Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Doomsday Savior
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
  RE: Doomsday Savior
November 30, 2003 11:37:52 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC] I'm late to the show, but I've gotten a lot of questions about the sleds you are using.  Here is a pic of what the original craft looks like.  Just imagine an actual floor to the cargo area with an enclosed box for crew members.  Add a couple more weapons and voila - a rugged, common army surplus vehicle used all over the galaxy. Enjoy it. [/OOC]

"Sir, isn't that like your third cup of coffeine?" asked the ensign doing bridge duty on the dog watch.

Fury looked down at his cup.  "Since when?"

"Well, since I came on shift an hour ago."

"You might be right.  I probably do need a trip to the 'fresher in a minute."

"That's not what I meant...." Fury waved him off.  Truth was, he was nervous.  The army had been gutted and retooled.  Only a couple squad leaders remained from the last major campaign the Corps had undertaken.  Others had been brought back, a few had been pressed into duty they were certainly trained for, but perhaps not personally prepared for.

That, and the fact that if a New Republic patrol swung by, there was gonna be one hell of a fight to get back to Imperial space intact.

The Dominion was parked waaaaay the heck out at the fringe of the Alzoc system.  Basically they were there to provide an orbital bombardment in the event the mission failed.  Not that anyone expected it to work with the base being in a mountain, but there was nothing like slagging any biologicals present in the face of disaster.

Other than that, it was up to the VSD to take all comers arriving into the system.  Comms hadn't detected any signals coming off the third moon of Alzoc, but that didn't mean someone hadn't squelched out a distress call.

For now, all he had to do was drink hot drinks, try to stay awake, and hope his troopers came through this mission alright.

-----------------------
PRF/GEN Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  221
Total Posts:  96
December 1, 2003 9:01:54 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
TK-112 sat at his station down in the comms pit onboard the VSD Dominion, listening to what little radio chatter there was down on Alzoc III. It was his job to sort the information gathered from the operation, and co-ordinate the ground forces where needed. With all five squads down there, all with seperate missions, it was crucial that they were aware of each other's location and actions to avoid unwanted accidents. Unfortunately there was very little he could do at this point, all the squads hadn't even made it to the hanger yet. Suddenly a red light began to flash on his console, indicating that he had an incoming transmission.

---

Clambering up the hull of the corvette, Frog hauled himself onto the upper deck. Sokudo was already well ahead of him, and standing at one of the consoles. Wandering over, Frog looked down at the screen.

"Not bad eh? This should help us get the job done quicker," Sokudo said with a smile.

Frog smiled back, "Base schematics, excellent, least we won't be totally wandering in the dark now. Shame it doesn't have points of interest labeled, but its a long shot better then nothing."

Frog passed his datapad to Sokudo, "See about uploading it onto here for me would ya, I'm gonna try and get a message to the Dominion."

---

TK flicked a switch on the console, and spoke into his headset, "This is the ISD Dominion, please identify yourself, over."

Frog's voice came back over the comm, "It's about time, how many relays do I have to go through to get to someone who'll talk to me! That you TK, you doing mission control for us?"

TK put emphasis on using Frog's rank, "Yes Corporal, nice to hear from you too, what've you got for me?"

"Heh, yeah sarge, we found some base schematics, thought you might be able to use them to our advantage, transmitting now."

TK took a few minutes to look over the base layout, listening to Frog's description of the hanger bay, vehicle bay and the maintanance passages behind them. Browsing the squads missions, he tried to see what sort of plan he could formulate for them.

Frowning, TK spoke into his headset again, "It looks like theres a section missing off the bottom here Corporal, are you sure its the full thing?"

After a few moments, Frog replied, "Oh so you are still with us, yeah now I look it does seem a bit odd. Looks like these turbolifts in the control room don't go all the way down there, but they go close. I'll see if we can get down there and check it out."

"Excellent, I'll see to guiding the other squads to their goals," TK went to cut the link.

"Hold up," Frog said, "Merrick took her team down the other way of the maintenance tunnel, can you make out if theres anyway down into the base from it?"

TK scanned the document, and traced the access tunnel down away from the hanger before replying, "You can get into the air condition vents from there, and they seem big enough to squeeze people in, as long as they're not wearing armour. From there it leads too... heh... first stop, the base's secondary barracks, Merr should have fun there."

Frog's laugh came back through the comlink, "Oh yeah, I bet she will!"

TK clicked off the comlink and began began radioing the other squads to pass on the information.

-----------------------
(-Vast Empire-) Corporal Thomas "Firefrog" Phennir
TRP/CPL Firefrog/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Jester++
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
December 1, 2003 9:25:34 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
After passing on the message to the other squads, TK sat in his chair as he watched what was happening through the camera placed inside the helmets of the troopers.
"This is going to be a long and boring one..."TK thought to himself. "The stupid armoury ran out of armours...I hate these stupid looking leather jerkin, Damn these garrison uniforms" TK mumbled. "How are they going Sergeant?" A voice asked from behind. TK turned around and quickly gave a salute to the General. "Well Sir, from what I can see, Corporal Phennir has found the base schematics and Senior Sergeant Merrick will most likely be arriving in the secondary barracks in about five minutes or so." TK replied.

-----------------------
Sergeant David "TK-112" Bowman
Advisor - Ground Co-ordinator [Alzoc III]
Ex-Squad Leader 1.2SQD 
ADV/SGT TK-112/VSD Dominion/VEA/VE [CoR]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
December 1, 2003 10:06:00 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Warning this was written under the influance of a respectable headache.  Enjoy.  /OOC]

Kuroishi looked down at his display of where he was.  He was already in a room that wasn't on the map.  Not suprising.  Everything about this facility was secure, so it stood to reason no one computer would have the entire schematic of the base.  At least it gave the squads a good starting point.

Dropping his duffle, Kuroishi motioned Wraith to him.

"We're a little undermanned to split up in this situation.  We're inside a tightly designed facility.  That means like the CR-90 we're going to be doing lots of close quarter fighting.  The Messenger is our emergency ride out of here and if we have to, it's packed to the brim with what supplies we could muster on such short notice.  We won't be able to use these uniforms for too much longer with the video survalance they have in this facility, but let's use the element of confusion while we have it.  Tyummk, I know this is your first mission.  Stay near us and you'll be okay.  Let's rock."  Kuroishi said as he pulled some blasting blocks out of the duffle and placed them on his belt.

Kuroishi took point and had Argon bring up the rear.  The area they were in appeared to be an administrative area.  Kuroishi figured they'd be able to find a few usefull things.

With a few hand signals Kuroishi waved Argon and Lukas Yuy to cover the other two entry points that kuroishi could see from his position.  With another hand signal Raziel began looking through the desks.

Pulling his tool box out of the duffle Kuroishi handed Tyummk a computer diagnostic readout pad.

"Plug it into that camera there and tell it to run subroutine 69 alpha.  When you're spec ops you gotta have many skills."  Kuroishi said pointing out the camera.

Tyummk looked puzzled but obeyed.  Infact there was something strangely unsettling about Tyummk to Kuroishi.  Time for that later.

"Got it.  Now what?"  Tyummk replied as he hooked the pad to the camera and started the subroutine.

"When it's done bring me the pad and we'll have some fun."  Kuroishi said.

"Wraith squad report."  TK-112's voice came over the comm.

"Well you can see our suroundings.  Currently attempting to locate security center for this floor.  Alert all squads subroutine six nine alpha will be in effect on all NR security camera displays upon location and siezure of security center.  After that we'll nab some security clearances and head down as deep in the base as possible."  Kuroishi replied.

"Sounds good.  What is subroutine six nine alpha any way?"  TK-112 replied.

"You don't want to know."  Kuroishi replied shuddering at the bad memories that haunted his nightmares.

"Here you go sir."  Tyummk broke in handing the pad to Kuroishi.

"How's that diagnostic pad going to tell us where the security center is?"  Raziel inquired searching desks.

"Simple it did a trace route on the cable conecting the security camera to the computers in the security center.  I modified the command so it can tell us distance and bearing.  Now we can just follow the wires in the plennum, sorry, false cieling and compare with our map and we'll have found them.  Argon if you would please."  Kuroishi gestured toward the false cieling.

[OOC: Eh oh let's go.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
December 2, 2003 2:39:01 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Holding on for the fast and bumpy ride, Rema looked back at the other sled and found it almost 60 meters behind theirs.

"Corporal Kairo, the other sled is pretty far behind, shouldn't we wait for them. We are stronger in numbers."

"I know Lance Corporal, but we need to get to the base. We are already behind schedule" said Kairo glancing back at the two troopers behind him. "You let me worry about the other sled, you and Kjerri just make sure we get to the base in one piece, got it?"

"Yes Sir." Rema and Kjerri said in unison.

Rema turned forward and began sweeping the area with his eyes looking for anything suspicious. He switched his helmet so it would read heat signatures and looked around again. Nothing.

"Sir, how much farther until we arrive at the base?" asked Kjerri.

"We should be there any minute now," replied Kairo. Rema was gonna pipe in, but something caught his eye. Directly in front of them and to the right, a heat signature was moving quickly to the right.

"Ok guys, get ready, just over this hill should be the entrance of the base. Check your weapons and get ready to go." yelled Kairo to all the DD members in both sleds. Rema barely heard what he was saying. He was looking at the heat source that was growing larger and larger. Suddenly, a jolt of fear quickly passed through him.

As the first sled flew over the last hill, a curse sounded from Kairo. The sled, turned hard left and started to shake. The second sled came over the hill, guns ablaze. DD had just run into a squad of Rebel Re-enforcements.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."

"We need Boots! Good Boots! The kind of Boots your mother used to make!"

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

TRP/LCPRema/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
December 2, 2003 8:39:13 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
The man's bald head glistened in the well-lit room as he stared at the rows of video monitors in front of him. There were several security cameras in each room on every floor, including the hangar bay, and he was now closely eyeing the progress of the invaders. The video feed relayed no audio, but he could see that the squad leaders of the army-in-white were issuing various orders via hand movements.

The lean man didn't really have a muscular build, but that was replaced by an impression of authority. His clothing was simple, yet discrete. He wore a purple robe with an animal-skinned vest. The vest had a collar which reached up to the base of his skull, and the large sleeves of his robe had a very compelling look about it. The man himself had almost a pale-white skin tone, and very dark black eyes to contrast with it. His dark-brown colored mustache began above his upper lip and ringed around his mouth before meeting again at the bottom of his chin.

A low beeping sound interrupted his thoughts, and he called the individual outside the automated door in. A young man in a New Republic uniform walked hastily into the room and held out a report.

"I'm sorry to disturb you in your quarters sir, but I thought you might want to read this. The Imperials have taken the hangar bay and our forces are being pushed back. Their control is spreading, and rapidly I might add."

The bald man nodded and quickly read the casualty and conditions report. He folded the paper and tossed it onto his wooden desk before folding his arms over his chest. "Send seven more squads down to intercept the Imperials, and close the blast doors in every bay and on all floors. Remove high-personnel security access as well. Only I will be able to open these doors now. Triple the guard in the reactor room, and set charges in corridors three, seven, eleven, and twenty on all floors. Be sure to spread the word to the officers to keep their troops and themselves away from those locations. Those Imperials won't get far."

The young enlisted man was awe-stricken at the sudden quickness and tact that his superior used when explaining his strategy. "I've never heard of a strategy like that before, sir."

"That's because only the Empire knows of these kinds of strategies, Sergeant."

The Sergeant raised an eyebrow and lifted a finger, "Now, if these are Imperial strategies, won't those Stormtroopers eventually figure out what kind of strategy you're using and begin a contingency plan to bypass those areas?"

The older man nodded, "Eventually, but not before half of them are wiped out. Now, go and give those orders, Sergeant."

The young man gave a grin and nodded, "Yes sir."

Vic'tahr Buschelle, whom the Rebels have codenamed the "Savior", redirected his attention back to the monitors and continued to his observations.

Cosmic walked into the hangar bay with the Drill following closely behind him; their E-11s raised up and their trigger fingers twitching. Cosmic had scanned the room for any Rebel activity before dropping his arm holding his Carbine to his side as he walked into the first bay. He spoke into his comm. link, "Ok people, nothing to see here. Let's actually start getting to base now. Sergeant Major," Cosmic turned to face Rizzit, "You're squad is more experienced. You take the lead into the corridors. We'll cover your backs.

------------------------------
OOC: NO ONE is to post about what goes on behind enemy lines besides myself, Rizzit, Peacemaker, Fury, and Merrick.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 2, 2003 10:30:08 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I'll do my best to hold to that.  Everybody ready for subroutine 69 alpha?  If you want to know exactly what that is e-mail me or talk to me privately on IRC.  I will not post such details on this net due to our ratings limitation and subroutine 69 alphas explicit content.  /OOC]

It had taken half an hour to figure out the computer layout and trace down the security center on ground level, but Wraith was closing in slowly and carefully.

Kuroishi watched through the thermal sights of the binocs and started counting personel waiting around the next corner.

With a quick motion Kuroishi tossed a flashbang around the corner and Wraith followed instantly after the blast.

All four members of the patrol were accounted for.

The security center itself would be more significantly guarded.

The rebels did not dissapoint.

Kuroishi gave a few hand signals and began the march to the access hatch on this side of the corridor.

Checking the schematics he security center was shown but not labled.  It had three more entry points.  The one Wraith was about to go in, one on the oposite side, and two that probably lead to a detention area.

Something in the back of Kuroishi's mind clicked.  This could get interesting.

A series of hand signals alerted Wraith to get back while Kuroishi worked.

Pulling out his tools Kuroishi set to work on the section of wall next to the door.  After only a couple moments of materiel strength analaysis and torching Kuroishi grabbed two blocks of door openers and placed one on the door and one on the wall.  Kuroishi set the timers ten seconds apart with the one on the wall to detonate second.

"What's up boss?"  Raziel asked as Kuroishi returned to the squad.

"A little trick the VPDF Marines learned to use to capture enemy ships.  Everyone expects the attackers to come in through the door, so most people design the field of fire of a space to provide a choke point and as much overlapping fire as possible.  So we're not going through the door."  Kuroishi answered as the first charge went off.

On que the second charge went off as well.

"Allright let's go boys."  Kuroishi said laying down supresion fire with a blaster carbine.

Kuroishi couldn't help but note as of late the missions were requiring close quater weaponry.  He wished he'd had time to call up the Sweetums for the delivery of some slugthrowing submachine guns but he'd have to settle for a blaster carbine instead.

Raziel felled two guards in his ussual quick and proficient manner.  Argon showed off by blasting three.  Lukas and Tyummk took one each.  Kuroishi sacraficed his kill count to one in order to provide sufficient suppression fire to allow the squad to advance.

"Tyummk time for some more on the job multi-skill training.  Let's see how quickly you can connect this device to the computer and get it working.  If basic training didn't skimp out on thier computer operations training this should be a piece of cake for you and give you a bit of experience.  Everyone else gets to watch an entry point."  Kuroishi said as Tyummk sat at the computer and carefully recieved the same diagnostic pad from before.

Within five minutes Kuroishi was rewarded with the JETHRO DROID Video Productions Logo on the screens of the security camera monitors.

"Kuroishi we got trouble.  These ain't detention cells, they're barraks."  Lukas shouted as the clatter of several people approaching.

"Allright programs running.  Nothing they can do about it without destroying thier own security monitoring computers now.  Good job Tyummk.  Now let's leave out friends a suprise and get the hell out of here."  Kuroishi said as Argon was way ahead of him.

Kuroishi started a timer on one of his door openers and tossed it near Lukas Yuy's position.  Argon did the same at the other barrack entry point.

"All squads subroutine six nine alpha is now in opperation.  I don't know how much cover from video survelance we have now but it's better then what we used to have.  If you don't want nightmares that will haunt you for the rest of your life do not look at any security camera monitors on the levels controled by the security center on the ground floor."  Kuroishi said taking rear guard as Wraith ran out of the security center.

Kuroishi was bummed he couldn't get any security clearances but he was pleased with the dual explosions and the screams of many NR troops caught in the blast of 2 kgs of C-8.

"Let's regroup in this area up coming on our left while I figure out how to get to the reactors."  Kuroishi said after he was certain that no one has managed to follow them.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
December 3, 2003 7:52:05 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OCC I'm back. Let me see what I can do about those re-enforcements Rema. You just had to make it difficult huh.  OOC)

As Kairo sled shot over the rift, he saw about 10 gun emplacements and 15 rebel sleds that look like they would pack a punch. "Damn." Kairo choked out as he twisted the controls to the left as soon as the sled hit the ground. "This is going to be harder than I tought. Let us see if those sleds can keep up with that much fire power on them. Rema and Kjerri, I want you two to take out the gun inplacements first, Got that!" Kairo said as he swerved the sled to the side and hopped over another snow rift.

"Yessir." Rema replied as he opened his guns on the turrets. "It would be easier if those sleds weren't shotting at us also." Rema said as an explosion went when both Rema and Kjerri hit a turret with there laser implacements at the same time.

"I'll deal with those," Kairo said as he dogded another lancing laser. Scanning around for Afyon he saw him fighting off 7 of the rebel sleds. "I guess that means we have eight. How luckky." Sending the sled straight for a snow mound he put it in overdrive.

"Sir with all due respect, ARE YOU CRAZY!?" Kjerri yelled over the howling wind.

"Well probobly, but this should work." Kairo said as he went over the mental calculations again. 'It should work." He whispered to himself. When they were only 30 feet away three of the Rebel sleds pulled off. "Ok guys when I say go I want you to turn your guns on the sleds. Got that?" there was no time for a reply. Kairo sent the sled straight torwards the snow mound. When they were almost abought to crash, he turned off the power and pulled a 180 on the slick ice underneath them. "FIRE!" Kairo said as the sled slammed into the mound, causing a load scraping noise.

Both of the guns on the sled opened up on the sleds. But when only 3 were still heading towards them. The other two had rammed right into the cliff at a dead speed, causing their sleds to flip up and explode. Kairo pulled out his heavy gun and started firing. A blaster bolt whizzed over his head shortly followed by two explosions. The third sled had pulled off.

"Sir, Please don't do that again." Rema gasped as his head started to stop spinning.

"Well we got 4 of them. That makes it easier." Kairo replied as he started the engine up again. "Kjerri scan for Afyon."

"On it" Kjerri said, but before he could even open up his scanner, Afyon's sled rocketed off the cliff above them closly followed by 3 sleds. "Found them"

suddenly realizing what Afyon had planned, Kairo took control of the guns and aimed them as the backs of the three sleds. With the combined brunt of firepower from the front and their rear, the sleds were shortly turned to scrap. Afyon pulled a u-turn and came up beside Kairo.

"Hey looks like mine are gone. How about you?" Afyon said joshingly.

"Well we still have four to go. Want to play chicken?" Kairo replied.

A smile broudened over Afyon's face beeneath his helmet. "Sure why not. A little early in the morning for that, but I didn't have breakfast."

A small graon was heard from Rema," How come I don't like the sound of this."

(OOC Have fun with that Afyon. Unless I have time later you will probobly get to it first. OOC)

PS. The sled could only manuever like that because of the ice and snow. Plus just some nice manuevering
-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
SL/CPL Kairo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve[CDS]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited December 3, 2003 8:31:11 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
December 3, 2003 8:26:03 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Rizzit called the Raiders to him and got them reassembled. "OK troops were moving into the base. Fireteam 1, Angel, Dee, and Snake, you guys take point. Fireteam 2, cover the flank, Drill is bringing up the rear. Remember, were only here to keep troops off of Wriaths and Jester. Angel, place explosives as you go in case we need to make a quick exit. Dee you and Snake are in charge of suppressing fire if we run into trouble."

The Raiders all nodded in agreement, and took their designated formation. Angel saw Cosmic throwing Drill together, the new recriuts looking more and more relaxed every second. Just wait until things start to get hairy Angel though tot himself, I hate being stuck with the greenies.

Taking point, Angel opened the blast door at the far end of the hanger. Dee and Snake entered and fanned out, repeaters drawn. Angel came through next, placing a detonation pack on the doorway as he passed through. The rest of the raiders filed through followed closely by Drill. None of them knowing the surprises that awaited them further in the base.

OOC: Sorry its short and pointless i know, but im a little confused on where to take Raiders and Drill. /OOC:

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 3, 2003 8:29:00 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 3, 2003 10:12:13 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: Well I'll go ahead and give my evil idea a shot and see how it goes.  /OOC]

Kuroishi was glad they managed to elude persuit for now.  It gave him time to figure out what to do about the blast doors.

Slicing would take too long and there was no cover to hide from the roving patrols.  Blowing them open with explosives was an option but if Kuroishi's sneaking suspicion was correct, there would be far too many to blast through and still blast the reactors.

A different approach would be needed.

Kuroishi looked at the map of the ground floor.

A strange and brilliant idea hit him.

Why go through the doors when you can go around them.

All Kuroishi needed to do was keep his depth constant and watch his compas and he could get around a few of the blast doors.

Pulling the cutting torch from his tool box Kuroishi started to work on one of the ice walls of the room Wraith was occupying.

"Argon stay out of sight.  I don't know if there are any Whiphids in this garrison or not but let's not take our chances.  We'll open the blast doors from the other side and let you through. until then stay hidden.  Raziel if a patrol askes what we're doing direct them to me, I'll take care of it.  Without the cameras these NR uniforms of ours still serve some use.  Fill you canteens while you got this opportunity.  After they are full Lukas, Tyummk grab what ever will hold water we'll need to seal this behind us."  Kuroishi said as a tunnel was begining to form.

The water was refreezing quickly but thanks to Tyummk and Lukas at least it was refreezing behind the four troopers as they crawled slowly through the ice.

"Boss you sure this is such a good idea?"  Raziel said as he watched the slow inching forward.

"Don't worry only about another fifteen minutes and we'll be on the otherside of the first blast door in our path."  Kuroishi said as he watched his progess and was carefull to maintain level.

If Kuroishi was not carefull about maintaining a level surface nothing Tyummk and Luas could do would keep them from becoming trapped and froze to death.

This was one major gamble but it was thier best chance to get on the far side of a blast door.

The sweat and cold was starting to play havoc on the Wraiths not used to working hard in cold conditions.  While Kuroishi was not immune to the effects of cold he grew up and a world not much different then this.  The gravity was higher and since Kuroishi wasn't sure if this was the warm season or the cold season there was no way to compare tempatures.

Slowly the four troopers tunneled.  At this rate it would only be a few more minutes.

Each second draged on forever.  Each inch seemed to take a day of tunneling.  The bleak sheen of white offset by the light of the torch and a few irredescant glowsticks.  Kuroishi wouldn't mind carving himself a vacation home out of this ice block and maybe even spend his retirement here.  First things first, they had to destroy the reactors.

"If there is another patrol on the other side of the wall they will notice us here in a couple seaconds.  Raziel leave them a suprise."  Kuroishi said as he checked his bearings and the map.

As if by magic the four troopers piled out of the tunnel.  As expected there was a squad of troopers there to meet them.

"You wouldn't believe it the number four most wanted man of the New Republic is tunneling in right behind us.  We managed to slow him down by sealing the tunnel behind us."  Kuroishi said before anyone else could say anything.

"You heard him men, this will be a turkey shoot.  We'll bag this Robert Lee no problem.  Delta team you go in the rest of us will cover you from here."  The enemy seargeant barked.

Kuroishi gave the thumbs up to Raziel behind his back.

Raziel stealthfully pushed the trigger and the team of men sent into the tunnel would remain in the tunnel.

Seemlessly Kuroishi kicked the SL in the groing and blasted the trooper behind him and to the right.

Raziel in his blinding speed fell the last two with his throwing knives.

"There will be another squad out there patrolling, so let's get these doors open quick."  Kuroishi said reaching into his tool box.

As anticipated there was maintenacne access to the blast door.  Kuroishi had trouble squezing in in his borrowed NR armor and uniform.  Kuroishi studied the motors for a moment then set to work.

A moment later the blast doors opened.

"Argon the door's open, get a move on."  Kuroishi commed.

Argon Viper trotted through the door a moment later.

Closing the blast door again Kuroishi looked around to see where they actually were.

"Raziel grab the NR troopers comms, we'll get to listen in now too.  Let's find another place to hide out for a minute.  We won't be so lucky next time."  Kuroishi returned his toolbox to his dufflebag.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited December 3, 2003 10:14:28 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
December 3, 2003 1:08:37 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
The two sleds increased to full speed and charged at the remaining four Rebel sleds.  Afyon suddenyl veered sharply to the left, three of the four oncoming sleds turned to follow the slower, heavier laden sled while one turned to follow Kairo and his men who had turned to the left.  Kairo's sled easily began to pull away from the rebel sled and the firepower coming from the rear of it began to take its toll on the rebels.  Suddenly, the rebel driver was struck  right in the face, blowing off most of his head and sending the rebel vehicle veering out of control into a snow bank.  Kairo turned and raced towards the rear of the three rebel sleds in hot pursuit of Afyon who was making wild maneuvers to avoid their fire.

Kairo's sled was rocked by the explosion of the speeder they had destroyed, the right rear of the sled shook violently and debris fell off into the snow.  The sled began to push slightly to the left causing Kairo to keep tight on the controls.  Afyon meanwhile and turned and was making his way right towards Kairo.  The sled was smoking on the front right and one of the forward guns was not functioning.

Kairo ordered his men to prepare to unleash all of their power on the right hand side once the rebels were in range.  As their sled approached Afyon's Afyon veered to the right opening  up the front left of his sled but leaving a clear firing lane for Kairo's.  Kairo gave the order to fire and a torrent of shots raced towards the rebel sleds.  Afyon's sled blew up the front gun of the lead rebel sled and sent it crashing down as the front repulsorlifts failed.  The explosion of the sled visibly damaged the other two which were quickly polished off by Kairo and his men.

Just before the furthest most sled was destroyed, it unleashed a volly at the vulnerable side of Afyon's sled blasted a hole in the front left of the sled. "Dammit!" Afyon screamed as a sharp pain sheered through his left arm.  The repulsorlift coils of the sled remained engaged and after a quick second, Afyon grabbed control and turned towards the entrance to the hanger bay.  His front guns were completely destroyed.  The two sleds arrived at the entrance to the base and opened fire on the weak defenses on the outer perimeter of the base.  Once they were deeper inside the base the defense would be much stronger.  The two sleds crashed through the barrier and fired wildly at the guard stations and gun emplacements destroying one of the guns and both stations.  The men continued to fire at the enemy troops as they arrived at the entrance to the hanger.  Both sleds turned so that their sleds blocked the path to the entrance and the left guns were facing the enemy troops.

"Everyone in the front and right out now!" Afyon shouted as he opened the sled and jumped out.  He hit the ground and rolled behind the sled and after a quick second, he reached in and grabbed his E-11.

Afyon then ran around to the back of his sled along with Slash and the two began to pull the equipment bags out of the sled while the rest of his fireteam worked the guns of the sled.  Within a minute, the equipment was out of the sled.  Afyon raced to the door, noticing on the way that Kairo and his men were doing the same.  Afyon quickly opened the hanger door, the security system had been disengaged by the other squads.  he then ran back to the sleds.

"Alright get this equipment inside, when it is all in, everyone make a run for the door and we will lock it.  Move!"  Afyon yelled over the com as he grabbed several bags and ran for the door just as a blast from a heavy gun smashed the empty equipment rack of the sled.  Mars jumped away just in time.  He grabbed some bags and ran towards the door along with Afyon and Slash.

-----------------------
ASL/SST_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
December 4, 2003 9:49:28 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
As soon as the sled hit the nager bay door. Kairo jumped out of the vehical and told Rema to get their equipment out of the front of the sled. Running to the back of the sled  Kairo started to pull out all the heavy weapons and lug them ten feet away from the sled incase it blew up. Once the two E-WEBs were out, Kairo and Kjerri pulled out the extra supplies. Seeing Rema was finished getting their weapons out, Kairo told Kjerri to grab whatever he could and head into the hanger.

As Kjerri and Rema torwards the doors, Kairo went back ontop of the sled and pulled up the weapons controls. Searching the horizon for the spot he had pretargeted earlier in the mossion, He set the guns to fire at that spot and then do a random sweep of the perrimiter. "That should kepp them busy!" He launched himself over the side and picked up his weapons bag. Pulling out for mines he rolled under the sled and rigged them to the fusalage tank. Crawling back out from underneath the vehicle, he saw the two remaining weapons fire at the designated location. The two laser blast bored into the side of the ice cliff he had chosen. Praying that his pan would wrok he pulled out his E-11 and made a hasty retreat from the ensuing battle.

"What the heck was that all about?" Rema said as Kairo ran in through the double doors.

"You'll see," Kairo said as he turned towards the first E-web and positioned it right inside the door. Pulling up the devises aiming reticle he asked Kjerri to skim the inside of the bay for any troops left behind from the other squads, or re-enforcements.

Just then there was loud ominous crack form outside that made Kairo jump, even though he new what the sound was coming from. "Don't worry about that Rema. You know how I jumped back into the sled?"

"Yeah," Rema said as he pulled out his datapad and hacked into the docking bay dorrs.

"Well, I aimed the cannons at that ice cliff that we passed by on our way in. It melted the bottom porsion of the cliff and the top is out there skidding on the snow and ramming anything in its way." he concluded as he waved Afyon over with a hand signal.

"You are deveious sir." Rema replied with half of his attention still on the door computer.

As Afyon's group ran over to meet Kairo's group, Kairo took pulled out his micro binoculers to scan the bay. "Dang this place is huge." kairo mumbled to imself as Afyon pulled up beside him. "How are you fairing Afyon?"

"I'm fine, sir. What's the plan now?" Afyon said as he pulled out a new power pakc for his E-11.

"Well the orginal plan was to steal whatever tanks and vehicles we could get our hands, and destroy the rest. But there are just way too many to do that." Kairo said as he looked through the binoculars. Four Rebel designed tanks that Kairo couldn't make out with four main cannons and a swivle based laser platform on top. eight speeder bikes, a row of 18 ACTm trooptransports, 20 Rebel snow sleds, 15 snow bikes, and 2 T3-B Heavy attack tanks. "How did they get all this stuff here? And there's one other hanger next to this one that is only half the size but can still hold a punch. How much would all this cost?  Anyways, sorry for that. We are going to have our hands full. Ok I want us to split into groups of twos. Rema and Kjerri I want you guys to handle the 15 snow bikes. Take two of them for yoursleves and blow up the rest. Don't ask me how."
    "Mars and Slash, I want you to destroy all the snow sleds you can and 9 of the ACTM transports, then I want you to hijak on of those T3-Bheavy attack tanks." Kairo said as a plan was forming in his head. " Afyon and Dark Rogue I want you two to destroy the rest of the ACTms and Each of you take one of the Rebel tanks and destory another with the guns on the vehicle. This will leave me to take care or the speeder bikes. I will steal one of them and head for the other hanger. Do we have that?"

"So basically were to destroy everything except for what we take. Rema and Kjerri you take two snow sleds. Mars and Slash take a T3-B tank together, and DR and I will take the rebel tanks for oursleves. Everything else gets blownup." Afyon cleared up for the troops.

"Lets head out guys. Our sleds out there wont keep them for long. This may take a while, but it's up to us. Your dismissed. Get to it!" Kairo commaned as he truned to Afyon," Listen. I won't be as protected out there as you guys, but I will be a lot more maneuverable. So don't worry about tme. I wopn't get out there till I am done in the next hanger over. You have command till then. Just make sure no one gets near the second bay until I am out. I am going to righ it to blow so make sure you guys are well away. Ok?"

"Yessir. Will due. We'll get those rebel scum where it hurts." Afyon said as he ran off torwards the vehicals.

"Now things are getting interesting" Kairo said as he headed for the speeder bikes.

(OOC that should keep us busy. Have fun with those tanks. There are going to be a whole bunch of people outside of the bay when you get out. It won't e easy. There is going to be an ambush. We were supposed to get inside the bay. What they don't know is not to mess with us. OOC)

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
SL/CPL Kairo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve[CDS]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited December 4, 2003 9:52:30 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 4, 2003 4:49:50 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Hit and hide.  Travel by unexpected means.  Oh yeah it's been a while since I've had this kind of writing ferver.  /OOC]

Wraith squad huddled together in the far side of a mess hall.  The patrolls were becoming more frequent and they were starting to suspect that the imperials had managed to get beyond some of the blast doors.

So far Wraith has managed to survive by not sticking around for a fight it couldn't handle.  Those were starting to become more common.

Finaly a little bit of fortune shined on Wraith then was immediatly taken away.  The squad leader's security card was on his body but it didn't open the blast door.

The base was under total lock down.  The security clearances were revoked for the duration of this conflict unless a miracle could be performed.

Kuroishi looked at the comm he had pulled off the squad leader and he had an idea.  It was time to make his reputation work for him.

Looking at his squad members Kuroishi thoughtfully and carefully began to ponder his next move.  The first part of his plan was in place.  Now he needed to consult the map to figure out where to pull it off at.

There appeared to be a number of main corridors and a few smaller ones leading to what looked like the heart of the base and the only ways down to the reactors.  Kuroishi hoped there were more ways down then what the map they had showed but for now he'd have little choice but to assume it did despite the fact he had already proved that the map he was consulting was incomplete.

Noting that he was near corridor 15 alpha, Kuroishi signaled it was time to move out.

Checking the cooridor Kuroishi watched four men marching toward thier position.  Three privates and a corperal.  Not what Kuroishi was hoping for but they might be able to bring what he was hoping for to him.

Kuroishi directed Wraith to various spots through out the mess hall and waited for the right moment.

running over to the food storage locker Kuroishi placed a door opener and set it to comdet.  Kuroishi retreated to his observation position and waited.

The four troopers were closing in now and any moment would notice the door to the mess hall was barely open.

Kuroishi motioned for Wraith to prepare for the explosion and fingered the trigger.

Kuroishi listened in the captured comm and was granted a wealth of information.

"Baker company third platoon fourth squad patrol unit b reporting an explosion in mess area northwest of entrance to corridor 15 alpha.  Request immediate assistance."  Came the voice of the Corperal.

Kuroishi had taken a gamble now to see if it would pay off.  If Wraith managed to get out of this mess they would be able to have a little fun and maybe even get whoever still had clearance to open a few blast doors for them.

"This is alpha team we are enroute.  Command isn't opening the doors just incase this is a ruse to grab our attention and the imps try and sneak past us.  We'll be there in three minutes."  Kuroishi figured this one to be the SL.

Kuroishi placed a door opener on each side of the door and set them both to seperate comdet frequencies.  Scuttling for cover Kuroishi was rewarded with a suprise.

"Sir there appears to be movement inside the mess hall, numbers unknown."  Kuroishi smiled as he listened to another intercepted sommunique.

"Hold position corperal.  We're still tow minutes away."

This was getting to be fun.

Kuroishi watched his countdown and the reinforcements were on time.

The squad poored through the large doors to the mess hall and stopped suddenly.

Kuroishi was waving a white towel.

"Surrendering already imperial scum?"  Bellowed the SL.

"No, thought I'd let you surrender.  Drop your weapons and we'll see about letting you live."  Kuroishi replied.

"Drop dead imperial scum.  We have you outnumbered surrender and you'll get out of this room alive."  The SL trembled in rage.

"Look behind you on each side of the door about pelvis level."  Kuroishi retorted.

"Private Jenkins check it out."  The SL prolonged the stand off.

"HOLY #&$@!!!!! Two blasting blocks."

"Frak.  You win imperial scum."  The SL said as he and his squad put thier weapons down.

Kuroishi gave a few hand signals and Wraith in one massive volley fired stun bolts into thier prisoners before they could react.

"Well that was exciting.  You okay boss that isn't like you wanting to take prisoners."  Argon said as he approached Kuroishi.

"What do you see that is different between us and them?  We're still wearing naval uniforms.  These men are wearing army uniforms and army armor.  Let's get changed and raid the fridge while we're at it."  Kuroishi replied as he began to search out a uniform and set of armor his size.

After a couple alteration Kuroishi managed to make the uniform and armor of the corperal fit.  Lukas was almost a perfect match for the SL.  Tyummk and Raziel were left with having to try and alter a pair of PFC's uniforms for themselves.

"Allright let's go ahead and put these guys in our previously borrowed uniforms.  Grab thier blaster packs, rations, and any personel affects that they have on them.  If they aren't packing any food or drink we'll raid it out of the mess hall here."  Kuroishi said as he watched the barely conscious prisoners.

Sometimes Kuroishi fightened himself.

[OOC:  Shall I go forth with my previous door bypassing method or try the new one that I have running rampant through my mind?  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
December 4, 2003 8:02:35 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Working their way slowly down the hallway, Angel, snake and dee in the front, the Raiders reached their first blasterdoor. Hearing explosions and fire behind them, Rizzit got on his comm.

"Kairo, this is Rizzit, is that you guys out there shooting?" he asked.

"Ya we just kinda blew into the hanger, were moving out to do our jobs now, whatcha need?"

Rizzit handed the comm to angel, "well, tell him what you did."

"Kairo, this is Angel. The canyon ridge above the base is lined with high yield explosives remoted to my detonator. If things get hairy for you, just gimmie a ring and i'll blow them for ya, if you get my drift."

"Ya sure, thanks for the backup, but they have a nice supply of vehicles here to use, so we may not need them." kairo's voice crackled over the com. "We....gonna...." Then all the rest was static. Angels heart sank to the bottom of his feet.

"Rizzit we got a problem here... It seems all comms have been jammed, at least imperial frequencies."

"Crap, ok guys listen up, were gonna e alone in here, cut off from the others. ANgel blast that door and lets get moving and find this Shansta guy..."

angel reached into his bag of tricks once more. finding the weak points on the blast door, he set is charges.

'Ok guys, backup, FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" Angel depressed the detonation trigger. the room lit up, and an intense heat washed over them. the walls next to the door melted back a few inches. angel peered around the corner. He saw what remained of the balst door, and caught cosmic's stare...

"Rizzit, i know you guys are crazy, but lets try and NOT bring down the entire base around us."

Angel choked down a laugh as the two squads scuttled over what remained of the 3 foot thick steel blast door...

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

December 4, 2003 9:01:59 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog thumbed his comlink over to Jester's frequency, to inform Merrick of he soon-t0-be destination, and was greeted by a loud burst of static. Muttering, he turned it off and shoved it back in his belt.

"Well great," he said to Sokudo, "Seems they've picked up our frequencies already."

Sokudo's response was drowned out by an explosion coming from down below them. Clambering back down the vette, Frog walked over to the grinning Dragoon, and the turbolift shaft that was spewing smoke behind him.

"I noticed that this was the top floor for this lift, and the shaft narrowed above it," Dragoon pointed upwards, "So I placed a little propellant on the bottom of the lift, and wedged it up there."

Frog peered up and down the shaft, "Well it seems to have worked, amazingly enough, this should be a good way for us to get down."

Frog grabbed his grappling gun from the back of his belt, figuring it was about time to give the girl her first try. Normally grappling guns were designed for climbing up things, but this one also had a magnetic head attachment, which allowed it to be used for going down too. Activating the magnet, Frog threw it up, hearing the metallic clunk as it stuck to the bottom of the turbolift.

"It probably won't hold all three of us at once," Frog said, motioning to Dragoon's gut with a smile, "So we'll go one at a time to be safe."

The other two nodded as Frog donned his gloves and grabbed the grappling wire. Slowing just before he hit the bottom, he touched down without a noise. He'd counted seven floors on the way down, not including where they'd started, and thats exactly what the schematics showed, so chances are they weren't going to find anything truely important here.

Frog was inspecting the bottom of the shaft, looking for any sort of access panels etc to lead them further down, when Dragoon dropped quietly down next to him, followed shortly after by Sokudo. Motioning to the other two to keep down and stay quiet, Frog hauled himself upto the bottom turbolift door. Quickly, he shorted the control panel for the door, and slid it open a fraction of an inch.

Peering through the gap, he spotted an empty corridor, with doors spaced unevenly up it. He waited there for about 5 minutes, looking out for any form of patrol, and found none. Opening the door more, he creeped quickly to the nearest door, drew his rifle, and walked in to the janitorial storage closet for that floor. He called the others up from the shaft, and closed the turbolift door again. The quiet down here worried him just a touch.

-----------------------
Jester++
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

December 4, 2003 10:15:38 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Vic'Tahr Buschelle propped his foot up on his steel desk and read the latest situation report as he took a sip of his freshly-brewed coffee. His desk was littered with various ornaments and paperwork. A picture of his wife and son sat on near the middle of his desk; their eyes always watching him, giving him comfort. His mind briefly recalled the day he had to leave them behind. His intention was to defect from the Empire, and he could tell no one of his intentions, not even the closest of family and loved ones. He had always felt that leaving his behind was his largest regret, but he continuously told himself that if he had to do it all over again, he would. It was a conscious effort, sometimes, to remind him that he had left his family behind to help liberate the New Republic from the Imperial threat, and that reason always seemed to work.

The automated doors to his quarters slid open and the same Sergeant that had delivered the first battle report walked into the room with another clipboard tucked under his arm. The young man saluted and handed Buschelle the latest casualty report.

"More than forty men have been killed, sir, and the Imperials are gaining ground. The blast doors thus far have been effective, save for some seemingly strange, yet effective methods by which one Imperial squad has been able to execute. This same squad has been noted as the highest threat at the moment, sir, and they are currently our forces' highest priority. They have killed two squads in the mess hall."

Buschelle rubbed his right temple as he read the report, and then looked up at the Sergeant, "Says here that there is some kind of virus within our system, and has knocked out our ground floors' security cameras. What's this about?"

"Sir, this is no ordinary virus. There are images that have been displayed that have the most horrific scenes, and those who have seen those images are currently on one of the upper floors' sickbays for treatment. I have already informed the rest of our forces to not look at the security monitors."

"Have they neared the reactor?"

"No sir. They're not even close yet, although I would suggest stationing more men in that bay."

Buschelle thought more men? and was about to go against the order, but decided not to. He knew how these Imperial minds worked, and if he had learned anything in the past, it was the fact that more men meant better chances. "Very well. Station another two squads down there, and I don't mean the newly-formed squads either. I want heavy-weapons."

The young man nodded, "That would total up to around sixty men total in the reactor bay, sir, not including the engineers themselves. I'm sure with this order the Imperials would have one hell of a time getting breaking into that room and living to tell about it."

Buschelle smirked, "Don't be so quick to judge the power and initiative of the Imperial forces, Sergeant. These Imperials may seem like a force that is to be swatted away like a fly when you outnumber them five-to-one, but these men are incredibly resourceful. A good amount of those whiteys have actual brains in those heads of theirs, and they know how to use them."

The Sergeant nodded and stood at attention, "Is that all sir?"

Vic'tahr held up a hand, "One more thing. I'm sick of these casualty reports. We can do better than this, and I want our men well-equipped. I want to bring out the heavy repeaters. Make sure that every squad has one."

"That would take some pretty good coordination, sir, if you want to keep the corridors manned."

Vic'tahr shrugged, "Have some squads report to a designated location where the repeaters will be, and then just coordinate the patrols so that the squads will rendezvous at that point and then continue on with their regular patrol. Also, see if you can't get a tech team to flush out that virus."

"Yes sir."

"Dismissed."

The Sergeant saluted, turned on his heal and walked out of the room. A Corporal poked his head in and gave a quick half-smile, "Sir, Colonel Shantsa would like to see you."

Vic'tahr looked up and grinned, "Send him in."

Shantsa, a quite obese man squeezed his body through the door and nodded to Vic'tahr, "Good of you to see me, General."

Buschelle grinned, "You don't need to request to see me you know, Shantsa."

The older man shrugged, "The poor kid needs to do something, and he's a good secretary for me."

Buschelle shook his head, "If I had it my way, that boy would be on the frontlines with the rest of those men."

Shantsa sat on the edge of the General's desk and clasped his hands together on his thighs, "So, what do you need, Vic'tahr?"

Buschelle pulled out a cigar from a nearby box and lit the end. He breathed in deeply and held it in for a few seconds before slowly blowing the smoke from his O-shaped lips. "I want you to be sure that those Imperials are dead in two hours. Break out all the heavy weapons you need."

Shantsa nodded, "Done."

Rizzit lead the Raiders quietly, yet swiftly, down a series of corridors, making sure to check what was around each corner before stepping out into the open. He held his rifle close to his chest as he strode down each freezing hall until he heard the sound of steady footsteps. He quickly stopped and held up a clenched fist. The rest of the men behind him stopped all motion and sound and began trying to figure out what was going on. Cosmic tightened his grip on his Bi-polar Blaster BMC-150 Carbine and closed his eyes. He could sense the life signs from around the next corridor. He opened his eyes and looked up ahead at Rizzit.

"Sergeant Major, we've got three squads around that next corridor: twenty men. I think two flashbangs will at least put a dent in their numbers."

Without turning his head, Rizzit nodded and agreed. He unclipped two flashbangs from his utility belt, pulled the clips, and then rolled them to the next corridor.

"Shut your eyes now!" Rizzit quickly whispered into his comm. link. The squad members closed their eyes just as the flashbangs went off. Cosmic heard painful screams from around the corner as the grenades went off, and he quickly motioned Drill to take positions against the wall. Rizzit motioned for his squad to position themselves against the wall and prepare themselves for the Rebels when they appeared around the corner.

This was going to be good.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

December 5, 2003 1:10:26 AM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog and his team wandered quickly down the corridor, poking their heads into the rooms along the way, finding them all abandoned. Once they rounded the first corner, they discovered why. The corridor dead-ended in a heavy-set blast door, which appeared to be locked solidly in it's "closed" state. A closer inspection showed no control pads, or access panels on this side at all.

Frog turned back to the other two, "Looks like we're gonna have to find another way through lads, we'll search the rooms for any sign of another way around, or something equally useful. I'll start from this end, Sokudo you start from the other," Frog looked at Dragoon, "Would you be so kind, as to go have a better search around in the turbolift shaft?"

The pair nodded and rushed off, leaving Frog to start his search in the nearest room. After searching the first three rooms for any form of vent, or access tunnel big enough for a person to fit in, with no luck, Frog was heading for the next room when Sokudo appeared behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Found something you might be interested in, Frog," Sokudo said, "Nearly didn't spot it at all, till I tripped over it."

Frog raised an eyebrow, and followed Sokudo's lead.

-----------------------
Jester++
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
December 5, 2003 7:25:30 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
Best viewed in 800x600 :P

--

Jester fireteam two cursed and huffed as they crawled flat on their faces in the tight air conditioning vents. In the lead was Merrick, followed by young Tylen, behind him Hashi and bringing up the rear was Vulture. Merrick had a flashlight in her hand, the dim orange light casting eerie shadows on the walls of the vent.

From behind him, Hashi heard Vulture groan and he couldn't help but give a small chuckle. The vents were friggin' narrow, and crawling through them with weapons strapped across your back was no easy feat. Hashi, being the smallest in size, was having the least difficulty, but that wasn't saying much. He paused for a second to adjust the light sniper rifle strapped across his back, it slipping down his side and making feel uncomfortable. His brief pause nearly caused Vulture to bang his face into his boots.

"Should have bought a pair of light amp goggles at teh store," Hashi thought glumly as he groped along in the dark.

"Shh.. I think I heard someone," hushed Merrick, halting suddenly, a finger raised to her lips. The rest of the team froze and held their breaths, their hands straying to feel for their weapons. 

Hashi slipped out his Kylan-3 Heavy blaster pistol from its holster and pressed his left ear against the wall of the vent. Merrick was right, there were voices, faint but dinstict. Did the voices belong to other stormtroopers perhaps? Couldn't be, not -this- deep down in the base. He ran his fingers through his hair and turned his gaze to Ma. Her axe and a gun was already in her hands, an evil grin on her face as she ran her fingers up the sharp edge of her axe. The team got her message and made final checks on their weapons, making sure all blaster packs were full.

"I smell a gunfight coming up," Vulture commented cleverly, his nose sniffing the air.

The team crawled a few more feet and the voices started to become louder and louder. Hashi was certain the fireteam had discovered the base secondary barracks they had been looking for.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Hashi Shiyun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 5, 2003 9:31:58 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Cosmic Cosmic Cosmic.  We didn't kill those poor saps, after all they surrendered and that'd be a warcrime and no fun.  We only stunned them, after all we would fit in a bit better with army uniforms then navy uniforms.  You should know by now we have more fiendish ways of dealing with our prisoners.  /OOC]

Kuroishi grabbed the three privates that they couldn't put the navy uniforms on.

"Now what to do with you three, oh I know.  We'll keep you on ice."  Kuroishi said as he placed them next to the freezer in the mess hall.

On que Argon opened the door.

'Problem solved.'  Kuroishi thought to himself as he locked the door.

Then his captured comm buzzed.

"All forces there is a change of plans.  We're sending up some heavy weapons for each platoon.  All patrols are to modify thier routes so that they meet at the heavy weapon but may continue on to thier normal patrol route.  Each squad will be contacted individually when the blast doors will be opened to allow the delivery of the heavy weapons.  Command out."  Between Kuroishi's plan and this new development things were about to become a bit more fun.

Kuroishi woke his prisoners up.

"I've got a deal for you. We'll be leaving this mess hall and marching toward the blast door down the hall.  I'll get it open, don't ask you won't like the answer.  If we run into your friends say nothing.  All I want from you right now is to tell me how you would call in a group of prisoners.  Also tell me if there is a detention center in this area.  In return we'll set you loose."  Kuroishi said with an evil grin.

"What if we don't?"  The SL replied.

"We pack you out of here on our ship and take you back to my friend the Deathwookie and you get to be special guest stars on his cooking show.  Trust me you do not want to be special guest stars on his cooking show.  He eats them."  Kuroishi answered.

Kruroishi saw submission in thier eyes.  The answer he wanted was forth coming.

"Allright let's move."  Kuroishi said contemplating exactly how he would cut his prisoners loose.

The march to the blast door was short but it seemed to go on forever pushing along prisoners as well.

"Baker company third platoon fourth squad reporting situation update command.  We have taken possesion of five imperial prisoners dressed in New Republic Naval uniforms.  Took three casualties in the process.  We are cutt of from any detention areas.  Please advise."  Kuroishi said over the captured comm.

Now all Kuroishi could do was pray that no one on the other end would spot the deception.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
December 5, 2003 3:26:58 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon and Dark Rogue grabbed their equipment and raced towards the rebel battle tanks.  Once there, they quickly checked the fuel status of them and Afyon thorugh his equipment into one of the two that had the most fuel.  He climbed inside and quickly looked around and realised that he couldnt drive this thing and fight at the same time.

"Dark Rogue, bring your gear over here! We can only take one of these beasts!"  Afyon climbed out of the tank and hopped down.  "The main gun can be operated and controlled by the driver, Ill take the turret."  Afyon raced over to one of several crates filled with ammunition for the heavy gun.  "Leave your gear on the tank and lets guess this inside!" Afyon ordered as he grabbed onto one end of the crate.  Dark Rogue raced over and the two of them loaded five of them inside the tank where they quickly loaded the ammunition into the bay.  This took a few minutes.

When they were done, Afyon climbed out of the tank and looked around for a blowtorch which he found lying with some other maintenance gear.  He ran over to one of the speeders and began to cut off one of the large heavy repeaters.  "We can take these with us, if we have to turn and fight the other guys will probably be thankful for them, we can fit two in the cargo area" Afyon said as he finished cutting off the first one.  Dark Rogue and him loaded this and an ammo box into the cargo bay of the tank and quickly got a second one as well.

"Anything else we need Sergeant?" asked Dark Rogue.

"See if we can find anyother useful gear.  Anything and everything we can take that might help we take.  Eventually we are going to have to take on the massive force we lead out of here."  Afyon replied as he was walking.  Suddenly he tripped over an ammo crate and landed on his left arm where a sudden pain seared through.  He realised for the first time his upper arm had been injured when the front left of the sled had been hit, his armor had a slight red glisten to it and the heavy garment underneath it was ripped.  "I guess a medpack would be helpful too"  Afyon said as he got up and ran back over to their tank.

-----------------------
ASL/SST_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
December 5, 2003 5:48:47 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "Squad four please hold, we are requesting further instructions..."
    Raziel easily overheard the reply and looked at Kuroishi with his maybe plan B expression. Raziel checked how he was doing on ammunition quickly. So far he had saved all of his hold-out pistols and had recovered all but a few knives. After some careful consideration he had ditched his E-11 carbine, even though it had been compact he was terrible with a rifle.
    The only problem was he didn't really like pistols with a great deal of stopping power either. He hadn't even practised for 10 minutes before giving up on a T-6. What he had found instead were repeating pistols. What his new IR-5 intimidator repeating pistols lacked in pure power they made up for with rate of fire and low recoil. Raziel had always been ambidextrous and he could handle two of these pistols with ease.
    Currently Raziel was pushing the muzzle of one into the squad leader's ear
    "Excellent work squad four. We're going to open up a route towards the detention area that avoids charges. We'll send two squads up to meet you at intersection 19 gamma 18 beta. When you get to the intersection hold your position and they should meet you in 2 minutes. Caution is advised your prisoners are believed to be storm commandos."
    "Understood," Kuroishi was already funbling with the map. He traced his fingers along untill he found the intersection.
    "If we branch off down to the right from the meeting place we can actually make it to the reactors, but it'll still be a fair distance." Argon said.
    "They know we're here, it was always going to be a fight when we got there," Kuroishi said.
"The only problem is that there will probably be a closed blast door on that side. I'm guessing they'll only leave a path open towards more soldiers just incase "we" escaped."
Raziel, who had been looking carefull at the blast doors said:
    "I could get through them."
    "You said it would take too long to slice?" Kuroishi said.
    "Trust me i've had a lot of practise i can break into almost anything. Every door had either a computer or mechanical weakness." Raziel said, still staring at the corner of the door.
    "You'll have only two minutes!" Kuroishi said.
    "Thats the difficult part, it'll be interesting anyway."
    "I'm sorry unless you can be fairly sure theres no way i'll risk.."
    "Ahh, i see." said Raziel.
"The people i worked for would buy all kinds of security doors, even blast doors and take them apart piece by piece and tell their agents any weaknesses. The best of us learned to improvise on anything new, but of course that takes hours. But i've just realised who made this." Raziel ran his hand down a metal plate with markings so small that they were invisible to the eye."
    "Two minutes?" Kuroishi asked again. Raziel nodded.
    "But to be sure shall we run?"

"I guess...we have .... a good five minutes." Kuroishi said. They had sprinted hard all the way and only Argon looked as calm as ever.
    "Argon watch them! Lukas, Tyummk get ready for an attack. If anyone approaches let them get quite close before firing." Kuroishi shouted.
    Raziel had pulled a small device from a pouch and was running it down the side of the blast door to the right. It made a small sound and Raziel started pulling a hidden panel away.
    "On these models there's normally a trigger that will let the door simply roll open if it can be pulled out of place. Normally its a security measure for fires and the like," Raziel was pushing another tool into the opening.
    "Oh thats interesting," he said.
    "What?" kuroishi demanded.
    "I've been a squadie too long it seems. They've changed the design, the trigger is now activate by some kind of field or signal. It's physically covered by another blast shield." Kuroishi just started at him. Raziel could see he was busy thinking some things through.
    "How long?" he asked
    "Another minute, maybe two." Raziel said as he pulled out yet another unique tool and started to poke around inside what appeared to be a non-essential mechanism.
    "Ok prepare for an attack we need to hold them for 2 minutes!" Kuroishi shouted to the squad knowing full well how short two minutes would be outnumbered 3-1 with no cover.

When the shound of marching reaches Raziels ears he knew full well he was another minute from releasing the blast doors from the fields holding it in place.
    "Baker company squad four, do you have the prisoners?" shouted a voice from the corridor ahead. The corridor twisted slowly to the right so there was probably only thirty metres between the squads now.
    Raziel moved himself further out of view and hoped Kuroishi could carry on his recent record of quick thinking....

(OOC: i dont really know if an official book has said much about blast doors but if anyone would like to fill me in please email me and ill edit this post)

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 5, 2003 7:49:36 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I'm actually unclear about where are prisoners are supposed to be during Raziel's post, but I gots me an idea.  /OOC]

Kuroishi walked over to the approaching units before they could get too much closer.  Waving behind his back for Argon to move farther down the corridor Kuroishi was about to come up with the improvisation of a lifetime.  He hoped it wouldn't stink to high heaven.

"One of them almost got away from us and began to tamper with that blast door overthere before we got to him again.  One of our men is looking at it right now.  The prisoners are right this way."  Kuroishi said as he approached.

"Say don't I know you from someplace?"  One of the squad members said as his eyes began to move to the name tag on the armor.

Reckognition of what was going on began to fill the face of the soldier.

"New Republic Special Security Forces.  We learned that one of our prisoners was going to be in the attacking force I was sent here to take place of one of Baker company third platoon fourth squad's men.  That man is Robert 'Kuroishi' Lee.  He's wanted for numerous war crimes."  Kuroishi was juggling.

Kuroishi counted ten men.  A little much for him to take without a bit of help.  Kuroishi tried to lead them away from the rest of the squad.  This way if he failed at least they could get through the door and use it for cover.

Kuroishi walked.  The men followed.  Kuroishi turned a corner and walked toward the mess hall they had aquired thier prsoners in.

"They are inside the freezer in here."  Kuroishi said stepping away from the door.

"We'll take it from here."  Came the reply of the unit leader.

Kuroishi walked away carefully and swiftly pulled the trigger for the comdet blasting blocks he had left for thier previous friends.  Pushing both the activations at once Kuroishi ran back to Wraith squad.  They were now trading fire with a small fire team.

Raziel was protected only by the expert pinning fire coming from Argon, Lukas, and Tyummk.

Kuroishi raised his own carbine and blasted at the fire team from the other side.

Mercifully the door finally opened.

Raziel crawled out through the small hole he had made and jumped through the other side.  Kuroishi followed and layed down fire for Tyummk and Lukas.

"Argon your turn to get through."  Kuroishi said barely louder then the blaster fire.

Kuroishi rolled a smoke grenade toward the fire team and prayed Argon made it.

Argon bounded though the smoke and blaster fire with only a minor hit to his pack.

"Bastards."  Argon said once he was on the other side.

"Now we get to go down to the reactors."  Kuroishi said as he manipulated the mechanisim from thier side.

The doors began to slowly close and Kuroishi waved the squad away from the door.

Kuroishi reached into his bag and pulled out ten graple rods and handed two to each Wraith keeping two for himself.

"Incase one is not enough.  Let's get going down before this entire area is crawling with enemy troops."  Kuroishi said as he began to force the doors open to a turbo lift shaft.

Kuroishi studied the unlabled plans and had concured the reactor control computers had to be on the bottom floor unless they were not on the map.

The doors finally parted the doors after one last effort.

Kuroishi carefully checked above an below for a lift.

"I have an idea.  There is reasonable cover incase there are some troops inside the lift, take it."  Kuroishi said as he let the doors close as he pushed the car call button.

Kuroishi waited behind nearby cover.  When the car came indeed it was filled with troops carrying a heavy repeater.

A flurry of shots pinned the troops inside thier soon to be coffin.

Argon tossed a grenade inside the lift and the problem was solved.

Kuroishi ran over and placed a 1kg blasting block on the roof of the car and set it to go down four floors.

Kuroishi pressed the detonator.

"Let's descend boys."  Kuroishi said as he attached his grapple rod and began the descent.

Kuroishi knew any resistance immediatly near the door would be scattered.  As such they would not be blasted like fish in a barrel coming out of the lift.

Dropping through the roof Kuroishi began firing at the spread out positions of the enemy.

The rest of Wraith followed shortly.

Argon and Kuroishi began to show off thier incredible marksmenship.

Kuroishi knew there would be blast doors about every fifty meters from here to the reactor.  The first and last ones would be the problems.  Time for some magic.

Lukas and Tyummk were quickly adding thier own firepower and began to reduce the enemy numbers effectivly in short order.

"They know thier comms are compromised by now but we may have one last shot.  I just wish I had brought it,  would have made this perfect."  Kuroishi said as he started to scan the comm frequencies.

All but a few were now jammed.

Kuroishi switched between the ones that were not jammed to see if there was any activity on them.

No luck.  Oh well.

Kuroishi watched Raziel finish off the last of the resistance facing them then began to set to work on the door.

There would be far too many troops far too quickly.

"We should have enough explosives to force all the blast doors open but that would leave us exposed.  So let's try Raziel's trick with a bit of a modification."  Kuroishi said cutting open an access hole.

Tossing a grenade in the hole Kuroishi watched the door open slightly after the explosion.  It was enough.

Wraith squezed through just before the next set of troops arived and by the sound Wraith would have been toast.

Kuroishi closed the door by working through the actual maintenance access port.

Now they had all the time they needed, he hopped.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

December 5, 2003 9:33:39 PM    View the profile of Rema 
[OOC: Uhh, since i just learned the Snow Bike doesnt exist, Cosmic recommended we say the "snow bikes" are Air-2 speeders. /OOC]

"Nothing like a nice jog through a Rebel hanger in the morning." commented Rema as he and Kjerri ran across the room heading for the speeders that awaited them.

"Yeah, just wait until they start shooting, then it gets REAL fun." Kjerri replied. They had reached the speeders, when a loud explosion sounded from the entrance of the hanger.

"There goes one of the snow sleds, we have five minutes before this place is full of Rebels." said Kjerri as he dug through his equipment. Seconds later, he pulled out some light explosives. Rema grabbed one from Kjerri and ran to place it on a speeder.

"Any particular place you want these Kjerri?"

"Put them near the engines, it will make a bigger blast."

"Righto" Rema stuck the explosives to the engine area and then picked up his equipment bag. He look inside and realized he had no explosives.

"Spast. Kjerri, how many explosives do you got?"

"Not enough for the rest of them, but you have some right?"

"Forgot to pick some up at the store, but i will think of something." replied Rema. Kjerri sighed and went back to setting the explosives. Now all Rema had to do was figure out what the heck he was gonna do to blow up the rest of these speeders.

He walked over to one and paced around it look for what he could do. He sat down on one, and stared at it in deep concentration. Suddenly a muffled blast came from the rear of the hanger. Rema jumped up grabbing his S-2 Carbine, and turned to the door.

"Sithspit. Rema looks like Rebels are coming through the back. We need to finish. If you cant figure out how to destroy the speeders, I will. You just grab ours." Rema nodded and grabbed a speeder and started pushing it away from the main group. He went back to grab the other one when another loud explosion came from the hanger entrance.

"There goes the other sled, hurry up." ordered Kjerri. Rema grabbed the second speeder and was pushing the it out, something popped in his head.

"Kjerri, let me deal with the rest of the speeders, I got an idea."

[OOC: Yippy! More rebels! And if im moving along to fast someone just tell me and i will edit it. /OOC]

-----------------------

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

[This message has been edited by Rema (edited December 5, 2003 9:42:36 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
December 6, 2003 5:41:35 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick jammed her foot in a convenient vent and grabbed it before it fell to the ground. She'd chosen the corridor outside the barracks, rather than any of the main rooms. Her shadowsuit would only keep her hidden in shadows and darkness, and the barracks was fairly well lit. "Ok guys, there's likely to be a whole lot more of them than us, but as long as we do this right that shouldn't make a difference. Eyes open, heads down, no injuries." Hashi, VUlt and Tylen all nodded. Merrick dropped silently out of the vent, followed closely by the other 3 as she covered them. Vult was looking almost as happy about dropping down into the barracks as Merrick was. She wasn't all that surprised, it just wasn't normal to find someone who enjoyed killing people as much as she did, and Vult came pretty close.

It was all over in a few minutes. The troopers who lived in the barracks had obviously been called out to defend against the attack being made by the Empire on this base. There were only a few trainees in the barracks, and Merrick's team hadn't killed any of them, since they were little threat. Especially now that they were tied to their bunks. "Ok, let's move on. Places to be, things to blow up, but first a way into the lower base to find."

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword and Squad Leader
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 6, 2003 2:13:59 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Right oh time for a little psychological warfare.  /OOC]

Kuroishi's brilliant idea would work better if he had his more immediately reckognizable VMCA on instead of this rebel junk but he had decided that it wasn't worth lugging around the extra 85 kg.

All he could do now was rig a comm to be a megaphone and proceed with his idea.

Kuroishi watched Raziel work and prayed this would work.

Grabbing several smoke grenades Kuroishi waited for the door to open ever so slightly.  Kuroishi tapped Raziel on the leg to indicate the opening was big enough.

Smoke grenade after smoke grenade flew out of the hole as Kuroishi wasted eight on this idea.  Next out of his pack he grabbed a low power incindiary grenade and threw it through the hole.

"It'll confuse thier IR for a bit without putting me in too much danger.  Open it the rest of the way Raz.  Take cover using the blast door and wait for my signal.  We still don't know how many enemy troops wiat for us on the other side.  Hopefully I'll be able to spook most of them."  Kuroishi explained as he prepared to charge through the door.

Even with the thick smoke Kuroishi could see many troopers, too many.  Perhaps his idea wasn't so good after all.  No turning back unless he wanted to be gunned down before the doors closed.

"I am the Great Death Leader of the Fallen.  The destroyer of worlds.  Eater of armies.  I have come for your souls."  Kuroishi shouted into his modified commlink dashing for the nearest cover on the other side of the blast door.

If not for the smoke and his speed Kuroishi would have been gunned down before even getting past his first sentance.

Kuroishi knew it was far too dangerous to use explosives this close to the reactors.  One piece of shrapnel is all it would take to knock out some critical system and start a reactor overload.

All Kuroishi could do is huck more smoke grenades to cover Wraith while it got out of it's pinned position.  The blast doors provided acceptable cover from blasters but were far enough away from the reactors that the NR troops might start throwing grenades in there and wipe Wraith out.

One by one Wraith left the cover of the blast door for the cover of computer consuls and machinery.

Kuroishi began to count the rate of fire to determine how many troops they were facing.  It appeared to be about 30-40.

"Well there seem to be enough of them that my psychological warfare failed.  I'm up for suggestions on how we take out thirty to fourty troops."  Kuroishi shouted as he started returning fire.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 6, 2003 3:41:59 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: posting spree?)

Raziel kept his head low behind the computer console. Kuroishi's plan had got them in, but perhaps they wouldnt get out. He closed his eyes and listened.
    The brave guard made a run for it, their was a sudden surge of firepower from the rebels that made Raziel realise why he suddenly heard footsteps.
    Raziel dove up from behind his cover, repeater pistols in hand. He squeezed both triggers and released a hail of blue blaster fire into the two soldiers just before they could dive behind the Wraith's cover and finish the squad.
    "That was close," Raziel said, ducking down behind his cover again.
    "They'll slowly try and surround us now," Kuroishi said.
You could almost feel the anger in the next volley of fire from the republic guards. Raziel had to slide quickly across the floor as his cover proved too fragile.
    He realised just how long his shadow was then. He used a small mirror again to look at the rebel troops. Most of them were holding their position about the doors to the reactor, but even now a few of them were moving across the huge room towards them.
    "NV goggles on now! Stay down untill i say!" Raziel shouted above the blaster fire.
He rolled around from cover and let lose with his pistols. In a flash 20 blaster bolts were headings towards the rooms only two lights.
    Cones of light shone through what was left of the smoke, the rebels were highlighting the Wraiths position. Getting up now would be a stupid move, each Wraith probably have ten rifles aimed at his position.
    "eleven, twelve..." Raziel decided their eyes were sufficiently adapted and through a flash bang high into the air.
    The second it exploded he was moving. Even if the guards had been usuing NV goggles they would be blind now. For the first few seconds he let lose with his repeater pistols, mowing down all of those his sensitive eyes could make out in the open. When blaster fire from a few soldiers started to follow where his shots were coming from he released an invisible volley of knives towards the soldiers, cutting down several more.
    By the time the rebel guards had reorganised all of Wraith squad had taken cover again. But now there were only twenty guards left, the room was still almost pitch black and they had no idea where the Wraith squad was hiding.
    Torch beams cut through the darkness, swinging back and forth across the room searching for a target.

Tyummk was down behind a control desk on the left of the guards..Raziel on the right. The only cover large enough for Argon had been directly infront of their position. While the wraiths had been gunning down the bemused Rebels and looking for some good cover Kuroishi had simply slipped past them and was currently looking for somewhere to attach explosives to an undefended reactor.

Surrounding the doors were about sixteen guards, three of whom had heavy tripod mounted repeaters. Argon had quickly spotted the tripods and taken out the original users, but others manned them now. Another seven guards who had been advancing on the wraiths, but had been quick enough to dive when the flashbang went off were scattered around the room in cover.

-----------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

December 6, 2003 11:24:32 PM    View the profile of Rema 
It was crazy, but it just might work.... Rema had begun to put together the things he needed for his plan to work. He first pushed the remaining six speeders into the middle of the hanger. As he pushed the last one in, he could see the rest of DD scrambling to get everything together. Rema turned back to see Kjerri putting the finishing touches on the explosives.

"Kjerri, i need like six, long metal tubes and fast." Rema yelled.

"I'm not going to ask. Look over there where they keep some of the maintenance tools," Kjerri yelled back pointing across the hanger to an area with tools strewn all over.

"Righto." Rema ran across the hanger, his S-2 Carbine drawn and scanning back and forth. He ran into the mess and starting kicking things around looking for things the right size. He finally found 4 large wrenches, and 2 metal tubes that looked like they were broken off from something. Rema ran back to the middle of the hanger. Kjerri had finished with the charges and had met him in the middle. Rema tossed him a wrench and pointed at the accelerator.

"Wedge this between the seat and the accelerator, and lets both make sure the engine isnt on, otherwise this could become difficult."

"Right away 'Sir'," Kjerri said sarcastically. Rema started going around checking the speeders to make sure they were off, and wedging the wrenches into place. When he had finished, he looked around and saw the rest of DD getting ready to fly out and blow up the remaining craft. He looked over and Kjerri gave him the thumbs up. Rema now had to do part two of his plan.

He took one speeder and pushed it away from the pack. He aimed it at the maintenance area he had just come from. He stood next to the speeder and hit the ignition button. The speeder tore off rocketing towards the far corner of the hanger. It wobbled back and forth and slammed into wall behind the maintenance area.

"Corporal Kjerri, what the heck is going on over there!" yelled Afyon through the comm.

"Sir, Rema was just trying out his idea, we can fill you in later."

"Just make sure it..." Afyon broke off, and nothing but static was present. Kjerri looked at Rema and shrugged. "It was bound to happen" he said. Whoever this Rebel commander was, he was good.

The next four he sent into the remains of the Imperial Sleds at the hanger entrance. As he prepped the last one, a whoosh came from behind him. Rema and Kjerri both turned and saw the doors at the rear of the hanger open, and five Rebel soliders come out firing madly.

"Duck! DUCK!" Rema said diving behind the speeder. Kjerri rolled behind it returning fire from his E-11.

"Goose" said Kjerri firing blindly. Rema shot over the seat and could hear blaster shots hitting around them. He dug inside his equipment bag and took out two grenades. He then began to push the speeder so it aimed at the rear door.

"When I say so, run." Rema said, but before Kjerri could ask why, Rema had activated the two grenades. He tossed them on the speeder and ignited the engines.

"RUN!" Rema and Kjerri scrambled away towards cover, blaster bolts all around them. Rema felt a slight pain in his left leg, but continued running. They both rolled behind a large metal crate as the speeder flew into the rear doors and exploded. The shots stopped.

Rema peeked from behind the crate and saw what remained of the Rebel Soldiers bodies.

"Thats nasty." He said as he and Kjerri ran towards their speeders.

[OOC: Not too crazy right? /OOC]

-----------------------

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

[This message has been edited by Rema (edited December 6, 2003 11:29:24 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

December 7, 2003 12:41:43 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Vic'tahr Buschelle threw the report onto his desk and crossed his arms. The Casualties number was rising every hour. What he didn't understand, and what seemed to be so unrealistic that it was borderline impossible, was that there were no casualties on the enemy side. Buschelle silently cursed before activating the Control-to-Reactor Bay channel.

"Reactor, Control, what's your status?"

"Sir," said a heaving tech, "We're under attack! Twenty of our sixty troops have been mowed down. It's hard to say, but I think that there are only about five-to-six of the Imperials on the other side. They're using some fire-and-hide tactics, and the troops can't get a clear shot."

Vic'tahr cursed again, this time aloud. "Look, these Imperials are nothing, you hear me? Nothing! There are only a handful of them outside of the Reactor Bay, and there's still forty-some odd soldiers inside with you. You are to win that battle, tech. If you can't do something as simple as that, then I want at least three of them injured, if not killed! That's an order!"

"That's going to be hard, sir. They've opened the blast door and it's useless now."

Buschelle grunted and ran his hand over his bald head, "Ok, listen carefully. I want you to subtly break out the environmental masks and pass them along. After you have done so, and quickly, I want you to cut environmental systems on all floors. You got that?"

"Cutting environmental on all floors, aye sir."

"Now, without activating the Environmental Alert light monitor, I want you to give three sounding alarms throughout the entire base. Our people will know that they will have to get to an oxygen mask and tank as soon as they hear that alarm, but the Imperials won't know what's going to hit them. Give 'em hell."

"Yes sir."

Vic'tahr terminated the channel and called his XO into the control room. The XO walked in hastily and nodded.

"Shantsa, the Messanger is still in the hangar bay, correct?"

Shantsa nodded in reply.

"Warm up the overheard turrets and pound the hull. I want to see a nice hole in that 'vette within ten minutes, oh, and put on an oxygen mask."

"Yes sir," Shantsa nodded, and he quickly left the room to carry out Buschelle's orders. Vic'tahr walked over to the wide computer consol attached to the north wall and activated his private independent environmental system, a system which only provided atmosphere within the control room and was powered by a small generator.

An alarm sounded three times in two-second intervals, and the New Republic troops throughout the building quickly dropped what they were doing and made their way to the nearest oxygen tank/mask storage unit. Those who were currently in combat with Imperial troops had to retreat.

The forty NR troops in the Reactor Bay now had their oxygen masks on, and were now behind some crates which stored extra reactor and computer supplies. The techs were also taking cover behind the various crates, their lungs breathing in the compressed oxygen from the tank strapped onto their back, and waited for all of the atmosphere inside the base to dissipate.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited December 7, 2003 9:02:25 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 7, 2003 1:33:19 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: just wandering how long you think it would take us to change the remaining oxygen to CO2 in a base this big?)

The entrance to the reactor room was still as dark as night. The Wraiths had night vision, the guards didnt. For the last minute only a few shots had been fired, the rebels were up to something.
    Raziel heard some footsteps to his left, one man. Raziel slid to the edge of his cover and pulled out his dark combat knives. He had no need for night vision goggles and could clearly make out the guard turning back towards their main position and catching something.
    None of them noticed a shadow flit across the room towards the lone soldier.

The private barely caught the object spinning towards him. He looked down at the gas mask in his hand and smiled he turned back towards where he though the imperials to be. He knelt down and leant around a crate, he then switched on the torch on his rifle only to highlight Raziel's face.
    Some of the rebulican troops grasped their rifles tighter as there was a scream, followed by a slow gurgle.

Raziel slid down beside Lukas, tyummk and Argon.
    "Now why would they be using oxygen masks?" he whispered. Holding up the tank and mask.
    "Never heard of them to use chemicals, possibly a stun gas?" argon put in. All of them looked around suddenly, at first it seemed like they could hear something. Then Lukas realised that actually they Couldn't hear something.
    "Oh god. Rebels dont do things like that!" Raziel said
    "Do you want to go and tell them or should i?" Argon asked.
    "No matter what we'd better try and pull back, but Kuroishi is still inside the reactor room. Although the chances of him getting back out unnoticed are pretty slim." Raziel said.
    "Couldnt we melt some more of that ice for oxygen?" Lukas said.
    "Excellent idea, save it for a few more minutes. Lets see if we cant get a few more oxygen masks whilst we wait for Kuroishi."
    Suddenly the room was filled with light again, this time however it was from thousands of blaster bolts streaking across the room. The rebels were firing everything they had in an attempt to flush the desperate Wraiths out.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited December 7, 2003 1:36:07 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 7, 2003 1:40:42 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Egad we're $&#*#@!  Wait why bother capturing the reactor area.  Everyone get ready for some real action.  Well thanks to Raz I've had to do another rewrite.  /OOC]

The situation was starting to look worse and worse.

Wraith was in the reactor room and was pinned behind various computers, crates, and machinery.  Thus far the only thing keeping them alive was luck and sheer hairbrained schemes.

Kuroishi's attempt at psychological warfare failed simply because there were too many enemies and not enough fear.

Even if the rebels hardened the reactors to withstand moderate explosions Kuroishi was well prepared for that.

Kuroishi knew he was in a bad situation.  If this last desperate attempt to keep Wraith from being overrun by rebel troopers failed, well Kuroishi didn't want to think such thoughts.

There were far too many this time.  To make matters worse Kuroishi began to notice the air in the room was starting to become scarce.

"No not like this.  I refuse to allow it."  Kuroishi muttered to himself.

Kuroishi tossed a grenade from each hand over his cover and reached down with his right hand to pick up his carbine and reached inside his duffle bag with his left.

Rising up with his vibro katana in his left hand and carbine blasting away in his right Kuroishi charged the lines of the republic troopers.

In one last desperate act Kuroishi summoned all his determination.

Slowly the rebels began to fire at Kuroishi rather then keep behind thier cover safe from the grenades.

Two blaster bolts connected with Kuroishi's chest and one to his right arm.

Dropping the carbine Kuroishi was now close enough to his first victim for his vibrokatana to set to work.

Grabbing the man's mask he seemlessly put it on.

Kuroishi now finaly fell.  His armor had saved him from dying from the blasters but he was still hurt.

Kuroishi's last conscious memory was of an emergency siren indicating that one of the cooling pumps had been dissabled from all the grenades.

Unless one of the rebel techs was an absolute miracle worker things were begining to look up.

Blackness fell.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:04:45 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 65  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >