Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ykntola Foundations - Ykntola Order Members only

Author
Topic:  Ykntola Foundations - Ykntola Order Members only
Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  383
Total Posts:  1054
  Ykntola Foundations - Ykntola Order Members only
June 8, 2009 1:09:57 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
OOC:

This story is for Members of the Ykntola Order only, if you wish to become part of this group, PM Slasher

Slasher looks around as his shuttle drops out of hyperspace, searching for any signs of enemies. Seeing that there were none in the area, he instructs the droid at the communications console to send out the signal.

===5 minutes later===

“There they are...” says Slasher as the ships begin to drop out of hyperspace nearby. The fleet was small, but they all served under the banner of the Ykntola Order, of which he was the Grand Shadow Knight. As he looked around he spotted the various ships that he had acquired, the YOV Sound of the Charge, a Gozanti Cruiser, the YOV Landron, a Guardian Light Cruiser, the YOV Deathbringer a CR-20 troop transport, and the YOV Horn of Victory, a Duke Class Bothan Assault Frigate. These ships were accompanied by a number of smaller craft, mostly fighters, but a few shuttles and gunships.

Spread out among these many ships were the 240 men of the IX Hispania Brigade, this Brigade was the backbone of the new Ykntola Order Security Forces. They were present for this because the fleet was preparing for their first mission. Slasher quickly lands his shuttle on the Horn of Victory, and as he proceeds to the receiving room of his command ship, he begins to issue orders. Contacting his communications officer he says, “Send out the messages. We will wait here until they arrive, have all ships assume defensive positions.” As the various ships moved out to take up their positions, Slasher arrives at the special conference room which was his receiving chamber. As he arrived at the room he was greeted by the Dark Guards who stood outside, they came to attention with a greeting of “My Lord” as he moved past them into the receiving chamber. Sitting awaiting the messages from his knights, Slasher is not at all surprised that Knight Hunter-Morrell is the first to respond.

“Slash.”

“Hunter”

“I am on my way.”

“ETA?”

“About 35 minutes.”

“I'll tell the hanger crew to prepare for your arrival”

Hunter's holo momentarily looks down as he checks his instruments, then says, “So it has finally begun, what took so long to send out the call?”

Slasher laughs softly as he gestures to a number of fresh cuts and bruises that cover his face and upper body. “Some people did not think that I was the undisputed leader of the order, and the space that we are responsible for. So I had to activate the IX Hispania Brigade before I called you all here, because we have some work to do.”

“Combat type work?”

“Yes,” Slasher reaches over and hits a couple of buttons, “I am sending you the location we will be heading to first, as well as the briefing information, we are lucky enough to be presented with our first chance to prove that we are still the primary force in this part of the galaxy, so soon after we assumed control.”

“You should pass this on to the others as well,” Hunter advises, “We will want to be moving on this as soon as possible, I assume that you have already integrated us into the command structure of the IX Hispania.”

“Yes, I have”

OOC:

Briefing:

Planet: Didnorat IV

Climate: Very Stormy, with most of the land mass covered in jungle, (think like a cross between Vietnam and Kashyyk.) with a single large desert in the Northern Polar Region of the planet, which also has a number of mountains.

Population: 3,000,000

Total Military Forces: 10,000
- Active Duty: 900
- Reserves: 1,000
- Paramilitary Militia: 8,100 (low quality)
        N.B. Conscription Laws have been put into effect, with goal of boosting troop #s by about 40,000 additional soldiers.

Enemy Forces:
So far no major enemy Naval Presence.
Ground Forces: 50,000 (15,000 on planet, rest in transit on board troop ships.)

OOC:

Name ----- Title ----- Military Rank
Slasher ----- Grand Shadow Knight ----- Brig. Gen.
Bacredi ----- First Shadow Knight ----- (Navy) Captain
Hunter-Morrell ----- Dark Knight ----- (Marine) Colonel
Drac ----- Gray Knight ----- (Marines) Lt. Colonel
Anival Velasquez ----- Knight ----- (Marines) Captain
Albinostorm ----- Knight ----- (Marines) Captain
Stewart-Power ----- Dark Squire ----- (Navy) Lieutenant j.g.
Goth ----- Dark Squire ----- (Marines) 1st Lieutenant

note will update as more people join. Assignments should come soon.

OOC:

NPCs which have been created for the Ykntola Order

Jayus Quimbel
Head Mechanic in charge of maintaining Ykntola Order Knight's Fighters.
Senior Chief Petty Officer Rorran "Slasher" Gorma
FL/SCPO Slasher/Nazgul 4-1/Pheonix Wing/1FLT/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=^ME^=)(=*SA*=)(=*A*=)[CBV][MC:1][SWC][BWC]

Naval Academy Chief Of Staff
CoS/SCPO Slasher/VENA-DS/Platform Saratoga/VENA/VEN/VE/(=^ME^=)(=*SA*=)(=*A*=)[CBV][MC:1][SWC][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited June 8, 2009 2:46:52 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited June 10, 2009 12:01:49 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited June 12, 2009 2:08:05 PM)]
Drac
ComNet Initiate

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  179
Total Posts:  2191
  RE: Ykntola Foundations - Ykntola Order Members on
June 8, 2009 3:33:58 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Dracule "Drac" Mihawk stirred in his sleep, something intruding on the peace of his rest. The sound repeated, a persistent beep in a unique tone non-aquatic species would have trouble hearing. This time it penetrated his sleep-heavy mind and the Mon Calamari bolted upright in his bunk, "What? The beacon..."

Leaning over, he pulled his datapad from his bedside table and hit the glowing button in the center of its screen. Slasher's face appeared and he said, "Knight of the Ykntola Order: It is time for us to gather. Coordinates and timestamps are at the end of this transmission. Note them carefully, because they will self delete after thirty seconds. I'll see you there and provide more information soon...but come ready to fight. And come as quickly as possible." The relevant information appeared superimposed on Slasher's face, and Drac quickly wrote them down on a scrap of flimsiplast. A moment after he finished the screen blanked itself.

Rising from his bed, the Petty Officer strode over to his desk console. After seating himself he keyed up his squadron commander's comm unit. It's worth a chance I suppose...though he may be asleep as well. A moment later, though, a sleepy and slightly grumpy looking human appeared on the screen, "Yes, Drac?"

"Driver. Sorry for the short notice, but..." he was interrupted by the other.

"But you need a leave of absence?" Driver's expression was resigned now, if anything, "You're not the only one. Go ahead. There's nothing coming up for Nazgul right now, so you're clear. And whatever it is...good luck." The picture turned black a moment later.

"Err...thank you, sir." Drac said to the room at large. Shaking his head, he stood and walked over to his small closet. He opened the door, fingered his Vast Empire flight suit, then shoved it to the side. Another flight suit, this one dark grey and almost unadorned, hung behind it. He pulled it from its hangar and slipped it on.

The Mon Cal's next order of business was to get equipped. He stepped over to the small chest where he kept his weapons and opened it. Two combat knives quickly slid into their built-in sheathes in his sleeve and boot. Several grenades followed, slotting into pouches on the front of the flightsuit. His favored blaster pistol followed, snapping securely into the holster hanging from his right hip. Drac paused, then removed a final weapon. It was a Sat'skar sword, recently purchased expressly for his participation in the Order. Its sheath fit into an angled loop on his left hip, leaving the hand-and-a-half blade clear of his legs and available for easy access with a crosshand draw.

Now ready, Drac took a breath and stepped out of his quarters. The doors slid shut with a note that fringed on finality. He walked quickly toward the hangar that housed his personal starfighter. Several soldiers and officers saw him on the way, and several looked ready to stop and question him. His baleful stare backed them off before they could delay him, though. He had no time to explain today.

It didn't take long to get to the hangar, and even less time to prep his ship. As he flicked the engines on and accelerated out of the hangar, Drac exulted at the quality of the fighter he was flying. He'd never taken the E-Wing out on a mission before. With sixteen missiles packed into it and its triple blasters, it was the most destructive ship he'd ever piloted. Even more than that, though, it was his. Slasher had given it to him after a mission, as a reward for his dedication or so he said. More likely that he was investing in the Order...well, there's no problem with that. I'm quite sure he'll find the investment worth it by the time all's said and done.

As he oriented for his first hyperspace jump, Drac re-check the coordinates Slasher had given him. Confirming them, he pushed his hyperspace lever forward and jumped into the alternate space.

The first jump lasted only twenty minutes...just long enough to get him well out of sensors range. Now that his course was hidden he could afford to go straight to the location. But hefore he did, there was something else he had to do: Opening a hypercomm channel, he called up the frequency Slasher's message had come on, "This is Dracule Mihawk, Gray Knight of the Order. I am enroute, ETA of fifty minutes. Please give my regards to the Grand Master." That done, he shoved the hyperspace lever forward again and settled in for the wait.
FL/PO1 Drac/Nazgul 3-9/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Imperial Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)(=*SA*=) [SoA][MC:2][MC:1]
Defendo est optimus (To Defend is noble)
Drac's VE Wiki Profile: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drac
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  309
Total Posts:  1075
June 8, 2009 4:23:59 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
“Master, you have received a transmission.”

Anival got up, and walked toward a private channel, Anival sent out a response.

“I should arrive in approximately one standard hour.” Anival didn’t wait for an answer, calling out to 3-po to start his Theta, and load his gear,  Anival started to change.

Anival appeared before many of his superiors.

“My vacation will be over by the allotted time, if I am late I shall contact you.”

Many mumbled their permission, although he doubted he would be back in time.

Anival walked to the hangar, his protocol droid was still loading stuff onto his ship. Picking up two bag, filled with certain metal pieces, Anival walked towards the ship.

Fifteen minutes later, Anival was punching in the coordinates to his destination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One Hour Later.

Anival sent out his clearance code, a few minutes later a beep sounded, signally Anival’s permission to board the Frigate.

Anival eased the ship into a docking bay, extending the landing gear, manipulating it so it landed gently.

Anival walked over to his weapons locker, he holstered an DE-10, and walked towards the hatch. Punching in his code Anival waited for the familiar hiss of air escaping.

Anival looked around, noticing other ships in the hanger and a buzz of activity, a protocol droid made its way towards Anival.

“You are expected, please follow me.”

Anival followed the droid sharing looks with different men he passed. The droid led him towards a conference room, the door’s slid noiselessly apart, no one was there.

“You have arrived fifteen minutes early, and my orders were to show you the conference room, and tell you that you could roam the ship for the time being, you will be contacted when the rest of the guest’s arrive.”

Anival nodded and walked off, he was a bit curious about the place. Making his way back to the hangar, Anival looked for a familiar face, but none was to be found.

Anival felt thirsty so he walked back to his ship, he left the doors open, and walked towards a compartment that held his beverages, taking out a bottle of Is’rit he poured a glass and sat, contemplating his beverage.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 8, 2009 9:34:52 PM)]
albinostorm
ComNet Novice

albinostorm

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  78
Total Posts:  102
June 9, 2009 3:14:10 AM    View the profile of albinostorm 
Albino woke up to a fearsome sight in his face. A Large Aklay peered over him, drooling and screaming at him. Despite this, Albino laughed and playfully pushed the creature aside. the creature screamed again, then scuttled to a small device on a table near him. Albino noted that the device had a red light on and jumped up, scowling as he wiped a large globule of saliva off his cheek.

Albino scooped up the communication device, and the holopad next to it, noting down a few details that appeared over Slasher's face as he spoke. The Aklay crouched down to attempt to see what was going on and as Albino glanced behind himself he giggled; putting the communication device in a drawer, and pocketing the Datapad.

Albino strode over to his Wardrobe, and pushed all the uniforms, save one to the right with the back of his hand. This one wa not jet black, like the majority of his others, but a dark shade of grey; Albino also slipped on a belt, with a scabbard. Albino then Drew the contents: a shiny new sword. It was a Falchion, but extended, Albino measured it as about 70 centimetres, or just over 2 feet long. The blade edge was also sharpened to a cruel extent, as Albino had found out when he 'tested' it on a combat dummy. The blunt edge was reinforced, making it a very efficient blocking tool too. Albino Slid the blade carefully and delicately into the scabbard and patted the hilt.

Albino walked briskly up to the balcony, Grabbing the Slug thrower sniper rifle and a few magasines that were propped up against the wall along the way. He stood at the balcony and gently kicked a pad on the railing, causing it to fall down onto the extra supporting beams just in front. He whistled a quick tune note that rose and fell cleanly, clearly and smoothly, and was replied by a avian howl as a large, airborne reptilian creature glided down and landed with a metallic dong reverberating around them as the small platform vibrated. A Dactillion. Albino ran his hand down the creature's neck and whispered

"Are you hungry? I have some Bantha cutlets here for you"

While gesturing towards a bucket sat against the wall. The Dactillion pecked at Albino's hand gently, and stuck it's long beak into the bucket. Albino patted himself down, making sure nothing was forgotten, the zipped up his pockets and locked them off. He also slung the rifle over his shoulder and tightened up the straps on the Feasting dactillion's harness, and patted it's side, them bounced up onto the seat, securing the ankle and knee straps onto himself. When the creature had finished off all the meat, It turned around on the platform as Albino leaned in on it's neck and held onto the seat handles, one on the back and one on the front. The Dactillion held it's head high, let out an echoing hoot and Launched itself off the platform, Unfurling it's wings ad it nearly hit the floor, then soaring up and above the clouds.

Albino took his hands off the handles and unshouldered his rifle, he popped a magasine into the chamber then using the palm of his hands he smoothly lifted the ball of the loading spring up and back, then slammed it forward and down, the rifle was semi-automatic. He gripped onto the flying lizard with his knees and raised the rifle, breathing deeply in and out. Looking through the scope, he picked out a small bird. taking one deep breath and holding it, he gently squeezed on the trigger, and the bird squawked and nearly pooped with the pressure, The dactillion quickly swooped down upon the bird as it fell, and using its front claws, decapitated the bird. Albino giggled as he got an image of a bird head landing on someone. The dactillion continued the descent untill it hit the landing platform, whereupon it plopped the dead bird into its beak as Albino jumped off and jogged to the briefing room.

When he reached the door, albino took a deep breath strode in and tapped a code into the holo-projector. a second later, Atrasin's back appeared, and as he turned round, he sighed. Before Albino could say anything, Atrasin spoke out

"You too, Albinostorm? off you go then, be back as soon as possible"
Albino closed his gaping mouth and lowered his hand, and simply nodded and pressed the off switch, and jogged off to the hangar.

He saw that his TRI was waiting for him, modified cockpit open, Albino Placed the rifle under the single seat and pulled a few straps as tight as he could. He jumped in and placed his datapad into a slot on the keyboard. Without him saying a word, the Spherical cockpit closed, The TRI- fighter lifted off and floated out of the hangar. Albino folded out a keyboard and typed a quick message to Slasher - En route to you now. He also entered 2 sets of co-ordinates, one on the fringe of VE space and another nearly doubling back on the first. The TRI rotated furiously as it rose out of the atmosphere, which warranted a metallic humming "sorry, avoiding some birds" from a speaker inside the cokpit. Albino folded away the keypad and sat back.

"You have it from here, sleep me please"

And a thin white gas rose up from the floor, which reminded Albino of stale sourdough, before he drifted off into a Synthetic, dreamless sleep.
Albinostorm

It is not enough to win, everyone else must lose. stockpile the tibanna gas and load the diamond boron missiles, there's gonna be slaughter tonight, lads!

FM/SCRW Albinostorm/Nazgul 14/Wing 4/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE
(=A=)
[This message has been edited by albinostorm (edited June 9, 2009 7:51:17 AM)]
Stewart-Power
ComNet Novice

Stewart-Power

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  698
June 9, 2009 10:28:49 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
Stewart-Power peered into the scope of his modified StarSlasher. The target was about halfway down the range, and would take a descent shot to pull it off. Luckily Thel had better then just a descent shot, and could pretty much hit wherever he wanted at this range. A thought popped into his mind, about although he was a good shot, especially a medium range, he could only barely handle himself when fighting up close. It seemed that his fighting became better the larger the distance, up to a certain point when his efficiency again decreased.

But by the time he focused back on the target, the arms had been shot off.

"I've really got to stop daydreaming"

He said this to himself, but still louder then he meant to. Just then a beacon went off on his belt. He answered it, but almost swore to himself as he didn't have a flimsi on anything to write down on. He decided instead to shoot the coordinates into the target. The range was basically deserted, plus he shot it in Dosh so he doubted anyone would understand anyways.

Once he retrieved the target, he set off for his ship. On his way to his ship he commed Atrasin.

"Sir, I-"
He was cut off by an extremely annoyed SC.
"Alright, just go!"
He growled into the comm.

Thel just continued at a brisk pace. Obviously others have requested the same thing he silently murmured to himself. Almost reached his ship, when he realized he nothing but his gun. After a quick visit to to his stash of weapons, and switching into an almost unadorned uniform, he started back again. Except now was armed with a heavy blaster pistol in it's holster, a combat knife under his left shoulder pauldron (the only adornment besides a "utility" scarf), and the carbine on his back covered up by the scarf, which is worn like a cape.

He walks up his ship, a Cutlass-9 Patrol Fighter. It was Black with two blue Imperial symbols on either side of the cockpit. They were mainly there for patriotism more then actually for identifying the ship as part of the Vast Empire. Also, they were easily covered with sensor dampening plating for covert missions. These plates were what was on it at the moment, and because of the membrane build they were slighty less effective then others, but only worked on way. Allowing the Cutlass's sensors to work properly.

Once Thel was cleared for launch, he left and then engaged the hyperdrive. He had set the course slightly off target, but that distance grew as he continued. Once he had overshot the meeting place by a measurable distance, he headed to the proper coordinates. Once among the fleet he was cleared for landing. As he was landing, Thel sent sent a messege to Slasher:

"I've Arrived, and am inbound."
FM/LCRW Stewart-Power/Nazgul 15/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1FLT/VEN/VE/(=A=)
                  "Thel"

R.C.S.C.C. 221 Patriot
(Sea Cadets)
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stewart-Power

A Mari Usque Ad Mare.. .Ad Mare... (From Sea to Sea... to Sea...) -Latin

Clearly Canadian!
Drac
ComNet Initiate

Drac

Post Number:  180
June 10, 2009 12:42:43 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Maybe it was the anticipation, but the journey through hyperspace to the rendezvous point seemed to take very little time, though the chrono on his display noted otherwise. Drac felt like only a few minutes had passed since he entered the alternate dimension when he brought his ship back into normal space again. As soon as he exited hyperspace he ran a visual and sensors check all around, to assure himself that there weren't any...unexpected visitors. He didn't know a lot about the Order yet, but is was clear they had enemies. That was fine by him, so long as he did all the killing and none of the dying.

The Mon Cal's caution was futile, however, as every ship in the immediate vicinity pinged friendly on his Friend-or-Foe scope. Satisfied that there was no danger, he banked and aimed his craft at the main hold of Slasher's flagship, the Horn of Victory. As he came on course his comm unit beeped a transmission alert at him. He switched to the appropriate channel, but was interrupted before he could speak, "Lord Knight, you are cleared to land in Horn of Victory's main hangar. Continue on your present course."

Confused, Drac hit the 'talk' button, "Acknowledged, Control. How did you know who this is, though?"

"You did receive your snubfighter from our Grand Shadow Knight, did you not?"

"I did."

"He has provided records of your craft's transponder signal and engine emissions signature. You will be recognized and welcomed wherever you go on business of the Order, Lord Knight."

"I see, thank you. Where am I to go once I have landed?"

"You have the run of the ship at this time, Lord Knight. You may do as you wish."

"Understood. Thanks again."

Minutes later Drac popped the hatch on his fighter, removed his helmet, and jumped to the deck of the flagship. A man was there to greet him, a head mechanic by his uniform. The human saluted him, then spoke, "Lord Knight. I am Jayus Quimbel, in charge of maintenance and repairs on all craft belonging to Knights of the Order. If you would be so kind as to provide me the appropriate access codes, I can get your fighter's final check scheduled."

Digging out a small piece of flimsiplast, Drac handed it to the man, "Here are the codes. By the way, Mr. Quimbel, would it be possible for you to repaint my ship when you run that maintenance?"

"Certainly, sir. It's easily done. What do you want on her?"

"I'd like the main color to be dark gray, with all details in navy blue. Also, please add my name and position and the ship's name just below the hatch."

"We'll get right on it. What do you want her named?"

Drac thought for a moment, then smiled, "Krakana, Mr. Quimbel. Krakana. They're a predator from my homeworld. Decidedly vicious, and with quite the array of weapons. I think it fits her well."

"Aye, sir." Turning, Jayus gestured toward a door a little ways off, "If you'll go through there, you'll find easy access to the rest of the ship."

"Thank you, Mr. Quimbel." The Mon Cal turned away from Krakana and made his way to the door. It opened for him and he found himself in a hall. Directly accross the way another door stood open, this one leading into what appeared to be a pilots' ready room/meeting chamber. A familiar figure stood within, leaning over a terminal at one of the stations on the main table. Smiling, Drac stepped forward and raised a hand, "Albino, It's good to see you here. Been here long?"

"No, just a couple of minutes actually..."
FL/PO1 Drac/Nazgul 3-9/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Imperial Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)(=*SA*=) [SoA][MC:2][MC:1]
Goth
ComNet Novice

Goth

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  80
Total Posts:  86
June 10, 2009 8:23:39 PM    View the profile of Goth 
Goth was studying when he got the call from the Order.
After sending a confirmation message back, he made a request for leave. Much to Goth's surprise his leave was granted with a minimum of red tape.
As soon as his leave was granted, Goth contacted the hanger deck.
The commander on the other end smiled when he saw it was Goth. "Don't worry we're taking good care of her," he said.
"Actually I was calling to see how long it would take you to prep her for flight," Goth told him.
The officer's eyes widened, "Going on a holiday?" he asked.
"Something like that." Goth responded, "Just need a little break from the excitement of a fighter pilot's life for a bit, so I don't get burned out."
"Perfectly understandable," replied the man on the other end. Then he shuffled through some papers on his desk. Looking up again he said, "We can have her ready in about four hours."
"Sounds good see you then." Goth told him.
After turning off the com Goth went back to studying.
Two hours later Goth's com sounded. It was the hanger, "Your ship is prep and ready to go,"said the officer on the other end.
"Thanks for the rush Beaday, "Goth said.
"No problem, I thought you might like to get your vacation started as soon as possible."
Goth gathered together his equipment he carried less than when he was flying for the squadron for being that his personal fighter had its own armory. Two vibroblades, a small custom blaster and his DL-44 in his holster.
Slipping out of his flightsuit he put on civilian cloths then headed down to his Hetrinar.
The ship was part of the inheritance left to him by his father's death. But even with out that fact he would have loved her, she had seen him through some very tough times.

As Goth made his way to his ship in the hanger, it seemed to him that the place was more emptier than usual.
Then climbing aboard the 'Beauty' he ran a quick systems check, and took her out.

though he didn't expect to be followed he didn't take a direct course to his destination, but instead took a vector somewhat off of his destination, then after coming out of hyper quickly engaged he hyperdrive motivator going to the meeting coordinates.
Upon arriving he was directed to land on the "Horn of Victory".
Once docked Goth left his ship and started looking around.
FM/PO2 Goth/Nazgul 3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Fleet/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(MC:2)

...And They Cried with the Voices of Death...
Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

Post Number:  388
June 12, 2009 4:27:19 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
Slasher watched as the knights who had answered his summons began to arrive in the conference room where the briefing and assignments would take place. The group of knights was somewhat smaller than he had hoped, but that was to be expected, not everyone had showed much enthusiasm for the invitations to join the order he had sent out, but those who had responded were a good group, and he hoped that they would be able to do much together. Standing up from his place at the table, he began to address those assembled.

"My Friends, welcome officially to the Ykntola Order, I realize that most of you know each other, so we shall dispense with introductions, and get right down to work." Slasher nods to the R2 unit in the corner, which activates the holoprojector, putting up a display of a planet.

"This is the planet Didnorat IV, population 3 million. I trust that everyone read the information which I provided to you on your way here regarding conditions on the planet and the forces which are engaged at present."

This comment is met with nods from around the table, so Slasher proceeds immediately into the Military briefing.

"The Didnoratian military forces consist of nine active duty regiments of a hundred men, and ten reserve regiments of a hundred men." Slasher nods to the droid, who puts up the defensive positions of the Didnoratian military forces on the projection.

"As you can see here, the 9 active duty regiments are organize into 4 brigades of 200 men, with another 100 man element which is their elite unit, consisting of those who are charged with defending the important sections of their capital." Slasher nods to Hunter-Morrell, who was looking very intently at a portion of the defensive positions displayed. "You have a question Hunter?"

Hunter points to the defensive positions on the projection, "I can see the 2 Divisions which are deployed to the South and East of their capital, and I can see the other 3 regiments deployed in defensive positions to the North and West, but what are all of these symbols scattered throughout the rest of the Northeast and Southwest?"

"Those are the rest of their forces, the militia as it were," Slasher begins, pointing them out, "They have been informed that we are on our way, and they have asked us to form our brigade up with the units in the North and West, they are not sure which direction the enemies primary attack will come from."

"So we're just gonna sit there and dig in while we wait for the enemy to make a move?" asks Drac

"Essentially, but I have already informed them that the positioning of our unit is temporary, and that we will move to engage the enemy wherever they are coming from."

The projection zooms out, giving a larger view of the area surrounding the enemy capital,

"I expect the enemy to come at the city from the northwest, because the major industrial center of the Didnorat IV is to the Northwest of the Capital, in the city of Mrontilo."

The projection zooms in on this city, and the major spaceport highly visible along it's western edge.

"The enemy does not appear to be coming for only a short stay, as they are moving in 50,000 men. I believe that they want to take over the industrial and economic center of the planet first, because they need some way to keep their army supplied, and while Capital City has a spaceport, it is designed for arriving diplomats and tourists. As such, it is much to small for an invading army to effectively use as a supply point. The spaceport at Mrontilo is three times as large, and is designed to accept the bulk freighters which carry the goods that they make."

"So what are we going to do?" asks Albinostorm, looking intently at the projection, "If they want us to deploy around Capital City, we'll be fighting a losing battle from the very beginning."

"Exactly, which is why we will use the following positions instead," Another group of glowing symbols appear on the projection, one in the city of Mrontilo, and one in the Northwest corner of Capital City."

Slasher turns back toward the projection, and begins to point out different places on the projection.

"IX Hispania Brigade Headquarters will be here, in Capital City, I will command the brigade from there. With the Commission of Brigadier General."

A small emblem appeared above the symbol which Slasher had pointed to, with a IX-CO inside the emblem.

"Also staying at Capital City will be II Regiment, companies A and B, under Lt. Col. Drac."

Two additional emblems appeared next to the IX-CO, one saying A-II-IX, and one saying B-II-IX.

"I Regiment, under my XO, Colonel Hunter-Morrell, along with C Company of II Regiment, under Captain Anival Velasquez, will be at Mrontillo, and will set up the best defensive positions that you can."

Emblems representing II Regiment and C Company, II Regiment, appear over the city.

"You are to hold as long as possible, and if you are forced to fall back, make that spaceport unusable to the enemy."

"Any particular way you want it done?" asks Goth,

"Use your imagination, and have fun." Slasher replies, "As far as the enemy reinforcements are concerned, that will be the responsibility of the Naval branch, which will be under the command of Rear Admiral Bacredi."

Turning to the group, Slasher says, "All right, you have your orders, particular assignments for those I did not directly mention can be found on the roster, which any of you can access. Good luck, Get your men ready."

OOC:
Orders:
I Regiment: Get ready to land on planet, fortify Mrontilla, I will introduce enemies later, just fortify.

II Regiment: Get ready to land on planet, Fortify your section (North West) of Capital City, and wait for further instructions.

C Company, II Regiment: Same orders as I Regiment.

Navy: Prepare to intercept and engage the coming enemy reinforcements.

OOC:
Chain of Command: Army

IX Hispania Brigade (240 Men + Command Personnel)

CO: * Slasher (N.B. * is a 1 star, ** is 2, etc.)

XO: Colonel Hunter-Morrell

I Regiment (120 Men + Command Personnel)

CO: Colonel Hunter-Morrell

XO: Captain Albinostorm

A Company, I Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

CO: TBA

XO: TBA

B Company, I Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

C Company, I Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

CO: 1st Lieutenant Goth

II Regiment (120 Men + Command Personnel)

CO: Lt. Col. Drac

XO: Captain Anival Velasquez

A Company, II Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

B Company, II Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

C Company, II Regiment (40 men + Command Personnel)

Each Company is broken up into 2 platoons of 20 men, which can be broken up into 4 squads of 5 men.

OOC:

Chain of Command: Navy

Primary Fleet

CO: * Bacredi

Fleets

Ykntola First Fleet

First Tier:

Y.O.V. Invincible - Corellian Frigate (F)

Y.O.V. Somerset - BAF

10 support craft

Second Tier:

Y.O.V. Devonshire - BAF

Y.O.V. Bedford - BAF

10 Support Craft

Third Tier:

Y.O.V. Iron Duke - BAF

Y.O.V. St. Albans - CR-90

10 Support Craft

Grand Shadow Knight's Flagship and attending vessels

Y.O.V. Horn of Victory - BAF (F)

Y.O.V. Sound of the Charge - Gozanti Cruiser

Y.O.V. Deathbringer - CR-20

Y.O.V. Landron - Guardian Light Cruiser

Various support craft

N.B. an (F) indicates a Flagship
FL/SCPO Slasher/Nazgul 4-1/Pheonix Wing/1FLT/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=^ME^=)(=*SA*=)(=*A*=)[CBV][MC:1][SWC][BWC]

CoS/SCPO Slasher/VENA-DS/Platform Saratoga/VENA/VEN/VE/(=^ME^=)(=*SA*=)(=*A*=)[CBV][MC:1][SWC][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited June 12, 2009 7:35:18 PM)]
Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1325
Total Posts:  1594
June 13, 2009 1:18:08 AM    View the profile of Bacredi 
Zhar Hoover Wilson Bacredi stood at the helm of his flagship—the Invincible, a Hammerhead-Class Cruiser Type 12—with his two lieutenants, lieutenant of navigation and fighters. Bacredi was readying the fighter forces he had—96 TIE Fighters that were broken up into eight different squadrons, 12 Preybird-Class Bombers that were broken up via flight, 12 V-19 Torrents that were a whole squadron, and 12 C-73 Trackers. Bacredi whispered a few words in the young fighter lieutenants ear and the lieutenant was off.

“Battle stations.” Captain Devon bellowed throughout the bridge. Everyone responded quickly—the R.A.F. was using their training resources well, training these men. These men where then being put to use with an old ally, the YOV. Devon quickly pulled down the com from the hanging-pole and spoke into it. “All hands, battle stations—code blue…” Code Blue was the code for when fighters were being launched.

“Are the carriers ready?” Lieutenant Yima, Starfighter Control and Command, asked. He was talking about the fighter carriers for the TIEs.

“Yes,” Zhar gruffly said. He then brought down a screen and sat in the captains chair, he was waiting for a message that was requesting reinforcements. Transports were already heading down to the surface.
2nd Lieutenant Zhar Bacredi, Vast Empire Navy
Naval Training Officer, Vast Empire Navy
------------------------------------------
NTO/2LT Bacredi/Sting 1-1/Platform Saratoga/Raegent System/VENA/VEN/VE [MC:1] [EER] [SoV] [SRC] [LoM] [NSM] [MC:1] [NS:1] [VST:1] [KST:1] *[NST:1]* (=A=) (=SA=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) {GWC} {SRC}
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  321
June 13, 2009 4:42:40 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival noticed with concealed disgust all the members that made up the Ykntola Order,  A Faleen, Two Mon Calamari, and three humans, not including himself. Anival had sworn he would never let his hate for non-humans interfere with his career. Standing as Rorran stood, Anival waited, till he left the room to leave.

Anival and the other’s had been briefed, walking away regretting being placed under a Mon Calamari, Anival took deep breaths, and calmed himself. It wouldn’t help his career.

Anival was about to turn when abruptly a droid found him, face to face, nearly hitting him in the process.

“Sorry sir, but Master Rorran has changed your objectives, here is what he wishes you to do.” The droid, bowed as Anival took the data pad that was offered, and walked away. Anival clutched the data pad, and walked towards the Nameless, stepping onto the ship, Anival felt safer, he looked around to make sure no one else was in there with him, then settled down, and looked at the data pad.

TO:
Knight Anival Velasquez

REGARDING:
MISSION OBJECTIVES

Greeting Captain Velasquez, your objectives have shifted slightly, you are to take your ships, and capture the spaceport,  a copy of this message is already sent to your CO.

This task is important it will allow us to transport the bulk of our forces and also allow for any supplies we may need. We have taken the liberty of bringing your ships, Isis, Hermes I and Hermes II, and the unnamed Lambda.

-Grand Shadow Knight, Rorran.

Anival read and reread his new orders. He was glad, maybe he wouldn’t have to spend so much time, with the Mon’cal, maybe.

“Captain, we have loaded the troops, and are waiting on your command, also would you be going aboard the Isis?” asked a uniformed man, maybe early twenties.

Anival thought for a while.

“I will go aboard my personal craft, my Theta.”

“Yes, sir, again one more thing, all ships while serving under the Ykntola banner are to be pre-designated, YOV.”

Anival frowned.

“Alright.”

Anival turned and stalked towards his ship, there was a long day ahead, and he needed to be in top condition.

“Pre-flight check, 3po.”

“All systems ready.”

Anival nodded, then a thought hit him, he hadn’t consulted his CO, Anival shrugged and sent a message to the Mon Cal.

TO:  LT.CL Drac.
SUBJECT: Departure.

LT.CL Drac, I am sure you have received our new orders, I am taking off in the next five minutes, a quick battle is a decisive battle, however, I wanted to know if you will honor me by accompanying me on my vessel. Please respond, otherwise I will take off in fifteen minutes.

Captain Anival Velasquez.

Anival sighed, and stretched his arms over his head, he would wait for the reply.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1327
June 13, 2009 9:40:41 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
Lieutenant Grenn—Wing Commander of Blue Wing—moved next to Lieutenant Cronkite—Wing Commander of Red Wing. They were both slowly walking down a hallway of the Invincible, their red-and-yellow uniforms shown in the light. They reached the end of the hallway and they pushed towards the door and looked into the hangar—their two fighters, Preybird-Class and Zebra-Class respectively, where prepped. The wings that they commanded had already been released. Blue Wing had a squadron of Preybirds, and two squadrons of TIEs. Red Wing had a squadron of Zebra-Class Starfighters, a squadron of TIEs, and a squadron of C-73 Trackers.

“See you on the other side,” Grenn said as he moved up the ladder and into his bomber. His co-pilot moved up behind him. Cronkite saluted and Grenn put his headset on and shut his side of the screen, the co-pilot then pressed a button near his seat and it pulled down his screen as well. Cronkite didn’t have a co-pilot so he immediately closed the cockpit and lit up his engines, strutting out of the hangar.

“Red Wing this is Red 1—all squadrons form on me.” Cronkite pulled his Zebra up and flew over to the Surprise, Bedwealth, Aegis Fate, Defender, and Euphrates—they were all formed up and waiting to make drops onto the planet. That’s what Red Wing and the squadrons she possessed—Red, Gray, and Yellow—to escort them to the surface. Blue Wing—who held Blue, Green, and Coral Squadrons—would act as cover for them, and help bomb targets if needed. The third wing—Gold Wing, who held Gold, Opaque, and Royal Squadrons—would then strike deep and deliver resources with the Lancelot, Marathon, and Smuggler’s Moon.

Grenn set off seconds later, his Preybird dove down, under the Invincible. “Blue Wing this is Blue Leader, move into attack lines.” The attack lines concept was a concept that Grenn had created weeks earlier, it was where the squadrons would move into lines before their initial contact and then move into attack positions from there. The squadrons performed perfectly and shadowed the convoy that Red Wing was covering. Suddenly, Grenn’s com sprang with static and he looked at his com unit, it was blank. He immediately swiveled his head left and looked at his Message Centre, it was empty. Suddenly, the coms sprang to life again and a familiar voice filled Grenn’s head.

“Lieutenant, this is the Invincible,” it was Zhar Bacredi. “We’re pulling you off cover, help the Somerset and Bedford as they move into the atmosphere. They’re dropping off our airspeeders and our speeders. Over and out.”

“Copy, Lieutenant Grenn going off station.” Grenn pulled his fighter up and relayed the orders, when he was done, he opened a com unit with Red 1. “Red 1, this is Blue 1, we’re being pulled out—good luck.”
OOC:
You guys can now use 12 T-47 airspeeders, 12 K-222 airspeeders, 20 Heavy Trackers, 10 Arrow-23 Tramp Shuttles, 20 KAAC Freerunners, 3 LAAT/Is, 3 LAAT/Ts, and 2 AT-TEs.
2nd Lieutenant Zhar Bacredi, Vast Empire Navy
Naval Training Officer, Vast Empire Navy
------------------------------------------
NTO/2LT Bacredi/Sting 1-1/Platform Saratoga/Raegent System/VENA/VEN/VE [MC:1] [EER] [SoV] [SRC] [LoM] [NSM] [MC:1] [NS:1] [VST:1] [KST:1] *[NST:1]* (=A=) (=SA=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) {GWC} {SRC}
Hunter-Morrell
ComNet Member

Hunter-Morrell

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  915
Total Posts:  2071
June 13, 2009 10:57:50 PM    View the profile of Hunter-Morrell 
After the  briefing, Hunter left the room and walked to another briefing room where the 120 men that made up I Regiment were waiting. He was nearly there when he was tapped on the shoulder. Turning, he found Albinostorm standing there with a questioning expression upon his face.

“Yes?” Hunter said.

“Did you want me to accompany you to the briefing?” albino asked.

“Sure. But I warn you, you won't be doing anything but sitting there and you just heard the information. If you want to, you can go to the hangar and make sure the shuttles are being prepped for we're being deployed shortly. Its your choice.”

“True. I'll just go to the hangar. See you later.”

With a nod, Albino moved away and headed towards the hangar. Hunter turned and started walking again. When he reached the double doors that led to the conference room, he accessed the control panel on the side and opened the doors. Taking a few steps forward, he was quite pleased to have the undivided attention from every soldier the moment he entered. They were much more disciplined than Nazgul Squadron had been at their last briefing. Snorting softly at the thought of his squadron, he quickly made his way to the front of the room. Reaching the podium, he began, pulling up images that he had gotten from Slasher after the first briefing. Running over their battle plans and their objectives and orders, he was again surprised at the total stillness that had come over the soldiers. Nazgul had surely never done this, at least never at any briefing he had attended. Giving a small smile, he started to finish up.

“So, any questions?”

Quite a bit appeared to be thinking, but none offered any up.

“Alright then. Meet up at the hangar at 1300 hours. Dismissed.”

Giving a curt nod to the soldiers, he left the conference room, followed by a crowd of soldiers that slowly dispersed.

OOC:
By the way, I have an AT-TE, some assorted Battle Droids, a Basilisk War Droid, a Dwarf Spider Droid, and a TIE Mauler that can be used for my Regiment.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Senior Chief Petty Officer Hunter Morrell
XO/SCPO Hunter-Morrell/Nazgul 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE [CBV][BRC][BWC][MC:1]
[This message has been edited by Hunter-Morrell (edited June 13, 2009 11:06:36 PM)]
Drac
ComNet Initiate

Drac

Post Number:  181
June 14, 2009 12:40:41 AM    View the profile of Drac 
OOC:
Within a week or so I should have an Imperial Customs Frigate that can jump in whenever convenient.

Drac glanced at Captain Velasquez as he left the room. The man seems prefectly polite, but something feels a little wrong about it. Maybe it's that he is[i] too perfectly polite? Yes, he seems a little forced. Or maybe I'm imagining things. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter so long as he does his job right.[/i]

Rising from the table, Drac followed Hunter out of the room as the other left to give the briefing to I Regiment. However, where Hunter turned one way at the end of a hall, Drac turned the other. In a moment he stepped through the door of a second briefing room; one identical to the one Hunter had just entered. He was similarly surprised at the attentive silence of his men. He nodded, though, and smiled to himself, These men are professionals, and an elite unit at that. I should have expected no less if we're to have any chance at accomplishing our objectives.

Once he arrived at the podium, the Mon Cal uploaded the briefing data to the holodisplay and brought up a schematic of the area of operations. He then straughtened and cleared his throat, "Men of II Regiment: I am Lt. Colonel Dracule Mihawk, Gray Knight of the Order. I'm proud to stand here with you all today as we go forth to defend what is ours to defend."

Turning to point at the screen, he activated a series of symbols that represented II Regiment and the expected lanes of enemy attack, "This is our area of operations: Northwest of the planet's capital city. Except for C Company. You men are to join I Regiment in Mrontilla...." Drac continued the briefing, laying everything out in an orderly fashion.

When the briefing was done Drac asked for questions. There were none, so he dismissed the men to do their final preparations. As he exited the briefing room his datapad blinked. He stepped back into the room and activated the message waiting on it:

TO:
Gray Knight Dracule "Drac" Mihawk

REGARDING:
MISSION OBJECTIVES

Greeting Lt. Colonel Drac, your regiment's objectives have shifted slightly: Captain Velasquez is to take his ships, and capture the spaceport. He has received a copy of this message as well.

This task is important it will allow us to transport the bulk of our forces and also allow for any supplies we may need.

-Grand Shadow Knight, Rorran.

Well, that's interesting. Good to know, but not terribly pertinent to my part of the operation. Still... Bringing his commlink up to hsi mouth, Drac issued an order to the squad leaders in C Company telling them about the change in plans and instructing them to alert their men. That done, he stepped out of the room again...and his commlink beeped again.

Sighing, the Mon cal slipped back into the briefing room, "Lt. Colonel Drac here."

"Sir, I have  a message for you from Captain Valesquez."

"Let's hear it, then."

"Yes, sir: "LT.CL Drac, I am sure you have received our new orders, I am taking off in the next five minutes, a quick battle is a decisive battle, however, I wanted to know if you will honor me by accompanying me on my vessel. Please respond, otherwise I will take off in fifteen minutes.

Captain Anival Velasquez."

Drac thought about the offer for a moment before replying, "Convey my thanks to the Captain, but inform him that I must decline. I will be accompanying A & B Companies down in my personal snubfighter. Other than that, just remember to stick to the timetable. Heads will roll if this deployment does not meet expectations. Lt. Col. Drac out."

Stepping through the door a third time, Drac was relieved to not hear the annoying buzz of a message coming in yet again. He stepped lively to the hangar and, arriving, found Krakana to be in full readiness. Jayus had even managed the paintjob in the short time available. He nodded in appreciation, looked around the hangar for the Chief Mechanic, and sketched him a brief salute in thanks. Then, climbing into his ship, he made his preparations.

-----

The all hands alarms rang loudly as the fleet exited hyperspace and formed up over Didornat IV. As soon as he was able, Drac jammed his throttles forward and shot out of the hangar on the Horn of Victory. Banking and angling in to point at the capital city, he found his force with his sensors. A few quick maneuvers put him in a high-foreward screening position and he settled in to lead the way down.

After a moment, though, his comm unit beeped. It was A Company's commander, "Lt. Colonel, sir. With all due respect, why are you out in a snubfighter? We certainly have room for you here with A Company's command staff."

Before Drac could reply Slasher broke in, "This is General Slasher, Captain. You haven't seen the Lt. Colonel fly yet; don't worry. You're better off with him in a snubfighter."

"Understood, sir. I apologize for being too forward."

Drac chose to break in at that moment, "No need, Captain. It was a valid concern. It shows that you're thinking. Keep that up, we'll need it on the ground."

"Yes, sir."

A moment later, when Drac glanced back at his main screen, a countdown appeared on it. The reading showed sixty seconds to atmosphere at the current rate. "Get ready, II Regiment. We're going in hard and fast."
albinostorm
ComNet Novice

albinostorm

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  82
Total Posts:  102
June 14, 2009 4:55:40 AM    View the profile of albinostorm 
Albino was genuinely impressed with the Ykntolan troops. They were crisp, clear and precise. They were also often stereotypical soldiers, walking tall and proud, and they treated Albino as if he was a war hero, or so he thought. He was not used to being in a command situation, and although he reported to Hunter, he was still above the Rank-and-file.

As Albino strode past, giving all th transports and equipment, the soldiers froze and saluted, holding it there untill Albino responded.

"please, do not do that, as far as I am concerned, I have yet to earn my stripes."

At this, all the soldiers relaxed a bit, some even daring to say a few things to each other, but most remaining sombre. Albino walked up to a Squad leader, who sharply saluted, and whipped his hand back down to his side. Albino spoke first, recognising the CAT badge on the other man's beret.

"I believe your squad is composed of snipers."

The SL replied with a smile:

"Yes, we are Ykntola's finest, so you would be led to belive."

His eyes had shifted to the Deathwind sniper rifle slung over Albino's shoulder. Albino noticed this, returning the smile,

"Good, because I have plans for your squad, can you take me to them?"

The SL replied with a nod; taking Albino to a Shuttle nearby.

The men were In the process of shifting a couple of large crates onto the shuttle, grabbing a few choice items off the top. One man, a Noghri, actually, grinned as he picked up a pair of macrobinoculars and a shoulder mounted grenade launcher, with a few shells too. He turned and secured them over his head, taking extra care with the live ammunition. He turned to see Albino and his SL, and stopped to salute, giving his friends a warning, in the form of a quick "Sirs". The others quickly followed suit, and Albino smiled as he explained the situation to them.

He was going to take them on top of some buildings, during the fortifications, in groups of 2. They would take mortars and grenade launchers and sniper rifles, and gain as much of an advantage as possible as soon as possible. He only hoped Hunter would agree with this, he thought, as he sent a politely worded, but firm request over his comlink.
Albinostorm

It is not enough to win, everyone else must lose. stockpile the tibanna gas and load the diamond boron missiles, there's gonna be slaughter tonight, lads!

FM/SCRW Albinostorm/Nazgul 14/Wing 4/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE
(=A=)
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  333
June 17, 2009 6:40:00 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival gave the order to lift off, and they did, ascending out of the ship’s hanger and into the cold embrace of space. After a while the pilot told Anival they were closer to their destination. Anival looked out the view port, the planet looked green, no tan like tattoine, or gray like couroscant, the colors made him homesick.

Anival felt the Reistlin shake as  it enter into the atmosphere, a spaceport was visible through the port.

“Captain, we have an incoming signal from the Isis.”

“Alright open it up.”

“Captain, the men are ready, shall we disembark?”

“Yes, but have them line up, I wish to talk to them.”

“Yes, sir.”

The transmission ended with a shrill beep.

“Sir we have landed.” Anival looked out the port, he could see The Isis, The Osiris, The Hermes I, and  The Hermes II, Anival disembarked, readjusting his armor, he wasn’t used to it yet ,but it offered more protection then the shabby armor the troops wore.

Anival waved at the other ships, as 40 men disembarked from the Osiris, and lined up, the other ships took of.

“Make sure we get an MAAT/I, after you drop off the other men that is.”

“Yes sir.” came the reply from the Hermes I.

Anival watched as his other ships left to drop of at a different location.

Anival stepped in front of the men, and cleared his throat.

“Men, I am sure you are all briefed, if not then our objectives are simple. To defend this spaceport, and kill anybody who tries to get in our way.” Anival paused as the men let loose a roar of agreement.

“Before I continue I want all the Squad Leaders, as well as their assistants to come forth.”

Anival waited as sixteen of the forty men came forward.

“Alright, you sixteen will wait here after I finish talking, I have questions for you.” they nodded.

“Men, we must prove that we are the best of the Ykntola, and we must become, the best.” Anival played on the men’s emotions like a Kaminoan cloner played with genes.

“You will receive additional instructions from your squad leaders, as of now your objectives are to fortify this place. Dismissed!”

Anival watched as the men started to go in different directions. Anival walked over to the remaining sixteen men.”

“Alright, I want to know each of your names, and your sqaudies names, then give me the run down on their abilities, I want to know as much as possible, how many hangnails they have had, how much gas they let loose in a week, everything.”

And with that Anival set about the task of memorizing everything about his men.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Drac
ComNet Cadet

Drac

Post Number:  207
June 20, 2009 1:15:16 AM    View the profile of Drac 
OOC:
This will be short at first, but I will flesh it out as time allows.

Drac shifted uneasily in his seat, aware of the struggle going on in the city below him but unable to do anything about it at the moment. He had to remain patient and wait until Captain Velasquez confirmed that an LZ had been secured for A & B Companies. The Mon Cal hated to be so cautious, but he well knew the Order could not stand to lose the artillery units that would be coming down with his men. If any one thing was going to save them in the upcoming battle, it would likely be the artillery.

In an effort to pass the time, he opened a communication on the comm channel shared by all the officers of A & B Companies, "Men of the IX Hispania Brigade, here is where we prove our worth. Our goal is simple: Drive the enemy from the planet and defend the Capitol City. Our means is simple too: If it's not a civilian and it's not a servant of the Order and its Grand Shadowmaster, kill it. We're here to stay and we mean business. Give no quarter to our enemy and ask for none in return.

"I need not say anything about what will happen if you should fail to do your duty this day; I know that will not be the case. You are the best trained, most disciplined, and most courageous unit that will see action today. Your enemies are fighting for personal gain, for duty, or for no reason at all. But not you. I know what you fight for, men of the IX Hispania Brigade, I know who you fight for. You fight for each other and for the Order we have all sworn fealty to. Keep that in mind today and let no one who fights for a lesser cause stand strong before you.

"Best of luck, men. I'll see you on the ground. Lt. Colonel Mihawk over and out."

Moments later the Mon Cal heard the shound he'd been waiting for hours for. Captain Velasquez came over the comm unit, "Lt. Col., C Company has secured a landing zone at the spaceport. You're clear to bring in your troops."

Thumbing the talk switch, Drac replied, "Acknowledged, Captain. Beginning our descent." Flipping a switch, he moved to the previous channel, "This is it, men. All craft, make for the spaceport at Mrontilo."

Suiting action to words, the Lt. Col. pushed his throttle forward and led the way down. As he entered the atmosphere and began to see superheated air stream orange and red around the E-Wing's shields a short narrow-beam message appeared on his monitor: Teskil in position. Awaiting further orders. That brought a confident smile to his face, a smile that turned into something else...something wilder and more vicious than true humor. Drac's blood was up, and he was ready for a battle.

A few short minutes brought Drac into range of the spaceport. As he circled it, he could see C Company taking up positions in the area. He hit the comm again, "A & B Companies, begin landing troops. All units are to form up and orient toward the highway leading southeast toward Capitol City. I will remain airborne and provide air cover until both companies have landed."

Both Captains confirmed his orders and the first ships of B Company touched down within moments. They unloaded quickly, then turned back toward space and the safety of the fleet. They were followed by C Company's transports in short order as the rest of Drac's unit assembled in the LZ. He followed the transports up with his eyes, suppressing an urge to pull his fighter's nose up and follow them. There's going to be a space battle, and a good one. But, that's not what I'm here for today. Krakana may have to wait to taste her first prey.

Landing, Drac exited his fighter. After a moment he ordered the R5 Unit that served as his hyperspace navcomputer to use directional thrusters to follow the convoy as it moved toward Capitol City. That done, he turned to his two Captains, who had just approached, "What's the sitrep?"

"No problems so far, sir. Enemy contact is negative, as expected, and the road to Capitol City is clear," was the report from Company A's Captain.

"Excellent. Let's move out, then. I want Mynock squad to take point. Have them keep an eye out for oncoming traffic, as well as possible ambush points. Longshot and Krayt Dragon squads are to form up on the artillery batteries. They're to keep an eye on the sky and another on each side of the column. Those batteries have to arrive intact, no matter the cost."

Turning to the Captain of Company B, Drac continued, "Have Comet squad trail our column to ensure nothing sneaks down the road after us. Klick and Shockwave are to remain with the main group, but at the end of the column. They're our main defense if something does come out of Mrontilo."

Now addressing both officers, "Those are the only special placement orders. Other than that, I want A Company preceding the artillery pieces and B Company trailing them. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, Colonel."

"Good," Drac gestured toward Capitol City, "Then let's move out. We need to have as much time as possible to plan our defense...to ensure that numbers don't matter in this battle, becuase they won't be on our side. And if the enemy does get to Capitol City, you can be sure that will be the case."
Grahim
ComNet Initiate

Grahim

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  118
Total Posts:  284
June 20, 2009 8:07:51 AM    View the profile of Grahim 
Grahim was inspecting his Theta transport ship Mackaneek. As he noticed that he was receiving a transmission.

“You need to go to these coordinates. It’s a planet called Didnorat IV.” A voice said and a pair of coordinates showed up on the screen. “Remember those coordinates. This message will erase itself in 10 seconds.” Grahim ran to the RAIDERS barrack. When he arrived he noticed that only Havock was there.

“Havock, isa itsa okeeday if mesa takes a vacation or permission or whatsa itsa isa called?” Grahim asked.

“It’s okay. Have fun.” Havock responded. Grahim grabbed his gear and carried it to the Mackaneek. Grahim put his stuff in the cargo hold. And set the coordinates for Didnorat IV. Grahim put the ship on autopilot. Grahim went to the back of the ship.

“T3 could yousa wake mesa up fifteen minutes before wesa shall go out of hyperspace.” Grahim said and the T3 unit beeped to prove that it understood the order. Grahim sat down in one of the chairs and then fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~
45 minutes later.

The T3 unit was beeping.

“Mesa isa awake” Grahim said and the droid stop beeping. Grahim went to the cockpit to make sure that they were on the right way. Grahim checked everything and turned of the autopilot. Mackaneek went out of hyperspace. The Mackaneek docked to the ship that Grahim’s CO should be on. Grahim came up the turbolift.

“Alright, I want to know each of your names, and your sqaudies names, then give me the run down on their abilities, I want to know as much as possible, how many hangnails they have had, how much gas they let loose in a week, everything.” Anival said. Grahim felt disgust when he heard Anival’s voice. Anival had tried to shot Grahim on the planet Hrail. Grahim understood that Anival was his CO. Anival turned around to go.

“Hideo Anival.” Grahim said with an acid tone. Anival turned around again.

“This is Captain Grahim he is my XO.” Anival said.
Private Grahim Nass Sad
TRP/PVT Grahim/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  337
June 21, 2009 11:12:35 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival turned around, Grahim had landed a few minutes after he had gotten a message.

“This is my XO, Grahim.” Anival said motioning towards the gungan, hiding his distaste.

Anival smiled convincingly, or so he thought, he was trying really hard to get along with the non-humans.

“Grahim, the command tent is near my ship, and our personal tents are a bit apart, I have also taken the liberty of assigning a squad to bodyguard detail, for security, only two of a squad will be used as that purpose. I will give you the tour later.”

Anival turned around, took a data pad, and copied the contents into another, turning and handing the pad to Grahim, he dismissed the other occupants.

“Study that, our lives could depend on it.”

Grahim nodded and looked at him, a look that Anival thought was shock, and alertness, shock that Anival was being nice, and alertness for any traps, he might be laying.

“Grahim you can choose two members of any squad, just remember only two, I have picked mine out already.”

“We, that is, me and you, will be bunked in the spaceport, our Command center is in the spaceport Control center, our troops well that is, the ones that won’t get stuck with patrol duty, will rest in that building over there.” Said Anival pointing towards a building.

Grahim was silent through it all, only nodding and murmuring agreement.

Anival patted Grahim on the  back.

“Maybe a pitcher of ale will get you into spirits.” Beamed Anival, as he steered Grahim to a cantina.

A Twi’lek waitress walked up to them, Anival didn’t say anything just smiled, Twi’leks did look good, for not being human.

“A pitcher of your best ale, two bantha steaks, and if you can find a sabbac deck, the bigger the tip!”

The waitress smiled and walked off.

OOC:
Watch this area as a map will follow. if you are not slasher and you don't like the map, to bad. Lucky you're even getting this. PS. BETTER MAP TO FOLLOW. THIS IS THE SPACEPORT ONLY
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 21, 2009 11:28:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 21, 2009 11:29:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 21, 2009 11:30:34 PM)]
Drac
ComNet Cadet

Drac

Post Number:  219
June 22, 2009 5:08:06 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Drac was quite pleased to see Capitol City's outskirts only half a klick away. They'd made good time, and the enemy had yet to attack. Raising a hand, he ordered the column to stop. The two company commanders and the artillery commander made their way over, and Drac spread out a map against the side of a nearby artillery piece.

Looking at Aurek Company's commander first, Drac began pointing to different areas of the map as he explained his troop placements, "Aurek Company will take the northern half of our defenses. I want Longshot squad in and on the top floor of the Shipping Office; it has the best height around. Sarlacc squad will be on guard duty on the main floor there. Pacifier Platoon will take position in the first warehouse on the northern side of the main road, right next to the Shipping Office. They're our main line of defense. Mynock squad will base out of there, running patrols along the road and to the north. Ysalamir squad will set up shop in the second warehouse as our backup. They're to defend the artillery at all costs. Understood?"

"Yes, Colonel. We'll get it done."

"Excellent. You're dismissed to brief your men." The Captain left, heading for the front of the column.

Now addressing Besh Company's commander, Drac laid out the southern half of the defense, "Half of Klick squad is to take position in the Administration Offices, with the other half setting up on the Storage Tower. Nova will defend that structure along with them. Comet squad will be doing the same thing as the Mynocks, just on the south side of the main road. And Nebula squad will set up in the second warehouse. Gundark Platoon will dig in at the first warehouse, mirroring the Pacifiers. Any questions?"

"No, sir. We'll see that its done."

"Do that. Dismissed."

The last officer left standing by Drac was the artillery batteries' commander. Drac pointed out a large parking area just to the north of the main road, "Set up your artillery units there and dig in. Be ready for fire missions soon."

"Yes, sir. We'll be ready."

Done giving out orders, Drac took a moment to update the instructions for his fighter, ordering it to be placed at the north end of the artillery plaza. He'd be able to get to it quickly there. Once he'd finished with that, he waved the column on.

It only took a few minutes to reach their target area, scout it, and begin setting up shop. Drac left the setup of his command post to Aurek Company's captain, since they'd be sharing the building, and toured the defenses. He stopped by each squad, inspecting their work and talking to them. He even learned a good bit himself.

Once Drac finished with Aurek, he moved toward the southern half of the area to inspect Besh. When he got to the road, though, he was surprised to find a group of men maneuvering heavy turbolift trucks into place across the road. Spotting the senior member of the group, a Sergeant, he intercepted the man, "Sergeant, what are you men doing?"

The man turned, snapped a salute, and reported, "Colonel. We're creating a roadblock here. These trucks ought to slow them down, and if we can take out some of their heavy vehicles when they stall out right in front of it, we can completely block the road."

Looking over the scene again, the Mon Cal saw that the man was right. He realized that, being a pilot, he'd forgotten to think in two dimensions rather than three. After all, that roadblock wouldn't to a thing to stop his fighter even though it would serve this purpose admirably, "I see, Sergeant. Good work, carry on."

"Sir." The man nodded and moved off, already shouting at a Private.

All in all, Aurek and Besh Companies were very efficient. It didn't take long for them to dig in, choosing positions, setting out spare ammo, and fortifying weak points. They even managed to find some thick duracrete barriers to set up at the corners of the warehouses as bunkers.

Satisfied that they were ready, Drac pulled out his commlink to report. Before he could, though, a signal came in on his private channel. He turned it on, then listened, "Task force in position, awaiting further orders." The message repeated once, then ended. The Mon Cal smiled, now very satisfied.

Turning to a very secure channel, he spoke into the commlink, "Admiral Bacredi, this is Lt. Colonel Drac. Do you read me?"

"I read you Colonel, but why call me on my private commlink?" He could hear the irritation in the man's voice.

"Because this frequency is secure. I have something to tell you, Admiral. I have a small taskforce in position to assist as neccessary. Nothing really big, but enough to cause some damage. If you need it, call me. Otherwise I'll let you know when I bring them in."

After finishing that conversation, Drac finally reported in to Slasher, "Sir, Aurek and Besh companies are in position and dug in. We're as ready for them as we'll get."
[This message has been edited by Drac (edited June 22, 2009 10:29:39 PM)]
Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1350
June 22, 2009 7:40:58 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
“Sir! Contacts coming in, seems to be the planetary defence force!” A yeoman at sonar reported, printing out a hard copy for Bacredi. Bacredi picked it up and looked down at it. Shit, Bacredi thought, nothing our ships can’t handle, though. Just what ships to send…. He had it, he looked up at another yeoman waiting to type out a message. The yeoman’s terminal was blank except for the blinking line that was waiting for a word to be pressed into it.

“Yeomen, send to Iron Duke, Surprise, Euphrates, Aegis Fate, all of Cobalt Wing to intercept positions.” The yeomen began to type out after Bacredi issued his string of orders, and he typed with 1 word per second and sent it. He looked up again and Bacredi already had all of his other orders ready. “Yeomen, new message—send to all ships excluding the ones you just sent to…inform them to blockade the planet.”

“Yes, sir.” He smiled as he typed the message and sent it to the fleet. All ships began to adjust their course to move into a threaded formation—which would be patrolled by the fighters and ships. The capital ships would stay in one formation, however. The blockade should stop this next advance.

"Connect me with our captain on the surface." Bacredi immediately saw a image go up of Lieutenant Grenn.

"Grenn here." Grenn had his pilot's helmet on and was most likely doing a routine patrol.

"Grenn, move all of our wings slash fighters up to the surface. This blockade has to stop the enemy's advance." Bacredi finished sadistically. He knew they would.

"I shall," it looked like he flipped something. "All fighters, move to the surface in squadrons. This is Lieutenant Grenn."

"Thank you, Lieutenant."

"Aye aye, sir."
1st Lieutenant Zhar Bacredi
Active Duty, Stormtrooper Corps

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."
Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

Post Number:  401
June 23, 2009 11:02:38 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
Lt. General Slasher looked at the information on the datapad he had just been handed,

Entire brigade landed, bringing down support vehicles and armor, expect to be done within 2 hours. Scans of the planet's surface indicate that the enemy forces are moving on your positions, it appears that they now have light armored vehicles also, estimated time to contact, 50 minutes. Recommend moving forward the Armored platoon to engage these vehicles as soon as possible.

Turning to Drac, Slasher says, "Colonel, have your men make it a priority to get down the armored fighting vehicles, I want Steel platoon headed forward as soon as possible, the enemy is using light Armored Personnel carriers, so i want them nullified ASAP."

"Yes General"

Turning to his Communications Technician, Slasher says, "Patch me through to the Horn of Victory,"

"Yes sir"

"Horn of Victory, this is Lt. General Slasher, scramble Emerald Squadron, have them come down to provide support to the ground forces, I'm sending up known target locations."

OOC:
Sorry for the short post, it is late, anyway, here is the enemy info:

465x GX12 Hovervan http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/4/cat/46/product/664/
465x KAAC Freerunner APC http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/4/cat/46/product/666/
750x X-34 Landspeeder TECHNICAL http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/4/cat/30/product/138/
750x X-31 Landspeeder TECHNICAL http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/4/cat/30/product/1064/

80% of the technicals carry: http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/5/cat/21/product/1164/
20% carry: http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/5/cat/21/product/1163/

Our reinforcements at present are as follows:
12x Warsprite from the Horn of Victory (Emerald Squadron)
2x TIE Maulers
3x 2-M SABER-CLASS REPULSOR TANK http://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/4/cat/46/product/1026/
1x Gian Speeder
1x Flash Speeder
2x Speeder bikes
1x T-16 Skyhopper
The armored vehicles except the skyhopper will head out to engage the enemy as soon as they are all on the ground, they are under my control, with Drac having rights to write with them for now, as he is the area commander.

BARman, will be making an appearance soon.

Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1354
June 24, 2009 8:52:19 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
RAF Smuggler’s Moon, Bridge.

The Gallofree Medium Transport—commonly abbreviated GR-75—went through space slowly but patrolled thoroughly. The Smuggler’s Moon had a small escort of 4 Raven Starfighters—from Red Squadron’s 3rd flight, and was in constant contact with the Invincible. The captain of the Moon—Lieutenant Commander Namache—waited patiently for any contacts…if there’d be any. The sonar operator looked up and quickly dialed a key above his head.

“Sonar contact, just jumped out of hyperspace.” The sonar operator repeated his findings to the bridge, and the captain looked as calm as ever. The captain turned around and looked for the officer of the watch.

“Officer of the watch turn towards the enemy, alert Red Flight. Battle stations.”

RAF Invincible, Bridge.

Zhar Bacredi heard the ping first—then the rest of the bridge reacted. “What the hell was that?” Bacredi queried.

“A message from the Smuggler’s Moon, I’ll read it now—‘Sighting of enemy ship, CR-20 transport. We have our techs checking the name and transponder codes now. We only have 1 flight of reinforcements, over.’” The yeomen turned back to his screen.

“Bloody hell, inform Red Squadron to for up on us and bring White Knight Squadron.” The Invincible turned full rudder towards the Smuggler’s Moon and began to pump her engines. Within the hangar of the Invincible, the pilots of White Knight Squadron began to load up into their bombers. They had just gotten out of the bombers from a routine patrol. Lieutenant Koren—White Knight’s Commander—saluted the men as they all got on and the ion shield fell for a second. The fighters flew out.

Red 9, Raven-Class Snubfighter.

“Unidentified transport this is Red 9, RAF to YOB Subflotilla. Do you read me, over?” Red 9 flew over the unidentified transport and her counterpart. Red 9 thought to himself as the transmission came back.

“Red 9 this is YOV Devastation, we read you. We are proceeding to course as ordered. We require an escort to the surface.” Red 9 turned back in towards the Moon after clicking confirmation.

Smuggler’s Moon this is Red 9…target is one of ours.”
1st Lieutenant Zhar Bacredi
Active Duty, Stormtrooper Corps

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."
Drac
ComNet Cadet

Drac

Post Number:  239
July 1, 2009 12:06:18 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Will write out a post tomorrow. For now, all Order members are free to check out the following map and key. The key details the objects on the map, and the map is the initial placement for II Regiment's A & B Companies, as well as the artillery units.

Well, I tried to write a post, which I accidentally deleted...I've gotta get up early tomorrow, so I'm not going to rewrite it. Here's the gist of it, though: When A & B Companies get hit hard, they'll slowly fall back along the main road, taking advantage of defensive positions they're currently building...defenses designed to be very effective against the enemy ahead, but with little protection for behind. That way, Order defenses will be of little use to the enemy.

Well, that's it for me kiddos. I'm heading off on my mission trips, so you won't see me for about three weeks. Slasher, of course, has ground command of my forces (with my permission to post from Drac's perspective if he likes.). Have a good few weeks, guys!

-Drac
[This message has been edited by Drac (edited July 1, 2009 11:32:45 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Drac (edited July 1, 2009 11:34:55 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ykntola Foundations - Ykntola Order Members only  |  New Posts    

All times are CST. The time now is 9:48:01 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 397  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >