Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Commander

Post Number:  906
Total Posts:  1054
  RE: Naval History & Timeline
June 22, 2013 3:28:52 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
Not completely wild, I'm married now, the wife wouldn't allow me to be wild.
RET/CDR Rorran "Slasher" Gorma/VEN/VE
[IC1][SoV][CBV.][MC:1][SoL][GWC][NS-3][LSM][=*IM*=][=*SWC*=](=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=^ME^=)
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  472
Total Posts:  757
June 22, 2013 3:31:30 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Loving the green face
Petty Officer 2nd Class Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

SXO | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}
Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Commander

Post Number:  907
Total Posts:  1054
June 22, 2013 6:08:24 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
yeah, never got a nifty avatar like the rest of you all have
RET/CDR Rorran "Slasher" Gorma/VEN/VE
[IC1][SoV][CBV.][MC:1][SoL][GWC][NS-3][LSM][=*IM*=][=*SWC*=](=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=^ME^=)
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  584
Total Posts:  786
June 23, 2013 12:46:25 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Well Slash, if you provide a pic I could always make something up for you.

Does this mean you're back or just dropping by?
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W] [DSM] [CBV] [CC: D] [CNQST]

TRN | INI Zarya | VEDJ | VE
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  232
June 23, 2013 1:13:29 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Looking back through this thread, I've noticed one thing that could be changed on the scope of the entire project. And that would be date format.

Currently the American date format is used, being MM/DD/YY. Gur, you had made a slight comment in this regard a while ago. It occurs to me that you may not be the only person who is not necessarily familiar/comfortable with the American format.

My question is: What format should we use? I have been considering multiple options, but I think the best is to use a "Month Day, Year" form (e,g. January 1, 2013). This way we avoid ambiguity between the various numerical forms. Besides, it seems a bit more "official" and formal to use such a form for dates.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  433
Total Posts:  438
June 23, 2013 1:19:47 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
So...uh...do we have a current map of Vast Empire controlled territory yet?
FM|MCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt Twelve|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  141
June 23, 2013 1:27:06 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Not sure how recent these are, Dunny. But we do have a few maps up on the wiki.

Local map

Galactic Map

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  434
June 23, 2013 1:36:28 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Those are from before the VE captured Coveway, Belgaroth and Bestine IV, so yeah, they're at least a couple of years old. I might have a crack at an updated map myself if no-one else is doing it.
FM|MCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  585
Total Posts:  786
June 23, 2013 3:17:09 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Tryk, I believe, is already making an updated map. So we should have that soon.
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W] [DSM] [CBV] [CC: D] [CNQST]

TRN | INI Zarya | VEDJ | VE
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  435
June 23, 2013 3:41:37 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Oh, sweet.
FM|MCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  3084
Total Posts:  3784
June 23, 2013 11:30:32 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I myself use the "Month name, day #, year #" format on my personal page, for the same reason Fishhead has brought up: it's universally understood.  That said, it takes up more space.  If it looks like we can afford the extra space, I'd say we go ahead and spell out the names of the months.  It will be more clear.

And, yes: my Galaxy Map project is nearing completion.  Can't wait to show you all! 
CNW/VCOM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][IG]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

SM/DWR Trykon/Dark Jedi/Shades/Raven L-04/DJO/VE [EoP]
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  142
June 24, 2013 11:42:54 PM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Glad to see you back, Trick.

Turns out I had already used the more universal style with the HotSec entry. Looks good there, so I'll go ahead and use that for the finalized style. If anyone does go to that page while I'm trudging along with it, dates will be a bit rough; right now, it's more of a focus of just entering the data in.

I will however be slowing down a bit with this as Chapter 9 is soon to begin. I'm also spending quite a bit of time planning and researching for my final few posts on my cert. So again, if anyone is willing to help with any part of the project, it would be much appreciated.

Can't wait to see the new maps, Trick!

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Xanatos
ComNet n00b

Xanatos

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  26
June 25, 2013 2:24:51 AM    View the profile of Xanatos 
I'm still just a trainee, but I've got some experience with wiki work and plenty of time on my hands. Just tell me what needs doing and I'll see what I can do, sir.
TRN|CRW Xanatos 677 "Xanatos" Bombassa
Raptor 3|S:137 "Raptor" W:46 "Defiance"
(PLT) Cappadocious|TF:A|3FL|SC|VEN|VE
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  474
June 25, 2013 7:12:04 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
As Chapter 9 begins, I think we're going to have to put this down the priority list.

And welcome, newbie. I'm sure we can find something for you to do if you're desperate. In fact, you might want to do some reading of previous stories. How about you read the most recent 'Counterpunch' arc? There are four parts to it. Read through, summarize them, giving key details and outlining any sub-plots, then PM me your finished copy.

SXO | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=^TG^=)
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  143
June 25, 2013 9:37:27 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Great place to start. As you may or may not know, Crewman, we're about to start a club-wide arc in which we begin a march towards Corellia and the Core (details here). So it'll be useful for you to get caught up with our latest campaign.

If you're interested in helping me, however, take a look at this link. This is my project. I'm essentially building more detailed entries for each of our canon missions, based off of this link.

I'm still collecting data for this part of it. I've been considering setting up a few GoogleDocs for this part. That way, we don't clutter this thread with the actual data entries, as they are quite large.

Anyway. For the actual figures I'm collecting. I go through each story found on the main timeline and tabulate the following, in order of the post:

Rank (at the time of the first post) and Name (Full, if possible, with callsign)
Story Join Date
Number of posts to the story
Total word count to the story (if not listed at the end of a post, I throw it into a word doc to get a rough estimate).

If you're still interested in my part of this, I'd say pick any mission you want from 2011 and post your results here on the thread. This goes for anyone who wants to give it a try. Not just our new Crewman.

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  145
June 28, 2013 1:06:34 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
For the folks interested: Next step in my project is complete; I have the missions on the page and am about to slap on the base sort table. Then I'll be grinding out the rest of the data to get this thing done.

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3131
June 28, 2013 2:19:20 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Incredibly impressive, Fishhead.  I'm really liking what I see so far.
CNO/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][IG]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  486
June 28, 2013 11:59:49 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I'm currently holding off on doing any more with this particular project, as I'm helping out with some VENA work that needs doing. Once I've finished there, I'll come back here and carry on.

(=^TG^=)
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  157
July 16, 2013 10:08:11 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
And at long last, 2012 is nearly done!

I've been fighting my computer the last few weeks over all kinds of things, but it's gotten a bit better. Expect more activity from my end now.

A couple things to note as I wrap up 2012:
  • With the "Month"/day/year format, I have absolutely no control as to how the lists sort themselves. They will end up sorting alphabetically, which means we'll have accurate sorting by date in each individual month, but not as a complete story.
  • There are a group of names I could not find/figure out where to link to. Any help figuring out where relevant pags are would be appreciated:
    • The first here is Captain Grey. I feel I should link this PC to the Naval Intelligence pages.
    • Eli13778, otherwise known as Eli 'Bolts' Long, according to his training thread in the Academy.
    • X10, otherwise known as Xenon 'X10' Lepturia. No trace of wiki page at all.
    • Ryuno, otherwise known as Naomi 'Twitch' Ryuno.
    • And lastly, Slammer, otherwise known as Titus 'Slammer' Green.
  • I have not yet implemented the following information above the sort tables in each year, but I have the data ready:
    • Story Start Date:
    • Story Description:
    • Total Posts:
    • Total Word Count:
  • And lastly, I know the sizes of each table are different. I am planning to come back through and standardize each component of the tables. Eventually.

-CPO Aaaiser

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3236
July 16, 2013 3:36:29 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great, great work, Fishhead.

Absolutely route "Captain Grey" to the VENI page.  Folks can figure out there which Grey was which, sparing you the effort on these tables.

Eli13778 wiki: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Eli_%22Bolts%22_Long

Ryuno wiki (but her callsign was Ryuno, not Twitch): http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Naomi_Ryuno

Twitch wiki (who isn't Naomi Ryuno): http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Anita_(Twitch)_Cafall

Slammer wiki: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Titus_%22Slammer%22_Green

Couldn't find X10, but I'm sure it's around somewhere.  Those were all a simple search of the wiki, btw, so not sure what the issue was that you were havin'.

Stellar job, as ever.
Naval High Command
CNO/Commodore Trykon/NHC/VEN/VE

Second Vast Imperial Fleet
SCAP/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Decorations
[*IG*][*AO*][HNS][1NS][2NS][LSM][BWC][SWC][GWC][CC:4][CNQST]
[NSM][E][NAR][MSM][SoA][CoB][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  158
July 16, 2013 3:47:37 PM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Thanks, Trick.

Must've been slight typos in searches for the wiki. I'll make sure to look a bit closer in the future. But a few mistakes here and there aren't too bad. As long as I catch them.

I may be putting this project on hold for a bit; I'm having computer issues and may be replacing it very soon... And with the issues I've been having, my writing hasn't really been happening. So I do want to get back into the writing for a few days at least, before my computer decides to completely die on me.

If it does hold out, I'll be switching gears to coding for the calculator. I'll be posting on the wiki thread very soon regarding the calculator.

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3237
July 16, 2013 3:49:15 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
No worries.  Good luck resolving computer issues, don't feel bad about a writing break, and I look forward to seeing if you can fix that calculator! 
Naval High Command
CNO/Commodore Trykon/NHC/VEN/VE

Second Vast Imperial Fleet
SCAP/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Decorations
[*IG*][*AO*][HNS][1NS][2NS][LSM][BWC][SWC][GWC][CC:4][CNQST]
[NSM][E][NAR][MSM][SoA][CoB][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

Drac
ComNet Disciple

Drac

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] Captain
[VE-VEMC] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  2023
Total Posts:  2191
August 29, 2013 7:25:26 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Wow. I mean wow. I had expected to maybe start this up again slowly now that I'm back, but instead I've found the basic project totally finished and further stages underway.

I haven't had the time to look through everything and come to true understanding of where it all stands now, but I look forward to doing so.

@Tosth: Thank you for taking up this project in my absence. I'm incredibly impressed with the initiative and dedication you've shown in executing this and with the level of completion you've reached. If I had the authority, I'd hand you another medal on my own. As it is, you'll find 3,000,000 credits added to your account as an expression of my personal gratitude for your work.

Thank you to Trykon and Gurlanin as well.

-Drac
TFC/CAPT Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Besh/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
SCAP|Captain Drac|VEN|VE
"Think Ackbar, but Imperial."

TRN/INI Drac/VEDJ
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  179
August 29, 2013 10:01:54 PM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Thanks, Drac. I really appreciate it. If you're still interested in this, I think Gur's been working on composing a narrative for the history. Not sure where he is in that.

I have a few more projects going on. If you want, I can start filling you in. May be a few days, as I just got out of the hospital. Still recovering. And I'm starting college within the week as well... So I'll be busy, but around.

-Fishhead

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Gurlanin
ComNet Member
Imperial Supporter

Gurlanin

Post Number:  541
August 30, 2013 8:57:58 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Slowly, but surely, I've been checking through the stories. Haven't actually done much, because real life stuff, but I'm working on it.

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Naval History & Timeline  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:00:33 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 55  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >