Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: War discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: War discussion
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post Number:  630
Total Posts:  1214
  RE: Counterpunch: War discussion
January 24, 2013 10:05:07 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
My latest post is up, and I am finally past the 10,000 word count for the story, putting me in the illustrious company of Dunny, Joamer and DeepSix.  (Oh, and Hades in about 600 words time)

Anyway, I thought I'd celebrate my recent promotion by having my character fail miserably!  That's right, the VSD Ravisher has escaped Serpent's wrath and he is pretty annoyed!

Next post will see Serpent vent his frustrations on the next Imperial Dominion fool to cross his path...
SCAP/LTJG Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:1][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2297
Total Posts:  3784
January 25, 2013 3:49:01 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Congrats!  I have to post more: I want in the club! 
CNW/CDR Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  639
January 29, 2013 9:08:28 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay folks, I have posted yet again!  We are now just 16 posts from the 100 mark!

Be aware that the intention is to finish this story in the next few weeks (so we can roll on to the fourth and final part of the Counterpunch Campaign).  So everyone start thinking about wrapping up your stories and battles!

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  647
Total Posts:  1245
January 29, 2013 10:53:18 PM    View the profile of Hades 
I'll hopefully have a post up tonight

Chief of Naval Training, 54th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

[MC1] [CBV] [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC] [NSM] [LoM] [CC:2] [DSM] [1NS]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA}  (=*SWC*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  364
Total Posts:  438
January 30, 2013 2:49:06 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Well then. Looks like I'll have to start a /new/ club.

Monster post incoming, methinks.
SCO|SCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt One|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2334
January 31, 2013 7:42:25 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
See my OOC note on my latest post, folks.  Just to reiterate: we're winding up in about a week, to coincide with the end of PHAB Competition.  POST!  We have IC reasons aplenty to finish this battle strongly, and OOC incentives, too. 

After the story wraps (hopefully breaking the 100-post mark), we'll do promotions, awards, transfers, and the like.  I'm SO proud of everyone already; let's finish strongly now, and make this story one for the VEN history books! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  672
January 31, 2013 9:11:57 PM    View the profile of Hades 
You heard the boss! Let's get to it, people - 100 posts is only 11 posts away! Let's push it to that milestone and beyond.

SCO | ESN "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

VENI

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  648
February 1, 2013 8:38:52 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
With the most recent post (as in mine) we have just crossed the 120,000 word mark!  Incredible work!  This is seriously the length of a novel now guys! 

(not a George R R Martin novel, I mean, but like a normal Star Wars novel.)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2346
February 2, 2013 5:47:29 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ok, folks.  As soon as you're able, please chime in here with your plans to wrap up your individual story arcs, so we all know what's up.  Remember, PHAB Comp rewards cooperation especially! 

For my part, I'd like to get in at least one more NPC post from an Imperial Dominion POV, and then I plan on closing out the story with a pretty significant post, the content of which will be largely determined by what you all write in the next few days!  VENI's mission might end with a massive explosion, still, and Strill might help the fleet or might die trying, and Chlovi is about to face a very tough set of opponents, and whatever choices you guys make will have consequences, as we transition to the final story of the record-breaking Counterpunch arc, named for the final horseman of the Apocalypse: Death!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  681
February 2, 2013 7:03:10 PM    View the profile of Hades 
Just to add to trick's points,we're so close to 100 posts! Let's make War an ending to remember!

VENI

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2354
February 5, 2013 6:08:43 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
My latest contribution puts us at a staggering 101 posts, everyone!

If you look at the statistics for the Naval Story Board ComNet, Counterpunch: War is now the 6th "Hottest Topic of All Time" (6th most-posted-to story in club history).  Just 2 more posts will put us in 5th place, overtaking VEN: Into the Invisible (which I joined midway through, upon joining the VE), which will make this the most-posted-to story since before I joined the club.  That's incredible.

Those stats become even more impressive when you consider the quality and average word count of our posts to Counterpunch: War.  The Navy of yesteryear was very different: it was more a sort of flash-fiction rp, and there were only starfighter pilot PCs.  So while they got as high as 156 posts on one story, every single one of those posts was just a couple hundred words.  By contrast, we're averaging well over a thousand words per post, and regularly seeing 3,000, 4,000, even 6,000-word short stories pop up as single "posts."  I am THRILLED with the quality of storytelling everyone is bringing to the table.

So, let's wrap up all the plot threads, drive the post count even higher, and get psyched!  Because since this is the most successful story the Navy has run since I even joined (and by some measures, the most successful story the division has ever run), you better believe I'm going to be recognizing everyone who contributed to that success.  Epic story = epic shinies.  And what's even more exciting: all this is basically just a lead up to the final event... Counterpunch: Death is coming, and emboldened by all your hard work, my new goal for that story is to smash every record standing. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  688
February 5, 2013 8:49:47 PM    View the profile of Hades 
I'll try to get a post up -- I've been relatively lacking in the creative department over the past few days, though I've got something brewing in my head to convert into a post

VENI

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  653
February 5, 2013 9:47:47 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
One more post to come from me, sometime in the next 24 hours I should guess.

Just further to Trick's comments, I joined just after Into The Invisible, so this story is now just one post away from becoming the biggest I have ever participated in at the Vast Empire!

In short, the glory days are here!

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  693
February 6, 2013 1:20:37 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I cooked up a little somethin'-somethin'. Hooray, post!

Also, I thought I'd look at the stats for the ComNet as a whole. Lo and behold, look what I found.
    Top posters in the last 7 days;
    1.    Hades    43
    2.    Trykon    36
    3.    Dunny    16

In other news, one more post and we overtake Into the Invisble in posts!

VENI

[This message has been edited by Hades (edited February 6, 2013 1:21:30 AM)]
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  380
February 6, 2013 2:39:59 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Haha, and I don't even have access to the NHC comnet - not bad from a grunt :P

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2358
February 6, 2013 3:06:57 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Not bad for everyone in the division: an Army higher-up sent me a screenshot that showed the discussion thread and story thread for Counterpunch: War both had 100 posts, exactly, at one point.  That's a great visual representation of just how much cooperation, coordination, and teamwork has gone into this story.  Like I've said, I'm very, very proud of the Navy. 

Glory days, indeed!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  381
February 6, 2013 3:14:38 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
They're only gonna get more and more glorious.

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2371
February 6, 2013 3:30:50 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Roughly 36 hours to go, folks, before I post the finale and this ends.  Wrap up your threads now!  Strill and Chlovi, in particular: don't lose momentum now! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  656
February 6, 2013 8:01:06 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
And the Brilliant's part of the battle is finished!  Come on everyone, you have time to post too!

As I have been throughout the story, I have been keeping a running tally of everyone's scores and averages.  The stats are looking good and I shall post them when the story finishes.  Just to note, though, we have now broken the 140,000 word mark!

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  710
February 6, 2013 8:28:18 PM    View the profile of Hades 
Great post, Serpent! Honestly, I loved it. Brilliant's last post for the story was nothing short of Brilliant!

VENI

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  715
February 6, 2013 10:08:07 PM    View the profile of Hades 
My final post is up and hints and what role Vrail might take in the coming battle! He might even be a C-SCAP alongside the likes of Captain Ramius, if his falsified report gains him the double promotion and Imperial Cross.

And that's all my arcs wrapped up for War - some, like the story of Nighthunter aboard the Reactionary or indeed the aforementioned Vrail arc - will be continued with the beginning of Death. Keep posting guys, especially Strill and Chlovi - you've still got arcs that are in progress!

I would say "let's finish with a bang", but that's already assured thanks to the VENI Strike team.. So, let's finish with multiple bangs!

VENI

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  304
Total Posts:  786
February 7, 2013 2:32:55 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Ok so since Strill needed the help, even though I said I would wait to post til Death I did an NPC post! Sorry for the fact that it is super rushed and lacks a lot of detail. I wrote that in about an hour just to get something up that made sense. Can't wait to see the rest of the results from Chlovi!

So there you go, Hades. You got another squadron post to make you happy.
SXO | SCRW Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE [SoA]
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  688
Total Posts:  973
February 7, 2013 1:00:48 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Currently War has 108 posts and comes ranked #5 throughout the Naval storyboard's history. Just pointing out that there's another story - a fairly old story (2006) - that's ranked #4 only 4 posts further down the road. I plan on adding a couple more posts myself, bringing our tally to 110. Trykon will have to officially end the story too so his post will further raise the number to 111. Just two more posts however and we could break yet one more record while we're at it. Any takers on that not so subtle offer?
WC/LTJG DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

TRN/JRN DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  306
Total Posts:  786
February 7, 2013 1:15:39 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Joamer is also posting tonight. And I'm sure we can expect a Chlovi post or two? I am fully supportive of shoving some awesome posts in last minute to get War to be that much more awesome.
SXO | SCRW Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE [SoA]
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  690
February 7, 2013 1:29:48 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Then would this be a bad time to mention that #3 is ranked at 117 and #2 at 122?

Realistically speaking it's unlikely we'll be able to post a dozen posts in a single day to take the second spot. Even third may be difficult given the deadline barking at our heels. Still, fourth is I believe well within our reach and we should totally aim for it!
WC/LTJG DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2382
February 7, 2013 4:15:45 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great additions Avalar, Cervidae, and now Deep!  I hadn't heard "Byss Cheese" before... funny.  There are 11.75 hours remaining until the end of PHAB competition, everyone, and then I'll post the finale for War.  Keep it up!  It looks like most plotlines are at least marginally sorted out, but let's see how far we can push this story before the deadline! 

So proud of everybody!

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Cabby
ComNet n00b

Cabby

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  53
February 7, 2013 4:20:40 PM    View the profile of Cabby 
Just letting people know that I'm gonna do my best to get a good long post up by tonight.
FM/SCRW Cabby/Cobalt 11/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ W:101 "Blade"/ISD 'Adjudicator' TF:A/2FLT/SC/VEN/VE
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2383
February 7, 2013 4:24:22 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Good to hear, Cabby!  As ever, I'm trying to be encouraging, here, not threatening.    If you can get a post up before the deadline, great!  For you and for Chlovi!  If not, it won't be the end of the world, and I'll be sure to let you post what you have before I end the tale. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  693
February 7, 2013 5:30:37 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
My final post is up. I may post another final one after Trykon ends the story but that would depend on how exactly it ends - basically it would involve getting back to the ship and other menial tasks like that...

Will just note that we currently stand at 111 posts with 147k words. So maybe two more posts worth about 3k total to break two more records?

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2388
February 7, 2013 7:36:28 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Hehe.  Well, having the bomb actually go off changed my plans a little, but that is not a bad thing at all. 

I've taken a couple poetic paragraphs I was working on to start my finale post, and added Adjudicator-POV reaction-to-the-explosion stuff, and posted, mostly to clarify a few things.  The important bits are in the After Action Report, but to reiterate: the ID cap ships leave, the explosion messes up sensors, and then the survivors on all sides are still at war (and there are still ID TIE forces present after the explosion).

About 7.5 hours left until the end of PHAB Comp, everyone, and then I'll be posting a finale for the story! 

Also, that means just 5 non-me posts are needed to make this the third most-posted-to story in division history.  We could make it to the medal ceremony, y'all!  Bronze beats fourth place anyday! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited February 7, 2013 7:40:07 PM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: War discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:42:39 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 84  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >