Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Specialty Storynet > Raiders' Squad specialty Stories

(Restricted Division(s):  ARMY)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Raiders' Squad specialty Stories
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  1732
Total Posts:  3940
  RE: Raiders' Squad specialty Stories
October 14, 2004 7:34:06 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
arg! you would nail me for something, wouldnt you, it'll be done by sunday though

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM! I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous

Cyanus
ComNet Member

Cyanus

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  558
Total Posts:  688
October 22, 2004 4:20:19 PM    View the profile of Cyanus 
You lying fool.

Upcoming story(s) will follow soon!

-----------------------

ASL/GSG Cyanus Cyanus/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[BoA] [ES1][BC]
CM/DJK Cyanus/Krath/Lion 1-6/VEDJ/VE
Dark Knight of the Krath
"...I think I'll kill you later." - Cyanus
Assistant Squad Leader: - Raider Squad
-
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1821
October 22, 2004 7:58:19 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
arg, sunday wont work, hell i think i might of said that before last sunday anyway, it will be up someday though, this is why i'm on semi-leave.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1960
October 30, 2004 12:38:49 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes stood as the full drop ship suddenly lurched and fell again, he could hear the moans of others in the ship, there where a few others, standing and sitting who merely whooped and asked for more, Snipes was one of them. The motion repeated itself, several times, occasionally throwing the ship into a sickening roll that only made Snipes laugh. Another lurch and drop sent them truly falling threw the atmosphere from several thousand feet up, Snipes whooped and laughed the whole way down

The sudden jolt of the ship hitting the ground sent him off his feet and flying halfway into the cockpit, while he heard others scream, and heard lots of puking, and several nasty sounding cracks and crunches. Scrambling back to his feet he looked around, there where troopers all over the place, two of the most experienced ones where already on their feet, gathering their gear; Snipes fallowed suite and gathered his, he had a pack full of various Combat Engineer equipment, most of it useful for more than one purpose. Snipes lugged himself out of the ship, throwing the pack over his shoulders he scanned the sky for signs of the second drop ship; and he saw it, almost on top of him, it was a combination of luck, training and a wish to retain his spotless reputation of not ever being killed that kept him alive, diving out of the way as the other ship landed on top of the first one, crushing everyone inside.

Snipes stood up again, the act made difficult by the heavy pack, but he was uninjured, he brushed himself off and took a look at the stack of ships, then smiled at yet another perfect triumph against deaths evil plot to kill him. And then frowned again when he realized all but five of them and the pilots in the second ship where dead, there where no troopers in the second ship, just equipment, probably broken equipment now. However Snipes found himself opening the back door on the second craft, the from of the second one had landed on the first one, but the backend had merely hit the ground and crumpled, the door Snipes was trying to tear open, one of the others finally pushed Snipes aside and cut the thing open, only to be crushed under the weight of the equipment. Snipes sighed and walked over to the equipment he made a check of it, a box of hydro spanners was beyond salvation, along with a folding repulsorlift platform to carry gear on.

Snipes went threw the rest of the gear and loaded what he could onto the remaining platform, then he and the last three fell into something of a formation around it, one of the others was controlling the slow moving vehicle with a remote. The march went fine once the got going the right direction, which was after going for thirty kilometers in the wrong direction, making them travel forty more kilometers threw enemy infested territories to the downed freighter that happened to only be ten clicks away from their landing position, Snipes had growled and nearly killed the designated navigator, since the trained one had been crushed.

When they did finally reach the downed ship they jumped around for joy, some bodies gun 'accidentally' went off and shot they guy who had lead them in the wrong direction. They rested the night, since it was night by that time, deciding that in the morning they could go to work.

Snipes woke to a beautiful morning, the planets sun was just coming over the horizon, turning the sky a purpley orangish color, and the desert ground looked almost hospitable, even the enemy tanks in the distance looked friendly. Snipes walked around kicking various others, well three others since that's all that was left of the group sent down to fix the down freighter.

Snipes went to work immediately, looking over the damage to the ship, the damage was minor, but they had a scrap along their side about 6 meters long, he walked along its length, it was relatively thin for about three meters at the end, no more than a clean cut, he could fix that easily enough with a technique he called 'stitching' he had no idea what the technical name was, probably 'stitching'. It was the front part, with the large gaping hole in it that worried him, he talked to the pilot and some of the crew to try and find out where such a large portion of the hulls inner and outer layer was, and most of them said a long ways away, too far away. Snipes started with the stitching, which involved basically drilling holes on both sides of the cut, then by welding bolts into those smaller, white hot holes it shoved the metal close enough together to be welded. After that he and the others scavenged for whatever metal they could find, tearing it off of unneeded parts of the innards, going back to the crashed shuttles and tearing those apart (one of the four left accidentally hit a fuel line of some sort with his torch, generating an explosion, sending that man into orbit) but even that was not enough to truly strengthen the hull enough, they where out of metal now and the tank rounds had begun hammering down around their position.

Snipes ordered one of the men to take a survey of the area to determine the metal concentration of the area the man ran out from under the ship where they where seeking cover with his data pad and a surveying tool and scoured the area, something excited him and he ran back towards Snipes waving his data pad about and yelling something Snipes couldn't hear over the noise of shells banging down around them. Snipes never did find out what the man was yelling about, because on his way back he and a tank shell met and developed a friendship that would last until the grave, which happened to occur simultaneously.

Snipes did manage to catch the mans data pad and look at the readings, it appeared the rocky surroundings might as well be iron plates, running back inside the freighter where they had stashed the gear Snipes pulled out a drill, it seemed it was broken in some places so Snipes used his stash of duct tape and various other, small, less important tools to fix it, then ordered the remaining men to setup the smelter, after getting a good hole Snipes shoved some random explosive in there and ran back into the freighter, several seconds later one of the remaining engineers sent with him walked over to Snipes hole, Snipes closed his eyes and swore at the mans stupidity, another second and Snipes opened his eyes in surprise, he poked his head around the corner and the man was tossing Snipes bomb up and down, the thing was a dud, Snipes swore and swaggered out there, snatched the bomb from the mans hand and tossed in back in, then he tossed a grenade in after it. The two ran. Diving behind some boxes Snipes heard the tell-tale *BOOM* that said there had just been an explosion. Picking up a shovel Snipes wend out side and started shoveling the rock into the smelter, he had no idea how it worked, only that it did, in fact, work. Snipes had one man using a droid loader of some sort to take the hot metal to some place where it could cool, of course that became a problem when the loader decided to randomly toss its controller in front of and enemy tank shell, however Snipes managed to avoid distraction by such trivial events as long as the loader did what it was supposed to, which it did.

An hour later saw Snipes on the craft, welding the last of the dura steel on, he threw a look over his shoulder and noticed some enemy infantry adavaning in the sunset, he flew them the universal salute and kept on working.

When finally Snipes finished he was fighting off enemy infantry as he packed up his gear and tossed it in, pulling the other guy in he slammed the shut button on the cargo door and the hatch slowly closed as the ship took off. Snipes leaned up against a wall and sighed in relief.

"Well, we made it" Snipes said turning his head to the guy next to him.

The guy smiled and started to say something, when Snipes heard a groaning metal sound from behind his head, instinctively he moved his head to the side to avoid the explosion the echoed out from the bulkhead a few seconds later.

Returning to his sitting position Snipes turned his head to his friend again, only then realizing his friend could no longer do the same, as he no longer had a head

"I guess we didn't make it" Snipes said again as he felt the ship losing altitude. . .

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazySQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  139
Total Posts:  635
November 19, 2004 11:08:26 PM    View the profile of Squall 
  Someone clue me in and tell me how to start me own spec story, because i have been in a daze for a long time on how to start one of these, and what to do it on.  I looked at all of the specialty's, and I was never assigned one when i was placed into Raiders.  Could  someone please help me out, and tell me what to do?

-----------------------
Squall "Lionheart"
"100 percent of us die, and that percentage cannot be increased." -C.J. Lewis

- Raider Squad
-
"Faithful Till The End"

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  142
November 20, 2004 2:31:52 AM    View the profile of Squall 
PFC Squall
  BASIC TRAINING MISSION

The Training Commander held up his hand with 5 fingers to signal that we would be un-loading in 5 minutes.  It was Squall's first combat training.  He was seated along with a few other first timers, and they all looked sick to their stomach.

The two-minute warning was given, and Squall heard the sound of someone throwing up in the back of the carrier.  Typical for a first timer he had been told, but Squall wouldn't crack under pressure this time.  Everyone put their helmets on, and got ready.  There were 8 of them.  Some would make it, some would not.

Squall and the others piled out of the troope carrier.  Their assignment was to take out any resistance at the rebel encampment.  Squall started out immediately, as the others followed him.  The area was hilly, and plained.  Like the hills back when Squall would race speeder bikes with his brother.  Fun times Squall thought, but this was serious.

After daydreaming for a few seconds, Squall spotted two sentries nearby.  He went into prone position, and aimed his rifle.  Taking aim, he pulled the trigger a few times, taking out the rebel on the left.  Fire blasts came from the right, as another trooper dropped the rebel soldier on the right.

"Nice one," the trooper said.

"Same to you my friend," Squall replied.

Squall ran to the top of the hill, and took out his binoculars.  He looked down the valley to see an air hanger to the left, and a rebel training facility to the right.  Farther down the way was a command tower, more like a base.  It was heavily guarded on all sides, along with 2 turrets on the top, and 2 bunkers in front.  There was 1 AA gun directly in front of the door leading into the base.

Squall, and two other troopers were to go to the left, and 3 other troopers to the right.  As they moved down the hill silently, Squall heard something moving through the air.  It was a fighter, a Rebel Shuttle by the looks of it, getting ready to land in the hanger.  Squall signalled for his two teamates to follow him.  They went on a dead sprint right below the shuttle.  The hanger doors began to open, and the 3 troopers snuck in between the 3 foot space between the doors.  They rolled to the right behind some supply boxes to take cover.  One of the troopers looked around the right side of the boxes to see that there were 3 rebel pilots conversing in the corner.  The other trooper sat their wimpering to himself about dying.  Squall shook his head.  What weak soldiers, volunteering for the Empire?  What is happening to the new recruits these days.  Squall took a peak around the corner for himself, and caught a glimpse of the pilots.  They were talking about everyday things.

Squall pulled out his dual pistols, and put away his rifle.  The two other troopers were to cover him as he took out the pilots.  Squall lunged himself to the left of the boxes, and started firing wildy, spreading blaster fire all over the hanger, hitting the pilot of the shuttle right in the face.  The pilot dropped to the ground, and the two stormtroopers in his team came out from behind the boxes and dropped two of the other pilots.  The last remaining pilot held up his hands and surrendered.  The 3 men ran over to the surrendering rebel.  Squall ordered him to the ground.  He searched every ince of the pilot for a keycard, and discovered one on his left side.  He also managed to pick up a com that the pilot had been carrying.  Squall had the man stand up, and pistol whipped the man in the face, the man fell to the ground, Squall shot the man dead in the back of the head, to make sure he wouldn't be trying to signal for help later on.

The hanger was empty, and secure.  Squall picked up the new found com, and turned it on.  It displayed everything there was to know about the base.  Supply caches, security codes, rosters, plans, scematics, a whoel MAP of the camp.  He wondered if the other team of troopers had found anything at the Rebel Training Facility to the East.  Squall ordered the two troopers at his side two stay and cover the hanger, so that they would have a way off of the island...

Squall exited the hanger, and began to make his way towards the Rebel Training Facility.  He made his way around the back of the facility.  Two guards were keeping watch at the front door.  "I wonder why they weren't taken out by the other squad that came through here," he thought to himself.  "Better find out whats going on."

Squall pulled out his blaster rifle, and aimed it at one of the guards.  He alerted the other guard, and they both started firing at Squall.  Squall threw himself into a roll to the right, and 1 of the bolts grazed his right arm.  He felt a burning pain in his right arm, but continued with sending a volley of fire back at the guards, one was down, and the other injured.  Squall ran over to where they were, and found nothing on the dead soldiers body.  The other rebel was in such terrible condition that he couldn't speak, so Squall put him out of his misery with a shot in the head.  Squall walked up to the door, and slid the key-card he got off of the rebel from the hanger through the slide.  "If I'm right, this should lead me to the bunks, the sleeping area, which will lead me right into the main area of the facility." He thought to himself.  The door opened slowly, and Squall creeped through.  As he stepped in, he saw 3 rebels nappin in their bunks, and another cleaning his blaster.

"Frank, that you?  I need some help..."  Just then Squall shot the man in the back of the head,  he slit two of the mens throats on the bunks with his knife, and shot the other man also.  He looked around and found some rations, and a belt of grenades.  "These will work fine," Squall said to himself.

Squall made his way into the main office, taking out 2 guards in the corridor.  He picked up another key-card off of one of them.  He pulled up his com, and checked it.  He wasn't too far of the main training commanders office.  Squall made his way down the hall, past many rooms.  On his way he placed a satchel on every single door of the rebels training dorms, hoping that it would kill all of them IF he made it out.

Squall peeked throught the window in the commanders room.  There was the other team, being interrogated by rebel officers, and guarded by 2 rebel trainees.  None of the men in the room were too high of rank, with much experience.  Squall slid his key card through the door and pushed it open, and ducked under the window.  One of the dumbfounded gaurds made his way to the door way and stepped through it.  Squall grabbed his legs, and snapped them at the knee.  The rebel dropped to the ground, and Squall slit his throat quick.  He drug the bloddy body back a few feet, and slipped through the door with ease.  He crawlled in under the desk to listen to the interrogation.

"What have you come here for," the commander questioned one of the troopers.  It was the one who took out the soldier to save Squall earlier.  None of captured troopers looked like they were in good condition.  Their helmets had been smashed, and their faces bloody.  This angered Squall.

"Well, it seems as though none of you are answering me, so we might as well dispose of you.  Guards, kill the troopers, clean up the mess, and get back on duty." said the Commander.  Just then one of the guards smashed a trooper in the face with his rifle, and the helpless man let out a yelp of pain...

The commander, walked through the office Squall was occupying, and started to make his way back to the dorms of the rebel soldiers.  "This can't happen, he can't get back there." Squall thought to himself.  He gently shut the door to the interrogation room.  He spun around, and pulled his trigger a few times, sending bolts right into the back of the commander.  Squall then, opened the door of the interrogation room, and stormed in. He took down the officers, and the guards started to retaliate, shooting back at Swuall.  By this time his whole right arm was numb from the shot he took earlier, and he couldn't use his left pistol, so he threw it away.  He pulled out his shotgun, and blasted one of the guards into the wall behind him.  The other guard fired once more, hitting Squall in almost the same exact spot as he was hit earlier.  Pain ripped through his arm like needles, and Squall was hasty to pick up his blaster and shot the guard straight between the eyes.  Squall reached into his bag, and pulled out a peice of cloth.  Pinned up against a wall, he forced his helmet off, along with the top of the stormtrooper armor.  He wrapped the cloth around his arm as it was fried from the blaster shot.  He stood up, and walked over to the three troopers.  Sadly, the one who was being tortured was dead, and the other two in moderate condition.

The three of them made their way back to the Hanger, and go back with the other two troopers.  This made a count of five troopers in all, with one loss, and Squall was injured.  Drastic measures had to be taken if the command tower was to be taken over.  Squall left one of the injured troopers with one of the good troopers in the hanger, and the one injured, and one good with him.  They gathered on supplies that they had found, and got ready for the next attack...

3 soldiers, against the odds of many rebels.  The chances of survival were slim, and it looked impossible, but the 3 troopers were determined to complete their mission.  Squall pulled up his com.

"K, here is the breakdown.  We have two turrets, and two bunkers guarding the entrance, along with an AA gun that could prevent out escape.  Main priority, the bunkers, secondary the turrets, and if we can take out the AA, that is good too.  First, we take this underground entrance off of the hanger into the first bunker.  Once we have taken both bunkers through the route, we shut down the turrets through the electrical system.  They are run on mechanicals, not rebels, so it should take the whole defence down.  The AA gun in run by 2 people.  1 manning the gun, and the other standing watch.  Also, there are 2 guards at the front door.  I will read off the schematics of the inside of the tower when we get there." Squall informed the troopers.  They got their supplies ready, and made their way to the underground entrance.

Once in the underground path, they had to duck to make it through, with Squall being 5-11, and the other two about 5-10.  They found the entrance to the first bunker.  Squall picked up one of his grenades, and pulled the pin.  He rolled it into the bunker, and the 3 of them crawled back, and plugged their ears.  KABLAM! The first bunker was out.  Squall looked around for the databoard that controlled the defences.  He found nothing relevent to what they were searching for.  They moved closer to the second bunker, and Squall pointed out the databoard.  It had the key-card swipe to pull out the keyboard, and disable the defences.  Squall aimed, and shot one of the guards in the head, and by the time that the other one noticed what was going on, one of the troopers shot him too.

The three of them moved into the bunker, and Squall began to work on disabling the defences.  After working with the keyboard, he finally got into the system, and disabled the defences.  The two soldiers at the door of the tower reacted quickly, and started firing at the bunker.  One of the troopers manned the lazer gun, and took out the soldiers with a few clean, clear shots.  He the shot down the man in the AA gun, so the AA gun was out of commission.  Squall then began to explain the schematics of the tower to the two troopers.

"Ok, basically there are 3 floors.  1st floor, heavily guarded.  2nd, moderately guarded, and 3rd lightly guarded.  The commander of the whole base is on the top floor, and that is our primary objective.  We will move in through the front door, take out any guards, and proceed up through the elevator, skipping the second floor.  When we get to the top, we take out the commander, gather any data we can find, and get to the roof.  From their, our other team will pick us up in the rebel shuttle, which should guarantee our way off of this island, and back to base. Got it?"  "Yes," both of the troopers replied at the same time.

The three of them walked up to the big door, and Squall activated the opening mechanism, and within seconds the door started to open.  He peered inside to see the guards watching their stations.  There were 2 of them, and 3 in the back at the radar station.  The 3 men rolled through the door, and stared firing at the rebel soldiers immediately. 2 of the soldiers were killed, but their were still 3 in th back.  Squall's arm pierced with pain again.

"Anyone got any painkiller, either of you two, I took some shots earlier," asked Squall.  One of the soldiers replied with a yes, and handed Squall the seringe full of morphine.  Squall stabbed the needle into his arm, and injected the liquid painkiller substance into his arm.  His arm went fully numb.  He held up his shotgun with his right arm.  "Listen, you guys take out the 3 back there, and I'll cover you. GO NOW" he ordered.

The two men split up left and right, dropping two soldiers instantly, and one still lived.  Squall dove to the left, and fired his shot gun, plastering the 3rd soldier.  He clicked the little arrow on the elevator, and the 3 men got in.  As they rose slowly, christmasy music came on.  A nice little tune.

When the doors opened, they saw the commander sitting at his computer, and two guards playing a board game to the left.  Squall walked in, and fired a round into the ceiling.

"ALL OF YOU, GET THE HELL UP, AND SURRENDER, OR PREPARE TO BE BLOWN THE @#$% TO PEICES!" Squall yelled.

The men playing the board game fumbled over their game, knocking it all over the ground, and stood up with their hands above their head.  They were unarmed.  The commander stood up also, and surrendered.  Squall ordered them to walk up the staircase to the roof.

As they arrived on the roof, Squall pulled up his com and signalled for the team from the hanger to come pick them up.  Within minutes, the sound of a shuttle whirred through the silence.  It was much darker then when the mission started, almost pitch black outside.  Rain was starting to fall from the sky, and it was very humid, stickiness flowed through the air.  The shuttle came as close as it could to the hostages and troopers, and they were all on in a matter of minutes.  Soon enough, the training officer came up on the comlink.

"Job well done Squall, mission accomplished."

-----------------------
Squall "Lionheart"

- Raider Squad
-
"Faithful Till The End"

Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  158
November 22, 2004 4:04:51 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Well, seeing as thought that little peice of work didnt' count, i guess ill just stick it in as a personal story, edit it up a bit.  I'll speak with you Rizz about what i want for my spec.

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Raider Squad
- Trooper 8 -
"Faithful To The End"
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
------------------------------------------------------------
TwIzTeD_199
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  47
December 10, 2004 6:50:25 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
i wish i was as creative with words as you...i am not gonna last long i dont think.
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  191
December 21, 2004 3:13:19 PM    View the profile of Squall 
yea ya will....read some books buddy....

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad
-
"Faithful To The End"
SM/LCPL/Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
      - Albert Einstein
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  214
December 27, 2004 1:32:00 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Basic Electronics/Wiring
Combat Engineer Training

Squall walked down the narrow hall, towards the Exit sign that hung from the ceiling.  The door opened as he approached, and he exited the Raider's barracks.  He looked around and saw a group of soldiers doing training exercises and drills across the courtyard.  Suddenly, his datapad came on.  "Report to Training immediately," commanded Otto.  Squall tracked back to the barracks, and gathered his things:  Vibro blade, an assortment of wires, and his Combat Engineer uniform.  He suited up, and exited the barracks.  He picked up his pace to almost a sprint, and arrived within minutes.  He entered, and turned around to see an R2 training droid.  Squall walked up to it, and a hologram appeared.

"Welcome Squall, this is you're first training mission.  Basic Electronics/Wiring is one of the toughest training missions, yet it gives you experience that you will be needing in the combat field.  You goal today will be to wire 2 circuit boards together, to make a complete circuit.  After you are finished with that, we have an AA gun out on the field that went haywire yesterday.  We will need you to repair it."

With that, Squall walked down the hall, and the double set of doors opened.  He walked to the center of the room where the training panel was, and two circuit boards emerged.  He opened the hatch on the first circuit board.  He pulled out his vibro blade, and cut 3 of the wires.  He did the same to the other wires in the second circuit board, and began sottering them together.  After finishing, he tested them.  Both were online and operational.  He made his way back to the droid, and checked off the circuit board wiring.  A map popped up on the hologram, marking the AA gun area.  The map on a piece of paper came out of the droid like a receipt, and Squall ripped it off.  He was to head northwest, about 1.3 miles to the AA gun.

Squall exited the training area, and started going northwest.  He jumped on a speeder bike, and gunned the throttle to full.  He pulled up and made his way to the top of a hill.  He could see the abandoned AA gun across the horizon from the top of the hill.  He shot the throttle again, and arrived at the gun in a few minutes.  He stepped off the speeder bike, and walked up to the AA gun.  It was fried.  The back panel was smoking. 

He put on his gloves, and slowly opened the hatch on the back of the gun.  The wires were frizzled, and ripped apart, making a few shocks every once and a while.  He pulled out his blade, and cut the power from the gun, to disconnect the power to the wires, giving him the chance to re-wire the whole circuit board without being injured.  He started cutting the wires out, one by one, and laying them down.  He opened up his wiring kit, and pulled out some wires, to start re-wiring the circuit board.  It was color coded for the wires that were needed to be placed in the right areas.  Squall pulled out 2 green, 2 white, 1 red, 1 blue, and 1 yellow wire from his kit.  He cut off the ends of the green wires, and placed them into the metallic fixtures that were marked "G," for green.  He did the same with the white, red, blue, and yellow wires.    He read the manual in his pocket, and started sottering the white and blue wires together.  He then wired the red wires into the green, and the yellow into the second white.  He pulled out 1 black wire, and 1 red wire. 

He placed the black wire into the positive end of the power fixture, and the red wire into the negative end of the power fixture.  Squall sottered them together, to complete the circuit on the panel. He double checked everything, and it was all right.  He flipped the switch on the panel, and the AA gun came to life. He placed all of his tools back into his bag.  After reviewing everything once more, he picked up his datapad, and connected with Otto.  "Finished with the training, the AA gun is back online, and working.  Training Mission accomplished." said Squall.

Squall sat in the seat of the AA gun, and rotated it around, staring in the sky for a few minutes.  He heard something to the back of him, and whipped the gun around. It was a speeder bike with a trooper on it.  He arrived momentarily, and hopped of his bike.

"You are relieved of training.  Make you're way back to base," commanded the trooper.  Squall walked over to his speeder bike, flipped the black switch, and it came to life.  He hopped on the hovering vehicle, and made his way back to the barracks of his squad.  He looked back to see the trooper struggling to climb into the AA gun, "a greenie"he laughed to himself.

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
- Raider Squad

"Faithful To The End"
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited February 21, 2005 6:22:34 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  215
December 27, 2004 1:35:06 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Construction Skills
Combat Engineer Training

After arriving back at the barracks, Squall walked to his bunks.  He walked over to his personal refrigerator, and put his finger in the finger print identification mechanism.  Something he had designed himself in his spare time.  The identification display said "Granted", and Squall pulled open the door.  He grabbed one of his beers, and popped it open.  He took a few drinks, and walked to the mess hall.  A group of troopers from another Squad were eating before deployment back to their base.  Squall starred at the wall next to him, and drank his beer.  He spotted the R2 training droid out of the right corner of his eye, and spun his head to face the direction of the oncoming droid.  Once it stopped, another hologram appeared on the table in front of him.

"Time for another Training exercise Squall," said Otto with a cheery voice, and a grin on his face.  "This time it's working on Construction Skills.  You are going to be building a guard tower on the right side of the command center entrance.  It needs to be stationary, stable, and able to withstand light damage.  15 ½ feet tall x 6 feet on the four sides of the tower.  Also needs to get wide enough to hold 2 officers/troopers in the command area.  Another note, install a heavy repeater in it, looking out in front of it.  Remember, these are our troopers out there.  Make it safe."

Squall sighed in disbelief.  "Another training mission, that's two in one day," he proclaimed.  He stood up, chugged the remainder of his beer, and trashed the bottle.  He walked out of the mess hall, just as the other Squad was leaving. He made his way down the hall again, towards his bunks.  He grabbed his bags of things, and made his way back to the training field.  2 construction droids emerged from behind a corner, carry all of the supplies that Squall would need to build the guard tower.  He ordered them to follow him to the supply speeder, and stash the things in the lower compartment.  They put the things in the compartment, and got into the remaining seats in the speeder.  Squall keyed up the speeder, and they slowly lifted off the ground.  He sped the speeder up, and they made their way to the front entrance of the command center on the planet.  It took them about 10 minutes to arrive at the destination.  Squall parked the speeder on the right side of the commander center, and the droids unpacked the supplies, and followed Squall to the place where the guard tower was to be built.  Squall ordered them to put the stuff into sorted piles, and to leave, until he called them back when he was finished.

The droids got into the speeder, and went back to the training facility.  Squall pulled his manual out of his pocket, and searched through the index for construction.  There, it gave all of the sections.  He turned to section IV, Constructing Guard Towers: How to do it yourself.  He read through the parts area, and the blueprints didn't look too complicated to him.  He found the long pieces of steel, and rigged one of them into the ground of the area where the guard tower was blueprinted to be placed.  He did the same with 3 other sturdy pieces of steel, 6 feet between each of them 4 ways across.  They were big pieces of steel, and weighed a lot.  Squall walked over to the portable repulsion lift, and guided it over to the place where he was constructing the guard tower.  He swung his bag of tools around his shoulder, and got on.  The lift rose all the way to the top of the bars.  Squall aligned them so they were all level, and then hung his bag on the top of one of the long pillars of steel.  He lowered the lift to the ground, and picked up a large, metal square piece, that was built to withstand a mass amount of weight.  He brought it back to the lift, and went to the top again.  He pulled out a portable welder, put on his face shield and melted the steel till it was almost liquid like.  He melted the 4 areas on the square steel piece till they were liquid like also, and placed the square on the places of the steel pillars where the square piece would connect.  He then melted them together, and started constructing the whole top half of the Guard tower. 

He wired in all of the correct panels, and installed the automatic doors in the back.  He then rode the lift to the bottom, and got off.  He set his bag of tools on the ground, and pulled out his manual.  He read the directions, and went back over to his supplies.  He constructed a ladder out of the supplies that were left, and connected it to the guard tower.  He picked up the portable Heavy Repeater, and a tripod, and climbed up the ladder.  He sprung open the tripod, and faced the Heavy Repeater on the top, with a click.  He turned the gun around on its pivot, to make sure it worked well, and greased the joints a few times.  The guard tower was finished.

Squall climbed down from the tower, and disabled the lift.  He then called the droids back.  It was starting to get dark by the time him and the droids got back to the training facility.  They stored what was left of the construction materials, and Squall connected back with Otto.  His eyes were growing heavy as the screen became bright.

"Mission Accomplished," he said with big yawn.  "I'm hitting the sack," said Squall.

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad

"Faithful To The End"
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited February 21, 2005 6:23:20 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  216
December 27, 2004 1:36:18 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Explosives Deployment
Combat Engineer Training

Squall aimed, and pulled the trigger 3 times, dropping the target.  He looked to the left to see 2 more, and did the same with them.  He went on a dead sprint forward, and did a tuck & roll over the hill.  He went prone, and shot the rebel in the groin.  The soldier dropped to the ground in agony.  The simulation shut down, and Squall stood up.

"I would have to say, that is your best record yet on that simulation sir," said the Combat training droid.

"Thanks C-907.  I'm done for right now, you can disable everything," said Squall.

Squall walked out of the simulation room, and took off his helmet.  He checked his agenda on his datapad.  "Explosives Deployment:  1200 hours.  He checked the time.  He had 15 minutes to report to the training facility for his next assignment.  He walked back to the barracks, and got ready for the training course.

He stepped into the training area, and the R2 droid beeped up, and the hologram came out again.  A familiar face, Otto again.  "Today, your assignment is for Explosives Deployment.  You will be doing a vast number of things today.  You will be leading a troop carrier through course of road blocks, which will need to be destroyed for the craft to move on.  Next, you will be doing some basic demolition of many objects, including: 3 Anti-aircraft guns, 2 bunkers, and 1 hanger.  Once finished, report back here as usual.  Good luck," and the hologram disappeared back into the round-headed droid.

Squall swung the E-11 around his neck, and grabbed the demolitions bag.  He exited the training facility, and walked to the speeder bikes.  He got on the one to the far left, and made his way to the demolitions course.  Upon arrival, he saw the drone troop carrier.  Squall hovered beside it, and it came to life.  It started moving slowly forward, and Squall scouted ahead, and found the first road block.  2 Metal barriers that were made to let nothing through.  He hopped of the bike, and pulled out 2 satchel charges from his pack.  He set one on the left, and attacked it with 2 clicks.  He did the same on the other side of the barrier.  He got back on the bike, and went back to the drone.  He ordered the drone to stop, because he was going to blow the road block.  It stopped suddenly, and Squall took his detonation device out of his bag.  He pushed the little red button, and a huge explosion rocked the ground.  He could see little parts of the barrier still falling, so he waiting until the debris was done falling, so they could move ahead.

Squall did the same thing to four other barriers, completing the mobile demolitions course.  He flew the speeder bike back to the training facility, and got the instructions for the second part of the training course.  He was to head to the east about 2 miles, to a dummy demolitions field, where he would be taking out he targets.  Squall walked out of the training facility, jumped on his bike, and made his way to the demolitions field.  He could see all of the targets within proximity of where he was at.  Squall swung his bag over his soldier, and jogged up to the first AA gun.  He placed a satchel on the back, and one under the guns on the front.  He looked over the back of his soldier, and saw the other 2 AA guns.  He went to the left one first, and placed two satchels again, one on the back, one on the front.  He did the same with the other AA gun, and then checks his map again.  The bunkers were to the west, in an abandoned defense facility.

Squall got back on his speeder bike, and gunned it up the hill to the west.  He saw the defense placement.  That thing is huge he thought to himself.  There were 2 bunkers, one on the right side, and another about 50 feet to the left.  They were very large, and looked fortified.  Squall thought to himself I think I'll use an air strike on the bunkers&it would take less time&
He pulled out his marker, and placed the crosshairs right on the left bunker.  It took about 30 seconds for it to mark the bunker, and then he could hear the familiar sound of a Tie Bomber from the left.  It was a lone bomber, making the run.  That's all that was needed for this operation.  The bomber was almost right above the bunker, when he started releasing his bombs.  3 of them hit the bunker, crushing it.  It capsized, and fell to the ground, leaving a mess of rubble.  Squall marked the right bunker, and the bomber made a quick turn back.  It took out the right bunker just as easily as the left.  The bomber picked up speed, and slowly went out of view, as it made its way back to base.

Squall spotted the hanger that he was to decommission to the right.  It was medium sized, but abandoned, like the rest of the things on the demolition field.  He walked back to the speeder bike, and hopped on it.  He gunned the throttle to full, and arrived at the hanger within minutes.  He got off the bike, and walked up to the big doors.  He pulled out his rifle, and shot out the panel to the right, opening the doors immediately.  The hanger was huge, and he could see no aircraft, anywhere.  He pulled out one of the satchels from his pack, and placed it on the left wall.  He went all the way down the wall, placing them about every 5-6 feet apart.  He did the same with the back wall, and the right wall.  Squall zipped up his bag, and took his detonator in hand.  He got on his speeder bike, and started making his way back to the training facility.  He was at the top of the hill, overlooking the demolition field.  He pushed the red button, and everything exploded simultaneously.  There were pieces of shrapnel everywhere, falling from the sky.

Once he arrived at the training facility, he dropped off the explosives, and the rifle that he was using.  He pulled up his datapad, and connected with Otto.  "Mission Accomplished."  Squall exited the training facility, and made his way back to the barracks&&

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad

"Faithful To The End"
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited February 21, 2005 6:24:07 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  224
December 30, 2004 2:18:31 PM    View the profile of Squall 
I need some help with my Field Fortifications, and Rizz, could you please look over these for me and tell me how I did?

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
{ARC:2ndGen]
- Raider Squad

"Faithful To The End"
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1983
December 31, 2004 4:24:35 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Rizzy, gimme a Spec Story

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit{Retired}
-Raider Squad
-

"Born to Lose, Live to Win"- Lemmy
TwIzTeD_199
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  18
January 7, 2005 9:11:01 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
Hey squall could you e-mail me an outline for a story that a newb story builder could do?

-----------------------
-=PuNk ThE SyStEm=-

TRP/PFC Twizted/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  239
January 8, 2005 11:59:14 AM    View the profile of Squall 
You mean like....you wanna start you spec or something?  Or you just want an idea for a story?

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad

SM/LCPL Squall/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
TwIzTeD_199
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  19
January 10, 2005 7:14:13 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
an idea for a story...if i can get an idea then my imagination will start going

-----------------------
-=PuNk ThE SyStEm=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2031
January 17, 2005 2:50:07 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
PUNK! PUNK! PUNK BY THE BOOK!

sorry, for some reason your sig just brought up an Anti-Flag lyric to my mind.

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  254
January 18, 2005 2:57:26 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Lol, Twisted, just read some good StarWars books, they can really get you going on ideas.  I have read most of them, so I know.

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad

TRP/LCPL Squall/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2040
January 18, 2005 7:01:10 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
yo, Rizzo, i need a spec story, soon-ish, i havent written anything sence the soup kitchen, i'm losing my feable enough skills as is.

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

TwIzTeD_199
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  23
January 19, 2005 7:12:17 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
where do i post a personal story? 
-----------------------

-=PuNk ThE SyStEm=-
[This message has been edited by TwIzTeD_199 (edited January 20, 2005 8:57:06 AM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1230
Total Posts:  3342
January 19, 2005 5:33:11 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
guys this thread is for posting spec stories, not for Q/A. That is what the Raider Squad Topic is for on the Army Main. Also what email and IRC is for.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Trooper (TRP) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/TRP/SGT Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]
TwIzTeD_199
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  25
January 20, 2005 9:16:13 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
This isnt a spec or anything but its my first ever story and i dont know where to post it, and this royaly sux.

Infiltration of the Rebel base on Lataka

Twizted rolled from behind a tree,stood up, and shot 2 rebels. Instantaneously both dropped to the ground. As he motioned for the others to come a lazer bolt flashed between TK-582 and squall. Squall returned fire stoping the rebels in their tracks. As they moved ahead, TK-582 noticed a lookout tower. Twizted quickly created a diversion as TK and squall set a detonation pack on opposite sides of the tower. As soon as they found cover they detonated the packs, and sent the tower to the ground.

As squall hotwired the door Twizted and TK-582 stood guard dropping every rebel insight. Upon opening the door squall shot 2 rebels, a commander and a trooper. Twizted picked up a key card saying " i love our gift!". Turning around and starting for the door, squall was about a mter from the panel when all of the sudden the door opened with a half dozen rebels on the other side. Once the door was completely opened, to dropped from a pair of shots from TK-582. Squall shot at the commander, hitting him in the head while Twizted blasted some holes in the other troops.
      After hiding the rebels' bodies, they ran out of the room, through a corridor and to the control room door. Using the key card they opened the dorr and found noone in plainview. Twizted got to hacking into the mainframe right away while Squall and TK-582 checked the surrounding corridors. Upon opening a door they found 3 rebels trying to lay out a plan to take out the Stormtroopers. Immediately Squall shot them all. After returning Twizted said "I've got the plans the stole from us! Lets get out of here!".

Whe the squad turned a corner to a corrider a mass aray of lazer bolt came toward them. One bolt Twizted's leg.      TK-582 and Squall surrounded him and quickly took out the 5 rebels. Helping Twizted up TK said "we are lucky mofo's!"

to be continued tomorrow...late for class

i hope you dont mind that i used ur name squall and tell me what you think

-----------------------

-=PuNk ThE SyStEm=-
Squall
ComNet Cadet

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  267
January 26, 2005 3:48:06 PM    View the profile of Squall 
The basic storyline is great twizted, but it needs more detail, and to be a bit more accurate.  I will make a post here on the storynet for your story, so that we can continue it there.  I would be glad to work on it with you, but I don't think that TK would be around for it though.  I'll do that right now, and will name it Twizted's Story(s)

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad

TRP/LCPL Squall/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
TwIzTeD_199
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  34
January 31, 2005 7:13:25 AM    View the profile of TwIzTeD_199 
thanks...i was gonna kill him but i wanted everyone to survive the first mission

-----------------------

-=PuNk ThE SyStEm=-
Jakireth
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  1
Total Posts:  1356
April 24, 2005 8:15:39 PM    View the profile of Jakireth 
Combat Engineer Training Course-
Basic Electronics/Wiring

Patience, one of Jakireth's less redeeming qualitys. He rolled his eyes as Mara landed the squad's only Sentinel Landing Craft (ten minutes after the time they had agreed upon earlier) in the hangar he was standing in. The hangar itself was large, and contained many transport and attack crafts. The area outside of the hangar was vast, open and clear. Imperial officials considered the area perfect for the construction of a hangar, seeing as rebels were less likely to locate its position.

"You're late" Jakireth remarked as Mara was shutting down the engines, there was a level of annoyance layering his voice.

Mara was the squad leader for the Imperial infantry squad, the Raiders. She was always kind, although Jakireth knew not to be disrespectful, and especially not in front of her. Jakireth was also a soldier in the squad, even though he didn't hold as high a rank as Mara.

Mara stepped out of the craft laughing "You really got to lighten up Jak, besides, it wasn't my fault. That's why I called you over here, navigation on this thing is pretty much shot. I couldn't make sense of my position on the way over. Not to mention the fact that I can't even push the throttle to maximum, it won't allow me to get the speed above 55% of it's full capacity. With all the problems I've had with this thing, you're lucky I even made it here."

"Sorry, this is practically my first chance at making an impression with my work." Jakireth always took work a bit too seriously, and once he intended to start a project, he was going to complete it. His father was the same way, and Jakireth grew up around his fathers strict work ethic.

"No worries" replied Mara "Now get to it, it's going to take you a while" With that, she grinned and walked inside the building, stopping at the nearest vending machine and relaxing on a couch in the lounge.

Jakireth cracked his knuckles and removed one of the service panels from the landing craft, instantly he saw the problem. "I wonder how a hurricane managed to get underneath this panel?" he joked.

The wiring within the panel was somewhere near being destroyed, and he knew he would have to rebuild most of it from scratch. He began by taking a pair of wire cutters from his backpack and snipping all the corrupted circuits from their respective circuit boards. After that was completed, he removed all the old circuitry and replaced it with brand new circuit boards and wiring he had picked up beforehand at a shop specializing in electronics and wiring. He then proceeded to connect the cut wires to their specific boards and completed the circuits between them.

"Well, that should take care of navigation" he mumbled "I need to correct the problems with the engine throttle though."

Jakireth slowly stood up and admired the uniformity of the circuitry within the panel, it was gratifying that he had just fixed a navigation system problem for the Empire. He picked up the service panel and placed it back onto the ships hull. It was now time to see if the ship's throttle problems were a result of a faulty wiring problem. He climbed in the cockpit and quickly tested the navigation system. Luckily, it was working perfectly. He then found the throttle panel and attempted to push the lever up to maximum, the ship wasn't started, but he wanted to see if the problem was caused by a lockup or jam. It wasn't, seeing as he could place the lever at its highest position. Jakireth then proceeded to remove the throttle lever from its position on the lower cockpit console and once again saw the problem right in front of him. The wires that needed to be connected to all the points above 55% were missing. A throttle system on this type of craft has wires connected to every increment of 2.5% and without those the system cannot function correctly, or at all for that matter. Jakireth removed about 20 simple wires from his field pack and began connecting them to the throttle system, making sure all of the wires were placed exactly where they should be. He then connected the circuits to the main throttle board below one of the communications panels.

At this point, Jakireth's hands had begun to ache, he had just replaced nearly 25 wires. He shook his hands to alleviate the pain and placed the throttle panel back on the console. Jakireth was pretty sure he had completed the job correctly, but this particular one was only test capable if the engines were on. A wide smile spread across his face. Being a new recruit in the Corps, he hadn't yet been able to fly a landing craft, although most weren't allowed too anyway. A Sentinel Landing Craft is usually for transportation from higher areas to lower areas, hence the name "landing craft". It was still hover capable, so it could float about 8 feet above the ground and fly at high speeds. This gave Jakireth the initiative to start the crafts startup sequence, and so he did. It felt good to feel the craft lift off the hangar floor, he hadn't engaged in any type of flight since his transport to the Imperial Academy. Just as he was about to push up the lever on the throttle, Mara appeared at his side. She smiled slightly and asked "what the hell he was doing?" Jakireth explained that the only way to test his work was to take the craft for a joy ride and she laughed.

"Have you ever flown anything like this before?" she asked. The reply was a "no" followed by "but I have flown many vehicles similar, I'm sure I'd be able to just fly around the hangar a couple of times." There was silence while Mara thought. "Fine, but if you damage anything, even if you just scratch the paint, you're not going to appreciate the punishment". Jakireth grimaced and wrapped his right hand around the throttle lever, slowly pushing it upward. The craft immediatley responded, heading straight out of the hangar. He quickly made a right turn and the craft switched course, going around the left side of the building. Jakireth nearly hit the edge of the hangar, but knew that his superiors would not take kindly to him rendering the Raiders only landing craft useless. He quickly responded, turning the craft a few degrees to the left. He repeated his flight around the building a few times (not including the near miss of the building's edge) and reduced the throttle as they came in front of the hangar entrance. He brought the craft down about 3 feet and proceeded into the bay he had used to work on the craft. Jakireth shut down the engines and brought them down to the ground.

Mara suddenly spoke, the first time since her warning about damaging the vehicle, "nice job, next time though, don't fly so close to the hangar".
Jakireth smiled and they exited the cockpit. To Jakireth's surprise, Major Rizzit stood a few feet away, watching them exit the craft. The Major was the commander of the entire Wild Card Platoon, and Jakireth thought he was in trouble, most soldiers with the rank of PFC didn't get to fly vehicles. Major Rizzit just smiled, "I was watching from the lounge, nice flight soldier". "Thanks" replied Jakireth "Maybe I should have been a vehicle crewman. They all laughed and walked towards the lounge. When they were all situated in their respective chairs the Major and Mara started talking about some old mission they were both involved in. This talk continued for about an hour until Jakireth fell asleep in his chair. Any story that didn't involve him made him bored, and his boredom usually led to a quick nap.

-----------------------
Private First Class Jakireth Cadrimos
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Trooper/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT//VEA/VE[LoR]
TJ
ComNet Cadet

TJ

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  205
Total Posts:  261
May 4, 2005 11:03:20 PM    View the profile of TJ 
**OOC: My first few stories will take place in the past tense, back before I "retired"**

Weapons Proficiency: Sniper Rifle
Sharpshooter Training

Collecting his gear, TJ prepared to enhance his skills.  It had been a couple months since his squad had seen any action, and he felt now was as good a time as any to become more adept in the various abilities he was sure to need in future encounters.  Sliding his sniper rifle into a holster on his back, TJ made his way out to the landing pads in the base.  With the planets various terrain, he had arranged for half a dozen battle droids to be placed in a small forest not far from the base.  This would give him an opportunity to test his skills at hunting down enemies, while not human as close as he could get to them without endangering lives of friendly soldiers.

A short shuttle ride later and TJ was at his destination; a small clearing near one side of the forest.  In a matter of seconds, he had made sure to get into the forest as one or two of the droids would undoubtedly have some idea of his location.  As soon as he was clear, the shuttle once again took off, and would await TJ at a rendevous point he had chosen.  Pulling his robes tight, TJ stretched out with the Force trying to locate the nearest droid.

As it turned out, one of the droids had become aware of his arrival and he could sense it coming towards the landing site.  From his hiding place amongst the brush, TJ spotted it long before it came near.  Slowly drawing his rifle from its holder, TJ aimed at his target.  With a pull of the trigger, an echo could be heard around him as the shot passed through the droid's head.  A rustle of bushes to the left caused TJ to shift his aim, only to find a small creature bounding away apparently startled by the noise.  Slipping his gun back where it belonged, TJ crept forward constantly on the lookout for his next prey.

It did not take long for the next droid to come into site, patrolling through a line of trees.  Lowering himself to the ground, TJ once again prepared to fire.  Another rustle in the bush seemed to spook the droid and cause it to move just as TJ fired.  The shot managed to hit the droid's 'shoulder', causing into spin into the air before falling to earth with a thud.  To TJ's dismay, the droid began to lift itself back to its feet but proceeded to once again collapse and go offline.

Looking for the third droid, it seemed to TJ that it was located nearby somewhere and was no doubt aware of what was going on.  He would no doubt have to be much more careful this time around.  It did not take long to find the position of the droid, but actually seeing him and getting a shot away was a different matter.  The troubles only increased as TJ was forced to roll away from a stun bolt shot in his direction.  This TJ had done as a safety measure; while he wanted the danger of the droids fighting back he did not want to risk the slight chance that they would kill him.

While this shot allowed TJ to find exactly where this droid was, it also told him that he would have to be careful as it knew exactly where he was too.  Hidden behind a tree, he was sure the droid had him targeted if he were to make an attempt to shoot it.  Thinking quickly, TJ figured the only way he was killing this one was to get out of its line of sight.  Keeping the tree between them, TJ moved further away from the droid until he got to a very dense bush.  Hiding behind the bush, TJ crept undetected to a different spot, until he had a clear view of the droid.  Meanwhile, it had been unaware of his change in locale and was still locked on to the same tree.  TJ took this opportunity to line up his shot and quickly dispose of the threat.   

With half the droids down, TJ became more cautious.  As a result, the next droid was taken care of with relative ease as he snuck in undetected.  Just as TJ returned his gun to holster there was a rustle of bushes behind him.  Drawing his lightsaber from his belt he lunged, decapitating another droid in the process.  He had not intended to use the lightsaber in the exercise, but at this range the rifle was impractical and the droid had to be handled one way or another

Seeking out the final droid, TJ found its presence in the vicinity of the rendezvous point.  In hunting down the droids, he had unknowingly crossed the entire forest.  Remaining seemingly undetected, TJ took this opportunity to get a better vantage point of the situation.  Climbing a nearby tree, TJ perched himself and scanned the area, preparing to fire on the droid.  It only took a few seconds to spot the droid hiding in some brush.  As TJ pulled the trigger, it seemed as if the droid saw him at the exact same time and rolled to the right.  A quick readjustment later, and the final droid lay motionless on the forest floor.  Climbing down, TJ picked some stray leaves and twigs from his robe before entering the shuttle.  Activating a couple clean-up droids, he leaned back on a chair awaiting departure and a return to base after a hard workout.

Comments: Allright Good work. Try and come up with a bit more than droids in your future excercises, but good work nonetheless. Oh, and please limit the lightsaber use. I know it was mentioned only like once or so, but recently we've begun treating troopers as troopers regaurdless of their jedi status. Plus, this is training supposedly, not a mission. Nonetheless, good work. Glad to see your writing level is still up there!

-----------------------
Colonel TJ
Raider Squad
Sith Guardian TJ
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
"Conquer fear, and you will conquer death."
*Joined December, 1999*
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 19, 2005 9:35:58 PM)]
CJ
ComNet Novice

CJ

Post Number:  78
Total Posts:  240
July 10, 2005 7:31:30 AM    View the profile of CJ 
Am I ment to write up a draft copy of my spec story before i post it here?

-----------------------
TRP/PFC CJ/3SQD/1PLT/1COM:/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Fear over Peace.
Anger over Honor.
Power over Justice.
Darkness over Light.
Jakireth
ComNet Member

Jakireth

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  352
Total Posts:  1356
July 10, 2005 11:00:50 AM    View the profile of Jakireth 
Its better to write in a word processor like :Microsoft Word, WordPad, or even notepad, just something to keep your work saved. If you get booted offline, you lose the entire story. Its just a precaution so no one has to hear that persons whining.

-----------------------
Private First Class Jakireth Cadrimos
Army of the Vast Empire
FTL/PFC Jakireth/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT//VEA/VE[LoR]

"Courage and bravery are your two primary weapons on the battlefield, without them, it is difficult and sometimes impossible to prevail"-Jakireth Cadrimos
CJ
ComNet Novice

CJ

Post Number:  80
Total Posts:  240
July 10, 2005 5:27:09 PM    View the profile of CJ 
Ok, so am i ment to write something like at least 2 spec stories?

-----------------------
TRP/PFC CJ/3SQD/1PLT/1COM:/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Fear over Peace.
Anger over Honor.
Power over Justice.
Darkness over Light.
[This message has been edited by CJ (edited July 10, 2005 5:28:12 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Specialty Storynet > Raiders' Squad specialty Stories  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:25:04 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 187  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >