Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Eriadu

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Eriadu
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
  RE: Mission: Eriadu
March 14, 2003 7:46:36 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon slowly came to his senses a few minutes later.  Afyon tried to lift his head but he began to feel sick and dizzy so he laid it back down.  Slowly he tried to gaze at his surroundings and put together what had happened.  Slowly he became reoriented and after much pain, managed to get himself into a sitting position.  Afyon instantly noticed something wrong with his leg.  For one thing he could hardly feel it and was quite happy for it cause it was soaked in blood.  He touched his hand to his head and it came away coated in drying sticky bloody.  If it wasnt for the armor he was wearing he would have probably been dead, or at least without a leg. Afyon looked around again, he could see debris lying everywhere and he was able to quickly figure out what had happened.  The explosions had sent the debris flying and he had been hit in the head and leg from it.  Afyon took off his blood filled helmet and everything seemed to fade into green and he almost collapsed again.  He took off the body armor he was wearing and ripped what was left of his shirt off.  He tore it into two long thick strips.  One he tied around the bloody area on his head, the other around his injured leg.  He noticed his leg appeared to be broken as it was resting in a most unnatural position.  Afyon managed to straighten the leg as much as he could, suppressing his screams of extreme pain as he did so.  Then he undid his boot and took it off.  The leg was broken near the ankle which was good news in a sense.  Afyon tied it off and put the boot back on, tying it as tight as he could at the top so as to give as much support as possible. After resting for a few minutes to let the pain settle, Afyon took a swig of water from his flask and attempted to stand, using the larger pieces of debris as support as he lifted onto one leg.  It was only then did Afyon notice that his right hand was cut too.  There was a piece of the sleeve left from his shirt and he tied this around the but to hold it until he got back to where his equipment was.  He cursed himself for leaving it so far away. Afyon took up his blaster and used it as a crutch as he took a couple wobbly steps and felt the pain sear through his leg again.  "Damn!"  He whispered to himself as he coaxed his leg through another series of small steps.  It was only at this time did Afyon realize that it seemed rather odd that the rebels had not captured him.  He thought the first recon vehicle would have come back to investigate the explosions.  As he walked around the debris pile, it was very obvious why that had not been the case.  All three vehicles were now smouldering scrap metal.  His bombs had set off the ammunition caches onboard the vehicles and that had caused for the explosion to be of much greater magnitude than expected, explaining for why he had been injured so badly in it.  Afyon took another swig of water and started to make his way down the street.  He doubted he could drive the speeder bike he had stolen but it was all he had to get out of this place.  He was positive the infantry carriers were now in the area and it wouldnt take them long before they arrived here to investigate. It took him ten minutes to make his way three blocks.  He was only four away from where the bike was stashed.  In the distance he could hear the rumbling of the infantry carriers approaching, he had to move faster!  Afyon rounded the corner and saw one of the carriers moving slowly down the street.  Afyon quickly scrambled behind a debris pile and waited.  He hoped he had not been spotted by any of the men who were in or walking besides the carrier.  Afyon took another sip of water and took his silenced pistol out of the holster and waited for the men to pass.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
March 17, 2003 5:29:34 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon sat quietly in his cell as the intel man returned. The man knew Argon had been working on something, but didn't know what since Argon had had his back to the camera in the room the whole time. However, he thought that whatever it was had been unsuccessful, Argon had dropped it to the ground and kicked it after working on it for several hours. "So Col. Viper," said the intel man from the other side of the shield, "I assume you've found that we didn't give you enough supplies to complete even a rudimentary sort of weap..." That was as far as he got. Argon, pushing off the wall with the incredible strength of a Whiphid suddenly slammed through the shield, knocking it out entirely and passing through. The device had worked, and his kick, apparently done in frustration, had served to lodge it in one of the shield generation points. The shield wasn't strong enough to hold him anymore. The intel man had only a half second to gape before Argon stood beside him. With almost casual strength, Argon backhanded the man, slamming him into the wall with more force than the human body is meant to bear. The snapping of bones and rending of tissues took a background place in Argon's mind as he slammed through the door of the cell, which had been left unlocked. The two guards on the other side were completely unprepared as Argon lunged through the doorway and plunged two sharpened pieces of metal into their throats. He had made these under cover of making the other device and hidden them in his thick fur. Now all that was left was to escape the prison. [OOC: Hey Afyon, you want to link up soon?  It seems we're the only ones still posting.  My position is near the Rebel frontlines.]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
March 17, 2003 7:22:41 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel fired two shots into an empty window above them, the section of wall above the window crumbled and came crashing down. Yun lobbed a grenade into the lower floor of the building and the last pieces of glass came flying out of the window.     The threat temporarily out of the way, Wraiths carried on down through the street. Arkanian hung back and fired a few shots into the burning building when he saw movement.     He picked himself up from the ground and hurried after the rest of the squad when he thought it was safe.     "Ok then i guess that everything is ready?" Kenrith smiled back at Kraas..     "Of course, all of my men are im position. The regulars are holding the lines and we have a our shocktroopers standing by to back-up the attack force." Kenrith started to gain confidence as he talked.     The wraiths broke into a run, each of them sensing a need for urgency. They could hear the sounds of mortar rounds being fired in the distance. Lukas spotted a squadron of bombers in the distance. Kraas would have saved them for a major attack.     They carried on down the same street, the buildings were more intact now. This area had seen far less fighting than others. They passed through the Imperial Rear lines. The defensive force that had kept the rebels from Kraas' guns and hangars for months now.     As the current HQ building came into view Raziel stopped the squad. The guards outside the building looked at them for a second and readied their weapons, but payed them little attention. Raziel looked to the right, down a side alley and saw a figure moving through the shadows.     "I see him," Grizzly said.     "What an earth os going on. Isnt this the right place?" Yun asked.     "There!" Raziel pointed. Even further ahead a rifle slowly extended from a high window, overlooking the open space infront of the HQ.     "An attack. Grizzly take Yun and Lukas into that building and try and find out who that is. I'll try and find a way around to warn Kraas."     "Ok Major i think we've softened them up enough?" Kraas asked. Kenrith took a sidelong glance at the guard before looking back at the ambassador.     "If the bombers have returned i suggest we move quickly."     "Good then we'll.... There was a crash and a guard fell in through the door quickly followed by Raziel. The guard who had been inside raised his pistol.     "Don't move!"     "Put the weapon down! Sergeant, so good to see you! Kenrith was quite sure you were dead."     "I heard something about that, anyway it's a set-up. Kenrith has been leading you around!"     "Actually i already knew. I was just teasing the Major here, but i'm quite certain of it all now. Kenrith your face says everything." The major was sweating heavily and looking all around him in confusing.     "It's a trick...."he started to murmur.     "What you dont know is that rebel soldiers are here. They were coming for you." Raziel said.     "GUARD! Take this man out of my site." Kraas boomed. "All men prepare for an attack, rebels have proken through." Kraas said into the microphone.     Grizzly eased his way up the stairs, dragging himself up on his belly. He peeked his head over the edge and looking up to see the sniper lying down on a box. Someone was setting up a mounted repeater beside him, he could hear more noise from the room next door.     He signalled to Yun, just below him, who pas up their last grenade. "On three" he signalled. He extended three fingers, one after the other and then closed his hand into a fist and threw the flashbang grenade into the first room.     The three bust into action, Grizzly kicked in the door on the second room and opened up. Yun waited for the explosion and then shot the bewildered sniper and heavy.     It was over in a second. Grizzly picked up a comm-unit that was making noise.     "Ok 'cover'. Take out the guard just inside the door and then cover us as we go in.     Grizzly smiled then shouted: "Guard is down gogogo!"     Yun finished setting up the repeater and then aimed down into the open below, as rebel infiltrators swarmed towards the HQ building below. The rebels dispatched the two first guards, but the third one dived inside and shut the door behind him.     "Damnit cover squad, we thought that man was down!"     The Yun opened up. The rebels tried to seek cover as they were mown down by what was supposed to be their covering fire. To make things worse the alerted guards started firing from within the HQ building.     "How long have you known?" asked Raziel.     "Not as long as i made out. I was almost completely fooled by him, but he made a few wrong moves and i had my suspicions. I decided the attack wasn't worth the risk, but now everything has been confirmed my shock troops are ready to finish this war."     "What do you mean?" Raziel asked him. They were back in the war room now, rather than Kraas' office. Kraas has decided to watch the skirmish play itself out rather than flee for his life.     "The rebel force needed to ambush my full attack force would have to be massive, so they have left several weaknesses open for me to exploit. I can now ignore their forward attacks and take each flank with one swift attack tomorrow morning, i have hired a great deal of mercenary troops to make it all possible. I can then ambush the army sent to ambush my own. All of this from on backfired plan." Kraas was smiling openly. He turned towards one of the screens.     "Your men are doing well out there. We have the rebels cornered, but there are quite a few of them determined too! I don't think there is any risk to me now though. I have you to thank for that. Tell your commanders that you and your men were instrumental in bringing this war to a close."     "Saying that i really should get in contact with them." Raziel said.     "Oh of course, we have an uplink to our station from here. You there, show this man the comms room."     Raziel sat at the terminal and looked at the uplink. All communications would go through Kraas' space station first. There were some things he needed to say now that Kraas wouldnt like to hear. Raziel took a small disk from within his belt and inserted it into the terminal. He restared the uplink.     "Who is this? This is a private signal for Vast Empire use only!"     "Sergeant Major Raziel, i need to speak to Major Fury.     "Raziel is that you? Are you on the scythe yet?" Fury spoke as soon as he was connected.     "No sir i'm on the planet now. We finished Kraas' task, but Kraas was too clever. He already has another attack planned to finish this war now."     "Damnit, that would be exceedingly unfortunate Sergeant."     "I know, i think i have a plan though. Kraas may not like us much for it though, but it could escalate the war without any clear winner."     "We don't care much for his appreciations. How hard would it be?" Fury asked.     "Well both the Rebels and the loyalists have doubled their forces recently. All i need to do is alert the rebels to Kraas' plans. We may need picking up, but from the other end of the city."     "Get on it now, but be careful" The uplink closed. Raziel slid himself to another terminal and began to work.     Kenrith sat in the cold cell staring at the patterns in the blue force field. There was only one guard left, the others had all left to try and hold off the rebels. Raziel walked into the room and looked at the guard.     "Kraas wants to see him. I get to act as messanger boy cos you lot have bungled the defence."     The guard looked at Raziel suspiciously then turned towards a comms terminal. Raziel leaped forwards and hit him hard on the back of the head. He pulled the guard's gun from its holster and shot him three times in the chest. He quickly powered down the force field and flung the guards gun at Kenrith's feet.       When Kenrith stood up with the pistol Raziel already had a gun levelled at him.     "Why?" he asked, pushing the pistol into his belt.     "Because i dont like Kraas. And my people don't want him in charge of Eriadu right now."     "And shooting me will help because?"     "I'm not going to shoot fool. Take this disk, Kraas has another attack planned. Your assassins outside aren't going down without a fight. I suggest you get to them and get back to whoever owns you and show them this."     Kenrith took one look at Raziel then bolted out of the door.     Grizzly opened fire as some Rebels tried to flee into the building where the Wraiths were now shooting from. Three men wouldnt last long if the Rebels decided to flee through them so Grizzly had moved into a different building to take pot-shots from the window.     "It's me!" Grizzly squeezed the trigger as another form walked slowly through the door and walked across the bodies.     "Damnit!" Grizzly said lowering his rifle.     "Everything is finished here now. It's time to find Argon." (Ok lets finish this and get on with something fresh. Kraas and the rebels are delt with. We just need to get Argon and go)

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
March 18, 2003 9:24:51 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury killed his connection with Raziel and gladly sent off a message to Peacemaker relaying all the relevant information about the situation on Eriadu.  One madman, a traitor and two squads of troops who seriously needed to get home.  It was a situation that the Vast Empire needed to get out of. There was comm chatter from the rebels demanding that someone bring in the Fourth New Republic Fleet and mop the whole planet clean of Imperial scum.  Apparently Argon and Daishi were completely twisting the tail of some intel weenie about there being a major threat due to their appearance there.  As was usually the case, command could see the bigger picture and realize it was a couple of individuals, not a regiment of special ops personnel reborn.  In short, request denied. Apparently, the New Republic did not see the need to waste more resources on Eriadu than the Empire did.  Which was fine, as the place could be useful for weapons testing in the near future.  Especially once those starfighter plans came back. All that was left to do was to get those personnel off the planet.  He kept the orders standing for recon searches but cancelled the request for the dropships of regulars.  Whatever happened on the surface would be in the hands of Raziel and Kiption and their squads.

-----------------------
PRF/MG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

March 18, 2003 7:26:14 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon ran through the city streets with the disk containing the information from the Rebel main computer. He wished he was as adept a slicer as Tycho, but his meager skills had managed to get him past the firewall. From there, he had downloaded all the information on their system into his disk. Behind him, three speeder bikes raced around the corner. Picking up his first blaster rifle, he took potshots at the ground a few meters in front of them, throwing up gravel and dust. With his second rifle, he picked off the middle rider with a spray of shots. Naturally leaning away from the spray and blinded by the dust and gravel being thrown up, the other two bikes turned... ...and slammed into the buildings on either side. Argon looked around, he was clear, but he had no idea where he was, but that was okay. He walked up to the wreckage of one of the speeder bikes and got to work. ****** "Sir," said Grizzly to Raziel, "I'm picking up a signal on the VE bands." "What is it?" asked Raziel, walking over to look over Grizzly's shoulder. "It's a locater pattern," said Grizzly, "must be either Kuroishi or Argon." "Well," said Raz, "the sooner we pick them up, the better, let's head toward it." ****** Kuroishi slowly approached the smoldering heap of wreckage. Ten minutes ago, he had started to receive a signal from a VE locater beacon. Ten minutes later, he was here, looking at a piece of wreckage that could very well be another VE soldier. He picked up a piece of wreckage, digging through to try to find the beacon when he heard a small crunch of gravel behind him. Spinning, he came face to face with a large, hairy, animal that was upon him before he could react. "Relax Dai," came Argon's voice, "you're ID'd." Kurioshi backed away, having recognized the voice, and took a look at Argon. "Good," he said, "you didn't forget everything the POD taught you." "Yeah," replied Argon, "those kind of lessons are hard to forget." Kuroishi nodded.  They both still had nightmares of the hellish assault on Erebria and the battles with the forces of Amon Nezumi. "Anyways," said Argon, "now all that's left is to wait for Raz and the..." He broke off as they both spun and aimed their weapons, centering on Wraith Squad as they rounded the corner. Letting out a breath, both of them relaxed. "Master Sergeant Argon Viper and Corporal Kuroishi reporting for duty, sir," said Argon, straightening to attention, "I believe we have something that might interest you." He held out the disk to his Squad Leader.   ----------------------- Argon Viper IW COL Argon Viper{ret} Fallen Angel and Proud of It! "History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn "In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous "Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited March 19, 2003 10:10:13 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 18, 2003 8:24:05 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon heard the feet crunching over the debris as they approached his position.  The whirling sound of the infantry carrier's motor began to ring louder in his ears.  Afyon took a deep breath and tried to hold it as long as he could so the rebels wouldnt hear him breathing behind the large pile of debris. A few seconds later, he saw the first few rebels walk pass his position and down the street, the vehicle and the rest followed shortly after.  Afyon waited until they traveled another block before looking up the street, noticing no other vehicles following.  Afyon managed to work himself up to a standing point again, took his blaster uyp as his crutch and made his way another painful block up the street.  Only two more blocks then turn left for two and half and he would be back where his equipment was.  IF he recalled correctly. there may have been a small medical kit there but he wasnt sure.  Having no shirt under the chest plate of his commando armor was becoming very uncomfortable and did not mix pleasently with his broken lower leg and damaged hand. Afyon took a deep breath and made his way up the next two blocks, nearly collapsing in pain after travelling that distance.  His leg felt like he had been stabbed by a jagged knife that was still in his leg, he hoped that he hadnt trapped any debris inside the leg when he tied it off.  Unfortunately he couldnt worry about that right now, he noticed a rebel vehicle heading up the road.  It was only three blocks away.  Afyon dashed around the corner as best he could and may his way down the street.  After the next block, he had to sit down or else he would have fallen.  The strain being put on his leg was causing too much pain for him to continue this.  He knew he had to leave the area and inform the Imperials before they were surprised on their flank but he couldnt see how he could ride his speeder bike back into the main part of the city. After five long excruciating minutes, Afyon struggled back to his feet and limped his way down the last block and a half and entered the burned out warehouse were his equipment was.  Slowly he secured everything to the bike before collapsing on it.  After taking a short time to drink some water and realizing to his dismay there was no first aid kit, Afyon started the bike and rode out of the warehouse.  Unfortunately he almost ran right into an infantrey carrier sitting right outside.  "Dammit!"  He swore as he gunned the engine and raced down the street.  Behind him, he could hear the sounds of blasters firing at him.  He began jinking to the protest of his leg as he accelerated as much as he could.  Suddenly, an explosion to his left rocked the bike violently to the right, almost knocking him into a pillar of a collapsed building.  A second missile exploded seconds later sending the bike crashing towards a wall.  Afyon was thrown from t he bike and crashed into a pile of jagged cement.  He blacked out.
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
March 19, 2003 7:21:25 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
"C'mon Merrick, tell us dammit." Stitch was pleading, even near to begging. The curiosity was really getting to him. Merrick laughed a little too loud, and caught an unhappy look from Kip. Jester were sitting around in an old building for the night. They'd been sneaking around checking out all the Rebel positions since they'd parted company with Wraith again. Merrick was happy, she'd gotten to kill some more people. Kip was not, he was sick of being stuck here doing nothing useful, with no idea what the hell Wraith and everyone else were up to. Well, not no idea. Knowing the Wraiths they were most likely blowing things up. A lot of things. From their recon, Jester could tell that the Rebels were planning to ambush the Imperials, but it was hard to tell if they would have much success. Merrick figured Krass probably had something up his sleeve, though. It was hard to tell what Kip thought, other than that this was a crap mission from the beginning. Stitch nudged Merrick again. She shook her head. Kip looked at them both and thought for a second. "Can I order you to tell me?" He grinned a little. Merrick pondered. "I don't know. I guess you COULD, but then I'd only be able to tell you." Stitch looked irritated. Kip opened his mouth to talk again, but Merrick put up a hand to silence him. She crept away from the group, confused looks from all of them, carrying her vibroaxe. She disappeared for a moment, returning with blood on her axe and boots. Kip shook his head. "I don't wanna know." Merrick grinned broadly, and Stitch started pestering her again. Merrick sighed and sat back down. "Fine, I will tell you." Stitch smiled and everyone paid a little more attention. "Tomorrow.." Merrick grinned at the look Stitch gave her as she lay down to get some sleep. "Kip, when are we getting the hell out of here?" Kip shrugged and went back to keeping watch.   ----------------------- TRP/SGT Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE ----------------------- Jester Squad's chick with a sword To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee. If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited March 19, 2003 7:28:36 AM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

March 21, 2003 2:03:29 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick's turn on watch. She yawned and looked at the rest of the squad sleeping amongst the rubble. She sat cleaning her sniper rifles; vibroaxe and blaster pistols within easy reach. Despite all the opportunities to be violent, this mission had quickly become boring. Wars were good and all, but only for short periods. She wanted to go home and sleep in her own bed (even if that meant being woken early by Kip) for the first time in over 6 months. The undercover thing had been fun too, but again only briefly. She finished cleaning her rifles and took out one of the data cylinders. Even she didn't really know the importance of its contents, though she figured they must be worth a lot to have required her to be undercover for so long. She wondered if Fury would tell her when she delivered them to him. Merrick checked the time and then woke up the rest of the squad as Kip had requested. Most of them were not very pleased about it and promptly swore at her and tried to go back to sleep. Kip looked at them and ordered them to get up. Stitch looked at Merrick as they got ready to go. "Gonna tell me yet?" Merrick shook her head. "Wait till we see what kind of fun we get to have today." Stitch muttered something and Merrick wandered off to see what Kip was doing. He was talking to someone over his commlink, quietly so the rest of the squad couldn't hear. He stopped as Merrick came close, and started again when she shrugged and walked off to gather her gear. They headed out of last night's camp, and away from the front lines. Merrick jogged up to Kip when they were clear of all the nearest fighting. "Where we goin?" Kip looked at her and then the others. "Home. I've had enough of this crap, we've done more than our job, so we're leaving. We've got a shuttle on its way from the Scythe now." The rest of the squad looked a little happier, and started walking at normal speed instead of early morning trudge. As they moved steadily away from the front line, it got easier to travel normally instead of darting between pieces of rubble and broken buildings. They'd had to fight only a few times by the time they made it past all the major areas of conflict. Merrick had taken this opportunity to get the last of her violent killing done. Jester were taking a rest toward early afternoon, in a mostly still standing building. Merrick was covering the position with her sniper rifles when Stitch wandered up and started pestering her again. "If you keep nagging, I won't tell you." Stitch looked annoyed and left again, muttering to himself. Merrick grinned and went back to keeping watch until Kip ordered them out again. They walked for a few more hours, Stitch looking irritated still. It was pretty easy going here, everything was deserted and they were near the outskirts of the city. There was little damage and so not a lot of rubble in the streets. Just after dark Kip ordered them to settle in for the night. "The shuttle will be here in the morning, so all we gotta do is wait and not die. Merrick, you want first watch?" Merrick shrugged but nodded and set up her rifles. The rest of the squad ate and all the usual stuff, then found marginally comfortable bits of ground and went to sleep. Merrick woke up to Stitch poking her in the ribs with his foot. "Ass." He looked down at her. "You said you'd tell us yesterday." Merrick shrugged. "Today, tomorrow, whenever." Stitch sighed and wandered off to get his stuff together. Merrick checked all her things, checked that the data cylinders were still there twice, and waited for the others. Before long they could all hear, and then see, the shuttle approaching. Everyone was alert for any of the enemy who might see it too, but they were all too busy closer to the centre of the city. When the shuttle landed and the hatch opened, they all gladly boarded, secured their equipment and sat down and strapped themselves in. Stitch made a point of sitting near Merrick. Just after they took off, he asked what Merrick knew he would. "So, where the hell have you been for the past 6 months?!" Merrick grinned. "Well, it's like this.."

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Merrick
ComNet Member

March 23, 2003 5:56:48 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
[OOC: I swear, if someone doesn't post soon I will end it for Wraith too. We are under orders to get it finished so GET TO IT. That includes any Jesters who wish to add anything.]

-----------------------
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

March 23, 2003 4:14:42 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: I'm not sure where Afyon is.  All we have to do is find him, and we're done.  Afyon, it's all in your hands...]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 24, 2003 5:30:50 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
(OOC: I am in the far part of the city on the outskirts admist a neighborhood reduced to rubble.  There are now rebel forces infiltrating and doing recon.) Afyon slowly became conscious after he had been thrown from his speeder bike by the explosion of a missile launched from one of the rebel infantry carriers.  As he became more aware of where he was, he realized that he was lying on some sort of cot in something that was shaking and bouncing. Afyon jolted slightly and he felt pain rush through his left leg and his chest.  His head hurt badly too.  As he looked around some more he saw two rebel soldiers standing near his bed.  he also saw other beds and what looked like medical personel around them.  Damn, I must be in a rebel mobile hospital or trauma center or possibly a large ambulance.  Afyon thought to himself as he look up at the guards again.  I got to get out of here!  He thought as he tried to sit up but collapsed again as the pain jolted through his body again. "Ah I see you have finally awoken."  On of the medics said as he knelt down and looked over Afyon.  The two guards closed in, guns in sight, around the bed.  "Right now, the New Republic has no need for prisoners so once this vehicle moves more so into the city, we will make arrangements to have you put in a civilian hospital.  These two guards will be part of the commando team that will sneak you in.  When we are ready I am going to have to put you unconscious again so as to ensure the safety of the operation.  Do you understand this?"  He inquired as he checked over Afyon and looked at the chart sitting there. "Yes"  Afyon managed to finally get out.  Even his jaw hurt and he could hardly speak.  "Why are you bothering to treat me at all if you have no intention of keeping me?"  He gasped out as the doctor began examining the bandages on his head. "Because you have given us vital information, these drugs now a days are so ideal for extracting information from people."  The doctor said as he continued his examination.  "Consider us sparing your life as compensation for the troop information which you had given us."  The medic continued as he finished up checking the bandages.  He then moved on to another bed.  I dont know any troop information, how could they hvae extracted any?.  Afyon pondered to himself as he looked around again.  The only troop deployments I ever saw were the soldiers in front of the airport and in front of a power plant and some other key city facilit..  Afyon stopped his thought short and realized in horror what he had done.  He had revealed vital info about city facilities.  With this information the rebels could use commandos to criple the city, bring down the power and main computers, and make it very difficult for the Empire to wage war when the city's vital systems were in Republic hands.  What the hell was he going to do now?
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

March 25, 2003 9:50:54 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon lay on the roof of a building near the outskirts of the city. From where he stood, he could use his sniper scope to see in the window of Afyon's hospital room. He took a second to thank whatever diety there may be that Raz had seen fit to surgically equip everyone with an electronic tracking device. "We could take out the doctors," said Kuroishi from behind him, standing and using his scope to check out the building, "but he doesn't look to be in any condition to make an escape." "Yeah," said Argon, "but did you catch that about him giving them info?  They must have drugged him up pretty bad." Kuroishi shook his head, he had never bothered to learn lipreading, a skill that Argon was reasonably proficient at. "I'll tell Raz though," he said, pulling out his comm. "Raz," he said, "this is Kuroishi.  Apparently Afyon released some information under drugging.  We're not sure what, but it's your call what to do about it." "Understood," came the reply, "we'd better tell the Ambassador." The comm clicked off. "Well," said Kuroishi, repacking the comm unit, "what now?" "They're taking him to a civilian hospital," said Argon, already packing his stuff away, much to Kuroishi's surprise, "we can pick him up there and get off this rock." "Sounds like a plan," replied Kuroishi, "we'd better figure out which hospital they're sending him to." "Looked like they were already moving him," said Argon as they moved down to the street, "all we'll have to do is follow the first ship that leaves the place." As he spoke, a ship lifted off, heading in the direction of the city center. Before Argon could react, Kuroishi's gun came up, firing one distinctly projectile shot at the ship. "What the..." started Argon. "Tracking device," interrupted Kuroishi, "Let's go." ****** Two hours later, Kuroishi and Argon returned to the basement the Wraiths had claimed as their own, bearing Afyon. They were met by the open barrels of the other Wraith's weapons, but that was quickly replaced by smiles and wisecracks directed at Afyon. "Well," said Raz, "looks like it's time to get off this rock, the Ambassador is moving to defend everything he's got.  Looks like they're in for a huge climactic but indecisive battle, followed by years of ground fighting.  There's a ship waiting for us back at the spaceport, let's go."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Merrick
ComNet Member

March 26, 2003 8:35:39 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
"So there you go, that's where I have been. Not retired like you all thought." Stitch nodded, and then looked thoughtful. "Why you? It's not like your skills actually fit that kind of mission." Merrick shrugged. "I'm pretty new, don't have myself a superhero reputation and I'm not exactly the kind of person that people expect to be an Imperial trooper." Stitch nodded and Kip laughed. Jester were now on board the Scythe and moving their gear into some sleeping quarters. Merrick picked a bed at random, lay down on it and put a pillow over her head. Kip took the pillow. "Well everyone, all we have to do now is wait for Wraith to get their act together and get up here, then we can leave. You can pretty much eat, sleep and sit around till then. Enjoy." He handed Merrick's pillow back, and found a bed for himself. Everyone else either did likewise, or wandered out to see what kind of trouble they could get in.

-----------------------
-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 27, 2003 5:28:55 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon slowly gaineed back consciousness after being heavily drugged during his transfer from the mobile republic trauma facility to the civilian hospital.  As his sight began to focus, Afyon instantly realized he was not in a hospital at all.  He felt his body jerking around on what appeared to be the floor of some kind of vehicle.  Afyon looked up and saw that Grizzly was standing over him examining the injury on his head. "Where did you guys come from."  AFyon said in his drugged stupor as he stared around the vehicle and started to recognize other members of his squad. "We siezed you from the hospital just a few minutes ago, we are on our way to the spaceport now.  There is a ship waiting to take us off this planet."  Raziel replied from the corner of the vehicle.  Afyon looked back at Grizzly who had finished adjusting the bandage on Afyon's head wound. "How is it Grizzly?"  Afyon inquired as the effect of the drugs began to slow clear his head. "Just lay down, you'll live but you won't be in action for a while."  He replied as he sat back down on the floor of what seemed to be a delivery truck. "Sarge."  Afyon began.  "I'm sorry I wasn't able to find you guys on the field.  I guess I took the wrong road then managed to screw up when I could have done something to help you guys.  All I ended up doing was getting myself nearly killed, had to make you guys rescue me and revealed information to the enemy."  Afyon's body seemed to deflate as if the pain of the moment and the effort to speak had worn him out. "Well we will discuss what happened later, right now we need to get the hell out of here fast."  Raziel replied rather icely from the corner. "Sarge.  I brought my own transportation to this planet, a very nice shuttle that I have no intentions on abadonning, I trust we are flying that out right?"  AFyon asked as he tried to look back over at Raziel. "There is nothing we can do about it, we dont have time to delay finding your shuttle.  The enemy is now in the city and disabling crucial facilities.  It is enevitable that they will take over the spaceport.  We must get out immediately.  It is possible they may have sent out for fleet support by now.  We cant take the risk of lingering and then having to fight a blockade.  I'm sorry Afyon."  He replied as the vehicle swerved violently.  The were nearing the spaceport.
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
March 28, 2003 12:52:35 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    It had taken them a long long time, but it looked like they could finally leave the devastated city. Hundreds of small skirmishes, ambushes and large amounts of street fighting left them all tired and exhausted. Almost everyone of them wanted out, except maybe for Argon and Kuroishi, Raziel wasn't sure if they wanted to go back for more.     They were finally approaching the spaceport now, hopefully a shuttle would be waiting to take them back to the Scythe.     They approached a heavily guarded entrance. It was the entrance to a deep tunnel which went underneath the large guarded wall defending the rebel's main target.     The Wraiths got out from the vehicle at gunpoint. Raziel handed one of the guards a piece of paper. The guarded took a small device from his pocket and tapped it a few times.     "You're cleared. Just let us check the vehicle and you can go through to your shuttle."     Several men came out from a building to one side of the entrance and walked around the speeder with various pieces equipment untill they were satisfied. The guards waved them on and the sped down into the tunnel.     Two hours later and they were all on the scythe. Each of them took a long long time to clean up and relax.     "Whats the latest down there?" Raziel asked one of the scythes commanding officers.     "Looks like Kraas' attack failed, at the last minute the rebels shifted a load of men to defend their flanks then launched an attack of their own. Casualties were large on both sides, but it's settles down now."     "Good good,"     Later that evening Raziel's comm unit woke him up from a light sleep.     "Yes what is it?"     "A call to you, from the ground. It's a video call"     "Ok contact me in a minute."     Kraas' face appeared on the screen infront of Raziel almost exactly a minute later.     "Hello ambassador."     "Good to see you in one piece Sergeant, how are you?"     "Fine thank you, just trying to get out of eriadu time."     "You've probably heard the bad news then?" Kraas asked. Raziel knew this was going somewhere.     "Yes i saw, where do you stand now?"     "It looks like we'll have to dig in and hire more troops." he paused for a moment before carrying on... "Major Kenrith escaped from his cell and informed the rebels of our plans. They knew enough to slow my attacks and now we are back where we started." Raziel looked at Kraas blankly.     "I'm sorry for your losses Ambassador."     "Don't even try it. I know you wanted this all along, i know more than you think!"     "I'm sorry i have no idea what you mean, we went down there and did a job. If we hadnt been there you would be a lot worse off right now."     "You released Kenrith, i know it!"     "You're not nearly as clever as you think Kraas and the truth is we just dont care about your selfish efforts using our name for your own personal glory..." before he could finish the link was cut.     Raziel slammed his fist down onto the table. If he had his way he would be going down there now to deal with Kraas. Suddenly it hit him that he could get in a lot of trouble for what he had just said. Then again he doubted Kraas would ever want people to know that he had been successfully betrayed. That mans pride in his own intelligence was a great weakness.     Raziel smiled, in the end they had done their job. If Kraas finished the war it wouldn't be for a long time now.

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
March 28, 2003 1:21:15 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Bravo.  Case closed.  Consider the Scythe to be arrived safely at Tadath and your squads resting for the next mission. (Thanks for leaving Kraas alive.  I might have use for that jerk down the road.)

-----------------------
PRF/MG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Eriadu  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:45:54 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 108  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >