Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
  RE: Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming..
June 10, 2002 11:22:25 AM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
"What the hell is going on? Why isn't that link set up yet??," Tycho screamed silently. He slammed his fist down onto the console. "I can't do ANYTHING until they get that thing set up and running." He was fuming, but was forced to wait.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Tycho Celchu

Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
June 10, 2002 2:03:35 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei was just gettiung off the turbolift with 3d on the speeder bike, when the crackled call, "Drill squad....attacked...rebel forc....need assitance.." came through the comlink. "DAmnit," 3d said, "they found the dig site." "3d you go on ahead and find the others, im gonna go help the Drill, and an old friend. Take the speeder and get to rizz and TJ. then find shadow, strider, Dee and Otto. Get them to the dig site." Jubei said, Jubei pushed the speederbike out of the lift, removed all his weapons and then hit the button to send the turbolift back to ground floor. "Hold on stormie, helps comin, and its packin thermals" AS the lift hit the ground floor, Jubei ran out repeater blastin as Rebels were flooding  the hallway. "GET OUTTA MY WAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" Jubei screamed, he they 3 dets and they momnetarily cleared the hallway, just long enoug hfor Jubei to get outside. He felt a searing in his left arm, an saw that he had been shot in the hallway. With out stopping he took off his bandana and tide it over the wound, stemming the bleeding. He then pulled out his rocket launcher he filched from the armory, and ran to where the tunnel was located. What he found there was a mess. At least 3 new recruits he didn;t know were laying facedown outside, clearly dead. he ran into the tunnel and smack into the backs of rebel troopers, he turned on his heel, whipped out his repeater, then blasted away as he ran. With rebels in hot pursuit, he lead them away form the tunnel, and took down one after another. He felt the sting of a bolt graze his leg, and stumbled. as he fell he pulled out a det and tossed it into the rebel mass. *KABOOM* body parts went flying everywhere, but still there wer more troopers. Jubei got up pulled out the rocket launcher, adn unloaded it into the crowd. FInally, it was over. Jubei was bleeding from the arm and leg, and he taken another bolt in his left arm, rendering it useless. He tore some coth off a rebel bpdy and made a makeshift sling. THen ran back to the tunnel. What he found made him very proud. Stormie and the other drills were actually pushing the Rebel  forces out of the tunnel. Jubei ran in Repeater blazing, taking down trooper after trooper until the last few threw down their weapons in surrender. Stormie saw Jubei and immediately understood why hlaf the troopers had run out of the tunnel. "Thx Jub, we needed that, i have a medkit in here if you need to use it." "Sure stormie, but really quickly ok? I gotta go find the other Raiders. Here take these dets and use them to speed up the tunnel, we need it done quickly." Jubei replied. 10 minutes later, Jubei was all patched up and back into action...

-----------------------
§è®
gèånt Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî EMAIL: [email protected]
®ÅÎÐÈR§ §QÛÅÐ: Army of the  Vast Empire
Master of the "Way of the Juu"
TRP/SGT Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE/

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity."  -Maximus Decimus Meridious
"Die on your feet, not on your knees" -IH motto (ahhh the memories)
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 10, 2002 6:49:29 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
*Stormie and the rest of the Drill Sqaud look at there drilling equipment and sees that it has been totally destroyed by the Rebel Battle* Stormie: "Well...Looks like we will have to the Detonators that Jubei gave me.. *Stormie then has the rest of the Drill Sqaud take cover and he launches a det down the tunnel and hears an explosion and then sees debris flying everywere* *Lukas peeks up and sees that the hole punctured the wall and a cave was uncovered and Stormie takes a gander inside and sees a massive hidden pile of Blasters and Detonators* *The Drill Sqaud goes in and then takes all of the detonators and piles them at the end of the tunnel and they all are going to finish off the tunnel so then the Drill Sqaud takes all of there gear and runs over cover as they enter the hall Stormie shoots a bolt from his repeater and heres a massive Kaboom!* Stormie: "This is Stormie, We have finished our tunnel and are making our way out"

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
Private First Class
TRP/PFC Lukas Yuy/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  84
June 10, 2002 8:44:03 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
      Patrick watches Daishi arguing with the Antenna. "How hard could it be to set the thing up" Patrick thought to  himself.      {0oC: As much as I am posting Til I have some backup. Like Myrrdin or DAIshi or even Argon. Tycho we can't do this alone.}

-----------------------
TRP/SGT./PaTrIcK/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Member of the Dread Knight Squad.
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 10, 2002 8:50:47 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
OOC: You're right, we can't do this all by ourselves. But if we could, we wouldn't get pranked anymore, though. Tycho set his com gear to issue a very load and annoying sound once the datalink was established. He then leaned back, closed his eyes, and dozed a little bit--might as well catch up on some rest if he wasn't doing anything.

-----------------------
Corporal Tycho Celchu, Slicer
Dread Knights, Vast Empire's Stormtrooper Corps
Union Representative of the Dread Knights
[email protected]
AIM: Tycho987
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

June 10, 2002 10:13:45 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
        Patrick got tired of Waiting so he took his pistol and pointed it 2' above the glass  of the cockpit. At 300 yards away.. That should be easy Patrick thought. He pulled the trigger and a light Pop noise went off as the silencer did its job in keeping all the noise. The bullet hit its target getting stopped in the glass and making an awful loud noise inside the cockpit.                 Tycho woke up! "What the .."

-----------------------
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 11, 2002 9:44:22 AM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho had been rudely forced awake by the noise of a bullet entering the cockpit windshield. It penetrated only about a quarter of the way through. He scanned his surroundings using all the sensors...no unfriendlies. He looked out the window and saw a distant figure waving forward. He spoke, "Ya ya, I'm comin', I'm comin'." Tycho slapped on his tactical vest and quickly pulled his gear together. Once outside the vehicle, he slithered on his stomach towards the figure. "What was that for?"

-----------------------
[email protected]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
June 11, 2002 1:24:07 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi was a little miffed at his poor performance in the Dread Knight training session wit the Raiders.  It had been a traditon back to the Fallen Angels days to train against real opponents not computer simulated targets, it provided much better expierience. Kuroishi finished connecting the last wires of the reciever as Tycho made his way to thier position. "Right now that the three of us are here I guess we get to make the decisions of what to do next.  Argon caught wind of something and decided to go hunt it down.  I'll go into the command center through the window there.  Patrik, I want you to follow me up to the top and go in from the roof.  Tycho I want you to go in through below.  If all goes as planned we won't any opposition until we get inside the command center itself."  Kuroishi said as he grabbed a grapple rod. Tycho nodded his consent and made his way to his staging point. Patrik having no better suggestions followed Kuroishi to the base of the building. The building wasn't very tall but it would still hurt an awefull lot if someone fell from the roof. Tossing Patrik his spare grapple rod, Kuroishi fired his at the roof of the complex. "Third floor, enemy commanders, people to bring back alive, and people to burn out the new belt sander on.  Going up."  Kuroishi said as he realed in the line. Patrik a little disturbed by his companion followed in silent dismay. Kuroishi steadied himself on the ledge where he knew Tycho could see his signal. "Now."  Kuroishi said as he let Tycho have a head start over Patrick and himself. "Your trun to start your portion of my master scheme Patrik."  Kuroishiremarked as he watched Patrik open a hatch and go through. Kuroishi waited a few moments, timing was everything.  His armor was impressive but it wasn't completely invulnerable to damage, though it seemed that way when it came to blasters. Setting his double barrled blaster rifle to stun Kuroishi began his repel down the wall to the window. Jumping off exactly where he needed to be Kuroishi crashed thourgh the window and quickly disconnected his graple rod. Six guards and eight officers were in front of him. Kruoishi leveled his blaster and began firing.  Concentrating on mostly the officers Kuroishi was getting pelted by the guards. Patrik's and Tycho's fire joined his own and made short work of those still standing. "Good work gentlemen.  We may have to drag them out of here but we have prisoners now.  I'll secure the computers in here while you two start working out our route to the armory."  Kuroishi said as he began implementing some of Tycho's programs then locked down access to the computers.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
June 11, 2002 6:28:51 PM    View the profile of D-13 
"This is Stormie, We have finished our tunnel and are making our way out" Breathing a sigh of relive, Otto and Dee hacked and slashed their way out of the room. A rebel hit squad covered the exit, so Otto did his usual thing, blasted them into a million pieces and continued onward. "Rizz, we're coming your way.", said Dee. More rebel hit squads were on the way. Otto opened a door, saw a rebel squad coming, and shut it. Dee blew out the lock controls and said,"Can't get out that way. Muffled explosions came from the other side. "Otto, got your practice saber?" "Yeah, why? "Well, could you seal the door?" The room glowed a pinkish color as Otto ignited his lightsaber. He thrust the energy blade into the hinges....

-----------------------
TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA

Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 11, 2002 7:54:39 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho put the computers back on. "Just a second...one last program." A progress bar appeared. An eternal minute passed. The screen read "Upload Completed". Tycho executed the program. "This entire complex is now locked down except for one route--from here to the armory. We should find little or no resistance along the way. All doors locked with a special algorithm that would take me and a good computer an hour to crack. Lets go."

-----------------------
[email protected]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
June 11, 2002 8:30:20 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Dee and Otto were on their way to meet Rizzit and TJ, but they were side tracked. Seeing that Dee's keen sense of direction was so well in tune, they ended up in the reactor core. "Great Dee, look what you did now!" yelled Otto. "Well, soorryy! If you can do better, I would love to see you!" Dee returned. "Fine I will!"said Otto as he stormed out."Follow me." Meanwhile, Rizzit and `TJ were still having trouble fending off the Rebels. They figured, it would be best to head for the exit and when Otto and Dee joined up with them, they would have an easier time getting to the tunnel. "Otto, Dee, this is Rizzit. You there?"said Rizzit as he picked up the com-link. "Yes sir. We're here, but Otto got us lost."said Dee. "I DID NOT! YOU LEAD US DOWN HERE!" screamed Otto. "LISTEN! BOTH OF YOU!" Rizzit thundered. "I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHO'S FAULT IT WAS RIGHT NOW. WE ARE GOING TO HEAD FOR THE EXIT, MEET US THERE!" After yelling at the two, Rizzit turned off the com-link to allow them to argue in peace. "They'll never learn..."said Rizzit as he shook his head in disbelief.

-----------------------
Sargeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Strider
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  30
June 11, 2002 8:59:59 PM    View the profile of Strider 
Meanwhile, back outside, Strider and Shadow were both positioned on a ridge overlooking the compound. Shadow was looking through a pair of standard military issue electrobinoculars, and saw  the other Raiders members enter the compound. "You think maybe we ought to go and help them, Strider?" Shadow asked. "Sounds like a good plan to me, the question is how do we get around those soldiers without having one of us stay up here to pick them off." Strider replied. "Easy, we create a diversion. Watch this." Shadow pulled one of his Rykk blades set a thermal detonator to the "explode on impact" setting and threw it up then air, swatting it a good 300 feet or so down the ridge with the blade. A pleasing explosion followed within seconds that got the rebel guards at the door running toward it. "Go, we won't have more than 2 or 3 minutes before they catch up again." Shadow said. The two stormtroopers ran as fast as they could down the path, firing constantly to make  sure that if they were seen, they wouldn't be for long. Strider tried contacting Rizzit on the commlink. "Rizzit, this is Strider, do you copy? Shadow and I are coming to assist you." "Roger, Strider, acknowleged. Hurry up, we're getting a bit overwhelmed here." Rizzit said. "Acknowleged sir, on our way." Shadow and Strider just barely reached the compound door and snuk in before the rebels noticed them. Now they had to find their squad mates before it was too late.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Stefan "Strider" Ciorin
Trooper in the Vast Empire Army, brother of Oriana Ciorin Paan.
TRP/LCPL-Strider/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"It is well that war is so terrible, we should grow too fond of it"- Robert E. Lee
"In the end, humans are just another animal. The problem is, they evolved too quickly for their own good."-Anonymous
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined"-Henry David Thoreau
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
June 11, 2002 9:30:43 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
Shadow looked over at Strider and shrugged his shoulders. "What now?" "I don't know. I would try radioing Rizzit on the comlink again, but-" "-it would give away our position," Shadow finished for him. "Yeah, that." "Well, look - I created the diversion. Now you get us to the others." "I'm not sure that's a fair deal," Strider grumbled. "Life's not fair," Shadow replied. "If life's not fair, do you really expect battle to be?" "No, not really. I would just like things to go my way for once." "Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it?" Strider paused, looking either way down the split in the corridor before them. Finally, he nodded to himself, confirming his decision. "All right, we go right." "Are you sure?" Shadow questioned. "Uh, no, but one's as good as the other." "Always nice to see how much confidence you carry," Shadow responded. "Shut it." "Oh, sorry. I would never mean to offend." Strider gave the man next to him a hard stare. "Why is it that you never talk to anyone except Otto and me, and then it's only to make fun of us?" "Cos it's fun?" Shadow offered. "One of these days..." Strider mumbled, moving off toward the right.   ----------------------- TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM] Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited June 11, 2002 9:44:39 PM)]
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 12, 2002 12:51:40 AM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
OOC Strider, if u set the thermal to detonate on impact, would it not have detonated when you hit it with the rykk blade? good luck finding the rest of your body   Jubei ran as fast as he could back into the compund, just in time to hear the soft whine of a speeder bike coming toward him. Sure enough, it was 3d. "I heard that the rest of the squad made it outside, so i came out and was going to find you." 3d yelled over the whine of the engines. 'THX 3d, not letz get moving, their pinned down on the other side of the compound." Jubei said. "Rizzit, this is Jubei, i know you're pinned down, but were on our way with a little help. Jubei out.  OK lets go 3d."

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire

"God invented alcohol so the Irish wouldn't rule the world" -unknown
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

June 12, 2002 9:56:03 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
    Patrick* looked at the captured rebels. "What are we gonna do with them!?"he asked Kuroshi. " Take them back to HQ of course." was his answer. Patrick* sighed and shrugged. He walked out the main entrance of the HQ and came back into it. "Hey!", Patrick* came back really excited. " Why don't we use this things radio equipment to get us back to our good ol' Star Destroyer!? " Kuroshi stopped and thought about this. " Why not.. Tycho. Take the thingy madoojer outside back to HQ and tell them we have taken over the rebel HQ." Tycho had the usual dumb, but intelegent look on his face. He about faced and walked out to get into the "thingy madoojer"

-----------------------
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
June 13, 2002 12:44:42 AM    View the profile of D-13 
After 10 minutes of arguing, the two finally managed to get to the window and put on their rappel gear. Some more rebel soldiers popped up and began shooting. Dee pulled out his always-handy throwing knives. Otto just blasted them, and quickly. More hit squads appeared for D-13's blasting pleasure. Dee shot some in the head and jumped out the window. "Hey! Wait for me!" Otto fired some shots and jumped out also. The freefall was pretty short, but rebels were on every floor, trying to blast the two Raiders into oblivion. Luckily, they were descending too fast for the shots to connect. "Man, that was cool." "Ya know, for once, I agree with you." They reached the exit, where Rizzit was expecting one of them to be dead. Surprised, he led them off into the tunnels....   ----------------------- TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited June 13, 2002 12:51:26 AM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 13, 2002 1:44:17 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
As Jubei jumped on the speeder, 3D gunned outa there. "WAHHHOOOOOO!!!" Jed yelled, nearly causing Jubei to fall off.  Suddenly, two Rebel speeder's appeared behind them. "Uh Oh!" Jubei moaned. Meanwhile, Jed, still obsessed with flying, whizzed in between tree after tree.  Jubei grimaced and pulled a thermal out of his pocket.  Setting the timer fo .08 seconds, he hit the button and let it fly.  A searing explosion that desintegrated both Rebel speeders behind them, nearly caused Jed to rin into a tree. "WHOA!!" the3Djedi yelled, slowing down--a little. "Hehe!" Jubei chuckled turing his attention back to Jed's dangerous flying. "Hey, lets not die before we finish the mission, ok?" "Huh?" asked Jed, still confused about the explosion. "OHH!" Just missing another tree, Jubei yelled, "THAT!" "Oh, ok." said the3Djedi slowing down. "All you had to do was tell me." Jubei shook his head. "Lets just get to the exit." "Roger!" "DANG!" Rizzit yelled, staring at the huge rock that had fallen into their path. "Man, this is gonna take a while to get through." D-13 said. "Yeah...Hey, whats that?" Otto asked. The hum of a speeder bike came into earshot. "Oh Oh, its Rebel!" Rizzit said. "Get ready!" Otto pulled out a sniper rifle, and sighting the speeder, hit its main drive motor. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Jubei and the3Djedi yelled as their speeder started to corkscrew downward. "NO WAY!" Rizzit yelled. the3Djedi quickly pulled out a small grapple hook, and hooked it to his belt.  Jumping up, he shot the hook at the ceiling, grabbed Jubei, and held on for dear life.  BOOOOOM!!!!!!  The speeder bike rammed into the rock, and the3Djedi and Jubei swung down safely. "Whoaaa!!" the3Djedi yelled, as they hit the ground and rolled a few feet before coming to a stop. "Wow!" D-13 said, looking impressed. "Thanks!" Jubei said, gasping for breath. "I thought we were goners!" "Nice Jed, very nice." Rizzit commented. "But look!  Jed's nice trick opened up a hole in the rock!" "Well, lets go then!" TJ said, hoisting his gun on his back.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
June 13, 2002 6:59:53 PM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ examined the hole Jed's speeder had made. It would be a little tight, but not all that bad. With his saber in one hand and an E-11 in the other, TJ slowly made through his way through the tunnel. As the trooper neared the other end, he ignited his saber and let it lead the way...just in case he was met by the enemy on the other side. Just before he emerged, a blaster shot zinged from outside though it was quickly deflected harmlessy into the wall. Emerging, TJ let his gun loose, pegging half a dozen troopers as he came out. Finding cover, TJ radioed back to the others... "Rizzit, there's about 2 dozen rebels out here. I'll try and hold them. Over." "Right Teej, I'll be right out to help."

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel Toldar "TJ" Jamone
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
LoS/SG TJ/Eagle Sect/Sith//VE
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line. We are the Vast Empire Army!" - Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 13, 2002 8:51:16 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OOC: short, but I couldn't resist.  Thermal detonators... Rizzit started toward the hole. "Hey! Rizz!" Jubei called. "What?" he said, turning around. "Take these," Jubei tossed Rizzit a couple thermal detonators, "they might do the trick!" "Heh," Rizzit chuckled, "Maybe..."  He quickl walked toward the hole. "TJ! come on out!" "What?" said TJ, emerging from the hole. "Watch." Rizzit walked into the hole, and pulled out a thermal  Using the force, he manuvered the ball so that it was floating in the middle of the Rebels.  Throwing his voice, he said, "Hey, ever seen one of these?  It's too bad you won't get to see anymore." "Hey what is that thing?" a Rebel leaned forward.  Rizzit used the force and hit the detonation switch.  KKAAABBBOOOOMM!!  Grinning, Rizzit ducked out of the hole, which was now seeping out smoke and Rebel guts. "HAHA!" Otto laughed, "Good one!" "Well, lets get moving!"

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
June 14, 2002 12:07:56 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
At this time, Argon was two stories up from his squad, preoccupied with a chase of the one commander who had escaped them. She was a mind-numbingly beautiful woman if you happened to be human, but Argon wasn't. She was walking through a hallway and happened to look backwards. What she saw following her was a nightmare vision. A mass of fur three meters tall and powerfully built, carrying incredibly powerful weaponry and cruel blades over its entire body. With a shocked scream, she began running, but tripped over her own feet. She made it back up again and began running, only to find that a massive hand with five huge claws had firmly attached itself to her arm. She turned around and stared into its fearsome face. A mass of bone, it started wide at the top, and thinned out toward the bottom, ending in a widened portion with massive tusks protruding from beneath. "You're not going anywhere,"it announced in a deep rumble. She drew her gun, but her gun and hand were instantly engulfed in his other incredibly large hand. The cracking noise that followed came both from her hand and her weapon. Her scream echoed down the long hallways. "Let me go you demon freak,"she managed through clenched teeth. She was completely unprepared as it grasped her throat and lifted her to the level of its face. "Listen up,"it rumbled menacingly,"you're going to do exactly as I say, when I say it, and how I say it.  If I say jump, I want you ten feet up before asking how high.  And the reason your going to do this is because, no matter how hard what I tell you to do is, I can always do worse." She nodded dumbly, struck with a sudden fear that had never assaulted her in her career. She had always been the best at every combattive art, swordsmanship, marksmanship, and hand-to-hand combat. But now, she faced a being against which any of these arts would be completely useless, and it demolished any will to resist that she originally contained. "Good,"replied the beast,"now we're going to figure out what you're going to do." Dropping her unceremoniously to the ground where she lay gasping for breath and cradling her broken hand, it pulled out a comlink. "Stormie,"it said,"this is Argon.  Do you need the enemies in your area diverted?" "That would be nice,"came a voice from the comlink,"we're pretty much surrounded here." "Great,"said the beast whose name appeared to be Argon,"It'll be done in five minutes." Turning off the comlink, it returned its attention to her. Before she could react, it had taken a device from a pouch and had jabbed it into the muscle at the back of her neck. Biting back a scream, she clenched her teeth against the pain. "That,"it said,"is a homing device.  It is also a remote detonator, wired to explode if removed, tampered with, or,"he held up a remote,"triggered.  Divert the troops away from the besieged armory in five minutes, or they'll get to see the color of your blood." She stared in shock at the remote, fingering the device in her neck for a moment, then took off at a dead run for the area indicated. =========================================== "Kuroishi,"Argon called onto the comm once she was gone,"do you have a high ranking officer captured there?  Most likely a General, but not lower than a Lt. Colonel." "Nope,"replied Kuroishi,"nothing like that here." "Great,"replied Argon,"I'll go hunt him down.  Rizzit, you need any assistance with the enemies in your area?"

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 14, 2002 2:01:28 AM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei laughed heartily at Rizzits playful massacre of the Rebel troops. He then tried to shove his massive form into the hole, (see bio for dimensions) and squeezed and squeezed and squeezde until he barely made it through. 'Wow, i need to get off those metabolic enhancers." Jubei pronounced. Their pathway was clear, and Jubei now looked to his SL for orders, when a call came through on rizz's comlink. It was Argon: "Rizzit, you need any assistance with the enemies in your area?" came Argon's voice...

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire

Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
June 14, 2002 8:09:40 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
"No sir," Rizz laughed as he turned toward the pile of fallen Rebels, "I'd say we have it pretty much under control." Rizz flipped off the comm and turned to Otto who was smirking both at Rizz and at Jubei for his massive form not being able to fit through the hole. He was sill trying to get out. Otto finally stopped laughing and called on the Force to pull Jubei from his "prison". He flew from his spot and landed face first in front of Teej's feet. "Ow, thanks Otto." said Jubei   "No problem," he laughed, "Here's a tip, lose some wieght." "Sure thing sir." "Otto, Jubei, Shadow," said Rizzit "Set up a defence perimeter until Argon and the rest of the platoon gets here, Dee, Teej, Jed and I will go find a possible way to open a safe ruite for them to get here." With that, Rizz, Jed, Dee and Teej walked off to create a safe path from Argon's troops to the safe end of the tunnel.

-----------------------
Otto Vox
Army: Gunnery Sergeant
Dark Jedi Order: Journeyman
Platoon 1 Sqaud 3: Raiders (XO)
XO/TRP/JRN/CE/GSGT Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEDJ/VEEC/VE(LM)(ES)
TRN/JRN Otto Vox/Trainee 7/Training Sect/VEDJ
"War is full of evil and hate, I'm just here to end it. Then do the paper work."
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 14, 2002 2:22:53 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
OOC: Otto, I'm not fat, I'm big. Im like 6'5" and 225lbs, and im ripped as hell, just like real life...heheheh...football.... Jubei, Otto, and Shadow watched as Rizzit and his band of RAIDERS ran away. "Great. Why do we get stuck guarding a hole." Shadow asked "Think of it this way Shadow" Otto replied, "This way, we dont get shot at, and we dont get killed, nordo we have to killanyone." "Yeah, but thats half the fun." Jubei said. "I'm gonna go pick out a good sniper position to cover you guys, that ok Otto?" "Sure Jub, but don't go too far, we may need some dets if it gets hairy, but they'll have to come through that hole 1 by 1 so it should be easy pickings, don't know why they need 3 of us." Jubei ran off, looking for a nice outcropping or tree, and finally  he settled on  nice rock formation that gave him cover and a little gap to snipe from. He sat there and waited and waited and waited and waited...

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire

Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 14, 2002 9:27:47 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho strapped in and piloted the craft off. Something caught his eye, and instictively jinked. A laser blast a half meter thick shot past the windshield. "SITHSPIT!" He smashed down the comm button and alerted everyone, "I'm under attack while enroute to Delta Bravo Echo Niner. We've successfully taken Rebel HQ, not too much resistance. They've got some nice big field artillery set up about a half kilometer away from their main HQ at coordinates Charlie Foxtrot Whiskey, almost turned me into a liquid ball. Requesting some assistance, this is a personnel transport, not a warship."

-----------------------
[email protected]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 14, 2002 10:12:43 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"Hey Tycho,"said Argon into the comm,"these people aren't the POD, they work in numbers, not letters.  Stormtroopers, remember?" "Oh yeah,"came the response,"I remembered that...  Just as five heavy artillery shots almost burned me out of the sky!!!" "Don't worry about it,"said Argon, ignoring the PO'd response and mentally translating the old POD location system into the VE Stormtrooper map system,"the VE coordinates would be 13N, 512E.  Rizzit, you mind helping him out, we're trying to track ossifers down here.  Dai, get ready to head out after Tych once I've got that Colonel run down.  Pat, Myrr, you guys get to stay with the captives." To the sound of a collective groan from the two unlucky DKs, Argon continued his hunt for the Rebel Commander.   ----------------------- Argon Viper IW COL Argon Viper{ret} "History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn "How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper "Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited June 14, 2002 10:15:59 PM)]
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 14, 2002 10:23:48 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei heard the com transmission from Argon to Rizz about the field artillery, then he got on the com and said "Rizz, this is Jubei, listen, im not doing any good here, we haven't had a disturbance since you left, lemmie go take out that artillery. I can get there quickly. Then that frees you up to help out stormie. over" Jubei waited for the answer he hoped to get.

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
"We can't keep this up... I mean, one of us will surely end up dead...and thats the sensible thing to do, ISN'T IT? -Jubei Kipagami
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

June 14, 2002 11:49:17 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
The last blast had burned off a section of the craft. "Jeez...that was close." He flipped the comm. "Dropping marker beacon and visual flare to mark the location." As he flew over the seven meter long artillery pieces, he dropped both the beacon and a blindingly bright magnesium flare. "I've been a bit damaged. I'm returning to base as ordered to relay message."

-----------------------
[email protected]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

June 15, 2002 2:48:49 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon had found the General. He was almost to his hidden escape vehicle, located on the top of the building. Argon would have taken some time to toy with him, but Rizzit didn't need the help, and he needed to get to those artillery things soon. Instead of slowly hunting the man down, Argon simply walked in front of him. However, without warning, the General drew a concealed blaster pistol. Argon reached for it, but the man was able to press the trigger anyway. A blast slammed into Argon's side, incinerating a layer of fur, and mildly scorching the skin beneath. By that time, however, Argon had a firm grip on the man's hand and throat. Taking a short moment to crush the man's weapon, he proceeded to knock him out with a swift blow to the temple. =========================================== PaTrIcK, Myrrdin, and Kuroishi were standing, quite bored, with the prisoners, waiting to be given a new job. Without warning, Kuroishi suddenly dropped to a combat stance, aiming his rifle at where Argon had suddenly appeared, carrying a non-moving body. "Here's the Rebel Commander,"he said,"you guys try to convince him that his forces should be surrendered to us.  Kuroishi, with me.  We're going to take out that artillery stuff."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
June 15, 2002 2:51:15 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
Rizzit's voice came back over the comm. "Jubei, are you there?" "Yessir, still here and awaiting your orders." "I want you to take everyone there and go get that artillery. Except Shadow - leave him there as a sentry. I can't have you leaving the area completely vacant." "Roger that, sir." "Otto's in charge - remember that." "Of course. Jubei out." Otto laughed as the Sergeant turned the comm off. "Well, you managed to get us back into the battle. Nicely done." Shadow mumbled something under his breath. "Well, most of us," Otto replied. "Hey, don't feel bad, Shadow," Strider tried to reassure him. "Maybe something will happen around here eventually." "Fat chance," Jubei responded as he hoisted his blaster rifle. "Come on, guys, let's go," Otto ordered. "Be careful, Sergeant," he called to Shadow over his back. "Whatever," the darkly clad trooper muttered.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 15, 2002 9:17:02 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Otto lead Jubei and Strider out the hole and around to the heavy artillery out in the fields. What they found was a mess. at least 3 E-Web blasters, a LNR series 2 turbolaser, and a KDY-150 ion cannon. All of which were spewing fire at Tycho's shuttle. "OK," Otto said"Strider, you go find a nice spot and try to take out some of the E-Web gunners and some ground troops, Jubei, you and I will plant whats left of your thermals inside and around the heavy guns, near their power supplies. You set them, and I'll give you some cover. Got it?" "Yessir," Jubei and Strider answered. Strider ran off to get his 'perfect' spot, and Jubei and Otto waited until he told them he was ready. After receiving the com-click from Strider, Jubei and Otto ran out into the field, repeaters blazing. They had the element of surprise on their hands, plus the excellent cover of Strider, who already took out the E-Webs, and was working on field troops. Jubei put away his repeater, and ducked behind a turbolaser, pulling out 3 dets. He traced the power lines to a large generator a couple hundred yards away. It would take a lot more than the thermals to take it out though. "Otto, we need to commandeer one of these turbolaers, or get some more firepower in here, because thee wont take care of that power generator." Jubei screamed to Otto. Just then, they saw a familiar furry figure come raoring across the field. It was Argon, followed closely by Jubei's prank victim, Kuroishi. "Otto, do you still have your training saber?"Jubei asked "Yeah its right here." he replied. "Wanna cut me into one of those LNR 2's?" "Sure, no problem, but i dont know if they'll track low enough to take out that power generator, plus, you run the risk of killing everyone on the ground." Otto said "I wasn;t planning on doing that at all. I figured that if i could get inside, i could trigger a reaction to blow it sky high, or, i could backfeed the power from a blast to overload the generator, and send it sky high, disabling all these turrets at once." Jubei announced. "Nice plan, but it'll take feedback from more than one laser, I'll tske the KDY150, you take the LNR next to it, Agreed?" "sure thing, sir" Jubei replied. And they got to work.

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
"We can't keep this up... I mean, one of us will surely end up dead...and thats the sensible thing to do, ISN'T IT? -Jubei Kipagami
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:58:23 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 317  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >