Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Ord Durall

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Ord Durall
Peacemaker
ComNet Sultan

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  224
Total Posts:  225
  RE: Mission: Ord Durall
January 14, 2003 8:14:42 AM    View the profile of Peacemaker 
i post later this day a description about the current situation (and from that I'll post a new map for y'all - Fury)   ----------------------- Evil Clone from Warmaker Nobody argue with you when you aim with an Heavy Blaster Riffle at him Squad Leader from the Dark Dragoons SL/SSG Peacemaker/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited January 14, 2003 11:30:03 AM)]
Peacemaker
ComNet Sultan

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

January 21, 2003 8:12:28 AM    View the profile of Peacemaker 
Peacemaker walked trough the Camp. After the last fights, it wnet quiet, the Enemy got big losses and stopped the Attacks to reinforce their Units. As he reached the last of his Original Tanks, he sit down at its Side in the Shadow. "Its quiet in the last Days" said Kjerri as he walked slowly around the Tank and sit down, a Bottle in his Hand. "Yes, to quiet, they got since our last Attack to much Time to reinforce their Units. It will be hard to fight them back if they start a full Attack with all their Forces." "Ya and our Soldiers get Slowly bored without a fight. yesterday i saw one who was supposed to guard the Entrance falling asleep." said Kjerri and gave Peacemaker his Bottle "That isnt good, bored Soldiers die usually first." answerd Peacemaker and took a deep gulp. "Sir Sir" yelled a young Private as he run into Peacemakers direction "Yes?" "Sir we received just a Transmission from Brigadier General Fury. He wants to speak with you. Sir." "Allright, thanks Private." "Seems like our rest is over." said Peacemaker and walked over to the Com tent. Half an Hour later, after he called in his Soldiers he informed them about the News: "Allright, we got new Orders from Fury. The Raiders got the Mission to infiltrate the Enemy HQ on our North. We Assist them by laying cover fire on the artillery unit on the high ground to our north. Then we head out to crush the ground forces and hold off that area. After we secured at least half the Area we support Drill Squad with their Mission." "When do we start?" "We must wait till the Raiders are rdy, we peforate the enemy Artillery as soon as they are rdy to move out, not earlier. Its a coordinated Attack. Any more Questions? no? allright lets get rdy. HUA" The Dragoons replyd with a HUA and went out to prepare their Weapons. .........

-----------------------
Evil Clone from Warmaker
Nobody argue with you when you aim with an Heavy Blaster Riffle at him

Squad Leader from the Dark Dragoons

SL/SSG Peacemaker/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
January 21, 2003 10:49:03 AM    View the profile of Fury 
The loading officer onboard the VSD Dominion breathed a sigh of relief.  For months the crew had watched the three squads below fight over every inch of their landing zone, yet the enemy kept coming in waves, and a secure site for landing reinforcements and a proper base camp never came through.  The Dark Dragoons managed to get their vehicles down, and a small field hospital was delivered over the course of a long, long day, but never were the conditions right for a full scale landing. Once the enemy was forced to abandon the camp known to the planners as Base Camp Alpha, the opportunity presented itself.  The planet's remaining starfighters made an attempt to stop the landing - two shuttles did not make it down - but the Dominion's gunners and the TIE Droid fighters eliminated most of the air threat.  The loss of one platoon of troops and 50 tons of rations was not to be scoffed at, but things could have been worse. Now, Alpha was in VE hands and functioning as a supply, repair, and command depot for the forces on the planet.  Regular army units were stationed to the west and southwest of the location, holding the passes and building defenses against the enemy positions in the area.  The stormtrooper squads were consolidating their supplies and working out the kinks in their replacement armor, weapons, and vehicles.  Intelligence had spent time fanning out amongst the locals.  Between their information and that learned from the squad leaders Rizzit, Peacemaker and Solidus, a new sense of the mission was becoming more apparent. (A new map and orders will follow soon.)
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
January 21, 2003 12:32:30 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
A speeder approached the Dark Dragoon's camp. Kjerri spotted it first and alerted peacemaker. Peacemaker got out his long-range sensors and watched as the speeder came to a stop and nine white figures disembarked. "Not bad for a borrowed speeder, eh Otto?" Rizzit remarked. "No. Not at all. I wonder why it was abandoned like that." Otto asked. "Me too. Let's not waste time pondering though, it looks like Peacemaker is wondering who we are. Let's get going." The RAIDERS took any belongings they might have had in the speeder, and headed for the camp where Peacemaker was still gazing into his binoculars. "It's the RAIDERS!" said Peacemaker. Rizzit approached the camp with the rest of his squad. He seemed happy to see that the two squads were already there. "Well Peacemaker, looks like we're finally back together." "For now at least Rizzit. What brings you to our camp?" "Well, we need to take the hill to the west, and we needed some backup from your squad while we do it." "And then what?" "Then....THEN we go and look for information regaurding the ambassador." "I see...so after the artillery is taken out, we split up again." "Yes. If you don't mind, we'd like to rest here tonite. We can start first thing in the morning." "Fine with us Rizz! You and your squad make youselves comfortable." "Thanks Peacemaker." Rizzit and the RAIDERS, with Peacemaker's "OK" settled in and prepared themselves to head out the next day.

-----------------------
Platoon Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

January 21, 2003 2:17:12 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]I have asked Rizzit and Peacemaker to give me an idea of what they would like to see happen with the mission and where they believe their forces are at the time being. I have made a new map reflecting all the time spent slogging through the fighting with various militia groups.  You guys will notice that the valley surrounded by the mountain ridge has been cleared of enemy and that regular army reinforcements have come down to protect two of your most exposed flanks.[/OOC]  Note the markings showing the positions of both enemy and VE troop placements.  Consider each enemy grouping to be platoon to company strength.  Regular VE forces should be used as NPCs sparingly.  If you must bring some along, keep them to squad sized elements and only as necessary to the story. Also note the naming of the enemy fortresses.  Alpha base was abandoned by the enemy and is now the VE field HQ, field hospital, and quartermaster. The following orders will apply to the squads.  1. Raiders Break through the nearest enemy elements and take the hill to the west that controls local artillery units.  From there, eliminate further opposition and move into enemy HQ in search of news concerning the ambassador's state...either alive or dead and information on the assassin. 2. Dark Dragoons Assist the Raiders by laying cover fire on the artillery unit on the high ground to your north.  Then crush the ground forces and hold off that area.  A detachment of troops or a vehicle of two will then provide assistance to Drill squad as it moves into the mining camp. 3.  Drill Your job is to await the order from the Dark Dragoons to move into the mining camp.  You can begin to fight sporadically with the camp guards (who are minimal in number and move towards the camp).  Once given proper cover by the DD, you will move to place explosives on the tibanna gas wellheads and collapse the mineshafts for the following deposits. Alantium - ore used for starship hull construction Meleenium - used to create durasteel Both of them will create toxic gasses which should reduce the amount of personnel the enemy can move towards your location. Additional charges should be set at the two Rethin mines to the north of the mining camp.  However, these are better protected and should be used as a last resort.  Rethin is a dangerous element in that it boils at a relatively low temperature and turns into a noxious, corrosive gas when superheated.  The rethin on Ord Durall is supercooled as it is pumped to the surface and is stored in large tanks near to the surface.  The explosion of this amount of rethin would seriously disrupt the local geography and would likely harm both sides just as badly. Good luck.
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited January 21, 2003 2:18:29 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
January 24, 2003 1:49:22 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes looked up from his gun, he was cleaning it again, and looked around the room, now they wher housed in a temporary structure, Drogo had his back to Snipes, probly making cofee, Mara was sitting in a corner doing something Snipes didnt bother with, Swomz sleeping loudly in a cot and finaly Snipes eyes landed on Rizzit,  who was apperantly staring off into space, prbly planning for tomarro. snipes wnt back to his gun wondering if it was natural to feel like your on a high on your first mission, but ever sence the first shot was fired, Snipes had found each other shot a little more exciting. asound came from Rizzits side of room, Snipes looked up. It looked asthough Riz was goin to bed. "didnt kno leaders slept" Snipes remarked casualy twards Riz "they dont"Riz replyed"they just pretend to" Heh Heh, Snipes thought, that waas a good aswer to a stupid question. Snipes got up, picked up his new helmet and holsterd his blaster an walk twards the door, "wher are you going" came Rizzits voice "just to find TK, im gettin bored" "be back by 22hundred at the latest, remmber we have a mission tomarro" "yes sir" Snipes replyed unexcitedly. early bedtimes again, just like my mother always madde me do, he thought to himself. he left the building quikly and proceded to ask directions asto the location of the DD building, he and TK wher in for a night to nite. "Hey, Wait up!" Came a voice from behind. Snipes turned it was TK, "hear you was lookin for me"he said. "just bored adn loster thatn h***" "heh heh, you easy to find, your the only one with your helmet in your hand, not on your head" "i tyr, i realy try" "so wher to?Your compound?"TK said energeticaly, Damn dos this guy ever get tired. "No, Riz would kill me, im alread in enought trouble, haveing missed turning in a coupla reports. hows bout the "mess hall" im sure that skrawny trpr in the corners still selling drinks." "No he got busted, we now acctualy have to pay for them" "ok then your compound" "ok" they walked and talked a laoughed thier way to the barraks, it took them a good half hour to get ther, but it was only 20 hundred hours. unfortuneatly when they got ther they wher greeted buy a less than good omen, Peacemaker was standing ther waiting for TK aperantly, becaouse as soon as they got ther- "corprol, your needed in the briefing room, something has come up" Peacemaker said to TK "krappers, ah well cya Snipes" TK said "ya cya" Snipes replyed Snipes grumbled to himself, goshdangit every time he and TK wher going to go party, something came up. what could it be this time. Snipes paced around in circles for awhile and left when it was getting too dark to realy see without his goggles, so he proceded back to his camp. he saw Swomz driving a speeder around up behind him going the same direction, Snipes hailed him down and hopped in the speedr. "what are you doing out here in a barrowed speeder" Snipes queried? "just taking a drive, and lookign for something to do" "take me back to our camp plz, i need some sleep" "right0" the ride was pretty good and Swomz wasnt a bad driver, but eventualy Snipes began to doze, then SMACK! they wher at the RAIDERS camp. "nice ride Swomz" Snipes complemented "Thnx" Snipes wnt in and fell emeediatly asleep. (ooc: sry i didnt get to finish this post, my mothers maling me turn off the comp. i dont care wht you do with the very little i got to here /ooc)   ----------------------- TRP\PFC Sniping101\Raiders\2PLT\1COM\1BAT\1REG\VEA\VE [LoR] "When you annoy me it takes 42 muscels in my face to frown, Wheras it takes only three muscels to extend my arm and b*tch slap you" what? MD had to go?
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited January 24, 2003 1:51:27 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

January 25, 2003 9:30:17 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Dawn boke the next morning. It was time to break away from all the fighting, and get down to the real reason they were down here: to find what happened to the ambassador. This trade deal was important. The serapin system has many valuable resources. If they were to trade with the empire: they would have enough resouces for an empire three times it's current size. Rizzit awoke the next day to find a camp full of loud snoring troopers. Rizzit looked at his watch and noticed it was 05-Hundred hours. He also noticed the two button's that activated the sim feature on his watch. Rizzit thought to himself. "I wonder if this thing still works. I haven't used my portable simulator since Jubei and D-13 were in the squad. I got a perfect way to test this out. It'll be an unusal wake up call. The weirdest way to wake up a sleeping squad...not to mention the best practical joke I ever heard of." Then Rizzit chuckled as he pressed the green button. The whole squad was then instantly transported to Kamino. The rain was pouring and it was cold. The squad woke up in shock. They leaped to their feet as if there was an emergency. "Good morning troopers!" Rizzit said with a laugh. "Now that you're up we'll go back to the camp now." Just as Rizzit pressed the red button, thunder clapped and the RAIDERS were back in the camp. "Rizzit, WHAT was that?" questioned Snipes. "THAT, was my portable simulator. It allows me to simulate any planet, any situation that I choose. You're snoring was driving me nuts, so I decided to wake you all up with a nice, cold shower." "I'll say it was cold!!" said Swomz. "Heh. Heh." Chuckled Rizzit. "I used to use this to simulate missions, but we've had no time for it. We have real missions to complete. It's all 'hands-on.'" "Due to Rizzit's cleverness, we are all up at the same time." commented Otto. "Let's get ready to move out." "Right." said Rizzit in agreement. "Load the weapons, put on the armor, yes snipes, that includes your helmet. Bring anything you feel you need, but remember we're travelling light! That speeder will only carry so much. On top of that, we're walking a lot. I'm ready to go, so I will wait for you outside." said Rizzit as he left the temporary structure. Outside the tent, Rizzit found that Peacemaker and Solidus were waiting for him. Rizzit approached them to discuss the mission ahead. "Rizz, we need to talk. Something has been brought to my attention. Come with us to the officer's tent. There is much to talk about." said PeaceMaker. "Allright. I'll meet ya there." "OK. We will be waiting." said PeaceMaker as he and Solidus went to the tent. Rizzit went back into his camp to talk to his squad. Everyone seemed puzzled as to why Rizzit had come back in. "I need to discuss the mission with the other Squad Leaders. Otto: get the troopers ready. I will meet ya back here ASAP!" said Rizzit. "Gotcha Rizz! We'll be ready when you return." "Good. The sooner we move out, the better." said Rizzit as he left to meet Solidus and PeaceMaker at the tent. On his way there, he couldn't help but wonder what was so important-yet so secret that they needed to discuss this in private? It got him kind of worried as well. "What if this complicates the mission?" he thought. "Oh well, my troopers have been prepared. It'll be like a 'learning experience' for them." Rizzit eventually arrived at the tent and went in to find the two Squad Leaders sitting around a holo table. "Join us." invited Peacemaker as he motioned for a chair. Rizzit nodded to each of them and sat down. Now he would find out what's going on!

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
January 27, 2003 2:03:42 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
  Drogo and Swomz came over to where Shadow was sitting down on top of a box of ammunition and sat down on the ground nearby.   "What's up?" Swomz asked the senior sergeant. Shadow was still decked out in the same storm commando armor he had been wearing since the Dark Dragoons had arrived on Ord Durall. There was a standard-issue T-21 repeating rifle next to him, probably the only gun he owned that there was still ammo for in the camp.   The sergeant didn't have his helmet on, but he did have on the strange black mask he always seemed to where. The older man opened one eye to see who had had come to see him and moaned.   "I was trying to take a nap, you two. What do you want?"   Drogo frowned. "The squad leaders are all holed up in the command tent," he said.   "Yeah. And?"   "Well," Swomz answered, "what do you think they're talking about?"   "Sythspawn, man, I don't know." Shadow hopped down from the crate and began to pace back and forth in front of the two men. "They're probably just receiving the next phase of our orders from Cosmic or Fury."   "Yeah, but what do you think those will be?" Drogo asked.   Still pacing, Shadow responded, "The main part of our forces has left our new camp and headed out toward the enemies' main position. I would imagine that the two squads still here are going to use their expertise and experience to go on some kind of tripped-out special mission while the standard forces engage in a ground war."   "What the heck does that mean for us?" Swomz questioned.   "It means that the Raiders will no doubt be sent to take over part of the enemy's base, whether it be artillery or whatever. The Dark Dragoons - being the armored division - will probably head north and wipe out any remaining enemies there, just to ensure the safety of the base."   "And what about Drill Squad?" Drogo asked.   "I thought you were a Raider now."   "Well, I am. But I have a few friends in there."   Shadow shrugged. "I don't know. If I were Fury, I'd leave them here to watch the base. It's too dangerous to have newbies running around all over the place trying to play hero."   "And what if he sends the newbies off with you Dragoons," Swomz said, grinning.   Shadow stopped pacing and looked Swomz in the eyes. "Then I'll just cut off a little piece of every newbie that gets killed and send it back to your quarters in an envelope. By the time we get home, you'll have a nice-smelling room."   Swomz's eyes got real wide, but Drogo just started laughing. "That's not funny!" Swomz shouted, punching the private in the arm.   "Oh, come on," Drogo responded, "he's just kidding."   Shadow gave the private a blank stare, picked up his helmet and gun, and walked off to the Dragoons' waiting area. "No, I don't think he was," Swomz said.

-----------------------
TRP/SSGT Shadow/2SQD (Dark Dragoons)/1PLT (Wildcard)/1COMP (Phoenix)/1BAT (Dragon)/1REG (Osiris)/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

January 27, 2003 2:49:51 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Normally, holonet conversations were crisp and clear and quick.  Today, however, results were choppy and erratic.  With the advent of the New Republic in a large part of the galaxy, holonet restrictions had been lifted and replaced with game shows of all things.  The Remnant had turned to showing some limited commercial programming as well, feeds of which entered Vast Empire space.  They were clumsy at best; counterproductive drek at worst.  Even a holonovela would have beat the fluttering connection he had to Ord Durall, however.  For every piece of conversation he was able to grasp, three snippets of reply were lost to dead packets.  Most of the problem was the encryption of course.  With active jamming in the Sernpidal system, it was hard to even get sensor traffic.  However, with jamming came slicers hoping for a hit.  Thus the high overhead of tightly encrypted conversations.  As near as he could tell, Rizzit, Peacemaker, Solidus, and three commanders were hashing over plans in a tent near the base designated Alpha on his map - at least files were transferred unencumbered.  Each of the VE squads were to move out towards the enemy , with the Raiders to beat a path to the fortress, Drill to provide some economic incentive for resistance to stop their aggression, and the Dark Dragoons were to generally make a mess of things, as they liked to do. The plan seemed sound.  The real question was what to do with the VE regulars now on the ground.  As history had shown, regulars were good against an equal opposing force, but absolutely always slowed down stormtroopers.  Basically, these guys would assist in mopping up and defense, but to expect them to run alongside even the new troopers in Drill was being optomistic.  Fury continued to monitor the meeting but did not seem to be able to contribute any more. Hopefully the leaders could work it out.

-----------------------
PRF/BG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
January 27, 2003 4:34:45 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara was watching Drogo and Swomz chat with Shadow, and wondered if they were talking about what was going to happen soon.  She wondered where they would be going, or what their plans were.  The squad leaders had been in their meeting for a while... and no one had heard anything about what was going to happen... watching Shadow get up and walk out of the tent she decided to go over and talk to Drogo and Swomz... "Hey guys.. hear anything yet???"  Mara asks "Well" Swomz replies... "Shadow thinks the raiders are heading up to take over part of the enemy base.  We havent heard anything from the squad leaders yet though." "This waiting is horrible... my gun is as clean as it will ever get, I wish they would tell us what is going to happen" "Well Mara" Drogo laughs, "you know the saying, hurry up and wait, there will be plenty to do here very soon I am sure" "I have checked my comm gear..." Mara says  "Everything looks good, I am expecting a new planetary communications rig soon, and some other comm gear, I hope it gets here before we ship out on our mission, kinda hard to do my job without it.  Not much else to do but wait I guess, I cant imagin they will be much longer talking in there...they need to come out sometime" Drogo looks at his watch "bout time for us to grab some chow, our excitement for the day" Mara sighs... and thinks... enjoy the quiet time while you can, hell will break loose shortly I am sure

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL MaraJade/SQD3/PLT3/COMP1/BAT1
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
January 27, 2003 5:47:58 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OOC: sorry its so short, im waiting for the action to start!  i have deadly midterms so i might be a little slow... /OOC Jed sat on his bunk, wishing he was home where there were hot showers, real food...he sighed and glanced over at his shining gun.  He picked it up and inspected it for the 100th time, and seeing nothing else he could possible polish or shine he set it gently back down.  He decided to head out and find somethign to eat.  As he lifted the tent flap and walked out he was greeted with a hi frim a passing TK.  He walked around for a bit and came upon Mara, Swomz, Shadow, and Drogo. "Hey Jed." Swomz called. Jed lifted his head and grinned. "Hey.  Man I'm tired of waiting, even thought I've been wanting this break." "Yeah, I think EVERONE'S been saying that." Drogo chuckled. "Well it's true." Mara injected. "Yeah, well at least were prepared." Shadow said. The four squadmates headed for food they were still wondering when and where they were going...and it was driving them crazy.   ----------------------- TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Rank: Corporal My site: http://the3Djedi.150m.com Squad: Raiders "Faithful to the end..." Joined: March 28, 2002 Age: 14
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited January 27, 2003 5:50:12 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

January 27, 2003 9:48:09 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"So, we have some new forces to help us!" remarked Solidus. "I say we use them only if nessecary." commented Peacemaker. "I agree. Why should they take away from our fun?" said Rizzit. The meeting seemed to go on forever. More topics kept coming up, that couldn't be left unmentioned. They were "very important." Even the SLs were getting tired of sitting in the tent; especially Rizzit. "What of the reports of jammers in the Sernpidal system?" asked Solidus. "Jammers? I thought they were here...." remarked Rizzit. "Yes Rizz: you and your squad worked hard to take them out, but there are more jammers on local systems preventing us from making a decent connection with Serapin." answered Peacemaker. "Well, I say we head out. I am sure everyone is anxious to go. We've been in here long enough! Time for action!" urged Rizzit. "We can deal with the jammers later if we must!" Rizzit got the agreement of his fellow SLs and the three left the tent. As soon as they stepped foot out of the tent, Mara, Jed, Swomz, Shadow, and Drogo were the first to approach the Squad Leaders. "Why aren't you with the others?" asked Rizzit. "We were chatting with Shadow." replied Mara. "There was nothing else to do." remarked Jed. "Ya, well I'm sorry about that." Rizzit said. "I've got your new orders and they are:...." "Yes?" The five said in anxiety. "...to get your gear WE'RE MOVING OUT!" "Allright!" The five cheered, and rushed back to the tent to get their gear. "That's how to give the orders Rizz...." razzed Solidus. "Huh?" "Who's trying to please who `ere? You please them, or they please you?" "A little of both I'm afraid." Solidus laughed. "Well, to each 'is own I guess." "That's right. Now IF you will excuse me, I gotta go do a briefing with my troops." said Rizzit as he headed off towards the tent. On his way, he couldn't help but laugh himself at what Solidus had to say. I must be really lucky. he thought. I got a squad that works both ways. Can you beat that? Rizzit arrived at his tent, and went in to brief the troops.

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

January 28, 2003 3:38:41 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed ran back toward the tents with his sqadmates. "Finally were getting out of here!" Drogo said excitedly. "Yeah, that break was getting too long!" Jed replied. The five then began to strap on their armor.  Jed reached under his bunk and pulled out his blaster rifle and slid it into its holster.  After about 10 minutes, he was all set.  Grabbing his helmet, he ran out, and nearly ran into Swomz, who had just finished also. "Well here we go again." Swomz said. "Yep." Jed replied.  The two of them waited for the other members to get ready, then headed off toward the briefing room.  They sat around and waited for Rizzit, getting more impatient by the second.  Finally he entered. "I have some bad news...were not going anywhere..." he started. "WHAT???" Drogo jumped up. 'No way!" Jed stared. "Im just kidding guys!" Rizzit grinned. they're ready he thought to himself. "Whew you sure had us Riz!" Mara grinned. "Well, here what were gonna do..." [OOC] i don't usually like starting things off...i always mess them up...i hope the "..." is ok...[/OOC]

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

My site: http://the3Djedi.150m.com
Squad: Raiders "Faithful to the end..."
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
January 29, 2003 4:29:30 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Rizzit had finished giving the orders to the squad, when they all jumped up and cheered, some of them even hugged each other. It was the very odd thing that troopers did whe they had been cooped up to long. Otto Vox turned to his squad leader and long term friend,   "I was on a date once, and saw this holo..." "You?" Rizzit cut him off "On a date..... with a girl?"   Otto rolled his eyes at the other "Yes, with a girl. Anyways, we saw this holonovel called The Young and the Restless. I think of this bunch at times like these, and it's more like the Young and the Hopeless." The other smiled and picked up his pack and rifle. "Come on," he said "Let's get goin and get the ants out of these "young and hopeless" troopers of ours."   "Yes," Otto smirked "let's." The two stepped out of the tent and their squad formed up around them, and they headed out at a steady jog, mostly because the majority of the squad was already doing so.

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Executive Officer - Raiders Squad
XO/TRP/CE/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEEC/VE(LM)(ES)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Krath/Lion 1-4/VEDJ
"Stars, hide your fires; let not light see my black and deep desires." - Macbeth
"Fear, fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, fear is my ally." - Darth Maul
Drogo
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  68
January 29, 2003 6:15:39 PM    View the profile of Drogo 
    Drogo was happy to be starting a mission he knew something about before he was in the middle of it. He had already been thrust into the middle of two fights since he had been planet side. He was also happy that the rest of his gear finally arrived with the last transports. He had been forced to leave the majority of his possesions on the shuttle when he landed because of all the fighting going on and the fact that he was dropped off so far from base. So far he had been making do with the two blasters and small standard pack that he left the shuttle with. He was already wearing his armour, fresh with his new Raider insignia. He was proud to have been placed into an actual squad so quickly. Drogo wasn't wearing his helmet though as it was rather uncomfortable. He unpacked the rest of his gear and began to suit up.     First the private filled his pack with the necessary rations, extra blaster magazines, grenades, demolition charges, and his standard tool-kit to which he had added a few essentials. Next he fastened his two vibroblade knives to the back of his belt with the handles facing down so that they could be reached with his pack on. He drew one of the blades and it flashed as it caught the light shining through the door of the tent. He spun the knife once in has hand and made a motion as if he was grabbing a man's forehead from behind and slitting his throat. He returned the blade to its sheath and looked at his blaster rifles. He debated whether or not he should even bring a rifle. It would only slow him down with the addition of all his new demolition equipment. He decided against taking it and removed all the extra rifle magazines from his belt and pack. He replaced them with pistol cartridges and smiled approvingly at his decission. Next he removed the standard holster from his belt and replaced it with some extra grenades. Then Drogo picked up his underarm holsters and put them on. He had to loosen the straps a bit to fit around his armour. Then he picked up a plain brown box. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and then opened it. Inside there were two identical power 5 heavy blaster pistols. They were the weapons that Jabba's men had used to murder his parents when he was a boy on Tatooine. Every time Drogo looked at the weapons he felt anger welling up inside him that only seemed to be released when he pulled the trigger. He picked up one of the blasters and turned it over in his hand a few times, reliving the events of that horrible night. Drogo was pulled out of his trance when a hand fell on his shoulder and caused him to jump a bit.     He turned to see Shadow laughing at his nervous response to a tap on the shoulder. "Hey," said Drogo. "What brings you here?"     "Just wanted to tell you to take care of yourself before you headed out," replied Shadow. "I didn't expect to get a laugh though. Haha," he chuckled again.     "Well thanks," the private responded not really sure of what to say. Shadow usually seemed reserved and rather apethetic towards the other troopers. The only person he seemed to care about was himself and that didn't happen often. When you've been a soldier long enough  I guess you learn not to care about your fellow troopers since they come and go so quickly Drogo thought to himself. He decided not to ponder why Shadow appeared to have taken a liking to him and checked over his pistols. After loading them he spun them both backwards twice and then crossing his arms put them both in their respective holsters. He put on his pack and checked the commlink in his helmet.     Shadow was still smiling when Drogo looked back at him. "What do you think you are? Some sort of mercenary?," asked the sergeant. "Come on now. Twin pistols, twin knives, and enough explosives to level a settlement."     "This coming from the guy who carries a katana on his back," replied Drogo.     "I guess I'm not one to talk then, am I?" said Shadow.     Just then Rizzit came in. "Time to move out, Drogo," he said. Drogo and Shadow looked at each other and nodded some sort of unspoken understanding between them. Then Drogo walked out of the tent. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      That was earlier today and now the Raiders had covered most of the distance to the hill they had been instructed to take. When they were just outside of the enemy sensor range Rizzit ordered them to a halt.     "Mara, get on the comm and tell Peacmaker to start the bombardment," he ordered. The lance corporal did as ordered and within seconds the Dark Dragoons were sending a thick barrage onto the enemy hilltop. Artillery began to explode and the troopers could here faint screams from the hilltop ahead. Drogo could only imagine the chaos that must be taking place up there. After several minutes The Dragoons stopped firing and the hilltop was silent.     "Alright, Raiders," said Rizzit. "Let's move out and take this hill."     Drogo drew his pistols and spun the one in his right hand around once. Here we go he thought to himself. The squad began to sprint across the ground between themselves and the hill. They covered it in almost no time at all and began to mount the hill. Suddenly there was a large blast just to the right of the squad that sent half of the Raiders sprawling on their faces. Rizzit ordered everyone to get behind an outcropping of rocks to their left for cover.     "Find out what's going on up there," ordered Rizzit. "We can't see anything from this angle."     Mara got on the comm and contacted the Dragoons. Peacemaker was watching the whole thing through his binoculars. He informed them that one of the guns was still functioning well enough to keep them pinned down even though it had looked like it was put out of action during the bombardment. Peacemaker also told them that they were too close for the Dragoons to safely fire on the enemy artillery without risking the raiders. Rizzit pondered what to do for some time. Finally he turned to Drogo.     "It looks like you get to prove yourself sooner than we thought, private," he said. "Take two people and nuetralize that gun. We'll try and distract it the best we can while you make your way up the left side of this hill."     With that Drogo, Swomz and Snipes went around the left of the rocks and began to make their way up the hill while the rest of the Raiders laid down cover fire from behind the rocks. The group moved relativly unnoticed and were soon within sight of the gun just below the summit of the hill. Surprisingly it was unguarded and controled from a bunker further down the slope of the hill. Swomz and Snipes stayed back a bit to cover Drogo in case anyone showed up while Drogo went ahead to place the charges on the gun. Drogo set the remote frequency on the detonators and went back to join up with the other two troopers. He blew the gun and then got on the comm with Rizzit.     "The gun is destroyed," said Drogo. "It should just be infantry now."     "Roger that," said Rizzit. "We'll meet you in the middle."     As he finished speaking a squad of enemy sodiers came into sight on their way to see what had happened to the gun. Drogo looked at the other two and drew his pistols. "You heard the man. Let's get to the middle." With that the troopers jumped from behind their cover and charged the enemy squad, yelling loudly. They took the enemy completely by surprise and made quick work of them. Then they continued to meet up with the rest of the raiders. [OOC: Swomz and Snipes, I hope you don't mind that I brought you along. I enjoyed the company though, haha. Anyway, Raiders we're not done on this hill yet. We're working our way to the control bunker I talked about earlier, Swomz, Snipes and I from the top and the rest of you from the bottom. Just work your way through until we meet up. We should only have infantry to work against but if you want to throw in a twist of some sort(make it legitimate) that's good too. I would like to see a post from at least one person from each group before we meet up but as long as we get to the bunker it's all good. See you all in the bunker.]

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Drogo/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/
VE [LoR]
A.K.A PO1 TwinFury. Former Aegis(LustHawk) 3 and 5, Flight Leader Aegis flight 2, Astral Guard member, and MRR(Marine Recon and Rescue) Officer.
"Disarm you with a smile and leave you like they left me here, to wither in denial."
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
January 31, 2003 11:50:05 AM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara looked at the hill and thought to herself, piece of cake...  she felt better hearing that Drogo, Swomz and Snipes eliminated much of the enemy and that one gun that was pinning them down was finally out of commission.  Rizzit shouted "Mara stay close to me... might need comm"... following closely they made their way up the hill towards the control bunker.  Mara heard Drogo's voice checking in on the comm  "Mara this is Drogo...what is your status?"  "Drogo, we are pushing through some light resistance, maybe a quarter of the way up the hill... no problems yet, what's your status?"  static... Mara waited.. more static, "DROGO" Mara yelled, "WHAT IS YOUR STATUS?" nothing but static, Mara looked for Rizzit, to let him know the status... when a shout came from the comm... "Mara... heavy resistance, almost to the halfway point... all infantry that I can see... there is a ... " static.. Mara caught up to Rizzit and filled him in on the three fighters position... Rizzit, looked around, "Mara keep trying on the comm.. we need to get up there asap... try to find out what we are walking into"  Rizzit shouted orders " we need to get up there NOW!  we have some of our men pinned up there... we need to get them out!"  and with that the raiders ran, shooting their way through all opposition making their way towards where they think their men are...  Mara yelled on the comm.. receiving nothing but static in return...

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL MaraJade/SQD3/PLT3/COMP1/BAT1
Peacemaker
ComNet Sultan

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

January 31, 2003 12:04:14 AM    View the profile of Peacemaker 
with the enemys big guns destroyd, the Raiders had now only Infantry as their opponents. Peacemaker stood at the top of one of his Tanks and scanned the Area. "Nothing to see, but that means nothing. There could be a docen Tanks behind that hill, waiting to attack us. We have to patroul the Area to find it out if there are any Enemy Vehicles left. Allright Gentleman, rdy to move out, Standard Formation. Keep an eye on the Radar Screen if anything apears what shouldnt be there, we destroy it first, then we ask who it is." The Dragoons started the Engines and the Convoy moved out, the Tanks in Standard Formation with the rest of the Troopers walking between them, allways a eye at the top of any hill in the area if there is something. "Peacemaker grapped his Com and called Rizit "Peacemaker here, hows its going up there?" trough the com he heard shoots and explosions, Rizits voice was hard to hear....."We engaged the Enemy, still fighting ..............we..............i........" Riz, i cant understand you, can you reply what you said" "I said, we .... fighting..... Enemy.........I tell you later more" Peacemaker put his com away and looked up to the hill, where atm a major battle is going on, then he payd again attention to his scanners ....

-----------------------
Evil Clone from Warmaker
Nobody argue with you when you aim with an Heavy Blaster Riffle at him

Squad Leader from the Dark Dragoons

SL/SSG Peacemaker/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Drogo
ComNet Novice

January 31, 2003 9:43:15 PM    View the profile of Drogo 
Drogo muttered curses under his breath as he listened to Mara's voice slowly fade to static. They were close to the bunker now and radio signals were getting crossed. The private sat with his back to a rock with blaster bolts flying over his head. The enemy infantry was fighting with a fierceness and desperation only possible of those defending their own homeland and their numbers were also greater than they had estimated. Drogo looked to his left to see Swomz on his stomach peering around the corner of a rock similar to the one he was using for cover. He had his blaster rifle in hand and was putting his markmanship to good use picking off anyone foolish enough to raise even an inch of their head above their cover. Sniping was just to Drogo's right behind the same rock and was periodically standing up to let loose a spray of bolts in order to draw some of the heat from Swomz while Drogo was trying to get through on the comm. "These blasted things never work when you really need them" Drogo thought to himself as he resorted to simply beating the part of his helmet that housed the transmitter.     Drogo knew that they couldn't just sit there too much longer or they would simply be over run and he couldn't see any way out short of running for their lives simply to be mowed down by repeater fire from the enemy position. He hoped that the rest of the Raiders were having more luck on the bottom side of the hill. If they could make it through and draw off some of the heat then Drogo, Swomz, and Snipes might have a chance of getting "un-pinned".     Snipes was reloading his blaster rifle when suddenly Swomz shouted from behind his rock. "Heads up! They're trying to rush us!" he shouted.     Snipes finished reloading just as Drogo lobbed a grenade over his head and the rock. "Wait for it," he said to Snipes as he drew his pistols from their underarm holsters and spun them backwards one time in his hands. There was a loud bang and Drogo shouted, "Now!". He leaped up and quickly took down three enemy infantry with his dual pistol fire as the dirt from the explosion rained down on his helmet. Snipes followed his lead and had two kills before he even bothered to pick a target and aim. With the help of Swomz they picked of several more enemy infantry and forced them to withdraw back to the outer bunker wall which they had been using for cover.     "Watch your flank," Drogo shouted to Swomz assuming that the direct charge on their position had merely been a diversion.     "Likewise," replied Swomz as he worked his way onto one knee and tried to position himself so that his rock would offer cover from the bunker and his exposed left flank.     Drogo had guessed right. Within a matter of minutes both of their flanks were being attacked. Drogo risked exposing himself to stand up and heave a grenade over Swomz's head. The drenade exploded as the frontrunners aproached it. It sent one flying into the air in thi opposite direction of his left leg and sent two others sprawling to the ground. He watched Swomz pick off the first two infantry through the smoke left by the grenade and then turned to help Snipes defend his own flank. Sniping had already killed three troopers who were foolish enough to stay bunched together as they charged. Drogo lobbed two grenades towards the oncoming soldiers and drew his pistols ceremoniously spinning them backwards in his hands. It was a ritual he had developed for every time he drew his weapons in preparation for an ensuing fight rather than drawing them in haste for self defense. The grenades exploded right in the middle of the first group up the hill and sent most of them flying through the ari or falling limply to the ground. Drogo took down two of the front runners that made it through while Snipes took care of the third. This went on for several minutes that seemed to drag on for hours and despite everything the troopers could do the enemy soldiers were slowly gaining ground. The enemy was making what was sure to be the final push when Drogo heard shots being fired from the bunker below but didn't see or hear any bolts flying past his position. The blasts sounded like they were staying in the trench. He turned back to his flank to see a large group of infantry making anouther push on their position. He then turned his head back to see the same thing on Swomz's side.     "It was nice knowing you guys," Swomz yelled.     All Drogo could do was smirk a bit. He didn't know what to say because he hadn't expected to die this early in his career. He began to fire into the oncoming group of enemy soldiers when torrent of blasts came flying up from down the hill and cut down the attackers on both sides. One woudn't be able to tell with their helmets on but the three troopers exchanged very confused and worried glances. The troopers slowly peered around the rocks to get a handle on the change in the situation. Drogo couldn't see anyone behind the bunker but his comm began to crackle with life and he heard a familiar voice.     "The cavalry's here," said Mara.     "It's about, don't you think," replied Drogo.     "Rizzit says to get down to the bunker, boys," said Mara. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     The three troopers made their way down to the bunker to meet up with the rest of the squad. The other Raiders were amid the boddies that were strewn about the bunker's outer wall. They had arrived in the nick of time and Drogo was thankful. They reached the bunker and exchanged hellos with the rest of their comrades.     "How did you all fare coming up?" asked Swomz.     "There wasn't too much resistance," replied Rizzit. "Most of their attention seemed to be focused on your pyrotechnics display, Drogo."     "It gave me shivers to see that gun go up in a briiliant explosion," added Otto.     "We'll go over details later," said Rizzit. "Right now we still have this bunker to deal with."     "Why don't I just blow the doors shut, Sir?" asked Drogo. "We don't have any idea how many more guys they could be hiding in there."     "Negative, private," said Rizzit. "We might be able to find some information about the ammbassador in there, or at least something about the defences in the town we're headed to next. Swomz, you stay here and watch the door. The rest of you split into groups of two and work your way through the bunker complex. Maintain radio contact and meet back here at eleven hundred hours. Move out!"     Drogo stuck with Sniping and they began to make their way down a small coridor off of the main hallway. The sweat was trickling down Drogo's forehead as he made his way down the narrow hallway. There was a door to the right at the end of the hallway. Drogo pressed his back to the wall as he neared the door and Snipes quickly ran to the other side of the door and did likewise.     "Is there anyone in there?" Drogo called out. There was no reply and the troopers heard no signs of motion in the room. Drogo nodded to Snipes and swungs around to enter the room with his pistols leveled. Sniping followed his lead and the two quickly secured the empty room. The room was filled with maps and communications equipment along with other documents and things that Drogo didn't recognize. They had unwittingly found the bunkers control room.     "Holy s##t," Drogo said in astonnishment as he holstered his blasters. He got on his commlink, "Rizzit, I think you might want to get down here. Snipes and I seem to have found the control room."     "Roger that. What's you're position?" came Rizzit's response.     "Second corridor on your left off from the main. It's the last and only door," replied Drogo.     "We'll see you there," said Rizzit as Drogo switched off his comm.     They were looking over the documents they had found when suddenly the door to one of the metal personel lockers along the wall flew open with a crash. Drogo quickly drew his pistols and whirled around firing a shot in the direction of the noise and bring his other blaster to rest on the main door to the room. An enemy soldier had tried to get the drop on them while they weren't paying attention but Drogo had put a blaster bolt right through his head. Just the Rizzit, who had sped down the hallway when he heard the commotion, burst into the door to see one of Drogo's pistols aimed at his face. He stopped dead in his tracks as Drogo, realizing why he stopped, holstered his pistols.     "Sorry, boss," said Drogo. "I wasn't sure who was running down the hall when this guy decided to jump out of this locker."     "You're forgiven," said Rizzit. "What have you found?"     "Well," said Drogo, " I think you should have a look at these." He said this as he handed Rizzit the documents that had been on the table. [OOC: I'm not really sure what the deal is with the ambassador so I'll let someone else explain that. Whichever Raider picks this up next start moving us towards enemy HQ. We should only counter minimal resistance.]

-----------------------
VE [LoR]
A.K.A PO1 TwinFury. Former Aegis(LustHawk) 3 and 5, Flight Leader Aegis flight 2, Astral Guard member, and MRR(Marine Recon and Rescue) Officer.
"Disarm you with a smile and leave you like they left me here, to wither in denial."
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

January 31, 2003 9:47:12 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Geez, I dunno. Map?  Check Orders?  Yeah, that too. Pages worth of IRC conversation about this mission?  That too. Basically, the way I see it, all squads have their missions and are in the following states. Dark Dragoons - giving fire support to the Raiders Raiders - moving ahead with infiltrating the enemy nearest them Drill - assembling supplies and preparing to make their move as soon as the DD is able to cover them And that's from a more-or-less outsiders view.

-----------------------
PRF/BG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
February 1, 2003 12:04:56 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
A dot was seen the Horizon... It was coming closer... "DD Tanks, this TK, i'm coming towards the convoy with a STAP, dont fire from the north" TK  whispered. "Roger that Corporal, move in" Peacemaker replied. TK then flew slowly beside Peacemaker's tank. "Sir, we've got enemies coming from the north, 3 armors, 2 platoons of infantry and from what i can see, around 2 Interplanetary fighters. They might be IRDs sir, but It might also be Tantos, I could just barely made out the shape." TK shouted. "Looks like they were planning an ambush we'll move just 2 clicks away to ambush them so we are still not that far from the Raiders." Peacemaker replied...

-----------------------
TRP David "TK-112" Bowman
Corporal - (SPEC:T-VC)
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army
TRP/CPL TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Hmm, I'm an NCO already?"
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
February 1, 2003 12:19:24 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
[OOC: Guess who is back /OOC]     Swomz watched the others split into groups of two and infiltrate the bunker.  He settled behind an anti-infantry gun emplacement which had been melted by a grenade.  He hefted his blaster rifle and pulled out his macrobinocs to make sure no enemy troopers were sneaking up on him.  He detected a faint movement within some trees about 50 yards away and grinned.  He pulled up his rifle and sighted along the barrel.  A second later scattered blaster fire pinged around him.  He fired into the bushes and got a satisfying cry of pain.  The blaster bolts kept coming, and Swomz settled back into his gun emplacement.  He continued looking around to make sure he wasn't being flanked and then peered over the top of his emplacement and scattered a few more shots into the bushes.     Just as he was admiring his handy work, four enemy troopers charged him.  He pulled up his rifle and depressed the trigger...but he was out of ammo.  He blinked in surprise and when he found that his pistols power pack was also depleted he scowled and pulled out his twin vibroblades.  Just as the first of the enemy reached him, he heard a war cry coming from his rear.  He turned to find Drogo charging back out, rifle blazing, Drogo hit the other three troopers, but Swomz had already come into contact with the other, so Drogo couldn't get a clear shot.  The trooper swung the butt of his rifle at Swomz's head, missing by a good 30 centimeters as Swomz ducked and stabbed his vibroblade through the back of his enemy's knee.  The wounded soldier cried out in pain and then Drogo shot him in the chest, killing him instantly.     "Thanks, Drogo," Swomz said, "I owe you one."     "No, you owe one to the blaster pistol I left on that rock over there," Drogo said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.  Drogo jogged to an enemy trooper and pulled out the power pack from his blaster rifle and tossed it to Swomz.  "Hear you go, you may want to get some more, too, just in case."     "Thanks again, Private," Swomz said, "Now I thionk it's time you get back to the bunker."     Drogo nodded and ran back in.  Swomz found a couple more power packs and settled into his emplacement again.  Maybe rear-guard wouldn't be so boring after all, he thought...

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Swomz
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Wow, that was a damn big explosion." -Swomz
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 1, 2003 6:58:02 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
It was very ironic that MaraJade should get paired up with Rizzit. They were people of two different positions, two different specialties, two different races even. So why did Rizzit get paired up with her? Rizzit felt that those who did not have much experience using a rifle should either get paired with the more experienced troopers. A tragedy was the last thing they needed, as it would only set them back. As shown with her lack of experience, Mara could not aim as well as Rizzit and some of the others. This was to be expected though. Although she was exceptional in other areas, she still had much to learn about firing a rifle. Still, she stayed "Faithful to the End!" and continued to fire. She used twice the ammo as a regular trooper, because she fired twice to get an enemy. Which was very good for someone fresh out of Drill, but something that would need work in a training simulator. There was no time for that now, they needed to reach the top of the hill. Mara gave Rizzit a surprise when she took out two troopers using one shot each. "WOW!" said Rizzit. "Great shot!" "Thanks. After a while, you get the hang of this thing." replied Mara. "EXACTLY! That is why I never harp on training people with target practice. It's something they learn to do." said Rizzit, not willing to admit what his opinions really were."Com'on! Otto is just up ahead. Let's meet up with him and Jed." "okay." said Mara sheepishly. "There's strength in numbers I guess..."

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1]
Drogo
ComNet Novice

February 2, 2003 2:40:06 PM    View the profile of Drogo 
    Drogo took off his helmemt and sat in one of the control room chairs while Rizzit looked through the documents they had found in the enemy bunker. He figured he might as well take the time to relax as long as they weren't moving for a change. It was nearly the middle of the afternoon and aside from the short respite while the Dark Dragoons shelled the hill the day had been nothing but fighting since early morning. Jed and Snipes had been sent to replace Swomz at the back door and Swomz made his way back to the control room.     "What happened to that guy?" Swomz asked about the dead man in the middle of the floor as he entered the room.     "He decided to curse at me before he snuck up and shot me in the back," Drogo said with a smile. "How were things at the back door?"     "Pretty quiet after you left," replied Swomz. "Thanks for the extra ammo by the way."     "Don't thank me," said Drogo. "Thank the dead enemy soldier I took the rifle from. I usually just carry my pistols since I have to lug all this demolition equipment around."     "I'll be sure to tell him on the way out," Swomz said while laughing. "What's Rizzit doing?"     "Trying to find something out about this ambassador guy we've been looking for. He's been burried in those papers for a while now," answered Drogo. "You might as well have a seat while you have the chance."     With that Swomz sat and propped his head on his pack. Drogo laid his head on the back of his chair and closed his eyes for a quick rest. He quickly drifted off and slept for a good twenty minutes before he was roused by Otto shaking him rather violently.     "Time to move out," said the Raider's executive officer. "Let's get on the hop."     "Oh, right," said Drogo as he attempted to shake off the drowsiness. "How long was I out?"     "Long enough," replied Otto. "Now let's go."     They made there way to the back door of the bunker where the rest of the Raiders were already assembled. Rizzit informed them that the ambassador was supposed to still be in the enemy headquarters but there had been no news of the assassin and there was no way to say for sure if the enemy was still occupying the same areas reported by the last scouting mission. Unless they found more information on the way the Raiders were going to head norhteast from their current position to the enemy HQ.  Rizzit ordered them to get out their rations and have a quick meal. After that they moved out to shed some light on the ambassadorial situation.

-----------------------
VE [LoR]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 2, 2003 9:41:14 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The RAIDERS opened up their lunch boxes. The food was not the best, but it was better than starving. Otto and Rizzit rushed through the food as sunrise came. Many were still eating, so the SL and XO decided they would rest for a change. The troopers needed a well-deserved meal, and they needed a rest. Finally, after Swomz had eaten every last crumb of his breadsticks (at least they looked like breadsticks) Rizzit and Otto got off the rocks they were sitting on. "Okay everyone, let's move out. It's daytime now, so it should be easy to see." "Won't that make it more obvious where we are?" asked Drogo. "Yes, but at the same time we have a better group of soldiers than they do. Let's go." As ordered, the lunch boxes were closed and packed away if they had not already been. With high hopes of breaking through enemy forces, they moved closer to finding the ambassador with every step. They were on the road, when the3djedi heard some tanks and explosions nearby. "Rizzit, Otto, did you guys hear that?" he asked. "Ya Jed. Why don't ya go check it out? Give us a call on the com-link if ya need some backup." "Okay Rizz. I'll let ya know what I see." The3djedi went ahead to go see what the explosions were. Not knowing who or what could be ahead, he did it anyways. He was one of those troopers that did anything and everything they could for the squad, someone Rizzit and Otto were proud to have amoungst them. Jed crept along the walls of the mountainous terrain, so that he would not leave footprints. When he did something, he was very cautious about doing it, as not to give away his position and/or what he was doing.

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 2, 2003 10:33:22 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed ran steathly ahead, wary of the danger that he was in.  More explosions rattled ahead, and he picked up his pace slightly.  Suddenly he came upon a small group of enemies, who jumped up and opened fire as soon as they saw him.  He fell to the ground and rolled to his side, firing his blaster as he did.  One of the men fell, then he realized he was out of ammo.  He leaned up against a tree being blasted by laser, and prayed it would hold up.  He pulled out his two pistols and closed his eyes for a brief second.  He turned and blasted away, norrowly missing being hit by lasers that were flashing by.  Then, just as it started, it was over.  He holsered his weapons, and proceeded to head toward the sounds he had heard.  As he got closer to the sounds, he slowed down, hoping that he could reveal anything that might surprise him.  He came to a clearing and observed the smoldering remains of some sort of battle machine.  He went closer, but his instinc told him to stay away.  Suddenly the hatch opened and a thermal detonator flew toward him.  His instinct is what saved him--he dove out of the way as the detonator flew past his head and exploded sending shards of metal into his leg.  He refrained from moving as the person got out of the vehicle and walked over toward him.  As the man bent over him, he whipped out his ryyk blades and in less than a second he had dismembered the man's head and arms.  He tried standing up, but he fell back down as pain shot through his left leg.  Grunting he tired again, and he did manage to stand up, but he realized he couldn't travel very far in his current condition.  Just what a scout needs he though.  He crawled to the shelter of the ruined vehicle, he didn't even recognize it.  He pulled out his comlink and tried contacting Rizzit. "Rizzit, this is Scout the3Djedi...come in..." Jed spoke into the comlnk. "*static*...This is Riz, come in Jed.." "I have located whatever was making that sound...in fact, i'm inside of it..." "What?" "Some walker type thing I think...some guy popped out and threw a grenade at me..." "Interesting..are you OK?" "Not really, I have some metal stuck in my leg, but nothing a decent med kit cant fix...hopefully" "OK Jed, ill have Mara and Drogo come get you." "Thanks, I should be ok her--uh oh..." "What now?...Jed?" "Something's approaching...they might be able to intercept what were saying, im out!" "Roger we'll be right there...*static*" Jed thumbed off the the comlinnk and began to look arount at whatever he was inside of.  I knew I should have taken that heavy machinery course back home he though.  His attention went back to the noises outside.  He hoped they would see whatever he was in as a smoldering wreck and ignore it.  He checked his blasters and made sure they were loaded.  He was ready for anything.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

My site: http://the3Djedi.150m.com
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 3, 2003 10:49:58 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Everybody move out!" Rizzit ordered. "Swomz, TJ and JR move on ahead. Find Jed, we will meet up with you shortly." "Um, excuse me Rizzit; but why are we moving on ahead of you if we are all going there?" asked Swomz. "Well, Jed needs medical attention. We need to get there eventually, but you're the medic here. I am sending my most experienced Combat Engineer and Dark Jedi Knight/Sharpshooter to accompany you as your bodie gaurds." "Okay sir. I am glad to do what I can." replied Swomz, satisfied with Rizzit's answer. "TJ, JR, take care of him." said Rizzit. "I'll take the squad on to meet you. Get to Jed ASAP! He's got enemy trouble as well." "We will. See ya soon." As Rizzit ordered, the 3 RAIDERS left the squad to go find the3djedi. While the rest of the RAIDERS remained. After they had gone out of sight, Otto went over to Rizzit. "Rizz, why didn't you send Mara and Drogo as you said?" Otto asked. "I am not going to send my three newest troops out on their own. They have exceptional skills, but they are not ready to be sent on their own just yet. Besides, a Jedi Knight is good to have for a bodygaurd don't you agree?" replied Rizzit. "True, but I'll bet ya 100 ICs that Swomz slows the other two down." he teased. "You're on. Heck, make it 200." "Oooh! This is good! I'm going to make MONEY!" "We will see. Everyone, let's go!" Rizzit ordered. The rest of the RAIDERS headed out to find their other squadmates. Rizzit hoped that Swomz could get to the3djedi soon. If not, things would not be looking good for either the3djedi or the RAIDERS. Things were not looking good anyways, the squad was split in two groups; leaving them vunerable to an ambush. For their own safety, Rizzit pulled out his comlink. "Peacemaker this is Rizzit do you copy?" "I copy. Your transmission is clearer this time." "Ya weird isn't it. Anyways, please keep an eye on us and send some kind of support if we need it. Our squad is split in two, and I don't want to start a war if we don't have to." "Roger that Rizz. No prob. I'll take care of things up here with some bombardment. You just do what ya need to do. After all, we're here to back you up remember?" "Oh, Right! Well, thanks. I'll be in touch over!" Rizzit closed the comlink connection, and marched on with his half of the squad. He was more at ease knowing that they could count on some assistance from the Dark Dragoons if need be, which was of more assurance than anyone could realize at the time.

-----------------------
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
February 3, 2003 4:19:41 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
[OOC:] Otto wins but it wasn't my fault...[/OOC]     Swomz, TJ, and JR headed out, with TJ in the lead ready to behead any enemies and JR behind to cover their asses.  Swomz kept accidently dropping his equipment, annoying TJ and slowing them down until TJ used the Force to carry the repeat offenders.  They were closing on Jed's position when they saw seven enemy troopers converging on the smoldering remains where Jed was hiding.  TJ leaped out in front, a blur of motion as he decapitated the first enemy and severed the next at the waist.  JR jumped in the fray with his heavy rifle and shot one trooper who was bearing down on TJ with a repeating blaster. Swomz moved around them up to Jed who was trying to watch the others work their magic, but remain somewhat concealed at the same time.     "Hey, Jed, buddy, what the hell happened to you?" Swomz queried as he pulled out his scalpal and tweezers.     Jed looked at them in shock and Swomz repeated the question.  Jed gulped and said, "Damn enemy, used a thermal detonator.  Almost got out of the way, but I still got hit in the leg.  You aren't gonna use that sh*t on me, are you?"     "Sure as hell am, but don't worry, I am gona pump you full of some nice painkillers first," Swomz laughed as he pulled out a box and handed two pills to Jed.  "Down the hatch young man."     After Jed took the anesthetic, Swomz spread an antibody around the wound to lessen the chance of infection.  He pulled on gloves, goggles, and a mask and went to work.  He cut open the parts of Jed's leg with shrapnel so he could see better and then used the tweezer to pull them out.  When he was done he had made three smallish cuts and pulled out seven metallic fragments.  He cleaned the wound and put an antibody on it.  He finished by wrapping it with some gauze.     "Hey, JR, I need your help.  You are gonna have to help me carry Jed.  TJ, you get to play foreward guard now.  First, let's lift him onto the stretcher.  One, two, three," Swomz heaved Jed onto the stretcher with JR's help.  "Alright, now let's move, on three again.  One, two, three."     They lifted Jed up and were off.  They only encountered resistance once on their trip to meet Rizzit, but TJ made quick work of the unsuspecting clerk and his bodyguards.  They reached where Rizzit had planned on being at that point in time, but all they found was blaster charring...and Rizzit's burned rifle.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Swomz
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1]
"Wow, that was a damn big explosion." -Swomz
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

February 3, 2003 7:47:06 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Hey! Teej! Over here!" yelled Otto as he ran towards TJ. "Otto, where is Rizz? Is he...." TJ started. "Don't even think it Teej!" Rizzit interrupted. "Rizzit, you're....ALIVE? How is that possible?" gasped JR. "Of course. While it would give me pleasure to die with my squad, I am NOT going to leave them without an SL. If that trooper didn't have a flamethrower, I would not have lost my lucky rifle. I'll just have to use my spare. How's Jed doing? Is he okay?" "He's fine. He just needs to rest a bit." replied Swomz. "Good job Swomz. Looks like you're going to be of use after all. Hmmm...let's look for a cave somewhere. Or at least somewhere we can set up shelter. Everyone, let's move out." The RAIDERS marched out two by two with the exception of jed, who rode on a stretcher in the middle. They went on for nearly an hour, when they found a cave blocked by a boulder. Rizzit ordered a halt, and ordered the squad to wait while he and Drogo went to inspect the cave. After getting help from the squad to roll back the stone, Rizzit and Drogo went in. Once inside, Rizzit pulled out a laser light and inspected the cave. "Looks abandoned..." said Drogo. "Yea, looks like we'll be spending the night here. Let's go!" said Rizzit. Rizzit and Drogo emerged from the cave only to find the squad anxiously awating them. Drogo joined the rest of his squad members, while Rizzit got everyone's attention. "Night will be upon us soon. We'll spend the night here. Otto and I will take the first watch. The rest of you may sleep until it is your turn." "Will we be in teams for this Rizz?" asked JR. "Of course. Let's see, it's now 17:00. We'll all go inside and have a meal. At 18:00 we will start the watch. You are all free to do as you wish, but when Otto and I return at 21:00 you had better be sleeping. There will be 4 three-hour watches and here are the teams: -First watch: Otto and me -Second watch: Drogo and JR -Third watch: TJ and Mara -Fourth Watch Swomz and Snipes Any questions?" A silence was heard from all. "Good." said Rizzit. "Let's eat! You've all earned it!" With hunger and weariness set in, the RAIDERS entered the cave and dug out some food. Everyone shared some extra food with Jed, as he needed nourishment to recover. Even if nourishment meant eating more rotten food than usual. One thing he didn't have to worry about was getting fat. The food was too bad to make anyone fat....   ----------------------- Platoon Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart Wildcard Platoon Raider's Squad Leader Army of the Vast Empire SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1] "Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited February 3, 2003 7:58:25 PM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

February 3, 2003 8:20:24 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed groaned as JR handed him more of the food. "This stuff must have been made to make us stay awake." he commented ruely. "Heh, just be glad we have that." Drogo grinned. "You're lucky to be in one piece Jed." Swomz commented. "Heh, thanks...I--zzzzz" Jed fell asleep in midsentence. "What?..." Drogo looked at Swomz in alarm. "Heh, those painkillers are working...working better than I thought." Swomz grinned. Drogo shook his head.  "I never understood medics." "Haha, you never will!" Swomz laughed. "Guys we should be asleep by now, Riz'll be back any time." Snipes commented. "Yeah." Mara agreed. "I'm bushed anyways." Jed groaned again and tried to roll over. Swomz looked at him, then settled down for sleep. --------------------- Outside, Rizzit and Otto were standing guard.  Otto looked down at his watch and saw the time was 20:56.  Four minutes to go.  He sighed and began to pace, wondering when this long mission would be over.  He looked up quickly as Rizzit's comlink buzzed.  Riz unhooked it from his belt and thumbed it on. "*static*.help righ...way...eed...inf...ements...*static*" "What?" Rizzit looked alarmed as the comlink signal went dead.  Suddenly it came back on. "Rizzit, this is Peacemaker, do you copy." "Yeah I'm here.  What the hell was that?" "I think it's the enemies.  They're somehow using the same frequency we are.." "Oh...I thought it was you for a sec." Rizzit sighed with relief. "Yeah, but now we gotta change frequency." "Roger that." Peacemaker said a jumble of numbers and RIzzit relpied, "Gotcha.  Be in touch."  then thumbed the comlink off. "Weird day, hasn't it?" Otto commenty dryly. "You can say that again.  Oh look, its 21:01, were late.  Lets go back in." Rizzit said. "Roger." Otto said as he followed his SL into the cave.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
February 4, 2003 2:16:27 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"With due respect sir, I think we are running low on ammunition after the last fight, those Tanto Fighters are just too fast, that fighter that just escaped is sure to come with re-inforcements." TK suggested as he sat down. "Corporal, we have no other choices, if we the the Raiders go through without us watching, who knows what will come sneaking up from the back. Our orders are to cover them with everything we've got, do you understand that!?" Peacemaker replied. "Yes Sergeant!...but if we have no ammunition, what will we protect them with sir?" TK politely asked. "We got trouble! incoming from all sides, HEAVILY ARMED!!!" Darkjedi shouted. "I KNEW THOSE BASTARDS WOULD COME BACK!" TK shouted. "Shut up Corporal, Everyone defensive formation A!" Peacemaker commanded. The three Privates hesitantly fired at the incoming troops while the NCOs open fired at just about anything that moves, but TK on the other hand was trying to start his STAP so he can provide Strafing runs...Suddenly it was silent. "What the hell...do you think they've discovered us Sir?" Darkjedi whispered. "I dont think so, keep your guns loaded troops" He whispered back. "ALLRIGHT, NOBODY MOVE!!! Give up you're surrounded!" A Militiaman shouted. The Dark Dragoons (except for TK who's behind the bushes) put their hands on their heads. "NEVER!!!!!"TK shouted as he beheaded a militiaman with his sword...   ----------------------- TRP David "TK-112" Bowman Corporal - (SPEC:T-VC) 1.2SQD Vast Empire Army TRP/CPL TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE "Hmm, I'm an NCO already?" [OOC]I believe I need to be the first one to ask: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? First rule of storywriting in a group setting:  ALWAYS clear any major plot changes with your SL. I will leave this mess to Peacemaker to clean up. Why? Cuz I would just otherwise delete it outright. - Fury[/OOC] [OOC] Fu, this aint no major change, we're still outside, but in my last post, I wrote how ther were an ambush team in the field. All I'm saying is that we're outside the complex, just ambushed....[/OOC] [Re-OOC] If you even knew how many people have contacted me and wanted me to deal with this serious illogical plot twist to the story, you would shut the hell up and learn a little freaking respect.  It IS a major change, it IS glory-hounding, and it IS a plot twist you would be courteous enough to let someone know about beforehand. I COULD have deleted this outright, but instead I am leaving it to your SL to decide if he can salvage a story line out of this.  Have your day big man as your glory showboating still has a possibility of surviving.  But remember, no one person is better than his squad and we don't do superhero storywriting here. [/Re-OOC]
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited February 5, 2003 1:57:39 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited February 5, 2003 2:44:53 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Ord Durall  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:23:40 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 226  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >