ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COMD)

Post Number:  1890
Total Posts:  1957
  RE: Naval Wiki Topic
December 16, 2011 12:24:29 AM    View the profile of Atrasin 
np, thanks for the efforts.
CNO|COMD Atrasin|ISD Iron Duke|TF:A|1Flt|VEN|VE [=A=][=^SA^=][=^ME^=][=*MA*=][=FOCE=][=*TG*=][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][MC1]{BWC}[NSR:1]{SAS}{SWC}(SOL)[LSM][VC:B][DSM][VC:S]
Vacuus Ordo, Nex  -Without Order, Death
All a man can betray is his conscience. - Joseph Conrad
We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. - Henry V
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George S. Patton Jr.
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAPT)
[VE-VEMC] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1704
Total Posts:  2191
December 31, 2011 12:53:19 AM    View the profile of Drac 
To add to what Driver said: Don't edit pages that aren't yours without instruction to do so...so when you get the urge, seek the instruction. Find out who's responsible for the page and PM them your proposal. Odds are, they'll be more than happy to let you do it.

-Drac
TFC/CAPT Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Besh/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Captain Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
"Think Ackbar, but Imperial."
Trykon
ComNet Veteran

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Ensign (ESGN)

Post Number:  1095
Total Posts:  3784
January 4, 2012 7:26:56 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Slowly giving the VENA pages a facelift, and pending some discussion with the NHC, there may be substantial structural changes soon.  Please bear with me as we update, all.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

SCAP/ESGN Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/ESGN Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][NS:H][DSM][SWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  1704
July 3, 2012 2:43:24 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Okay, lots of wiki work this week:

1.)  The SCTP pages are all getting overhauled as Serpent and Echelon go through.

2.)  I reorganized the Naval Ranks page a bit, pending a formal rewrite that Drac and StOrMz were discussing.  My changes were: A, dividing the table more sensibly, in accordance to real-world navy distinctions between officers and enlisted personnel, B, incorporating Naval lieutenant ranks to replace the army-style 1st and 2nd Lt. ranks, and C, reworking some of the acronyms, for clarity and to match real-world rank acronyms more closely.

SCAP/LT Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/LT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Cadet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  294
Total Posts:  1245
July 18, 2012 2:31:15 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Two things about the Naval Fleet wiki page that I've noticed. Well, one thing I've noticed, another thing I thought I'd ask about.

1- For the squadrons, it lists Nightshrikes and Regents as the active squadrons. This is out of date for obvious reasons, I was wondering if I could change it to be solely Tuk'ata until such a time it bears changing again.

2- The map that is used in the page, is it out of date or is it correct?

This is Hades being an annoying procrastinator when he has absolutely nothing else to do. So feel free to be annoyed.

Chief Petty Officer Demetrius "Hades" Aita, Tuk'ata Squadron[
FL | CPO "Hades" | B-1 | S:26 "Tuk'ata" | W:58 "Javelin" | ISD Halcyon Warrior | TF:Besh | 1st Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
[MC1] [CBV] (=SWC=) [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

"There's not a finer sight in the galaxy than gassed rebels running out of a cave into the waiting blasters of your own battalion. Well—perhaps sunrises. But for those, you have to wake up early."
~Surveillance Officer Trech
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  1779
July 18, 2012 2:43:51 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
1.) feel free to change it to Tuk'ata only.

2.) the map looks largely correct, to me.  I'll throw it onto the work-in-progress "The Vast Empire" wiki page, and see what Fury and Raz say about it.

SCAP/LT Wyl Trykon/VSD Brilliant/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/LT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Cadet

Hades

Post Number:  295
July 18, 2012 2:53:23 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Alright, the squadrons have been changed so that only Tuk'ata is there now.

Chief Petty Officer Demetrius "Hades" Aita, Tuk'ata Squadron[
FL | CPO "Hades" | B-1 | S:26 "Tuk'ata" | W:58 "Javelin" | ISD Halcyon Warrior | TF:Besh | 1st Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
[MC1] [CBV] (=SWC=) [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

"There's not a finer sight in the galaxy than gassed rebels running out of a cave into the waiting blasters of your own battalion. Well—perhaps sunrises. But for those, you have to wake up early."
~Surveillance Officer Trech
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Templar
[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2829
May 13, 2013 1:20:51 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but we have need of it.

I want to update the Naval Ranks wiki page, which has been woefully messy for a long while.

I have the tables looking the way I want them, with the rank badges VISUALLY correct (in order and placement), but many of the image files are named incorrectly (as in, the acronym references a rank different from the rank plack the image actually shows), and there are multiple versions of each file, with each version differing in whether or not .gif and .jpg are capitalized or not...

...in short, it's a mess, and exactly the sort of problem designed to drive my particular set of neuroses into overdrive.

So I'm announcing a JOB OPPORTUNITY!

I'm going to spend tonight getting the page to look the way I'd like it to look.  When I'm done with that, I'll say so in this thread.  But starting tomorrow, I'd like some brave soul to go through that wiki page's bazillions of little image files, and make sure every single one of them is named with an acronym that matches the rank that it's supposed to depict.  And I want them standardized, with no variations in capitalization between them.  We're aiming for one "canon" set of images for all Naval Ranks, that makes some sort of sense.  And then we're aiming for that new set of images with standardized naming conventions to be plugged in to the proper locations on the page, recreating the cobbled-together collage that I'm working on right now.

Make sense?

It's not a particularly glamorous job, but whoever volunteers and does it will earn my gratitude, which is worth quite a bit. 
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited May 13, 2013 2:24:23 AM)]
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  232
May 13, 2013 2:21:27 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
If no one else wants the job, I would gladly work on this.

I've had problems in the past with these image files on my bio page. Would be nice to take care of that little issue.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator/TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

{XenB}

"Win or lose, as long as the fight is worthy, then honor is gained. The glory at having triumphed over impossible odds is what drives me. If there's nothing at stake – your possessions, your life, your world – then the battle's meaningless. It's the true test of yourself – the battle against death... against oblivion."
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2831
May 13, 2013 2:25:57 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Right?  Super frustrating.  I know that you JUST took a break from another big wiki project, though, Fishhead, so we can wait and see if anyone else is able to take on this job. 
CNW/VCOM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Rocketman
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Rocketman

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  516
Total Posts:  533
May 13, 2013 2:28:38 AM    View the profile of Rocketman 
I could do it since I got the time.
There are many aspects of the Force we have no knowledge of. The subject still requires further research and study.
[url][/url]

SCAP|ENS Rocketman|ICF-II Chrome Fox||TF:Besh|1Flt|FC|VEN|VE [=*IM*=][=*NE*=][=BO=] (MC1)(NSR:H)(NT:H)(BWC)(NSR:1)(SOL)(SWC)(MC2)(LoM)(=A=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2832
May 13, 2013 2:43:48 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
If you think you can handle it, Rocket, that'd be excellent.

As I said, I'll keep editing the page tonight, and by tomorrow I'll post again in this thread to say "The page looks the way it should look."

At that point, you'll start your work.  You'll go through and change everything behind the scenes, so that it all makes sense in the editing screen, but still looks exactly the same on the regular page as when you started. 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC]

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2834
May 13, 2013 4:59:15 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Update: I'm actually having to do a lot of the tedious work I'd hoped to pass off to someone else, anyway.  So it's possible there may not be much anyone else can do, after all.  I'll keep you all in the loop.  But for now, stand down from this project and focus on your own stuff (skills, certs, HotSec, etc.).

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2871
May 15, 2013 4:36:52 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
In consultation with the rest of the NHC, I've finished the overhaul of Naval Ranks.  All active VEN members should update their personal wiki pages, using the new set of standardized rank insignia images.  I will make an announcement elsewhere reiterating that point.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2892
May 17, 2013 5:15:23 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Okay, I have an actual job opportunity, this time, for I'm requesting something that is beyond my skill: I would really prefer it if the Navy Char/Cert Hybrid Infobox Template on the wiki listed Awards above Affiliation, in the Military Information section.  As it is right now, Affiliation appears above Awards on the actual wiki pages which use the template, even though you enter awards above affiliation in the editing screen.  If someone knows enough about wiki coding to fix that, it would be a welcome change.  Drac, if you're still checking in, I know that template is your baby, and I'd prefer you do work this important.  But if anyone else is confident that they could make this minor fix, let me know; I'll likely let you try it. 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited May 17, 2013 5:16:31 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  404
Total Posts:  757
May 17, 2013 6:30:01 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I could do work and the like. I'll also have a crack at the template, but I am going away in about an hour's time, so the template will be all I can do today.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FL | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2894
May 17, 2013 6:32:44 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
If you think you have enough time before you need to go, and enough knowledge to pull it off, then by all means, Gurlanin, please fix it!    Just be careful: this particular template is one of the most widely-used in the entire Navy!

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  405
May 17, 2013 6:37:18 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Already finished, Tryk. You wanted Awards above Affiliation, correct? Well that's what ya got!

Now I'm going to see if I can't fix that 'task force' section, which doesn't want to show ....

FL | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  406
May 17, 2013 6:39:12 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ah, there we are. All sorted.

Anything else?

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2895
May 17, 2013 6:40:40 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Oh wow.  Well done!  Lol.  I clearly am just missing something obvious, but the logic of templates has always eluded me.

Let's see.  Would it be possible to ADD a line for ComNet name?  For some people (like me), that's different from their "Callsign."

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  407
May 17, 2013 6:41:58 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Yup. No problem.

Does this count towards my FOCE?

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2896
May 17, 2013 6:43:32 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Lol.  Uh, this is a little small, for a FOCE (those are big, sweeping proposals to improve the Navy greatly)... but it'll definitely get factored in when it's time to think about medals again (which will come much more quickly, this time around). 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  408
May 17, 2013 6:45:07 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ha ha.

If you add "comnet=" to your box, it will now magically appear.

Anything else?

EDIT: Sorry, it's a "=" over a ":"

(=^TG^=)
[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited May 17, 2013 6:46:44 AM)]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2897
May 17, 2013 6:47:06 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
That's it for now, but I know who to ask in future!   Great work!

Oh, one thing: if you did something to make taskforce visible, it's still not working on my personal page.  Other changes all seem to work fine, though.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  1078
May 17, 2013 6:48:32 AM    View the profile of Hades 
/me waggles finger,

Trick, the Warfare pages are getting out of date. See here

I referenced this when I was a young and headstrong CPO, a year or so ago Might want to add that to your 'to do' list.

Lieutenant Demetrius 'Hades' Aita

FL | LT 'Hades' | Silver Nine | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

CNT | LT 'Hades' | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

'And who are you,' the proud lord said, 'that I must bow so low?'

[This message has been edited by Hades (edited May 17, 2013 6:48:53 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  409
May 17, 2013 6:49:12 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
You have to add a space inbetween task and force.

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2898
May 17, 2013 6:51:29 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ah, excellent Gur.  One last thing, to make it perfect: order should be Fleet on top of Task Force. 

Also, Hades, I can't possibly keep track of all the old BS on the wiki.  Lol.  One thing at a time.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  410
May 17, 2013 6:53:27 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Are you sure, Tryk? I thought that a task force was within a fleet?

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  2899
May 17, 2013 6:54:48 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
That's what I'm saying, precisely: Task Forces are IN Fleets.  So it doesn't make sense to list the Task Force above the Fleet, since we read from top to bottom, and therefore don't know which Fleet the Task Force belongs to.

If you're tripped up by Division then being after both, then just invert all four, so it's Division, Fleet, Task Force, Ship.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited May 17, 2013 6:56:14 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  411
May 17, 2013 6:57:23 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
But that's what it does say!

Callsign:   
Gurlanin
Petty Officer Second Class
Position:   
Flight Leader
Flight:   
Cresh Flight
Squadron:   
58th (Strill) Squadron
Wing:   
101st (Blade) Wing
Ship:   
ISD II Adjudicator
Task Force:   
Task Force Aurek
Fleet:   
2nd Fleet
Division:   
Navy

That's copy and pasted from my wiki page.

(=^TG^=)
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Naval Wiki Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:29:56 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 79  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >