Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Ord Durall

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Ord Durall
Drogo
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  68
  RE: Mission: Ord Durall
February 4, 2003 4:17:29 PM    View the profile of Drogo 
    Rizzit entered the cave after his turn on watch was up. He left Otto at the door because it would be pointless to set a watch if the post was going to be abbandoned every time the guard was changed. He looked around at the squad. They were spread out around the cave sleeping just as he had ordered. All of them that is except for JR and Drogo who had the next watch. When the two men saw Rizzit enter they put on their helmets, checked their weapons, stood up, and crossed the room.     "Are you two ready?" asked Rizzit.     "Does it matter?" retorted Drogo.     "Don't you two fall asleep on me out there," commanded Rizzit, "I don't like waking up with a blaster in my face."     "Don't worry about it, Boss." JR assured Rizzit. "We'll be fine."     "Alright, go relieve Otto. He's at the front door. He will show you the best vantage point when you get there." said Rizzit.     The two troopers saluted and began to make their way to the front of the cave. It was really a nice cave, well suited for dwelling. The opening was somewhat hidden by rocks and led into a short tunnel. The tunnel was wide enough for two men to walk abreast and nearly high enough for a man to walk standing straight up. It was about eight meters long and did a good job of keeping out the elements, especially the wind which tended to spawn violent dust storms in the arid climate of Ord Durall. At the end of the tunnel the cave opened up into a large, rounded room with a high ceiling. There was a small shaft in the roof of the cave that appeared to go all the way through to the top of the hill the cave was set into. It would have been a perfect smoke vent for a fire if the raiders weren't afraid that smoke would give away their position.     The two troopers exited the cave to find Otto standing just to the left of the door. He was leaning foward on a rock peering over it's rim through his binoculars.  He seemed to take little notice of Drogo and JR, but he surely knew they were there. He was after all a Dark Jedi Knight.     "About time you two showed up." Otto said without turnign to face them.     "We came as soon as Rizzit got back." replied Drogo.     "I know." said Otto. "There's a small rock outcropping just up to the left of the cave. You can see everything from there and there's a little bit of rock for cover. You're here till midnight. Then you get Mara and TJ."     "Have their been any enemy movements?" JR questioned.     "No." replied Otto as he turned to face them. "I sense that they've decided to rest tonight as well."     The two troopers saluted and Otto saluted in turn. Otto made his way into the cave and Drogo and JR went up to the watch point. Otto made his way down the tunnel into the cave and plopped himself down next to Rizzit. He looked around the room and his gaze fell on the injured Jed who was sleeping on the other side of the cave next to Swomz.     "How is he holding up?" asked Otto.     "Fine for now, but he needs Bacta." replied Rizzit. "Plus he's going to slow us down a lot with that bum leg. Swomz isn't even sure if he will be able to walk in the morning."     "It's too bad we can't get a shuttle this far into enemy territory." commented Otto. "If he can't walk though, we should try and get him a ride. I for one don't feel like carrying someone into a firefight on my back."     "I'll contact Peacemaker and see if the Dragoons can spare some room for him in a tank." said Rizzit. "Jed will just have to be out of commission until we can get him back to base and fixed up properly." After a pause Rizzit continued. "We're moving out at 06:00 so we should probly try and get some rest, Otto."     "I guess you're right." Otto responded. With that the two leaders of Raider squad made themselves as comfortable as possible and took some rest for the coming day of action.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Drogo/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/
VE [LoR]
A.K.A PO1 TwinFury. Former Aegis(LustHawk) 3 and 5, Flight Leader Aegis flight 2, Astral Guard member, and MRR(Marine Recon and Rescue) Officer.
"Disarm you with a smile and leave you like they left me here, to wither in denial."
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
February 5, 2003 2:32:52 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Drogo walked into the cave looking for Mara and TJ, finding them both awake and getting their gear on Drogo Fills them in on the current status.. "JR is outside standing watch" Drogo said "nothing happened, havent heard a thing from the enemy, if we are lucky that will hold out the night so we can get some rest" TJ looked at Mara " you ready to start?  Cant wait to get this overwith and crawl back to sleep" Mara strapped her helmet onto her head "ready, lets go relieve JR" Mara and TJ walked outside ... "good to see you two... boy am I tired" JR said "See the rocks over there to the left, great view of the place... you can see everything, your shift is until 3... Swomz and Snipes are up after you.  Nothing has really happened, comm is silent... enemy seems like they are sleeping.. which is where I am heading now...." and with that JR walked back inside to sleep... as he walked in and looked around he saw everyone sleeping and Drogo just settling down and taking off his gear to sleep, Jed was sleeping soundly still.. didnt see any blood coming through his wound.. lucky too.. he didnt know where the doc kept the duct tape to patch him back up. Outside Mara and TJ stood watch and looked for any signs of the enemy... listened to comm and tried to keep alert, yeah Rizzit would be tough on them if they fell asleep.. but the enemy would be tougher... TJ looked over at something Mara was tinkering with "What is that Mara" TJ asked "Its my wrist comm" Mara replied "I was playing with it.. seeing if it could sense any comm signals that the enemy might be sending, just seeing if they are even awake, or if any activity is going on" "hmm.. pretty amazing what they strap to you comm techs anymore... you guys are part droid you have so much electronics on you" TJ said Mara Laughed, "yeah, we can communicate with droids with this .. downloading their data.. pretty cool stuff" "hmm... I guess" TJ looked skeptical, "I will stick to my blasters... those always worked for me" Mara smiled and went back to looking for comm signals... TJ watched for any movement or sign the enemy was out there only two and a half more hours Mara thought and it was so quiet out here...

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL MaraJade/SQD3/PLT3/COMP1/BAT1
Peacemaker
ComNet Sultan

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  224
Total Posts:  225
February 5, 2003 10:40:40 PM    View the profile of Peacemaker 
OOC: sighs, TK if you havent noticed it yet, we dont want to have a super hero in a story we want realistic storys, its nice to see you posting but try to be at least a bit realistic (as much as you can be in a SW Universe) more points: last time i checked, the DD got Tanks, i would say we use them and dont walk around and surrender to everyone! for the moment i simply ignore your post i suggest you change it. The Sun went down at Ord Durall a few Hours ago and it was actually darkest night. Peacemaker walked slowly trough the Camp they have build up quickly. Everything was unusual quiet at the moment. Only a few noices he could here from the Guards when they moved theyr position to stay awaken. Peacemaker moved quick from Guard to Guard to inform himself about the current Situation as DarkJedi raised his head out of his Tank "Peacemaker can you here me?" he asked silently after he reached the tank, Peacemaker climbed inside and asked DarkJedi what happend "I got just a call from the Raiders, one of them is badly hurt" "Who is it?" "jed, they are not sure yet. At the Moment he is fine, but he slows them down and you know how that could end" Peacemaker noded, till his Army time he saw it before, nobody would leave a wounded man, they would give him cover even when the enemy attacks, more then one squad got complettly killed cause this in the past "Riz asked if we have some spare Room for him in one of our Tanks till he can get transferd back into the Base" "To get him into a Tank would be the best, but the Problem is, how should we do it? We are still in enemy territory and its night." after Peacemaker thought about it for a moment he grapped a com and called the Raiders a few moments later he informed DarkJedi "Ok, we try it, inform the rest, we move complettly out and try to get to Riz Position" ........

-----------------------
Evil Clone from Warmaker
Nobody argue with you when you aim with an Heavy Blaster Riffle at him

Squad Leader from the Dark Dragoons

SL/SSG Peacemaker/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
February 9, 2003 6:14:12 PM    View the profile of TJ 
It had seemed to TJ like it had been hours since he and MaraJade had begun their watch, but in reality it had only been 45 minutes.  Each minute seemed to go by just as slow, if not slower as the one before it.  After he had settled into his spot and took a couple looks towards the horizon, TJ decided to take this time to meditate, keeping his senses tuned to any movement beyond their camp and attempted to reconnect with the force.  The time now crept along much quicker and before he knew it, half an hour had gone by and they were just less than halfway through their watch.  There still had not been any sign of any enemy movement, or any life whatsoever out there. It had just reached an hour and a half when TJ was shaken back to reality.  Apparently, MaraJade had just realized he had not moved in over an hour and seemed to be making sure he was still awake. "Teej, you awake?" Slowly, TJ fully regained his conciousness and gave a thumbs up. "Yeah I'm here. Was just meditating there for a little while. Doesn't seem like there's been anything happening out there has there?" He commented. "Nope, doesn't seem that there is. Never can be too careful though," MaraJade replied,"we're gonna have to keep our guard up...who knows when they could decide to move in." With that, TJ shifted again and leaned over a nearby boulder to take another look around. There wasn't a single living thing in sight as he prepared himself for the next half of the watch.   ----------------------- Trooper Colonel TJ TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE {CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC] "The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury      *Joined December, 1999*
[This message has been edited by TJ (edited February 9, 2003 6:14:41 PM)]
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
February 9, 2003 6:54:34 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
    Swomz woke with a start as his chrono beeped in his ear.  He glanced at it noticing it was five minutes until his and Snipe's time to take over.  He got up and pulled out a dose of painkiller. He snatched his blaster rifle and two pistols he had taken off dead enemy soldiers.     He also made sure to shove a vibroblade in his boot, no reason to get caught without at least a small fighting chance.  As he walked past Jed, he stabbed the painkiller’s needle deep into his thigh.  Jed grunted and opened his eyes.     “Bastard,” Jed said as his eyes glazed over and a delirious smile cam to his face.     “Yup,” Swomz said, “Say ‘hi’ to sleep for me.”     “Okay, daddy, good night,” Jed mumbled as he fell back asleep.     Swomz couldn’t help grinning as he woke Snipes and they proceeded out the arch-entrance of the cave.  He tapped Mara on the shoulder and she turned with a start.  TJ turned also, but with a hint of madness in his eyes, like he was looking for a fight.  Mara sighed tiredly and entered the cave without a word.  TJ laughed and followed Mara.     He moved to the ledge above the cave as Snipes took a little ditch to the side.  Swomz had been watching there for about a half an hour, when some Imperial Troopers came scrambling over the hill just off to the left.  Blaster fire pinged in their footsteps and Snipes called inside the cave.  Rizzit, Otto, and JR came out of the cave with their blaster rifles raised.     “Where are the others?” Swomz asked quickly as he aimed at the following enemies.     “We figured we could handle them,” Rizzit replied, “They need some sleep, they have only had a couple of hours tonight, so why not let them rest?”       Swomz nodded and they moved forward.  Snipes and Swomz spearheaded the group, Rizzit took one side, Otto the other, and JR played rear guard.  The troopers saw them and ran past them, jumping over an embankment for protection.  The enemy soldiers numbered only about ten, but they were heavily armed.  Snipes started giggling hysterically and Swomz glanced at him.  He had pulled out a proton grenade and threw it before Swomz could stop him.     “What a waste of a grenade,” Swomz said disgustedly.     “Boom,” Snipes said and then everything was white.  Swomz was blinded momentarily by the flash and then deafened by the loud bang.  He stood up when he could see and hear again.  There were still three left.  The regulars had stood up and were charging the enemy again with renewed strength.  Snipes shook his head and started shooting.  He took out the first, but the second and third rained a hail of bolts around his position.  He and Swomz ducked, but the regulars weren’t so lucky.  The first caught one square in the face and went down gurgling.  The next one foolish enough to run out of cover got hit and the leg and was crying for his mommy.     Swomz jumped up and sprayed some blaster bolts in the general direction of the enemy.  He spun the one to the right around with a blaster bolt to the thigh.  Rizzit pumped two more bolts into him before he hit the ground.  Otto had leapt out of his hiding placed and had cut the other down with his lightsaber, bloodlust in his eyes.  Swomz headed off to treat the wounded Private who had been second in the stupid charge.  The first, a Sergeant, wasn’t able to survive the wound he received.  When Swomz was done treating the wounded, he met up with the others.  The other two regulars were given a stretcher and their wounded companion.  Swomz pumped the wounded full of medication.  Otto and JR led them off into the night to see if they couldn’t rendezvous with their platoon.  Swomz sighed and turned to get back to guard duty.  He had another hour or so before daybreak.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Swomz
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1]
"Wow, that was a damn big explosion." -Swomz
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
February 9, 2003 8:43:09 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Otto and JR returned just as the sun was rising. When they returned, Otto had found Swomz and Snipes right outside the door to the cave bored as can be. It was the end of the shift, so the four went inside and woke the rest of the squad up. Now, waking up the RAIDERS was no easy task. It was like waking up some hybernating bears a month early. When everyone finally woke up, Rizzit was ready to move out. "I hope you all are well-rested. We need to move out!" Rizzit said. "Grab your gear, we're leaving this place. Corporal Swomz: you and Private Drogo carry Jed. The rest of you, carry on as usual." "Understood sir." the two said as they grabbed the stretcher. Once they had the stretcher, the squad went one by one out of the cave with Rizzit being the last one to leave. Once everyone left the cave, Rizzit went outside and attempted to roll the boulder back into place. Rizzit called for Otto and TJ to assist him. With the three pushing that boulder, it slowly began to roll. Eventually, the boulder was rolled right in front of the small hole that made a cave. "Rizz, why did you need to move that damned boulder back? It's not like we're hiding in there anymore?" questioned Otto. "Very simple my friend. You see, I don't want any of those troopers coming to the cave, and realizing that we were here." "What makes you think they will come back?" asked TJ. "No reason. I'm just taking a precaution. Beside's if we cover the hole, there appears to be no cave nearby is there. Let's get moving." As ordered, the squad assembled and headed off towards the west. Apparently, there were leads that the ambassador might be in that general area. Hopefully, Peacemaker would get back to Rizzit soon. Jed needed to be kept somewhere so he could heal. With Peacemaker's tanks such a convenient place to keep him, it seemed like the best idea at the time. However, that would mean that Jed would have no medic unless the Dark Dragoons had a medic droid. The stretcher was just slowing the squad down, and it was more than likely going to be leading them into trouble...

-----------------------
Platoon Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1]
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Kjerri
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  115
February 11, 2003 8:50:40 AM    View the profile of Kjerri 
Kjerri stumbled into TK-112's tank, banging his head sharply on the corner of the hatch. TK looked upwards, chuckled slightly as the trooper finally managed to get inside. It was then Kjerri stumbled to the rear of the cramp compartment, and strapped himself in. TK completed his climb into the tank and gave KJ a chuckling smile; his teeth all shoved in other directions, breath smelling quiet bad. “First time in an s2?” TK said, switching the power levels of the vehicle for the compartment. Kjerri nodded, and looked at the large canisters all around him, the main weapon backfire inches from his head while the loading compartment loaded with ammunition was directly in front of him by only two feet. “Ok here is what you do,” TK said, motioning to the weapons array. “This thing here is the boom.” Kjerri looked puzzled. Sighing, TK pointed to the big yellow painted mechanical tube inches from Kjerri’s head. “Ok that is where you load the ammunition” he said, and then tapped at it slightly. “This thing here unlocks automatically when firing is initiated, then the thing-min-abob smashes forward. You move quickly to the back wall as soon as the order “ORR” is yelled. If not your smashed into that back wall with one an inch of space.” He gave another one of his famous smiles as he smashed his hand into the tube to further reinforce the point. “You’ll be crushed to death, outcome is very painful as I hear it.” Kjerri gulped slightly but nodded. He was to load the ammunition into the barrel, commander says “or”, he jumps out of the way as the barrel fires and jumped backward, then moves forward, unlocks, he loads and repeats operation over and over until cease fire. Seemed easy enough. “Good, good, I see your thinking” said TK and rubbed the troopers head before placing his helmet on and climbed out of the rear compartment so he could get into the front drivers position. Kjerri sighed, pulled at his picture of his family where his wife and young son stood next to him at their home on Corellia. Another soldier entered the tank, then a third and took their stations. Kjerri simply looked at the picture as the tank roared to life. One of the other soldiers motioned to him to put on his helmet but he failed to respond, he simply stared the picture. “Trooper!” said the gunnery sergeant, then took the picture from him and threw it to the ground, stepping on it with his muddy boot. Kjerri didn’t look up at the sergeant; he just put his helmet on and leaned against the wall, starring towards the floor.

-----------------------
TRP/LC Kjerri/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day...tomorrow isn't looking good either."
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
February 12, 2003 9:20:18 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
The Raiders continued on westward, determined to find more information on the ambassador. They'd been walking for a few cliches, changing shifts at carrying Jed's stretcher. Otto and TJ had only needed themselves when their times came, due to lifting it using the Force, which gave the others more of a rest. They had walked one more mile when a Rizzit's comm crackled   *static* "zzit, this is Peacemaker, repeat: Come in Rizzit, this is Peacemaker"     "Rizzit here," he said into the comm "good to finally hear from you."       "Good to be heard from. Where are you?"       "We're heading west from our last position, right now we're about 3 cliches east-southeast of point Gamma, deep in enemy territory. We've got an injury, Jed's leg is pretty banged up."   "What do you need?"         "Meet us at out current position and keep a space open for Jed in one of your tanks, he's slowing us down on his stretcher."     "Ok, we'll be there by 14 hundred"         "See you then." Rizzit clicked off the comm and looked at his chrono, it was only 11 hundered. "Alright," he said to his troops "set up a defense perimiter, we're waiting her for the DD, we're going to be here a few hours." They were indeed going to be there for a few hours,  and they needed to be prepared fro any enemy attacks, and it was broad day light out, not a good time to be sitting in one place.

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Executive Officer - Raiders Squad
XO/TRP/CE/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEEC/VE(LM)(ES)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Krath/Lion 1-4/VEDJ
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force.-Otto Vox
Fear, fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, fear is my ally.-Darth Maul
Kjerri
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

February 13, 2003 10:36:27 AM    View the profile of Kjerri 
OCC: Not sure if part of this make sense, I wrote it in three parts then combined them since I'm sitting here bored as heck in a campus lab :P “You have 10 minutes, that’s all” came a voice over the radio. TK-112 sounded angry at whatever conversation was occurring, but the troopers could not hear the conversation well in the rear compartment of the cramped tank. Only every other word, and those words Kjerri really didn’t want to here. Scan crews were scouting the border and believe the enemy is waiting for them. “Ok so what is the best they can do? I’m armed to the teeth with…” said TK, but the static voice on the other side cut off his conversation. “I said 10 minutes trooper” came the voice; “If you cross the mark over that time it will be too late. They would have advanced and you will just become another easy target.” “Easy target, I could…” “I don’t care what you believe you can do. I have a crew of five stationed on that vehicle, as well as crews in the other two tanks following your position. If you mess this one up…” “I understand sir.” Said TK as he flickered the controls, violently shaking the tank. The gunnery crew with Kjerri seemed well experienced with the maneuvers, hardly budging from their position. Kjerri on the other hand, felt he would loose his lunch, and that would not be a pretty sight wearing a helmet. The static over the radio cleared for a few seconds, a high frequency sound played loudly as a new voice came on. Peacemaker radioed in, his voice crisp and clear, “TK, do what the commander says. I want no slip ups this time, understood?” “TK smacked his hand down on the side of his chair and nodded. “It will be done sir, don’t worry.” “Good. Omicron out” TK seemed to sigh over the comm set, which all the other troopers could hear clearly this time. The tank violently shoved to the left and right, rippling the panels on its sides and shaking the equipment in all directions. Outside dusty spun from its treads as it geared itself over a sandy hill. Several meters in front of it barb wire, logs and other debris were scattered all over the sand. Burnt out hulks of other such tanks lay waste in the debris, sand flowing over them in the wind. In a roar of the engine, the tank rushed forward, breaking through the debris and shoving the pieces all over the place. Dust and dirt shot everywhere, TK seemed blinded by the clouds but his special headgear allowed him to see clearly, which was a relief to the gun crews who were putting their lives in his hands. In seconds, the tank rushed past the debris field, through the barbwire mess and into the sandy hillside where it slowed down drastically. “Right here is a good spot” TK over his comm. set, “Lets get this thing covered and see what we’re up against.” The gunnery crew looked at each other, then to the tank commander who nodded his approval. “Lets head out, unlock the top hatch TK”. * * * After several minutes the entire tank team waited in the sand, minus two crewmembers who were keeping in communication range with the military. One of these troopers popped his head out of the hatch. “Commander, we can’t seem to radio in our position to command.” “That’s odd,” said the bull faced tank commander. He looked towards TK. “You, get the damn thing working for these guys. I want the coordinates.” TK-112 smirked slightly, although you could not see his expression through his helmet. He walked over towards the tank as the crewmen began to climb higher up the hatch. It was then they heard a sound. Whirling winds of dust and smoke to the north. The tank commander grabbed his binoculars hesitantly, looking to the north side of the hill. “We got enemy movement! Cover the vehicle! I repeat cover the vehicle!” he yelled to the crew, who were scrabbling everywhere to cover the tank with thermal desert camouflaged blankets. Kjerri fell into the sand, scrambling to get the blanket over the tank’s surface, another trooper taking the slag and helping Kjerri to his feet in the process. In about a minute’s time, the entire tank was covered in the blankets and the crews dropped into the sand at its sides, allowing the natural barrier of the sand to cover their armor. The commander kept his position on the hill, although he was not ducked low out of sight. He twisted at the knobs on the sides of the binoculars, his eyes preying the battlefield. In the north sector, a burst of dust shot up as a tank burst through a sandy hill and into the debris field. A second vehicle burst through the field, then a third, a forth, and finally a fifth to the west. All seemed to be heading to one position, then stopped shortly in front of the blanket cover his tank crew had just created. The second and third tank’s top hatches loosened and several soldiers appeared, climbing down their tanks and into the rubble outside. All seemed to be poking their riffles into the debris, the sands and the bodies that lay waste in the debris field. It was then the commander noticed a flash of light from the south. The other two tanks with his team had separated from the group and moved far out of position. A shell casing shot from one vehicle, plunging into the side of the third enemy tank. The crew flew everywhere as the first and second tanks twisted their turrets to intercept the attack. Both fired, smashing into first allied tank, detonating it on impact and spreading debris and fire all over its partner. The other tank moved from the debris, turret casting a secondary shell that missed the enemy tanks by inches. “Darius, what the h*ll are you doing?” yelled the tank commander through his radio, but it was too late. The last allied tank burst into flames as the enemy tanks regrouped as their accompanying solders rushed to the new debris to see what they could find. TK shimmied along the sand to the commander’s position, “If we hit them now, we should surely be able to destroy a good number of them” The commander disagreed, his head partially buried in the sand while he thought. “Get you and your men clear,” said the commander, “I’m moving higher up the hill, don’t try to follow.” TK shimmied back to his original position and went back to thinking as well, hoping he would see some combat from this experience. The commander slid his riffle from its location along his back, shifted it through the sand so as not to cause a distraction, and slid it to a position in front of him. He loosened on of the snaps on the pouch on his belt, gripping a small cylinder like object and attached it to the front of the weapon. He pressed it close to his helmet, his fingers gripping the device with care and precision. Through the scope he could see the enemy solder advance on the burning hulks of the tanks and a few surviving soldiers being pressed against its exterior, the enemy demanding them for information. He aimed towards the nearest of the three allied soldiers, pressing the trigger ever so slowly, the end result showing on his scope. The soldiers looked up towards the hill, the officer pointing to its position before he too fell to the tank commander’s line of sight. TK stumbled towards his tank, motioning for Kjerri and several others to come with him. Kjerri looked up to the hill where their commander was located, and back to each other, all wondering what was going to happen. With the hatch opened, TK jumped inside, falling several meters instead of clambering down the provided ladder. The others were a bit more careful, but tried to be just as fast. The last trooper through the hatch downwards, closing it tightly and fled to his position in the gunnery department. TK through himself into his driver’s compartment, locking the driver’s hatch, while he powered up the tank. The soldiers in the debris field didn’t seem to notice the sand covered vehicle as it shock slightly from its powering up engines. All of a sudden the tank burst from its position, the turret coming into alignment while it through the sand and blankets off its armored shell. “Open fire open fire” yelled one of the soldiers, all firing their riffles towards the tanks position while others tried to get into the three idled tanks. The last tank, which to this point has never stopped it patrol, fired a shell towards their position but missed completely, striking one of its own idled tanks. Debris and bodies flew from the burning hulk as the tank dodged the blast. Kjerri gripped the handlebars safe inside the gunnery compartment, his eyes focusing on the exposed weapon canisters just inches from him. The shooting from riffles seemed to pick at the armor; slight pings along their tank’s shell were heard from everyone inside. TK sweated nervously from his position, trying to get the tank out of the debris field and out of range from enemy fire. From on top of the hillside, the old tank commander smiled. He had halted his sniper firing once the rush began, throwing his sniper riffle to the side of the hill. He now slid the standard pistol from the pouch on the other side of his armor, gripping the weapon before standing. He fired towards the soldiers, striking one in the chest and another in the shoulder before the entire group turned to the hill. The commander shook, a shot fired hitting him in the leg, another in his right temple, causing him to become off balance and tip from his position, falling down the sandy hill and into the debris field. The soldiers moved quickly to his position, but stopped after looking at the result. He was dead. Now out view from the patrols, the lone tank smashed through the sand banks and across the dusty dunes on through enemy territory, dust scattering in its wake. TK seemed to breath a breath of relief when he saw the scanners picking up no signs of pursuers. Somehow his simple sigh into his comm. set brought out a sudden calm over the gun crews who could see or hear nothing from the outside. “Not so fast” said a trooper, “that was just the border, we still got miles to travel” Kjerri looked down towards the floor oblivious to the comment, peeling his picture from the dirt and dust and brushed at it with his armored glove. He took a deep breath, exhaling slowly and smiled. Maybe he would see them again after all. [edit] After posting, you start noticing that autospell checks are not a good thing [/edit]   ----------------------- TRP/LC Kjerri/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] "I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day...tomorrow isn't looking good either."
[This message has been edited by Kjerri (edited February 14, 2003 7:01:13 AM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
February 13, 2003 10:09:32 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
The Raiders began making preparations for any type of situation they could encounter.  Rizzit posted four lookouts to keep an eye for any sign of trouble.  Jed was the only one not doing anything.  He looked over at Mara, who was having a hard time setting up a small protable communications system. "Hey Mara," Jed called, "Need a hand with that?" She looked up, and walked over. "What was that?" she queried. "I said 'need a hand with that.'" "Well yeah, but Swomz says you're not supposed to be doing anything..." "Oh I don't give a crap what Swomz says." Jed grinned. "Just drag me over." After being dragged over he helped her set it up.  Suddenly Swomz came running up. "We have sighted enemy units about .6 clicks away from here!" he exclaimed.  "Rizz wants you back with him." he said to Mara.  She jumped up. "I'll stay with this." Jed indicated toward the mini tower they had just  erected. "Gotcha." Mara ran back toward Rizzit. Swomz looked  Jed over quickly.  "Here Jed, take this if you need it..." Swomz extended his hand, a needle in it. "Whew at least you didn't randomly jam that thing into me." Jed grinned.  "Thanks, I'll be sure to use it if I need it." Swomz nodded, then ran back to join the others.   ----------------------- TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Rank: Seargant Squad: Raiders "Faithful to the end..." Joined: March 28, 2002 Age: 15
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited February 13, 2003 10:11:58 PM)]
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

February 14, 2003 12:08:54 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
[OOC] The first person that can tell me where there is a dangling modifier in this story gets 3 E-11 Blaster Rifles.  Also, I think this was badly written, if you agree, let me know and I will rewrite it with the same plot.  It is kinda late, so I am tired and don't know what I am doing.[/OOC]     Swomz ran up to Rizzit with Mara following close on his heels.  Rizzit was checking out the terrain and enemy through his macrobinoculars.  Swomz nose dived next to him just as Rizit turned to look at him.  Mara walked up behind them and took a seat on a rock.     "Swomz, you are the biggest melodramatic I have ever met," Rizzit said, shaking his head.  "We have enemy troopers coming in over that ridge, closing slowly.  What I want you and mara to do is, see that cave below us?  Take a a grenade launcher, a sniper rifle, along with your other weapons.  We will attack the main force from here.  The obvious thing for them to do would be to flank us, so you will catch them off-guard.     "Yessir, glad to oblige," Swomz said.  he rolled onto his stomach and started crawling towards the cave.  Mara sighed, stood up, and followed Swomz shaking her head.  They had gone about half the distance when a grenade rocked the ground beneath them.  "Melodramatic my ass.  Mara, hurry up.  We don't have all day."     Mara was staring out with an expression of awe on her face, "Swomz, are you seeing what I am seeing?"  Swomz looked where she pointed and his jaw dropped.  On the horizon came crashing two AT-STs, most likely confiscated from an overrun Imperial encampment.  Swomz grabbed Mara and they hustled down to the well protected and hard-to-see cave.  They got in and waited for a clear line with the rocket launcher for the first AT-ST.  They had propped up the launcher and were prepared to fire at .5 klicks away, when five consecutive blaster shots flew past overhead.  The right leg of the forward AT-ST became a molten mess as it tumbled to the ground.  A rocking explosion followed.     "Dark Jedi," Swomz muttered.     "What?" Mara asked.     "That was TJ, showing off his force talent.  I don't think many other people can hit that kind of a shot with a regular E-11.  Unless you have some talents we don't know about."     "Oh," said Mara, a little shaken.  "What now?"     "Well, I guess we wait until that other AT-ST and the infantry arrive, unless TJ feels like showing off some magic again," Swomz said sarcastically.  He settled in and awaited the inevitable battle that lay ahead.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Swomz
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1]
"Wow, that was a damn big explosion." -Swomz
Kjerri
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

February 14, 2003 7:45:05 AM    View the profile of Kjerri 
It was definitely a long night, and Kjerri was in no mood for fun and games, he just wanted to rest, and rest he did. Curled up on a tarp amidst the dust and rocks, Kjerri dozed off beside the idle tank while the rest of the crew poked at a blazing fire. TK seemed more at attention then the others, his arms draped over his riffle in a death grip and sitting on top of a rock. “Ha-ha, nothing will separate you from that gun huh?” laughed one of the troopers, seemly intoxicated from his illegal stash of liquor in his canteen. TK grabbed his canteen from the drunken trooper, holding it high as the trooper tried to reach. “Hey now, hand that back here now, come on now, here now” TK looked at the trooper, moved it sharply away from the trooper, and tipped it over, pouring the liquid into the course sand. The trooper violent jumped for TK, knocking him off balance, but other trooper shoved him off to keep the peace. TK brushed himself off, and sat back on the rock. Kjerri awoke with a jolt as the drunken trooper was thrown down to the tarmac. “Hey now, what’s the big deal?” shouted Kjerri, standing up quickly and moving to the rock face nearby, setting up a new camp for himself. “Can’t a guy get any peace around here?” The drunken soldier laughed, the other unidentified soldier smiled and poked the fire. TK didn’t move, didn’t show emotion. He just sat holding his riffle and glimpsing out into the great beyond. “Out there is the enemy” he seemed to say quietly, causing the other troopers to quiet down and look at each other. “You don’t know what its like in combat” he stated, then looked to Kjerri. “War is vicious. People die. Our commander just died. We can easily be next.” The drunken trooper started to laugh again, banging around his empty canteen, “Ya ya, well anyways I want some sleep”. And almost instantly, the trooper was out cold, completely silent. The remaining trooper stopped poking at the dying fire and turned to his sleeping bag and Kjerri did the same. TK simply stared out into the wilderness, not moving a muscle. Kjerri sighed, then curled up and went to sleep. * * * Kjerri couldn’t sleep, something inside him was churning; perhaps the mixture of powder and dry food was getting to him. He rolled out of his sleeping bag, drinking a bit from his canteen when he noticed TK sitting on the rock, the same position he was in before he attempted to sleep. Rousing slowly, he turned to TK and made his way to the rock mass, drinking from his canteen the whole way. “That doesn’t contain liquor now does it?” Kjerri heard from the darkness, TK motioning his hand for the canteen. He handed it over, and TK took a swig, breathing heavily while drinking the cold liquid. It had been ages since he had a good drink, and today Kjerri almost thought of TK as human. Suddenly they could hear loud shouting all around their position. TK looked around sharply as Kjerri grabbed his riffle. “Don’t move!” yelled a voice; “Hands up” said another. TK dropped his weapon, motioning for Kjerri to do the same. “Anyone with you?” came a voice from behind but the two didn’t respond. “Well then,” another added, shoving TK’s hands behind his back and into a clamp, behind his head, “Then its time you come with us’ “Rebel scum!” yelled the previously drunken trooper, grabbing his riffle next to his sleeping bag and firing a direct shot into one of the scouting party soldiers. TK tried to get free from his bonds, but instead fell into the sand and shimmied to the side of the tank for cover. The other trooper awoke from his sleep, but was jabbed hard in the chest with the virbo blade at the tip of an enemies riffle, causing him to fall back into his sleeping bag. Kjerri gulped, fired a shot and ducked behind the rock he was sitting on, and shimmied to TK to help with the bonds. The drunken soldier whipped out his other pistol, firing both the riffle in one hand and the pistol in the other, striking another member of the scouting party. A soldier jumped to the side of the covered tank, TK gripping him with his bindings and smashing his head into the wall of the tank. Kjerri fired a shot and the bleeding soldier fell to the ground in front of them. It was then TK managed to get loose of his bonds, getting into the tank and helping Kjerri do the same. The remaining trooper fired into the party, surprising accurate for the amount of liquor he had absorbed. “Come on!” yelled Kjerri from the hatch of the tank, “lets go, lets go” The soldier clamored towards the moving tank, running up beside it firing into the sands and rocks all around. He took a stop up the ladder, gripping the handlebars and held himself firm. Kjerri reached out his hand as the trooper did the same. As he was helped up, a bolt from darkness penetrated the trooper’s armor, striking him in the leg. He fell from the tank and into the sand. Kjerri cried out for TK to turn around but got no response. He only watched, as the trooper was jabbed repeatedly with their weapons. Another bolt came out of the darkness, shot straight through Kjerri’s shoulder, making him fall from the hatch to grip his arm in pain on the tank floor, the hatch falling over. “We need… to go after them” Kjerri managed to say through his grimacing. TK didn’t reply, just drove the tank on as shots bounced off the tank’s armor. When he was able to stand, Kjerri made his way to the seating, strapped himself in and fumbled to the med kit, releasing several bandages and chemical sprays. In seconds he could feel a ripple of pain overcoming his body and he fell over. Images flushed through his vision and then... nothing. [OOC: Ok thats the best I can do at 5 am :P [/OOC]
[This message has been edited by Kjerri (edited February 14, 2003 7:48:44 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 14, 2003 9:42:34 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
While Swomz and Mara took care of things in the camoflagued cave, the rest of the squad was doing the best they can to try to control the enemy. Rizzit kept a lookout for troops, then from time to time, when he felt it safe: he would go check on Jed. Jed wanted to get back on with his duties, but Rizzit knew it was best for him to stay put for now. While Rizzit was with Jed, his comlink went off. "...zzit this is..aceMaker. We can't get to you. Can you have some troopers bring him to us. We are a few miles due north of your current position." "Affirmative. I'll send two troopers along with Jed to you. Can I ask you to stay where you are?" "Roger that. We won't be going anywhere for some time. We are surrounded by enemies, and could use some help. Drill is supposed to be arriving soon. Have your troops be careful of enemy fire." "We can take a little heat. For Jed's sake though, I can only hope they don't run into too much trouble. Expect my troopers shortly. This is Rizzit out." Rizzit said as he turned off the comlink. Rizzit then turned to Jed. "Jed, you're going for a little ride. We're transferring you to a tank where it will be safer for you. Enemy fire is massive in this area, we will come get you to get a lift back to base. TJ and JR will accompany you." "But Rizz-" Jed started as Rizzit interrupted him. "You know it's for you're own good Jed. You're a great trooper and you're very skilled, but we can't risk losing you. Here, take this." Rizzit said as he tossed him something "What's this?" "It's a med pack. It also has some food rations in there. The food helps you heal, but it tastes like Bantha Fodder." "Thanks....i think." "Don't worry about it. I'll go get TJ and JR." Rizzit went to the south portion of their post where TJ had been located. Rizzit noticed that the enemies were closing in. There was no time to waste, Rizzit had to get the three out now. "TJ, there is no time to explain. You and JR must take Jed due north until you can find the Dark Dragoons. Once you deliver Jed and get him safely in a tank, you and JR must return here at once. Then proceed west if we are not here. As soon as we clear out the enemy forces, we're headed west. A while back I heard Jed talking about a warehouse of some sort off there. We're going to try to find it. It's my opinion that is the place we are looking for. They must be keeping the ambassador there, if he is still alive. I'm sure we can get some kind of information there at the very least. Anyways, good luck and may the force be with you." "Thanks Rizz. I'll go get JR. We'll be out of here soon." said TJ as he left his post. Rizzit got out his stormtrooper backpack, he took out some sequencer charges and carefully placed them on the ground, as not to set any off. Rizzit placed them all around the area where TJ was gaurding. This way, the enemies would cause an explosion as they got near, letting the squad know when the enemies were near. Rizzit went to go check on the other sides of the post. As Rizzit got back to the main part of the post, Drogo was there looking for him. "Rizzit, we got enemy troopers invading from the west." he said. "Go get Snipes, and Otto. We need to keep them at bay until TJ and JR get out of here with Jed." "Roger that sir." said Drogo as he ran off. Rizzit took out his MRB-10 repeating rifle. He went charging at the troops taking out one per shot. Granted, one shot fired many bullets, still it was only one shot. Suprisingly, these troopers did not seem as skilled as the other troopers they had previously encountered. It was strange that this bunch would get sent to invade the base, instead of the professionals. It was not the kind of thing to worry about at the time, the main concern was getting the three refuges out of the base while the others provided cover fire. This was not going to be easy.

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 15, 2003 12:08:39 AM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed groaned on his stretcher, not out of physical pain, but the fact that he was helpless to do anything.  TJ and JR were busy preparing themselves for the mission.  Laser fire was heard as Rizzit and the rest of the Raiders tried to keep the incoming enemies away from the small "base" the Raiders had set up.  TJ and JR finally came over and picked him up, and started off North.  Lasers flew by them, but they refrained from returning fire, trying to keep their location a secret.  Suddenly, it was silent...the trio didn't have time to ponder that, as they moved steathly away from the small skirmish that had ensued back with the other Raiders.  Keeping noise to a minimum, the three continued on, untill they came along a small path in between two cliffs, with defenite signs that a decent group of people had recently made their way through here.  It was decided that JR would climb up one of the cliffs, and check to see if the coast was clear.  Jed found this an opportunity to rest, for he was always on the alert when they were traveling, because he was the only one that was empty handed...JR and TJ both had to carry him.  JR came back within 5 minutes and nodded that they should continue moving.  They made their was carefully through.  As the path widened, they slowed down a bit, showing external signs of wearyness.  TJ and JR sat down to rest, and Jed checked his dual DeathHammers for the hundredth time.  Jed didn't even see what happened next, but TJ suddenly jumped up and delfected a shot that could have beans Jed's death.  JR whirled around and fired a volley of shots in the direction of the lasers.  Suddenly the whole path erupted in a huge hall of blaster bolts.  Jed rolled behind a boulder, wincing with pain as he rolled over his leg.  He pulled out his two guns and fired into the incoming hail of lasers.  JR and Tj had also taken cover, but it didn't look good for them...with their enemy unknown, they didn't know what to expect next... [OOC:] um, I don't remember if TJ has a saber, but I know he's a DJ, and the end "..." doesn't mean you have to start off by finishing the sentence...hope this is ok [/OOC]

-----------------------
TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Squad: Raiders "Faithful to the end..."
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

February 18, 2003 2:30:10 PM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ dove behind an outcrop of rocks, and winced as his knee struck against it.  Recovering quickly, he slip up next to the rock and was now, for the moment, out of the enemy's sights.  This gave TJ a moment to analyze the situation, somewhere off to his left he could sense JR anxiously hiding behind another rock and to his right he could see Jed lying on the ground behind a boulder, in much pain. Risking a glance around one of the rocks, TJ saw more than a squad's worth of troopers stationing themselves behind the rocks about ten metres away. Apparently, a couple of them did not expect any retaliation just yet and were quite exposed. TJ took this oppurtunity to take three quick shots, dropping three of the troopers to the ground. Barely pulling himself back in time, TJ felt the heat of a blaster bolt graze the shoulder of his equipment. Blaster fire rained around him as the other troopers returned fire. This wasn't starting out too well.

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

February 19, 2003 1:06:48 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara watched the activity from inside the safety of the cave,  the AT-ST or the remains of what used to be one, sat there smoldering, the second AT-ST and infantry were coming into view,  the soldiers ran about and attempted to locate the position of the enemy that shot down their first AT-ST.  "Almost within range Mara, if I can get a clear shot I will go for the AT-ST" Swomz whispered  "Be ready for all hell to break loose" Mara looked through the scope on the sniper rifle... "We are supposed to take these guys out ourselves?" Mara asked, "there looks to be the second AT-ST coming up... I see four soldiers to the far side of that, maybe more hard to see clearly... and at least 8 following... once again, that we can see, who knows who else is coming up behind them, we have the sniper rifle, and launcher for long distance... we need to be careful with the blasters, running low on ammo for them." Swomz sighed, pulled out his blade.... "Well Mara... lets do what we were trained to, and go down with glory" "heh... well Swomz, if there is another way to eliminate them and go back alive, I am all for that too" Just then Mara looked back through the sniper rifle "Swomz... ready?  AT-ST coming into position... NOW!" Swomz fired the launcher hitting the AT-ST high on the right leg, crippling it, sending it crashing down killing two soldiers in the process "Nice shot Swomz" Mara said while taking out a soldier within range... "I think they are on to our position though" Mara whispered as one of the soldiers scanned  the area close to their location then waved several other soldiers over towards the area. Swomz smiled... "Here we go Mara, have a blade???  might need to use it" Mara looked out.... not needing the scope to see anymore she grabbed her blaster felt for her blade and got prepared... looked like they would have about 4 soldiers on top of them any min.  They would be fairly easy she hoped, it was the noise they would create that would bring the other who knows how many soldiers to their position that worried her...

-----------------------
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 23, 2003 7:51:24 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Things weren't going good for getting Jed to the Dark Dragoons. TJ and JR ran into enemy fire, Jed helplessly shot at whatever trooper he could, and the DarkDragoons were pinned down; preventing them from getting to the RAIDERS. JR gazed ahead down the path they needed to take as he fired at the troopers. JR did a double-take. "Teej!, I can see Shadow."he exclaimed. "You sure?" "Yea. He used to be in our squad, I would know him anywhere. It looks like he's.....signaling to us. I think we should get there!" "Yea, but how are we going to get there?" Teej asked. JR was silent for a moment, but then slowly began to speak. "TJ, it's time for us to split paths..." Without needing a time to think, TJ immediately answered him: "NO! You can't! You'll be no match for them." "I know. But this is our only way. You can levitate Jed with the force and go to Shadow. He's just north of here. I'll deal with these troops. You try to get back here in time, but if I don't last: I want you to know you're my brother, and I will always treasure the time we spent together. This is what they call destiny. Jed needs to get to that tank, and you are the only one that can get him there. If we both go, and perish we'll be putting Jed in danger. Trust me TJ, this is for the best." "I understand." said TJ, hiding his emotions. "You will always be remembered in the RAIDERS. You're not going to have to worry about that though, cause I'll be back here on time." "OK. But if you're not, say goodbye to Otto and Rizzit for me. They really made life intresting for us. Never a dull moment." "I will." said TJ. "I gotta get Jed out of here. Good Luck!" "Thanks. You too." TJ nodded and went over to where Jed was positioned on his stretcher. He looked down at Jed who was pretending not to be in any sort of physical danger. "Jed, lay down and only fire when needed. We're....going." Knowing better than to ask any questions, Jed laid perfectly straight and tucked his rifle in a position for quick and easy access only if needed. TJ reached out with the force, tapping deep into a pool of energy inside him, summoned the energy to raise Jed and his stretcher above the ground, and on towards Shadow. The two of them moved fairly slow: Jed first and TJ following as to protect Jed from any shots if nessecary. They were almost at the position JR was reffering to, TJ could see Shadow. A few minutes later, TJ arrived with Jed at Shadow's position. "Shadow...what's up?" TJ asked. "TJ, I'm here with the tank." Shadow said as he went over and opened the door to the tank. TJ levitated Jed into the tank and set him down. "Jed..."TJ said. " I have to leave you. You're safe with Shadow, I need to get to JR. Thanks Shadow. Gotta run!" TJ tapped into the force once again. This time summoning up energy to rush with blazing speed towards JR. In no time, TJ arrived back where JR was, but JR was not there. Enemy fire was intense though, so he figured JR was still alive. He ignited his saber, and began looking for him. Then he found him! But, the question was...."Was he dead?"......

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

February 23, 2003 8:20:28 PM    View the profile of TJ 
Before him, TJ saw JR's lifeless body laying on the ground, not moving. Crouching next to him, TJ examined the fallen trooper. Switching on the comm, he called for help. "We have a man down here, JR's not moving. I've gotten Jed to safety but it seems we have another casuality. Please, send help as soon as possible." What happened next made TJ nearly jump out of his skin. "No need Teej, I'm fine," JR's voice came from through his headphones. "What? But you're right here, you aren't breathing and for a second there I could have sworn you didn't have a heartbeat." "Little trick I picked back home Teej. Trust me...I'm fine. Now let's finish these suckers off." It was just then, TJ noticed that the enemy had ceased fire. It seemed JR's little trick had worked. "Copy that JR, " and with that the two troopers unloaded a fury of blaster fire on the enemy's position killing several in the process. "Good to have you back amongst the living." "I never left." Was JR's only reply.

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
February 23, 2003 8:49:52 PM    View the profile of JR 
    TJ and JR began to run when TJ stopped in his tracks.  He could feel that something was up with JR.  "What is it?" he asked.  JR looked confused, "What's what?" but he knew that TJ could sense his relief and fear.  JR had never felt so relieved to know that he was going back to his squad.  He was also afraid that it could happen again.       TJ decided to not question JR any further about what he was feeling so he asked him another question.  "Where did you learn that trick?"  JR looked at him and smiled, "Oh you know when you fo on as many adventures as I did back at home, you gotta pick up some things to stay away from the wild life."     TJ grinned back, "You have a point."  His smile than faded as he drew his lightsaber and spined just as Blaster fire was coming in there direction.  He quickly difectled shots as JR pulled out his gun and started to fire.  Once they had taken care of the enemy they quickened there pace and before long the base was in there sight.  As they ran through the door Rizzit looked at them then at JR and said, "Welcome back."   ----------------------- TRP/LCP JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR] "How can we know the universe when, hell I can't even find my way through China Town."-Woody Allen.
[This message has been edited by JR (edited February 23, 2003 8:51:29 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
February 24, 2003 9:59:58 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:im not entirely sure how many enemys ther are but im estimating ther arnt very many/OOC Snipes found this experiance almost fun, while he sat behind a rock and snipered at the poor enemy troopers. they wher no match, they was less experianced and the RAIDERS had a fair defensive possition. *CHU*nether trooper down. The only thing that worried Snipes was the AT-ST. Snipes and the rest at the base continued to fire, conserving shots, Snipes only had about 6 shots left and it was stressing him out. *CHU*5, only 5 kills left in that gun. "im running a little low on ammo here"Snipes said ove rthe comm "every1 is Snipes" was Rizzits only reply. Snipes watched blaster bolts fly from the cover of the cave, finaly. and BOOM, the AT-ST was down. Snipes looked back at Jed, they wher just getting a move on. *CHU**CHU*CHU*Snipes fired, the last of his ammo. He took a small pistol from its hiding stop under his armour, took a second to adjust the scope and began fireing it, unfortunatly that was an emergancy gun and only had 25 shots, but as Snipes got one shot off the blaster was shot, some idiot had got lucky,ther was a hole through the pistol. "Riz, im out,completely out" "So am I"came Drogos voice "looks like your the only one with anything left,Riz" Suddenly the battle field went quit minus the few shots coming from the cave. "negative"crackled Rizzit Snipes drew a knife from out of its hiding place next to his pistols holster and dislodged a thermal detonateor from his supply belt. He threw the grenade, but he over aimed and anly knocked out a few in the back. this was going to be alot harder than it had looked. "all i have is a knife" "ihave a small pistol still"echoed Drogos voice "i still have an E-11"came Rizzit "oh joy, im the only one without a gun" Snipes was realy peeved now, the only one without a gun, that realy pissed him off, he was a marksmen, previously profetionaly, and he was the only one without a gun. he took his other knife from its hiding place and threw it strait into the head of an enemy.ooohh this pissed him off, atleast ther wher only a few left, the rest of the squad would haveta handle them. Snipes pulled his canteen out and amost took off his helmet to begin drinking from it. then, when he thought he was completely hidden, and explosion blew up about 30ft infrom of him, not enought to do anything but through rocks in his face. thankfull all of a sudden for his clumsy helmet. yak thou, his canteen was full of dirt, Snipes closed it and replaced it in its spot.if he got desprate the dirt could be strained out. Snipes wasnt haveing very much fun anymore. "thier dead"came Rizzits voice "ay"crackled Drogo "yay"Snipes said unenthusiasticaly, after all it had seced to be fun "good work squad"echoed Rizzit, driving Snipes insane "thanx"came multiple voices including Snipes "is Jed safe?"came Mara "i hope so"came Rizzit "i gotta go search for some ammo"said Snipes "we'll split it evenly"Rizz voice crackled "ok"they all veriefied. as Snipes began taking everything of value to the mission he could find,  including his knife, he found a not-so-dead trooper. "Rizz, i've got a live one" "keep him for questioning" "Ay" Snipes picked up the mans riffle and tapped him on the shoulder, "your coming with me"snipes said the man just groaned and pulled a pistol out, put it to his head and got it kicked out of his hand. "no"said Snipes"hey, that'll fit in my holster perfect"and picked up the pistol

-----------------------
TRP\PFC Sniping101\Raiders\2PLT\1COM\1BAT\1REG\VEA\VE [LoR]
"When you annoy me it takes 42 muscels in my face to frown, Wheras it takes only three muscels to extend my arm and b*tch slap you"
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 24, 2003 8:22:16 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OOC: hope its ok/OOC Swomz and Mara readied themselves for the iminent approach of enemy troops.  Mara gripped her blaster tighter as each of them became more tense.  Swomz leaned forward, squinting a bit...suddenly four troopers came out, blaster raised.  But both RAIDERS were ready and fired at once, taking out all four within 5 seconds. "Whew, that was close." Swomz looked down at the bodies in front of him. "Yeah." Mara answered, but I think we'd better get out of here, RIzzit will be waiting." "I copy that." Swomz said. "lets head out." Mara followed Swomz out and started in the direction of Rizzit at a slow jog.  Suddenly, 4 blasters were in their faces. "Wha..." Swomz started. "Freeze Imperial scum!" one of them said. "put your weapons down!" Swomz and Mara obeyed, lowering their blasters and setting them on the ground.  "Blades too!" the man shouted. Bad idea, buddy Swomz thought as he unsheathed his blades.  In one quick motion he stabbed behind him, and spun around, killing three of them.  Mara had already taken the last one, Giving a quick upper cut to the guy, and when doubled over, slashed his head off. "Quick thinking Swomz." Mara complimented. "Thanks, it's needed out here." He said. "You can say that again." Mara replied as she looked around. "Lets move on, I'm sure there are more of them" he guestured disgustedly at the motionless bodies below them, "behind us." "You'll find no argument here, lets move!" The two troopers jogged off toward their SL, prepared for anything.

-----------------------

Kjerri
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

February 25, 2003 8:03:10 AM    View the profile of Kjerri 
[OOC] Hey TK, if you dont want to be in this, write yourself out   I just picked an innocent victim hahah [/OOC] The radio clicked on and off, static covering the voices of nervous and angry commanders. “2 clicks south” said the radio before another vibrant tone, “enemy… pickup… Northgate” “What is he saying?” Kjerri asked, but TK motioned him to close his mouth. “Quiet soldier” he said looking down at maps and pins to mark the paths. “Ok command we copy” he stated clearly into the radio. “Enemy positions inclosing, we are at 5 degrees northwest to two-fault pass.” The voice on the other end of the radio gave an acknowledgement as TK continued. “Ok then, can we get the points of the enemy positions so we can try to avoid these crowds?” The radio went static, then back on, then static once more. TK smacked the device against the metal interior, seeing if it would help the connection. “30 west...” said the radio through the interruptions, “by 40 north”. TK looked down at the map, setting the pins but then stopped suddenly. He looked up to Kjerri who had absolutely no idea what was going on, with an expression of utter horror spelled out across his face. The radio returned to static, and TK let it slid from his hands, striking the floor and spinning to a halt in a corner. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. * * * “Over here” said a rebel soldier, his camouflage matching with the surrounding rock masses. Another soldiers hurried to his position to look at the parked and scarred tank stuck in the muddy sands. He then moved slowly around the tank base, then towards the back of the tank, torch out in front of him while the other started up the metal cutting power of his welding gun. Sparks flew from the base as the soldier cut through, a scored and carbonated line marking his cutting mark. * * * “What are we going to do?” said Kjerri under his breath trying to be as quiet as possible while TK put his fingers to his lips to mark the silence needed. TK seemed freakier then ever to the young trooper, but he knew his war experience would lead to a plan, or at least he hoped. TK then looked towards the riffle in his hands, the sparking hole being created in the tank wall, and then nodded to Kjerri to raise his riffle as well. “The only thing we can do soldier,” TK said then paused, cocking his riffle and loading a new clip, “Fight back.”   ----------------------- TRP/LC Kjerri/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] "I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day...tomorrow isn't looking good either."
[This message has been edited by Kjerri (edited February 25, 2003 8:06:02 AM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 26, 2003 4:03:48 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Rizzit and the rest of the squad finally met up with Swomz and Mara. "What took you so long?" Rizzit asked. "We ran into some...friends..." Mara replied. "As I assumed." Rizzit said. "We need to begin to focus more on the job at hand...figuring out about that ambassador.  Using a short range scanner, Mara here has located a small building--at least she thinks it's a building, it's the size where it might be a large metal box." "Where is this "box"?" Drogo asked. "Southwest of here...only about 2 clicks away." "Well, I'm ready." Swomz said, fingering his blaster.  A chorus of "Yeah's!" were spoken, and Rizzit nodded.  Let's do it.  I'm gonna split us up into three groups.  Swomz and Mara, you two work good together, I want you to head straigh in the direction of the "building".  TJ and snipes, you two head out to the left, and then back in towards it.  Drogo and JR can take the right.  will go with Mara and Swomz.  We will meet at the nearest rock outcropping at least 100 meters from the "building".  Any questions?"  Several head shakes answered him.  "Good.  Use a comlink only when necessary." The three groups split up and headed off into their appionted directions. ***************** After walking for what seemed forever, Rizzit held up his hand.  "There it is..." he whispered.  His conclusions were correct.  A small buliding was sitting there...it was pushed right up against a large boulder, and had one door on the side.  It looked deserted.  TJ and snipes arrived as Rizzit looked back.  JR and Drogo could be seen in the distance, and it looked as if they hadn't had any trouble either. "I don't know Riz," Swomz started, "It looks too...empty..." "Yeah." Rizzit answered. "We'll go have a look at it when they get here. "He guestured back toward the two incoming Raiders. "We made it!" snipes whispered, as he and TJ kneeled down with the rest of the squad. "Good." Rizzit said. "TJ and I are going to go check out this...thing...the rest of you stay here and cover us...don't be afraid to blast anything that looks dangerous." "Roger that." Swomz said. "Let's go, TJ."  The two of them looked around, and then sprinted towards the building, because of the wide area with no cover.  They reached the building, and looked around, wondering why there wasnt any resistance.  Rizzit nodded his head toward the door.  They both walked over, blasters ready.  TJ looked down at the control panel, and from the looks of it, it wasn't even locked.  The two troopers looked at each other and nodded.  Rizzit backed up and made sure his blaster was loaded.  TJ hit the controls for the door, and sprang back, saber ready.  The door opened slowly.  Nothing came out.  THey waited for about 2 mintutes, and then Rizzit slowly stepped forward.  He looked inside...There were about five enemy troopers lying ont he floor, obviously dead.  Suddenly, an alarm went of on Rizzit's wrist.  He looked down and ran out as fast as he could, pullling TJ with him. "What the.." Tj muttered. "There's some kind of gas in there." Rizzit breathed.  "Luckily my wrist detector went off, otherwise we would be dead." "Wow, thanks for pulling me out." Tj said.  "But ya know what I saw?" "What?" Rizzit looked up. "There was a tunnel Riz, and that tunnel just might lead to some answers!"

-----------------------

Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 26, 2003 9:08:25 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"TJ, how long of a tunnel do you suppose that is?" Rizzit asked. "I dunno. Shouldn't be far. Why?" "I have nine easy breathing masks. they might just do the trick." "Hmmm....maybe." Rizzit motioned to TJ and they both headed to where the squad was. After getting everyone's attention Rizzit explained that there was gas in the tunnel, and that they were going in with special breathing equiptment. He then passed around a bunch of masks, and ordered everyone to remove their helmets quickly, then to put the masks on underneath them. As ordered, everyone individually took off their helmets, and put the masks on connected to a small pump which went in the back part of their armor. "These work just like oxygen masks." Rizzit said. "They will only last an hour though, so make sure that you move quickly through that tunnel." "Understood sir." was what was heard throughout the ranks. "Good. Then follow me." Rizzit lead his squad back through the door he and TJ went through. Once the door opened, the squad went right in. There was no need to wait for anything, they had a limited amount of time. Meanwhile, somewhere inside that warehouse, someone was watching the RAIDERS as they progressed. "Commander! Commander!" A trooper exclaimed. "What is it now?" "Sir, they are back." "What? Those 'Imps'?" "Yessir. They are in the tunnel again sir." "Allow them to make their way through the tunnel. Set a trap for them about ten yards from where the tunnel ends" "Roger that." the trooper said as he left. "Fools! They think that they can save their ambassador. HAH! They're too late....about two months too late to be exact. It was rewarding killing that ambassador. When will those filthy imperials learn that they have gone too far? It's time to take matters into my own hands. The Rebellion will come out on top this time!" Underneath the same building, the RAIDERS had no idea what was going on, nor why there were no troops. "It's almost nice not having to fight everytime you turn around." Swomz said. "Ya. Those troopers can get annoying. Wonder who they work for." Mara chimed in. "Dunno." piped Drogo. "The Rebellion?" "Guys, enough chatter!" Rizzit ordered. "You're using up precious oxygen." On Rizzit's orders, they proceded quitely through the tunnel, unaware of the trap that lay in store for them...

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
February 27, 2003 12:02:19 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:i hope i got the professions rite, if not completely disregard this post I think Rizz im a Combat engineer rite now, rite?/OOC As Snipes looked around he noticed that Drogo was begining to get uneasy, he kept lookin around, like someone was behind him. "anythin rong?"Snipes asked "ever get that feelin your bein watched?" "ya" "well i dont trust this cave, it looks carved" "i kno what ya mean" Truth was Snipes found the cool air of the cave almost  refreshing, he'd always liked dark places, ever sence he was a kid. but that only made him more suspiscious. eh wasnt sure he liked all of this thou, he didnt like not being able to see everyones face, and be able to read thier emotions, they wher all emotionless skeletons as far as he could tell. ther was a light ahead, an almost red light. "PFC!"Riz called "yes"Snipes and Drogo said in unision "Combat engineer, you and the Medic go check it out" "yes"Snipes and Swomz responed as they walked ahead it grew increasingly hotter, damn, Snipes thought, the oxygen was going to be used faster in this heat. the glow also got brighter, this must be some kind of furnace thought Snipes, he hit the button to encrease the darkness of his visors, he witnessed Swomz do the same. "sure is hot in here"Swomz comented "ssshhhh, the oxygen"Snipes scolded all of a sudden Swomz turned 90degrees an looked around huredly. "what is it?"Snipes asked "thought i heard something" "ill keep my eyes open" They continued on, ever more care full now, the passage began to widen, and befor elonf they wher in a large room, Snipes had been rite it was a furnace, but this was gigantic, it took the whole floor of the room, wich had cat walks goin around and throught it every wher at the level of the passage, the acctual floor musta been a good 50ft down. "Rizz, it would apear that we have reached a furnace room, please advise"Snipes called in "Wait ther, we'll be ther in amoment"Rizz crackled "affermative"Snipes and Swomz responed it was only a few minute untill the rest of the squad cought up. "so wich direction?"Swomz asked "we'll go left, the right apears to have caven in and straight forward the catwalk looks unsteady"Riz advised "alright" as they stepped onto the catwalk Snipes copught glimpse of something behind them, out of the light, but soon shook it off as a trick of the light. as they progressed twards the fork in the path they heard a nois from the right passage, they looked over and saw about 15-20 republic soldiers fileing in from an aparently clear passage. as they filed in rizz commanded"open fire" as they did so, the rpublic troopers began to also. "Combat Engineer!, you think you can take that catwalk down and stay alive?"Riz yelled as the squad backed down to the tunnel entrace they came from "yess" "we'll cover you" "thank you sir" As Snipes crwled up twards the catwalk, the rest of the squad giving him as much cover as they could, but it seems thy figured out Rizzit was leading us and wher aiming asmuch as possible at him. Snipes crawled faster. finaly he got to the fork, this catwalk had supports first he'd haveta try and take those off with his limited suplies "i need a troch" "coming your way"some one said as a thin pen like object slid across the catwalk at him, unfortuanitly it didnt make it. Snipes took out the single person emergancy grapple hook that was standard issue(OOC: want to despute it, watch ANH /OOC) and threw it out ther and cought the mini torch and carefully drug it too him.once he got it he slowly was able too disconnect those supports, by this time the enemy hadcought onto him and was fireing at him, he'd fire back when ever he got a chance, but the rest of them wher bgining to run low on ammo. "hurry up PFC!"Rizz yelled " completetionis only one explosive away!"Snipes yelled victoriiusly as he tossed a 2lbs of HE to the other side and ran back to the ret of the squad. "duck!"snipes advised every one ducked and a second later KABOOM! "that was a damn big explosion!"Swomz comented "thers a worse problem" said Rizzit"how to get over ther now"was Snipes found the cool air of the cave almost    ----------------------- TRP\PFC Sniping101\Raiders\2PLT\1COM\1BAT\1REG\VEA\VE [LoR] "When you annoy me it takes 42 muscels in my face to frown, Wheras it takes only three muscels to extend my arm and b*tch slap you" "a penny saved is a Government oversight" "everything tastes like chicken except chicken, wich tastes like pork" Liquid:*makes c*ck sucking motions* Liquid:i can do that
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited February 27, 2003 12:06:45 AM)]
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

February 27, 2003 3:37:45 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
[OOC] not sure about the last line of your post snipes... got a bit confused there, just guessing on where to go with that [/OOC] Mara looked at the situation, the bridge was blown, and now they needed to cross over... there was no sign of the enemy troops, she felt that they had retreated, and doubted they were all killed in the blast from the catwalk. With low ammo they needed to be careful when they advanced,  make every round count.  Rizzit looked for a way across, he knew time was running out, they enemy knew they were here and if the ambassador was here he was in grave danger. Rizzit looked around for a way across, glancing at his troops he saw Mara looking at her wristband then intently looking into the tunnel... "Mara what is it?" Rizzit asked "My verdicator indicates four troopers right around the corner of the tunnel, they are very confident, I read no stress from them at all... almost like they are laughing at us? " Mara whispered in disgust "Raiders.. watch yourself, I think we are in the middle of some trap, Mara, see if you can pick up anyone else around... give us an idea if we have someone hiding behind us"  Rizzit whispered and pointed towards each Raider... "Snipes, you get me a way across that bridge area,  TJ you go with him and watch for enemy peeking around that corner I don't need to tell anyone to be careful with the ammo, one shot one kill here.    Swomz you go with Mara to scan the area... what's the scan radius on that thing Mara? " "Ten Meters accurately after that its sketchy at best" Mara replied  "Fine, you two scan the area, let us know the moment you scan something" Rizzit continued positioning the raiders... while Mara and Swomz walked slowly around, scanning the area they had come through already "I don't see how someone could be there Mara, we just came through that tunnel, unless they followed us from  the surface" Swomz mused "I don't know, I don't trust anything right now, might be something we missed when walking through there, or your right, they could have had someone follow us in from the surface... not sure... " Mara sighed Snipes and TJ were looking around the bridge area... "TJ cover me... I need to focus on a way across here, maybe using the grappling hook, shoot I have to get a whole squad over that... if it were just one person that would be easy." Snipes said.. shaking his head Drogo and JR were watching the area... scanning for any movement  JR swore he saw movement occasionally however when he turned to look he saw nothing. "Drogo" JR whispered " Do you keep seeing movement?  Or is my mind playing tricks on me... I feel someone watching us... and I see movement, but when I look cant get a good look at anything... something isn't right here. " Drogo nodded his head in agreement, "this is eery, making me jumpy, and that's exactly what they want too... us to get jumpy and start shooting at nothing, waste up the last of our ammo"  Mara and Swomz ran quietly past them Mara whispered as they ran by.. "Watch behind us.. we have company"  "Rizzit"  Mara whispered, "We have three troopers behind us that I can read... maybe more, they are moving quietly closer right now, Drogo and JR are watching for them" Rizzit shook his head, "Good, now we know it isn't our imaginations playing with us, we are being watched from everywhere... we will need to take care of them before moving forward.  Although we cant cross the blown bridge area yet that is a sign also that the enemy can cross over to us, that's good... we need to attack the guys behind us, no need to let them get the jump on us... I think you and Swomz can reinforce Drogo and Jr and infiltrate the area where the enemy in the tunnel is.  We will let Snipes and TJ focus on getting our way across so we can knock out the other guys.  That's the plan you two.. make it happen... [OOC] have to get back to work, hopefully someone can pick this up from here [/OOC]

-----------------------
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

February 27, 2003 4:13:56 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
[OOC] This post was deleted because I was stupid...anyways, proceed. [/OOC] ----------------------- Lance Corporal Swomz Raiders Squad Wildcard Platoon Army of the Vast Empire TRP/LCPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] "Wow, that was a damn big explosion." -Swomz
[This message has been edited by (edited February 27, 2003 6:25:46 PM)]
Drogo
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  68
February 27, 2003 7:57:27 PM    View the profile of Drogo 
    After clearing the room of enemy troops the Raiders realized that the enemy had been sneaking in through a hole in the ceiling. There seemed to be no other convenient ways out of the room so the Raiders removed their grappling cables from their belts and hurled them through the opening in the ceiling. Drogo pulled the cable on his grappling hook taught then checked his pistols to make sure the magazines were full. He looked up through the hole in the ceiling and into the room beyond. The roof of the room above was very high with thick, dark steel rafters crossing horizontally along it. There wasn't much else that the trooper could see though as the room was very dark and the hole not very large. Drogo lowered his gaze and looked towards Rizzit waiting for the order to climb, but Rizzit seemed a litlle uneasy as he peered into the darkness that seemed to spill out over the edge of the hole.     "Drogo," Rizzit said without moving his gaze to meet the PFC's, "I want you to go up first and tell me what you find on the other side of that opening."     "Yes, sir." replied Drogo.     The private tightened his pack, hooked the end of his cable to his belt and took a deep breath. He gripped the cable firmly and hoisted himself up, wrapping his legs around it underneath. As he slowly made his way up to the opening, pulling himself up hand over hand, he tryed to prepare himself for whatever he may find. Hopefully the enemy wouldn't expect them to make that sort of a climb and it would just be an empty room, but there was no way of telling until he was there. Drogo looked down behind him. It was a good forty feet back down to the ground and another ten to the top of the cable. All the Raiders were looking up intently at him, wating to hear and see what he found. Drogo reached the top of the rope and took a deep breath before cautiously peering over the side.     It was a massive warehouse with rows upon rows of shelves pilled high with crates. Drogo looked one way and the shelves seemed to go on forever, converging at a distant point while in the other direction there was a massive steel door, obviously for loading and unloading cargo, as well as a metal staircase that led up to a catwalk which ran around the entire warehouse and crossed through the rows of shelving to make it easier to reach the upper shelves. Right at the top of the stairs there was a door next to a large rectangular window. The room behind it was probably an office or control room of some sort. Drogo thought he could make out the figure of a man standing at the window, but the lights were off and he couldn't be certain. In the corner just to the left of the stairs there were several droid controlled load-lifters and a row of labor droids that looked as though they had been shut down for quite some time. Drogo turned his head back around and followed his cable to where it was attached at the base of one of the shelves. Everything appeared to be in order in the room and Drogo was about to signal the rest of the Raiders to climb when suddenly all the lights flashed on and troopers materialized on the catwalks above and from behind the shelves.     They didn't even bother to say freeze as Drogo quickly ducked his head under the rim of the hole and blaster bolts sent shards of the concrete floor raining across the top of his helmet like sand blown from the top of a desert dune. Drogo loosened his grip on the cable and slid down a few feet. He let go with his right hand and removed a grenade from his belt while popping out the pin with his thumb. He lobbed the grenade in the direction of the shelves to prevent the troops on the floor from shooting over the rim of the hole or simply unteathering his cable altogether. He heard the distinct ping of metal bouncing across concrete and several startled shouts from the enemy troopers. This was followed by an explosion and then a groaning, lurching sound as some of the shelves began to lean and then topple to the floor with a loud crash. Unfortunately this caused Drogo's grapple to come loose and before the trooper could even think he was plumetting towards the floor with the limp cable in his hands and the grapple uselessly sliding across the floor. Drogo felt his heart leap into his throat and the great feeling of insecurity that acompanies being surrounded by nothing but air in all directions. The grapple, luckily, caught on the edge of the hole and stuck, but this caused such a jolt as the cable suddenly went taught again that it shook Drogo's grip loose and he continued to fall. Fortunately both Otto and TJ had been in a state of readiness the whole time and reached out through the force to slow the troopers desent so that he landed somewhat gently on his back. Swomz rushed quickly to Drogo and began to examine him.     "Are you alright?" Swomz asked as began to remove Drogo's helmet to check for signs of a concussion.     "I'm fine." replied Drogo as he swatted the medic's hands away and began to sit up. He looked towards Otto and TJ, "I guess I can thank one of you for the easy landing?"     "Both actually," replied Otto.     "Thanks," said Drogo.     "You can thank us later," TJ informed the trooper. "Right now we need to know what happened up there."     "Right," said Drogo as he looked over to Rizzit, "It was a trap. They were just waiting for us with all the lights off. I guess they couldn't tell it was just me because the lights came on all of a sudden and the place was swarming with enemy troops. Most of them were wearing rebel uniforms too."     "I thought those scum might have something to do with this," said Rizzit. "Well climbing in is no good. Did you see any other ways into that warehouse?"     "Just a large cargo bay door, but I'm sure there is another way in if we look for it. If not we can always make one," Drogo said with a smile. "I'm sure snipes and I could use our demoliton charges to make a nice entrance, or at least a nice diversion."     "Alright, everyone spread out and try and find us a way out of here." ordered Rizzit. "Our oxygen is spent and there's no way we can go back through this tunnel. Look for another tunnel, a ventilation shaft, anything."                 The Raiders began searching the are for any way out they could find. Mara was the first one to speak up.                 "Hey," shouted Mara. "I found a shaft over here and it looks like it goes all the way to the surface. At least i can see some light at the end of it." [OOC: I wrote this post before Swomz deleted his last one. I think I added enough at the beggining to make it make sense. If not I can always fix it later. One problem I've seen with the story is that we keep running out of ammo and then magically we have some again. We haven't been re-supplied since we left base camp quite some time ago so let's save the running out of ammo twist for the last battle scene. Other than that you guys are doing a good job. Sorry it's been so long since my last post too. Now here's what I see happening for the rest of the story. Snipes and I blow out part of the warehouse wall as a diversion while the rest of you guys go through whatever door you can find and we fight our way to the guy I saw standing in the office/control room. He tells us the ambassador is dead. If you come up with another good twist that follows the story(I think there was supposed to be some kind of assasin as well) fell free to throw it in. Other than that we should just meet up with the DDs and hump it back to base camp to catch a shuttle back to our VSD.]   ----------------------- TRP/PFC Drogo/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/ VE [LoR] A.K.A PO1 TwinFury. Former Aegis(LustHawk) 3 and 5, Flight Leader Aegis flight 2, Astral Guard member, and MRR(Marine Recon and Rescue) Officer. "Would to god my rage, and my fury drive me now." ~Achilles
[This message has been edited by (edited February 27, 2003 8:17:12 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 27, 2003 8:49:07 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Very good Mara." Rizzit said. "Now let's go through that tunnel." "Um...Rizzit....do you...see...lights?" Swomz asked. Rizzit looked around the room, and noticed that white lights were beaming around the room. Rizzit quitly walked around to investigate things. "Hold it right there you imperial scum! You're not going anywhere!" said a voice, then a rebel officer stood in front of Otto. "Rebels! You ought to know better than to mess with us." Otto replied. "Ya, well we don't; and thanks to you're sneaking around we know where you are and why you're here. You are here for your precious ambassador aren't you?" "Okay Rebel! Spill the beans! What've you done with him?" Rizzit demanded. "Oh, you're in no place to make demands of me! Maybe you should look behind you: O Demanding one!" "Only a rebel can come up with that kind of poor witty remark. Alright, I'll just turn around and see....what you...want me to see...OH BOY! We're in trouble!" said Rizzit as he turned around to reveal a legion of Rebels just waiting to open fire on the RAIDERS. "Clever rebels, very clever. Okay RAIDERS, let's show them what we're made of." Rizzit ordered. With a rebel army right behind them some had thought Rizzit had made a hasty and foolish decision. The RAIDERS had much pride in them though, they would never surrender to a rebel. Otto and TJ ignited their sabers, and the rest of the RAIDERS prepared for battle. The rebel squad wasted no time in showering the RAIDERS with rifle blasts. It seemed as if there would be an end to the RAIDERS, unless they could get to that shaft with the two DarkJedi blocking the shots for them. That shaft was on the other end of the room though, and there were too many rebels to just run over there. It seemed that the RAIDERS' days were numbered...

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 27, 2003 10:15:54 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OOC: don't know if you'll like it, but I thought a desperate death charge would be cool. /OOC The Raiders tried to find cover behind whatever they could.  Their ammo was getting lower, and Rizzit knew this.  He knelt down and pulled out a thermal detonator.  He ckucked it toward the largest group of Rebels that there was.  Seconds the explosion rocked the tunnel, Rebel body parts strewn around the room.  Suddenly a large chunk of rock fell right in front of the weakening Raider squad. "What the..." Swomz looked up. "The tunnel's falling apart!" Drogo yelled.  Some of the enemy blaster fire stopped as another large chunk fell. "We need to get to that shaft!" Rizzit yelled. Otto looked back at Rizzit. "We can make a run for it after we take out a couple of those troopers!" He shouted over the sounds of blaster fire.  Rizzit nodded. "EVERBODY GET READY!!" Rizzit pulled out his last precious grenade.  He chucked it toward the rebels.  This eruption didn't do much damage, but it provided for a good distraction.  "Run!!"  The Raiders ran like hell toward the shaft, with TJ and Otto blocking any lasers that might have stopped them.  They made it to the shaft, and proceeded to run through it. "Wait!" Mara hissed.  There's proley more up there too!" "Dangit, you're right Mara." Rizzit looked back.  The ground suddenly shook violently, and rocks fell and blocked the passageway behind them...they were trapped in the tunnel, and now they HAD to face whatever lay ahead.  Rizzit started up slowly, motioning the others to follow him.  Swomz looked down at his blaster, which was very low on energy.  He made sure his blades were ready.  Otto readied his saber. "Faithful to the end.." Drogo muttered quietly. The squad made their way slowly up the shaft, toward the light.  Rizzit looked at Mata who was holding the portable scanner. "Looks like about 30 or 40 of them...and that's just in this thing's range!" she looked back up at Riz.  "How are we gonna do this?" "I dont know...we can always go down fighting..." Rizzit raised his gun.  Swomz smiled grimly and whirled his blades around.  "We're gonna charge them...perhaps we can take them by surprise." "Let's do it!" "I'm ready for anything!" "Yeah!" Rizzit smiled under his mask.  He was fortunate to have such a faithful squad.  "Well, what are we waiting for?!  CHARGE!!"

-----------------------
TRP/CPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Ord Durall  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:06:33 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 145  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >