Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Challenging Times (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Challenging Times (Paladin)
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  488
Total Posts:  896
  RE: Challenging Times (Paladin)
March 5, 2009 8:38:58 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun fired off a few rounds into the ranks of the super battle droids that had just entered the cantina. Maybe this is some kind of skill, although I don't know how much my skill is appreciated Zeshaun thought as he had willed the super battle droids to arrive at the cantina. A few shots from his rifle disabled one of the super battle droids but the pillar he was standing behind was get torn apart, it was on the brink of collapsing. Zeshaun searched for another place to take cover but couldn't find anything except tables. He ran over to one and flipped it over but as soon as he had ducked behind it the droids blasters put holes through it and Zeshaun had to get up and run again.He ended up hiding behind the same pillar as Alan which wasn't very useful since his pillar was starting to look pretty bad.

"We gotta finish this off quick." Alan yelled over the blaster fire. "Our cover is gonna disappear soon."

Zeshaun nodded reaching around the pillar to fire a few shots, taking out an arm on one of the super battle droids. Unfortunately it didn't stop it from attacking. He reloaded and fired again, this time smashing it's small portion of it's body where it's head was, the droid collapsed and lay in a heap on the ground. After 10 minutes of rigorous fighting the squad of super battle droids was on the ground all over the cantina and the hutt was not looking happy.

"It's over Pratt, give yourself up." Lucky said.

She spoke to an empty room toward the platform where the hutt used to be sitting behind the shield. The voice of the hutt came from some kind of speaker in the room somewhere the hutt laughed but it was not it's usual confident laugh but more of a menacing more angered laugh, it began to speak and so the droid began to translate.

"My master wishes to tell you that he is tired of the imperial scum trying to clean up the world how they think it should be cleaned and that he will be the first to clean it his own way."

"Tell your master that we're sorry to burst his bubble but someone's already tried that." Alan said, Zeshaun could imagine the smirk on his face.

Zeshaun loudly reloaded his rifle just to add a little dramatic effect to the whole scene knowing that the hutt had to have some kind of microphone hidden in the room. The hutt now laughed it's normal sinister laugh and a door behind the platform opened up.

"Please join me in my personal chamber if you think you can manage to find me, in fact if you find me I will hand myself over to the empire." The hutt said with a hint of amusement in it's voice.

word of a hutt isn't very reliable but it's better than nothing Zeshaun thought as he moved toward the door. Alan put a hand on his shoulder and stopped him from going any further. Zeshaun turned around and looked at Alan expecting an explanation. He pointed through the door and Zeshaun looked closely at what he was pointing at. Right inside the door was a very thin trip wire, Zeshaun wasn't sure what it was connected to but he was glad he didn't have to find out first hand.

"thanks."

"No problem." Alan said.

"If we can survive than maybe it'll be worth finding the hutt." Njall said.

The squad stood, shifting from one foot to the other not sure if the risk of what was through that door was worth a chance to kill the hutt. If I survive this mission, I think I'll add hutt to the the list of species that I hate Zeshaun thought as he waited for Alan and Lucky to come to a decision.
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA][SC]

"I light a candle and place it up on the mantle
Grab a knife at the blade and stab you with the fuckin handle"
-Eminem
)*Under the Influence*(

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1389
Total Posts:  1795
March 6, 2009 12:30:44 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan peered through the door and wasn’t very happy with what he saw.  Through the door was a very narrow passage, it was dimly lit and Alan could hardly see what was ahead of them.  He glanced back at Lucky to see whether she wished to proceed or not.

“We need to find this Hutt and put a stop to him once and for all” said Lucky.

“Agreed” replied Alan, “but you know we are most like walking into a trap”.

“But what’s the best way to deal with a trap?” asked Lucky.

“Spring the trap” said Alan and Zeshaun in unison.

“Exactly” confirmed Lucky.

“Let’s move out” said Alan, “but be careful”.

The squad nodded as one by one they entered the narrow passageway, taking care to step over the trip wire.  Alan took one last look at the trip wire, following it up to the ceiling but losing it.  He wondered just what nasty surprise lay at the end of the wire.  I guess we will never know thought Alan.

The squad were moving cautiously down the passageway, looking around at the walls and seeing if there were any surprises in store for them.  Suddenly a large explosion rocked the passage and the squad found themselves crashing to the floor.

“What the hell was that?” asked Alan as he clambered to his feet wondering if they had accidentally tripped off a hidden device.

The charred head of a battle droid came clattering down the passageway and the squad glanced up at where the door had once been.  Now beams and debris littered the floor.

“Well I’m glad you stopped me when you did” commented Zeshaun.

“Yeah, at least we know what the trip wire done, let’s make sure we don’t accidentally trip any of those” replied Alan.

“Well I guess we’re not leaving the same way that we came in” commented Njall.

“Let’s keep moving forward” said Lucky.

With that the squad started to move forward, slower than before as they scanned the area thoroughly, not wanting any surprises.  I’m going to kill that Hutt when I see him thought Alan.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC]

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  489
March 6, 2009 8:39:55 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun picked himself up and was now very thankful that Alan had stopped him from activating that tripwire himself. The dark hallway got larger and larger and became brighter and brighter. Zeshaun could see where the hallway ended but couldn't see any sign of movement and his thermal sensors did not pick up any signals of heat in the room. Zeshaun let out a deep sigh at least we made it through the hall He loosened his grip on his rifle and started to walk a little faster toward the light.

"Hey where you going in such a hurry." Njall prodded.

"It's okay there's nothing in that room, it's not like we're going to have to fight anymore droids." Zeshaun said jokingly.

A loud metallic clanging noise erupted from the room, Zeshaun checked his thermal visors again and it now showed a squad of droids lead by a droideka, approaching the end of the hall. He looked around and immediately knew that if the droids caught them while they were still inside the hall they would be dead within minutes, especially with the droideka and it's shield.

"Bad news guys..." Zeshaun started.

"we have to fight more droids." Alan finished pulling his blasters out of their holsters.

"yeah sorry about that, I'll work on not saying things anymore."

"let's get out of this hall." Lucky said.

The squad sprinted down the rest of the hallway completely forgetting that the hallway could be rigged with traps and explosives. Fortunately they came out alive and the droids had not attacked them yet. When the squad ran into the bright room they nearly ran into the squad of droids.

"Fire!" Lucky ordered.

The squad quickly fired a volley of blaster bolts at the droids but most of them were swallowed up by the shield of the droideka but the blaster fire stopped the advancing droids. It gave the squad the chance to regroup and get some cover from the corner. The white empty room reminded him of the white halls of the Tantive IV that he had seen on the old movies about the empire before he was born.

The droidekas shields made it nearly impossible to damage the other droids behind it. The hall was narrow enough for the droideka's shields to cover the whole width of the hallway. Alan managed to hit a few of the droids when they came out from behind the shields to fire. We don't have time for this, every second that goes by is a second that the hutt uses to get away. Zeshaun angrily fired a few rounds at the droids. He quickly took cover from the droids return fire and reloaded his rifle. If this hutt get's away, I promise to hunt it down until it's dead, as if it were a wookie Zeshaun thought as he whipped around the corner and fired again.

-Eminem
)*Under the Influence*(

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1391
March 7, 2009 1:59:28 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad returned fire at the droideka’s, their blaster bolts bouncing off the droids shields.  This isn’t good thought Alan as hr grabbed his blasters and let loose a barrage of bolts.  Most of his shots struck the droideka’s shields causing no damage whilst some of the bolts struck some of the battle droids cowering behind the shields.

“We’re getting nowhere with these droids” said Zeshaun.

“Anyone got any grenades?” asked Lucky.

Alan glanced around at the squad waiting to find out who had some grenades to take out the droideka’s.  He was surprised when he found nothing but the squad shaking their heads.  We’re all out of grenades thought Alan, that can’t be good.

“Oh great” commented Njall, “how are we going to take care of the droideka’s”.

“I got a plan, get ready to take those damn droids out” said Alan.

Before Lucky or the rest of the squad could say a word, Alan jumped out from behind the corner and stood in front of the droideka’s.  The droids were about to open fire when Alan started to run as fast as he can away from them.  What was I thinking thought Alan as he ran down the room.

“What the hell is he doing” said Zeshaun.

“Trying to get himself killed by the looks of it” replied TK.

The droideka’s looked at the fleeing Imperial.  Their shields disappeared as they turned into a rolling ball and started to give chase.

“Take them out now!” barked Lucky.

The squad didn’t need to be told twice as they opened fire on the rolling droideka’s.  Without their shields, the bolts struck the metal of the droideka’s.  Several well placed shots brought the droids to a halt.  Alan came to a stop and breathed deeply and thought to himself well that worked.

Alan’s helmet sparked to life as he heard Lucky’s voice come through via a private channel as she said “Alan, don’t you dare do anything so foolhardy again”.

“Sorry” replied Alan, “it was the only way I could think of bringing down those droids”.

Alan glanced back at the remaining battle droids, now looking very exposed without having the shields of the droideka’s.  The squad came out from their covering position, weapons raised.

“Uh oh” said one of the droids as it looked at the advancing Imperials.

“Let them have it” called out Lucky.

The squad opened fire on the battle droids.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC]

TK_421
ComNet Novice

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  242
March 7, 2009 4:57:58 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK aimed carefully shooting into the ranks of the retched clankers; he looked at the squad who were busy shooting at the remaining droids. I hope we take out this Hutt soon thought TK

“That’s them” said Lucky who had just shot the remaining droid

“Hallelujah” praised TK

TK followed Lucky and the squad back into the suffocating passageway Lets hope Zeshaun doesn’t make the same mistake again speculated TK as he followed Lucky into the room on the other side, he looked around to notice only a workbench with imperial Stormtrooper armor on it.

“What the?” queried TK pointing at the armor

“Must’ve been collecting it for his men” said Lucky “Just ignore it”

TK took one last glimpse of the shining white armor before going through a door into a large bleak door. On the other side was a large room with a moderately sized ship. TK spots several figures, one of which is sluggish. Is that Pratt? considered TK

“Guys, is that Pratt” asked TK

“Sure is, the son of a sith!” said Njall

“Looks like he is trying to escape” said Lucky

“Looks like it, yeah” said Alan

“TK, Zeshaun you two will disable his escape transport, we will give you cover” ordered Lucky

“Affirmative” replied TK and Zeshaun in unison

TK followed Zeshaun’s lead, which was slightly unusual. Nevertheless, they had a job to accomplish. TK spots a high room with several terminals in.

“Lets get up there” said TK pointing at the window

“Good idea” replied Zeshaun

TK and Zeshaun ran with all their energy up to the look-out, when they reached there it was empty.

“Hmm let’s look at this” said Zeshaun who was stooped over an orange terminal 

TK stepped over to Zeshaun

“Hmm see if you can disable the ship” said TK

“Would overload ship circuit’s work?” asked Zeshaun

“Try it” replied TK

TK watched as Zeshaun chose the option to overload the ship circuits. A message appeared, stating “This is only used for emergencies, that emergency being an intruder escaping, if in that case use this option, if not then step away”

Zeshaun laughed “Pratt is now the intruder”

TK laughed with Zeshaun

“Damn” cursed TK as he spotted Pratt moving away from the disabled ship, with an anguished and angry face.

TK and Zeshaun sprinted back to the squad

“He got away” said Kaka

“Yeah, but he won’t be going anywhere off this station any time soon” said TK

“Let’s follow him down that slope he went” said Lucky

TK followed Lucky and the squad down the ramp into a pitch black room. The squad was tense, TK could feel it.

“Look a light” Kaka pointed out.

The squad led TK into a large, blinding room, with a 7 foot tall magna guard stood waiting for them

“Pratt wants you dead” bellowed the droid

Oh great thought TK Some personal magna guard now

“Squad, attack with the Emperor’s wrath” ordered Lucky

TK watched as the squad opened fire on the terrifying red droid.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

TRP/PVT TK_421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light....
Paladin Squad:
http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1392
March 7, 2009 5:25:48 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was glad that the Hutt’s escape ship had been disabled.  Now we have that Hutt just where we want him, trapped thought Alan as the squad started chasing after Pratt.  Entering a blinding white room, Alan’s eyes opened wide.

“Do you see what I see?” asked Zeshaun.

“If you’re seeing a seven foot magna guard, then yes” replied TK.

“Great, just what the galaxy needed” commented Njall.

“Pratt wants you dead” bellowed the droid.

“Yeah, we figured that out already” replied Njall.

“Squad, attack with the Emperor’s wrath” ordered Lucky

Alan’s blasters were already in his hands as he unleashed a volley of blaster bolts towards the magna guard.  The bolts bounced off the droid and Alan was certain that the shots weren’t even grazing the droids body.

“Look out” called out Zeshaun.

Alan rolled out of the way as the magna guard’s electro staff came crashing down where Alan had stood mere seconds ago.  That was too close thought Alan as he looked at the large staff.

“Thanks” replied Alan.

“Concentrate your firepower on his eye sockets, maybe we can blind him” called out Lucky.

The squad nodded in unison and opened fire on the guards head.  The magna guard roared and swung his staff downwards towards the squad.  Everyone hit the deck as the staff flew over their heads.

Alan rolled onto his back and unleashed another volley of blaster bolts towards the magna guard’s face.  Are we even causing any damage thought Alan as the squad unleashed volley upon volley of blaster bolts at the guard.

“Are we even making a dent” commented Njall.

“I can’t tell” replied TK.

“Keep firing” called out Lucky, “we don’t have any grenades left so we need to take him down the old fashioned way”.

The squad nodded and unleashed another volley of blaster bolts and Alan wondered just how they were going to bring this magna guard down as he was wanting to get his hands on the vile Hutt called Pratt.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  491
March 7, 2009 8:25:21 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was starting to get very tired of the constant droid interference that the hutt was able to produce. He fired a few shots toward the magna guards eyes but missed. To conserve his rifle bullets to take out the hutt he put his rifle away and drew his machine pistol and Alan's favorite weapon the DL-44. Duel wielding the two blasters he fired shot after shot in the magna guards direction but it seemed especially adept at blocking blaster fire. this hutt's must have some kind of training facility for these droids. Zeshaun thought as he remembered the encounter with the other two magna guards before. it took a speeder and part of the roof to take those two out, I wonder what it'll take to get this one out of the way Zeshaun stopped to reload and take cover from the magna guards constant attacks with it's staff.

"We don't have time for this." Njall yelled angrily

"I know, but we have to focus on the task at hand or else you'll end up dead." Alan warned.

Zeshaun fired again, raising his arms up, aiming for it's eyes like Lucky had advised. Zeshaun found himself pointing his blasters especially high. This magna guard was an extra foot or so taller than the two they had fought in the Pharm Corp. building. I can't say I'm an expert on magna guards but I'm gonna have to guess this one's larger than normal Zeshaun dodged the staff and instinctively punched his attackers bicep trying to disarm it. He forgot that he was fighting a droid and punching it would probably do more damage to him than it would to it. Zeshaun reeled back in pain as he dropped his machine pistol and clenched his fist. He angrily looked up at the droid and found himself with his face only a few feet away from the droids chest. The magna guard was still trying to pry it's electro staff out of the wall from missing Zeshaun. Zeshaun quickly whipped his body around and fired a shot from his DL-44 sending sparks from the droids head. One of it's eyes had caught fire.

"Nice shot kid!" Alan said excitedly.

"Paladin's finish it!" Lucky ordered.

The other paladin's jumped on the opportunity and was able to shoot out the other eye. All the paladin's took a deep breath as they got off the unmoving body and started down the hall, toward where they thought the hutt was presiding. As they walked down the hall, most of them very exhausted from the amount of fighting that they had done this mission. I don't think I've gone through so many guns before. Zeshaun thought as he cycled through his gun to see which ones had ammo left. Out of all the guns he had on him, only his machine pistol, DL-44 and assault rifle had any ammo left. The sound of metal scrapping and pistons moving caught Zeshaun's ear and he turned to see what was making the noise, oh hell no He saw the magna guard with it's eyes flickering getting up and locating it's electro staff. when do these things ever stop Zeshaun thought as he pushed a clip into his blaster.

"We still got trouble." Zeshaun said.

The rest of the squad stopped and turned to face the droid. The squad started to fire at the advancing guard. The bullets didn't seem to affect it's tough body armor. With it's eyes gone, Zeshaun was having a very hard time deciding where it's next weakest spot was. Zeshaun was very hesitant about firing since he didn't have a large amount of ammo left to waste. I'm not firing a shot until I know what I'm shooting at Zeshaun barely dodged the magna guards electro staff and fell to the ground. on second thought, it's not worth having these bullets once I'm dead. Zeshaun rolled up from the ground and let a volley of blaster fire toward the droid.

"What are we aiming for?" TK_421 asked the question Zeshaun wanted to ask.

"I'm not exactly sure," Alan said. "If you have any ideas, please feel free to share."

"And soon." Njall added as he dodged another attack from the droid.

-Eminem
)*Under the Influence*(

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1394
March 7, 2009 8:59:44 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad started walking backwards, weapons blazing at the blinded magna guard.  How the hell are we going to bring this thing down thought Alan as his blasters unleashed volley upon volley of blaster bolts at the droid.  He could see no weakness in the droid.

“Mo badda, see guddi” uttered a voice behind him.

Alan whirled round and saw that Pratt the Hutt was in the room, his mobilised throne pressed up against the wall.  Alan forgot about the magna guard and brought his blaster to bear on the Hutt.  Now you die thought Alan as he fired at the Hutt.

Alan cursed silently as the bolt bounced off the Hutt’s shield.  Damn, I had forgotten about that thought Alan as he returned his attention back to the magna guard who was swinging its staff repeatedly and wildly.

“Pratt, turn this thing off” called out Lucky, “it is blinded and you are as much a target as we are”.

Pratt muttered words that Alan couldn’t comprehend and he glanced behind him to see the Hutt working a large console on his throne.  His tail twitched nervously as he muttered more words, Alan wondered whether the Hutt was cursing or not.

“Shut it off already!” shouted Njall as the magna guard’s staff swung and nearly took his head off.

“Look out” said Zeshaun.

The squad dived out of the way of the magna guard as it swung its staff downwards.  The staff struck the shielding around the Hutt’s throne.  The shielding started to glow a bright red and suddenly the magna guard’s head exploded.  The dead body of guard collapsed to the ground and the Hutt glanced at the squad nervously.

“His high exalted one surrenders” called out the protocol droid from behind the Hutt.

“Not this time” said Alan, both blasters in his hands.  Alan was not going to be a pawn anymore in this Hutt’s madhouse and he was not about to find out if his droid had any surprises or not.

His first shot struck the protocol droid in the head, bringing it crashing down.  His next shots pummelled into the Hutt.  Alan wasn’t sure what the best way to kill a Hutt was so he unleashed volley upon volley into the large mass that was Pratt the Hutt.  Pratt was soon just a smouldering pile of fat.

“I think he’s dead” commented Njall, looking at how much damage the Hutt had taken from Alan’s blasters,

“Then its over” said TK, breathing a sigh of relief.

“Yes” said Lucky, “now to contact Tadath and inform them the threat of this Hutt is over, it will be nice to get home”.

“You said it” replied Alan as he holstered his weapons.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet Novice

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  242
March 8, 2009 12:56:12 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK was ecstatic, the mission was finally over, and he was eavesdropping on Lucky’s conversation with Command back at Tadath. I just can not believe it is now over pondered TK

“Well that was Command” said Lucky excitedly “Debriefing is in 12 hours”

The squad cheered, but soon stopped as they spotted the jelly like fat on the floor move.

“He better not be alive” commented TK gritting his teeth

Pratt laughed but before he could do much TK shot volleys at him, each one landing him in the face. TK watched as Njall walked over to the Hutt and kicked him in the face.

“Now you die, you overweight blob of grease” cursed Njall, rather loudly

“Let’s just go” said Zeshaun pulling Njall away from the corpse

TK’s head was bursting with excitement; either that or the bump from the ship was catching up to him. The squad trekked for 5 minutes back into the hanger with the escape ship.

“Ill head off and enable it” said Lucky as she jogged off towards the stairs

TK stood with the squad next to the door that was yet to be opened
, he spotted Lucky coming back and pressing a button,  the ship springing to life

“All aboard” shouted Lucky

TK was the first to step onto the luxurious frigate; he looked around to notice a cockpit, beds and seats laid out along the ship.

“I will fly” said Lucky “Knowing Zesh he will crash again”

“That wasn’t me” replied Zeshaun “They brought me down”

TK walked over to one of the beds and lay down, it wasn’t long before he was asleep.

He woke three hours later;  looking around he noticed Kaka sprawled out on a three-seater couch. Kaka looked at him.

“Rise and shine” Kaka laughed

TK rose and looked out the small window next to his bed, they were flying into the Corps, on Tadath, TK heard the squad chatting in the background and heard Zeshaun shout “Tadath here we are!”

TK sat waiting on the bed until he heard a deadening screech as the ship came to a halt and was lowering into the hanger.

Lucky came over the ship Comm “Welcome home”

The squad piled off the ship and ran inside; TK went straight to his room for a good rest.
When TK arrived it was nice and tidy, something he would never make it be, TK sat on his bed and put his head down. His head was spinning over the occurrences. Firstly, the replacement of Kaka. Secondly, the polish and the droideka and the injury from the magna guard, TK winced at this thought but fell asleep.

-----A few hours later---
TK awoke to the buzz of his datapad, slowly he reached over and took the device in his hands. Everyone get down here, time for debriefing groaning he got up and left his room for the squad briefing room. TK walked through the dank corridors, he could smell sweat and blood, but for TK that was the smell of home. Moments later, TK stept through the squad breifing room, and took a seat, waiting for Lucky to begin.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

TRP/PVT TK_421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light....
Paladin Squad:
http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  492
March 8, 2009 4:38:04 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was still sour about not being able to pilot the ship. Every time I get behind the wheel, I get shot down, it's never my fault Zeshaun sat himself down on one of the couches and started to unholster all his weapons. He found a cabinet next to the couch full of pillows. He pulled all the pillows out and placed his weapons securely in the cabinet. Zeshaun placed all the pillows on the couch and made himself a large sea of pillows on the couch. He jumped onto the pile of pillows and comfortably lay on the couch. As soon as he was comfortable though, he had the urge to eat something, he had not gotten anything to eat since his meal back on tadath before they left. He got up if anyone take that couch I will personally tear them apart Zeshaun thought as he searched the shuttle for any kind of food storing area. He found a large box filled with different foods, most of them didn't look very appetizing but at the moment he was so hungry that he would eat anything.

"What's that your eating, it looks like something that came out of my butt the other day." Njall said with disgust as he looked at what Zeshaun had picked out of the fridge.

Zeshaun shrugged. "As long as it's food."

Zeshaun walked back over to the couch, sat down, opened up the food and started chowing down. He started out the window as Lucky started up the engine of the shuttle and slowly lifted off from the station. maybe we should have destroyed this thing before we left Zeshaun thought as he watched the station get smaller and smaller we'll just let the navy guys destroy it when they get the chance After finishing what ever he was eating he tried to fall asleep but couldn't. All the fighting and traps that they had encountered on the mission had produced so much adrenaline that he was still affected a little. He surveyed the shuttle from where he was sitting looking for someone to talk too but they everyone else was sleeping. pff, humans Zeshaun lay his head back on the couch and closed his eyes hoping that he would eventually fall asleep.

Zeshaun woke up from the shaking of the shuttle, he looked out the window and saw that they were entering the atmosphere of Tadath, finally

"Tadath here we are!" He shouted to no one in particular.

He saw that he had woken up TK_421 and everyone else was just as excited to be back alive. The shuttle docked in the hangar closest to their barracks and Lucky lowered the ramp. Zeshaun opened up the cabinet, grabbed all his weapons and walked off the ramp. Zeshaun took off his helmet and let the setting sun shine on his face, he stretched his legs and waved goodbye to the other squad members.

"I'll catch you at all at the cantina later!" Zeshaun called out as he left the hangar.

but right now all I need is real food and a nice long shower Zeshaun walked to his room and flipped on the lights, the room was exactly how he had left it, still messy and full of dirty clothes. He walked into the kitched and found the sink full of dirty plates. I should invest in one those maid droids Zeshaun thought. He quickly threw something into the oven and stepped into the shower.

-Eminem
)*Under the Influence*(

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1395
March 8, 2009 5:45:35 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Stepping into the shuttle, Alan was happy that Lucky had chosen to pilot the ship herself.  He thought that arriving in Tadath would be preferable than crashing into the hangar deck.  Sliding his helmet off, he rubbed his chin, feeling the stubble.  It had been a long and gruelling mission.  Lately it seemed that the Paladin squad were getting tougher assignments.  Alan glanced around the ship and saw all the troopers present and accounted for and thought to himself any mission that sees the safe return of all of its troopers is a good mission in my books.

Alan took some time to look round the ship.  He saw the beds and thought to himself that they looked like a good place to spend the return trip.  He decided to see how Lucky was getting on first as he felt the ship shuddering and he knew that they were now airborne.  Entering the cockpit, Alan watched Lucky busy with the controls of the ship.  He sat down beside her and watched as the stars streaked past as they went into hyperspace.

“What’s this?” asked Lucky as she turned around in her seat and ran her hand over Alan’s cheek.

“Just a bit of stubble”, replied Alan.  He chuckled slightly and asked “don’t you like it, was thinking of going for the bearded look”.

Lucky laughed and replied “don’t you dare”.

Alan smiled at her and said reassuringly “don’t worry I’ll get a good shave once we are back home”.

“Home” said Lucky as she looked out at the stars, “it will be nice to get back”,

“That it will” agreed Alan who suddenly felt his jaws widen and a large yawn overcome him.

“You should get some sleep” said Lucky.

“Yeah” replied Alan, he was starting to get tired knowing that they were now out of danger, “you going to be alright piloting this back to Tadath, I don’t really want Zeshaun taking over and crashing us”.

Lucky laughed and replied “don’t worry, I’ll be fine, I won’t let Zeshaun anywhere near the controls”.

“Alright” replied Alan, “see you when we land”.

Alan left the cockpit and was glad to see that at least one of the beds was still vacant.  Placing his helmet down by the side of the bed he slid both his blasters out of their holsters and laid them next to the helmet.  He lay down on the bed and closed his eyes.  He wasn’t sure whether or not he was actually going to sleep but the rest would be good.

“Welcome home” came Lucky’s voice over the com.

Alan’s eyes fluttered open.  He wasn’t sure whether he had heard correctly or not.  Surely they had not arrived already.  He had just gotten to lie down on the bed.  Alan rubbed his eyes and sat up.  He needed to find out where they were.

"Tadath here we are!" shouted Zeshaun.

I guess we really are home thought Alan as he suddenly became aware of the engine noise lowering and knew they were about to land.  He looked down and grabbed both of his blasters and slung them into his holsters and picked up his helmet.  By the time he had grabbed his stuff the landing ramp had lowered and Lucky was waiting for him.

"I'll catch you at all at the cantina later!" Zeshaun called out as he left the hangar.

“Count on it” called back Alan, although he wasn’t sure whether or not Zeshaun had heard him.

“Let’s go home” said Lucky.

Alan looked around and realised that they were the last ones left.  He took her hand in his and replied “that sounds like a wonderful plan”.

Together they made their way back to their house.  Alan was looking forward to getting some food as he was famished.  He was also looking forward to hooking up with Zeshaun at the cantina.  That was one hell of a mission thought Alan as they returned home.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Njall
ComNet Initiate

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  175
Total Posts:  481
March 8, 2009 6:55:03 PM    View the profile of Njall 
Njall, exhausted after a long mission, trudged onto the shuttle.  Even though the shuttle wasn’t the most comfortable vehicle in the galaxy, it felt like heaven after all the fighting.  As he sat there, he contemplated the mission that they had just been through.  He remembered the beginnings, the fights, the casualties and many other things.  The death of Pratt the Hutt was also in his mind very clearly.  The thing that Njall thought of most was how much he helped the squad.  Njall went through this process after every mission to see where he could improve.  Looking through the events in his mind’s eye, he felt that although he had done better than the last mission, there was still much to improve.  Njall felt however that if he kept at it, he would eventually be as good as Zeshaun, Alan or Lucky were.

“Good job on the mission guys.” He said softly

When no one responded Njall looked up and say that all the squad members, except for Lucky, had fallen into a deep sleep.  Njall looked at them and suddenly realized how tired he was.  With relative ease, he fell asleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Njall woke up several hours later.  As he was waking up, he heard people speaking.

“Welcome home.” He heard Lucky say over the comm

“Tadath, here we are!” Zeshaun shouted, as the rest of the squad cheered. 

Njall shuffled through the streets of Tadath, still not fully compromising the fact that the mission was over.  He entered his house, took a quick hot shower and ate one of the best meals that he had had recently.  That was saying something, because Njall was not a very good cook.  As he prepared to have another nap before the debriefing started, he heard a knock on the door and opened it to find a uniformed man. 

“I’m sorry to intrude sir, but here is your Impericare bill for this month.”

Njall closed the door and let out a sigh.  Home comes with both advantages and disadvantages.
Private Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Phoenix Company
Dragon Battalion
Osiris Regiment
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Njall/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE {RCRT}
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1800
Total Posts:  3440
March 14, 2009 4:03:49 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky walked into the Condo she shared with Alan, threw her helmet ona hook and dropped her bags. Boy, it was good to be home. looking around, she was happy to see that everything was still in order.  Nothing was disturbed, the Betty droid had gobe vack to its mumbling ways. Shaking her head, she took off her armor piece by piece and placed it in its acse before putting it into the armory under the stairs.

heading to the kitchen, she opened the fridge and took out two beers and ingredients for a platter of nachos. She didn't feel like mking a complicated, she was sore, tired and in need of a shower. ten minutes later the cheeses was grated and spread on the nachos as was the salsa and everything else.

Putting everything in the oven to cook, she took a quick shower  and came out just as the timer went off. Moving quickly, Taking out the tray, she divided dthe food into two halves and gave Alan his share. she ate in silence, stealing occasional glances and smiles at him, they were both quite tired.

Heading upstairs, she got into bed and soon after fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

OOC:
End of story
SL/1SGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP][CE][SCA]

To Embrace the Darkness is To Bring About The light...

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Challenging Times (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:17:43 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 180  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >