Author
Topic:  Eclipse-class Star Destroyer
Master
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  13
  RE: Eclipse-class Star Destroyer
June 20, 2002 8:18:32 AM    View the profile of Master 
Tycho if your talking about the DarkStar i didnt have a say mainly due to the fact we had the DarkStar before i joined the IW! And the DarkStar was scrapped anyway due to Command Staff descion which i partook in. My two Main points are as follows: 1) Where did you get the plans for the ship (or the ship) the only copy was destroyed at Byss when it went nova. 2) The VE doesnt have the numbers for a ESSD, according the the essentail guide it can carry 600 Tie Interceptors and Eight Squads of Tie Bombers, and to top it off you need over 700,000 beings just to run the damn thing. Hell the VE doesnt even have numbers for a SSD. And whoever said im not really an active member, does it really matter, i still have a point and it appears most of you are to stupid to admit it.

-----------------------
Master
Fallen Angels
"I have often feared that one day my sins would come back to haunt me, and it is something i could not bare" - The Patriot.

"You can take my life, you can take my soal, but you try to take me saber and heads will roll" -Master

"The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
June 20, 2002 8:33:13 AM    View the profile of Japheth 
"My two Main points are as follows: 1) Where did you get the plans for the ship (or the ship) the only copy was destroyed at Byss when it went nova. 2) The VE doesnt have the numbers for a ESSD, according the the essentail guide it can carry 600 Tie Interceptors and Eight Squads of Tie Bombers, and to top it off you need over 700,000 beings just to run the damn thing. Hell the VE doesnt even have numbers for a SSD." 1) We're based before the Thrawn Trilogy, and thus, before the time of the Dark Empire comic series. 2) They're called NPCs.

-----------------------
NXO/RAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-2/ISD Overlord/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][MC:1][KC]
HM/KPT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-5/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE

I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence.
-Doug McLeod
Master
ComNet n00b

June 20, 2002 8:50:17 AM    View the profile of Master 
Ok, ill give you some credit with the answer to point one, however the Eclipse wasnt finished until after the Thrawn Trilogy. KDY fled to Byss with the unfinished Eclipse not to long after Thrawn died when the New Republic attacked KDY shipyards to capture them. And the second point, you have 47 people in the navy. Which ends up evenly filling 5 squadrons, 47 pilots against 600+ room. Sorry but NCP's arnt going to fill the other 550 fighters. The EH can not completly fill its Soverign SSD and we have almost 2000 members in the Tie Corps. Sure members are situated on many ISDs as well but thats not the point. Its just the fact u cant make up 550+ worth of NPC's.   ----------------------- ~Master~ Retired Intruder Wing Officer Retired Fallen Angel Commando
[This message has been edited by (edited June 20, 2002 9:11:36 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
June 20, 2002 1:15:56 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Obviously, those who hate everything about this club can either quit loitering or just leave. As for what the HC decides to do: it's their club, it's their money financing it, it's their decision as to whatever does or does not go on here. I am just a peon like the rest of you. But I figure if we can have people of superhuman strength and intelligence who are - by the way - totally infalliable condescending jerks to our new members as part of our group, then they should be considered of greater harm to our "image" or whatever the problem is than another hunk of metal in orbit around our systems. I understand the logistical problem.  Then again there are groups out there with 10 members (2 active) and a whole sector fleet. If the majority of the active membership could care less, why keep broaching the subject? It's called an imagination.  It's also called entertainment. /me calls for a cleaning droid to dispose of the spilt milk.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Matok
ComNet Novice

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  102
June 20, 2002 4:00:07 PM    View the profile of Matok 
"It's called an imagination.  It's also called entertainment." Heh, Fury, you saved the day again . I was wondering why some people were worrying about such a topic. Its RPG.. Role Playing. Its a story.. the HC can do what they like. if Lucas decided that today, all the Imperials are going to be walking chickens, then thats the story. If the HC says that the VE has an eclipse, guess what... it has an eclipse. For those who are worrying about details to the bone, "Its just the fact u cant make up 550+ worth of NPC's", consider this.. Star Wars is a story.. its not real. The story starters can do what they want. I dont see real people playing civilians do we in EH? no. All Role Playing is a story. Consider that.

-----------------------
Rafran Matok;
[GM Matok/CO/AC/ARMY/FES]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
June 20, 2002 4:32:18 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Tools... And for the most part, rusty tools....

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Priest, Dark Lord of the Krath, Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
Give in to your hatred.  Give in to your anger.  Give in to the Dark Side.
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
June 20, 2002 4:55:47 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
Japheth, Maybe one day people will listen to you like they do Fury. Well said, everyone ... well except you know who.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

Post Number:  438
Total Posts:  438
June 20, 2002 5:09:43 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
ladies and gentlemen, being as how it's all fine and dandy that you want this club to be as realistic as possible let me throw out some pointers to you. 1) Where did we get the plans?  The EH has an ESSD, we stole the plans from them.  If you want to know where they got the plans, feel free to go bother them, i'm tired of it. 2) The ESSD is run by a lot of NPC.  You are not the only people in the VE.  You're just selfish bastards that only want to write stories about yourselves.  For once, include NPC in your stories, it will improve your writing a lot. 3) People that don't do anything in the VE do not get the option of whining when things don't go their way.  4) The ESSD is currently in orbit around Lotiath seeing as how it is brand new, and isn't completely finished being built.  Imagine that.  It's a freaking huge ship.  Some things take time to finish. 5) Don't get me started on people pulling things out of their butts.  I can go find several stories where this happens. 6) As I am the Operations Officer, and you're not, it's my job to write the story line for the VE, not yours.  So basically what this means is, I can pull a George Lucas, completely rewrite things the way I want, and you can't do crap about it.  Seeing as how you can't do crap about it, how about you stop wasting your breath and find something useful to argue about, like why they don't have burger kings in india.

-----------------------
::Salute::
FM Threeof4
Field Marshal - Vast Empire
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Red5
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
June 20, 2002 7:24:36 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Ah yes, good ol' Red5 will again speak out, annoying you all and making you wish you had never spoken. First off, what happened to Master's statements about the ESSD being incredulous? I don't see them anymore...maybe he finally figured out his place. I think he takes VE a little too seriously. Next on the agenda... I suppose Master conveniently missed someone's statement about clones...do you think all of the Spaarti cloning cylinders were in Mount Tantiss? Hmm? No, they weren't. Yes, NPC's are wonderful. And who says we don't put them in our stories. I believe Chapter 7 was a major turning point in which we decided it would be fun to use NPCs as cannon fodder, did we not? So the originaly ESSD isn't finished yet, eh? Well, we obviously have superior labor then, don't we? Thats all my venting for now! Oh, and some more names: Tsunami Lucifer Trident Abba (Hebrew for "Father") Ojuda Arjuna Pton Volition Stormcrow Avenger Bastion Myrmrim

-----------------------
Winners never quit; quitters never win.

[PO1][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
June 20, 2002 8:09:22 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
ESSD Star Scream ESSD Minipulator ESSD Infuriator ESSD Superiority ESSD Prestige ESSD Eminent ESSD Ruthless ESSD Warlord ESSD Combatant ESSD Magistrate ESSD Fatality ESSD Malignant ESSD Liborator ESSD Demon ESSD Oblivion ESSD Slaughter ESSD Massacre ESSD Dominator ESSD Lethal ESSD Slayer

-----------------------
Dawk "Cosmic" Rhonaey
CoT/MAJ Cosmic/HCA-3/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][GS][SoS][MSM][IOC]
-----------------------
Dawk "Cosmic" Rhonaey
SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
June 20, 2002 8:24:25 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Master, I was just kidding around with the comment. IW still had no where enough people to run a fleet of that size (At least one Mon Cal Cruiser, a couple Star Destroyers, and a few support vessels). Threeof4 has spoken, I guess, and he is superior to like all of us. That leads me to ask one question: Can I be the captain of it? A second, much more serious question: when does the naming contest end--the newsstory said one week...

-----------------------
Corporal Tycho Celchu, Slicer
Dread Knights, Vast Empire's Stormtrooper Corps
Union Representative of the Dread Knights
[email protected]
AIM: Tycho987
Master
ComNet n00b

June 20, 2002 8:38:56 PM    View the profile of Master 
Sorry sorry, guess people cant voice their oppions sheesh. Oh and btw the EH doesnt have a Eclipse, it has a Soverign Super Star Destroyer which is several klicks shorter than a ESSD.

-----------------------
~Master~
Retired Intruder Wing Officer
Retired Fallen Angel Commando

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Eclipse-class Star Destroyer  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:57:08 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 66  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >