bush's amendment show that those who are homosexual are in trouble.  Yes people other than Bush were against same-sex marriage, but most of those ppl voted for Bush and fanatical Republican senators.  This administration is going to steer America drastically to the right and I feel sorry for minorities, homosexuals, and women in America.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited November 3, 2004 8:57:23 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  2011
Total Posts:  3940
November 3, 2004 9:09:36 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
dont forget the gun owners. or the poor, who are getting fired because of his war,
and like they porve by some study Jon Stewerts audience knew more about politics than i think it was CNN's
  -----------------------
The Comnet Hermit{Retired}
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazySQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited November 3, 2004 9:11:22 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1607
Total Posts:  2689
November 3, 2004 9:15:47 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Actually, Canada doesn't want us.

What's more, there is a lot of call for reform in the Democratic Party. Which, given the election results, couldn't hurt.  I'd start with the text of John Edward's lead-in speech today and the still-relevant parts of James Carville's "Had Enough?".  And, strange though it may seem, Howard Dean of all people sent his supporters the small-but-accurate silver lining in this whole debacle.

Basically, I've gotten mail from Republicans gloating and one choice piece of crap wishing my brother dead in Iraq to "set me straight" for not backing Bush.  These lovely bastards used a hateful church bulletin to scare my mother into voting for Bush.  I called her last night and she was crying, starting off with "I did the wrong thing today." Compassionate conservatives my butt.

Granted, there are Republicans who aren't racists, suppressors of civil liberties, cowards, and doctors who sterilize women against their will (OK's new senator).  You know what? It's time for them to take their party back too.

There's a lot of talk on how the administration is going to reach out to those who voted against it.  I haven't seen that for four years, I doubt I'll be holding my breath waiting for it now.  If you voted for Bush, make sure he keeps his word to you.  If you voted for Kerry or someone else, do what you can to keep your chin up and work to not just stand by and let things get worse.

Hope you guys don't live to regret your smug grins.

Addendum to previous comments: Bush has 1) tried to remove federal insurance from paying for birth control pills, 2) tried to force unwed mothers to marry the fathers of their children, even if they were convicted drug felons, 3) is, of course, anti-abortion, 4) does nothing to advance equal pay laws and refuses all talk of it.  Those just from the top of my head.  As for racism, affirmative action opposition is a hell of a start in that direction, but the overall GOP pandering to it's racist elements (Jesse Helms once got elected on the sole platform that his opponent was black) makes the entire party complicit in any organized racism in my view.  Plus, refusing to meet with the NAACP does not imply a president who gives a lick about what African-Americans think in this country.  Not listening to your citizens means you don't give a damn about them. 
  -----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 3, 2004 9:24:06 PM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2260
Total Posts:  2685
November 3, 2004 9:19:44 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Fury, Japheth, Afyon, etc. - I'd do more to back you up here, but the overwhelming dumbness has destroyed my will to live.

And I don't care if Canada wants me or not, I'm still going.

-----------------------
COM Darkhawk/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][CBV*][MC:1][VC:Ebony][KC:OC]

DLotS/SW Darkhawk/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  124
Total Posts:  199
November 3, 2004 9:46:31 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
I love what I can do to people.  One small post and I got people talking all about it.  It truly does feel great.  Now back to the real issue.

I believe in guns, not for hunting or anything like that but should we need them to defend our country.  That is one thing the democrats are wrong with, but when it comes to social issues, the Democratic party must be needed.

For at least 5 years now I've been watching Evangelical programming, and the hate speech that comes out from them is disgusting.  Why do I continue to watch it? You may ask, because I consider them my enemy, just like Fox News.  From watching them, I've begun to understand these people.  They are nearly as bad as Islamic radicalism.

I would also so love for Bush to do a draft, because that like a national gay marriage ban, would push me over the edge.  I'd probably be pushed over the edge with the state ones, but it hasn't effected Illinois yet.  Another thing is that violence is needed.  The legal process won't work, so long as people are in fear that another attack will come.

And not one person can convince me there is such a thing as a "compassionate conservative."  It's not real, and never will be real.  Now some of you may be wondering where the hate for homosexuals and all this other stuff comes from.  I'll provide you with a historical perspective.

In the civilizations of Ancient Greece and Rome, many of the condemed acts in the Bible are present.  Rome persecuted the Christians, and so to get back, the Christians made many of what were rather common practices and jobs (prostitution) a sin.

The Catholic Church has taken a less direct approach to this, preferring to stay out of politics.  That is how I can stand the Roman Catholic Church.  But the Evangelicals continually push this wrong agenda upon us.  The worst part is that people go along with this.

As an ending statement to this part anyway, I would like to say that I've been considering a career in politics, but I may just take the quicker and more efficient approach if I find that our legal system can no longer defend the people of this nation.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1092
November 3, 2004 9:50:09 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Perhaps since I am anti-abortion (except for certain cases like rape), and not too big a fan of gay marriage OR affirmative action is why I don't see a problem here.

My solutions:

Abortion - Don't be stupid and have unsafe sex....better yet...don't have sex until you want a kid.

Gay Marriage - um...just no.

AA- wrong on so many levels. How is giving a job or college admission to a minority beneficial? All it does is perpetuate minorities using their race as a crutch and an excuse.

Oh and Anubis...if you are so radical that you ACTUALLY contemplate violent actions against the government...seek help.

As for your little "blame the roman catholic church" spiel, prostitution is not only a sin, its a crime, remember that. And actually prostitution was declared a sin in the OLD TESTAMENT. Once again, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

-----------------------
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited November 3, 2004 9:53:48 PM)]
Liquid
ComNet Member

Liquid

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  622
Total Posts:  679
November 3, 2004 10:10:06 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
First off: let me just say that calling Bush Hitler is wrong. I do not see bush trying to commit genocide, so let's just leave that whole thing out of it.

Secondly: Pheonix, I agree with your points about gay marraiges (sp?), affirmative action, and abortion. Let me add a little bit to your point about abortion, though.

Abortion should only be used in those cases where it is truly not the woman's decision for her to have sex. Now, if it is the woman's decision to get drunk, and then through her drunkeness she somehow manages to be convinced to have sex with some guy, that is her fault. She shouldn't have been drinking in the first place, unless she knew full well what all the consequences might be. Short of somebody putting a date rape drug in her drink, she should have still had the ability to say no. It is always the woman's choice to say no, and if you (as the man) do not have the balls to respect the woman's choice, you shouldn't be allowed to pass on your seed anyways.

I do not agree with his points because I am a catholic or anything like that. I'm not a religious person. I do believe in God and all that crap, but frankly, I believe that everyone else is just so caught up in the whole "God" thing to really know what the heck he wants you to do. I have decided to live my life the way I want to, and as long as I am not changing other people's lives by doing it, I feel that that is in my best interest. Yes, I drink. Do I drive after alcohol has touched my lips? No. Yes, I smoke the occasional bit of weed. Do I drive or operate something that might hurt somebody after I do it? No. Usually, after I become intoxicated or high, I sit at my friend's/my house and play computer games, or watch television, maybe even take a nice long nap.

Also, I have nothing to hide, I know that most of what I do is illegal (I'm only 18, so I can't legally drink in USA yet.) but I do it anyways, and if somehow, the government finds out about it, be it a cop coming and busting one of the parties I go to, or them somehow finding out through the internet that I do these things, that's just too bad for me. I do feel safer because of the Patriot Act, only because of the fact that with it, the real criminals can have stuff found out about them easier. I'm not trying to say that the government isn't going to misconstrue the law someday, but I sure hope not.

(Oh, and Chippy, get over it, man, she's ****ing gone.)

One more thing: there is something that I want changed about America: Standardized mechanic prices. I got quoted 1500 bucks from one mechanic just to drop the engine out of my car and put a new one in. Another mechanic with more experience quoted me 500 bucks to do it. Guess who I'll be going with? He might be a little further away, but damn.....

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight of the Dark Jedi Order
First Lieutenant of the Vast Empire Navy

ph34red by many

are you man enough?
[This message has been edited by Liquid (edited November 3, 2004 10:14:55 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  928
Total Posts:  1056
November 3, 2004 10:11:36 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Anubis, you didnt do this. It was bound to happen no matter who did what.

Well unless Tal locked it....

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  1624
Total Posts:  2417
November 3, 2004 11:36:30 PM    View the profile of Talon 
First off, Rema, fuck you.

I'm only going to make one point on this topic. I've heard so many people say they're ashamed to live in the US now and that they want to leave. Guess what, I'm putting my life on the line so you can live in peace. You have no clue what kind of danger is out there in the water. There are a lot of people that would kick our asses if given the chance. If you don't like my country so much, get the fuck out of it. I hope I'm asleep on watch when the bombs hit your houses you ungreatful sons of bitches.

-----------------------
OO/SM Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CEO Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2013
November 3, 2004 11:47:03 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
1st  Talon: They are leaving

second i dont think anyone has said anything bad about having a military and if they did they're without a doubt fucking morons; i think the only military action being quetioned around here is iraq, wich has nothing to do with freedom, only greed.

third: the US sucks, it always has sucked and always will suck, if you think i'm going to move becuase of that then, well, thats idiotcy talking, the US sucks alot less than some other countrys, however the point of the US is for the people to be able to bitch and moan about how shitty the country is and for them to maybe decide to change something. thats the entire point, not for us to settle, but to always strive for better.

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  469
Total Posts:  659
November 3, 2004 11:47:56 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Talon makes an excellent point. It's like blaming the soldiers for getting sent to Iraq against the beliefs of more than half of the country. It's a great dishonour to them to protest their being sent there when it's out of their hands and their orders prevent them doing anything about it.

Guess what americans.. it's YOUR public who re-elected him. It's still your country and what you do matters. We sure as hell aren't going to take you all in if you suddenly decide australia is a nicer place to live than the US.. cause guess what.. it wouldn't be for very long if it was full of americans who think that way.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1093
November 3, 2004 11:49:30 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Tal you have my support.

-----------------------
-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2014
November 3, 2004 11:53:21 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
i'm not agaisnt the troops i'm against the fool who sent them there,

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  470
Total Posts:  659
November 3, 2004 11:57:19 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Yes many people have said that, and then gone on to protest the troops once they were deployed. That is just wrong.

Also, regardless of who gets elected what, the world is still going to be full of people who hate you. Why? History. Something you CANNOT escape. The US has seen itself as owning the world for longer than Bush has ever been alive, and that isn't something that is going to change any time soon. Hell, half my american customers have no idea how to dial outside the country because they have no concept of real "overseas" countries.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Matok
ComNet Novice

Matok

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  92
Total Posts:  102
November 4, 2004 12:49:08 AM    View the profile of Matok 
"...not agaisnt the troops, I'm against the fool who sent them there"

Amen.

-----------------------
Rafran Matok;
[GM Matok/CO/AC/ARMY/FES]
Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Vice Admiral (VAD)
[VE-VEHC] Vice Admiral*

Post Number:  1260
Total Posts:  2517
  RE: America elected it's President a second time..
November 4, 2004 4:46:41 AM    View the profile of Japheth 
Wow, lots has been said since I posted.

Pheonix said, "I felt SAFER that I couldnt get through without a cavity search."

Ben Franklin said, "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-------
Fury said, "Granted, there are Republicans who aren't racists, suppressors of civil liberties, cowards, and doctors who sterilize women against their will (OK's new senator)."

I say, "I'm sorry America!"
I continue, "Don't blame me, I voted for Carson."
------
Pheonix said, "Gay Marriage - um...just no."

I say, "Let people do what they want. We as a society that espouse freedom and liberty as core values do not have the right to restrict same to a group of people based on sexuality."

I've met a lot of gay people since comming to college and count at least one as a very good friend (and one of my pledge brothers in my fraternity). I can't imagine a mindset that would want to oppress that entire portion of the populace just because they happen to like people with the same plumbing.
----
Talon said, "Guess what, I'm putting my life on the line so you can live in peace."

I say, "Gogogo!"

I, like many of us, have relitives that are either in the military or are military vets. Further I've had a lot of friends recently enlist and I have a few more that are currently in ROTC and will be out there as soon as their schools give them peices of paper to hang on a wall somewhere. I fully support every soldier out there and wish them the best of everything and all the luck in the world. They perform a service that I feel I could never commit myself to. I value their dedication to me and every other citizen and thank them for it. I also happen to disagree with many of the policies of their Commander in Chief. For those of them in the services that also disagree, I sympathize. Those that -do- agree have a much easier job to perform (no one wants to work for someone they hate).
------
Snipes said, "third: the US sucks, it always has sucked and always will suck"

I say, "Fuck you kid. Go home."

The United States, for many of its failings (esspecially as of late) is still a great country to live in. It is quite likely that on a relative world-wide scale you are in the top 10% of people for quality of life simply because you live in this country. Here you have the freedom to, out loud, say what you have posted here and the government can't actually do anything to you (or shouldn't be able to, but thats another issue). While I have joked left and right about moving somewhere else when I get a degree, its all in jest. By the time I get a degree, Bush's term will be half over and I will be happily looking forward to putting some other monkey in office that couldn't possibly make worse policy decisions.
-----
Matok said, "Amen."

I say, "Ditto."

Though I'm by NO streatch of the imagination a religious person, I agree with Matok that Snipes has, unfortunately, hit the nail on the head with his directions of who he is against. The troops are the bestest 3v4r. Their leader, however, is employing them as a police force for no good reason. The military is not a police force. Its a giant beating win-stick force. You don't use the military to keep the peace in some other country. You use the military to WIN in some other country.

-----------------------
Vice Admiral Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Templar
Naval Commander in Chief, Captain of the mSSD Atrus
Headmaster of the Dark Jedi Order Academy
-----------------------
NCC/VAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-1/Raptor 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][LSM][MC:1][KC:OC]
HM/KT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-3/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  910
Total Posts:  2873
November 4, 2004 7:49:33 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Now i have to place my vote for the UK party who is least likely to follow your ar****** of a leader around.

Saw a dead ringers (impressionist comedy) US election special the other night, oh it made me laugh.

"Bush will protect you from the closet monsters!"

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited November 4, 2004 7:50:42 AM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1095
November 4, 2004 9:41:55 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Heth you are still mixing up that waltzing through airport secuirty is a privilege, not a freedom. Personal privacy is all good and fun, but certain precautions need to be taken when your boarding a big-ass moving bomb.

-----------------------
-

Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  247
Total Posts:  504
November 4, 2004 10:11:56 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
The United States is the most powerful country in the world and we have the best disciplined/trained men and women. I don't give a rats crack what you guys say. I agree with Tal, he and his men as well as the women are trying to protect our asses with there lives.

If the draft is reinstated, I'd sure as hell go and serve with him in Iraq if I got the chance, or anywhere for that matter. If it relieves him of duty and sends him back home, then that would be great. Just because you don't like our country/president Snipes, doesn't mean you have to go and shoot it down.

We all make mistakes and we can learn from them. I am sure President Bush has made his mistakes, but in doing that I think he may have learned from them to make him a better person.

As for Afyon's comment from my first post, I don't see how I am the one uniformed. Just because I called President Bush "awesome" doesn't mean I don't understand. I think he is a very good leader and I am glad he got re-elected.

If you would like me to give you examples, then ask me and I will prove my point Afyon.

Thank you for your time.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
AS-4/TRP/LCPL Lukas Yuy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Stormie
ComNet Cadet

Stormie

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  304
November 4, 2004 10:53:47 AM    View the profile of Stormie 
I just read all of your posts and I am realy happy to know some reasons now.
Also I never HATED someone who voted Bush. I like the people who said they voted Bush as much or less I did before.
And for the people who wrote that they voted Bush because Karry is not better: there were also other candidates like Nader....!
And yes - Karry would not have been a great president. But I would never had voted Bush, in the first place, because he never got realy elected by the American people. He cheated on the last elections 4 years ago - and that is PROVED.

Well, anyways - a nice discussion - thank you for your intrest and keep on posting

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Stormie
Iron Horse Elite Squad Leader (Retired)
Platoon Commander of WildCard Platoon (Retired)
Platoon Commander of Storm Platoon (Retired)
APP/PAG Darth Seegers (Senate Hall)/Aurora
RETIRED/SRGMStormtrooper1026/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1}{IH}{SoM}{CoR}
[This message has been edited by Stormie (edited November 4, 2004 11:05:43 AM)]
Stormie
ComNet Cadet

Stormie

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  267
November 4, 2004 11:07:32 AM    View the profile of Stormie 
Oh, and by the way, I don't understand why gays and lesbians should not marry.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Stormie
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate (UNI)

Post Number:  772
Total Posts:  851
November 4, 2004 12:01:58 AM    View the profile of Virius 
Well I really don't want to bring in the discussion about why I think that homosexuals shouldn't marry but that is just me.

And Tal I agree with you totally, and for that matter I am soon going to go to a recruiter and look into very deeply the armed forces. I want to join one way or another because I really would like to serve my country and help Bush make this country a nicer to live in.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Virius A.K.A. FlyingKnight
Combat Slicer

TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Virius/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/UNI Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
[This message has been edited by Virius (edited November 4, 2004 12:12:59 AM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1058
Total Posts:  1216
November 4, 2004 12:07:05 AM    View the profile of JMac 
My thoughts on Bush are well documented, and I for one am overjoyed that he was re-elected.  It was way too close though, I was up at 4AM clicking the refresh button on my computer to see how Ohio was going to break.  Wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway, I was too terrified that Kerry would be my Commander in Chief.  That would have been a situation too horrible for words. 

Stormie, actually, it was proven that he didn't cheat in the last election, he won Florida fair and square.  A bunch of liberal reporters and organizations went and did their own recount, and turns out that Bush won after all.  You can find that info buried in the New York Times somewhere that no-one ever looks, because it would prolly make their heads explode to publish that kind of info somewhere that people would read it.

For the record Bush DID meet with the NAACP.  I know that Kerry said that he didn't, but as well all know, Kerry said a lot of things, many of them untrue.  Though personally, I fail to see how it would be racist not to meet with them and the Congressional Black Caucus.  Those organizations are racist in and of themselves, and I am appaled that they have the legitamacy that they have.  What would happen if there was a Congressional White Caucus?  Or for that matter, White Entertainment TV (yeah, that really had nothing to do with anything, but that channel massively pisses me off.)

Pheth, we do more then go into countries to win, or be a "win-stick force".  US Army, for instance, has 3 primary purposes, not 1. 
1.  Combat Operations
2.  Peacekeeping
3.  Humanitarian Aid

Amazingly, we are fulfilling all three in Iraq.  Go figure.

Snipes, all I have to say is, better men then you could ever hope to be have died to give you the right to say that.

-----------------------
LCM_ JMac/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Viva el gato mojado!!!!

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
~Beck

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest (*&^%$(*&%^( ever to walk the jungle.
~Vietnam Creedo
Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Vice Admiral (VAD)
[VE-VEHC] Vice Admiral*

Post Number:  1261
Total Posts:  2517
November 4, 2004 1:19:12 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Stormie said, "there were also other candidates like Nader....!"

In Oklahoma we had only two people on the ballot: Bush and Kerry. It's bass ackwards way of decideing who gets on the ballot means that the only third party candidate to be on an Oklahoma ballot in my lifetime was H. Ross Perot.
------
JMac said, "Amazingly, we are fulfilling all three in Iraq.  Go figure."

We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place. We wouldn't have to be fufilling the roles you have stated in the event of not ever having invaded a soverign nation.

The following is from this website, the US Army Infantry homepage:

"Thus, American leaders called on their military forces to perform a range of military operations from combat to peacekeeping and humanitarian assistance. Army doctrine changed to reflect this new reality, evolving a whole new category of peace operations. Although the Army had conducted many of these kinds of operations throughout its history, the new doctrine reflected the expectation that, in the future, it would perform them as a matter of course."

This statement implies that peacekeeping was NOT an origonal goal of the US Army, but was instead added later after Presidents repeatedly used them as a world police force. This is not their orignonal or primary purpose. I stand by my statement.
-----
Phoenix said, "waltzing through airport secuirty is a privilege, not a freedom"

No, its a right. I have the right to my own privacy and to not have some anonymous and questionably motivated security guard ruffle through my things. I have the right to take a goddamn safty razor with me because I want to shave.

I'll agree that a certain amount of security is needed concerning airtravel. I believe we were at a perfectly acceptable level of it before this entire fiasco. While security SHOULD be reliving people of box cutters, guns, and the like, they should not be taking the goddamn pocket knife that my deceased grandfather gave me.

If you believe that the current airport security is NOT impinging on your rights as an American citizen then you are sorely mistaken.

-----------------------
Vice Admiral Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Templar
Naval Commander in Chief, Captain of the mSSD Atrus
Headmaster of the Dark Jedi Order Academy
-----------------------
NCC/VAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-1/Raptor 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][LSM][MC:1][KC:OC]
HM/KT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-3/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE
Stormie
ComNet Cadet

Stormie

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  268
November 4, 2004 1:32:27 PM    View the profile of Stormie 
George W. Bush set in the 10 highest judges, which controlled the last countings of all votes.
Short before the ending of that counting, the 10 judges decided to stop the counting with the reason that

"the result could harm the appereance of the president of the United States".

How do you explain that?

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Stormie
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2262
Total Posts:  2685
November 4, 2004 3:00:42 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Talon - calm down.
I don't believe that anyone here said a foul word against the military or anyone in it. My problem is not with a specific branch of the military or with any American citizen in the military, but with certain actions of the Commander-in-Chief and others in high-ranking positions. Does that sound hypocritical? Well, perhaps. But it's still the way I feel.
The respect I have for you, and everyone serving in the military (Megadeth, Twin Fury, two of my uncles, two of my cousins), is more than tremendous.
Don't take 1 + 1 and come up with an answer of 3.
And I'm not actually going to move out of the country. How is that going to get anything done?

It seems to me that we're approaching a turning point in history... this is the darkness before the dawn - sometime soon this nation will get swept up in a huge Civil Rights movement again, and I'm all for it.

-----------------------
COM Darkhawk/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][CBV*][MC:1][VC:Ebony][KC:OC]

DLotS/SW Darkhawk/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited November 4, 2004 3:01:55 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  904
Total Posts:  4197
November 4, 2004 5:01:03 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Well, I'm not quite as outrageous as I used to be...  Maybe in my mind...  I still do try to keep it legitimate and on the topic... 

...  If I had the choice, between Bush and Kerry, I would have to choose Bush.  Yes, he is extremelly trigger happy, and reguardless of what he thought he was doing when he sent our guys into Iraq, he is still doing the 'right' thing.  No one bitch me out now, let me explain first...  Forget all the problems going on here for a second, and think about what was going on over there.  Bush, no matter how stupid you think he is, stepped into a huge situation that has been overlooked for too long and should never have been taking place...  Our decision to go into Iraq is truly moral...  That's a fact, we are doing the 'right' thing.  Doesn't matter about 'the evils' or that Saddam Hussein needed to be 'taken out'.  We are attempting to restore those people to peace, to govern themselves...  Thinking otherwise is almost selfish.  Also, whitty quotes prove nothing.  "George Washington' probably, our greatest and most respected president besides Abe Lincold gave us specific instructions...  "Stay away from political parties, and stay nuetral..."  If we had stayed with that, we would not be nearly as diverse as we are now...

And also, reguardless of what you think...  We are not Rome.  Rome was the greatest of its time, we are not.  Abortion, my opinion, its always going to be wrong, it always has been, that just can't change.  Our laws state that killing someone for no reason, is murder.  Reguardless of whether its inside or outside of the womb, it's the same thing.  Putting a time-limit on such a thing is ludicrous, its all the same, and frankly, I hope, for the sake of our souls that some one get rid of 'Roe v Wade'. 

We're lucky to be born into such a country we're we can sit and think our thoughts, and I try to respect all that has been done in the past just to keep it that way...  But never the less, peace is the only alternitive, we can win wars without violence and we can essentially keep away from wars at all time.  That's just me thinking out loud, excuse me if I moved from subject to subject to much. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1059
Total Posts:  1216
November 4, 2004 5:02:34 PM    View the profile of JMac 
How do you have a right to privacy?  I would really like to know, because I find that no-where in the constitution, Pheth.  In any case, you give up that right by going to the airport, no-one is sticking a gun to your head and making you take a plane. 

The Florida Recounts were IILEGAL.  That's right, ILLEGAL.  They shouldn't have happened in the first place, they were against the law, but once they occured, and Bush won, the court eventually stopped them, because giving the leader of your country an even bigger air of illegitamacy then his sore-loser opponent already has is not a good thing.  Undermines everything.

Darkness before the dawn?!?  What darkness.  We are in the middle of an economic upswing, rebuilding the middle east (Afganistan had a better voter turnout then we did), so far as I'm concerned, things are going great.  I've never been happier, well, girlfriend breaking up with me aside, I've never been happier.  Life is going great.  Why would we have a huge Civil Rights movement?  Civil Rights are still fine, there is no need for a movement.

-----------------------
LCM_ JMac/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Viva el gato mojado!!!!

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
~Beck

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest (*&^%$(*&%^( ever to walk the jungle.
~Vietnam Creedo
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > America elected it's President a second time...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:08:47 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 267  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >