Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  760
Total Posts:  1385
  RE: Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
May 3, 2009 10:04:00 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
After a few moments it didn't take long before comments flew in over at Saph. She merely smiled and nodded as she rubbed her stomach. it was slightly sore, but it would pass after a few more moments.

"Saph.. That was pretty awesome what you did there." Sam said and took a ration out from a small pack.

"It wasn't much.. But I think you need to run faster." She replied with a smirk.

"You weren't in half armor..."

"We're not even there yet.. I won't put it on until we get the signal to ready..." Again she smiled as Sam nodded for a moment and took a bit out of his ration.

"Yea.. But what if we're ambushed now?" He said with a mouthful.

A few snickers came from the troopers that knew her well enough. Saphira couldn't help but grin wider. A cat with cream look as his face gave a look to confusion as he swallowed his food.

"Then we work with what we have. It's not the first time I have not had armor to work with. Besides, that's what training is for. In case you didn't know that." A few giggles came and as she turned her head to see where it was coming from they stopped. Her Lek'ku twitched over her shoulder. "Besides, you can't always rely on the armor."

"Is that why you're not in the armor. Or at least in part of it?" Came Brocks voice. Striker turned and looked over to see a smile on his face.

Oh, this should be interesting.

"Had I, you and Sam would have been left behind on your own.. So in a way Yes.. "

"I see -" He paused for a moment so she took the time to try to change the subject before it got ugly.

"Brock, I need you to check your weapon, that wasn't a smart thing to do -"

"So that's why your legs are nice and smooth, Strong too. I like that in a women who works out."

They both said at the same time. Instantly there was dead silence in the room as the Twi'lek stood up and walked slowly over to him. Brock stood to and crossed his arms.

"What did.. you just say Corporal?" The Twi'lek's voice was filled with venom and those nearest to them slide away as far as they could on the truck. The fact she was using rank meant she was very angry as her silver eyes drew to dark slits. Had they been laser's, there would have been a roasted Brock right there in that instant. She was the higher rank in that moment as he crossed a line.

"I was... Just .. meaning to say that as a complement Sa-"

' WACK '

Her right fist flew and hit brock square in the right side of his jaw. he fell forward only to be slammed back up against the back of the siding. Eyes opened wide and no one dared to say anything yet. In that moment Doc decided to come see what the noise was as Saphira backed off to take a seat across from Brock. Riq took one look at Brock and then eyed Saphira for a moment. There was nothing to be said as he looked at the rest of the Squad.

"What happened?" Riq asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. Sam raised his hand and Riq nodded.

"Uh..Brock kinda said something he shouldn't have to Gunny Sarg Striker..." Sam said as Doc looked to see Brocks eyes practically rolling to the inside of his head as he rubbed his jaw. There would be a nice lump and bruise there later.

"Corporal?" Riq asked as Brock looked to him. Checking him over to make sure She hadn't hurt him to badly.

"I. Just complimented on her legs..." He started as Saph looked over and glared again.

"Enough Saphira..."

"Yes sir..."

"Brock.. You should have known better.. Striker has been around for a while... and.. you need to watch what you say..." he stood and looked over to her. "I trust you won't kill anyone if I leave now to go back up front?"

"No Sir. Not unless they ask for it..." She replied as Doc nodded. There was nothing more to say. After he left she looked to Brock and gave a deadly smile....
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  590
Total Posts:  794
May 4, 2009 2:21:06 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
“Hoo, it has been a while since I’ve had to run like that,” the Zabrak said with a laugh looking to break the tension, “I guess that’s what happens when you take a break from the hustle and bustle of the military.”

“That is true Sergeant,” replied Riqimo, “I think we may have to get you back into shape in a hurry.”

Sam nodded in agreement; although, he dreaded the intensive workout that could be a head of him, yet knew that it would still be nothing like the stuff he had to go through when he was a kid on Iridonia. He looked about at the others. He knew most of the squad from prior instances, but there were a few faces that he had not seen before.

Sam leaned back and ran his hand through his battle worn crown of horns and short blond hair that he neglected to clear from his scalp after a number of weeks. He did not much care for hair, but the condition of his horns made him a bit self-conscious about his looks.

“By the way Lieutenant, she always fly off the handle like that?” Sam asked with no regard to prevent Saphira from hearing. Within seconds, he knew that he may have struck a nerve with his Assistant Squad Leader.

“You might want to keep an eye on your tongue, Zabrak,” Saphira spoke sharply.

“Oh, come now. You may be my superior in position, but that’s not going to cause me to lose any ground. It was a simple question, which just might have been answered by your reaction,” Sam replied nonchalantly.

“Enough,” Riqimo stated sternly, “No need for someone else to get hurt. We aren’t here to entice hatred amongst each other.”

“Yes sir, you’re right,” Saphira answered quickly. The Zabrak nodded without a dispute.

Brock recovering from the blow to the chin took a seat next to Sam whispering, “You may have just earned yourself a grudge, sir.”

“Again, no need for formalities with me.  Besides, I’m not worried. I like to test the waters on occasion.”
TRP/SFC Sandwich Sam/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BM][GS][EW1][CoR][CDS][SRP]

Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammar, that asshole will just put you into a false sense of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  425
May 4, 2009 5:23:11 AM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash sat and listened as Grahim, Ron and the scout trooper discussed what there problems were as usual all the problems seemed to occur from the scout troopers own prejudices. As the argument became a little more heat Karash quite unwittingly took out his combat knife and placed it on his lap, he had not down it to cause any harm but it was just a reflex action as things got worse.

“Because he is ugly as hell and his tongue can do things a tongue can’t do” This was the last thing Karash heard before his SL reached down and yanked the combat knife form his hands and throw it out the window. "Deal with it!  Or I'll finish off this argument once and for all!" The squads SL seemed to be losing his temper ans was sign for everyone to stop.

Karash watched as both Jae and Hav exited the half-track and went out on to the streets of the city, Karash did not want to get out of the vehicle as he could see from the window what horrors could be waiting out there. Although he did not really care who died it was the thought that what had happened here could happen to them at any point. As both Hav and Jae re-entered the vehicle there faces were not upset or sad they just seemed taken aback by what was out there.

“Suit up.” Ron said to his squad.

The troopers already had their standard armour on as they were not allowed to wear any of their custom armour; people also started to get their rifles and check them over people were now getting more and more anxious to get out of these rolling tin cans. As Karash made some checks of his own he could see no obvious problems and rested his DT-57 blaster pistol in its holster and sat his DC-17M next to him.

There was a new trooper in the squad that was now going around and being introduced to everyone by the Gungan; it was difficult enough to learn people’s names in the first place with out listening to them in a gunganese accent. As his time approached to be introduced Karash remembered how much he hated small talk and hope he didn’t linger for too long.

“Hello my name is Karash; you can call me Kar but please no other variations on that.” Karash sat before a minute before nodding and moving Baretz on too the next person. 

The way Karash had spoken was rude but it was no time to linger on your people skills as they were ever approaching the time when they would have to get out and fight, everyone was beginning to forget previous arguments however the atmosphere was no more relaxed it was actually tenser than ever. 

As the troopers sat in the transports and quite literally rolled along the road towards what ever situation they were entering Karash began to let him mind wander and pay less and less attention to his surroundings, he only hoped that they wouldn’t be here for too much longer.

TRP/PFC_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  763
May 4, 2009 12:15:00 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
“By the way Lieutenant, she always fly off the handle like that?” Sam asked with no regard to prevent Saphira from hearing. Within seconds, he knew that he may have struck a nerve with his Assistant Squad Leader.

He could be right about that... Saph mused silently before adding to the conversation.

“You might want to keep an eye on your tongue, Zabrak,” Saphira spoke sharply. There was a small hint on humor in her voice that only one or two troopers could catch.

“Oh, come now. You may be my superior in position, but that’s not going to cause me to lose any ground. It was a simple question, which just might have been answered by your reaction,” Sam replied nonchalantly.

“Enough,” Riqimo stated sternly, “No need for someone else to get hurt. We aren’t here to entice hatred amongst each other.”

“Yes sir, you’re right,” Saphira answered quickly. The Zabrak nodded without a dispute. "For now..." She added. Doc looked back to Saph who easily lead back and stretched her arms over her head. "What? It was only an innocent suggestion..." Another snicker came and quickly vanished as Doc looked around.

"I'm Serious Saphy... Watch it..." Doc replied and she stared at him. God did she hate it when he called her that. Yea, it was her nick, but using it on a mission in front of the others drove her nuts. It was then she flickered her gaze over to Sam and Brock who where whispering to each other. With her sensitive hearing she felt her lek twitch and caught the last bit from the zabrak.

“Again, no need for formalities with me. Besides, I’m not worried. I like to test the waters on occasion.”

Oh... It's so on... I don't know what those two exactly said, but I'm going to keep an eye out on them two.

Standing she walked over and glared down at the two who looked up and smiled.

"Yes?" They both said at the same time. Saph tapped her foot as Riq watched her. Saphira knew she had to keep her cool. After all, they were needed for the mission.

"I don't know what you two were talking about.." She lied partly, not letting them know that she heard the ending sentence. "Don't make me regret saving your rear ends back there. We need you now.. But after this mission.." She let the threat hang in the air and looked to Doc who Merle Sighed. He knew her well enough that she wouldn't strike out unless warranted. The nice lump on Brock's face was apparent enough.

Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  171
Total Posts:  997
May 4, 2009 12:26:20 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer had lost track of time, he had lost track of pretty much everything. He had found a pretty tree and was starring at it off in the distance with his scope. He felt the convoy shudder and stop, he had also lost track of how many times they had stopped.

"Someone remind me when we get back... If we get back, to buy the Empire new trucks. Or to at least let us blow these up." Someone said, Joamer did not look up but it sounded like Anival. He was no psychologist, but even he could pick up the subtle tremors in his voice, he was beginning to crack.

They all were, even the elitists scouts were showing signs, small eye tremors, or twitching of the lips. Pretty soon this truck would be filled with inmates heading for the nearest insane asylum. He wondered if the other two trucks had snapped yet, he figured they would of had to by now. Wraith were used to high stress situations, they usually thrived on those types of missions, but now he feared this mission would finally break them.

"Maybe this is a test." Someone who sounded like RK muttered a few minutes later. "Maybe there is no mission, and this is all a psychological evaluation."

"I think we all pretty much failed." Someone said, it was not a voice Joamer recognized.

"Well, at least Joamer snapped before anyone else did." Anival mumbled.

"He insulted my Strill, insult me all you want, but never her." Joamer said a couple seconds later.

The scout with the shattered shoulder said nothing, only starred off into the distance. After the pain had become to much, and with the persistence only Helena was capable of, he let her tend to his wound. The goofy smile he had was proof enough that the pain killers were working.

"He's a screwball anyways." One of the scouts said quietly. "I've wanted to deck him a couple times. Glad someone had the courage enough to do it."

Minutes passed, the air in the truck had long become stagnant, the smell of sweat saturated the air. Joamer wondered who would be the next one to snap. He doubted it would be long.

He started imagining the tree starring at him, and only the patient eyes of Helena stopped him for flipping the safety off and blowing the tree apart. Mumbling quietly to himself he starred the tree down, he vowed he would not be the next one to snap.

"I miss my Lurk." He said minutes, or hours later, it was said so quietly he doubted anyone would of heard it, but the silence in the truck was deafening.

"Oh shut up!" RK roared suddenly, everyone jumped. "I'm sick and tired of hearing you whine about that thing. Every time you are away from her, for a day you start the whining."

Joamer tried standing up, but found a calm palm on his chest. He did not realize he was shaking until Helena smiled, she had her other hand up fully intending to slap him. Taking a few deep breaths he relaxed and nodded once.

What he did not expect was her explosion.

"That is it!" She shouted suddenly, jumping up she began pacing the small truck back and forth glaring at everyone, including Kanderin. "You are all acting like a bunch of whiny babies! I am sick of it, we are Wraith squad, one of the most elite groups in the Empire. We are considered to be spec ops, that means we are better then the best. But, you all are tarnishing the name men and woman have died to build up."

"I don't care if high command changed the spec we are identified by. You can not change the fact that we are special operations. We do the things that do not go on record. By the end of this mission you had better remember what insignia you wear, or you can find yourselves a new squad." She said, the last bit was a bit calmer, but not by much. Muttering to herself she sat back down.

No one in the truck so much as breathed loud. Even the scouts looked shaken by the petite medics outburst. Joamer had turned slowly to starring out of his scope, he found the tree again and vowed he would not blink first.
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  681
Total Posts:  823
May 4, 2009 3:43:30 PM    View the profile of RK 
It was once said Wraiths survived in darkness, but now trapped in an ever slowing vehicle that darkness was beginning to eat at them. They could feel it, the control they so carefully held onto was slipping, every time they thought they had a firm grip it slipped away. It was like another worldly being, you could almost feel it around you, and you could feel it eating you away, slowly, from the inside out.

When will this end? RK’s thoughts began to spin as his mind continued to slip from his grasp. He didn’t know why, but this whole mission had everyone up in arms. Honestly, he thought it was the smell, but in reality it could be that nobody wanted to be here. Still it felt good to be back, regardless of the battle going on within his mind.

“I don’t see..”  RK began, before a voice interrupted him.

“What’s that RK?” Helena’s voice filled the tightness sin the air.

“What are we doing? Seriously….” A tremor could be heard in RK’s voice

“Does it really matter?” Joamer broke his short silence, but continued it right after.

“Yes, why are we going through this madness, it doesn’t make sense. I mean I just got back, and we are already going insane… last I checked, I was the only one able to do that.”

“We will know soon enough, right now, we have bigger problems.” Kanderins voice sang into the conversation.

Now what? Regardless, I swear , if I get through this, I’m going to write a book one day. RK’s heart sank as the silence returned.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Cadet

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  256
Total Posts:  1075
May 4, 2009 7:30:25 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival let loose a small smile at RK’s joke, he was one of the only people he knew that could keep their sense of humor in a bad situation.

Anival was wondering the same thing, but he hadn’t voiced it aloud. He pondered RK’s question.

“RK…..” said Anival, and trailed off.

RK looked up and waited for Anival to find the right words.

“Everything we do at first doesn’t make sense. Remember what we did in the Vectra system?” Anival saw RK wince, and several of the Levains perked up with interest.

“Well, at first I thought it was pointless then I thought of something.”

RK waited.

“We are all pointless.” Anival looked around as several men grunted in disagreement.

“All the things we have done aren’t for us, or for glory, it is for the good of the empire, and the dream embedded in most of us, which is why we do our job, and are ready to die for what we believe in.”

Anival hadn’t meant to be so direct, but the sight of the dying man had awoken something in him, something he hadn’t felt since Yosefin.

RK nodded, and sat back, Joamer gave Anival a glance, and so did many of the Levains, Anival had a feeling most of the Levains didn’t care much for the empire as much as wraith, who had almost lost one of their own, all in the name of the empire.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited May 4, 2009 7:30:55 PM)]
LeGiT
ComNet Cadet

LeGiT

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  293
Total Posts:  326
May 4, 2009 9:12:34 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
Brock turned his head to find Sam behind him, and had a momentary impulse to say something witty, something like “See what happens when you mess with… Saphy?”

Sam nodded, faintly amused, knowing that Saphira had a sudden nostalgia about troopers calling her by that name. Even with the bruised-up lump on his cheek, Brock didn’t seem to be afraid of her ease dropping their at conversation. But that didn’t explain why he had such a soft tone, sharp but faded as he spoke about her.

Day 01
Granus Plains, 12.30

They reconvened in the same room after dusk, the lights stayed on round the clock, with a fluctuating circuit that kept the squad annoyed to the point where they couldn’t sleep anymore. Riqimo cleared his throat, forcibly, just enough to catch everyone’s attention. He saw someone had liberated a folding table and a handful of chairs, making it a perfect place to hold a squad briefing. He sat, adjusting his imperial officer uniform to fit his posture. Carefully brushing off the dust that remained fiddling in the cargo area by a swipe of his hand. Not the best place for a pre-briefing, but this’ll do, Riqimo thought to himself as he squared his datapad in front of him and unfolded several coordinate maps and fire-plan sketches. Not a minute too soon, a culmination of troopers neared in the vicinity, finding Brock and Sam who were already present with Saphira, who’d been with him all this time.

“Okay, here’s the scoop. They handed us the ball. We are to escort the Dagger Battalion in taking out AA guns. Before we get there, we must meet with the rest of the platoon at a rendezvous point: Agri-world to be exact.” The Lieutenant stopped for a brief pause then continued.

“All right, are we all tracking, before we get deeper into the brief?”

Brock stood up. “Two questions, sir. First off, when will we get there? And what a is our sub-objective in the mission anyways?”

“I’m not sure I can give you an answer that will satisfy you Corporal. HQ hasn’t necessarily gone over the details. I’m just giving out what I know to this point.” The Lieutenant said before pointing out several coordinates; type of target, insertion point, extraction point, avenues of approach, and nearby civilian installations along the perimeter.

“As soon as we get ‘outta here, we’ll move as a Ranger file. Reason being is to keep a strong base of communication through the mission. Reminder this is an escort, and communication is key. Keep position eye contact to the man on your rear.  Share any Intel you find, even the simplest one. You just never know these days. I’ll designate some rally points along the way every thousand miles before we reach our rendezvous point. Until then, sit back and get ready. We are in for a long night.” Riqimo said, almost running out of breath on that one, before having Saphira give him a pat on the back.

As the squad dispersed, Brock was standing there alone, just besides the window. He closed his eyes and sent his thoughts out wide, past the horizon, past the night itself. A puzzled frown creased his forehead as rubbed his mouth. Thoughts of his two year old filled his mind as he starred at the sky. He watched as the starts shined fluorescently while the moom radiated elegantly, turning the dark mongroves into a soothing site to see.  All the sudden, Brock noticed a presence to his right; he turned his head slightly just to find Saphira standing besides him. With a swift movement of his finger he managed to swipe the tear trailing his cheek. But it wasn’t concealed enough for Saphira not to notice.

“Whaddup Brocky, a little emotional?” she muttured, without objecting her eyes, trying to cease the emotions within him.

“What are you talking about? Get real…The dust here fucks up with my eye, that’s all.” He replied jokingly, before giving her a friendly smile.
~ C l e a r l y I t a l i a n ~

Stormtrooper Corps
Corporal Brock "Legit" Vik'en, Vast Empire Army
Wildcard Platoon, Iron Horse Trooper

TRP/CPL Legit/Iron Horse/Wildcard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire
[EW1] [GRP]

See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder...
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited May 4, 2009 9:13:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited May 4, 2009 9:17:32 PM)]
Raelene
ComNet n00b

Raelene

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  11
May 4, 2009 9:36:12 PM    View the profile of Raelene 
Nerves. The word that described the reason Raelene was acting the way she was.

It was also the sole thing that was playing games within her mind. Her stomach shooting up into her throat, and the butterflies that refused to go away. Her body was still shaking slightly from all the events so far during the day. “Calm Down, Rae.” She muttered to herself. It didn’t help make things any better. Glancing around, Raelene noticed a few sideways glances from her fellow squad members and sighed. 

She dazed out for a few seconds. “Suit up.” The command came sternly from the squad leader, Ron and snapped her out of the small daze.

“Time to get your head in the game.” The statement played in her mind repeatably over the 'what if' questions that were present, and Raelene hoped it would get her out of these rookie jitters.

She grabbed her E-11 blaster rifle and briefly checked over the all the major components and declared it up to par.

As Rae sat the rifle back down, she looked at the new addition of RAIDERS. Grahim had introduced Baretz to her; it made her a little more comfortable that she was not the only new member in the squad anymore.

Rae sat back into her spot on the half-track and took a deep breath and let it out.

She started to regain her mentality back together from the clutches from her fears earlier.

Raelene wasn’t exactly sure if she was totally prepared for what was about to go down here. If she couldn’t get prepared for this, Rae was sure that this will all come apart on her side if she didn't get it together.

Failure was not an option and she wasn't about to let down the squad.

Private Raelene Volkov
TRP/PVT Raelene/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

"The darkness may destroy my body, but it can't touch my heart."
[This message has been edited by Raelene (edited May 4, 2009 9:37:01 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Marshal

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  865
Total Posts:  903
May 4, 2009 11:27:23 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
A MUST READ POST This post includes Day 1 Instructions/orders. Enjoi. Questions and concerns may be PM'd to SLs or me, considering many SLs are out.

Day 01
Akinian Mountains, 15.10

“Ten minute break. Let the engines cool.” The order went down the line, eliciting smiles from just about everyone. Eight hours. For eight, painstaking hours, they’d been confined to the cramped quarters of their vehicles as they made their way up the sheer cliff that was the face of the Akinian mountains. Climbing out of the vehicle would’ve meant death, either falling off the cliff or being run over by the next vehicle in line. There was no room on the path for anything else.

The place they chose to stop wasn’t much more spacious. Cliffs on both sides, stretching upwards fifty feet or more, drenched the path in shadow. They were craggy and dark, filled with holes and deep shadows. Anyone could be hiding up there, Arnaut remembered thinking.

“Arnaut!” Kanderin rushed up as Arnaut hopped out of the command tank.

“How did you get up here so...nevermind.”

“At least a dozen of the half-tracks have broken down,” Kanderin panted, out of breath.  “The rear end of the convoy is trailing pretty far behind. They’re still on the cliff face.”

“The hell...” Arnaut muttered. “I thought everyone was off the cliff. We stopped specifically because we thought everyone was up.”

Kanderin shrugged. “Saw them with my own eyes. Army elements, most of them. Stopped on the path, trying to repair the trucks. We managed to repair our half-tracks a bit faster. Comes with having a disproportionate number of combat engineers in the ranks.”

“Comm tech!” Arnaut called out, striding back toward the command tank. “I need a communications tech!”

A smaller, slightly hunched man came running from the side of the vehicle where he’d been resting.

“What have you heard about the Army elements on the cliff face? Why are they lagging so much?”

“What elements, sir? No one’s called in a delay of any kind.” He dropped to a knee, unslinging his communicator as he did so. Strapped to his back, it was easily the size of most troopers’ packs. A long-range communicator, used for both ground to ground communication, and ground to space. It should’ve had no problem reaching the people less than two miles away.

“I’m not...not reaching them on the radio, sir. It’s just static.”

“Give me that,” Arnaut said brusquely, pushing the man to the side. He lifted the wired transceiver to his ear. It was static.

“Who is this? Who am I trying to reach?” Arnaut asked.

“That’s be Lieutenant Smithson. He’s the rearguard platoon. They should be at the end of the convoy.”

“And who’s next in line?” They tried a few more times, trying each of the Platoons. Nothing. Nothing at all.

“It...could be atmospherics,” the comm tech suggested hesitantly.

“Or it could be your communicator,” Arnaut grumbled. “Comm tech! I need another comm tech!”

The call went down the line until finally another figure came rushing up, his communicator strapped firmly to his back. They were all hunched, Arnaut noted. All the army communications technicians. The huge communicators they carried must’ve really been a pain to carry all the time, into battle and everything. The Stormtrooper Corps didn’t use anything like that. They’d designed smaller, stronger, short-wave comlinks. The idea was that Stormtrooper Corps members never really needed to call for orbital support. Completely independent.

The comm tech crumpled, falling face flat into the dust. There was a silent moment, where everyone stood staring. Someone in the distance must’ve said something funny, because a group of men laughed uproariously. The technician lay on the ground, unmoving.

At first Arnaut thought the man had fallen under the weight of his own pack. And then he saw the forearm sized metal rod sticking out of the man’s skull, and the dark, viscous fluid pattering into the dirt.

“Attack!” someone yelled, and Arnaut was already moving. The black rods were filling the air now, coming from all sides. An army aide fell at Arnaut’s side, clutching his throat. Another soldier took one in the eye, collapsing just like the technician.

Kanderin slid in beside Arnaut, rifle raised.

“I can’t see them!” Arnaut could barely hear him over the din. He scanned the cliffs, but all he could see were shadows. Some seem to twitch, jump, disappear suddenly and reappear, but nothing tanginble. There always seemed to be movement on just the edge of his vision, movement that disappeared as soon as he looked. He became infuriated, frustrated trying to find the attackers. The noise wasn’t helping either. Shouts, horns honking, blaster fire, and, above all, a constant swishing sound. Like a wind through leaves. It took Arnaut a moment to connect the sound with the darts raining down on them. They whistled as they flew, strangely melodic as they killed.

And they did kill. The one sound missing, Arnaut noted, were the screams of the wounded. There simply weren’t any. The shots struck with uncanny accuracy, dropping men stone dead where they stood. A rod struck the side of the truck, sticking fast in the inch thick armor plate. Arnaut gave up his attempt to find the attackers; it was time to move.

He ran, head ducked, shoulders hunched, making himself as small as possible. As it was, he felt a rod chip off his back. A split second later and it would’ve been protruding from his back. He skidded to a halt, falling down next to the half-track. The driver was slumped on the ground, and the door was partially open. Arnaut pulled it in front of him, a half second before it quivered with two metallic thunks. The other driver tried to yell something at Arnaut, but caught two in the chest.

And that is was it. It stopped. Just like that. One minute, men were falling, the next...nothing. Arnaut hesitated, looking towards the cliffs. It seemed so surreal. If not for the dead people around him, he could’ve sworn that it’d never happened.

Scout troopers from Alpha began rushing the scene tending to the very few fallen. Behind them came Wildcard. Many of them didn’t even make it all the way, stopping short to stare.

“Sir?” Riqimo was suddenly at Arnaut’s side, towering over him. “They left you intact?” He snorted derisively. “Can’t get anything right...” He pulled Arnaut to his feet.

“I’m Arnaut. No man can kill me.”

“I beg the differ,” Kanderin said loudly from the second half-track. He was standing over one of the bodies. No, Arnaut corrected himself, not just any body. The body was huge, much taller than any of the others. Its chest was covered in intricate patterns of weaving paint, except where a single blaster shot had blown it open. A thin wisp of smoke escaped from the hole.

“The hell is that?” Riqimo asked in a mock digusted voice. Or maybe he wasn’t actually mocking it at all. The beast was human, but almost horribly so, all out of proportion and shape. His arms were too wide, his head too small. He just felt...wrong. Somehow. It was horrible.

Next to his body lay a crude crossbow and a leather bag. There were more of the metal darts in the bag.

“I think,” Arnaut began, “he tried to kill us.”

OOC:
The first of many ambushes to come. They won’t all be as...devastating. Or quick. Or one-sided. There will be more, though.

In an effort to conserve words and time and for the sake of having something to do and not be bored (yes, all that and more!), missions will be posted here. No, they don’t need to be explicitly stated in my text. Yes, you may want to reference them in yours. It’s a way of crafting stories. I think. Also it saves me from boring you. Did I mention that already?

Raiders: Climb the cliff walls! Search for more dead enemies! Try not to die! Do this and more!

Wraith: Make sure all elements of the army part of the convoy get up safely. They’re stuck on the cliff. We don’t know whether they’re under attack or not. Long-range communications are out (hmm, do I smell jam?) so we can’t really talk with them. Inter-stormtrooper comlinks work, but only at short range. The army is useless for communicating now. So, anything could be happening down there. Anything at all.

Iron Horse: Scout the trail ahead with an Alpha squad and an Army Squad. Make sure nothing is waiting for us.

Things to keep in mind:

The enemy are aggressive, eight-foot tall geurilla fighters. You won’t be seeing many up close yet. They are also not cannon fodder. Notice how we only killed one and they killed like...a bunch.

The alpha platoon people are NOT cannon fodder. They’re prolly more elite than us. Keep that in mind.

The army people ARE cannon fodder. Kill them when applicable. They’re there for it. Just try to keep it realistic. There are many, but not THAT many.

This is a mission to get the creative juices flowing. It's left intentionally open-ended. Missions will become more specific as we go on. These will end on Thursday, since I posted it a day late.
First Sergeant Arnaut
PC/1SG Arnaut/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. " - Terry Pratchett
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited May 7, 2009 4:19:19 PM)]
Bacardi
ComNet Initiate

Bacardi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  183
Total Posts:  206
May 5, 2009 12:37:11 AM    View the profile of Bacardi 
Harrier Squad—the Squad of Army troops assigned to work with Alpha Squad and Iron Horse—moved in the front and back of the small formation. Alpha Squad was spread out as well, while Iron Horse stood together. 27 troops in total.

“Spread out.” Riqimo ordered. The group did so as the trail began to fade, Bacardi was with three Army grunts and an Alpha. The five of them slowly crept through the trees, four more Army grunts were visible through the trees. Five minutes passed and Bacardi turned around to see the three—no, two—Army grunts raising their rifles, one of them had an arrow in the heart. It had pierced right through all armour. Bacardi ran up to a tree and pressed his back against it, one of the Army grunts began to report it in, and the one Alpha spook was looking through his scope. They were all now spread out enough that it’d take a pro to get them all in one swoop.

A shot rang out from the Alpha’s rifle. The spook then turned around and dashed towards the trees, an arrow buzzed over his head. The man bent next to Bacardi, on a knee, he then began transmitting his data. “Bugger’s in the tree, I missed, though,” a static sound was heard, and it meant the spook was changing his com to squad. “Cover me.” He turned around the corner of the tree at the same time as Bacardi. Gaz raised his M82-G Assault Rifle, didn’t have time to take aim, so he just fired at he location. Shots brazed the tree’s stump and probably didn’t do any damage. The Army grunts his the deck as another arrow buzzed over them. They began to take aim with their E-11s.

“We’re coming in from the east,” the voice of some Stormtrooper was heard. The small team that Bacardi had seen earlier turned out to be a Fire Team, according to his helmet’s visor. Bacardi ducked behind the tree as another arrow came out of the enemy’s crossbow. The Fire Team moved around the trees, silently. The Alpha was no where to be seen, and Bacardi began to search around for him. ‘Spook’, as Bacardi had just nicknamed him, was stealthily moving around, waiting for the gorilla-like human to show itself.

“Copy.” Some Army grunt replied.

“Does anyone have a shot at it,” Spook said. The Alpha was now resting behind a tree, supposedly holding something in his hand. “I’ll take that as a no…” he sarcastically said. “Flashbang.” He threw the grenade before anyone could react, the visors would protect the rest of them, however. The grenade caught the enemy off guard and Bacardi took his change—as did the rest of them. All the troopers began to pelt the position with mounds of fire—blaster fire, projectiles, anything one could think of. Bacardi slowly walked towards the tree, rifle raised, accompanied by the Alpha and another trooper.

“Well, bloody glad that is dead.” A trooper said.

“Agreed.”
TRP/CPL Andar Bacardi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [EW1][SRP][BM][RoM][ES2]
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

Post Number:  381
Total Posts:  462
May 5, 2009 2:33:08 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
Dropping from the now immobile half-track and his E-11 clutched in his hand, Urakai followed after Riqimo. Sprinting ahead, the Iron Horse squad leader jumped over the trooper scattered trail, while Urakai and some of the squad stopped in awe at the sight. Over a dozen troopers lied there deceased in their own patch of dirt mixed with blood.

“Damn…” was all Brock could say at the scene.

Urakai took a step ahead, taking a look at the corpses up close, “Yea… Strange how death and all its horrific forms can be summed up into small expressive words.”

“Got that right.” Sam added in, examining the area

Brock, Bacardi, Sam and Urakai hung back as the Army and Alpha platoons flooded the area.

Almost reaching the now visible Riqimo and their PC, was Saph, “You guys stay there, I’ll be right back.”

Urakai’s hold on his blaster rifle tightened as his other hand rested firmly on the hilt of one of his Treppus-2 blades. The others were likewise as tense, keeping their weapons close. Scouts from Alpha seemed a lot more organised and kept visuals on everything that moved, while the Army were just exploring the scene and awaiting orders. It wasn’t long before Doc and their ASL descended from the madness above bringing new orders.

“Alright listen up, we have a sub-objective. Seems we’ve been ambushed by one of those,” Riq glanced at the mangled dark form once more, “things… We’re going to meet up with two more squads from the Army and Alpha and scout out the trail ahead. Please, bring only what you need and if you see anything, report it on our com channel which will soon be joined by our temporary support squads.”

After the quick briefing, the Iron Horse squad advanced up the trail. As they reached the top of the convoy, both Army and Alpha squads reported in. Alpha was awaiting them at the start of the convoy, while the light Army squad quickly caught up with Iron Horse. As much as it burned ascending the sloped trail, Urakai kept his breathing consistent and soon made it to the top less worn out than some. After the three squads had grouped up and shortly rested, each squad leader assigned their troopers to a small team to make sure none got lost.

Iron Horse readied their blasters and made sure their helmets were secured when Doc finally ordered, “Spread out.”

It’s on. Urakai kept a line with his group as they slowly panned out. That particular group consisted of a few of the Army troopers, two Alphas, Urakai and Sam. The trail faded as the group walked through the denser areas where ambushers were most likely to be. While each group were no more than fifteen to twenty meters away, each had their own chatter. A good minute had passed with nothing until shots could be heard close by. Urakai quickly switched his com to the open chat as his group crouched and surveyed their surrounding area.

Through static, chatter came back almost instantly, “Bugger’s in the tree, I missed, though,”

More shots were fired.

“ We’re coming in from the east,”

“Copy.”

“Does anyone have a shot at it? …….. I’ll take that as a no…”

The Alpha’s squad, leader from another group not far away, pointed at Urakai’s group, ordering, “You men! Get over there and see what’s happening.”

Rising to their feet, the two Alphas led the way, followed by Urakai and an Army trooper. Sam didn’t make it as fast as the four in front but was ahead of the trailing troopers.

Moments before Barcardi’s group came into sight, more chatter came through, some of which was mumbling.

“Well, bloody glad that is dead.”

“Agreed.”

They could now see the other group hovering over something on the ground. The trees above them were strewn with blast holes and burns. Urakai never got a chance to look at what they had killed as his attention diverted to two men from the Army’s squad laying on the ground unconscious. Signalling he was going to have a look at them, one of the Alphas volunteered to accompany him.

As he approached them, it became apparent the pools of blood were cause by the protruding rod embedded in one of the trooper’s hearts. There was no doubt about the fact that the wound was fatal, but the other trooper, Urakai could find no wound other than a few armor grazes.

“Shock.” Urakai concluded out loud as the Alpha man nodded.

Picking up his left arm, Urakai injected a calming agent and slowly lifted his body onto his back.
Senior Sergeant Urakai

Iron Horse Squad
TRP/SSGT Urakai/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1471
Total Posts:  1849
May 5, 2009 10:51:48 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
kanderin kicked the body one more time, half expecting it to get up off the ground and attempt to throttle him again. It didn't move, much to his relief. He should of been dead the first time, afterall. He glanced back at the Wraith's stood behind him, smiling gingerly. He owed them his life.

In the middle of the confusion, he'd immediately lost sight of Arnaut, disappeared into another area of the battle. he took the direction he assumed he must of took, but ran right into a confrontation with one of the large...freaks, taking on a whole squad by himself. He's fired two or three shot's into its abdomen, but all it achieved was a slight wince and it's attention. It raised it's crossbow and fired off a round, one which Kanderin managed to dodge, barely. Whether it was through years of experience, instinct, blind luck or sheer panic, he'd managed to get out of it's path. he hit the ground into a roll and tumbled against another of the trucks. The man was already loading a second round into the crossbow, and Kand knew all too well he wouldn't be able to dodge this one.

That's when the shouting began. The Wraith's, easily identifiable by their female lead waving them forward appeared on the horizon, opening their guns on the attacker. As the first shots whizzed past his ears, he attempted to turn around and return fire. It was statistically impossible for him to do so however, the sheer amount of fire pinned down on him made it inevitable for it to end him. Two shots from two seperate blasters hit the spot that Kanderin had previously wounded, providing enough force to tear him open and drop him to the ground.

It was panic. It was still lingering in his head minutes after the reaction had occurred. He was scared senseless, opening fire on the enemy not out of need to save his friends, but in response to knowledge that he was next. When he had hit the truck, on a normal day he would of probably had a reasonable chance at getting away from further danger. His muscles had tensed beyond that ability however, all he had left was to sit and watch himself be finished off. He wanted it to happen. He just wanted it to end.

"Kand! Are you even listening to me!"

He looked up at Arnaut, who was still grabbing every man that ran past him and barking orders at them. He wasn't even looking at Kand as he ordered him.

"Take the Wraith's and go collect the rest of the trucks. Don't even think about engaging those things until we know more about them"

"Aye, Sir" He nodded in response, even though he wasn't looking.

The Wraith's were close enough to him by then to of heard what their commander wanted them to do, but it didn't stop Kanderin repeating it anyway, it kept him occupied.

"We know" Helena nodded in response "Are you okay? You're white as a sheet"

He blinked and looked away from them briefly. "Yeah, I'm fine. One of them threw some sort of explosive at us, I took most of the brunt. It's dazed me a little"

"We didn't hear anything" Joamer responded, somewhat confused.

"Well it happened" He lied " Grab weapons, water and Medical supplies the troops down their might need help"

The Wraith's nodded and headed back to their truck, leaving their Squad Leader to himself again. He had the sneaking suspicion that they didn't believe him, that they knew something had been up ever since they discovered the body. They didn't say however, nor would they. He was proud to the point of arrogant, admitting to being scared or nervous was strictly off limits. it was the Squad Leader's code. Or at least what he read it as.

He made the walk back in silence, focusing on his own thoughts and footing instead of talking to the small trickle of soldider's still making their way up to the aftermath. At points the road got so narrow that he was forced to cling onto the roof of the trucks to get past. Later down the road even that seemed difficult so he clambered over the truck, meeting two people coming in the other direction doing the exact same thing.

After climbing the third and final car, he met up with the Wraith's doing a onceover all their equipment. He sidestepped through them and took the lead, already half way down the first drop back into the cliffs.

"Let's move guys, I don't want this to take all day"
Kanderin Azalar Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army Of The Vast Empire

PA-SL/FSG Kanderin Draken/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  765
May 5, 2009 12:38:24 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
“You guys stay there, I’ll be right back.”

Saphira replied as her eyes scanned over the fallen troopers. It was a sight she hadn't seen in a long time. Normally, missions like this weren't suppose to be like this. She didn't like what was happening, and neither did the rest of the squad.

Well, we wanted action, looks like we're getting it.

She walked in and joined Riq for a few moments. Having managed to get into her armor as fast as the others they ended up walking back as fast as they could to the rest of the Iron horses.

“Alright listen up, we have a sub-objective. Seems we’ve been ambushed by one of those,” Riq glanced at the mangled dark form once more, “things… We’re going to meet up with two more squads from the Army and Alpha and scout out the trail ahead. Please, bring only what you need and if you see anything, report it on our com channel which will soon be joined by our temporary support squads.”

After the quick briefing, the Iron Horse squad advanced up the trail. As they reached the top of the convoy, both Army and Alpha squads reported in. Alpha was awaiting them at the start of the convoy, while the light Army squad quickly caught up with Iron Horse. Saph lugged just what she could carry. Though it didn't seem like It was enough. After what they saw, she wished she had much more fire power. After Doc gave the order to spread out, Saph took Sam and Brock with her. Not that she liked it, but at the moment there was a larger problem.

"Ya know, I wish we had more fire power." Sam brought up as they moved in a formation and moved in a path to meet up with everyone else at some point.

"That's suppose to be my line." Saph replied.

"Your just saying that.." Brock said as they froze nd heard blaster fire in the distance. No doubt they hoped no one was killed, unless it was the enemy.

"If I could have, I would have brought about fifty TD's with me. One of them would be enough to blow them suckers up." Saph countered as she scanned the surrounding area.

"You're just saying that cause you like blowing stuff up.." Sam replied. The zabrack was right about that. She did enjoy seeing explosives.

"Correct on that one. It makes the scenery much better with all the pretty colours..." She remarked. yet, before they could say anything else she halted them as well as some of the Alpha's that were with them. There was movement in the trees and a snap of a twig.

"Carefully..." Saph countered. Raising her blaster she saw whatever it was moving very quickly in the brush. Great. Another of those things. "Sam.. Toss a flash bang in there.. Everyone.. watch your eyes and then we move in.."

Sam didn't say a word as he pulled one out and tossed it hard. Whatever was coming at them was moving directly at them. It didn't take long before there seemed to be a loud screeching sound and they ran in as it cleared.

The thing was right in front of them and swiped a arm at one of the Alphas that was close as he tried to raise a blaster to it. The trooper fell and Saph started to scream out orders as they spread out. Soon there was another shout as the thing seemed to move even faster. Backing away it came at her and she fell and rolled to the ground as it tried to stomp on her.

This has to end.. NOW!

"Everyone.. back off.. Now... Push it towards the trees..."

The troopers did as ordered and ran towards the trees. Saph grabbed one of her TD's and waited as she ran and shot at the creature in the shoulder. It wasn't even going down at all. behind her mask, Saph's eyes widen and hoped to god this worked. Once in the trees where the thing came from she ordered everyone to scatter and confuse the creature while she shot at it to keep it busy.

With a free hand she flipped a switch on the weapon and the little red light on it started to blink. She had about thirty seconds to get it at the thing and find cover. Tossing it about five feet behind her the thing stopped and turned while saph dove and ran as fast as she could. heart racing she hoped it worked as a loud explosion was heard. Managing ot get out of the radius of the fire just in time she only felt some dirt and Debera hit the back of her armor. Once it died down she hit the Com's to her group.

"Report.. Everyone ok?"

"I'm fine..I guess you do like explosives..." Sam replied

"Here.." Came Brock's voice. A little shaky. That told her something.

"Anyone hurt?" She asked back and turned to head back. "Is the creature or whatever down?"

"Yes.. All I can see is various pieces of it spread around.. and we lost two men from Alpha.. Cooper and Haler."

"Damn.."

She replied and ran up to find where everyone was assembling. She about laughed when she saw Brock was covered with some of the creatures guts. His helmet was covered in the blood.

"Clean it off.. We need to get going Brock.. I'm pretty sure the other's heard the explosion. At least one more is down. Take the ID tags from our fallen comrades and lets move on." Her voice was cold and calculated. War wasn't fun when you lost anyone, and they all knew it and needed to push on.

Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

Post Number:  172
May 5, 2009 1:09:45 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
As the squad did a quick once over of their kits, Joamer had spent the time unlocking the barrel of his DC-15. Using a specially designed harness he clipped the barrel and the body of the blaster into their places and slung it around his back. Luckily he had designed the weapon to break down into pieces for easy travel, but he had also designed it to be carried in two pieces. Picking up his Helmet, he clipped it to his belt. Picking up the strap of his DLT-20A and slid it around his shoulder.

"Well, at least you stopped using the thing like a rifle. Took you long enough to get over the fact that it is only good for a sniper rifle, even if there are better ones out there." Anival said as he started walking down the cliff.

"I like this gun." Joamer said simply.

Everyone was happy being out of the trucks, so they made short work of preparing to leave, none of them wanted to linger in case new orders came around and they had to climb back in.  Wraith never did like doing missions with other people, they liked being separated, independent, and deadly. So being stuck with other groups for hours on end made them nervous, they had bad experiences when they had to work with other people, those experiences usually ended badly for the other group.

They passed other squads as they walked, everyone nodded to each other, each heading in different directions. No words were said, none needed to be said. They all knew that it was possible the people they saw would not make it back. That single nod said more then words ever could. They saw friends, lovers, rivals, but in those few moments everything they might of hated about each other went away. They moved on without another look, or glance.

Someone did look back though, it was something he had never done. Joamer had nodded to another trooper in the standard issue white armor, she had nodded back but her gaze had almost brought him to a complete stop, only training allowed him to keep moving, he spun on one foot and began walking backwards. She had a sly smile, he was not sure what his face was doing, but a rock interrupted whatever thoughts were in his head. Nearly tripping he spun back around and continued down the cliff.

He was not sure if any of the squad had noticed, he was in the tail end of the group. The look on RK's face suggested he had noticed something, his lips twitched just briefly before his normal smooth mask relaxed it.

Mumbling to himself Joamer pushed on.

They continued walking, soon they were alone. Down and down they went, it had taken them hours to get up this high, but that was in slow moving trucks. He wondered how long before the babysitting job began, he wondered when the next attack would come from. But, above all he realized, a bit confused that his training allowed this, he wondered about the one with green eyes.
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited May 5, 2009 1:12:42 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  2413
May 5, 2009 4:55:04 PM    View the profile of Havock 
With a creak, Havock lifted the hood of the broken down half-track. It appeared to be overheating, smoke was sizzling off the radiator. “Argh, lovely.” Havock tried to see what had caused the problem, but couldn’t make out anything with her bulky helmet on. Unsnapping the clasps she raised the helmet over her head and set it down on the corner of the exposed engine.

Everything had been going just fine. They were moving, albeit slowly, but they had been moving towards the checkpoint. Then the half-track just stopped, sending everyone in the cargo area weaving forward. Now Havock was hearing that about a dozen of the vehicles had broken down through the convoy. Some of the others had already managed to get theirs repaired and were making their way to meet up with the command tank.

Havock had to scale the cliff walls to get in front of the half-track. Luckily that wasn’t a problem; she was quite good at climbing. After all, how else would a six year old manage to get out of a five story orphanage from the top floor…three times?

Hav wiped the sweat from her brow and grunted as she started to work on the engine. Leaning over without paying close enough attention some of the steam burned her chin. “Ack, Frak.” She jumped off the engine and rubbed her chin. She could see the rest of the squad making their way to the front now too. Maybe they just decided it would be quicker to walk. Turning she looked down the trail. Guess it’s not that far.

Taking a deep breath, she leaned over to grab some tools from her pack. Although walking actually sounded preferable to getting back into the smelly vehicles, she didn’t want to just give up. And it looked like she had at least a few dozen minutes to try.

Holding the tool in her hand, Havock reached over to take a look at the air filter. Good of place as any to start.

She heard the sound, before her brain registered what was happening. A loud ‘thwap’ overpowered her ears as a large metal rod slammed into the engine not three inches from where she was working. Havock fell back, grabbing her helmet with both hands has she hit the dirt road.

She didn’t even look for whom or what had thrown the rod, she secured her helmet and started to scramble up next to the half-track. She stopped, half on one knee, when she saw one of the unknown to her, an army soldier from the half-track. He came jumping over the vehicle. He first landed on the hood, sending it crashing back to its original down position, then on the ground a foot or so from Havock.

“You alright, Lance Corp…” He didn’t finish, another rod soaring from who knows where, made Hav jump as it went through his throat. The point seemed to stare at her, mocking her, through an ever fading series of gargling noises he was making, before he fell to the side and was quiet.

Havock blinked, then jumped staying low to the ground and dived for her pistols which had been at her feet while she repaired the half-track. She rolled, getting as close as possible to the vehicle, but overestimated and almost fell as her foot dug into the edge of the path sending a spray of gravel and dirt downward. Hav had to slam a hand down just to keep her balance.

The rods were thrown from up the cliff face, to Havocks back. She heard feet hitting the ground behind her. Getting her pistols ready Hav whipped around pointing both pistols at…Ron?

The rest of the squad had finished climbing the cliff, and were standing on the road behind Havock. Karash was kneeling by the army man with the rod in his neck. Havock started to look wildly up the cliff face, scanning for enemies.

Hav heard someone call her name; she looked in the direction of the voice. Her arms were still rigid, holding the pistols out in front of her. She looked back up towards the cliff, still looking for whoever had been throwing metal rods.

Jae put her hand on Ron’s arm as she walked around him. “Hav, it’s Jae…put the pistols down.”  Jae knelt down and inched a bit closer to Havock. “Hav?”

Hav was shaking, she looked wildly around. Pistols? What pistols?  Frowning she looked at her arms and saw she was indeed still holding the pistols up, and they were pointing at…Jae?

Havock dropped the pistols and without thinking, started to scoot back away from the objects, forgetting the edge of the cliff was right behind. She would have fallen if Jae hadn’t grabbed her arm and yanked her back; she landed on her side in front of the vehicle. Quickly she got to her feet, but kept her head down.

“You with us, Lance Corporal?” Hav raised her head to look at Ron and nodded.
TRP/LCPL Havock/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock
Ron
ComNet Member

Ron

Post Number:  423
Total Posts:  1218
May 5, 2009 5:29:54 PM    View the profile of Ron 
"Scale the cliff walls."  That was what Kanderin had said to Ron after the brief attack.  It was a light, but deadly skirmish, with many dead and even more wounded.  It seemed to Ron that they were in a tight spot, with hills all about them, and cliffs to boot.  But to climb the cliffs was no easy task.  There was no telling how many hidden crevices and caverns were housing snipers and gunmen, just waiting for a chance to kill the approaching troopers.  Ron was glad for the few knives that he had brought along with him, a blade would come in handy in these close encounters that he saw ahead of him.  Close encounters that he wasn't looking forward to by any means.

"Corporal Jaenna!" Ron yelled behind him.

She came quickly, and smartly (although perhaps a little flustered).  She came carrying several cables and ropes that they would use for scaling the massive natural wall.  Surprisingly enough, rope and cable was the most used way to scale these cliffs, as primitive as the method was, it was by far one of the easiest (if not cheapest ways) to get the job done.  Ron however was of another opinion, that the cliffs should be climbed as easily and technically as possible.  He turned to her as she approached, and gave her no time to try and discover any inner conflict in his mind.

"You are, of course, aware of the mission ahead of us?" Ron asked.  There was no other answer to this question but yes, and Ron knew it, but he was a man of formality and ideals, and would not sacrifice it for even the simplest of procedures.

"Yes, Sir." Jae answered, simply.

"Excellent." Ron replied.  He made himself look at the ropes as if he saw them for the first time, to bring his attention to them.  She took the hint and offered what she thought was a fair and obvious explanation.

"Ropes and cables for climbing the walls, sir." she said.

"I know what they are used for." Ron snapped.  "But I will not be using them in my squad.  By the Moff himself, we're a Stormtrooper Squad not a pack of barbarians!" Jae shrugged her shoulders and replied casually; she was used to her Squad Leader's indignant moods, she of all people should know how to handle them best, and she usually did so.

"What do you have in mind, chief?" she said.

"A couple things." Ron grumbled.  He walked past her suddenly and headed towards the pile of equipment that the squad had piled up on the side of the road as Ron had ordered previously.  Among the pile he pulled out a heavy canvas bag filled with blaster pistols.

"Here." he said.  He threw two to each of the troopers before securing two for himself; any extras were returned to the bag.  As he passed them around, they all looked at the weapons strangely, they were not of imperial make (per say) and were certainly not the best of military weapons.

"What are these?" Karash asked.

"S-5's" Ron said.  "Grapnel pistols."

Ron then pulled two vibroknives out of the pile of equipment, and using some of the cable and rope, tied them tightly to the bottom of his boots so that he was walking on them.  Everyone looked at him strangely, some even were thinking back to the mission on Kalee where Ron had displayed a temporary lapse of stability.  But Ron walked on up to the cliffs, and fired two shots at the huge rock wall, one higher up that the other.  He then dug his foot into the rock with the vibroknives, and followed suit with the other foot.  In this fashion, he continued, firing shots of grapnel into the cliff side, and then digging the vibroknives into the side.  He was scaling the wall quite quickly in this fashion.  When he was a good twenty feet above them, Ron released one of the grapnel lines, and hung by the other.  Leaning backwards he turned to the squad watching below and said with a grin,

"This is how we will climb!"

OOC:

*S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol: [[CLICKAH!]]
Vibroknife: [[CLICKAH!]]

We use these to climb the walls.  Only wimps use ropes and cables.
Senior Sergeant Sobaccus Ron
Squad Leader; RAIDERS
Communications Technician/Slicer
SL|SSG RON|2SQD|1PLT|1COMP|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE [WM][CCA][CT][AS-1]

Stormtrooper Corps Academy
Commander of Training Assistant
CoT:A|SSG RON|VEA|VE
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited May 5, 2009 5:34:56 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited May 5, 2009 5:35:33 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  682
Total Posts:  823
May 5, 2009 8:54:58 PM    View the profile of RK 
It’s been a while. A spread crossed RK’s lips as he stared at the old scarred submachine gun in his hand. It felt good to finally be holding that grip once again; it was like stepping out from the darkness and into the light, it’s like the moment you realize this is where you belong, even if it’s not always the best of times.

“Hey RK, you there?” A voice called from what RK assumed was his right. It snapped him out of his thoughts and back to reality.

“Yea, just thinking how glad I am to finally be out of those trucks.” RK didn’t even look to see who had asked him, but instead holstered his weapon and grabbed the rest of his pack, along with his DC-17m. He was just hoping the walk wouldn’t last that long.
“Let’s move, I don’t want to make this an all day trip.” Kanderin’s voice rang through the ranks, like thunder.  It was time to get back into action; this was the moment Wraiths was built for.

_-_-_-A little ways down the mountain._--_-
“Are we there yet?” Jori’s voice came through the silence.

“Not yet, but if you keep asking you might be there faster than all of us.” RK spun his head around and gave Jori deaths stare.  Even though the grasp of their personal control was slowly coming back, they still were a little on edge from the ride they had to endure in those trucks.

The walk seemed to be going a lot faster than the trucks, but still it was going to take a while on feet due to the incline that they were on, it also didn’t help that the path continued to narrow, and the risk of falling off at any missed step; made this mission a nail bitter. It reminded RK of his last mission with wraiths, where every corner meant life or death; the good thing was this kept them on their toes.

“Yea, I think there is a whole in my shoe.” Anival commented as he looked down at the white armor covered shoes.

“Well then, we won’t have to worry about keeping you shut up, the terrain will do that for us.” Helena replied.

“Either that, or he’ll start melting if it rains.” RK grinned, but no laughter was heard, only quiet. Yep, I’m definitely going to have to write a book
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
[This message has been edited by RK (edited May 5, 2009 9:02:05 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  268
Total Posts:  304
May 5, 2009 9:01:42 PM    View the profile of Jori 
OOC:
I’m writing this as mostly a backstory post. It starts sometime before the ambush.

This had been a tumultuous two weeks. Two and a half weeks ago, he had been in Jester, a squad in Storm Platoon, as he had since he had graduated out of the Academy. He was doing great. He was in a great squad with awesome squadmates, but in a standard hour, that was all taken away from him. It had been an accident, but had ended with him being kicked out of Jester. Luckily, he was offered a new chance in Wildcard Platoon as a squadmember of Wraith. A fresh start in a whole different Platoon. It was a dream come true for Jori. And so, here he was, riding in a dirty, halfway-broken down truck. Wedged between two Wraith members whose names he didn’t even know, he was giving a death stare to the Alpha Platoon member seated across from him just because he couldn’t do anything else. It was fun actually, mainly because the other guy wouldn’t blink. Jori realized that he had unintentionally started a staring contest.

Well, this is one contest I am going to win.

Grinning slightly, he leaned forward and propped his head up on his hand. They kept it up until a loud yell broke their concentration. Luckily, Jori kept his curiosity in check long enough to win the contest. Turning back to Jori, the Alpha guy realized he had lost and let out a sigh of disgust. Both of them then turned to the back of the truck to see what all the commotion was about. From the conversation, Jori deduced that somebody had snapped and said something as the ASL of Wraith was now yelling something that Jori could, surprisingly, not hear. As she finished up, nobody said a word. With a small motion, a Wraith turned back to his rifle and was looking down the scope at something in the distance. Raising his eyebrow, Jori continued to stare for a few moments longer, breaking it off when the ASL met his gaze with a cool stare. Shaking his head, Jori leaned back and crossed his arms across his chest, slipping into an almost trancelike state, not quite awake and not quite asleep but something in between.

===Right Before Ambush===

Jori awoke as the truck came to a rest. He heard something about a rest and was glad. He was the last one, following everyone else as they piled out and nearly squashed a few unlucky troopers who happened to be walking by at the time. Chuckling softly, helped up a fallen trooper. The trooper murmured a thank you as he stepped back. Jori started to say something, but stopped as he saw a dark object flying towards them. As he realized what it was, he dived forward and knocked the trooper back down onto the ground. At the same time, he yelled out.

“Look out!”

Rolling over the trooper, he regained his footing and looked around wildly. Looking back at the trooper, he was astonished to see the spear sticking out of the trooper’s left knee. Checking to make sure no more spears were flying towards them, Jori scooped the trooper up onto his shoulders and bounded into the truck. Setting the trooper down, he broke off most of the spear’s shaft so that it wouldn’t get caught on anything. Jori checked to make sure the trooper was otherwise ok, and stood at the end of the truck, frantically searching for anywhere he could help. But as quick as it had started, it was over. No more spears rained down and the dead and injured were being collected. Sighing, Jori started helping with the effort.
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Sergeant Jori Lekrif
TRP/SGT Jori Lekrif/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [CoR][CCA]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Cadet

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  258
May 5, 2009 9:31:02 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
The attack came without warning, like a swarm of hornets taking down men, Anival looked around and saw only blurs, the halftrack itself seemed like a foggy picture, the only thing visible was the troopers helmets as they died.  There were bodies thrown all around.

What is happening, thought Anival, this is not supposed to happen, is it?

Moment later it was over, dead everywhere, and then they got their mission. Anival couldn’t get over that attack it was so swift and without a warning at all.

They  set out to the cliffs.

Anival was glad to be free from the cramped halftrack, Anival loved being in a chair of a vehicle, as long as he was piloting, not going along for the ride.

Anival checked his gear, everything seemed alright, so he headed out with the rest of the squad. Checking up with the other squads left behind didn’t seem like a joyride, but it was better than waiting around for the enemy to attack again.

Anival let his mind wander, thinking of what lay ahead, if they had gotten attacked this far, who knew what misfortune had befallen the other squads.

Anival looked around him, he wasn’t wearing his helmet so the breeze was gently brushing his face, Anival saw, Kand, Helena, RK, Joamer, and Jori, and the rest of the squad , trooper who hadn’t left their imprint in Anival’s mind yet.

They all depended on each other, and even if they all didn’t admit it, they had grown fond of each other, Anival remembered Joamer at first, Anival had despised him, he wasn’t all human, Then Anival had forged a friendship with Joamer, next RK, and finally rest of wraith, but seeing countless troopers die, that was too much, Anival was beginning to crack.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

LeGiT
ComNet Cadet

LeGiT

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  298
Total Posts:  326
May 5, 2009 11:06:37 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
The shelling was brutal. Several soldiers lost their lives for a common purpose, something far beyond human comprehension. A sense of pride that is. Pride that flowed through their every artery from the day they decided to wear the stripes and become military dogs. You only got to live that life once, but sacrificing your safety and liberty in order for others to obtain it was trade-off most troopers had to carry, until they day they die.

Day 02
Granus Plains, 12.30

The rim around the sun penetrated though the trees, reflecting the glare from the fallen tags, obstructing Brock’s view momentarily. He couldn’t help thinking that if he’d been there, less lives wouldn’t be taken in by the arms of fate. He was trying with all his might not to balance lost military lives against his own. It simply wasn’t what it was all about in the end. Simply putting yourself in their place is a way you can strip away their pride. And to a trooper, pride meant everything.

As the squad slogged away through the plains, moving with the slow, the foul stench of blood started becoming repugnant as the sun punished, drying it rotten. The blinding heat kept ALPHA squad in the lead, nothing less from an elite squad whom spends more time training than sleeping. Not far behind were Sam, Saphira, and Brock respectively. Each trying not to blink from the sweat clustering between the frowning of their eyebrows.

At Riqimo’s command, the squad split up into two fire teams. Saphira calling hers Fire Team Bronco, consisting of Brock and Sam, while Riqimo had Fire Team Colts, tagging along Urakai, BARman and Bacredi for the ride. As ordered, Bronco will take the lead with ALPHA, serving in the fire support coordination line, the boundary between friendly and opposing forces. In the meantime Colts covered the rear with ARMY and provided the basic grunt homework for a defensive position; avenues of approach, fire plan sketches. A setup made specifically for scouting squads moving in a single direction, a tactic Riqimo was keeping under his sleeves this whole time. No artillery. No tanks. Just guys with rifles and ComLinks, a warning bell that would go off if the grunts decided to wrap all this in one neat package. 

It’s offly quiet around here lately, Brock thought to himself as a barrel lifted from a distance. He realized it was pointed at them only as a flash obliterated the image. He ducked without thinking, grabbing Saphiras’ hand and forcing it down with him. The projectile whipcracked over their heads. A miss, but the next one might not be.

OOC:
Tired. Managed to get this post in.
    Fire Team Bronco + ALPHA squad = Front Lines.
    Fire Team Colt + ARMY squad = Rear defenses.
That is all.
~ C l e a r l y I t a l i a n ~

Stormtrooper Corps
Corporal Brock "Legit" Vik'en, Vast Empire Army
Wildcard Platoon, Iron Horse Trooper

TRP/CPL Brock Vik'en/Iron Horse/Wildcard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/VEA/VE
[EW1] [GRP]

See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder...
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited May 5, 2009 11:10:55 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited May 6, 2009 2:24:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited May 6, 2009 2:25:24 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1620
Total Posts:  2089
May 5, 2009 11:08:12 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Sure Rogue had fallen asleep during the half-track ride, truth was he was used to them when they would cart the slaves to the arenas like nerfs to the slaughter. RB’s dream had been an unpleasant one filled with fallen ghosts of Rogue’s past they only tended to show up on missions but he was used to them by now. Sometimes if he was in the mood he would tickle a spirit until it exploded sending red shards out that would “kill” Rogue if they made contact with him. Needless to say Rogue’s dreams were seldom sane.

A sudden shift in his foot awoke Rogue and he jumped to attention by habit Starfruit said something that Rogue didn’t really register but he responded with the familiar “Yes, Mami.” That had been drilled into him from basic. Four years out of basic and yet its effects still control him today, stepping out of the immobile half-track Rogue put his helmet on just as someone yelled out. “Attack!”

An oversized bolt flew across Rogueboy and hit the blaster magnet (AKA the half-track) clinging to the armoured vehicle like Rogue does to his rifle. A quick look for cover showed a promising small boulder that Rogue ran for, as soon as he got there he realized his mistake; there was simply too many soldiers using the boulder as cover . Quickly Rogue looked for another cover zone as he saw one trooper get a bolt through the shoulder and pinned up against the half-track, Rogue quickly went to the man’s aid and tried to pull the bolt out of him but all he managed to was make the man scream in pain. Looking for a quick fix, Rogue pointed the tip of his rifle to the wooden bolt and fired enough bolts to raise Palpatine from the dead. The man slumped to the ground, Rogue picked him up and slung him over his shoulders as basic taught him to do. Running for cover a sudden shadow passed in front of Rogueboy and he felt like he ran into a wall, the man that Rogue was carrying flew about seven feet and landed on his wounded arm.

“What the hell was that?” Rogue whispered to himself as he stayed down in case another bolt decided to sail overhead and spear him.

“Force shit!” One of the scouts yelled out. “You ran into that bolt full force, if you were a little bit faster it probably would have impaled ya!”

“What do you mean?” Rogue asked.

“You hit the bolt sideways son, walked into the side of it.” The man said as he fired a round from his sniper.

The skirmish was over quick and a look at the instigator astonished Rogue, the creature was eight feet tall and must have weighed at least two-hundred kilos.

It didn’t take long before Raiders was ordered to scale the mountains and to search for more of these...barbarians. At least that’s what the men were calling them.

OOC: This was more to get Rogue’s character up to speed.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP][CCA][SC]

Clearly Canadian!
BARman
ComNet Initiate

BARman

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  130
Total Posts:  138
May 6, 2009 9:42:48 AM    View the profile of BARman 
BARman had been keeping to himself mainly throughout the course of the mission so far. He doesn't socialize much with the rest of his squad, his closest friend being the StA-2 LAR which was his primary weapon, except for Bacardi he hardly knows any of the other members of the squad. He had been performing rearguard work with the rest of Fire Team Colts when all of a sudden he heard the distinct sound of artillery rounds being launched in the distance. Looking around he sees very little cover that he can use and dives to the ground instead. Quickly he raises his LAR, flipping off the safety he scans the area, watching for any enemies. As the first rounds of the artillery begin to land, BARman looks to Riqimo for instructions.

Seeing BARman looking at him, Riqimo motions him over, remembering that his Spec is Comm Tech.

"BAR, see if you can raise Dagger Battalion and get some counter-fire on those guns, we can't get pinned down."

"Roger that" switching his unit over to the Battalion net, BARman begins to contact the Dagger Battalion headquarters.

"This is Ivan Hood Charlie Omega, calling Dagger Bravo Alpha Charlie"

===Dagger Battalion Artillery Command Unit (Dagger Bravo Alpha Charlie)===

A specialist back at the Dagger Battalion field HQ hits a button on his Comm Unit, and responds to the call he is receiving from the field.

"Charlie Omega, Full unit identification and message?"

the comm crackles again, explosions making it difficult to hear the response, but the comm tech is good enough to get the full message. Turning to a nearby Artillery Colonel, he says,

"Sir, Unit: Victor Echo Alpha, Wilco Charlie, Ivan Hood, is requesting artillery support in their sector, they report that they are being pinned down by Artillery fire, and they request we run counter-fire missions to take some pressure off of them."

The Colonel turns to the map of the area being projected by the holoprojector.

===Iron Horse Squad, Fire Team Colts===

BARman listens to the response of the command unit over his comm and turning to Riqimo he reports, "Sir, Dagger Battalion says that they will not be able to provide support, Fire missions are being reserved for priority targets only."
Private Crene Crith
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/PVT_BARman/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath [SCA]
Retired
Crewman Crene Crith
RET/CRW_BARman/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  770
May 6, 2009 11:34:35 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
God... After that last attack.. It's too hot, and too Quiet..

She thought, her helmet slung over her shoulder as a few beads of sweat creased over her forehead and down her Lek'ku. There wasn't much to talk about. Most had a hard time with the images from the other day. As far as scouting ahead things were quiet and hopefully they wouldn't see another ambush for a while.

"There's more out there.. I can feel it.." Brock said as she came up to his side. The sound of their armor only adding to the uneasiness as it clicked and brushed against its self.

"That's an understatement.. We all know their out there. In fact.. I think one is fallowing us right now.." Saph replied coolly.

"WHAT!" Sam replied from behind. Others looked around then as she shook her head. "How do you know that?"

"It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. It's to calm, too quiet. Their's hardly any animal life that I've seen, other then the annoying flies. It's probably only one or two -"

"Wait.. But one took out a bunch on the first ambush..." Brock started.

"Yes, and you still have some blood on your helmet from the one I blew to chunks.. They might be primitive, but it they are watching, it's only to see what we are doing or going. That's just my guess." Saphira replied.

"That's not helping Sarg.." Sam replied. Saphira couldn't help but grin as she wiped away a bead of sweat that started to roll down her face.

"Can't be helped man, She's being a realist. If it is true, then we have to be ready." Brock replied as he switched his weapon to his other hand.

"I could be wrong too, but, we will worry about that when and if it happens again. Right now we are just to scout ahead and make sure things are ok before I think we all re-group and get back in the trucks..If I am recalling that right.."

"IF your recalling that!!!" Brock stated and looked to her.

"Hey, Things haven't been easy you know.. I'm sure we'll get called back... As for now.. I think a short break is in order." She smiled and had everyone halt so they could rest their feet for a while. They had been walking for over an hour and tired troopers could end up dead troopers.

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1475
Total Posts:  1849
May 6, 2009 12:08:25 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
When Kand assumed they were about half way down the cliff, the mountain responded by opening out the road to almost twice it's original width. Before, the squad walked in two's. Now they were able to walk in one long line, each available eye scanning the horizon for any sign of an approaching ambush. They carried on this way for a few minutes before the first truck came into sight. The second followed shortly after, about twenty yards separating. Both of their engines were cold upon touch and their occupants missing.

"Try and get on Arn on the radio guys, tell him things aren't looking too good" Kand called, checking underneath both trucks and within the hangers for any sign of life. Someone responded but the voice was indistinguishable, his focus already directed on the various split roads that branched from the sector they stood in.

In his mind, there two reasons behind what had happened. The first, and the one he liked the least, was that they were jumped and completely annihilated before they even had a chance to react. The bodies were then stored away further down the split roads so as not to raise alarm. The problem with that however was the lack of any sign of a struggle. He would of expected bolt remains, blaster scorch, blood, guts. But there was nothing, it looked as if they had simply got out of the trucks of their own free will. Which was option two - They had decided escape from the trucks was the best option, and had head off into the side roads to find shelter. At least with that option there was a chance they were still alive, that they would find them cowering under a makeshift cover waiting for help to arrive.

Either way, they would be heading in. It was that or they could head back to Arn and the rest emptyhanded. If Arn was still alive, it made sense that the bulk of the transport would attract more attention than one squad. If anything his squad got lucky being separated. Or at least, he felt that way. Whatever kept him away from whatever those things were was a lifeline he wouldn't release his grasp of.

He hoped he was right.
Kanderin Azalar Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army Of The Vast Empire

PA-SL/FSG Kanderin Draken/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

Post Number:  177
May 6, 2009 12:57:05 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
It took only minutes to scout the surrounding area, no sign of attack or defense, nothing. Joamer had begun to suspect Kanderin was correct, the people in the transports had decided to find another area better protected against attack.

Kanderin walked up to Joamer after a few minutes and said simply "We need your eyes." Before walking off again.

Nodding in understanding he propped his DLT-20a against the front tire of one of the transports, then unclasped the harness from his back and pulled out the body and barrel of his DC-15. Sliding the barrel into its slot he slowly twisted it till a soft click was heard. He had spent the time and credits converting the old clone wars relic into a respectable sniper rifle, though he rarely got to use it. Moments like these made him happy he still carried the rifle.

Standing up, he flipped three switches then scanned the area, he muttered softly "Figures the only high ground is on top of the truck, out in the open, and me in very shiny white armor." He climbed the hood of the truck then knelt on the roof. "This is the last time I wear white armor in any mission." He said to anyone close enough to hear him. He heard a couple low murmurs, no one liked being out of the black armor that was Wraiths calling card. "Knowing my luck some sniper is going to put a bolt in between my eyes."

Checking to see the power up sequence was complete he stood up and brought the rifle to his shoulder, with his cybernetic arms he was able to support the rifle like this for short periods of time. Breathing slowly he began a slow circle, using the scopes multi-range selector to zoom in on anything that looked worth a second glance. He zoomed only far enough out to scan roughly three klicks in every direction. After a few minutes he felt rather then heard the squad approach, everyone remained quiet for the next set of orders, or news. He figured if any sniper was within range he would of been dead about four seconds after he stood up.

Swinging the rifle back to a spot he had just passed he zoomed in and almost lost it right there. His breathing accelerated and both Medics instantly looked up, the look on his face must of been frightening. Trying to calm his breathing he heard the low murmors from the squad as they noticed his reaction. Lowing the rifle he closed his eyes.

"Kand," he said softly a few seconds later, he was not able to produce anything louder then a whisper. "How many were in the transports?"

"Twenty two, I think." Kanderin said a few seconds later, the look on his face was halfway between concern and fear. It is not every day you see something that upsets a member of this squad.

Bringing the rifle back up, he zoomed back in on the sight of utter carnage.

He counted twenty two heads, all impaled on spikes. The arms and legs sat half buried in the dirt, the hands tied with rope swung freely from various branches. The torsos made a wide circle, surrounding the spiked heads. The whole ground was coated in a dark red. A large pile of discarded clothing and weapons sat in the middle. Birds had just begun to circle the area.

Lowering the rifle he knelt down and waited. Kanderin saw the look and waited as well, everyone else was tense, they had their weapons at the ready, nervously scanning the area.

"Bad, very bad. The heads are on spikes, the legs and arms are buried in the sand in a long line behind the heads, the hands are free swinging from ropes from nearby branches. The torsos surround the area in a circle. Everything is a deep dark red." Joamer said, his voice was louder, but the shakiness was there still.

The news hit the squad hard, some held it together, but two others rushed to nearby bushes and vomited right there. Joamer did not look to see who it was, no one did, they had all faced different directions when the news hit. No one wanted to be seen as weak in this group, after being together so long you find out ways to avoid noticing the things that make you or others appear weak.

"The other bodies we saw, they were not like that. Those three men died by some high powered weapon, not crossbow bolts, or being pulled apart. We still have two enemies here." Joamer said after the vomiting had stopped.

The most recent news did not cause alarm or panic, the only sign of them caring was small smiles filling most of the faces. Wraith enjoyed being outnumbered, or out gunned.
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Cadet

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  259
May 6, 2009 1:07:19 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival was disturbed; he hadn’t suspected anything was wrong with the halftrack’s, or the occupants.

Anival had thought that they had simply stopped working, which wouldn’t seem odd, since they were old.

Anival looked around, and inspected the halftracks, they all seemed alright.

“Kand” said Anival.

“Yeah?”

“There isn’t anything wrong with the halftracks. Or at least I can’t find anything wrong with them.”

Kand thought for a moment.

“Well, we should continue, not much we can do here, but look for them.”

The squad nodded. Anival felt something in the pit of his stomach; Anival clutched the blaster so hard his fingers turned white.

“I smell something odd.” said Joamer.

“I agree” said RK and Anival simultaneously, and the rest nodded in agreement.

“Like I said” replied Kand, “We should get going.”

The squad got in formation and headed out again. Anival felt his eyelid twitch; he half hoped they would be attacked, instead of waiting for it.

Anival thought he would be glad to be out of the halftrack, but instead he was all raw nerve.

Anival kept jerking up, and aiming, but it  was all shadow that they past, Anival was sure he looked stupid to the others, but he preferred to be stupid than dead.

Anival kept his blaster raised, and poised ready to shoot at anything and anyone that popped out unexpectedly.

“You can relax a bit.” Came RK’s taunting voice. “You look, like your ready to soil yourself.”

Anival resented the comment. Anival was ready to say something back, but held himself; instead he looked ahead, and saw something dancing. He stared at it longer, but it was another shadow.

Maybe he’s right, thought Anival, I should relax.
Anival winked at Joamer who gave him a perplexed look.

“Watch” mouthed Anival, nodding towards RK.

“RK, behind you!” shouted Anival with mock fear.
RK turned around and let loose a series of bolts.

Anival laughed and so did someone else.

“Soiled?” asked Anival and chuckled, RK glared at him, turning beet red.

“Ok” came Kand’s voice, “enough games, save your fire.”

“Yes, Sir.” replied RK.

“And no more jokes”

“Understood.” Replied Anival

Just then Joamer came back to report what he had seen. Anival was appalled, and he was glad he hadn’t eaten.

"The other bodies we saw, they were not like that. Those three men died by some high powered weapon, not crossbow bolts, or being pulled apart. We still have two enemies here." Reported Joamer.

There was a silence.

“What now?” asked Anival.

“We keep going” muttered Kand.

Where, was all Anival could think.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

StarFruit
ComNet Initiate

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  146
Total Posts:  799
May 6, 2009 3:11:28 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
"Hav, it's Jae... Put the pistols down."

She knelt down, soft sea-foam eyes locked onto the ones of her best friend's. Those eyes... scared. Lost. Alone. Jaenna couldn't stand to see her friend this way. She cared all too much about Havock to let the girl get this scared. It was after all Jaenna that had gotten Havock into RAIDERS because of a request to the Commander Of Training while the girl was still in the academy. Jaenna inched forward, holding out a hand. Havock flinched, her hands shaking, fingers ready on the triggers of the pistols. Anyone else probably would have been scared. But it was impossible for Jaenna to be scared of her best friend... The friend that her heart sometimes longed for. The friend that she had been through so much with.

"Hav?"

The Corporal's voice was soft as she spoke out to the lower ranking and yet still amazing trooper. Havock’s eyes dropped to the pistols that she was holding, her face still holding every ounce of fear. The shaking increased, the pistols now shaking so badly that soft clanking noises could be heard from them. Finally, after a few more moments of every one of the RAIDERS being still, watching the terrified Lance Corporal, Havock dropped the pistols, the guns falling to the ground with a soft ‘thunk’.

Havock fell backwards onto her rump, and began to quickly scoot away from the pistols, as if they were about to attack her. Suddenly, her rump hit the edge of the cliff. Still silent, she began to fall backwards. Jaenna’s jaw dropped open as she watched, frozen for a split second. She couldn’t lose her friend, not like that.

She jumped towards the falling girl, and grabbed her hand.

Jaenna pulled as hard as she could with her cybernetic arm, yanking Havock back up almost instantly. Havock fell to her side by the truck. She got to her feet quickly, but kept her head down.

“You with us Lance Corporal?” Ron asked her softly. Havock looked up and simply nodded.

Jaenna sat there, panting. Scared. Frightened for her team mate more than for herself. Twice Havock had almost died. Those two times within a ten minutes interval… ‘Get a hold of yourself, Jae. This will be another successful mission.’ She thought to herself as she stood.

That was when Arnaut’s orders got around.

-==After the Orders==-

Well... Jaenna's plan with the ropes and cables had been shot down by her Squad Leader, which she pretty much saw coming anyways. As he spoke to her about his plan, he was of course a bit snippy, but she had grown used to it. The two spoke to each other like this most of the time. It was understood that those under a position of command where going to get snippy with each other at some points. These two did it so often with each other that it was now understood between them, how to deal with the different tones.

After Ron had began his own climb on the cliff, the rest of the squad tied the knives to their boots, and grabbed their respective Grapnel Guns. One at a time, with Jaenna leading behind Ron, the squad began their climb. A few were complaining, such as Grahim and Karash -as always-, and Raelene at some points. But that was only because she wasn't yet used to the strenuous activities of being a full fledged Storm Trooper just yet.

"Dammit, Grahim! Stop it with the tongue!" Karash's voice blurted out.

A soft chuckle was heard from Grahim, and Havock sighed as she said, "Are they ever going to grow up?"

The team continued their climb, Ron still in the the lead, Jaenna after him. Rogueboy then called out. "Oi! What do you think we are going to find in these cliffs?" His voice was raised so that both Jae and Ron could hear him.

Ron turned his head to answer as he secured a hold onto the cliff side, but was cut off as Jaenna answered before him.

"A lot of stuff. It was pretty obvious that the ambush and the bolts were coming from these cliffs, so there are most likely... No. There WILL be those ugly bastards hiding in the caves that we are sure to come across. Spiders and other critters as well. Which is why I have a plan!" Her voice was even louder, so that the whole of RAIDERS could hear her.

Everyone caught up to her, Ron staying where he was. Jaenna spoke up again. "We are going to split up. I'll take Rogueboy, Havock and Karash. Ron, you will take Raelene, Grahim and Baretz. My team is going to take the West side of the cliff. Ron, you and yours take the east. We meet at the top. As we go, destroy anything that's too ugly to be called a human easily." Jaenna looked up at Ron, who nodded and smiled at her. She then turned back to the rest of RAIDERS and smirked.

"Lets go!"

OOC:
Alright. It's pretty obvious what I did there. We split up. Duh. The teams are:

Beta: Jaenna, Havock, Rogueboy, Karash
Gamma: Ron, Baretz, Raelene, Garhim

Beta and Gama is how we will stay in contact while on the coms. Get to it. Climb and destroy.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

ASL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
[Cor]

"I found the cure to happiness. Too bad it's an illegal substance."
Grahim
ComNet Novice

Grahim

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  95
Total Posts:  284
May 6, 2009 4:04:08 PM    View the profile of Grahim 
Grahim saw a insekt that existed on Naboo too and Grahim knew they tasted really good. Grahim slurped with his tongue in the radio.

“Dammit, Grahim! Stop it with the tongue!” Karash's voice blurted out in the main channel.

“Karash itsa wasn’t mesas fault mesa isa hungry and mesa wanted to eat” Grahim answered. Grahim was still climbing up the mountain. Grahim wanted to reach the top of the mountain.
“Mesa hate thesa, since thatsa stupid gungan Jar Jar Binks wesa real gungans have suffered” Grahim thought.

“Mesa isa sorry if mesa irritated yousa, Karash” Grahim said in the short range radio.

“Don’t worry I just don’t like the slurpy sound you do with your tongue” Karash answered

“Mesa shall try to stop itsa, but mesa isa not promising anything” Grahim said. That was a silent pact between Grahim and Karash. Grahim and Karash kept climbing the mountain.
Ron was over Grahim and Karash and Rae was under them. Grahim would soon drop his two vibro-knifes if he didn’t take a brake soon.

“Mesa isa going to stay here for una while. Mesa need to rest” Grahim said.

“We can’t stop we will be easy targets for snipers then, so you will have to climb or die. Of course its your choice but I think I want you here and not in a bloody mess on the ground below us” Ron said. Grahim kept climbing even although he was getting tired in the arms. “Mesa needs to do una work out more often” Grahim thought. Karash was now over Grahim.

“Grahim, keep up with me if you can” Karash said.
TRP/PVT Grahim/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  425
May 6, 2009 4:38:50 PM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash was standing on the edge of cliff looking over the side wondering what waited for them and whether or not they would be able to deal with it. Just as Karash turned to go back to the half-track the ambush began and great metal rods flew through the air and destroyed anything in their path. People were hitting the ground with great thuds all around Karash but he could not do anything to help him and he just hoped that no one he knew was hurt. There was no enemy in sight and therefore nothing to fight against, “how could they fight against something they couldn’t see?” The entirety of the three platoons was useless and could not do anything to protect themselves… then it stopped.

Karash did not have any time to think about what had just happened or even decided whether it happened or not before the voices began to shout. “Over here, now!” He knew the voice but just decided to go and see if he could help.

As Karash approached he could see Lance Corporal Havock standing there trembling slightly and with a look of shear horror on her face. It did not take much to realise why as there was a soldier a few feet away from here, impaled with one of those spikes; Hav aimed her pistols at Ron but Karash paid no notice to that and moved to see if there was anything he could do for the soldier. As he knelt down to the soldier blood was still pouring from the man’s neck, Karash knew he was dead but still checked just in case.

“Come on.” A hand was on Karash’s shoulder and was now ordering him to move, he assumed it was Ron but never took his eyes off of the soldier.

----After Orders Are Given Out----

Karash was climbing the cliffs side with the rest of his squad and only hoping that he did not fall, although he did not fear heights he did feel far safer when he was not balancing on two knives and a gun. It did not help that Grahim was being annoying and sticking his damn tongue out everywhere, Karash knew he did not mean it but Karash could be less than tolerant at times.

"Dammit, Grahim! Stop it with the tongue!" Karash did not mean to say it out loud but none the less he did.

"Are they ever going to grow up?" Havock said to herself.

Karash resented this remark as it was nothing to do with him really, he was just happy muttering to himself and apparently the only reason the Gungan was doing it was because he was hungry. Karash had decided to stop himself from reacting to any more of Grahim’s odd behaviours as after all they were from very different cultures and found each other equally annoying and at the same time they were friends.

For once Karash heard some one other than himself complain about something, Karash never really meant it but said it anyway. “Grahim, keep up with me if you can” Karash said.  Even though they had agreed to a temporary truce Karash was not going to let Grahim stop him.

As they reached the top of cliff Karash looked out around and could have sworn he saw something dart across the horizon but he decided his eyes were tricking him or at least he hoped they were. Everyone knew that those things that attacked them could have taken out a single squad like Raiders quite easily but there minds were distracted as Corporal Jaenna gave out the orders.

"We are going to split up. I'll take Rogueboy, Havock and Karash. Ron, you will take Raelene, Grahim and Baretz. My team is going to take the West side of the cliff. Ron, you and yours take the east. We meet at the top. As we go, destroy anything that's too ugly to be called a human easily." She was highly confident and Karash could tell she was enjoying her status as ASL.

Karash knew that what ever was waiting for them whether it be dead or alive would not be pretty and he drew comfort from the fact that he was with people he respected and would be more than good in a fight.

"Lets go!" Ordered Jae.

As Karash checked his weaponry on last time as the squad split there was a very peculiar noise ridding on the wind however no one spoke of it as no one wanted to think it was real.

TRP/PFC_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:31:33 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 100  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >