Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul: The Sarek Stratagem

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Nazgul: The Sarek Stratagem
Ruwe
ComNet Initiate

Ruwe

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  154
Total Posts:  316
  RE: Nazgul: The Sarek Stratagem
December 15, 2009 10:19:07 PM    View the profile of Ruwe 
Ruwe looked out the view port to the ever increasing plant that was rearing up ahead. It was still a good distance away but already it was taking up most of the small viewport there was. They were making good time over the dunes and so far there wasn’t any following them from the military compound. Yet. Ruwe made a quick systems check with the locator system. They were still a good five minutes from the outskirts of the plant at least. “[Eh Rocket. I’m going to take a quick stock of our gear and weaponry. Mind taking over the controls for a minute?]”

“Yeah not a problem Ruwe.” Rocket quickly sat into the seat and easily took over the controls without a hitch. Now let’s see what we have for an invasion of the capital city of Sarek. Ruwe looked about and made his mental notes and calculations. Three DL-44 pistols, with an extra power pack each. Only good for a small firefight. An E-11 light blaster rifle, decent for taking out a small platoon and a bit. Probably a few grenades, might clear a building with those.  Some small melee weapons, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to hand-to-hand combat. We’re just not prepared to take out such a big operation. Ruwe sighed in vexation at himself. There was no way that Nazgul luck could hold out that long. As it was standing right now their luck wasn’t the best.

Ruwe started rummaging through the rucksack he brought. Hoping there was something in there that could help them other than just food. Feeling his way to the bottom there was nothing. Ruwe let out a small growl of frustration. Taking a quick couple of breaths to control his anger that was starting to boil, he listened to everything that was surrounding him. The hum of the engines, the slight coughing the engine made when it went over a rather large dune, the slight squeal of the controls as they were being moved around. It seemed he was listening just a little to intensely though, as Rocket called out quite excitedly, “Hunter look over there! It’s a crash crater!” Ruwe jumped up, spooked slightly at the loud outburst. Whacking his head off the ceiling, he ducked back down quickly and rubbed his smarting head. Kriffing blood-sucking Katarns that hurt!

Ruwe slipped back into the cockpit grumbling something quite unintelligible, even to himself. “[What’s all the commotion about Rocket?]” Ruwe crouched down on the balls of his feet. Even being lower like this the plant still took up most of the vertical section of the viewport. A lot bigger than I recall.

Rocket pointed off to the right of the plant. “There’s a crash crater from a ship over there. It’s heading is right into that junkyard too. Call me crazy for it, but I think going through that junkyard would also be our best possible chances of getting into that plant unhindered.”

Ruwe looked at Hunter. “[He does have a point. I’ve been in there and all there is, are some old low level security droids, a few scrapper droids, and some very big rodents. There is a small security fence at the entrance between the plant and the junkyard, but that can easily be passed by just hopping on a scrapper droid. There’s no personnel guarding the entrance.]”

Ruwe watched as the calculations whizzed by in Hunter’s eyes. “You two have got to stop making all the plans. I’m supposed to be the SC here.” Hunter gave a rye smile at that. “But on the other hand it makes my job a bit easier and it saves my brain for the big game. Alright then. Rocket set us a course for the crash crater. Ruwe you get on top of this ramshackle transport and have your rifle out. I don’t want us going in to possible enemy territory and getting caught with our skirts around our ankles and our thumbs in our mouths.” All three chuckled at the statement before Hunter continued. “We only have about two minutes before we get there. So Ruwe get your hairy ass up there. Rocket be ready for evasive maneuvers, and be ready to also repel any attacks that get through the fur ball here. I won’t be much good with this leg. But I still have a good trigger finger.”

Ruwe and Rocket both nodded heads at Hunter. Ruwe turned and headed for his rifle in the troop bay. Picking it up he checked the safety and the small scope he had on it. Satisfied it wouldn’t blow a hole in his foot he slung the weapon on to his back. Opening up the side hatch he looked down to see the dunes whizzing by underneath the transport. I had better not fall off of this thing otherwise I’m going to shove my foot up each of their asses. Reaching up to a small rack he hoisted himself up onto the roof. Moving to the front he got down into a prone position and set himself up into a marksman stance. Ruwe carefully sighted down the scope towards the junkyard. One of his hidden talents that few knew was that he was more than handy with a rifle in his hands.

Picking up a security droid right away, he took a breath in and held it. Letting the feel of the transport beneath him carry the droid into his sights. The droids head drifted slowly into his cross hairs. Squeezing the trigger, the rifle discharged and the droids head was cleanly removed from it’s body. Ruwe let the breathe he had been holding slowly out. Thankfully that was the only one guarding this entrance into the junkyard. The transport slowed down as it made its way into the start of the junkyard. Walls seemingly built of nothing but scrap metal reared up thirty feet high on all sides of them. Ruwe thumbed his comm link on. “[Well at least we have short range frequency between us. Rocket, Hunter, just whatever you do, don’t stop for one second. Remember I’m the one out here with no cover.]”

hunter was the one that answered for the both of them. “Copy that fur ball. We’ll keep moving if you keep the droids off of us. We should be coming up on the downed fighter any second. It went through that scrap wall we just passed by. We’re coming around it now so be prepared.”

“[Copy that Hunter.]” Ruwe steadied himself and eased the rifle in the direction they were turning. Ruwe wasn’t exactly sure what he would see, but he didn’t expect what there was. The fighter was there, cockpit intact. But along with the fighter were about seven scrapper droids, some old protocol droids, and at first Ruwe wasn’t sure what the last was as it was on top of the cockpit crouched down over the exit hatch. As it turned around to them though, Ruwe knew it was a friendly from the flight suit he was sporting. Thank god it’s a Nazgul fly boy. But why is he trying to get back into the craft?

Ruwe didn’t have time to think though. The man must have thought they were hostile, because he immediately started firing at them with his pistol. Ruwe rolled off the opposite side of the transport and hit the ground. He thumbed his comm again. “[Hunter I don’t know what it is about me but so far all of our fly boys keep shooting at me. Your going to have to get out of this thing and convince him that I’m on your side.]”

“Roger that Ruwe. I’m attempting to get a short wave frequency to him. There’s something jamming our flight frequency.” A short pause in the comm was all he heard before Hunter jumped back. “Nothing Ruwe. Just stay where you are. I’m hopping out.”

Ruwe listened as the opposite door hissed open. Feet only hit the ground for all of three seconds and he could here Hunter’s yelling. “Just why the hell are you firing at your SC you dolt? Stand down pilot, we’re here to get you out of here.” Ruwe waited for something to be shouted back but nothing was. Hunter clicked in over the comm though loud enough. “Good work fur ball. He’s one of ours all right. Hop back on, we’re going to go pick him up.”

“[Copy that.]” Ruwe did a small hop and climbed back on the roof. This time though he just remained standing and had his rifle looped in his arms. The transport did a small lurch forward and they made there way the last fifty meters to the fighter and the pilot. “[You sure he ain’t going to shoot me Hunter? He looks like he’s about to right now.]”

“He won’t shoot you Ruwe. Seems like I might have opened my own mouth a bit wide as it is. That’s one of our retirees that got pulled back into action. His name’s Will. Just sit tight though. I’ll deal with him for now.”

Hunter hopped out of the transport again and made his way to Will. Ruwe couldn’t hear what they said over all of the droning noises that the droids were making but he imagined it was quite serious talk. There was a lot of pointing and hand motions going on. Hunter thumbed his comm link and spoke again. “Okay you two. Seems we have a pilot stuck in here. Ruwe you should remember DR. We need to get him out of there. Seems Will recruited these scrapper droids into helping him. Seems he knows how to be diplomatic with even with droids.”

Ruwe and Rocket both keyed there comm links in confirmation. Ruwe hopped off the transport and made his way to the fighter. “[So what’s the status Will?]”

Will eyed Ruwe up and down really quickly doing one of those calculating looks. “Well my wingman DR and I were both shot down over this here junkyard. I only just found him myself. He was buried under about a tonne of scrap metal. That’s why I gathered these scrapper droids up. To get rid of all the hard work. Now the only problem is, is the exit hatch seems to have welded itself shut from the impact.”

“[That would be a problem. How come you didn’t just get one of the scrapper droids to just torch the hatch open?]”

Will paused for a minute. It sounded like he muttered something about being as dumb as a Rancor in mating season. “Good point. Ruwe is it? Get the one with the turquoise paint up here. It seems to be the most upgraded version.”

“[Aye sir.]” Ruwe hopped down and grabbed the mentioned droid and brought it to the ship. Will opened up the access panel and typed a few things on the key pad. Instantly the droid deployed its torch and started away at the welded hatch. It was only about a minute later and the last part was torched off. Ruwe stepped forward first after the droid moved and heaved on the hatch. It gave a groan at the sudden pressure of being pulled on, and then it gave and the hatch was open. Ruwe looked into the hatch to see a very bored DR looking up at him. It took a quick second before realization of who Ruwe was dawned on him. “[Hey DR. Remember me?]”

OOC:
1921 words. I left the end like this for whoever to continue on with.
FM/SCRW Ruwe/B-3/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(MC:2)(=*A*=)
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  3914
Total Posts:  4599
December 17, 2009 3:21:04 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
The sun glowed brightly over the desert planet, but no warmth came from it, at least not in Will’s opinion. What the hell have I done… first day back on the job and my wingman’s already stuck under a pile of scrap. And worse yet, I have no clue if he’s dead or alive. Will looked up at the small pile, relatively speaking compared to the others, that had collected after the pod came to a rest at the foot of the larger mound of metal. Apparently, the pod had skidded down the side of the mountain of scrap, and caused an avalanche affect, causing other pieces of scrap to fall along in its wake. The pieces ended up piling on top of the pod after it came to a stop at the foot of the slope. Maybe I should be glad it didn’t get skewed on one of many sticks like a meatball. Well… how to get him out of there. He started to clear away a few pieces, then realized it was going to take forever by himself. Going over to the viewport, or where he thought the viewport should be, he shoved away a piece, and revealed a corner of it. Peering inside, Will was able to barely make out the silhouette of a man inside, unconscious. The glare of the back light prevented him from seeing any detail. Okay, so he’s in there. Now, to get him out.

“Dee-Ar, do you copy?” Will keyed his comm. No reply. He repeated the statement into the comm. Once again, the only reply he received from the other side was static. Damned thing’s either broken, or my comm is broken.

Twisting the frequencies a bit, Will adjusted to an alternate one used by Nazgul. “This is Nazgul five. Does anyone copy?” Without knowing who might be listening in on the comm frequencies, Will was stuck using his flight number. “I repeat, this is Nazgul five. Nazgul one, come in. Nazgul eleven? Twelve? Anyone?”

Nothing.

Okay, so I know the problem is on my end. Either that… or everyone else’s is broken, which I seriously, and highly, doubt. Yea, there’s no way Shazam’s or Arturo’s would be broken… right? Unless they got theirs taken away somehow, which is not entirely impossible at this point. And then there’s the case with Hunter… He looked like he had a pretty smooth landing… So his should be working right? Well, apparently not. Alright I’m convinced. I’m not at fault here, all theirs are broken. Soooo, not my fault. Will collected his thoughts, then tucked the comm back into a pocket. Now, back to the task at hand, to get DR out of there…

Will turned to the left, nope, no friendlies that way; to the right, no friends that way either, except some droids. Walking up to one, Will said, “Hello there.” The droid turned around, then turned back to its work. Ouch, that hurt. I was just ignored by a droid… a Droid! Will sighed, then started to head back to his own pod. Maybe that droid I accidentally shot, will of some assistance. Standing over the limp body of the droid, Will looked at it, then at the head. Which piece am I supposed to prod? The head or the body? Heck, don’t have the time, I’ll do both. Fortunately, the extra energy had already dissipated from the body, and the droid “woke” from the prodding.

“Oh, it’s you again. Thank you. What happened?” the protocol droid asked innocently.

“Um, I’m not sure, I think my weapon misfired. It must’ve been damaged from the crash. Listen, I was wondering if you’d be able to give me a hand…”

“I am sorry, you are not my master.”

“Yes, but aren’t you a protocol droid? Isn’t it your mandate to help others? Besides, I saved your butt back there. I could’ve just left you to be scraped like everything else here, but noooo, I risked my neck to help you.” Not to mention half the things I just said were lies.

“I see. In that case…”

“Yeah, what do you say, my friend?” Will finished the sentence with a extra cheerful note, hoping the droid bought it.

“I shall help you this once…”

“Great. Here, let me carry that for ya. Must be hard to walk without a head.” Will said as he picked up the droid’s head and proceeded back to DR’s crashed pod.

Once at the crash site, the droid looked at the pile, from Will’s hands, and said, “that is what you need help with.”

“Yep.”

“Come, we will need help…”

With the help of a few more scrapper droids, or rather just the scrapper droids, they were able to clear off the wreckage of the fighter fairly fast. Not that he had a sense of time in any reference. To Will, just sitting there on the side, watching, waiting, as piece by piece the debris were moved away in front of him, became agonizingly slow moments of his life. To him, they seemed to move in slow motion, while his thoughts raced ahead, and through the infinite number of scenarios and outcomes that had occurred, occurring, and could occur that day.

Will made periodical checks around the pod, to make sure there weren’t any structural damages that could, somehow, blow it up or something. On one pass, he noticed that the man inside stirred a bit. After bashing a metal stick against the hull a couple of times, the ringing must’ve gotten to him. The pilot waved his arms around frantically trying to stop the sound, but was unable to move his body due to the safety straps that still held him to the seat, unfortunately. He did, however, manage to unbuckle himself from the harness. After the first few seconds, they both realized there was no way for them to communicate with one another; the pod was completely soundproof. Will tried to make some hand gestures that meant to say he’s going to get him out… DR didn’t get it, and Will gave up trying to talk to, for all he was concerned, a deaf person, and went back to working on the issue on hand.

Will was caught off guard when the transport pulled up behind him. The busy sounds of the junk yard had completely drowned out the hum of the vehicle until it came to a complete stop behind him with a distinct change in the sound output. Honestly, he didn’t expect company. And Will hated surprises. For all he knew, the rest of Nazgul, excluding DR, were either KIA or MIA, and will remain that way until he can somehow reestablish communications with them.

When Will noticed the sound, or lack of, behind him, the first reaction was to turn around to confront the new arrivals. The first thing he saw a big furry ball of a Wookiee on a roof, and he did not recall taking off, or arriving at Sarek with a Wookiee as a squadron mate. It was a no brainer for him to come to the conclusion that, with the Imperial vehicle, these guys were from the local Imperial Outpost. So his second reaction was… shoot it. With a practiced smoothness that only professional smugglers, and those who dealt in the company of, possessed, Will drew his dual blasters from the side, even from his crouched position above the pod, and squeezed off two shots from each pistol before the Wookiee roll off the other side of the roof, out of view. Noting his exposed position above the pod, Will, too, jumped off the top with ease, and proceeded to reload his blasters.

He heard another hatch open on the vehicle, and prepped himself to be shot at. To his surprise, it was Hunter that stood next to the door, yelling at him to stand down. Will didn’t reply. He took a peek around the corner, and then exhaled. It was Hunter alright.

After he walked over to Will, Will said, “It’s good to see that you haven’t died on me yet. Thought you were a goner when you didn’t reply to my attempt at communication.”

“Yeah, there seems to be some sort of jamming going on here. I can’t reach anyone else either. Want to give me a sit-rep?”

Will looked at the Warrant Officer for a sec, then said, “As you probably guessed, I crashed over here in the junkyard, so far, it’s provided pretty good cover for me from any wandering eyes. I befriended a droid, and we are currently in the process of trying to get DR, here, out of his stupid pod. The hatch is stuck.” Will finished is quick report, and then chanced, “What about your side?”

“Like you, I crash landed, took out a couple bastards with me on the way down. Heh. Ran into Ruwe here, Petty Officer, ex-Nazgul. Went MIA a couple missions back. We went and jacked a transport from our neighborhood friendly Imperial Outpost. And picked up Rocket along the way here.”

“Well, first things first, we should get DR out of there. He could be running out of air any time now.”

After Ruwe got DR out, at Will’s expense of his inability to effectively process thoughts at the moments immediately prior to their arrival, they all took a seat on the inside of the vehicle.

“So, Hunter, what’s our course of action now?” Will asked.

“Well.” He said, pondering for a moment before continuing on as if it was the first time he had thought about the current situation. “Our mission is most likely all shot to hell now. Not only did we fail to complete the mission, we’ve got ourselves into quite a bind, actually a number of binds. I have no idea where the rest of my squadron is, save for you guys. So we’ll have to find them. But we have no means of getting a message to them. And on top of it all, we have no way to getting off this God forsaken planet. Just about everyone’s ships have either crashed, or blown up. So to sum it all up, we’re pretty screwed.”

Will scratched his chin, then concluded, “yep, sounds about right. But you haven’t answered my question.”

“I guess the ultimate goal here, for us at this point, would be to get off the planet. But before we do that, we’ll need to regroup with everyone else. So our best bet would be to head into the city. And the only way for us to get there, is through the processing plant. But we can’t do that without first establishing some sort of communication with them. If we’re lucky, they will all have found each other in the city; if not, they’re all scattered to hell like we were a while ago. “

“Now, you said there’s some sort of jamming going on here, since neither yours nor mine works. Truth be told, I almost thought of just chucking it. Didn’t even think of the possibility that it might not have been broken after all. So, I’m guessing that’s our primary goal right now. You guys have any idea how to proceed and how we’re doing on weaponry?”

“We don’t have much in sense of weapon or ammo. So far, you are probably the heaviest armed here. The rest of us have a couple of DL-44s and a couple of E-11s to go around. And as for directions, Ruwe probably knows best. He’s been living out here for a while, so he knows his way around pretty well.”

“Alright, let’s go. I’ll take point. Rocket, you bring up the rear. We’ll have to collect ammo and weapon along the way. Although I hope we won’t have to. For everyone’s sake. ” Will said to everyone while preparing to get up.

“I thought I was the SC here, why are you taking point?”

“You want to stick your head out there first? Be my guest.”

“Maybe later.”

The group of humans exited the vehicle that was now parked to the side of the loading bay to the plant, and moved on on foot, with a Wookiee that stuck out like a sore thumb. The loading bay was quite large, about the size of a hanger bay at least, from what Will could tell. Rails lead from outside to the insides of the complex, where the material that were carried on the carts would obviously be processed. The problem was, the entire opening was protected by some kind of force field. And as far as Will could see, the only things allowed in were the carts.

“Shouldn’t we move in smaller groups? I mean, five is a pretty large group, easy to be detected right? A smaller group can go in, get whatever done, then come back out. The rest can sit and watch their backs.” Hunter piped up.

“Yeah, and who’s gonna come get you when we exit on the other side of the plant? Not to mention the squadron is already pretty damned split up. We’re moving as a team, together, and that’s the end of it. Not trying to undermine your authority as the commander here Hunter. But you’re not exactly thinking clearly in my opinion. Ruwe, you think we can slip in somehow using the rail system?”

“[Yeah, but there’s another scanner not far into the plant. It detects what kind of materials are in the carts then directs the cart to the appropriate dumpster. It’s best if we don’t have to go through it.]”

“What if we do?”

“[Trust me, you don’t.]”

“Alright, then how much time do we have until the cart goes through the second screen?”

“[Twenty seconds? Maybe thirty? I’ve never needed that much time to get off the cart.]”

“Right. We’ll split into two groups for this. The carts will likely be semi full, so I doubt all five of us will fit into a cart together. DR, Rocket, with me. Hunter, go with Ruwe. You’re up first. Look sharp guys, once through the first barrier we got twenty seconds to clear the cart. Unless you want something very unpleasant to happen to you. Move out. Keep close to me.”

Will moved along the wall with DR and Rocket close behind him. When the next cart approached, they sprinted to it, and then pulled themselves into the cart. Going through the magnetic barriers never used to concern Will. He did it all the time, going in and out of the hanger bays in a fighter. But this, this was something new. And he wasn’t sure it was 100% safe. Plus there’s the uncertainty that something might go very wrong. As the cart sailed through the barrier, Will had a slight feeling, a six sense, as an image of his insides all lined up and then were distorted by the barrier. Without looking, he closed his eyes and jumped out. His feet hit the ground slight later than anticipated, and his knees buckled out of reflex, and pushed himself into a roll.

“Well, that wasn’t too bad.” Will shook off the fall lightly and looked around. Hunter was rubbing an elbow, while DR was busy getting out of the way from the next incoming cart. Ruwe was already on his knees securing the perimeter.

“Damned thing singed my flight suit.” Hunter whined.

“Everybody in one piece? Good, let’s go.” Will asked without expecting an answer, and as a joke directed at Hunter, who he guess couldn’t feel an arm at the minute. “Ruwe, you know where we might find said jamming device?”

OOC:
WC: 2608
-(William the Conquerer)-
Ex Ship Captain of Tiamut
King of PPC 17,000 clicks and counting
"Have to trust someone to be betrayed. I never did." - Cpt John Price
SC/1LT Willtconq/A-1/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=)(=^MA^=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][SWC][LSM][CBV][NC]
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited December 17, 2009 3:22:21 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited December 17, 2009 3:22:57 PM)]
Rocketman1167
ComNet Initiate

Rocketman1167

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  170
Total Posts:  533
December 18, 2009 11:21:25 AM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
During his walk through the desert Rocket had a lot of time to think, of all the things that had happened to him since he had joined the Vast Empire. Well this kind of sucks I am on a plant that not under our total control, and for all I know I could be the only one let alive in this godforsaken place, get it together man you still have a mission to complete even if the others are dead there is still a garrison here maybe they can help me figure out what I need to do to get the mission done. Speaking of the city how close am I to their.

The buildings that were in the distance where close enough for Rocket to make out features so that he could tell what it was he found out that it was a junkyard with smoke leading out of it. Hey a crash site maybe it’s someone from the squadron. With a new sense of hope Rocket picks up his pace and gets ready to go over a hill when he notices a transport sitting at the bottom of the hill, and instantly gets down so that they would not see him. Okay got to think they could be friendly’s or they could be enemy's there is only one thing to do in a situation like this. With that Rocket pulls his gun and gets up and points his gun at the two people which he notices that one of them is standing on top of the other with his gun pointed at the head of the one on the ground. Maybe they got into an argument I could use this to my advantage to get some help.

As he started running down he says “This is Petty Officer Second Class Rocket of the Vast Empire. Don’t move, as you will be shot and taken under custody of the Vast Empire and detained as a Galactic War Criminal.”

The figure replied back “Warrant Officer Second Class Hunter-Morrell of the Vast Empire. Stand down Rocket. It’s just me and an old friend. It’s about damn time you got here though. We’ve been waiting a good five minutes here for you.” Hunter smiled and chuckled at his own small joke. What the hell Hunter no it can’t be but just in case of all the people to meet first I meet the SC wow that’s great at least I will know what the frak to do if it is him. Rocket continued down the dune keeping his weapon point at the person that was standing at shoulder height but it was still pointed in their general direction. It wasn’t until he clearly recognized Hunter’s face that he fully lowered the pistol to his side.

“Thank the Force it’s you and not some of these upstart Sarekians. Whose the Wookiee?”

“[I am Senior Crewman Ruwacca of the Vast Empire. You probably don’t remember me as I was only with Nazgul for a short time. Anyways we’ll have more time later to share stories and what not.]” Ruwe nodded to Rocket before he looked at Hunter. “[Hunter? What’s our plan of action?]”

Rocket looked a bit taken aback as he registered who Ruwe was. So Stormz is not the only Wookiee in the Navy maybe that break I took to go look for my dad was not such a great idea, maybe I should have waited oh well what is done is done now all I have to do is stay alive till the mission gets done and then I can relax. Hunter gave him a small look before continuing on with their next plan of action.

“What we need to do is get to that plant first. I’m not one hundred percent sure but I think I saw two TIE’s crash land over in that general direction as well. What we need to do is regroup with them and get as many of Nazgul back together as we can. From there we can figure out what we can do.”Ruwe and Rocket both nodded their heads in confirmation. “So? What are you two waiting for? Get in the transport already and let’s get out of here!”

Helping Hunter down they climbed into the RTT and set off for the processing plant just a few more clicks north. Not much was said as they all knew that things were definitely not going the way they should. Well it could be worse I could still be wondering the desert alone at least I have two more to help with whatever happens.

OOC:
776 words This is just to get caught up with.
There are many aspects of the Force we have no knowledge of. The subject still requires further research and study.

FM/PO2 Rocketman/A-2/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(MC1)(NSR:H)(NT:H)(BWC)(NSR:1)(=A=)

Rocketman's VE Profile:http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rocketman
Ruwe
ComNet Initiate

Ruwe

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  163
December 20, 2009 11:00:21 PM    View the profile of Ruwe 
Ruwe had gone along with Will’s plan for the last while without question. It wasn’t that Ruwe didn’t have any plans himself, but he figured it would be better if someone else took the reins for a bit and he would be the informant. Ruwe had been into the plant more than a few times since he had been on Sarek. So far Will had done everything Ruwe had done to get into the plant. Minus the one small excursion where he accidentally banged his head off of a beam and ended up past the second barrier. That would have made a real mess of me if I hadn’t recovered quickly. Thank the Force.

Ruwe snapped back to the current situation with a shiver. Those kind of thoughts were what made most end up dead. Ruwe hopped out of the cart with ease and was already in a crouched position with his rifle up. Sweeping left and right with barrel he made sure there was no security droids. Perimeter secured. For the moment at least. Ruwe looked through the barrier they had just came through. So far no security droids, no alarms, nothing. Ruwe heard a few mumbles and complaints about the barrier. Personally himself, he didn’t feel a thing.

Will spoke up quickly enough for their next objective. “Ruwe, you know where we might find said jamming device?”

Ruwe paused for a minute. He did recall on one of his excursions that there was an operations center of a sort. “[There’s an ops center about a click and a half in once we get through this part of the plant. There’s two more doors before we get to that point though. Some minimum security, a few easily by-passable motion cameras, and a door with clearance on it. The ops center could be where the jamming device is, it might not. It’s the only thing that looks like it could be, seeing as there is an uplink dish of a sort nearby as well.]”

Will looked about at everyone first before he said anything. “Everyone seems fine. You know the way though Ruwe. So I think you should take point on this and get us to that ops center. Until we get there, you call the shots. You’re a helluva lot more familiar with this place than we are.”

Ruwe let out a small breath. Not everyday you get a lieutenant giving you the chance to call all of the shots. Ruwe nodded at Will before laying out his plan. “[Aye sir. There’s an access panel right here that leads into the facilities. It’s a bit of a tight for me but otherwise accessible enough.]” Ruwe walked over to the panel and quickly ripped it out. “[Since we ain’t coming back through here, there’s no need to keep things pretty.]” Ruwe slid through the gap head first. He had to wiggle a little bit to get all the way through. After the last of himself squeezed through, he quickly turned the forward motion into a quick roll, and came up in kneeled position with rifle up.

The walls were slightly rusted as everything else in the plant seemed to be. Ruwe crouched walked along the right side of the hall. Will was the second to come through the access hatch. Ruwe motioned for him to take the opposite side of the hall. Moving to the end of the hall, they checked opposite corners. They both motioned that each others corner was all clear. Ruwe looked back at the access hatch. The rest were all through and were waiting silently. Ruwe motioned them all up to his position. Barely above a whisper he spoke to them all, “[All clear. We need to fan out along the hallways. Will and I will take point. Hunter, you’ll be next along then DR and rocket. DR and Rocket, you two will cover our rear. All of you check your corners, even after we have. Cameras are all focused in the direction we are going and not where we’re coming from so we can easily take them out. If you spot security droids fall back a corner before you take it out. That way the cameras won’t see anything.]”

Everyone nodded heads with some more serious and solemn expressions. Seems things are getting quite a lot more serious now. Their lives depend on my accurate intel and their own Nazgul luck. It should hold out a little bit longer at least. Ruwe nodded to them all and slipped around the corner. Quickly moving up the hallway, he and Will both checked each others corner. All clear was given. Ruwe easily reached up and disabled the cameras on both corners. Another quick nod and Will slipped around the corner. Will stopped short in the hallway and pointed at another camera watching a wide set of doors with windows at the end of the hallway. Door number one. Ruwe disabled the camera as well here.

Reaching the doors, Will and himself ducked just under the windows. Looking back he checked on the rest. Hunter was in cover of a doorway, DR was on the left side of the hall watching the hall they came from, and Rocket was in a doorway on the right side watching the opposite end of the hall they were in. Ruwe peaked through the window. One security droid, two cameras, and door number two. Ruwe made a few hand signals to Will in hopes he would understand. He nodded all the same even if he wasn’t quite sure. Ruwe opened the door and silently padded forward. Luckily the droid was behind the cameras and also facing the other way. Grabbing his Ryyk ceremonial blade he quickly dispensed of the droid with a swift cutting motion. Picking up both parts he moved them to the side of the hallway. Disabling the cameras he motioned with his hand. Moving to the next set of doors he waited for Will and Hunter to join him. DR and Rocket both watched through the other door as Will and Hunter joined Ruwe.

“[Okay so this is the last door. The last time I went through here there wasn’t anything guarding the doors but I have a feeling that they will this time. After we get through here though there’s an immediate left. There’s a small alleyway along this building and a bunch of other buildings about twenty feet away. We need to get in there as quick as possible. There’s a patrol that comes by every three minutes. The next one comes by in about a minute. As soon as it passes we need to dispose of anything guarding the doors. After, we go down the alleyway about four buildings, which then we get to the ops center.]”

Will and Hunter both nodded in confirmation. Hunter spoke up, “What happens when we get to the ops center then?”

Ruwe gave him a slightly tired look. “[Not much time for that right now. We need to get into that alleyway first. Then I’ll explain more as we get closer. These buildings ain’t small by any means.]” Hunter got a bit of a sour look on his face from the answer but ended up not saying anything. Will looked to be in pain from holding in a smile or something of the sort. I hope that doesn’t earn me a tongue lashing later on. “[Twenty seconds guys. Remember I’m not sure if there is anything so be ready for anything.]” All three of them readied themselves mentally and physically for whatever was on the other side of the doors.

OOC:
Slightly lacking in quantity this post but just a little bit busy lately. But it leaves off something for hunter or willt to go with. 1277 words.
Rocketman1167
ComNet Initiate

Rocketman1167

Post Number:  177
Total Posts:  533
December 24, 2009 2:28:39 PM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
After driving the transport for a while Rocket sees a crash site he calls out to Hunter saying “Hunter look over there! It’s a crash crater!” Ruwe slipped back into the cockpit grumbling something quite unintelligible, [What’s all the commotion about Rocket?]” Ruwe crouched down on the balls of his feet. Even being lower like this the plant still took up most of the vertical section of the viewport. Rocket pointed off to the right of the plant. “There’s a crash crater from a ship over there. It’s heading is right into that junkyard too. Call me crazy for it, but I think going through that junkyard would also be our best possible chances of getting into that plant unhindered.” Ruwe looked at Hunter. “[He does have a point. I’ve been in there and all there is, are some old low level security droids, a few scrapper droids, and some very big rodents. There is a small security fence at the entrance between the plant and the junkyard, but that can easily be passed by just hopping on a scrapper droid. There’s no personnel guarding the entrance.]”

Ruwe watched as the calculations whizzed by in Hunter’s eyes. “You two have got to stop making all the plans. I’m supposed to be the SC here.” Hunter gave a rye smile at that. “But on the other hand it makes my job a bit easier and it saves my brain for the big game. Alright then. Rocket set us a course for the crash crater. Ruwe you get on top of this ramshackle transport and have your rifle out. I don’t want us going in to possible enemy territory and getting caught with our skirts around our ankles and our thumbs in our mouths.” All three chuckled at the statement before Hunter continued. “We only have about two minutes before we get there. So Ruwe get your hairy ass up there. Rocket be ready for evasive maneuvers, and be ready to also repel any attacks that get through the fur ball here. I won’t be much good with this leg. But I still have a good trigger finger.”

Ruwe and Rocket both nodded heads at Hunter. On the way to the crash site all Rocket was concentrating on was the controls of the transport in case that he had to do quick maneuvers to dodge anything that might come out and attack them. Once they reached the crash site let the grip on the controls loosen once he found out that it was a fellow Nazgul.

Once DR was pulled out Rocket listened to all of the planning about how they were going to take out the jamming device, and how they could not go though the second field that would be bad for Rocket if he went though, after jumping out of the cart he quickly pulled out his blaster he started to check around to make sure that there was no enemies around. He heard Ruwe given orders to everyone.

So the wookiee knows his way around here, that’s fine as long as get out of this with no one injured that’s the only thing I am worried about. I hope that we find everyone else once we take out this jamming device. Rocket covers the back of the group to make sure that no one is following them to try to ambush them.

All I know is after this mission I am going to have a nice tall glass of ale to calm down from all this stuff that has happened on this mission, we still got awhile to go yet I hate being on ground I feel strange not being in a cockpit shooting stuff with my avenger I am so out of my element, well at least this will make a good story to tell all of the new people that we will get in the squadron. With that thought Rocket goes back to checking his sectors of fire to make sure that no one is trying to get the slip on them.

OOC:
676 words
There are many aspects of the Force we have no knowledge of. The subject still requires further research and study.

FM/PO2 Rocketman/A-2/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(MC1)(NSR:H)(NT:H)(BWC)(NSR:1)(=A=)

Rocketman's VE Profile:http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rocketman
Ruwe
ComNet Initiate

Ruwe

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  177
January 6, 2010 3:59:08 PM    View the profile of Ruwe 
Ruwe mentally ticked off the last few seconds. Three...two...one... “[Now!]” Ruwe burst through the door and ran head long into the back of a super battle droid. Quickly drawing his Kerarthorr blades from their spot on his utility belt, he slashed the hydraulics tubes on the backs of the legs while the droid was recovering from being knocked forward. Instantly it collapsed to its knees as hydraulic fluid leaked out. Slashing the tubes on the backs of the arms, more fluid leaked as it tried to grab for him and the arm remained motionless. Quickly storing the blades he unsheathed his long blade. Flipping it in his hands easily he brought the blade down into the head of the super battle droid. The body twitched as its circuits were cut and scrambled.

Withdrawing the weapon he looked at the others. It seems there was more than just the one. Hunter and Will had taken out the other super battle droid while Rocket and DR covered them from the doorway. Nodding towards the alleyway, Ruwe lead the way. Moving quickly along the alleyway, he stopped at the other end of the alley between buildings. “[Ok, everyone here?]” Ruwe looked at the four nodding faces. “[We only have another minute or so and someone is going to find those droids. We need to get to that ops center doubly quick. So try and keep up and try not to be seen. We’re going to move at my speed now.]”

Ruwe checked around the corner quickly. Nothing. Good. Let it be the same for others and the ops center. Crossing the open ground quickly he kept moving through the next alleyway without pause. No time to wait for the others. Repeating the same with the next corners he came up to the last one. Checking around the corner he spied the ops center they were looking for. Quickly checking back, the others had just made it into the final alleyway and we’re hurrying towards him. Ruwe studied the ops center. No guards around it. Maybe two guards inside and possibly four technicians. Split into two groups and we can probably take them all out at the same time relatively.

Ruwe looked back in time for all the rest to just catch up. Hunter, ahead of the rest started slowing down and tripped on a crack in the ferrocrete, and landed face first with an audible “Ow”. Ruwe quickly picked him up and set him on his feet. The others all snickered slightly and whispers  Ruwe heard in the distance the faint sound of an alarm going off. Well we can’t be tardy about anything and we definitely can’t go back the way we came now. “[Ok, there’s the ops center. I should guess there isn’t anymore than two or three guards, and maybe four or five technicians in there as well. I haven’t been in there myself so I know no more than you all do.]”

Will and Hunter both glanced at each other as if to say who wanted to make the plans this time. Hunter gave a resigned sigh and started, “Ok. Here’s what we’ll do then. Ruwe and DR, since your long time friends and I assume you still know how each other works, you’ll go in and take out the technicians. Will, Rocket, and I will take out the guards. Rendezvous back at the front door afterwards and we’ll take this place out from there.”

All nodded in agreement of the plan. Ruwe checked the corner again. Seeing no one he sprinted to the door in nine long strides. DR was close behind. Nodding quickly they stood to each side of the door. Drawing his Kerarthorr blades again he opened the door and stepped in. The front room was empty except for a receptionist desk. To his immediate left and right were rooms with tall computer modules. Maybe more than four technicians. Ruwe motioned to the left, and DR followed him through. Walking slowly and quietly along the ends of the aisles he looked down each row before moving to the next. There was only eight rows and as far as he could tell the building was symmetrical. The fifth row had a basic B1 battle droid patrolling, moving in the opposite direction. Quickly and deftly he swiped and the head came clean off. Back slashing into the neck the blade easily cut through the operating system in the chest.

Pulling the blade out he looked back at DR covering the end of the aisle. Ruwe continued to the other end and motioned to DR to stay on that side and keep moving down the aisle. No more were in the aisles. It wasn’t till they were at the back end of the room that they heard blaster fire. Always has to turn into all out guns blazing. “[Best we help them out DR. Sounds like they got a super in there that seen them first.]” DR nodded and moved back to the doorway. Grabbing his rifle he blasted a shot into the ends of all the computer modules on his way back to the door. Maybe one of those at least partially unblocked the signal jammer.

Ruwe hurried into the room along with DR to help the others. Quickly dive rolling behind the computer modules he felt and smelt a blaster bolt singe hairs on his back. Kriffing super battle droids and their built in blasters and tracking system. Ruwe moved along the computers to the other end and peeked around the corner. An onslaught of blaster bolts met him, and he almost didn’t move out of the way quick enough. Okay then. Two supers, probably another B1 as well. Where are the technicians though? Ruwe stood and looked up to the top of the computer modules. Not too tall by his standards. Jumping up he grabbed the ledge and hoisted himself high enough to see to the opposite end of the room. Sure enough was two supers, and a regular B1. Is that a door they’re protecting? Maybe the technicians are in the back storage area.

Ruwe lowered himself back down to the floor. DR was right there waiting for him. “What do we do know? Because there is no way I am going to charge up there in a hail of blaster fire.”

Ruwe looked at him smugly. “[Well I guess it’s a good thing then that I have a couple of grenades with me that will do the trick just nicely.]” Ruwe reached into his rucksack and picked out two grenades. At that moment there was nothing more he really wanted to see then broken pieces of droids flying everywhere. Hitting the button to activate the grenade he cooked it for a couple of seconds before blind throwing it around the corner. A loud crack boom sound resounded through the room. Utter silence followed.

“Is everyone ok?” Ruwe heard what sounded like Hunter call out. A few murmurs of quick confirmation concluded no one was injured. Nazgul luck is still holding out. I fear it won’t too much longer though. Ruwe quickly wiped away the frown on his face. Walking to the door that the droids were protecting, he picked his way through the broken droid parts, and limbs. Grabbing the handle of the door he jiggled it as it was locked. Could have bet a good thousand credits it would have been locked.

“[Eh Hunter, Will. I think those droids were protecting this door. Far as I can tell there has been no technicians so I assume they’re in here.]”

They all picked their way through the droid parts except Hunter, who purposely plowed through them and kicked them all. Hunter looked at them all as they gave him a dirty look. “What? It ain’t like I’m kicking you guys around. It’s just scrap now anyways. Forget about that though. Can you get the door open?”

Ruwe gave a small resigned sigh that he himself only could hear. Has to make enough noise to drown out blaster fire, and grenades mixed. “[Yeah I can probably boot the door open or blast it if I can’t boot it open. It’s only a simple hinged metal door.]” Taking a step back he kicked the door. As planned the door gave and it swung inwards. Blasters and rifles all aimed inwards at nothing but an empty room save for some cables and wires. Ruwe entered the room while the rest stayed behind. There was just no more room for anyone else with a Wookiee in the small room. Ruwe looked amongst shelving spaces for any kind of special switch that might do something.

“Hey guys I think I found the switch that will shut this place down.” Ruwe looked out the door at Rocket who was pointing at a big lever switch on the side of a computer module.

Will looked at Rocket expectantly. “Well? What are you waiting for then Rocket? Shut her down.”

“Aye sir.” Rocket flipped the switch and instantly all the lights on the computer modules went out. After those the overhead lights flicked off and the backups came on. Just as the backups came on, he heard an air pressure lock hiss open. Pointing his rifle in the direction the sound came from, he seen nothing except for more shelves. Hearing a slight click from the floor he noticed a raised panel in the floor. Grasping the edge he picked it up to reveal a tunnel leading down.

“[I think you guys should all see this.]” Ruwe pointed at the tunnel as they all came to the doorway to look. “[I’ll wager every credit that I will ever have in my name again, that the tunnel right there leads us to the terrorists and probably deeper into the city as well.]” Ruwe looked at the others. All were staring at the tunnel with blank faces. “[Only question is. Who goes in first?]”

Before anyone could say anything, is comm crackled and spitted out words, “Gnnzzzccrrhhhgul ten. Can anyone read me? I’m under heavy fire from rebel blasters. Position; inside the city, what looks to be like an office building. I have with me two injured Nazgul’s, eleven and twelve. Currently with loyalist supporters. Attempting to find transport out of this sticky situation.”

The transmission cut out suddenly. Everyone looked at each other. “[I’m thinking we had better get down this tunnel and find out what is at the other end. Maybe get this whole thing done and over with.]” Everyone nodded in agreement. Ruwe lowered himself down the tunnel first, not knowing what exactly was waiting at the end. I don’t know who ten, eleven, and twelve are exactly, but they’re from Nazgul and that’s good enough for me.

OOC:
1811 words...that should get someones ass in gear and post something...if its any from my group and want to know where im going with this, pm me and ill tell you wut the plan is that me and drac came up with to end this story
Stewart-Power
ComNet Cadet

Stewart-Power

Post Number:  202
Total Posts:  698
February 17, 2010 4:20:46 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
=====Barricade=====

Two more patrols had passed by before Stewart-Power's luck had run out. The rebels on the ground were going into crackdown mode, searching any piece of rubble for either Imperials, or their supporters. Thel knew something was going to happen when a rebel troop starting pounding on the door with the butt of his rifle. As the trooper reported the impedance to his commander, he knew what was going to happen. As quietly as he could he ordered everyone the the far wall, were the wounded were already laid to rest.

The cracked beige of the wall was the only thing that separated the Imperials from discovery at that moment, and the streams of light filtering through the small fissured that they had been using as spy-holes moments ago, were now of little comfort. One of the loyalist crept forward along the wall, and Thel was about to stop him, when all of a sudden the unmistakable voice of someone in charge was heard from the other side of the wall.

"FIRE IN TH' HOLE!" The roar of a rocket lasted mere moments before the ensuing explosion tore through the wall, reducing it to rubble, reflecting the carnage outside.

The civilian that had been working his way along the wall was now buried underneath the remains of the wall. Thel was expecting an unforgiving barrage of blaster fire to fill the room the moment after the rocket impacted, but instead the rebel in charge had positioned is men at an angle that, while prevented them from being able to immediately cut down the Imperials, also prevented his men from becoming susceptible to the return-fire. Now the rebels where content to wait until the Imperials left the relative safety of the makeshift barricade, before opening fire.

"Do we have any grenades?" Thel whispered as loudly as he could. While he could barely hold himself in a me-lee fight, Thel was confident he had the advantage in a ranged battle. Arturo, indicated to a couple frags strapped onto his leg, and as he retrieved them, Thel checked over who was still left standing. About half a dozen or so were still conscious, another dozen, including Arturo and Shazam, were either unconscious, or too wounded to move at the moment.

Great, the person with the most experience is unconscious, and the only other person with combat training is too wounded to help. Lucky me. He thought to himself as he crawled to the edge of what remained of the barricade, closest to the rebels, but as well still in their blind spot. He motioned the able-bodied Imperials to line up behind him. As they filed behind him, he primed the grenade in his hand. He looked behind him at the assembled squad. One of them the youngest was shaking. Whether it was in fear or anticipation, Thel couldn't tell. As well he noticed that one of them had strapped the radio on his back. He also seemed like the most competent in a gun fight.

Stewart-Power turned his attention back to that task at hand, and as he brought his arm back, ready to swing, and craned his head around to see the position of the rebel troops; time seemed to slow down, and the world went quite. The distant shrieks of rockets careening through the sky now became muted, as did the shuffling of the rebel troops as waited apprehensively for the Imperials to pop out of cover.

In the one second Thel had popped his head out to check, he had spotted five rebel troops, all of them pointing their weapons at the gaping hole in the wall, including the rocket launcher. He threw the grenade in the general direction of the rocketeer, as he rolled out of the cover. The grenade exploded as he adopted the prone position to lay down covering fire to allow the loyalist to adopt cover. Thel would have adopted cover as well, but the rocket launcher rendered most cover next to useless.

Now hell had unleashed, as both the grenade went off in a fireball of destruction, and a deadly torrent of blaster fire was released by both side. The chunks of the wall that had fallen into the street was now used as temporary cover as the rocket launcher loomed over the gunfight as the dominant threat.

"CONCENTRATE ALL FIRE ON THAT ROCKET LAUNCHER!" Thel wasn't exactly sure who said it, it might have been him, but a wall of read slammed into the position of the rocket launcher. The ammo exploded as well, wiping out most of the enemy squad. The main threat had been taken care of, but they weren't even close to being safe. There was still a few enemy troopers left, giving pitiful return fire, and reinforcements were inevitably on their way.

The loyalist with the radio on his back crouch ran over to Stewart-Power's position. The signaller spoke in a gruff, but relieved voice.

"Sir, they ain't blocking our signal any more!" As he said this more rebel troops poured into the street.

“Nazgul ten. Can anyone read me? I’m under heavy fire from rebel blasters. Position; inside the city, what looks to be like an office building. I have with me two injured Nazgul’s, eleven and twelve. Currently with loyalist supporters. Attempting to find transport out of this sticky situation.” Thel said hurriedly into the now working comm.

OOC:
901 Words. Finally posted, been meaning too for a while. Now just waiting for Drac.
FM/PO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/Γ-3/S:147 Nazgul/W:1 Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)
"Navy Ground-Pounder"

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul: The Sarek Stratagem  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:21:09 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 297  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >