Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Dark Jedi Order > Archived Dark Jedi Information Booth > A Personal Request

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  A Personal Request
Exar Kun
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Apprentice (SAP)

Post Number:  47
Total Posts:  49
  RE: A Personal Request
October 21, 2001 12:40:21 AM    View the profile of Exar Kun 
You may think I am evil. I am not. I am efficient. I serve my Master and the glorius Sith Tradition. We are no less powerful for being hidden. We grow in the darkness. We gain strength from it. -Darth Maul- As you can see, in his first paragraph of his first entry, of his Journal Lord Maul clearly puts into place his veiw of the Force. The Sith seek power, and control, and order. That is our ultimate goal. The Jedi seek peace, and serinity. What is their goal? Peace, no matter how nobal the goal, is impossible to reach, without ORDER! Now, I am a Christian, and I have a deep intrest in the philosophes of hindu, and buddahism. I in no way consider myself an 'evil' person. Witch is exactly the reason I am in the Vast Empire. The best actors, and preforms know that in order to play your best role you must play an oppisite role to what you are in real life. Hence I am (in my own eyes at least) a 'good' person. So I play an 'Evil' person in the Vast Empire. The Krath, and the Sith of the Vast Empire are not evil, and if you noticed, dark Jedi Masters have both light and dark powers. We study both sides, both arts. The word 'Dark' is who we are, we cannot change that - that would be changeing everything about star wars. Either you are on the light side, or the dark side. We are no less powerful for being hidden. We grow in the darkness. We gain strength from it.

-----------------------
DLS/SWR Exar Kun/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ/mSSD Atrus "Nix" Hexum
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
October 21, 2001 11:32:45 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
So your opinion on this is...  Sorry, I didn't catch it.  As to playing the opposite role, it is VERY fun.  Once, in History, I defended Creationism(hard to do scientifically, but I came up with overwhelming circumstantial evidence) and won.  Very gratifying, but, just so people knew which side I was on, I went back and destroyed my evidence after I won.  The point is, it's a good experience, but not something I'll do with a moral situation.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
November 13, 2001 1:21:45 PM    View the profile of JMac 
I don't see what the insistance is that the Jedi are wholly good and serene, because this is just not true, just look at Kyp Durron and his Squadron.  They go out and attack!  They use the force in a proactive way, but they are still Jedi.  So why couldn't the VE have a light side Jedi Order?
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
November 13, 2001 1:22:03 PM    View the profile of JMac 
[This message has been edited by JMac (edited November 13, 2001 1:25:18 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
November 13, 2001 5:31:03 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Because, like I said before, the Light Order and the Dark Order would conflict with each other, thus causing a huge havoc and chaotic atmosphere within the two orders, and then causing other major problems elsewhere via spreading between VE members.

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
[OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP]
-----------------------
Spartacus
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  326
Total Posts:  326
November 14, 2001 2:05:57 AM    View the profile of Spartacus 
I shall comment on the new topic that has emerged in this thread since the old one is almost a closed case - - - Plesae take my comments with a grain of salt.  I am not saying anyone is wrong or incorrect in their statements, nor am I attempting to "target" a specific speaker. I think the best part of the Star Wars universe is that it is open to countless different, thought-provoking interpretations from an endless variety of individual perceptions.  Therefore, all of your thoughts are very appealing to me.
Argon Viper stated:
The Jedi and Sith are not as incompatable as you might think, the only reason they fight on the movies is because one allied with the Empire and one with the Republic.

The Light Jedi and the Sith fought before as the statements made and demeanor taken by the Jedi Council in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace proves.  The Expanded Universe, which the Vast Empire utilizes, also is filled with numerous tales of Light vs. Dark.

Master stated:
The Dark Side is evil, the Empire isn't.

Grand Moff Tarkin massacred an entire world.  Indeed, he destroyed the world itself.  He was not a Dark Jedi.  Yet he was evil.  I am not saying everyone in the Empire is evil (as Warrant Officer Darkhawk has aptly explained), but not everyone in the Dark Side is evil either or “believes” they are evil (as Sith Warlord Exar Kun has shown with his excerpt regarding Darth Maul).

Exar Kun stated:
Either you are on the light side, or the dark side.

At one time in the ancient Star Wars galaxy, neither the light side nor the dark side existed.  There was only The Force and its practitioners studied all of its areas.  Perhaps these were the last true Jedi, as Grand Master Sauron once spoke of, who used both sides – light and dark – unaware of their differences.  Then unknown individuals emerged who followed only one side of The Force and the two rigid camps were created: the followers of the light side and the followers of the dark side.  The “followers of the dark side” being banished from the known galaxy and eventually fleeing to Korriban (the homeworld of the Sith race). Were these ancient Jedi who used both sides stronger than the current Jedi who limit themselves by following only one particular “side”?  Perhaps.  I doubt we may ever really know.

JMac stated:
Just look at Kyp Durron and his squadron.  They go out and attack!  They use the force in a proactive way, but they are still Jedi.

If you remember, Luke Skywalker and the new Jedi Council are against Kyp Durron and his squadron, Kyp's Dozen, because they are verging upon, if not actually “dipping” into, the Dark Side in their various campaigns against the Yuuzhan Vong. Also, another point worthy of note is this, Kyp Durron was once a Dark Jedi who originally thought that, even though the power he wielded stemmed from the Dark Side, it could still be used against the Empire.  Because of his inability to distinguish between the two sides, he destroyed millions of sentient beings. Again, please do not take any of my comments personally or to heart as they are not intended to be invective, denigrating, challenging, etc.. DJM Spartacus Advisor to the VEDJ GM ----------------------- One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie . . . --- J.R.R. Tolkien

[This message has been edited by Spartacus (edited November 14, 2001 2:48:41 AM)]
Timber Saden
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  61
November 14, 2001 3:26:57 AM    View the profile of Timber Saden 
What can I say, I took the time to thoroughly read through each persons posts, and ya know, my main opinion on all of this is that, Cosmic, you should have done the smart thing and e-mailed Kadann directly, without creating this large debate. It doesn't matter why your father would get upset, or for what reason he is trying to, for lack of a better word, shelter, you from "evil" "dark" things, doesn't matter. The fact is that the names for the positions in the Dark Jedi Order, will stay as such regardless of one persons views. All positions within, and pertaining to the dark side are created from the Star Wars universe. They are not things that Kadann, or anyone else, plucked off a tree and decided "Oooh, these are spooky words. Lets use them." Dark Lord of the Sith... quite frankly, if that was changed to anything else, it would not be true to the Star Wars Universe, as well, I don't think anything else would sound right. I agree with Ani whole heartedly, I am completely against changing any of the terms for Ranks and Positions used int he Dark Jedi Order. Now, Viper, you and the rest of the Fallen Angels don't want to be a part of Vast Empires Force User's because they are Dark Jedi. To each his own. if you don't want to, fine. I am not going to lose any sleep over FA not being in DJO because it is "Dark". "If you would just drop the Dark from the name and all the evil stuff from the group, us FA Jedi would probably join." Ehhh... not quite. Dark Jedi Order... Sith, Krath, etc. Ahhh heck, why not. Let's drop the "Dark" "Evil" things from it, we'll call it Super Happy Fun Order! "Lighten up the group a bit, and you won't scare away everyone who looks at you..." Uhmm... what exactly is it that is "scary" and looking at the current roster, DJO isn't exactly empty. Though, the one thing I noticed, and I think is quite unfair, and a crock of crap is the special privileges given to FA. How is it truly fair that any of FA can carry lightsabers, use the Force, etc. in VE without being a part of the DJO? If anyone else uses the Force, or uses a lightsaber, and they are not official members of DJO, your damn right they are called on it. Regardless of how long you've role played, how long your character has been around, rules are rules. Yet they don't apply to FA. Again, I feel that is a crock of crap, completely unfair, and a blatant mockery of the rules set forth by the Vast Empire High Council. Hey, let's have a promotional day. Free lightsabers to those who buy tickets to the game! Entering the Dark Jedi Order is a privilege. A privilege bestowed by the High Council, High Commands, and Dark Council. On a final note, for future reference, if you have any questions, requests, etc. similair to this one, I urge you to contact Kadann and Paan personally via e-mail. This topic never should have been started, or should have been restricted to a select few.

-----------------------
SL/ETRP/2LT Timber Saden/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Loaith/VEA/VE [IOC][LoC]
HM-CM/DJK Timber Saden/DC-5/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [WoS]
-----------------------
Trust in my self righteous suicide.
I cry when angels deserve to die.
Occisor per Status Quo
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
November 14, 2001 11:57:05 AM    View the profile of Talon 
I agree. A request like this does belong in an email to the person(s) who can change it. As far as the FA and the Force go, they were allowed their sabers, but not use of the Force. I have noticed more than once them writing about using the Force and mentioning many times about how restricted they are. I have one point to make here: TOUGH! I've had people come to me saying that they lead Zone clans or are a higher rank in EH or some group like it and "Can I get a good rank?" and I say "Sure.. Private. You'll have to earn PFC." The FA are very lucky to have the deal they have and I don't think it's wise to push their luck. -Tal
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
November 14, 2001 2:27:49 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
I concur as well.  I know it was my mistake on posting my requests here, but it was only intended for the Dark Council.  I never thought, or planned, that other people would join into this little conflict...if it is EVEN a conflict at all.  Well, my point has been shown.  I suggest, for the better sake of the Dark Council and the DJO, that we close and lock this topic immediately. ----------------------- Dark Jedi Knight Cosmic
ComNet > Dark Jedi Order > Archived Dark Jedi Information Booth > A Personal Request  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:24:35 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 106  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >