Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Eriadu

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Eriadu
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
  RE: Mission: Eriadu
February 15, 2003 5:13:43 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
(OOC: I'm back, enjoy the show  ) Argon landed in the main spaceport and took a look off to the East, seeing fire on the horizon.  The front lines were close. He headed immediately to the office of the Ambassodor and found the man exiting a room that looked liked it could be either an office or a meeting room. "Sargeant Major Viper I presume," said Ambassodor Kraas, taking a look at the VE insignia that decorated Argon's left shoulder, "I'm glad you're here, it seems your new squad is taking heavy losses to the Rebels." "That's why I'm here," said Argon, "tell me where they are and I'll be there." "Well," said Kraas, leading Argon in one direction down the hall as a Major walked the other way, "that could be a problem.  We seem to have lost contac with them." "Show me your current battle reports," said Argon, "If Kuroishi's with them, it won't be too hard to tell where they are." "Very well," said the Ambassador, surprised, "right this way." -------------- Two hours later, Argon was headed out on a truck carrying the newest load of conscripts into the war.  He wore a standard Eriadu military uniform that could quickly be modified to look like almost anything else. In his pack, he carried an E-11 blaster rifle, a carbine, a seperated sniper rifle, several clips of ammo for each, and two weeks worth of rations. In his hands, he held a local variant of the E-11 and on his belt, he had a few pouches of chemicals, containers, and mechanical parts as well as another blaster carbine. The truck was full of two squads of conscripts and was travelling in a convoy of five similar trucks. The conscripted soldiers were all young, only just out of their teens or not even that, and they were all very nervous. "Hey," said a young Rodian who sat across from Argon, "I'm Ridniz Fareet." "Taloos Varnass," replied Argon, having already memorized his persona, "where are you from?" "One of the outskirt farms," said the Rodian, obviously comforted to have the massive Whiphid in his group, "got destroyed a couple months ago, my mom too.  My dad's been trying to get work in the city, but I just turned 17, so I got put up for the draft.  How about you?" "I was in the area," said Argon, "figured I'd join the fight.  What's the city like, how're the people taking this war?" "Man, everyone hates it," said the Rodian, loosening up, "that ambassador's trademark Imp, he'd kill all us non-humans if he could, but he needs us to beat back the Rebels.  I swear, if the Rebels put more pressure on him, I'd take him down myself." A few choruses of agreement from areas of the truck showed that this was not an unpopular opinion. Argon continued the conversation just long enough to make it seem like a normal one and then lapsed into silence. Three hours of driving later, they arrived at the main frontline command post. ------------ He was sneaking through the bushes, almost at the encampment the Wraiths and Jester's had set up. It had been ridiculusly easy to spot, he could only assume that neither Raznor Kuroishi had been involved in the setup of it. He took a few minutes to find Kuroishi's sniper post and headed for it.  Sneaking up behind his old boss, Argon reached down and grabbed the sniper rifle from the top. Apparently, Kuroishi wasn't totally out of it, because he turned around almost before Argon had grabbed it, lashing out with his right hand at Argon's face and trying to twist the gun out of Argon's grip with his left. Argon kept his grip on the gun and caught Kuroishi's right hand with his left. "I'm back," he said simply to Kuroishi's shocked expression. ------------- He walked into the encampment and strode directly up to the two squad leaders. "Sir," he said, saluting Raz, "Sargeant Major Argon Viper reporting for duty, sir!" "Argon," said Raz, in surprise, standing up and returning the salute as Kiption's face turned to a mask of shocked annoyance, "man am I glad to see you.  You bring anything for us?" "Of course," said Argon, opening up his pack, "I figured you guys were low on rations, so I packed up as much as I could get from what they had at the main HQ." This brought a ragged round of applause from the troops who had gathered to figure out what this was all about. "Also," said Argon, "I did a few things before getting here.  First off, here's the speaker for a microphone I hid on the Ambassador's clothing.  Now we'll know the second he decides to backstab us." "Wait a second," said Kiption, interrupting, "didn't Fury forbid us from bringing anything like that with us?" "Yeah," said Argon, "but it's not hard to make if you're on a shuttle.  Although they will find out sooner or later that their sensors show a nonexistant ship to their bottom left and their short range communicators can't handle the 20-30 hertz range anymore." This provoked some laughter among the more psychotic members of the groups. "Nice," said Raz, admiring the makeshift speaker, "anything else?" "Yeah," said Argon, "I hithced a ride pretending to be one of their conscripts and I found out a few things.  You have no idea how bad life will get if we succeed in escalating things..." (OOC: In case I didn't catch anything, just mail me and I'll edit this post accordingly.  Otherwise, enjoy  )

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
February 15, 2003 6:42:08 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(nothing wrong, we just have to say it was before the previous post when Kenrith showed him his 'wraith' )     "Ok we have to finish our mission now." Raziel nodded at Merrick. "Fortunately the second part of our mission has already been taken care of. What we need to cinfirm now is what i think we already know. The rebels are already waiting for Kraas' attack, they must have a spy with the imperials or something."     "Raz! listen!" Argon was sat in the corner, with the speaker held up to his ear. He turned up the volume so they could all hear.     And you are sure this man is from the squad?" he asked.     "Quite sure, he's definately Private First Class Bronx. We gave each member of the squads a security word to use."..... ..."There rearguard was lightly guarded as you said, but then on the way back we were ambushed. Almost everyone was killed in the first few seconds, only myself and the SGM escaped. I don't know what happened to him, but he might return soon. I think you must have a traitor amongst you men Kraas."     "Argon you didnt possibly drop a two-way mic on him?" Raziel smiled.     "Suprisingly enough no i didn't"     "Well now we have our traitor and we're going to have to move fast. We have radio's now so one squad is going to have to go deeper into rebel territory and find the ambush whilst the other returns and deals with Kenrith."     "We'll go deeper." Kip said grimly.     "We're all with you," Merrick quickly put in. Raziel looked each member of Jester squad in turn. Every one of them looked ready to go all the way.     "Good then we're all set. Before you all go i'm sure we can make things easier for you with a small distraction" Raziel looked at Argon and Kuroishi and smiled. They smiled back. (Ok here's how its stands. This is a map showing current positions of troops and us Jester need to make it deeper into enemy territory whilst Wraith need to get back to Kraas HQ and inform him of Kenrith. From then on we need to stop either side from winning outright. Jester can do this in the fields whilst wraith can probably do things more "politically" unless anyone really objects)   ----------------------- SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited February 16, 2003 5:08:21 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 15, 2003 10:48:00 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
(gotta love your posts, I don't have to wait for anyone else because they're like several wrapped into one  ) "Distraction eh?" said Kuroishi as he and Argon took a look at the route the Jesters would use to get deeper into enemy territory, "I don't know, I'm running low on explosive supplies as it is.  Besides, you're the expert." "I sure am," said Argon with a smirk, "and I think I have an idea." ------------ Argon and Kuroishi snuck around behind the Rebel platoon base camp holding their new cargo. "Are you sure these are going to work?" Kuroishi whispered to Argon. "Trust me," said Argon, "this won't take out anything vital, but it's distracting as hell." Shaking his head slowly, Kuroishi took out a lighter. "Here goes nothing," he said, lighting the object and then throwing it quickly into the enemy camp. The duct tape wrapped water balloon took a few seconds to start burning, but once it started, it ignited like a nova in between the enemy tents. As it did so, Argon pitched another one at another section of the camp.  This one too caught fire. By now, the guards had raised the alarm and troops were hurriedly issuing from their tents. One of them shouted and pointed in the direction of Argon and Kuroishi and was promptly hit in the face with another flaming, duct-tape wrapped water balloon. Kuroishi launched another one and the two of them started to retreat. "How is this supposed to distract them again?" he asked, "It'll only take them, like two minutes to put them out." Suddenly, one of the balloons exploded, throwing burning duct tape in all directions. In addition to this, it had not been filled with water, but with gasoline, adding an extra blaze to it and catching any nearby materials on fire. "I love my job," Argon chuckled as the two of them escaped under cover of the blaze. "You're clear to go Jester," Kuroishi radioed, "they're gonna be busy for a while." "Well now," said Argon, admiring another act of senseless arson, "let's go see what Raz' got planned for us, shall we?" (PS - Thanks go out to a couple real world friends of mine for this stunt.  They did it in their garage, but used a water balloon wrapped in duct tape.  I just added the gasoline part    Gotta love the "Rube" projects  )

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 16, 2003 3:50:54 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(on leave for a few days just work on getting back through the rebel lines till i get back or something )

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
February 16, 2003 7:10:34 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon raced around the corner and sped thorugh the spaceport.  He quickly came to the registration desk.  Now if I can only fool him Ill make it into the city.  Afyon thought as he slowly looked at the man at the registration desk. "I would like to register my shuttle here. It is in space D-821, its a Lamba-class shuttle."  Afyon said as he reached into his bag and pulled out a large sack. "Who is this shuttle registered to?"  The man at the desk inquired. "This shuttle is owned bu Enterprise corporation, a large mining operation.  I am currently using it to scout out many things for their corporation."  Afyon lied blatently as he stared into the man's eyes.  "I will probably be staying 5 days, do you want a deposit or the full amount now?"  He asked as he opened the satchel "A five thousand credit deposit will be fine for now."  The opreator replied as Afyon threw two bundles of bills on the table. "Thank you very much."  Afyon said as he turned and made for the door.  His part of the mission was now underway.  Now if he only knew what the hell was going on.
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
February 16, 2003 7:11:23 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Kiption looked over at Merrick. "What are you looking so happy about, Sergeant?" Merrick looked at him in mild surprise. "As if you don't know.. I get to kill people again! I've had a real job for the last 6 months." Kiption shook his head and laughed a little. "You are going to tell us what you were doing at some point, right?" Merrick grinned but didn't reply and Kip shook his head some more. It was then that Kuroishi radioed in that it was clear for them to head out. Merrick grinned some more, with more odd looks from Kip and the rest of the squad, and they headed deeper into rebel territory.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Jester Squad's chick with a sword
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
February 16, 2003 5:09:58 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]Just in case you missed the reference earlier, Raziel has a map and it is now posted.  Just up about like 5 posts and you can get to it.[/OOC]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 17, 2003 3:56:26 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"All right boss," said Argon as he and Kuroishi made it back into camp, "how are we supposed to get out of here?" "Well," said Raz, "I'm going to need you and Kuroishi to lay down a distraction for us.  Basically, set up here," he pointed to an enemy position just left of the one he had marked with a big red 'X', "and start sniping anyone who shows up in your sights.  With the enemy distracted here, we're going to slip by on the other side of the position.  We send you a signal when we're out, and then you guys get out." Kuroishi examined the map while Raz was talking and then took a look at the actual terrain. It was a heavily wooded terrain except for the spot where the enemy platoon had dug their way in.  That area had been cleard up to 100 meters on every side of their camp. He could see at least four good sniping spots just from the first look, and with the enemy distracted on that side, it shouldn't be too hard for the rest of the Wraiths to sneak through the woods on the other side.  Heck, not just sneak... "Hey Raz," Kuroishi said suddenly, "why don't you attack them from behind while Argon and I distract them.  There's not enough cover for them to defend from both sides, and I doubt they have even Stormtrooper training." "Yeah, I saw that too," said Raz, "but if we do that, we're overstepping our mission.  Remember, we're supposed to escalate the conflict, not open holes in the Rebel lines.  Getting back to base will be enough." "Oh yeah," said Kuroishi, "forgot for a second there." "Don't worry about it," said Raz, "everyone ready to go?" He got a chorus of groans as the Wraiths lifted themselves to their feet. "Good, then let's go."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Merrick
ComNet Member

February 23, 2003 6:40:37 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Kip looked across at Merrick. "You're still looking too damn happy." Merrick grinned some more. They were camped for the night, somewhere nice and deep in enemy territory. Tomorrow was a new day, possibly with even more people to kill. Stitch looked up. "So, do we get the story yet?" Merrick looked thoughtful. "I think it's still classed as classified. I'm not authorised to.." Kip snorted and Merrick looked at him. "As if that has ever stopped you doing something before." Merrick and a few of the others laughed, and Kip just kept his matter of fact expression. After a lengthy debate, Merrick told them the basics of what she had been doing for the 6 months she had been 'retired'. She neglected to mention WHY she had been under cover, because there were only 2 or 3 people in the whole VE that knew that. Kip seemed satisfied with the basics, though Stitch wasn't really, so Merrick went to get some sleep and heard the others follow suit a few minutes later.

-----------------------
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 23, 2003 5:40:49 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(sorry was kept from pc longer will write tomorrow)

-----------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Afyon
ComNet Member

February 24, 2003 5:55:15 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon got his reciept and quickly left the spaceport.  As soon as he got outside, he saw the smoke off in the distance.  The was was still going on and it appeared his side was losing.  Time to change this  he thought as he made his way down the street. After walking about two blocks he saw a pair of soldiers guarding a busy intersection.  They were both armed in full combat gear and had speederbikes.  Afyon quickly made his way to the intersection.  Afyon hid behind a cement road block and screwed the silencer onto his pistol.  He took careful aim and as soon as the traffic calmed he fired tow quick shots, one shot hit each soldier in the neck.  Afyon leaped over the road block and raced to the soldiers.  There he quickly put on one set of armor and grabbed all the equipment he could.  He then jumped onto one of the speeders and headed towards the battle.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 24, 2003 11:54:40 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
{OOC: Afyon, there's no way you could shoot two guards on a crowded intersection and steal their armor without someone noticing.  Sorry...}

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
February 25, 2003 11:23:47 AM    View the profile of Talon 
(OOC: Pigs fly? Hell is frozen over? A Fallen Angle just said something impossible isn't possible? )

-----------------------
OO/GN Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/KPX "Nightblades"/DC-2/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
CEO Sierra "Talon" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CE Vincent "Claw" Taurus/Endoven/Dome 8457/VEEC/VE
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 25, 2003 5:13:27 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: It is possible, just not the way he did it.  You figure out their best route to base, wait in an alley near there, drag them in and shoot them.  From there, no one sees you, and you don't have to worry about floods of people.  It's perfectly possible, you just need to use common sense  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Merrick
ComNet Member

February 25, 2003 9:30:05 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
[OOC: Common sense.. IE, not being a Fallen Angel.]

-----------------------
-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

February 26, 2003 5:12:52 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
(OOC: I never said no one saw me) Afyon raced out of the intersection and up the main road to where he saw the smoke of battle.  Suddenly, two bolts fired past him, barely missing his stolen bike.  "God dammit!"  Afyon exclaimed as he looked behind him and saw three armed speeders behind him.  Someone must have called in reinforcements very quickly.  Afyon thought to himself as he tried to accelerate. Another pair of bolts shot just under his bike, exploding an empty vehicle sitting outside a docking zone.  Afyon quickly pulled  up to avoid the truck that was also sitting there.  One of the speeders to pull up fast enough and slammed into the vehicle causing a massive fireball to erupt. Afyon managed to make it to the next corner without being hit by several more sets of shots, he raced into the intersection and at the last second, turned hard to the right disapperaing behind a large truck that was entering the intersection.  One bike tried to turn and follow him but slammed into the building on the corner while the other one got hit by the other bike's flying fuel tank and exploded mid air. Afyon sat back and settled comfortably on his bike, it was time to get to the battle.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 26, 2003 5:24:46 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: That sounds a lot better, and it makes for some pretty cool action sequences.  The way you had it sounded like you just went in, killed them, and got away with nothing happening.  BTW, Merrick, having the common sense to ask not to be put in Jester where most personality conflicts happen    I'm in Wraith for a reason    Anyways, I'll try to put up a post tomorrow  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Merrick
ComNet Member

February 26, 2003 7:35:05 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
[OOC: I was requested in Jester thanks, and I enjoy it more than my time in Wraith.]

-----------------------
-----------------------
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

February 26, 2003 9:00:41 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]Can we just get back to the story?  I swear I'm wondering why we still pay y'all.[/OOC]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 26, 2003 9:35:38 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: For our good looks?    Anyways, there's no way I'd get along in Jester, too many people who have problems with me    Anyways, that's the last I'll be doing this, just had to get out ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Afyon
ComNet Member

February 27, 2003 5:30:53 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
(OOC: Heres an idea, create a seperate thread for story discussion, it is ridiculous to see so many OOC posts in a row and yes I am being hypocritical by posting it here but what the hell.)
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 27, 2003 8:36:23 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon crouched in a bush on the Eastward side of the enemy encampment. Two meters above him and a few decimeters to his left sat Kuroishi. Both were armed with sniper rifles and standard issue blaster rifles. Across the encampment somewhere, Raz and the others were setting up to sneak past. All that was lacking was the signal. Drawing a deep breath, Argon picked a spot on the enemy sentry's left arm. It wasn't their goal to kill these men, killing didn't provide nearly the distraction that monstrous wounds did. Then, over the comm, he heard a double click. As a reflex, his finger lightly pressed the trigger. From above him, he heard the report of an identical action. Less than two hundred meters in front of him, his targets' left arm exploded in a shower of superheated flesh. Ten meters to the left of that, the leg of the other sentry suddenly developed a gaping wound on the right side of his left calf. Instantly, the rest of the camp was up, racing to find weapons and get behind cover. A single click in his comm informed Viper that the other Wraiths were moving. Picking a target from among those rushing around in the camp, Argon put one shot into the man's head. In a different part of the camp, Kuroishi did the same. ******* Five minutes later, Raz stood on top of a ledge overlooking the enemy camp from the other side. He and most of his men had made it past the enemy camp safely, there were only two left. His hand was poised over his comm button to deliver the double click symbol that all was clear when he spotted something. All around the position of his two snipers, the forest crawled with fast moving forms. At that point, he decided that radio silence was overated. "Argon, Kuroishi," he shouted, "get the hell out of there, they're surrounding you. ******* In his Tree, Kuroishi had noticed something was wrong, but not that seriously. "Argon," he whispered as a dropped from the tree, "I think our glorious leader has had a moment of inspiration." "I'm right behind you," whispered Argon. As they started running, they heard a noise from behind them. Looking for only a split second, they saw a tidal wave of human and alien forms flooding from the camp, knowing now that they had their tormentors on the run. "Sh*t," swore Kuroishi as he kept running. Realizing that he no longer heard footsteps behind him, he turned around to see Argon, massive Whiphid limbs flailing, dive headfirst into the sentient sea. "Go," roared Argon, "get out of here." "Sh*t some more," swore Kuroishi as he levelled three more shots into the crowd. But this seemed to do little more than anger them. "Kuroishi," came Raz's voice, "you can't do anything about it, get out so we can rescue him later." "I'm not leaving," shouted Kuroishi in return as he fired another shot into the group. While his view of Argon was slightly impeded now, two limp forms flying from the center of the crowd showed that Argon was still alive and kicking. Suddenly, he saw three blue flashes of stun bolts. "F*ck," he swore again, this time taking off into the forest. His last view beyond the raging tide that came after him was Argon throwing himself blindly at what looked like an officer as two more stun bolts intercepted him... [OOC: There, that ought to add some interest for Wraith Squaders.  I hope someone cares enough about me...  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 1, 2003 9:10:14 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon sped away from the scene of the bike crashes and made his way north again.  As soon as he was sure he was safe, he hopped off of the bike and took inventory of what he had.  He first secured the commando armor and looked inside the equipment bags that were stolen.  He found a silenced pistol, three grenade belts, a couple of explosives and detonators, a silenced semi-automatic blaster, a combat knife, and plenty of rations and water. Afyon secrued onto the bike and then opened the second bag, finding only a sniper rifle and some more food.  This he secured as well to the bike and took off again for the battle.
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

March 1, 2003 1:45:49 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    The air across Eriadu city was unusually calm. The air barely moved and a heavy mist had descended upon the city. Suddenly the mist flashed a bright yellow and a second later there was an enormous explosion, debris was scattered over a mile as a large structure crumbled to the ground. Green and red flashes were then reflected in the mist as rebel and imperial troops began to engage each other. Blast after blast rocked the city as Kraas started to test the rebel defences.     As the sun began to rise the mist dissipated, what was revealed was utter destruction. The packed urban landscape where the rebel line had been was just a flat area of grey. The fighting had died down now as the imperials regrouped. Immediately kraas’ men were analysing reports and pictures, as they tried to fully understand the rebel defences before they risked all their men.     “I need the report now!” Kraas shouted.     “Erm there seems to be some problem with the computer system, it’s just not coming through!” Kenrith said.     “Damnit, you there!” Kraas pointed to someone at a terminal. “Do something useful and run down to analysing and get me my report!” the man was on his feet instantly.     “Good idea sir. My men are all accounted for and ready to go” Kenrith said.     “You seem quite eager to get on with this Kenrith?”     “Well sir, we all want to see the end of this war.”     “Well of course we do Kenrith.” Kraas said. The Major fidgeted in his seat, something about Kraas today was disturbing him.     “I’d better go to my men before they go in…” Kenrith started.     “Oh no Major, I’d really rather keep you here for now, just in case things go wrong and I need your help.” He looked sideways on at Kenrith and raised an eyebrow. Kenrith began to sweat. ==========================================     Meanwhile in what had once been the city’s massive park the wraiths were moving swiftly through the forest towards the imperial lines.     Raziel had seen the explosions and heard the sounds of battle from the east and west. Everyone knew there wasn’t much time now to get back, if all was as it seemed to be they were walking into a trap. If only Jester would report on the rebel positions.     The wraiths arrived at the edge of the park. They emerged from the forest like ghosts, moving slowly and silently to what had once been a tall fence. Kuroishi came running from the forest, hardly stopping before trying to explain what had happened.     “Ok we just have to go on, I don’t want to risk more men going back across the rebel lines. But if you happened to disappear for a while kuroishi I won’t mind. Once we’re done with Kenrith we’re coming back for the both of you.”     Suddenly rebel troops started to emerge from the forest, before they got far a shell landed in the midst of them. Soon more and more shells were landing in the area.     “Looks like we’ve been spotted by the imperials!” Grizzly shouted     “Hope they recognised us,” Kuroishi said. He nodded once to all of them before running off.     “Looks like we’re just one warzone away from Kraas now,” Yun said.

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 12, 2003 12:19:37 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon raced down the road, towards the city outskirts.  Already here he could see burned out vehicles and twisted metal from a fight that had taken place just inside the city boundries.  Ahead he could see the forest blaze from a battle that had probably just ended.  He knew he had to be careful from here on out, it appeared that the Imperials had been driven into the city and there could be rebels anywhere. Afyon slowed down up ahead and pulled out a pair of binoculars.  He could see a recon group of three rebel light attack vehicles approaching this side of the city.  Afyon thought back to his days in the rebellion, those vehicles would only have a couple of people on board.  An easy job to take out one and capture it. Afyon raced towards the vehicles and began to look for a spot to park and hide.  Surprise was the key.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

March 12, 2003 4:26:42 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury sat in his temporary office onboard the Lancer frigate Vehement.  The ship had dropped out of hyperspace to go over some maintenance routines.  Most of the ships Imperial Center had produced of late had foregone much testing in the rush to get them out of the shipyards and into action.  The Vehement and its sister craft were basically on their shakedown tours. Checking his messages without a Holonet connection was a tedious process, especially without the added benefit of a large holoprojector.  Well, he had once been a trooper in the field and could compensate.  If anyone walked into the cabin he would likely have to shoot them for either insider trading or possessing state secrets seeing as he had flat projection models of both Imperial Center and Stormtrooper Corps information hovering in the air before him.  The reports from the various spy satellites and recon passes of Eriadu had come in.  Apparently the Scythe was still docked in one of Kraas' factory satellites.  Aside from standard exit and eggress from its crew no one had been on the craft.  A tripped code signal from one of his agents had verified the pick up and switch of the starfighter designs that he had been tasked to find.  He had not known the full details of that particular part of the mission, only that it had succeeded.  As for the ground troops, reinforcements in the form of Argon Viper and Afyon had been confirmed as both arriving and linking up with the Wraiths.  Unfortunately, authentication codes did not tell any more about the situation.  It had been weeks since all of these events and still no sign of the squads leaving the planet. Fury wrote up a long message to Tadath to get some ideas on available resources in the event of an intervention.  If the squads were incapable of getting themselves off of that rock, maybe some brute force tactics would have to do the job for them.

-----------------------
PRF/MG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

March 12, 2003 5:48:02 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon woke up in a room with one other occupant. Getting to his feet, he saw the other draw back for a second before regaining himself, a 2.5 meter tall whiphid can be quite imposing. Before he could charge the man, however, the other reached forward and tapped a force shield that stood between them. "Colonel Argon Viper," the man said slowly, "we meet at least." Argon looked at him in surprise, how did the man know his name? "Oh, don't be so surprised," the man said, beginning to pace, "the names of the Planetary Operations Division of the Intruder Wing are commonly known among Republic Intelligence.  Despite horrific losses, you made our conquest of Erebria much more difficult than we had expected.  And I see you've all fled to the Vast Empire now." "You destroyed the Intruder Wing," said Argon, rage rippling through his voice, he had once been a Colonel in command of an Imperial II Class Star Destroyer before the disasterous assault on Eriadu, "count your blessings that this shield is here." "Oh, believe me, I do," said the man, obviously an Intel agent, "I remember the stories of what Major Geist used to do to those he wanted revenge upon, and I have no intention of getting the experience from an enraged whiphid.  However, you may be interested to know that, upon learning of the presence of both you and General Daishi, the Republic has taken new interest in this system.  It will be taken, and you will be taken to Coruscant within the week for a full scale interrogation.  Just goes to show you that no one escapes justice for long." With that, the intel agent left, locking the door behind him, and the shield dissipated. Without any further ado, Argon took careful stock of what they had given him in his cell and got to work.   ----------------------- Argon Viper IW COL Argon Viper{ret} Fallen Angel and Proud of It! "History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn "In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous "Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited March 19, 2003 10:11:19 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 13, 2003 1:07:16 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
(OOC: Fury I havent linked up with the wraiths yet.  I am on the other side of the city right now observing a rebel recon patrol.  I will find my own way out eventually I think.) Afyon observed the recon force penetrate a few wrecked blocks on the outskirts of the city.  it was obvious that the battle was already over here and both sides and engaged elsewhere which seemed odd to Afyon as to why the rebels were coming here for another look.  Afyon picked up his binoculars again and his question was answered.  There were about 20 infantry carriers gliding in slowly towards this area.  It looked as though the rebels were going to try to take out the right flank of the Imperial lines that were defending the city. Afyon raced into the heavily damaged area and found himself an empty half collapsed warehouse to park in.  He opened the two bags of supplies the soldiers had and took out the sticks of explosives.  Afyon took the shirt he had been wearing and cut strips off of it to wrap the sticks together in 3 seperate crude looking bundles.  Then he ripped the radio out of the bike and attached the wires to the timing system that he had ripped out of his digital watch.  After about ten minutes, he had three crude but working timed bombs. He slowly but the bombs in the storage bin of the bike and crept slowly out of the warehouse, gun in hand, armor secured.  He needed to take out the three recon vehicles and try to distrupt the enemy as best he could before getting the hell out of there and finding the Wraiths.
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 14, 2003 12:22:25 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon drove out from the warehouse and crept down the road.  He turned the corner and tried to find a good look out post.  The vehicles had almost approached the first line of damaged buildings.  As he got a closer look, he noticed that each vehicle had a light cannon, and a small turret machine gun.  It appeared as though there were possibly 3-4 people onboard each of the light recon vehicles. Behind these, he could see at least 20 infantry carriers moving towards the area.  Afyon did a full 360 degrees scan and noticed instantly where the battle was going on.  The rebels were in a great position here to set up for an assault on the back of the imperial lines.  Damn if only I had a couple of men with me.  Afyon thought to himself as he gazed back at the recon vehicles. Afyon decided that he had to try and capture one of these and try to cause as much havoc as possible before fleeing to give this information to the imperials.  Maybe if he could find Wraith squad, they could set a trap.  Afyon hoped down from his observation post and crept back into the burned out warehouse.  There he grabbed two of his makeshift bombs, the silenced semi-automatic blaster and silenced pistol he had stolen, spare ammunition, a water flask, and the combat knife which he had taken from one of the dead soldiers.  He quickly left the area and made his way towards where the vehicles were entering.  Surprise was the key, the two vehicles he wanted to destroy had to explode at relatively the same time so as to distract the third enough for him to capture.
Afyon
ComNet Member

March 14, 2003 2:41:08 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon parted down another street and hid behind a pile of rubble.  The recon vehicles were now beginning a preliminary search for imperial forces.  Afyon figured that the infantry carriers would unload here and a more thorough search would be conducted later. The three vehicles had turned onto the street Afyon was looking down and were heading his way.  At every intersection they stopped and Afyon observed the machine gun turret turn in either direction looking for an enemy vehicle or a grenade launcher. Afyon knew he had to get away from this pile and move away from the end of the street.  He had to take the vehicles from behind, not from infront.  When the vehicles reached the next intersection, Afyon quickly darted from his spot and leaped over another pile of rubble, landing in what looked like a broken shed.  From there he quickly crawled behind rubble and debris towards the intersection the vehicles had just passed through.  He was only 50 mteres now from the vehicles who were slowly moving down the road. Afyon found himself a shielded area just a few meters from the road to crouch behind until the vehicles had passed.  He knew he had only one shot at this, when he tossed the bombs they had to hit the vehicle and stay on it.  He figured each of these bombs had the power to blow up a small armored vehicle and should do the trick. The first vehicle drove by his hiding spot and crept on forward.  When he heard the second one approach he grabbed one of his bombs and set the time for 45 seconds.  He set the second one for thirty seconds.  As the second vehicle rolled by, Afyon noticed the top hatch was open.  It had also been open on the first vehicle and yet he had been stupid enough not to notice.  Afyon counted to three, took a deep breath, and threw the bomb with all his might after activating the timer.  The crude bundle made it over the pile he was hiding behind, bounced off the machine gun turret, and rolled towards the opening of the hatch. Afyon crossed his fingers and prayed the people onboard had not heard the sound.  Maybe they would think it was just a piece of debris he hoped as the vehicle continued on its way.  The third vehicle now passed through the same spot.  Afyon again counted to three, took a deep breath, and threw the bomb towards the same spot he had thrown the other one.  Again he hit close to the hatch and rolled towards it. Afyon jumped from his hiding spot and raced to a larger pile of debris and laid down waiting for the blast.  Seconds felt like hours.  Then, suddenly Afyon felt like he had been punched by an iron fist and he blacked out.
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Eriadu  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:59:37 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 99  |  Bots - 3
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >