Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Operation: Express Justice

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   
Author
Topic:  Operation: Express Justice
StarFruit
ComNet Member

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  513
Total Posts:  799
  RE: Operation: Express Justice
January 19, 2012 10:41:19 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
OOC:
RAIDERS

”Papa bear is coming to dinner, leave me a place at the table.”

Her face contorted into something was obvious distaste and annoyance. “What the gorrom hell did that bastard just  say-“ But before she could finish her string of usual curses, there was a knock on the steel door which told her that the others had arrived. “Enter.” The word was simple, cold, from a pair of lips that had suddenly turned transformed into the lips of a high ranked security officer, known for her good deeds and her well decorated record. Respect was even in there somewhere, but it was harder for Jae to play that off.

“Your squad is here, m’am.” The voice came from a tall man that entered the room, followed by what was, ironically, actually Jae’s squad. She stifled the chuckle that tried to fight its way to her lips, and instead gave a curt now. “Will you be needing anything?” The same man asked, stepping to the side to allow the others to pass through the door and file into the room, taking their seats around the circle table, each turning their heads to all narrow their eyes at the security guard, who in turn shuddered and straightened himself. It was smart to fear the RAIDERS, even if you didn’t know it was the RAIDERS.

Quickly, she answered, having already thought of this before, and prepared other backup measures. “Shut down the cameras and audio to this room. We will need perfect privacy for the discussion to be had.” Again her voice was even, cold and slow, much unlike her normal snarly tone, but it was needed, despite how much it pained her to not act herself. She had been at it for two weeks already, so why stop now?

“But, m’am-“

“Check my files; I’m authorized for such privacy. You asked, I told. Now leave us be.” The command was colder than before, her one good sea-foam eye flashing as it narrowed at the guard. “Out.” Nodding quickly, the man turned and slowly left the room, only to bolt down the hallway once he thought the door was closed enough for no one to see. Jae chuckled, and looked at each of her squad mates, who were also smiling and stifling their own laughter. There were a few beeps, signifying that the room was no secure, no video or sound and Jae smirked even wider as she reached into her back and pull out a small device. With a click of the button, the light on the top turned green, enticing a happy squeak. “Sweet, it works. This gives out a high pitched frequency. Any attempted listening will fail.” Her pride was obvious, but her boasting was cut short as there was a sudden pounding in the ceiling.

Within the next moment Joamer had climbed out of the ceiling, and took his seat at the table. “Papa bear’s here-“

“Shut up and wait for Garryll's orders.” Jae said with a light chuckle.

OOC:
500 exact.

RAIDERS are all in a room with, secured with no cameras or audio, and also with Jae's little trinket that stops all attempted listening by scrambling it with a high pitched frequency.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
ASL||Gunnery Sergeant StarFruit||2SQD||1PLT||1COM||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
(5.1)
PCW||Privateer 'Jae'||Broken Bitch||Eyesore||Osk Company
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited January 20, 2012 11:35:30 AM)]
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  63
Total Posts:  90
January 19, 2012 11:18:15 PM    View the profile of Fain 
OOC:
Blackjack

"Love you too, sweetheart," roughly taking Aelin's arm and calming himself for the public eye and walking into the crowded promenade.

"Let go of my hand," Aelin exclaimed, snatching her hand away from Fain's grasp, catching the attention of a few pedestrians, storming off towards the hangar. Fain threw his head back, rolling his eyes. Heaving a great sigh, Fain followed Aelin through a set of blast doors that lead through the hangar's docking umbilical, and into the spacious room watching Aelin survey the hangar. One of the ingress shuttles was over into a the far corner and durasteel cargo containers lined the corrugated walls. Nodding at the few troopers who filled the space, busying themselves by preparing for the coming assault, Fain started reading through the assorted labels, eyes lighting up as he found the stacked cases containing most of Blackjack's equipment.

"Aelin..." Fain called over to his squad mate, beckoning her over to the stacks of containers. "I thought you'd want to gear up as soon as you were able." Her response a curt nod. Each container contained three trooper's gear, the ASL and SL having separate storage for formality's sake. Fain began picking out pieces of his kit, stripping down and dawning the black under suit that served as lining for his armor; crimson plastoid pieces following suit. After securing his armor, all pieces secure except his helmet which he left in the container. Looking back down into the container, Fain saw what looked like a ragged sheet made of rough fabric.

Perfect
, Fain thought, smiling wolfishly to himself. Using a vibroblade from the pile of gear, sliced up the strips and started to fashion a simple robe out of the fabric to conceal the blood red armor, secreting the knife among the folds.

"You look foolish" Aelin said, stepping out from behind the stacked containers, decked out in her Stormtrooper kit.

"Yeah? How about now..." Fain returned, retrieving a blaster carbine from storage. All dramatic effect of the fierce looking weapon lost as an armored man dropped through a vent in the ceiling, landing with a heavy clang on the deck. Aelin and Fain instantly springing to action, trying to subdue the armed stranger. After wrestling the man to the ground, and Fain's carbine being shoved in the man's face, a voice came out over the helmet's external speaker.

"Nice to see you too, Fain. You wanna lower your weapon? Aelin, get the bloody hell off of me!"

"I hope you appreciate how close you were to being fragged just now, Crest." Fain scolded, helping Aelin off of the Private.

"You know how I love an entrance," Crest's words mumbling slightly as he removed his helmet and flashed the two Stormtroopers a cocky smile.

"Figures," scoffed Aelin, stalking off to cool her head.

"How's married life treating you, Fain?" Crest joked.

"...has it's moments."

"You seen the Cap--" the man's words cut off by the arrival of the rest of Blackjack, Captain Garryll and Sergeant Valthir.
OOC:
Word Count: 500 exactly
Private First Class Michael Alexander Fain
Storm Platoon
Blackjack
ETRP/PFC Fain/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR]

"There are very few personal problems that can't be solved by the suitable application of high explosives"
[This message has been edited by Fain (edited January 19, 2012 11:19:38 PM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  620
Total Posts:  710
January 19, 2012 11:31:47 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
Jester

“You weren't going to have so much fun without me, were you?” Bright asked quietly as she entered the hangar. Her vivid violet eyes danced with amusement while the rest of her expression was that of an irritated security guard coming to break up a gathering. “Oi! Move along you miscreants. This isn't a play area.” She said louder for the benefit of those within hearing distance.

“Bloody spoil sport.” Lightray called, quieter he said, “We wouldn't dream of it, Boss.”

Bright scowled convincingly and made shooing motions, her hands forming signs that only her boys would recognize. (Meet at checkpoint Charlie.) With that the small group dispersed each going their separate routes to the predetermined checkpoint. To Dunny before he left, Bright winked. “How 'bout that drink?” She asked. “You can tell me all about your plans for the future. Surely you didn't want to be a mechanic your whole life.”

The two red heads headed out of the hangar in comfortable and easy steps. “Well you see, when I was a kid, my buddies and me pulled a prank on a few of the bullies. Lets just say it involved explosives and a artificial gravity generator.” Dunny laughed as he appeared to remember. “Ah those were good times. Needless to say it helped us to get out of the building they had trapped us in by distracting not only them but the security guards that had been chasing us around too.”

Bright laughed. If she understood Dunny correctly, Jester was going to be involved in shutting down the artificial gravity in a sector of Liberty in order to distract several of the station's forces. “Well, it's a good thing that it worked, or you wouldn't be here to be sharing a drink with little ol' me.” She replied.

Dunny just looked at her and grinned. Close to ten minutes later, the two of them had arrived at their destination. It was secluded and way out of any normal person's way. It was half the reason that her and Joamer had agreed on it being the place for the meet up. “Lets talk about this plan inside.” She said, dropping her pretenses and acting. For now she was all business.

OOC:
381, Jesters converge on Checkpoint Charlie.
SL/PSGT Brightstar D'Jonoc/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[SRP][SCA][AS-2][ES1][ES1]{RES}[EW2][EW1][PT][ECA][RCoD]

"For your sake, I really hope that isn't a challenge."

CAP'N|Captain Bright|Jolly Roger|Eyesore|OSK Company
Kilroy
ComNet Novice

Kilroy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  69
Total Posts:  120
January 20, 2012 12:07:41 AM    View the profile of Kilroy 
OOC:
Blackjack

Why does the refresher smell like bacon? John thought, oddly amused of the strange choice of restroom fragrance as he continued to heave out the remains of his lunch.  Despite the fact that the average Cadian was practically unstoppable on any battlefield, Kilroy was unable to figure out just what sort of higher being would also make such a force highly susceptible to something as trivial as space sickness.  Upon the completion of a successful projectile vomit session, the young veteran began to get back to the business of reaching the rendezvous point.  A task that would be fairly easy considering the fact that John had memorized the layout of Liberty Station beforehand; well would be if he wasn’t stopped every five minutes by random girls.

“Hey there sexy…You got a minute to spare?”

“I’m…sorry?”

“Oh come on now, how could such a handsome man like you deny a poor girl like me a drink?”

Quite easily, since you are the 14th Amazon that has tried to get into my pants this night. Kilroy reflected, knowing full well that Rei and Tanner would give him hell for going out with a different girl.  Ever since Blanchard incident and certain parts of his bio-enhanced body becoming fully active, John found it increasingly hard to not have members of the fairer sex want to jump him; an occurrence that was turning to be both amusing and frustrating at the same time for him.  The fact that the pheromones secreted by the Tohno gland seemed to affect suitably attractive humans and near-humans alike was not lost to the young Cadian.  If only Rei was here, then things would be going a lot smoother and without these damn flags popping up!

“I certainly hope you don’t plan on keeping me waiting now.”  The rather voluptuous brunette seductively stated, hoping that she could charm the man that caught her eye.

“Keep you waiting?  I don’t think so miss legs.  He’s going out with us!”

Damn it why can’t I be off duty right now?
The corporal grimaced; realizing that the longer he stood around, the harder it would be for him to go unnoticed.  Hearing the distinct click of his com-link, John took the opportunity to distance himself from the quartette of good-looking cover girls.

“Kil here, what’s going on topside?”

“Sup Killjoy? Me an a few of the boys were thinking of a prank to pull – want in?”

“I’d love to join in the shenanigans, unfortunately I am currently in quite the predicament right now.”

“Oh?”

“Let’s just say that there are quite a few people here that want to have my babies, and they want to have them now.”

Hoping that he was far enough, John began to run as quickly as he could to the rendezvous point.  No matter how many times he had to loose the increasing number of fangirls he had, the soldier fully intended on getting back to his squad in one piece.  And maybe, just maybe, I could finally take Rei out for once. 

OOC:
506 words in total
TRP/LCpl Kilroy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[5.1]/[PT]/[EW1]
[This message has been edited by Kilroy (edited January 20, 2012 12:08:04 AM)]
THX1138
ComNet Cadet

THX1138

Post Number:  204
Total Posts:  555
January 20, 2012 8:08:06 AM    View the profile of THX1138 
OOC:
JESTER

Dunny seemed genuinely curious in understanding Therex. Before Therex could answer his questions though, he was cut off. Twice. Once by Lightray, and the other time by Bright. Now everyone was shuffling out of the hangar, trying to appear nonchalant and casual. Bright had done something with her hands and Therex was confused as to it's meaning or purpose. Running to catch Light before he got too far, he asked him about it.

"Just show up at Checkpoint Charlie and we will discuss our plans there. Just make sure no one is following you."

After Lightray disappeared around a corner, Therex leaned against a wall, acting as if he had nowhere else to be. When enough time had passed, he pushed off the wall and started down the hall, towards the small room that all their gear had been stashed. Scanning the hallways one last time, he was satisfied that he wasn't followed.

When the door slid open, the rest of the squad was about to start shuffling out. Bright glared at him and shook her head. Ever since he had joined this squad, he always felt that Bright wasn't to happy with Therex's nonmilitary way of doing things.

"You're late," she said, stating the obvious.

Therex sheepishly shrugged at her.

"Yes, but only fashionably." he remarked.

Sighing she grabbed Dunny and pulled him forward.

"You stick with Therex," she said, punctuating his name with something akin to a growl.

Dunny nodded at her and motioned for Therex to follow him.

"By the way, you never answered my question," he said as they left Bright's piercing glare.

"Yeah," Therex said smiling, "some people just are so rude."

As they kept walking Therex told him the cliffnotes of his life on Csilla, his upbringing in he upper classes of life, the inciden with his brother that had him thrown in jail at the age of 14 as "adjustment therapy", and finally culminating in his joining up with the VE.

When Dunny was satisfied with the information, he started telling him about his grand idea.

OOC:
343 words
"He has his orders, and when a Chiss accepts orders he carries them out, period."

"He's in there, I was gonna shoot him but I was... busy."

"Chiss don't invade the territories of others. We don't even make war against potential enemies unless we're attacked first."

"You have to admire the Chiss. They don't just steal your technology—they make it better."

TRP/PSC THX-1138/ 3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE/[EW1] [ECA]

Garryll Gates
ComNet Marshal

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1817
Total Posts:  2159
January 20, 2012 11:29:55 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

Hours had passed since the last two squads of Phoenix had ‘infiltrated’ Liberty Station. It had been dicey and none-too-subtle, but they were all onboard now; Blackjack, Eclipse, Jester and Raiders. The Stormtrooper elite; the top soldiers of the Vast Empire.

Blackjack and Eclipse sat around the ‘Holdout Charlie’ as Joamer had labeled it, armed up and ready for the war they excelled at. Elsewhere in the station, Raiders and Jester were making their final preparations.

The Blackjacks finally looked really comfortable; true, they’d not been able to smuggle any real SCOPE armor that’d really put the fear of the Empire into Liberty, but light body armor and E-45s would cut it this time. And once the hammer dropped, they could get resupplied.

“Blackjacks,” Gates sang into his comlink. “Sound ‘em off.”

Valthir rang out first; his loyal assistant rock-steady as usual, unfazed by anything that happened. Crest called out second - the infiltration oddball of a squad best-known for the chaos they caused. Kilroy barked out his own presence - the stereotypical, blood-thirsty and deadly Blackjack trooper. Fain and Aelin called out next - and glanced at one another with some distaste - the troopers he’d served with the shortest time, the ones he knew the least; he could count on them, irregardless.

A heartbeat later, Orr’s voice rolled from his corner of the room; the deadly ARC Commander with that careless demeanor but absolutely fatal skill set.

“Raiders, Jester, Eclipse - y’all ready for this?” Gates said, smoothly shifting from Squad Leader to Company Commander.

Across the room, Skarr nodded; his team was as ready for their mission as Gates’ was, and the visual proof was before him. Brightstar and Joamer’s voices came quickly as well, a short confirmation.

With that, they were ready.

Gates flicked on his comlink, opening up the most dangerous, company-wide channel, and addressed all four squads.

“Phoenix, this is the Captain speaking,” Gates spoke slowly, enunciating clearly. “Today, we must fight for the survival of one of the Empire’s most important worlds. I do not exaggerate when I say that the failure of this mission could very well spell the beginning of a long, bloody war that could come knocking at Tadath’s very door. I know not every one of you did not come from that world, but it is our duty to assure that we achieve victory for this purpose.”

He paused for a moment, then continued. “We have been chosen to be both the Empire’s spearhead and the knife behind its enemies’ back at once. Only we are so diverse as to approach such a problem from both ends at once and be the best at both. So only we can tackle this problem, each in our own way. Give ‘em hell, Phoenix - Godspeed, and come back alive.”

OOC:
WC: 468
Phase II has begun; several hours have passed since the squads were getting into position; assume ALL troopers are at their appropriate positions at this point.

Objectives:
Blackjack: Secure Hangar 36/c; call in reinforcements from army/navy forces standing by.
Eclipse: Get to the mainframe room and upload the virus.
Jester/Raiders: Secure Hangar 51/b; call in reinforcements from army/navy forces standing by.

Squads are free to approach their objective as their SL sees fit.

Questions, comments, concerns, PM me on IRC or stick something in the FAQ thread.

Company Adjutant of Phoenix Company | Platoon Commander of Wildcard Platoon | Elite Squad Leader of Blackjack Squad | Acolyte of the Dark Jedi Order

ESL/1LTGarryll Gates/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [SCP][RoM][ICE] [IH] [CCA] [BC] [SRP] [AS-1] [ES1] [CoS] [EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoTx2] [CRoS] [AoT] [CoZ][CoDS][VT][CRoM][KAD][RCA](3.1)(1.1)

TRN/AD Gates/Lopen/VEDJ
For Tadath, for the Empire.

StarFruit
ComNet Member

StarFruit

[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  519
January 20, 2012 1:46:31 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
OOC:
RAIDERS

”Give ‘em hell, Pheonix – Godspeed and come back alive.” The order had come while the RAIDERS were gathered in the briefing room, all looking at Joamer and Jaenna for the next move, which had come rather swiftly once Garryll had gone off the com, leaving them to do their business, and they had gotten to it quickly. With little discussion, just straight out spoken plans confirmed, the RAIDERS had left the room and made their way, with their new security guises, towards the ship that Blackjack and Eclipse has come in on, ready to get geared up and going. As they moved, their faces full of obvious determination, their backs straight and eyes hard and forward, the civvies they passed along the way were obviously perplexed and interested, however they wouldn’t be soon – for within minutes all of the great Phoenix’s  hell would break loose upon the station.

It didn’t take long to arrive, especially with Joamer and Jae at the head, both of them with the layout of the station already memorized. Even with Joamer is his armor, it was easy going with the clearances that the self-proclaimed Slicer extraordinaire ASL had forged for all of them, leaving only the higher ups of the real security with cocked heads as Joamer passed by. “You could have at least try to be little more inconspicuous.” The one eyed woman growled under her breath as they passed yet another pair of security leads, but it was still an easy ride to get to the hanger bay, the haste in their minds moving them quickly despite the odd looks they were receiving.

Finally, they got there, the trip feeling like it had taken an hour or more despite that it only took them another handful of minutes to reach the transport. Armed with security passes, all of them boarded the ship using the easy excuse of , “We need to check this thing out.” Filing on quickly, they all gathered around Joamer, waiting for him to hand out the locations of the hidden weapons that Garryll had clued him in on. With the information shared, they all set to gearing up: Black, light body armor, their normal personal weapons and a few other little trinkets. Jae was mostly geared up, her body armor on under her security uniform and her Treppus-II hidden  under the security shirt on her back. The only thing she wanted was her StarSlasher, which she found and held onto like it was her first love.

“Alright, I already readied a wiring to shut off power to this hanger bay, once I hit it, we all head for the east vents, climb in and head for Hanger 51/B, hopefully Bright and her boys will be there. Ready RAIDERS?” She was answered with loud, excited yelps. “Then lets do this.” And with that, she reached into her pocket, and flicked a small switch on a detonator she had concealed. Within moments, there was pure darkness, and the squad headed out.

OOC:
500 exact.

Alright, RAIDERS went to the ship, geared up, and Jae caused a blackout in the hanger. Since it's dark, I'mma say the light body armor they have comes with a pair of nice little night-vision doohickies. RAIDERS should now be headed to the vents on th eastern side of the hanger, ready to encounter panicked security.

(5.1)
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited January 20, 2012 1:46:54 PM)]
Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  190
January 20, 2012 3:43:32 PM    View the profile of Coadster 
OOC:
RAIDERS

There was a moment of pure bliss Cody experience when the lights went off, and the world came back to him in vivid green nightvision tones. Since Anteevy, he'd been a little nervous whenever in the dark. With a better sense of confidence he buckled the last unstrapped ankle brace and followed the rest of the RAIDERS out of the ship.

The hangar might have been dark, but it certainly was not quiet. The mechanics, security personnel, and civilians all alike were suddenly blind, and it was enough to cause panic. Flashlight beams swept around the hangars arbitrarily, bobbing and swinging wildly when someone shouted in the dark. Those in question were mostly security trying to get a semblance of order going and failing miserably. Those with the flashlights, though, found themselves in the dark in other ways.

One was knocked out with the boxing of his ears and a square knee to the forehead given by Mox. Another was Dusk sliding an arm around his neck until he passed out. Yet another was dealt by a mechanic who had a precision tool in one hand and a large wrench in the other, the red pointer laser cutting sharply through the dark and giving the location of whatever he pointed to; he also had a tedency to bludgeon whatever seemed close enough to surprise him, which was a toolbox, a droid (whose eyes seemed to float in the dark to him), quite a few ships, and a hapless guard.

"Why always the vents? Why never the tram, or a taxi?" He whispered to those in front of him. In relatively short order they'd be at the vent, moving into the main facility, much to Cody's mixed chagrine and anticipation. He'd spent two weeks in that facility, cleaning up the 'higher standard' citizens on this space station. wrappers, gum, spills, messes, condiments, vomit and glass he'd had to deal with in the fortnight he'd been cleaning. So, his hesitance was understandable. The thing that made it all better in his mind, though, was that they'd get to do serious damage to most of it. And that thought is what kept Coad going the rest of the hangars' length with a smile on his face. I'd like to see you clean this mess up, you messy bastards.

OOC:
387 Words? Woe is me! Left it open to more hangar mayhem if you're inclined to that sort of thing.
TRP/LCPL Coadster/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1][RAWR][RCA][IH]
(A9)
Bernadette
ComNet Novice

Bernadette

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  94
January 20, 2012 6:05:10 PM    View the profile of Bernadette 
OOC:
Eclipse

The Squad was sitting in a small waiting room waiting for clearance to be allowed into the security area for the station. Drexhel and Anival were holding a conversation while Zippy tried to balance a silver pen on his nose. The building was everything she had imagined. Sterile and full of bureaucratic bull; they had walked from one person to another for too long, Skarr was getting impatient, the other Squads were ready. The security personnel in the station were wary, it was a good move on their part but not good enough.

“Just get me in there or do you want to explain why the security in this station is not up to date?“ Skarr looked menacingly over the man with thick glasses negating them entrance. He would have liked nothing than to silence him but they couldn’t break cover, yet. The commotion would happen soon enough. With shaky hands the mouse of a man made a call to his superior. Zaria took the opportunity to walk over to Skarr.

“We’ll get there soon enough” She murmured placing a hand on his shoulder. Skarr took a deep breath and nodded at Zaria looking to where the squad played the bored technicians very well.
“G-Go on back” The voice matched the man, thought Zaria as Skarr motioned for them to move. As soon as they were in, they moved as swiftly as they could. The door was at the end of a long, empty hall. Four of them let themselves in while Drexhel kept watch outside, in case of interruption.

Inside a pair of technicians bent over a bit of data muttering. They turned to look at the group quizzically but did not get to speak.
“Don’t worry, we’re here for maintenance.” Said Skarr with a friendly smile. With that Anival and Zaria silenced the pair with well-placed punches, they wouldn’t be a problem. Zippy and Skarr moved quickly over the monitors. The virus was in a discrete disk, Skarr placed it in and the wait began. Five minutes and it would be ready.

“Uh, guys. We have company” Zaria heard Drexhel say into the commlink just as she and Anival finished hiding the bodies. The sounds of a minor struggle from outside made her motion for Anival and the two of them moved to the door. They slid knives out from the inside of their boots and positioned themselves. The door opened, suddenly, admitting Drexhel and making them both stop midstrike. “We better move it guys.”

“It’s almost done.” Skarr said turning the squad just as the disk was ejected from the monitor. “Zippy, the door” Sounds from down the hall alerted the group. Zippy what had looked like a pen and opened it revealing a small laser. He worked quickly to seal the edges of the door and buy them some time. Zaria looked up and shook her head before turning to Skarr.

“Looks like we’re going to have to take note out of the Raider’s log, it’s the vents or nothing.” An amused grin played at her lips though she felt that it shouldn’t. Skarr grinned in amusement, motioning the group to move, and speaking into his comlink.

“This is Skarr. Eclipse has completed their objective. We’ve encountered some resistance and we’re heading out of here.”

OOC:
A little long at 559 words but it doesn't look like it would have gotten done otherwise. Eclipse has uploaded the virus and crashed the system but they did alert security in the building. They are trying to make their way out undetected as they have no weapons. Open ended in case anyone wants to help us out over here.
TRN/LCPL Bernadette/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Crest
ComNet Initiate

Crest

Post Number:  144
Total Posts:  421
January 20, 2012 7:16:30 PM    View the profile of Crest 
OOC:
Blackjack
“Move out, Blackjack. We’re taking Hanger 36/c,” ordered Gates.

“Boss, which one is Hanger 36/c? There are too many hangers for me to keep straight,” inquired Kilroy.

Looking up from his newest chaos-causing device, the stolen datapad, Crest responded, “That would be in the one that’s up two levels and thirty-four meters immediately to the right, if you take the staircase that is sixteen meters from here.”

Kilroy, after staying silent a moment to process the information Crest had rattled off, responded, “Crest, how do you know the exact measurements?”

Crest responded, “The datapad.”

“And where did you get the datapad?” interrupted Gates.

“Oh, just interest on a fifteen hundred credit loan I gave out to the security chief.”

“Huh?”Kilroy asked, the one word conveying his entire confusion.

Sighing, Crest explained, “I killed the security chief when I broke out, and, for good measure, I took his datapad.”

“And what all can it do?” asked Kilroy.

“Oh, let’s see...it can trigger alarms anywhere I want, as you must have realized from all the alarms I triggered; it also has patrol routes, security codes, blast door controls, and live security feeds-” Crest seamlessly continued the explanation after switching from the squad frequency to a private frequency between him and Kilroy, “-including some interesting views from some much more entertaining cantinas, if you get my meaning.”

“Can I see it for a few minutes?” came the inevitable question.

“Get your own; I had to be arrested for this thing, so I’m not giving it up.”

“Awww...”

Crest smiled as he hefted the permanently borrowed StA-3 Strova Machine Gun, secured the duffel bag containing ammo and the stolen M404 MAW that were on his back, and, at the signal from Gates, proceeded to point. The now armored squad quickly ascended the two flights of stairs, lead by Crest.

Before the squad proceeded to make a mess of the upper level, Gates handed out the assignments, “All of you who memorized the station’s diagrams will remember that this hanger has two entrances. Valthir will lead the far entrance’s teams, which will include himself, Aelin, and Fain. I’ll take the closer entrance with Kilroy and Crest.”

Gates ended his orders with a curt nod to Crest, giving him permission to enter the upper level. Crest announced Blackjack’s arrival with a heavy kick to the door, flinging it aside and startling a few of the nearer residents. The squad split up as it entered the level, according to the pre-determined plan. As they approached the entrance Gates instructed, with hand signals, for Kilroy and Crest to split up and take the two sides of the entrance.

“Ready?” came the question from the squad leader, once Valthir had sent the affirmation that he was in position.

“Yeah! Let’s blow some stuff up!” responded the blood-thirty-manic, from the other side of the doorway.

“Ready, sir. I still owe security a headache for arresting me,” responded Crest, loading a live round into the firing chamber of his gun.

“Go.”
OOC:
WC:495
TRP/PFC Crest/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE (A1) (6.1) [ES1] [LM] {CRoS} [ECA]

Blackjack Infiltration Expert

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly"

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

Post Number:  64
January 20, 2012 8:13:52 PM    View the profile of Fain 
OOC:
Blackjack

"Go" the squad's CO.

Fain and the other Stormtroopers acknowledging the order with scattered affirmatives accompanied with nods and falling out of formation towards Holdout Charlie's entrance.

"Fireteams, form up!" Garryll ordered.

Following orders, the members of Blackjack split into two lines of three, Garryll and Valthir on point. Exiting the umbilical into the public eye, Fain couldn't help but marvel at how ridiculous they must look; squads of armed Stormtroopers pouring into the station. Blackjack moved through the station's outer ring at double time until they reached their destination, Hangar 36/C in a sparsely populated section of the station, slowing when the guards were within hearing range. The Stormtroopers waited, huddled against a bulkhead, inching closer to their destination.

"Alright Val, you and your fireteam split off. We breach in five," Garryll told his ASL.

"Yes, Sir." The Sergeant obeyed dutifully.

"Aelin, take point, Fain, you're on rear guard." Orders issued on the move, Stormtroopers shifting pace to comply. It wasn't long before the fireteam navigated around the hangar.

"Engage in three...two...one..." Garryll Commed. One silent beat later and Aelin was around a corner and on the guards, the two men dead and on the ground, wounds smoking, as Fain rounded the corner.

"Alright Fain, this is just like basic. Take these explosives and line that half of the blast door." Valthir instructed Fain handing him three bricks of plastic explosive, his voice cool and controlled.

"Looks good. Get clear."

"Clear."

"Clear, sir."

"This is gonna' be loud," the Aelin mused, waiting for signal to breach.

Yeah, so lets not be around when it goes off, Fain thought to himself, backing further around the corner.

"Alright Blackjack, this is it. Breach in ten...nine...eight..." The Captain counted off. "...two...one. Breach" The last word deliberately cut short.

"Everyone clear. Fire in the hole, Fire in the hole, Fire in the hole" Valthir called out, leaning around the corner and putting a quick burst of blaster fire into the mine to set it off. The resounding explosion was enough to deafen Fain, causing the man to stumble disoriented.

"Move in! Fain, you're on point." Val ordered, following behind Fain over the portal and into the hangar. The hangar erupted into a conflagration of men screaming and blasters being discharged. Fain took cover behind a bank of parked speeders, propping himself against the driver's side door for a more stable firing position. Two dozen men and women of varying species scrambled for cover.

"Contact left!" Fain yelled over the squad link, mixing his voice with the other combat reports of his squad, gunning down lightly armed Station Security officers as  they broke cover to return fire against the Stormtroopers. The security team quickly recovered from the initial onslaught, rallying behind their Lieutenant, a female Zabrack wearing full riot gear save for her helmet, spikes crowning her head preventing any functional helmet from being worn.

"There, shoot their Lt. and their moral will shatter!" Aelin, calling from behind Fain.
OOC:
Word count: 500 exactly
Storm Platoon
Blackjack

"There are very few personal problems that can't be solved by the suitable application of high explosives"
[This message has been edited by Fain (edited January 21, 2012 8:31:51 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1754
Total Posts:  2413
January 20, 2012 9:47:59 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Jack crawled with her face inches away from another troopers boot as they made their way through the vents. Given their undercover persona's she really didn't understand the need for vent travel until after the real fighting began. Sure there had been skirmishes all over the space station, but nothing that could be linked to her or the majority of the other members of RAIDERS. The thing that pissed her off more than anything else was the person she was following really needed to change their socks once in a while.

The sound of blaster fire let her know it was almost time for her to get fresh air and rowdy. Jack had a MRB-10 Medium Repeating Blaster attached firmly to her side, along with her light combat armor underneath her civvie clothes.

She rolled into the hanger and found cover behind some supply crates. Jack counted at least one team of security guards in riot gear firing wildly in the vicinity of the squad. It was always easy to spot an untrained squad, and this was one of them. The sad part was, given their insane pattern of fire they would actually be harder to hit. Nobody could stay out of cover long enough to get a solid shot off.

"At least its not mopping floors I guess." Jack turned to look at Whiskeyrose who was sitting next to her firing shots around the opposite side of the crate.

"Or pole dancing." She smirked back and winked.

The girl really did love to flirt, Jack didn't hate that about her. In fact she worried about Whiskeyrose often, something about the look in her eyes, Jack just knew the flirting was covering up a myriad of other emotions.

The two women took turns and moved to a more secure position by a small transport.

"This is kinda like dancing though, in a very disturbing way." Jack shrugged at her lame attempt at humor.

Xylonia rolled her eyes. "I don't think I like this song."

Jack looked off towards the main entrance to the hanger bay and watched as a dozen or more reinforcements filed in. These squads looked like they could tell the barrel from the butt of their rifle. "Looks like you're about to get a whole jukebox darlin'."

OOC:
WC: 380
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-2] [GC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC] [RAWR] [ESC09]
(A13) Vehicle Mechanic  ~ Former RAIDERS Squad Leader
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  783
Total Posts:  997
January 20, 2012 10:20:45 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
OOC:
RAIDERS.

He leaned almost casually against the crate as he heard the combination of solid slugs, and energy rounds flying through the air. Part of him was still amazed they always managed to get into situations like these. It never failed that they always ended up in a large room full of angry people trying to kill them. He knew it was just there lot in life, no matter how much he tried to keep them out of the major action it always seemed to find them.

Even with the lights off they enemies seemed to have no real problem keeping the squad's heads firmly below the top of the crates they were hiding behind. It annoyed him to think they were not the only ones with night vision gear.

"This music sucks really, they should fire the DJ person." Coadster said as he raised up for a single moment and fired quickly. Joamer could only nod as the sustained fire kept him pinned, it was like they were intentionally keeping him from firing his DLT-20A rifle.

"Mox, Coad, circle around if you can. Try to flank them, maybe draw some of this blasted fire off of me." Joamer said as he leaned up for a moment only to be greeted by a large amount of slugs bouncing around his very important head.

"They really don't like you, I think you ticked them off." WhiskeyRose said with a slight annoyed laugh. "Should not make fun of their music, maybe they would like you if you did not do that."

He could only agree as he drew his particle magnum and fired it blindly over the crate. He knew these storage containers would not survive this barrage forever, he could already tell the front of his was beginning to crumble.

"I know this song." Joamer said half to himself, truthfully for him it was extremely familiar. It happened every single time he used any type of ventilation shaft. Ambush immediately followed. "Let's change the beat."

Signalling to Mox and Coad he turned to Jaenna and Dusk and said, "Move around the other way, draw their fire. When we get a break let's show them what we really are made of."

Drawing his knees under him he raised up and began firing his particle magnum, leaving the larger cumbersome rifle on the ground for the moment. Ducking down again he saw both flanking groups had already moved away, for now they forces against them had not realized anything was happening.

Clicking on his commlink he said, "This party blows, the music is bad. I know you have good taste in songs Rain, bring something with a better beat." He clicked off his commlink as he waited for Jester to arrive. Knowing Brightstar they would probably enter through the front door momentarily.

OOC:
470. Bring the Rain!
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Sergeant Major, Squad Leader
Raiders Squad, Wildcard Platoon, Academy Staff

SL|SGM Joamer|2SQD|1PLT|COM|RGT|BAT|VEA|VE
AS|SGM Joamer|STCA|VEA|VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [EW2] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [AS-3] [AS-4] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC] [RoT] [KAD] [AoT] [IH] [VT] [ESC09] [RCA] [GRoM]  [CDS] {RES} (5.1) (6.1) (A5) (A9)
In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited January 20, 2012 10:23:45 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited January 24, 2012 8:36:34 PM)]
Kilroy
ComNet Novice

Kilroy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  70
January 20, 2012 10:48:20 PM    View the profile of Kilroy 
OOC:
Blackjack

"We knew there would be some collateral damage before ingress, it's expected.”

“So is there any change to the ROE or do we just kill them all and let God sort them out?”

Heedless of the understandably shocked reactions coming from the junior squad members, Kilroy continued to fire with pinpoint accuracy into the crowd.  Despite that a vast majority of his shots struck their intended targets, the corporal could feel the disgust coming from his fellow squad mates.  They think I’m just another blood thirsty maniac, so to hell with them.  They don’t know what I’m capable of, and they never will.  He thought, never realizing just how different his sub-sector’s outlook on war was in comparison to those under the rule of the Vast Empire.

“Crest, Fain, shift fire up on my mark.”  He barked, hoping that the young privates would understand his order.

“Why the frak should we listen to you?  You’re going to have us join in slaughtering them and have a blast aren’t you, you murderer!?”

MURDERER!?!  Although he couldn’t tell just which private the accusation came from, the Cadian could feel his blood turn to ice in his veins.  Calling him blood thirsty was one thing, but when his own culture placed heavy emphasis on strength, stamina, marksmanship, self-sacrifice and above all discipline, the mere thought of murdering innocents out of enjoyment was enough to cause the friendly trooper to become colder than space itself.  The shift in personality did not go unnoticed by the senior NCO and the good captain.

“Listen bug-food and listen well, for the next time you call me that I will take your head right off.  While you were waiting for your balls to drop and had just started to get interested into girls, I’ve been serving in the trenches off on the battlefield.  My hands are stained with blood for as long as I can remember; probably as long if not longer than the good captain here.  I’ve killed droids, soldiers, mercenaries, terrorists, unholy abominations, rapists, and even my own brothers in arms; but slaughtering the innocent like a sick fuck is something I will NEVER do.  Now you will follow my orders, because I certainly don’t have any qualms of killing you here and now for disobeying a direct order.  Is that understood, Private?”     

OOC:
387....and I love pulling mood whiplash
[This message has been edited by Kilroy (edited January 20, 2012 11:03:34 PM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  622
Total Posts:  710
January 20, 2012 10:56:51 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
JESTER

Bright grinned like a mad woman. “Lets just hope that they like the tune as much as I do.” She said back into her comlink. Reaching down to her belt she unclipped a flashbang grenade. It wasn't uncommon for her to carry a few of them for every mission, in fact that had almost become a mainstay in her arsenal since her Eclipse days. “You might want to turn your night vision off for a moment though. You won't need it to see the light show.”

“Really?” Dunny asked the set of his shoulders and the tilt of his head making it clear that her choice in analogies was not on his list of things expected from her.

“What? I like to party as much as the next person.” She replied. “You and Therex set that charge right?” She asked as Lightray made to open the hangar entrance.

“Truthfully, Bright. We set more than one.” Therex said readying his stance for the rush in. “Dunny and I think that both of them may be sufficient enough to tie up a good portion of the stations security between here and the Captain's objective.”

Bright looked at her new ASL for confirmation, when he nodded and shrugged, she nodded. “Good. I want you to blow both charges at the same time my flashbang goes off. Joamer said he wanted a different beat, he's going to get one.”

“Understood.” Dunny muttered grabbing what could only be the detonator from his own belt.

Bright then turned to Lightray and Lukas, at her nod Lightray keyed the entrance controls and the hangar bay's doors whooshed open. A second later she let fly her flashbang hoping Joamer had thought to warn the rest of Raiders to shut off their night vision goggles. Within moments the grenade went off, half a second later two muffled booms could be heard in different sectors of the station.

“You'd better hope that the gravity still works in the sector Eclipse is in, or Skarr is coming for our heads.” Bright said moving into the hangar bay her twin blasters catching two blinded security guards.

OOC:
364. The artificial gravity in certain sectors of Liberty station has been knocked out.Sectors between hangar 51/b and hangar 36/c have either lost all artificial gravity or are partially knocked out.
SL/PSGT Brightstar D'Jonoc/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[SRP][SCA][AS-2][ES1][ES1]{RES}[EW2][EW1][PT][ECA][RCoD]

"For your sake, I really hope that isn't a challenge."

CAP'N|Captain Bright|Jolly Roger|Eyesore|OSK Company
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited January 21, 2012 1:41:41 AM)]
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

Post Number:  65
January 21, 2012 12:59:39 AM    View the profile of Fain 
OOC:
Blackjack

Blaster fire raked the speeder's passenger side, the station's security officers becoming frantic due to the intensity of the fighting.

"Cease Fire! Cease Fire!" A female Zabrak shouted above the blaster fire, security forces complying with he order; Blackjack standing down and waiting for orders from their Squad Leader. Fain slowly shifting cover, crawling prone towards a small maze of cargo containers, a binary loadlifter slowly shifting containers from one pile to another. The silenced stretched on, the remaining Blanchard agents standing from behind their cover, replacing small shuttles and drones with what appeared to be a group of mechanics and a crew supervisor. Blackjacks standing back, coolly observing this new twist, watching the caused by the high stress situation play across the guard's faces.

"Alright, what do you want?" The Zabrack, pleading for her men's lives.

"Lay down your weapons and surrender, peacefully, and you'll be allowed to live."

Fain's helmet comm-system beeped.

"Aim for all security personnel; spare their commander."

"Yes, Captain," The squad replied  to the order, almost in unison.

"Blackjack, spread out. Fire on my mark." HUD lights flashing green with acknowledgement, Fain continued his steady crawl through the containers, catching glimpses of Crest and Kilroy circling adjacent to him.

"Hey, What are you doing?!" The Zabrak screamed.

"Now," Gates signaled his squad. Blackjack opened up simultaneously, felling all of the security personnel save the Zabrak woman. The woman panicked, and started to run for the airlock inlaid in one of the walls on the hangar's far side, opposite the station's interior wall.

"Don't let her escape!" Aelin shouted, starting towards the woman, hand outstretched as if by sheer force of will she'd be able to stop her.

Fain, getting up from his prone position, leveled his E45 at the Zabrak's face and closing in on the retreating woman.

"Down! Put the weapon down!" Fain warned the Zabrak, a look of shear panic contorting her face as she heated her DLT-19 blaster rifle.

"You think I'm going to trust you after you shot my men?!"

"Last warning," Fain, Aelin, and Crest closing in on the woman's flanks, her attention focused on Fain.

"You're not going to take me!" The woman shouted, kicking up a discarded arc spanner from the hangar's deck and sending it flying at Fain's helmeted face, making a solid clang is it resounded off his visor. The woman distracted, Aelin tossed down her E45 and secured the Zabrack in a bear hug, holding her arms flush against her body and wrestling her to the ground. Kilroy kicked away the discarded heavy blaster rifle.

"That was sloppy. Sloppy gets people killed." Kil rebuked, kicking Fain in his armored chest, sending him staggering backwards.

"Knock it off! Both of you, stow it!" Garryll ordered. "Sergeant Valthir, setup the beacon, and signal for reinforcements. The rest of you, police these bodies; I want this deck cleared for our birds within the hour. Dismissed. you," Garryll gestured at the now subdued Zabrack Lieutenant "I have some questions."
OOC:
Word count: 500 exactly
Storm Platoon
Blackjack

[This message has been edited by Fain (edited January 21, 2012 8:54:23 PM)]
Dunny
ComNet Cadet

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)

Post Number:  215
Total Posts:  438
January 21, 2012 3:37:00 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
By the time that Sam Jack Dunn and Therex had managed to make their way into the station’s life support system and planted a pair of EMP grenades on the artificial gravity generator, Sam had developed a new respect for the Chiss trooper. The man had obviously had a pretty rough time of it, and he’d come through in one piece. Now, he found himself standing at the entrance to Hangar Bay 51/b. He had completely dropped the Zeltron disguise, dressed in black fatigues with the Imperial Emblem proudly emblazoned on both shoulders. Thanks to the smuggling operation he and Lightray had set up, the man was hardly unarmed: a pair of DL-44 Heavy Pistols graced his hips, and his belt was festooned with all manner of knives, and four more EMP grenades.

He fiddled idly with the detonator he was holding as Bright gave him the order to pull the plug on the A-Grav the moment her flashbang grenades lit off. A small grin appeared on his face, as he turned to glance at Lightray. The two worked well together, and the hangar resting before them just happened to be the one in which Lightray’s sabotaged ship rested. They knew the place like the back of their hand, right down to what ships were currently docked. Amongst them was an ancient, battered V-Wing starfighter – and Sam hadn’t been joking when he’d told Whiskey he used to be a TIE Interceptor Ace. He and Light shared a knowing nod, and Dunn motioned to the left with a jerk of his thumb. Lightray nodded in agreement.
JESTER

Flank left – jack the fighter and your ship, and see how our ‘friends’ like the taste of cannon fire. As far as plans went, it was perhaps not the most sane, but he doubted that the enemy would expect to be flanked by something with blaster cannons. He let a soft, evil chuckle rise from his throat, before making damn sure to inform Brightstar of the scheme he and Jester’s own smuggler had concocted. She nodded, though he didn’t know if that was in acknowledgement, approval or just her counting down in her head, because immediately after, the door opened, and she tossed out the stun grenade. The moment that it detonated with a roar, Sam depressed his thumb on the detonator’s ‘boom’ button, and dropped it back into his belt immediately after. He had no way of telling if the grav generators were gone, but he trusted his ability.

Then, everyone started to rush through the door. Sam drew his twin pistols and advanced into the Hangar Bay, peeling off to the left, Lightray matching him step for step. He spotted a pair of what looked like Blanchard mercenaries, and raised his pistols. One merc died with a blaster bolt clean through the left eye, but his second shot missed. The young soldier cursed, adjusted his aim, and fired again. This time, the merc dropped like a rock.
He kept moving towards the V-wing.

OOC:
500. Dunny's made the A-Grav generators go boom, and he and Lightray have come up with a strategy that is undoubtedly NOT in the Stormtrooper Manual.
ASL/CPL Sam Jack "Dunny" Dunn
4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

[SoA][M1(x2)][NAR][IG-HSC2011] [CRotS]
[1vM][Scout][SfM][VM][*SWC*][CQB][5.1]

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Lightray
ComNet Novice

Lightray

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  43
January 21, 2012 4:35:37 AM    View the profile of Lightray 
OOC:
JESTER

" Oi you bloody misfits, glory to the Empire! " He exclaimed in a fit of passion, whooping in unison with a frag grenade making its way to his hand. He rolled it across the floor of the Hangar bay, an unaware mixture of security and civilians being caught within the blast radius. A thunderous explosion lit up the center of the Hangar as equipment and bodies alike were charred to a crisp. It brought a ridiculously pleasant smile to his face to see progress -- specifically catching several people in the explosion -- in their mission.

Lightray back-stepped towards Dunny, who was now making his way to his smuggling vessel. The two were quite compatible in terms of their equally violent and demented attitude towards those that were deemed their enemy. They worked solidly as a team in their endeavor to clear a path to his ship. He brought the stock of his SMG to his shoulder with his finger tightly holding onto the trigger. A hailstorm of muffled slugs punched through the vest of one of the security guard's without much hassle. He swung around 45 degrees to his left until two more guard's were unfortunate enough to make it within his cross hairs. A hail of bullets rained onto their torsos as Lightray mercilessly gunned them down with a sadistic smirk on his face.

Lightray's facial emotion could pretty much be summed up in one word; Satisfaction. He returned behind Dunny, watching his flanks for anymore personnel that were unfortunate to come across the Jester troopers.

" You're clear from here, I got some some cleaning up to do. " He said, pivoting to his right with his hand placed upon a frag grenade on his utility-belt.

He yanked the grenade from his belt, pulling the pin out with his teeth. Lightray lobbed it across the hangar with a devious smile.

" Grenade Out. "

He could only wait anxiously as it made its way towards a group of armed personnel taking cover near a small merchant vessel. The grenade landed on top of the vessel much to his dislike until it finally went off. The initial explosion roared throughout the hangar as the front end of the vessel was blown clean off the rest of the hull. It crashed into the ground with a loud bang before skidding across the surface and colliding into another ship.

The front end of the vessel was clearly on fire, lighting up the area around it enough for him to take off his night-vision goggles. The mercenaries and security alike had been caught off-guard by the grenade for the most part with the few that were still alive completely demoralized by the attack. He sprayed the group with as much lead as he could; firing until his clip was empty and a satisfying clink was heard from his weapon.

" You're clear. "
Lightray opened up the comm-link with Dunny.

" Aye. A few minutes until the fireworks start. " Replied Dunny.

OOC:
500 exactly. Lightray and Dunny.. are.. well.. yeah. They're a deadly combination when explosives and weapons are involved.

Lance Corporal Jo'ron "Lightray" Tallus, Trooper of Jester Squadron.

[This message has been edited by Lightray (edited January 21, 2012 4:37:46 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Lightray (edited January 21, 2012 4:40:45 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Lightray (edited January 21, 2012 4:41:41 AM)]
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

Post Number:  68
January 21, 2012 7:04:56 PM    View the profile of Fain 
It took the better part of their allotted hour to secure the corpses and search them for any intelligence that may be useful to their mission, but Fain and the his fellow grunts got the job done with only mild complaining from Kilroy.

"Come here, Fain," Kilroy commanded the Private, stepping under the cordon of tape and barricades.

"Sir?" Fain asked, tearing off the rest of his ridiculous getup, most of it being destroyed by near misses from the previous engagement.

"Here's the Intel collected from these traitors, I want you to bring these to the Captain," Kilroy ordered, absent-mindedly playing with the wickedly curved knife at his belt. Fain followed the Corporal's direction.

He's only a frelling Corporal, and he's already telling me what to do. I know I'm relatively new here, but it couldn't have been long since he was in my shoes, Fain grimaced. Fain proceeded under the makeshift cordon they had erected to isolate the bodies, continuing on towards where Garryll was perched surveying the damage and his squad at work.

"This is for you, Sir," Fain obediently handing the squad leader the meager looking pile of paper, some ID chips, and a sizable amount of credits. The Captain didn't respond right away.

Probably checking in on the other squad's progress, Fain assumed. Gates started to life.

"What is it, Private?"

"We recovered these off of the dead, Sir. Corporal Kilroy felt they may be useful."

"Did he now..." Gates mused, more to himself than to Fain, accepting the proffered pile. "Thank you Private, you're dismissed."

"Sir," Fain acknowledged with a nod.

"Sergeant, what's the status on that beacon?" The Captain asked his XO over the squad's Commlink.

"Up and running on your command, Sir."

"Do it. This station is already starting to irritate me." Valthir's acknowledged Gates by throwing a switch on the eye-level tower, sending the signal VIA radio wave to the fleet that Hangar 31/C was clear and prepared for their arrival. A green light pulsatingly slightly on top of the beacon's antenna. An explosion somewhere deep in the station was felt by the men and women of Blackjack. Fain knew it had to be Jester and RAIDERS over in Hangar 51/B.

"Sounds like they're having fun," Fain spoke loud enough for his fellow Stormtroopers to hear, not directing the comment at anyone in particular, stepping back across the cordon.

"Good little errand boy," Kilroy jested, standing and smiling, his helmet removed, blood dripping from the tip of his knife.

"What were you just doing?" Fain inquired.

"Come and see my handy work for yourself," Kilroy called for to the assembled Privates.

"What in the maker's name..." Fain stammered, seeing that the Cadian has cut the throats of the assembled dead.

"Just in case," Kilroy winked again. Another explosion rocked the station, sending Crest and Fain flying through the air, landing with solid bangs against the deck several feet away.

"Fracking Raiders!" Fain exclaimed, fighting back the urge to shout out in pain.
Storm Platoon
Blackjack

THX1138
ComNet Cadet

THX1138

Post Number:  205
Total Posts:  555
January 21, 2012 11:34:58 PM    View the profile of THX1138 
OOC:
JESTER

Therex was ducking behind a chunk of burning debris, reloading his revolvers. There was something about that feel of a gun's kickback that drew Therex towards slugthrowers and exotic weapons. Sliding the last bullet into the rotating chamber, his comm beeped. Turning it on, Therex swung the chambers back into place.

"Therex, this is Dunny." he heard the ASL say. "I need your help. Do you see the V-wing nearest the shield?"

Peeking over his debris, Therex scanned the hangar. When his eyes stopped on the starfighter, he was immediately suspicious.

"Dun, are you sure?" he said, hunkering back down. "It doesn't look like it could do more than collect dust."

"Well that may be so, but by the looks, I would say it is the only one here capable of sending the signal far enough. Those old fashioned comms are a little more powerful."

Sighing, Therex nodded towards Dunny, signaling that he was ready. Dunny leapt over a piece of durasteel. Therex popped over the debris, and started firing around the hangar, the loud explosions ringing around the room. Dunny reached the wing of the ship and ducked around it. Therex slid over to a wall with a clear view of the ship. Two armed mechanics were hiding around the nose of the ship. Therex dropped to the floor and fired two quick shots. Both mechanics fell backwards. Therex flipped his comm back on.

"Alright Dunny, you're clear. But make it quick, I don't want to be standing here for too long."

Dunny started climbing the side of the ship and dropped into the cockpit. After fiddling with the controls for a few seconds, Dunny gave Therex a thumbs up. Therex turned around, expecting Dunny to join up with him when a loud explosion rang out behind him. Whipping around, Therex saw Dunny inside the V-Wing, a wide grin across his face. The whine of repulsors started up, and Dunny turned the ship and fired the cannons again.

Shaking his head, Therex smiled and ran back to the squad. Bright was hunkered behind cover, yelling at the squad. When Therex jumped over the cover and slid next to her, she jumped lightly.

"Where the hell is Dunny?" she asked, the worry in her voice sincere.

"Having fun," Therex said, thumbing over his shoulder.

OOC:
384 Words.
"He has his orders, and when a Chiss accepts orders he carries them out, period."

"He's in there, I was gonna shoot him but I was... busy."

"Chiss don't invade the territories of others. We don't even make war against potential enemies unless we're attacked first."

"You have to admire the Chiss. They don't just steal your technology—they make it better."

TRP/PSC THX-1138/ 3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE/[EW1] [ECA]

[This message has been edited by THX1138 (edited January 21, 2012 11:45:42 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Marshal

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1820
Total Posts:  2159
January 22, 2012 2:34:10 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

Gates checked his weapon’s charge; it was getting low. With a practiced motion, he swapped the power cells. Blackjack had done their job - sweep in and blast apart all of their opposition. The station security forces had been few and far between, and had nowhere near the weaponry or training of the Stormtroopers.

Fain, over to the left flank, made a shocked noise, his shout audible to Gates. The squad leader ignored it; if Fain and Kilroy had another altercation, at least it showed the two men had spirit. Though, Kilroy had been acting even more insane than usual; the Cadian had even developed an arrogant streak that had manifested itself in his explosion at two of his squadmates.

“Keep on your toes, Blackjack,” Gates spoke into his comlink, taking a look around. Their SCOPE armor, which would have afforded them far more protection and the gadgets that made war clearer, would have taken up far too much space in what they had on a ship. They’d have to do with lighter body armor that was space-efficient until the reinforcements arrive with extra gear. “We have to hold this position for now. So dig in!”

His troopers called acknowledgements and scattered around the doors; the civilians had all fled by this point; the hangar was the home of a few, scattered freighters, dead security forces, and the Imperials. Gates put a pack on the ground; it was a high-power comlink, capable of reaching thousands of miles into the void.

With a thud, he set it on the ground, and pressed in his command code; the device came to life.

“This is Captain Gates of Phoenix Company,” said the man, holding the device close to his lips. “Blackjack squad has secured hangar 36/c. We are awaiting reinforcements.”

A click came across the link; Gates had no idea who it was, but it was likely some intelligence asset; they had access to heavier comm gear, and would get the word to the on-hand forces that would soon be jumping into the system and backing up the Stormtroopers of Phoenix.

“Contacts front,” sang Crest from his position. “Permission to engage?”

“Fire when ready, Blackjack!” Gates barked, packing up the heavy comm gear he barely knew how to use. “Search and destroy! No one past our line!”

OOC:
WC: 387. Blackjack: Defend the hangar until I give the say-so.

Company Adjutant of Phoenix Company | Platoon Commander of Wildcard Platoon | Elite Squad Leader of Blackjack Squad | Acolyte of the Dark Jedi Order

ESL/1LTGarryll Gates/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [SCP][RoM][ICE] [IH] [CCA] [BC] [SRP] [AS-4] [ES1] [CoS] [EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoTx2] [CRoS] [AoT] [CoZ][CoDS][VT][CRoM][KAD][RCA](3.1)(1.1)

TRN/AD Gates/Lopen/VEDJ
For Tadath, for the Empire.

Crest
ComNet Initiate

Crest

Post Number:  147
Total Posts:  421
January 22, 2012 3:12:53 PM    View the profile of Crest 
OOC:
Blackjack
Crest caught a glimpse of two squads of riot suppression security guards pulling into position, preparing for the same tactic Blackjack had pulled to clear the hanger.

“Contacts front,” remarked Crest from his position, “Permission to engage?”

“Fire when ready, Blackjack!” Gates barked, “Search and destroy! No one past our line!”

A grin plastering Crest’s face, he set the StA-3 Strova Machine Gun onto one of the supply crates in the hanger. He then pulled off his M404 MAW and lined it up on the door. He set the duffel bag containing all of his ammo next to him.

Come on you idiots; come on. Just come around that door. It’s not as if I’m going to blast with this huge tube I have pointing at you.

As he commanded the two squads with his thoughts, the first two guards came around the door, using their shields to provide themselves with mobile cover. Crest calmly pulled the trigger. The rocket lanced across the distance and caused the two guards to be thrown out of the hanger. Loading a fresh round into the M404, he slung it back onto his back and grabbed his StA-3 Strova Machine Gun. The rest of the two squads had already filed into the hanger within the time it had taken Crest to get back to his primary weapon. Without a second’s distraction, Crest added his gun’s fire into the mix of fire being thrown at the guards. Thirty seconds later, he quickly threw aside his spent one-hundred-round drum and tediously loaded a new drum into it. Racking the loading slide, Crest let his gun sing its deadly song of death. He threw glances to check the rest of fellow squad members. There was Gates, Valthir, Fain, and Aelin; however, there was no Kilroy.

Where the hell has that blasted maniac run off to?

His mental question was answered a second later when one of a nearby freighter’s guns open fired. The gun, designed and powered for use against starfighters, started decimating the guards.

“Hey, Crest. Do you mind doing something for me? Can you flush these guards out of their cover?” came the voice of Kilroy.

“Sure. And did I ever tell you how thin line there is between insanity and genius?”

“No, but which one is this?”

The hanger was weakening, discernible from the slight groaning it was emitting. It wasn’t built to hold up against point-blank fire from a freighter’s gun.

“I’ll tell you when we finish,” Switching to a frequency with Fain who was five meters away, Crest remarked, “This idiot Kilroy is going to bring the hanger down unless we can kill the guards. Come on; search and destroy the bastards.”

The hanger groaned again, underscoring their need to get Kilroy to stop firing the gun.
OOC:
WC: 465
Fain, don't entirely clear the hostiles, but just enough to convince Kilroy to get out.
TRP/PFC Crest/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE (A1) (6.1) [ES1] [LM] {CRoS} [ECA]

Blackjack Infiltration Expert

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly"

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

Post Number:  71
January 22, 2012 4:49:12 PM    View the profile of Fain 
OOC:
Blackjack

Fain signaled his agreement to Crest, flicking his helmeted gaze up to see the freighter's point-defense turret rotating to a new firing position. The small cannon giving off an electrical hiss with each zap, the sound heralding the riot suppression team to their deaths.

"Aelin on me," Fain Commed, vaulting over his cover and moving at a dead run across the hangar deck towards the entrenched guards. Fain almost gagged at the sight of Kilroy's handiwork. The broken and decimated bodies of security personnel littered the deck as Fain continued over another set of cargo containers, landing on the balls of his feet and rolling forward, springing up at the last second to drive his shoulder into the sternum of one of the men in front of him, a loud crack sounded from underneath the man's riot gear. The guard stumbled backwards into his fellows, all startled at the appearance of the two Stormtroopers. Aelin hot on Fain's heels, keeping pace through the carnage. The remaining squad and a half bolted from their cover into Kilroy's field-of-fire, the half mad Stormtrooper gunning a few down as they pressed forward. Having little tactical options available caught between two Stormtroopers and a freighter's light cannon, the security personnel pressed on, realizing their only hope of survival lay in not only destroying the freighter, but disarming the squad of Stormtroopers.

"Like shooting fish in a barrel..." Fain said absentmindedly, squeezing off rounds into their armored backs and over their heads to prevent them from returning fire until his E45 clicked empty. Fain ejected his spend blaster cartridge, reaching for his belt to grab another and slamming the fresh clip into the blaster rifle's receiver. Pulling the charging handle, the weapon emitted a slight buzzing sound, confirming the connection between rifle and fresh cartridge was live. The hangar started creaking more, Kilroy resuming his massacre of the riot suppression team that was not advancing on his position.

"Someone get that lunatic out of there," Fain shouted into his Comm, hoping a Blackjack would haul the madman out of the freighter's cockpit unconscious, "He's going to bring this whole hangar down on top of us!"

"I can hear you 'ya know..." Kilroy commented, feigning hurt feelings.

"Corporal, please exit the Freighter," Valthir ordered, speaking for the first time since the engagement started.

"But Sergeant..." Kilroy whined.

"Damn it, Corporal!" Garryll finally getting fed up with the trooper's antics. "Imperial forces can't use this hangar if it's a heap of slag! Now get the frack out of there before we come and get you."

"Yes, Sir." Kilroy actually sounded hurt this time.

Good, that bastard needs to learn sometime
, Fain mused. The battle all but forgotten, but still raging throughout the hangar.

" I think it's about time y'll started working as hard as I've been..."

"You moronic,  frelling crazy son of a," Fain shouted over the Comm.

"Awuh, did I hurt your feelings there little man?"

"In case you gentlemen haven't noticed, we're still in combat here..." Aelin, pulling their attention back to the action.
OOC:
Word Count: 509
Storm Platoon
Blackjack

[This message has been edited by Fain (edited January 22, 2012 4:54:57 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fain (edited January 22, 2012 4:55:21 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1757
Total Posts:  2413
January 22, 2012 5:00:21 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS and Jester

Fikk slammed his fist into the hardwood desk, sending his frail body spasming into a fit of hacking coughs. His lips almost touched the datapads and flimsy lying on the table top. Jak wouldn't have even recognized him anymore.

Commander Jonus Fikk used to be a robust man. He used to spend his days drinking at bars with more women than he could remember. Fikk rose through the ranks, then created his own mercenary group when the money from his paycheck wasn't enough. Blanchard became more than just a job, it became his legacy. The company couldn't miss, they nailed every contract getting bigger and bigger heists. Then things changed.

Jak Frozt was the best hacker he had ever seen, and that was saying a lot. In Fikk's world he had seen them come and go, but Jak he was special. The two got along instantly, Fikk regarded him as a son. Then Jak reached too far, he went after the people that ended his life. Now those same people had destroyed Fikk's base on Anteevy and were knocking on his doorstep again. All the old man could think was, Jak would be impressed they got this far.

"Dammit Fikk are you listening to me, we have shit exploding blasters being fired the whole station is in friggin chaos."

Fikk lifted his eyes. The man before him had no business being in charge of anything much less the NR idiots Fikk just had to throw in with. Survival was a silly thing, it made people do things they would never rationally consider otherwise.

Another blast caused the idiot to flinch. "What now?" He looked at his datapad with a fury of frustration. "Oh great, now some idiot knocked out the power..."

Boom!

"...and our anti-grav generators are shutting down. Fikk, your men need to back up my guys or these shit heads are going to blow up the station and kill us with them."

Fikk grinned and slowly picked up the comm. "Lav, I need you to reroute some power for me, get all the systems back to green." He barely recognized his own gravely voice anymore.

Five minutes passed, as well as several alarms in one of the main hangers. Then with little warning, all the indicators flipped to green across the board.

"There Clay. Green board just like you asked. Need anything else?"

============

Jack jumped behind a crate, letting her body go stiff so she could roll under a tracked vehicle that must have been cargo. "Gods Dammit all, Brightstar, get your dumb ass trooper out of that ship!"

Some trooper thought it would be a good idea to start flying a ship around the hanger shooting at everything in sight. They were blind, in almost complete darkness, the gravity was giving way and now some idiot was firing high powered rounds into the chaos.

Joamer's comm blinked to respond then, the lights came back on. "Gah son of a bitch." Jack grabbed her nightvision goggles and ripped them off her head throwing them and resisting the urge to shoot them for the pain shooting through her skull.

She rolled to her back giving her eyes time to adjust, from the decrease in blaster fire around her everyone else must have been doing the same.

"Okay we need to regroup." That was Brightstar, the Jester's squad leader. She was barricaded behind a YT class cruiser and more supply crates than Jack could count. "Now Dunny!"

Jack heard a loud awwwww over the comms as she rolled on what she figured was the safer side of the tracked vehicle and made a run for the far end of the hanger. The place the squad leaders had chosen was a decent defensible position.

Jack jumped over a low set of crates and immediately followed her training and provided cover fire for the rest of the troopers.

"The confusion is over." Joamer knelt next to Brightstar. "We need to coordinate if we are going to take this hanger. No more hacking, no more screwing around with reactors and ships. We just do this." Brightstar handed a datapad with a schematic of the hanger bay to the other squad leader. "Okay we are here, we have plenty of cover but they will just keep sending merc at us, we need to clear the hanger and barracade the doors so they can't come in or out of the hanger. Jester you work on locking down the doors however you can, RAIDERS we cover them. But first all of us are clearing this hanger, with these." Joamer popped open a crate filled to the brim with weapons, all of them blasters or rifles, nothing overly powerful, but a nice selection none the less.

Brightstar smiled. "Its been a productive two weeks, lets just leave it at that."

"Grab a gun and lets do some pest control."

OOC:
Word count: don't ask.

Every member of Jester and RAIDERS are in the far corner of the hanger bay. There are two entrances to the bay, the main entrance and the maintenance entrance. The maintenance one is smaller and doesn't lead to as many rooms.

You first need to shoot everyone in the hanger, that is your objective. Once that is complete then Jester will lock down the doors and RAIDERS will supply cover fire for any farther reinforcements.

The weapons can be anything, go wild, but they can only be rifles/pistols don't care which just nothing like a rocket launcher, if it fires normal blaster bolts its good. enjoy shopping at ICS.

None of the vehicles in the hanger are to be used. The lights are now on (btw the lights were off anyone notice?). Please remember we aren't saying "be less creative" we are saying try to tone it down because the crazyness you guys introduced only confused EVERYONE. Please think about the logic in what you are doing and try to remember what others have done in posts before you and incorporate that.
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-2] [GC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC] [RAWR] [ESC09]
(A13) Vehicle Mechanic  ~ Former RAIDERS Squad Leader
Dunny
ComNet Cadet

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)

Post Number:  220
Total Posts:  438
January 22, 2012 5:41:09 PM    View the profile of Dunny 
OOC:
JESTER

OOC:
Edit from Havock: This post occurs before Havock's post, also since the poster was told specifically not to post that they were still in the fighter and advised that the post should occur after the Jester/RAIDERS briefing it will not count for points. The next time a direct order is disobeyed with no regard to commands orders (ie not even posting a tag indicating this occurred at a different time) the post will be deleted. 

Sam Jack Dunn grinned as his fingers flew over the dashboard of the V-Wing Starfighter, powering up the systems he needed to use one by one. First, he warmed up the main reactor, then routed power towards the repulsorlift systems that allowed the tiny fighter to take off and land. The familiar whine struck a nostalgic note in Sam’s mind, reminding him of his days in the TOSF and with the Starfighter Corps. He pulled back slightly on the control yoke, his left foot pressing down to keep the starfighter level as he raised it a meter off the ground, and locked the S-foils into attack position. He allowed himself a wide grin as he diverted power to the twin laser cannons that were the V-Wing’s only armament.

Firing up the targeting computer, he lined up the cannons with a squad of mercenaries that were using an old G’htroc Class 720 freighter as cover. Oh, he was going to enjoy this.

“Air support incoming from left flank.” He said to the rest of Jester Squad over the small micro ear-bead comm that Bright had given him, before pulling the trigger. The dark hangar flashed red for a moment as four cannon bolts flashed from the hovering fighter and smashed into the mercenary’s position, scattering infantry and cover alike. At this range, it was damn hard to miss. The opposing soldiers were sent reeling, obviously not expecting air support from inside the station. Making the most of the distraction, Dunn fired again.

He didn’t get a third shot off, however, as the lights in the hangar bay flicked back on, and his night-vision goggles flared a painful white, blinding in its luminance. Grunting from the sudden pain and reflexively reaching up to rip the goggles from his eyes, Sam’s hand knocked against the control yoke of the fighter. Bad idea. The tiny craft veered off to the left and impacted with the wall on the far side of the hangar, pinned there by its own repulsorlifts. Sam managed to right the control yoke, but he couldn’t see a damn thing – there was nothing but white.
“We need to regroup. Now, Dunny!”

He sighed and powered down the systems, finding the right controls from memory alone, and the fighter sank back to the ground, scraping against the hangar wall all the way down.

The ex-pilot stumbled out of the cockpit and fell heavily to the ground, tears streaming down his cheeks as he tried to see what the hell was going on. Lights danced on his vision, but he thought he could see the distinctive red hair of his Squad Leader, over by what looked to be a big, dark blur. He only stumbled once as he made his way over to there. Fortunately, by the time he reached the position, his eyesight had, for the most part, returned. Sure, there were still white spots, but things weren’t so blurry anymore.

“I assume you two have a plan?”

He certainly hoped so.

OOC:
WC: 500. Dunny has fun with a fighter, before damn near crashing it as the lights switch back on. For now, he seems content to let the SL's do the thinking.
ASL/CPL Sam Jack "Dunny" Dunn
4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

[SoA][M1(x2)][NAR][IG-HSC2011] [CRotS]
[1vM][Scout][SfM][VM][*SWC*][CQB][5.1]

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited January 22, 2012 7:40:29 PM)]
Kilroy
ComNet Novice

Kilroy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  74
January 22, 2012 6:31:43 PM    View the profile of Kilroy 
OOC:
Blackjack

"In case you gentlemen haven't noticed, we're still in combat here..."

Ah yes, can’t forget about that little thing.  John thought, quietly exiting the turret seat to the freighter.  Although using the spaceship’s onboard weaponry was a bit of overkill, it did help ease the man’s tensions a little bit.  Ever since the squad had left for Liberty station, the corporal had been slowly succumbing to space sickness, and it was affecting his judgment as the mission went on.  Switching his helmet’s com channel, Kilroy opened up a more secure and private line to the Blackjack commander.

“Kilroy here, permission to speak freely, sir?”

“What is it corporal?  I’m not in the mood for your damn antics now.”  Garryll replied, a twinge of stern disapproval entering the captain’s voice.

“Permission to spar with Fain and Crest when the mission is over sir?  You know as well as I do that I’m not acting like myself…rank aside it would do the three of us some good to blow off some steam and it will allow a few good punches to be thrown.”

“Why are you asking me this?”

“You prefer having your third in command be hated or would you rather have a better relationship going on between the enlisted?  I won’t apologize for my earlier outburst sir; I meant every word of it.  But I’ll admit that I could have worded it better.  Was trained since birth and have been a soldier for as long as I can remember, so the soldier’s creed runs rather deep here and I don’t take being called a cold blooded killer to kindly.”

“I’ll think about it…and try not to be such an ass to them aight?”

“Roger.”  Satisfied that some things have been mended, John quickly began to exit the freighter with all due speed.  It wasn’t until he got near the ramp that the Cadian tripped on something.  Curious, he looked at what had caused him to slip, hoping to find a reason to why it was placed there.  Just a misplaced medicine bo…Wait…Vacuum sickness pills?  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE?!?!? 

OOC:
351 words...heh completely forgot to add the OOC's there
[This message has been edited by Kilroy (edited January 23, 2012 1:03:50 AM)]
Mox
ComNet Cadet

Mox

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  258
Total Posts:  659
January 23, 2012 4:47:41 PM    View the profile of Mox 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Mox slammed himself against a durasteel crate, large enough to cover whole of his body. WTF? Mox thought as the lights turned on. His HUD AutoSwitched off the night vision mode, but the light still hurt his eyes. It took few moments before Mox could see again, without having to squint his eyes. The fighter in which the Jester's ASL was in just landed, and the guy himself ran to the rest of his squad.

Suddenly a hail of blaster fire came from the rest of the hangar. The rest of the RAIDERS answered  back. As Mox fired with his DC-17M he thought Why not use my grenade launcher? The man ran out of cover like a lightning, and in a second he was 20 meters farther. As he threw himself towards cover, he quickly changed his attachments from blaster to grenade.

“What the frak are you doing?” Joamer's voice sounded over the comm.

“Gonna blast these folks into ashes!” Mox replied already aiming.

“Don't... you... DARE...!” RAIDERS SL shouted into the comm, which was only connected between Mox and Joamer. “If you do that you may disrupt the energy field, and that is the only thing that is protecting us from space!”

“Shit... s'ry Joamer.” Mox thought as he changed back to the blaster attachments.

Mox thought the whole situation over, occasionally blind-firing at the mercs. So no explosives... frak, how did I survive all these years in the Rebel Alliance? He then starting to fight again, and aimed at various mercs popping out from time to time from behind cover. As he was about to reload Mox discovered he had no more clips. Frak... how could I let this happen. Mox looked back at his squad, slowly advancing, unlike Mox, who rushed forward, and is now isolated by a wall of blaster fire over his head.

OOC:
WC: 313. I'll muster more next time.
Slicing Specialist

TRP/PSC Mox/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [DT] [ECA] [A10]
[This message has been edited by Mox (edited January 23, 2012 5:35:57 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Mox (edited January 24, 2012 2:41:03 PM)]
StarFruit
ComNet Member

StarFruit

[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  523
January 23, 2012 7:08:50 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
OOC:
RAIDERS

A raging snarl ripped through her lips as her eyes caught the burning flash of the lights coming back to full power. Without another moment, still snarling, she ripped the NVGs from her face and tossed them aside, discarding them as if she never cared for them before. “Gorramit! How’d they get the lights back up?!” She fought the urge to hit the detonator, that still sat her pocket, again, but before she could react, the ASL was cut off by a sudden wave of powerful fire from the mercs in the hangar that could now see their attackers. This is why I wanted the lights off! Her mind screamed and raged, telling her to hit the switch, but it was impossible as the whole of her squad was being pressed down upon by the blaster fire from the mercs. It was frustrating, causing growl after snarl after grumble to roll through her lips with rage each time she fired her DC-15 from over the crates they had taken cover behind.

The woman watched as one of her troopers got themselves stranded due to his lack of logical thinking and that just made her even more angry. The two weeks she had gone without smoking… It was just now starting to get to her, making her realize just what she had been missing, just how much she wanted to light up right then and take in the spice mix she had tossed together, the mix that was all her own. It made her feel good, it made her feel empowered and able to do anything – but now, without so much as even a little buzz, she was beginning to feel worse than Mox. Jae felt as if she were being crushed beneath the weight of the entire station as it crashed towards the center of a star. The rage had coursed through her body, causing her fists to begin shaking, her shots now missing their targets.

“Jae! Pull yourself together!” The shout came from Heliwer, but it didn’t matter who had said it, it would never be that easy, not when this was the beginning of the worst withdrawal attack she had ever been through.

Already she could feel the fire coursing through her veins, causing sweat to gather on her brow, her eyes to squint in their attempt to see well enough to focus a shot. The woman was trying her damndest to push it away, but within the next moment the rage had caused her to holster her pistol and flung her over the crates, sprinting with the speed of a practiced runner towards a group of firing mercs. She ducked and rolled, dodging most of their fire, taking it to her right arm when necessary. Once the distance was closed, her Treppus-IIs flashed in the lights of the hangar as they were drawn and dispatched the four mercs with ease. Them she was off, sprinting around and over crates, feeling mercs with her trained and trusted blades.

OOC:
500 exact.

Jae starts having another withdrawal attack, making her pistol shots mush less accurate, so she does the next best thing and starts to attack the mercs with her blades.

(5.1)
Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  80
January 23, 2012 10:54:13 PM    View the profile of Coadster 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Dammit, I can’t get a good shot,” Cody said through his com. He climbed on a ship to get a better shot at the enemy, who’s numbers in front of the security doors were now dwindling. He could pick off the guards from his position, though the DC-15 handed to him refused to give a straight shot. At the very least, he’d gotten quite a few to jump around and make them easier targets for the others. But they’d caught wind of the trooper and pinned him down on the other side of the domed shell of the shuttle.

It was a tense situation for Coad, not being able to see the enemy, knowing they were close by, but unable to see. He had a nice melty black streak on the top of his helmet for his troubles, though.  He only prayed they didn’t have any concussion grenades in the Security Armory.

He was unpinned by Jae running right into the thick of things, blades flashing out at the enemy. Space, but Jae’s got some serious brass, he thought, watching her progress. She pulled a man’s blaster to the side with one blade as he fired, the bolt knocking the man to the immediate left to the ground as Jae’s other blade sliced the first man across the throat.

Of course, she’s got some serious luck too.

Coadster climbed up to the top again and fired down at the now frazzled unit. He caught someone’s arm, and lined up a shot on a soldier aiming at Jae. Suddenly, he was looking at the ceiling and there was nothing below him. He hit the ground on his back, all the wind knocked out of him and his blaster rifle skittering away. Panic set in, and he tried unsuccessfully to breath for long moments. How, wh-what?! His confusion was cleared in a moment, and more panic replaced it.

A large man in security guard now stood over him, fury in his eyes. A large boot filled Cody’s vision, and it was all he could do to roll out of the way. The man grabbed Coad and pulled him backward into a sitting position, arm wrapping around his face going for a chokehold. Cody burrowed his chin into his chest and writhed furiously. The man applied pressure to his face, so much that his jaw felt like it was going to pop from its sockets. The plastic armor the other man wore kept Cody from digging at his skin or biting his arm. Then, he felt the man shift, one hand on the left of his jaw, the other one on the back of his head.

“No, no!” Coad shouted, tensing up his neck as much as he could. The pistol! He thought, fumbling at his side holster instantly while pulling the hand on his chin the opposite way the man wanted it to go. The man tensed, put pressure on Cody’s neck. Then, the man yelled- just as Cody aimed the pistol over his shoulder and fired three times. The hands on his head lost their grip and slid behind him.

Air whistled into Coad’s lungs, and his beating heart threatened to pop out of his chest. He sighed, shaky. But the battle raged on around him; he needed to get back out there. He looked at the man’s body, all the tension out of his body and lifeless as a rag doll. He sighed again before grabbing his discarded DC-15 and getting back into the fray.

OOC:
Word Count: 589, I couldn't cut it more without making it less awesome... ;.; Sorry, Graders!
TRP/LCPL Coadster/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1][RAWR][RCA][IH]
(A9)
WhiskeyRose
ComNet Novice

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  97
January 24, 2012 2:14:09 AM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The entire situation was a blur to Xylonia.  One minute she was engulfed in blackness, the next, all the lights were back on blinding her eyes.  A deep growl reverberated from her lungs.  Mox was separated and ducking under heavy fire.  Jaenna seemed to have flown off the handle and was butchering every enemy with her blades. Coadster barely escaped having his neck snapped like a toothpick. Everyone was scrambled, and she had enough of this nonsense. 

The only ones, who seemed as composed as her, were Jack and Heliwer, who happen to look just as frustrated as she felt.  The chaos going on in the hangar reminded her of her heart’s turmoil she was fighting every day and night.  However, at that very moment she was not in chaos like the hangar.  She was on the job, and someone had to do it.

“Time for some opera,” her soft peaceful words were barely heard by Jack and Heliwer.

Without another breath, Xy carefully crawled on her belly behind crates and vehicles, using any and all cover she could.  Heliwer, unsure of what she was up to, peered around the crates he was using as a shield and kept his blasters ready to cover Xy’s back.  Jack followed his lead, watching her carefully.  Xy made her way to a corner in the hangar where a large quantity of crates had been stacked and crammed.  She wiggled her curvy frame in between a small gap in the crates and behind them.  Now that she was in a better defensive position, she focused on her allies. 

“Fly the coop Mox!” she stated in her comm link bracelet before resting each wrist on the crate in front of her for stability and letting laser bolts fly.  The bolts took out two of the men surrounding and moving in on her squad mate.  Jack took out a third with a blast from her gun.  Mox had heard her signal, and although not accustomed to such terms, grasped her meaning.  Watching the men moving in on him, Mox had jumped the fourth after the other three went down.  His elbow slammed into the other man’s temple, and he doubled forward.  The butt end of his blaster came slamming down onto the man’s skull sending him to the floor indefinitely.  Now that he had a clear path, he made his way closer to the main entrance to guard it.

Sapphire eyes absorbed the rest of the hangar assessing the next highest priority.  Although running around like a maniac with blades, it appeared Jaenna could handle her own.  Xy knew Joamer could take care of himself also.  Her blasters pointed suddenly towards Coadster as a long silver blade came whizzing down towards his neck.  She fired two blasts and the blade clattered to the concrete floor next to Coadster’s feet along with a few strands of his blonde hair. 

“Start ducking Vanilla.  The tune they’re singing is calling for your neck.  Get to cover.”  Her words were calm as her blasters remained ready for when an enemy was lined up for a clear shot.
OOC:
Word Count: 517 Xy's ready to take care of business!!!!!!
TRP/PVT WhiskeyRose/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [RCA] [LM]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Operation: Express Justice  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:30:01 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 102  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >