Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  987
Total Posts:  4197
  RE: Chapter 8 : Navy
November 25, 2004 8:54:40 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam had spent the last fourty-five minutes cleaning up airtraffic, and making sure that there were no real hostile threats that he could take care of.  The group was heading back to space and getting ready to leave this tiresome place.  However, Shazam decided to stay behind and satisfy his appitite for distruction on his own, and went after one more thing before leaving to space. 

Being a curious person, he decided to investigate a small development center outside a city near the third base.  Syprill was a smaller space port, a lot less turrets, only a couple of patrol craft, and just two hanger bays.  The one runway it used was mostly under the control of a private organization trading bacta, and it seemed to be quite a reasonable business though.  Shazam only bothered to take out few armories it had, one of which exploded quite suddenly and almost caused him to crash. 

However, since it was only a small merchent seller, Shazam decided to make sure that the base would barelly be touched, less to rebuild where-as the turret system at the first base seemed to be going hay-wire, so they were systematically disabled by the gunboats.  Shazam decided to do it slighly cheaper... 

There were four lone turrets, three of them randomly scattered around the area, and one sitting right next to the control tower.  Being spaced out a little helped Shazam manuver comfortably and allowed him to relax.  The area was fenced in, away from a small row of homes that were apparently occupied by those who ran the litte airbase.  Shazam decided not to bother with those and went directly to the turrets.  The first thing he noticed was that they were actually manned turrets.  They were not controlled by some over-advanced program, but instead were heavilly fortified and barricaded steal turrents with a couple of guys sitting around.  At the bottom of the turret, there was a double blast door, and several security consoles.  These must have cost the small business owners a pretty penny or too... 

Shazam, looking to do as little damage as possible, looked for an opening into the turrets; the rotating head seemed to be very quick on these so he would have very little time to look.  Making a quick pass on the one farthest from the base, Shazam could recognize a small knock-out door just in case of an emergency; this had actually been built into the turret unlike the double door.  It also seemed to be opened from the inside...  Shazam wondered...

Being the conservitive man he was, Shazam hadn't bothered to make use of the missles he'd been carrying the entire time he'd been on the planet.  Three turrets, a couple of other areas to hit, he could see himself using the missles with some to spare if he didn't miss.  Getting to a safe distance, Shazam began an approach run at the farthest turret; hopefully he would be able to take all of them down in one pass.  Shazam didn't feel to uneasy about this, so he basically just went for it.  Approaching eighty percent of his throttle, Shazam locked onto the turrets upper door. 

His lock was clean and Shazam was not alert for any danger at that particular moment, however, that did not mean there was none.  The locking reticle turned red, Shazam's finger began to pull back on the trigger, but something interupted his seemingly easy task.  A mere shadow appeared behind the turret, then it took form as a full armed and firing X-wing.  An alarm went off in his cabin as a missle was locked on to him; Shazam glanced down at the radar to see three enemy fighters in an area that consisted of no more than eighty meters.  The alarm turned into a burning screech that erupted in the cabin; the missle had fired.  Shazam swore aloud, but pushed his throttle to max immedietly. 

Still speeding towards the sitting turret, Shazam peeled into full volocity, now aiming dead on with the small defense platform.  The missle no more than a few meters behind him, and Shazam only meters from the turret, Shazam rolled defender around just in time; a little something he'd been practicing in the simulators for some time now.  The enemy missle worked against itself by making perfect contact with the escape door from the turret.  The X-wing was carrying a heavier missle that his own, so Shazam wasn't to suprised to see the entire top of the turret enveloped in flames, the inside being blown out, just before he had to swerve again to avoid the X-wing that had been waiting behind the turret. 

Going with his previous plan, Shazam still at full throttle, bombarded the next turret with two missles, both of them reaching at about the same time and re-inforcing eachother's impacts.  The door was pushed in and sent flying through the front of the turret.  There wasn't quite as much of an explosion as before, but Shazam didn't worry about it. 

The radar glowed a little lighter for a moment, two of the three X-wings were going to try and cut him off by running at him from opposite angles.  They would becoming right at him, So Shazam decided to get a little angle of his own, in an attempt to manipulate the fighters.  The small battleground was working very much against them and was making it extremly hard to stop the small but agile imperial defender. 

The third X-wing still trying to get turned around, would be out of the fight for atleast another minute or two.  Shazam took his chances and sped towards the two incoming fighters; the final outside turret lay ahead.  Feeling a little bit of energy flood into him, Shazam softened his grip on the controls and allowed for some reaction time. 

Coming up on the fighters fast, they fired linked cannons but were surpised when the defender was not where it was supposed to be, infact, it had stopped dead in its tracks.  Before they had time to react though, Shazam had already gotten back up to full speed and sped right past them and letting off two more dead on missles.  This final turret didn't stand a chance and fell to the immense missle power. 

Shazam, taking full advantage of his speed and agility, rolled sideways until he was horizontal with the ground, then pulled up, allowing him to move in a large loop.  Now, there was a single X-wing fighter coming at him, rogue as it seemed, this one was a bit more controlled than the other two.  It seemed that this one was the defiant leader, so Shazam would treat him like one.  Letting the fighter fall into the targeting reticle, Shazam let off four full burst of linked cannon fire.  The four consecutive shots hit the fighter dead on, the X-wing didn't even try to swerve and stood his ground firmly while coming forward at full speed.  Was he expecting some kind of duel?  Shazam didn't bother ponder on it though as the shields disapeared and the X-wing poured out black smoke that coiled in the sky.  The rebel fighter was writhing to keep control but was taken by the coming darkness and brought down into the trees.  Shazam recalled hearing a small impact tremor cause by the fighter exploding just above the surface. 

The two other fighers were still teamed up, and seemed even nosier than before.  Shazam would wait on the last turret, but he would let the opposing pilots think...  Heading towards the little airport, Shazam made some quick 'S' turns as to make sure it wasn't to easy for the pilots to follow.  The two of them were following on wingman coverage and didn't bother to space out as much as they should have.  Shazam was out on his own and even he didn't approve of such close formation no matter what the situation looked like. 

Crossing the fence and the rural housing that had been provided to the base workers, Shazam slowed down, only a little though, as he did not wish to alert the rebel fighters.  Making his way the final turret, Shazam gave the X-wings less and less slack on his tail, letting them get closer and closer.  Shazam felt unpresidented control over the fighters and used it. 

Shazam made sure that the angle he would come in from wouldn't allow the X-wings to pull away, and aimed right for the remaining turret.  The duel hanger bays sat next to eachother behind the control tower which was being occompanied by the turret.  Forgetting about the 'manned' turrets, Shazam played his role as puppet master and led the rebels downwards at a quickrate that not even the best could have pulled out of.  They did follow him, as if in a trance, and they didn't even bother too look around at what they were doing because they were so immensely interested in taking the small imperial craft out of commision.  However, upon reaching the small turret and it's surrounding buildings, Shazam pulled the throttle back and twisted and manuvered between the two rebel buildings.  The following X-wings were pulled straight into the ground and died hard. 

Shazam feeling some glee spread through his body was jostled into a panic by the report of fire coming from the rear.  The turret has sprang to life and was firing rapidly at the small fighter.  Shazam flew high into the sky, all the while being layed out by a manned turret.  The back shield was out before he had time to re-route energy to it, and since Shazam was in the progress of re-routing energy he was slowed down considerably and was pummeled even more.  Little things like this were what brought fighters crashing into mountain sides and being taken down because of engine failure.  What a disgrace he though, but Shazam pushed on anyways; Shazam grimaced with the greatest passion when he thought of how happy the litte punk in the turret was...

Shazam, in his anger pulled tight in his curved turning almost blacked out from the g's.  He wasn't even going that fast but man, just a bit of a tight turn to allow in such a large open sky.  However, it brought him right at the turret; Shazam readied his remaining missles, and didn't bother to spare any.  Coming up from the top, Shazam made  few quick jerks at the controls to keep from being hit, he aimed right into the back of the turret rotating head and launched all of his remaining missles.  Shazam didn't bother to look at the horrendous form that the turret turned to, but instead headed straight for space...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  3245
November 26, 2004 8:03:19 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Once Jack was on the Devestator, he slowly walked to his quarters. "What a day," Jack said as he sat down on his bunk. He decided to read a holobook on the events of the Clone Wars and how each battle was won, since he wanted to be a part of it since he was a kid. After he finished reading that, he went to the research center to look up a few things.

First, he looked up information on super battle droids. As he found this information, he focused in on a picture of a super battle droid's arm. "Yep, this one's a really one, no doubt about it," he said.

Then he looked up the type of bulk cruiser he was on before. A dreadnaught. Figures. Probally was once part of the Kantana fleet or something. After this, he remembered the strange man that he had rescued. Where was he? Did he leave him on Thyferra? No. He was down in the detention level. He left the research center to go find him.

Jack entered the detention level. The man knew him right away. Standing by his cell were two stormtroopers. "Men," Jack began, "you can leave for a second. I need to talk to him."

"Yes, sir," came the reply from one of them as they left.

Jack knelt by the cell. "Who are you?" he asked.

The man looked down. "I... I can't tell you that. I'd put my life on the line."

"You're life is on the line. Tell me who you are and I can help you."

"No, I won't."

"You can tell me..."

"No!!" he yelled. "I cannot tell you!!"

"Then I can't get you out of here. Guards, keep an eye on him. I don't trust him," Jack said as he left.

He walked back to his quarters. Something seemed wrong here. Jack had seen him before this mission. He knew it.

"Chip?" Jack called on his comlink.

"Yeah Jack?" Chip answered.

"Do you have a shuttle I can borrow?"

"No, but my friend owns that medic shuttle."

"Put me through to him." Jack said, almost as a command.

"Okay, I got him. See you later, Jack." The comm went dead before the medic shuttle's captain's voice filled the silence.

"I heard you need a shuttle," he said.

"Yes. May I borrow yours?" Jack asked.

"Fine. I don't need it anyway. Meet me down here in the docking bay."

"I'll see you there, captain," Jack said as he left for the docking bay, trying to figure out the mystery going through his head.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Nebulax, Vast Empire Imperial Navy.
FM/CRW Jack Nebulax/Kaph 2-4/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Ullyr/Phare/Empyrean
Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Nemesis Wing
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman (LCRW)

Post Number:  427
Total Posts:  4599
November 26, 2004 12:50:35 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Mean while, back in his room, Will walked over to his window, and watched as the rest of the Kaph Squadron flies back towards the Navy flagship. He has been out of the Academy for a while, but he didn't participate in the battle. He wanted to make sure that he got everything right, understood everything. During most of the times after he left the Academy, he read in his room, about previous missions that Kaph had done recently from that datapad that was given to him by his training officer. When he's not reading, you could always see him in the simulators, trying out new fighters and combinations of moves everyday. As much as he liked the simulator, he knows that the real space is much different than the simulators.

As he watched, he saw that a shuttle is leaving the ship, and wondered who was on it, why would someone still be heading to the planet when they were about to take off. He brushed off immediatly the thought of leaving someone behind, they wouldn't possibly do that, would they?

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because the Dark Side conquered the Jedies.
-(=A=)-
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  152
November 26, 2004 1:24:56 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Willtconq, my idea wasn't to head back to Thyferra but my homeworld to look for clues about the strange man I'm talking about. But I'll make it fit in to the story)

Once the shuttle was clear of the Star Destroyer, Jack pushed the fighter into the atmosphere of Thyferra to make sure no one was left behind. Once he made sure the rest of his squadron was safe, he sent the course for his home planet, Aurora Prime. He engaged the hyperdrive and watched the stars become the blue lines of hyperspace.

To keep himself occupied throughout the trip, Jack read a holobook titled "How to Take Care of Your New Mechanical Arm." He read through it, almost twice, before reaching the place he called home.

"Unidentified shuttle, unidentified shuttle," a mechanical voice said, "please transmit ID codes now or prepare to be destroyed."

"Aurora Space Control, this is Vast Empire Medic Shuttle THX-1138," Jack said. It was a good thing Aurora Prime was faithful to the Empire. "Requesting permission to land in Nova City," Jack concluded.

"VE Medic Shuttle THX-1138," a controller said, "you are clear to land at Nova City Landing Pad AA-23. Do you request anything, sir?"

"Yes, ask for an Aractech Z-74 military speeder bike and unlimited access to all computer terminals within the city. Tell them Jack Nebulax is back," Jack said.

(Guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep this part of the story to myself. It's just that I have something big planned and I don't want it all to go off-course. Thanks! )

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  995
November 28, 2004 9:37:20 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Couldn't post for two days because of immense family over here, and whenever I tried to get on my little brother was playing Runescape for several hours straight...)

Shazam was now tired and didn't really wish to do much more, he'd spent the last of his energy on the X-wings and turrets and wasn't quite sure what he had left to do.  As far as he knew, they had done thier job quite well and they'd only gotten hung up a couple of times.  Shazam decided he'd just go back to the Stardestroyer and be on his way.  Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a medical frigate, he turned his head to get a better look at it but it was gone.  Shazam pushed the throttle to full and headed straight to the Devestator. 

Upon reaching the ship, Shazam set the defender down quickly, checked in, then rushed to the bridge.  From the hanger to the bridge, it normally took about two minutes because of all the cutaways and turns you had to take, but Shazam made it take about a minute, so he was there in no time at all. 

Walking up a small staircase into an office entitled, "Emmisions and Transfers," Shazam went to the checkboard at the bottom of desk a small man with a navy uniform was sleeping at.  How they got these desk jobs was beyond Shazam, but he didn't think to much on it because he was searching to see if any medical frigates and taken off anywhere.  None.  The list didn't have a single one within the day.  Shazam was curious now... 

Normally, he would have all of his guys report in, but seeings as how they were probably sleeping or eating, Shazam didn't bother.  Instead, Shazam went back down to the hanger bay he had been at earlier, taking about a minute and a half this time, his pace just about a jog, and pondered on where his men were. 

Shazam reached the hanger bay and checked for latest personal flights in the flights office to see thier list.  Checking down the list, Shazam saw a medical frigate!  Piloted by Jack Nebulax?  What?  Where the heck was he going... 

Shazam didn't know about this, Jack was a big boy but never the less...  He shook his head and went to kitchen to grab some toast and then headed back to his cabin to get some rest...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  158
November 28, 2004 2:35:27 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack landed down on Aurora Prime in the docking bay that he had been directed to. Hundreds of humans from Aurora Prime gathered around the shuttle as he walked down into the crowd.

"Since when does everyone gather around a shuttle? They never do that," Jack asked the owner of the landing pad.

The man suddenly turned around. "Why you're Jack Nebulax!" he yelled. The crowd flooded over to Jack as he exited through a doorway.

"What the hell is going on? Last time I was here I was just a kid with a speeder bike and a blaster," he asked himself as he walked to where his house was. As he entered the house, he found it slightly different than before.

"Jake?" Jack asked his brother.

"Yep, since Mom and Dad died a year ago, I've been in charge of the family. Okay, just me and my girlfriend. Nice arm by the way."

"Thanks. Why is everybody following me around like nuts?" Jack asked.

"I was afraid you'd ask that. Ever since you left, you've been treated like a hero. The day you left and became part of the Vast Empire was the day you became a hero," Jake, Jack's brother, said. "They call you 'Lord' Jack Nebulax."

"Wait a minute," Jack began. "Have you been in touch with Dac Valdre?"

"Him? Hell no. He's a bounty hunter for one of the Hutts."

"That's it! I can't believe it. Dac was the guy on Thyferra. He captured me and gave me this arm. He wanted to be a hero around here. See you later, Jake. I got to go now."

"Wait a sec," he began, "there's a few things you should take. First, take this E-11. I don't need it anymore. Second, you should have your old camo suit. You might need it. And third, here's a few credits. In case you need anything."

"Thanks, Jake. Maybe I'll see you in a little bit."

"May the Force be with you" was all he said as Jack left for the shuttle.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  999
November 29, 2004 4:34:16 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Not sure where or what we're doing next, or if we're even supposed to leave at all, so...)

Shazam awoke to an awekward stillness, as if he'd already missed half of the day.  He hated the feeling that you got when you went to bed late at night and woke up late the next morning, he was missing out on something.  The thoughts always crept in anyways.

Walking over to his desk with a small holo screen behind it, Shazam stopped...  He paused, and a curious look came over his face, then he suddenly lifted his head high in the air, and,"AHHHHHHHHhhhhhh-CHUuuuuuuuuu..." 

Oh crap...  Shazam stood in silence, looking at the small mirror next to the holoscreen on the desk, and just stared.  Please don't tell me I'm sick, he said to himself.  Shazam dismissed the thought when a second sneeze suddenly erupted from his lungs and out of his nose and mouth.  Oh no. 

Shazam didn't bother to wait, he quickly dressed and made his way to the medics office to see what was up.  Shazam, being the type to fake his sickness rather than actually get sick was extremely upset and set out to make it all better.  On his way though, someone stopped him in the hall.  It was the mechanic from the hanger bay that had originally repaired the tie defender he'd been using.

"So, I noticed you kind of ran off without paying for those parts to repair the ship," he said, a cocky but upset and mildy tempered look upon his tan face.  The man had large dark bags under his eyes and short curly black hair and wore oil spotted overalls; he was the stereotypical mechanic.  Shazam swore under his breath. 

"Yea, I'll pay for it, there isn't any interest crap like that is there?" he said, he was barelly contious of the fact that he was sitting in the middle of the corridor with an imperial robe with a tie fighters all over it.  The man shook his head and motioned for him to follow him to the hanger bay. 

Shazam shook his head though,"I need to get a shot real quick, I swear I'll meet you down there, I'm sick with something and you know how these things are..."  Shazam started but the man quickly interupted him by sticking his hand in front of his face and rubbing his fingers together to motion 'money'. 

"When you don't pay me, I have to pay for this, and who knows when you guys will go parading off into no-where, I need that money now..."  Shazam hadn't known he had payed for it out of his own pocket, or he would have just snuck away.  Shazam lowered his head in defeat and followed the man to the hanger bay to get some things payed for...  Maybe I'll just buy the thing, he thought to himself, the fighter had been quite sharp, and Shazam couldn't help but enjoy that type of agility in a fighter.  Of course, he did have his own personal fighter, but the empire rarely allowed him to use that, maybe they'd be more lienient with this one...  The two of them headed down the corridor, and Shazam went sneezing all the way...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 29, 2004 4:35:51 PM)]
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1302
Total Posts:  2064
December 1, 2004 6:49:09 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip saw what this sneaky little mechanic was trying to do. "Now wait a sec, pal. Isn't that TIE naval property? I do believe that the navy pays for such things, not my friend here. If you really did use your personal spare parts, go bug a quartermaster or something."

The mechanic rumbled off, grumbling all the way. Chip turned to Shazam and held out a bottle. "Here. Crelenex cold/flu remedy. Keep the whole bottle, I bought way too much at last month's clearence sale."

Shazam thanked Chip, and Chip went on to the lounge to order up a buffalo chicken sandwich and some jalapeno-chili-cheese fries. Heh. Spicy food. Always awsome. Chip's father and uncle had once gone to chinese restraunts, simply for those little super-hot peppers. The two would sit across from each other with one glass of water between them, and slowly eat the peppers one at a time, until one of them would crack. Heh. Chip just wished he could find someone crazy enough to try the same thing, but noone seemed to have the guts to try. Sigh. Ah well. Maybe one day.

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"I read Street Slang for Dummies,
'Cause they put pop in my country,
I want more for my money, the way it was back when." -Tim McGraw
[This message has been edited by chipmunk man (edited December 1, 2004 6:50:35 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1013
December 1, 2004 7:35:44 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(I think I could take you up on that Chip)

Shazam had gone back to his cabin already, chugging the cough surup as he went, and also trying to think of what he would do while they were in wait for a breifing or new orders. 

Shazam had already gone back into his cabin and turned on the holo screen.  He got horrible reception out here, a few rogue channels here and there but mostly just static and buzz...  Shazam had a cold for the first time in a long time, and the last time he could rememer having one was during Crescent day in a small village on Trecentra.  It was really kind of an asteroid with controlled life on the inside, but a cool place none the less. 

Since his only living relatives were fugitives, Shazam rarely spoke of them in the VE for fear that some one would report it, most of the time people were cool about such things, but there were a few trying to make thier way up real quick by snitching on people about things that really didn't make a difference.

Trecentra, being a trade hideout was basically secret, but extremely luxurious at the same time.  Shazam could remember coming through a small crevace on the rotating point of the asteroid, and then making thier way into the little bay which was dark space rock.  Then they would be escorted to a center roadway leading in all different sections of the asteroids, but Shazam, his Uncle, and Icos were mostly inclined to stay at a little in on the farthest section away from bay.  Shazam had gotten sick every time because of some kind of fume that both his uncle and father had built an immunity to long ago. 

His uncle had come in late that night, but Shazam was still awake to hear his ragged drunken swearing, but he didn't mind because he was watching old holiday holo movies.  Yes, thats what he would do...

Shazam went over to the small closet in the corner of his room and slid open the door.  He leaned down and looked to his left to find a small port door with a red and green light.  Shazam popped open a panel on his right side with a number key and some other marks making up the security clearence to the safe.  Shazam stuck his head out of the closet door to look at his room's entrance, there was no-one there and the door automatically locked.  He looked around the rest of the room and saw no one and heard no one.

He put his head back into the closet and punched in a quick code, a small resounding beep went off making Shazam jump a little.  The door port slid pulled up and revealed a long hole leading behind the wall of his room; in the room opposite his and at the other corner of his room there were other safes imbedded into the walls.  Shazam had of course wired his a little differently, including an airship componet to make sure that anyone trying to break into his safe was confused immedietly. 

Looking into his safe, Shazam found a box full of holo tapes an pulled it out...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  166
December 2, 2004 7:22:43 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Meanwhile, Jack exited the safety of hyperspace as he started his approach to the Devastator. Once he was cleared, he docked the shuttle in the forward landing bay as he rushed off for the prison cell block.

Jack made it to the cell where he found the body of what once was his friend. "He drugged himself," a stormtrooper said. "We found him like this while you were gone."

"Well," Jack began, "try to find any information on him. His name's Dac Valdre. He was an old friend of mine."

"Yes, sir," came the reply as Jack left.

Once he was back in his quarters, Jack fiddled around with his mechanical arm. He opened a secret pannel in it and found a note. It read:

"Jack, if you're reading this, it means that I will probally not live much longer. The only reason I did this was because the Hutt I work for was threatening to kill my family. I'm sorry for all that I've done to harm you. Enclosed in a special holodisk. You are the only one allowed to see it. Do not let anyone else read it. May the Force be with you. - Dac Valdre"

Jack found the holodisk and inserted it into his R4 astromech unit. An image slowly became visible - the image of a planet. Then a code came up - M2741. After a few minutes, Jack realized what it all meant. It was a planet he had to go to. Quickly, he shut it off and told his R4 unit to follow him back to the docking bay.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1015
December 2, 2004 4:50:59 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The sound of Grin and Fresde' cheering that they managed to get back from the black forest awoke Shazam.  He had put in 'Crescent day in the Black Forest,' which was a child's film, but he didn't care.  He managed to keep wide-eyed for about twenty minutes, but then the cough-surup kicked in and there was instantaneous sleep; Shazam hadn't really thought about the dosage he was taking when he chugged the entire bottle of flu medicine.

During his slumber, he dreamed, more than once though, a couple of times atleast...  Shazam remembered being in a dark bar, a couple of golden lights being held to the ceiling by a thin rope, the splendor reminded him of time cruising in space.  The bar was completely packed and there were people lining the sides of the room and filling th corners.  Large holo-screens were playing silenty in the backround amoungst the talkitive crowd.  There were two people next to Shazam, one was a small but lovely young lady with red hair and blue eyes that showed a flicker of youth still bright.  On his left was Icos, his father, and he sat slouched back, holding one leg up with his two hands.  Together they were sitting at a small table in the corner of the room; the smoke was extremely thick and Shazam could remember tasting it. 

Shazam watched for a while but it quickly blurred out and he was in another dream, or atleast he thought it was a dream.  There were leaveless, but tall and lanky like decidious trees everywhere.  He was in a small clearing and a single moon could be seen quite clearly with some miniscule cloud cover canvasing the bottom portion.  In the clearing, a pond no more than fifteen feet long and ten feet wide was glistening and reflecting the light of the lunar night.  He was cold, and it was extremely dark out, there were no stars although it was a clear night, and the moon was simply pearing, shedding light on anything and everything.  Something warm but cold all at once ran through his body, he felt a shiver go through his back.  The caress of someone's hand against his skin was easially recognizable but it was different; something sinister could be felt, thick and scorching it filled his senses.  Then there was a grip, the hand that had merely been touching his arm was now squezing it and pulling hard.  A loud shriek rang out in the night and a women screaming erutped in his ears.  The sound, shrill at first slowly started to have a rythem and then a rhyme with the beat...  Slowly, but then quickly, musical instruments seemed to fade in then they were extremely loud....  Shazam opened up his eyes wearilly; he felt cold but his arms and legs were covered in sweat, and Shazam couldn't help but feel like it was late at night all of the sudden. 

Shazam got dressed again, he had stripped down to his imperial issue boxer shorts and a t-shirt while watching his childhood holo-shows and had opened a twelve pack of Bespin brand Macrow soda.  Shazam headed to the kitchen immedietly after his nap and found his way to a clock.  Six A.M. VE military time, read the clock.  Good, thought Shazam, and he headed into the kitchen he noticed he was no longer coughing or sneezing and his ear drums were not trembling like they had been.  Chip seemed to carry the weirdest things with him, but damn were they conviniet, Shazam thought as he grabbed a piece of toast...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Vice Admiral (VAD)
[VE-VEHC] Vice Admiral*

Post Number:  1310
Total Posts:  2517
December 16, 2004 8:19:07 AM    View the profile of Japheth 
(Backtracking some)

"Sir, the last of the starfighters is aboard," the young man at FlightOps reported.

"Excellent," Japheth strode towards the front of the bridge, clasping his hands behind his back. He stared outward towards the stars and issued an order, "Lay in a course for Moorja. We'll be regrouping with the rest of the fleet there."

"Course layed in," came a voice from the crew pit to his right. Japheth nodded. "Make the jump to lightspeed. I want to be notified an hour before we arrive."

He made for the exit of the bridge and then paused, mid-stride, "Let the pilots know they've done a good job. As long as they're ready for action when we arrive, they can be effectivly on leave until then." He made sure someone nodded an acknowledgement before he left.

((Finally wrapped up this section of Chapter 8. Feel free to do some character development stuff, anything fantastically independant I encourage you to do in a seperate post (Like Jack's). I do encourage some of you to try to do some collaberative writing though. Character development can be done quite well through interaction with your fellow pilots. Furthermore I appologize for mistakes and the lack of quality in this post, its 8:20am and I need to lay down :P)

-----------------------
Vice Admiral Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Templar
Naval Commander in Chief, Captain of the mSSD Atrus
Headmaster of the Dark Jedi Order Academy
-----------------------
NCC/VAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-1/Raptor 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][LSM][MC:1][KC:OC]
HM/KT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-3/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  968
December 16, 2004 4:58:04 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam was tired, but not too tired; so he went to the kitchen.  It was about time he had something to eat, he had been pretty well drained by his quick-flu and hadn't really had time to injest something other than cough-surup. 

The kitchen was located down the white corridor, then you took a left, went into a lift, went up two levels, walked out of the lift down a dark corroridor that was actually a big 'U' that brought you to the kitchen which was in the middle of that corridor.  This hall was long, white lights made everything else seem white then they normally were, Shazam's usual tan was gone and was replaced by a paler version. 

Shazam managed to walk all the way to the kitchen without being disturbed too greatly by the passerby, after all, he was just in his robe.  Now, he'd only been caught once when walking around the corridors of the great Imperial Ship's that he was in about 60% of his time, and that was only because someone didn't like the fact he had headphones on.  Sure, most would say, let him listen to his music, but a particular young lady always seemed to try and find ways to irritate him.  Getting him in trouble for walking the corridors in his pajama's was only one instance though.  There were others, like the time when she accused him of stealing spare parts from the hanger bay to sell to others, or the time that she ratted him out for ripping panneling from the walls and taking it to his room for other uses...  Then there was...

Oh well, Shazam couldn't help but be frustrated with the girl sometimes, but she was an extremely pretty one, and he normally balanced her out with that particular attribute.  Why are the pretty ones always so bad? 

Shazam was in the kitchen now, looking down the glass panelling of the serving station, then looking around to see who was all there.  In the corner, two young ladies were sipping Java and discussing some kind of gossip that they'd heard 'earlier', while a man in the table closest to the buffet line was falling asleep trying to read his datapad.  Shazam's eyebrow lifted for a moment, his tired eyes did not question the situation anymore and deemed the area 'safe'. 

"How are ya Lense?" he asked the man behind the glass.  Lense was an outer-rim man who had misteriously found himself in the imperial Navy.  He had been a pretty good pilot and was probably going to make his way up the ranks until a mission on his home planet forced himself to the ways of the cook.  He couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy, once he'd been assigned to be a cook he wasn't allowed to go back for six months, he had to choose that contract because it was the only one available.  More than once, the two of them had sat around watching sporting events on holo, normally after missions. 

"Well, I can't say too much...  There's been two firings in the last week though.  Freet and Stim got dismissed for mixing up the orders for the higher-ups."  Lense sighed and shrugged off the thought.

"Who's order did they mix up," Shazam asked with a slight grin.

"Who else would get them fired for it?  Now they're on laundry duty.  If they mess that up..."  He made a chilling movement. 

"What was Dartmeth doin here?  I thought he got sent out to some desert planet?  Someone got tired of him anyways..."

"No, he got sent to a moon but put in special request to get put back on board so he could get himself 'back into action'." He guestured the quote signs.  Shazam chuckled quietly and glanced over at the two young women in the corner.

"Well, I need something that'll fill me up, a big sandwich..." Shazam said without taking his eyes off the one with dark hair and eyes; man, they had some foxes on board.

"How about the Mate Estim?" Lense said, rubbing his two hands together and looking across his supplies.  Shazam nodded and Lense went to work.  The girl on the rightside had uncrossed her legs...

"Hello..." he heard a cold voice.  Shazam closed his eyes and let his head drop.

He breathed in deeply and said," Howdy, what can I do for you Ms. Coke?"  He had an edge on his tone though, and it seemed to light the flame in the cold. 

"You know my name is Coco..."  The women with tan skin, even in the white light, and deep eyes with her hair tied up in a bun behind her head, strode beside him and walked over to the counter.  "Could I have a Psix?"  Lense noticed her and acknoledged it with a nod. 

She had now turned her back toward Shazam and sat there, twisting in her military issue skirt.  Maybe it was the crap that Chip gave him or the food that Lense was making, but he was becoming especially attracted to the women in the lunch-room. 

Shazam silenty walked up behind her and got his head real close to her ear.  "Why do you hate me dear?" he whispered, but it was like a foghorn to her and she jumped...

"I'll have you arrested for sexual harassment!"  She hissed getting her composure back, and swinging around to face him. 

"For asking a question?" Shazam said, his eyes wide in amusement.  "I suppose you'll have me quarentined for coughing?"  He turned back to the counter to see Lense with his sandwhich.  "Could you get me a SunDrop?  Chip's been addicted to those things as long as I can remember, spose I'll try one."  Lense went to the fridge. 

"Just because I beat you at your own game at the academy doesn't mean that you have to harrasing me in the halls and being a nuesence to everyone." She snapped at him.

Shazam shook his head, "Whatever...  Just because you cheated on your exam doesn't mean you have to be a bitch..." Lense had just arrived and stopped in his tracks.  His eyes went straigth to the ground after handing Shazam his drink, which Shazam cracked open and chugged.  Coco was still sitting there in shock, her mouth agape and her hand clenched into a fist.  Her jaw came back up and she looked around in haste to see if anyone had heard. 

She wanted to say something but didn't know what.  Lense was back up with her sandwhich.  She managed to think of something!  "Arn't you goin to make him pay for that?"  Lense paused and slowly turned his head towards Shazam.  Shazam lowered his drink, which was actually kind of good but just a bit tangy, and smiled innocently.  She had won. 

"Uh...  Put it on my tab, Lense.  Good day my dear, I'm sure that your going to have one as long as I pay my dues, yes?"  He liked to mock her and did so without effort.  Shazam skipped to the door before she could say anything else. 

Chip was strolling down the hall as Shazam pulled out his headphones that he'd just discovered in his pocket, he was halfway surprised that she hadn't sayed anything about his wardrobe...  Chip made an elegant and sarcastic bow, and Shazam held out his palm in distate. 

"What are you up too?"  Chip said after dismissing his hand. 
"Oh, you know, the usual, scamming on women I didn't know were on board, I swear theres a million of them," he paused for a moment thinking of another..."Oh, and getting in trouble for useless junk...  My arch nemisis is in the cafeteria, watch yourself, you might turn to stone if you get one her stares..." 

Chip yawned and patted him on the shoulder,"Will do, don't choke on that sandwich air-rocking..."  Shazam courtseyed and walked back to his room.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1101
December 17, 2004 1:32:29 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip chuckled. How he did love SunDrop. It was a citrus soda in a green can with yellow bubbles. Tasted kinda like Mountain Dew, but better. Hard to describe, though. More lemony? Maybe. Ah well. If "lemony" was even a word, heh.

He sighed. It had been a while since he'd had a good conversation with a girl. He liked talking to girls. Heh. God's greatest gift to mankind. He especially enjoyed teaching them to waltz. He could do both closed position (the kind most people thought of, with the two holding each other) and open, where the couple stood side be side and held hands around chest high. Open was more fun, as there were more moves you could do, giving it more variation. Not many people knew about it though, so Chip got to teach.

Sarah had liked closed better, though. She hadn't liked trying to follow. Victorian waltzing left the discretion entirely up to the gentleman, which meant that the girls had to try and figure out what the guy was going to do next. Chip would give quite verbal warnings to help her out. The good part for the girls was that no matter what went wrong, it was always the gentleman's fault. Didn't matter if the girl tripped over her own feet out, it was still the guy's fault.

Chip had never been able to do modern dancing. He just couldn't "go with the flow," he had to have a set pattern. He had tried to follow some of the things that Sarah tried to teach him, but he just couldn't quite get it. He could do Victorian, and even gave lessons in it, but modern was simply beyond him.

He stepped into the cafeteria, and saw the girl Shazam must have been talking to. Hmm, heck of a tan. He sat down two seats away and ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich, with the spiciest wing sauce they had. Yeah, that "9-1-1" sauce, good stuff. Heh, good for the air passages. He sat and ate. Hmph. Had to start a Victorian ball sometime. Well, they had some leave time. Probably wouldn't be many people onboard interested, but he might try anyway...

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

"They make the weather, then they stand in the rain and say "s**t, it's rainin'!" -Ruby Tues in Cold Mountain
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  975
December 19, 2004 9:04:07 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Your a classical man, arn't ya Chip, lol.)

Shazam had now been given his full amount of sleep needed, the sandwhich had put him right back into a state of uncounciousness...  Shazam often had weird dreams when he went to sleep in a random order, it was better to be consecutive.  Plus, he always woke up, kind of sweaty because he wasn't actually really really tired, just needed a little extra rest.  In his latest dream, Coco, the woman who had been in a slightly more agitated mood around him, was in a bath robe and was...  No!  Cuddling with Shazam?  Proposterous...  However, they seemed to be celebrating something...  It was pleasent...  Disgusted as he was when in his senses, Shazam could not help but feel really good...

Oh yes...  It was the holidays.  Of course, you could travel to different planets and they all had different holidays and customs, but Shazam was really only aware of a couple.  Each of them in a different corner than the other, but all with semi good memories, and lots of time off, but ended quickly. 

"Hey, wake up man, good lord, it wasn't he medicine was it?"  Chip was now at his side, shaking his shoulder.  Of course, Shazam had been awake since he first touched his shoulder, but he was pretty slow to react.  There could be a sonic boom outside the window, and Shazam wouldn't move even a little, you could bring symbols into his room and repeatedly crash them into eachother right next to his head, and he would not rouse, but if you barelly touched him...  He would be on you before you knew what happened.  This what good and bad.  More than once someone had nearly lit something on fire and he had been asleep, or a tree had come down on where he was living and the wiring nearly killed him...  Good memories...  Everything was a bit blurry, but Shazam could make out the figure of a Navy pilot at his bed through the slits of his eyes. 

"Whadya' want?"  Shazam was not sitting up right and Chip was scratching his back with what looked to data pad. 

"You've been asleep for hours, figured I should make sure your still alive or if you were a corpse...  Anyways, I had this idea for a dance, ortr something like..."  Shazam had already put his hand up to stop him. 

"What?  A dance?  With the litte women we have aboard, reguardless of what you think, I won't dance with a guy Chip."  Chip was shaking his head.  Shazam went to his guitar...

(Lets play with this idea...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman (LCRW)

Post Number:  405
December 19, 2004 10:42:41 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Before long, many people on the Devastator were talking about this dance thingy that Chip came up with. Some agreed that they needed something like that, but there were also others that thought it was a stupid idea. Will, however thought it was briliant idea. He hasn't been in the navy long, and barely knew anyone, even his squad mates, since he hasn't fought in any battle with them yet. Heck, he didn't even know that there were women on the ship.

-----------------------
We are still here because we conquereed our enemies, and we will do it again!
-(=A=)-
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  1113
December 21, 2004 8:53:52 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip chuckled to himself. He'd been joking about the dance idea, and now he had about thirty people signed up. It was three hours till the thing started, and Chip was walking around making sure that everything was in place. They'd gotten a room about 20 yards by 30 yards, which should be more than enough space. The walls were a dull yellow, with some holiday and patriotic decorations scattered about. The two long walls had tables and folding chairs, and one short wall had a long time of refreshments, veggies, fruits, and cookies. Hmm, the punch was good. Someone had had the good idea of putting fruit into it.

Along the last wall was the band. Four people, with a hammer dulcimer, banjo, mandolin, and fiddle. They were pretty good folks, called themselves Gilmore's Light Ensemble, and they'd been at several events that Chip had attended back home. He'd been fairly well shocked and pleased to find them on board. Chip had put together soem pamphlets for people, listing the dances in order along.

Grand March

Soldier's Joy

Virginia Reel

Intermission

Spanish Waltz

Snowball Reel

Intermission

Oslow Waltz

Nine Pins

Farewell Waltz

After the dances was some basic info on Victorian dancing. Chip had gotten the info from some of his friends in the Victorian Dance Ensemble.

Dancing was enjoyed by almost everyone during the Victorian Era - young and old, rich and poor, urban and rural, North and South. Unlike modern dancing that is couple oriented, dancing in the mid-Victorian era was much more "social." Almost all dances were done in formations of circles, squares or lines, with couples interacting with other couples. It was considered ill-mannered to dance with the same partner all evening. Everyone at a ball had a social duty to mingle and to ensure that everyone else had a pleasant time.

Dancing in the mid-nineteenth century was very different from dancing today. Back then, there was no separation of types of dances into various categories. They did not have events, as we do today, that are solely for ball room, polka, rock and roll or square dancing. A typical ball would feature both traditional dances and currently popular dances. Additionally, almost all dances of the period were "social dances" that required a group of dancers to interact with each other in various formations. Dances of the period were intricate patterns of movements that, to a certain degree, reflect Victorian notions of cooperation and their fascination with clockwork machinery.

Dancing was not seen as a couple oriented activity, where a man and woman "did their own thing" on the dance floor, oblivious to everyone else. During the mid-1800's, a typical ball with two dozen dances might have one to four dances that were couples' dances. It was not until the later part of the century that couples' dances became associated with the sophisticated urban ball room and group dances were relegated to quaint country barns. Although dancing was part of the courtship ritual, it was not just an activity for those "in love." Dancing and mixing with people was seen as a social duty. That is why it was not proper to dance with the same person too often. In fact, if the company were large enough, it would have been considered ill-mannered to dance more than once with the same person.

Although there were strict rules of behavior, they tended to add an agreeable degree of formality and decorum that has been lost in today's world.

Last was some ballroom ettiquite. The VDE had taken their info directly from ettiquite guide-books from the time period. Of course, Chip wasn't expecting anyone to really follow this, but he thought they might find the info interesting.

Never forget that ladies are to be first cared for, to have the best seats, the places of distinction and are entitled in all cases to your courteous protection.

If you accompany your wife to a dancing party, be careful not to dance with her, except perhaps for the first set.

Be very careful how you refuse to dance with a gentleman. A prior engagement will, of course, excuse you but if you plead fatigue, do not dance the set with another.

Dance quietly, do not kick and caper about, nor sway your body to and fro, dance only from the hips downwards.

Lead a lady as lightly as you would tread a measure with a spirit of gossamer [wine].

The fall of a couple is not a frequent occurrence in a ball room, but when it does happen it is almost always the man's fault. Girls take much more naturally to the graceful movements of the dance, and are, besides, more often taught in childhood than their brothers.

Never remain in a ball room until all of the company have left, or even until the last set. It is ill-bred and looks as if you are unaccustomed to such pleasures and so desirous to prolong each one. Leave while there are two or three sets to be danced.

It is best to carry two pairs of gloves, as in contact with dark dresses, or in handling refreshments, you may soil a pair and thus will be under the necessity of offering your hand covered in a soiled glove to some partner. You can slip unperceived from the room, change to a fresh pair and then avoid that mortification.

His pamphlets finished and the VDE properly credited, Chip paced the room. He had the lights dimmed some, so as to give the illusion of candlelight. There, much better. He made sure his microphone was working. As probably the only person who knew the dances, Chip would be the dance master. This meant that he would explain, demonstrate, and call the dances. He might be able to squeeze himself into one or two of the dances after they started. The farewell waltz would be the easiest to get into, it was the only couples' dance that they would be doing that night. Well.

He wasn't expecting anyone else in period dress, except for the band, but he had put on his Union private's uniform. It was a navy-blue wool coat and sky-blue wool trousers. Around the bottom of his ribs was a black leather belt, about two inches wide, with the brass "US" buckle on the front. The troops back then had worn their belts around the chest as opposed to the waist, it kept the equipment easier to reach. Pinned to his left breast was his corps badge, a small, red maltese cross. These were used to identify units. He wore a pair of modern penny loafers, though, as his leather "brogans" had absolutley no traction whatsoever, and Chip didn't feel like falling all over the place on this smooth, wooden floor. Besides, the loafers were small and light, with just the right amount of slide. Made them perfect for this sort of thing.

Glasses wiped, hair swept to the side, and beard trimmed, he waited to see if any of his guests would actually arrive...

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

"They make the weather, then they stand in the rain and say "s**t, it's rainin'!" -Ruby Tues in Cold Mountain
[This message has been edited by chipmunk man (edited December 24, 2004 4:56:29 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  982
December 22, 2004 11:27:23 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(This is going to be interesting...)

Shazam decided that he wouldn't leave Chip hanging and that he'd best go this Victorian dance.  He'd been to a couple of dances when he flew around with his Uncle, well, more like clubs, and that was really all he'd been exposed to, however, he had bothered to read Chip's little panthletes.  He couldn't help but laugh when he saw the 'Never Dance With Someone More Than Twice' rule.  Yea, this was going to be different, but he was pretty sure it would be fun as well as intriguing, Chip's sense of history was astounding and Shazam often had trouble seeing the pleasures of the past.  This had to be one of them...  Shazam shrugged off the thought and went to the panel in the right side of his room.  Pushing the small white button, barelly noticable on the unstained and polished white walls, the door flung open to his closet.  On the lower left hand corner was his safe and the opposite wall with the key pad, but he wouldn't need to be getting into there. 

Hmm...  Shazam had read about the gloves and pulled his cloths that had been hanging on a long steel bar inside the closet, all the way to the left.  In the far right corner was his imperial Navy uniform that he had worn on graduation from the academy.  The absence of a long patch of collected signs and ribbons, resembling that of an insigna from a famous Ship company, Shazam's hatred burned once more for a particular female.  Seeing as how this was a formal dance though, Shazam pulled the costume from its hook, it was in thin plastic wrapping, the gloves were seperately held in their destined pockets, just like he had left them a couple of years ago.   

The plastic wrap had held out any airbourne pollutions and kept it from getting dusty and smelling of senier citizens, in fact, it still smelled of the collogne he'd been wearing that day at graduation.  His Uncle had been there, his father killed only days before, which lead up to his sudden lack of activity at the academy in the last moments, and it had also cost him his certificate which was instead awarded to...  That coniving...  Shazam bit his lip, shook his head and removed the suit from it's covering.  Shazam set it out on the bed and went to go take a shower real quick, he hadn't taken a shower in a bout a day and a half...  Trying to make up for the absence of a shower, Shazam had been layering de-oderants and colognes all over himself in an attempt to disguise the smell that would surmise if he hadn't... 

Shazam was feeling more refreshed now and felt he was ready to go to this dance.  He glanced over at the little digital clock at the side of the bed as he linked his cuffs, he had two about twenty some minutes.  He nodded to himself, he now stood more imposing than ever in his imperial uniform, he could feel his own pride burning hazardly within himself; maybe he should wear it more often.  Shazam headed to the door and looked at his room once more before leaving, trying to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything.  Out of the corner of his eye though, he noticed a long shappely black case, his guitar...  He wondered.  This might be older music, but Shazam had the extreme ability to about anything, and more than likely he'd heard this stuff before.  The electric he'd gotten long ago was in his safe, but he always kept the acoustic out in the open, maybe for atmosphere he thought.  Either way, Chip probably wouldn't mind too much if he decided to play along with band... 

Grabbing the guitar, Shazam rushed to designated area, the hour becoming slimmer and slimmer he was moving pretty fast for carrying his acoustic.  He arrived in a grand yellow room with smooth stained wooden floors, such a place in a Star-Destroyer was amusing to him, you would think the white shiny walls and durasteel doors everywhere would kind of clash, but the two of them, abstract as they were, seemed to be on about the same level.  This room seemed older than the rest, more elegant and more homy...  Shazam could respect that.  Chip was on stage with some pretty high pants and a nervous but smug look on his face.  Shazam, taking advantage of his discomfort strode up to him and said,"So when's everyone coming."

Chip cocked his head sideways,"Dunno.  I've got more than enough people signed up though.  Its pretty early anyways," he said.  Shazam went along with it and nodded his head. 

Another voice came from the entryway, "Whoa...  This is awesome dude!"  Will seemed to be ecstatic about the yellow walls, in fact, he was rubbing up against them to feel them.  White walls does that to some people, Shazam thought to himself. 

"Anyways, I brought my guitar with me just in case.  Or actually, I was kind of thinking I could play with them up there a little."  Chip kind of held his breath for a second, then exhaled slowly. 

"Yea, I don't think it would be a problem, these guys are pretty cool, but don't go into any rock solos or nothing.  There are solos but they are a lot more...  Uh..."

Shazam finished his sentance for him," Blue-Grass.  Folk-like?  Yea, I wouldn't worry about that, you have to respect someone who can play a banjo, not at easy as it looks...  I think I'll get some punch and wait for the ladies to arrive..."  Shazam lifted his eyebrows in a playful smile, and headed off to the punch bowl.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  435
December 23, 2004 12:45:46 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will is and has always been a shy and quiet guy. He rarely go to parties and dances, and hardly ever gone out with anyone. The only times when he did go to parties was when he felt that he needed it, for whatever reason. The same feeling went through him like an electrical charge, telling him that he needed this rare chance to acutally meet some people. Now that he's in the Navy, he knows that this kind of stuff would only come once or twice a year. So he decided that he would actually go to Chip's dance. So, he took a quick shower and went to his closet, trying to figure out what he was going to wear. Something formal, yet different from others. He'd been different from other for as long he could remember, not just uniqe. He was always ahead of others in school, always wore different cloth than others; never played any sports or music instruments. He wanted to be like others, to fit in, but his parents always seemed to hold him back. But not anymore, now he's free and can do anything he likes, well almost, as long as it doesn't get him in trouble.

He went past his Naval uniform, but decided not to wear it, since he heard that both Chip and Shazam are wearing their's. He came upon a neatly wraped box, with a label on the top that said: From Dad, To Willtconq. The wraping was worn and torn in many places, but it has never been replaced. This box had been a family heirloom given by the father to oldest son on the son's twentieth birthday. This box had been passed for over 10 generations, it was first given in the renaissance times, what it contained was also of that time period, a very old piece of costume that his accestor wore when the felt like, it have been carefully washed everytime after it was passed on with toothbrush, to make sure that the gold strips doesnt fall off, if it does, the washer always made sure to redraw the gold line with a special kind of paint that was 75% pure gold from a small bottle that was also in the box.

Will carefully removed the costume from the box, and examined the heavy piece of cloth. Its old, very old, yet it's almost new. none of the gold seemed to have fell off while it was in the box. the material was made of silk, half dyed red, layers of silk, to make it not so thin and see-through, but overall, most of the weight was from the gold trims. The costume was a robe wore by the nobles, red and white silk with gold trimmings. Something that you dont see anymore, as if its out of a fantacy, or history book. This should be interesting enough, Will thought, he probebly would be the only one who is going to wear something that is not dark colored. He got dressed into the robe, taking as much time as he needed, afterall, it was still very early, He tried to make himself look as much like it was supposed to look like, tried to make everything fit, until he was happy with what he was looking at in front of his mirror. Then decided to go and check out the place where he's going to be for most of rest of the night.

The minute he walked into the room, he froze. He hadn't seen one of these room for like ages. All he had seen for the past few years was almost everything metal. Nothing were still made of wood. he didn't even know that such material can still be found, espcially on an ISD. No one uses crystal candiliers in ball rooms anymore. Not to mention the carved wooden tables and chairs made with real, solid red wood, one of the most expensive wood. How did Chip find all this?

He went over to touch the walls, to feel what walls used to feel like back then. "Whao... This is awsome dude!" He said it without even knowing that he did, and contined to feel the texture of the wall, the uniqe designs.

Two heads turned at the sound of a new voice, the only two heads in the room, Chip and Shazam, but they quickly went back to their own conversation, something about Shazam playing some songs. But Will didn't hear much, for he had went over to the tables to check out everthing on and below the tables, of course he was careful not to damage his costume. the table legs had beautiful carvings of many different objects and people, like wooden statues lifting the tabletop. and samething with the matching chairs. He helped himself to a cup of fruit punch, hmmm, delicious.

Soon, Shazam joined him at the table, "How's it going?"

"Well, this fruit punch thing tastes very good, better than most."

"Nice costume. Where did you buy that?" Shazam asked as he helped himself to a cup of fruit punch also.

"I didn't buy it. It is a family heirloom passed over hundreds of years through my family. THought i wear it for this kind of special occasion. Hope I wouldn't attract too much attention."

"I'm not so sure about that, I would expect most people to wear either their uniform or a tux. Not that your's bad, it's just, different, different from others. You'll probably attract more attention than the band, especially with the red colors and gold trims."

Blood rushed to Will's face as he imagined people all staring at him, looking at him as if he's an outcast... He quickly brushed the thought away, he had lived through all the times when he was embarassed, Why not now. He's dad had never come back home with an embarassed face when he wore this costume, why should he, Will, be embbarased? Besides, it's too late to change to something else, since both Chip and Shazam had seen him in this costume. So he decided to stick around and talk with his friends while no one else is still here.

-----------------------
-(=A=)-
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1005
December 23, 2004 10:18:20 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Slowly, but surely, people began to arrive, and Chip's anxiety became less and less.  Soon, he was as cheerful a mood as ever, claiming he never had a doubt, he was now talking charismatically to a young women in blue.  Before long the band would start their music, hoping everyone knew how to dance to it, although that really couldn't be assured through a panthlette. 

Shazam had been sitting at the punch bowl for about fifteen minutes and he'd had about one-forth of the pink liquid.  Will had been surveying the area for as long as he could remember and there seemed to be a few new faces, those that he had heard of and only now could be matched to thier identities.  A tall man with white shoes in a tux was Gevre' Temsel, the man who saved fourteen people from an explosion in the hanger bay last year, nearly got himself killed.  Seeing him now almost shocked Shazam though, kind of lanky to be a hero, but then again, hero's do tend to come out of no where, no matter what the cause...

A young women, dark hair, big dark eyes, and dark skin made her appearence in the doorway, a couple of people held thier breath for a moment, not that there was no one else stunning as this woman, but the mere ability to catch the eye of the crowd was the idea behind this trick.  Shazam's draw dropped.  He'd never actually seen Coco with her hair down, and it looked alot better than it did when it was up, that was for sure.  The only thing that had really killed her though, was the lack of a smile on her face, she seemed to have a permenant grimace on her face, as if everything was wrong and she didn't know why she was there. 

Shazam would not bother to go over to welcome the young girl though, for too long there had been a quiet rivalry going on between them and it would take away from Shazam's side to be curtious for even a moment, so he would be rotten.  It was almost a game, but he couldn't say he liked playing it, for some amount of time now he'd actually been trying to find ways to cheat.  A good comment here, there, a bad comment to make up for the good ones...  Of course, he never received anything back for whatever he said nice about her, they were always returned with a snoot and some kind of threat...  Maybe he could do nothing. 

During his procession of thoughts, Chip had looked down at his watch and had struck up the band.  The "Grand March"...  Excellent, the band sounded a bit strange, but glorious all the while, still playing thier early southern insturments.  Chip had a grin from ear to ear as everyone got in a line and started to do a march, of course, it was really not the way to do it, or was it?  Shazam could not tell, because Chip had the same expression on his face the entire time while Will seemed to be having a hard time getting on beat for the music, tripping over something on his costume, but then recovering quickly.  He would have fun, he thought to himself. 

He did not realize though, that he was only watching, he was supposed to be dancing, something that hadn't apparently crossed his mind at the moment.  That did occur from time to time, things would roll like a holo-film and Shazam would just watch for the pleasure of looking, but often forget he was supposed to be doing it too...  Training Exercises, test, trying to lift up the couch into someone's appartment...  Yea, there had been more than one occurence.  Oh well, he would wait until the next one.

The dance was quite elegant although it was just marching, the band was playing everything perfectly, pure musicians, Shazam could respect that.  Tapping her foot to the beat about seven feet from him in the corner was Coco, swaying to the beat of the March, she seemed content with holding herself back from the social event as he did.  The two of them, they were so different as they claimed to be, they seemed to use thier intelligence and wit against eachother at every possible second.  Shazam forgot her mostly though, as she probably did him when doing thier jobs, flying missions...  He felt a bit of unease for a moment...  He remembered back to the panthlete,"It was rude to dance with anyone more than once..."  There about about thirty people, they would most certainly dance with everyone, including Coco if she so decided...  Atleast he would only have to once...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1125
December 23, 2004 10:01:00 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip chuckled again. He hadn't expected anyone to actually follow the ettiquite in his little pamphlet. More than likely people would be shy and nervous, and normally tended to find one person, even a stranger, and dance the whole night together. Not so much for a romace thing, but out of nervousness at asking others to dance.

He checked his pocket watch. Well, it was about time. He walked over to the band and picked up his microphone. "Well folks, it's about time. If you would all like to get partners and form a line behind me, we'll get started." Chip stood infront of the band as the line formed, one couple behind another, the guy standing to the lady's left. The gentlemen were instructed on how to lead the ladies, with the guy's right hand held out at around shoulder hieght and the girls placing their left hands overtop.

The band played "Father Abraham," a patriotic tune with a steady beat to it that made you want to start marching. Chip walked ahead of the first couple, leading them until everyone was walking in a circle. He lead them back into the original straight line again, and took the first lady's hand. He led the first couple this way, weaving in and out between the couples lined up. The second couple took the first couples' hands, then the ones behind them, and so on, until everyone was holding hands and it looked like one long snake weaving about the room. They started walking in a circle again, but holding hands single file, and Chip started to pull the circle closer into a spiral. When things started closing in, he turned around and lead them back through the lines of the spiral again.

Yeah, it got a bit confusing after a while. But everyone was laughing, and they continued spiraling and weaving about the room until the band finished. "Well folks, that's the Grand March. Just a sort of introductory thing that was used to kick-off the rest of the ball. Since that was a bit short, you might as well stay with the partners you have now. I'm gonna start you guys off with a nice easy one, Soldier's Joy. If everyone can get in a big circle with your partners, I need one couple here facing another couple across from them. With their backs to the first couple is another set of a couple facing another couple, and so on around the room."

Chip stepped into the middle of the circle. "Alright, each pair of couples is called a 'set.' Here, if this set could step into the middle, I'm gonna borrow you guys as demonstration models." He smiled at their looks of embarassment. "Alright, the dance starts with everyone going 'forward and back.' So you're going to take your partner's hand..." The demo set did so. "...And each person is going to take four steps forward, nod to the person opposite from you, and four steps back. Awsome. 'Kay, now you're going to take both of your opposite's hands, like this..." Chip took the place of the one guy, reached across and held the opposite girl's hands. "...And turn your opposite clockwise." The other couple copied along with Chip and the girl.

"Good. Right, now you turn and face your partner. The next step is called 'balance.' [OOC: pronounced bAl-on-sA] You face your partner, take four steps forward, and wind up touching right shoulders with each other. On the fourth step, you do a sort of flirty tilt backwards, then four steps back. Now two-hand turn your partner. Perfect."

"'Kay, getting complicated for a moment. This is called a 'ladies chain.' The two girls are going to take right hands with each other, walk forward and past each other, and give their left hands to the opposite guy. The guy is going to put his right hand on the small of the lady's back, and turn her around until she is standing next to him on his right. Then repeat so that everyone moves back to their original position." Chip guided them through it, and it worked out fine. "Sweet. Almost done. Now just forward and back again, like the first move, then you're going to go 'forward and through.' You drop your partner's hand, and step to the left and walk past your opposite." Chip and his demonstration partner wer now standing with their backs to the couple that had been infront of them.

"Now, if we were back in the circle and not here in the middle demonstrating, we would now be facing a new couple. You just repeat all those moves again, and at the end face yet another couple. And the moves repeat again, and so on and so on. So after a while you start to memorize things. And because the sets keep changing you get to meet all sorts of different people." The demo set moved back to their places in the circle. "Any questions before we start?"

He looked around. Most people were in formal dress uniforms. There were some civilians in the room as well. He had been extremely lucky to find a room that wasn't pasty white. How this room had been painted the dull yellow was a wonderful glich in the normal grind. Probably the fault of some disgruntled grease monkey or janitor, whose prank hadn't been removed yet. The tables and chairs were standard fold out jobs, robbed from the cafeterias around the ship, and dressed up with white tablecloths. Shazam was sitting at one table watching that certain girl again. He had some interesting looks on his face, alternating between amusment at the girl's well-formed body, and disgust at her personality. Hmm, an interesting situation...

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

[This message has been edited by chipmunk man (edited December 23, 2004 10:04:20 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1015
December 24, 2004 12:14:27 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(It's abit late, so hopefully I'm not rambling on too badly.  This shoudl tie what I had started together but make it so I don't have to post for the time being due to traveling stipulations...)

Shazam, both paranoid and fascinated by the girl, didn't really pay much attention to the dance, and he also didn't pay much attention to his guitar which had been laying innocently at the side of the stage.  Between the time Shazam first started his game with the girl who would occasionally look over him, and the time that Chip begun to teach everyone how to do the next dance, someone had silently and decisevly chosen a plan of action.  It was quick, hostile maybe, but after the moment had passed, the instrument was gone.

Now, Shazam still engaged in a highspeed game of,"She's looking at me," didn't see the sneaky figure who had stealthfully taken his guitar, but reguardless of the Coco, or any other distraction, the guitar was bound to him...  An object which, no matter what force or act of god, would prevent him from keeping an eye on it.  Of course, it wasn't his baby, his polished navy blue in his safe, but a family heirloom none less...  Two generations, but as sacred as Will's costume had to have been... 

After about twnety seconds of the game, Shazam noticed something that wasn't beeing noticed...  Not quite sure what was different for a moment, the imperial pilot, dressed in his full uniform, surveyed the area. The punch was still pink, unspiked as he had hoped until halfway through the dance; Coco was still elgent but harsh; Chip was still instructing; the band was still holding thier...  Shazam snapped... 

Within about two seconds time, Shazam had instinctivly looked towards the only exit, estimated how much time the captor had to steal his instrument, how far he could be at walking pace and about how quickly Shazam would beat him down...  Chip had noticed the sudden sharpness to Shazam's features after he had struck up the band and the dance had begun.  Shazam's hand had rolled into a fist and his eyes were now beaming into the ground, his mind a furious work of gears. 

"Hey, what's goin on man?" Chip's semi-concerned voice split into his mind.  Shazam glared up, an anger rushing through his veins...

"It's gone."  This triggered his first move; before Chip could ask'What', Shazam was at the door, looking down the halls, four seperate exits that could have been taken.  The one heading away from the ballroom, straight out, led to the elevator which went directly to the flight deck, he wouldn't take an instrument there...  To his direct right led to the cafeteria, it was a dead end.  To the south side was a refresher and some vending machines...  Shazam doubted that the thief would stop to grab a drink before escaping, so that left him with only one choice.

The elevator was currently in use, the lights above it showed it lowing three floors, the storage level...  Shazam waited impatiently for the elevator to come to a stop and called it back up.  The metallic white doors swished open and he bolted in, entering the floor number with lightning fast reflexes... 

Lights were bighter than usual, probably because it was supposed to be night on the last planet he had been on, so naturally things seemed to go that way.  Shazam didn't think on it though and lunged out of the elevator as soon as it stopped and headed right for the holding compartments. 

Reaching a desk with a single officer and a holo screen next to a dark door in the white office, Shazam looked around as fervently as he had realizing the guitar was gone.  Nothing...  He couldn't had made a mistake.  He must have already put it in, he'd had about twenty seconds ahead of him...

"I need to know what the last entry into the a compartment was," Shazam sighed to the man revolving around a centerpiece in his desk area.  He lifted an eyebrow and then stood up. 

"It was a black case.  Probably a..."  Shazam had already cut him off..

"Yea, a guitar.  I need it now.  It's mine, and it was just taken from me."  A wave of releif flooded Shazam, he would have been very upset if someone had managed to get away with it.  Maybe he could still come to the dance, after he had safly nestled the guitar into the oblong safe secured in his room's east wall.

"Here you go, I really shouldn't just give this to you, but the last guy looked like he was kind of in a rush so..."  He handed the dark case over the counter which Shazam ripped open to make sure his Applause was okay.  At the mention of seeing someone though, Shazam was curious. 

He lifted his head form inspecting the case for a moment and then asked," Did you recognize them?  I'd like to know who it is, so I can report them..."  Shazam said sweetly, and edge of bitterness ended his last word though.  An adventure had occured so quickly out of so little time, Shazam could barelly catch his breath, Chip was probably thinking he was a mad-man, and Coco had probably decided to dance with someone.  Shazam couldn't help but think of the girl, maybe she could be good one of these days...

"Never seen the guy before, looked pretty pale though, my guess is a gunnery man or somethin...  They don't really see the light of day very often.  Neither of I of course, but I also get no sleep, check out these bags..."  He pulled his eyelids all over the place, making his lower eyelids droop in an exagerated formation of what they normally looked like.  "Gunnery men just sleep...  This kid didn't have a bit of tiredness in him, not such a seasoned athlete though...  He was panting like a damned animal about a minute ago..." Shazam nodded to the man and took off for his room.

After feeling the insrument was once again secure, Shazam made sure to lock his door and set his homemade door alarm.  He wouldn't know if it went off of course, but it might scare away those who tried to execute theft in his makeshift home... 

Shazam was a bit questioning of the situation; he had been at the ball, ran out of the room, sprinted down to the holding center because it seemed like the most logical place to go if he were a kleptomaniac, and then recovered his acoustic...  It all seemed a bit easy.  Petty theft. Shazam was lucky he wasnt too far behind though, because hinding something on an ISD can make things pretty difficult for you to find... 

His thoughts now collected in his head of the last ten minutes, Shazam felt tired, as if he were way past his bed time; he would return to the dance none the less.

The yellow walls were the same as they had been when he left, everyone seemed to be a bit more relaxed about what they were doing on the dance floor, Chip had a huge grin on his face while he skidded around all over the place, being the good host he wanted to be...  Shazam went to the punch bowl, getting a large glass full, and going on ahead and sitting in one of the chairs Chip had managed to get fromt he cafeteria.  Taking a sip, Shazam returned his gaze to where his female nemisis had been sitting.  But she was gone.  Shazam paused for a moment, his lips just touching the rim of the cheap glass, but then Shazam returned his eyes to where they were supposed to be and tried to be interested in the waltzing that had taken the small group by storm all the sudden. 

Finishing up the pink punch reminded Shazam that he hadn't used the bathroom in some time and his kidneys would burst if he ignored it any longer.  He stood up in his imperial outfit and headed towards the door once again, vowing to dance once he retured. 

Stepping outside the yellow room once again, Shazam started to turn to the refresher when he heard a women's voice hissing at someone...

"I thought you wanted me to take it," A man's agitated voice suddenly erupted over the young girls.  Shazam had now stopped and made a 'U' turn, peaking his head around the corner to see what the little melee was about.

"I didn't want you to take it, I just mentioned it is all.  My god, you have to take everything so seriously, like everything is a subliminal message..."  Shazam chuckled at this thought, but was quickly engaged in a more daring mode when he saw who it was. 

Coca was staring into the eyes of a menacing looking man, blue eyes and brown hair, he was wearing some kind of dark outfit, a tux maybe? 

"I just wanted to help you out, Co..."  But he didn't have time to finish because the ardent hand of the girl suddenly flew up with the anger of nothing he had seen before.  Her eyes were staring wickedly at the now immasculated man, some skin on his ride side reverberating to the sound of the slap that echoed down the halls...  Instead of just taking it and walking away though, the man suddenly grabbed her arms on both sides and clenched them to her body.

"If you won't be mine, I'll make you mind...' he heard a muffled screem as the man pulled aggressivly at her to bring her lips to his own.  Shazam's pure puzzlement at the situation was stammering, but he decided to step in against the man.  The situation was almost corner, but he felt an anger rising up inside of him at the sight of someone trying to take conrol of this 'Coco'. 

Striding up to the man, he had his eyes closed while trying to foce the women on him, Shazam pulled his arm back to full throttle and let it go, a quick spurt of energy that was released from the full of his body...  The punch landed solidly on he mans face, taking him completely off his feet, and letting him fly for an astounding amount of time for one his punches... 

The girl next to him turned to him in complete surpise and her eyes were no longer filled with fire, but with an odd compasion; Shazam was still staring after the man who was laying flat on the ground, out cold.  Shazam pretty sure that he wouldn't be attacked from behind relaxed and shook out his fist.

Coco had stopped looking at him and grabbed his hand, it was bleeding; he must have hit one of the guys teeth.  Whatever it was, the thing started to gush pretty good. 

"Oh my, your hurt," she said in quite possibly he girliest girl voice Shazam had ever heard, what actually surpised him was the emphatic noise she made after words...  "Ohhh, are you ganna be okay...  Come with me, I've got a first aid kit."  Shazam wasn't even feeling the pain, but he decided to roll with it...

(Hokay... Won't be able to post for about three days, so hopefully this will do the job while you guys go on ahead with the ball.  Merry Christmas everyone, be back in a bit...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

Post Number:  448
December 24, 2004 1:45:59 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will watched as Shazam stood up and bolted to the door, looked around the halls and then went out the door towards the elevators. Returning 10 or 15 minutes later, had a cup of fruit punch, and went out the door again. This time however he didn't seemed to be as angry and alert. So Will didn't pay much attention to what happened to Shazam, and went back to enjoy his dance. He was having some problems with his costume, the dance required large amount of movement, but his costume was made for slow movement, if possible, none at all. After the dance ended, he decided to go and have a cup of punch. But he noticed that Shazam had not returned. He looked around for Shazam, he also noticed something else, Coco, the girl that Shazam had been looking over at every once in a while had also gone. Hmm, this might be interesting. He sat down in the chair Shazam had sat in and watched as Chip taught everyone else how to do the naxt dance. No wonder Shazam didn't dance, Will thought,
watching is more fun than actually dancing.

After about half an hour, Shazam returned, with Coco infront of him. But some how, he seemed different, Will didn't know what was different, Shazam was just different.

"Hey, you took my seat." Shazam said as he walked over to join Will at the tables with another cup of punch.

"Sorry man," Will appologized. "Where did you go?"

"Me? Oh, long story. Maybe I'll tell you guys later."

Chip must have seen Shazam come back as well, 'cause the next minute, he was sitting on the other side of Shazam. "Hey what's going on? You look tired."

"Long story, I'll tell you guys later. So, how many dances have I missed?"

"A couple, I was beggining to think that you weren't coming back. If you still want to dance, there are still a few left." Chip said eyeing Coco who had went back to her original place.

"Great, looks like I didn't miss much afterall." Will and Chip watched as Shazam went over to Coco, carefully kissed her hand, and led her to the dance floor just as the song ended.

(Sorry, couldn't think of much to post)
  -----------------------
-(=A=)-
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited December 26, 2004 2:29:05 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1018
December 27, 2004 2:01:52 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Now lets not suggest that there was any fornicating goin on in that period of abesence, lemme get my story straight first...)

Shazam, feeling extremely cocky, went up to the girl who had resumed her position at the far corner and took her hand gently but firmly, and planted a quick kiss on it.  This was immedietly responded with a burning sensation on the side of his face, a small but fiercely red print lay squarly across his cheek.  He gasped at the quick pain that ran through his head, but then sat in his position as Coco ran out of the room.  Chip was at his side now, having to tell the band to make another round of the chorus before he could tell them how to work the next dance. 

"Whoa, what happened there?"  Chip was half laughing at the assault, but also kind of upset there had been no romance in the coming moments.

"I see, so that's how its ganna be..."  Shazam said, awkwardly unhunching his back, the blood starting to circulate again and his nerves a bit less tender to the slightest threat...  Yea, he was angry, but he was also intrigued, a challenge!  Oh yes, this might be good. 

Earlier on, when Coco had taken him back to her room to heal up his really not so bad hand, they hadn't really done anything but talked for about ten minutes and rap his hands in band-aids, which Shazam disposed of upon walking into the ball once again. 

She had been very quiet once they had entered her cabin, slightly wider than his own, also far more organized and an aroma of freshly baked goodies filled the room...  What type of goodies, Shazam couldn't put his finger on it, but probably baking cookies like those that he'd had when in a bakery.  Oh yes, good times, but this was in a slightly more hostile place than the homely ovens of the city bakeries, and also more elegant.  She had started by explaining the obvious: the guy was some creep who was obsessing over her because she hadn't been wise enough to cut off whatever fling they had and was trying to gain back some points by stealing her enemies most beloved instrument.  She also told him not to go out of his way to get the thief in trouble.  A soft side to the women who stares ice?  Shazam couldn't have thought it, but he did imagine it to be true. 

When she spoke, she was gentle and warm, kind and not at all forboding, as if she had known you personally for years on end, playmates or something.  Of course, Shazam hadn't really been to upset about that, and basically just watched.  She was way hotter than when she was nice.  He cut those thoughts out of his mind though, respect for the girl, he thought.  But she was stunning. 

"Anyways, I hope that doesn't hurt as bad anymore," She had said.  "You must realize, this doesn't mean anything, all that trash you were talking about with the..." her eyes seemed to be more defensive now, but Shazam let his head go sideways to glance out the window into space.  She kept quiet after that. 

"I don't suppose you'd like to return to the dance," he said, charasmatic as he could.  She was sitting on a couch and nodded her head; Shazam had made his way over and pulled her up from her seemingly perky position.

"Don't think this means anything, seriously, we can't be seen together..."  She had begun to say but Shazam had instantly 'Shhhh'ed her.  Oh yes, he had control, he thought.  Maybe his fortune was tipping for the better, maybe he could even get a little farther. 

His thoughts had been injust though, and he the crimson scar left on his face was fair proof of that.  He wouldn't hear the end of this as soon as they started off again...

(I think I'm about done with this little bit, but I can still create a little bit more...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Laguna
ComNet Novice

Laguna

The Vast Empire  [NAVY]

Post Number:  26
Total Posts:  1963
December 27, 2004 2:24:23 PM    View the profile of Laguna 
Laguna walked into the ball, dressed in a black suit.  He picked up his hand, and pointed to a women in the corner, winking.  Laguna strutted in, checking the place out.  It was party time.

Laguna walked up to the bar, and ordered a beer.  The bartender slid it across the counter, and Laguna opened it with his bottle opener.  He swivelled around on the little bar chair, and looked out on the dance floor.  Everyone was either danceing, or socializing somewhere.  He spotted a few people kissing, and others just holding hands.  Laguna stepped off of the stool, and walked over to a table that had pilots sitting around it.  He sat down, and all of the pilots gave him a suttle glare, like he didn't belong.

"Hey guys, I'm new to the Navy.  Just arrived a few hours ago actually," said Laguna.

Once of the pilots piped up, "Eh, nice to meet ya.  Welcome.  I'm Chip, and to the left of you is Jack.  Over there in the corner," he pointed, " s Shazam.  He was just promoted to commander of one of our old Squadrons, and is full of air.  If he appears a bit smug to you, that's the problem.  You will eventually meet the rest of the Navy within time, but, you should find yourself a lady friend, and start dancing," he laughed.

Laguna cocked his head, and started scanning the area for someone to ask to a dance.  By the bar, he saw a women sitting at a table.  She had blonde hair, and soft, blue eyes.  Laguna prompted himself to go ask her.  He worked up the courage, stood up, and walked over to where she was sitting.

"Eh hem..Er...Hello, my name is Laguna.  Might I ask you for a dance M'lady?" he asked.

She looked up at him, and paused for a moment.  "I would love a dance," she replied.  The two of them stood up, hand in hand, and walked to the middle of the dance floor.  Laguna glanced back at the table of pilots over his shoulder, and saw them giving him the thumbs up, and other gestures.

Laguna looked at the women, and she stared right back into his eyes.  They were connected for that few seconds, and Laguna felt warm.

"Might I ask your name," he said.

"My name is Jennifer, Jenny for short," she replied.

"Oh, and what are you doing on this ship?" he asked.

"I am working as a secretary in one of the officers office's.  I just started yesterday," she said.

"Well, I am a new recruit, and I just arrived on the ship not to long ago.  Guess we're both new eh?" he said.

"Yea, I guess," replied Jenny.

They dance till the end of the song.  Laguna asked her for another dance, and they just kept dancing.  A few moments later, Shazam and his lady friend Coco came up dancing beside them.

"Hello," said Laguna.  "Nice to meet you Shazam."

Shazam just kept on dancing, and then he kissed Coco on the lips.  Laguna felt a little competition coming on, and layed his lips right on Jenny's.  She sucked him right in, and started kissing him harder.  She drug him over to a booth in the corner, and stopped for a moment.

"Oh, I'm sorry If I am rushing into things, but I really like you," she said.

"Thats fine, I kinda like you too.  I should be the one appoligizing, I just kissed you out of no where," he said.

"I'm glad you did, I was waiting for you to make a move, because I wasn't going to," said Jenny.

Laguna laughed, and Jenny laguned back.  She inched her hand closer to Laguna's, and wrapped hers around his.  Laguna saw Shazam still dancing with his women, and the pilots still talking at the table.  Laguna thought about what would happen to him in the Navy.  New things, and a whole new future.....

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Vast Empire Navy
TRN/CR Laguna/Training-1-2/Wing I/MSSD Atrus/VEN
Ex-soldier turned journalist, Laguna is a strong willed man with amazing energy. His compassion for the unfortunate drivers him to help the weak and bring down their oppressors.
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

Post Number:  459
December 27, 2004 5:49:54 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will sat at the table with other pilots, talking with someone once in a while. Most of the times, he watched as people danced, talked and other things, like kissing. He noticed that many of the people that came to this dance were starting to kiss, as if this is turning into a kissing contest or something. Laguna, who came in half way through with the program hitted off with a girl after just two dances. Shazam also started kissing Coco half way through their dance. Will felt presured. He wanted to meet someone when he came, but now that hes actually there, he's afraid of actually doing it. Everytime, he even thinks about asking someone, he could feel his cheek burn.

Then he saw the girl that he would dance with tonight. She had straight, blond hair with a face that looks almost identical to a doll's face. She's hot. He just stared at her as she made her way to the bar and ordered a a bottle of some sort of pink juice, probably pink lemonade.

"Dude, when are you going to go dance again? You've been sitting here forever." Chip nudged him, almost making fun of him, as he was about to get up, finishing his drink.

Will walked around the dance floor, and stopped behind the girl. He cleared his throat, and said:"Excuse me, miss. May I have this dance with you?" Then he bowed down, took her hand, and lightly kissed it, while staring into her beautiful icy eyes, which freed him of his burning shyness. He noticed that she was even more breathtaking when looked upon upclose. Everything about her is just perfect, and she didn't even wear any makeup.

"Yes, you may." She said in her kind, warm voice as she stood up from her stool and let Will lead her to the dance floor.

As they walked Will noticed his fellow pilots that were sitting at their table all staring at him with shocked faces, they would never have thought that Will would actually pick up a girl.

"My name is Will, short for William. What's your name?"

"I'm Lauren. Are you one of the pilots?"

"yes, I joined the navy a couple of months ago. And what's your profession?"

"I'm one of the doctors, I work 'behind the scenes', so I don't usually meet people much."

The two of them danced for the next five or ten minute till the end of the song. But when the song did end, neither of them made the move to leave the dance floor.

"May I have the next dance with you as well?" Will asked slightly bowing this time.

"Sure." She answered with a soft, sweet voice. The minute she agreed, Will knew that this would be a night to remember. For him anyways.

-----------------------
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1134
December 27, 2004 9:20:49 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip laughed at the many bright marks all over both sides of Shazam's face. He hadn't seen Shazam kiss Coco, but had heard the half-dozen slaps. "Guess she's not feeling to friendly?"

"Nope." Shazam sank back into a chair, half dejected and half thrilled by this little challenge he had given himself.

"Well, time for me to explain another dance. Le's see, what's next? Ah, the Snowball Reel. Heh, lot's of fun. Keep an eye on this one, chances are at least one person will get so dizzy they'll fall over."

"Sounds like fun." Shazam sipped his drink, watching to see if Coco would return.

Chip walked back into the middle of the dance floor as the band finished. "Okay guys, next is the Snowball Reel. Now you'll want to be careful on this one, it gets so confusing it looks like a blizzard, and hence it's name. We'll start out with two long lines, starting by this wall here. One line is going to be the guys, and the other line facing them will be the girls. You all remember the moves I showed you earlier? Well we're going to be using them again."

"The first move is to have everyone go forward and back, just like we did in Soldier's Joy. Then you do a 'right hand turn.' Walk forward and take your partner's right hand, and turn around each other 360 degrees, clockwise." Chip demonstrated with a freckled girl with an up-turned nose in a brown dress. "You go back to your positions in the line (actually, you're supposed to do that after every move, I noticed some people staying in the middle during the Virginia Reel), and then do a left hand turn, which is basicly the same thing but with your left hand and you turn counter-clockwise."

Alright, now we do the same two-hand turn that I showed you earlier, followed by a move called "do-si-do." Now, I know that some of the old action-holos have the heroes hoppin' and bouncing about with their arms crossed in front of them, but for what we're doing, that's completely wrong! No one on Corellia in this time period would have been caught dead dancing like that. A ball room was to be graceful, elegant, and smooth. But anyway, you put your hands behind your back like this, walk forward past your partner's right shoulder, step to your right, and walk backwards and pass left shoulders.

And remember that you only have eight beats in the music to do each move. If you start to get behind, just move on to the next move instead of trying to play catch-up. Great. Looks like you guys have got it. That was the introduction. Now the last part is called chaining-down-the-line, and this is where the dance gets its blizzard-related name. I'm going to give the couple on the far end here a signal, and they're going to do a right hand turn with each other. Then they're going to walk past each other and give a left hand turn to the next person in the opposite line. They return to the middle between the two lines and give each other another right hand turn. Then they left-hand-turn the next person in the line, and so on and so on, until they chain their way from one end of the line to the other."

"After the first couple gets a little ways down the line, I'm going to give the signal to the next couple, and so on and so on, until we have several couples chaining at once. I'm going to keep it slow at first 'till you start to get the hang of it, but after a few rounds I'm going to turn you loose and let the chaining fly. After about eight couples or so chain, I'm going to have you go back through the introduction (all the different turns and things), then we'll do some more chaining.

"Okay, I know that's a lot. Any questions before we begin?"

-----------------------

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  165
December 29, 2004 3:28:58 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack returned from his so-called "mission." He had found out that he had been transfered to Nazgul Squadron under the command of his good friend Shazam. When he asked an officer where he was, the officer replied, "They're at a party."

Once Jack found out where the party was, he looked around for a bit. He saw Willtconq dancing with someone, and after he was done, Jack walked over to him. "Hey, Willtbast," Jack teased and laughed, "Let's get a drink. You want one? I'm buying."

"Thanks Jack," Willtconq said. "So where have you been?"

"On a wild goose chase. Don't ask," Jack replied as he bought his friend and himself a drink. "Who were you dancing with?"

"Some girl named Lauren. She's a doctor."

"Let me guess: Your love doctor?" Jack teased again.

"Ha, ha. Nice one, Jack," Will said sarcastically. "Oh, by the way, did you hear that you've been transfered to Nazgul?"

"Yeah, we're both in the same position and same rank, but in two different squadrons."

"Yep, kind of odd, don't you think?"

Before Jack could answer, a good-looking lady came up to him. Jack realized her immeadatly. "Alexia?"

"Jack 'Nuclear' Nebulax, I thought that was you. So you're an Imperial hotshot pilot, I hear," Jack's longtime girlfriend, Alexia, said.

"Yep, you heard right. Want a dance, beautiful?" Jack asked, hoping for "yes" as an answer. Reluctantly, Jack got it.

"You bet, hotshot." Jack got up and started to dance with her.

"What are you doing here?" Jack asked.

"I work as a medic stationed here. I'm good friends with your friend's grilfriend Lauren."

"So, Doctor, do you have a cure for my broken heart?" Jack asked.

"Yes, you wounded hotshot of a pilot." And together they danced that long night away, song after song.

-----------------------
FL/SCRW Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 2-1/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Kaminari
ComNet n00b

The Vast Empire  [NAVY]

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  14
January 2, 2005 10:42:11 PM    View the profile of Kaminari 
Kaminari stepped off the tranport's ramp in one of the Atrus's many docking bays. He ran a hand through his hair as he looked around, being completely unfamiliar with the surroundings. He'd only been selected for pilot training a few days ago, and now this...

chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1153
January 4, 2005 10:52:59 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chip sighed. Well, time to close this up. The farewell waltz was the last dance. It was a couple's waltz, the only dance tonight where a couple was able to dance outside of a larger group. Chip explained the three steps, and how if a person couldn't quite do the three little steps properly they could fudge it by sort of just sliding their feet side to side instead. The hands (left for men, right for ladies) were held out away from the body at stomache height, and the arms were supposed to be held frim enough that the guy could use them like a rudder to steer the lady around. Since the lady was always going backwards, it was up to the guy to make sure that she didn't hit anything.

The lady was also supposed to put her left hand on the guy's right shoulder and gently push him away, while the guy put his right hand on the small of the lady's back and gently pulled her toward him. That gave the couple a degree of tension, making it easier to spin gracefully instead of just flop about. And since this was a couple's dance, Chip wouldn't need to stand around and help. Good, he was hoping to join at least one dance...

There was a shorter girl in the one corner who hadn't really dance much. She seemed nice enough, but no one was bothering to ask her to dance and she was starting to look rather lonely. Chip figured he'd cheer her up. He led her to the floor, and asked the band to play Ashoken Farewell. It wasn't a period song, but had been the theme to the Ken Burns documentary-holo. It sounded like it could be period though, and was just plain a pretty song. Chip took her hand, showed her where to put hers, and waited for the music to begin.

-----------------------

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:03:44 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 88  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >