Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Doomsday Savior
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
  RE: Doomsday Savior
December 7, 2003 2:37:13 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: seven minutes too slow lol)

Raziel looked up from his cover, somewhere under that hail of fire Kuroishi had gone down. Raziel didn't know what the siren about, but it didnt seem to be a good thing.

He caught a glimpse of movement to his left. Raziel shot up from his cover like a bullet, repeater pistol in each hand, he had to be fast...his armour wouldnt stop a single round.
    Three men started firing on Raziel, but their aim was off and Raziel was moving very quickly. In the time their rifles got off one shot Raziel had released a burst of five from each pistol.
    Directly to Raziels left were the main force of rebels, he caught glimpses of chaos and confusion happening out of the corner of his eyes as he ran. The three guards attacking him were all crouching in the open directly infront of him. He was running diagonally infront of them, aiming for a piece of cover halfway between them.
    The guard to his right was buried under a hail of bolts, Raziel kept running slowly bringing both pistols to bear on the other two. He kept both triggers depressed and a steam of blaster fire arced through the air towards the other two. His eyes tracked each blaster bolt as they sped through the air towards him.
    Eight meteres to cover. His blaster fire arced over the second guards head, but he adjusted his aim to compensate as he swung around to fire on the last.
    Four metres. The third guard was hit secen times before he hit the ground, but Raziel had expended all one hundred shots and the guard fired directly at his legs, Raziel dived.
    He reloaded both power packs in a blur and pushed his back up against the crate. Then a smell of burning rubber filed his nostrils. He looked down at the heel of his boot that had been blasted clean off. A closer look revealed that the back of his ankle had been slightly burned as well.

He holstered both pistols and turned around, facing the crate. he grasped the lisp with both hands and launched himself up. The guard who had his rifle trained on the crate looked up in shock as Raziel fired at him from above. Raziel jumped down to where the three had been and took the oxygen masks and slid them across the floor to tyummk. Raziel turned around to stare down the muzzle of a stun rifle.

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
December 7, 2003 6:14:18 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
As Kairo saw Rema pull some weird trick from his sleave he, ran torward his set of vehicles. "He is almost as crazy as I am." Kairo said as he saw that most of the squad was already heading out of the hanger. "Man there fast. Why did I pick the bikes in the back of the hanger bay?" As he arrived at the bikes he saw Rema and Kjerri blast the door that the Rebel troops were coming through and head of in their vehicles. Throwing his equipment onto the floor he checked all the eadouts for the bike with the most fuel. Picking his stuff back up he put it on the back of the one he chose and pushed it away from the others.

Running back to the main pack he knew he had to work fast. Pushing all the bikes together and aiming them at one of the other blast doors, he started their engines and slid under the hovering vehicles. Pulling out one of his explosives he jury rigged it to the fusalage of the first bike and armed it. Continueing the prossess down the row he fastened all the bikes with bombs. "Only a few pounds of explosives," kairo remarked as he threw length of rope around the bikes and strung them together. When he was finished Kairo jumped onto his bike and pulled up the the juryrigged vehicles. Putting a length of fibercord from his bike to the rest, he jumped onto the pack and punched their throtles forward. They started out slow because he had to start the going one by one, but when he got the forth bike going he was rocketing across the bay. Pushing the fifth bikes throttle forward he locked it and start to stand up from the bikes when shot came from the door he was headed at.

Knowing he had only a few seconds left he launched himslef forward and  stumbled across the bikes to his own. He felt a sudden burn on his arm but kept going. In the last second he jumped from the last bike to his own, pulled out his blaster and shot the cord connecting them and pulled his bike away from the rest. BOOOM. The shockwave from the blast jarred his bike forward as he guided it as best he could across the room. A few pieces of shrapnel clanged around him, as he swirved to miss the remains of Rema's mess. Pulling up to the door connecting the larger bay to the smaller one he took his first look at his arm.

He saw that the blast had only grazzed the armor leavin a smoking hole where it hit. Hes arm was burned but not badly. "I'll live," He grunted as he pulled out a salve and spread it across the wound. Looking back at the mess h had just made, Kiaor smiled to himself. "Nice mess we all made."

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
SL/CPL Kairo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve[CDS]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited December 7, 2003 6:17:47 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
December 7, 2003 7:33:33 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon raced over to the first of the tanks they had to destroy.  He had what explosive him and Dark Rogue had and he quickly wired them to the ammunition bay inside.  After a minute, the explosives were in place and the trigger was inserted.  It was a wireless remote trigger so they could blow the tank up once they got outside.  Odds were though that the destrution of the other two would ignite this one anyhow.

Afyon climbed out of the tank and went down to where Dark Rogue was.  He was inside their tanking loading the ammo into the ammunition bay.  "Just about ready?"  Afyon asked.

"Yep, we are ready to roll" Dark Rogue replied as he climbed out.

"Alright, lets grab the tools here and anything else we see and then see if we can get this baby started."

The two quickly grabbed what last minute things they found of use before arranging their gear in the tank and climbing into their stations.  The two had set a special comfrequencey to talk and Afyon climbed into the laser turret which was a quad laser in an open rotating area.  Nice and open to the elements and the enemy.

"Alright start it up!" Afyon yelled into the com as he powered up the laser turrets.  He soon heard the roar of the engine starting and he felt the tank begin to vibrate.  "Ok lets drive her away from the other tanks and turn it around!"

Afyon sat back and waited for the fun to begin.

-----------------------
ASL/SST_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
December 7, 2003 8:35:18 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Shall we finish this then or drag it out a bit further?  /OOC]

Kuroishi had only blacked out for a moment but awoke to find three rifles staring him in the face.

In with the techs were 40 guards.  Kuroishi could see that now.  Only by the sheer luck of his desperate use of frag grenades had a cooling system gone down.  It meant the reactors could be perfeclty fine for hours or trouble was brewing already.

Judging from how calm the guards and techs were the techs felt they had time to figure out this problem.

Time for one last move.

"Lower the rifles and I won't steal your souls."  Kuroishi said as he closed his eyes.

"What if we don't."  One of them replied.

"I'll have to do this."  Kuroishi said as he kicked one guard squarly between the legs and batted the rifles away from his face.

In a flash Kuroishi grabbed his vibro katana and chopped the two rifles in half.

Looking toward the side of the reactor room where Wraith was Kuroishi could see Raziel was in trouble as well.

"Damn just when I found a decent place to retire to as well."  Kuroishi said as he swung the vibro katana through the three now tunned men before they could run away.

Kuroishi steadied himself and through his vibro katana into the back of the guard covering Raziel.

"TOSS MY DUFFLE UNDER ONE OF THE REACTORS NOW!"  Kuroishi yelled as he reached down for his doomsday trigger.

Kuroishi by nature left all his explosive on a default commdet frequencey, but so he could blow only the ones he wanted to when he wanted to he'd set them to a second frequncy.  The doomsday trigger was set to the default frequency.

Raziel now suddenly free complied.

"NOW RUN!"  Kuroishi yelled.

Kuroishi held his breath then started holding the trigger down.

The guards were now more concerned about the duffle then Wraith.

"Daishi you and Tina owe me one."  Kuroishi muttered to himself as he let the trigger up.

The massive explosion rocked the room.  Debries fell from the cieling.  How Kuroishi survived he didn't know.

One thing was certain, he wasn't going anywhere.  Half burried in rubble and only a belief that Wraith got out.

Even after that last explosion Kuroishi didn't know how many rebels he got, or even how long he had to live before the reactor finally overloaded.

[OOC:  There now we can either keep this going or wrap it up.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited December 7, 2003 8:45:12 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

December 7, 2003 9:29:57 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Dark Rogue moved the tank away from the others and turned around so the main gun faced the three tanks they were supposed to destroy.

"Alright...fire!" Commanded Afyon as he grabbed hold of the remote trigger and set off the explosives in the first tank.  The tank rocked as Dark Rogue fired a burst from the front cannon of their tank, the second tank ignited and blew up shortly after.  "Nice shot, now the last one!" Afyon stated before switching com frequencies.  "Rema get that hanger door open, Slash and Mars have the t3-b heavy ready to roll.  We will go through first and then stop, you two go by us and we will catch up!"  Afyon ordered as he adjusted in the open turret and put his helmet on.

Dark Rogue blew up the final tank shortly after and then tired two shells at what remained of some other vehicles while Rema was on the far side opening the door.  Afyon heard an alarm begin to blare through the hanger as the door flew open, revealing the cold open snow desert and a hell of a lot of rebels.

"Alright lets move it!"  Afyon shouted as he grabbed hold of the cannons while Dark Rogue accelerated and raced outside.  The main cannon fired a couple of shots at a pair of rebel light tanks outside, one was a direct hit send the tank flying into another one which was damaged from a near miss.  Afyon began to strafe everything in sight before looking back to see Rema, Mars, Slash, and Kjerre race out of the hanger in their vehicles.  The vehicles blew by the tank Afyon and Dark Rogue were in.

"Alright get us the hell out of here!" Afyon shouted as he lined up and blew up a speeder bike with the quad cannon.  he then began to strafe some of the rebel troops who had taken up firing positions.  The tank lurched forward and sped ahead, leaving behind the rebels.  They wouldnt be left behind for long though as the alarm had been sent out.  The battle had begun.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 8, 2003 6:54:08 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Wraith don't worry about me I got an idea.  For once the severe criminal charges that are attached to my name will actually get me out of more trouble then they will get me into.  /OOC]

Kuroishi lay there breathing slowly.

The blaster injury to his right arm meant he couldn't use that arm to dig himself out.  The left arm was under a fairly hefty piece of rubble.  If he could just move the rubble he could get his arm out.

Up to his waist was covered in debries.  Kuroishi could tell his left thigh and shin were pretty well broken.  His right shin was broken.

Two blaster burns and a chest injury added to all that.

Kuroishi could here someone approaching before he could see them and that was pretty close since his ears were still ringing from the massive explosion.

"We'll have you out in a minute corperal."  Kuroishi more read the mans lips then heard him talk.

Kuroishi noticed more New Republic guards around him, digging him out and digging thier comrades out.

The man turned away from him and began to talk into his comlink.

Another guard approached and began to talk to the leader of this recovery operation.

The two seemed to discuss something the subordinate occassionally pointed to Kuroishi.

Kuroishi could feel the last pieces of major debries lift away from his body.

Then the man came into Kuroishi's view once more.  This time Kuroishi could see more then the man's face.  He wore the rank insignia of an army captain.

"You almost got away with your little disquise.  I thought the private was talking nonesense claiming you were one of the most wanted men in the New Republic.  Now I see from the unit and name identifiers on your uniform he was telling the truth.  You're my prisoner now and I'm going to make sure all imperial remnants learn that even the great Robert Lee is not able to defeat our superior forces by making sure you get to your warcrimes trial.  It will be a political nightmare for you imperial scum."  The captain spoke to Kuroishi.

Kuroishi just laughed as hard as he dared with his chest injury.

Well at least he'd survive this mission but he wouldn't be leaving with the rest of Wraith.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
December 8, 2003 7:05:25 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Yeeeeeeehawwww!!!!" Rema yelled as he rocketed from the hanger. He pushed the throttle forward blasting past Afyon's tank. He pulled his S-2 carbine from his holster, and started firing at surprised Rebel's diving for cover.

"Form up on me Rema, we are gonna move out of here fast." Kjerri ordered.

"Righto" Rema said.

"Lets try and get their attention more. Follow me. And take out a Vibroblade" Kjerri ordered.

As they passed the main line of Rebel troops, Kjerri and Rema turned and doubled back. Rema holstered his blaster, and took out his vibroblade. He accelerated and held the vibroblade horizontal with the ground. He flew through a squad of Rebels, smashing into a few and almost knocking himself off.

"That didnt go so well." he said to himself.

As he put away his vibroblade, a blaster shot grazed his arm and he hit the controls, sending the speeder flying off madly. Pulling hard on the controls, Rema slowly re-gained level flight.
He repositioning himself, he put the throttle to full to catch up with Kjerri. As he caught up with Kjerri, he waved and flew close. They both formed up and headed away from the base.

"Well that was fun."

"Quite" said Kjerri.

"So how far do we go?" Rema asked.

"Until someone tells us to stop." Kjerri replied.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"We need Boots! Good Boots! The kind of Boots your mother used to make!"
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
TRP/LCPRema/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P]
[This message has been edited by Rema (edited December 8, 2003 7:24:28 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

December 8, 2003 8:02:05 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Afyon was leading the troops out of the hanger and into the fray, Kairo was still inside the hanger lookign for a door leading to one of the other hangers. "This place is way to big!" Kairo grumbled as he started off for another door. "This is just wrong. Five doors and I still haven't found the right one." As he arrived at the second to last door, one of the blast doors at the other end of the hanger opened and blaster fire errupted from within. "Don't they give up! This better be the right one." Pulling up the control panel, Kairo punched the controls and throttle the bike through. As he passed the frame, Kairo pulled out his blaster and fired at the controls. There was a spark and the door slammed shut behind him.

Trying to keep the bike from hitting the walls Kairo saw a door at the end of the hall and started to slow down. Once he had arrived, he jumped off the bike and flipped the controls. The door started to open up, when a siren erupted from  the other side. "Shoot. Did I do that?" Looking through the door, he saw a bunch of vehicles speed off through the huge double door. "Apparently not." Kairo said as he swept his gaze across the hanger. "Nothing left. Hopefully I will be able to do more damage at the next bay." Waiting until the troops had left he sped across the bay and followed the same prosses as before until he arrived at the next bay.

When he arrived he was greeted with techs running from tank to tank. "Great confusion, just what I need to make this work. I wish I was better a stealth like the Wraiths, but I have to play with the cards delt." Pushing his bike into the bay, Kairo hid behind a stack of crates. Running up to an unsuspecting tech working on a tank. He pulled out his knife and put his hand over the techs mouth. The tech went limp in Kairo's hands. "I didn't stab him. Oh great he fainted. Damn Rebels, can't even be strong." Dragging the tech behind the crates he started to took off the uniform and started to put it on.

(OOC I have to stop here. Moms says I have to go to bed early. Sorry. OOC)

-----------------------
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
December 8, 2003 8:47:18 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
"Merrick, this is TK." Merrick pulled her commlink out of her pocket and flicked it on. "Hey TK, what's up?"
"Just thought you might be interested to know the easiest way to get further into the base." Merrick pretended to think about it for a minute. "Go ahead, not like we're getting far on our own." Tk gave Merrick directions down toward the main barracks and officer quarters. It seemed that they'd managed to bypass one of the outer blast doors by taking the ventilation shafts down this far.

"Righto, thanks TK, cya." Merrick put the commlink back in her pocket and headed off, following TK's directions and stopping now and then to make sure they weren't about to get shot passing intersecting corridors. Merrick took one such occasion as an opportunity to look at her wounds. Most of them weren't very serious and didn't require attention, but a couple had the potential to slow her down later on. Vult tried to convince her to take the time to do something about them now, but Merrick shrugged and pressed on. "We gotta find this damn weapon, and so far we arenn't even in the heart of the base yet. Should be able to access most places from the barracks, so lets get going."

----

The main barracks turned out to be similarly deserted, but the surrounding corridors certainly weren't empty in this part of the base. All of the troops that they'd encountered had been wearing oxygen masks, though. "Merrick to all fireteam leaders. It appears that they've turned off environment controls, or plan to, kill some enemy troops and take their oxygen masks. Shouldn't need them yet, but it never hurts to be prepared."

"Where now boss?" Merrick looked up at Hashi. "Officer's quarters I suppose, let's see if we can find the commander of this installation and convince him to tell us where this weapon is. Will certainly make it easier than searching the whole damn place.. if we can get it out of him." Merrick stood up, picked up her axe and headed off in the most likely direction.

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword and Squad Leader
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  221
Total Posts:  96
December 8, 2003 9:41:25 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog squatted next to Sokudo and looked down at the small vent in the floor, it had a grill on it, and was about 10 inches square.

"How does this do us any good?" Frog asked, "Theres no way we'll fit down there."

Sokudo smiled, "Yeah, but we're on the "bottom" floor, remember?" He emphasised the word "bottom", "This proves that theres more below us, so there must be a way down."

Just at that moment, Dragoon ran into the room and looked around for a couple of seconds, until his eyes fell on Frog, "Did you hear? What're we gonna do?"

Frog raised a questioning eyebrow at Dragoon, who spoke again, "Oh, you didn't hear? Isn't your comlink on?"

Frog pulled his comlink out of his pocket, and thumbed it on, "Heh, they were being jammed before, I turned it off. Whats the news?"

"Merrick was just on the line, apparantly shes spotted several troops using oxygen masks, so it seems they've turned off the atmosphere generators down here. Could be kinda dangerous, seeing as we're trapped down here an all."

Frog looked down at the grate, then back up at Dragoon, "How much effort would it take to blow a hole in this floor?"

Dragoon's expression perked up, and then promptly fell again, "Their solid, I could pile everything I've got on one spot and still just make a giant dent."

"What if we could get the explosives inside the floors?"

Dragoon looked thoughtful, "Then we could prolly warp and weaken them enough to peel them away by hand, enough to get us through I suppose anyway."

Frog nodded and pointed at the grate, "Good, do it, Sokudo and I will wait down the hall, all the way down the hall."

Dragoon grinned and began to unpack his things as the other two Jesters walked away.

-----------

Several minutes later, Frog and Sokudo were standing silently by the turbolift door, when Dragoon came sprinting, in an almost comical fashion, out of the room, and skidded down the hall towards them.

He pulled himself to a halt once he reached the pair, and looked at both in turn, "I suppose I didn't really set the timers right for dramatic effect eh?"

Frog had just enough time to surpress a chuckle before a resounding explosion threatened to burst his ear drums, and a bright flash erupted from the room Dragoon had emerged from.

-----------

Private Rea N'deir struggled with his oxygen mask, the damn thing itched to blazes, and was not really all that comfortable to wear. He looked over at the other NR squad they'd just met up with, one of the few others left defending the lowest levels. The rest had all been transfered to other sections, largely to defend the reactor core, which was apparantly under some form of attack. He noted that one of the soldiers in the other squad was carrying a repeater blaster, with two more strapped to his back, one of which he was unstrapping to hand to the heavy weapons man in Rea's squad. Good, at least they weren't being ignored totally, and were still in the loop for equipment hand outs.

Rea grasped his hands together, put them over his head, and leaned back for a good stretch, when some dim red light in the small vent above him grabbed his attention. He gave the vent a quizzical look, and in return it exploded in his face in a great orangey fireball.

-----------

Frog surveyed the charred remains of the room, including the bent and twisted floor plates in the middle of the room, which had been bent upwards to resemble somewhat of a miniature volcano. Stepping closer, he peered down to the floor below, and saw the remains of a NR squad, as well as hearing the frightened and shocked gasps of the still living.

Drawing his E-11, Frog turned to the other two, "Quickly now, while we've still got the element of surprise."

And what surprise it was, after the explosion, the NR troops that had survived were far too dazed to expect three armed Imperial troopers to suddenly drop through the newly created skylight in their base. They gave the Imperial's an odd look, before dropping to the ground with a few new over-sized body piercings.

Frog had a quick look around the area, and spotted on of the dead rebels with a repeated strapped to his back, and one more in each of his hands, "Looks like we get some new toys lads," he said, bending down the pick them up.

-----------------------
(-Vast Empire-) Corporal Thomas "Firefrog" Phennir
TRP/CPL Firefrog/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Jester++
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Afyon
ComNet Member

December 9, 2003 6:52:45 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
The tank Afyon and Deep Rogue were in sped quickly away from the rebel emplacements and out into the open snow.  Rema and Kjerre had slowed down to drive along side of the tank with the T3-B heavy, the most vulnerable of the vehicles, out in front.  After about two minutes, Afyon swung his turret to face out back and took out his binoculars.  About a kilometer away, there was a group of rebel speeder bikes closing in, and quickly.

"We have company, time to begin to make our pay" Afyon said over the com as he began to look for a suitable defensive position to fight from.  The goal wasnt to take on the whole rebel force now, just the lead elements before running away to another spot.  Ideally, they would make their way back to the base and create a circle effect, this should also be able to provide cover for the other squads to escape once it was time.

The vehicles quickly approached a hill that was covered high with snow and had a path for vehicles cut inbetween the banks.  "Perfect, up on the hill, we fight from there!" Afyon ordered.  Quickly, the T3-B heavy and the two speeder bikes raced away to the top of the hill, followed shortly after by the tank.

"Alright, surprise is key, get the vehicles out of sight on the other side of the hill.  Mars and Slash, prepare to fire those surface to surface missiles.  The rest of you, we have some heavy weaponry inside the tank.  Heavy repeaters and some blasters taken off of vehicles.  Use those and whatever you have.  Remember, conserve ammo.  Lets move out!"  Afyon ordered as he climbed inside the tank and began to help Deep Rogue move out two of the heavy guns they had taken off of a rebel speeder.  Rema nad Kjerre grabbed the ammo boxes for them and the group quickly put them in place, one on either side of the snow bank.  They then grabbed their blasters and Afyon grabbed his sniper rifle as well as a bag of equipment which included another blaster, ammunition, and his binoculars.

The men quickly assembled in position, Rema and Kjerre on one side of the bank, Deep Rogue and Afyon on the other.  Afyon took out his binoculars and crawled up onto the top of the bank.  "Five hundred meters, we will not fire until they are close so they can not run! So far I count ten speeder bikes."  Afyon stated as he got a good read on the distance.  He took off his stormtrooper helmet and pulled his sniper rifle to his eye.  The laser tracker indicated they were now 350 meters out.  When they reached one hundred meters Afyon ordered the men to get ready.

"When you can see them, fire!" Afyon stated as he lined up the crosshairs on one of the rebels.  "Fire!" Afyon ordered as he fired a shot that nailed the first rebel in the throat sending him falling off the bike. THe bike veered wildly and crashed into the snow.

Rema, Kjerre, and Deep Rogue began to fire the heavy repeaters nailing two of the bikes full on as they approached the pass.  "Afyon, these repeaters bounce and shake too much, next time we will have to dig them in, they are designed to be fired like this!" Rema exclaimed as he and Kjerre wrestled with their repeater, shooting another bike in the process.  Deep Rogue had given up on the repeater and had his blaster out.

Afyon lined up and fired at another bike as the rebels formed up into an attack position and fired at their positions.  The bikes veered through the pass rapidly straffing the area.  One blast hit the top of the hill where AFyon was sending him flying backwards.  He landed hard beside Deep Rogue "Shit...this isnt worki-" Afyon started to say as one bike slammed into the top of the hill.  It had been taken out by Rema who was hiding behind a pile of snow.

The bikes flew back through the pass, their shots just missing Rema's head but hitting the bank behind him hard enough to knock him hard to the ground.  Steam was rising everywhere from the heat of the shots.

"Alright everyone to their vehicles..move it!" Afyon ordered as he slung his bag on his back and ran for the tank.  He turned and fired another shot from his rifle hitting a rebel in the leg and sending his bike in an uncontrolled spin that ended in a firey crash moments later.  Rema and Kjerre hopped on their bikes, stashed their gear and took off to intercept the remaining rebel speeders.  Deep Rogue and Afyon reached their tank and Afyon climbed into the turret. "Alright move us to the top of the hill!" Afyon ordered as he moved in the turret and began to look for targets.  One target crashed only twenty meters in front of them as a speeder bike blew over their heads.  "Nice shot Kjerre!" Afyon shouted as he fired a blast at one of the remaining speeders.

(OCC: If no one finishes this up Ill do it later)

-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

December 9, 2003 9:04:42 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC Ok now I can finish up the above post. OOC)

. . . . . 10 minutes later . . . .  . . . . .

As kairo pulled the last of the uniform over his aromor he pulled of his helmet and placed it on the speeder. Stepping out from behind the crates, Kairo walked over to where the tech had just been working on a tank. "So far so good. I hope these rebels don't spot that I am like twice as big as I was before." Kairo said as he pulled open the access hatch to the tanks engine. Pulling out the techs tuels he deftly disabled the coolent suply and rewired the whole apparatus to a small bomb. "There now if they start this baby up they will have an awful surprise." kairo thought to himself as he sealed the hatch again.

"There has to be a better way." Scanning the whole area for something that would help him, Kairo spotted eight refueling vehicles pull out of a side storage area and head for the back of the hanger. "That'll work." Pulling out the techs I.D. he walked over to the refuelers and prayed he was of higher authority then the people inside. "Hey you stop!" Kairo yelled as he pulled up along side the vehicles.

"What do you want... Oh sorry sir I didn't realize it was you." The driver replied stifly as he pushed open the door and quickly went to attention. "Hey casher. Get out of your Refueler now. We have Sergeant Banks here."

The other two refuelers pulled up and stepped out side of them. Running over they formed up a quick line. "Thankyou for the quick alignment. Now I'm here to tell you personally that you are to report to hanger bay 1." Kairo said in his gruffest voice he could.

"Is something wrong sir?" The soldier named Casher replied.
"You sound a little strange.

"No, I just have a cold. We need extra men their, becuase we are preparing to send out the tanks as quickly as we can. Apparently we have a few Imperials that think they can take us on." Kairo bluffed.

"Ok sir. Roger." The first soldier responded.

"I will be acompanying you there. Follow me." Kairo said as he ran off for the deserted hall he came in from. The techs quickly folowed him. When he arrived he pulled open the door and let the other soldiers go through first. Closing the door, Kairo pulled out three flyhigh throwing knives and threw them at the men. They let out a sudden yelp and collapsed to the ground. "I wish I didn't have to do that in their backs."

As he left the corridor he ran over to his suplies and pulled out three high intensity explosives. From there he headed for the still absent refuilers. Climbing onto the back of the first one, Kairo placed the first explosive on the storage area for the fuel. Repeating the process on the second, he jumped down and headed for the third. "Hey you what do you think you're doing!" A loud voice yelled from across the bay. All heads turned toward Kairo.

"Damn!" Kairo yelled as he tore off the techs uniform and pulled out his blaster. A tech ran for the alarm but Kairo launched a quick shot at him. Unfortanately there were way to many to hit, before one of them got to the alarm. Giving up on the tactic, Kairo placed the last ezplosive on the side of the truck and prayed this would be enough fire power to damage the bay. 

Suddenly from the back of the bay a flury of shots flew out at him. Jumping behind the truck Kairo heard a voice scream, "Stop you idiots or you'll blow us all to hell!" The shots died down. "Are you goig to surrender? You have nowhere to go!"

"Yeah right. Surrender to a bunch of incompitant Rebels! I could take you all on, but I have other things to worry about!" Befor the last syllable was out Kairo pulled out a thermal detanater and threw it at the waiting soldeirs. Running at full tilt to the crates, Kairo pulled out his Kylan-3 heavy blaster pisto and his E-11 and started shooting at the remaining troops behind him. Diving behind the crates for the last few feat, Kairo rolled up andput on his helmet. "I could have lost my head!" Kairo cursed as he put his e-11 away and hooped onto the bike.

Pulling out the remote detanator for the explosives, kairo punched the throttle forward on the bike and headed for the open bay doors. Looking behind him he saw the Rebels end their pursuit and start woking on the bombs. To late, kairo pressed the detanator and leaned forward along the bike. A massive explosion erupted from behind him. "This is going to be CLOSE!" Kairo yelled as the heat licked at his heals. When he thought he was done for his bike rocketed out of the bay into the frigid degrees of the planet closly followed by the searing explosion of the trucks.

Once he figured he was far enough away to look back for a short look, Kairo pulled out his micro-bynoculars and looked at the bay. Somke was still issuing out of the bay and whole inside was a hunk of molten metal. "Well I'm not going back in that base for the rest of the mission." Pulling out his comlink Kairo switched it to the comand frequincy. "DD has blown up nest one and three. I repeat DD has blown up nest one and two. make sure the people on the inside get the message." Shutting down the comlink, Kairo started off for where his men were making alot of nise a few kilometers away.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited December 9, 2003 9:09:40 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 9, 2003 10:21:48 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Well I can either go forward with my idea or scrub it so that Wraith actually has a bit of writing representation in this comp.  I'm a bit inclined to go forward with it, this story is not looking like it can last much longer anyway.  /OOC]

Kuroishi was packed out on a streatcher.  Little doubt about it, Wraith had managed to start something.

Kuroishi saw the techs franticlly working on the few surviving computers in the reactor room.  He didn't know how long until the reactor blew, all he knew was that he was going to get out.

Kuroishi probably could get free but what good would it do him, he was not able to move under his own power.

Kuroishi wished he had some way to mark for the other troopers of the VE which way he was being taken but he doubted anyone could come for him even if they wanted to.

All the hair brained schemes, the desperate yet brilliant tactics, and the improvisations of a life time had managed to get him through many campaigns, but now he was finally captured.  Nothing seemed to stand in the way of him facing a trial now.

Kuroishi was pretty sure he wasn't going to be sentenced to death in his public trial but he also knew a few years after the propaganda value of holding one of the most vile imperials to rise in receant times died down, they would kill him then, when no one would notice or care.

Finally Kuroishi was brought to a hanger.

This one was filled with medium transports and fighters.

The rebels were begining to evacuate all non-essential personel and what ever equipement they could grab.

Kuroishi was loaded aboard a medium transport outfitted to be a medical transport.  Kuroishi wondered how many rebels aboard this ship were his victims.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
December 9, 2003 11:17:49 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    The metal pin made a "clink" sound as it struck the ground. With what Kuroishi had just pulled there was no time for subtlety now.
    The grenades tumled and twisted in the air as it arced towards the guards who were trying to protect the techs. They could quite easily advance and finish off the Wraiths now, but were more concerned with what was going on behind them.
    The quick ones dived, the really slow ones didnt even notice it. Someone even reached for the grenade just as it went off.
    "Go!" Raziel shouted. All four of the remaining Wraiths dashed for the blast doors. Raziel went last firing a few bursts from his pistols before diving after them, a hail of blaster bolts following him. It had been quite easy to escape after the cieling had collapsed...
    He turned around and wedged a throwing knife in the mechanism he had damaged to open the door. The blast doors slid shut. They would stay that way.

Raziel looked around at the people who were, techinically, now his men. Argon looked the most desperate, he had even had the best view as the roof had collapsed on Kuroishi. The other two just looked like they had been pushed far too far past their physical limits.
    It was Raziel's job now to get them back out, but something tugged at his mind. This whole scenario reminded him of something he had pulled to get rid of a particularly well guarded target.
    "We go here," Raziel said pointing to a room on the map. The squad just looked at him.
    "Looks like some secret hangar. If this is serious right now there will be utter chaos and confusion and anything and anyone important to them will be being ferried out of their right now."
    The squad looked at him.
    "And we'll be able to steal something to get out of here on."
    "Lets do it!"

Raziel watched as a group of three men struggled past carrying a stretcher. On top of it was an unconcious soldier, the burns across his face confirmed that he must have been near the reactor as the grenades went off.
    "follow along," Raziel whispered. He ran around the corner and caught up to the stretcher, grasping hold of the unmanned corner before the other had even noticed him following them. They turned to him and starred blankly at him. Raziel didn't say anything but placed one hand on the injured soldiers arm. The three medics nodded appreciatively at him.
    Argon, lukas and Tyummk followed along. It was a good job non-humans were common in the rebels ranks.
    They quickly reached the hangar where chaos ruled. Soldiers were running back and forth carrying equipment and tech's ran past them quickly pushing repulsor sled piled with tools. A few men barked orders from a raised platform.
    All three of them helped the wounded soldier into the medical shuttle. As they left the medics signalled one of the soldiers to close the door.
    "It's full!" he shouted and the shuttle slowly lifted off and swung out of the open hangar doors.
    "Thanks," muttered one of the medics
    "Who are you?" shouted down one of the officers.
    "Baker company third platoon fourth squad sir!" shouted Raziel, not missing a beat.
    "What are you doing here?"
    "We were defending the reactor sir, that was our Squad leader sir." Raziel said point to where the shuttle had just left from.
    "Right stay here untill anyone says otherwise, get over their and start loading up the equipment. Tech's say their'll be hell to pay if that stuff gets damaged!"
    The Wraiths started to help loading what looked like some experimental apparatus. Argon also added in his own package.
    "Fourty minute timer," he whispered into Raziels ear.
"Whats the plan?"
    "We wait, notice how few soldiers their are around? Hopefully some of the officers and important techs will be shipped out and we can take them with us!"

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited December 9, 2003 12:36:09 AM)]
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
December 9, 2003 2:50:16 PM    View the profile of D-13 
OOC: starting off exactly where Cos left off, but with less oxygen

D-13 propped himself up against the wall, his repeater laying idly in his white-gloved hands. The rest of the Raiders and Cosmic waited at the ready, but no soldiers ever came. Strange, he thought, where could they be? A small hiss in the background caught their attention, and the enviromental moniters on their suits started to beet slowly and lightly. Fallen gripped his device.

"What do you think is happening?" He asked, while the hissing and beeping grew a bit louder.

Footsteps rang down the hallway and the troops tensed up. Some early birds whipped around the corner, their guns at the ready. Their reward for their punctuality: a black puncture on their bodies, and they went down screaming. The footsteps stopped as soon as blaster fire rang in the halls. Rizzit looked around for a peek.

"Look! There he is!" Exclaimed one of the rebels.

"Blast him!" Urged another.

Two soldiers ran forward and were promptly mowed down with the rest of their pathetic comrades by repeater fire from the combined firepower of D-13, Snake, and Fallen. Cosmic could sense no more enemies alive.

Every blaster on the floor was taken and stripped apart, then flung away while their blaster packs sat merrily with their new kin. The troopers looked curiously at the oxygen masks on the floor.

D-13 looked at his leaders, "Well, what now?"

OOC: What I said, what now?

-----------------------

TRP/SGT D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE
I love this symbol>
"Warfare is the way of deception"-Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited December 9, 2003 2:53:04 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
December 9, 2003 7:04:13 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
As if in answer to Dee's question, two rebel officers ran past the "battlescene" in somewhat of a hurry. They began rambling on about having to get to "Shantsa" in a hurry. When Cosmic and Rizzit overheard this, they immediately decided to pursue the officers. Rizzit turned to D-13 and mockingly said to him "Well Dee, it looks like your question has been answered."

Cosmic immediately saw a problem with bringing 10 troopers on a tracking mision. He told Rizzit this, and it was agreed: he and Rizzit would head off after the two officers while the others remained on the lookout for enemy troopers. Rizzit handed Fallen Angel a comlink so they could stay in contact once he and Cosmic got to where they needed to get. After handing the comlink over to his ASL, Rizzit dashed off with Cosmic in pursuit of the officers.

While the officers had gone out of sight, Cosmic had not lost his connection to the force. He was able to sense their presence, and therefore could chase after them without any problem. Rizzit of course, had no connection to the force; therefore he went by Cosmic's directions. After making quite a long dash, Rizzit and Cosmic had almost caught up with the officers. Things were starting to look up for the two of them, when at the worst possible moment: Rizzit's comlink beeped.

There was no question as to who was calling Rizzit on the comlink, the question was why? Rizzit did not know why, but he could not stray from his path. He needed to pursue the officers with Cosmic, but he still wanted to know what's going on. Rizzit picked up the comlink and turned it on while running. "Fallen, you better make this quick." Rizzit said. "I've got some officers to chase."

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
December 9, 2003 8:11:42 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Why cant you die like a good little boy," Rema said through gritted teeth as he sped after a rebel speeder. Only four were left, two attacking Afyon's tank, one attacking Kjerri, and one in Rema's sights. For almost three minutes, the speeder has been weaving back and forth, leaving Rema without a clear shot and leading him away from the main group. He had grazed the speeder many times, but never could get a kill shot. Even though it hadnt been fully hit, all the nicks and dents had caused, thick black to smoke poured out from the back of the speeder. The speeder continued to weave back and forth, and the smoke made it hard for both predator and prey to see.

Enough was enough. Rema pushed the throttle forward and flew ever closer towards the doomed speeder. He continued to fire, forcing the speeder into his sights. Then finally, at the perfect moment, the speeder flew into Rema's sights leaving him with a kill shot. Rema pulled the trigger sending three laser bolts into the back of the speeder. Sparks erupted from the back and it blew apart. Debris and more smoke flew at Rema. He mashed the controls to the left, trying to avoid the pieces of metal. As he was turning, he felt something slam into his back causing him to further lose control of the speeder. As he slowed, he eventually pulled the speeder into control.

Rema made a large arc and headed back towards the wreckage of the rebel speeder. He flew through the wide patch of debris heading back the way he came. As he exited the wreckage, he heard a blaster shot. Instinctively he rolled the speeder, but it was too late. A blaster shot hit his engine causing Rema to spin wildly out of control. He held on tight, trying to regain control, but it was of no use. He grabbed his equipment bag and let go. He was flung from the bike and thrown hard to the ground. He laid there dazed.

He heard his speeder smash into a snow bank not to far away. He slowly pushed himself onto his elbows and checked his body.

"Not too bad. It could have been worse" Rema said to himself.

He laid back down staring up into the sky. Suddenly, wafting over the hill, he heard the crushing of snow under boots. He felt around for his S-2 carbine but saw it laying ten meters away with his equipment bag. He quickly un-holstered his DL-54 auto-blaster pistol and rolled over on his stomach. Only then did he notice the piece of shrapnel lodged in back plate of armor. I think that will actually come in handy.

He slid his blaster under his chest and waited for the rebel to approach. Rema could hear the Rebel coming closer. Ten meters, 5 meters, 2 meters, and then he stopped. He heard it continue slowly and then felt the muzzle of a blaster pressed against his back. Then a hand was on his left shoulder, flipping him over. Foolish Rebel.

When Rema was vertical to the ground, he aimed his pistol at the rebel and shot him four times in the chest. The rebel flew backwards and was dead before hitting the ground. Rema slowly pushed himself up and went over and kicked the Rebel. Satisfied that he was truly dead, Rema went over to collect his things.

After picking up his gear, he went to the top of a large hill and looked in the general direction of Afyon, Kjerri, and Deep Rogue. He opened a channel to them and called for help.

"Anyone, this is Rema. I was shot down about a click away from you guys," he said on the DD frequency." I am slightly injured and in need of pickup." He closed the channel and sat down, hoping that they received that.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"We need Boots! Good Boots! The kind of Boots your mother used to make!"
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
TRP/LCPRema/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P]
[This message has been edited by Rema (edited December 9, 2003 8:16:10 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
December 9, 2003 11:09:22 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Vic'tahr Buschelle kicked the lower compartment of his desk and yelled out a long set a cursing. The base's forces were crumbling around him, and the interior of the base was nothing but a mess of warped metal and melting ice. He called out to his aide, and a young Corporal ran up to his side.

"Shantsa on his way?"

"Yes sir. In fact, he just arrived. He's coming in now, sir."

A long and wide shadow loomed into the room, and Shantsa squeezed through the automated door frame. "You rang, Vic'tahr?"

Buschelle dismissed the Corporal with a slight wave, and then looked at Shantsa. "As incredible and unreasonable as this situation may seem, Shantsa, we've lost to an inferior number of enemies."

"What's your next course of action?"

Buschelle folded his arms over his chest and sat on his desk, "Finish what I started and complete of my goal of killing every single one of those Imperial bastards."

"Go on."

Vic'tahr got up from his seat and walked over to an on-wall computer. He pulled up some 3D schematics of the base and pointed to the numerous white dots that filled the portions of the floors.

"Those dots represent the enemy troops. They're scattered throughout the base - deep within the base. There's one way to kill them all."

Shantsa looked at his superior with confusion, but then realized what the General was thinking of, and closed his eyes.

"If activate the self-destructing charges throughout the base, I can guarantee you that those Imperials will perish in a living hell. Walls would explode all around them, fires would erupt, and the floors would fall beneath them. There would be no survivors, and if there were, they'd either suffocate from the pressure of the debris on top of them or freeze to death a few hours later."

Buschelle pointed to the topmost portion of the 3D base layout. "There are six XP-2000 Black Raptor Speeder Bike's in this cargo hold, and the cargo hold has an opening which leads to the top of the mountain. We can escape from there."

"What about the rest of our forces within the base?" Shantsa pointed out.

Buschelle typed in a command on the console and various green squares began blinking on the screen. "These emergency exits lead directly out of the base. They require a pass code, which our troops know, in order to open. It'll only take them approximately five minutes to exit the base from anywhere in the building. Once you get pass those locked doors, it's a straight shot to the outside."

Shantsa nodded approvingly, "Very well. It's a sound plan."

Bushelle nodded and motioned for Shantsa to come to the console. "I can engage the self-destruct charges from here, but I need both our authorization codes. Your key&"

Shantsa grabbed a chain around his neck and pulled it over his head. He grabbed hold of the key at the end and inserted it into the proper location on the console. Buschelle did the same and entered a few more commands.

"The keys must turn at the same time in order for this to work. On three."

Shantsa nodded as Buschelle began to count aloud. As soon as he said "three", both men turned their keys and heard a low beep. A green lot flickered on in the middle of the console informing them that the self-destruct activation had been successful. Buschelle began typing in more commands.

"I am now setting the time for exactly fifteen minutes&. There." He turned to Shantsa and motioned to the console, "The computer will give one vocal warning to let the troops know of what is going on. I've commanded the computer to make a silent countdown. The Imperials will have one hell of a long way to get out, but our forces will be out in no time."

Shansta grinned and watched as Buschelle began typing in a few more commands.

"What are you doing now?"

Vic'tahr grinned, "I'm giving those Imperials a little more fun. The hull of the Messanger has a good-sized hole in her, and I've just activated the hangar bay's overhead laser turrets. I've also locked down all outer doors and made it so that only my authorization will open them. All interior automated defense systems have been activated as well."

"Why didn't we activate the interior automated defense systems earlier?"

"I have faith in my troops, Colonel, and I was hoping that they would surprise me and turn the tides of this small war. Unfortunately they have failed me in that respect."

Shantsa smirked, "You still have faith in them?"

"Of course. One cannot lose faith in his troops just because of one failed battle. No, Shansta, we have many more battles ahead of us, and our boys down there will do their jobs when the time comes."

Buschelle opened a secure channel to the nearest Rebel base and sent a message to them, sending them the coordinates to their pickup location, and approximately how many troops will be joining them.

"How will the troops get to the pickup zone?" Shansta asked.

"The cargo bay where our Speeder Bikes are also has some Air-2 Swoops. The six Black Raptor's were intended for the officers, and the other three dozen Air-2 Swoops are for our forces."

"Well how in the hell are we going to get three dozen swoops to the escape hatches throughout the mountain?"

Buschelle shook his head, "You weren't at the Base Functions meeting last month, were you? We had all of these topics discussed in detail."

Shantsa shook his head, "Unfortunately I missed it. I had other pressing matters to attend to, many of which, might I add, were of your orders."

Buschelle raised a hand and shook his head, "You're not blaming this on me, Colonel, so just drop the matter. The swoops up top are different than that of the swoops currently on the ground. The swoops and speeder bikes in that top cargo bay were specifically designed and intended for emergency evacuations. Both the swoops and speeder bikes have been programmed to rendezvous with the numerous escape hatches when activated."

Shantsa nodded, "Ok then. Let's go."

Buschelle pressed the correct button to officially deploy the self-destruct charges and walked to the far right corner of his quarters to get a couple of oxygen masks. He strapped the mask onto his face and tossed his XO the other. Once Shantsa had his mask on, the two senior officers hurried out of Buschelle's quarters and into the main control room. Vic'tahr told the officers currently positioned at their stations to head to the upper cargo bay immediately.

--------

A metallic female voice crackled onto the speakers throughout the Rebel base, "Self-destruct charges initiated. Self destruct in fifteen minutes, zero seconds. No further warnings will be announced."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
December 9, 2003 11:41:22 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: What the hell happened to my squad?/OOC:

Seeing as he was the next in command, and rizzit leaving him in charge, Angel tried to organize the remaining Raider and Drill squaddies. Pulling out a datapad he confiscated from a downed tech in the hanger bay, angel scanned over the base schematics.

"Snipes come here." angel said, "i want you to take charge of drill and your fireteam while cosmic is away and secure this corridor."

"Where are you taking Raiders then?" snipes asked in return.

"i want to check out this level 6 floors below us, it seems there are some offices down there according to the schematics, and one really big one that may be the base command office. But i need this hallway secured so we can get back in a hurry."

"ok, you can count on me, no rebel will step foot here and live to tell about it"

"Good man" angel said. He signaled silently to the other raiders to move out. Snake, and Dee fell in step behind him. rounding the corner to the turbolift they needed to take down, they ran smack into a full squad of rebels. not taken by surprise, the rebels opened fire.

Diving back behind the corner, angel could feel heat from his right leg. the smell of burnt flesh filled the air. it was a scent that was unmistakeable to Angel. He could almost taste it. looking down, he saw a clean hole through his armor, and a nice sized hole in the back of his calf.

"Christ, that''s a good 2 hours of bacta." Angel muttered, limping to his feet. He looked up and saw Dee and snake on the opposite side of the corridor. JR and mulat were behind Angel. Pulling out his repeater, Angel nodded to Dee and Snake.

The trio dove from their cover, firing down the hallway. Angel leapt between Dee and Snake. All three held down the triggers on their repeaters, laying down a 6 foot tall stream of fire. screams of pain could be heard from the rebel side. As they hit the ground, the three rolled to their feet. Angel looked down and saw blood trickling from his left arm. Reaching down he pulled out a small peice of shrapnel.

"Great, now their using flechette launchers." Angel shouted to Dee and Snake. Peering around the corner, angel saw that there were still half the rebel squad left. 2 stood behind a heavy repeater, while the other 3 flanked them, 1 with flechette, 2 with blaster rifles. finding himself breathing veyr raggedly and hard, angel saw that the rebels were wearing oxygen masks. Angel opened the com to rizzit.

"Fallen, you better make this quick." Rizzit said. "I've got some officers to chase."

"Well sir, i think it is" Angel replied, "in case you didnt notice, the atmosphere is leaking from the base. We're pinned down here by a rebel squad reinforced by heavy weaponry. I think we can take them, but i've split my fireteam off from the rest of the others."

"YOU WHAT!!!" Rizzit shouted.

"Sir, i think i may know where this Shantsa character is. All i need is to get to this turbolift." angel replied.

"very well, but i still dont think that....' rizzit was cut off as a metallic voice sounded throughout the base

"Self-destruct charges initiated. Self destruct in fifteen minutes, zero seconds. No further warnings will be announced."

"Oh no..." was all angel could mutter...

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 10, 2003 12:09:59 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: I've still got a perspective on part of this.  If my count is correct only one shuttle managed to survive the drop so Wraith may well need another way of planet and if so I have an idea,  I'd just like to know if my count is correct first.  /OOC]

Kuroishi could tell the rebels were not prepared to evacuate.  The transport he was on was little more then bunks, engines and paper thin hull.

If the rebels had been prepared they would have had a bit more formal transport with real accomidations for thier wounded.  The ship he was shoved aboard with everyone else was obviously designed to haul frieght not people, esspecially wounded.

"Hey we're going to F'tral for some reason.  I tried asking the doc why and he doesn't seem to want to tell me."  One patient chatted with another.

Kuroishi's hearing was coming back to normal already.

"Isn't that a prison world?  Why would we be stopping there?"  Another pondered.

"It is because of me."  Kuroishi wasn't quite sure why he had spoken up.

"Why would it be because of you Corperal?"  The first asked.

"It's either Rear Admiral or Sergeant not Corperal.  I just borrowed this uniform off of one of my victims."  Kuroishi now understood.

Even in this situation he couldn't help but try and plant the seeds of fear in his opponents, wounded or not.

"What are you blabbering about?"  The other came back to the conversation as the transport lifted off.

"Or perhaps you'd reckognize my old rank of General a bit better.  Whatever my rank I know I will never know the splendors of heaven and many of my victims eagerly await me in hell.  I wish Geist was here, he was always the one that seemed to come up with all the good religous quotes, after all that's why he was called the Lightbringer."  Kuroishi replied.

"Wait a minute isn't that 'Lightbringer' a member of the Fallne Angels?  What do you know about those psychopaths?"  The first chirped in once more.

"There isn't anything I don't know about them.  The bizzare rituals that thier leader would perform on any prisoners they took in the belief that he was stealing thier souls, all the sick twisted games they would play with thier prisoners like 'don't wake daddy' or my personal favorite 'bring them back alive',  the modern art they created out of thier victims, the Deathwookie's cooking show,  Geist's problem with cannabalism, the shatered wake of bars, the goblin grenades, and most fun of all, the patterns thier leader would make by waiting for his victims to be in the exact right spot before blowing thier head off from his concealed sniper position."  Kuroishi answered as the transport went from atmosphere to vaccum.

"How do you know all that?"  The second puzzled.

"Simple.  I am Great Death Leader of the Fallen.  The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror.  My comrades call me Kuroishi."  Kuroishi answered with a grin of satisfaction.

"You're pulling our legs right?"  The second seemed unconvinced.

"No.  Only a madman or a person with nothing left to lose would make such a claim falsely.  It could get them killed rather then earn respect or admiration.  Despite every thing I have done I only lie to keep a cover, if ordered to, pulling a prank, or when I'm covering for a comrade.  I even keep my word when it is possible."  Kuroishi answered.

What Kuroishi had said was true as far back as he could remember.  He couldn't remember a time when there was no justification for lying or breaking his word and did so.

"Then why aren't you rampaging on us helpless wounded soldiers?"  The first man spoke up.

"I never kill civilians, medics as long as they are clearly marked as medics, or the wounded.  My shooting is such that I tend to not leave wounded, only dead."  Kuroishi answered.

Kuroishi was fairly sure he could get some sleep and wake up later and not find himself killed in his sleep.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
December 10, 2003 1:54:02 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes called his fire team and drill over to him. He looked around and found he didnt know any of them but JR, it was odd for hgim to be surrounded by strangers, even more so sence he had spent so long in RAIDERS. he found the feeling unsettleing, he couldnt trust most people he knew, let alone thos he didnt, too much they may discover.
"Alright Drill i want you to. . ."Snipes was inturruted by a
"OVER THER, IMPERIAL SCUM!" and a hail of blaster fire, little of the fire flew wide, most of it hitting home, snipes grunted with the familiar pain of blaster; he hear drillies scream and mulat gasp. Snipes thanked any and all gods for their armor wich keep the blots from doing any serious damage.
Snipes watched as the men, "his" men stood up slowly and ran for cover while shooting back. nipes tried to issue some order but the drillies wher too frantic, Snipes team and some of the Drillies did respond to hio properly though and they laid down covering fire for eachother to in terns so they could get to any cover. available.
"Sergeant, they apear to be retreating therw a new door"JR pointed out. Snipes knew the "Sergeant" would have normaly been just Snipes, but was used to give the drillies some confidence.
"Alright, PFC, Mandor is it, Get over here and give us some cover fire with that LJ, JR, you help him, here"Snipes said taking his E-11/m and handing it to JR"This should be a bit more accurate than whatever you be using"Snipes nearly gasp at the acent that came off his tongue, it was one of the things nobody needed to know."Mandor hand me that E-11, i can make it work. Every body else, when those two say drop, drop, when they say run, run fast, we are going to try to fallow those bloody insects and see wher that goes. when me and the Drills secure the doorway, JR and Mandor will move up. as we cover them. any questions?"Snipes didnt wait for a reply"No, good. lets move"
Snipes gave them a few seconds to form up, he gave a signal and the duo began laying down some suppresive fire; Snipes rolled forward as he watched Rebels fall and retreat, if the rebels had formed up a decent resistance they could have easily overwhelmed the Snipes group, but as it wass all the troops seemed to care about was getting out. so they cut down many of the fleeing rebels.
"Drop!"JRs familiar voice in his ear
Snipes made the hand signal for drop, Snipes had forgotten to show the drills, but luckily they picked it up and dropped. blaster fire sounded over head as Snipes also sent some at the enemy.
"Run"
Snipes jumped up and ran, they wher about ten feet away and Snipes tossed a thermal into the milling mass of rebels who apeared to be in a state of confusion for some reason, Mulat and two drills fallowed his exaple, the result was many dead rebels and something near a tan.
"You two clean off those leaving up the door, the rest of you keep any more from getting into this hallway. Mulat, you go wiht the guys up the hall." Snipes didnt like sending the drillies off by themselves, but Mulat wasnt much more experianced than one, and that made Snipes uncomfortable.But Snipes didnt have time to dwell on it, he hid behind the door shooing a seemingly endless supply of rebels and useing explosives like candy. . .very expensive and fullfilling candy. Finaly the stream stopped and the tree returned from their foryay up the hall.
"Collect ammo and equipment, bring any survivors to me, exept you two, you keep watch"Snipes said pointing to two sick looking drillies, he thought he had heard one puke in his heltmet earlyer, that would be messy.Snipes searched threw a few bodys, not coming up with much more than a few credits, a small boot-vibroblade and an undamaged Heavy Blaster. Snipes knew some people didnt aprove of looing bodies, but Snipes lived by an old family motto, although he had heard it elsewher also, "All is Fair in Love and War"
"Sir,"Mandor inturupted
"Its SErgeant"
"Yes Si. . .ergeant, we found this one alive. . .barely"
SWnipes then noticed the other Drillie and the body they wher carrying between them.
"Drop him here, ill question him"
The two saluted of all things and left, quite literaly dropping the man. Snipes kneeled down over the man .
"Whats your name?"Snipes asked monotonely
"Major De'theric"The man coffed
"Wher wher you going Major"
"I dont know"
Snipes laughed
"You wher going some wher though?"
"Major Thendser De'theric, 8352100, I dont know"
Snipes rolled his eyes and asked him a few more questions, the man only gave him his rank name and serial number. Snipes shot him uncerimoniously in the fore head as he said his serial number for the seventeenth time.
"Over here!"JR called"We have a live one"
Snipes ran over to JRs possition near th3e middle of the carnage. Snipes reconized the man.Snipes punched him in the face.
"JR, i'll question him, you keep things moving, i dont want that door to be able to shut untill judjment day itself, and secure the area, we might be here awhile."
"Affirmitive"
Snipes turned back to the man sitting against the wall. another thing no one needed to know.
"You betrayed me Bethec, i should tur you over to the true interigators, just for what you did"Things they didnt need to know." how could you just leave me on that god forsaken planet"
Then man only smiled back at Snipes"So thats you Matthias, behind that mask, funny place for you eh? wonder how much your imperial freinds whould like to find out who you realy are? What you realy did before that unfortuneate runn in with the police, before the Emipre fell, im guessing you still tell them your 20, dont you."The man broke off into laughter wich was inturrupted by Snipes punching him again.
"YUou left me on tatooine to die you bloody bastard, i should kill you now. . .but sence i know you can be bribed you'll be of more use to me alive."Snipes reached under the front of his armor and withdrew three thousand credits he kept ther for just such and occasion, and pressed the money into Bethecs hand."Now make youself usefull, i need to know three things, wher dose this passage go, wher is a man named Shansta and how do i shut off this self destruct?"
Bethec smiled
"This passage is an escape routem so we dont all die in the self destruct explosion, Shansta is probably running away, but you should be able to find him in a large office structure a floor or two down, along with "Savior", dont ask, i dont know, im just playing a grunt for a lucritive contract. you cant turn off the self destruct unless you have one hell of a slicer,and i mean a hell of one, and sence i think i smell bile, i doubt you have one. now "Sergeant" can i go. . ."The man stopped as Snipes punched him again, this time knocking him out cold.
"get this man under gaurd, HEAVY gaurd, as heavy as we can afford."

OOC:well realy, i haveta gaurd a hall way, what am i going to come up with but a sick twist to my character and finding one of the escape routes?/OOC

-----------------------
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
TRP/FTC/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH]
Fireteam Captain- Crazy RAIDERS Squad
Sanitys Last Stop
Merrick
ComNet Member

December 10, 2003 7:13:19 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick stopped and looked up. "Well that's great, he'd rather blow his whole base to hell than let us find whatever it is we're supposed to be looking for." She started off again, randomly choosing a way to go, since she didn't actually have any clue where the officer's quarters would be. She checked around another corner before sending Vult ahead, but stopped short of motioning for him to move forward. "Woo, looks like we've hit the jackpot boys." Merrick was whispering to Vult, Hashi and Tylen, who all looked at her curiously. "Command staff, looks like CO and XO, heading our way. Let's set up a little surprise for them when they turn this corner, hm?"

-----

Shansta and Buschelle rounded the corner, finding themselves face to face with an angry looking woman holding a large axe. "Hey guys, what's up?" Shansta turned, only to find a dark jedi and two other troopers behind them. "Now, you will kindly tell me your names and positions. Walking out of here so calmly, I can only assume you are the two responsible for starting up the self destruct." Both men were looking at the woman. She worried Buschelle, people as angry as she looked tended to be rather dangerous. "So don't even think of lying about being the CO and XO of this base, k?"

-----

"Frog, Merrick here." We found the console that was used to arm the self destruct. Care to come take a look at it, oh great slicer in training?" Frog dug his commlink out of his pocket. "Uh, sure thing boss, can't promise anything though." Merrick chuckled. "It's ok, I've got us some nice officers that I'm sure will be happy to help us get out of the base alive, lest they perish here too." Merrick gave Frog directions on how to get to her current location, and switched off her commlink. "So either you can tell us how to shut it down, or I'll get him to see what he can do to your computer system to make it stop." Both officers remained quiet. "Righto." Merrick sat down and rested her axe on her lap. "You ok boss?" Merrick looked up at Vult. "Just fine. Gimme any medical supplies you have in your pack, was silly enough to not bring any myself. Couple of these wounds are getting me down." Vulture handed her enough to deal with her wounds for now. "Thanks, now go make sure those two don't run off." Vult nodded and returned to guarding the two officers, who still refused to say anything at all.

-----------------------
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

December 10, 2003 8:22:58 AM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog strode into the room, with Dragoon and Sokudo in tow, the three of them wielding their repeaters like they knew how to use them. Looking over the situation, Frog's eyes landed first on the computer terminal, then on the two prisoners.

"Nice moustache," he chuckled, eyeing Buschelle up and down.

Grabbing Buschelle by his high-necked collar, he lifted him to his feet, and threw him up against the wall next to the computer terminal, shoved his repeater under his chin and grinned as he spoke, "So, now, how do we shut this thing off?"

Buschelle returned the smile pleasently, almost smugly, before speaking, "You can't. So you might as well just shoot us, and be done with it, eh?"

"Fair enough," Frog said, pushing himself off of Buschelle, he brought his repeater to bear on him. With a slight yelp, Buschelle ducked out of the way, to one side, landing on Vulture's boot. Frog opened fire, cutting a neat hole (or, as neat as you can get with a repeating blaster) around the computer terminal. Walking over, he unceremoniously yanked out the storage units.

Under Vult's evil grin, Buschelle got back to his feet, and brushed himself off with what little dignity he had left. Frog turned to Merrick, "So where did you find these guys?"

Merrick scribbled a quick diagram of what she knew of the lower level's layout, where she'd found the two prisoners, and the direction they'd be heading in.

---------------

A minute later, Jester squad, and its two new prisoners found themselves in a small control room. Merrick had another look back out the door, "This must be it, the way they were coming from, they were either on their way here, or the way we came from, and theres no way they were getting out from there, unless they were going to cut the big one up into quarters to get him through the vents."

Over on the other side of the room, Shansta and Buschelle were starting to look a little bit less composed, under the watchful eye of the rest of Jester. Frog sighed, as he looked around the room. It would take time to find any hidden means of escape from the room, and even longer to get it open and working, without help from the captures rebels, and all that added upto time they didn't have. Looking at his chrono, Frog judged they had another 8 minutes before the place leveled itself.

Frog's concentration was broken by the snap-hiss of a lightsaber, and he turned to see Tylen cutting a door-shaped hole in the wall. Wandering over he raised an eyebrow at Tylen just as he finished.

Tylen shrugged, and said, "The one without any fashion sense kept looking at this particular panel, I got the feeling he was looking to make a run for it, so I played out a hunch."

"Good call," Merrick said, as she joined them, "Looks like a turbolift shaft if ever I saw one."

Frog had a quick peek inside too, "And Tylen's taken care of all the complicated security, I should be able to rig this up to run. I'd say theres only room for three of us to squeeze in at a time, so we're gonna have to do it in shifts."

Merrick nodded, "You take Dragoon and Tylen up there, secure the area, then we'll follow, two Jesters to a prisoner."

Frog mumbled an agreeance as he rigged his datapad upto the lift's controls. A few moments later he was on his way up, crammed behind the other two. The lift glided to a stop, and the door slid open with a quiet swish. The trio stepped out of the lift and Dragoon and Frog cocked their repeaters for effect.

"Ladies, ladies, ladies, this party is over!" Frog shouted, as the pressed the button to send the lift back down.

The small bay was occupied by a few NR officers, as well as a squad of troops, who promptly raised there rifles at the new threat. The squad leader pointed at the three with his pistol and yelled, "Theres only three! Get them!"

Tylen stepped out in front of his two comrades, and ignited his saber again, which made the troops freeze up just long enough for Frog and Dragoon to raise their rifles, and begin firing indiscriminately.

Merrick, Hashi and Buschelle arrived just as the brief and decisive firefight died down, and Merrick surveyed the scene with a pleased expression, "Dead troops and officers with brown pants, you guys are learning quick."

After glancing over the officers, and finding no-one of decent rank, the group tied them up and left them lying against a wall just as Vulture and Sokudo burst out of the lift, gasping for breath. They were followed by Shansta, who, by the look on his face, did indeed know at least some shame for his large girth.

Glancing around, Vult was quick to be first to state the obvious, "There's nothing here larger then a swoop, how are we supposed to transport prisoners out of here?"

Frog shrugged, "Maybe we could ride the big one down the hill like a sled."

Shansta looked taken aback, until he realised, or hoped, that they were kidding. Just then, the room was filled by the sounds of the swoops powering up.

-----------------------
Jester++
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Merrick
ComNet Member

December 10, 2003 8:56:52 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
"We need one of those!" Before Merrick could say much more, Frog had dropped his repeater, jumped on one of the swoops and was trying to switch off the autopilot. The swoop didn't get far from the storage area before he'd managed to switch it off. There were also half a dozen Black Raptors that seemed content with just sitting there, rather than wandering off on their own. Merrick looked from the prisoners, to the swoop and finally at the Raptors. "Hm, more than one of the swoops would have been good, but it will do I suppose." She looked at Tylen a minute before realising how little time they had left. She pulled out her comlink. "Any imperials who happen to be able to hear me, now would be a good time to leave. Find some troops, let them help you out, they seem to have some emergency evacuation procedure organised for just such an event, and my guess is you won't be able to get out if they're all gone already, so haul ass and get as far away from the base as you possibly can. Merrick out." She put the commlink away and looked at the two officers again. She spoke quietly to Frog for a minute, who came out of the conversation with a large grin on his face. Without even so much as pretending to be doing something else, he quickly smacked both prisoners on the back of the head, knocking them both out.

------

"Ugh, Vult, help me get this lardy bastard on the swoop. Don't crush the other one, he's the bloody CO. Thanks." Frog proceeded to tie two of the Raptors to the swoop, in order to tow it after them. "Tylen, it's your lucky day. Since we're one short and you and I are the smallest, we get to share a Raptor." Merrick hopped on one of the Raptors as she spoke. "I'm driving though, you don't get to till you're older." Hashi, Vult and Frog all chuckled. "How long we got, Frog?" He looked at his chrono. "5 minutes boss." Merrick nodded and grimaced. "Lets hope the others got the message and had a bit of luck. Let's get outta here. Frog, Vult, take the ones towing those two. Everyone else, don't get too far ahead of them." With that they all gunned the Raptors and sped away from the base.

-----------------------
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited December 10, 2003 8:59:06 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
December 10, 2003 2:35:08 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury had finally gotten some shut-eye and had missed the main event apparently.

Communications were back up with the planet and the news was not all that fabulous.  A small flotilla of ships had escaped the planet and were astrogated in a path that most likely led to the Calaron sector.

This was damn confusing until the news that Kuroishi had been captured live, which was itself a small miracle.  Knowing him for who he was, Fury knew that he would have to do the unthinkable and the most distateful thing possible.

Calling together a quick meeting of the bridge staff and some representatives from intelligence and communications, he commandeered a conference room and set a holovision set scanning for a particular pirate channel. 

"Um, sir, what is this all about?" asked an Ensign.

"Gimme a minute.  I know the damn network is here somewhere.  Ah! There it is. Right show too."  In the lower right corner of the screen was the show's name, "Death Cooking" with the star of the show barking out some unintelligible nonsense...at least until the translator protocol kicked it. 

"That's a damn wookiee.  What the hell is wrong with it?" asked an Intel weenie.

"You figure it out.  I always though he was Sith-tainted or something.  Those weak of stomach may not want to watch this."

"...and now, we inject some marrow," spoke the Deathwookie wearing the blood-stained 'Kiss the Wook' apron as he cracked what looked like a human femur and scooped the contents into a large pot.

"Impressive," muttered Fury.

"What is sir?" asked the now much paler Ensign. 

"Well, he used to never be patient enough to actually cook his food."  He heard a few gulps.

"Nevermind that.  The reason I am forcing you to watch this atrocity is because we have a captured stormtrooper, who likely got caught either trying to save lives or get to the bottom of our mission.  Or both.

"Either way, he's going to find a way to contact his old buddies, one of them being the star of our culinary program," as he thumbed back at the screen behind him.  "What I need from you guys is a team that will A) watch the show and B) get back to me the moment he brings in a special show about a spice, fungus, or creature from the Calaron sector.  Probably it will be a prison planet like Kessel or Akrit'tar , but it could be a more New Republic-friendly planet.  In any case, a list will be drawn up for it.  Keep at least two people in here at all times.

"And, I sincerely apologize for making you do this."

Fury left the conference room and made it back to the bridge with some of the staff in tow. 

"That's pretty sick General. All this on a hunch?"

"Yeah, and a damn good hunch too."  Coming to the bridge console, Fury found TK-112 still working through the latest dispatches.  "What have we got?"

"A total mess.  A lot of scattered resistance in force strength with a pending self-destruct situation."

"Any reason why we aren't there yet?  I mean, what resources do the enemy have left?"

"Nothing that will take down a VSD, sir.  That, and we've got a critical situation in the fortress and some live big-shot prisoners.  I'm still getting details on it now."

Fury turned around and found the Ensign in a group behind him.  "Don't worry about waking the captain.  Let's make a jump to an orbital patrol of Alzoc III.  Launch the Customs Corvette and whatever fighters we have and start intercepting anything leaving this rock.  The noncombatants have run off and now we start to close the vise."
  -----------------------
PRF/GEN Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited December 10, 2003 2:43:32 PM)]
D-13
ComNet Member

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
December 10, 2003 2:45:28 PM    View the profile of D-13 
D-13 muttered under his breath, "We better get out of here, and fast. No time for niceties now," and reached into his belt, groping for a grenade.

His gloved hand quickly came upon a thermite grenade. The trooper quickly pulled the pin and chucked the grenade around the corner. A staggering explosion followed by chilling screams came from around the corner. Snake and Fallen took a peek around the corner, only to find black spots and shreds of clothing where the rebels used to be. However, something was on the now-exposed inside of the wall.

The troopers went to look, and found something wired to the inside of the metal wall. Instantly, the troopers knew what it was and backed away slowly, even though the announced time was not up. Angel fumbled for his comlink.

"Rizzit? Are you there?!"

"What is it?" came the voice from the comlink, a little winded, it seemed.

"There are explosives! Repeat, there are explosives in the walls! I think it's wired to the entire base."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rizzit halted for a short while and pointed his gun at the nearby corridor wall. Sparks flew from the panel as
a blast erupted from the rifle. Rizzit peeked inside and saw various wires buzzing randomly when his sharp eyes picked up something of a box shape beeping...

-----------------------

TRP/SGT D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE
I love this symbol>
"Warfare is the way of deception"-Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited December 10, 2003 2:48:58 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
December 10, 2003 3:12:16 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon quietly slipped away as Raz and the others loaded cargo and equipment.  No matter what the rest of the squad needed, he owed Kuroishi far more than they could ever accumulate.

As he rummaged through an armory, he went over what he knew so far.

One, Kuroishi was wounded, quite wounded or he wouldn't have been captured in the first place.

Two, he was on board that transport that had just left, probably a medical transport.

Three, from the way they had been treating him, they knew exactly who he was, or at least the officers did.

Four, with that in mind, their first stop would likely be the nearest prison planet to lock him up as long as possible.

With that knowledge, a heavy blaster, two blaster pistols, eight grenades, and a few spare clips for the blasters, Argon started on a plan.

Using one of Tycho's old slicing programs, he hacked into the base computer with the base commander's access codes and checked out a map.

As he had expected, there was an area not listed on the standard issue map, obviously some kind of escape area that could be used in times of emergency.

When the base was blowing up, for example.

Dropping any pretense of order, he ditched for the room listed on the base plan as fast as he could, sending anyone in his way sprawling as he broke any type of record a human could set for speed.

He got there in two minutes, which, by his chronometer, gave him ten more minutes till the base destroyed itself.

For conveniences' sake, he put a beacon down in the bay, lighting up its electronic signature to give the other VE troops somewhere to get to for escape.

He took a look around, there were about two dozen swoops, and three raptor type speeder bikes.

Argon opted for the raptor type, speeding out of the hangar and into the mountains.

Activating the onboard computer, he found that a route had been pre-programmed into it, obviously to an evac point.

Logic dictated that there would be some kind of transport at an evac point, something he might be able to hijack in order to get Kuroishi back.

He spent seven minutes getting there, he hoped that the rest of the VE troops had gotten out of the base and that his beacon had helped a bit.

As he arrived, he found three regular and three raptor style speeders and swoops already there, six rebels standing around them talking.

As his speeder approached, they began to notice and turn in his direction.

Seeing a Whiphid on a speeder that had obviously been intended for an officer they knew probably surprised them, but not as much as when Argon let loose with the laser cannon, blowing their speeders and swoops to scrap, the shockwave scattering the rebels.

Zooming past, Argon tossed a grenade at the area where they had been.

As he turned around, a satisfactory explosion ripped the ground apart.

From where he sat, the area looked clear, but he hadn't been watching to make sure they all died.

Behind him, he heard a dense rumble as the base exploded, he sincerely hoped the escape had gone off well.

Landing, he unslung his heavy blaster rifle and prepared for more Rebels to arrive.

Hopefully he could hijack the transport easily enough, then it would just be a matter of following that medical ship.

[OOC: Sorry for my long absence, Thanksgiving break, then "dead week", then finals week...  But yeah, I'm going to be going on leave again soon, but I hope to at least finish this before I do.  Cosmic, I don't know if it's okay if I kill that commander of yours, if not, I left enough wiggle room to say he's hiding somewhere near there.  Enjoy]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited December 11, 2003 10:47:37 AM)]
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

December 10, 2003 9:16:43 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
[OOC: Thanks for totally ignoring our posts Argon. /OOC]

TK raised a quick shout, to grab Fury's attention, "Sir! We've got contact from the first of the squads, its Jester, apparantly they have a couple of rather high-ranking prisoners, and have managed to flee the base before it blows, they're camped near the Raider's downed shuttle."

"Excellent," Fury said, "The little traffic that's still leaving the planet is more concerned with trying to get past us then anything else, so send them down a shuttle, and make sure its equipped with the proper gear for high profile prisoners, I'm sure Merrick wouldn't bring us just any old two-bit Major."

TK nodded, and began to make the preparations.

-------------------

Frog grabbed some more bits and pieces from the downed shuttle, and threw them on what they were pretending was a roaring fire. Seeing as Jester was one of the few squads without Imperial armour, they were sorely lacking the weather conditioning equipment required to survive for very long in the damn cold out here. Besides, it made a great signal for the other squads to see, assuming they all managed to get out alright.

"So at least we got something out of this sith-spawned mission," Merrick said, before giving the slightest of apologetic looks in Tylen's direction, "The base is destroyed and we, hopefully, have some prisoners that will be of benefit to high command."

Frog chuckled, "Of course, we trust Wraith to destroy the base by compromising the reactor core, and it ends up being the rebels who do it for them, typical."

That gained a few laughs from the other Jesters, but they were interrupted at that point by the low whine of engines, as three shuttles flew overhead, did a quick u-turn, and settled into land about 100m from where they were standing.

Frog raised his rifle, and kept a close eye on the man that emerged from one of the shuttles and headed in their direction at a quick jog. He lowered his rifle, when the man was close enough for him to spot the Imperial rankings, and the man came to a halt in front of Merrick and saluted, "Sergeant! My name is Corporal Elvi Sh'cluthz, my pilots and I are here to take you home," he looked around the Jesters, "Is there, um, anymore of you?"

Merrick shrugged, "We're all thats here, the others either went to a different rescue point, or didn't make it out."

Elvi nodded solemnly, "Well theres enough of you here to fill one shuttle, and I'm sure it'll be a little warmer in there. We can take you back to the VSD and get you debriefed properly, and hopefully discover the situation of the other squads.

Jester piled onto the shuttle, with their two prisoners in tow. Frog peeered through the door to the cockpit as they began their ascent, and a micro-second after his chrono let out three quick beeps, the mountain that was a NR base was lit by blinding flash, tearing itself in half vertically, before the two sides collapsed inwards on each other. He sure hoped the others had gotten out ok, no matter how important, two prisoners were not going to be worth four squads of men.

-----------------------
Jester++
[This message has been edited by Firefrog (edited December 10, 2003 11:51:48 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
December 10, 2003 11:50:48 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel Dee and snake had just finished cleaning up the squad they were battling, when Rizzit came over the com.

"Angel, pull back and get the hell out of there. Meet back up with snipes and pull all our troops back to the sleds, we need to get out of the base NOW."

"Roger that." Angel shut off the com, "Dee, snake, change of plans, were evac-ing now. We've got 7 minutes to grab the rest of raiders and drill and get back to our sleds."

Angel opened the com to Rizzit again, "Sir, what about Shansta? what happened to our objective?"

"It appears as though Jester stole him from us. They captured him and a general  down in the control room as they were trying to escape. Cosmic and I are on our way back to you now, turns out those two officers were full of crap, so cosmic...umm...'dispatched' them."

"roger that, wish we could have done our job, but hey, as long as it gets done right?" Angel responded.

Dee snake and angel reached Snipes and the others as they were cleaning up the mess they made.

not even pausing to chat, angel shouted over his shoulder "Snipes move out!!!"

he heard the Drillies fall in step. Angel picked up the pace, doubling his speed. He reached what remained of the first blaster door he had downed, then reached the hanger bay door. Carelessly sprinting through, he had only the slight wrrrrr of the turbolasers to warn him as they tracked him and opened fire. The first blast hit to his left, sendig him flying across the bay. The next blast hit where he used to be standing.

Through the smoke laser fire and chunks of duracrete flying through the air, he heard a distinct scream. Crawling for cover behind some crates, he looked back and saw Mulat screaming in pain. As the dust settled Angel realized that mulat only  had 1 leg left. Once again the stank, rotten smell of charred flesh filled the room, and Angel's throat filled with bile. Seeing the rest of Drill and Raiders dive for cover, the turbolasers tracking their every move, Angel whipped around his X-1 to try and take out the cannons.

WOW, he thought, this thing has gotten lighter then he looked down and saw that the turbolaser blast had cleanly removed half of his rifle. Throwing the useless weapon aside, Angel caught a glimpse of Rizzit and Cosmic taking cover just outside the hanger door. Looking back Angel saw the lasers tracking back to Mulats position.

Dropping his pack he sprinted for his fallen comrade. i'm not going to make it was the only thought running through his mind. he reached Mulat and shoulder checked him out of the way just as the turbolaser opened fire.

the bolt hit behind Angels left foot. sending him flying once more. the intense heat melted his armor, searing it into the back of his leg. he screamed in pain, then plowed into the hanger wall. he felt ribs crack, and saw stars in his eyes. then the stars faded out of view, and the world began to spin. he tried to pick himself up, but his legs refused to move. he looked over and saw rizzit running towards him.

The corner of his vision began to fade to black as he saw the lasers tracking back to him. Then all he knew was darkness, and the world faded from him...

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
December 11, 2003 9:10:38 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
As Mandor jumped for cover behind a steel crate he saw Fallen go flying through the air and a split second later Mulat's leg getting rip apart. The squads where under fire from the turbo laser effectivly pinning them down.

" Only 5 minutes left we gotta move NOW!" Mandor yelled over the noise of the laser.

"We cant go anywhere, if we try to move that laser will shred our whole squad" some other Drilly yelled.

just then Mandor had an idea. He pulled two adhesion disks from his pack as well as two MKII heavy gernades.He looked at the laser and estimated its range to be about 20 feet. He took the two adhesion disks and attached the gernades to them.

As the laser started trollnig for another shot on Fallen Angel, Mandor jumped from his cover pulled the pins and threw hoping with all the hope he could muster it would hit the laser.
Mandor jumped back behind his cover and heard a metalic "clink", followed shortly after by a massive explosion.

Mandor stuck only his head out far enough to peek. SUCCESS!! the laser was sparking and sitting in two pieces. He gave a heavy breath of relife.

He looked over and saw Mulat still writhing in agony and Fallen Angel was being shook by Rizzit.
Mandor got up and ran over to Mulat. He looked at the leg and saw a pool of blood pouring from his leg. He bent down and grabbed a pair of imperial boxer shorts from his bag and started to teal a long strip.

He tied the strip around the remains of Mulats leg. Just then Mulat stuck his head up and was shaking. "O god, GOD!"he yelled. Mandor pushed his head back down and took off his helmit.

"You gotta shut up if you want to live, if you start freakin out your gonna raise your heart beat making ya bleed to death" Mandor said.

"aww man im not gonna make it you know im not"
"SHUT UP" mandor almost screamed.
Mulat started to quiet down. He looked very close to death.
Mandor looked up from Mulat and saw the rest of Drill and Raiders fashoning some kind of sling / cot to carry Angel in. They had to get out. only 4 minutes left.

Mandor ran over to Fallen Angel and helped Rizzit and the others lift him onto the jerry rigged cot. They strapped him on with some rough industrial straps used to hold missles to carts.After they had him well secured Rizzit yelled to make another cot for Mulat.

They took a large piece of diamond plate and blasted 4 holes in it for more straps. They put Mulat on the metal slab and tied the strapps very tightly. Mandor and the rest of Raiders and Drill picked up the two soldiers and started running for the exit.

They made their way outside and started jogging up a hill on the west side of the base on the other side Rizzit gave the order to set a parameter.

"Move it full circle defensive position one the double!"Riz yelled.

Mandor and the others made a full circle around Rizz and the two injured comrads. Mandor pulled a smoke signal gernade from his pack, pulled the pin and threw it about 30 yards away. All they had to do now was wait for an Evac thoght Mandor.

Just then They felt the ground shake and heard a defening rumble as the base imploded on itself. Mandor felt numb after being shakin so much. He looked up and saw a large pillar of smoke rising above verifying the fact that the base was no more the rubble.

Mandor heard Rizz talking on the Com calling for any transports to get here ASAP.

About ten minutes later a comforting voice came over the com spitting out Empire verification code.His ship landed about 40 yards away just beyond the smoke signal still spittingt out green smoke.

Drill and Raiders picked up their injured men and put them onboard then filing on themselves.

Rizz yelled to the pilot "fly about 100 feet up i want to scan for the other squads." the pilot nodded his head in agreement and lifted off the ground. They flew low to the ground with Rizz by the hatch scanning the ground for others. After about 20 minutes without seeing any of the other squads Rizzit told the pilot to head back to the Dominion

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Mandor (edited December 11, 2003 12:47:19 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:00:20 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 250  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >