Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Jester Squad, PI

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Jester Squad, PI
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3664
Total Posts:  3940
  RE: Jester Squad, PI
February 4, 2009 3:01:47 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes let his head lay against the back of the speeders seat. He stared up into the night sky, cigarette burning in his mouth. The adrenaline and anger had faded and all he could come up with now was how incredibly fucked he was. His mind kept racing back to it, no matter what else he thought about. Angel had told him off, and would probably not want him tagging along anymore. Snipes had shirked his duties for the High Council for a moment of personal revenge and satisfaction. There had to be a way to recover from this. There was always a way.

“Hey, asshole, we’re there.” Snipes let his head role to the side and looked at Jager, the driver.

Snipes sighed and got up, levering himself over the side of the speeder, “Go ahead and take it home, I just don’t care right now.” Snipes didn’t wait for a reply, and instead turned around and wandered into the port.

It was always a pain to get in, especially at night. Snipes used his ID card, then put in a password. It took the machine longer than he’d like to process them, but eventually it did let him in. He wandered aimlessly for a few minutes, unable to remember where he was or what he was looking for, like there was a mental block, it wasn’t unusual, it was just much hated. He finally remembered and let himself into his docking bay.

The docking bay was dark, but lights near the loading hatch on his ship let him see everything he cared about, at this moment that was only how to get into his citadel cruiser and to his room. He strode towards it, it was a good forty, fifty feet away, reached up and opened the hatch. Inside the ship was well lit, the lights activating as he opened it. He sighed again, he wasn’t sure why this made him unhappy, but it did.

The path through the ship to his room was quick and easy, the top deck, the whole room was just a low dome of about thirty feet in diameter. Around the circumference were all manner of boxes, desks and piles of junk, along with one small cot. In the exact middle was a large chair and a stand next to it. Snipes threw himself into this chair. On the stand were two things, an empty bottle and a remote, he grabbed the remote and turned off the lights, then tossed the bottle towards the turbolift leading to the room.

There was another bottle, always another bottle, under the stand, Snipes pulled that out and opened it with his left hand as his right made an effort to call Rizzit up on his datapad. It took a few moments, and in those few moments Snipes was able to take several long pulls from the cheap whiskey.

By the time Rizzit answered Snipes buzz had been renewed and he’d found a way out of his problems. He wasn’t sure how his old friend would feel, but sometimes you needed to alienate a good friend to maintain, well, Snipes wasn’t sure what he was maintaining, but it seemed important.

“Snipes, I’m busy, what do you need.” Snipes former squad leader looked tired, and old. Well, older than one his age was supposed to be.

“Making my report mister, Sir.” Snipes was nearly slurring, not quite, but it was close. “Somebody needs to go down and talk to the warden in the civilian prison, I don’t think he’s culpable, at least not knowingly, but he might know something, and if he doesn’t the gang that screwed up my man might. Jester I’m not sure about.

“Concerning that, I need a favor. I plan to tag along with Jester for awhile, they seem to be on the right track. Logistics and my own investigation would be a lot simpler if you tossed me on their roster.”

“Snipes. I’m not sure if I can do that.”

“Oh you can,” Snipes took another pull from the recently opened bottle resting between his legs, “And I need it done tonight. Think you can pull it off?”

Rizzit sighed and let his head rest in his hand, “Yeah, sure, Snipes. Look, I’ll get back to you, try and get some sleep.” Rizzit hadn’t bothered to look up, either disappointed or tired, Snipes wasn’t sure which.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP][RoT][SCA]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
I AM THE WORLDS DEADLIEST HOOD ORNAMENT!
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  304
February 4, 2009 9:39:37 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Leaning forward, Jori tapped the vault a couple of times and felt around the edges. He couldn't budge it one bit. He stepped back as Aeos come around the bed and crouched beside. He pointed out the vault to her and leaned back to let her forward so she could look at it closer. Standing up and taking a step back, Jori thought hard about the vault. He got the strange feeling about the number pad, but couldn't think of anything.

This stupid vault is weirding me out. There is something about that keypad... oh jeez. Thats it.

Jori spun around and looked around wildly, having a idea.

“Aeos, where did you put that baggie I gave you?” Jori asked quietly.

“I have it in my pocket. Why?” Aeos asked, slowly taking it out.

Grabbing it, Jori fiddled around with it until he could clearly see the numbers. Leaning over the shelf, he entered in the numbers in quick succession. With a small ping, the door swung open and Jori set the baggie aside and reached into the vault. Feeling around for a bit, he finally pulled out a large wad of cash. Looking at it in disbelief, Jori handed it to Aeos, who took out another baggie and stuffed the cash into it. Reaching in again, he retrieved a slightly damp piece of cloth with something inside it. Unwrapping it, he barely caught the vibroblade in time before it hit the ground. It was then he realized that it was covered in blood. Handing it to Aeos, who repeated the same thing that she had done with the cash, he reached in and fished around again, this time coming up with  nothing.

“Ok. That's all of it. We're you done with most of the room?” Jori said.

Aeos nodded and continued bagging the evidence. Stepping back, Jori walked out of the room, closely followed by Aeos, who was carrying the baggies in both hands. Stepping to the side, Jori grabbed one of the bags as she walked by and held onto it. Following her, they made their way out the apartment and taking a speeder back to the barracks. After arriving, they sent the baggies off to be analyzed at the lab.
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Corporal Jori Lekrif
TRP/CPL Jori Lekrif/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [CoR][CCA]
StormPlatoon - Trooper| JesterSquad - Squad Member
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  2841
Total Posts:  3342
February 9, 2009 4:35:57 PM    View the profile of Angel 
It had been no more than five minutes since Jegora had left his office that a knock came at Angel's door.  Sighing heavily, the Jester squad leader set down the datapad containing the report to Cosmic and Rizzit he had just started. What the krell is it now,he said inwardly. Rubbing the fatigue out of his eyes, Angel snapped in an authoritative tone "Come!"

The door to his office slid open with a whoosh and a solider wearing the rank of Private First Class stepped in. A folder was gently placed on the front side of his desk, most likely the trooper's orders. Not bothering to look up from his report, Angel waited until the new arrival addressed him.

"Sir!" A female voice announced, "Private First Class Stone reporting for duty."

Arching a single eyebrow at the tone of the new arrival's voice, Angel looked up from his desk to size up the rookie, who now stood at perfect attention. If there's one thing the Academy DOES teach well, it's standing like a totem pole, he mused to himself.She was rather short in stature, at least smaller than most of the amazon-esque femtroopers he had seen. Her slender figure fit well in the duty uniform, and hair blonder than Angel's gave way to perfectly tanned skin and a pair of sparkling blue eyes.

Reclining back in his chair, Angel gave one of his half-smiles to the woman. "You can drop the sir here, Private." He began. "You can call me Angel, Sarge, Boss or anything you really think I'll acknowledge to." Rocking forawrd, Angel used the chair's momentum and got to his feet. Stifling a yawn that suddenly appeared in his mouth, he stretched his arms above his head, before continuing his greeting.

"So I see you're one of the bright new recruits from the Academy." Angel added, grabbing the folder and leafing through Stone's personnel file. "Well, you've been placed in the best squad in the Corps. I'd take the time to get to know you better, but we tend to have trouble keeping the greenies in this squad."

Angel let this last sentence hang in the air for a moment, making sure the private understood the implications. In truth, it was because many had been transferred to other duties soon upon their arrival, but he might as well put a bit of fear in the new kid. Considering they were about to embark deep into Hutt Space where the Remnant and the New Republic were both active, a little fear induced caution just might help save her life. Yet the new trooper stood stoic and unphased by Angel's comment. Her face remained placid and professional, and she only responded with a "I'll try not to disappoint sir...I mean boss."

"Very well. You'll be bunking with Brightstar. Drop your gear off there quickly. We have a briefing in 30 minutes, and we're leaving 30 minutes after that." Angel commanded, dropping back into his authoritative tone.

Without another word, the trooper spun on her heel and marched out of the room. Smirking to himself, Angel returned to his chair and resumed his report.

"Ylesia. A planet controlled by the Hutts and used mainly in the export of spice. However it is now used mainly as a spaceport for smugglers, criminals, and most of the seedy parts of Hutt society." A large green and blue sphere hovered over the holoprojector in the Jester briefing room.  The squad st in their usual spots, each attentively listening to Angel's description of their next mission. Much to his dismay, however, Angel noticed an extremely hungover looking Snipes leaning against the doorway to the room, a cigarette clenched firmly between his lips.

Deciding to ignore him for the time being, Angel continued. "Round about the time of the Battle of Yavin, the spice facilities were destroyed by a Rebel Alliance sabotage team. The Hutts retained control of the planet, but most of it's usefulness was gone. Reports indicated that the Rebels were assisted by a resistance group on the planet comprised of former slaves who had escaped their chemically enforced imprisonment and labor. With what we found out from Jaina, we believe Frozt was a member of this group."

Pressing a button on the holoprojector, it zoomed in on a small city. "This is Colony Two, an original name, I know. The second largest city on Ylesia. Jaina's report puts Frozt's home here, just outside the city-center." Angel put his index finger through the hologram to point out the location. "The chances are slim he left anything there, but we need to try and locate some records of his dealings. Colony Two is also the headquarters of the resistance group, so there's a good chance we'll end up fighting if we go in guns blazing."

A smile spread across the faces of Jager and Jori, as they were both eager to get back into combat. "Believe me, this is not what we want. If Jaina was telling the truth, we could have half a city come down on us, and that would make for a really bad day."

"SO." Angel said with some emphasis to wake those getting bored with the logistics. "We will land in the surrounding rain forest, and use our speederbikes to enter the city. We get in, we scout the place, Kip will slice into any computers he has while we secure the building. Any resistance will be dealt with appropriate force. The planet's rotation makes for 10 hours days, which leaves us less than five hours to get in and out."

The display shifted once again to show the Jesters their equipment. "We'll be taking the Sentinel shuttle, which will carry nine Mobquet Overracer Speeder Bikes. Our mimetic armor is still having the bugs worked out, however, so we'll be in Storm Commando armor. Our full weapons compliment is already loaded onto the shuttle, so grab a quick bite and get down to the docking bay in half an hour. Dismissed."

The members of Jester squad started to rouse from their seats, Angel noticing that Brightstar and the new girl were already chatting away. Meanwhile, Snipes had made his way over to the squad leader, a datapad in hand.

"Bad news for you." The Sergeant said. "Looks like you're officially stuck with me for awhile."

Reading the note from Rizzit on the datapad Snipes had handed him, Angel couldn't help but scowl. Tossing the datapad on the table next to him, he grabbed two handfuls of Snipes' jacket and pulled him face to face. "You screw this up like you did last night, and I'll be using your nuts for punching bags, you got that?"

The notorious bad-boy of the Army just smiled in return. "Keep grabbing my nice jacket like that, and I might have to hold you to that." Snipes fired back.

Letting out an annoyed grunt, Angel pushed Snipes back as he released his grip. This just keeps getting better and better...

OOC:
You have your orders, feel free to move us along to the planet. See the wiki for details on our firearms loadout, and select yours accordingly.
Platoon Commander - StormPlatoon | Squad Leader - Jester Squad
PC-SL/SFC Angel/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire
[LoR][RoM][GRoM][IH][CDS][CoR][WM][BC][SC][GC][GS][AS-5]{BoA}{CCA}{HWS}
----------------------------------------
Darth Phoenix - Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SI Phoenix/DC-04/Lopen/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire
[VP:1]

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited February 9, 2009 4:36:36 PM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  317
Total Posts:  710
February 10, 2009 12:30:20 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright couldn't remember how long it had been since she had last slept in the Jester barracks, or even when the last time she had slept. Either way she was in the Jester's barracks. Bright hadn't been there for months, owing to the fact that she now had her own condo space. It was nice to have a plae to get away to, but she'd decided against going back home to get some shut eye when the barracks were right there. She'd been back from Jaina's safehouse only five minutes before she was out like a glowpannel that had just been switched off.

Twenty-five minutes after that, Bright was brought to by a sharp knock at the door and a someone entering the room that Bright had almost always had to herself.  Bright jerked up right with a scowl, her usual sidearm already in hand. "Who the hell-?" Bright started blurry eyed.

Her vision cleared quick enough. The woman standing infront of her seemed almost unphased by the fact that Bright had nearly shot her. The sergeant blinked then sighed. She'd heard that Jester was getting a new recruit, but she had not been informed when she would be transfering in. If Bright had been the type to embarass easily, she'd have blushed at her rashness.  Instead she just stood and streached.

"Sorry about that." She said shortly. It had to be the fatigue that had she had been feeling since the start of the week and possibily before that. "I'm Sergeant Brightstar D'Jonoc. You must be the new greenie from the Academy." Bright had not phrased that last as a question. She liked to be well informed of any changes. "Welcome to Jester. I genuinely hope you remain." Bright finished by holding out her hand.

"Thanks," The other woman said taking the offered hand. " Private First Class Fyre Stone."

Bright looked the new recruit over with a sharp and penetrating violet gaze. She looked to be  at least a year older than Brightstar, with hair blonder than Angel's and eyes that were a ludicris shade of blue. She was about two inches shorter than the sergeant and she was only slightly heavier, with a dancer's grace that Bright envied. The red headed woman nodded her head in approval. This noob was in better shape than some others that had past through Jester's roster. "You might just make it with us. Granted you don't get killed on the first mission."

Stone just lifted a brow, her blue eyes dancing in quiet humor. Bright liked the other woman already. "So, what kind of name is Brightstar anyway?" Fyre asked casually as she sat on one of the other bunks.

Bright's good humor faded a little but not entirely. The new girl couldn't be expected to know that nobody in Jester talked about why Bright went by Brightstar instead of her given name of Rain.  Bright would inform her. "Brightstar is my callsign. I don't go by any other name most of the time. My clan was the Brightstar River Clan of Dathomir. I'm one of the only survivors of a massacre by a rival clan. Brightstar was a natural choice when choosing my callsign. My real name is Rain, and only one or two people have ever been known to use it and both are women that I deeply respect." Bright had not inteaded on saying so much about her clan but she couldn't unsay it now.

To her relief however, Fyre didn't press the matter. "Lets go, I'l show you th briefing room for Jester. It's almost time for our dear leader to brief us on the next phase of our already extremely long mission." Bright streached again and wished, not for the first time, that she'd been able to catch up on some sleep.

=============

The breifing  was what Bright had expected it to be, brief and to the point. She liked them that way, and Angel had short and brief down to an art form. Of course she'd been none to happy that they would be operating in Hutt Space, but there was little she could do about that. So she just bit back the urge to groan and listened to the rest of the breifing.

Bright was in her usual spot, by the door with full visual on the entire room. Some habits were hard to break and this was one that would never break. It had been carry-over from when she had run with Riqimo Pershaw, back when they were both smugglers and.... less savory personalities. Bright found herself almost wishing she were going to Yelisa in the Golden Davk. She smiled a whistful smile that turned into a preditory grin at the mention of actually seeing some combat. She could really use a release of tention.

Bright glanced around the room again and grimaced as she noticed Sniping once again. She couldn't help but be curious as to why that man was there.

"We'll be taking the Sentinel shuttle, which will carry nine Mobquet Overracer Speeder Bikes. Our mimetic armor is still having the bugs worked out, however, so we'll be in Storm Commando armor. Our full weapons compliment is already loaded onto the shuttle, so grab a quick bite and get down to the docking bay in half an hour. Dismissed." Angel's voice said, bringing Bright back to the present task at hand.

She rose and was almost the first out the door, if it hadn't been for Jori, the ever excited Zabrak was very nearly always the first out the door. Bright just stood back and let him pass as she chatted about little things with Fyre. 

They had walked back to the barracks with the other woman and asked, "Do you need any weapons or anything?" Bright asked having seen the very few things the other woman had.  When Fyre only shook her head Bright shrugged and headed out the barrack's door and hopped onto the speeder bike that she had used as transportation back and forth between her condo and the Jester briefing room.  "I'll be only a few minutes, see ya at the Sentinel. And get something to eat. Who knows when you'll have another descent meal."

==========

The last half hour had flown by in a blur that could only make Bright happy. She really didn't like waiting around, it had never been her niche. She walked into the hangar at a sedated gate. She was in no big hurry  knowing that she was already early and that the rest of the squad, save for Jori and Jag, would show up right on time. Jori had always had a habit of being early, mostly do to nerves. Jag would be there early just so he could get the best bench for laying across and annoying the hell out of everybody else.

Bright's pack only contained a few choice items as a full weapon's compliment was already on board. But her Ryyk blades had never been left home on off planet missions and Bright wasn't about to leave them behind now. The other items were various blades of widely disparate sizes. Bright was  a close combat fighter and always had been, she always had a blade of some sort with her. She was fully armored as well. Saved time having to get it on just before departing the ship.

"So hows the water fauset?" A harsh sound grated behind her as she clambored abourd the vessel.

Bright sighed and turned to face Jeg with squared shoulders and a lifted stubborn chin. Her defiant gaze blazed. "Better now that she can't see your ugly face. You almost bring me to tears just staring at you." Bright was sure that if Aeos was there at that moment she would have recieved a hard kick in the shins.

"Ever tried telling her not to cry so much?" He asked his eyes laughing. He was teasing her Bright knew but she was tired and not in the mood to be teased, least of all by him.

Bright closed her eyes and dropped her chin to her chest. Her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. "If I cared to clack my teeth in a supremely useless manner, I would have done so when I met the woman." Bright hated to admit that Jaina's endless weeping had grated her nerves as much as it had Jeg's.

Jeg didn't reply back as Angel had arrived just behind, Fyre. "Alright, everyone here?" He paused for everyone's confirmation including Snipes' and clapped his hands. "Good, lets move." With that they were off.
TRP/SGT Brightstar D'Jonoc/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/Tadath/VEA[SRP][SCA]
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Brightstar
Jester Squad
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3673
February 10, 2009 1:41:17 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes sighed. He’d ostracized his one real friend it seemed. At this point it was unavoidable. His first betrayal of his friend was his fault, stomping a useful person to death had been a choice; his second betrayal had not entirely been his choice. He needed to see where the Jester squad went to finish his job; he had to further push away a man that had been one of his few true friends. He wasn’t happy about it, but also he didn’t see anyway he could have done it better. Angel was as hard a man as Snipes, and grating on him gave Snipes no real pleasure. But it had to be done. The conundrum went around and around in his head as he settled down to taking up three seats in the ship. He went over and over in his head how he could have found a way to being here and not being on Angel’s bad side. The only option was to not have killed the spying woman. Then Snipes would have seen no satisfaction. The problem kept circling in his head and he couldn’t find anyone at fault. He had hoped Angel had done the same, but Snipes brain worked differently than most, he had expected Angels reaction.  So he accepted that he was not truly part of the squad, just dead weight.

Despite this he’d brought his Storm Commando armor, his old RAIDERS equipment. It was tiger striped in a thick blood red paint and the helmet held the words: ‘Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?’. The dark blood red would turn to black in the dark; outside of the dark it gave him a menacing presence.

Snipes wasn’t really enjoying this. He wasn’t at all, he put on a boyish grin, held himself up proudly and swaggered like he always did. However he knew he wasn’t part of the squad. The woman, well, the woman that had been there before the new recruit, he thought her name was Brightstar or some such, treated him with a barely concealed disdain and generally avoided him; as did the rest, even Jager stayed slightly clear of him, and the only time Snipes saw Angels face was for a sturdy warning glare.

He didn’t want to be in a squad that didn’t want him, but he was bound to it. So, as the ship lifted from the hanger he left himself thinking. Always thinking. To ponder over the bridges burned. He decided, because of the shame he would leave when this mission was over. He had promised to complete this mission and so he would. Once it finished he would never enter Vast Empire space again, his shame was too much, he couldn’t bear it and remain the proud person he was, and so he would leave, as he had always done.

As the ship left atmosphere he fell asleep to these dreams of leaving, these half finished plans of a life beyond the Vast Empire. It wasn’t his style to wish, but that was really what he was doing. In his own way he was waving good bye to the Vast Empire and all friends he had within it.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
TRP/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP][RoT][SCA]
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  284
Total Posts:  630
February 10, 2009 2:43:09 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"I think I'm in love" Jager muttered as he lay eyes on what was possibly the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It weighed in at eight kilo's with a fire rate of roughly  seven hundred and fifty rounds a minute with an effective range of three hundred and fifty meters, it was the last word in any fire fight hence why it was dubbed 'The tyrant'

At first he was hesitant to touch it, the feeling of inadequacy was almost overwhelming but with a deep breath he placed a tight yet nurturing grip around the handle. It was lighter then it looked, but he imagined the magazine would change that. A quite chuckle came from the seat next to him,

"You gonna make love to that now, or is there still foreplay to come?"

Jager shot a cold, almost homicidal glance back at Jori who was clearly quite proud with himself. "You wouldn't know a fine piece of hardware if it bit you on the ass, so shut up"

"Kids," Bright stated, motioning for Jager to take his seat. There he continued his awestruck examination of every nook and cranny that the weapon had. A rail system had been attached allowing for any number things from Sights to flashlights to be mounted along with the front bipod which would be replaced with a vertical hand grip. The Tyrant also came with an extra barrel and with good reason, at seven-fifty rounds a minute Jager imagined he would be changing quite a few barrels after heavy fighting.

Everything about the weapon screamed 'Killing machine' and now it was in the hands of Jager. The only problem was that Angel had told them to expect a standard infiltration mission, yet the prospect of a city wide firefight left Jager with a sense of hope. He wasn't cut out of this detective thing, a fact which had been proven with the sudden and painful deaths of both his suspects. Sure he had watched the old holo-vids about detectives who get approached by an attractive women who falls madly in love with them, then after solving the case the two ride off into the sunset on a speeder bike... but in the real world it just meant pointless foot chases and a lot of sitting in speeders.

Running a hand along the length of the barrel one last time he looked up. His seat was directly opposite Bright and the new girl,

"Heh, this the new Red them. eh?"

Stone gave a confused look to Bright, who had an eyebrow raised at Jager. "Red?"

"Yeah, Red... the guy who came with Team Jeg to.."

"His name was Beta," Jori cut in.

"Yeah, well He's dead now" Jager finally retorted, "But it wasn't like you didn't already see it coming", Jori gave a shrug and went back to quietly staring off into the distance. "It's like I said" Jager continued, "The average life span of a newb is three minutes from the moment they leave the shuttle"

It had become clear that Jager's topic of conversation wasn't the most appropriate. Regardless of whether or not the last new trooper had actually died, a fact which Jager never bothered to confirm, it still made everyone think. After several seconds of awkward, contemplative silence it was Jager who again spoke up,

"So... Anyone got a nick name for the new girl?"

"Whats wrong with her real name?" Bright queried. Jager shook his head with a smirk,

"You don't learn their real names, Makes you feel bad when they step on a landmine or something."

"That's horrible" Replied the Sergeant, giving a reassuring look to Fyre. She didn't seem to phased by Jager's aimless rantings but there was the off chance that he could be right.

"Fuckin-A," Jager announced as he turned to Ae and Jegora who had been staying out of the conversation, "But not as horrible as being covered in someone's bra.."

Jegora's head slowly turned to meet Jager's. Neither said anything, Jager ceasing his comment almost immediately. Again the shuttle fell into silence as the two continued their stare, the rest of Jester watching with half-hearted curiosity. After several minutes Jager broke, mumbling something and going back to examining his weapon. He couldn't care less if the two got into another scuffle, yet at the same time he didn't think his face could take any more punishment.

It was clearly going to be another interesting assignment.
Jester Squad
RBA/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Suddenly, Banana's... thousands of them
== Got your nose is not a jedi mind trick ==
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited February 10, 2009 2:44:09 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited February 10, 2009 4:15:38 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited February 10, 2009 8:19:33 AM)]
Abalar
ComNet n00b

Abalar

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  366
February 10, 2009 8:13:21 PM    View the profile of Abalar 
“So, this is off to a fantastic start,” Fyre thought to herself. “I’ve learned that I have three minutes to live as soon as I step off this shuttle. Great.”

She glanced at Jager from the corner of her eyes to make sure he wasn’t looking, then gave him a death glare. He was occupied, locked in a staring contest with Jegora. “We’ll see who outlives who, Mr. Smarty Pants” Fyre thought, almost making a challenge with herself. Jager moved, and Fyre moved her head around, making it look like she was just taking in her squad mates. She had to admit, Snipes and Jager made her feel slightly uneasy. Angel just made her nervous, but not in the same way as the other two. Fyre was comfortable around Bright, and she had soon learned what not to ask her bunkmate. Fyre didn’t know the woman beside Jegora, and decided not to ask anyone until they landed.

For something to do, Fyre mentally went over what she had packed. Other than the necessities, food and water, she had packed a newly bought medic manual, something she had intended to read on the journey to Ylesia. She also had packed the few weapons that she know how to handle. Something that wasn’t standard issue was her dancer uniform that she had packed as well. Knowing that they might just come in contact with Hutts, Fyre had thought that it would probably in use. If it was needed, then she would reveal it to the others. On the other hand, if her precautions were unnecessary, then she would not reveal it, and everything would be fine. Unclipping herself, Fyre dropped to the floor and rifled through her bag, feeling her way to the manual. She didn’t want to risk opening it, and having someone, namely the males on the squad, to see. It took her a while, and she could feel some of her squad mates judging eyes on her, but she didn’t really care. What people said or did didn’t bother her. It was what they didn’t do and say, that worried her.

Finally finding her book, Fyre climbed back into her seat and started reading about first aid. Fyre had decided that she would memorize this part before she took her test or even before learning about the other material. Fyre heard some sarcastic comment made by Jager, but paid no attention. She read for about sometime, then dozed for a while. Fyre was the kind of person that could sleep anywhere, at anytime, even without the army experience all the others seemed to have. When she woke, the silence still remained. Glancing at her datapad, she say that only four hours had gone by.

“How do they stand this? If this continues like this, I’m gonna have a mental break down,” Fyre thought frustrated.

Some short, quiet conversations took place over the next few hours, but nothing major occured. Fyre was also able to listen into most of them without appearing to be doing so. If the conversations sounded or even seemed private, Fyre would switch herself away to something else. It was something else that she had learned to do from her many years experience in the cantina’s. Along with listening, her people skills, ability of judging characters, and self esteem had been enhanced through bar work.

The silence just seemed to persist. There was uneasiness in the air, something that all the others seemed to know about, but she herself, didn’t. Fyre Stone hated silence. Even as a child, Fyre never really had experienced silence, unless she was brooding about her father amongst the animal’s they had kept, or riding her tusk cat through the plains. Even then, that wasn’t really silence. Her brain flooded itself with memories from her childhood, mainly about her father. What had brought them, Fyre didn’t really know, as none of then were related to her train of thought. The memories cycled through, eventually coming to rest on probably the worst of her childhood. It never had bothered her before, nor had she even thought much about it. Fyre had accepted that her father was a jerk long ago. This was probably the worst of her memories, but despite Fyre’s best efforts, she couldn’t shake it away.

Fyre was exhausted. She had been up before dawn, mucking out the stable where their animals were kept. That took her till lunch, which she ate in the barn, trying to keep away from her family. Before she was finished eating, Fyre heard a commotion outside. Her father wasn’t a drunk by any means, but this night, he apparently had dipped into the corellian ale a bit too much. He had been gone the entire night, so it wasn’t surprising to see him in this state. Her mother was at his left elbow. He had a double-bladed vibrosword in his left hand, and was pushing his wife’s face with his right. He soon pushed her away, and kicked her feet out from underneath her. Her three brothers were, naturally “occupied” in the nearest village, and of course had borrowed Turhaya. Fyre’s father looked around, and when he saw her, it was like throwing a bleeding prisoner to a Rancor. She could have sworn that he doubled in size, and the entirety of his eyes turned blood red. He charged at her. She was frozen in place by fear, but somehow, her body reacted when he lowered one edge of the vibrosword, aiming towards her heart. She ducked and rolled away, and her father missed completely. She started running, but her father soon caught up, even in his drunken state. His balance was off, so she quickly ran right. Fyre hadn’t counted on her father’s double-bladed vibrosword being in the way. The piercing pain of metal cutting through skin was enough to make her fall. Fyre felt the blade start cutting at her right shoulder, and it twisted downwards, when it finally left her body near her left hip. She lay on the ground, bleeding, not even dareing to move, as her father examined her body and then walked away. She played dead for a while after, to make sure he wasn’t nearby. She stood up, and walked towards her nearest neighbour, the Shaloks. When they started panicking at the sight of her blood stained cloths, she told then that if was on of the nerfs that did it. Fyre then blacked out from blood loss.

Overwhelmed with all the horrific details from her memory, Fyre quickly undid her harness, and slumped to the floor. There she sat and curled into a ball, not only trying to forget, but mainly trying to not to cry.
TRP/PFC Abalar/3SQD/2PTL/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Jester Squad

=Storm Platoon=
[This message has been edited by Abalar (edited February 10, 2009 8:36:11 PM)]
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  940
Total Posts:  2175
February 10, 2009 9:24:05 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
OOC:
I started this before Abalar posted, then promptly got sidetracked. Therefore, this post begins back a little ways. You’ll all survive.

Jegora took several deep, calming breaths as he watched Jager retreat to a seat a few rows away. Not surprisingly he sat by Snipes, who for some reason was still with the squad. As far as Jegora knew the man was still working directly for High Command. If that was still the case then Snipes was outside the Jester’s chain of command, and that was never a good thing in a possible combat situation. Still, worrying about Snipe’s situation was way above Jegora’s pay grade, and so he decided to let things run their own course.

Turning his attention to the newest member of Jester, Jegora couldn’t help but notice that she was watching him. He nodded to the girl, not saying a word, and turned away. Throwing a large duffel bag containing his armor into the storage locker, Jegora followed Aeos to a seat near the back of the passenger cabin.

Some of the other Jesters were suited up in full armor, but Jegora wasn’t. He hated wearing armor anytime he wasn’t in a combat situation, or anytime it wasn’t absolutely necessary. He also knew from his days spent memorizing charts in the Navy that Ylesia was quite some distance away. Jegora wasn’t sure, but he figured it was going to be about a day’s flight through hyperspace to get to their destination. No way was he wearing his armor for that amount of time for no good reason.

As soon as Jegora sat down in the not-so-comfy chair his eyes began to droop. One of the first things a trooper learns in Basic is that sleep comes rarely on a mission, and you’re better off to take it when you can. Jegora had taken this lesson to heart and was nodding off even before the shuttle gently lifted off from Tadath.

A few hours later Jegora awoke, only to find the passenger cabin bathed in a soft light. He glanced over at Ae and saw that she was asleep. Taking a peek around the room he noticed that everyone else appeared to be asleep as well. Reaching up to the harness around his midsection Jegora hit the release and pushed himself up out of the chair with his stiff legs.

Standing up Jegora was tall enough to survey the entire cabin. He quickly but silently stretched his arms above his head, trying to work out whatever kinks might have been created by a four hour nap in a chair. When he was done stretching he popped his neck, and decided that he felt much better. Jegora managed to take three steps towards the back of the shuttle, intent on using the ‘fresher, when his good feeling abruptly vanished.

Sitting curled up in a ball in the last row of seats was the new girl, Abalar. Jegora hadn’t actually met the woman yet, but she came out of Basic highly recommended, and that counted for something. No one graduated Basic that shouldn’t, and no one graduated with honors that didn’t deserve it. With such thoughts in mind, Jegora quickened his pace and soon came up even with where the newest Jester was huddling on the floor, her back against the row of seats in front of her.

Sitting down in a chair facing her but a few seats off-set, Jegora watched her. Her cheeks were tear stained, but she wasn’t crying now. In fact she wasn’t doing anything. She was simply sitting there, staring straight at nothing. Suppressing a small ripple of fear, Jegora quickly tried to think of what to do.

After several minutes of pondering he still had nothing. The girl hadn’t moved, and as a result Jegora was becoming more and more worried. Against his original intent he decided that someone else had to become involved in this little situation, less it get out of hand. He stood slowly, not wanting to upset Abalar anymore than could be prevented, and made his way to the front of the cabin where Angel was seated.

On his way Jegora was intercepted by Aeos. She had a questioning look in her eyes, and Jegora put his lips by her ear and informed her of the situation as quietly as he could. “The new lass seems to be having a bit of a…situation. Might go back there and try and calm her down, or keep her company…something.”

Aeos just nodded. Jegora winked. “I’m gonna go wake the boss.”

With that the two senior noncoms separated again, one headed towards the front of the shuttle and the other headed aft. For Jegora’s part he was a bit apprehensive about having to possible wake his squad leader, but he figured he had a good reason. In fact, if Jegora didn’t have a good reason then he had no idea what a good reason was. One of their troopers, a fellow Jester, was having some kind of emotional or psychological break down only hours before they were scheduled to embark on a combat mission. Things had most definitely taking a turn for the worse.

And it was still really early.

None the less, in the grand scope of things Abalar’s apparent breakdown changed little. If she could be brought to her senses, and the Jesters could be assured she wouldn’t do such a thing again once they were on the ground, then as far as Jeg was concerned the problem was solved. If they couldn’t get her back to normal then she would never leave the ship. If they even suspected she wasn’t back to normal, she wouldn’t leave the ship. Combat was not the place for a crazy person, as temporary as that craziness may be.

As Jegora approached Angel’s shadowed form he saw his squad leader’s head come up and around to look right at him. Angel’s eyes caught and reflected the light, giving his eyes a creepy shine in the soft shadows of the passenger cabin. Not for the first time Jegora couldn’t help but feel there was something profoundly different about his squad leader. Pushing his unease aside, Jegora took another few steps, bent down, and whispered the situation to his squad leader.

“Our new girl seems to be having some trouble. I think you should see this for yourself,” Jegora said softly.

Angel nodded, released his harness, and rose next to Jegora. The two men walked slowly to the back where Aeos was sitting with Abalar. Not surprisingly the situation hadn’t changed in the few minutes Jegora had been gone. Aeos was sitting where Jegora himself had been, and when Angel and Jegora approached she looked up and shook her head.

There was a long moment of silence in which Angel studied the situation. “Has she said anything?” he asked, to which Jegora and Aeos both shook their heads. There was another moment of waiting, and then Angel finally said, “Alright, lift her up into a seat.”

Jegora nodded, moving forward to stand next to Abalar. He gently put his hands on each of her upper arms, intent on guiding her to her seat more than lifting her. He never got the chance, though. As soon as he touched her the girl let out a huge scream that ripped through the passenger cabin. Jegora immediately let go, and looked at Angel, who was himself quite surprised by the outburst. When the screaming finally died down Abalar was glancing around the cabin with wild eyes, breathing heavily. From somewhere behind him Jegora heard Aeos mutter something.

“Well, so much for keeping this on the down-low,” she said, her voice dripping sarcasm.
Jegora Fal
Sergeant First Class, Stormtrooper Corps
Initiate, Dark Jedi Order

ASL/SFC Jegora/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire Army/Vast Empire [IH] [EW:1] [CCA]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  319
February 10, 2009 11:02:27 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
The scream jerked Bright from her sleep. She was on her feet before she knew the situation. A lightning quick glance around the cabin, told her that everyone else seemed to be wide awake now as well. The sergeant's eyes fell on the small group only two seats from her own. In the center lay Abalar. Not good. Bright thought inwardly as she went to kneel by the other woman.

Bright had seen that look before, on the faces of people who'd seen or experienced too much trauma in too short a time. She narrowed her eyes and waved her hand in front of Fyre's eyes. The older woman seemed to be looking at something that was produced by a.....memory. Bright could only hope she was right. If she wasn't Fyre Stone's short career would be over before it started.

She looked up at the other three surrounding her and the new girl. Bright's eyes were searching for a moment before they fell on Jeg. She didn't suspect that he had done something to cause this, he just appeared to be the only one making eye contact with her. She raised a brow in question.

"I woke up and saw her just laying on the floor." Jeg said and then quickly amended it. "She was curled into the fetal position, I did notice tear streaks but she wasn't crying just staring. I decided to get Angel and Aeos had offered to help."

Bright listened intently and then scowled. Fyre was showing all the signs of a catatonic break. Not very encouraging. She waved her hand again in front of Fyre's face; nothing. She snapped her fingers in the private's ear and still nothing. She tried snapping her fingers next to the woman's face with no more success then the last three tries had yielded. Bright pursed her lips and sat back on her haunches, thinking.

The expression in Abalar's eye's was one of fear and anger. Bright put her hand on the girl's shoulder. When the action didn't not elicit another scream, Bright grabbed her arm firmly. She looked up at the three people around them and immediately knew that it would not be wise for either Jeg nor Angel to even touch her. Her violet gaze fell on Aeos. "Grab her other arm."

Aeos did as Bright said and together they half carried half dragged the girl to a more private location. Jag and Angel followed as Bright had expected them to. "Might want to stand back." Bright said setting Fyre on a chair. She noticed that Jeg and Angel shared a glance, shrugged and both stepped back. "You too Ae. I don't know how she'll react." Bright suggested with a reassuring smile.

Aeos gave a shrug of her own and stepped back to stand beside Jeg. Bright knew she would have to explain how she knew so much about handling someone in this state. She was sure that by now Jeg would be double curious. After all she had been the one to get Jaina to talk about Frozt when he'd been unable to do more than make the woman cry harder. She shook her head, Bright would just have to cross that bridge when she came to it.

Her mind back on the task at hand, Bright let out a deep breath and did something she'd never done to another trooper within her own squad before. She slapped Fyre across the face, hard. Hard enough for Bright to feel the sting in her own hand. Her plan had worked though, Fyre had launched herself out of the chair and at Bright a speed belying her previous state. The two women tumbled to the ground were Bright quickly pinned her 'patient'. It was the reaction that Bright had been expecting.

With her knee pressed gently but firmly against Fyre's torso, Bright watched as the private's eyes cleared and recognition dawned on her features. Fyre's eyes went wide and apologetic. "I-I-I'm so sorry." She stammered.

Bright sighed heavily and slowly released her hold on other woman. "Its ok Fyre. But we're going to have talk about what just happened." Bright said helping her new friend to the seat she had just vacated. "You've worried Angel and he's hard to reassure. And Jeg would just like to know that you won't be doing that again anytime soon. Or I can only assume that's what he wants." Bright informed Fyre indicating that Angel and Jeg should sit. Then she looked at Aeos for a moment. She trusted Aeos immensely but Bright wasn't sure if she would stay or not.

When Aeos took a seat as well Bright nodded and glared at the onlookers that continued to stare. Having already told her SL and ASL to have a seat, Bright already felt like she'd overstepped her bounds. Instead Angel followed her glare and added one of his own.

"Don't you have something else better to do." He said in his usually quiet commanding tone. The one that no one dared dispute. Everyone turned to tasks that either had to do with cleaning their weapons or just generally talking. Angel turned his gaze back to Bright and then to Fyre. He nodded, an indication that Bright should continue.

"Fyre. Would you like to tell us what just happened?" Bright asked. She genuinely hoped that Abalar was not as quick to cry as Jaina was.

Fyre seemed hesitant, a look from Angel though was enough to put even Bright on edge. Frye started into a detailed explanation of what she'd been doing right before her little episode and what particular memory had brought on her sudden catatonic state. Bright listened as she stared at the opposite wall and chewed on her lower lip. As far as she could tell Angel and Jeg were also listening intently in their own way. Bright couldn't have been sure, but she thought she had seen a slight blaze in her friend's eyes, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared if it had even been there at all.

At least she isn't sobbing. Bright thought gratefully. In fact Fyre seemed almost cold and distant as she recounted her memory in front of almost complete strangers. This is going to take some time to think about, but she does seem to be back to normal. Bright thought again as she watched Fyre with narrowed eyes. She was looking for those hidden sign that said that such episodes weren't quite over. They were subtle and not many people would notice a slight tick here or a flinch there. Bright however was having no luck spotting even one tick or flinch. She saw no indication that Fyre would revert back into the state that had left her prostrate on the floor.

When Abalar finally finished, Bright felt three pairs of eyes lock onto her. She looked up and shook her head in the slightest possible way. It was her way of saying she could see nothing wrong at the moment. "I'll watch her till we get to Yelisa. If anything changes I'll let you know." Bright said. She grinned at Fyre's uncomprehending gaze. "I seem to be the resident, if unofficial, Shrink of the squad. Comforting isn't it?"

Fyre looked unsure of whether or not she should believe Bright. Angel just nodded and stood as Jeg did. Both men looked thoughtful. Aeos remained rooted to her seat a thoughtful look on her own face. Bright caught Jeg's eye again and noticed his brow was furrowed. This time it seemed he was wondering about her. Bright just shrugged. She would tell them only when ordered or when she felt like she owed them an explanation.
Jester Squad
Abalar
ComNet n00b

Abalar

Post Number:  13
February 11, 2009 7:20:56 PM    View the profile of Abalar 
“I’m not crazy you know…” Fyre said, timidly, as she glanced at everyone’s feet. She had trouble meeting anyone’s eyes, including Bright’s, even though she trusted her the most. Fyre felt crazy herself, as she had never experienced anything like this before, and wanted to say that, but she couldn’t. Abalar was really just in shock. The silence was back, and that made her more unnerved. “I gotta pee.” Fyre said, and stood, which would have resulted in her falling, if Brightstar hadn’t been there, arm ready. Slowly, Fyre walked off to the Refresher.

When she walked back, she saw mostly everyone had moved. Fyre was able to walk without falling, but she resembled a drunk man all the same. Still refusing to look at anyone due to her embarrassment, Fyre walked back to the main storage compartment. She heard someone move to follow her. With her back still turned, Abalar muttered quietly “I need to be alone for about half an hour. Don’t come find me until then, especially if you hear me talking to myself, but it’s normal, so this is why I’m telling you know. Even if you don’t that’s also normal. It’ll do more harm if you interrupt me.” This earned Fyre many looks, some confused, some worried. Fyre didn’t care though. It had been a while since she had done this, which might have been a reason as to what happened. Fyre really felt bad for telling her superiors what to do, but this wasn’t something she wanted to do.

As she walked, butterflies built up in her stomach in anticipation, but melted away once she was in the semi large compartment. She shifted some things and cleared a space large enough for two people to sit, face to face, knees touching. She sat cross-legged, and put her hands in her lap. Fyre started her meditation; she breathed deeply at first, but soon slowed and lessened her breathing, so she inhaled only once every other ten seconds, exhaling during the other ten seconds. She cleared her mind, and started humming. Of what, she didn’t know, but the sound was an eerie, yet sad sound. This took her through the first half hour, even though she didn’t know it. Fyre had removed herself from everything around her. Subconsciously, she didn’t want anyone to interrupt her now; she hoped no one would. Slowly an image of her father appeared in her mind, sitting in a mirror image position as hers. Fyre opened her eyes, but saw only her father and the farm where she grew up in behind him. A wind blew at her, and she smelt the stable. Abalar started talking to her father, about everything, especially about what had just happened to her. She told him her emotions, her hopes and her fears. This wasn’t the father she had known, but the father she had wanted. After a half hour of this, she had finished, and her father nodded, stood and walked away. Another fifteen minutes went by before Fyre had brought herself back to the shuttle, feeling at peace. She had no trouble standing this time, and when she turned, she saw her entire squad looking at her.

“I’m not crazy you know,” was all she said before walking past them, and went back to the passenger cabin, and sat in her seat. She grabbed her medic manual, sat in her seat, and started reading.

Jester Squad

=Storm Platoon=
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  287
February 12, 2009 3:10:31 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"If I had of said that when I joined, Kami would of hit me" Jager announced to no one in particular a short time after Fyre had locked herself away. "Gotta hand it to Banshee though, she's got balls" he finished, getting several confused looks and raised eyebrows from his squad mates. "I mean... well, not in that sense"

"Banshee?" Bright queried, shrugging off his other comment with a slight shudder.

"Yeah, Banshee..." Jager responded confidently, "You all heard her scream right?". The others mumbled something or simply turned away, returning to occasionally drifting into the conversation for a few minutes with a quick comment or a look then going back to their individual preparatory states. 

"... Does the empire give returns on faulty troopers?" he asked, looking up from his gear. "Because I think we got a dud."

"They only give store-credit if you make a fuss" Snipes added from his sleep like state. Jager smirked, though still trying to work out if Snipes was coming down from a week long bender or was on the verge of suicide, either way he displayed characteristics of someone who didn't want to be where he was.

The squad drifted back into its monotonous silence that seemed to always be present before a mission, whether it be because of pre-mission nerves or a mutual hatred between the lot of them.

"ETA; one hour" a voice announced over the intercom, a statement that was almost music to Jager's ears. An anticipation began to slowly build up inside of him, it had been to long. The shuttle began bustling with activity as the Jester's finished off getting ready, the sound of weapons being checked and re-checked joined with the low, distant hum of the shuttles engines  almost harmoniously to create a low tension. It was then Fyre appeared in the doorway, bringing everyone's preparations to a sudden halt.

"I'm not crazy you know" she stated confidently after a short pause before moving back to her original seat, leaving Jager lost as to why someone who was obviously three rounds short of a full clip had been added to Jester who were apparently 'The Empires Best'.

"You know, If you weren't crazy... you probably didn't have to say that" Jager stated to his kit. With a scuttling of hands across his gear the trooper managed to retrieve a crumpled packet of cigarettes from an empty ammo pouch. Within seconds he had lit one up. Taking a long drag before offering the packet to Snipes, who accepted then turned away. The remaining half-hour before landing would have been dead quite if it hadn't been for Angel running over the final game-plan.

"Snipes, Jager, Jori, Bright and Fyre will cover the exterior of the house while Jegora, Ae Kip and myself clear inside." he stated, looking at each individual trooper.

"Clear?"

The squad gave vague acknowledgments to their leaders outlines as The shuttle shuddered violently for a brief second signaling it that it had just broken the planets atmosphere. An action that was quickly followed by a 'Five minutes' call from the pilot.

Hastily Jager re-re-checked his gear. M3, Check. M4, check. Extra clips, check. he mumbled, arriving at the M1. The magazines for the Tyrant were similar to bricks. A fact which limited him to only carrying a pitiful three including the one in the weapon, disappointing him to no end, though each magazine carried five hundred bullets.

A low grumble emanated from Jager as he sized up the speeder bikes. Bikes were never his strong point, and the thought of riding one of them into a hostile situation was bordering on suicidal. None the less they were still going to do it. Angel mounted one the bikes closest to the door, turning back and nodding as he hit the ignition.

The hum of the shuttles engines grew louder with each passing second, the moment that Jager had been waiting for since they started this little operation was almost upon him which called for a celebration. Another cigarette was removed from his gear and placed between his lips, the heat from the lighter brushing against his face as he held it to the white stick.

'Thirty seconds' The pilot called over the intercom which was barely audible over the engines. Angel's voice quickly followed over the Comm's,

"Try and keep up, We've got a schedule to keep"

With a deep hydraulic hiss the cargo doors opened revealing the dark outlines of what was at best guess a rain forest. Almost immediately Angel took off with Jeg, Ae, Jori and Snipes in tail. Bright motioning for Jager to get going as she finished saying something to Fyre, but he stuck with the age old rule of 'Ladies first'. Statistically the rear was the safest place, which assured that he would at least get a few shots off before being cut down by a sniper...

"Today" Jeg announced impatiently as Bright and Fyre exited the shuttle. Flicking the ignition switch caused Jager's bike to grunt painfully before it set into a steady idle. Throwing the cigarette to the shuttles deck he smirked as he replied over the Commlink, "Coming dear"
Jester Squad
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3676
February 12, 2009 3:56:29 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes face may have been hidden behind his tiger striped helmet, but the wicked grin was now unconsciously cemented on his face. His former contemplative lethargy had given way to anticipation. Anticipation of risk, danger, confrontation. All the things he enjoyed most in the galaxy. Suddenly things didn’t seem too bad.

Then again, Snipes was careening at a near breakneck speed behind Angel, he wanted to pass, to let his bike rev freely, but there was the slight problem of him not knowing exactly where he was going.

He didn’t need to run a check on his equipment, it was all there. Combat knife on his left side, shotgun on his right, LAR tight on his back, it had a specialty silencer attached, he’d stolen it from the RAIDERS armory when he’d stepped down from squad leader. The only other weapon he carried was a long triangular bladed knife in his right boot. It’d almost seen more use than his shotgun in it’s lifetime. He knew it was all there because he didn’t feel like he was missing an appendage, and over the years that was what these weapons had become. The StA had been given an urban camo paint job, and even the bandoleer of shotgun shells across his chest had been painted a flat black so that the metal rims didn’t catch the light. Snipes lived for battle, and he was good at it.

Snipes veered his bike to the right, behind Jikkyo, close on him even. One could say he was tailgating. If this annoyed the squad leader he didn’t say, Snipes knew he shouldn’t be pushing his luck, but instinct and anticipation took over, in this state Snipes wouldn’t care what The Emperor himself thought.

It might not of been luck, but it was certainly to Snipes pleasure when they reached the edge of the city. The blanket of night never fully settled on cities and lights were bright and plentiful. Angel slowed in front of Snipes and veered into a side street before coming to a halt.  Snipes stopped just behind him and dismounted, he turned to watch as the others caught up.

“In here Jesters.” Angels voice in the helmet as his body motioned to a garage.

Snipes waited until last to stow his bike, well, last except Jager, who seemed to want other people in his way should they need to escape about as much as Snipes did. Somehow all the speeders fit. Snipes didn’t know how. What he did know was that his adrenaline rush was fading, along with his grin.

Once finished Angel shut the door, the building had looked abandoned and perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn’t. At this point it didn’t matter. Orders were conveyed with hand signals to the rest of the squad, Angel and Snipes remaining the only ones in front of the door.

“You remember my warning, Snipes?”

Snipes couldn’t help himself from grinning. “Whatever you say boss.”

Angels armored form didn’t seem satisfied and gave no visible for of acknowledgment, but instead turned and strode towards the squad taking up defensive positions around the alley. Snipes shook his head and followed. How could he predict his actions with the enemy so close at hand, with the smell of so many battles circulating through his armor, with the feel of the armor against his skin, it all made him feel complete, and when complete he was ready for mayhem.

As Snipes followed the rest of the squad, not really part, slightly behind them and almost on his own, Angel wasn’t even bothering to baby-sit him; he tried to remember why he was there, he wasn’t sure he entirely could. He did realize he desperately wanted a cigarette, but now within the town, trying to wind through back streets and dark alleys it was impractical. Even the seemingly fearless Snipes wouldn’t risk the distraction.

At last however Snipes sighed, just following them flat wasn’t enough. He quickened pace. He had slightly more experience with stealth missions and was not uncomfortable doing so. He quickened pace until he met up with Angel.

“I’m going ahead, I’ll scout it out, find a good route, leave you with less guesswork.”

“I want you. . .”

“Don’t really care Angel, I’ve made up my mind.”

Angel grunted, “Fine, just don’t fuck it up.”

“Combat zone, my friend, this is where I’m at my best,” Angel couldn’t see it, but there was a winning smile behind Snipes helmet.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  941
February 12, 2009 4:41:06 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
As Jegora watched Snipes jog off into the darkness he approached Angel. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” he inquired softly.

Angel sighed and shook his head. “Probably not,” he answered. Jegora shrugged and turned back to survey the squad. Frye seemed to be keeping up ok, and everyone else was moving at a steady trot. They had to be getting close now. Another few seconds of silent jogging brought the Jesters ever nearer to their target. Angel finally raised a closed fist and the squad slowed to a halt. Jegora estimated they were still a block from their target.

“Snipes, what do you see?” Angel asked when the squad had finally come to a complete stop.

There’s was slight pause, and then Snipes’ rough voice echoed inside Jegora’s helmet. “Not much. House looks dark, a ranch-style dwelling, one story. Looks like their may be a basement. Front and back doors, nothing special. Windows are all closed and secured, though, so we can’t go in by that route. Also doesn’t appear to be a security system of any kind.”

Angel grunted an acknowledgement, and then turned to the rest of the squad. “Alright, let’s do this fast and quiet. Get in, get what we need, and get out. And for Sith’s sake be quiet.” That little speech got a round of murmured acknowledgements from the squad. Angel spoke again, this time directing his comments at Snipes. “Pull back, find somewhere to cover us.”

“But--” Snipes began to protest, only to be cut off by Angel.

“I said get out of there.”

There were some grunts and a few choice words could be heard, but Snipes’ blip on Jegora’s heads-up-display moved away from the house and into a neighboring yard. “Alright,” Angel said upon seeing that Snipes was going to listen for once, “Jeg, Kip, Ae: let’s do this.”

Grinning to himself Jegora slipped his M66-SD submachine gun off his shoulder. The diminutive weapon had become part of his standard mission load in recent weeks. He had taken to caring two weapons, the submachine gun and a heavier rifle or carbine, along with the sidearm strapped to his thigh. It was a little extra weight, to be sure, but Jegora had enough bulk that it didn’t have a negative effect on him. Plus, it was a system of tradeoffs: sure the submachine gun might weigh him down slightly, but it was superb for close-quarters combat, and it was quiet. In short, it was perfect for the situation Jegora was in now.

Angel led the way, his SLAR slung over his shoulder and an IR-Intimidator repeating blaster in each hand. Jegora knew from experience that those blasters were Angel’s choice close-quarters weapon, and he also knew that his squad leader was just as deadly with the small pistols as he was with his rifle.

“Front or back?” Jegora asked Angel as the four approached the house.

“Both,” Angel responded. “You and Kip take the front, Ae and I will take the back. Clear each room, and don’t shoot us.”

Jegora grinned behind his helmet. “Willco boss.”

While Kip and Jegora waited out front Angel and Ae skirted around the house’s perimeter and took up a position near the back door. The other Jesters had spread out, taking up positions where they could offer covering fire in the need arose. When Angel and Ae were finally in position Jegora tentatively reached out for the door handle. Luckily, it was unlocked, which made things oh so much easier.

“Door’s unlocked boss,” Jeg informed his squad leader.

There was a slight pause, and then Angel said, “Same here. Let’s go.”

Jegora quietly pushed the door open, leading the way with the muzzle of his weapon. His helmet’s low-light filters activated immediately upon entering the house and everything Jegora saw was tinted slightly green. None the less he could see, and hopefully anyone else who might have been in the house couldn’t. Jegora and Kip cleared three rooms before running into Angel.

“I think we’re all clear,” Kip said.

Ae nodded. “Did you guys check the basement?” she asked.

Jegora simply shook his head. He hadn’t even seen the stairs leading to the basement.

“Alright,” Angel said, “here’s what we’ll do. Kip, there’s a computer terminal through that door there. See what you can get off it. Jeg and I are gonna check the basement. Aeos can keep you company.”

“Suits me,” Kip said, moving off towards the room with the computer terminal, Aeos in tow.

As the two left Jegora with Angel, the squad leader looked at Jeg. “Ready?” he asked.

Jegora nodded his armored head. “Damn straight,” he said.

As Angel led Jegora to the stairwell Jegora examined the interior of the house more closely. A lot of the woodwork was dusty, as if it hadn’t been used in quite some time, but the furniture was still all intact, which suggested that the occupant of the house had never sold it after moving away, if in fact they had moved away. On the other hand, if this had been Frozt’s house then there was a possibility that the slicer had expected to return here some day.

Well, whatever had been planned, one thing was certain: Frozt was never coming back to this house again.

The basement turned out to be darker than the upstairs. It was quite small, and appeared to be used mainly for storage. Jegora took his cue from Angel and began to rummage around through the various contents of the shelves. The basement turned up nothing, and a Jegora dutifully climbed the stairs, following Angel back onto the main floor of the house.

Angel, meanwhile, was filling in the rest of the Jesters. “House is clean, but Kip is going to try and slice the personal terminal here. Sit tight.”

Jegora was reminded of how happy he was to be doing something and cringed inwardly. As boring as clearing the house had turned out to be, waiting outside would have been even worse. Still, even though he sympathized with the rest of the Jesters left outside and realized that he was fairly lucky to have a chance at some action, Jegora couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed. He had really wanted to shoot something.
Jegora Fal

ASL/SFC Jegora/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire Army/Vast Empire [IH] [EW:1] [CCA]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  254
February 13, 2009 9:21:20 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Sighing, Jori lowered his submachine gun as Angel, Jeg, Kiption, and Aeos walked inside the house. Backing up against the house, he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest, still holding the gun.

“Alright. Jager, you and Jori cover the right side. Fyre,  get your ass over here and follow me.” Snipes said.

As Jager walked by, he hit Jori over the head and motioned to the side of the house. Sighing yet again, Jori followed him. Raising his gun, he swept his gaze over the landscape, lingering slightly on a small shed about fifteen feet away from the house. Frowning, Jori tapped Jager on the shoulder and pointed to the shed. Jager stepped back and motioned for him to go ahead

“Be my guest. Just don't get blood all over everything when you get blown to pieces by some kind of security system.” Jager said.

Getting closer to the shed, Jori noticed there were no windows or any kind of viewport in sight. He circled the shed, checking for any way in, but found none. Stumped, he kicked the side. He paused slightly, expecting a response, but was disappointed when nothing came. He walked back over to where Jager was standing and shrugged.

“Nothing. I guess the only way to get in is from an underground tunnel like a basement.” Jori said.

“Angel, is there a basement in the house?” Jori asked.

“Yeah. Why?” Angel replied after a short moment.

“Because, I found a shed outside. The problem is that there is no visible way to enter it except underground. Thats why I asked about the basement. There may be a tunnel down there that can be used to get to the shed.” Jori replied.

Angel clicked an affirmative and Jori cut the connection. Turning around, he again raised his submachine gun and the pair continued their patrol.
Corporal Jori Lekrif
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3679
February 13, 2009 11:23:17 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes grunted to himself and slowed his pace, letting Abalar get in front of him. Slowly Abalar gained five steps or so on Snipes; he took the opportunity to quickly sidestep into an alley way and duck behind a pile of empty boxes. He could hear her jog back to where she’d last him, and could hear her looking around. Too loud.

“Um, this is Abalar. Sniping has. . .disappeared.” Snipes could hear her both inside and outside of his helmet.

“Of course he did.” Angels voice was full of irritation, “Bright, are you near Abalars location?”

“Yes, I’m on my way over.”

“Don’t worry about it. He does that, kid.” Angel said.

Snipes killed the comlink after that and got up, at a low crouched run he exited the other side of the alleyway. Residential areas always sucked for this kind of work, too open, too many people. Street lights, teens staying up all night. It was insanity.
Of course Snipes imagined everyone on the planets schedules were complete screwed up, with only a ten hour day the only way to get enough sleep was to literally spend one sleeping. Snipes hated planets like this.

The only way he could stay hidden in a place like this was to duck in and around speeders. Usually he would have taken a roof top, but the roofs were too low, most the houses being but a single story. Snipes was quick and skilled however, with experience a light-year long. He made his way to the edge of the residential area, to where commercial buildings began. Whoever did the zoning for this place was either an asshole or an idiot.

The building Snipes entered was a multi-story parking garage. It had many options for getting to the top, an elevator, stairs or the speeder ramps. Snipes walked around and around the great spiral ramps, keeping to the shadows as best he could until he reached the top. He had to take a few seconds to orient himself, once he managed it he strode to the far end and looked out over the residential area. I’m putting my money on asshole.

Snipes looked to both sides of himself, there were only a handful of speeders up there at that time of night. He walked over to one that looked broken and looked it over. It was definitely broken; one of the engines was half torn apart. He climbed on the front and crouched down, still looking over the residential area. He pulled the helmet off his head, turned the comlink back on and buckled it to his belt by the chin strap. He inhaled deeply and pulled a cigarette from one of his belt pouches, stuck it in his lips and lit it. He inhaled deeply again and was significantly more satisfied with the result than the first inhale.

So there he sat, or rather crouched, on the hood of a speeder trying to keep himself from falling asleep. There wasn’t much to see, he could make out Frozt’s place, but from this distance he couldn’t make out the black armored Jesters. That was a good thing. Still, it left little for him to be entertained by. He pulled up his StA-52 LAR and activated the holographic scope, zooming in on Frozts house. He could make out members of Jester moving, but it wasn’t clear, it was enough, however, to assure him all was well.

Then something happened. Not something important, just something irritating. Something flew in front of Snipes display, something down near Frozt’s place. Snipes zoomed out a bit and tried to find it.

Perched on top of the house next to Jester was a little gray bird. Snipes thought they were called ‘pigeons’ but he preferred to call them ‘poop machines’. He lined it up in his scope, it moved slightly and he adjusted for it, then gently he squeezed the trigger. The avian disappeared in an explosion of blood and feathers. Knew I got hollow points for a reason. Snipes chuckled a little to himself. He cast his scope around a little more, found another, and made it go ‘pop!’. I am the galaxies deadliest hood ornament, bitch.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited February 13, 2009 11:28:31 PM)]
Kiption
ComNet Initiate

Kiption

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] El Presidente

Post Number:  145
Total Posts:  152
February 14, 2009 12:44:45 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption slung his carbine over his shoulder and walked into the room with the terminal.  The fact that the room wasn't protected usually meant that the encryption was that much better.  Either that or this wasn't really the machine that they were looking for.  Kip studied the room from the hallway.

It wasn't really all that much.  Just some walls, empty shelves, cleaning products.  Not really the kind of things that you'd find in a room with a terminal like this one.  More like the kind of things that you'd find in the basement of an office building.  Seems like they had some more important priorities than just storing the machine in here.

"Are you going to go in? Or just stand there," Aeos' voice came in over the hum of the room. 

"I'm just thinking.  Give me a second.  There's too much going on here for this to be it."  He took a step into the room and allowed Aeos to come in and set up shop.  You always want the person watching your back to be comfortable.  Who know's how long this is going to take.

It seemed simple enough for this to just be a terminal.  Nothing too technical there.  Not even a socketguard over the terminal.  That doesn't make sense.  If this group is as dangerous as we think they are....  Kip walked up the terminal now and started to input some random commands. 

"This isn't what we are looking for," he announced to the room.

"What?"  Aeos jumped, sensing that there was a trap about to be sprung upon them.

"Look for the real terminal.  There's too much power flowing into this room for this to be the only location in the entire building."  The two of them spread out pulling down items off the shelves.  With everything on the floor now, there only really seemed to be one place left for the other machine to be hiding.  Kip and Aeos then jumped in and moved the terminal into the center of the room. 

"Shabutie."  Kip exclaimed with excitement.  "We're going to need detonators.  It's behind the wall."  Kip walked up to the wall and started to examine it for weak points.  "Too bad we really don't have a medic at the moment."  He turned to where Aeos was standing.  "Start placing charges where you think we're going to need them.  I've got no idea."  Kip walked back to the dummy terminal and started to pull out some of his gear. 

He grabbed his keys, picks, and other assortment of crack devices out of his pack and shoved them into his pockets of his tool belt.  He grabbed his rifle just as Aeos was done building him a "door".  "Nice," he said looking up at his new entrance. 

She pushed the detonator, and the sides of the door popped free from the rest of the wall and a blueish light started to shine from the sides of the door.  "And we get it open how?"  She pushed a second detonator and the remainder of the detonation cord went off crumbling what was left of the "door" into rubble.  Kip laughed, "combat engineers."

"It's what we do.  Doors and bridges."  Aeos walked through the opening first clearing the room.  "Clear." 

He raised his rifle and started through the opening.  "hehe...  That's what we were looking for."  This terminal was a bit more worth it.  Several interface jacks, each of them with socket guards.  "This is going to take a bit."

OOC:
Please don't take me out of this room yet.  I know what I want to do, but I need to think about the wording.  I'll finish up this segment later this weekend.
Just another pretty face....
Verastinian Republic - Almighty Dictator

"The difference between a hacker and consumer is a consumer says, 'I wish it would work this way.' A hacker says, 'I've got a screwdriver and a few minutes.' -- Rael Dornfest
[This message has been edited by Kiption (edited February 14, 2009 12:47:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Kiption (edited February 15, 2009 12:05:14 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

Post Number:  2847
February 15, 2009 5:55:38 PM    View the profile of Angel 
A muffled explosion rocked the house from somewhere in the back. A plume of smoke, ash, and dust billowed out from the doorway Aeos and Kip and gone in to find the computer terminal. Holding his breath that it wasn't some booby trap Frozt had left, Angel activated the commlink in his helmet. "Aeos, status."

"Just making a door boss," came the crackled reply. Angel could sense the smirk behind the impassive visage of Jeg's helmet. Since their return from a second tour of Anteevy, Angel had noticed some of the tension ebbing between the two. He still wasn't sure what the finality of their situation would be, but he was inwardly glad they were hashing it out on their own.

Changing his focus, Angel shot a question out to the perimeter team. "Jager, status outside? Anything move after that explosion?"

"Not a peep. Although I did spy a couple gettin' busy on their sofa." The newly promoted sergeant replied.

Rolling his eyes, Angel answered, "Thanks Luth, I'm sure you'll keep an eye on them."

"You bet your lilly white ass I will. Already selling tickets to Jori." A light chuckle from several Jesters filled the channel, and even Angel felt it hard to maintain professionalism. In a different situation, in a different place, he probably would have been angered and rebuked the always foul-mouthed soldier, but the mission was going off without a hitch thus far. His troops were loose and in good spirits, something he didn't want to mess up.

"You want to check out that shed?" Jegora asked, absently poking around the living room for anything of use.

"Not unless we don't absolutely need to." The squad leader said, taking the downtime to remove his helmet. "No sense poking around extra places, especially since Kip seems to be taking care of things here."

Angel was about to set down his helmet on the table next to him, when an excited voice cut through the squad's channel. Reversing his motion, he quickly put the helmet back on and caught the tail end of a message from Snipes.

"...inbound."

"Say again Snipes? I didn't get that..." Angel hurriedly said.

"I SAID," Same the annoyed reply. "We have company. Four military-class landspeeders inbound."

"Can you ID-them?" Jegora inquired, already taking the safeties off his weapons.

"Negative...wait a second...Oh shit." Snipes muttered in a hushed tone. "I count 4 squads of stormtroopers and one of those naga-hide whatever the crap they're called from Tadath."

Angel and Jeg exchanged puzzled glances, even though they couldn't be seen behind their helmets, before the ASL asked, "Noghri...with stormtroopers?" The puzzle was beginning to unravel in Angel's mind.

The unmistakable whine of landspeeders cut through the silent night air, drawing closer and interruping Angel's thoughts. Focusing on their current plight, Angel asked over the commlink "Snipes, ETA?"

"30 seconds. I'll try and take some out from here." Without waiting for confirmation from Angel, Snipes cut off the link. Turning to his left, Angel already found Jeg taking position at the front door.

"Jager, you catch all that?" The ASL queried.

"Sonova bitch." Jager replied. Heavy breaths came over the comm, and it was obvious the trooper was moving a bit labored with the extreme weight of the MG-1 Tyrant rifle he had drug along. "Yeah, we're in position to light these assholes up.

Angel meanwhile holstered his IR-5s and swung the SLAR from over his shoulder. "Aeos, we need you out here. Kip, get a move on we won't have much more time once the shooting starts." Aeos clicked her comm in acknowledgment and her footsteps echoes through the house. "Jeg, you and Aeos cover the front door, Brightstar, circle around back and help me cover the rear."

A single shot rang out over the dull roar of the approaching speeders, and Angel immediately knew the time for preparations had reached its end.
Platoon Commander - Storm Platoon | Squad Leader - Jester Squad
PC-SL/SFC Angel/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Tadath/Vast Empire

Kiption
ComNet Initiate

Kiption

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] El Presidente

Post Number:  147
Total Posts:  152
February 16, 2009 12:42:13 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption knelt down to tighten up the laces of his boots.  With Aeos out of the room, he really didn't have any more distractions on the work that he was going to have to accomplish.  He walked up closer to the terminal and started to examine the socket guards that were left in place.  "This is going to take a while," he muttered into his comm equipment.

"A while you don't have, just get in grab as much as you can, we'll examine it all later."  Angel snapped back. 

It probably wasn't the best time for Kip to be bothering them, they did have people to welcome.  Kip pulled out some of his picks from his utility belt and started to try and leverage the socket guard off of the terminal.  'A twist here,' he rotated the socket guard a little and shoved a splint into place to hold it while he examined the other side of the problem. 

'Shit, wrong way,' he thought to himself.  He removed the splint and lock spun back into place.  With his picks he rotated the lock around the other direction and shoved the splint back in.  On the other side now there was access to be able to...

Kip shoved another splint into place on the other side, and stepped back for a moment.  This was going a lot smoother than he was anticipating.  'There's no way...'  The socket guard spun back around into place throwing both splints out of their respective locations.  'Just what I thought.'  He pulled a small monitor out of his pocket and started to get a reading on the electric field that was around the guard. 

'Yea, I'm going to have to shunt it.' 

"Hurry up in there, I don't want to have a prolonged stay here if I don't have to," Angel barked into Kip's ear. 

"I don't tell you how to do your job," Kip muttered to himself.  He walked back into the main room and grabbed some cabling out of his pack.  'I'll give it an electric field.'  Kip retraced his steps, placing the shunts back into the socket guard, this time wired up to a small... deceptively small battery.  After connecting the final lead wire, the lock spun again, this time much faster than it had before.  The guard shattered.  'Finally,' Kip thought to himself as he reached for his datapad and connected it to the terminal. 

This was easy part, his datapad was going to take care of the rest.  As the commands started scrolling on the pad, Kip went to grab some storage units.  The storage space on his datapad wasn't going to be enough to pull down the entire contents of this terminal.  He connected the units to his pad and the download started.

"I'm going to need about 15 minutes," he said over his comm. 

"Hell this thing will be done sooner than that, can't you speed this crap up?"

"I can't speed up electricity. 15 minutes and I'm done."
Just another pretty face....
Verastinian Republic - Almighty Dictator

"The difference between a hacker and consumer is a consumer says, 'I wish it would work this way.' A hacker says, 'I've got a screwdriver and a few minutes.' -- Rael Dornfest
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  320
February 16, 2009 12:52:58 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright swore vividly as she listened to Snipes report that company was coming and that a Noghri was with them. Instantly she tensed finding herself ready for a fight she wasn't sure she would be facing. Her gut told her that she would, though. She set her jaw and clenched her teeth, her lips formed a thin straight line.

Hearing Angel's orders, Bright jumped too follow them. As she passed Jori she shoved a Thermal Detonator and C-22 Frag Grenade into each of his hands and she kept one of each for herself. Bright only ever brought two  at a time of any given type of grenade and those two particular types caused a fair amount of damage in their own right. The only other grenade she had with her was an EMP type. She would not use it here though. At least not while Kiption was still working with the computers.

It didn't take her long at all to move to the rear of the building where Angel was already waiting. He nodded once and turned to watch the surrounding area. Bright took up a position in the middle of the door way and crouched bringing her Bi-Polar Blaster BMC-150 Carbine up into a ready position.

The carbine was heavier than what Bright usually brought with her but she didn't mind the extra weight. If this mission had taken place weeks before, Bright would not have been in any position to dictate what weapon she would be taking anywhere. After so long in the Medical Unit on Tadath's Military base, Bright had lost a fair amount of muscle. She realized that part of that loss was due to the disease that she had contracted while on Cepany, but laying in bed had only compounded the problem.  Some time in the last few weeks Bright had gained some of it back, but not enough in the former warrior's mind.

As Bright occupied her mind with memories of the past and stacato glances of the surrounding area around her, she heard the sounds of blaster fire from some where. She emptied her mind at that point. If shots had already been fired then she was taking no chances. She hefted her weapon again and waited.

Two minutes into the fire fight Bright felt a something glance off her leg armor and looked down. Something that was as reactionary as that had been such a bad decision. The sergeant felt herself being smashed between the door jam and something heavy. I body Bright knew. She was caught momentarily off guard but she recovered quickly enough to shove back against the other door jam. Samwitching whatever and whoever it was between her and the other side of the door.

Angel had already turned and let off a couple shots, one of them flying high in a rare missed shot for the Jester SL.  The other one grazed the unknown body on the shoulder. Bright brought her elbow into the mess managing to ram the weight back towards the night and the small clear area at the rear of the building.

Seeing the being bathed in the semi bright light provided by the outdoor glowpannels, Bright knew instantly that it was the lone Noghri that had come with the stormtroopers.  The woman let out a low snarl, as the Noghri came at her  in  a charge. She brought the but of her weapon up har under the compact alien's chin. He staggered backward but did not drop as most other beings would have. Bright took that chance and planted her foot firmly into the male Noghri's belly.

He stumbled back further and Bright saw Angel chance another shot at alien. He hit his mark but, again, only barely as the Noghri turned to dodge as he heard the shot. Bright was bringing her own weapon to bear but she was knocked sideways by a strong backhand to her helmet.

The woman spun and staggered regaining her footing just in time to sidestep another charge. Wondering vaguely how she had gotten herself into this mess again, Bright dropped her carbine and reached instinctively for one of her many blades. Not bothering to see which she had grabbed, Bright launched into a spinning sweep with her blade held above her head. She felt the light pull as she managed to graze the alien's belly.

She immediately shot up after completing her circuit and brought the palm of her left, cybernetic and armored, hand up under the Noghri's chin. Again he only staggered and countered by grabbing Bright's arm and twisting it back behind her with a speed Bright was hard put to follow.

She grunted in pain as she felt the cybernetics react to the stress.  In one fluid movement Bright brought the blade in her right hand back behind her in hopes of stabbing her opponent in the ribs. The sudden release of her arm told her that she had missed and her attacker had jumped clear and to a safe distance. More shots suggested that Angel was taking yet more shots at the Noghri while still trying to watch their surroundings. Bright just needed to keep this thing busy till Kip was finished.

The sergeant noted with satisfaction that her opponent had more injuries, however minor they were, than she did. Bright didn't notice that she very nearly matched the alien in speed, but she did notice that fighting in full armor was once again confining her movements. In the weeks of training she had put in since her last episode with a couple of Noghri, Bright had always sparred in light, not so confining clothes. She was tiring, she could feel it.

Bright didn't have time to think much mor than that as she was being charged again.  And she was sure that this time she wouldn't be able to just sidestep. A shot her left said that Angel had just downed a trooper hoping to get passed him. The charge caught Bright full in the belly  and she was off her feet. She couldn't feel much through her armor until  she was suddenly on the ground again, the wind knocked from her lungs.

The Noghri was ready to bring his fist crashing down into the view pannel on Bright's helmet but she brought her blade up in defense. Instead the Noghri's knuckles landed hard on the sharp edge of her combat knife. The edge bit deep and the alien howled in both pain and rage as he lept back again holding his hand.  Bright was barely on her feet again when something hard hit her in the shoulder joint, spinning her right and numbing her only biological arm.

"Ah frack!" She said hitting the ground again. "Angel, a little help?" She asked hoping her comm hadn't been destroyed.
Jester Squad
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Senior Company Agent
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3685
February 16, 2009 1:47:31 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes lay in wait, he wouldn’t have to wait long, he could see the lights of the speeders coming. He made a check of his gun, it was fine of course. He tried quickly to formulate a plan. The hollow points in his gun wouldn’t so anything to stormtroopers or speeders. He realized that quickly. He watched them come closer as he quickly swapped out the half finished magazine for his only magazine of armor piercing incendiary rounds. Made specifically to deal with armored foes and lightly armored vehicles. He usually packed four clips, two of hollow points, one of full metal jackets and one of the API. This trip was no different.

Snipes waited on the rooftop as the first, second, and third speeders passed by, then the fourth. Snipes couldn’t light up the display, it would give him away, instead he had to use the iron sights. Carefully and smoothly he lined up the engine of the fourth speeder. Then, one, two, three, four of his API rounds burst through it, the speeder swerved, then died out. The other three speeders stopped abruptly, a stormtrooper got out of the lead and ran back to the down speeder. There was much gesturing and immediate confusion before he pointed at six of the troopers from dead speeder and gestured for them to follow. They seemed to be in a hurry, they weren’t even paying attention to the down speeder.

The trooper from the lead speeder and the others from the wrecked one climbed into other three speeders and they took off, quite a bit faster this time. It was curious to Snipes that they hadn’t made a bigger deal about the fact that there was a molten hole through their engines. Must be something important in that shabby little house.

Snipes slid off the roof and moved around the back yard he found himself in to get a better look at the street. Three troopers had been left behind, either to guard the downed speeder or because they wouldn’t fit in the others, Snipes wasn’t sure. What he was sure of was that he didn’t want to waste three of his precious API rounds when he might actually need them later. He once again slid the silenced StA over his back.

Snipes went into a crouch and crept behind speeders parked along the road. Streetlights were out, broken or turned off. It was hard to keep moving slowly, the adrenaline pumping through his veins, making him feel alive. It was the anticipation, moving slowly along, waiting to finish something that could be finished much quicker. His body wanted to leap from behind the speeder and mow the enemies down with automatic fire. He kept himself in check though, sliding a long triangular knife from his right boot and a smoke grenade from his belt with his left hand.

Slowly he hooked one of his fingers gripping the knife through the pin on the grenade, pulled it out, then rolled the thing towards the three troopers, standing alertly around their downed speeder. Snipes was almost giddy with anticipation as he heard startled sounds from the three troopers and the hiss of the street filling up with smoke.

Snipes waited a matter of seconds before spinning around the front of his cover speeder and stepping into the smoke. His helmet adjusted to the smoke, with far greater speed and filtering than the enemy troopers. Snipes had the advantage here.

They were assembled around the rear and right side of the speeder, Snipes quickly ducked around them to the other side. He tossed the knife into his left hand and slowly pulled his shotgun from it’s holster, at this range it would tear through armor fine, at least the way he had it loaded. He prepared himself, they weren’t far away, the closest was maybe three feet, and they were looking the other way, confident with their backs to the speeder, crouched low. Three trained men with E-11’s. One knife, shotgun for an emergency. It was a conundrum. Shooting them would be too easy, he didn’t want to do that, but getting in range to knife them would be difficult. He smiled behind the black and red helmet. He lived for challenges like this.

Finally he moved, he needed to be quick, he stepped round the side of the speeder, the one closest heard him and turned, but Snipes knife found purchase, stabbing up and under the helmet it bit into the artery and he fell, blood pouring down his armor. The others heard and turned, Snipes quickly darted to the next closest one and ducked around his rifle, ramming the knife under his left arm then pulling it out and kicking him on the other. Snipes used the dieing one as a step and crashed down on the third, trapping his arms and E-11 against his chest. Snipes dropped his shotgun and used his left hand to push the man’s helmet up, then quickly cut his throat open.

Snipes returned his attention to the second trooper. Not dead yet, but he seemed to be having a coughing fit of some sort, Snipes pulled his helmet up as well, exposing the throat and slashing it.

He stood up then and looked at his mess, a smile creased his lips. Three armed men with a knife. It wasn’t his record, but it was definitely an accomplishment he felt quite proud of. He leaned over and picked his shotgun back up, returning it to it’s holster. He turned back to the disabled speeder and began rummaging through it.

Snipes was crouched low on a roof, across the street from Frozt’s place, he could see the white bodies encircling it, more or less, he could hear blaster and slugthrower fire. He wasn’t entirely sure how he was going to get to Jester in time to be of any real use. Nonetheless, he was going to try.

It was the family in the house next to Frozt’s that gave him the idea, as they tore out, got in the family speeder and held nothing back getting away. He could steal a speeder and crash it. . .No, not enough time.

Well then what do you suggest?

Don’t ask me for help just because you’re an idiot.

Roofs then. Do you have a problem with that one?

Snipes argued with himself for a second, maybe less. It wasn’t that there was anyone in his head to argue with, so much as giving his doubts a voice seemed to help him decided if they were founded or not. This time they had been.

Snipes jumped off the single story building onto the front yard and jogged across the street, only really caring if the stormtroopers saw him. They seemed to be pretty distracted getting themselves killed though. Once he was across and down the street he climbed onto a speeder and used it to help him crawl onto another rooftop. The peaked roofs weren’t all that great for running on, and if the enemies hadn’t been distracted they would have seen him up there. He knew this, but at the moment they did seem a little distracted.

Snipes made his way, with a large degree of difficulty, over roofs and through back yards until he found himself near Frozt’s place. He was in a back yard that shared a fence with Frozt’s, on the other side he could hear the furious combat, it sounded like fun. Snipes reached his hands up, gripped the top of the fence and pulled himself up, with the help of his legs he was able to push himself over it and into the grass. He was forced by a line of blaster fire to scamper behind the mysterious shed.

“Jager, I know you’re somewhere back here, I need a distraction.”

Snipes was answered with the sound of the Tyrant and the disintegration of part of the shed with it’s fire.

“Shoot them! Not me!” Snipes yelled, turning.

One would think the first thing he would notice would be the dead bodies, or that during his previous scramble from blaster fire parts of his armor had been somewhat melted. It wasn’t though, what Snipes first noticed was that he was now staring into an outhouse. He was suddenly very happy to be wearing a helmet with filtration systems.

“Jager, why the hell would someone own an outhouse in the city?!”

Snipes got up and sprinted to the house, throwing himself through an already broken window as the enemy stormtroopers regrouped. Jager was next to him, along with Jori, Snipes waved slightly and pulled himself off the ground, trying to catch his breath. He’d covered a lot of ground already that night and it was starting to wear him out.

Still, Snipes pulled the StA off his back and wandered deeper into the building. Three heads bouncing against his legs, each tied firmly to his belt. One by her hair, the two male ones by a string ran through both ears. If any bothered to look past the dripping blood and contorted facial expressions they might begin to wonder why the mouths were taped. If they had the time they might even notice the bulge behind the tape, alluding the presence of a grenade.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  290
February 16, 2009 4:25:12 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"Motherfucker!" Jager cried as he let fly another burst from his M1. It kicked like an angry Ronto, screamed like an wounded Mynock and tore apart hostile troopers like a Hutt through a sixteen course meal. It was truly the messiah of all assault weaponry. Such a weapon gave its user the impression of immortality, he felt as though he could have taken all of them single handedly and if it weren't for his finite supply of ordinance and alarming red glow that the barrel had recently acquired, he probably could have.

A sharp knock to the head broke him from his delusions of immortality, "Stop shooting you idiot, that's Snipes!" Jori exclaimed before quickly returning to his position at the next window. So far Jager had expended two thirds of his magazine, littering the area around his feet with spent casings. This also meant that his hearing was replaced with a distinct ringing which drowned out anything Snipes had yelled back at him. Snipes quickly followed up his calls by dramatically diving through a nearby window, a maneuver that was made even more bizarre by the trio of heads that adorned the mans belt.

Jager wanted to ask out of curiosity... but it was that same curiosity that held him back. He had always held the assumption that Snipes was a few screws loose, but there was a distinct line between being a tad eccentric and a complete psychopath. A line which he had obviously crossed when the idea that 'hey, I bet his head would look good on my belt' first formulated. Jager could have spent a while pondering Snipes actions but several cries from Jori followed by sporadic weapons fire brought him back to the task at hand.

The assaulting stormtroopers had used the lull in suppressing fire to advance to the back fence, which was no only a shell of its former glory. Jager immediately swept with the yard with one solid burst halting the half dozen troopers who had decided to press the attack, several flailing about as a torrent of projectiles cut through them. The weapon created a lovely red mist as it tore through the sub-par trooper armor, a sight which gave Jager an idea for the name of his new best friend. 

"I'm gonna call you Misty" he announced to no-one in particular, giving the weapon a quick yet intimate hug. It was in this moment of passion that he neglected to notice the troopers advancing along the side of the building. If they had been vast empire troops, or even experienced mercenaries then a quick fragmentation grenade followed by heroic charge would have decimated the Jester's line of defense. Instead they opted for a more brute force method.

A set of white, armored leggings synonymous with the standard issue trooper armor materialized in front of Jager and before he could react a swift kick connected with his jaw, sending him to the ground with a thud. The anonymous trooper dived on top of him long before Jager could cry for help, pushed forward by the troopers that proceeded him. Things had begun to look grim as the trooper pressed down on his throat with his E-11 with an unrelenting determination. A determination that Jager had only just managed to hold back, though he had doubts as to how long he could continue it.

Jori had been preoccupied with taking potshots at the troopers scattered across the backyard, which had become considerably larger since the fall of the fence, to notice Jager's predicament. What he did notice was that the amount of foul language and heavy weapons fired had all but stopped, prompting him to see what was happening.

A gurgled "Jori!" was all Jager managed to sputter. Without a second thought he fired a quick burst from his rifle knocking the attacking trooper off his comrade and to the floor with a slightly comical 'Augh!'

Jager hastily returned to his feet as another two appeared at gaping hole in the wall that was once referred to as a window. Seeing the fate that had just befallen their colleague, the two paused. It was far to late to backtrack, but even through the ominous trooper helmets their expressions of fear were obvious. Jager of course was still a few feet from his M1, or 'Misty, and in the time it would have taken for him to draw either his M4 or Revolver they would have rediscovered their gumption and their triggers and fired.

It was in this moment of desperation that a voice cried out,

"Jager, your shoes are untied"

A call which sent Jager straight to the floor. The crack of a shotgun being discharged brought a smile to his face.

"First ones always free" Snipes announced as he disappeared behind the doorway. Jager was glad he hadn't accidentally cut him down earlier.

The assault on the rear of the house seemed to be dieing down as the remaining troops retreated to the house at the other end of the backyard. Their maneuver was obvious, regain manpower then push the house again, but Jager was still thankful for the momentary silence.

The barrel of his weapon had cooled slightly, losing its red glow. With a grunt he released the almost expended magazine and got to work replacing it, the battle had been going on for the better part of five minutes and he had already chewed through the five hundred round brick.

"Running low" Jori called from his window position, "Here's hoping they give up and go home"

"Bah, Here's hoping they send a few hundred more. I'm just getting warmed up" Jager called back, again petting the stock of his weapon lovingly.

"Warmed up? So is that what you call being pinned to the ground and screaming for help is, eh?" Jori retorted.

Jager could almost visualize the smug look on his squad mates face, an image that made him toy with the idea of letting a burst off through the wall and claiming it was a battlefield incident. An idea he almost had the guts to go through with were it not for a bolt slamming into the wall just opposite him.

"Arrggh, here they come again!" Jori groaned, bringing his weapon to bear and letting off a series of shots.

Jager pulled the action on his M1 back and lined up his sights on the trickle of white figures that had begun to emerge from the house, "Good" he smirked, "I was starting to get lonely"
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited February 16, 2009 5:33:16 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited February 16, 2009 5:33:36 AM)]
Abalar
ComNet n00b

Abalar

Post Number:  19
February 18, 2009 7:02:51 PM    View the profile of Abalar 
After Fyre was coldly abandoned by Snipes, she had tried to find him. With no luck, she reported to Angel, who sent Bright over. However, before Bright had reached her, she was recalled, to do some fighting. Fyre had decided to go back as well, but wasn’t quite sure of the way. She ran, but soon took a couple of wrong turns and had to back track. Before she could open a com channel, the shooting started, which acted like a beacon, helping her find her way back. Fyre met many obstacles, high walls that served as fences, houses that were occupied, and the like, all which made the going slow. She soon gave up going around properties if there were no walls, and was often met by and angry civilian. They soon ran away when they caught sight of her DC-15 Blaster Rifle though, which was held in front of her at the ready. Fyre wasn’t much of a shooter, even though she could hold her own in a shoot out. She much preferred the use of melee weapons or unarmed combat, even though the later didn’t come around that often. This was why she carried one of the more standard rifles. Strapped to her back was her double-bladed vibrosword, and she carried some throwing knives and grenades as well.

As she neared the fighting, Fyre loosened the bindings that kept the vibrosword to her back. This way, she would be able to pull the vibrosword out faster, if the need arose. The fight was still going on when Fyre crossed one of the last properties that separated her from her squad.

“Man, is Angel ever going to give me hell. Here I am, still sitting high and dry, while they’re getting their head wet from combat. That’ll soon change though, if I can get to the battle in time,” Fyre thought to herself. Almost in response to her thoughts, the battle stopped. “Of course,” was all Fyre had to say.

When Fyre neared the last corner of the wall separating her from everything, she instinctively slowed. Something was telling her that something behind the corner wasn’t right. She couched, and poked her head around the corner. There, not ten metres away, stood the lone Noghri. It appeared to be searching for something, and had its back turned to her. A slight wind blew around the corner, into her face, carrying what should have been the smells of battle, except her helmet had filters, rendering her without that sense. Fyre ducked back around the corner, holstering her rifle. She trusted her vibrosword more, and the other enemy didn’t appear near by. The shooting started up again, proving that there were a lot more stormtroopers than the original four. She slid her double-bladed vibrosword off her back, and drug one end into the ground, so it stood upright. Fyre grabbed a throwing knife, and readied it. She glanced around the corner, this time a black shape caught her eye before she could put her attention on the Noghri. It was to the creature’s left, crawling behind the remnants of a wall. The black armour was stained with red patched, but as to who it belonged to, Fyre could not be sure. Turning her attention back to the Noghri, she saw it had moved to the left, and its head was moving along the ground in front of it, with its back still facing her. Fyre moved out, and threw a knife, which landed directly in the middle of its back. She grabbed her vibrosword, and charged out of her spot. The Noghri turned to meet her. It moved surprisingly fast, and caught her off guard. Her back slammed into another pile of rubble, and her vision clouded over for a second. Before she could see again, Fyre planted her vibrosword, and brought the other edge upwards. A gargled cry of pain emanated near her head, and then she could see again. Somehow, through luck, Fyre had managed to almost gut the being. It backed away, and stared at Fyre, as she braced for another attack. When it didn’t come, Fyre jumped up and took up a fighter’s stance. Her left arm felt numb, and when she glanced at it, she could she there was a hole in her armour.
“Hey boss, this is Abalar. I know how you’re busy and all, but I kinda have a problem as well. I’m in a one on one with the Noghri, and I have a downed trooper, probably our own, but I can’t be sure. May I request some assistance?” Fyre said, after she opened a com channel.

No immediate response came, so Fyre slowly moved herself away from the rubble, so she wasn’t cornered. The Noghri just stared at her. The sun glinted of something in it’s hand, a weapon, which would explain how her armour was pierced. The Noghri then raised his weapon, in challenge. Fyre didn’t know whether to meet it or not. If she had some back up, then she would be able to take him, but now it would be more than difficult. Fyre, still waiting to hear from someone on her squad, decided it would be best to meet the challenge. She raised her weapon, and waited to see what the beastie would do next.
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Abalar

Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited February 19, 2009 9:47:36 AM)]
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  955
February 19, 2009 12:01:05 AM    View the profile of Jegora 
The operation had quickly gone from smooth as silk to chaotic. With the addition of twenty or so baddies the Jesters suddenly found themselves in a precarious situation. The real problem wasn’t the actual enemy troopers, it was the fact that the Jesters were spread all over the neighborhood, pulling recon duty. Only half the squad was actually at the house, and even then only four of them could be considered ‘shooters’, as Kiption was occupied with the computer terminal. 

Bright and Angel were covering the rear of the house, Jegora and Aeos the front. Some time during the course of the rather intense firefight Jager and Jori joined the fight, opening fire on the enemy troopers that were assaulting from the rear. Meanwhile Snipes, who had been sneaking around and raiding the enemy stormtroopers, managed to flank the eight or so hostiles that were assaulting the front of the house. He took out one of the troopers with a well placed shot to the head before the other white-clad stormtroopers figured out what was happening and took up better cover positions. Meanwhile Aeos and Jegora, who had been pinned down by enemy fire inside the house, finally managed to get some shots off, thanks to Snipes’ perfectly timed attack.

“Jester’s, head count,” Jegora said between popping off rounds with his A280. Unfortunately the house’s modest yard was landscaped into a series of terraces, which offered good cover for a limited amount of troops advancing on the premises. The heavy rifle might have been able to pierce armor, but it couldn’t cut through the thick concrete and earth that separated the enemy troopers from Jegora and Aeos’ fire.

One by one the Jester troopers sounded off, until only Abalar had left to report. Finally, after a long moment, her exhausted voice echoed through Jegora’s helmet.

“Hey boss, this is Abalar. I know how you’re busy and all, but I kinda have a problem as well. I’m in a one on one with the Noghri, and I have a downed trooper, probably our own, but I can’t be sure. May I request some assistance?” Fyre said, after she opened a com channel.

There was a curse over the squad’s comm. channel, and Jegora immediately recognized the voice as Jager’s. The man had only vocalized what everyone else was thinking, though: Abalar was in trouble. The Jesters knew firsthand just how brutally efficient the Noghri were, and there was little doubt that any one of the aliens was more than a match for even the most skilled troopers of the Corps.

Jegora’s analytical mind was already working, trying to devise a plan. After a long moment of intense thought in which he quit shooting completely he had nothing. No plan, not even an idea. He didn’t even know where Abalar was, or how many troopers were in between her and the rest of the Jesters. Jegora had no idea what to do, and he hoped Angel had a plan. Otherwise, Abalar might not live through her first mission.

At that point Jegora quit thinking and resume shooting. The enemy troopers had sensed the lull in his fire and had chosen that moment to try and advance. Jegora opened up with the A280 just in time to catch one of the troopers trying to stick his head up over the terrace he had been hiding behind. Jegora made a nice shot and neatly clipped the man just above his right eye, knocking the man backwards several paces and shattering his helmet. Whatever damages the man’s head suffered after that Jegora wasn’t sure, but he imagined it couldn’t have been pretty.

Jegora was searching for another target when Angel’s voice filled his helmet. “Jegora, go get her,” he said tersely. For his part Jegora stopped shooting and blinked incredulously behind his helmet.

Keying the comlink on his wrist Jegora opened a private channel with his squad leader. “Are you serious?” he asked, trying to keep the anger out of his voice.

“Damn straight I’m serious,” Angel replied. “I’m not gonna let her buy the farm on this one. Get out there and bring her back.”

“I don’t even know where she is!” Jegora protested.

There was a dull beep that signified that the link had been closed, and Jegora swore to himself quietly. Hoisting the A280 Jegora glanced at Aeos, who nodded. She had things under control. Without any further ado Jegora slipped out the front door, using the heavy suppressive fire offered by Aeos and Snipes to make his way safely out of the yard and into the shadows.

Glancing around, Jegora tried to get a grip on his surroundings. He had no idea where Abalar was, but she couldn’t be far. Picking up his pace to a steady trot Jegora spoke over the squad-wide channel. “Abalar, can you describe your location?”

“I’m near some sort of large structure,” the newest Jester said, panting. Glancing up at the skyline of the neighborhood Jegora tried to identify any buildings that could be described as large. There were a few apartment buildings four or five blocks away, but the building that caught his eye was a non-descript, covered building only a block distant.

“Tall, sand-colored stone?” Jegora asked, already moving towards the building.

There was a slight pause before Abalar answered. “Yes,” she said simply, her voice tight with exertion.

By now Jegora was in a full-out sprint towards the building. After thirty seconds of hard running he rounded a corner and came up behind the Noghri, which was slowly advancing on Abalar, knives bared. Jegora moved to raise his rifle and shoot the Noghri right then and there, but at the last moment thought better of it. The creature was simply too small, too wiry, too quick, and Abalar was directly in his line of fire. If Jegora missed he would hit Abalar, and the A280 would rip right through the black Storm Commando armor.

Jegora dropped the rifle, which hit the ground with a large crash, and charged the Noghri. The rifle’s fall had alerted the blue-skinned alien to Jegora’s presence, but it made little difference, as Jegora was already on the diminutive creature. He tackled the alien to the ground, crushing it beneath his massive frame. Then Jegora found himself rolling head first off the creature, propelled by an incredibly sophisticated and expertly executed move out of some unarmed combat discipline Jegora had never even heard off.

Rolling to his feat Jegora’s finely tuned instincts warned him just in time to avoid a knife thrust from the Noghri. Jegora attempted to grab the creature’s wrist and disarm him, but the alien twisted away out of his grasp and somehow ended up behind him. The alien kicked at his legs, trying to trip him up, but Jegora had been expecting such a move and his massive and muscular frame was simply too sturdy for the creature to upset that easily.

Spinning around Jegora drew his own knife from it’s sheathe on his left thigh. Now the two combatants slowly circled each other, and Jegora finally got a chance to study his opponent. It appeared that the Noghri was bleeding from a stomach wound, although it didn’t appear as serious as it could have been. In the end it didn’t matter, as the Noghri was still in excellent fighting condition.

Out of the corner of his eye Jegora noticed Abalar had drawn her sidearm and was trying to get a clear shot at the Noghri. Jegora shook his head slightly and waved her off, hoping she got the message. He didn’t want to get shot by accident.

After that Jegora had nothing else to worry about except the creature he was facing. He settled more fully into his hips, leaving his limbs loose. He wanted to be able to move freely if the creature charged. His knife was in his right hand, although he was prepared to flip it around for a cross slash if the opportunity presented itself. For a good minute the pair circled each other, trying to find any weakness in the others’ defense. Just as Jegora thought that the Noghri’s attack was imminent the creature did the most astonishing thing. It spun away, and ran. Jegora stood for a moment, dumbfounded, and then sheathed his knife. He stepped over and picked up his A280, and then checked on Abalar.

The young woman was in rough shape. The Noghri’s knife had pierced her armor in several places, convincing Jegora that it was less primitive than it appeared. Blood was seeping through the various punctures, although none appeared to be in vital locations.

“Can you walk?” Jegora questioned, unsure what they would do if she couldn’t.

Abalar nodded. “Yeah, but it hurts.”

Biting back a particularly mean comment, Jegora shrugged Abalar’s rifle over his shoulder and picked up her strange double-bladed sword. The weapons were heavy, and Jegora wondered why the woman would choose to use the weapons, or how she could carry them.

Gesturing in the general direction of the house, Jegora wasted no more time. “Let’s go,” he said to Abalar, then keyed his mic. “Jesters, we’re coming back. How’s this gonna work?”

“Front still has some baddies, and it’ll be difficult to get you in. Can you wait outside the perimeter?” a voice said. It took Jegora a minute, but he finally recognized it as Snipes.

Jegora shook his head, and then remembered that his squad mates couldn’t see him. “Negative, Abalar needs some first aid.”

There was a moments’ pause, and then Angel broke the silence. “Come around the back. We’ll get you in somehow.”

Sighing, Jegora readjusted the multiple weapons slung over his shoulders and switched the sword to his other hand. Glancing at Abalar he growled and said, “I hope you really, really like these weapons.”

Abalar looked at Jegora, and although he couldn’t see her face Jegora could imagine her questioning look. “Why’s that?” she asked, her voice laced with pain.

“Because I’m carrying the damn things, and they’re bloody heavy,” Jegora said.

Abalar snorted, and Jegora began to get a tad angry. He had just saved her, and Abalar was laughing at him. So much for being thankful.
Jegora Fal

Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  293
February 19, 2009 7:44:38 AM    View the profile of Jager 
It took the Sergeant half a magazine before he became aware that there was nothing to shoot at. The once admirable backyard had become little more then the sight of a massacre. The carcasses left behind by anyone unfortunate enough to have strayed into his sights littered the once green grass, fragments of the iconic white trooper armor were speckled with ominous crimson stains. Sporadic weapons fire still echoed from the front of the house, they still weren't out of the woods yet but it was a good start.

The steady flow of adrenaline still coursed through Jager's veins, giving his hands a slight tremor. He had been in more then enough fire fights during his time with the Corps to know what to expect. The initial high from the endorphin rush followed which gradually mellowed into a steady focus of adrenaline. The tremors arrived late often just as the adrenaline was leaving, which inevitably dropped him into a slump, but by this time they were usually on their way home so it never factored in to the list of problems. This time was different however, he was coming down far to quickly. He could hold out till the shuttle, he's performance would no-doubt take a hit, but what was he going to do.

Dropping away from the window where he had been positioned for the assault he took a deep breath, exhaling slowly in an attempt to steady his hands and regain some focus. The enemy were running by a very standard, if a bit primitive, playbook. The initial rush was a failure, but that was to be expected. The second wave seemed short-lived though the heavy loses from the first probably accounted for that. They had very few options left, either attempt a final push or pull back and await reinforcements. The constant weapons fire from the front of the house indicated that they were probably going to pull back, they knew that the Jester's were going to have to attempt an escape eventually and after two extensive waves their ammunition would be starting to dwindle. Which was the case with Jager. He had already chewed through the first magazine before he could even blink, and now the second was on its last hundred, which left him with only one. More then enough to punch a hole through any defensive line, but not enough for an additional assault.

"Luth, you still alive?" a voice queried of the comm channel,

Jager smirked tiredly, "If I said no, would you leave me be?". Rhetorical questions was all he could muster, though it didn't break from his conventional methods of communication.

"No" Angel replied flatly, "Jeg's going to attempt to re-enter the house through the backyard, watch your fire."

"No problem, bossman. Shit's deader then Jori's sexlife. Should be a walk in the park" An extended middle finger appearing through the remnants of a doorway that led to where Jori was positioned. With a quick tap on his Comm Jager attempted to raise Jeg.

"Jegora honey, are you coming home for dinner." he waited for a response, but got none. "Ohh, don't be like that."

"Sergeant Luth" A female voice responded over the Comm, catching him off guard. "This is Private Stone, We're coming in from the right. How does it look?"

Cautiously Jager lifted his head to survey the no-mans land. Not a soul, save the few unfortunate troopers who were only mortally wounded by the wall of shells that both Jori and Jager had thrown up. "Nah, You should be right to cross. Just... don't dawdle."

If there was going to be a third assault then chances are the hostile entities would use any chance they got, and what better chance then two slow moving targets as distraction. Jager of course had no qualms with cutting both Jeg and Stone down if it meant saving the rest of the squad, battlefield incidents were a tragedy but life would still go on... well, at least his would. Though he would at least hope that wouldn't be the case as he didn't have the bullets to spare.

"On the move," Jeg announced as he stepped out from behind the building on the right. They had at best guess a little over fifty meters to cross, without any viable cover until they reached an entry point, and seeing that Jeg was supporting Stone as she limped around it was going to be a very long fifty meters. Jager lifted his weapon and began to scan his line of fire for signs of movement. A heady smell of cigarette's began to fill his nostrils, a fact which confused him momentarily before he became aware that Snipes had taken up a position near him.

It was far to quiet, the first sign of impending trouble. The second was that it was going far to smoothly, nothing ever goes smoothly. The pair had roughly twenty meters to go before Jager's suspicions were confirmed. A series of shots from the house opposite Jager's positioned sent both Jegora and Stone to the ground. Jager replied with series of bursts at the houses windows and doorways but the moment he ceased another shot followed from the house to the left.

They pair had limped straight into an ambush, though whether it had been set for them or for when the squad decided to vacate the premises was a different question. Things were starting to go from bad to worse as the fire increased, the woeful inaccuracy of the potshots and the suppressing fire from Jager, Jori and occasionally Snipes kept the shots from getting to accurate.

It all seemed to be going well for a catastrophe until a familiar 'click' came from Jager's weapon.

"Oh, Jeg I think your numbers up." he mumbled to himself as he frantically began replacing the spent cartridge. Jegora noticed this too, becoming more and more obvious as the potshots began to increase in the accuracy department signified by several blaster shots searing a section of grass a few inches from his right thigh.

The fresh magazine clicked firmly into place, it was the sloppiest reload he had ever done but at least he could lay down enough fire to allow Jegora to cover the last few meters. Jegora however had other plans. Instead of waiting for a blanket of suppressing fire he had managed to half carry, half drag Stone the final distance, whilst under considerable fire and pull her inside the door that Snipes had taken a position in. It was possibly the single luckiest act that Jager had ever witnessed, that or it paid testament to how poorly trained their opposition were.

Jager shook his head in amazement at the two as Jeg helped the new trooper to some better cover deeper inside the house. A look that screamed 'I'm going to kill you' was smeared across his face, after all Jager did state twice that it was going to be easy then when the time came to lay down covering fire he instead was busy replacing the magazine. He had every right to be mad, but now was not the time to deal with such trivial matters.

It appeared that the hostiles ambush was premature and, in a moment of poor logic they had decided to try their luck with a third assault. Lady luck had been shining on the Jester so far, but she was a fickle bitch at best... and one known for leaving when you needed her the most.
Jester Squad
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3687
February 19, 2009 12:07:46 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes grunted, his helmet back in place since the shooting had started. A piled of spent casings and a still burning cigarette laying at his feet. He moved his foot slightly and squished the cigarette out. The fiasco had been of some use, at least. Now they knew where the enemy hid. Snipes felt like doing something about it.

“Jager, I think I’m going to go for a walk, mind the place for me?”

“Anything sweet. . .oh shit.”

Snipes turned back around, on the other side of the window, tearing past the opposing building were one of the enemy speeders. Fully covered tops, small turrets roaring at the side of the house, sending bits and pieces of it flying around the troopers, sending them all to the ground.

“Ah shit on a shingle.” Jager said, “Don’t suppose they’re here for the barbeque.”

“Eh, I’m sure we’ve got enough food to go around.” Snipes said, changing out his half finished magazine of FMJ rounds for his two-thirds full API magazine. “Why don’t we give them something to chew on?”

“That was hella corny.”

“Yeah, yeah, three.”

“Two”

“ONE!”

They both sprang into a crouched position, just high enough to see over the window. Jagers tyrant began to scream bloody murder at the enemy vessel. Snipes had to take his time, he couldn’t get a decent shot off, at least not at the engines, so he had to try for the driver. It seemed like ten minutes, but the space of a second as the speeder turned it’s attention back to their area and Snipes decided to screw precision. He squeezed the trigger again, again, and again. Letting bursts of armor piercing incendiaries rake across the cockpit area.

It was hard to tell which gun brought it down, but after a few terrifying moments of sustained fire and it began to list to the side, the front right repulsors failing, the front end dug into the dirt, spinning the whole vessel sideways. Snipes smiled, he had a shot on the engines. He didn’t hold back, he gave it a sustained spray, wasting far too many of his precious API rounds, but insuring that the vessel finally died, rolling onto it’s side, the bottom towards the Jesters.

“That one is my kill.” Jager said, his barrel red hot, clearly indignant.

“Oh hell no, all you did was distract it.”

“Like hell, you barely did anything! You probably still have most your magazine left.”

“Pfft, it’s all about where you shoot.”

“Whenever you two ladies are done, isn’t there something strange about this?”

Aeos, had at some point during the argument, shown up. Snipes took a second and looked at the pulverized yards, the dead speeder. Come to think of it there was something odd. Normally troops would be piling out of the thing, using it and using it as cover.

“Give me a minutes kids.” Snipes said, turning briskly and walking out of the room.

Snipes had a bad feeling. He exited the building on one side, used what was left of the fence on that side as a boost and made his way quickly onto the roof. He crouched low on the front side, using the darkness as cover and peered over the peek. He let his head fall against the roof in frustration. There was a line of very careful white bodies making their way towards the downed craft, careful to keep behind it and out of the Jesters view. Their white armor stood out in the darkness though, fools. Should have at least sent commandos against us. Then it might have been fair.

Snipes keyed his comm. “They’re using the damned thing as cover, advancing slowly. Don’t know what the hell their plan is after getting behind it, might try to overwhelm us, at that range quite a few should be able to make it into the house.”

“Sithspit.” Angel’s voice, “Anything you can do from up there.”

It couldn’t be seen, but the animalistic grin spread across the First Sergeants face, “I’ve got just the thing.”

Snipes pulled himself up to a crouch. He yanked briskly at one of the heads on his belt and the string holding it on broke, he pulled the tap off the mouth and the handle sprung out at him. He was nearly giggling, he grabbed the end of the cord and spun the decapitated head around his own, then tossed it, letting it fly with a holler.

The head spun, grotesquely graceful, towards its targets, and finally it landed with a couple bounces. From Snipes vantage point he could tell it was staring straight at one of them for a brief second before fire and blood filled his vision, coating what stormtroopers survived in bloody head bits.

“OH HELL YES!” Snipes said, jumping up in excitement, then quickly remembering himself and ducking down again just as a several shots from behind flew around him.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  255
February 22, 2009 5:04:01 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori had been reclining against a wall, when a steady thrum sounded. Because he was in the next room over, he didn’t immediately see what Jager and Snipes had saw, which were the speeders. So he was a bit confused when shots rang out from the next room. Reacting immediately, he ran over to the nearest window and peeked out with his gun held in front of him. Seeing nothing, he became a bit daring and leaned out more. All of the sudden, a shot hit the house to his right and he ducked back in. As he was moving, he had seen clearly what had made the shot. Enemy speeders had reached the house and were in the process of trying to blow Jester sky high. Rolling to the other side of the window, he crouched beneath it and slowly pointed his submachine gun out.

At this distance none of my shots will be accurate, so I won’t be able to shoot. Wait a minute. How could I be so stupid. This thing has a sniper attachment on it. I’ve never really had to use it, so that explains why I didn’t remember it.

Setting the butt of the gun against his shoulder, he set his feet against the ground in a steady stance and started fiddling with the gun. As small scope immediately popped up and the barrel extended out, Jori looked into the scope toward the speeder. He didn’t know who the attackers were until a white helmet poked out around the speeder.

Stormtroopers? They send stormtroopers to deal with us? Idiots…

Mentally shaking his head, Jori peered into the scope and aimed toward the vulnerable head and squeezed off a shot. He nearly laughed as another identical helmet popped up in the exact same place as the now deceased stormtrooper had been. Lining up the crosshairs, he again squeezed off a shot. His jaw dropped as another white helmet appeared in the same spot.

These guys just don’t learn.

But, before Jori could make the shot, the head ducked down.

Then again, maybe they do.

Waiting for another shot, he was disappointed when no opportunities presented themselves. Withdrawing the barrel, he backed away from the window and stood up. Half walking-half jogging, Jori made his way to the next room. Aeos and Jager standing near the window, taking potshots at the speeders.

“Wasn’t Snipes just here?” Jori questioned.

Aeos nodded and moved away from the window as an explosion rang out.

“In fact, I highly suspect that was his doing.” she said, looking dryly at the speeder, which was left in a smoking heap of twisted metal, charred armor, and flame-broiled flesh.

That was when the shooting started. Before, the stormtroopers were more focused on getting to cover behind the speeder. Now, their only cover was gone and they had nowhere to go except forward.

“Damn. I’m out of ammo.” Jager cursed, hitting the chain gun hard.

“There are only like twenty left. It won’t take long to finish them off.” Aeos said.

Jori shrugged and moved up to the window. As Jager began frantically searching for ammo, he began to pick off the stormtroopers.
Corporal Jori Lekrif
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

Post Number:  2859
February 23, 2009 1:58:35 PM    View the profile of Angel 
OOC:
Ok guys this has gotten a bit out of hand. There is no Imperial base on the planet, and the three squads + 1 noghri I had approaching the house at the start was the ENTIRE imperial force sent. They weren't expecting us to be there, so they only sent a small detachment to clean up after Frozt. From all the killing people have been doing, I put their number closer to 100. Let's try not making our enemies complete idiots who mindlessly walk into the line of fire and get massacred. If we kill them all, and you don't know what else to write, DONT just say OMG more troops! And blast away.

kk? Lesson for the future, let's just clean this mess up and get on with it.
PC-SL/SFC Angel/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Tadath/Vast Empire

Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

Post Number:  2865
February 26, 2009 11:05:21 PM    View the profile of Angel 
OOC:
This post will chronicle what Angel has been doing the entire time, as well as develop the plot a bit more. It starts before Bright's fight with the Noghri

"Angel, a little help here?" Bright said, the slightest hint of worry creeping into her voice. Her squad leader paused after a round from his StA-52 put a gaping hole in the chest of another stormtrooper. He made to swing his rifle around, but before he got a chance two stormtroopers broke through a window in the kitchen behind him. Cursing, he dropped his weapon and drew the vibroblade from his boot. Flipping it from his palm to his fingertips, he whirled and threw the blade at the first stormtrooper. The blade hit its mark, burying deep in the exposed neck of the trooper. He fell backwards into the other stormie, clutching at his throat and emitting a blood choked gurgle.
Finishing his spin, Angel drew his IR-5 and fired two rounds in each of the stormtroopers putting the first out of his misery before his severed carotid artery finished the job. Angel ended up facing back where Bright and the Noghri had been squaring off. He was shocked to find neither there, and a quick examination revealed that the fight had carried out into the yard. The assault through the backyard had settled, with no stormtroopers in sight.

Angel retrieved his discarded StA-52 and popped out the clip, grunting at the half-full magazine, he slammed it back in and chambered the next round. Bringing his weapon to bear, he let out a small gasp as he saw the Noghri's brutal attack. Bright had thrown a right roundhouse kick into the alien's side. The warrior took the brunt of the attack, but rather than absorb the blow he grabbed onto her leg and used the force to launch Brightstar off her feet. The sergeant flew through the air and impacted against the duracrete wall in the backyard. The sheer momentum of the cybernetically enhanced Jester toppled the structure. Dust and chunks of cement flew into the air obscuring Angel's view of the fight and the Noghri.

Cursing under his breath, he put his eye to the scope and tried desperately to draw a bead on the alien. As the air began to clear, the dark shadow of the Noghri could be seen searching the rubble for Brightstar. Putting his finger to the trigger, Angel exhaled smoothly to fire off a round. Movement to the Noghri's left drew its attention, and it darted off to meet the new threat before Angel could pull the trigger.

Sithspawn I hate these damn things

Before he could move to reacquire his target, the creak of floorboards behind him alerted Angel to the presence of someone else in the house. Activating his helmet's comlink, he called out "Kip, status report."

"Krelling same as last time, 1o minutes, maybe more." The agitated formed squad leader barked into the comlink. "If you quit interrupting me, it'd go fas...shit!" Kiption's voice was drowned out by the sound of blaster fire.

Dropping into a dead sprint, Angel cursed again under his breath. Somehow stormtroopers had gotten by him in the confusion with Brightstar. Slinging his StA-52, he drew his IR-5s as he darted up the stairs. He was greeted at the top of the stairs by a pair of blaster bolts crossing in front of his nose. Dropping like a rock by instinct, he ratted off a quick burst of rounds and managed to catch one of the assaulting troopers in the knees, sending him crashing to the floor with a scream. Another pair of bolts hit him square in the face, ending the pain. Gathering his feet once again Angel stopped outside the room Kip was in. He had just switched hands with the IR-5s, letting the one with more ammo be in his dominant right hand when a white-clad stormtrooper came flying out of the room. He hit the opposite wall with a bone-shattering crunch and slumped to the ground with a big black boot print on his chest.

Kip's head poked out of the room, complete with a look of disgust. "And stay out!" He spat at the trooper. "Krilling jerks almost shot up the terminals." Turning to Angel, he cocked an eyebrow and asked his squad leader "You boys and girls mind keeping the assholes out?"

"Sure thing." Angel snapped back, rolling his eyes behind the faceless expression of his helmet. The Jester SL left Kip to do his work and made his way back down the stairs towards the back porch. The unmistakable sound of Jager's Tyrant rail gun shredding through everything in it's path echoed through the ground floor so loudly even the acoustic dampeners in his helmet failed to filter it out.

“Hey boss, this is Abalar. I know how you’re busy and all, but I kinda have a problem as well. I’m in a one on one with the Noghri, and I have a downed trooper, probably our own, but I can’t be sure. May I request some assistance?” The newest member of the squad's voice filled Angel's helmet. Sighing at how much running he was having to do just for guarding a friggin house, he bolted once again for the back.

Before he could go three steps, however, blaster fire cut him off once again. Emperor's black bones, how are they getting in? The bolts originated from the basement, which puzzled Angel since there were no entrances to the basement except the stairs.

Opening his comlink once again, he called out to his ASL.

“Jegora, go get her,” he said tersely.

“Are you serious?” The ASL replied, obviously trying to keep the anger out of his voice.

Tossing a flash-bang grenade down the stairs to the basement, he fired blindly with his IR-5s as he dashed across the entrance. “Damn straight I’m serious,” Angel screamed over the continued roar of Jager's assault. “I’m not gonna let her buy the farm on this one. Get out there and bring her back!”

“I don’t even know where she is!” Jegora protested.

Not bothering with a reply, Angel just closed the connection and turned back to the matter at hand. It seemed the troops in the basement had rethought their hasty assault, probably as a result of the flash-bang still spotting their vision. Taking the brief respite in action, Angel tried to work things out in his head while he left a few surprises on the stairs. Drawing his only two frag grenades, he pulled out the standard issue repelling wire in the stormtrooper utility belt. Wedging the grenades into the doorjam, he tied one end to the pins of each grenade, then pulled the wire across the stairwell as a makeshift tripwire.

As he discarded the spent energy packs in his IR-5s, an eerie silence fell over the house. Pondering the silence, he noted the dull roar of Jager's weapon had died. "Luth, you still alive?" He asked over the comlink.

"If I said no, would you leave me be?" Came the always sarcastic reply.

Smirking to himself, Angel answered flatly, "No. Jeg's going to attempt to re-enter the house through the backyard, watch your fire."

"No problem, bossman. Shit's deader then Jori's sexlife. Should be a walk in the park"

A couple of muffled chuckles, Angel's included, filled the channel at the canny remark from the Sergeant. Focusing back on his current plight, he made his way across from the stairwell to the basement and overturned the living room table. Bringing his StA-52 off of it's sling, he rested the muzzle on the edge of the table and hunkered behind it. Putting his eye to the scope, he switched the sights to night-vision and waited. Jager's Tyrant had no sooner resumed it's intense howling when the bootsteps could be heard coming up the stairs. Shutting his sight eye from the inevitable flash of the frag grenades.

The bootsteps grew closer, followed by the inevitable sound of an anonymous bad guy screaming "What the...?" before the grenades exploded and ripped them to shreds. Screams and bodyparts filled the air, the latter hitting the ceiling with a wet "thwack", then raining down like candy from a childrens party favor. Opening his sighting eye again, Angel drew beads on the few survivors and fired three rounds, one in each stormtroopers head. Satisfied he had killed the men from the basement, he slung his StA again.

Snipes voice crackled through the comm before anything else could happen, “They’re using the damned thing as cover, advancing slowly. Don’t know what the hell their plan is after getting behind it, might try to overwhelm us, at that range quite a few should be able to make it into the house.”

"Sithspit.” Angel’s answered, “Anything you can do from up there.”

"I’ve got just the thing.” Came the reply. Angel knew Snipes well enough that the tone his long-time friend said those words with sent a shiver down his spine. I almost feel sorry for those sons of bitches... he said inwardly.

A few moments later bright light filled the room as explosions rocked the house. “OH HELL YES!” Snipes yelled over the comm. Movement to Angel's left almost drew a burst of blaster fire down on Brightstar as she limped into the room, one arm cradling her ribs.

"The...no...ghri...left." She wheezed. The pain in her voice was evident, and Angel could only surmise it was from the broken ribs. The constant injuries Bright suffered almost made Angel's constant trips to the medical ward seem routine.

"Kip, status." Angel called over the comm once more, knowing a rebuke was coming his way.

Instead, the gunny's head poked around the corner of the stairwell. "All done." He said, "I got everything on the terminals here, should take about a week to sift through."

"Well done." Angel replied. Opening the comlink to the entire squad he said "Jester, pull back and prepare to EVAC now. We're out the the back ASAP. Back to the speeders and away from this hellhole."

Six clicks came back in reply, acknowledging the orders.A

Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  299
February 27, 2009 5:30:19 AM    View the profile of Jager 
The garage where the bikes had been stored was nestled in an alley half a block down the street. A distance that wouldn't have mattered if it weren't for the two wounded troopers and an unknown number of hostile entities surrounding the house. Although after a handful of failed attempts to capture the house, their numbers had diminished significantly.

"Listen up. Jeg, you're point. Jori and Myself will help Stone and Bright. Ae cover kip" Angel delegated stoically, though it was clear that he'd had enough and was as eager to leave as much as anyone else.

"Just don't shot him like you did the last guy, k' " Jager added. Several of his squad mates slowly shook their heads. Angel didn't seem to happy about it either, his expression changing from one of calm indifference to one that resembled a vague disappointment.

"Jager, you're on rear."

The sergeant raised both his arms slightly in his defense, sarcastic remarks were a mainstay of his personality. Be it rain, sleet, snow or hostile fire you could always count on him dropping an observation or a quip. Angels choice on covering Kip was sound though, it seemed wrong for him to spend all that time retrieving the information for him to be killed before he had a chance to look at it.

The nine troopers formed a staggered formation in the room adjacent to the rear door. The floor was littered with the casings that Jager's tyrant had expelled, beginning with a small mountain of them next to the window and spreading. It was disappointing that he had used up all three magazines in the defense which effectively retired 'Misty' for the remainder of the operation. Placing the weapon, minus the magazine, on his back Jager retrieved the M4 which he had packed as backup. This wasn't a task for the revolver, its rather limited capacity and distinctly loud crack meant it was more trouble then it was worth.

"Looks clear, guess they've pulled back" Jeg chimed in over the comm's.

"Stay alert, but keep moving." Angel replied, signaling for the group to begin their half a block slug to their bikes. They moved in pairs of two after Jeg, two would move whilst the two remaining would cover them and so on until it reached Jager then the two in front of him would cover his advance. It was a very standard tactic, but effective. If they managed to keep a good pace the enemy wouldn't have time to counter it effectively, though by Jager's count they weren't prepared to mount  anything more then sporadic, inaccurate weapons fire.

A tap on the back signaled that the Jesters in front of him had all gone. In one fluid motion he moved upright and to the door, covering them on their advance. The backyard was bathed in an eerie glow from the fire that had was emanating from downed speeder. The amber glow reflecting of the white armor that adorned the scattered corpses. Distant shouts echoed across the quiet suburb as the squad continued on their advance. It was astonishing how silent the area had become. By now he figured that most of the civilian population in the area had taken cover in their homes, so it wasn't likely that they'd run into an curious onlookers whilst they made their escape.

Even with their slowed pace they managed to reach the garage in a little under fifteen minutes. The small plume of smoke from the speeder that rose up over the houses the only real indication of their presence. Jager took up a position in the alley with snipes covering the opposite approach as the others mounted their bikes. Both Bright and Stone had doubled up with Jegora and Angel respectively, they were in no real shape to be riding around solo.

Angel was the first out of the garage, his bike idling impatiently as the others mounted theirs.

"Move out one at a time, don't lag behind." Angel ordered. Jager understood the logic in such a move, but he still didn't like it. If all seven bikes were to leave the alley at once it would make an easy target for any attacker. Jager watched as one by one the Jester's left the alley.

Jori kicked his bike into action and had almost reached the street when the sounds of shouting followed by several poorly aimed shots flew by from the opposite end of the alley.

"Good Luck" Jori called as his speeder let out an ascending hum as it took off out of sight.

"Balls... Was wondering when they'd show up" Jager cursed Taking cover behind a large refuse bin. Immediately kicking himself for not taking covering in the garage as he now had to cross the small search parties narrow field of fire. Snipes fire a few shots towards the trio of troopers before reaching for one of the macabre, yet somewhat effective grenades that he had procured earlier.

"I throw, you move." he stated bluntly as the tape covering the grenade was removed.

Jager smirked, "I like it, effective yet to the point"

With a heave the Sergeant threw the farcical grenade towards the advancing troopers, scattering them. Jager wasted no time in dashing to the relative, if temporary safety of the garage. The idle hum of the speeder's engine kicked in as Snipes stomped down on the started. Jager mimicked the movement but with a very different result.

The bike gave a low grunt followed by a fluctuating hum which ended in silence.

"Emperors balls!" he cried in disbelief as he attempted to get the bike running again, but to no avail. By now the party of troopers that had discovered the two sergeants had found their spines and had begun a steady advance on the garage, their footsteps and murmured orders ringing crystal clear down the deserted alley. Jager's knowledge of bikes was limited at best, a fact which he didnt want to remember. He knew how to ride one, how to start a temperamental one and how to break one. But as he went through all the usual steps for starting a troublesome bike, making sure a cable just next to his right foot was properly connected, double checking that the fuel cell wasn't depleted, swearing at it before kicking it, it appeared as though he was running out of options.

"Stop fucking around. we've gotta go" he explained. Jager dismounted and gave the bike a quick yet powerful kick, swearing at the top of his lungs in frustration. Of all the things to happen, this had to be the worst.

"Just ride bitch with," the sergeant called giving a hard yank on his fellow squad mates shoulder. Again Jager cursed as he reverse mounted the bike, so as to get a clear shot at anyone following them. He had never rode in the 'bitch' seat on a bike before, the lack of control and his general mistrust of everyone and everything prevent such an action.

The bike shot out of the garage, sliding to a stop just before the opposite fence. The trio of hostiles all jumped back out of surprise, a surprise which quickly faded as the leader of the group started shouting for them to fire. Jager hastily reached back, retrieving the last head-come-hand grenade.

Ripping the tape off, the sergeant gave an extended middle finger to his opponents followed by a loud "Jester Squad, Motherfucker!" before throwing the makeshift grenade.

The trio dived for cover, giving the two sergeants plenty of time to escape, and before to long they were well clear of the house and its surrounding neighborhood. The plume of smoke again the only indication that they were ever there.
Jester Squad
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3700
February 28, 2009 12:20:41 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Stop flapping around, dammit!" Snipes yelled back.

Jager had been trying to steady himself for the past three miles and it was shaking the rear end of the bike. This was why Snipes hated passengers. Always screwed up the weight transfer and power to weight ratio of everything. The only time Snipes usually tolerated a passenger was when it was a cute girl with comfortable breasts that had to hold on to him. He vowed if Jager said anything resembling a comment about holding onto him Snipes was going to dump his ass in the field and make him run back to the shuttle.

Snipes twisted the accelerator down, he wasn't catching up with Jester, not by a long shot. The best he was managing was to stay the same distance. The grasslands outside of down were a musky brown color, although they came off as more of a gray in the oppresive dark. The only way Snipes could even make out the rest of the squad was by the bare handful of lighted dots signifying swoop engines. Snipes followed them faithfully, lacking any better idea what to do.

It was about the time he was getting ready to dump Jager because of his constant squirming that the blaster fire started. Not a lot of fire, just a bit. Snipes gritted his teeth. Locals must of picked up on the shuttle landing and investigated. Just at the wrong time of course. Snipes was running low on ammo and patience.

Then something beautiful happened. Something that only works at most every one in one hundred missions. A shuttle appeared, moving at insane speeds it swooped down in front of the leading Jesters, and with either expert skill or lady lucks grace they were able to hop into the shuttle, unfortunately Snipes was too far behind, they couldn't wait. The shuttle, after it's short pause, sped off again, circling above them.

"Shit, shit and more fuckin' shit!" Snipes yelled, annoyed at the way his helmet reverberated the yell back at him. "I'm going to kill the pilot, I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill everyone!" Snipes screamed it, gunning the accelerator as hard as he could, eking every bit of power out of the stressed engine he could.

The swoop shot forward remarkably, the engine pushed beyond it's limits, it was nearing melting point. Snipes cut a wide birth around whatever small force the local idiots had sent. He fired shots in the air, trying to tell the shuttle to turn the hell around and pick him up. Jager was confused, from his perch on the back, only being able to look to the rear he'd been slightly left out of the recent events.

"What the hell is going on?" Jager finally yelled.

"Asshats left us behind."

"Those Bastards."

Comm static followed by Angels voice reached over the comms "No we didn't, we're circling around, pick ya up in a jiffy, just don't get shot."

"Angel. You're an asshole." Snipes said blankly.

There was no reply, of course. Snipes kept the swoops engine screaming bloody murder, waiting for it to melt down on him. He was trying to fly a wide circle around the small number of men sent to the landing zone, but they seemed to be mounting up, preparing to give chase. Snipes was swearing a blue streak behind his helmet.

Then it happened again, the damned shuttle popped right in front of him, reaction dictated that he veer off course, and so he did. The shuttle stayed, thankfully, and he circled around again and managed to come parallel with it, however the position was not exactly ideal. The loading ramp was roughly next to Snipes head. He swore and made another pass.

"When we go by, you grab ramp! Got it!" He yelled quickly towards Jager as they approached the ramp. Jager nodded.

And so they went by it again, Snipes cut the throttle and he could feel the weight shift on the back, Jager didn't seem to get all the way off the bike, Snipes turned his head, arms were locked up, people coming to help, good enough. Snipes could make out Angel. He smiled, pulled his right hand off the handle bar and flipped his old friend off before returning the hand and gunning the accelerator, pulling the bike out from underneath Jager.

OOC:
Snipes is gone. Wish him farewell, for he should no longer be a Jester. He's freelance now.
{Comnet Hermit}
VE Smoker Association
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Jester Squad, PI  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:50:39 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 647  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >