Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Shipping Run (Anyone can join)

Author
Topic:  Shipping Run (Anyone can join)
Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1163
Total Posts:  1594
  Shipping Run (Anyone can join)
March 13, 2009 6:56:39 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
Bacredi stirred in his seat as some of the cabinet briefed him. Donald Rumpfold, RAF Bedford was leading the part of the briefing about shipping safety. Jonathan Priors, RAF Dorsetshire was leading the part of the briefing about shipping space. Geoffrey Roebuck, RAF Somorset was leading the part of the briefing about the pay of the crew members. Suddenly, the com in the room beeped and the sound of a building com rang off.

“Incoming freighter, tags ShadowHawk. Admiralty one and two flights please set out on an intercept course.” The security captain, Mark Chamberlyn, spoke through the coms. Bacredi smirked and excused himself from the room, Jonathan Priors took this time to go to the restroom and Donald Rumpfold took this time to get a glass of water. Roebuck merely moved into another room. Bacredi then clicked his com.

“Captain,” Bacredi asked Mark. Mark clicked back. “What is the intent of the freighter … ShadowHawk was it?” Bacredi asked. Bacredi as making sure it was really Morrell, who said he might stop by for supplies every now and then.

“Intent is unknown… I’ll patch you into the ShadowHawk channel now.” Mark Chamberlyn said, he then patched Bacredi into the channel of the ShadowHawk. A large crrrssk sounded.

“Cepany Manor Two-Tumuli, what are your intentions … Morrell.” Bacredi asked Hunter who was currently en route to the manor.

“Stopping by for supplies.” Morrell blandly responded. “Do you have any to spare, I can get you back for it later.” Bacredi smirked and then called his speeders off, he told Morrell that he did and that his fighters were being called off. Bacredi then walked to the East Wing, were seven guards were stationed. The guards looked around with repeating weapons.

“Sir! There is an unknown Bothan Assault Frigate that is requesting a video confrence with you. We can patch you in in the East Wing office.” Morrell arrived and Bacredi ushered him the way Bacredi was going.

“Here, I’ll get you set up after this conference.” Bacredi walked into the room and it showed three huge screens: one to the immediate left was a B-1 droid, same with the right, in the center was the unmistakable Stormz.

[It seems as though you have added a small amount of ships to your trading flotilla.] Stormz began. Bacredi queried.

“And were did you get that manifest?” Bacredi smirked, he knew Stormz had his ways with this type of things.

[I do have my ways. Anyhow, when are you going to be going on your next shipping run?]

“Two, three hours. Why?”

[I’ll be in touch.]

The com ended and Bacredi shook his head, he walked out and began to get Morrell his supplies.
Ensign Zhar Bacredi, Vast Empire Navy
Special Agent, Vast Empire Intelligence
Naval Training Officer, Vast Empire Navy
------------------------------------------
NTO/ESN Bacredi/Sting 1-1/Platform Saratoga/Raegent System/VENA/VEN/VE [MC:1] [EER] [SoV] [SRC] [LoM] [NSM] [MC:1] [NS:H] [VST:1] [KST:1] *[NST:1]* (=A=) (=SA=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) {GWC} {SRC}
AGT/ESN Bacredi/Chaos/Reaper/ISD Nemesis/Sigma Group/VEI/VE
[This message has been edited by Bacredi (edited March 13, 2009 6:57:00 PM)]
Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1169
Total Posts:  1594
  RE: Shipping Run (Anyone can join)
March 15, 2009 11:37:51 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
"This is the RAF Devonshire, we have been *static* ambushed by unknown enemy vessels. We are taking heavy fire and are attempting to lose them. Any *static* vessel please respond. We are at location 3:2:09:2, Yelles System. Any vessel please - *static*"

-- -- -- -- --

Hunter Morrell was sleeping at his post on the HM DeathBringer. It didn't matter much, though, as the entire ship was run by droids. As Morrell started to snore a bit louder, the ships coms began to stream the Devonshire's distress signal. Hunter slowly drifted out of sleep and turned to the ship's main coms. "Facer, get a fix on that location. R6, turn us around to the location Facer will provide." Facer found the location and transmitted it to Hunter's main screen. The ShadowHawk was trailing the DeathBringer. The ship exited hyperspace and immediately re-entered it.

"This is the RAF Devonshire, we have been *static* ambushed by unknown enemy vessels. We are taking heavy fire and are attempting to lose them. Any *static* vessel please respond. We are at location 3:2:09:2, Yelles System. Any vessel please - *static*" Rang through the ship again.

-- -- -- -- --

The Devonshire sat in formation with the Bedford and the Commonwealth. The other starships with the three capital ships were Royal Sovereign, Royal Oak, Lancelot, Euphrates, Defender, Crestshire, Surprise, Lincolnshire, Cruising Speed, Starry Citadel, and Dauntless. The other ships of the flotilla were separated. Some were destroyed.

"Bacredi, this is the Bedford. Our engines are back up to 100 percent, our techs fixed them.  I'm trying to get our missile launcher back online as well.
Ensign Zhar Bacredi, Vast Empire Navy
Special Agent, Vast Empire Intelligence
Naval Training Officer, Vast Empire Navy
------------------------------------------
NTO/ESN Bacredi/Sting 1-1/Platform Saratoga/Raegent System/VENA/VEN/VE [MC:1] [EER] [SoV] [SRC] [LoM] [NSM] [MC:1] [NS:H] [VST:1] [KST:1] *[NST:1]* (=A=) (=SA=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) {GWC} {SRC}
AGT/ESN Bacredi/Chaos/Reaper/ISD Nemesis/Sigma Group/VEI/VE
Hunter-Morrell
ComNet Member

Hunter-Morrell

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  693
Total Posts:  2071
  RE: Shipping Run (Anyone can join)
March 16, 2009 3:28:00 PM    View the profile of Hunter-Morrell 
In the span of a few minutes, Hunter had gone from out cold to wide awake. Shortly after leaving hyperspace and changing direction, they entered it again. The ShadowHawk was currently in the hangar because Hunter didn’t want it to be immediately attacked when they entered the battle. Standing on the bridge of the HM DeathBringer, Hunter looked out at the lengthened stars and stared for a few seconds. He had always been told not to look out at hyperspace for a risk of damage to the various parts of the eye. Grinning, Hunter turned and starting walking for the door.

“I’m on my way to the hangar to get the ShadowHawk prepped for battle. Alert me when we leave hyperspace.”

Increasing his pace, Hunter made it to the hangar in record time. The ShadowHawk already had its own hangar open and ready. Running up the ramp, he made his way through the ship. Arriving in the cockpit, he turned the comm on and issued orders.

“All battle droids, start patrolling the ship when we exit hyperspace and a few of you be in the hangar at all times. All R1 droids, report to the ShadowHawk. All R3 droids, man the turrets and prepare for battle. I need a few R5 droids to board the ShadowHawk in case we need maintenance during battle.”

I really need some live crewmembers.

Starting up the ShadowHawk, Hunter settled back and waited for the droids to reach the ShadowHawk. He jumped slightly as a screen beeped and lit up slightly. Leaning closer, he read a message from the pilot droid that said departure from hyperspace was two minutes away.

“Alright droids. If you aren’t to the ShadowHawk by the time we exit hyperspace, you’re getting left. Now put a move on. We’ve got to go.”

--- In realspace ---

Their weapons were pumping out green bolts at the Devonshire, which was turning around to retreat in order to minimize damage. They had shown up without warning in the dead of space. It was one of the largest forces ever assembled in this part of the galaxy, with 20+ ships spread out in a semi-circle. The only thing that evened the odds was the fact that most of the ships were in a state of semi-disrepair. About half their weapons broke down frequently throughout the firefight and needed to be maintained, drawing a large number of the forces onboard to the task of repair and maintenance.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Chief Petty Officer Hunter Morrell
FL/CPO Hunter-Morrell/Nazgul 13/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE [CBV][BRC][BWC]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Shipping Run (Anyone can join)  |  New Posts    

All times are CST. The time now is 12:07:28 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 68  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >