GreatWolf
ComNet n00b

GreatWolf

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  25
  RE: Chapter 10: Complacency
March 6, 2016 4:54:47 AM    View the profile of GreatWolf 
In perfect line formation, Besh Flight launched their attack on the Y-Wing squadron. Diving from above, they readied themselves, thumbs pulsing on trigger buttons...

GreatWolf immediately fired off a burst at one of the Y’s, forcing the craft into evasive manoeuvres to avoid taking serious damage. The suddenness of Aurora’s attack forced the squadron too scatter from its carefully planned approach vector. Realising that their charges were in danger, the X-Wings, which had been flanking the Y-wing squadron on both sides, quickly made break turns to engage the new threat that had suddenly appeared. GreatWolf saw Aurek flight pounce on the X squadron with ruthless efficiency.

Taking off after a Y-wing that had diverted away from its target, a sharp break turn got GreatWolf on his vector. Gunning down on the trigger, he was rewarded by seeing his target dissolve into fire.
However, his TIE immediately shook, as stray fire from a nearby X-wing scraped his Interceptor. Checking his shields were holding, GreatWolf rolled to avoid any pursuit,

Unfortunately, at that moment, his weapons malfunctioned again.
He pressed the trigger repeatedly,
Calm down, he told himself, fighting down the feeling of growing frustration.
His anger was compounded, as two X-wings, who had broken the tail of one of his pursuing squadron mates, turned their flight onto GreatWolf. He swore viciously, as alarms blared throughout his ship, he cut tightly into a turn, trying to shake the missile. Reefing hard on the control yoke, sending his TIE into a spinning descent further towards the planet’s surface, he was rewarded by seeing the missile harmlessly fade away into the air.

But his foes were not done yet, GreatWolf’s fighter shuddered as a new barrage of blasterfire knocked out his shields, he fought the control yoke, desperately rolling his fighter to avoid the prospect of a missile lock.

Then, one of his pursuers was sent spinning away in a fireball.

“I got your back GreatWolf,”
came the smug voice of Trevor Evenson.
Swearing silently, GreatWolf gritted his teeth, forcing politeness through his voice.

“Thanks Besh Lead, I owe you one,”
He then forced himself to tune out of listening to the reply, as his second pursuer remained doggedly on his tail. GreatWolf pulled back on his control yoke, rapidly gaining altitude, forcing his pursuer too follow.

He climbed, and climbed, and climbed. All the time, the enemy fighter remained on his tail, matching his speed.

Then suddenly, he cut his engines. Sending his TIE careening into a freefall, GreatWolf held his nerve, allowing the fighter too fall, the surprised enemy pilot was slow to respond, sluggishly trying to lower his altitude. Once he was approximately one hundred metres below his foe, GreatWolf reignited his engine power, setting himself up behind his opponent, he had, with one swift manuovre, reversed his hunter into the hunted.

Forcing himself to stay on his opponents tail as he dodged, weaved and turned, GreatWolf checked his instruments to ensure his weapons systems were back, they were, and he unleashed upon his enemy.

There were few things more satisfying than a burning X-Wing.
Scratch one Reppie pilot. He thought, satisfied.

Swiftly reversing course back down to the main battle raging below in the skies of the planet, he kicked his engines up a gear, he had lost too much time already. However, given his shields were at critical lows, he knew he would need to fly more cautiously, and avoid any hits from this point on.

He set his sight on pursuing a Y-wing, but was interrupted by the voice of the SC over the comm.

“Rora, those Y-wings are on approach vector to the Field HQ of the Army boys on the surface. If one of those bombers gets through, we could lose our command and control capabilities, take them out before they get through.”

As if on cue, GreatWolf’s line of approach was blocked by two X-wings barrelling towards him. He veered to the right to avoid them, but one remained on his tail. He heard Makenna screaming at him over the comm.

“Wolf break, break, you have a missile lock on your tail.”
But this missile was not so easy to evade, and he felt his TIE Interceptor jolt as the missile slammed into him, peeling off several layers of protection of his TIE. His shields were now fully dead. But Makenna came to his rescue, attacking his pursuer and forcing him to evade. Thus preventing him from finishing the supine TIE flown by her wingman.

But at that moment, GreatWolf’s weapons systems failed again. He swore viciously as he rolled his TIE, fighting the damaged machine as it responded sluggishly too his instructions.

Suddenly, he saw a lone Y-Wing,the pilot silently but doggedly streaking towards his target, on a clear attack vector for the VE’s High Command Building.

He’s going to wipe out the whole brass! GreatWolf thought. Alarmed, he checked his scanners, seeing if he could hail one of his squadron mates. He despaired, as all his squadron mates were too far away to strike the Y, or were currently busy in their own vicious dogfights. In those few precious seconds, the bomber streaked ever closer to firing range. Even a single bombing run could cause significant damage, the building would be devastated.
Suddenly, an idea crossed his mind, an insane, horrible, crazy ingenious idea.

Switching the channel on his comms, GreatWolf hailed all his squadron mates, they deserved to know what was happening, and especially given he wasn’t sure he would survive.
“Aurora, there’s an enemy Y-wing rapidly approaching the edge of the combat zone, he must’ve slipped our attack. He’s too far for you too engage, and my weapons systems are shot. I’ll take care of him, but...” He improvised the last bit.
“If you see an ejection seat, send a notification to the Stormies, and I’ll rejoin you when I can. But if.. I don’t make it, it’s been an honour.”
Then, without waiting for a response from his stunned squadronmates, he tuned out to the sound of his comms, and focused entirely on his task.

Utilising his Interceptor’s superior speed, he cut all remaining power to his now defunct weapons system, pushing his damaged craft to the limits, hitting the afterburner as he rocketed through the sky, straight towards his quarry. He was going too fast to match speed and fall into pursuit of his quarry. But pursuit of the Y-wing was not his goal. His instruments were screaming at the stress being placed on the ship, the danger of his damaged craft overloading increasing by the second, GreatWolf kept his course.

Then, several things happened in a very few short moments.

Making extra sure he was properly restrained in his seat, Wolf waited until he was directly on a collision course for the Y-wing. When he was just a second away from collision, he yanked hard on the sturdy rope that signaled the ejection to begin.

His seat was blown out of the TIE, throwing him out of his craft at lightning speed. GreatWolf felt as though his eyeballs were being ripped out of his sockets, but was able to witness the satisfaction of his TIE ramming into the Y-Wing. At such high speed, neither ship stood a chance of survival. The debris from both vessels flared in all directions, a foot long piece of steel flew by, missing GreatWolf’s face by mere inches.

Lucky for that, I didn’t fancy decapitation, he thought morbidly as the flames from both craft were extinguished by the blackness of his rapidly fading vision.

His vision was gone, his seat travelling down so fast that his eyes couldn’t adjust. This wasn’t the first time GreatWolf had ejected, his time in CORSEC had seen to that, but it wasn’t any less painful than the first time he had done it. The G-Force alone was enough to make it his least enjoyed part of being a pilot.

He felt frantically for the repulsor lift function of the chair, desperate to return some semblance of balance to his careening seat, and finding it, he frantically stabbed it with a finger of his gloved hand.

He was rewarded with an immediate slowing of his speed, as he felt the chair begin a more controlled descent towards the ground. His vision slowly righted itself, and he was greeted with the sight of the planet below, a rather beautiful world. As he glanced towards the horizon, his thoughts turned to the natural beauty of the ocean.

Hey, I could stay up here forever, It’s quite nice. Cool too, I never enjoyed hot weather

His head was feeling dizzy, as a consequence of the stress that ejection had imposed on his body, and he was sure he was at least partially delirious given the irrelevant thought that had just crossed his mind, but at least he was alive. He glanced upward as his seat continued to descend, but saw only a few small specks in the sky high above him that marked his fellow pilots in Aurora Squadron.

But GreatWolf? He was going down, down, down.

After another minute or so, his descent more controlled and his senses slowly returning to full capacity, he began thinking of activating his parachute, once he was closer to the ground, it would soften what would otherwise be a rough impact between his seat and the ground. As he spotted a copse of trees below him, GreatWolf gently guided his seat towards a clearing near their edge. He had no idea where the landing was in relation to the rest of the planet, but at least it was suitable to land on without dying.
With just a few hundred metres to go, he activated the chord on his parachute, letting it inflate above his head like a ballooning mushroom. It would cushion his fall.

And then, just a few seconds later, his gently descending chair hit the surface.
His landing was rough, but less rough than he would’ve otherwise anticipated. Ultimately, he was left with no worse injury than a sore posterior.

The whole process had taken probably less than a minute, but it felt like a lifetime, for a moment, he just sat in his chair motionless, allowing his racing pulse to calm, and his body to get its bearings.

He was alive, and more than that, he had destroyed the enemy craft. He had stopped its bombing run, and he was sure that he had saved a good many lives, as well as possibly the VE’s chances in the battle.

Not bad for a washed-up former CORSEC pilot with severe interpersonal relationship issues. He grinned savagely at the thought.
He then slowly unbuckled his ejection seat, and slowly stood, trying to get his bearings. He was sure that the VE was engaged on the ground as well, an idea was forming in his head. He would link up with an Army unit, then, as soon as he was able, would take a transport back up to the Ajudicator.

Hell, if I miss the rest of the space battle, at least I might make dinnertime, he grimaced as his aching muscles took a moment to adjust to his standing.

He turned to rummage through his supplies, finding the standard equipment strapped to any ejection seat. His comlink, (not that he knew the frequencies that would be that helpful for rescue right now), a few small biscuits, which would serve as food in case he was down here longer than anticipated and, the all-important DL-44 Blaster Pistol. He was sure that the tracking device on his ejection seat had been activated, meaning the Navy would have a reasonable idea of his location, he was also sure that they would contact the Army and send someone in his general direction, but, he wasn’t sure that he wouldn’t encounter potential hostiles first.
But for now, he simply uncocked the pistol and remained where he was, if he was lucky, the Army would find him before he did anything, and given his signal was attached to his ejection seat, he preferred not to have to give them a harder time finding him by moving to far away.

But if the New Republic had a group that found him first, things could get hairy. He hoped he had made the right choice. He pulled off his flight helmet and gently placed it on the ground.
Ah well, I always wanted to meet a Stormie.  he thought, as he settled himself down on the ground beside his seat, eyes scanning the treeline for any signs of movement.
Quote:OOC: After Action Report
OK! A lot happened in this post. First an engagement with the enemy leads to a couple of shots endangering GreatWolf before his Flight Lead saves him. He then pulls a sweet move by deliberately stalling his craft's engines to get himself behind a pursuing Reppie before blasting him. After getting hit with a missile, his weapons bug out again, and leave him damaged and shield less in a firefight. Nice.

After that, he spots a Y-Wing on bombing course for the nerve centre of VE operations, and, with no weapons and his squadron mates too far away to help, he rams it, destroying his craft and making him realize just how harsh a mistress gravity really is when he ejects.

He's now on the ground, awaiting either rendevous with an Army unit, or a Reppie force, whichever arrives first. This post was written with approval from Stormz and Havoc after I thought of it as an idea for some inter-branch cooperation in the story. If any Army people want to get involved, feel free to write yourselves into a position where GreatWolf can link up with you, and then I'll have him tag along until he can get a transport back up to the space above. Given he's a fighter jock out of his depth, it should make for some hilarious writing. Let's get our cooperative creativity flowing Army friends!

If anyone has a problem with the post, or anything that needs changing, let me know, I'm amiable.

Full post length was 2'105 words.
Leading Crewman | Robert "GreatWolf" Messine | FM | 175th Aurora Squadron | 48th Sabre Wing | ISD-II Adjudicator | 1st Fleet | SFC | VEN | VE
Sharp
ComNet Novice

Sharp

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  59
March 9, 2016 1:30:54 AM    View the profile of Sharp 
"Get moving, wheres your motivation trooper?" Sharp asked as she removed the clip from her rifle, still and that he hadn't completed what she had told him.

"But you gotta..." The trooper began as Sharp slid down into her seat and crawled out of the car. "Get out of..." Sharp grabbed him by the shoulders and locked her eyes dead with where she assumed his were.

"What is wrong with you trooper, get your head in the game, or you gonna let some girl do the fighting for you?" She teased hoping to get him in a more competitive mood.

"No I won't!" Said the trooper as he turned. He grabbed his pistol and pushed her out of the way. He brought the small arm to bare and pulled the trigger hitting a enemy who had attempted to flank them.

"Now that's more like it. Now get to work trooper!" Sharp said as she breathed a sigh of relief. The newly encouraged trooper taking the momentum turned to shoot, as Sharp began crawling back into the broken vehicle. She began to aim slightly knowing well that aiming wasn't the smartest of ideas at the moment. She spotted the after flash of an explosive off to the side opposite her position. She spotted targets who had been hit with the explosion and began peppering the ones she could see. Firing 5 shots to try and hit the two she saw. She watched as two shots hit the closest target in the back, on to the center, and the other to his shoulder. The second target was slightly more poised to dodge as her shot only nicked his shoulder while the other two hit the ground nearby. this caught her some attention as another round scorched the speeder, this time one making it through the window.

"Think they're starting to not like me." She joked as she crawled out of the wreckage her rifle in hand. When she heard no reps once to her small attempt at humor she saw the trooper on the ground, still as a deactivated droid. "Sorry about this kid." Deryn said as she pulled at his leg, he deserved a burial, but at least taking him out of the battlefield was the least a soldier deserved. She leaned him against the scrap metal and removed the helmet from his head. The shock on his face was evident, but Sharp knew the feeling all too well. She closed the trooper's eye and flipped the helmet in her hands.

"So much for being the faceless protectors of peace right." She said to herself as she removed some padding from the bucket. She removed the helmet comlink, this way she could have a clear connection to the squad.

"This is Deryn Sharp reporting, someone give me a rundown of what the op is." Deryn said holding the com to her ear, the carbine leaning on her leg.

"Recognize the name, but how are you on this channel?" Questioned another trooper.

"I'm a former Raider, I know how the stormtroopers operate." She scolded.

"Right now it's hold out as long as possible." Said the trooper. Frak, how'd I know they were in defense mode. She thought to herself.

"Fine. I'll do what I can." She called into the com before dropping it into a pouch on the upper left of her jacket.

"Time to find a new place to set up I guess." Sharp said taking one last glance at the corpse and then sprinted towards a small crater.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
"Faithful till the end"

TPR/PFC Sharp/Raiders/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[Medals] {Ribbons} (Participation related) (A1)
Tetrarch
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  65
March 9, 2016 8:15:36 AM    View the profile of Tetrarch 
All the smart lads joined the Navy, Swamprat thought despondently. Listening to the briefing from Dusk had rammed it home how deep they were in it. Past our knees and getting higher. He wasn't the only feeling it, Karash let vent to his own feelings on the matter. Their section leader didn't let it pass though. Regardless of who the enemy was or how many they were facing, they were going out there.

Cathal kept his mouth firmly shut as those with more experience weighed in. If there's anything left of the defenses, he thought grimly, Dusk's words not lifting his spirits. He didn't waste time with them, they had their orders. The Direcats began to move out, presenting a small model of cohesiveness amidst all the chaos.

Because chaos there was. For every soldier running for the front, there were two streaming back. The Direcats shouldered their way through the press, using elbows and rifle butts as an encouragement for others to get out of their way. Cathal's stomach clenched, he wasn't happy with it. Everyone else seemed to have the better idea of fleeing, digging themselves in a safe hole and waiting it out. They were going right into the meatgrinder.

Dropships stretched everywhere, too many for the defense batteries to take out. Even if they were all scoring direct hits, they just had too many targets. And each dropship disgorged masses of armed soldiers, right into the maelstrom.

Scratch companies and ad hoc fireteams had managed to establish a defensive line but they were barely holding. The stormtroopers holding the position ahead of them barely acknowledged them. Swamprat found he was running half crouched now, acutely aware of the stray blaster bolts fired overhead.

His fingers squeezed the grip tight, listening as Dusk relieved the defenders. You lucky bastards, was all he could think as the survivors pulled back. The Direcats moved to take them over. “So we're a speedbump” he said aloud. Sacrificed to buy time for the rest of the battalion. He wondered how many other sections or squads were being ordered forward, forlorn hopes to allow their comrades to get organised.

He rose, fired off two bursts at a group of running figures and then ducked down again. The barricade groaned in sympathy as return blaster fire clipped it, aimed at where he'd been standing a moment ago. Cathal rose again and snapped off another couple of shots before ducking down again. He couldn't tell if he was hitting anything but it made him feel better. And at least it would encourage them to keep their heads down.

“This is pure gak” he swore, changing his blaster clip and steeling himself for another pop up. Everytime he rose above the barrier he could see the sheer scale of the assault, the fighting that stretched to either side of him. The leapfrogging teams, there was enough of them to keep up a horrendous weight of fire while their friends scrambled forward. And all the time getting closer.

Cathal began crawling to his left. Even over the din of the battlefield, he became aware of a rumbling sound. Even the ground was shaking. He was diving aside when his section of the barricade caved in.

The T2-B repulsor tank was really designed for reconaissance and raids, its light shields weren't really designed for roughhousing. But small enough for some infantry transports, it was the perfect addition for the attackers to give their first wave a little extra muscle until they could land heavier gear. For the Imperial infantry dug in around the barricades, it was a horrible spanner to toss in the mix.

Of course Cathal didn't know this. All he saw was an armoured leviathan, the tank coasting forward slowly as it scanned. Its quad-laser turret swivelled to track the next defensive position, laying down heavy suppressive fire. A few stray shots were fired back but they glanced harmlessly off its shields. A moments pause and the turret was already recalibrating to track another target.

“This is Swamprat” Cathal panted into his com, he was scrambling away on hands and knees, terrified lest the tank turn its attention to him. “We have a breach. A tank! It's a fethin tank!”

OOC:
Objective 2.

Heavy fighting at the barrier. One of the NR light tanks breaches the Direcat perimeter
[STC] Private 1st Class Cathal "Swamprat" Mckarthaigh.
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-ICS] Privateer Captain
[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  703
Total Posts:  710
March 11, 2016 10:10:12 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
Starts off as Objective Five, turns into Objective Three

“A bikini, are you fecking serious?” The violet eyed gaze of the woman who just spoke settled on the man across from her. On the desk between the two was a navy blue two piece swimsuit. “You wanted someone that could get you the information you were looking for, you got me. I do not do bikinis. Whatever else you wanted, get it yourself.” Red hair flared as the woman turned on her heal and practically marched back to the entrance of the office she was currently standing in.

The man, a human, smirked as he watched the valuable asset walk away. He would do almost anything to keep D'Jonoc on his crew, doing his bidding. She was damn good at her job. But he also had something he could use. “It was requested. The man I need you to get the intel from is on Tadath, and he will only take girls in bikinis.”  He held his breath, hoping that this would work. He really did need that intel, and D'Jonoc was the only one he trusted to get him what he needed.

Rain froze mid-stride. Tadath was a planet she hadn't heard mentioned in a very long time. She wasn't even aware that there was anything left of it honestly. Taking a deep breath, she tried to suppress the twitch in her hands. Rigidly, the red headed woman turned around. She took in the smug smirk on her boss's face. She took in the way his smile widened when he thought he had her. “Tadath is a ruin, why in the nine hells would anyone wanted or not go to that Force forsaken planet, when all it can offer is ghosts?” She narrowed her eyes.

I have her now. Black eyes danced in mirth as he reeled in his catch. “Didn't you hear, seams there's been some massive activity going on. Reconstruction of some military base, I think.”

Massive activity? Reconstruction of some military base? Rain clench her fists. Breath, Rain. It could be anyone. She let out the breath she was holding and took another slow calming breath. Something inside her told her to get to Tadath. She opened her eyes and looked at the man at the desk then down at the bikini. By any means necessary.

She marches up to the desk and snatches the bikini. “We're done after this Molso, if you get your intel, you'll be lucky to ever see me again.” Rain spun again on her heal and walked quickly to the door. “And stop staring at my ass!”

==============================================

One week later and Rain was on Tadath, it was sad that she couldn't even get through customs unless she was undercover in the bikini she was currently wearing. For the moment she was just following the gaggle of other girls that had been 'requested' by the man Molso needed his intel from. She tried to blend in, it shouldn't have been too hard really. She wasn't even the only red head in the group. But every time she turned around she seemed to catch people staring at her. Not at what she was wearing, but trying to place her face. It unnerved her and made a tingle travel up her spine.

It would have helped more if the tingle would have stopped tingling. Instead it seamed to grow until a pit of dread opened up inside her and made her react on instinct. She dived to the left, executing a rolling somersault that would bring her back into a ready position. As she acted she felt the hot burn of  an energy bolt graze her biological arm. As she came up again she dodged another blaster bolt and another until she was within striking distance of her attacker. She wasted no time in dispatching him with a ridge hand to his neck. The human crumpled to to floor of  the spaceport as if he was nothing more than a sack of vegetables.

As he dropped, D'Jonoc, formerly known as Platoon Sargent Brightstar, grabbed his blaster and spun firing a seemingly blind shot that felled another attacker. She continued her momentum and took out a third attacker before he could clear his sidearm. Without any break in movement, Brightstar took off running. She cursed her bad luck for leaving her in only a bikini at a time like this. As she ran she kept her eyes and ears open for the next attack and wondered what the hell was going on.

Ahead she could see Spaceport security taking fire from another corridor, She needed past them if she was going to find a way out of this mess and off this planet. She should never have come back. Damn her curiosity and damn the feeling that told her to return by whatever means necessary. She was thinking that she might be able to help them out as she passed when one of the security officers turned to face her. She was cursing her luck again when she heard the crackle of one of their comms.

"Security this is the General, hold your fire on that civilian. Gently bring her to me, and if she asks tell her Havock wants a word."

The officer lowered his weapon and beckoned her toward him. But for some strange reason, Rain couldn't move. Havock? Havock is dead... that can't be right. She felt the sting of another blaster graze and the burn of her lungs telling her to release the breath she'd taken.

“We'll get her too you as soon as possible General.” Rain wasn't entirely sure how she had heard the reply over the blaster fire, until she remembered that she had instinctively enhanced her hearing.

Finally she moved, taking cover behind a rough barricade and returned fire. The officer that had waved at her to come to him came up beside her. “General Havock would like  word with you, Miss?” He raised his voice for her benefit, but h had no way of knowing she'd already heard the exchange. She tried to remember what Havock had sounded like, but her memory had chosen to distort certain memories that she had relied on in the past. The sound of her old friend's voice was just one of those things. The last thing she'd said was another.

Bright's heart thundered in her chest and she could hear the blood rush in her ears. “Then lets not give her reason to come looking for me.” She glanced at the man and he nodded. “Got any grenades?” She asked in an unhurried tone.

The young man shook his head and eyed her warily. “Spaceport Security, Ma'am.” Rain grimaced at the use of Ma'am, she never really did like that title.

Rain nodded, “Do you at least have something I can put on to cover up this damnable bikini?” The young man grinned and blushed slightly until she gave him a violet eyed glare.

“Y-yes, Ma'am!” He said. He motioned for her to follow him as he lead her to the locker rooms.

“You'd best be real, Ayme, and not another ghost that wants to haunt me for the rest of my life.” Rain muttered under her breath as she followed, occasionally firing behind her to take out another attacker.

OOC:
Only 1200 words give or take but it's the most I've done in like three years. Enjoy.
FM/WO2 Brightstar/Iron Three/S:58 "Strill"/W:101 "Blade"/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE

"For your sake, I really hope that isn't a challenge."

CAP'N|Captain Bright|Hellcat|Eyesore|OSK Company
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  821
Total Posts:  823
March 11, 2016 10:54:53 PM    View the profile of RK 
*thump* *thump* Dead? No, heart’s still beating, wish it wasn’t. Knocked out? Probably? Bad dream? Hopefully. RK lay silent on the ground, her heart beating faster inside her chest. Her mind was swirling, every sense was being overloaded without warning. The only comfort was that the sounds were distant, and that meant for now she was safe.
Blaster fire could be heard off to her right, how she could tell in her state was undefinable, but it was a start. okay, not dead, but not sleeping either. What happened? RK’s eyes sprang open. The sunlight immediately burned right through the retinas, causing the eyelids to instinctively blink in retaliation, but in the moment there was no time to get acquainted, she had to move.
Last thing, knocked in head, why, what’s going on? Ah right, planet being attacked Rebel scum? What does it matter? People are shooting, others are dying, and I need to move or else I’ll be in the dying column and as much as I’ll make a pretty corpse, I’d rather not go out this way. RK reached down after her radio, luckily it was still on her hip where she had left it. She pressed the button frantically, still blinking the sun away. “This Gunnery Sergeant RK, I’ve just woken up and require a sit rep.” She stifled a chuckle realizing how ridiculous she sounded.
“fzzzzzy---R….Serge…..ETA……coo…what is you… coord” a muffled voice came through the radio.
“If you can hear me, I’m not sure location, sending coordinates via morse.” RK sighed heavily as she put the code through. Hopefully, someone would pick it up and help; in the meantime, doing a quick inventory wouldn’t be a bad idea.
“Fzzzzt…. Tank…. All ….troo…. Wall breached.”
Pushing herself up she dusted off the bruises. Immediately aware of the pain in her left leg, causing her to kneel faster than she was expecting. “Damn, should have stayed asleep.”
“RK… Gunnery Sergeant RK…if you can read this we have your location, sending a speeder….ETA…..” RK blinked as she heard the roar of engines coming towards her. The welcoming party was either faster than a commlink, or trouble was coming. Without thinking she dropped, the pain in her leg would be fine without pressure; Her blaster primed and ready i, radio muffled under her stomach, whichever they were she was prepared.
Time seemed to slow as the engines grew louder. RK rested her finger firmly, waiting for any sign of who the intruders to her domain might be.
“ETA, 2 seconds, do you copy RK?”
The speeder came into view only moments after the radio broadcast, it slowed to a complete halt 3 feet in front of RK’s position, a sigh of relief escaping her lips. “Well, at least you guys are timely.” She stood up, trying her best to let her left leg hang limp, it wasn’t working well, but she wasn’t going to let these men know she was in pain.
Two imperial officers raced to her side, arms extended as they went to pick her up. RK thrust the one man in the neck and the other he fended with his right arm. “I may look weak, but if you two even knew who I was you would keep your distance.”
“Ma’am…” RK shot him a death stare that would burn the hair off a Wookie, but let him proceed. “Your vitals state your left leg is injured, and you sustained a pretty heavy blow. You need aid.”
“What I need is my armor and more weapons, my leg is only a casualty, and whatever is going on out there needs more attention. Besides it’s a sprain not broken, so if you’d be kind enough to take me back to the nearest barracks that would be great.”
“Yes, Ma’am.” The imperial officer nodded and headed for the cockpit at once.
This day is starting out interesting.

OOC:
okay short post, very haphazard I apologize, but mostly just to get me writing again, and actually in the story so I'm not lazy and keep up.do with RK as you will, set her on the path to , whatever.
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
Havock
ComNet Sultan

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-DJO] Krath Priest(ess)
[VE-ICS] Intelligence Agent
[VE-VEHC] Brigadier General*

Post Number:  2383
Total Posts:  2413
March 12, 2016 12:01:37 AM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
Objective 1

The command center had fallen into an uneasy silence. Merrick was no where to be found, but too damn stubborn to die so the Prefect wasn’t concerned by her absence.  Traitors, she could barely believe it. They had only just regained control of the system and now they were back in the thick of a battle trying to defend their own home turf. It was  a scenario all too familiar to Katash and all too soon to be happening again.

Ayme leaned over the display. A smear of indefinable goo and broken glass obscured part of the screen.  Gates appeared at her side, covered in sweat and blood.

“General, we have cleared the command center. No sign of your XO.”

Ayme didn’t move just raised her eyes enough to look at the handful of faithful soldiers that remained. She wasn’t sure how many were actual traitors and how many just panicked and touched their blaster at the wrong moment during a firefight. 

Ayme sighed, “Merrick can take care of herself. Where are our squads?”

Gates darted over to the nearest open terminal and started typing away. After a few moment he released a deep breath. “They have made their way to point bravo.” He pointed to a map on the screen. “It’s here, and it’s surrounded by NR troops.”

Ayme moved to his left and leaned into the screen. “We seem to have picked up a few freelancers too. See if you can get someone to find a way to contact them, hack into their comms or the comms near them. Move them to Bravo to reinforce the stormtroopers.”

“Umm General?” A timid voice interrupted the two commanders.

Ayme raised her eyebrow. “Get on it Gates.” He nodded and lifted his hand to his comm to start barking orders. “Can I help you Sergeant?”

“General…I think you need to see this?”

With a frustrated sigh Ayme slouched and stomped over to the squint picking up a bottle of water along the way. The man pointed a shaky finger at the terminal display which prompted a lengthy eye roll before the General began to chug her water. She leaned in at the image of security officers moving in on a woman…in a…bikini? Ayme raised her eyebrows, and its not even my birthday. The image zoomed at the same moment Gates tapped her shoulder and recognition slammed into Ayme like a punch to the gut. Her face turned towards Gates just in time for her to spit her beverage almost entirely in his face.

Gates stood for several moments with his eyes closed as he clearly was pushing down the reflex which would cause him to punch his commanding officer. Ayme attempted to get her breathing in control as she processed what she had just seen on the security holos and regain some sense of professionalism.

“Havock.” Garryll licked his lips, continuing to keep his eyes closed. “The comms are all yours…I’m just going to…freshen up.”

Ayme cringed and nodded, although she knew he couldn’t see him. She turned and touched the Sergeant - who was desperately wishing he was invisible - and leaned in touching the comms. “Security this is the General, hold your fire on that civilian. Gently bring her to me, and if she asks tell her Havock wants a word.”

Ayme moved to the command terminal and pushed several buttons. “Direcats, you are in the middle of a mess but nothing you can’t handle. Dig in, help is coming. Anyone else listening in, encryption code alpha 429 will give you Bravo location, make your way there and reinforce Direcats.”

The main doors opened and four security officers walked in escorting a red-head in a dark blue bikini. Ayme laughed and shook her head. “Damn Rain, still know how to make an entrance.”

Ayme barely paused in her step as the head security officer attempted to brief her on the situation she grabbed him by his shirt collar and slammed him into the wall. The other officers flinched but kept their weapons lowered. “Did you not think to offer the lady something to cover up? Who the frack raised you? A gorram Hutt? We do not let ladies, especially those who your commander says are friendlies walk through a damn combat zone in nothing but a bikini, do I make myself clear officer?” Every word progressively got louder in volume bringing all work in the command center to a halt and eyebrows raised to the ceiling.

The officer croaked out an 'understood' and Ayme dropped him to the floor.  Her voice instantly softened as she turned towards her old friend. She fought the urge to forgo all protocol and hug the woman in front of her. “Bright, follow me and we can get you more appropriate attire. Where the hell have you been?”
Prefect of the Army
PRF | BGN Ayme 'Havock' Katash | VEA | VE

[EW1] [RoT] [RoM] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC]
{HoTC} {KAD} {GC} {GS} {RES} {MRT}
(ESC09) (AoT) (DoH-P) (AS-4) (A13) (A5) (1.1) (1.2)
(KC2) (SoY)
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited March 12, 2016 12:02:48 AM)]
Mako
ComNet n00b

Mako

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  18
March 12, 2016 3:44:40 PM    View the profile of Mako 
The adrenaline had began to wear off on Amram and he had been feeling the effects of the blaster wound in his calf.  He needed to take some time and at least staunch the wound if not see about bandaging it. The cauterization that originally occurred when the the blaster bolt first hit had finally worked it self open and had began to bleed again a slow oozing kind of bleeding rather than a gushing flowing type but the point of it was that the bleeding was continuous and the flow was starting to increase as the cauterized flesh flaked off and the wound opened more.

The enemy group that was following him had retreated with their injured man... so much for the militia and their determination to win a fight. He didn't have much time but there was still enough for him to clean up his leg. Finding a secure place Amram sat down and rolled up his pant leg. There was a dark redish black spot that had covered a large portion of his pant leg around the hole burnt into it. The leg it self was not terrible just a single entry wound that had burned the meat forty five minutes  in a bacta soak would make him right as rain but currently he had no access to a bacta tank so he had to rely on what he had which was mud and a chunk of sleeve or the bottom of his shirt torn off.  To staunch the wound.

Diging down into the soil where it was dam Amram grabbed a dollop of wet dirt not so wet that it would wash out and not so dry that it wouldn't cake and he packed it into the hole in his calf. He than ripped off the bottom of his shirt and tied it around his calf to keep every thing in place and slow down what ever bleeding that had stared. His calf was even stiffer and was beginning to have a dull ache that pulsed with his steps but at least it was not bleeding any more and that was something.

He knew his mission, what he was supposed to do in such an emergency and that was to aid in the securing of the securing of the grounds by creating traps, harassing the enemy and firing weapons at enemy ships. It would just be easier with more than one person in the area. He knew there were others in the area but just not in his immediate vicinity.

As he gathered his resources and began working out a more long term plan besides running his communicator chirped.
Quote: “Direcats, you are in the middle of a mess but nothing you can’t handle. Dig in, help is coming. Anyone else listening in, encryption code alpha 429 will give you Bravo location, make your way there and reinforce Direcats.”

Now that was his apparent new mission to make his way to Bravo location and reinforce. Acknowledging the new instructions with a click of his communicator Amram set  alpha 429 and followed the beckon.

OOC:
519 words. Amram is now making his way to Bravo Location to reinforce Direcats.
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate King
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3933
Total Posts:  3940
March 12, 2016 4:53:59 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:
Objective Hond

Moelik Hond stepped away from the burning wreckage.

He paid it no further mind.

The satchel at his side slapped his thigh, beat-pause-beat, rhythmically. His right hand rested on the top, keeping physical track of the contents. The clothing on his left arm was burned away or burned into his skin. Skin that was blackened, red and oozing from the burns that reached across shoulder and finger tips. He reached those finger tips up and tore the environmental helmet from his head, tossing it on the ground behind him.

He exposed a head covered in bandages with irregular black hair sticking out. The rotting grey skin, where it could be seen, did not hold the color of a living thing, but Hond didn’t worry about it. The Force sustained him, for now, and the rot would not take him today.

In the distance blaster fire roared, although to Hond it barely whispered. That made things easier. He could find the fighting and figure out what city he was in.

He pulled The Force into himself, opening the now familiar damn that he kept between him and it. A fingernail fell out. Putting one foot in front of the other, Hond ran towards the blaster fire. He put his left arm up and concentrated most of the power into it.

The window shattered before he touched it as he jumped into the building. He skidded around a desk, catching it in his right hand and using the momentum to swing him around to the door. The door was open and he burst out into a clothing store. There were people cowering behind the counter and they made excellent steps as Hond jumped into the center of the store. He stopped for a second, listening, but he’d lost the sounds of battle. Moelik Hond growled and punched the floor, once, twice.

Then he was leaving again, through the front windows much how he’d come through the back. The streets were empty, but the streets of what city? He took a guess and ran left. Left had always treated him well.

Speeders were neglected beside the road, some in the middle of buildings. There had definitely been fighting, carbon scoring covered the streets and walls. Hond found it surprising just how little stuff was on fire, but he always had. It turned out there was less fire in war than advertised. It was a problem.

The unbroken asphalt crunched under Hond’s hurried pace. The coming war would change the landscape, and Hond almost wished he could be around to see it, but he had places to be and a much despised obligation to get himself back to the DJO. Home, such as it was. He could change the paradigm with what he had in his satchel, or win his freedom.

He rounded a corner and slammed into a Stormtrooper. The soldier tumbled over and nine blasters pointed at Moelik Hond. Hond collected The Force in his left hand. Fire and the scent of burning flesh burst forth.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP][RoT][SCA][MRT] -So Very Retired-
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE -Disbanded-
King/Pirate Lord Sniping101/Throne/The Osk Company/Osk 91
----------------------------------------------
"In a world without gold we might have been heroes!" - Edward Thatch

Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  704
March 12, 2016 9:42:32 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
Objective Something or other. Five I think.

When Bright was brought into the Command Center, the first thing she did was cast her gaze over the entire room. She still wasn't convinced that Havock was alive, no matter what these idiotic security goons told her. She was surprised that only four of them were escorting her. Did they feel safe because she was in nothing but a bikini? Or did they think she wasn't dangerous because they had taken her weapon from her? Either way she wasn't impressed.

She heard a laugh from the middle of the room and her eyes snapped to the woman who had let it loose. The woman shook her head, “Damn Rain, still know how to make an entrance.”

A profound sense of relief pervaded Brightstar's mind and heart. This was Havock. She watched as the blond walked toward her and without missing a step she grabbed the lead security officer by his shirt collar and slammed him into the wall. The other officers flinched but kept their weapons lowered. “Did you not think to offer the lady something to cover up? Who the frack raised you? A gorram Hutt? We do not let ladies, especially those who your commander says are friendlies walk through a damn combat zone in nothing but a bikini, do I make myself clear officer?”

The officer croaked out an 'understood' and Ayme dropped him to the floor. Bright blinked at the woman before a slow smile worked its way onto her face. The urge to tackle her friend in a hug was almost overpowering. Not many people, even in the very small circle she could call friends, would jump to her defense like that. And it wasn't something she'd been expecting from Havock at all. Ayme's  voice instantly softened as she turned towards her. “Bright, follow me and we can get you more appropriate attire. Where the hell have you been?”

Everyone watched as Bright turned and followed Havock out the door, her head held high and her dignity still intact. She wanted to tell Havock everything. Where she'd been, what she'd been doing. She just didn't know where to begin. There were parts of her story that she didn't want to talk about. Mostly because she hadn't quite figured them out herself. Just thinking about how she'd been abandoned by someone she had loved, and had thought loved her, made the hurt and anger rise up inside her. She clenched her fists and breathed deeply for a moment to get her emotions back under control. She remembered well the last time she'd let her anger take control. She was still repairing he damage she'd caused to the Huntress.

Letting out a long heavy sigh, she looked back up to find that Havock was looking back at her, concern was written over the other woman's features and Bright smiled reassuringly, she hoped. “I'm fine.” And it was true, she was fine.

“ I really just don't know where to begin.” Rain spoke again, pulling up beside her friend. She contemplated telling Havock everything and just as quickly decided she would. She'd never had reason to doubt that her secrets were safe with the General, and from the time their friendship had been forged, she'd not kept any secrets from her.  “I escaped from Lotaith before this whole mess happened.” She said softly. “Don't ask me how, I really don't recall. Mostly I just remember waking up in some cave on Dathomir.”

When she looked at Havock, she could see a raised brow. She wondered for a moment what was going on in her friend's head. “You went home”

Rain nodded, “It must have been a subconscious act. That's all some of us desire sometimes.”

Havock nodded in understanding. Rain took that opportunity to give the General a good once over. “What are you doing?” The shorter woman asked.

“Trying to see if you're injured yet.” Bright replied nonchalantly, “If you aren't it means I have to keep my eyes open for any random attacks.” She felt the slight sting of a smack on her shoulder and she grinned.

“I resent that remark.” The blond said, trying to sound affronted.

“You mean you resemble that remark.” Bright laughed. Havock just rolled her eyes, but Rain could see the slight smirk in the upturn of Havock's lips.

“In here.” Havock said pushing open a door that lead to a locker room of sorts.  The moment the locker room door closed and Havock turned toward her again, Rain reached out an pulled the other woman to her in a tight embrace. She'd thought her closest friend to be long dead. To see her alive and to see her face and hear her voice again, was almost more than the red head could bare.

"Um.... Rain?" She could hear the question in Ayme's voice. She could feel the shock in the way Havock had stiffened.

"Shut up and give me a hug. I thought you were dead, woman." And the truth of that statement hit Rain harder than she ever thought it would. She HAD thought Ayme was dead, well and truly so. She'd mourned for her friend like she'd mourned her massacred clan. Somehow this woman had wormed her way so far into Bright's heart that she'd become something more than just a comrade or friend. The relief that had hit her in the Command Room flooded her system again, but it was tinged with genuine sorrow. “I thought you were dead.” She whispered again.

Emotions had never been Bright's thing before. She'd rarely showed them despite how she felt, and that had earned her the title of Cold-hearted, on more than a few occasions. But she did have emotions and she did feel them, and she wasn't about to let the people that mean the most to her thing she didn't care.

OOC:
978 words. Yes I am well aware she is still in the bikini, but hey you can't rush emotion people. I think this will be my last post with that darn thing anyway. Hopefully Havock can give me something to do when Bright is all situated. carry on.
FM/WO2 Brightstar/Iron Three/S:58 "Strill"/W:101 "Blade"/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE

Mako
ComNet n00b

Mako

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  12
March 12, 2016 11:43:06 PM    View the profile of Mako 
Amram had set him self to a eight minute mile pace as he made his way to Bravo location. Topping a ridge he saw the main body of the fighting and started to think the situation through letting his analytical mind do its work.

There was Direcat squad and various other storm trooper squads rapidly developing an ad hoc defence against a force of new republic soldiers and Tadath militiamen were pressing against the defense in clear line with the militia acting support for the new republic soldiers.

The New Republic and the Tadath militia were fighting an up hill battle especially now that the Empire was mobilized and fighting a defensive battle but still the odds seemed to be in the favor of the enemy even if it were just out of sheer numbers. But if history was any indicator numbers counted for nothing if a group lost cohesion or worse began breaking up into factions and fighting among one another.

That would be a trick though in the middle of a pitch battle but it could be done. As Amram was surveying things a New Republic sniper popped up out from the brush rifle in hand. Amram understood why he was there it was a good position. Not thinking consciously Amram kicked the sniper in the stomach setting him on his back foot which was accentuated by the heavy sniper rifle throwing him off balance. This gave Amram plenty of time to draw his acquired blaster pistol aim it and fire right into the snipers liver and stomach.

The sniper looked surprised then went pale as the life was drained from his body and out of the holes blasted into his body. The idea came to him of how to divide the New Republic from the Tadath militiamen. Picking up the snipers communicator he set it to an open and public frequency.

"The New Republic has turned on us! They want to take over the planets government!!" Amram took hold of the snipers rifle and aimed.

Now Amram is not by any means a sniper but he could shoot for center mass. Taking aim at the main body of New Republic soldiers and started shouting into the open public frequency "For Tadath!! For the government! and For the people!" before opening fire.

New Republic soldiers began to fall from Amram's flanking fire and communication channels began to sound with the voices of confusion.

"Whats going on?! The Tadath Militia are attacking us!?" One of the New Republic leaders began shouting in through the open communication lines "Don't return fire!!" while one of the Militia's leaders was shouting "Don't Shoot! Don't Shoot! But in the garbled chaos that happens with open communication lines all that was heard was "Return Fire and Shoot!!"

The orderly combined New Republic/ Militia firing line began to turn into a mass of chaos with part of the line continuing to fire at Imperial Forces while other were firing at one another.

The chaos and confusion may not last too long but it was something none the less that the Direcats could use to their advantage.  With the chaos ensuing Amram left the sniper rifle behind and made is way to rendezvous with the Direcats.

OOC:
540 words the main force of combined New Republic and Tadath forces are currently confused and have attacked one another until someone in command can regain control of the situation.
Havock
ComNet Sultan

Havock

Post Number:  2384
March 13, 2016 9:04:22 AM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
Objective 1

Ayme blinked and tentatively brought her hands around the scantily clad woman in her arms. She and Rain shared a unique connection during their time together in the army. They formed a dependable friendship as two of the most closed off and secretive people somehow finding solace in finally meeting someone who understood. Ayme scoffed to herself remembering something a childhood friend once told her, 'Havock you are the only person I know who I could talk to for an hour and still not know at all.'

Ayme slowly brought her hands to her friends shoulder and pushed gently so she could look her in the eyes. "It's good to see you too Rain. Thinking you were dead sucked."

With a smirk Ayme walked over to a locker and retrieved one of her extra command uniforms. It was absent any rank or accolade which made it look somewhat odd as she ran her fingers over the collar. She passed it to Brightstar then reached into the back of the locker to a hidden compartment and pulled out a holster and small pistol, placing both on a nearby bench.

"Should fit...I'll just...examine the paint over there."

Bright laughed and watched her friend move away, her eyes landing on an object attached to the Generals hip. "You have your lightsaber on you? That's new."

Ayme shrugged. "Yea well when all this happened there wasn't time for a press release, I can only hope our old friends on Lopen don't take offense."

The sound of clothes rustling filled the silence until it was broken again. "I went to Dathomir, where did you go Ayme?"

A mournful staccato of a laugh escaped the blondes lips. "I went everywhere and nowhere. Moved from spaceport to hangar looking for anonymous mechanic jobs, never stayed in any one place longer than a few months. I thought everyone was dead Rain, that I had failed so damn completely, I had no idea what to think when I got the comm to return."

The click of the holster snapping into place jerked Ayme out of her reverie and she turned slowly towards the familiar red head, now dressed in a tan uniform.

"Ayme none of what happened here was your fault. Now let's move on to the present issue. Where do you need me?"

Ayme nodded and indicated the woman should follow her as they made their way through the cooridors back to the command center. "I need people I can trust close Rain. The NR managed to turn the locals on us, I have no way of knowing who is loyal and who is a plant. They hit us hard and fast, sabotage mostly. And you know how much I love a good explosion but I prefer to be the one that set the charge. Honestly if I wasn't so pissed off at the bastards I'd be impressed."

They walked through the doors to see a half dozen techs working away at their terminals and Gates looking on from his post.

"I think if our ground troops start to win, there will be a nasty surprise waiting for us. Care to see if we can find it before it blows up my ass?"

Bright smirked, "sounds just like old times Havvie, I'm in."

"Excellent, Gates you have command, until Merrick decides to rejoin us." The man nodded to the Prefect and returned to look over one of the techs shoulder. "Follow me Rain, we have vents to check. And don't think you're getting out of explaining that bikini."
Prefect of the Army

(KC2) (SoY)
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  822
Total Posts:  823
March 13, 2016 12:27:48 AM    View the profile of RK 
"Please sit still Sergeant, if you keep fidgeting I can't find a vein." The medic held RK's arm as tight as she could, but wasn't getting anywhere, the woman was trying to find a way to the command center on her datapad, not giving the medic the time of day. "Please, your injuries need more attention, and this will help the pain."

RK ignored the medic, she was a nuisance more than anything, her major wounds had already been field dressed and now all that mattered was getting back to civilization. "I understand that, and that is why I'm trying to find a better way to the command center then the front door."

"That's going to be impossible." the twi'lek driver spoke up, his silence had been more tactical since the medic got upset anytime he butted in. "The compuond is surrounded by enemies, and unfortunatley our speeder isn't equipped with weapons, we are medics after all."

"that's why luckily, I know of a secret entrance, it was used years ago by a squad I was a part of, it used to be an entrance for the animal riders, wasn't the most practical military idea, but hey free pets." RK tapped a few more coordinates into the map on the datapad. The medic had given up at this point and went back to bandaging her sprained leg.

"that's all well and good, but the compound is surrounded part didn't you understand?" the Twi'lek gripped the controls of his speeder lovingly, he'd escaped once, going back wasn't an option.

The medic snapped her head over and glared at the twi'lek, his eyes opening wide, but prepared for the beat down. "The di'kutla is right..."

"are you Mando'a?" Rk interrupted, he hadn't heard or been called a Di'kutla in years.

"...picked it up from one of the spacers a few years back, but that's not the point, point is you need medical attention. So Lorin, she's right, your speeder will be fine. I mean really."

"It's not my speeder, it's the fact we don't even know this woman, she could be an enemy, why you helped her is beyond me, and some secret enterance? could be a trap."

"I can assure you it's not a trap, and I have a few friend who can compensate you if your speeder is damaged, besides I can fix it once I get fully fixed...." rk grabbed her blaster from her hip holster and pointed it toward the direction they were going to head. ".... and on the flip-side, I ahve a weapon, military trained, I think we can take on the minimal amount of resistance we'll encounter. OWWW" RK's head snapped back to see a syringe sticking out of her left thigh. The medic winked and pushed the syring in, letting ht liquid into her blood stream.

"What? you wouldn't let me do it on your arm, adn you need the meds."

With a roll of her eyes, she patted the twi'lek on the shoulder and smiled. " it'll be okay, Lorin, just head towards these coordinates."

"Fine, but I don't have to like it."

"Nobody said you did, now I know my pilots name, what's my evil doctors name?"

"Shiay, and that's evil firld medic to you."

"That's to long, I prefer mad scientist."

Shiay smiled and started putting her bag away just as Lorin boosted the speeder towards their underground entrance.

--------------------------------

RK pressed her boot deeper into the sullustans abodmen, he didn't speak sullust, but at the least he could make a point. "Are there any others hiding around here?"

The sullusts eyes grew wider as he tried to speak, but nothing was coming out, jsut mild gasps of air.

"Do either of you speak sullust?" RK glanced back at his entourage, hoping one of them knew anything that could help.

Shiay spoke up first. "I know a little, mostly yes and no, but I'm assuming that's all you need."

"if he talks, let me know." RK pressed harder, this time she aimed her blaster and kneeled down beside the sullustan, pressing the barrel into her captives neck. "I'll ask one more time, is there anyone else around here?" it's not that I truly care, I just don't want anyone knowing the enterance

"Cho" the sullust gasped out, coughing between breaths.

"He said no, coast is clear."

"RK pulled the trigger and stood up heading towards the wall that was hulking right in front of them. "Good now he can't tell anyone, grab whatever you need from your speeder, this is going to be a long walk."

"Isn't this the enternce?" Lorin asked, skepticism in her voice.

"No, this is the shut down animal "barn" if you could call it that. We gotta search through this place for it, it links directly to the forward command center, it was in case of emergency evacuation."

"Sounds like a trap"

Rk snapped back, his leg screaming in pain, but he ignored it, he had to get both these medics alive, and himself. Lorin could be a casualty, he wouldn't care a bit, but he knew the flak he'd get from Havock if he killed either of them. "Not a trap, I want to get alive as much as you, and as your friend said I need medical attention, which can't be given in the field. So, the only option is getting to the command center. Why would I risk my life to get you both killed when I could do it myself?" dimwitted nerf herding syringe pusher.

"Lorin just relax, it'll be fine, besides She's tougher than both of us, even with her injuries. Did you not see what she did to that sullust?"

"Yea, that's what scares me."

Rk ignored the comment and opened the door to the barn, the smell of hay and feces smacked her in the face. She'd forgotten how much she hated dealing with the tauntauns back in the day, good thing they had been evacuated all those years ago, the stench she could ignore. "Okay, let's go, we might not have been the first one to find this place, and if we are well we'll be back home before we know it."

OOC:
1,034 words, making my way back to help with the command center defense.
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Member

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  856
Total Posts:  860
March 14, 2016 6:47:33 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor shook his head after watching Greatwolf eject and send his fighter careening into a Y-wing that had broken off from the main fray and was headed in the general direction of the Vast Empire command headquarters. He watched from a distance as the seat fell without a chute, then saw the chute pop out. Standard rules of engagement said that Greatwolf wouldn't be shot on the way down, although could be captured or killed once on the ground. Hopefully not, though.

“Hey Bolt, that was Greatwolf's fighter that just went down. Saw his chute pop though, he should be alright for now.” Trevor said, rolling his fighter back towards the main battle.

“Damn, we could have used his help up here.” Arianna replied, squeezing off a few shots at an X-wing and missing. She chased the X-wing through a series of loops and turns, occasionally firing off blasts from her cannons when she thought she had a shot lined up. Thanks to the distraction Arianna was providing, both her and the X-wing failed to notice the TIE of Aurora 11, Scandal, coming in from above.

Just as Arianna had her shot finally lined up, a volley of green tracers impacted the X-wing, destroying the astromech and sending the fighter into a shallow, spinning dive. The Republic pilot timed his ejection correctly and the canopy of the fighter burst away, allowing him an escape. Once clear of the battle his parachute also deployed, before he fell out of sight into the trees below. His X-wing exploded a few kilometres away after crashing into a row of buildings.

“Hey!” Arianna shouted out. “That was my kill!”

“Sorry Commander, had to steal it.” Scandal replied, cockily flying downwards past Arianna in a tight barrel roll. He continued downward farther than Trevor expected, before he yelped back onto the comm. “I've got no control inputs, everything is dead. Ground is approaching fast, canopy won't release!”

Scandal's Flight Leader, Jake, quickly hopped into the conversation. “Scandal, don't panic and just pull the manual release for the hatch, it'll also trigger the ejection seat.”

“Right, don't panic. Got this.” Scandal replied, easily reaching above his head but straining against the g-forces from the roll to pull his arm and the lever towards him. “Pulling...now!”

As predicted, the top hatch of the TIE flew off with little drama, but the ejection seat did not shoot out the top as Trevor was expecting to see. Scandal was audibly panicking over the comm now.

“Seat won't fire, controls still dead. No throttle, no air brakes, no seat, no yoke!” There was silence for a split second, then, sounding surprisingly calm, he continued. “I think this is it, guys.”

“No, don't quit, keep trying the yoke, try anything!” Arianna chirped, concern flowing through her voice. The rest of the battle seemed to stop for a few seconds as almost the entire squadron was now trying to pay attention to what was happening. A few more seconds passed in silence, finally broken by Scandal.

“I've got controls back! Pulling out of the roll and pulling back up. Dangerously low though!” He yelled, excitement filling the comm. Unfortunately, he was already too low. By the time he had the craft righted and was beginning to pull out of his dive, physics was no longer on his side. His TIE started a slow pull out of the dive but the lower portions of the wings collided with the ground at a 45 degree angle, flipping the rest of the fighter into the ground and igniting it into a large fireball.

“Sithspit! Cocky young idiot, what was he thinking!” Aurora 9 cursed angrily, the sound of his fist slamming against a control panel audible to all listening. Everyone else remained silent for a moment, before remembering they were in the middle of a large dogfight.

Trevor's attention snapped back to reality as he heard the missile lock warning from his fighter. He instinctively rolled to the right and pulled back hard on the yoke, cutting engine power with his other hand to send the fighter into an end-over-end spin. Predictably the Y-wing that had had the lock did not have the manoeuvrability to follow his tight arc and overshot. As soon as the tail end of the Y-wing filled his view port Trevor gave the engines 75% power and shot forward, coming out of the spin behind the Y-wing.

A quick double tap of the missile trigger with his thumb sent a pair of unguided missiles into the rear end of the Y-wing, colliding only seconds later. With no missile lock warning the Y-wing didn't even stand a chance to get out of the way. One of the engine pods snapped away from the Y-wing, with the other impacting near the astromech. With one engine gone and the pilot potentially unconscious, the bomber made a spinning decent, crashing less than three hundred meters from Scandal's resting place.

“Aurora Squadron, this is the Adjudicator. Just wanted to let you know we are uploading the fix for the virus now, you guys should be good to go in just under thirty seconds. Hopefully we aren't too late.” A voice said over the comm, one that Trevor recognized as the engineer he had first reported the problem to. “Wait, I'm only showing ten fighters left in the squadron?”

“Yes, unfor-” Arianna started, before Trevor cut her off.

“Yeah, we've lost two so far, but only one confirmed KIA and only one as a direct result of the virus. You did you best, thanks.” Trevor said, hearing a sigh come through from the engineer.

“Upload will be done in 15 seconds, good luck out there.”

OOC:
AAR: One of the NPC pilots from Aurora is down, thanks to the control system virus. An X-wing and a Y-wing are also down, so at least that's positive. The virus has also been repaired so we don't have to worry about that anymore Aurora.
Lt | Trevor Evenson | FL | 175th Aurora Squadron | 48th Sabre Wing | ISD-II Adjudicator | 1st Fleet | SFC | VEN | VE(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC][EoT:EC][LoT]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  707
March 16, 2016 9:11:26 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
Objective 1

Brightstar inwardly shuddered at the word 'vents'. Of all the things for her to be afraid of at a time like this. She took a steadying breath and focused for the time being on something else, or more like someone else. Havock had taken the lead again, but Bright didn't mind. The woman was a general after all. Besides, she was alive and healthy, so far as she could see. Bright would follow that woman anywhere even if she was just there to keep her alive. She knew what it was like to live in a galaxy where Ayme didn't. She didn't want to go back too it. Already she knew that if Havock asked, she'd do just about anything for her. But then, things had always been that way between them.

As they turned the corner into another corridor of the base, Bright focused on something else. She could think about her feelings for Havock later, none of it would make much difference if she let the woman get killed now. Her eyes searched every shadow and every entry for signs of their enemies. She could see the first vent grate from her position and mentally she began to prepare herself.

Ever since being buried alive on Thyveck, she had been irrationally afraid of enclosed spaces. It also didn't help that she somehow always seemed to find herself crawling through them. Vents made up the majority of her bad experiences as a smuggler and as a soldier. She has never frozen up, but that doesn't mean there isn't a first time for everything.

Thinking of being afraid of the vents made her flush slightly in annoyance and embarrassment. "Fraking vents are out to get me, I swear." She muttered as the two of them approached.

She was hoping that Havock hadn't heard what she'd said, but she clearly hadn't kept her voice low enough. The bemused expression on the general's features only made Rain blush brighter, the color staining her neck and  cheeks. She held her breath as Havock opened her mouth to say something, but the older woman just closed it again and shook her head. Bright let her breath go slowly, trying to buy herself some time before she had to actually jump inside the cursedly small space.

Before she had time to really think about it, Havock had already pulled the grate off the vent and was eyeing the distance to the opening. Without really thinking about it, Rain had formed her hands into a step so that she could give the general a boost. Havock didn't say anything, but gave Bright a small thankful smile and accepted the help. Rain didn't feel any strain when she lifted the other woman and wondered if the other woman was eating enough.

After Havock was in she took a deep breath and eyed the distance to the opening as well. It wasn't too far, but she'd misjudged such distances before and prepared herself to add more leverage to her jump. For a moment she felt a tingling sensation travel down her spine and pool in her feet, but she paid little mind to it. She had a job to focus on, she could worry about the sensation later. The moment she pushed off the floor she new she'd make the opening with ease and inwardly sighed.

Pulling herself into the vent behind Havock, Bright involuntarily shivered again and felt a sinking in her stomach. She had a bad feeling about this, as she did with all adventures that involved crawling  on her hands and knees inside a such small enclosed spaces. She took a moment to push down the wild beating of her heart and find something else to think about than the way the walls felt as though they were closing in on her.

OOC:
Bright and Havock are crawling through the vents looking for anything that could possibly make a huge boom and ruin everyone's day. They just might also find Merrick along the way, who knows.

Havock
ComNet Sultan

Havock

Post Number:  2388
March 18, 2016 1:19:27 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
Objective 1 – Vents moving to SOC

Vents, why do we always end up in vents? Ayme could hear Brightstar shuffling behind her through the filthy tubes towards their destination. The element of surprise was the only reason they used the vents. She wouldn’t bet her friends life on the assumption that they had found all the traitors. 

“You with me Rain?” Ayme whispered as she slowed her motion enough to turn in the cramp space and look at the other woman. Bright looked flushed but her eyes were determined as she nodded tersely.

With a sigh Ayme directed a puff of air from her mouth in a vain attempt to move her sweaty hair from her face. “Here’s my idea. We need to get to the Security Operations Center (SOC) it’s got all the non-essential security holos and I pulled the detail to assist in the academy control room so they are not currently monitored.”

Deep breaths punctuated Bright’s words as she spoke. “Use that to see if anything looks suspicious. You are actually making plans and not just running into danger? Who are you and what did you do with my squad leader?” Bright tried to end with a whispered laugh but it fell short between labored breaths.

Ayme smirked but didn’t respond right away. She continued to move knowing that the reason for her friends  discomfort was their current location. She remembered that the red head never really liked enclosed spaces yet they always seemed to end up in them in Raiders. Ayme didn’t mind so much, growing up she had been in worse places for far longer than she had experienced as a soldier.

Ayme muttered as she approached the grate leading down into the SOC. “She’s right here, and she’s not letting you get hurt.” With a grunt Ayme pushed the grate open and slowly lowered the metal in an attempt to silence the hinges. She slid forward enough to look down into the room.

Rows of terminals sat vacant with a wall of large screens flashing an over stimulating combination of scrolling text and pictures.  Ayme closed her eyes letting her senses sweep over the machinery, the last entry on any of the keyboards was several hours before. With that and the lack of movement she took her chances and dropped down into the room landing in a crouch. She quickly pulled her blaster up to the read and swept the room.

She turned to motion for Bright to drop down only to find the red head already securing the door to the SOC. Ayme shook her head but smirked fondly at the other woman.  She cracked her knuckles and approached the large displays that cycled through the main security feeds. Okay rats, where are you hiding?
Prefect of the Army

(KC2) (SoY)
Amacuse
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1012
Total Posts:  1047
March 21, 2016 10:58:09 AM    View the profile of Amacuse 
OOC:
Objective Besh

Fire.  Debris.  Silence.  It was the tell-tale sign of a fellow comrade going down.  Worst still... A pilot under her command.  Someone she was responsible for.  She took a deep breath as she watched for a 'shute.  'Come on... Don't let your arrogant self be done now... You're just getting started...' she thought to herself, her hands tightening on the yoke before she grinned wide at the sight of the grey and white parachute falling towards the surface.  With a quick slam, she pushed the accelerator forward as her fighter screamed off after a lone X-Wing, firing several volleys of green energy at it.

Arianna chased the fighter through loops and turns, attempting to shoot it down before it erupted in a ball of fire.  ’... I didn't do that..’ she thought as an Interceptor flew passed.  “Hey!!  That was my kill!”

“Sorry Commander, had to steal it.” The Interceptor pilot, Scandal, replied.  Arianna watched as he flew past him in a downward maneuver.  “I’ve got no control inputs, everything is dead.”

Arianna’s eyes widened at this, her grip tightening as she corkscrewed out of the way of a flurry of laser blasts.  ’No… not another one…’ she thought to herself, angling herself so that she should see Scandal’s fighter.

“Ground is approaching fast, canopy won’t release!”

“Scandal, don’t panic and just pull the manual release for the hatch, it’ll also trigger the ejection seat,” Cresh’s Flight Lead, Jake, responded.

“Right, don’t panic.  Got this..” She heard Scandal reply, throwing her fighter into a forced dive as well as an enemy fighter locked onto her tail.  “Pulling… now!”

Arianna didn’t notice the canopy burst out, focusing more on the fighter attempting to paint her tail a bright shade of orange.  With a grunt and a jerk, she threw the fighter quickly into a barrel roll, pulling up hard as the TIE narrowly avoided colliding with the ground below below, a breath escaping her lips that she didn’t realize she was holding.

“... I think this is it, guys.”  Her ears perked at those words coming over the comm, prompting her emotions to run wild inside her.

“No, don’t quit, keep trying the yoke!  Try anything!” The commander called out over the channel, ignoring the amount of concern she was pouring into her voice as she nearly crashed into one of the Y-Wings.  A second later she heard an explosion behind her, the pair of enemy fighters crashing into one another.

“-pulling back up!  Dangerously low though!” Scandal said loudly, Arianna only catching the last bit as she watched his Interceptor begin pulling up.  However, she soon realized that his descent was too rapid, shielding her eyes as her vision erupted in a blinding blast of fire and metal, pulling her own fighter up quickly to avoid joining her late-comrade in a similar fate.

“-uploading the fix to the virus now, you guys should be good to go in thirty seconds.  Hope we aren’t too late.  Wait.. I’m only showing ten fighters left in the squadron?”  The engineer she tasked with fixing the problem spoke out over the comm, her anger beginning to boil over at that point.

“Yes, unfor-” she started to reply before the one voice she was very predisposed to NOT wanting to hear chimed in.

“Yeah, we’ve lost two so far, but only one KIA and only one as a direct result of the virus.  You did your best, thanks,” she heard Besh Flight Leader, Trevor, respond. 

She was reeling by this point.  Not only had she lost two pilots, but now one of her own Flight Leaders was acting as if this was just acceptable!  ’Loss of life… no matter the situation… no matter the size or value… is unacceptable..’ she thought to herself before forcing her fighter to go faster, making a quick bee-line for the Y-Wings making their attack approach towards the capital city.  With a quick flick of her wrist, she sent her fighter barreling towards the canopy, leveling out meters from the surface as she began peppering the backs of the bombers with the sickly-green energy blasts that was signature of the dual laser cannons on her fighter.  One of the bombers strayed too close to her line of sight and was clipped in the engine by one of the blasts, sending it spiralling down to the surface where it became yet another addition to the growing collection of scrap metal littering the once-beautiful fields outside the Capital.

“Aurora Squadron.  I have lost enough pilots and suffered enough insubordination to last me ten lifetimes!  Form up and let’s finish this!  If we let even one bomber get through to the city, we might as well hand in our fighters and turn ourselves in for a court-martial!  Cresh Flight, fly up ahead and create a wall between the bombers and the capital!  Besh Flight, you are to engage their escorts!  Aurek, form up behind me.  We are taking down these bombers today!” She said loudly over the comm, ignoring any responses that came back over her headset as she slammed the accelerator forward as far as it could go, racing after the Y-Wings.

OOC:
AAR: Summed up Trevor's previous post and added in Arianna's actions.  Needless to say... she is not happy anymore.  Someone will probably get shot later...

Anyway.  Two bombers and one escort fighters down.  Commander Blaire rallies the squadron following the demise of one of their comrades, issuing new orders to hopefully end this field trip to the surface as quickly as possible.
Amacuse | Warrant Officer 1st Class | Squadron Commander | Vast Empire Navy

WO1 | Arianna "Bolt" Blaire | SC | 175th Aurora Squadron | 48th Sabre Wing | ISD-II Adjudicator | 1st Fleet | SFC | VEN | VE

(=A=) (=*SAE*=) (=TG=) (=^TG^=)
[IG] [MC:2] [NS H] [NS 1] [LSM] [GCM] [CBV] [DSM]X2
Mako
ComNet n00b

Mako

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  17
March 22, 2016 9:29:35 PM    View the profile of Mako 
Amram detested rushing things to to say that he hurried any where would be in accurate but he did not stay too long from his sniping position. The key to a strong misdirection was after all to not be where you are expected to be. He was on his way to rendezvous that was easy enough in theory. Putting it into practice was another story he would have to either truck around to another base entrance and possible lead a force to the same alternate entrance.

He once again thought the situation through, his best plan of action was to not find an alternate entrance but continue putting pressure on the enemies flanks. Amram was not the only Storm trooper to have thought of this or at least not the only one pursuing that particular course of action any more. There were now several strafing shots and true sniper shots coming from elsewhere and there were New Republic and Militia parties beginning to hunt for them.

Amram started to move away from where the largest amount of sniping and strafing fire was coming from. While he didn't hurry he did keep a brisk eight minute mile pace and happened upon a speeder with a turret mounted on its back. The speeder was parked with one gunner and one driver/spotter both paying attention to the combat and firing their turret at the body of Vast Empire forces.

Taking his pistol from its holster he crept towards the speeder and waited. If he timed things right he could mask his pistols noise with the noise from the turret. The gunner fired and so did Amram and put a hole into the spotters rib cage. Amram moved forward in the pause that it took the gunner to figure out that his partner had been killed. When the gunner found Amram standing next to the back of the speeder it was too late. Amram let the gunner utter "OH Shi!" before firing several shots into him.

Now taking the radio from the spotters cold dead hand he clicked it on and shouted "They're firing into us!." He hoped that both the New Republic and Militia were still on the same frequencies and hoped to further confuse the situation. Taking a boot lace from one of the dead militia men he set the turret to automatic fire and aimed it indiscriminately at the main body of New Republic and Militia soldier and tied the trigger into the firing position and left it to fire the recoil changing the position just so to hit another part of the New Republic Militia mass using a second boot lace to hold it in a general position.

A hunting party would soon be investigating the turret and why it was firing at them so Amram decided to not be there. He was not after one of those that would pull the trigger on the turret firing it into the mass yelling heroically while snipers began picking others off in a glorious fur ball of guns and erupting fire balls. Most likely he would get his head perforated. Leaving the turret to fire till its energy cell burned out or its barrel melted down. Amram Moved on.

OOC:
Objective 4 and 5 I think. 538 words. Basically Amram is putting pressure on the flanks of the New Republic and Militia forces and trying to keep them fighting.
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Moff
[VE-ICS] Baron Administrator
[VE-VEHC] Moff

Post Number:  2662
Total Posts:  2689
April 7, 2016 11:04:14 PM    View the profile of Fury 
He had flagged down a couple of cops and hoped they didn't shoot him on sight. They didn't. He and his guards managed to push a couple of wrecked speeders out of a path so emergency vehicles could get through. That earned him enough brownie points to get a few moments with a police commander.

He tried to explain the situation. And to have it explained back to him.

"Look Captain. I know I'm not the guy you are going to accept this from easily but we really didn't mean to leave. And, if you really want us out, there has got to be a better way to do it than this. If not, help me get to wherever the rest of the leadership is holing up so we can start circling the wagons."

The Captain grimaced. "No one knows that. Comms are spotty and frankly I don't know who is on what side. I'm just trying to keep my people alive...."

Fury held up a finger. "OUR people. I live here too. Have done so for more than a few years too minus recent events. I've got a house here, businesses. I just got my bar shot up. Yeah, I'm in this too. What do *you* need?"

He nodded. "That'll work for now. Okay. We need equipment. We need to set up medical facilities in a park or something. Shelters, food, doctors. And we need to get the fighting out of the residential districts. We're taking a beating."

Alright. This could work. No one had to fall in love, they just had to agree not to backstab each other.

"Okay Captain, here's the plan. Get me an escort and a team of badge-wearing folks. I've got warehouses full of crap that I'm gonna lose anyway if this doesn't get resolved soon. It's your's. Use it. I'll give ya the codes and have at it.

"In return, I need a lift to the old barracks out near that military spaceport east of town we never re-activated. Send any loyalist troops out that way. It has comm facilities we can all use and hopefully enough gear stashed to at least resupply anyone still fighting." He transferred the warehouse codes and added a note that should convince anyone guarding the place.

Meanwhile, his ride was arriving, an old LAAT the police had converted to some kind of overwatch/medevac role. He got in and headed out of town, hoping he could cobble together enough forces to help push the invaders out of town and off this rock.

OOC:
What does everyone need in terms of direction? Also, division heads and whatnot: can we get a glimpse of the grand scheme as you see it? Have some folks itching to keep writing to the next objectives.
OO/Moff Fury/HC/LOTAITH/VE [MoHx4][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Operations Officer - High Council
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Neutral StoryNet > Chapter 10: Complacency  |  New Posts     Post New Topic  |  Post Reply
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:21:32 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 56  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >