Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Doomsday Savior
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
  RE: Doomsday Savior
November 21, 2003 9:06:28 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel, Snipes and Afyon crept up the corridor to where the wraiths remained pinned down.

"Kuroishi, this is Angel, were on our way to back you guys up, we ran into a little action back there."

"No problem Angel, fury's nausea gas took out most of them, and were moppin the rest up now." Came Kuroishi's reply.

Just then fury's voice came over the ships com. "Attention all VE personel, we are in control of the ship, and all resistance has ceased. Clean up remaining rebels, then report to the bridge. Fury out."

The three reached the Wriaths just as they pumped the last rebel with stun bolts.

"Nice to see were all still alive and kicking." snipes said.

"Ya, only problem is Raz got a nice mouh full of Fury's stuff, so he's a little.....queasy." Kuroishi pointed over his shoulder at Raz, who looked a tad but unsteady.

"I'm fine, just forgot the vetiliation system was right above my head. Shall we then?"

The 5 troops shouldered and holstered their weapons, then started their trek back to the bridge.

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL): RAIDERS SQUAD

TRP/ASL/SGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [RoM]
"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
November 21, 2003 10:55:04 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi looked at the multitude of minor blaster scorches on his VMCA.  This was the kind of action it was designed for and once again it had not let him down.

It had been a very long time since Kuroishi wore it last.  While very protective against energy weapons it also had become too infamous to use in extended operations.

Kuroishi looked over at Raziel as the SL's and ASL's gathered for the after action reports.

"Wraith reports seventeen fully intact prisoners with no enemy kills as ordered."  Kuroishi knew he alone could have racked up more but with the strict orders not to use killing weapons and kill settings on weapons it was still a fraking good number.

Kuroishi had seen the inside of a corvette a few times and was certain he could have everything well in hand.

There was one thing that troubled Kuroishi.  Varneck Marines were trained to operate in rapidly varying gravity and vacum so they had no qualms about blasting holes in the sides of ships and spacing the crews.  The tactic used by Fury was similar and he wondered why no one else thought about it from the get go.  Kuroishi certainly would have if the orders allowed it.  Heck Kuroishi even thought about bringing along tear gas but decided anyone not effected by a flashbang wouldn't be affected by tear gas either..

Despite all his insanities, acts of insubordination, pranks, and inappropriate behavior Kuroishi was still a very professional person.

Kuroishi began studying the ship's computers while the other SL's gave thier own reports.

"Raz you're a bit of a slicer aren't you?"  Kuroishi said as he started working on the encryption of the ship's logs.

"I've had to do some in my line of work but I don't think I'm that great at it."  Raziel replied.

"Probably at least as good as I am if not better.  If we're going to use this ship to get the platoon to it's final destination we're going to have to learn everything we can about the captain, the comms officer, and anyone who has access to the data in the secure computer core.  Since there is no detectable holographic projector or any sign of video input devices for communication that it is very likely we'll have a good chance of pulling this subterfuge off."  Kuroishi said as Raziel sat down at the consule next to him.

"What about Argon and Lukas?"  Raziel replied.

"Argon's basic is a bit too accented from the fact he's a whiphid for him to pass himself off as anyone we've come accross.  Lukas will be made familiar with an officer in case we do need a third person for the challenge sequence.  You and I have the most expierience with passing ourselves off as someone else.  I haven't read the dossier of Jester squad recently to know if they'd be any help, but if we need more people for the challenge sequence we'll have to make sure that they are up to speed as much as possible as well.  Who knows we could get lucky and only need the comm tech for the challenge sequence."  Kuroishi rambled.

"What I don't get is the small complement of personel."  Raziel added.

"They wanted to keep a secret.  The fewer people involved with something the easier it is to keep secret.  What bothers me is that we met so many troops and so few crewers.  This size of ship is barely big enough to hold thirty people.  All kills, stuns, and other accounted for we've got a total of almost fifty people on this craft without any modular attachments for extra personel beyond the minimum compliment.  That means they were expecting to be boarded and just crammed extra troops on board right before being attacked.  There is something larger going on here then a simple hyperdrive malfunction."  Kuroishi answered as he broke into the captain's personal logs.

[OOC:  Just thinking ahead a little for when we get to the planet and they contact us to make sure we are the ship they are expecting.  Anyone want to trade scanning computer files for interogating the prisoners?  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
November 22, 2003 2:16:57 AM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC] Nope. [/OOC]

Fury applied the fat head of a hydrospanner upside the skull of a Gotal who seemed to be withholding information.

Down the hall from the sickbay was a conference room, currently being taken up by the New Republic bridge crew and a few of the ship's defense teams unit leaders.  The Gotal had been fingered as the defender's military commander.

Fury stepped aside as the man fell out of his seat and hit the floor.  Looking up at the rest of the grimacing captives, he decided to try something new. Gotals were hyper-sensitive to the Force and everyone knew it.  Now it was time to let people consider the possibilities.

"Alright, here's the deal.  We get jumped by you guys coming in-system.  We then board and use as non-lethal of a methodology as we can to take this ship.  What you just saw can be defined two ways.  One, it is the single-most violent thing my people have done to you today.  Two, it means my patience is at an end.  I've got a Dark Jedi watching another friend of your's down the hall.  If I bring him in here, he's going to do things with the Force to this guy" pointing towards the floor, "that will give you nightmares for the rest of your days.  At the least, his screams will deafen you for a few hours.  I'm going to go get said Jedi and let my XO give you every reason to believe I mean what I say."

Fury headed to the down and let Peacemaker know to say little and let the prisoners hash out their new predicament.  He handed the spanner over to him in case he felt like whacking another head in.

Then he went to find Cosmic who was trying to figure out what the captured noncombatant had in his head and in his portable.

[OOC] Man, was I tired.  Had to edit half the friggin' story just to get it to make some sense again. [/OOC]
  -----------------------
PRF/GEN Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 22, 2003 10:51:48 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 22, 2003 12:13:35 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
While wraiths were planning out how to slip past New Republic Security, and Fury was "working" on the prisoners, Angel sat down on a nearby couch and put his feet up. Pulling out a concealed flask of Corellian Whiskey, he took off his helmet and knocked the edge off.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Rizzit glancing at him. Rizzit shook his head then motioned for Angel to come over to him. "Fallen, you are an ASL now, try and act like one. but we'll deal with that later. scanners show activity down on the bottom level crew quarters. I want you to check it out. All VE personnel have been accounted for, so its not one of ours."

"You want me to go by myself?" Angel asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to have to ask you to do this alone. I need Snipes up here with me, plus i know you can handle whatever's down there."

"Bottom crew quarters huh?" angel replied, "Still have to control myself?"

"If you are attacked, you can return fire, as long as its not wearing an officers uniform. Try and keep as many alive as possible. that is IF thats whats going on down there."

"Right, be back in a jif boss." angel threw a quick salute, grabbed his e-11 and ran to the turbolift. He took it down 2 decks to the bowels of the ship. Checking every corner, E-11 in one hand, flashbang in the other, Angel reached the first crew bunk door.

hoping to use the element of surprise with whatever was down here, Angel simply blasted the door pad. The room was dark, and big. The only light was a flashing computer terminal in the corner of the room. Angel pulled the pin on the flashbag and lobbed it into the room. He heard it bounce once, twice, then explode with brilliant flash of light. Angel dove into the room, hit the ground and rolled. Springing to his feet, he realized the room was empty, except for 3 pairs of golden eyes looking at him from the corner.

Angel found the light switch and turned on the lights. hiding in the corner was a pair of protocol droids and an R-5 unit.

"Rizz, this is angel." he said, thumbing the comlink, "I found some droids stashed away down here, 2 C-3 units and an R-5."

"roger that angel, bring them up here, they may come in useful."

Angel walked up to one of the C-3 units. "identiify yourself droid." Angel snapped

"I am unit C-3RO, personal assistant to Captain Quill, commander of this vessel."

Angel smiled and turned the comlink on again. "Kuroishi, this is Angel, i think i have something you might find useful."

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of GOD."
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
November 22, 2003 7:01:12 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned around and met Fury. "Yes sir?"

"Cosmic, there's some Gotal's below that need your attention. I believe we can squeeze some information out from that bunch, and since they can detect Force-Sensitive creatures, I figured you'd entice them to cooperate."

A grin formed on Cosmic's face, "Gotal's, eh?"

Fury nodded, "You know much about them?"

Cosmic shook his head, "Only that they have two cone-shaped horns on their head and they're furry little bastards."

"That's about right. Anyway, one of them is lying on the floor, waiting to be a demonstration of the power of the Force. I told them that I knew Dark Jedi that would be pleased to perform."

"On my way."

---------------

Cosmic entered the room where the Gotal's where held, holding his E-11 in a standard at-ease position. The Gotal's eyes widened, and those who were sitting on the floor immediately rose to their feet; their eyes fixed on the Stormtrooper. One Gotal, and probably the bravest of the bunch, pointed at him.

"A Jedi Stormtrooper? Well, that's rare indeed! I must say that the gift of the Force has been wasted on such a brainwashed individual."

"You have information that I need to acquire," Cosmic grinned inside his helmet as he added, "And I will obtain it with any force necessary."

"We know nothing." the bold one declared. "We don't even want to be here. We hate droids and the Empire. We don't fancy the New Republic much either, but the pay is good."

"The schematics. Where are they?"

"We don't know," said the Gotal on the floor, now in a sitting position.

Cosmic looked down and made a slight gripping motion with his right hand. The Gotal opened his mouth and began gasping. It wasn't long before both of his hands were grabbing at his throat. The Gotal's in front of Cosmic took a few steps back, but their fear for their friend was clearly in their eyes.

"The schematics or he dies."

"Ok!" One of them leapt from the back; her arms outstretched in sympathy for her friend. "Just let him go. I know where they are."

Cosmic released his grip and nodded his head. The young Gotal frowned, but kept looking up at Cosmic's helmet.

"There's a man who is attached to a small computer in Engineering. The computer has the plans."

Cosmic grinned, "Very well, but if I discover that I have been double-crossed, your friend will die." The young Gotal said nothing, and Cosmic turned to leave. As soon as he rounded the corridor corner, he contacted Fury.

"General, it appears that the schematics are on a laptop. The laptop is handcuffed to someone in engineering."

"What a coincidence," Fury said, "We just happened to have apprehended such a man. The laptop will be searched for the schematics."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 22, 2003 10:39:20 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi hated dealing with protocal droids.  They had a nasty habit of rambling worse then he would.

To avoid such a headache Kuroishi just shut off thier vocalizers and jacked a portable computer in and started analyzing the droid's memory.

"Great don't tell me you're trained to work on droids too."  Raziel bemused while still working on the ship's main computer with the aide of a few techs.

"No, but when you grow up on a planet that can barely support human life you learn how to keep any sort of technology working as a matter of survival.  Besides I've always seemed to have a knack with computers."  Kuroishi replied.

Now that a few tech arrived to help go over the computers and the encryption algorythims were understood Wraith would be well prepared to pass themselves off as the command officers of this ship.

"Mixed bag of news sir.  There appear to be enough intact uniforms to pass off most of the crew, but the majority of the engineers were killed by a TD and thus thier uniforms are largely useless."  An anonymous private reported after scouring the ship.

"Well have to take our chances that the NR doesn't want to inspect us.  I need to see the captain that was previously in charge of this vessel right away.  I need to clear up a few things that are in his logs and a few things that aren't in his logs."  Kuroishi cut in on the private's report.

[OOC:  I'd continue with this a bit more but I got a few things to puzzle out first.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
November 23, 2003 3:38:39 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"General Fury Sir!" TK called out as he ran towards the officer.
"Yes Sergeant?" Fury replied.
"Sir!" TK shouted as he saluted.
"Ok, cut the formalities just get to the point" Fury ordered.
"Yes Sir, scanners show no more activities inside the enemy craft, I'm not sure Sir, but maybe we should get a scanning team in to do a close up search, these republicans are very sneaky Sir" TK pointed out.
"Hmm, ok go ahead and lead a fireteam in there, take one of the garisoned Imperial Troops, let our strike teams rest." Fury ordered.
"Aye Sir!" TK replied as he saluted.
Just as TK turned around, Fury called him back...
"Sergeant, why aren't you wearing your armour?" Fury asked.
"I haven't been issued with one Sir" TK replied.
"You're still suppose to be wearing a Field Armour when you're wearing a garison uniform" Fury pointed out again.
"Haven't been issued one Sir, besides i'd be better off wearing a leather jerkin" TK replied.
"Ok, you may go" Fury said as he dismissed the Sergeant.
"Yes Sir" TK replied as he saluted.

-------------10 minutes later-------------
TK stood in front of  three garisoned PFCs armed with an S-11 Stun blaster, A Enforcer Heavy Slugthrower Pistol and A Mynock Q33 Silent Slugthrower Pistol. Out of the four, only one PFC was wearing a stormtrooper armour. TK himself was wearing a leather jerkin and a radiopack strapped onto his back.

"Ok, PFCs Tely and Kraak will be operating the scanner. PFC Josykar will be providing fire and I will maintain communications with the corvette, is that understood?" TK said
"Yes Sergeant!"

The four entered the corvette with ease,  PFC Josykar though was a bit jumpy as it was his first combat action. The Upper Deck was searched clear, with no stone left unturned. The Area was clear...

"SGT TK-112 reporting to base...Upper Deck is clear" TK reported
*Static*
"Roger that Sergeant"

Suddenly, a rustling voice was heard from the vents above them. TK quickly signalled Josykar to start aiming towards the vents.

"Everyone, stun settings on..."TK whispered.

The rustling voice was heard again, followed by a blast from TK's stun rifle. Josykar and TK quickly jumped up to open the hole.

"What the hell...it's an officer..."Josykar mumbled.
"This is SGT TK-112, Inform General Fury that we have just captured a New Republican Officer, looks like a Major, we found him hiding inside the vents, he looks very pale, probably from over exposure to the Nauseia Gas, requesting medical help in the upper deck." TK reported...
  -----------------------
Sergeant David "TK-112" Bowman
Advisor - 1.2 Dark Dragoons SQD
Ex-Squad Leader 1.2SQD 
ADV/SGT TK-112/advisor-1.2sqd/VEA/VE [CoR]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited November 23, 2003 3:44:35 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
November 23, 2003 7:29:58 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
As the rest on the troops were checking the rest of the ship out for hidden troops. Kairo started looking for a booby trap. "Ifmy ship were under attack and I had special documents. Where would I put the bomb, so no one would get them?" Kairo said as he went down one of the access toobs in the engine room.

Crawling forward he started his check thourgh this area. Ten minutes later. "Nothing. I was sure there would be something. Guess I have to look else where." Heading off for the upper crew quarters he ran into Afyon who was disposing of a dead rebel trooper from the fight. "Hey Afyon, I might need your help. I'm scanning the harder to reach areas of theis ship for a bomb."

"i have nothing better to do." Afyon said as he dropped the corpse to the ground.

"I have checked every where except the upper quarters. Tha's where were headed now." Kairo said as he stepped into the lift up. As the doors slid open he noticed that there was not much noise besides the coolent from the air ducts. "Ok you check that end I will check this end."

"Roger." Afyon replied as he stepped off for the other end of the corridor.

Stepping into the first troopers room he found nothing unusual, besides a few photos and a ugly bed cover. When he stepped into the hall he figgered he would let Afyon take over the rooms. Pulling out a desk from the next room over he opened up the air duct hatch and climbed in. The first thing he noticed was the clouds of nasea gas still hanging in the air. The next thing he noticed was a small detenator attached to the power conduits running thorugh the air ducts. As Kairo looked farther on he saw another small bomb a few feet away. Then another, and another. "Well I found the bomb. Except it's more that one." As his gaze extended down the tube he saw enough explosives to blow of the entire top level of the ship.

"Nothing like Rigging your ship to blow." Those schematics have to be awful important." Turning his comlink on. "Hello. I need someone with equipment for deactivating a bomb up hear. Along with maybe two other people who can help me with this. From my viewpoint. I think we are talking about 25 explosives. ready to blowup at any moment."

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
SL/CPL Kairo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve[CDS]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 23, 2003 9:41:29 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi couldn't help but laugh.  This entire boarding operation was taking too long.  The ship had been secured for nearly ten minutes now and just a few moments ago someone had finally decided to search for hidden compartments and booby traps.

Kuroishi was going over the ship's manifest and crew listings.  Nothing he could do about the explosives except maybe lend a tech his tools, but a tech would have his own tools anyway.

The million credit question that needed to be answered was who was actually the skipper of this vessel?

They had gotten names and titles(no matter thier rank a skipper is almost always called commander or captain or sir) but no positive identification yet.

For a vessel of this size and importance it could be anybody with the rank of lieutenant and above.

The personal logs of the captain confirmed he was human.  Also confirmed his name.  The answer he wanted was in the protocal droid.

Kuroishi slid back over to the portabale computer hooked into the protocal droid and began searching through it's memory files once more.

With the organized chaos of the boarding action no one was able to fill Kuroishi's request so Kuroishi was going to have to take matters into his own hands.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

November 23, 2003 7:14:27 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury remembered a holodrama from when he was a kid.  Out on Bovo Yagen, shows were broadcast a season at a time, then you'd be left for months without any knowledge of what your favorite characters were doing.  This stunk really as you'd watch a show every night for a couple weeks and then be stunned at the amount of trauma these people went through day after day.  To viewers Coreward of course, each episode was a weekly affair so it didn't feel like blunt trauma.

Anyways, his mother used to watch one called The Journey Home about a ship with a bad hyperdrive stuck out in the Unknown Regions.  Each episode, at sublight speed the crew would encounter bizarre alien species or find some super-secret hidden piece of danger and/or turmoil aboard their ship.

Fury now felt like the captain of the ship in The Journey Home, faced with a new secret that could kill him every second.  Or at least another hiding passenger, droid, or pet.

Hitting the ship-wide comm system, he announced, "Look, enough with the surprises.  If anyone is still hiding, missing, stuck in the can or has information of anything like that, speak now or forever watch any remaining anomalies shot on sight. That's it.  The end."

Clicking off the comm, Fury went to the bridge to check on a status report for both ships.  Sitting here in empty space with two half-functional craft was starting to get on his nerves.

Come to think of it, that might just explain why in the final episode of The Journey Home, the captain causes a fusion leak in a dispersal container and takes out the entire ship while singing show tunes on the bridge wearing nothing but a set of boxers and drinking out of a whiskey bottle.

Fury was starting to crave a drink. Maybe a bottle's worth.
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 23, 2003 7:15:55 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 23, 2003 10:56:31 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
With a lack of anything better to do, and his affinity for explosives, Angel ran up to the upper crew quarters to help out Kairo. Reaching the turbolift, he went to the upper deck, and jogged into the quarters.

"looks like you got yourself a little problem there Kairo." Angel quipped. "Lemmie take a look at it...."

almost a minutes passed as Angel careully looked over the explosives. "Standard remote detonation mines...looks like all of them are slaved together so that they only require one trigger."

Pulling out a small knife, angel pried the cover off one of the mines. The inside of the mine was like nothing he had seen before. "Well this is new... these are no ordinary mines...see how they about half are attached to the ventilation shafts..they have some sort of bio-toxin agent...this keeps getting wierder by the minute."

"so whats the verdict Fallen?" Kairo asked

"good news bad news situation. good news, this seems to be the control mine, the one that they are all slaved too. i can change the frequency input for the remote detonator so that it doesn't work. Bad news...if i pause on any frequency being used...game over..."

"what about just cutting the wires? you know red, white, green...which one is it...." Afyon said.

"no can do, if i mess with the wiring they blow, they have backup power supplies, so even if i do cut the right wire, the backup will trigger the bomb. So i have this choice only. What i need is a list of all VE frequencies in use right now, and i need one of them shut down. Then i can change to that frequency without much danger."

Kairo got on the com to Fury. "General, Angel is dealing with the booby-traps, but we need to shut down one frequecny on our com system to do it."

Fury's voice came over the com. "OK Kairo, tell Angel that he can use the IH channel, since IH isnt in service right now."

"Roger that, Kairo out."

"Well there ya go angel," Afyon joked, "its all on you now..."

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 24, 2003 9:10:09 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I still need a few pieces of information so I'm going to have to pull one last rabit out of my hat.  At least it is a source of information that we already have.  /OOC]

Kuroishi's head was starting to go numb and hurt at the same time.  How droids stored thier perceptions of the world in thier memory banks was a madening thing.

At least he was making progress.

Siphering through the droid's memory Kuroishi found something he hadn't noticed before, a small encrypted file hidden in the vissual memory block.  No wonder he hadn't found it before now.  It was an ordinary data file hidden in the video memory.  Kuroishi would have to remember that trick.

He set his computer's decryption routine to work on it and called over a tech so that he could take a break.

"Sir you're not going to believe this.  I think you've found wht you're looking for."  The tech spouted after only a few moments.

On the screen were the orders for the captain.  Included in them was the challenge protocals and instructions on how and where to hide this file.  Clever but not when someone wants to scan a droid's memory to find out what a person looks like.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
November 24, 2003 12:31:46 AM    View the profile of Dragoon 
"You know, Dragoon, you could probably help dismantle those explosives," Merrick said to him as a plume of smoke hung over the small lounge they had found after taking the prisoner to General Fury. 

"I just blow stuff up, I doubt that's what they want to do with them," Dragoon replied, puffing on a thick cigar he had found.  "Besides, who knows when something else happens?  I mean, we might have a magical race of beings appear out of no where and offer all the troops oral sex.  What if I'm not here to greet them?!"

Merrick rolled her eyes as she checked throughout the room.  "It does seem peculiar how everything keeps falling in to place.  It's almost like a bad holodrama written by teenagers."

Dragoon chuckled and nodded.  "I was thinking the same thing.  But hey, at least it's got one or two compelling characters.  Anyway, what do you think ol' General Fury is getting out of that prisoner?"

Merrick shrugged.  "Hopefully something useful.  This whole mission was pretty boring.  It would be a shame if the only thing we got out of it was oral sex from magical alien beings."

-----------------------
SSGT Dragoon
Roses are Red
And Ready for Plucking
You're Sixteen
And Ready for High School
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 24, 2003 2:05:22 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Let's rock already.  /OOC]

"Raz, go tell the rest of Wraith to get in the briefing room in ten minutes.  I'll get a copy of this data to TK-112 and make sure he passes it to Fury.  We're going to get to have some fun."  Kuroishi said as he popped a data disk in the computer and started the copy.

It took only a moment for the copy to be made but ten minutes to track down TK-112.  Appearantly he'd cleared the last of the resistance with the help of a stormtrooper and a couple combat engineers.

"I believe you and General Fury will be interested in this data disk.  I have a squad to brief."  Kuroishi said as he handed the data disk to TK-112.

Kuroishi made a quick getaway while TK-112 tried to get him to stop and explain what was on the data disk.

Returning to the Custom's Corvette the rest of Wraith was assembled in the briefing room.

"I've got some good news for a change.  Only myself and Raziel will be needed to pull of the subterfuge neccessary to get close to our final destination.  We're to work with Jester squad to open the doors of the fortress where a project named 'Savior' is being developed so that the platoon can enter and do thier jobs.  Once the doors are open and the other squads are inside we're to disable the fortress's power systems with precise and proper use of liberal amounts of high explosives on the order of destroying the facility.  Unfortunately there seem to be no details about the kind of resistance we'll face, but I suspect it to be exceptionaly heavy.  Before we can get to that point though we must take as many uniforms as possible and outfit a crew and ourselves and Jester squad.  Everyone else will remain concealed until we secure the entry point.  We've got plenty of space on this CR-90 for weapons and high explosives, but don't forget rations and long underwear.  Where we're going it's gonna be cold."  Kuroishi rambled as soon as he entered the door to the briefing room.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited November 24, 2003 2:07:10 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
November 24, 2003 2:26:54 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon paced around while Angel continued to work on the bomb.  He started to examine some of the papers that were thrown from the desk during the seach for a possible bomb.  There was nothing of importance there nor anywhere else in the engine room.  Every was in perfect order...almost too perfect it seemed.  Afyon paced around some more.

"For god sake stand still or sit down somewhere!" Angel shouted, not looking up from his work.  Afyon looked over at Angel and then left the engine room.  He met Kairo coming back from relaying his message.

"Shall we have the squad stand by for a briefing?" Afyon asked Kairo.

"Go ahead Afyon, I am going to stay here with Angel and see if he needs anyother help, relay a few more messages when needed.

Afyon nodded and walked down the corridor and eventually made his way up the hatch into the Customs Corvette.  There he quickly gathered the Dark Dragoons together and informed them that the boarding mission was successful.  He also alerted them that they were to stand by for some form of ground assualt and that a more detailed briefing will follow shortly once Fury had completed his analysis of the plans.

"Will we have any tanks or vehicles?" One of the Dark Dragoons asked.

"There are no tanks on board this ship, I am not sure if our mission is going to be to steal them or if we are going to act as a normal infantry squad for this mission. I will inform you all as I get more details. One thing is for sure though. We are now going into mission preparation. You are each allowed one more drink and then no more alcohol until after we successfully complete whatever mission we are going on. Also go light on the snackfood, itll give you stomache cramps later. Eat some good food and drink water.  Also make sure you have water and ratios packed and warm clothing to put under your armor. Rumour has it we are going to a cold planet. Strip and clean your weapons and check all of your ammo packs, you are probably going to need them."

Afyon dismissed them and headed back aboard the corvette to see if Kairo and Angel needed any help.  He also wanted to find out more about the mission.

-----------------------
ASL/SST_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
November 24, 2003 7:27:38 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic stood behind the computer tech who was seated at a metal table that was bolted to the floor. The tech's fingers flew over the keyboard as he typed in various commands and sifted through the numerous windows that popped onto the screen. Cosmic crossed his arms and stared intently at the screen. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the tech grinned as the window which he had been searching for blew up onto the monitor.

"Found it, Colonel. It was decently encrypted, so that's what caused the delay."

Cosmic nodded. He wasn't surprised. "The portable computer is handcuffed to some guy in Engineering, which I believe, the Rebels thought they could hide him in case someone boarded their ship. It's not surprising that they encrypted the files even after the fact that it is being watched constantly." Cosmic patted the tech on the shoulder and stood up from his hunched position. "Now, let's see what these bastards have been cooking up."

The tech got up from his seat to let Cosmic sit down and analyze the schematics. Cosmic sat down and removed his helmet, placing it on the table. Cosmic scrolled both stared at the screen for what seemed like hours. It didn't make sense. These schematics weren't schematics. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead and slid into his eye, stinging his disappointed eye. He got up in a rage and slammed the desk with his fist.

"God damn it!" He grabbed his E-11 and shot a clean hole right through the monitor. A few sparks flew from the portable computer, some sizzling was heard and a little smoke swirled up from the pile of mess. He turned to the tech and nodded, "All that trouble for nothing. Damn it."

Cosmic stormed out of the small room and began a quick walk to where General Fury was interrogating the man whom Dragoon and Merrick had found in Engineering; the man who had been cuffed to the portable computer.

---------------------------

He entered a semi-large room where the officer's they captured from the Bridge were idling. Peacemaker was looming over a seated ensign, trying to dig up any information, when Cosmic walked in. Peacemaker turned around and gave a quarrying-like nod.

"The General?"

Peacemaker motioned to the door to his left, "He's interrogating that Rebel bastard from Engineering. Hasn't got much out of him yet. The guy keeps on saying he doesn't know anything."

Cosmic snickered, "Well, we do now. I managed to decrypt his portable computer and found the schematics." He shook his head, "The mission was a waste." He walked over to the sliding doors and knocked twice before pushing a button on the pad attached to the wall and walked in.

Fury had his arms crossed when he looked up to see who entered the room. Cosmic gave a quick salute before spilling the news. The General cocked his to one side and his eyebrows lowered as he digested the information.

"The schematics were a sham? The damned schematics were nothing!?"

Cosmic shook his head, "The seemingly only good news from this is that there is no super weapon being developed."

"There's still Alzoc III," Fury pointed out. He looked down at the man he was interrogating for only a second before nodding to Cosmic and walking out of the confined room. Cosmic followed him past the room of imprisoned officers and into the following corridor.

"The message we intercepted was being sent from this ship to Alzoc III," began Fury as he spun around to face Cosmic.

"Intel?"

Fury nodded, "That's what we need. Intel of what the hell is on Alzoc III." Fury shook his head, "Well, let's get this piece of NR junk fixed. I want her prepped and ready as soon as possible."

Cosmic nodded, "Yessir."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

November 25, 2003 12:55:21 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury sat in the captain's chair, looking out at empty space. 

A bum mission.  Lovely.

The Imperial crew had split into skeleton teams to man both ships.  In about an hour they could perform some hyperdrive tests and get back to the Dominion where the rest of their squads and equipment were.  Twenty passengers was the rating for the customs corvette and apparently every squad had tried to sneak a trooper onboard it.  They would all be better served to get back to a proper Star Destroyer, jump to the edges of Alzoc III and take an actual run into the system from combat shuttles.

Basically, everyone was too eager to get into action to remember the logistical end of the conflict.

Everyone but Merrick and Kuroishi apparently.  Each had handed him a TO&E that even the Dominion couldn't handle.  Dragoon's hand was evident in some of this. Not even a legion needed that many thermal detonators.  The rest of the SLs would have their requests in soon enough he thought.  Best now to enjoy the bleak view before things picked up again.

-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 25, 2003 12:55:42 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Sweat beaded off of Angel's forehead as he continued his tedious work. Slicing was not his speciality, and this required just a tad bit of it. His hands were shaking with every breath as he made the last few adjustments.

"There..." Angel said, removing his datapad from the remote circuit. Angel stood up and took a deep breath. "If we had a trained slicer that would have been a lot shorter"

"Ya well, we seem to be short on those these days" Kairo responded, "You did well enough. Afyon is briefing the Dragoons, and i suspect Rizzit wants his ASL there to brief the rest of Raiders. So lets move out."

"sounds like aplan to me," Angel said.

The two made their way out of the engine room as angel's comlink beeped. "Angel this is Rizzit, report to the bridge immediately...we umm have had another complication, and we need to bring the rest of the Raiders up to speed."

"Why does this sound ominous?" Angel replied.

"Because things like this always do.' Rizzit said, "I dont have all the details, but Fury should be briefing us shortly. Also get your list of supplies ready, we need to get those to Fury before we part the Dominion."

"Yessit, right away. Angel out"

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited November 25, 2003 12:59:09 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

November 25, 2003 9:45:21 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
As Kairo walked into the room where Afyon was finishing off the briefing with the DarkDragoons. He decided to wait until he was finished to see how his troops responded, and to just watch how well Afyon could fill his job when needed.

As Afyon finished Kairo stepped through the door to the room and said," Ok guys here is the deal. I know you were all ansy to get into action, but we still have a few dificulties to settle with. I want you all to just relax. Take a nap. Eat something. Check your weapons, and by the time you are done with that I should have some answers. If you have any problems report them to Afyon, for he is well suited to handle them. I will go and talk with Rizzit to see what is happening."

As Kairo finished his speech, every seemed to calm down a little. A few of his troops went to there rooms. Some others went to get their last drink. As Kairo prepared to go find Rizzit, his com unit buzzed. He switched it to open frequency to here Fury's voice, "All Sls I want you to report to the bridge for further orders. I will spessify more clearly when you get here. You have thirty minutes to prepare and get ready. I hope to see you healthy and fit."  As Fury's voice died, kairo started to wander if he had enough to change or not. He decided to wait on it and instead file in his report.

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 25, 2003 10:04:51 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon took his E-11 and began to strip it down, cleaning every tiny piece, even the smallest pins until they shined.  He looked around at the squad, some were sleeping, others were checking their gear, and some were also cleaning their weapons.  Afyon took his time cleaning the weapon and putting it back together. He made some minor adjustments with a screw driver and tested putting an ammo cartridge in and out.  It was vital that this happened smoothly for a jammed ejection switch would be disasterours in combat.

Afyon finished cleaning the E-11 and began to strip down and clean the silenced pistol he always had with him. After being told once about it not being regulation, he went to work modifying his storm trooper armor slightly in order to fit the gun belt and pistol underneath the armor but still make it readily accesible when needed.

After completing the cleaning and checking both weapons again, Afyon turned to the troops awake. "Alright, I have not had much time in a mechanised infantry squad so I am not fully aware of everything you guys need to conduct a successful mission.  Obviously you need vehicles, I am sure the General is going to have some sort of plan for that. Other than vehicles what else will you need so I can give a list of equipment to Fury and Cosmic."

Afyon sat back and listened to the squad run down a list of equipment, much of it they already had with them.  The heavy weaponry they didnt have though and apparently they always carried some that they put in their vehicles incase they needed to abandon the vehicle.  Afyon wrote the list down in his datapad and then began to go over it in his head, thinking about the purpose for each item and how that would help complete their overall mission, whatever it was. After some more thinking, Afyon added two small items to the list and then went to find Kairo so that he could relay it up to the appropriate people.

-----------------------
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
November 25, 2003 1:38:21 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
"I've got a feeling that this mission isn't going to be what we expect," Dragoon said to Merrick quietly.

"Why?  It seems fairly standard," Merrick replied as she looked at a datapad.

"Well, I just have a feeling," Dragoon replied as he tucked more thermal detonators into one of his compartments.  Merrick secretly believed that his Stormtrooper armor couldn't be standard issue with as many explosives as he hid in there.  "Eh, it's probably just that shitty lunch catching up to me."

Merrick nodded, but took Dragoon's ominous feeling to heart.  As much of a goof off as Dragoon was, he was a good trooper, and fairly experienced, so it was wise to take what he said seriously.  "We'll see," was all she said.

Dragoon stretched and tried to put his arm around Merrick.  "Well, now that we're alone," he said with a wink.  "Come sail away with me."

Merrick looked at him blankly.

"Come on, gimme some sugar baby," Dragoon said as he inched closer.

"Any closer and I'm going to have to ask General Fury to issue you some Femtrooper armor," she replied to his come ons as she drew a vibro-knife.

Dragoon backed away slowly with his hands up.  "Hey, no need to get feisty.  I was just checking the waters.  And they were ice cold, as expected."  He said as he ducked away from the ensuing swing.  He secretly pondered where she drew that knife from.

-----------------------
SSGT Dragoon
Roses are Red
And Ready for Plucking
You're Sixteen
And Ready for High School
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 25, 2003 5:38:52 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
After wandering around for a bit, Afyon failed to find either Kairo or Rizzit so he headed back to the squad to be with the troops.  When he got back, he got himself some food and a couple of bags of soy nuts for later on in the heat of battle.  There was something about soy nuts that invigorated him, they were full of protein and were good to eat before body building but yet there was still something special in them that made them a necessary part of his battle kit.  Afyon went through his bag and organised things in a way that everything was easy to get at a moment's notice.  He ensured that some of the rations and water was at the top, that was very important to him.  Also, he checked and cleaned every ammo cartridge carefully, ensuring that they were all in perfect shape.  Defect cartridges were disasterous.

When he was done that, Afyon opened uphis datapad and began to play a game on it to pass the time while finishing what constituted as his pre-battle meal.  To any normal person, this ritual and diet would have seemed odd at best and disgusting at worse but to Afyon it was the perfect way of dealing with any stress before combat.

He no longer worried about killing or even really about being killed, he had been too close to death too many times for comfort.  He just wanted to ensure that the plan was right so that they had every possibility of success.  Afyon was still unsure what this mission really was going to be and what sort of vehicles they would have to pilot.

After beating a few levels of the game, Afyon put away the datapad and tried to get a quick snooze.  Once the assualt started, it would be a long time before he got any rest.

-----------------------
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
November 25, 2003 8:51:22 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick put the knife away and just shook her head. "You're a freak Dragoon." He grinned and sat back, still enjoying the cigar he had found. "Where did you 'find' that thing anyway?" He tried to look innocent and Merrick decided she didn't want to know anyway. "Nevermind. Just don't blow the smoke at me." Merrick sighed. She knew Dragoon was right about the mission. So far it had been crap all really, and their involvement had been pretty small. But at least they hadn't brought more people or equipment than they were supposed to.

"So what do we do now boss?" Merrick looked up at Dragoon. "I dunno, wait till we get to do something interesting I suppose. No idea why all this has taken so long, but I'm sure we've done about all we can do so we can either leave and cut our losses, or go find out some real info." Dragoon nodded, possibly thoughtfully, possibly deviously, Merrick couldn't really tell. "Now no more funny stuff, I'm gonna take a nap, this bites." Dragoon saluted. "Yessir." That was a bad sign.

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword and Squad Leader
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

November 25, 2003 10:58:53 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Walking to the bridge, angel began to make a checklist of what he was going to need for this mission. thermal detonators, high yield explosives, repeater, riot suppression rifle, and my X-1 he thought to himself. i wonder if that will be enough though...

lost in thought he collided into Snipes and knocked him over.

"Oops, sorry there bud, didn't see ya" Angel quickly apologized, helping Snipes to his feet.

"Yah yah, watch it..." Snipes snapped back

"Well what were you doin standing in the middle of the hallway?' Angel asked

"Well," snipes replied, "I  was thinking about this mission so far. We have a heavily guarded ship with no captain, no escort, and some wierd cloaking device, carriong secret plans to a rebel superweapon. The ship was rigged to blow, but why didnt it? Has anyone even CHECKED to see if the hyperdrive really is bad? Or do you think were walking into a big trap?"

"good question,' angel replied, "but I like to think that the powers that be know better than that, or have already thought of that. Lets get to the bridge and meet up with Rizzit to get this all sorted out."

-----------------------
Sergeant Fallen Angel

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited November 25, 2003 10:59:18 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 25, 2003 11:06:05 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  To me it makes logistical sense to bring Jester and Wraith along on the Customs Corvette seeing how as according to the plan we've worked out they're supposed to go on the CR-90 in disquise.  Especialy since we really don't have a very good idea how long they've been ordered to wait here to bait in an operation like this.  /OOC]

"Well Raz, it's pretty much between the two of us for who gets to portray who.  Call it in the air."  Kuroishi said as he held up a coin from one his past conquests.

"Heads."  Raziel said as Kuroishi flipped the coin.

"Lo and behold heads.  You get choice."  Kuroishi said as he watched the coin land.

"You know you'll probably just have to portray the captain anyway.  It'd kinda sound wierd for a commtech to be giving orders to his captain."  Raziel replied.

"Well let's get studying then.  From what I can tell so far no one on the other end knows what anyone on this courier looks like."  Kuroishi answered as he pointed to a pair of computer terminals.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
November 25, 2003 11:39:30 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
"One Stormtrooper armour for Sergeant TK-112 please" TK said as he walked up to the  equipments storage.
"Sorry Sergeant, but your armour has not yet arrived." The navy crewman replied.
"What the hell!!! I've been on this stupid ship for a month and still no armour!!" TK shouted.
"I am very sorry Sergeant, but we don't have a choice...'" The crewman nervously replied.
"Fine...give me an E-11, five heavy slugthrower magazines, five light slugthrower magazines, a set of thermal detonators and a new leather jerkin. Oh yeah, i'll be keeping the omninode communications set for a while"TK said.
"Yes Sergeant, straight away!" The crewman replied.

Just as TK turned around, Rizzit was seen walking along trying to get everything in order.

"Sergeant Major Rizzit!" TK called out.
Catching his attention "Yes Sergeant?" Rizzit replied.
"Sorry to bother you, i'm just wondering what position I will be holding in the ground assault?" TK asked.
"We're not sure yet, but probably same as this, why do you ask?" Rizzit answered.
"Well I was just wondering since I don't have my stormtrooper armour yet, I thought it would be kinda suicidal if I do frontline duty." TK informed.
"Well, you're Vehicle Crewman right?" Rizzit asked.
"Yes" TK replied.
"You can help DD co-ordinate their attacks through comlink" Rizzit pointed out.
"Aye, thank you for your time Sergeant Major" TK replied as the Sergeant Major walked off.
"Sergeant, here are your equipments" The crewman informed.
"Thank you..."TK replied as he took the equipment.

-----------------------
Sergeant David "TK-112" Bowman
Advisor - 1.2 Dark Dragoons SQD
Ex-Squad Leader 1.2SQD 
ADV/SGT TK-112/advisor-1.2sqd/VEA/VE [CoR]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 26, 2003 9:10:45 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Can we actually get the hard part underway now or is there something else we SL's and ASL's are supposed to accomplish on our own?  /OOC]

Kuroishi watched Jester file aboard the CR-90 from the Customs Corvette followed by a trail of pack train of equipement.

Kuroishi had managed to find a uniform his size and already traded the rank insignias with that of the Major.  The Major was indeed captain of this vessel, that was expected but still somewhat odd.  A person of that rank being in charge of this small of a ship was here because he could be trusted, but trusted to do what Kuroishi asked himself.

Kuroishi turned to go back to the computer terminals.  There was abundant information that would give intel people a field day for trying to send someone in in the guise of one of these crewmen.

Kuroishi began to think about all he had seen thus far.  A convienantly deciphered message about some project named Savior, not too suspicous by itself.  The inbalance of combat troops to crewers, there was barely a skeleton crew with a massive hoard of about twenty enemy troopers.  A decent attempt to secure data but way too obvious, like they wanted the engineer with the portable computer to be found but were more concerned with the challenge sequence being found.  The interesting developments with the stealth armor of the CR-90, this courier of thiers could have been nigh imposible to find if the stealth systems were activated.  Added up Kuroishi smelt trap.

The one thing Kuroishi saw that indicated the trap didn't quite work the way they had planned.  In an insane attempt to figure out what the skipper of this vessel looked like, Kuroishi had come across some rather well hidden and encrypted data.  From what Kuroishi surmized it was a plot to try and draw in a commando team, fight with them over control of this vessel, if they manage to win blast them out of the sky when they didn't correctly respond to the challenge code.

Of course Kuroishi was just guessing but he'd become a good guesser in his old age.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
November 26, 2003 10:00:41 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
On Fury's command, everyone reported to the bridge to recieve a briefing. As the entered, they were of course welcomed and then asked to take a seat. Once everyone was seated, Fury turned on a holo-projector. An image came up of Alzoc III.

"As you can see, Alzoc III is another snow-world planet in the outer rim. Our so-called mission turned out to be a failure except to learn that we're being stalled for something. If there were any schematics, they weren't on that ship. Since we have returned, we have done a surface scan on Alzoc III and have found no traces of a New Republic Base. However, we are not without hope this time that there is something there. We will follow up on this lead, and will send specialized probe droids down. Now, Wraiths Squad is going to do some
under-cover work for us. We have repaired their ship, and they will sneak into the base as Rebels for us. When the time comes, they will open the gates or whatever it is that they may have down there so that we may enter. Until that time, they will be acting as Rebels."

Fury paused a moment as if to wait for some questions.

"Fury, how will they be able to get in if we don't know where the base is?" Asked Rizzit.

"That's simple Rizz, we are placing a tracking sensor on the ship. Once Wraiths get back into the position that we captured it in, they will contact the base and request permission to land for supplies and spare parts seeing as how they totally repelled a bunch of stormtroopers. Once they land, they will wait for our arrival in the system. Once we land, we will make our way to storm the base. Which reminds me: I have something for you guys."

Rizzit nodded in satisfaction, and allowed Fury to continue.

"In preparation for this mission, I placed an order for a new vehicle for you troopers. May I present the Imperial Combat Sled. I had it modified from a Trade Federation Troop transport. It's quite a bit smaller, it fits four troopers single-file in a sled, and can hold cargo in the back. It is armed with four dual-laser cannons and a very weak shield mechanism. The other four squads will be using these." Fury said as he pressed another button on the holographic projector to make
it display the I.C.S. "Now, back to the mission. I heard tell while onboard that ship of a base built right into a mountain. That would explain why it doesn't show up on any surface scans. There are 9 Sleds, but that should be more than enough. Now upon entering the base, there will be undoubtedly a battle of epic proportions. We will have all 5 squads working to take out as many of the troopers as possible. Now, once they are more or less cleaned out: The Dark Dragoons will steal what tanks the rebels have and wreak havoc on the place. Raiders and Drill Squad will proceed to take out what other members they can find. They are also responsible for finding this "Shantsa" that the message we recieved was encoded to. Wraiths, your job is to go down below the base. You will be responsible for imploding the reactor core. This should start a chain reaction that will cause an avalanche, destroying the base. Jester, you will scout around the whole base. Try and find this "weapon" that they are building. If you can, destroy or deactivate it. Even if it means calling in another squad for help: do it! That is it people. Wraiths, good luck you are expected to ship out in 2 hours. The rebel uniforms are onboard the ship, so just leave your uniforms here, they will be returned to you when you get back. The rest of you, go brief your squads and be ready for action when we get the signal from Wraiths. At that time, our transport ships will land carrying you as well as the sleds. You are free to remain in here until we recieve the signal if you so choose. Good Luck!"

Fury pressed a final button on the holoprojector, and the images of AlzocIII and the I.C.S. faded. He and Peacemaker nodded their heads and left the room. They were immediately followed by the other officers headed to their squad's quarters to do a squad briefing. The mission was about to begin, or was it?

OOC: For those of you who have not guessed, this means all of you troopers may now begin posting. Give your SLs/ASLs a good round of applause though, everyone did a good job on the first part!

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 26, 2003 10:09:17 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

November 26, 2003 10:28:11 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon left the room with Kairo and they headed towards the Dark Dragoon squad area.  Afyon was going through his memory trying to remember what types of tanks the rebels had so he had an idea of what to expect when they got a couple.  He had a feeling that getting those tanks was not going to be an easy feat.  Odds were most likely their sleds would be destroyed in the process but that didnt bother him too much.  The sleds seemed like a weak coffin but since they were trying for surprise they most likely would survive in them.

Afyon visualed the area of the cargo space in the back of the sled and realised there was not much room for too mcuh extra equipment.  He was hoping they could lug some heavy stuff with them just in case but it looked as though they were restricted.

Afyon rounded the corner, still thinking about what they were going to be able to take extra.  Obviously extra water, ammunition, and some other important accessories.  They also needed some explosives and thermal detonators to ensure they had enough firepower to get into one of the tank hangers.  He hoped they might also get a sniper rifle in order to take care of any troops around the hanger.  Tanks wouldnt be much good against them.  Afyon made a note to mention that they needed to steal at least one anti-personel tank.

Afyon for the first time was happy about the white colour of his stormtrooper armor.  At least it would blend in with the landscape.  Only problem was that his looked somewhat brown from the scarring he had made on it but hell he though, if they could spot his armor they could also spot the sled speeding towards them.

-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

November 26, 2003 11:17:52 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
As Kairo and Afyon entered the DD area, Kairo told Afyon to meet him in his office in 2 hours. "That should give me enough time to shower, get my stuff, and see what I can do with the sleds." Kairo thought as he entered his room. Putting the aromor to the side he stepped into the shower.

. . . . . 10 minutes later . . . . . .

Once Kairo had changed into his jumpsuit, he decided to clean his armor. Pulling out his cleaning set he went to work. First he nocked out all the minor nicks and dents, then he started to polish it. Once he had finished with that he turned torward his guns. Picking up his E-11 blaster rifle, he pulled out the cartridge and took the whole thing apart. "This gun never fails to be a primary," Kairo thought as he tightened a few screws and replaced the nozle. Putting that gun aside he picked up his DLT-20a light repeater blaster. As he went through the motions of cleaning it he wondered what he could do to the sleds to make them a little nicer. He finished with the guns and put them back into place. Pulling out his flyhigh throwing knives, he put them onto his armor belt and decided to finish this up later.

Kairo started to go to the lounge for some rest when and idea ocurred to him. Instead of going straight he made a left and went torwards the armory. On his way there he passed Tk-112 and had a short conversation about TK helping with the tanks. When he arrived he wnet to the counter, he asked the clerk if they had any E-Web blasters. as the clerk went to find out Kairo turned to his data pad. Pulling up the schematics of the sleda Fury had devised he checked to make sure his skeam would work. "As long as I lighten the load here and take the gun to its bare minimum it should work." As he finished his check the clerk came back said they did have them.

"Good I would like you to deliver them to the Dark Dragoon hanger bay, please." Kairo said as filed the regquest in the log.

"Will do sir." The clerk said as he turned to his data screen.

Looking at his watch he found he only had ten minues to get back to his office. Starting out on a quick pace he headed for the door when he ran into Rizzit.

"Hello, sir." Kairo said. As he turned to leave, it suddenly occured to him that he hadn't even asked for permission to enhanse the sled in all his excitement. "Hey, Rizzit. Do think it would be ok if I modify the Dark Dragoons sleds for a little more fire power?"

"I will have to ask Fury, but I don't see why not." Rizzit replied as he truned back to his datapad.

"Thankyou, sir." Kairo said. As he stepped thourgh the he said, "Man, good thing I got while he was preocupied ot else he might not have agreed." Seeing that he only had five minutes to get back to his office he decided not to stop for anything.

(OOC If you have a problem with me modifying the sleds you can always tell me in the story Rizzit. Hope I can though.:D  OOC)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited November 26, 2003 11:19:24 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Doomsday Savior  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:28:07 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 101  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >