Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming..
June 16, 2002 5:06:02 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Otto fired up his practice lightsber, its glow filling all the shadows with an eerie light. Cutting his way through the access hatch on one of the LNR series 2 turbolasers, he made a hole big enough for Jubei to enter the laser. Otto then did the same for the KDY150 and crawled inside that. Snugly inside the turbolaser, Jubei got to work. He mentally recalled the schematics of an LNR laser he serviced back in the Academy. He crawled his way to the control panel, and opened it. He crossed some wires and spliced here and there, all the time talking to Otto, and telling him how to do the same. Now only one thing remained to do, connect the blue and red wires, and the next blast would backfire and blow the generator and meltdown the turbolasers. The only problem as that there is only a 10 second delay between blasts, so Jubei and Otto would have only 11 seconds to get their butts out of the lasers. "Otto, you ready, we have to get out of here quickly then run like heck." Jubei said. "Understood, we'll conect the wires as soon as the next blast goes off."Oto replied. A few soncds later, the lasers fired, Jubei and Otto connected the two wires, then crawled like hell. 11, Jubei made it out of the control hatch, 10...9...8...7, the exit was in sight 6...5...4... Jubei reached the exit, seing Otto already outside, having cut his way out with his saber...3...2, Jubei was halfway out...1..jubei was out and running...0 *KKAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!* The generator exploded and lit up the night, the turbolasers began to melt down, as a result of the powersurge of the explosion. Jubei flew through the air and landed hard, hearing 2 ribs break. His head hit a rock an dhe fell into oblivion...

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
Master of the "Way of the Juu"
Ruler of The Society Of COLOR
TRP/SGT Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE/
"We can't keep this up... I mean, one of us will surely end up dead...and thats the sensible thing to do, ISN'T IT? -Jubei Kipagami
"God invented alcohol so the Irish wouldn't rule the world" -unknown
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
June 16, 2002 8:25:05 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
He hopped out of the damaged craft and deftly snapped to attention. "Mission objective achieved."

-----------------------
Corporal Tycho Celchu, Slicer
Dread Knights, Vast Empire's Stormtrooper Corps
Union Representative of the Dread Knights
[email protected]
AIM: Tycho987
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
June 16, 2002 9:16:36 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: Tycho, who in the land of nimmerman are you talking to?  ] Argon saw the explosion marking where the artillery was, but there were still four more batteries, and now they were warned. "Daishi...  I mean Kuroishi,"he said,"sorry, I keep forgetting.  set up to cover me.  I'm going to commandeer the left one and fire on the other ones." "No problem,"replied Kuroishi,"I got it." Argon waited as Kuroishi set himself up on a hill less than two hundred meters away from the battery. As soon as he got the signal, Argon started down the hill. Using skills picked up the campaign against Nezumi, Argon was able to sneak his massive bulk to within 20 meters of the massive vehicle without being noticed. There were two regular infantry soldiers outside the vehicle, one gunner in the close defense laser turret, and several cameras with clear views in all directions. These guys were prepared for anything normal stormtroopers could offer. But they weren't dealing with normal stormtroopers. "Kuroishi,"whispered Argon into the comm,"take out the gunner, and then take out the cameras on my side, I can handle the infantry." Two clicks confirmed that he had received the message. Three seconds later, a truple burst fired from Kuroishi's prized projectile rifle burst into the laser turret, smashing the transparisteel at such high velocities that it could not vibrate enough to produce a sound, and putting a neat triangle, precisely two centimeters on a side in both the transparisteel and the gunner. Neither of the guards noticed the incident. Two seconds later, the camera that was monitoring the north-western side of the vehicle flew off it's mount. The heads of both guards flew to the camera. Only one realized his mistake. Seven seconds had passed. Swiftly crossing the clearing, Argon stopped beside the vehicle, near the hatch. Five seconds later, the hatch opened, revealing a man in full body armor, wielding an E-11/H Blaster Rifle. His forehead had barely cleared the outer armor when a shot caught him directly between the eyes. "Nice shot Kuroishi,"said Argon, lifting himself over the side in time to catch the man and bring him the rest of the way up. In another second, he was inside. None of the crew was ready for him, and it only took five shots to make sure that all of them were down. In the time it took Argon to remove the five dead bodies from the control room, Kuroishi was there. "Okay,"he said,"what's the plan now?" "Now,"said Argon, taking out his comm,"we call Tycho." "I have a feeling we'll need a link,"said Kuroishi, settling down to work it out. "Sounds about right,"said Argon flipping on his comm unit. "Tycho,"he said,"can you read this signal?" A few seconds passed before the reply came. "Yeah boss,"came Tycho's voice,"I read." "Good,"said Argon,"I've got another job for you.  I need you to access the link that Kuroishi's just set up." Another few seconds passed. "Holy crap,"came the reply,"are you guys actually inside that thing?" "Yes,"replied Argon,"look, what I need you to do is this.  Find the three other artillery batteries in the area.  Got them?" "Yeah, I got em." "Good.  Now, can you work out a firing solution that will have this gun fire on all three of them before their automated threat systems return fire?" A couple seconds passed. "Maybe.  Well, I've got a program in place that might work, but it's a pretty slim chance." "I'll take it, load it into the artillery's hard drive." "Okay, just wait a few seconds.  Hey, why don't you just let me activate it from here?" "Simple,"replied Argon,"because it's our only link-up, and we may need it again." "K,"said Tycho,"call me if you need my mad skills again." Argon shut down the comlink. "Kuroishi,"he said,"is it loaded?" "It's up and running,"said Kuroishi,"We can promise two, with a maybe on the last one." "Good,"said Argon,"give us fifteen seconds, and let's get out of here." "Okay,"said Kursoishi,"it's set...  okay....  go!!" At this signal, Kuroishi started the timer, and they both bolted for the exit. At a dead run, they leapt from the top of the artillery piece, rolled as they hit the ground, and dashed for the nearest piece of cover they could see. Faster than the mind could track, computer connections formed and dissipated within the battery, it had a mission and it knew how to do it. As a blur, the massive barrel of the cannon swung into place and released its barrage of destructive energy. Even before the blast could hit, the barrel was swinging to its next target. But the reactions in the other two pieces was already happening, more computer connections swung into place, and the barrels began to move. A second lock, and a second shot came a hairsbreadth after the first explosion. The barrel swiveled to track its final target. But the target was already there. With a burst that travelled at a significant fraction of the speed of light, the comandeered artillery piece was destroyed, but so were two others. The resulting shock wave hit the two Dread Knights before they could reach cover. Both had jumped just in time to be carried along with the shockwave. Kuroishi landed rolling, twisting to the side in time to avoid a large, jagged rock in his path. Argon smashed into a tree approximately ten centimeters in diameter, and took it down to the ground with him. They both got up and dested themselves off, checking their weaponry to make sure it was all right. It had been an interesting two minutes. "Well,"said Argon,"only one more to go." "Yeah,"said Kuroishi,"but that last one's gonna be the most guarded, all the people outside the other guns are gonna go there, and that means a heck of a lot more security." "True,"said Argon,"but I think we can take it." "Hey,"replied Kuroishi,"I never said we couldn't." The two of them walked toward the last remaining artillery piece, formulating plans that would take them past its defenses. [OOC: Yes, I did just see "Sum of All Fears" and "The Bourne Identity" in two days, how could you tell?  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 16, 2002 9:28:19 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei felt like he was floating, he opened his eyes and could see nothing, just darkness. He started to panic, but then resigned himself to his obvious fate. Then he heard a familiar voice. "Jubei, you ok? Hey come on Jub wake up..." Jubei blinked and opened his eyes again, this time with the wolrd slowly coming into focus. He saw Strider and Otto leaning over him, both with worried looks on their faces. "Wh..Where am i?" Jubei asked "were about 100 meters from the artillery field, come on Jub, get to your feet we need to help Argon and Kuroishi." Otto said. Jubei slowly got to his feet, wavered slightly, then stood on his own power. "Guess i took a nasty spill there didn't I?" Jubei inquired. "yeah ya did, but it worked, and Argon took out 3 of the other 4 batteries, so theres just one left." Strider announced. "well, lets get back to work" Jubei replied. The fog in his mind was slowly clearing, but he felt as if he had ben on a week long binge of the best Corrillean Whiskey onthe market, which reminded him of his schnapps in his breast pocket. He pulled out his flask and took a sip, letting the fiery liquid run down his throat. He slowly felt the pain bleed out of his head. He, Otto, and strider radiod Rizz with their progress update, then headed off to find Argon and Kuroishi...

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/SGT/Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE/
"We can't keep this up... I mean, one of us will surely end up dead...and thats the sensible thing to do, ISN'T IT? -Jubei Kipagami
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 16, 2002 9:29:13 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
OOC: I was hoping you would tell me who I was talking to . I was given orders to relay the message, and so I did . "Boss? I've got a way that will increase your chances of destroying the last battery by over 40%. You still got that link up?" "Yeah, its up." "Ok, I'm going to feed a program into the battery that will lockdown all the controls, so that the crew can't operate it. All software overrides will be disabled, and the comm gear will burn out from excess voltage running through the system. The threat detection system will be umm...reprogrammed so that anything that even seems to be approaching it or in the immediate vicinity will be considered a threat and will be fired upon automatically. Best of all, the door will be sealed, and so as long as they don't have a laser torch in there, they'll be in there for the duration. Unfortunately, you'll also be considered a threat. The program is ready to go--its a variant of the one I used on the Rebel HQ." "Do it" "Sure thing, Boss." A progress display appeared. "You're all set. Give it two minutes to work its magic. Good luck." The conversation broke off when Argon closed the connection.

-----------------------
[email protected]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 16, 2002 11:33:47 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
A half second later, Argon turned the connection back on. "Uhhh, Tych?"he said,"could you possibly make that a little bit nicer and make it only temporary, I have plans for this battery..." "Oh,"said Tycho, sounding disappointed,"sure." "Thanks,"said Argon, closing the connection again. =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~ [OOC: Tycho, you were officially talking to one of the little gray aliens who had his forces ready to attack the Rebel base as soon as were were in...  You may want to rephrase your line  ] The little gray aliens came out of nowhere, climbing the walls of the distracted Rebel compound and pouring in with overwhelming numbers. Rebel soldiers reached for their weapons in the chaos as the massive gray tide swept over them. Normally, the wall would have been watched well enough to prevent an attack, but in the confusion caused by the VE soldiers, they had forgotten the real threat. Several hundred soldiers were able to hole up inside buildings througout the base, but within minutes, there was no question as to who controlled the majority of the compound. Now, the only problem would be taking out the Rebels who had sealed themselves inside buildings. That was why Argon had decided he wanted the artillery cannon...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
June 17, 2002 4:21:33 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi popped a fresh drum clip into his rifle and waited for the order to start working his majik. "A Tenloss series four mobile artillary piece.  Interesting.  I think I can pop the last one if I can get the thing to turn fourty degress to port.  The armor around the computer relays to the gun controls is thin enough for my high explosive rounds to penetrate but since there are too many obsicles in the way I'd either have to stand in the middle of that hill over there or get the thing to turn."  Kuroishi said to Argon. "Prepare to engage the infantry."  Argon replied. "Yes sir.  What kind of pattern would youl ike today, smiley face or squad member's initials, just enough enemy troopers to do it."  Kuroishi replied. "Start with the smiley face, the Raiders will be here before you can finish all the initials."  Argon replied. Kuroishi flipped the burst selector to full auto and started his work. Kuroishi was an expert marksman with both his Timbique Edition Zues and Scoped Lee Enfield #4.  Today he was just showing off for thier comrades in arms.  By the time they got here they would see a group of dead rebel troops in the pattern of a smiley face on the ground. As the last shell left the barrel the Raiders began to show up. "We got twenty rebel troops left alive out there and I'm fresh out of drum clips on hand, but I do have my double barrled blaster rifle I can go to work with."  Kuroishi said as he climbed down from his sniping spot. "Good work General.  Once the last of the Raiders arrive we'll go in there and take the last of them out and capture us an artillery piece."  Argon replied with the Whiphid equivelant of a smile on his face. "We won't have much time before they pack up and move out faster then we can chase, but hey, what else is new.  I got my tool kit instead of the extra drun clips I normally cary so I can't take the rest out."  Kuroishi replied as the Whiphid began to look annoyed at the possibility of some getting away.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 17, 2002 10:43:31 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
As soon as Kuroishi had taken out as many troops as he could, Argon decided that the time for subtlety had passed. Jubei, Strider, and Otto had just arrived. Argon gave each of them an automatic weapon and set then on three hillsides that gave good views of the remaining vehicle. "When I start moving,"he said,"I want you to cover me and Kuroishi.  Concentrate your fire on anyone who aims at us, I'll take care of anyone else." "And what do we do once you're in?"asked Otto. "I won't be in,"replied Argon,"that's why we need your lightsaber.  The hatch is too thick to blast through, and they're not going to be dumb enough to get out. "Our job once we get there will be to hook an anchor onto the contraption and try to prevent it from getting away." "Okay,"said Jubei,"that makes pretty good sense, but how do we get rid of the crew once we're inside?" "Simple,"said Kuroishi, holding up three flashbang grenades,"we blind em." "Yeah,"said Strider,"and blind ourselves as well." "Not me,"said Kuroishi, motioning toward the helmet of Varnek armor,"I'll be just fine." "Well,"said Otto, picking up one of the automatic weapons,"I think we have a plan."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
June 17, 2002 3:58:50 PM    View the profile of D-13 
Meanwhile, Rizzit, Jed, Tj, and Dee were still walking, no rebels in sight. Jed and Dee quickly got bored and started to throw things at animals. An explosion nearby alerted them to the rebel presence.  Some rebel troopers came pouring out of a brush tunnel. "Freeze, imperial slime!" Are they kidding us? Dee thought, The Raiders looked at each other and split. Rizzit jumped at the rebel group and hacked the man in half. Dee kicked a soldier off into a wild animal's hole, where some growling sounds were heard. The man screamed as he was pulled into the hole and silenced. "Well, you wanted action Dee, you got it.", Jed grinned. A camouflaged rebel took aim at Dee, but Tj jumped in the way and deflected the blasts back at the enemy. The soldier fell out of the tree, dead. "Alright, enough nonsense, let's check out the tunnel, maybe the Dread Knights can use this."

-----------------------
TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA

Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
June 17, 2002 4:35:13 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
"Lightsabers?  Who needs lightsabers when I got this baby around?  If this ain't good enough I got eight kilos of command detonated C-8 we can blast the hatch open with, that's enough to blast an AT-AT's drive mechanism to scrap when planted on the forward right knee."  Kuroishi said as he held up his vibro katana. "Good point."  Argon replied a little flustered that he had forgotten his fellow Dread Knight had a weapon for every occassion. The duo made for the last artillery piece under the cover fire of the Raiders troops.  The fire was a bit erradic since they were not used to dealing with slug throwers but they were getting the hang of it rather fast. "We probably should cut the Raiders a bit of slack after this, I mean they still owe me for the half a nerf thing I pulled on them back when Cosmic was in charge."  Kuroishi said as he watched many of the remaining enemy troops drop. "Maybe but we'll see."  Argon said as he and Kuroishi closed on the artillery piece. Grabbing his vibro katan Kuroishi redied himself for the jump to the top of the hull. Argon and Kuroishi jumped in unison to thier inteded target and with a well placed downward thrust Kuroishi began cutting the hatch open. Argon lifted the hatch off once Kuroishi was finished and a blind grenade went inside the vehicle a fraction of a second later. Jumping inside the vehicle Kuroishi tossed two more blind grenades right in the lap of each driver. "That had to hurt."  Kuroishi said after they went off. Kuroishi hefted the victims out of the artillery piece to a waiting angry and slightly disoriented whiphid. The sounds of breaking bone told him that Argon was trying to make another of his piece's of modern art out of the still living but very broken bodies of thier victims. "Next floor, swiming pools of blood, sculptures of famous buildings using the bodies of our victims, the fiery bowls of hell just for waking up and having breakfast this morning, and Atro City."  Kuroishi said as he waited for the rest to climb abord the mobile artillery.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 17, 2002 10:13:52 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon had finished his sculptures(now displayed on top of the vehicle), and headed to the command center. Kuroishi had finished putting the selected buildinds(found through questioning PaTrIcK through the comm) into the computer. "We're ready to kill them all,"he announced. At that moment, the three Raiders entered the vehicle. "Argon,"complained Jubei,"did you have to do that?" "Do what?"replied Argon. "Those dead guys on the outside,"said Otto. "Oh those,"said Argon with a dismissive wave,"don't worry about those.  I'll be that VEDJ of your does a lot worse." "No,"replied Otto slowly,"actually we don't..." "Really,"said Argon, somewhat surprised,"that's pretty sad considering that I refuse to join you guys because I'm a light side guy.  What do you guys do anyways?" Before Otto could reply, Kuroishi broke in. "All programs are up and running,"said Kuroishi,"we can fire at any time." "Then,"said Argon,"let's finish this."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 17, 2002 10:58:28 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
OOC: I think you guys can take it from here, we RAIDERS have a Wildcard platoon comp. to participate in so happy hunting, and dont kill us off  maim us, or injure us beyond medical care

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/SGT/Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE/
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 18, 2002 10:06:15 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: No problem.  It's too bad Jap won't let us in on that  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
June 18, 2002 8:14:15 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Last post sorry. Rizzit was happily killing off Rebels when he got a call on his com-link. "Rizzit, are you there? This is Japer. Come in." "I read you Jap!" Rizzit responded. "What's up." "Your squad is needed at the VE main base. Get there asap." "Consider it done. I will radio my pilot to pick us up." "Good. See you there." Rizzit picked up a com-link. "AX-33. Come in AX-33. Are you there?" "I'm here sir. What can I do for you?" "Take the stormtrooper transport, and bring it to us. We have to leave for the VE main base." "Roger that sir. See you shortly." Rizzit put down the com-link, and called the rest of the squad on the com-link. He told them to meet him at the very end of the tunnel. They all needed to be together. They were needed elsewhere. Argon came up to Rizzit. "So you're leaving eh?" "Yea. We're needed back at the base. I'll see you around." "You were all a great help to us.....in more ways than you may realize. I will see you around I hope." "I'm sure. I enjoyed working with you. Good luck. Anytime you need help....you know where to reach me." "Yea. May the force be with you." "Same to you." As Rizzit and Argon finished saying their goodbyes, the stormtrooper transport arrived, and the squad filed in. Once everyone was seated, they took off for home.

-----------------------
Sargeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 18, 2002 9:28:17 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: I'm gonna wait for a DK post before I keep going, but just to let you guys know, it was great working with you  <"SALUTE"> We did pretty good, heck I think we're up to challenging some Chapter runons, and that's just with two squads(and a third poking in occasionally).  Once again, great runon, and I hope we get a chance to do it again  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 18, 2002 9:35:22 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
"Mission successful. Rebel HQ captured and virtually destroyed. Heavy enemy casualties...only minor injuries on our side. Four artillery batteries destroyed or damaged beyond repair and put out of commission. Slightly damaged transport vehicle--sniper bullet to the front windshield and a bit of the "wing" ripped off by artillery fire. Slicing attempts successful...a little too successful...they had minimal security despite the importance of the position they held; must go over it and look for clues as to why the datalink worked so flawlessly. Other than that, thats a wrap." Tycho logged out of his journal. Time to have a celebratory drink and try and find a date.

-----------------------
[email protected]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 19, 2002 1:23:02 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: Tycho, good luck finding a date in the middle of an empty base  ) Argon and Kuroishi soon had the artillery piece aimed properly, a transport had arrived and picked up the Raiders a couple minutes earlier. After destroying three buildings, the remaining Rebels surrendered to the little gray aliens. "Tycho this is Argon,"he said into his comm,"get over here on a speeder, we've got prisoners and I want the entire squad here in case of trouble." "Yes sir,"came the dejected reply. Argon and Kuroishi rode the artillery piece into the base and made an official gift of it to the leader of the little gray aliens. The leader appointed an official emmissary to the Vast Empire, opening diplomatic relations. Meanwhile, Tycho had arrived and, with the permission of the little gray aliens, they took one of the transports for use in transporting the officers they had captured. The emmissary went with them. Upon arrival back at the Scythe, Argon met with Fury while the rest of the squad headed in for drinks. "Well,"said Fury,"the reports are a little confusing here, can you give me a play by play account of what happened there?" "Well,"said Argon,"we started by setting up a base and running some recon on theirs.  The Jesters managed to disappear, and Fish used the DK to set up some defense.  Then, the enemy found us and started attacking in company stregnth with a platoon of vehicles backing that up." "Okay,"said Fury,"I figured that out from the reports I got, but from there it gets pretty screwy." "Well,"said Argon,"we retreated through a cave shown to us by a local, one of the little gray aliens, and managed to pull the DK back.  Once we did that, Kuroishi and I headed back in to help Drill Squad out since they were trapped against a large cliff." "All right,"said Fury,"that would explain the large loss of numbers they had." "At that point, both PaTrIcK and Tycho were wounded, but recovering,"continued Argon,"Kuroishi and I managed to take out the heavy tank and two of the light ones and pull the rest of Drill Squad out, but, by the time we got back, Jester Squad had left and Fish had retired." "That explains the screams for help that came,"commented Fury. "Exactly,"said Argon,"luckily, Raider Squad responded to it.  With their help, we managed to hit the base pretty hard and distract them long enough for the little gray aliens to flood over into the compound.  Unfortunately, Tycho had discovered an artillery battery nearby." "The one that he totalled his vehicle flying over,"said Fury. "That's the one,"said Argon,"Anyways, Jubei managed to take one out with explosives, so they were down to 4.  Kuroishi and I managed to get on board another one, and use it to destroy two of the others before it was destroyed.  With the help of the Raiders, we also took the last one, and used it to force the remaining Rebels to surrender." "Okay,"said Fury,"so what we've got is several officer prisoners, access to hundreds of enlisted prisoners, and a planet that wants to join us." "Sounds about right,"replied Argon. "All in all, good work,"said Fury,"we'll see what we can do about reward for you and your troops later.  Dismissed."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 19, 2002 7:57:26 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
OOC: well...an empty base...a hologram will have to do until we get back to civilization .

-----------------------
[email protected]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:38:34 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 134  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >