Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Doomsday Savior
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
  RE: Doomsday Savior
November 26, 2003 11:28:26 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon headed off to get ready as well.  He first stripped down all of his weaponry and cleaned it again, he was very particular about cleaning his weaponry every time it was fired.  Afyon also sharpened and polished his combat knife this time and adjusted the scope on his pistol to ensure it was exactly as he liked it.

After finishing with his weaponry, Afyon checked all of his other gear and his ammunition to ensure it was all clean, undamaged, and ready for combat.  This process took him about thirty minutes as he was taking his time while doing it.  Afyon liked to take time to think about every part of the mission before it happened so that he could forsee and react quickly to any potential problems they may come against.

Afyon then took off his stormtrooper armor and ensured that it was ready for action.  He then went to have a warm shower, it would be the last time he would be warm in a while as the planet was said to be very cold.  AFter the shower, Afyon pulled on his heavy under-armor clothing and an extra pair of socks to keep his feet warm.  He then took fur liners and put them in his extra pair of stormtrooper boots.  He had one pair larger than the other so that he could fit these liners in them.  After putting the liners in, he stuck his feet in the boots and sealed them off completely to ensure the snow and cold would not get in.

Afyon then put on the leg armor and strapped on his pistol belt, taking off all of the other features except the holster so that it fit under the armor.  Afyon then put all of the other stuff he may need in a seperate back from his field pack and picked up his helmet.  He had a ski mask to wear under it but he put some water absorbant material inside the helmet to absorb any sweat that came through the breathable helmet.  Freezing sweat caused hypothermia too easily.  After preparing his helmet, Afyon picked up his field pack, extra bag, helmet, and armor plate and carried them out to the Dark Dragoon hanger.  After this was done he went to find his squad and hang out with them for a while before mission time.  He may even get a nap.

-----------------------
ASL/SST_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
November 26, 2003 11:58:35 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Kairo, this is Rizzit. Permission denied for modification of the sleds. Reason being is 1. you have all the firepower you need, seeing as there are six cannons on the sled. 2. we gotta share sleds between squads in some cases, so it'd be hard to modify a sled for just one squad. Stick with what you got. If you really need to, you can fire your guns from the sleds. There is enough room to comfortably seat 4 in a sled, so it can be done. Hope this helps. Rizzit out!"

Kairo turned off his com-link with a big frown on his face. He was really hoping to modify his sleds for his squad. He had to worry about briefing his squad at the minute though, bring them upto speed about what's going on, as did the rest of the squad leaders.

Meanwhile, Rizzit was busy briefing his squad. Fallen Angel and Sniping 101 were at his side to assist him. Rizzit informed them of all that had happened from the bum mission all the way to engaging the enemy forces. He also told them about the exciting new sleds that they had. After explaining all that had to be done, Rizzit had them get all their gear ready, so that they could depart for AlzocIII as soon as Wraiths were in.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
November 26, 2003 12:47:34 AM    View the profile of D-13 
The recently returned D-13 wasn't too enthusiastic about the new combat sleds. Aside from the cargo in the back, he also had to carry some heavy weapons on his person and, as everyone knows, it isn't real confortable even for a sled that could hold four people. Rizzit gestured for his attention.

"So pack your bags and get some rest before the mission, you'll need it.", he waved.

The troopers saluted their leader and headed straight for their barracks. D-13 lingered behind to inspect the hologram of the ice planet one more time before returning to his barracks.

Throwing open the doors, he gathered all of his belongings and laid them out on the floor. First, the essentials were taken out: E-11, two DH-17s, and especially his vibroblades and throwing knives, and painted white. Hmm, those I can carry with no problem, he thought. D-13 took off the backpack unit and looked inside. He dropped in a few rations for good measure and a water jugfilter and pretty much every utility tool and grenade he can find. The melee weapons and blasters he tied to his belt.

Now, what else, the trooper thought, checking his pile of junk. Those cyan eyes looked around until he spotted a 500 squad repeating blaster. He'd need one of those, didn't he? The blaster landed roughly into the bag he'd brought along. After all this, Dee put on his snowtrooper armor and headed out to the hangar dragging his bag behind him. Hope I get an E-WEB for this mission, looks like resistance will be stiff, the trooper thought.

At the armory, the trooper conversed with the crewman about the mission requirements.

"But I think I need the E-WEB, look at this," he pulled out the scans, "we're fighting our way into a mountain base."

The crewman hesitated, "Well, you're just gonna have to talk to Rizzit about that."

Dee saluted, and left to find his squad leader.

OOC: Well, I guess we should bring along an E-WEB just to make sure
-----------------------

TRP/SGT D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE
I love this symbol>
"Warfare is the way of deception"-Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited November 26, 2003 1:23:55 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 26, 2003 1:30:02 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon got himself some more food and water and sat down with the squad.  He looked around at them.  He was new to the squad so he didn't have a complete idea yet of what they were capable of but there was one little alarm bell that continued to go off in his head.  They were all new, even Kairo.  Most of them had seen little in the way of combat action and he doubted if any of them had been on a major mission.

He knew VEA trained their men well and he had been very impressed with what he had seen to date so he knew that they had a good chance of accomplishing this mission and surviving to tell about it.  At least he hoped so.  Afyon ate some of the health food and finished half of the bottle of water that he had.  He wanted to ensure that he was well hydrated and had a full stomache, but not too full as to hamper his combat performance.

He finished up the food and took out a deck of sabacc cards.  He looked over at Rema and Slash, two of the Dragoons who were awake and invited them over to play a friendly game.  He dealt the cards and took another sip of water while Rema began the bids.

-----------------------
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
November 26, 2003 2:26:43 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Why do I even play this game? I just end up owing you guys handfuls of credits." Rema complained. After playing a few games of Sabacc with Slash and Afyon, Rema already owed them enough credits to buy himself small starship.

"Aw come on, just one more game." Afyon said laughing. "I'm sure this time you can win."

"I'll take a rain check, I gotta go check my gear and then perhaps I will play ONE more hand." With that Rema got up and walked to his quarters.

Once inside he went over to his pile of newly acquired gear and started sifting through things he might need. He pulled out his Stormtrooper II Carbine, his two DL-54 blaster pistols and one of his vibroblades. He then grabbed a few grenades and dropped them, along with some rations and power cells into his backpack unit. He picked up his Flechette Launcher and threw that in a small bag.

After cleaning and checking all of his weapons, Rema decided to scuff up his armor so it didn't shine if there was any sunlight. As he did this he turned on some music from the Imperial Orchestra back when they played on Coruscant. How he loved attending their concerts. When he finished scuffing up his armor he got up to re-check all of his equipment. He then put on some warm clothes and put on his armor. He put his two pistols in their holsters and attached his vibroblade to his back.

With his bag slung over his shoulder, his helmet under his arm, and his Carbine tucked in his holster, Rema walked from his quarters humming a tune from the Orchestra.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

TRP/LCPRema/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P]
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 26, 2003 2:32:27 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon took the credits and put them in his wallet.  He would leave it in his quarters before they left.  Afyon packed up the sabacc cards and sat back in his chair.  He finished off the bottle of water and looked around thinking about what he was going to do next.

He decided to play some more of the game he had been playing earlier on his datapad, he loved killing time before a big mission with mindless entertainment.  It cleared his mind and allowed him to concentrate better come mission time, something that was always important.

After playing for a while, Afyon got up to find Kairo so that they could get the briefing underway.  No sense in delaying it any longer and Afyon sensed that there would be a lot of questions and anxiety.  He smiled to himself as he got up and walked out of the squad room.  It was great to be going back out on a big mission, he loved them.

Afyon made his way towards Rizzit's office hoping that he would be there but when he arrived, Rizzit was not there.  In hindsight that made sense to Afyon, he would probably be with the general.  Afyon made his way to the bridge, hoping to meet Kairo on his way.

-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
November 26, 2003 5:57:26 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
"So Rizz, about these sleds..." Angel inquired, "We splitting into Fireteams?"

"Absolutely. You are taking Dee and Snake, and I am going with Snipes, Mulat and JR. Your sled will be a little undermanned, but with 3 Heavy Weapons guys on it, i'm sure you can handle it." Rizzit answered, "Now both of you go prep your Fireteams after you gear up. I'm going to sort out a few details."

"Catch ya on the flip side Angel." Snipes said as he turned the corner.

Angel stopped in the hallway as reality set in. This was going to be his first mission in charge of other troopers. he couldnt be his usual reckless self, because now peoples lives depended on his decisions. he began to question Rizzit letting him lead the fireteam on his own. i wonder if i have what it takes? he thought to himself Jub i wish you were here now to tell me what to do.

He quickly quelled such thoughts, knowing that his brother was no leader. he thought of the men in his fireteam...Dee and snake, both excellent troopers...angel quickly decided that he would turn to them for help on his decisions out on the field, at least until he got the hang of it.

regaining his composure, he stalked through the dry dock with the Customs Corvette, and made his way to his equipment locker. Opening it he removed his stormtrooper armor and resized it, having hit the weights since Fresia. He pulled out his throwing knives and sith sword he confiscated from Fresia. using the sword he had cut a slit in the back of his armor to provide easy access to the sword. Removing his armor, he slung the sword case over his shoulder, and securely tied it. then he put his armor back on, and began filling his backpack.

In preparation for this mission, angel had made up lots of mines and traps that could be set. tinkering with the mechanics of his X-1, he improved the rate of fire, and also expanded the amount of rounds it could carry. as always he packed a dozen thermal detonators, and his trusty Whisper Subsonic Slugthrower Sniper Rifle. Looking like a 1 man army, he finalized his armaments by holstering a backup blater pistol and a heavy repeater on his gun belt. Grabbing his helmet, Angel went to find Dee and Snake...

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]
"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
D-13
ComNet Member

November 26, 2003 8:43:10 PM    View the profile of D-13 
Angel took a little while, but found a snowtrooper talking amongs some stormtroopers. The snowtrooper looked at him and took off his helmet, exposing D-13's face. The surprise in his face was apparent as he looked into Angel's face.

"Well, looks like what Rizzit told me WAS true. You ARE the spitting image of your brother. I'm D-13, and I presume you are my fire-team leader?" D-13 waved.

"Yes and yes, I am Jub's brother and I'm also your fire-team leader."

D-13 shrugged and waved off the other stormtroopers. He turned around to find Fallen nervously rummaging through his equipment and trying not to show it. He just shrugged.

"I'll bet this is your first time in command of a fire-team?"

"Yeah, it is," came the dejected reply.

"It's not so bad, once you get used to coordinating our positions. Hell, Rizzit made it easy on you by having such a small team," D-13 smiled.

"Say, how about a game of Sabacc, while you tell me your life story. How's that sound?" he added, just as Fallen was about to leave.

"Sure, why not?"

D-13 dropped his bag on the ground with a large clang. He check inside to make sure the repeater still functioned and put the blaster back in. One final check of his backpack's contents: grenades, rations, macrobinoculars, ect. After the tedious process, the sergeant went through his custom armor again and again to make sure every accessory was within easy reach. Following his new fire team leader, the trooper shuffled his way to the lounge and activated the sabacc table. Within fifteen minutes, he'd gone back to what he did in sabacc before going into reserves: losing.

"Aww sithspit"

-----------------------

I love this symbol>

[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited November 26, 2003 8:51:23 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
November 26, 2003 8:58:14 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
"Ok, we finally get to do something here. At the moment we're the ones looking for the weapon, and destroying or disabling it if we find it. Course we all get to do the killing to get into the base, and I'm sure Dragoon isn't too upset about having a search and destroy mission." Dragoon grinned and dug a thermal detonator out of his seemingly endless supply. Everyone else looked reasonably excited to have something to do again. Hashi touched his shoulder for a second, where he had been injured in the last mission. "This time, we will do this as a squad, got me? No splitting up or running off. And I am not going to get help from another squad if I can help it." Everyone nodded. "Right, get your gear together and get ready to go. Don't wanna be the ones that hold everything up!"

Jester checked all of their weapons and gear to make sure they had everything they needed. Merrick had advised them all to wear something very warm under their armour, as the planet was supposed to be pretty chilly. She sat and stripped down, cleaned and reassembled her weapons to make sure they were all in perfect working order, and then tried to decide which ones to take. It was becoming a bother to take both rifles, pistols and her axe. At least her vibroblade was easy to carry.

The axe was of course the first weapon chosen to definitely take, then the slugthrower sniper rifle. She liked it better than the blaster rifle, felt better to use. Dragoon looked at her thiking hard about the choice and chuckled. "What? Could be life or death you know." He nodded. "Yeah, sure boss. You look better with just the axe though." Merrick just shook her head and went back to packing her gear, making sure to put her blaster rifle somewhere safe.

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword and Squad Leader
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 26, 2003 9:06:52 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
angel scooped up his new wealth off of the sabaac table.

"i know I'm supposed to be doing something right now...but i cant remember...OH YAH..gotta go find snake." Angel said, "Dee stay here while i go find him."

"Sure thing Fallen" Dee replied.

Angel got up from his chair and dashed out of the lounge. he turned the corner and got to snakes bunk.

"Snake you there?" Angel asked, pounding on the door, "This is Angel, we need to meet up with Dee so i can brief you guys on whats been going on...Snake?"

Angel heard the sound of feet shuffling as Snake made his way to the door.

"hey there Angel, sorry about that, just was going over the last of my gear." Snake replied. Angel looked at snake and couldn't help but be awed. Snake was a long time member of the VE, serving back with his brother, and he had earned Jubei's utter respect.

"OK well lets get going then, Dee's waiting for us in the lounge."

The two made their way back to Dee. "Ok you two, i know this may be a little awkward for you, taking orders from a lower ranking trooper, and since this is my first mission as ASL i want you guys to feel free to help me in any way that you can. This is what's basically going down...."

...10 minutes later...

"so basicallay, I will be piloting the sled, and you two will be gunning. I want to try slave one of the laser mounts to the controls so i can operate the other one, but i dont know if rizz will let me. We should probably go meet up with rizzit soon, because im sure Snipes has finished breifing the others. so if theres no questions lets move out."

"Actually i have one question," Snake spoke up," Whats the carog capacity on those sleds?"

"We will have more thatn most, since we are stuck with 3 troopers instead of 4, so pack manily whatever you need. We ARE the HWS of the squad so feel free to bring all the good stuff..." Angel responded.

just then ANgel's com clicked. "Angel this is Rizzit, report to the bridge, and bring your Fireteam with you."

"Ok guys lets go"

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
November 26, 2003 9:19:00 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor was sitting on his meger bunk shaking like a scared puppy dog. He was thinking to himself "Ive never been in battle before, what am i going to do, what if i get someone killed out there".

He got up from his bunk walked to his locker and grabbed his back pack. He looked into his locker and made a mental checklist as he threw in his ration packs, smoke signal gernades, and boxers. He strapped on his    LJ-90 Sniper Blaster Rifel on a shoulder sling, put his E-11 on his hip sling, put a few MKII gernades and some flash bangs for some good measure on his belt and Strapped on his Vibro Blade.

He took the picture of his girlfriend  he left at home  to join the Corps from the locker door and wondered what she was doing right now, was she thinking of him, would he see her again? He put the picture back closed his locker and thought to himself "this might be the last time i ever see this room".

He started walking to the door looked at the mirror in front of him and said "Im a soldier now" he stopped shaking turned and walked out the door and headed for the loading bay1.

He got to the loading bay about 5 minutes later. He looked around for Drill but found no one. He was thinking about what he should do when he saw Rema the man who turned him on to the idea of joining the corps. He thought about going and talking to him but he thought he looked quite busy and decided to leave him alone.

After a while of standing around waiting for Drill he decided to just settle his nerves and take a nap. He put his pack on the ground laid down and fell into an uneasy sleep.
[This message has been edited by Mandor (edited November 27, 2003 11:38:29 AM)]
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  221
Total Posts:  96
November 26, 2003 9:21:20 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog dumped his bag on the closest bunk and sighed. He was still not entirely sure what was going on, he'd heard talk of secret republic bases and super weapons that could eat planets whole. He'd decided a while ago to just concentrate on what he knew, and that was that a large portion of the Imperial Army was here, ready to assault some base, and he had decidedly little equipment for the mission that would follow. He attached a shoulder strap to his Deathwind rifle, and slung it over his shoulder, then holstered his issued E-11 rifle. The E-11 was looking rather worse for wear, it was really beyond time he got some decent equipment of his own, but the sniper rifle had cost him a fair chunk of his savings as is.

Frog began doing a quick recon of the surrounding area, trying to find a spare vibroblade, baton, or similar pain-inflicting device for himself, should he find himself getting upclose and personal with the enemy. After a few minutes, he gave up and sighed again, leaning against a wall empty handed. It was at this point a spare cardboard tube rolled off the shelf above him, and landed at his feet. Frog raised and eyebrow, and gave the tube a quizzical look. After the tube didn't reply to his look, Frog picked it up and swung it around him in a quick figure of eight pattern. For a postal delivery device, it was balanced quite well...

Dragoon stood casually against the wall of the bunk room, everyone was busy disassembling, reassembling, cleaning, greasing, and generally mucking around with their equipment. Truely, he didn't see the point in joining in, in fact, it could have quite dire consequences for the mission if he were to try and disassemble some of his thermals. Hoisting himself back fully onto his feet, Dragoon began to wander over to the bathroom facilities, when he was alerted to something by a quiet swishing noise. Spinning around and moving for his sidearm, he just glimpsed Frog's smiling face as something nailed him square in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him.

"I'll be damned," said Frog, "This things even great for throwing."

Frog retrieved the cardboard tube from where it had landed, and made an ad-hoc place for it on his utility belt.

"That thing..." Dragoon took a breath, "Kinda stings aye?"

Frog simply smiled, and wandered off to grab a nap until the battle started.

-----------------------
Corporal Thomas "Firefrog" Phennir

TRP/CPL Firefrog/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

November 26, 2003 10:22:51 PM    View the profile of Rema 
After 10 minutes of slowly walking around and chatting to people, Rema finally made it back into the room DD was using. He looked around and only saw Slash awake. He went over to the table they were playing Sabacc at and dropped his bag and helmet down.

"Where did Afyon go? I thought he would want some more credits from me." asked Rema.

"Heh, after you left he went up to find Kairo at the bridge."

"Shoot. Well are you up for a game Slash?"

"Nah"

"Okay, if you insist." With that Rema sat down at the table and double checked all of his gear. He had noticed when he was heading down here, that the other troopers were talking about all the clothes they had on under their armor. Rema started playing with his armor's abilities and saw that it had a heater/cooler. He shrugged and finished checking his gear.

When he was done, he picked up his datapad and turned on the Imperial Orchestra again. He put his feet up and relaxed waiting for organized chaos to begin.

-----------------------

"We need Boots! Good Boots! The kind of Boots your mother used to make!"

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

[This message has been edited by Rema (edited November 26, 2003 10:27:04 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 26, 2003 11:23:48 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel, Dee and Snake reached the bridge, and were greeted by a smiling Rizzit.

"what are you so hapoy about rizz?" angel asked, "this mission is taking forever to get started."

"Yeah," dee added in, "I think there have been 20 sabaac games played already."

"Well listen up, Wraiths just got their final clearance to leave, so we should be underway in about 3 hours. i'm smiling because i saw what you and dee are carrying." Rizzit responded, "God help you if one of you should go off...you could take out a few city blocks with all those explosives. Also i wanted to talk to your fireteam.

"Now i know you are all HWS, and therefore all of our fire power is going to be concentrated in 1 sled. If there is anything big out there, its on you guys to take it out."

"Sir,"  Angel asked, "i was wondering...this planet is mostly ice right? So whats the danger of say...avalanches and such. also what about wampas like on Hoth? do we have to be on the lookout for crap like that?"

"The answer to both is yes." Rizzit replied, "Since we are uptop, we need to be on the lookout for anything. planetary reports are negative for native life, but that doesn;t mean there isnt. as for avalanches, they can be useful to us if we get in a pickle. once were there i want you 2 to lay some charges on places that may trigger an avalanche. That could be a really good cover for our escape. We have enough time for you guys to go finish up, then i want to report to the docking bay 1 hour before we leave to do a final briefing and gear check...dismissed...."

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

Afyon
ComNet Member

November 27, 2003 9:14:41 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
When Afyon arrived at the bridge, he found Fury and Cosmic there but not Rizzit or Kairo.  He decided to head back down to the squad room and wait it out like the rest of them.  He wanted to brief the squad well in advance of the mission so they could ask questions so he hoped Kairo would come soon so he and him could do the briefing.

Afyon headed back into the squad room and was nearly startled when Rema shouted at him about playing some more sabacc.  Afyon agreed and sat down.  He took out the cards and a stack of credits from his non-equipment bag and put them on the table.  He then dealt the cards and they began another game.

After the first few hands were won by Afyon, Rema began to make a huge comeback and after the next five hands, Rema was almost back to even again.  Afyon looked around the room wondering where Kairo was.

The sooner they briefed the squad the better Afyon thought.

-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
November 27, 2003 2:09:14 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic checked the time from the Bridge before making his way back to his temporary "quarters". The room was really just a small box-like area which contained a small cot and his personal weaponry.

He took the turbolift down to Deck 1 and walked hastily to the Crew Bunks portion of the ship. Once he had arrived, he strode into his designated room and pulled out the bag that he had brought from underneath the cot. His hands rose up and pushed the helmet from his head, and set it down on a nearby chair. He cracked his neck and then unzipped the bag. A small grin spread across his face as he reached in and pulled out his Bi-Polar Blaster BML-150 Carbine. He was debating about whether or not to bring his A280 Armor-Piercing Blaster Rifle, but decided against it. He had put a shoulder strap on his Carbine earlier that year, and slung the weapon over his right shoulder. He zipped the bag back up and slid it under the cot before walking out. The Colonel was about to step out from the Crew Bunks area when the sound of snoring filled his ears. He quickly turned around and saw Private First Class Mandor catching some Zs on his cot.

Cosmic frowned and walked over to the green trooper as he slid the Carbine from off his shoulder. The two nozzles of the Carbine pressed against the trooper's armor before the young man awoke. Mandor's eyes slowly blinked open and was greeted by two nozzles right between the eyes. He leapt back and nearly fell of the three-foot high cot.

"Get up." Cosmic barked. "Get your helmet on and your gear ready. We're heading to the Bridge."

The PFC leapt to his feet and gave a crisp salute. Cosmic returned it and slung the Carbine back over his shoulder. He remembered that he had left his own helmet in his quarters, and he quickly retrieved it. As he slid it back onto his head, he informed Drill that they had only five minutes to get their gear together and meet him on the Bridge.

-----------------------

Cosmic entered the Bridge and received a pleasant surprise: Drill was already up there and ready to go. They're armor polished, their weapons cleaned, and their attention directed at him with a firm salute. Cosmic returned the respect and nodded.

"Good to see you all were prompt." He grinned and then motioned towards their E-11s. "They may look like meager weapons, but believe me, they're your old ladies. You keep 'em clean, and they'll serve you like no other woman will."

Mandor was greeted by the rest of his PFC squad mates as he rejoined their group. PFC Ghost, onyx7, and tyummk showed no sign of fear, which was good, but he could feel that they were about ready to jump out of their skins. He decided to take off his helmet and give a small grin, "The missions not really that hard, fellas. You're all coming back in one piece - alive too."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 27, 2003 2:53:14 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon continued his game with Rema.  The two men were basically even for the day, mostly due to Rema's incredible luck when there was a big pot.  After a couple of more hands, they ended their game and Afyon went to sack out for a while.  After lying down for a few minutes, he realised as usualy, he wasnt going to be able to sleep before the mission.

Afyon took out his datapad and opened a program that gave specifications of all vehicles and ships of every known faction.  At least all known vehicles and ships.  Afyon began to scroll down the list, trying to memorise the general specifications of each rebel tank and also of possible defence installations inside the fortress that they would come across.  Afyon examined each tank carefully and began to download the basic opereating instructions for each.  Since he was not all that expreinced in his new art of warfare, he wanted to ensure he could handle driving and firing one of these tanks.

After spending some time in deep thought, Afyon checked his memory by looking at a picture of each tank and trying to recite to himself the specifics and operating instrutions.  He had narrowed his focus down to tanks that would survive better in cold weather and snow conditions.  After a few more minutes, Afyon had them suitebly well known to use in battle and to use to brief the squad about when it came time.

-----------------------
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
November 27, 2003 7:36:15 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The Messenger took off from the hangar bay of the ISD Dominion. After setting calculations, they made a jump to the Yag'Dhul system. While en route, Kuroishi and Raziel had a little talk with their Squad mates. They hadn't been on ship an hour and already they had complaints about their rebel uniform.

"I feel so....naked in this uniform." Lukas_Yuy complained.

"Ya, we hate them too. But if it gets us into the base, I'm all for it!" replied Kurioshi.

"Ya, but what good will it do us? Once we let them in, a battle will start; and we're gonna be stuck in these things until the mission is over." Argon Remarked.

"Even so, we have to find where the base is. The only way to do that, is to pretend we're rebels. Once we get back to where we attacked the ship, the plan is to contact the same person that the ship sent the message to originally: some "Shantsa" person. We gotta ask for some repairs and refueling after telling him we repelled a large imperial force."

Wraiths also had a new trooper on this mission. Timing served perfectly so that a Drill Squad member moved to Wraiths during their little rest on the dominion. He was still fairly new to the ranks, but had a lot of heart. PFC Tyummk was his name, and he was ready to go. Unlike the others, he hadn't been in the StormtrooperCorps long enough to get used to a Stormtrooper uniform, so he was quite comfortable in his Rebel uniform, even though he knew he was a stormtrooper. Earlier, they had initiated him into the squad, and provided him with all the info he needed for the mission. It was going to be an experience for him, being with a bunch of people that do things no one else would think of doing-things that are essencial to each mission, but don't get noticed as much-the special operations field of the army.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

November 27, 2003 8:36:34 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog laid back in the lounge of the Messanger, with his rifle lying over his lap. Luckily the repairs to the hyperdrive hadn't taken long, and they were now well on their way to Alzoc III aboard the NR corvertte. The New Republic uniform felt strange, especially after having started wearing Stormtrooper armour again the last few months. He glanced around him, at the rest of Jester and Wraith, and noted that most of them didn't look all that comfortable either.

Merrick, Dragoon, Kuroishi and Argon were up on the bridge, preparing themselves for contact with the Republic base. The corvette had all the proper required signals and codes for them to get in contact with the base, but no-one really knew if there was anything they didn't know, some extra verification that the NR would require before they'd believe their story and let the Messanger land.

The plan was pretty simple, Wraith and Jester's primary focus was to gain control of the hanger bay, and keep the doors open for the Raiders, Dark Dragoons, and Drill to land. Frog glanced at his chrono, the other three squads should be just packing up and boarding their shuttles now, it was a two day jump from where the Dominion was stationed to Alzoc III, and the whole thing was being timed so the shuttles would arrive in system approximately two hours after the Messanger, which meant Wraith and Jester wouldn't have long after they landed to secure the bay.

Flicking through the mission briefing, Frog had a look over the specs for the shuttles the other squads would be using:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mu-3 Shuttle

This Sienar Fleet Systems shuttle was the third variant of the successful Mu-class troopship and was created to drop troopers whenever stealth was not required. It measured 20 meters in length, and was capable of hyperspacial travel. Each Mu-3 shuttle was armed with a pair of front-mounted laser cannons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a good thing command had issued them with nice hardy shuttles for the landing, if things got messy in the hanger bay, a little bit of extra fire-power, in the form of a shuttle, could well come in handy.

Flicking to the next page, Frog examined the squad briefing summaries. He knew Jester's mission off by heart, but it was always useful to keep other squads missions in mind, in case one of them needed backup, and of course Jester was authorised to recruit other squads to assist in their mission.

Wraith: Initial capture of the Hanger bay, destruction of the base's reactor core once the other squads have arrived safely.

Jester: Initial capture of the Hanger bay, location and destruction/deactivation of the "superweapon".

Raiders: The location of "Shantsa".

Drill: Assist the Raiders.

Dark Dragoons: Acquisition of enemy hardware, and general destruction/distraction.

If all went to plan, this should be a pretty simple mission, the element of surprise on the Empire's side, the squads should be inside the base by the time the NR has a chance to pull its pants back up and react. Frog smiled slightly, someone in command obviously liked Jester, they were getting all the fun jobs.
[This message has been edited by Firefrog (edited November 27, 2003 10:31:42 PM)]
D-13
ComNet Member

November 27, 2003 8:52:36 PM    View the profile of D-13 
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited November 27, 2003 9:01:48 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

November 27, 2003 8:53:42 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Rema was beginning to like Sabacc. He had won back almost all of what he lost, and thought he was gonna go and make himself a profit. Before he could though, he and Afyon decided to stop and get some rest before heading out.

When Afyon left, Rema put his feet back up on the table and relaxed. He took the credits he won back and tossed them into a bag. He sat there for a while just staring off into space, thinking about the coming battle. It was kind of a meditation he went through before heading into danger.

After a while, he looked down at his stuff and picked up his datapad. He opened up an encrypted file and put in the password. Inside the file was a bunch of pictures and some short films. These items were the only things to remind him of his family.

He selected a small film and played it. The screen flickered for a second and then showed a lush green field, mountains covered by forests rose from the background, and a bright sun shown down on the planet. The image then focused on two small boys running and playing in the field. A warm and soothing female voice began to speak;

"Reon, Lehu, come and get your...." Was all Rema had time to hear before he shut down the datapad. A few of the DD members had gotten up and were beginning to move around. He didnt know why he was so secretive when it came to his family, but right now he didnt have time to worry himself about it.

He closed out his datapad shoved it into his bag with the credits. Picking up the bag, Rema got up and headed back to his quarters to put his earnings and private datapad away.

-----------------------

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

Afyon
ComNet Member

November 27, 2003 9:27:44 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon put away the cards and his credits and proceeded down the the Dark Dragoon equipment bay with his datapad.  One he got there, he went over to one of the Imperial sleds that had been issued to the squad.  There was nothing overly fancy about them, cargo compartment and twin blaster in the back.  A twin blaster on each side and one in the front.  From the looks of it, one person had to sit facing the back in order to control the gun.

Afyon walked over and examined the area of the cargo bay and realised that they were going to have more room than he thought which was good.  He slowly inspected the sled and made sure all of the guns turned and were powered up.  After he was done that he stood back and looked at how the sled could be improved.  His immediate thought was that they did not have any heavy firepower.

After a few minutes of thinking, Afyon decided that the sleds could probably not be modified much both from a practical and tactical point of view.  They were not going to be using them for an assault, mostly just for transportation.

Afyon crawled into the front of the sled and examined the controls.  He began to create an image in his mind of the possible approaches and what to expect.

-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 27, 2003 9:56:56 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel's comlink beeped, waking him from his slumber.

"Angel get your team together and report to the docking bay, its time to go." Rizzit,s voice said, piercing the general quiet of the room.

"Ya boss, on my way." Angel replied. He roused the nearby Dee and Snake, both having crashed near him so they could be ont he move quickly.

The trio made their way to the docking bay at a brisk jog. upon their arrival they were greeted by the rest of the Raiders, all with their gear in tow.

"Ok you guys, saddle up," Rizzit yelled, "This is our combat shuttle for the mission, we are taking it all the way to Alzoc III where we are going to be hot dropped on the sleds once wraiths transmit the coordinates of the base."

"Sir," JR spoke up, "should we prep our sleds now or when we're close to the planet?"

"I would say prep them now," Angel replied, "Or at least get your positions set up and your gear stowed away on the sleds. We can do last minute prep work once were in system."

"agreed" Rizzit added, "its a short flight there, but not short enough where we want to be cooped up in the sleds. Angel you decided to pilot yours right? So you may want to spend some flight time getting used tp the layout. Snipes i don't know who is piloting ours, but we should decide quickly."

"Rizz, i had a question." snake chimed in, "Since we are 1 man short on our sled, Angel wants to slave the unused turrets to the controls, can we do that in flight?"

"i dont want you guys messing with the sled set up. If resistance gets heavy enough, you guys can ditch the sled since you are all HWS and just take them on that way." Rizzit responded.

"Now lets load up."

The Raiders hoisted their equipment, shouldered their weapons and filed onto the shuttle.

After about 5 minutes they were joined by Drill squad, their green recruits looking a little tired and worried.

Rizzit saluted cosmic as they entered the shuttle. "Good to see you sir," Rizzit said, "Looks like since were buddying up for this mission you could use some help from our experienced troops getting your under control."

"Naw, they're alright so far, but you may want to have Snake or Dee chat with the newest ones." Cosmic replied.

just then the pilot came over the com. "All passengers please thae your seats, we have been given clearance to depart the Dominion, stand by for shuttle laucnh....in 5...4...3...2...1..."

the Shuttle lurched as it lifted off the deck and exited the magnetic field of the Dominion, entering the vast wasteland of space...

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
November 27, 2003 10:15:11 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
After Mandor had shakin off the thought of getting his head blown off before even making it to Alzoc, he made his way to the bridge and fell in formation with the rest of drill.

After Cos had read the muster list he ordered them to get to the the loading bay.The Drillies saluted in unison and began to march to the loading bay.(if there is one thing drillies can do right its saluting)

As mandor and the rest of Drill made it to the Bay they saw the Raiders filing in. Mandor took his seat and strapped in.He was thinking a lot. He was wondering,"am i ready to die?,". He looked around at the people around him and realized that yes, he was ready to die. He would give the ultimate sacrafice if need be to save any one of these people.

After he had made the realization he began to calm down and the sick feeling in his stomach began to fade.Just then he heard the pilot come over the intercom and inform them of take off.

Shortly after they felt the lurch of the ship and they were off. Mandor heard Cos yell at them "Were gonna circle the Dominion for about an hour while we wait for the other squads,O i hope you all put on fresh Imperial Underwear, were not gonna be back for a while "

After the ship had gotten out of the hanger Mandor got up and walked to the back of the shuttle with all his gear. He cleaned and inspected each one thouroghly. He sited his sniper and sharpened his Vibro Blade. After he had accomplished that not so small feat he began rehersing his hand to hand combat skills.

If push came to shove he could always break a mans neck with his hands. After working up a considerable sweat he decided to take off his helmet, and turn on his armor cooling system.After he had taken off his helmet the others on board stared for a couple seconds. His left eye had no color.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Mandor (edited November 27, 2003 10:43:48 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

November 27, 2003 10:43:51 PM    View the profile of Rema 
As Rema left his quarters his comlink beeped. He answered and noticed it was Afyon calling.

"Rema, head down to the DD hanger bay, we are getting ready to launch. And move it everyone else is down here" ordered Afyon.

"Righto. On my way."

Rema closed the channel and sprinted down the the lounge room DD was using. He quickly grabbed his stuff and took the lift down to the DD hanger bay. As he entered he saw everyone double checking their gear and heading into the shuttle. He walked over to Kairo and Afyon, and saluted.

"Its about time trooper" said Afyon.

"Sorry, had to put all those nice credits away" replied Rema.

"Make sure you got your stuff and get aboard Rema" ordered Kairo.

"Sir!" Rema said as he saluted. He went over to where the rest of DD was loading and got aboard. He noticed the sleds that were being loaded and wondered what the heck those were for. He shrugged and went in and sat down. He put on his helmet and checked his weapons while waiting for a briefing.

-----------------------

"Luke, I am your Fasha."

Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
November 27, 2003 10:50:36 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick stood on the bridge and looked out ahead of the ship. This uniform was rather uncomfortable, and definitely not made for a woman to wear. She was also wearing her shadowsuit underneath, and it was the first time she'd worn it. Never know, it might actually come in handy in this mission. Being a recon trooper was supposed to be about stealth, after all. Her axe was sitting in a locker farther back in the ship, so that she didn't look too obviously like she wasn't meant to be there.

"Kurioshi, I'm gonna go sit with the rest of my troops, I think Alzoc would know if there is meant to be a female office on board or not, and I don't want to stuff this up." Kurioshi and Argon nodded as she left. Dragoon started to follow. "Stay here Dragoon, we don't both need to be lazy." He looked at Merrick as she grinned and turned to leave again. "Damn her, I don't wanna be standing up here the whole time." And he wandered off anyway. Merrick turned around and glared at Dragoon. "what, we still have ages before we actually get there, not like we all have to stand up there the whole time." Merrick sighed. "Fine." And walked off once more with Dragoon beside her.

"So how is everyone?" Jester and Wraith members looked up as Merrick entered. Frog looked up from reading the full briefing. "Don't trust my expagated version?" He shook his head. "Just want to make sure I know everything I need to, even about the other squad's missions." Merrick nodded and took a seat, leaned back and closed her eyes. Dragoon snickered at her and she opened one eye and looked at Dragoon. "What now?" He shook his head. "Nothin boss, nothin at all."

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword and Squad Leader
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited November 27, 2003 10:55:04 PM)]
D-13
ComNet Member

November 27, 2003 11:07:43 PM    View the profile of D-13 
D-13 was understandably a little nervous since this was his first mission since coming back to Raiders. Hearing Cosmic's little implied joke lightened the moment a little, but the tension of going into battle still remained. As an experienced soldier, he knew that not only the Raiders depended on him to do his part, but the Drill guys too. A slight glance out the window revealed some ships similar to his own shuttle launching out of the bay and circling the giant star destroyer.

The trooper laid his head back on the metal seat backing to relax himself. Tension was no good in any situation, but ESPECIALLY in combat, where the bit of stress may cause the trigger to fire, maybe killing someone.

D-13 turned away from the window, trying to get some sleep before the chaos of battle set in. Fallen Angel, his fire-team leader, sat right next to him, gloomy looking.

"What's wrong?" he finally asked.

"Oh, nothing, just my first time being a fire-team leader."

D-13 shook his head at this notion. Being a leader was a difficult but fulfilling task. The chance to lead men into battle and bring them back alive must have weighed heavily on the ASL. Obviously, being a leader takes more than I thought, thought the sergeant.

Rizzit and Cosmic came walking down the little isle, no doubt discussing the mission. Snake, sitting across from the pair, listened intently. D-13 paid no attention as he was lost in his own thoughts. Rizzit, seeing that the trooper was looking rather lost, walked up to him.

"Hey Dee, don't worry about it so much. This mission's been planned, and planned well," said Rizzit.

The trooper turned away from his squad leader. That was what worried him...

-----------------------

I love this symbol>

[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited November 27, 2003 11:10:16 PM)]
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

November 27, 2003 11:37:30 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog dropped the mission briefing back on the table and stretched, letting out a loud yawn.

Merrick glanced over in his direction, "If you're so bored, why don't you go practice you slicing more? I noticed a few interesting looking training programs on the spare computer in the comms room."

Frog looked back at her, to see if she was serious or not. Judging from her experession that she was very much so, he sighed and hoisted himself out of his seat. Taking his newly found cardboard tube with him, he tapped it on the walls as he wandered towards the comm room.

A couple of hours later, Frog felt ready to collapse ontop of the datascreen, he could recite most common NR cyphers backwards by now, and all the exercises he could either beat flawlessly, or didn't have the slightest how to even start.

"Hrmmm," he thought to himself, "I'm in a big ol' Republic corvette, and as long as I don't mess with the main comms, it doesn't really matter what I do..."

Frog wandered over to one of the internal comms and bent down to open up the covering panel. Pulling out his personal datapad and multitool, he began poking around and seeing what he could find.

---

Merrick spoke without opening her eyes, "If you poke me with that finger one more time, you're going to lose it."

Hashi smiled sheepishly, "Sorry Ma, thought you were asleep," Hashi quickly continued, in order to avoid the smack that was inevitably coming from Merrick, "I was just a little curious why the door light was spelling out "Cosmic enjoys frilly underwear" in Imperial Dot-Code."

At this point Merrick opened her eyes, and casually stared at the light above the entry door for a few seconds, "I'd say its because Jester has a decent candidate for slicer finally," she spoke before returning to her rest.

---

Dragoon wandered into the comms room, and nearly didn't see the missing deck plate until he was on top of it. Peering down the access hole, he saw Frog tangled up in a bunch of wiring.

"Oh good!" Frog exclaimed as he noticed Dragoon, "Hold these together for me, would ya?" he said, passing up a pair of wires.

Dragoon gave him an odd look, but did as he was asked, and after a few more moments of fiddling around, a small terminal screen lit up down by Frog's hip. Plugging his datapad in to a nearby port, Frog began copying the datastream over.

"So what exactly is all that jibberish," queried Dragoon.

Frog scrambled up out of the hole, "Come on, I want to tell Merrick about this."

---

"Really now, if I knew you were going to cause this much racket, I would have let you stay and relax here Frog," Merrick said, with only half implied menace.

Frog held out his datapad, displaying the same cryptic code from the terminal in the comms room, "I was fiddling around in the comms room, and it appears the ship has hard-wired access codes to some of the systems in the NR base." Frog paused for a breath, "At the very least we have over-rides for the hanger bay doors, so if we can't keep them open, or worse, if they lock us out, we have some form of comeback."

"Excellent, good to see you doing something useful with your time, get up to the bridge and inform Kuroishi of the news." Merrick said, dismissing the pair.

"Right away sir," Frog said with a grin and a casual salute.

-----------------------
Corporal Thomas "Firefrog" Phennir

TRP/CPL Firefrog/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Jester++

The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 28, 2003 12:59:37 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel's butterfly's only got worse as the shuttles artificial gravity toyed with Angel. he never really like space travel, and while he had his fair share of it as a bounty hunter, he still preferred having his feet firmly planted on the ground. Needing some sort of distraction to calm his nerves, he unstrapped himself and made his way to the cargo area where the sleds were stored.

Rizzit shot him an understanding look, and Angel nodded as he entered the cargo hold. finding the sled that he was to pilot, Angel slipped inside and began familiarizing himself with the controls. he ran a few diagnostics on it, testing response times, then ran over what every  little button controlled.

he was interrupted by the sound of the cargo bay door opening. Angel wasnt the least bit surprised when Rizzit peeked his head inside the sled.

"you ok there angel?" rizzit inquired.

"ya sure boss," angel replied, "no problems here."

"you know i remember my first mission in command. just shortly after your brother was captured all those years ago. man i was nervous. luckily i had otto there to keep me sane. Just remember angel, I picked you as ASL for a reason."

"Ya because there was noone else." ANgel joked. They shared a laugh, easing the tension Angel still held onto.

"No, i chose you because you go with your gut, and its usually right. Dont second guess yourself out there. If you do, then you WILL screw up. you dont have time to think in battle, just react. So go with your gut." Rizzit gave angel a hearty whack on the back, "Now finish up here and get back with the others, those Drill newbies are really sweating it out there."

"Ya sure boss, be there in a minute..." Angel muttered, going back to his evaluation of the sled.

But what if my gut is wrong? Angel couldnt help but wonder....

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
November 28, 2003 1:54:08 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic checked the time from a console's readout and noticed that it was time for them to get underway. Cosmic got up from the steel seat and walked up to the cockpit. He sat down in the chair and began entering the coordinates for Alzoc III. He activated the comm. link and opened a channel to all of the Mu-3's as well as the Dominion.

"Attention all squad's, it has been approximately one hour since both Jester and Wraith left on the Messanger. Dominion, we are preparing for hyperspace."

"Copy that, Mu-3. You are authorized to make the jump into hyperspace," came the reply of a young communications officer.

Cosmic entered the coordinates to Alzoc III into the ship's computer and engaged the hyperdrive, "Hold on people. Get ready for a little jolt," Cosmic warned, knowing that Drill's ears would be listening intently on what was being said.

The stars outside the Mu-3 shuttle soon become streaks of white as the shuttle escaped into hyperspace. Cosmic double-checked the coordinates before getting up from his seat and removing his helmet. He sat back down on the steal bench and set his helmet beside him.

"Well, I guess now would be the best time to brief you all on what our mission entails. Do you mind, Sergeant Major?" Cosmic asked, looking across the small isle at the Raiders squad leader. Rizzit shook his head, "No. Go right ahead, Colonel." Cosmic nodded and began eyeing the troops that sat around him.

"Before we even came out here in the Customs Corvette and captured the Messanger, the Dominion intercepted a message from the NR's Corvette to Alzoc III. Now, we've received messages since then and have discovered that the individual accepting and sending the messages from Alzoc III is a man called Shantsa. Now, we know the schematics were a ruse, but that doesn't mean we just can't give a sigh of relief and sit back. That message we intercepted was intended for us to capture and listen in on. The Rebels wanted is to receive that message and take the bait which they were dangling in front of us. Now, this only brings us to the conclusion that those scum are doing something on that planet that they don't want us to know about." Cosmic leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees, "Now, our mission is simple. We are to eliminate any threats that we come into contact with. Shoot to kill. Now, compared to the mission objectives of the other squads, we've got it easy. The other squads have a bit more of a fun time. Their job is to actually find this Shantsa character and find out what's really going on behind the scenes. Now, there any questions?"

Cosmic took one quick glance around the room, but no hands rose. Cosmic gave a nod and leaned back against the bulkhead. Everyone had questions, the main one being if there we going to be able to walk out of this mission with their lives. Everyone had the same question, and everyone knew that that question could not be answered. It all came down to their own abilities, instincts, and reflexes.

"You know," began PFC onyx7. "You join the Corps thinking that someday you're going to be this great war hero. Medals strewn across your ceremonial uniform, young women literally throwing themselves at you, hoping to even just touch the material of your military jacket." He paused for a moment; his helmet, like everyone else, was still on his head, not bothering to remove it. "You never expect to feel so scared. It's only when you're actually going through a real mission do you finally realize that there's a chance that you might not even make it out alive."

Cosmic turned his head and half a grin formed on his face, "Everyone goes through that sometime or another, Private. Hell, all of us here have gone through it. You learn to get used to it in time. The risks still exist, but you really pay no mind to them. They're just there, and you can't do a damn thing about it, so you live with it."

Cosmic set his Carbine next to his legs and closed his eyes, hopefully turning this two-day trip into a shorter one.

----------------------
OOC: Ok, just in case you didn't read Firefrog's edited post, here are the details of the combat shuttles we are taking:

Mu-3 Shuttle
This Sienar Fleet Systems shuttle was the third variant of the successful Mu-class troopship and was created to drop troopers whenever stealth was not required. It measured 20 meters in length, and was capable of hyperspacial travel. Each Mu-3 shuttle was armed with a pair of front-mounted laser cannons.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:52:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 351  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >