Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Challenging Times (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Challenging Times (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1340
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Challenging Times (Paladin)
February 22, 2009 8:42:06 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked at the new trooper and was happy to see that they had been assigned someone new, especially after that had already lost Kaka on this mission.  Here’s hoping the kid can shoot straight thought Alan.

Zeshaun passed TK one of the electro staffs and Alan decided to keep his distance as he watched him twirl the staff around, trying to get familiar with the strange weapon.  Alan had been surprised when Zeshaun had passed the new kid one of the staffs but he also knew it was a good way to get the new trooper involved in the battle and to focus him on the impending attach on the droideka’s.

"Gear up and lets move out!" ordered Lucky.

The squad gathered everything together and started to walk down the corridor back towards the droideka’s.  TK was still twirling the staff, getting used to the feeling of the staff in his hands.  It still made Alan uneasy though as one minor slip could result in one of the other squad members being injured.

“Hey kid, watch where you’re twirling that thing” commented Alan.

“Sorry Sir” replied TK as he decided to stop trying to show off and just walk with the stick.

“How old is he anyway?” queried Zeshaun as he moved alongside Alan.

Alan shrugged and replied “who knows, they seem to be sending more and more kids our way”.

“Great, just what we need, a newbie” added Njall.

Alan smiled under his helmet.  Njall always had a very dry sarcastic wit about him.

“He’s been fully trained” replied Alan, “I’m sure he’ll do just fine”.

Lucky held up her hand which stopped the squad’s banter.  They immediately dropped to their knees, weapons raised.  Alan took in his surroundings and knew that they were just round the corner from the droideka’s.

Here’s hoping those staffs are useful against these droideka’s thought Alan as the squad prepared to attack.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TK_421
ComNet n00b

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  242
February 22, 2009 10:54:40 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
Lucky held up her hand which stopped the squad’s banter.  They immediately dropped to their knees, weapons raised.

"Halt! here they are, ready troops?"  Asked Lucky

"All fine here lead!" replys Njall - one of the only times TK has heared him NOT abusing him.

"Great!" Lucky Barks " Theres three around the corner but my guesses there is more in the next room!"

"Any plans guys?" asks Alan

"I might have one" Strutters TK

Zeshaun laughs "Yeah the new kid has ALL[i] the plans"

"Let him continue" both Alan and Lucky say in unison.

"Alan said i should stop twirling this thing around" Said TK waving the staff above his head "If i jump in the corridor and swing it the droidekas may [i]Think
i am going to assault them, and then i jump aside......"

".......How long is this going to take?" Njall stops TK

"I was just getting to the point man!" TK Replies confidently " Then if im correct they will roll down towards us then BAM! we ambush them there and then"

"Might just work!" Said Lucky "lets do it"
TRP/PVT TK-421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited February 22, 2009 10:55:47 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  457
Total Posts:  896
February 22, 2009 11:27:30 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was  slightly skeptical about the new kids plan but it was better than anything that he had so he went along with it. If we're lucky, these electro-staffs will be able to pierce through their shields. Zeshaun switched on his staff and stood waiting to ambush the droidekas. TK-421 jumped out into the hallway, and started to move aggressively toward the droidekas, twirling his staff around over his head. The droidekas fired their blasters at TK-421 and surprisingly enough, TK-421 was able to deflect the shots that seemed to be headed toward him. [i]well done The droidekas rolled up and charged toward TK-421. He turned around and sprinted back around the corner. Zeshaun could hear the droidekas slow and erect their shields before walking around the corner, as soon as Zeshaun could see the shield he pivoted around the corner and plunged the spear into the shield, and it slid in, piercing the body of the droideka. The shield shimmered away and the droideka started to have act like it was having a seizure then crumpled to the ground. yes Zeshuan congratulated himself.

"watch out!" Alan shouted.

Zeshaun ducked on instinct and felt a blaster bolt graze the top of his helmet, whoa Zeshaun pulled the spear out from the, now, disfunctional droideka and ran trying to avoid being hit by the second droidekas blaster fire. The plan had worked but not as well as they had hoped, now they were only dealing with one droideka but it was now sitting right infront of them and the paladin's had no where to take cover from the droidekas never ending attacks.

"What now?" Njall asked, frantically running around trying to keep from being a still target.

"We should probably just run away right." Zeshaun said sarcastically.

"Oh come on, how can we call ourselves a squad if we can't take out one droideka." Alan said

Zeshaun laughed and reloaded his rifle and stored the electro-staff away. He started firing at the droideka while walking back and forth through the hall slowly moving backwards as the droideka advanced as if it were not facing any opposition. They retreated back behind the next corner so that they had a couple minutes to think before they would have to deal with the droideka again.

"Anyone got any more ideas." Lucky asked.

Zeshaun shook his head. He couldn't think of anything and he was slightly dissapointed in himself. He sat waiting for someone else to come up with a good idea as he listened to the droidekas metal legs clanking down the hall, coming closer with each step.

"Hold on I have another idea." TK-421 said.

"Don't wait for our approval." Lucky motioned for him to share his idea.

"okay I was thinking..." Zeshaun listened closely. at least the newbie comes up with good ideas.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA][SC]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
TK_421
ComNet n00b

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  19
February 22, 2009 11:55:27 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
"I was thinking" Said TK as the squad listened in "As the Magna Guards were in twos this will involve one of us to run down the corridor deflecting the droideka's shots"

"I will do it i think i know where this is goin'" Said Zeshaun in agreement

this better work thought Alan
"Please explain for the rest of us TK" said Njall interested for once

"Well with Zesh running away from the droideka it should move past us right? Well I will strike it down when it does"

"Well thought Trooper" Said Lucky, smiling under her jet black helmet.

So the squad got in positions and Zeshaun sprinted the opposite way to the droid, the droid obviously firering away with out a care in the world and not noticing its predicament; one oh its shots almost took Zeshaun’s head off.

“NOW!” shouted Zeshaun

So TK jumps out and places a well aimed blow at the droideka it disabled the shield, the next blow stuns the droid and it falls to the floor, TK then gets the electro staff and poised it high above his head and strikes the Droideka in the head, destroying the droid.

“It worked!” shouted Alan
The squad starts cheering and chanting.

“It’s not over yet, get your breath and press on” said Lucky
TRP/PVT TK-421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1342
February 22, 2009 12:15:34 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked down at the fallen droideka’s and was happy that there were now just scrap metal.  Let’s hope that’s the last of them thought Alan.

“Nice work kid” said Alan.

“Thanks Sir” replied TK.

“Let’s get moving” called out Lucky, “I don’t want to stay here for long in case any more droideka’s decide to come along”.

“I’m all for that” called out Zeshaun.

The squad set off again.  Zeshaun took one look at the electro staffs and saw that they were completely destroyed after taking out the droideka’s.  He sighed and shook his head sadly.  Alan noticed Zeshaun and smiled, thinking that he had wanted to take one back to Tadath.

“Don’t worry Zeshaun, maybe you can buy one from the Imperial Store when we get back” said Alan.

“Yeah, maybe” replied Zeshaun.

The corridor suddenly forked into two corridors.  Lucky glanced down the left corridor and then the right one.

“Which one do we use?” asked TK

“The right one” replied Lucky.

The squad started moving down the right corridor.  Alan decided to join Lucky.  He weaved his way through the squad and up to the front, walking alongside her.

“You make a guess?” whispered Alan.

“Of course, what else” replied Lucky.

Up ahead the squad suddenly became aware of clanking noises.  Lucky held up her hand and the squad came to a halt.  Alan crawled slowly up to corner and poked his head round to see what was up ahead.  He groaned as he looked on at what was creating the clanking noises.

“Bad guess” said Alan as he returned to Lucky’s side.

“What did you see?” asked Lucky.

“At least four droideka’s” replied Alan.

“Four!” exclaimed TK.

“Hush” called out Lucky and Alan in unison.

“Sorry” whispered TK.

Lucky waved her hand and the squad backtracked down the corridor and chose moved down the left corridor, hoping that this one proved to be less guarded.  Alan was thankful that they had not come across any droideka’s in this corridor.

“Um guys, what’s that?” asked Njall.

Lucky and Alan glanced down the corridor and spotted round balls at the top of the corridor, four on one side and four on the other side.

“I got a bad feeling about this” said Zippy.

Alan looked around the corridor and spotted a bolt on the floor.  He picked it up and threw it down.  Immediately multiple blaster bolts flew down on the bolt, shattering it.

“Oh great” said Njall, “on one side we have a corridor filled with droideka’s and on this one we have those”.

“What are we going to do?” asked TK.

“Whatever it is one thing is for certain, we have to get through one of them” said Lucky.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC]

TK_421
ComNet n00b

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  22
February 22, 2009 2:57:14 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
"Dam! droidekas" Yells Zippy

"Calm down man" said Zeshaun, trying to reasure Zippy it ok.

"Throw some grenades if you still have them" Lucky Commands

"I got two grenades Ma'am" Replies TK

TK throws the first grenade but it never detonated, he threw the second and it wend in between two of the 'balls'. However, only one of them were destroyed.

"Not good its coming for us!" Yells TK "and im out of grenades!"

"its ok kid we need to improvise and we WILL improvise" Said Zippy reasuringly.

"ehm i have one last bottle of GLEEN! armor polish. will that work?"
asks TK

"Why would you do that?" asks Alan

"Just let him try Alan" said Lucky

So, TK pulls out his bottle of GLEEN! armor polish and lobs it across the hallway at the rapidly approaching ball, and it turns out TK was right about them, they are droidekas. The GLEEN! polish hits the droideka in between the eyes before it could deploy its sheild, the bottle smashing and the liquid going into the droidekas internal systems, causing it to malfuntion and explode.

"Oh my GOD!" said zippy in shock

But as Zippy said this the other droidekas were approaching the squad.

"These droids are pissing me off!" Yells Lucky "into the room!"

The squad did not hesitate but they were worried what was in on the other side, hopefully it was better then those goddamn droidekas for sure!

"Not good!" said Lucky as she and the squad were looking at 3 super battle droids and one magna guard

"Have you two got those electro staffs?" said Lucky looking between Zeshaun and TK

"No!" they both reply in unison.

"Dam!" yelled Zippy who was tucked up in the corner scared out of his wits before noticing two staffs on the other end of the room so he dashes over and takes them, the lobs them towards the two men, but TK wasn't ready and it hits him in the head.

"Newbie is such a cluts" Zeshaun says bursting into laughter "Just kidding"

TK got up and the two men tryed to strike the Magna guard but it dodged Zeshaun's and parryed TK's but that left it open and Zeshaun seized his chance hitting the droid in its critical systems. The rest of the squad were engadged in a blaster battle with the supers and Zeshaun joined in, but not TK who was lying on the floor injured.

"You okay?" asked Lucky who was clearing the last super.

"I will be" replyed TK in agony.

"Thats the spirit!" said Lucky pulling TK to his feet "Now lets move and lose the stalking droids.

So the team moved through another door into another room.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

MEDIC

TRP/PVT TK_421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light....
Paladin Squad:
http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited February 22, 2009 3:47:18 PM)]
[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited February 22, 2009 3:56:06 PM)]
Njall
ComNet Initiate

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  159
Total Posts:  481
February 22, 2009 4:11:48 PM    View the profile of Njall 
The squad moved into the next room, looking around cautiously and jumping at every sound.  Njall spied a computer terminal built into the wall and ran over to it.  It seemed to already be booted up and was displaying a map of the building. 

“Guys, look at this.” Njall softly called out

Quickly, the squad was able to see a direct route to the control center of the building, where the controls for the droids would be held and hopefully where the Hutt would be.  However, when Njall tried to get a closer view of the roué to the center, a window came up telling him that he needed a password to go any further into the documents that the computer held.

“Well, at least we know the approximate way to get to the center.” Zeshaun said, as the squad started to move out. 

“Wait” Lucky said, in a thoughtful tone of voice, “we may be doing right what they want us to do.  They will be expecting us to take the direct route, that probably why the computer was showing us that map.  If we go that way, we will likely run into many droid traps and get captured or killed.”

At this point Lucky pointed out a different route on the map. 

“If we go this way, we will still get to the building center.  It will only take a little bit longer but we won’t run into many droids, if any at all.”

“Good idea.” Alan said

Zippy got the medical bed that was carrying TK in tow and the squad was prepared to move out when a couple shadows draped themselves across the entrance of the room.  The squad slowly turned around to see a pair of gamorreans standing there.  They raised their vibroaxes and walked into the room.

“On the bright side, those Gamorreans aren’t stalking droids.” Njall commented

Lucky ordered the squad to get into a standard battle position, and for Zeshaun and Zippy to take the two staffs and get out there to see if hand-to-hand combat would work.  As the Gamorreans moved forward, Lucky realized that TK would have a perfect shot from his spot in the position.

“TK, fire now!” Lucky yelled into her comm.

No blaster bolt rang out and Lucky realized that TK wasn’t there.

“TK 421, why aren’t you at your post?” Lucky questioned

TK momentarily sat up on the med bed and waved.
Private Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Phoenix Company
Dragon Battalion
Osiris Regiment
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Njall/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE {RCRT}
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  459
February 22, 2009 4:40:07 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun and Zippy went forward to meet the gamorreans. why are we attacking gamorreans? Zeshaun thought. The vibro axe came crashing down and Zeshaun blocked it with his electro staff. He could see the electro staff bend from the force of the attack and for a moment he thought that the vibro axe would just go through it but it held long enough. Zeshaun's knees and elbows buckled from the blow, I can't block many more of those attacks Zeshaun started to swing the staff around, trying to catch the gamorrean off guard. He saw the rest of the squad standing helplessly, looking for someway to help out. If they shot right now they had a 50- 50 chance of hitting either Zeshaun or Zippy and Lucky didn't seem to like those odds.

"Take this you fat pig." Zeshaun made a few quick jabs at the gamorreans torso but it was able to block all his attacks.

"No, you take this." the gamorrean spoke.

The blunt side of the vibro axe smashed into the side of his hip, sending him through the air, crashing into a wall. shit that hurt Zeshaun took a painful gasp of air. He slowly stood himself up and started limping back toward the gamorrean when something crossed him mind. since when do gamorrean's talk?

"Guys these aren't just normal gamorreans, they have to be genetically modified somehow." Zeshaun said into the comm.

"What makes you say that?" Lucky asked.

"They speak basic."

"Oh." Lucky sounded shocked.

what kind of medical facility does this hutt run Zeshaun wondered as he took a defensive stance, his body probably couldn't take any more of those kinds of hits so he had to really watch and be careful. Zeshaun had grown up learning to fight hand to hand so he knew how to exploit weaknesses. Although Zeshaun wasn't as strong as the gamorrean he was at least ten times as agile. just gotta keep dodging. He dodged back and forth, forcing the gamorrean to turn constantly. Zeshaun quickly checked on Zippy, he wasn't sure if he had the same kind of training as he did. It seemed Zippy was doing alright. He turned back toward the gamorrean and ducked to dodge the axe.

"I think I'd rather have you guys shoot me then have this gamorrean pummel me to death." Zeshaun said into the comm.

"Roger that." Lucky said.

Blaster bolts suddenly started to fly by his head, Zeshaun watched the gamorrean to see where the bolts were coming from because his back was facing the squad. this is going to be tricky Zeshaun kept moving, but suddenly saw Zippy get smashed in the torso and sent flying back toward the squad.

"Zippy." Zeshaun cried out.

"Keep your attention on your enemy." the gamorrean grunted.

oh shit Zeshaun turned his head just in time to see the vibro axe swinging full power toward his stomach. Zeshaun quickly moved his staff in position to black the axe, luckily he was quick enough and the axe wasn't able to strike him but the brute force of the attack sent him flying through the air and he ended up sprawled on the ground. Zeshaun gasped for air, the wind had been knocked out of him and his arms and torso felt like it had been going through non stop weight training. His vision started to blur a bit and he wasn't able to get himself up. He could make out the huge bulk of the gamorrean making it's way over, and lifting the axe. I don't wanna die Zeshaun frantically searched for his blaster but couldn't find it.

The gamorrean suddenly let out a roar and turned toward the squad, it had dropped it's axe and was craddling it's hand. Alan had managed to shoot the gamorrean's hand before it was able to swing it's axe down onto Zeshaun. Zeshaun gave Alan a thumb's up from where he was sitting as the squad unloaded their built up anxiety in the form of bullets into the body of the gamorrean. Zeshaun searched for Zippy but his blurry eyesight could only make out the body of the other gamorrean. he better not be dead. Zeshaun thought.

Alan and Njall came rushing over to his side, and picked him up by his arms and carried him a safe distance away from the battle. He sat down and tried to ignore the pain. Njall whipped out some pills and drinks, picked one and handed it to Zeshaun. He took off his helmet and drank it and the pain seemed to go away a little, enough so that his vision was not blurry anymore and he could stand on his own.

"Thanks, what was that?" Zeshaun said searching for a label on the drink.

"Some kind of pain killer, I think." Njall said shrugging.

Zeshuan gave Njall a scrutinzing look. "you gave me a drink when you don't know what it did?"

"It worked right?" Njall said chuckling.

Zeshaun put his helmet back on and located his rifle. He started to walk back toward Zippy and the other gamorrean but Alan stopped him.

"We got this, don't strain yourself right now, we can't have you dieing on us."

Zeshaun nodded and sat back down. We all better get some kind of medal for suriving all this, Zeshaun thought as he tipped his head back against the wall.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1346
February 22, 2009 7:24:49 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan glanced around the squad and thought to himself that this was one of the toughest missions the Paladins had faced.  He couldn’t remember the last time when so many troopers were lying injured or the last time a Paladin had been taken off the battlefield and treated by medics.  I wonder how Kaka is doing thought Alan.

“Let’s rest up for a bit” called out Lucky.

Alan could sense the squad’s tensions ease as they relaxed, trying to recoup their strength and energy.  Alan holstered his blaster pistols and pondered on what other treats the Hutt had in store for them.  He knew that Hutt’s traded with various nefarious individuals but he wondered just how many trades this Hutt had done to acquire himself with Gamorrean Guards, droids and Bothans.

“What’s on your mind?”

Alan, startled, glanced round and saw that Lucky had moved up beside him.  He felt his own tensions ease off when she was near him.  He gathered his thoughts before replying to her query.

“I have to wonder what other surprises are down here.  We are already looking battered and bruised and for what.  So the Hutt wants to take over a few companies” said Alan.

“It may only be a few companies now but you’ve seen what he has acquired so far.  How much longer before he acquires enough to take on us and win.  You know he has to be stopped and isn’t it better stopping him now than waiting until he has an even greater force” said Lucky.

In his heart he knew Lucky was right but he wished she wasn’t.  He wished that the squad could leave before anyone else got injured, or worse, a fatality.

“I know” replied Alan.

Lucky patted Alan on the shoulders and he felt better.  He watched as she moved through the squad, checking on everyone and finding out how each of them was coping both physically and mentally. 

It felt like the squad had stayed in that room for days when in reality in had not even been one hour but the squad felt reinvigorated.  They felt better, well rested and confident in their mission.

“Let’s move out” said Lucky.

Ordinarily Alan kept his blasters holstered to his side, ready for trouble.  This time they were already in his hands.  He didn’t know what they were going to face but he was going to make sure he was prepared to face anything.

Lucky nodded as Njall pressed the door release button.  The door slid open quickly and Alan exited the room, blasters raised.

“Clear” he called out.

The rest of the squad filed out of the room and Alan wondered what they would face next, he hoped it was something easier than what they had already faced but he didn’t hold out much hope for that.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet n00b

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  24
February 23, 2009 10:44:42 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
"How are you?" asked Alan

"Been better" Replyed TK, but with less tension though he still sounds like he is in agony.

"You'll be in action no nime" said Zeshaun

"Yeah lets just hope" replyed TK smiling

"We should move out with the others" said Alan

So the trio left the room into a narrow corridor with small rooms where what seemed to be where gamorians were resting

"Better not to wake 'em up" Said TK

"Why not?" Replyed Zippy holding his stomach

"Because you just got your ass kicked!" replyed TK laughing

"Cut the chatter" Lucky said over the comm

"Sorry lead" Said Zippy

"Halt!" commanded Lucky and the squad stopped, there was noices coming from the room ahead

"Any guesses?" Asked Lucky

But none of the squad heared because they were consentrating on the roars that was coming from ahead of them.

"Guys i'm picking up a very BIG life form on the other side of that door" Said the gunship pilot who was patrolling the parimiter in the gunship, waiting for a pickup or retreat at anytime.

"We might want to continue incase it may lead us to the hutt" Said Lucky

"Well good luck" replyed the pilot

So the squad moved over to the huge black blastdoor, next to it is a terminal with controls to the door listed on the screen.

"Hmm someone slice that door" Commanded Lucky

"Ill try" replyed Zeshaun

ten minutes later Zeshaun finally cracks the passcode

"Okay on your command Lucky" Said Zeshaun acting all high-class

"Ok open her up" replyed Lucky with tension in her voice

The blastdoors open slowly and inside is a dark room and the squad steps inside all but TK who is being pushed by Zippy. The roars continue.

"Switch to night vision troopers" Order Lucky

all the troopers were taught how to use these things all apart from one; TK.

"Err guys" said TK

"What is it?" Asked Lucky

"I kind of put it in thermal and there what looks to be a rancor on the other side of that door!" Said TK nervously

"Dam!" shouted Lucky "There is a door over there move to it men!" pointing at the door

So the squad proceed through the door out of harms way of the rancor.

"Thanks TK" Whispered Zippy exitedly

"Dam another door" Said Njall

"Theres a door terminal there" said TK

The squad move up to the terminal and a question appears
"To pass answer this historical question: Where did the Mandalorian Wars end?"

"Any history nerds here?" asked Njall trying to be sassy

"I learned about the Mandalorian Wars years ago but i have forgot where it ended" Alan said expertly

"Malachor V" Shouted TK

Lucky enters Malachor V into the terminal and the doors slide open

"Nice job kid" said Njall

"Thanks Sir!" replyed TK all full of him self

And the squad ventures in....
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

MEDIC

Paladin Squad:

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited February 23, 2009 10:46:43 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  461
February 23, 2009 11:20:49 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun's whole body was still very sore from the beating he had taken from the gamorrean but it was sore enough to keep him from running as far away as he could from the rancor. what kind of crazed building is this, and who in the right mind keeps a rancor in their basement. Zeshaun thought as he hurried into the hallway. The hall was brightly lighted with some windows along the walls looking into what seemed like detention cells.

"So not only is it a medical facility it's also a jail." Alan said in a sarcastic tone.

Zeshaun looked through each window, in each cell there were certain species, some of them very rare but they didn't seem to notice the squad walking through the hall, must be one way glass or something He studied each cell carefully trying to identify each species, as they walked along the hall Zeshaun came across a cell that had two trandoshans sitting inside, anger immediately washed over him. He went over to the door and started to attempt to unlock it.

"What are you doing?" Alan came over to stop him.

Zeshaun just pointed into the room, "oh." Alan put a hand on Zeshaun's shoulder.

Zeshaun couldn't open the lock and so he punched the door. Alan took him by the shoulders and led him back to the rest of the squad who had moved ahead down the hall. They got to the end of the hallway and a black door stood out from the white walls. Lucky slowly opened the door and they slipped into a room filled by the glow of computer screens. The room was lined with computer screens scrolling through tons of numbers and codes.

"What is this place?" TK_421 looked around the room in amazement.

Lucky just shook her head. "I don't know but let's just try to get to the main floor so we don't have to deal with these creepy places anymore."

They searched the room and surprisingly they found a turbolift. They all crammed inside of it and Lucky pushed the button for the main floor, they nervously waited as the lift rose up. Zeshaun was surprised at how long it took to get to the main floor, either we're really far down or this turbolift is really slow a bell rang and the doors opened. They entered a hallway mostly lit by the sunlight that came in through the windows on the walls. It seemed that no one was around.

The squad slowly walked down the hallway keeping their eyes and ears open. Lucky held out her hand and everyone stopped, they could hear the footsteps of a small group of people and their voices. They seemed to be talking about some kind of security breach and Zeshaun assumed they were guards that were patroling the halls.

Lucky motioned for them to go back the way they came and Zeshaun turned and then tripped on his own feet and fell to the ground. The noise from the impact between his armor and the floor broke the silence.

"Hey, what was that." Zeshaun heard the guards stop and come toward their position.

Zeshaun whipped out his machine pistol and just as one of the guards walked around the corner he placed 5 shots into the guards chest, sending him flying back into his own men. A hallway suddenly grew dark as metal shades covered up the windows and a red light started to flash all through out the hallways.

"sorry about that." Zeshaun said picking himself up.

The other two guards had recovered and were now wondering whether they should try to stop the group of armor clad soldiers or not. Alan made the decision easy for them by taking them both out with precise shots to the chests. The squad quickly ran the way that the guards had come from only to run into a new group of guards as they came out a room. The squad turned on their heels and went the other way. They waited around the corner for the guards to come chasing after them.

The group of 5 guards came rushing around the corner and ran right into the salvo of blaster fire the paladin's let off. 3 of them immediately fell to the ground while the other two ran back the way they came.

"What do we do now?" Njall asked.

"Well I guess they know we're here now, so maybe we should give them a little present." Lucky said.

She ran down the hallway looking for the fastest way to get to the main room, where hopefully the hutt would be. As they ran through the halls they could hear the footsteps of other guards running around, probably searching for them. Lucky turned a corner and stopped suddenly, Zeshaun nearly ran her over.

"Oh man." Zeshaun sucked in a deep breath.

standing in front of them was a squad of B2 super battle droids, Lucky and Zeshaun quickly ducked behind the corner as the droids opened fire on them. looks like they found us Zeshaun thought.

"Fire at will!" Lucky ordered.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1348
February 23, 2009 12:43:28 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Fire at will!” Lucky ordered.

Alan whirled round the corner and opened fire using both of his blaster pistols.  Several of the super battle droids came clattering to the ground.  However there was plenty more of them which soon opened fire on Alan.  Alan decided not to wait around and quickly ducked back into a covering position.

“Well this is fun” commented Njall as he fired off a few shots.

Alan wasn’t sure whether Njall was actually enjoying the battle or whether he was just being sarcastic.  Alan let loose another volley of shots.  He was happy to see the droids crashing down but wondered just how many of these droids there were as there always seemed to be a large supply of them despite the success the squad was having.

“Fire in the hole” called out Zeshaun.

Alan glanced round and watched as Zeshaun lobbed a few grenades into the ranks of the droids.  That should take care of a lot of them thought Alan as he hit the deck.  Several explosions went off and Alan could hear parts of metal being flung around the room.  His eyes opened wide when he saw several droids being thrown forward by the explosion and landing right in front of the squad.

“You have got to be kidding me” said TK.

“Zeshaun!” roared Alan.

“Sorry” called out Zeshaun.

The squad hit the deck as the droids opened fire on them.  Without the aid of cover they were going to be an easy target for the droids.  I don’t like this one little bit thought Alan.

The droids fired repeatedly into the ranks of the squad and everyone scrambled, ducking and avoiding the blaster fire.  Trying to find some cover so they could return fire.

“Take them out before they take us out!” shouted Lucky over the com.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  462
February 23, 2009 5:10:51 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun ran back and forth, dodging bolts and looking for cover for the second time that day. The hallway was empty aside from the windows which were now covered and locked, i don't think we could have been attacked in a more inconveniant place. Zeshaun thought, rolling out of the way of more blaster fire. This particular hallway happened to be a connecting hallway between the sleeping quarters for the guards and the where they stored the droids, and it didn't have any rooms in it. Zeshaun watched one of the droids fall to the ground in a heap, it seemed someone was able to get a good shot off.

Zeshaun rolled and immediately brought his rifle up and fired off a quick burst of shots, his shots crippled one of the droids but it was still standing and it's blasters were still operating. well that sucked Zeshaun thought as he ducked to keep his head from being blown off. Zeshaun dove and ended up  next to Alan.

"what do we do Alan?" Zeshaun asked. "no one can get in a good shot."

Alan shrugged. "We could try fighting them hand to hand." he suggested.

Zeshaun gave him a shocked look from under his helmet, it was suicide to go running up against the droids when they had clear shots at them. Nonetheless Alan quickly sprang up and charged at the droids, Zeshaun sprang up in suprise and chased after Alan. As the droid brought up it's blaster to shoot Zeshaun he dropped and did a sweeping kick knocking the legs out from under the droid. Zeshaun pulled out his machine pistol and fired a couple of shots into the face of the droid. well done Zeshaun patted himself on the back but his excitement was short lived, the other droids now turned on him and he was an easy target only a few feet away from their blasters. Zeshaun turned and ran, scorch marks marked the spot where he had been sitting not a few seconds before.

Luckily this distraction gave the rest of the squad a moment to regroup and return fire at the droids, now that both sides were exchanging fire the droids became more cautious in their approach. Now that the fight was fair, the well trained stormtroopers were no match for the programming that the droids had embedded into their systems. In a few minutes 6 heaps of metal lay in the hallway.

Alan motioned up toward a speaker and a red light in the wall. "We should do something about those."

Lucky nodded. "I think we should look for a way to get those alarms off before we do anything else."

The squad nodded and followed Lucky down the hall where they had first encountered the droids. The claxon alarm had been going for so long that it didn't bother Zeshaun anymore and it was more o a bkacground noise than the annoying high pitch screech that it was designed to be.

"In here." Lucky motioned toward a door that had an open pad lock on it.

She slowly opened the door and slipped in, the rest of the squad followed her in. Inside the room was a cabinet covering the whole wall. A terminal sat on a desk, the screen still lit. The squad croweded around the screen as Lucky typed in a few commands and the lights and sounds outside died.

"Well that's nice and quiet now." Njall said letting out a sigh.

He leaned back on the cabinet and one portion swung inwards causing Njall to fall backwards and hit the floor hard. He rubbed his head and looked into the black space that now replaced that portion of the cabinet.

"Looks like I found something." Njall said picking himself up.

The squad stared into the black hole, and slowly stepped through almost afraid to see what the hutt had up his sleeves.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1349
February 23, 2009 6:31:26 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad entered the dark hole.  It was dark, very dark.  The light just seemed to be sucked out of the place.  Alan immediately turned on his night vision and was happy to be able to see again, although he much preferred seeing without using night vision.

“Everyone switch to night vision” said Lucky.

Alan was certain that most of the squad had already done that but with the likes of TK just joining the squad it was good to put that out there.

“Um, how do you do that again?” asked TK.

Alan could hear Zeshaun let out a sigh which made Alan smile under his helmet.  He was about to assist TK when he spotted Zippy moving to TK’s side and assisting him.

Njall muttered under his breath “newbie”.

“Oh, that’s it, thanks” said TK.

Alan was glad that TK had finally got his night vision sorted and now the squad could press on and find out what exactly was down here.  It must be important for it to have a secret entrance thought Alan.

“So what do you think is down here?” asked TK as the squad moved onwards.

“Beats me kid” replied Alan, “but I’m eager to find out”.

“Knowing our luck it will be guarded by some hideous monster” chuckled Zeshaun.

The squad stopped suddenly in their tracks as a deep guttural sound reverberated around the walls.  It was hard to know what direction the sound had come from or even what could possibly be making such a noise.

“Um, what was that?” asked TK nervously.

Lucky spun on her heels and strode back to Alan and asked “what did Zeshaun say?”

“Oh, he said this place was probably guarded by some hideous monster” replied Alan.

“Hey, I was joking” added Zeshaun, “it’s probably nothing, could be the wind”.

The sound reverberated around the walls again.  This time louder and seemingly closer, although from which direction it was hard to tell.

“That doesn’t sound like the wind” commented Njall.

“Zeshaun” muttered Alan and Lucky in unison.

“I’m sorry” replied Zeshaun.

The noise was heard again, closer still.  The squad huddled around in a circular formation.  Eyes peeled and blasters ready, searching for the source of the noise.

“There” called out TK.

Alan spun round to see what TK had spotted.  He sucked in a big gulp of air and whispered to himself “oh my god”.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  463
February 23, 2009 8:11:04 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun nearly dropped his rifle as he craned his neck to see the enormous reptiles head, although he immediately regretted doing so. Seeing the large mouth full of sharp teeth made Zeshaun want to puke. He reacquired his grip on his rifle and swallowed nervously, he looked around  waiting for someone to give orders. It seemed both Lucky and Alan were frozen in shock and terror just like everyone else in the squad. Luckily the dragon seemed to be chained to the far wall and the only thing to fear was the mighty roar that the dragon emitted. This is starting to become ridiculous Zeshaun started to step back slowly, and ran into Alan,

"where do you think you're going..." Alan asked, as assertively as he could under the terrifying gaze of the dragon.

"what is that thing." Zeshaun stammered.

"I believe that it is a krayt dragon, a native to tatooine and if I remember correctly, it rivals the rancor is sheer force and ferocity." Alan said glaring up at the monster.

Zeshaun could see the dragon's spiked tail swaying back and forth behind it's large scaled body. there's no way we can kill this thing. Zeshaun thought. The squad rallied around Lucky,

"What are we gonna do?" TK_421 was very jittery, he could hardly keep still.

"everyone calm down," Lucky said, taking a deep breath. "It has chains holding it back right now so we should be safe as long as we stay out of it's reach."

A loud snapping sound and the sound of metal scrapping against metal was accompanied by the deafening roar of the krayt dragon.

"well it seems that the only things holding the dragon back are now gone." Alan said timidly.

The squad stood stared, Zeshaun's mouth hung open as he watched the dragon take a few experimental steps. Once it had established that it was free from it's confines it searched the room for it's first target, probably in a long time.

"I think it sees us." Zippy whispered.

Both Alan and Lucky motioned for him to be quiet. Then without warning the dragon swung it's tail around at a lightening fast speed, luckily everyone's instincts were good enough to duck quickly enough to dodge the tail, all except TK_421, Alan had to do a sweeping kick so that he fell fast enough to not be mauled by the two large scythe like attachments at the end of it's tail.

"everyone scramble!!" Lucky yelled.

The squad jumped up on their feet and ran to all corners of the room, now that Zeshaun had a chance to take in the surroundings he realized that the room was shaped like a cave and all the walls were replicas of a natural cave. how far does this hutt's tail extend Zeshaun thought as he tucked himself in between two crevasses in the wall.

"Everyone still safe?" Lucky's voice came in over the comm.

"We're all safe for now." Zeshaun said, assuming everyone was safe. "But some light would be nice."

The only light in the whole room was coming from behind the karyt dragon and the mass of the dragon itself was blocking most of the light. Their nigh-vision worked fine but it was very hard to fire a rifle while using night-vision since the flash from firing the gun would nearly blind you. The squad stayed hidden while the dragon started to unleash some of it's pent up furry on what seemed to be an extremely strong wall from the looks of it. what is that wall made of to be able to withstand an attack like that Zeshaun thought staring at the creature.

"anyone got a plan?" Zeshaun asked, "new guy? you got anymore good ideas stuck up your ass."

"None." TK_421 said nervously.

"anyone else." Zeshaun asked hopefully.

Zeshaun was disturbed by the lack of responses, normally someone had at least a sarcastic remark. This dragon is really going to take a toll on us Zeshaun thought taking a deep breath.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Kaka
ComNet n00b

Kaka

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  15
February 24, 2009 6:56:35 AM    View the profile of Kaka 
"anyone got a plan?" Zeshaun asked, "new guy? you got anymore good ideas stuck up your ass."

"None." TK_421 said nervously.

"anyone else." Zeshaun asked hopefully.

Zeshaun was disturbed by the lack of responses, normally someone had at least a sarcastic remark. This dragon is really going to take a toll on us Zeshaun thought taking a deep breath.

~~~

"Stand clear," A voice interfered with the comlink "Starting smoke run. Kaka is dropping with a supply crate over."

"Hey people, Kaka is back!" Kaka abseilied down from the LAAT with the supply crate hanging on another rope. "Madam, orders from HQ for your, lizard problem."

Inside the crate was a three thermal detonator launcher with VE stamps all over. A few rust spots were covering it.

Njall commented "Rusted weapons. What are we? Disposals?"

Zeshaun's anger was rising, first two new guys who did not know what they were doing, second, rusted weapons?

"Alright team, we gotta use what we have," Lucky rallied the squad "Alan, Zeshaun and Zippy, take up anti armour positions. The rest, eliminate that lizard."

Alan was taking a good look at Kaka, who seemed energetic enough to fight again.

"What did they do to you?" said Alan who somehow seemed concerned over the matter

"They soaked me in bacta sir. It wasn't very serious." replied Kaka.

"I didn't ask how serious it was, now get back to firing" said Alan jokingly.

The smoke screen cleared. The dragon was no where to be found, "Madam, no visual signs of target... Again."

"Stay alert guys, we dont want it to do another surprise attack on us," Lucky again was on full alert "Do not advance squad, i repeat do not advance."

The replies came from the comlink instantly, as if the squad was some high speed computer.

Kaka counted the number of squadmates, somethings wrong... "Is there a new guy?"

TK replied "I ain't no new guy mister."
"Right," said Kaka as he anxiously waited for the Krayt dragon's return.

"Madam, i got a visual," the assisting Larty pilot commed "Prepare for a huge impact."

A huge shadow was moving on the ground, "Brace yourselves squad," Lucky took cover behind a huge rock. Suddenly, the ground shook. The Paladin squad knew, the time has come.

"Eliminate that target, fire at will," Lucky ordered fiercely over the com. "Do not let it fly, we need its head."

~~~

Alan, Zeshaun and Zippy were busy firing at the Krayt dragon, this prevented it from flying off. "Fire at its wings dammit!" There was a lot of static because of the continuous explosions.

"Kaka and TK, i need you to use your multi purpose ropes to hang that lizard down. The others will cover you, move as fast as you can. If hit, do not attempt to fight back. Repeat, do not attempt to fight back. Understood?" said Lucky who had no choice but to use the last resort.

"Affirmative."
"Roger that."

The two guys in black armour attached their rifles onto their backpacks and took out their multi purpose ropes. This ropes were speicially designed to withstand any terrain, but Lucky wasn't sure about using that on lizard skin. "Alright Kaka, you go first." TK was ready with the rope on his hand.

"Negative on that TK, i dont lead, i follow." said Kaka who was just about the finish his last loop on the rope. "Roger, lets go on 3. 3, 2... 1. LETS MOVE" TK shouted over the comlink.

They ran as fast as they could, as they ran. Kaka looked at his surroundings, there was a skylight. It was daytime again, Kaka let out a long sigh. Before the two new troopers knew it, they were already at the feet of the dragon. whurrp, the sound of the rope looped around the dragon. "Madam, if i recall, you did not tell us where to tie this to." A red coloured ball came in sight and hit the dragon's wing, however, it seemed like the dragon was indestructable.

"TK and Kaka, i hope your ropes are long enough to reach the chain loops." said Lucky who was starting to worry for the two new members. "Affirmative madam, chain loops are still intact on the wall. Looks like the lizard only broke the chain. Lets get em TK." said Kaka who was already running for the chain loop.

Suddenly, the squad's leader's voice came from the comlink. "Negative, negative, get out of there!" said Lucky, she noticed something. The dragon was about to take flight...

"Fierfek!" Kaka cursed as he felt a tug on the rope...
TRP/PVT Kaka/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE|
------------------------------------------------------------

Lame jokes are updated weekly!

Captain: Private, whats that sound?

Kaka: Nothing, just my datapad.

Captain: YOU BRING A DATAPAD INTO BATTLE?

Kaka: CMON, everyone is doing it, besides i have to go on a date soon, i should pity you since you dont have a girlfriend, in other words... SCREW YOU *Fires at captain*
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1354
February 24, 2009 7:35:39 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Negative, negative, get out of there!" said Lucky, she noticed something. The dragon was about to take flight.  Alan had spotted it as well and was thankful when he saw Kaka and TK drop the ropes and run before the dragon could take them with him.

"Open fire!" shouted Alan.

The squad let loose with a volley of blaster bolts.  The blaster fire seemed merely to irritate the creature rather than bring it back to the ground.

"Go for the wings" called out Lucky.

Alan wasn't sure whether or not the wings were less sturdy than the creature's body but he followed the order, hoping that it did bring the creature back to the ground.  Repeated blasts struck the creature and it screeched a horrible noise as the blasts struck its wings.

The creature swooped down low and landed on the ground, letting out several screeches.  Well I think we just made it mad thought Alan as the dragon swung its tail around, trying to swipe at someone.

"Since when did these things have wings anyway" said Zeshaun.

"Is this really the time for this" commented Njall as he rolled on the ground to evade the creature's tail.

"My guess is that the Hutt must have somehow modified it genetically, don't forget we did meet Gamorrean's that could talk basic" replied Alan, "but I suggest we take it out before we discuss this".

"Zippy, Zeshaun, Njall, get those launchers ready, the rest of you keep firing, I don't want it focusing on the launchers" ordered Lucky.

She heard a multitude of 'yes Ma'am' as she concentrated her fire on the beast as Zippy, Zeshaun and Njall set to work on the launchers.  Alan hoped that the launchers would be ready soon as the squad could not keep avoiding this thing's tail forever.

"I'm all set" called out Zippy.

"Show off" replied Zeshaun as he was still in the middle of setting his up.

"Well, fire already" called out Lucky.

"Yes Ma'am" replied Zippy as he targeted the dragon and opened fire.  He looked at the weapon in surprise as nothing happened.  Alan moved over to Zippy to give him some assistance but became aware of a humming noise.

"Zippy, get out of there, now!" shouted Alan.

Zippy didn't need to be told twice as he ran away from the launcher.  Mere seconds later and the weapon blew up.

"Great, damn things don't work" said Njall.

"Zeshaun, Njall, keep working, I'm counting on at least one of those things working" said Lucky.

"Yes Ma'am" replied Zeshaun and Njall.

Alan looked from the troopers and to the krayt dragon and thought to himself one of those had better work, otherwise we could end up not surviving this
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  467
February 24, 2009 1:48:11 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun quickened the pace as he tried to complete his launcher. He glanced up at the dragon once in a while to make sure that it was not making any threatening moves toward him. He glanced sideways to Njall and saw that he was working just as fast, if not faster, than he was. In a few heart pounding minutes Njall triumphantly stood with the launcher in his hands.

"I'm done!" he shouted.

Lucky just motioned for him to start shooting. Njall pointed his launcher at the dragon and fired a shot toward it's mouth. The dragon moved surprisingly fast, blocking the grenade with it's tail and letting it take the impact of the grenade. damn that things got good reflexes The explosion left parts of the tail scaleless but it was more or less in the same condition as it was before, angry and still alive. Zeshaun concentrated on his launcher, he wasn't a heavy weapons specialist but he felt like he knew enough. Zeshaun put in the last piece and beamed under his helmet. He brought it up and aimed toward the dragon, and pulled the trigger. He waited for the grenade to come shooting out but nothing happened. uh oh Zeshaun started to do a quick check of all the parts when he heard a quiet beeping sound.

"What's wrong?" Alan asked

"I think it's jammed or something..." Zeshaun said searching faster.

He looked down the barrel and sure enough he saw an active thermal detonator cooking inside the gun blocked by some kind of metal piece jutting out. that could be a problem the beeping got louder and faster and so could that Zeshaun abandoned trying to fix the gun and lobbed it in the dragon's general direction. It bounced off the krayt dragon's thick skin and skidded to a stop near it's legs. The dragon stepped on the gun, causing the grenade to explode under it's foot. The Krayt dragon let out a roar and took a few steps back, then scanned the room angrier than before.

"I think you pissed it off." Njall said.

Zeshaun just nodded, "What are you waiting for? Shoot your gun!"

Njall reloaded the grenade launcher and aimed carefully, he fired but just as it was about to hit the dragon's face, the tail came around and swatted it away again. well that's not working so good

"I think we need some kind of distraction." Njall said.

Zeshaun immediately started firing round after round from his rifle toward the dragon, the individual bolts didn't seem to be doing much damage but it got the dragon's attention. The squad joined in and the combined amount of bolts seemed to bother the krayt dragon enough to make it defend itself with it's tail. good, now Njall has a clear shot. Zeshaun waited to see the grenade flying through the air but it never came, he turned his head to find Njall.

Njall was saying something and pointing toward a door to the left of the dragon. Zeshaun folloed his finger and he saw a door open and a large group of armor clad, rifle carrying men came in through the door, searching the room for something.

"500 credits says they're looking for us." TK_421 said, laughing nervously.

Zeshaun kept firing at the dragon but kept his eyes on the new group of men, it seemed they were deciding which they should take out first, the now uncontrollable krayt dragon or the squad of stormtroopers. Let's hope they pick the dragon, I'd appreciate any help even if it's help that we're going to have to fight later Zeshaun thought. Unfortunately the group of men thought differently, they started aiming their rifles in the paladin's direction.

"Take cover!" Lucky shouted.

Everyone dove for cover as the bolts started flying through the dark cave. Zeshaun crawled up to Njall,

"How many detonators do we have left?" he asked.

Njall shrugged and pointed toward the box that the mostly defective weapons had come in, "however many are left in there."

Zeshaun turned his head to check on the group of what he assumed to be guards. They were wearing blue armor very much like their stormtrooper armor but it seemed they weren't exactly the same. They wore helmets that resembled the head of a mouse with the long nose/mouth area. They also seemed to carrying E-11 rifles, the standard stormtrooper issued versions.

"This hutt seriously has anything, any military could ask for." Zippy said through gritted teeth.

"Maybe we should just surrender and join him." Zeshaun said sarcastically.

"Now Zeshaun, don't be making any traitorous remarks, or else we'll have to shoot you." Lucky said in a mockingly sweet voice.

Zeshaun just grinned under his helmet and kept firing, alternating between the dragon and the group of soldiers. Njall was still sitting debating who he should fire at, he didn't want to waste many of the detonators on the soldiers since they didn't have a large supply but firing at the dragon would only make it angrier unless he got very lucky.

"Guys which one do I shoot?" Njall asked.

"We trust you, pick which ever one you think is more dangerous." Alan said.

Zeshaun waited on Njall's decision. I'll be grateful no matter what he picks to blow up Zeshaun thought.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1357
February 24, 2009 4:07:02 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Guys which one do I shoot?" Njall asked.

"We trust you.  Pick which ever one you think is more dangerous." Alan said.

The dragon let out a deafening roar and Alan started to question his comment to Njall.  Glancing up at the dragon Alan was certain that Njall would target it.  Surely this poses the greatest threat to us all thought Alan.

Alan’s eyes widened when he saw Njall turn the launcher round and point it at the oncoming troops.  What the hell is he doing thought Alan.  He was about to say something when the launcher fired and decimated the ranks of the troops.  Alan watched as bodies flew into the air and he knew they never stood a chance at the firepower of the launcher.

“Njall, what the hell, target the dragon, the dragon” called out Alan.

“But you said for me to target which one I thought was the most dangerous” replied Njall.

Alan cringed, remembering those words and wondering what had possessed him to say it.  He glanced over at where the troopers had been and saw that only a few were left alive.  He knew that the squad could deal with them easily.

“Forget what I said earlier, shoot the dragon” called out Alan.

“Roger that Sir” replied Njall.

Alan was certain he heard Njall muttering something about making up his mind but he was willing to let that slide as he still had some troops to deal with as well as staying clear from that damned dragon.

“Zeshaun, keep distracting that dragon, the rest of you target those soldiers and keep an eye out for the dragon’s tail” ordered Lucky.

Alan grabbed his blasters and opened fire sending the nearest soldier flying backwards, numerous sizzling holes evident in his armour.  The rest of the squad joined in the fight, Alan eyes always glancing back to the dragon to see where its swinging tail was going.

Once or twice the squad had to come crashing to the ground as the dragon’s tail swished over their heads.  Zeshaun carried on firing and Njall worked on the launcher once more.  Alan was starting to get impatient and wondered what was keeping so long as Lucky’s shot killed the last of the soldiers.

“Njall, fire at the dragon already!” shouted Alan.

“I’m working on it” replied Njall, “the thing seems to be jammed”.

“If we don’t kill this thing soon, we’re going to be in a lot of trouble” called out Alan.

The dragon hurled his tail towards Njall.  Njall’s quick reflexes saw his diving out of the way.  The launcher did not such reflexes and Alan watched as the weapon shattered into a thousand pieces.

“Does this mean we’re in trouble?” asked TK.

Alan glanced over at Zeshaun and they both said, in unison, “yeah TK, we’re in serious trouble”.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Njall
ComNet Initiate

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  166
Total Posts:  481
February 24, 2009 6:43:01 PM    View the profile of Njall 
“Does this mean we’re in trouble?” asked TK.

Alan glanced over at Zeshaun and they both said, in unison, “Yeah TK, we’re in serious trouble”.

Up until today, Njall hadn’t even known that there was such thing as a Krayt Dragon.  Now, he was in for a rude awakening.  The dragon had nearly crushed Njall already, and it looked nowhere close to being defeated.

“What are we supposed to do now?” Asked Njall, who quickly dived out of the way as the dragon made another pass.

“For once, I don’t know.”  Yelled Alan,

“There’s no way that we can kill it, at least with the weapons that we have.  Just keep firing, I’ll think of something eventually.  Good ideas usually come to me in battle.”

The squad ran around the area, firing rapidly at the dragon with no obvious effect.  At the rate that the fight was going, the squad would tire much sooner than the dragon.

“I’m exhausted!” Kaka yelled,

“At this rate, we’re going to need a miracle to help us, like when I fell from the sky with the launchers.”

“Wait a minute, I have an idea that might work.” Njall said

“Well let’s hear it, it’s better than dying in here!” Yelled Lucky

“We don’t have to kill it, only disable it for enough time to allow us to escape.  If we shoot it’s eyes, it will blind it and allow us to escape.”

“Well, let’s try it, before its too late.” Said Alan, “Everyone shoot the dragon’s eyes!”

The squad all aimed their blasters at the eyes of the dragon, firing rapidly.  The effect was much better than expected.  The dragon had temporarily lost sight but was still flying, so it flew right into the wall of the area.  The Krayt collapsed at the foot of the wall.

“Nice job Private!” Alan said,

“Let’s get out of here before anyone notices or the dragon wakes up.”

OOC:
Sorry that the post is a bit short, but this is all i could think of.
Private Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Phoenix Company
Dragon Battalion
Osiris Regiment
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Njall/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE {RCRT}
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  468
February 24, 2009 8:09:43 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun kept both his eyes on the wounded dragon as he tip toed over the scorched bodies of the soldiers clad in blue armor. Zeshaun slowly, unwillingly walked over to the dragon's body, mesmerized by the sheer size of the beast. He was surprised that the beast that they had been fighting for so long fell at the mercy of it's own claws. Zeshaun looked over the large head of the dragon, it's eyes were bleeding slightly. Alan's firm grasp brought Zeshaun back to reality and pulled him back away from the dragon.

"sorry." Zeshaun said softly.

Alan nodded and walked through the door into the hallway from where the soldiers had come from. The hallway looked the same as the ones that they had walked to get to the cave with the dragon. The red lights and alarms were still off, good, they didn't reactivate the alarms. Zeshaun thought as he looked left then right down the hallways. He could hear the click of military boots ringing throughout the halls but the sound bounced off the walls so much that he couldn't tell where the noise was coming from.

"Shouldn't we move." TK_421 whispered.

Lucky just waved him down. The whole squad was taking a breather from the encouner, it wasn't every day that you got to see a Krayt Dragon, much less fight one. Zeshaun took a seat and leaned back against the wall. this missions a little more interesting than I would have guessed. Zeshaun thought. Lucky got up from her spot and motioned for everyone else to do so as well, Zeshaun got p with a little help from Zippy and they circled around Lucky.

"Let's get this over with." Lucky said starting off down the hall.

Zeshaun swore he heard a large smash from the cave room but decided it was best to not turn and look. They marched down the hallway trying to keep quiet although the clicking of their boots blended in with the sound of the other boots. As they walked down a long straight hallway Lucky held up her hand and they all stopped, she ushered them back behind the previous corner. A squad of troopers wearing the same blue armor walked by the farther end of the hall.

"I recognize that armor!" TK_421 said eagerly "That's Ubese Raider armor, it's modified but it's definantly it."

Zeshaun squinted his eyes, then zoomed in through his visor on his helmet, sure enough it looked like the Ubese Raider armor's, I thought that race was nearly wiped out before I was born Zeshaun thought. As soon as the last man passed Lucky started down the hallway again, a little quicker than before. They got to the end of the hallway and were just in time to see the last blue body turn another corner. Lucky motioned for them to follow the armor clad soldiers.

"Maybe their going to the hutt, if their not well we'll just be in the same position we're in now." Lucky explained.

Zeshaun understood and charged on ahead and took a position next to Alan and Lucky at the front. as they turned the corner and nearly walked into the group of soldiers that were set up waiting for them.

"Turn back." Lucky spun on her heels and pushed both Zeshaun and Alan back behind the corner with her hands.

Zeshaun felt his back hit someone and then he tripped and fell backwards and landed on top of someone. He turned his body and saw that he had landed on top of Njall.

"Sorry." Zeshaun said.

He quickly jumped up from the ground and put his hand on his rifle, he expected the enemy soldiers to turn the corner at any moment. Zeshaun kept his gun pointed at the corner in front of him. Njall tapped him on the shoulder.

"Not now, we have enemies at twelve o'clock." Zeshaun said shrugging Njall's hand off his shoulder.

"Well we also have enemies at 6 o'clock too." Njall said nervously.

Zeshaun turned his head and sure enough a squad of normal guards were standing behind them,

the barrels of their rifles aimed at their heads. Zeshaun put his rifle down and raised his hands. He made eye contact with Alan and immediately knew Alan was forming a plan with Lucky. Let's hope they come up with one soon Zeshaun thought as he slowly stood now under the scrutiny of the rifles of the guards and the blue armored soldiers.

Zeshaun carefully watched the guards waiting for some kind of openings, they hadn't yet taken their weapons so they could still put up a fight. Zeshaun kept his other eye on Alan waiting for some kind of signal to attack.

"Now hand over your weapons." One of the guards ordered.

Obviously the Ubese Raiders, or the soldiers clad in Ubese Raider armor, were not in any position of power since they stood, purely to keep the paladin's from running away. Zeshaun was surprised to see that the first one to hand over his guns was Alan, he stretched his hand out and just as he was about to place the weapon in the guards hands, he brought it up and smashed the guards face with the butt of the blaster. now we're talking Zeshaun brought his rifle up and swung at the closest guard. since they have us sandwiched they better think twice before shooting at us
Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1358
February 25, 2009 7:20:19 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan held his hands up, both blasters in his hands.  You're not taking me without a fight thought Alan as he brought his blaster down hard on the guard's face.  Let's hope this thing still works thought Alan as he brought his weapons to bear on the guards and opened fire.

"Down!" shouted Lucky over the com.

Alan didn't know why but he knew better than to query orders.  He dropped to the ground instantly and couldn't believe his eyes as several Ubese Raiders flew backwards, struck by weapons fire from the guards.  How stupid are these guys pondered Alan as he whirled round and fired into the squad of guards, dropping two instantly.

Alan sensed a certain amount of confusion from the squad.  They were caught between two forces and some didn't know who to focus on.  Lucky must have sensed it also.

"Alan, take Zeshaun, Njall and Kaka and deal with the guards, I'll take TK and Zippy and deal with the raiders" called out Lucky.

Everyone nodded and moved to engage their designated targets.  The guards seemed to have been surprised by their assault causing more damage to the raiders than to the squad of Imperials and looked in a state of disarray.

Alan fired into the throng, joined by the rest of his group.  He suddenly noticed from the corner of his eye one of the guards that seemed to have left the fighting.  He had thought that the guard was being smart and not wanting to be killed but now he realised that the guard was on the com.  Alan cursed silently, realising that he was calling for reinforcements.

Zeshaun was closer to the guard and Alan waved Zeshaun to the direction of the guard.  Zeshaun nodded and soon had his rifle in his hand.  The guard never stood a chance and crumpled to the floor from several well placed shots.

"Lucky, we may be having some company soon" said Alan through the com.

"I think we may be too late to say may be" stated TK.

Alan looked up and spotted a large contingent of guards approaching their way quickly.

"This looks like fun" said Zeshaun.

"Did they send every soldier they have after us?" queried Njall sarcastically.

"Lucky, forget my last message, we have company, lots of company" said Alan as he looked at the contingent of guards and readied himself for the battle.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  469
February 25, 2009 10:01:11 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun felt a smile creep onto his face as he saw a large group of guards clogging the hallway, advancing on them. Zeshaun put down his rifle and grabbed his blasters from his sides, he fired randomly down the hall and was happy to see at least 3 men go down after his first volley. He holstered his blasters and grabbed his rifle again, this time he aimed for individual people. Before he could get off a shot the guards started to retaliate. Zeshaun dove out of the way of a large concentration of bolts coming in his direction. He dodged them and luckily they didn't hit any of the paladin's who were dealing with the raiders. those raiders are a lot smarter than the guards, why aren't they put in charge? Zeshaun questioned the hutt's logic but decided it was something he could think about later.

Although Alan, Zeshaun, Njall and Kaka were doing a good job of taking down the advancing guards, there were to many of them to be able to take them all out before they overwhelmed the squad.

"Lucky you almost finished with those raiders?" Zeshaun asked through the comm.

"If you can kill them, be my guest." Lucky said.

Zeshaun turned his attention back to the guards and started firing as fast as he could. "Alan, it looks like Lucky's gonna be tied up for a bit longer, think we can take these guys."

"What do you think?" Alan asked, Zeshaun could picture the evil grin on Alan's face.

Zeshaun just smiled and kept unloading his clips of ammo into the oncoming group of guards. Soon they were so close that their shots were getting very hard to dodge, suddenly, a two grenades rolled down the hall toward the guards, Zeshaun whipped around to see Njall withdrawing his hand from the throwing position.

"why didn't you throw those earlier." Zeshaun asked.

Njall shrugged, he turned back toward the guards in time to see the first grenade explode, sending bodies flying, then the second one exploded and started spraying up smoke through the hallway.

"good thinking." Alan said. "Let's bring the fight to them."

Alan used the cover of the smoke screen to advance on the the guards who were frantically staggering around in disarray. Zeshaun put his thermal vision on and could clearly see each individual guard through the smoke. He saw Alan sneak up on one of the guards and bring the butt of his gun down on the top of the guards head, dropping him instantly blood oozing from a crack in his head. Zeshaun started doing the same, he used the end of his rifle and started beating on the confused guards. The guards stumbled around the hall and Zeshaun was about to bring his rifle down on another guard when he saw another group of soldiers standing behind the stumbling guards. what the hell

"Down!" Zeshaun yelled.

A volley of blaster fire flew over their heads. It seemed that the group of guards had come accompanied with guards dressed in modified stormtrooper armor. where the hell did they get their hands on those? Zeshaun wondered as he started to fire toward the attackers from the ground, slowly scooting backwards to put some distance between himself and the new soldiers. Zeshaun bumped into someone and turned around quickly thinking more soldiers had come from behind them, luckily it was only Lucky.

She helped him up and he saw everyone else had made it away safely, but the the soldiers clad in stormtrooper armor were still shooting at them through the smoke.

"About time." Zeshaun said.

"Your lucky we even came to save your butts." Lucky said sarcastically.

Zeshaun was relieved to see the rest of the paladin's coming to their aid, when he saw the stormtrooper armor he thought for sure that they wouldn't survive. Now with the whole squad fighting together they were nearly evenly matched. The smoke was clearing from the halls and both squads of stormtroopers stood facing each other in a standstill waiting for the other group to fire first, at that range, any shot they took had a good chance of hitting someone on the other side.

"Surrender your weapons, and come with us" the trooper ordered.

Zeshaun rolled his eyes. they think we're just gonna give up after all that Zeshaun nervously fingered the trigger on his rifle and was about to fire when he saw another group of guards coming to back up the squad that was standing in front of them. you gotta be kidding me? more guards, to they have some kind of factory just producing guards or something It seemed everyone else had noticed as well and Zeshaun looked toward Alan and Lucky to see what they would do.

"Let's pull back and regroup we'll fight them on our own terms." Lucky said.

They quickly spun and ran around the corner, stepping over the bodies of the Ubese raiders. we better find some cover somewhere, we're not gonna survive many more fights in these bare hallways.
Army of the Vast Empire
TK_421
ComNet Novice

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  26
February 25, 2009 11:01:54 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
The squad ran down the hallways and keeping their eyes out for more of the guards, and within 3 minutes of running the corriders they find a V shapped area with a turbo lift in the middle.

"Any ideas" Asked Lucky

"We should spilit up" replyed Alan who was studying his surroundings.

"Okay, Kaka and TK_421 will take the turbo lift and give some time to bond and get over there past injuries, Zeshaun, Njall and Zippy will take  the left corrider, me and Alan will take the right corridor" Whispered Lucky as she spotted several bodys running down the corridor.

The squad never hesitated on their orders, apart from Zippy who wanted to take the lift with the 'Newbies'

"Ehm Lucky can i take the lift? even the corridor numbers" Asked Zippy

"Sure go on then" replyed Lucky

So TK, Zippy and Kaka stepped on to the lift and the squad waited for the doors to close before taking their assigned corridor.

"When did you join Paladin?" asked Kaka

"Not long ago, i was your replacement" replyed TK

"He ain't a half bad trooper for someone who hasnt had much training" said Zippy

"Hey! i was rushed in here to replace Kaka" replyed TK ferociously

Zippy and Kaka laugh at this but stoped as the lift made a deafening noice as it came to a halt. Back down in the corridors Alan and Lucky came across a flight of stairs with a sign above it, however the sign was in huteese but the pressed on and went up to find out what lurks up stairs. On the other side Njall and Zeshaun are in a corridor with Gamorian chambers but they were empty, they turn a corner only to find a door at the end of the hall, the crept cautiosly with weapons raised and peered inside, to find Gamorians gearing up for battle. The two men turned on their heels and ran down the hall.

"It looks like the Gamorians are gearing for war" Whispered Njall through the comm.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

MEDIC

Paladin Squad:

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited February 25, 2009 11:03:21 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1359
February 25, 2009 1:04:13 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky and Alan had chosen to take the right corridor.  They moved slowly down it, unsure as to what they were going to find.  The corridor was poorly lit and some of the lights flickered off and on making it look eerie.

“I hope we find this Hutt soon and put and end to all this madness” said Alan.

“I hear you” replied Lucky, “I’ve had way too much surprises on this mission already”.

They both stopped talking as up ahead they could hear a grunting noise accompanied with a thudding noise.  Alan’s blasters were in his hands in a second and they advanced slowly, weapons raised.

With the poor lighting they were able to keep to the shadows.  Up ahead they came across two Gamorrean Guards walking down the corridor, almost as if they were on patrol or on guard duty.

"It looks like the Gamorreans are gearing for war" whispered Njall through the comm.

The Gamorreans stopped in their tracks and whirled round to face Lucky and Alan.  How the hell did they know we were here thought Alan as he didn’t like the sound of Gamorreans gearing for war.

The Gamorreans grunted loudly and charged towards Lucky and Alan.  They both opened fire on them.  The blaster bolts flew towards the Gamorreans, the bolts striking their large cumbersome bodies.

Instead of the Gamorreans dropping from the repeated blaster fire, they carried on with the charge.  Alan’s eyes opened wide as he realised they must be wearing some form of armour.  He pushed Lucky to one side as the Gamorreans missed them and charged past.

“Thanks” said Lucky.

“Don’t thank me just yet” replied Alan as he turned round and watched as the Gamorreans stopped in their tracks, whirled round and prepared to charge again, this time with their axes drawn.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet Novice

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  28
February 25, 2009 1:47:10 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
Alan looks at his belt and says "What if i connect this to the wall and roll out the way so it trips them over and we can win this battle?" nodding at his belt where the rope is held.

"Worth a try" Agrees Lucky

So Alan pulls out his rope and throws it at the wall and it connects, Alan then stands next to it, meanwhile the Gamorreans still charging. 20 seconds later one gamorrean was in strike range, so Alan rolled to one side tripping both pigs up.

"Works nice" Said Alan grinning and cutting his rope off at the same time

Lucky kicks one gamorrean in the head and then striking it in the back with its own axe, Alan pulled used his blaster to hit the Gamorrean in the head and then shooting it.

"Njall, Zeshaun any luck over there?" Asked Lucky over the comm

===================The Left Corridor================

Njall and Zeshaun hid behind a damp wall in a dim corridor before gaining the courage to peek around the corner, when they did they seen 5 Gamorreans creep along the corridor searching for their enemy or maybe even their prey.

"Jump in there" Whispered Njall pointing at one of the rooms.

Njall and Zeshaun ran into the confined space and waited for the Gamorreans to pass, which they did without checking the room, they heared the door into the corridor open and then silence fell over them.

"Guys you may have company" Said Zeshaun over the comm.

"Roger that" Replyed Lucky over the comm
"Alan lets go" pointing at the stairs

Alan and Lucky sprinted to the stairs and peeped up and it was clear.

"This hutt is a pain in the ass" Said Lucky insainly "I wonder how the new kids are doing up stairs"

=====================In The Big Bedroom============

Kaka, TK_421 and Zippy hopped off the lift with there weapons seathed - maybe there biggest mistake of the mission. The trio looked around the room but found noone only expensive items.

"I wager this is someone important's room" Said Zippy

Kaka laughed "The beds too small dumbass" pointing at the red bed sat in the corner

"Its a nice view of the city though" Said TK peering out of the window into the brightly lit city below "The mission is starting to get good"

"Oh my......" Said Zippy gawping at a krayt head "Kill one and keep one down stairs why don't you!"

"Maybe this one didn't have wings" TK said jokingly

Kaka Laughed at this comment but heared the door open and reacted by pulling out his e-11 and taking aim

"Company" Said Kaka and the squad took cover with there blasters out,
TK popped out with his blaster only to see a young Twi'lek female

"I am only an entertainer for the exalted hutt" Said the Twi'let who has backed up against the wall with her hands up

"Oh sorry" Said TK blushing "where is your master?"

"I will not tell you anything" Said the Twi'lek who found a blaster on the wall and shot at the trio, but it didnt last long the moment she went near it Zippy shot her in the neck

"SHOT!" Shouted TK

"Shh" Said Zippy and Kaka in unison

"We had contact with an entertainer of our target, but she refused to tell us anything" TK said over the comm

"Ok proceed on" Said Lucky over the comm

But before the trio could move a muscle they heared a loud bang come from the next room but they move on.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

MEDIC

Paladin Squad:

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  472
February 25, 2009 2:36:13 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun opened the door a crack and slowly crept out trying to make as little noise as possible, but with Zeshaun that nearly impossible. As soon as both Njall and himself were out of the room he walked into a stack of boxes and tools sending them clattering across the floor the sound echoing off the walls. oops Zeshaun quickly stepped back into the room to make sure that anyone coming to check out the ruckus wouldn't be able to see them.

"Nice going." Njall whispered.

"Sorry."

A sudden static crackle made Zeshaun jump up from his position and knock into another pile of boxes that was in the room. damn Zeshaun looked around to see what had made the noise. It seemed someone had left their helmet laying around and the static had come from the communications system embedded into the helmet.

"...a disturbance has been reported in sector's A-639, A-097, and C-333, dispatch all squads G-M to respective location." A mechanical voice could be heard from the speakers.

Zeshaun and Njall gave each other a worried look. It seemed they had all been noticed.they're sending 5 squads to come after us? Zeshaun shuddered at the thought of having to take out a whole squad of guards by themselves. Njall opened the door a bit and looked down the hall, it seemed no one was coming at the moment. They quickly ran down the hall where the gamorreans had come from.

The halls were all clear, and eerily quiet. you'd think you could hear a squad of guards walking around these halls Zeshaun thought the silence making him hold onto his rifle tighter. Njall suddenly stopped right in front of Zeshaun and he nearly knocked him over.

"Wha-." Njall cut him off.

Njall pointed through the window that he was standing next to and Zeshaun peeked into the room. At least 2 squads of very well built men were gearing up in an assortment of modified stormtrooper armor. holy shit Zeshaun turned back toward Njall both of them waited for the other to come up with a plan. Before he thought up of a plan he quickly warned the rest of the squad that up to 5 squads of guards or soldiers were on the look out for them through out the building.

"I think we could take them, we just need some kind of distraction." Njall said.

"Yeah and a butt load of luck." Zeshaun said rolling his eyes.

As they had their conversation through their commlinks in their helmets they didn't see a group of Ubese Raiders sneaking up behind them. By the time Zeshaun heard the click of boots over their conversation it was too late to react. Zeshaun caught sight of the blue armor just as the butt of a rifle came down on his head. The world went dark.

When he woke up he found himself with his hands tied behind his back, sitting on the floor of a dimly lit room. His head was ringing and every small sound was like  grenade exploding in his ear. The room smelled of mold and dirt and he could feel a slight breeze coming from somewhere in the room. wait I can feel a breeze Zeshaun looked into a window on the wall and saw that he was not wearing his helmet. He quickly located Njall and saw that he too had been stripped of his helmet.

The door at the far end of the room swung open and two Ubese raiders walked into the room followed by a tall, muscular twi'lek wearing a combination of parts from different sets of stormtrooper armor. The twi'lek carried a large blaster at his hip and had a rifle strapped to his back. Zeshaun got Njall's attention and they both stared at the twi'lek.

The twi'lek whispered something to the two Ubese raiders and they walked over to both Zeshaun and Njall and stood them up and led them out of the room. where are they taking us Zeshaun cringed at the bright light that hit his eyes as he stepped out of the room. It seemed that they had been brought to a portion of the facility where the lockdown was no longer in effect and the bright sun was beaming in through the windows.

Zeshaun took in his surroundings hoping to memorize the way they came so that he could return. The twi'lek stopped in front of a barred door, typed in a code and stepped aside. The Ubese raiders pushed them inside and the door slid shut. A hatch above them then opened and surprisingly all their weapons dropped into the dimly lit room. They both scurried over to the pile and holstered all their guns, a familiar roar was suddenly emitted from a corner of the room. was that a wookie? Zeshaun thought he was going crazy, but he would never mistake the sound of a wookie.

"Oh my god." Njall said gasping.

5 tall, mean looking wookies came out of the shadows, holding axes and swords, clad in some form of armor covering most of their torso and some of their legs. They looked very angry and Zeshaun could make out a few fresh scars on the faces of a few of the wookies. we're in trouble Zeshaun thought as he slowly backed up away from the wookies trying to keep as much distance as he could between them
Army of the Vast Empire
TK_421
ComNet Novice

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  29
February 25, 2009 3:25:08 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK, Zippy and Kaka approched where the noice came from several minuetes ago and found nothing. But then they notice a shiny bit of metal that suddenly turned blood red followed by a voice "B-3 beta online" and an explosion between the boxes forced the troopers back a couple of feet, and out came an ultra battle droid standing 5 metres tall and as scary as the mission it self

"Ultra battle droid" Said Kaka

"how do you know that" Replyed TK

"I read about them when i was injured" said Kaka as if he was a school teacher

"Surrender your weapons immedently" said the hollow voice that was the droid's

"Ultra battle droid!" TK shouted over the comm

TK tried to turn to the exit but 2 men in blue ubese armor stood there with weapons pointed at them and before anyone could do anything they were attacked.

========20 minuetes later==========================

TK woke up dizzy and surrounded by several men in a bleak room he could recognise - the rancor's pit! we're screwed thought TK as he looked round as the men leave to look for his comrades, he spots two black figures near a door tied in irons

"Guys?" shouts TK

"TK" reply to two voices in unison

After 5 minuetes the irons came of followed by a rusty creak in the giant iron door ahead of TK

"We die in honor for the empire" shouts Kaka

Before anyone could reply a voice came into the room "Ah you are combatants and food to my masters rancor" said the voice

"TK, Zippy Kaka" Said a famillier voice over the comm "where are you we have lost contact with you for half an hour what is wrong" but there was no need to reply Lucky heared the roar on the comm

"Fuck! there the rancor's bait" said Lucky to Alan

"They will be fine" said Alan reasurringly

Back at the pit the voice was heared again "good luck with this!"
Then before anyone could move the rancor was out looking for its first prey

"Lets get out by the door" Shouted Kaka
so the trio moved towards the door but it was magneticly sealed.

"Dam" The trio said in unison

Then suddenly  they were forced to the floor and they noticed the rancor destroyed the door trying to strike

"Get out!" Shouted Zippy and the trio did but a guard was gawping at the damage was thrown in my TK and all they could hear after was a sickening crunch and screams.

The trio followed some paths untill they came across some stairs they followed them up untill they reached the top floor

"We must be on the same floor as before" said TK

but before anyone could speak a voice the same of Alan's shouted from behind the wall

"who is there?"

the trio moved in to see Lucky and Alan sat on a corner of a wall

"we thought you were dead" Said Lucky

"Your not the only one" said Zippy

"We lost contact with the others around the same time" Said Alan "Were they with you?

The exchange of looks told Alan NO

"It's okay just sit and get your enegy back" Said lucky trying to be comforting "We may get back in contact with them soon"

So they sat down and all they could do is wait.....
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

MEDIC

Paladin Squad:

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  473
February 25, 2009 5:17:47 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun shuddered as the wookies let out another roar of anger. Luckily their armor was black so they blended in quite nicely with the dimly lit room. Unfortunately they didn't have their helmets so they they didn't have the luxuries of thermal vision or night vision to help them out. Zeshaun felt naked and blind without his helmet on but wookie hunting was his specialty so he wasn't too nervous. Njall on the other hand was falling apart. It was probably the first time he had come across 5 angry wookies, all looking to tear his limbs off.

"Calm down, wookies are my specialty." Zeshaun said reassuringly.

"Have you ever killed 5 angry wookies before?" Njall asked.

"Not exactly, but I think I can manage."

Njall just nodded, and turned back toward the wookies, never letting them leave his sight. Zeshaun held his rifle tightly against his body, ready to bring it up when he had too. Another sudden roar erupted from where Zeshaun assumed the wookies were waiting and one of the wookies charged toward Zeshaun passing through the small beam of light which was the only source of illumination for the room. It had it's axe raised in an attacking stance and was charging fool speed at Zeshaun. I guess they hate me just as much as I hate them. Zeshaun thought as he dove out of the way. He had narrowly missed getting split in two by the axe but now the wookies was standing right over him, raising it's axe again to bring it down on Zeshaun. He fumbled for his rifle and when he couldn't find it he brought his hand down to his blaster pistols. He quickly brought it up and shot a few times towards the wookies arms. The wookie cried out in pain and staggered backwards holding it's arm. Zeshaun used the time to get to his feet, locate his rifle and stand defensively in front of the wookie.

"Zeshaun, Watch out!" Njall yelled.

getting caught up in the moment he had forgotten about the other 4 wookies, the wookies seeing that their comrade was injured all charged toward Zeshaun. Zeshaun's jaw dropped, there was no way he could stop all of them at once. Zeshaun raised his rifle and started firing but surprisingly their armor held pretty well against his shots, and just as he thought he was a dead trandoshan, a spray of bullets forced the wookies to change their path and avoid Zeshaun. Njall sat with his rifle in hand.

"Thanks, I owe you one." Zeshaun said, helping Njall to his feet.

"Just buy me some drinks if we get out of here." Njall said.

"when we get out of here." Zeshaun corrected him.

Njall gave him a pessimistic look, Zeshaun shrugged and then turned his attention back to the wookies. The 5 were now more reluctant to attack the since they were able to fend off their first attack but they were now even angrier, I should have reminded him to not to shoot unless you're aiming to kill, wookies are worse when they're injured Zeshaun thought keeping his ears open for any sound that would give away their movement.

Njall tapped him on the shoulder." Look, there's our way out." Njall was pointing to a door across the room.

Zeshaun nodded, and they slowly started making their way across the room toward the door, hugging the edges of the room to keep hidden. Zeshaun got a sudden feeling that the wookies had moved without him knowing and for once was scared for his life. Out of pure instict he shoved Njall down into the ground and ducked down as an axe smashed into the wall and lodged itself into the wall. that was close Zeshaun's heart was beating very quickly, he quickly jumped up and ran as fast as he could toward the door. Zeshaun quickly pressed the button and the door opened only to be greeted by a squad of guards with their rifles pointed at his head. I'd rather fight them than take on those wookies Zeshaun thought. Njall and Zeshaun charged at the guards and took them by surprise.

He knocked out the lead guard sending himself and two other guards sprawled across the hallway. He quickly got his pistol in his hand and fired it point blank at the guards face.  Zeshaun quickly looked to make sure Njall was doing alright himself and once he was sure that Njall was safe he continued taking out the guards. One by one the guards started to fall and when Zeshaun started to think about just taking off, an unwelcome, furry arm grabbed him and threw him down the hall. Oh shit Zeshaun smashed into the floor and slid for a few seconds. The wookies had also escaped the room and were now roaming the halls and Zeshaun was still their target. Njall ran over and helped Zeshaun up

"I say we run." Njall suggested.

"I completely agree." Zeshaun turned and dashed down the hallway blowing by a squad of guards as they were about to turn the corner.

Zeshaun could hear them calling after them but went silent as they saw the wookies charging down the hallway. [i]better regroup with the others quick[/]
Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
February 25, 2009 8:01:58 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy to see the majority of the squad back together again.  He never liked it when they chose to split up as he never knew what trouble they would get themselves into.  His worries were well founded as now they had lost contact with Zeshaun and Njall.  Where the hell are you pondered Alan.

“We need to find a terminal” said Lucky, “if they’ve been captured then the base’s computer should have a log of it and where they are being detained”.

“You heard her, let’s see if we can’t find us a terminal, check every room” said Alan.

The squad fanned out, each person investigating the adjoining rooms.  Alan hoped that there was not going to be any surprises in store for them behind any of the doors.  Opening the closest door to him, he sighed as he found no sign of a terminal.

“Over here” called out TK.

The squad rushed to the sound of TK’s voice and Alan smiled as he looked at the terminal that TK had found.  Lucky immediately set to work.  Her fingers moved quickly over the keyboard as she scrolled through information that was being displayed.  She was going at a rate that Alan couldn’t keep track of.  He knew she was worried for the missing members.

“Found them” she exclaimed.

Alan smiled, he was grateful that they were still alive and that they now had a location for them.  He was looking forward to reuniting with them.

“Uh oh” called out Lucky as she read the information.

“What’s wrong?” asked Kaka.

“Looks like they were taken to some form of combatants room and been made to fight wookies” said Lucky.

“Wookies!” exclaimed Alan.  He knew that Zeshaun hated wookies but he also knew just how difficult a wookie could be to stop.

“Good news is that they escaped and are heading our way but we need to get to them in case they need assistance with the wookies” replied Lucky.

Alan wondered whether this place could hold any more secrets in its walls.  It seemed like just when you thought you had seen it all, something else came along.

“Let’s move out” called out Alan.

The squad hastily filed out of the room and Lucky took point.  Having studied the schematics she knew exactly where to find Zeshaun and Njall.  A door ahead of them opened and a squad of guards emerged.  They seemed surprised to see the squad but their weapons were soon raised and pointing at the squad.

“We don’t have time for this” muttered Lucky, “Paladin’s, attack!”
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Challenging Times (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:03:47 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 322  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >