Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  238
Total Posts:  362
  RE: HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
January 3, 2011 2:09:26 AM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“BETA!” He heard RK yell into the com.

“Yes Sir?”

“Havock got herself in a mess so I need to take a team to fine her, can you follow behind and provide cover fire?”

“Just me?”

“No, not just you! You’ll have Abalar, Valthir and Grahim! I’ll take Bright and Karash! Meaning your in charge of your squad! Got it?”

“Yes sir!” Beta replied to the command that RK had just given him. He was excited to be given this position but at the same time nervous that he wouldn’t be able to command the team well enough and shocked that RK even picked him.

Just after, RK punched the crystal directly underneath him, the force causing some of the crystal to break away in that spot. Brightstar seemed to be trying to help him but then that whole situation seemed to lose Beta’s attention as the bullets stopped hitting the barrier of crystal.

Things  aren’t going to get too much crazier than this, Beta thought to himself as the world seemed to slow down and he just looked at everything that was going on in the mine, our squad leader ran off almost without warning, she’ll be pretty damn lucky if she manages to not get herself killed this time, our ASL got a slug to the shoulder and is still going to attempt to mount a rescue, that is if he can still aim his gun enough to not get himself in the same situation but at least he has some good troopers at his side to help him and finally out of all the people left he picked me to lead the rest of the squad that we still have here to attempt to provide cover while at the same time we are being hailed upon by a rain of bullets!

He stopped at that thought and looked around a bit more. He looked at the blood that came from RK, staining the crystal on the ground beside him; Beta looked at the MGs being pointed right at them and finally looked at his squad who were completely unfazed by the entire thing.

Just another day in crazy RAIDERS, he decided then everything seemed to lash back into full drive. The bullets from the MGs were pounding on the small amount of barriers that they had there once again. One cracked, then shattered into thousands of pieces from the sheer number of bullets that had ruptured its structural integrity. Beta and Valthir, who had been in cover behind that barrier dove quickly to the safety of another one. Vathir, being the smaller and more agile of the two, managed to get out far quicker than Beta did and got out before the flurry of bullets rushed in. Beta was able to barely dodge injury when a slug ricocheted off of his rifle. He then got up to a crouching position and looked at Abalar, Grahim and Valthir.

“You heard the man, we gotta cover them as they save our great commander!” Beta said to the other three troopers. They looked around at each other and they aimed at the MGs, guns at ready and prepared to kill.

OOC:
/me hi fives self

New page baby!
PFC Beta40

TPR/PFC Beta40/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Beta40 (edited January 3, 2011 2:10:23 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Beta40 (edited January 3, 2011 5:15:36 PM)]
Valthir
ComNet Novice

Valthir

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  681
January 3, 2011 11:45:59 AM    View the profile of Valthir 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Valthir was still smirking slightly from the incident earlier with the fake grenade. Ah, breaking the tension. Even up to the moment, he still had no idea who exactly had thrown the empty clip, whether it had been him, the Eclipse trooper, or somebody else. Regardless, it had done its job and that was all that mattered.

And now they were on the plateau, overlooking the crystalline ground below, shooting at the MGs. Already, Valthir had a method. He wasn’t going for the inaccurate spray-and-pray that a few of his fellow squadmates were using. Rather, he would take his time to aim. Even under fire, he was pretty accurate, but then, with only the occasional round coming towards them and plenty of time to aim, he was a master. Every shot he took hit a Republic soldier, usually somewhere in the head. Unfortunately, while he was taking out quite a bit of the Republic soldiers, his deadly accurate shooting was starting to attract some attention. After yet another successful shot, Valthir looked over the edge of the barrier he was sharing with Beta and saw both of the MGs swiveling to point their way.

With a little bit of foresight, he turned and hit Beta, “Move! Now!”

Instantly, Valthir started moving, in a sort of crouching run, to safety behind another barricade. Beta, however, was not so quick. He had apparently not heard Valthir’s warning, but felt the hit, which was probably what saved him. Luckily, Beta was just quick enough and made it to the next barricade without any injury. 

Between the sounds of shots being fired and shouts ringing out, Valthir heard the heavy thumps of retreating feet. Turning, he watched three Raiders troopers leave.

Must be RK, Brightstar, and Karash. Wonder where they’re going.

“Beta. Where are they going?” Valthir queried.

“Who? Oh, they’re going to find Havock. She got into a mess and apparently needs some help.” Beta replied.

“And I’m assuming we’re supposed to stay here and continue to help Eclipse?”

Beta nodded, turning back to the battle. Shrugging, Valthir followed suit. Lining up a shot, he took it, slamming a slug into the right temple of the Republic soldier. The soldier, who was in the process of squeezing the trigger, fell to the side, still clutching the trigger. The MG, still shooting, began to turn around, carried by the weight of the dead soldier. Slowly, the hail of bullets cut a path of death in the oblivious ranks of the soldiers who were manning the other MG, so focused on their tasks that they did not notice. Eventually they did notice and while only a few of the soldiers had been killed by the errant MG, the other MG had been put out of action temporarily, perhaps even permanently.

With a whoop of victory, Valthir turned and focused on the single remaining MG, as did the rest of Raiders.
TRP/PSC Valthir/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

[This message has been edited by Valthir (edited January 3, 2011 11:46:18 AM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1114
Total Posts:  2413
January 3, 2011 5:01:43 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"Name and rank trooper!"

Havock rolled her eyes again. The command center was incredibly bright compared to the mine she had just been in. She noticed a narrow passage similar to the one RAIDERS had gone through earlier. She thought it would lead somewhere behind the enemy, give her and the ARC trooper with her a better firing position. Instead they had stumbled to a passage that opened up in the assembly area of the Republic base.

The central command war room was a insane flurry of motion. Havock glanced at everyone as they swirled by trying to keep her eyes off the angry commander in front of her. She hadn't caught his name during his blustering in her general direction. Two oversized men in uniform kept her arms pinned to her back while she endured the sour breathed fool.

"I asked you a question. Name and rank."

Havock smirked at his persistence. He had no idea the level of stubbornness he was dealing with. The situation had gotten on his last nerve though, he roughly grabbed her jaw and pushed her backwards hard against the shoulders of the other men.

"I am tired of this game, you are in some kind of command position or you wouldn't have been on your own."

Havock tilted her head to one side. "Well by that logic you must not brush your teeth, or your breath wouldn't smell so bad."

That did it, she knew it was coming but that didn't make the sting any less painful as his fist connected with her cheek. She spit some blood on the pristine floor and chuckled as she slowly raised her eyes back up to meet his.

"Enough, take her to a holding room."

The needle nosed man to her right cleared his throat. "But sir, shouldn't we just kill her?"

The commander stepped closer and examined Havock closely. "We will in a while but I think perhaps Viper may be able to persuade her to tell us about her little band of trespassers. Have fun little girl."

She smiled sweetly and kicked him in the groin with her knee as hard as she could manage. The two men yanked her quickly away from the doubled over cursing commander.
Ayme 'Havock' Katash
1st Lieutenant || WILDCARD Platoon Commander|| RAIDERS Squad Leader || Osk Freelancer || Development Staff
PC||'1LT HAVOCK||1PLT||1COM||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-1] [BC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [ESC09]
FRL||PRT HAVOCK||Eyesore||Charlotte||Osk Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRN||INI HAVOCK||Lopen||VEDJ

Certified Vehicle Crewman
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  137
January 3, 2011 5:53:54 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

Well, it could be going better Balac thought.

Skarr had relayed their request to Havock and were waiting for some help or distraction to get over the barricade and start moving into thte Republic base.

"Oh, wonderful.." Skarr said suddenly.

"What?" Eclipse asked in unison.

Skarr had kept his com open to Havock to keep updated on what she was doing.

"Havock's gotten into a bit of a mess," Skarr announed. "RK, Brightstar, and Karash are going to find her, she may have been captured. That leaves Beta, Abalar, Valthir and Grahim covering us."

Hnh, captured... Balac thought. If she was, I feel sorry for the unlucky di'kut that tried grabbing her first.

Still watching the MG crews to find either a chance to get over or take them out, he saw a wonderous spray of blood as one of the crew, the one firing the gun, took a round through the head.

Nice... Balac thought.

The gunner slumped to the side, still holding the trigger, and the gun turned towards another crew, taking down a few of them before the rest of the crew managed to take the gun out of the dead man's grip.

"Alright, there's our chance! ARCs, cover us!" ordered Skarr. The ARCs and Eclipse stood and took aim at the crew whose gunner was shot and proceeded to take them down. Bullets riddled the Republic troopsas they tried to get cover. The crew that managed to get in the way of their guns was nowhere in sight.

"They may be waiting for us or they may have fallen back, be careful, now, GO GO GO" Skarr ordered.

Under the cover of the ARCs, Eclipse leapt over the barricade and settled inside the emplacement they had been using for cover on the other side of the barricade. Checking for any Republic troops that may have been in the immeadiate firing zone, Skarr waved the ARCs over.

"Ok, there's one gun left. If they're smart, they'll be trying to guard it against any attack. That may be where the other crew has gone. We're in line of sight of that gun if we stand so we'll need to get their heads down if we're to move. We're also still open to fire from the base if they choose to try." Skarr told them.

"How are our guardian angels doing, sir?" Balac asked.

"Beta! Report!" Skarr ordered.

"Yes sir, there's about... ten troops in the last emplacement. We'll get them to duck if we need to. Just give the signal." Beta replied.

"Right, any of you hit?" Skarr asked.

"No sir." replied Beta.

"Ok, good. Get ready, we're going to move closer if we can. Keep an eye on the base and let us know if they're showing any sign of fighting us out here. Ok... on my mark, fire. One, two... Mark!" Skarr ordered.

There was a blaze of fire from RAIDERS. Eclipse and the ARCs moved to the next emplacement.

"Ok, so far so good." said Skarr. "Now to finish this and get inside the base.

Balac smiled to himself at the chance to take a world from the Republic, instead of helping them keep one, as he used to do.

TRP/PSC Balac/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Pirunir sur'haaise!
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  239
January 3, 2011 10:39:49 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The last four RAIDERS were still firing at the few remaining members behind the barricades that the republic troopers had set up prior to them getting there. The turret on the right side hadn’t been manned in a while so they assumed that the only remaining troopers were by the left side emplacement.

“It appears that there is only one trooper left in the proximity of the barricades,” mentioned the sharp-eyed Valthir.

“I’ll get him, stay here until I say it’s clear,” Beta told the three RAIDERS still at the ledge. And with that he jumped off the ledge when the MG was pointed towards Eclipse and used his right hand and foot to keep balance as he slid down the steep slope. Beta hit the bottom of the slope, stumbled, but used his hand to keep from falling over. He slid towards the barricade, positioned himself with his back to it and raised his gun and fired off his clip blindly at the last remaining republic trooper. He checked the other side of the barricade and he had killed the last trooper behind it.

“You’re clear to come down now,” Beta said to the RAIDERS, “same to you Eclipse.” The rest of RAIDERS slid down the slope the same way he had and Eclipse ran out from the lower path.

“So what now chief?” Balac asked Skarr.

“I suggest that we go inside the republic base and wait for the others there,” Skarr replied, “I’ll lead the way to make sure that there won’t be any problems.” Skarr then walked up to the barrier and let out a well placed kick at a bullet hole filled spot and it fell over backwards. They started to one by one go through the gap in the barrier until they were all on the other side.

“Door is locked,” the ARC said after taking a quick look at the access pad to the side of it.

“Valthir come here,” Skarr commanded, “I need you to open this door for us to get into the base,” he then turned around, “everyone else can keep an eye out for any more miners or republic troopers, if seen they should be killed. If not, just find something to do to keep yourselves… occupied.” Instantly after that Beta took an immediate interest in the MGs that had previously been shooting at them. He walked up to one and examined it closely.

Nice machine guns they have here, has quite a few rounds left, probably lethal at a few thousand feet, fully automatic and… Beta then pulled on the gun and it easily broke off of its mount, …it’s weakly mounted. It was medium weight and weighed around fifty pounds so it wasn’t much of a problem for Beta to lift. I guess I can use this for a bit.

“And here we go…” He heard Valthir say, almost excitedly, and the whole group turned to see what was going on. There was the sound of hydraulics, gears grinding, and the two halves of the door started slowly moving apart. As the doors finished opening there was a loud clang and the both the squads could hear the sound reverberating off the walls inside the large hallway inside.

“Okay, let’s go.” Skarr said, sounding a bit nervous, as he led the squads into the dark room.

“I think that we should wait he-“ Beta started to say when he was cut off by the sound of the metal clanging of the door closing behind them. The room went completely dark just then and as the troopers started to turn their light on they were ambushed by a large amount of republic troopers.

OOC:
Remember these important details

RK and his group are not with us

There are alot of republic troopers (they just keep respawning basicly)

We aren't getting captured

These troopers are in their own element so the fight is going to last a long time
PFC Beta40

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  783
Total Posts:  823
January 3, 2011 11:49:20 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK panted as he slowed down to a halt. They had been running down the path Havock had taken for what seemed like hours and they weren’t getting anywhere. He kept thinking he saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but every time he thought they were on top of it, it disappeared.  He was starting to think this mission seemed hopeless, yet for all that was sacred he had to find the leader.

“Beta come in, you there?” RK had calmed down a while ago; his blood had finally started flowing. Bright had everything to do with that, something about her was extremely charming and he couldn’t figure out what, and every time he tried to concentrate on what he was doing she would flood his thoughts.

“Yea, I’m here boss! Though we have a slight problem, we got past the first wave of troops, but when we tried to advance we got ourselves cornered.” Beta seemed calm for what RK had just told him, at least that was a good sign that this was the right decision.
“Stay alive then! We should be….”

“RK, do you hear that?” Karash’s voice chimed in as RK relayed his final message to Beta, but it wasn’t Karash’s voice that cut him short. It was a feignt voice just beyond the crystal wall.

“Yea, I here it, we must be getting close.” RK paused to think for a second, he was tired and worn out. The wound on his shoulder was bothering him like crazy, Karash had tried to make them stop and pull the slug out, occasionally Bright would plead along. As much as he wanted the thing out of his arm, he knew that there was more matters to attend to, and that if HAvvie had been captured and not killed she might end up dead anyway. Time was of the essence. “Beta, you still there, we are close to the base, as far as we know, we hear voices. Hang tight, we will update you in a little bit.”

“Will do! Hanging onto my gun for dear life!”

“As for us, we need to figure out what we are going to do about getting our hind ends into that base without getting our heads blown off.” RK sighed under his breath. He looked around the cavern at Karash, then Bright. Now he had to think of a plan, this was the hard part. He plopped down where he was standing and set his gun beside him, then he eased his helmet off and placed it next to his gun. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and then looked up at Karash. “How fast can you pull this thing out of me without infection?”

Karash seemed to stare at RK for an eternity before he replied. “depends on whther you want your arm with feeling o without.”

“Preferably with.”

“RK, you sure you want to do this?” Bright asked from beside him, her voice filled with worry. She was trying to hide it, and regardless of the feature on here helmet to make her sound mono, he could hear it. It brought a smile to his face.

“Yes, I’m no good if this thing get’s infected and it’s been bothering me since the adrenaline started slowing down.” RK grinned, then continued “…sides every rescue needs a break, Havock would understand.”

Karash was already knelt down beside RK. He had removed his helmet, probably to get a better look at the wound. RK turned away, he hated seeing his own blood.Yet, he knew it was inevitable. “Alright, I’m only going to say this once, we have no time for sedative, so the pain your feeling now will be ten time worse. You can always turn back now, I will burn your papers and forget you ever asked for the operation…..” Karash smirked, something was turning in his head. “…or Bright here can hold your hand. Your choice.”

A grin spread across RK’s face, and he could have sworn he felt himself blush. “Brigh..” but he was already a second behind her. She was kneeling down beside him, reaching out for his hand. Her red hair flowing again, highlighting her deep violet eyes. RK smiled at her and put his hand in her, ironically he felt this should be the other way around, but it didn’t matter now.

“Okay then one, two, three, push!” Karash began laughing, until  RK gave him a stare of death. “Just kidding, in all seriouslness here we go.” Instantly RK felt the pain, Karash stuck some sort of metal device into his shoulder, it was cold and painful all in one. He gritted his teeth and squeezed Brights hand as hard as he could. Karash wasn’t to far off… RK thought grimly as he tried to hold back a scream.

The next few moments were torture, that was until the feint clink of a slug being dropped on the crystal floor was heard. It was out, but the pain wasn’t over yet. RK gritted as hard as he could, and could feel himself squeezing even harder. He looked over at Bright twice, and could see her smile, it helped but he knew she was in pain, her hand had to be killing her. It’s Robotic…. The last thing on her mind is the pain your causing.The realization hit him and he looked at her again, she winked knowing he realized it. “Your tough.”

“Comes from being part droid, later on I’ll show you how fast I can mix up a drink. It’s pretty impressive” Bright said, a sly grin crossing her lips.

“Is that an invitaAAAAA!” RK yelled as he felt his skin being pulled together with the string that Karash was using to stitch up the gaping wound. He hadn’t even realized he had started, but he felt the ending.

“Wow, you would have thought you were giving birth!” Karash said saracastically as he dressed the wound. “Regardless, I’m all done. Does this mean we can move on?”

RK stopped squeezing Brights hand and used his hand to rub his shoulder, it wasn’t brand new, but at least it wasn’t bothering him. “Yea and I think I know exactly how we are going to get in there, here’s the plan.” RK winked at Bright as he began to etch into the crystal with his knife. He would have to grab her a crystal before they left the cave, she deserved it.
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  240
January 4, 2011 12:51:01 AM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Apparently RK is still alive out there,” Beta said after he switched his com channel from talking to RK back to talking with the group he was currently in, “Now we just need to figure out a way to stay alive in here!”

“Here, check this out!” was the last thing he heard from someone in the back corner of the room before he looked and saw the last remaining ARC trooper flip a large thick metal table on its side and start to open fire on the republic troopers that were cornering them. As soon as this happened everyone else went loud cause all hell to break loose.

“Frak! Tell me before you get us into a fight next time!” Beta yelled into the mic before getting into cover. He tossed the MG over the table before jumping over himself. As he went over the table a bullet from an enemy weapon got a glancing blow on Beta’s left arm causing the plating that was protecting it to shear off and show the area where the flesh meets the cybernetics on it. Before long everyone was taking cover behind the table. Their makeshift barricade was holding up quite well as it was probably around the same quality as bullet proof plating.

“RK, we won’t be able to have any contact with you for a while. The situation may have… well… let’s say escalated at bit.” Beta finished his sentence then closed the channel to RK before he could have responded.

“Does anyone have any idea on how the hell we are going to be able to get out of this mess?” Skarr inquired to the rest of the group. Beta then decided to try and find one. He put the MG down and took out his rifle. He turned the light on and scanned the entire room, flinching every time a bullet hit the barricade in front of him or the wall behind him. The only thing in the entire metal encased room that he could find instead of wall was the door that they had just previously come in from.

“This whole frakking place is a trap!” Beta yelled over the bullet fire so that Skarr could hear him on the com.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean they tricked us!”

“Just get to the point!”

“I mean they tricked us by heavily guarding a door to get to a booby trapped room so that they could ambush us and in the end terminate us! And we fell for it!”

“I guess we’ll just have to shoot are way out like usual.” Valthir put in.

“I guess so.” Skarr finished then got back to the shooting. Beta strapped the rifle to his back again and pulled out his MG that he had picked up on the way. He placed the barrel on the top of the table, put his head by the butt so he could look down the sights and continued to shoot down republic troopers.
PFC Beta40

Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1607
Total Posts:  2873
January 4, 2011 11:33:28 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
marked
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Karash
ComNet Cadet

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  242
Total Posts:  425
January 4, 2011 2:19:25 PM    View the profile of Karash 
OOC:
RAIDERS

‘Why does anybody in a position of command in this squad have to constantly get shot, hit or kidnapped?’ As Karash sat, finishing up the job of sewing up the hole that the bullet had left in RK, his mind began to wander just as it always did. ‘Not to mention the amnesiac over there’, shooting a glance at Brightstar the medic had to stop himself from laughing once again. ‘Why are they holding hands? It can’t possibly hurt that much but then again earlier on... surely they would not... Bright has seen how Hav fawns about the place like a lost puppy, surely she...'

“...here’s the plan.” The ASL continued to speak but Karash was not listening.

‘Was that a wink? I know people adore you but not usually that much, it must have been directed at stable Mable’, once again Karash looked up at the two; RK was still outlining the plan and Bright was watching him intently. ‘Just brilliant, all I need is another pair of doe eyed morons that spend more time thinking about each other than what they are actually doing. Of course it is all Havock’s fault, she set thing trend’.         

“That’s my part, you two will...” Once again the ASL began to rattle off orders, though still looking at Bright.

“Yes don’t mind me.” Karash could not stop himself and by the time he tried it was too late.

Luckily for him the other two were too busy with what they were doing to pay any attention to the disgruntled medic. ‘This plan will never work, we’ll all get captured and have to rely on Beta to get us out... I wonder what it will be like being dead... can’t be any worse than having to up with loves young dream over here.’ Rolling his eyes, something caught Karash’s attention.

“...that’s where you come in Karash, got it.” RK had a grin on his face but did not wait to see Karash’s reaction.

“That’s fine... wait no it isn’t!” The medic suddenly wished he had been listening to the full plan.

Brightstar nudged Karash and gestured for him to keep moving, which he had no choice but to follow. ‘Just brilliant!’
[TRP/SGT_Karash/2SQD/1PgLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2][DOH][BoT][EW2][ES1]
[This message has been edited by Karash (edited January 4, 2011 2:20:07 PM)]
Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  599
Total Posts:  818
January 4, 2011 3:35:53 PM    View the profile of Corvin 
OOC:
Blackjack

Fewer than ten seconds after the last body hit the ground, things started to go wrong again. Corvin was wiping a streak of blood from his face when his ear-mounted com crackled to life.

"Sergeant ...in, Gates, damn you!" the Gryphon sergeant snapped into the Blackjack channel, unaware or uncaring that she'd patched into the squad frequency. The transmission was patchy at best, with constant background static, and pops from nearby weapons fire.

"I'm here." Gates replied. "What's the situation?"

"We're into the second...definitely have their attention, Sergeant! Had to dismount... Gris ...too, and we're cut off from..."

The transmission devolved into a doppler whine, then closed.

"Get back on those bikes, doubletime!" Garryll ordered, slinging his slug rifle back over one shoulder. The chattering of high-caliber slug weapons echoed across the plain, along with more distant roars of cannons from the main battle.

Corvin sprinted back to his speeder, scavenged slug clips clacking against his legplate as he ran, and spat out a mouthful of crystal dust as he clambered on. The dust was everywhere, glinting on the plains, scratching lines into armour plates and getting into holsters and bodygloves. Corvin suspected that he'd be hacking it back up for months to come.

"Come on, Blackjacks." Garryll barked. "Time to clean up the Gryphons' mess."

With that, the squad leader slammed down on the accelerator, his bike shooting out of the trench system. The rest of the squad followed, spreading out into a V-formation with Garryll at its head.

Near the middle of the squad, Corvin struggled to keep his head straight. Dust caught up by the formations' repulsors was flying around him, getting into his eyes and mouth. Corvin swore silently, ducking his head as much as he could and still fly. He wished he'd slipped on the back-up goggles in his kit; peripheral vision wasn't worth a crash.

"There!" Saphira called. "The middle of the line!"

Jerking his head up, Corvin glanced to the left. Sure enough, there were regular flashes and figures along that section. Scattered around it were half a dozen bikes, several belching clouds of black smoke. There was a bright flash, and bodies flew through the air as a grenade went off.

"Turn!" Garryll yelled, and Corvin jerked the handlebars to the left. The bikes arced, and the Blackjacks flew towards the fight.

The only warning the squads had was a momentary whine. A blue-white streak slammed into the plain to one side of the squad, sending the bikes spinning in all directions.

"Concussion rifles!" a Blackjack called. His ears ringing, Corvin couldn't make out who it was.

"Down! Into the trenches!" Garryll yelled. Corvin cut the power just as he reached the line, and his bike scraped over the edge, coming to a precarious stop on the other side. Another concussion blast detonated nearby.

Corvin rolled off his seat before his speeder's engine shut down, snatching his carbine as he dropped into the trench. As he landed, slugs started to ping off his bike, holing the seat and deforming the handlebars.

Corvin brought his weapon up, and fired a burst blindly down the trench as he looked up. Someone gurgled incoherently, and there was the clatter of a dropped rifle.

There were six Republic troopers in the trench, one of whom was now collapsing while clutching his gut, as well as two of the Sidewinders, their criss-cross shoulder markings standing out against the trench. Khaki-clad bodies piled around the two suggested that they'd been busy. Another Sidewinder was slumped half-out of the the trench, crushed to pulp under his bike.

Corvin took all this in in the moment before three of the Republics opened up on him, muzzles flashing in the gloom. Corvin threw himself to the ground as the shots whizzed by, one coming close enough to jerk his headset loose. It dropped with a clatter, the mount ruined.

The comlink buzzed as Corvin raised his weapon and fired again, the sound of the Republics' volley still ringing in his ears. The rifle jerked, and another Republic fell with his face a ruin.

By then, the other Republics had adjusted their aim, and Corvin found himself looking down a pair of rifle barrels. He started to squeeze the trigger again, knowing he wouldn't get the shot off before they did.

There was a rapid burst of slugfire, the noise briefly deafening Corvin, and the two troopers collapsed in bloody ruins. A second volley sent the other Republics sprawling.

Bloodied, and with one helmet eyepiece shattered, Garryll Gates strode down the trench. There was a battered concussion rifle in his left hand. Striker shadowed him with her strange knives drawn. Corvin absently noted the fresh stains on the blade edges.

"You two." Garryll snapped. "Now that that's over with, where're your Sergeant and the Gryphons?"
ETRP/CPL Corvin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[ESC09][AoT][IH][HotC]
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"The Committee has also voted to change the name of the position, simply because no one liked the fact that its accronym spelled out Noo. "
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 4, 2011 3:39:29 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 4, 2011 8:53:43 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 10, 2011 8:12:47 AM)]
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

Post Number:  13
January 4, 2011 5:23:09 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

They had finally taken out all the troops at the barricade and were entering the base. Shortly after the doors closed behind them, they were almost surrounded by Republic troops.

"Osik!" Balac said.

"Apparently RK is still alive out there," Beta announced over the com, "Now we just need to figure out a way to stay alive in here!"

"Here, check this out!" said the last ARC trooper with them. Balac turned and saw the trooper flip a large metal table, so the top would provide cover against the Republic troops, then he opened fire.

"Frak! Tell me before you get us into a fight next time!" Beta yelled.

"Oya!" shouted Balac.

So close to victory... now everything was shu'shuk. If I'm to die today, by manda it'll be a good fight. Balac thought.

They were all slightly crammed behind the large table, it was holding so far, but the Republic had the numbers on their side.

The four troops of Eclipse, four troopers from RAIDERS and an ARC were holding back the wave of Republic troops.

He was aware of Skarr and Beta conversing, but he wasn't paying attention as he focused on the Republic troops.

Hope this table holds.. Balac thought.

"How long do you think this table will hold Skarr?" Balac asked.

"Hopefully long enough!" he replied.

Balac's laughter could be heard over the din of the gunfire as the troopers took down Republic troops.

"Slana'pir!" Balac shouted at the NR troops as he reloaded.

Looking around the side of the table he threw his empty clip shouting, "Sooran, shab!"

He could hear shouts from the other troopers as they reported: a Republic troop down here, another down there, more entering, more falling.

Bloody wonderful trap Balac thought, cut us off in here, and then reinforce through the only way out. A beautiful plan...

"How much ammo do we have left?" Balac asked.

Pirunir sur'haaise!
Skarr
ComNet Member

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  377
Total Posts:  2102
January 4, 2011 6:03:08 PM    View the profile of Skarr 
OOC:
Eclipse Squad

Bullets flew from the doorway in a storm. Skarr crouched behind the table reloading his next to last clip. The rest of his squad was crouched behind him, guns unloading into the Republic troops. How the hell did we fall for this? He did not know how, nor did he care at the moment. The soldiers at the door did not care, either. They only wanted the quickest death or capture of the Vast Imperial Troops.

The young Sergeant would not let that happen to his squad or his former squad, either. They were required to do this mission and Skarr would complete it. He didn’t like things unfinished and this mission was one of them. He knew he could not do that with a hole in his head. He loved fighting, but this situation was too much for him. The area wasn’t open enough. Skarr felt trapped and cornered. But it was his experience that cornered animals bite the hardest.

Skarr began patting himself down, looking for something amongst all the weaponry he brought with him. Grenades would not work, it could kill them all. He didn’t want to chance the hold-out blaster he had smuggled onto the mission with him. It would not do to use his last resort. The explosive rounds would kill everyone in the room as well. For once, Skarr felt almost complete despair. He had no way out. All he could hope for now, was either the cavalry to arrive or the Republic troops to run out. And the latter did not seem to be happening.
SL/SGT Skarr/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] {RES}
Author/WS Skarr/Lotaith/VET/VE
AS-2/SGT Skarr/STCA/VEA/VE

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" The Inferno, Canto III, Line 9
"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" General George Patton
"I only get paid if I survive, and I like getting paid."
Nitemare
ComNet n00b

Nitemare

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  15
January 4, 2011 9:26:21 PM    View the profile of Nitemare 
Seeing as Skarr was figiting in his pockets nitemare remembered her smoke grenades she secretly smuggled with her, walking in a crouched position she slowly made her way to him "Sir, I have a few smoke grenades if you think it'll work.." she began to say "to smoke them out" she looked at the rest of the unit as she talked again in more of a whisper "I don't know about you, but this situation needs a drastic change and I can lob these babies into their path so we can try and get the advantage"

waiting for the unit to try and chime in on the idea she fell silent while firing her E-11 at the rebel forces "Damn republic bastards, don't know when to give up.." she said to herself "gotta give 'em cred though, their alot like us...just different"
Like a child you whisper softly to me, your in control..just like a child,  now i'm dancing, its like a dream no end and no beginning, your here with me....In the midnight hour I can feel your power!

Annoy me and die
Irritate me and suffer
Anger me and scream in pain
Try and gain control and I will castrate you with my blade

[This message has been edited by Nitemare (edited January 4, 2011 9:27:27 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1434
Total Posts:  2159
January 5, 2011 9:35:46 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

The two Sidewinder scouts looked shell-shocked at best. “Uh, I have no idea where Sergeant Gris and them went,” said the first.

“No, they went down the trench; we came from, that way? Right?” the other said, posing his statement almost as a question.

“They’re useless,” Gates muttered to himself. He pulled his battered, useless helmet off by the shattered eye piece; head protection wasn’t worth anything if you couldn’t see or hear the threat to you in the first place. He rummaged in his pack for a minute and pulled out a pair of shooter’s glasses, designed to have a low-tech HUD and keep you from being blinded by muzzle flash. He slipped a comlink bead into his ear and then gave his orders.

“Looks like these guys are messed up good,” he said, drawing both Sidewinders’ gaze to him. He stared back, the reflective lenses of his glasses as blank as his Stormtrooper’s T-visor. “So Tanus, Madman and Jelly will take this guy and go down that way-” Gates pointed down the trench the way that the second Sidewinder had pointed, and had grouped them with the first Sidewinder who’d spoken. “Myself, Corvin and Striker will take the main road.”

The ASL raised an eyebrow, and Gates answered the unspoken question of why?. “I want a close-range specialist in both parties, and I’m confident in both your command abilities, but you’ve had more experience with broken parties. I want someone I can count on if the Griffons and rest of Sidewinder are shot to hell and their commanders are gone.”

Tanus nodded and led his team down the trench. Gates nodded forwards, rifle slung and recovered concussion rifle in his hands. One of the New Republic soldiers, dead in a pool of his own blood, had his hands still wrapped around a concussion rifle, and Gates bent over and rifled through the man’s pockets and pack; he found a few more charges for the rifle, but not enough to really last an extended firefight.

“Let’s go,” Gates said, and motioned Saphira to the point position. She nodded and sheathed one of her knives in exchange for a pistol, and held the knife in her off-hand, arm tucked beneath her handgun in the other, to help aim and give her knife an easy slash or stab.

Gates followed, concussion rifle in hand, but he unbuttoned the holster for his handgun, an extremely unsubtle M4 “Bullstomper” .45 cal pistol. After all, his ASL would likely be displeased if he accidentally used the concussion rifle on the back of her head in a close-range firefight.

The Sidewinder was third in line, standard-issue rifle battered but still serviceable. His Scout’s helmet and armor weren’t as good as the Wildcard SCOPE-issue, and he wasn’t as experienced nor as well-trained as them. On top of that, he’d been thrown into the teeth of a firefight without warning recently, and Gates wasn’t too keen on his mental state.

Corvin was on their six, rifle sweeping constantly, steady and sure that nothing would sneak up on them. He was usually Gates’ pointman of choice, but he was adept at not getting killed and was a good trooper.

“Shout if you see anything,” Gates said quietly, though there was really no need. The constant gunfire and explosions of the battle drowned out most noise, and what was loud enough to hear was usually a lot more dangerous than orders.

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
For Tadath, for the Empire.
Only in Death...does Duty end
Do not ask why you serve; only ask how
War is coming, with all its glory and all its horror
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  786
January 5, 2011 11:00:53 AM    View the profile of RK 
The plan was simple, he needed to enter the base steal some rebel clothing, maybe kill a few while he was there and then get out without being detected. Yet, there was one problem, RK hated sneaking around. If he had any choice in the matter he would just bust in here and blow the place to smitherines, but if he did that Havock would be dead, and having to answer to high command about why he killed his superior wasn’t on his to do list.

He had left his armor behind to try not to draw to much attention to himself, but what he had underneath might as well mean he was naked. They always told me to wear a shirt underneath my armor, but I never listened The base was cold and he could feel I onhis skin, he just hoped that someone else was walking around without a shirt on, or else he may be asked questions.

“You!!!! We’ve been looking all over for you!” A voice called behind RK, he intatnly panicked and turned around and swung at the guy, hitting him square in the face. “What the heck, wait minute your no….” Before the guy could finish RK hit him again, knocking him unconscious this time. Well, there goes the element of surprise. He searched the mans body as fast as he could, finally finding a radio and ID card. One way or the other he was
going to get another outfit.

“Come in this is Walter, I need backup, and there is an intruder.” RK  barked through the comm., hoping someone would believe the silly lie.

“Walter, what  section are you in?” Crap. He didn’t know where the heck he was at.

“I’m by the entrance to the Crystal mines.” Seemed like as good of a location as any, and if he blew his chances then at least he’d have one set of rebel clothes to take Karash and Bright as prisoners.

“On our way!” He could hear the sounds off footsteps in the corridor, he didn’t know how long it would be till they were on top of him, but he had to act fast. He pulled the unconscious man’s body into the nearest doorway, using the ID to get in, luckily this man had clearance. Once inside he started ripping the man’s clothing off and putting it over top of his. With any luck once he left the comfort of this new found hideout the men outside would think he was just another one of the guys.

“Walter!, where you at?” The man on the other end barked.
RK stepped out into the open corridor complete with Rebel trapping, even a special hat. “Right here.”

“You said you were cornered….” The realization began to hit the man. Rebels aren’t as dumbas they look. RK thought as a grin spread on his face.

“Well, he was, but seeing as there’s only two of you.” Rk looked up and the men’s faces drained. Why were they scared he was the one outnumbered, but if either of them sounded an alarm the plan would fial, and HAvock would die.

“Th….” The man barely got out a syllable as RK socked him in the mouth, the other guy was fast at work fumbling for his radio. Why didn’t they just shoot him?

He roundhouse kicked the first guy again in the face, and as he came down used the force and momentum to swing up at the second guy, both dropped with a thump to the ground. That was too easy.
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
Karash
ComNet Cadet

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  243
Total Posts:  425
January 6, 2011 5:40:30 PM    View the profile of Karash 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Why the hell is he taking so long?” Karash asked half rhetorically.

“Just calm down and be patient, he will be back any minute.” Brightstar had been staring into the distance ever since RK had left.

“You do realise he has probably been captured along with our other leader, what a pair they are... either that or they’re dead...”

“Just shut-up!” This time Bright scowled down at Karash before turning back to her former position

The medic also turned so his back was towards and scowled in the opposite direction, ‘Who does she think she is? I was just trying to make polite conversation and she overreacts, then again she has had her own trouble lately... but there was no need to talk to you like that.’ Karash ended his inner rant with a self satisfying nod. Suddenly there were footsteps making their way towards the two troopers, both of whom raised their weapons and ordered the figure to identify itself immediately.

“It’s fine, it’s me.” The obvious tone of RK filled the silence.

Bright began to rush towards RK but appeared to stop herself and instead said, “Did you get everything?”

“Well if he hasn’t, he has found time to enrol at the Rebel academy and graduate.” Karash could see Bright getting visibly angrier with him so he moved away from her, at least out of hitting distance.

As the two continued to discuss what was going to happen Karash drifted off into his own thoughts, ‘Why do they always react that way to what I say? They never pay attention and when they do is to rebuff or shout at me but the greats are never appreciated.’ His trail of thought was once again interrupted as someone grabbed his arms.

“I am going to enjoy this.” RK spoke with a smirk growing on his face.

“Wait... I never agreed to actually... oh just great.” Any remnant of pride that Karash had was slowly leaving him. 

The medic had been handcuffed and was being lead back to the rebel base by the two newest rebel recruits. He only hoped that Havock was still alive because if she was not, then he had been treated like a common criminal for no reason.
[TRP/SGT_Karash/2SQD/1PgLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2][DOH][BoT][EW2][ES1]
[This message has been edited by Karash (edited January 6, 2011 5:41:42 PM)]
Madman
ComNet Initiate

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  119
Total Posts:  119
January 6, 2011 11:25:25 PM    View the profile of Madman 
OOC:
Blackjack

“Kill or be killed, just the way I like it.” Madman exhaled rather calmly, he didn't join the military just so he could sit around and live, life offered him little if he wasn't fighting tooth and nail in the thick of hostile and potentially lethal situations. Jellybean, which the two had some knowledge of one another, was probably not so keen on coming back out looking like some festive cheese, much less in a casket. “Take it easy, Madman. Their on the run, we got them where we want them.” JB would try to convince but Madman would return with a quip “Animals are most dangerous when they are cornered – but this is a trench not a corner. We gotta move quick, but not too quick, right?” The group would come to a decision “Scouttrooper, scout ahead, keep a sharp eye out and if you see anything up, get back here stat.” Madman would bark out, he wasn't a leader here, by rank or by choice, but he figured if he was wrong, one of them would speak up.

All this looking around is making me hungry. Sure could go for a bantha steak, rare, damn dead republic troops making me lose focus and on an empty stomach. I wonder what- Madman's monologue became interrupted as a sudden hail of potshots peppered forth at the scout who hurried back “They set proximity charges and are holing themselves up about 15 meters ahead of us. We push forward, we're going to be some messy pin cushions. Appeared to be improvised though.” Suddenly the humm of the swoops began to one after another hiss to a halt.

“Madman and I will disable these charges, once we do, we'll saddle up and rush them. We better hurry before they plant anymore traps or escape even.” Quickly the pair embarked, quickly disabling the simple boobytraps before the troops on standby cam rolling in. They were outnumbered but as the enemy came into clearence, some appeared to be finishing some on-site first aid with a relatively bare patch of mostly stone blocking their way. Madman grinned underneath his visor “Oh this should be good.” He would begin to scoop up a launcher, to break their ranks with rapid AoE damage as Jellybean and Tanus harassed the enemy, driving them into cover.

Madman didn't get the chance, as a melee specialist clinging to the wall with camoflage jumped down and tackled the troopers off the Swoop, sending them over and tumbling as the Swoop hit a copiously sloped rock and colided with the wall, exploding and hitting more vulnerable rebel troops with scorching hot shrapnel – mostly fatal. The scout trooper suffered a mild concussion and the world spun around them as the lay with the wind knocked out of him, Madman barely avoided a similar injury, unlike his attacker which used his soft, yet, armored body as a cushion. He couldn't breath with the breath knocked out of him and all however he did manage to avoid a razor sharp vibroknife to the face as it dug into the hard soil and stone of the trench as he'd but his head to the bridge of the rebel's nose, drawing first blood.

“You alright Maddy? If we stop maneuvering to help you, they'll be on us like stink on bantha-” Jellybean would ask Madman as a sharp cough with hoarse breathing attached would interrupt “Yeah, yeah, let me handle this stabby guy, and I'll have heavy suppression fire on the enemy.” He'd finish as he managed to free his right hand, bringing it around and hooking the soldier in a jaw.

Ah...I love this job, and even hate it sometimes too. Nothing like a dysfunctional relationship to get the blood flowing. the estranged soldier amused as he and his attacker grappled, trying to inch the man off of himself, to expose the hilt of his Beidana styled vibrosword which was at his left side. It was a sharp elbow that dislodged him from his side as he managed to roll opposite, pulling the vicious curved weapon and plunging it into his armor, breaking and splitting bone as he pressed it deep into the mans chest, the damage had been done as he turned and grabbed at the weapon which was discarded nearby.

“About time we finished this up, shall we?” Madman quipped as he released a hail of fire to assist in mop up duty.
TRP/SGT Madman/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

IronHorseSquad
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited January 6, 2011 11:26:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited January 6, 2011 11:26:56 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  788
January 7, 2011 12:54:31 AM    View the profile of RK 
A grin spread across RK’s lips as he reentered the cave. His fist was pounding with each heartbeat as he flexed it, never had he been so full of adrenaline to punch a couple rebel scum to oblivion, something was different about him, but he wasn’t able to put his finger on it. Still he liked this new found energy.

“It’s fine, It’s me” RK said as he saw Karash flinch as he returned. He saw Bright run towards him and he smiled, but she stopped short. must be since Karash is here

“Did you get everything?” Bright asked, her eyes beaming with excitement

“If not he found the time to enroll in the Rebel academy and graduate.” Karash grinned. Bright shot him an angry look, RK couldn’t help but slightly snicker and shake his head.

“I’m going to enjoy this.” RK moved towards Karash, the handcuffs dangling from his hand a smirk across his face.

“Wait…I never actually agreed… oh just great.” RK could tell Karash felt like he was being demoted, but in reality his part had to be the most believable, if he didn’t act like a prisoner the guards would get suspicious and they all might end up dead.

RK smiled as he slapped the handcuffs on. “Okay, you sit here and wait.” He chucked some wadded up rebel clothes to Bright, who caught them in one swift motion. She looked at him peculiarly, looked down and walked away to change. RK smiled again, he could have swore he saw her blush, she was tough, but he liked her soft side. “Now you mister criminal, I need you to keep your mouth shut, with the occasional out burst, we need them to believe you’re a criminal.”

“Being with you right now has already prepared me for the role.” Karash said, smiling up at RK, more sarcastically then friendly.

“See, now your getting the hang of it.” RK looked up when he heard a clink on the floor, he looked over to see Bright pulling of her armor plates, he stared at her for a second. She was amazing, he had to admit, she wasn’t ugly, not by any sense of the word. Her call sign fit her perfectly, she was Bright. A Shining star, and he made RK feel things he never though possible. She’s gorgeous, RK admit it, you like her! The realization hit him like a bullet. He saw her look up at him, and he instantly turned away, feeling like a kid who just got caught eating dessert before dinner.

“Alright, almost done, give me a second.” Bright sounded like she was having trouble getting the suit on. RK looked over again, trying to get a glimpse of her before she put the clothes on the rest of the way, she finally got it on and she looked over, RK again turned quickly. “All ready.”

“Alright, let’s do this, we have a SL to save.”  RK clapped his hands together, and picked up his plates he stacked them neatly and pulled a small satchel out of his belt. The other one he threw to Bright. “Put your armor in here, we may not have time to come back and get it.” He looked over at Karash. “You wear your helmet, I’ll put it on.”

“What about our Helmets?” Bright asked, as she stuffed his plates in the bag.

“We will carry them, maybe they do the whole trophy thing.” RK said, giving her a wink.

“Sounds good.” Bright walked over, grabbed Karash and pulled him up. “Okay, let’s go you Di’kut”

RK stared at Bright for a second, then remembered he had used that word quite often back in the day, yet he still asked. “Where did you learn that?”

Bright looked at RK, smiled and let the words touch her lips before saying, “picked it up from you, I believe it’s something you used to call Doc when he was being stupid, isn’t that right?” She then walked past him and headed for the door. RK watched her walk, surprised she remembered the word.

“Well, he would act like a Di’kut often…” He said under his breath, he hurried to catch up. He looked at the crystal wall, smiled to himself and broke a small chunk off, amazed at how he got a nice looking piece. He shoved it in his satchel and hurried after Karash and Bright. It was show time.

[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 7, 2011 12:59:45 AM)]
Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1616
January 7, 2011 10:55:51 AM    View the profile of Raziel 

The Jedi Atreas sat cross legged on the floor of the control room, infuriating the command staff who bustled around him. He did not – could not – register their feelings towards him, or even the audible grumbles about his chosen spot, his mind was elsewhere. Far across the glassy plains on the other side of the battle field he looked out from a position high above the melee below. He found the view both exhilarating and horrifying. The setting sun sent iridescent beams of light shimmering across the surface crystalline plains – a surface covered in blood and smoke. Atreas was doing his part to try and save the lives of his colleagues, but he wasn’t yet prepared to use his recently constructed saber in anger, he had no will to become a battlefield soldier.
    “Damnit, how many men did they get behind our lines?” Commander Anoa screamed across the length of the room to his junior officer.
    “Just a few squads sir, but the men are in real trouble out there,”
    “What about that imperial armor?”
    “That AT-AT’s are still holding position sir, they have ceased firing,”
    “Well at least he’s good for something,” Anoa looked down at the meditating Jedi.

“Can anyone receive me?”
    “I hear you, this is Sergeant Mai, and who am I speaking to?”
    “This is Major Raziel, on the dominion,” he lied. “We lost contact with the front lines what’s the situation down there?”
    “The AT-AT’s have stopped firing, without any covering fire we’re stranded in the open,”
    “We've lost contact with them, hold tight Blackjack is hitting those trenches from behind”
    “If you can send any more reinforcements up the field it would be appreciated,”
    “Don't hold your breath on that one for now, hold on we're picking up approaching vessels!”

The Dark Jedi surveyed the battlefield from his position in on the crystalline ridge. He merely observed as he tried to come to a decision on the best course of action. Behind him an opening led to mines that he knew ran deep beneath the Republic base, in front of him a path wound down to the plains below.
    He could sense the actions of his quarry now, he had already learned much about the man. The Jedi in the base below had worked his way into the minds of the AT-AT crew members; an impressive feat. Yet, instead of turning the great weapons on the imperial troops the Force user had just held the crewmen in a state of suspended conciousness. He sensed a great conflict going on in the Jedi present on the world. The light Force user appeared to have qualms about committing murder that the Sith would not extend in return when they met. With a not inconsiderable amount of effort the Dark Jedi severed the connection, within a few moments the AT-AT's resumed firing and advancing on the Republic base. Soon they would be within reach of the walls.

Atreas stood up rapidly in one fluid motion at the exact some moment as one of the command staff shouted: “The AT-AT's are moving again,”
    Commander Anoa turned to see the Jedi back on his feet. “What happened?” he questioned the Jedi.
    “I'm unsure, everything is hazy right now. Everything is being clouded and I cant work out why, perhaps another force is at work,”
    “Riight, thanks,” The commanded “tutted” in disdain at the Jedi's religious blathering and turned to his staff. “Someone had best give me some good news soon, or we have to consider surrender.”
    “Good news sir?” One of the junior officers shouted excitedly.
    “That is what I said,” Anoa replied, deadpan. The situation here, as well as the perpetually cryptic Jedi were wearing his patience thin.
    “Its the reinforcements sir, they're early. I've got them on the comms sir, the Imperial ships are blocking their path, but as soon as they break through they have six companies of troops to deploy.”
    “You understand if this is a joke I will shoot you right . . .” The junior officer tapped a button on his console and the makeshift command centre was filled with comm chatter. Republic comm chatter.    “Well I'll be, order the retreat from the lines. We need to hold the base until reinforcements can land, the Imperial troops out there will have been informed by now. We have to hold.”
    “We have Imperial troops coming out of the mines sir, we can't hold the outer walls and stop them as well. We don't have the manpower.”
    “I'll do it.” Any command members not immediately busy turned to look at the Jedi. Atreas steeled his gaze at those looking in his direction. He has never used a weapon with any intention of killing before and though he would bury those emotions deep within and utilise all his skills in the battle to come without hesitation, it was the concious decision to get involved in the conflict directly that irked his moral conscience. “I'll stop the troops in the mines, have your men worry about the defences.”
    “Take my personal guard,” Anoa suggested, himself in some disbelief. The reinforcements had arrived and an actual Jedi – a group thought extinct a few years ago - was going to take to the field on their behalf. Perhaps there was hope.

The Dark Jedi stalked through the catacombs deep beneath the surface. Barely a ray of light penetrated this deep down, but his vision was almost a perfunctory sense now; a primitive and limited means of observing the world. He sensed a shift in the mind of his clueless adversary – he was certain that the light Jedi was still unaware of his own presence. They should have taught you more of the Dark boy he thought.
    He hurried his pace along the smooth circular corridor, he had felt out his path before entering the mines and knew he still had a way to go to reach his destination.

OOC:
As we move into the final stages of the battle here is a summary:
The Republic reinforcements have arrived early.
The Republic soldiers are retreating from the trenches to man the bases own defenses.
Raiders because you have done so well this far (and because you're ahead of the other squads slightly) the Jedi is coming down to the mines to deal with you (and eclipse).
I'm going out on a limb here and this is not something that has happened in the VE in memory so please don't make me regret this.
You will not kill or seriously harm the Jedi Despite being recently trained he is capable of vaporising bullets out of the air with his saber, throwing you around like a ragdoll with his mind and rendering you incapacitated with mind tricks. The best you can hope for is to hold him off whilst you retreat back into the mines and play cat and mouse. Reinforcements will arrive on monday to allow you to get past the Jedi.
BlackJack/Wraith you have one objective to complete by monday. There is a hundred metres of flat ground between yourselves and the base so you cannot attack the walls unsupported.
Clear any remaining troops in the trenches (most will retreat under covering fire back to the base)
Let the AT-ATs deal with the bases defences and punch a hole in the wall. Take the breach and get access to the base.

From monday onwards all squads will have one objective. Capture Commander Anoa and force him to surrender the base. Republic reinforcements have arrived early and unless we force surrender asap our chance to take the installation will be lost.
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]

"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

Post Number:  15
January 9, 2011 2:15:02 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

Fierfek Balac thought.

A couple of the troopers ducked down behind the table with mutters of "I'm out."

Balac was on his last clip, and he was sure the rest of the troopers were as well, or out of ammo completely. Skarr ducked down too and gave the same statement. Thinking for sure the Republic troops would approach and take all of the troopers captive, they heard rapid footsteps heading in the direction of the door. Looking over the table Balac was startled, the room was empty and the door ajar.

"Well, did we scare them off?" Balac half-joked to Skarr.

"I don't know, the only other reason I can think of is that the base has recalled them, but that doesn't explain why they just... left." Skarr replied.

"Well, at least we're better off now." said Balac.

"Alright, gather any ammo they dropped, if it fits use it, if not, switch your gun for theirs." Skarr ordered.

The troopers went around, gathering ammo and picking up weapons. Balac could see Beta and the ARC on the other side of the room, from the movements of them both, they were arguing on a private com channel. Finally they separated and gathered up munitions themselves.

"Alright, be careful, they may be waiting for us out there." Skarr told them.

Rearmed, Eclipse took up positions by the door, ready to cover the RAIDERS troops as they edged out the door.

"Clear!" announced Beta.

"Ok, move!" Skarr ordered. Eclipse left their spots by the door and with RAIDERS searched the surrounding area for any hidden troops.

"Ok, let's get to the base." Skarr said.

"We can take the path over there," Beta announced, pointing to the path where RAIDERS had been covering Eclipse.

"Good, let's go." Skarr ordered.

The troops started moving towards the path when they heard footsteps.

"Hold it, get down!" Skarr whispered.

Seven people came from the path heading to the NR base; the leader was a young man wearing robes.

"Kriffing Jetii!" Balac whispered.

The Jedi and troops turned towards the stormtroopers, "There they are!"

Pirunir sur'haaise!
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  244
January 9, 2011 4:56:51 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Looks like we got some more friends with us,” Beta said as he pointed at the seven men that had just entered the cavern, “let’s take ‘em down quickly. Whenever you want Skarr.”

Beta then crouched for support and lined up the iron sights of his previously mounted machine gun at the robed man. He had his finger tightly against the trigger but not enough to launch any bullets at the enemy. A drop of sweat started to roll down under his helmet as he waited for the order to take everyone out. Beta shifted a bit as he changed the aim of his MG to the head of the man.

“Kill ‘em!” Skarr yelled onto his com and a barrage of bullets came from the firearms of RAIDERS and Eclipse. Beta completely lost sight of the enemy so he started to hip fire at their general direction. Skarr put up his hand and the firing stopped quickly. As the smoke cleared they could clearly see a beam of light in the distance. As a bit more of it cleared they could see a pool of blood on the ground with six bodies in it. They looked closer at the beam of light and they could see the man in the robes, now identifiable as a Jedi, standing by the dead troopers.

“Run!” Skarr yelled at the squads. Beta then threw his MG to the ground and franticly tried to find a way out.

“Over here!” He said as he started to climb the ledge he had earlier slid down to eliminate the prior threat of the republic troopers. The rest of them started to also climb as he got to the top he turned around. Beta helped the ARC lead to get onto the ledge and saw the ARC trooper panic and just fire at the Jedi.

“Get out of there!” The ARC lead yelled at his trooper but the trooper just continued to fire at the Jedi that was running strait at him. Any bullets that would have hit him he just zapped out of the air using his saber. As he got to the ARC he quickly swung the saber in a fluent pattern that cut the assault rifle cleanly in half and knocked the ARC’s head off. The Jedi looked at the squad that was on top of the ledge as the ARC’s head rolled into a hole in the ground and the body just slumped to the ground as if it were a rag doll.

Frak! Why the hell is there a Jedi here! Aren’t they all supposed to be dead! Beta thought to himself as the entire group started full on running for their lives towards the cavern that was filled with fire.  They ran through the tunnel, not looking back to see if the Jedi was even still chasing them or not. They got into the cavern to see the drills still occupying the holes in the walls. The fire that had once taken half of the cavern had died out and they could see the one entrance that had not been blocked, the one that they had entered from. They ran across the cavern jumping over any obstacles or dead miners on the ground. They then made it across the cavern and stopped to see if their opponent had caught up. The ARC trooper was on the other side of the cavern and was just getting up as a beam had appeared through his chest. It retracted and he slumped to the ground.

“Skarr, take this,” Beta said to him and tossed him his clip of explosive rounds, “shoot the ceiling!” And with that Skarr loaded them in and fired at the ceiling of the cavern. It started to crack and all soon tumbled down, leaving them behind a pile of rubble on the other side of the Jedi.

OOC:
Over 600 but needed to finish off the last paragraph.
PFC Beta40

[This message has been edited by Beta40 (edited January 9, 2011 5:04:46 PM)]
Nitemare
ComNet n00b

Nitemare

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  15
January 9, 2011 9:23:51 PM    View the profile of Nitemare 
Seeing the seven men Nitemare heard Skarr shout "Kill 'em!" and she took out her throwing knives as she stood up and hurled one at a soldier hitting him through his eye "Owww!" he yelled as he ducked and covered "Now lets have us some fun" she chuckled as she muttered to herself.

as she ran up to the walls of the cavern she jumped and flipped grabbing her zenjii needles and hurled them toward the others, taking in the gun shots from the other troopers she ducked down and looked onward as she saw the stupidity of the republic "Left yourself wide open" she said as she crept up to a lone soldier about to shoot down a fellow trooper and grabbed him snapping his neck with a swipe of her hands "Idiots" she said as she took her E-11 from its holster and aimed at the nearest soldier gunning him down and creeping behind another soldier sticking him with her combat knife "Damn i love being a trained killer" she said as she continued creeping in the shadows of the cavern stalking and hunting her republic prey.

OOC:
Eclipse
Like a child you whisper softly to me, your in control..just like a child,  now i'm dancing, its like a dream no end and no beginning, your here with me....In the midnight hour I can feel your power!

Annoy me and die
Irritate me and suffer
Anger me and scream in pain
Try and gain control and I will castrate you with my blade

[This message has been edited by Nitemare (edited January 9, 2011 9:24:23 PM)]
Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  602
January 10, 2011 8:16:16 AM    View the profile of Corvin 
OOC:
Blackjack

The air stank of gunsmoke and something acrid and unplaceable. Reflected light glinted off his newly donned holo-goggles, forming multi-coloured patterns in the corner of his vision. Corvin blinked, and pushed the back-up goggles tighter against his eyes. The patterns vanished. Looted slug clips clacked at his belt.

The walls here were blackened and seared, meaningless patterns etched deep into the deformed crystal. The floor had fused into glass in patches, the shards crunching as they were ground underfoot. Blackened shapes were slumped everywhere, and Corvin breathed more lightly around them and their familiar burned-meat stench.

Garryll raised one hand, and the fire team came to a halt.  Corvin reflexively raised his slugthrower to cover the others. His comlink crackling in its replacement headset as the other fire team reported in.

"Found some of the Sidewinders. Three, maybe four." Tanus said tersely.

"And?" Garryll responded, gesturing for Striker to move ahead as he knelt. The Blackjack ASL strode forwards, her slug rifle clutched in a one-handed grip. Corvin took a step forwards, quickly stopping when Garryll waved him back. The Blackjack lead then toed one body over with his boot.

"All KIA. Looks like slug rounds from what's left. Probably concussion hits too. Republics are pulling-"

There was a squeal of static and a muffled rat-a-tat before Tanus continued.

"Pulling back. Mostly."

"Keep them running." Garryll ordered, looking down at the body. "And report if you find survivors or why."

There was a click of acknowledgment, and then the veteran Blackjack closed the channel. Corvin stood there uncertainly, rifle in hand.

"This one's got scout plates. Gryphon colours. Tags are fried."  Garryll said, free hand clenching and unclenching. "They've got to be close."

Without warning the Squad Leader jerked his head up, glanced ahead and to the left, then broke into a run.

"Come on!" he yelled as the other two Blackjacks struggled to keep up. They ran down long trench lanes, empty weapon mounts and dropped supply packs showing where the Republics had been. There was a body in khaki here, another sprawled scout there. Corvin pressed these back to his peripheral vision and ran, some of the bursts of gunfire no longer quite so distant in his ears.

The fire team rounded a bend in the line, and there they were: three grey-white figures squeezing off bursts at their attackers. There were six of the Republics, inadvertently cut off from their line of retreat, and they had the Gryphons effectively pinned, alternating fire to give each other chances to reload.

One trooper saw the stormtroopers out of the corner of his eye, started to turn, and then the Blackjacks were on them.

Corvin squeezed off a burst, the carbine shuddering in his grip, and then Garryll and Striker added their fire to his own. The volley of slugs tore one trooper in two and sent another two sprawling. The others hesitated for a moment, taken off-guard by the unexpected attack, and that was all the time the Blackjacks needed.

Striker lunged with a laugh, curved blade in hand. Corvin didn't see all of what happened, but there was a glint as the knife came down, another flash, and a Republic dropped, trailing blood as he and his gun arm fell separate ways.

The last two troopers collapsed as the Gryphons finally added their fire to the Blackjack's own, followed by two more reports as one of the scouts executed a downed Republic who was still clinging to life.

Ears still ringing, Corvin looked at the three. Their armour was chipped and scorched, one was missing his helmet and was holding an arm stiffly at his side, and the third had a long knife gouge down her faceplate, but they were alive.

"About damn time." knife-gouge said, and Corvin recognized her as the Gryphon's sergeant. She pulled herself back up using her long-barreled rifle as a crutch, then straightened.

So much for gratitude.

"Any word-" the scout sergeant began, then collapsed.

Garryll had just taken a step towards her when more slugs started to fly down the trench.
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"The Committee has also voted to change the name of the position, simply because no one liked the fact that its accronym spelled out Noo. "
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 10, 2011 8:17:30 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 10, 2011 4:07:39 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1436
January 10, 2011 3:01:51 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

“Dammit,” Gates muttered. Some New Republic stragglers had stumbled across them in their rather disorderly retreat from the frontlines. Gates levelled the concussion rifle to his hip and let loose a trio of shots, instantly draining the battery of the weapon. He threw it aside in disgust and yanked his handgun out of its holster, kneeling as he did to minimize his profile.

The Griffon’s Sergeant - Goltz, it he hadn’t forgotten. Her shoulder was mostly gone, the 7.62mm round haven cratered her armor and run on through, the entrance hole a lot bigger than the exit. It reminded Gates, again, of how vulnerable he was without his helmet.

“Dammit,” he muttered again, before grabbing the Scout by her torso armor and starting to drag her behind cover. A few oppurtunistic NR soldiers who’d managed to shake the ringing out of their ears - courtesy of his concussion rifle - pinged a few bullets at the two Imperials in the open. The Blackjack fireteam and the surviving Griffons blasted back, and Gates fired his handgun one-handed in their general direction, more to make himself feel better about being shot at than to actually hit something.

Goltz groaned in pain as her limp arm slid down a depression. A spreading pool of blood marked the track he’d made dragging her. “Griffons, while your Squad Leader is out of commission, I will be taking over the squad. Follow my orders like they’re gospel, same goes for my ASL,” Gates barked into his ear-bead. “Get your medic over here ASAP and put something in this lady’s shoulder-hole.”

The two Griffons were too well-trained to chafe at his rough orders or to mourn the massive, likely life-threatening injury to their SL, and they jumped to, one, the medic, sprinting down the trench to the Blackjack fireteam’s position. The other survivor laid down covering fire, as did the two Blackjacks. Gates slid Goltz behind cover and holstered his pistol in favor of his rifle. The Griffon medic slid to his SL, medpac in hand. The pack popped open in his hands, and rolls of gauze and bacta were found in seconds by experienced hands. Gates turned his attention from the medic and his patient; he barely understood basic battle-field first-aid, but he did remember the pain of getting shot.

Garryll raised his rifle to his shoulder, his scope to his eye - my eye, not my visor, he marvelled for a moment. In his career, his face had become the helmet of the Empire, his hands gloves and his feet boots. Gates blinked, then re-aimed his rifle - it had drifted from where the gunfire was coming  from - and fired once, then again, and again.

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Skarr
ComNet Member

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  381
Total Posts:  2102
January 10, 2011 4:55:55 PM    View the profile of Skarr 
OOC:
Eclipse Squad

The ceiling of the cavern came down, blocking the way in. Skarr knew it wouldn’t hold the Jedi for long, the things he had read about them made them seem like gods. Skarr didn’t want to test the theory. He looked at the small group of soldiers around him. Most of them were out of ammo. The rest were on their last clips. He looked around for some inspiration. The dead Republic troops in this cavern gave him hope.

“Collect their weapons and ammunition! Any things that can be used are to be collected, grenades, semtex, anything of the like!” Skarr ordered. Eclipse Squad jumped to it, as did the small amount of RAIDERS. Beta walked up to Skarr and patted him on the back.

“Doing pretty good there,” Beta commented. He nodded his head toward the fallen shards of the cavern ceiling, “You think that’ll hold?” Skarr shrugged. It wouldn’t, but they had to hope it was. Nitemare trotted up to Skarr, handing him a sub-machine gun and some ammunition for it. He nodded his head in thanks. Skarr looked at all of the assembled soldiers. They had picked up the weapons and the ammo as well as several other trinkets. He looked back at the area where the Jedi was already burning through the crystals.

Skarr cursed, “Get back! NOW!” He turned around with the rest of his team and ran back further into the caverns. There was no way they could stand up to the Jedi. Skarr wouldn’t dare pit his squad or his former squad against something like that. They ran down one of the long twisting corridors away from the large cavern.

“Beta, hand me the C-4!” Skarr yelled. Beta tossed the large stick toward Skarr. He ripped large chunks of the material out of the stick, wiring it up and arming the detonator. “Keep going!” he yelled. He had to stop this Jedi, or at least slow him down again. Skarr settled down behind a box. A slight sound alerted him to the Jedi’s presence. Skarr depressed the button on the detonator.

The Jedi’s head snapped up and he dashed forward as the explosion rocked the corridor. Skarr fired his gun full auto. The Jedi’s lightsaber evaporated all the bullets out of the air. Shit! Skarr thought. The Jedi gestured casually with his hand and Skarr went flying back into the wall. The young man walked up to Skarr’s limp body as the Sergeant slipped into unconsciousness. His last thought was, What am I going to tell everyone?
SL/SGT Skarr/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] {RES}
Author/WS Skarr/Lotaith/VET/VE
AS-2/SGT Skarr/STCA/VEA/VE

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" The Inferno, Canto III, Line 9
"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" General George Patton
"I only get paid if I survive, and I like getting paid."
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

Post Number:  16
January 11, 2011 7:10:55 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

Balac saw Skarr shoot as the Jedi advanced. The Jedi's Lightsaber sprung to life, evaporating every bullet shot his way. With a casual movement of the hand, he shoved Skarr against the wall.

"Sarge!" Balac shouted as he saw Skarr slam against the wall as if shoved by a great wind. "Shabuir Jetii!"

"Cover him!" Balac and Beta shouted at the same time as the Jedi continued his advance on Skarr.

Multiple streams of bullets flew towards the Jedi. Although the Jedi managed to evaporate every bullet that flew his way, he was forced back under the volume of fire from the troopers.

Balac had learned a bit about Jedi fighting abilities. They could keep up a great defense, until attacked by vast numbers, attacked from multiple sides, or wide angles of fire converging on them.

"Spread out, keep forcing him back!" Balac shouted to the troopers. Once Balac was satisfied that the Jedi was far enough back, he ran up to gather Skarr. With a quick vitals check he lifted Skarr onto his shoulders.

Balac turned back and started running towards to the troops.

"He's unconscious but otherwise fine, now GO!" Balac said.

They broke off and continued running down the corridor. Eventually, Balac could feel Skarr starting to stir on his shoulders.

"Hey, what are you- put me down." Skarr said.

"You alright Skarr?" Balac asked letting Skarr back onto his feet and continued walking.

"Yea, could have been worse without the armor though." Skarr replied.

"What are we going to do about the Jedi?" Beta asked.

"We should bury the damn di'kut here." Balac answered, adrenaline coursing through his system. "I'll do it alone if I have to."

"Don't be stupid," Skarr replied, "We need to be careful. We can't risk burying one being, even a Jedi. Besides, I don't think there's much we can do in this enclosed space. We might get ourselves caught under our own mess."

"Then what?" Beta asked.

"We try to find a way out, and get reinforcements to help us deal with the Jedi." Skarr answered.

Balac looked back in the direction they came. He'd trained so much, often with the faint hope of meeting a Jedi on the battlefield, and now the chance was torn from his grasp.

Calming himself, Balac replied, "Yes, sir."

Pirunir sur'haaise!
[This message has been edited by Balac (edited January 11, 2011 7:17:00 PM)]
Dirge
ComNet n00b

Dirge

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  7
January 12, 2011 9:45:32 AM    View the profile of Dirge 
OOC:
ECLIPSE

"Those guys are invincible!" One of the other new eclipse squad members shouted as they marched further into the tunnels away from the Jedi.

"No, they're not." Dirge stated flatly. He pulled off his helmet to get some air, he was getting too old for all this excitement, it also revealed his heritage to those around who may have been unaware. Despite the wrinkles and little remaining fuzz of white hair his clone genetics were obvious.

"If they were invincible we wouldn't have wiped out the whole damn lot of them thirty years ago. I was still in training when they were hunted down, but I heard plenty about it all during my first years in service." he continued, before pausing to look around. “You have to spread out and concentrate fire, they're physically limited in what they can achieve they can't bloke two bullets at the same time. I heard it took whole platoons to bring down a Jedi in the open though, we don't have a whole platoon or an open space!” Dirge finished adding what we felt was a relatively informed opinion on the matter.

“Keep moving!” Beta shouted. Dirge turned to look at the corridor behind them, he hadn't survived this long a service without being constantly mindful of his surroundings. A blue glare flickering across the crystalline tunnel walls gave away their pursuer.

“He's gaining!” he warned.

“Turn and form up!” Skarr shouted. The remaining Raiders and Eclipse soldiers turned and formed a line across the width of the tunnel. Four men wide and forming three ranks of rifles. As the Jedi rounded the corner they all fired a burst in tandem. Dirge held some genuine hope that this could down the Jedi. It became apparent that he was slightly over optimistic in the regard.

With a wave of his hand the Jedi Atreas brought a great slab of crystal between himself and the soldiers. It cracked under the burst of fire, but held. Thrusting his palm forwards, he launched the crystal forwards. Cracking as it travelled, the sheet split into thousands of iridescent shards that fell upon the storm troopers. Their formation was broken as the missiles dropped most of the men to the ground, Eclipse 7 and 9 never got up blood soaked shards protruding from their armor.

Skarr and Beta were up first, they fired harmless bursts of fire at Atreas before trying to pull the other men to their feet. The Jedi stood impassive before them, apparently happy to let them fall back further into the mines.

“Retreat!” Skarr shouted above the noise of rifle fire as the group began to flat out run down the nearest passageway. In just a few moments it was obvious why they had been allowed to retreat, the passageway opened into a smooth round cavern ten metres wide – but there was no other way out.

“Does anyone have a grenade?” Balac shouted. “If we're going down he is too, give me one!”

“Calm down,” Dirge, Balacs academy trainer, chastised. “We're not going down without a fight, but lets consider the options here!”

“Your option.” boomed a voice from further up the corridor, “Is Surrender. Drop your weapons and no one else needs to be hurt.”
Drill Sergeant - Academy
Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1625
January 12, 2011 10:19:54 AM    View the profile of Raziel 

The Jedi stalked into the cavern after a few moments, his saber held before him the blade held incredibly still. He paused before the soldiers, his mind working to sense the feelings of the soldiers around him. His offer had been genuine, he had snuffed out more lives this evening than he could stomach already. He sensed a variety of strong emotions in the soldiers around him; some were barely stifling there fear, others were nearly overcome by intense rage. Only a few held their emotions in check effectively. Atreas readied his saber as a sense of impending danger flooded his mind before, once again, he felt his ability to discern anything through the Force clouded.
    “Drop the weapons,” He stated to the Stormtroopers. Most laid down their rifles, but two seemed reluctant. With a flick of his free hand he send all the weapons – including those still held – careening across the cavern floor. “You will accompany me back to the base . . .” He was interrupted by a loud knock. There was an awkward moment in the middle of the tension. Both the Jedi and his captives realised that the noise was coming from elsewhere and both sides started to look around. Another loud knock drew their attention to one of the sides of the caverns, where the shadowy silhouette of a single figure was barely visible in the crystal. None of the troopers had realised before, but there appeared to be another open space on the other side of that wall. The silhouette reached up with one arm and bashed on the crystal with something in his hand.
    Without warning two bright orange streaks of light burst into existence and the figure was revealed by the illumination of his own lightsabers. Both blades burst through the crystal wall and with a sweep the barrier was shattered.

Hues of blue and black swirled across the surface of the Dark Jedi's mimetic armour, but the mask covering his face remained a matt shade of black.
    “I extend the same offer to you, Jedi” An obviously distorted voice emanated from a speaker on the front of the mask. “Surrender to me now and you will walk away from here – with me.”
    Atreas made no overt movement, but inside his mind raced. Only a moment before he had been certain that he was on first name terms with every Force user left in the galaxy. Now the reasons behind the clouded perceptions were all too clear, the Dark side had been present on this world. The stand off lasted nearly twenty seconds, the Dark Jedi's patience was always going to snap before the Light user by a long way. The Dark Jedi rushed forwards, one saber held before him, the other out to the side. The Stormtroopers rushed to the edge of the cavern, eager to get well out of the way.
    Sparks flew as lightsabers crossed, Atreas deflected a probing strike from the Sith, but found himself forced back as he was forced to parry a strike from the other orange blade a moment later. He back peddled with as much as control as he could, his armoured opponent was much faster with both blades so he worked his saber within a small defensive sphere. As long as he kept his blade central and forced the Sith to work his blades out wide he could keep him at bay.
    Despite their awe at the inhumanly fast light show that formed the Jedi battle before them, the members of Eclipse and Raiders were indoctrinated to the highest levels of imperial training. Immediately they were thinking about getting back to their weapons, but the idea of somehow assisting in the frantic battle of blades before them was troublesome.

Atreas managed to fall into something of a rhythm as his confidence grew, with two hands on his hilt he could control every contact and force the Sith's smaller blades back. He held his ground and brought his saber around in a wide arc; choosing not the attempt a parry the Dark Jedi backed away from the strike. Atreas moved into the gap and, the Sith's attack spent, shifted into the offensive. He repeatedly brought his saber down in short powerful strikes, keeping his guard close but attempting to bludgeon his way through the other's defences.
    As he began to believe he was gaining the upper hand his tricky opponent broke his rhythm utterly. The Sith ducked a slash from his left and brought his left saber behind Atreas's blade rather than the expected block from the right. Having sensed Atreas's poor body position the Sith forced the Jedi's blade further along the path of it's momentum. With his blade perilously out wide and his foot position compromised Atreas attempted a clumsy retreat. The Siths right blade came down in an overhead strike before his defences were set and passed an inch in front of his face.
    The Dark Jedi ruthlessly pressed the advantage, both blades carving an intricate pattern through the air that kept Atreas off balance and vulnerable. Panick began to creep into the Jedi's mind as he began to realise he was facing a far more skilled and experienced opponent. His fate was sealed just a moment later.

His blue saber was driven high by both of his opponents orange blades. The Sith broke off one saber and slashed down across his exposed chest. The blade slashed through robes and lightly burnt his skill. As full blown panic set in Atreas exerted all his energy in a single telekinetic strike that sent the Sith flying across the cavern. Not even waiting for the Sith to land he turned to flee, but found his route blocked. The Stormtroopers had edged around the cavern and Atreas found the tunnel they had all entered from was blocked by a line of rifle muzzles.
    “Why don't you put your weapons down, there's a good lad,” Skarr shouted, the glee apparent in his voice. Before he even had the chance to consider those words Atreas was overcome by a searing pain as an orange blade cut through his flesh. He could only watch as his arm and saber dropped to the floor, very little blood pooling around the cauterised limb. The Jedi dropped to the floor in agony, only barely aware of the Sith standing over him.
    “You have a mission to complete.” The Sith shouted to the Stormtroopers. “I suggest you can back on it,” displaying no gratitude for their help in cornering the Jedi whatsoever. As the Stormtroopers, and their torches, filed out of the room the two were left in darkness.
    Only the orange  and blue blades provided a flicked of light as the Jedi got up to his knees, having mentally blocked out his pain. “End it now,” he spat, still holding the stump of his severed arm with his remaining hand.
    “Oh no, you were never supposed to die,” with a flick of on orange blade the Sith sliced up the Jedi's saber . . . still held by  Atreas' disembodied arm. The blue blade faded into nothing, along with the Jedi's hopes. “I'm afraid there are some people who want to have a conversation with you. We're very interested in hearing about your new academy . . .”

Up above on the surface the AT-AT's came to rest, their cannons trained on the Republic base. A smattering of ineffectual fire reached out to them from the perimeter wall, but the armour of the remaining AT-ATs held firm. A great screech sounded across the battlefield as their chain cannons span into action. Shells rained down on the base's outer wall, which was immediately obscured to the Imperial forces on the ground by a cloud of crystalline debris. After a few moments the noise stopped and the clouds settled. The Republic base's defences were shattered and a great opening had been gouged through the outer wall.
    “This is command to all Imperial forces. The wall is down, assault the base, we have minutes before the Republic fleet will be in a position to land!”

[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited January 12, 2011 11:10:59 AM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1437
January 13, 2011 8:24:26 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

Normal AT-ATs were terrifying enough. They’d split base-shattering laser beams from the under-head cannons on the siege weapons. Equipped with massive chain-guns that spat hundreds of fist-sized high-explosive rounds every minute, and you were truly dealing with a nightmare.

“Glad they’re on our side,” Gates remarked dryly, their position having been passed by the massive war machines only a few seconds ago. With the giant walkers had come waves of Stormtroopers, who’d make quick work of any dallying NR troopers - the ones that had been exchanging gunfire with Blackjack had been over run, slaughtered and trampled by the following men.

Garryll took the opportunity to light a cigarette in the brief ‘peace.’ Once lit, he wedged it in the side of his mouth and pressed the receiver button on his comlink ear bead. “Blackjacks, get back on your bikes; we’ve got to finish this thing.”

The two squads that had been following him were either totally eliminated or close to it; the light skirmisher troops had been shot to hell and back. Gates reloaded his rifle, then his pistol; he made sure all his grenades hung in the correct positions in his belt. Satisfied with his check, he nodded to the two Blackjacks currently with him and they backtracked their steps to where they’d left their speeder bikes. Having reached the bikes before Tanus and his team, Gates took the opportunity to put eyes-on the massive gap the AT-ATs had put in the defensive wall.

The AT-ATs were standing off, lobbing streams of high-velocity shells at high-priority targets, but now it was the poor bloody infantry’s job to get the kill. Army soldiers and some white-clad Stormtroopers were exchanging gun fire with the NR troops in the base, taking cover in the rubble that the AT-ATs had so considerately created.

The rest of Blackjack finally arrived, and Gates stowed the binoculars in his backpack and clambered aboard his vehicle; Blackjack followed suit. Other infantry, moving up to the frontlines or medics looking for dire cases were the only ones still around them. It was an all-out push, it looked like.

“No point sitting around here,” Gates yelled into his comlink, attempting to hear himself over the massive sound of gunfire they were approaching. The speeder bikes ate up the ground quickly, and the massive firefight quickly approached. As they zoomed underneath the AT-ATs, the giants spoke again, spraying brilliant red tracers over the Imperial forces and into the NR positions. The sounds of bullets being fired from the chaingun sounded less like gunfire and more like a swarm of locusts flapping their wings, times a thousand.

Blackjack was suddenly within the walls of the New Republic base, and the sound of gunfire was a constant cacophony of just pure chaos and noise. “Off the bikes!” Gates barked. “Better on the ground! Move, move!”

Gates slowed his bike down enough to ensure he’d keep all of his bones intact, and then slid off his bike, rolling as he hit the ground. His rifle was up to his shoulder a split second after that, and he sprinted for the nearest cover, a squat military building. His back slammed against it, and then he looked around the corner. Blackjacks were taking cover around him, weapons raised and ready to kill at his word.

A tiny smile played across his lips at the duty and responsibilities he carried, and then he pressed the comlink bead in his ear again. “Blackjack is in the fight, command. Moving against the Republic Command base ASAP.”

OOC:

Objective is to get the Commander (Anoa), who is assumably in a heavily guarded base. There is a lot of gunfire, based on the attack in total commencement at this point.

Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  606
January 14, 2011 8:11:11 AM    View the profile of Corvin 
OOC:
Blackjack

"Come on, Blackjacks!" Garryll yelled, gesturing with his rifle. "Blood and Iron!"

The squad echoed the call back, Corvin shouting with them.

"Blood and Iron!"

His ears ringing from constant weapons fire, armour covered in dents from glancing hits, and his helmet missing, Corvin had never felt more alive. Adrenaline coursing through his system, he charged with the rest of the squad.

The half-dozen Republics cowering in the ruins were dazed from the AT-AT's bombardment, and only got a few shots off before the Blackjacks were on them.

Corvin felt a sudden sting as a slug skimmed his forehead. If he'd still been wearing a helmet, the snap-back would probably have broken his neck. He swore, and slammed his carbine's side into the shooter's helmet-plate.

The Republic dropped, visor shattered, and another Blackjack finished him off as he collapsed. In the confusion, Corvin didn't see who.

The squad was now in the wreckage of a guard tower, the last of the Republics gunned down as he ran. Corvin was crouching behind a ruined heavy gun, the barrel warped by heat and shrapnel, and covered in the ever-present crystal dust. The stench of gunsmoke and fresh blood was almost breathable.

There were slightly muffled roars from ahead, followed by the shriek of smoke-trailed rockets. They spiraled overhead in almost a solid line, then exploded against the lead AT-AT's cockpit plate.

In his peripheral vision, Corvin saw the explosion as the great war machine staggered mid-step, its advance halted. Then the walker brought its front foot back down, and turned its cockpit from side to side, guns swiveling up and down. Corvin was momentarily, absurdly reminded of a cannid shaking itself off after getting soaked. It was surprisingly appropriate; inside, the walker's crew were recovering from the hit and removing any injured.

The AT-AT, Dies Irae according to its Com-tag, came to a complete stop. Behind it, its two brothers continued to storm forwards, firing periodic bursts at distant targets. Around their feet, squads of stormtroopers continued to run forwards, careful to givethe walkers a wide berth. The platoons formed one solid wall of white swarming over debris and shattered crystal, coursing into gaps in the defensive wall.

"Hit those rocketeers!" Garryll snapped, then froze, one hand moving to his earpiece. "What? Yes, of course, sir."

The squad leader slumped slightly.

"Belay that. Blackjack, we're pulling back."

Striker nodded, and dropped back into a crouch.

"Got it, boss." Corvin said, trying and failing to keep the reluctance out of his voice. Orders were orders though, and Garryll always had good reason for his.

"The walkers want to handle this themselves." Garryll said, answering the unspoken question, and Corvin's eyes widened. "Pull back, doubletime!"

The Blackjacks scrambled over wreckage and shattered emplacements, spraying suppressive fire at anyone taking potshots as they moved. No sooner had they reached the ruined bunker they'd first reached did Garryll reopen his com.

"Blackjack here. We're out of the area, and waiting on the fireworks, commander!"

Squatting in front of the bunker's fire slit, Corvin turned his head, looking at the gap at the squads' backs. Troopers were pouring in through every gap, firing as they overwhelmed pockets of resistance. There was a distant thump and the ground shook as an ammunition dump went up.

Dies Irae screamed. What looked like a solid sheet of explosive slugs streamed from the walker's cockpit, flowing from the chin guns and into the ruins. Blinded again, goggles darkenning automatically, Corvin looked away and pulled them up. Spots seemed to flicker everywhere as he tried to blink away the after-image.

Dies Irae was still firing, playing the shots futher into the base. When the smoke cleared, the area up ahead was completely gone. Not a single tower, bunker, or even wall was still standing in a twenty meter radius, all reduced to rubble by the explosive rounds.

Ears still ringing, Corvin felt more than heard Garryll's orders to advance.
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 14, 2011 8:15:52 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited January 14, 2011 8:26:09 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:02:48 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 70  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >