Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Double Trouble (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Double Trouble (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1247
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Double Trouble (Paladin)
January 19, 2009 6:38:04 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan, Njall and Leon were on full alert as they started making their way through the ship.  Beneath his feet he could feel the hum of the engines as Requiem went through the pre-flight checks.

“Where are they” whispered Njall.

“Beats me” replied Leon.

“Cut the chatter” said Alan as he listened for any sign of movement.

He began to get irritable, they had come across no signs of rebels in the ship so far and whilst that was a good thing he knew they should be here and it bothered him that they had not found anyone.  Something’s not right here he thought to himself.

He got onto the com and said “Lucky, we’re all clear down here, you got anything on your side?”

“Negative” came her reply.

What the hell are the rebels up to pondered Alan.  Then a thought struck him and he didn’t like it one little bit but it was a distinct possibility.

Getting on the com he quickly barked “Requiem, kill the engines, do it now.  Lucky, meet us back in the cockpit”.

Alan was grateful when he felt the engines noises dying down as he raced back to the cockpit.  Lucky and the rest of her group were already there and waiting, wondering why they were still on this planet.

“What’s up?” asked Lucky when she saw Alan arrive at the cockpit.

“A hunch, and I hope I’m wrong” replied Alan, “Zeshaun, you and Zippy go check out the engines”.

Zeshaun and Zippy nodded and moved out to investigate the engines, even though they had no idea what it was they were looking for.

Zeshaun was the first one back and the look on his face told Alan that his hunch had been right.  He cursed himself for thinking that such a thing was possible, yet grateful that he had thought of it.

“I don’t know how you thought of it, but the engines are rigged with enough explosives to obliterate this ship completely” said Zeshaun.

“How did you know?” asked Requiem.

“It’s an old Corellian trick.  Fool the enemy into thinking they are hiding on their ship and force them to take off quickly, causing the ship to explode” said Alan.

“So there aren’t any rebels on board at all then” commented Leon.

“No, but there are some over there” said Zippy, pointing out the main viewport.

The squad looked and saw a large contingent of rebel soldiers descending on their position.  That’s not good thought Alan.

“This ship can fight, I say we use this ship and kick some rebel butt” commented Requiem.

“You want to stay on a booby trapped ship, riddled with explosives” said Zeshaun.

“Zeshaun’s right, we can’t stay here.  Any stray blast would mean the end of us” stated Lucky.

“So what’s the plan?” queried Zippy.

“We could always head back to the ship we just came from” said Alan.

“But it doesn’t fly” objected Zeshaun.

“No, but it does have a good cannon” stated Requiem.

“Right, let’s double time it back to the ship before the rebels get here” said Lucky.

With that, the squad started making their way as quickly as they could back to the ship, leaving behind the booby trapped ship.  The rebels were making good ground and soon it was a race to see who got to the ship first.

Zippy hit the door release and the ramp lowered and the squad started boarding the ship as blaster fire rained down on them.  Zippy clambered in last and raised the ramp.

“Requiem, you man the cannon” said Lucky.

Requiem was about to get to the cannon when a large explosion rocked the ship.  What the hell thought Alan.

“They’ve just taken out the cannon” commented Requiem.

Alan glanced out of one of the viewports to see the rebels set up a perimeter around the ship, some manning rocket launchers.  Well, this is fun he thought to himself.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  395
Total Posts:  896
January 19, 2009 8:40:39 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun scoffed at the idea of escaping, even though they had been so close mere moments ago. Now they were stuck with one shuttle rigged to blow, one shuttle that can't take off and has withering armor and no weapons, and surrounded by almost the same amount of rebels as before but this time half of them have rocket launchers. Just as I thought we had gotten out of the worst situation possible Zeshaun thought taking a breather by the ramp.

"Soo, what's the plan now." Leon said walking up and down the ship.

"Stop pacing, you're making me nervous." Zeshaun said. "but a good question nonetheless."

No one really had a good answer, they all sat for a moment, wondering if they would get out alive. A sudden rock made everyone jump, they had been hit again with another rocket. somebodies gotta do something Zeshaun stood up and walked to the front of the ramp. He was getting stares from everyone, as he moved his hand toward the button.

The ramp slowly opened up and Zeshaun set his rifle up to his shoulder, and held his finger millimeters above the trigger, he felt a slight bump on his arm and he saw Zippy now standing beside him rifle raised as well, soon everyone had taken a position somewhere infront of the ramp, front row kneeling, back row standing.

As the ramp opened up to reveal the squad set the rebels started to shift in their positions, becoming uneasy by the confident stand the stormtroopers were taking against unbeatable odds. Zeshaun opened fire as soon as he had a clear shot. He aimed for the rocket launchers since they would cause the most damage against the already weakening hull of the ship.

A whole row of rebels lay dead in front of the squad before the rebels reacted and started to return fire. Even though the Paladin's had a huge advantage in the beginning they couldn't withstand the solid wall of bolts coming their way. They all dove for cover, Zeshaun peaked out and saw that the claymores were still set up and it seemed the rebels had put them in the back of his mind.

"Alan, you still got the detonator for those things?" Zeshaun asked.

"You bet I do."

Alan reached into his belt pouches and came out with a small pad with one small button. He pressed it down with his thumb and held it down, running for cover as he did so. The rest of the squad ran back into the ship as quickly as they could. The explosion sent flames spewing through the opening of the ramp, even though the explosion was deafening the screams of dieing rebels as they burned and were thrown through the air.

"well that worked nicely." Alan said getting up from the ground.

Zeshaun's head was still ringing and he couldn't hear very well. He hobbled over to the opening of the ramp and placed his hand on the edge, but had to quickly retract his hand as the metal was still very hot from the explosion. I kinda feel bad for the rebels Zeshaun thought, checking to make sure he had no burns on his hands. He looks out and saw a mass of bodies on the ground most of them charred, others extremely far away.

Even with all those casualties, there were still more rebels than Paladin's outside the ship. They just never know when to quit Zeshaun thought, frustrated, he grabbed his rifle and put a shot through a rebels head who thought that they had been hidden behind some crates. Time to finish this off. Zeshaun thought.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1248
January 20, 2009 4:51:23 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Despite the successes the Paladin were having, they were still facing insurmountable odds.  Alan glanced over at Lucky and at the rest of the squad.  He could see it in their eyes that they thought the outlook was grim.  Well I always wanted to go down fighting, just never thought it would be this quick thought Alan.

Lucky nodded to the squad and they moved out from their covering position to open fire on the rebels and to potentially meet their end.  As he moved into the open, blasters raised, expecting an onslaught of blaster fire, his eyes widened as he witnessed the rebels completely ignoring them.  What the hell thought Alan.  A movement of blue caught his attention as it hurtled past his face, impacting one of the rebels.  A spark of electricity arched over the rebel, bringing him down quickly.

"What the hell was that?" asked Requiem.

"I believe that was a booma" replied Zippy.

Alan remembered now that it was a weapon utilised by the Gungans.  He didn't know how it worked or why all of a sudden there was one now, but he was grateful for it.

"Who through it?" queried Zeshaun.

"There" pointed Leon.

The squad looked over in the vicinity of where Leon was pointing and there were a group of Gungans, hurling booma's.  Alan was wondering who they were and what their agenda was when he suddenly recognised one of the lead Gungans.  It was the elderly slave Gungan that they had released.  The Gungan nodded at Alan and Alan smiled back.

"We have them on the ropes" said Lucky, "let's join in and take out these rebels".

Alan smiled, both blasters raised as the squad charged into the fray, weapons blaring.  The rebels caught between the Stormtroopers and the Gungans, unsure as to who to fight.

Now at least, the odds are a bit more even thought Alan as he brought down one of the rebels with a clean shot through his forehead.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1]

Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  152
Total Posts:  564
January 20, 2009 8:18:41 AM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy was all overjoyed. They finally got some reinforcements. As the squad continued to crush the remaining rebels, Zippy kept thinking of the other problem. How were they gonna get outta here after.

"Hey Alan, Zippy said. How the heck are we going to get out of here?"

"Well, there must be another hanger some where around here that has something flyable in it."

"I hope so, yelled Req. This fighting is really starting to get on my nerves."

"I agree, but there is still a  battle to be one here, so lets focus on that," Lucky said.

Zippy and the rest of the squad along with the Gungans continued to repel the Rebels. Zeshaun quickly maneuvered behind a pile of crates and threw a grenade. As it exploded, he noticed something. The rebels were pulling back.

"Lets hope that that is the rest of them, and that they are not pulling back for reinforcements," said Njall.

"So, now what do we do?"

"Try to find a way to get out of here. Did any body see another hanger on our way here."

"Yes, there is one not to far away from here near the main entrance," Zippy said.

"Good, but the key is getting there that's the problem."

Zippy and the rest of the squad continued navigating through the corridors, trying to find the other hanger.

"Uh oh, Zeshaun said. I think we've got some more company."

"Good thing these gungans are still here to help," yelled Alan.
Private Zippy9912
Paladin Squad
Army of the vast empire
TRP/PVT Zippy/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"You win some, you lose some, thats the way it goes."
"Embrace the darkness to bring about the light"-Paladin moto
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1251
January 20, 2009 12:58:44 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The Gungans joined the squad and soon they were a combined fighting force.  Alan sought out and was happy to see the leader of the Gungan army was still alive.

“Wesa have yousa to thank for freein ussin.  Wesa tinkin yousa in bombad trouble so wesa helping yousa” said the Gungan.

“You have our appreciation” said Alan, “you couldn’t have come at a better time”.

The rebels had backed off and it looked like they had decided they had met their match but Alan was disappointed when he realised that they were instead regrouping now that they knew what they were facing.

“Here they come” said Zeshaun.

True enough, the rebels had gathered together and were advancing on the squad and the Gungans.  Alan noticed that some of the Gungans activated energy shields which were deflecting the blaster bolts.  Wish I had one of those thought Alan to himself.

“Get ready” said Lucky.

Suddenly the hangar erupted in a frenzy of blaster bolts and booma’s.  Alan had both his blasters in his hands and was shooting them repeatedly.  He watched as his initial volley brought several rebels crashing down.

“Grenades!” shouted Leon.

True enough several grenades fell from the sky and landed in the amalgamation of the squad and the Gungans.  Alan needed no further warning as the squad scattered immediately, seconds before the grenades exploded.  Alan watched as several Gungans were thrown high into the air.  He hoped the leader wasn’t one of them.

That was close thought Alan as he realised that the grenades had separated them and he wondered whether that had been the intention of the rebels as they posed less of a threat separate rather than a combined force.

Several bolts flew over his head, narrowly missing him.  Alan dove to the ground and rolled his body around to locate who had fired on him.  He spotted two rebel soldiers and he quickly fired and brought them down.

I wonder how the rest of the squad are getting on pondered Alan.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  397
January 20, 2009 1:41:57 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun ended up having a grenade land right at his feet, he ran as fast as he could and then dove but the edge of the blast still caught him, propelling him, mid-dive, into a wall. Zeshaun rubbed his head and got to one knee, I'm really missing my helmet right now Zeshaun thought, making sure his head wasn't bleeding from the impact. He quickly snatched up his gun and started searching for his nearest target.

"Everyone alright?" Alan's voice crackled in over the commlink.

"I'm alright for now." Zeshaun said.

The rest of the squad answered in a similar fashion, most of them tied up in some kind of fire fight. Zeshaun took a position with 4 other gungans all armed with their strange bombas. Zeshaun was very interested in finding out how they worked but it was obvious that, at the moment, neither he nor the gungan had the time. He lined up a couple of shots and quickly snapped off 3 shots, two of them hitting their targets. The rebels seemed to have an annoying knack to adapt with their situation. How many times have we surprised them? Zeshaun thought, thinking back to all the clever plans and tricks they had tried to use on the large force but none of them completely finishing the job.

Now, with the help of the gungans, the odds were more even, and the fight was fairer. The rebels didn't gain much ground but they didn't give any up either. This is getting to be one hell of a fight Zeshaun thought, taking out another rebel soldier. Another grenade rolled over to the clump of gungans Zeshaun was fighting with, causing them all to scramble for cover. This time, Zeshaun got far enough away so that he could only feel the heat from the blast.

He quickly jumped up to his feet, and found himself standing alone, without any other squad members or gungans backing him up. better find someone to team up with Zeshaun thought, racing back to the main fighting force. He accidentally bumped into a gungan and noticed that it was the leader of the group good, he's still alive Zeshaun quickly turned on his heels and followed the leader.  Zeshaun fired, taking out a few of the rebels that were trying to take out the gungan leader.

"I thankin yousa," leader spun on his heels to face Zeshaun, making him jump a litle "Yousa savin my life again."

"No problem." Zeshaun said waving off the compliment.

The two of them continued to make their way around the battle field, if you could call it that, helping whomever was in need. As Zeshaun followed, he saw his squadmates leading small group of gungans and it seemed everyone was accounted for. That's good Zeshaun thought, feeling as if a heavy burden had been lifted off his chest.

The battle had been raging on for quite a while, leaving Zeshaun tired and sweating. He wiped his forehead with his sleeve and snapped off 4 more shots, only 1 of them hit their intended target. Damn, I can't keep this up forever Zeshaun thought, aiming more carefully this time, trying to make every shot count. As he raced around he bumped into Alan, who had sweat dripping down the side of his face as well. They nodded to each other and kept going in their own direction.

"Over dis way!" The umistakable voice of the gungan leader shouted "Wesa bringin da big guns!"

The path cleared and it showed the leader, leading a group of 5 gungans holding an E-web blaster. Well I'll be damned. Zeshaun thought smiling, They set it up in the middle of their formations and started firing away at the, still thick, rebel formations. The revealing of the E-web, caused the rebels to take a few steps back and take cover behind whatever they could find. Finally,  we're making them step back Zeshaun thought, swept up by the moment and moving dangerously forward.

In one fell swoop, 3 rockets, leaving trails of smoke behind them, came screeching in toward the E-web. The gungan crew quickly started to disassemble the turret but it was too late. The rockets converged on their position, sending the crew sky high, and pieces of the E-web rained down from the sky. Well so much for that Zeshaun thought quickly retreating to a safer position, as the rebels came out of hiding and started to attack in full force once again.

The ground they had gained with the help of the E-web was quickly retaken by the rebels and the two sides were once again at a standstill. Damn, just when I thought we were gonna win Zeshaun thought, taking cover behind a crate to reload his rifle.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH]

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  70
Total Posts:  75
January 20, 2009 3:28:49 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem placed his hand's over his head in haste and than dived behind 2 crate's as a large explosion rocked through the hangar. He than raised his forehead and than his eye's over the top of the crate and than ducked down as he saw a large piece of the E-web still gliding through the air arc past him and slam into the shuttle behind them. He than rolled forward and continued to fire with his primary blaster's snuggled in his palms.

well time to try something Requiem reached to his back and grabbed a throwing knife from inside his back pocket. He than slipped it down his rebel armor sleeve and than thought of what could go wrong if it went through with his plan. He ruffled his hair slowly and began to perfect the insane look he was coming up with for the plan at hand. okay, let's see Requiem lifted himself up off the ground in his laying down position.

He than pushed himself up and than raised his hand into the air, he got up and than began to walk towards the rebel's slowly. He slowly checked his wrist and made sure the throwing knife was in it's place for easy use. He looked back to his squad who looked at him in short stare's while trying to keep their face's forward. He than watched as 1 rebel began to walk towards him with his weapon raised.

" Get down ! " The rebel yelled as Requiem walked closer.

" Okay, okay. " Requiem said as he rolled his eyes.

Requiem followed orders and than slid tot he floor as he placed his kneecap onto the icy floor below him as to make sure he was following order's. The rebel lowered his weapon to Requiem's head and than placed the barrel over his cranium ready to fire but was waiting for his commander to give the word. Requiem stood in place ready for anything slowly bringing the knife up from his wrist to his hand.

" Sir. . .do I continue ? " that's the cue Requiem jumped from his place and sent his throwing knife into the rebel's chest. He than lifted up the rebel and used him as a shield while the rebel's in front of them both began to fire. [/i] so far so good [/i]

Requiem than pushed the body in front of him constantly as he grabbed his primary weapons and than placed them into his hand's. He began to fire upon the enemy with a new found vigor and noticed that they were halting because they were scared of killing a member that was already dead but they didn't have conformation on that subject.

Requiem smiled as he aimed into the side of the rebel pack. He than fired down and watched as soon they all lay in a crumpled heap against the ground.  He rotated on the spot and than took cover behind a small durasteel pillar which held up the catwalk of the large building. He smirked as he kicked the body off of his knife and sent it over to the rebel's themselves. He reached to his back and grabbed a small thermal detonator from his back and threw it at them.

The detonator exploded as it made impact into the gungan's on the rebel's side of the force. Large screams were heard as the booba's themselves that gungan's were using missed their target's and arced towards the rebel's protecting the gungan's in formation. Nice Requiem than reached to his back and grabbed his assault rifle. He reloaded the G-pack attached to the rifle and than fired it off into the paladin's main direction. sorry

Requiem than played himself inside the troop as a Rebel soldier and was amazed at how much they played him into their work. this is the best part of my day . Requiem wandered through the pack silently assassinating the stray member's of the pack with his throwing knives. He smiled as he saw Zeshaun figure out his plan and was amazed at how much the pack was thinning from behind their line. plank He remembered a small maneuver he learned in the academy which attacked from both side's.

Requiem than winced as a stray booba flew past his head  as a Gungan attacked him from afar. He didn't yell out so that he stayed hidden and slowly figured out that most of his squad didn't know what he was doing. He than followed back into the rebel troop and than continued attacking just hoping that his squad figured it out before they killed him themselves, and somehow he knew that it wasn't going to be as fast as he would have wanted it to be. Ahhh !! Bad idea Bad idea !

Requiem ducked down hard as an array of blaster bolt's singed his hair on the way through. He yelled over a what the hell as they than continued to fire at him from a distance. Requiem began a small movement of evasion and exhaled as Lu8cky and Alan began to hone in on his position once more after he was done his exotic evasion dance.

" Damn this guy is good " Lucky said aloud as she began to fire.

" I know what you mean " Alan replied as they continued to fire upon Requiem still not knowing it was him.

" Stop it !! " Requiem yelled out loud but was not heard over the loud attacks in the room.

Requiem ran over tot he side of the area and than took a sigh of relief as the bolt's pierced the other side of the pillar he took cover behind and smiled as he than tapped it to make sure it was strong enough to withhold the oncoming fire until Luck and Alan stopped their onslaught towards him. Requiem than sighed as he began to think about how this will end.

" I hope the gungan commander is okay. . . " Requiem asked aloud and than covered his mouth.

" What did you say rebel ? " As a rebel commander confronted him.

" Nothing ! Nothing at all. . .heh heh ? " Requiem replied as he than reached to his back.

The commander nodded and continued to bark out order's until he stifled and grabbed his chest. Requiem rushed over to the dead body as he than grabbed the throwing knife that was embedded in the spine of the commander and than wiped it off. He threw it into the crowd and smiled as he heard a stifle yelp from someone inside the pack.

" I'll get that back later. " Requiem said soon after as he continued to fire into the pack silently.
Lance Corporal -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA [IH]

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 20, 2009 3:36:07 PM)]
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 20, 2009 5:09:36 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1253
January 21, 2009 7:41:01 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan had joined forces with Lucky and were tracking down a very nimble rebel.  Alan let loose a volley of blaster bolts and was surprised to see the rebel managing to dodge the bolts.

"Damn this guy is good" Lucky said aloud as she began to fire.

"I know what you mean" replied Alan as they continued to fire upon the rebel, not realising that it was Requiem.

Several bolts suddenly flew towards Alan from their side causing them to slide to the ground.  Alan turned round to find out who it was that had fired on them.  They both fired back and soon brought down the attacking rebels.

Alan glanced back to see if he could locate the rebel that had evaded Lucky and himself.  He cursed silently as he could not locate him.  Damn, I hate it when they get away thought Alan as he sought out new targets to shoot at.

From the corner of his eye, he noticed a rebel with a different colour of armour on and seemingly barking out orders.  This guy must be one of the commanders thought Alan.  Alan tapped Lucky's shoulder and pointed.  She immediately noticed and nodded.  The noise of the battle causing verbal communication to be unreliable.

Alan's eyes widened as he noticed the rebel that had evaded them beside the commander.  I have you now thought Alan as he lined up a shot.  Seconds before he fired, he was shocked when he saw the commander crumple to the ground.  He looked more closely at the rebel and then smiled.  Damn it Requiem, you nearly got yourself killed he thought.

A creaking noise emanated around the battlefield causing the participants to look around.  That can't be good thought Alan as he wondered what orders the rebel commander had issued.  With the quieting of the battle, the comms was easier to hear.

The first thing Alan heard was Zeshaun's voice, "um guys, we got a problem".

"Look" said Lucky as she pointed.

Alan followed Lucky's hand to where she was pointing and gasped.

"What the hell is that thing?" asked Alan as he had never seen such a monstrosity before.

"I'm afraid it is a T1-B Hovertank, designed to take out infantry" said Requiem over the com.

"How do you know that?" asked Alan.

"I heard the commander issuing the order to bring it out" replied Requiem.

Great thought Alan it's designed to take out infantry and it has us in its sights
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA]

Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  159
January 21, 2009 8:08:32 AM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy was shocked. A T1-B Hovertank. Zippy knew that they were going to have to take it out, or at least dodge it until they figure out a way out of there. Zippy quickly ran around the tank, only to find that the tank had a rotating turret on the top.

"So how the heck are we going to get out of this one?" Asked Zeshaun.

"Well, we could always try to take it out, yelled Alan over the blasters from the tank. Any volunteers, or should I try to take it out with Lucky?"

"I'll do it," Zeshaun and Zippy said.

"Fine then, but do you guys have any theremal detonaters on you?" Asked Njall.

"Of Course we do, because how else did you think we were going to take out the tank?"

Zippy and Zeshaun ran towards the tank as fast as they could, but to no avail. Zippy had to role to the left and Zeshaun to the right. There was just no way they could get past the laser cannon on the top of the tank.

"There must be an easier way to kill this thing! Yelled Zippy. Maybe we can trick the tank somehow."

"How can we do that?"

"We could always try the bait and trick idea. When someone will distract the tank, and the other will try to destroy it."

"Good plan, and since its your plan, you are the bait!"

"Fine, just make it quick in destroying that thing," Leon yelled out.

"Also, don't blow yourselves up in the process," said Lucky.

Zippy and Zeshaun Maneuvered as best they could around the tank to get into position.

"Alright, here I go!" Zippy said, running towards the tank.
Private Zippy9912
Paladin Squad
Army of the vast empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1255
January 21, 2009 12:19:59 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as Zeshaun and Zippy moved towards the tank.  The Gungans were trying to keep the rebels busy whilst the squad tackled the tank.  Alan was grateful for that as trying to take out the tank whilst avoid getting shot by the rebels would have been very tricky.

The squad started firing repeatedly at the tank but their bolts were being deflected by the tanks shielding.  Alan knew that their weapons were insignificant had the shields not been there but he still wished its shields were down.

Zippy approached the tank to the left and Zeshaun to the right, the tank seemingly not interested in them as it was trying to blast the squad which Alan didn’t appreciate.  The squad had to quickly disperse as the tanks cannons began firing in their direction.

From his position, Alan watched as the grenades were thrown at the tank.  Two explosions rocked the tank, making Alan smile.  His smile soon diminished as the tank rolled on through the explosions, its shields fluctuated during the explosions but held.

Zippy and Zeshaun looked on in amazement as the tanks shields seemed to absorb the explosions with minimal damage.  Lucky waved at them to return to the squad as she didn’t want them to get foolhardy on them.  A new plan had to be devised.

“Damn” cursed Alan.

“Now what?” asked Zeshaun as he returned to the squad.

“We could keep hitting it with grenades” suggested Zippy.

“We could” replied Leon, “but it’s going to take a lot more grenades than we probably have combined”.

“What about the rebel’s rocket launchers” commented Alan.

“Nice plan” said Lucky.

“Yeah” said Zeshaun, “if we acquire some rocket launchers from the rebels, then we could bombard the tank with them”.

“That should take care of the shields and then we either finish it with the rockets or if we have run out of those, I’m sure we can finish it off with grenades” added Njall.

“Let’s get to work” said Lucky.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA]

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited January 21, 2009 12:22:41 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  403
January 21, 2009 2:02:56 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Before Lucky even finished issuing her order, Zeshaun had started to run off, looking for anyone with a rocket launcher. There ton's of 'em before, can't be too hard to find Zeshaun weaved in and out of the gungans, who were still holding their own on the "battle field" and were covering nicely while the Paladin's tried to search for the rocket launchers. Those gungans aren't gonna last long against that tank though, better hurry. Zeshaun thought as he ran around, searching desperately.

As he ran he accidentally ran into a group of rebels who happened to be trying to go around there far left flank, Zeshaun quickly back pedaled to a safer position and then opened fire on the advancing squad. don't have time for this Zeshaun thought impatiently, counting the seconds go by in his head. He decided to just got with his one shotgun shot, to speed things up. The tightly knit squad of rebels that had been advancing was torn apart from the spray of bolts Zeshaun's shotgun let out. He quickly stood and ran again, heading backwards toward the ship to see if the rebels had left any on the ground.

"Zesh, how's it going?" Alan's voice asked.

"Haven't found one yet." Zeshaun replied.

"scratch that." Zeshaun quickly made an amendment to his statement.

He came across a rocket launcher that had been wedged between the ground and the ramp, it'll have to do. Zeshaun thought, lifting the ramp and pulling the rocket launcher free, it was slightly dented and had tons of scratches but it seemed to be in working order. Zeshaun checked the ammunition and found 3 rockets were still loaded. Perfect Zeshaun got to start running back to meet up with the squad when he realized that he didn't know where to find them. damn, i knew I shoulda stayed till the end of Lucky's orders Zeshaun thought, searching the crowd to try and find his squad mates.

"Can anyone tell me there current position?" Zeshaun asked meekly.

Alan gave him quick instructions, and Zeshaun ran off. In a couple of minutes he found the squad assembled, squatting behind some crates, so that the tank could not single them out. Lucky and Alan both explained their attack plan, quickly. 5 people would fire at the tank's shields, hopefully it was enough to take them out. The other 3 would wait till the shields were down and then fire quickly at the tank, hoping to at least cripple it. After that everyone keeps firing until they either run out of rockets or the tank is destroyed. Lucky would give the order to fire.

"Ready, Fi-"Lucky was cut off by the explosion of the crates that they had been hiding behind.

Oh damn Zeshaun thought, shielding his face with his arms from the millions of little splinters that came flying out. Zeshaun ran from his position, not really knowing he was going, all he knew was that he had to get away from that tank. When Zeshaun stopped running, he couldn't find any of the paladin's around him. The tank seemed satisfied and went out to find another target.

"Alan, Lucky you there?" Zeshaun asked through the commlink.

All he heard was static, they're jamming us? how? Zeshaun thought. He searched but couldn't find any antennas or dishes that could be used to be jamming their commlinks. Weird Zeshaun ran back toward their original position, still holding tightly to his rocket launcher. He crouched by the now scorched, and splintered crates, but found no one around. Why couldn't the tank have seen us 10 seconds later. Zeshaun thought shaking his head in shock and disbelief.

"Zeshaun!" Zeshaun looked up to see who was yelling his name.

Lucky was waving towards him, she was with Alan hiding behind another set of crates, a larger stack this time. Zeshaun scurried over to their position and crouched down. There was no one else there yet but it seemed Lucky was working toward getting them altogether again.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA]

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  71
January 21, 2009 4:14:09 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem slowly cascaded around the large pack of rebel's which marched forward into the large area and began to attack Lucky and Alan endlessly seems they been had. Requiem watched as Zeshaun than ran over him his tattered hiding spot and than stood their casually looking through their hiding place at the trampling rebel's who walked endlessly into the Foliage. Requiem gave them all a look and waved them away from that spot and was surprised when they beckoned for him to go over towards them.

Requiem casually shook his head and gave his squad a light look and than pointed upwards, he casually angled his finger towards the commander who continually said ' if you break rank's you will be killed on sight ' and other annoying rambling's which told of honor and vigilance which Requiem thought was pure rubbish because of what the rebel's have done in the past. Requiem was so angry from his rant that he could of killed him in front of everyone himself.

He was amazed as a large booba flew towards the commander and pierced through his chest. He laughed hard and than covered his mouth as he saw a rebel to his right give him a hard glare. He than opened his mouth to yell but he released a sound as Requiem stabbed hi throwing knife straight into his neck. He than casually dropped him and wiped off his knife silently trying to hide what he had done.

" Requiem ! " Was all he heard through the comlink which seemed to be Lucky. Requiem shook it off and continued.

" Get over HERE ! " Lucky continued as she began to wave endlessly at him wondering if he didn't hear.

He didn't respond and continued to march forward. He than slowly began to walk sideways and than disappeared behind a large pile of crate's and than stood in front of them with his eye's glaring at them in aggravation. He than placed his arm onto a crate and than flinched as the crate slipped off the other and crashed to the floor clearly showing him only and the rest of the squad hidden behind the 3 that were left.

" Waaaht ? You guy's do know i could of been killed on sight ? " He blurted out purely angry that his life could of ended in the last 10 minutes.

" Yeah Yeah, now. . . we're getting the rest of the squad member's over here you have any idea's ? " Lucky asked sop desperate to get this out of their way.

" Yeah Yeah hold on a sec, " Requiem slowly ran from the place and looked back to see Lucky with her hand out wishing for him to come back.

He waved her hand down and than ran towards the large tank he walked to the front of it and began to wave. The tank slowly looked at him and noticed his attire and began to stop it's engine. He than watched as the shield stopped and it was wide open for attack. Requiem than slowly climbed up the side of the tank and than entered inside through the main hatch. easy as pie

Requiem than jumped down and grabbed his throwing knives from his side. He than walked into the cock pit and than threw them down into the spine of the 2 pilot's of the large tank. He than grabbed the collars of the 2 pilot's and than dragged them to the back of the T1-B Hovertank and stashed them in the back. he than walked to the cockpit and than sat in their spot. he than activated the shields and than aimed the barrel towards the rebel's.

Requiem slowly waved to Lucky as she was hiding behind the crate's and waved. He than aimed down toward the rebel's and than fired down toward the rebel's it cascaded down into the rebel group and watched at least half of the large group the commander looked at him angrily and began to point. Requiem waved his hand's and than showed that it was an accident and smiled as the commander gave him a sneer and a look and than took down the order.

Requiem than continued to fire down at the gungan's making sure that he was never hitting them and occasionally firing at the rebel's on ' his side ' . He than looked around and waited for his squad to the travel toward him and get into the tank but wondering if they would ever get towards him Where are you guy's ?? I have a tank ?? Oh whatever.

Requiem than aimed toward the rebel's and set the tank to roll in their direction. He than walked to the tank's main hatch and walked out of it as he than reached to his side. He grabbed the small deflector shield from the last mission and than threw it at the shield at a large distance If I overload the shield with enough power than I could probably get enough power to destroy it

Requiem watched as the shield  slowly deflected it and than overloaded as it fully activated. The entire shield reverberated and than exploded as the tank's side exploded into shrapnel with penetrated the rebel troops Paladin 1 Rebel's 0
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA [IH]

[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 21, 2009 4:19:21 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1256
January 21, 2009 6:46:55 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was relieved to see the destruction of the tank.  It had seemed like a difficult assignment, yet Requiem had just waltzed in and destroyed it in a matter of minutes.  He began to wonder for a second whether Requiem was secretly a rebel as he was in their ranks and the tank had given him access so easily.  He shook his head, dismissing such a crazy notion.

“Let’s finish this” said Lucky as the squad assembled around her.

Alan looked over at the dwindling group of rebels.  The Gungans had done an admirable work at keeping them at bay but only together could they succeed in bringing down this rebel stronghold once and for all.  With the destruction of the tank, Alan sensed the fight had gone out of the rebels.  They looked unsure and for once, since the start of the battle, Alan could sense victory was now in their grasp.

“Fall back” shouted one of the rebels.

The rebels started running through the courtyard with the Gungans hotly in pursuit.  Lucky waved the squad on and soon everyone was chasing after the fleeing rebels.  The rebels that were too slow never stood a chance.

Alan watched as the rebels fled into the last remaining building.  We have them now thought Alan.  A flash of light suddenly brought the squad’s reverie to an end as they immediately halted.  An advancing Gungan had suddenly just disappeared.

“What the hell” said Njall.

Alan picked up a rock and tossed it at the building.  Another flash of light and the rock disappeared.

“Seems to be some form of energy field” said Zeshaun.

“Yeah, but one I’ve never seen before, I mean the Gungan. he just disappeared” said Zippy.

Alan could hear the nervousness in the new kid’s voice.  He had never heard of or seen any kind of shielding technology like this before and knew that the tech boffins back on Tadath would be overjoyed if they got this kind of technology but right now they needed to find some way to circumvent it.

The Gungan leader stepped over to Alan and said “thissin bombad majic, wesin takin no further involvement, wesa wishin yousa da best”.

Alan nodded to the Gungan and replied “thank you for all of your assistance”.

The Gungans eye stalks blinked once and then he walked away, the rest of the Gungans following suit.  Alan watched them go thinking to himself I’m sorry to see them go but I wish them all the best.

“So, what’s the plan?” asked Requiem.

“We get this shield turned off first” replied Lucky.

“You heard her, let’s make it happen” said Alan, even though right now he didn’t have a clue as to how to achieve it.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  404
January 21, 2009 7:30:53 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
I'm gonna miss those guys Zeshaun thought watching teh gungans slink away, hoping to leave the base without any more trouble. But they're right, this is some strange "magic" Zeshaun thought, looking at the shield that was not visible but still there. The squad just kind of sat there, no idea what to do, for once on this mission, they were at a complete loss. The squad waited, on the perimeter of the shield, Zeshaun swore he saw a rebel laughing at them from one of the windows, This is more than frustrating[/] Zeshaun thought, picking up pepples and throwing them at the shield to watch them vaporize.

"So, anyone wanna do something?" Zippy asked a little jumpy, probably from having done nothing for so long.

"Well if have an idea, by all means, please share it with us." Njall said.

Zippy just sat back down, Zeshaun figured that the best thing they could do was to just walk around the perimeter of the base and try to find some way in. [i]The rebels got in, so why can't we
Zeshaun thought. They split into two groups and walked off in opposite directions.

Zippy, Zeshaun, Alan, and Leon walked toward the right side of the base. Lucky, Requiem, Njall, and Nick went to the left, both groups weren't expecting much but it was better than just sitting around, waiting for the shield to come down by itself.

As they turned a corner, Alan quickly held out his hand, motioning everyone to be quiet, Zeshaun stood, not sure what to do, they were standing in the middle of the field outside of the base, on the perimeter of the shield. Zeshaun could see a couple of rebel soldiers coming from outside of the shield. They stopped once at the shield and then walked right through What the hell? Zeshaun thought, confused and a little annoyed that they could get through so easily.

"Looks like we'll have to capture one of the rebels and just force them to tell us their secret." Alan said.

"Easier said than done,"Zeshaun said "Most of them are probably inside the shield already."

Alan grimaced, that was true, they would have to hurry if they were to find anyone still outside the base. Alan quickly told Lucky to hurry and search for any rebel outside of the base. Alan jogged down the side of the base, searching for anything that could mean that a rebel was still around. After such a large battle, the place seemed too empty. I don't like being in such an open space. Zeshaun thought, looking outwards towards the vast fields that surrounded the base.

"Look!" Zippy said excitedly.

A small personal shuttle had just landed in one of the hangars, and two guards quickly exited, obviously searching for any dangers that may threaten who or what ever they were guarding. A few minutes later a rebel officer stepped down from the shuttle, in a hurry. probably itching to get inside that stupid shield. Zeshaun thought, quickly grabbing hold of his rifle in case he needed to shoot the officer quickly.

"Let's move in." Alan said.

Thankfully we're not in our armor. Zeshaun thought, seeing himself blend in a little with the tall grass. They watched the shuttle quickly take off after the three rebels had safely gotten off, they started to make their way toward the base at a quick trot.

"Don't let them get to that base" Alan growled.

The four of them ran as fast as possible while still staying hidden, If we don't catch these guys, I think it's safe to assume that it'd be easier to destroy this base by just calling in a fleet of star destroyers and pounding the life out of the city. Zeshaun thought.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1259
January 22, 2009 7:30:35 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad were in hot pursuit of the rebels. They desperately hoped that they got to them before they entered the safety of the shield. It looked like they were the last of the rebels and if they failed to intercept them then the mission could come to a swift end.

A booming noise broke the silence of the battlefield that was littered with dead bodies. The rebels stopped their advancement on the structure and glanced up, one of them smiled. It caught the Paladin squad off guard and they too glanced up to see what had caused the noise. They noticed that the roof had opened and a large cannon was sticking out of the opening. A large boom went off again as a large blast erupted from the cannon. Who the hell are they firing at thought Alan, and then his heart sank as he realised what the answer was. Oh no, it's the Gungans.

"What are you waiting for" said Lucky, "let's move".

True enough, the rebels had resumed their movement towards the structure whilst the squad had remained still. They started running, trying to catch up the lost ground, hoping that the rebels didn't notice their swift advance. Their hopes were not granted.

One of the rebels glanced around and noticed the squad running towards them. They had obviously been told of Imperials dressed as rebels as they wasted no time in breaking out into a run, firing blindly behind them.

Despite their random shots, the squad still had to evade some of the shots which slowed them down somewhat. Alan knew that with every evasive measure, they were losing more and more ground to the rebels, and they were nearly at the shield.

To hell with all this running thought Alan as he veered left. Stopping he grabbed one of the blasters and lined up a shot. It was not going to be an easy one because of the distance but he had been doing a lot of practicing with long range shooting and he was quite a good shot, besides which, what did he have to lose.

Alan fired a shot which went wild of its mark. Alan cursed himself, realising that he hadn't calculated all of the variables. He lined up another shot and fired. One of the rebels screamed and collapsed to the ground, clutching his ankle. The other rebels entered the shield and looked down at their fallen comrade. They started to make a move to assist him.

"Don't let them get anywhere near him!" shouted Lucky.

The squad soon kneeled down and opened fire repeatedly. Although their shots were impacted on the shield, it was not causing the rebels any problems. However, it prevented them from getting to their colleague. Zippy and Zeshaun rushed over to the fallen rebel and dragged him back as the rest of the squad laid down covering fire.

Bringing the rebel to safety Zeshaun started to question him as to how they got through the shield. The rebel shook his head defiantly but Zeshaun persisted.

"This is getting us nowhere" said Zippy.

"I've had enough of this, talk now or suffer the consequence" said Alan as he grabbed one of his blasters from his hip.

"Do you really think you can intimidate me" said the rebel.

"I don't care anymore" said Alan, "either talk or die".

Alan fired a shot into the rebels other leg, causing him to cry out. He now clutched both legs, his face grimacing in pain.

"Stop!" screamed the rebel.

"You ready to talk now, or do I need to fire again" stated Alan.

"If I talk you will just kill me" said the rebel.

"Maybe, but maybe I will let you live" replied Alan.

The rebel looked into Alan's eyes and knew that if he didn't talk then he would just be shot over and over again.

"Alright" said the rebel, bringing out a small device, "press this button, it will cause the shield to break its cohesion, keep it pressed until you are through and then release and the shield will resume to normal".

"Thank you" said Alan as he took the device and held his blaster up to the man's head.

"Wait" cried out the rebel, "you said you'd let me live".

"I said maybe" replied Alan as he fired his blaster point blank into the man's forehead, "then again, maybe not".

The squad looked on as Alan tossed the device over to Lucky. She looked over it, satisfied with its operation.

"Alright people" said Lucky, "our priority right now is to stop that cannon from firing. Presumably it is targeting the Gungans that helped us and that is not acceptable. Once the cannon has been stopped then we can finish off these rebels".

"Alright people, you heard her, let's move out" said Alan.

With that the squad started moving briskly towards the shield. I wonder who will be welcoming us in pondered Alan.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited January 22, 2009 7:35:34 AM)]
Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  174
January 22, 2009 2:10:49 PM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy ran as fast as he could to get behind cover and start firing at the cannon. To no avail, his blaster shots just had no affect!

"Damn it, this thing is really starting to tick me off!, Zippy yelled out as he kept on firing. Can someone go and blow that thing up, because I can't."

"Hey, someone get over there and get those gungans out the blast radius of that cannon, so I can get in there and set these theremal detonaters!"

"I"m on it! Yelles Zeshaun as he ran and evacuated the Gunagns. All clear, you're all good Req."

"Thanks."

Req quickly moved in to wear the cannon was, while the rest of the squad ran to get behind cover.

"Lets hope this works!" Njall yelled out.

"Everybody get down!" Alan Yelled to the rest of the squad.

The cannon then blew up into tons of shrapnal, and they then checked to see if the gungans were ok.

"Alright, most of the gungans seem to be ok, so lets head out team," Lucky ordered.

As the squad moved onward toward the shield. Zippy kept thinking about how many times they had come to losing there mission. Not toatally aware that they had reached the shields, Zippy bumped into Zeshaun.

"Watch were you're going!" Yelled out Zeshaun.

"Sorry about that, just thinking about how many times we've come to failing."

"I know, but we have to focus on getting these shields down first. Lucky, should we push the button on that device, or are we going to wait for the rebels to come out and greet us?"

"Well, I'm going to push the button, but i'm just looking around at the surroundings."

Just as she spoke, the rebels started pooring out of the shield.

"Well, I told you we shoud have deactivated the shields, but no, you wanted to look at the surrounding."

"Just stay on your toes, yelled Alan. This is going to be a tough fight!"
Private Zippy
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the vast empire
[This message has been edited by Zippy (edited January 22, 2009 2:38:51 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  406
January 22, 2009 2:30:07 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun Walked through the body sized hole that the small buttoned produced when Lucky pressed it, they quickly ran to the building Maybe those rebels won't tell the others about us. Zeshaun thought optimistically, knowing that the exact opposite was probably the reality. Hopefully, they aren't waiting to just mow us down. Zeshaun thought, less optimistically, as they walked up to a door. Lucky motioned for Zeshaun to smash down the door. He steps back a little, takes a running start and slams his shoulder into the door, knocking him on his ass. Zeshaun stood up, rubbing his shoulder.

"Having some trouble there?" Alan said smiling.

Zeshaun just grimaced and nodded, he tried again but this time Zippy accompanied him in knocking down the door. After two hits, the door, smashed in, causing Zeshaun to trip and fall through the doorway. Luckily there were no rebels, waiting for them yet, but Zeshaun still quickly got up and put one hand on his blaster. Well that was subtle The rest of the squad, quickly filed in, and filled the rather narrow hallway.

"Which way?" Leon asked, looking down both ways.

Lucky decided to go right, it seemed that at the end of that side, another hallway led farther into the base, hopefully to where the cannon was located. They all jogged off down the hallway, keeping their eyes and ears alert for any sign of rebels. The base seemed unusually quiet, for a place that should be full of all the remaining rebels. We didn't kill that many rebels Zeshaun thought, almost searching for some sign of life other than themselves.

They turned a corner and arrived at, what seemed to be the main room of the base. It was very big, and had more than 5 corridors leading to the room. Which way to the cannon Zeshaun thought, trying to look down all the corridors for some kind of clue. A sudden explosion, made Zeshaun jump and fall to the ground.

"What the hell was that?" Alan asked, getting up from behind a couch.

Zippy pointed down one of the hallways. It seemed that the walls were blackened and some little flames could still be seen. They've rigged the place with explosives, they must all be hiding in one area Zeshaun looked more carefully and could see the trip wires that were set in the hallways. Wow, glad we didn't go running down those hallways. Zeshaun thought but what set them off Zeshaun squinted his eyes, hoping that he could somehow pick up some small detail that he had missed before, but he couldn't.

"Looks like we can't go down those halls, and it will take too long to deactivate even one hallway's worth of trip wires." Lucky said. "I guess we'll just go back the way we came and go down the other hallway."

They retraced their steps, running down each hallway until they were back at the door. Lucky led them down the other hallways and when they turned the corner, they walked right into a small patrol group of rebels. Oh hell Zeshaun stood in shock for a moment before quickly taking cover behind the corner.

"Don't let a single one lay a hand on their commlinks!" Lucky yelled.

They all swung out from behind the corner, and started to fill the hallway with their laser bolts. The rebels started to fall, hitting the ground with thumps. In a matter of minutes all four of the rebels had fallen to the ground. Looks like we saved ourselves Zeshaun thought. A sudden claxon alarm went off Or not

"Quick just go!" Lucky shouted, running down the hall.

Zeshaun followed Alan and Njall who were already right behind Lucky down the hallway. We were doing such a good job of staying hidden too Zeshaun thought, making sure he had a good hold on his rifle, making sure he was ready to shoot when he had too.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited January 22, 2009 2:34:57 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1261
January 23, 2009 2:50:44 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The main cannon from the building let off another boom and Alan knew the Gungans must be taking some heavy fire.  Before they could get to the shield, a smaller cannon raised out of the ground.  Damn defences thought Alan.

Zeshaun cleared out some of the wandering Gungans that had not evacuated along with the main group whilst Requiem set charges.  In no time at all the cannon had been destroyed.

Lucky pondered, looking around at her surroundings before pressing the button to enter the shield.  Too late, a group of rebels started to exit the shield.  Alan thought they were in for a fight, but instead they took in the surroundings, the destruction of the cannon, the squad advancing and retreated into the shield.

The squad wasted no time at all in getting through the shield, and Zippy and Zeshaun had the front door crashing down.  Alan wasn't happy with the lack of a welcoming committee, even though he wasn't relishing meeting any.

They patrolled the corridors and only came across a small band of rebels who they disposed of without any problems.  They soon discovered that the halls were all rigged with explosives which made Alan very uneasy.

"Looks like all the corridors lead to one main room" commented Zeshaun after they had done some scouting.

"Then that’s where the rebels will be" said Zippy.

"I think its time we paid them a visit" said Lucky.

"I knew you'd say that" replied Alan as he got both his blasters in his hands.

They stormed the door to the main room and immediately become uneasy when they saw the lack of rebels.  In fact the room was completely empty bar a control console in the middle.

"Where the hell are they?" queried Leon.

"Beats me" said Requiem, "but it looks like these are the controls for the cannon".

"Get to work Req, stop that cannon" said Lucky.

Requiem went to work at the control console as another explosion rocked the base.

"Sounds like another corridor got destroyed" commented Zeshaun.

"I don't like it" said Zippy.

"Neither do I Private, but we've got a job to do" commented Lucky.

Another explosion, and then another as the squad looking around nervously.

"Req, how are you getting on?" queried Alan

"Nearly done" said Requiem as he worked feverishly at the console.

The cannon above their heads stopped but more explosions rocked the base as corridor after corridor exploded.

"Let's get out of here now!" ordered Lucky.

Too late, the explosions from the corridors had set them on fire.  The squad looked on helplessly as all the corridors leading away from the main room were ablaze.  They were trapped and it was only a matter of time before the fire consumed the room.  Black smoke started to fill the room and without their helmets they would probably be dead soon from smoke inhalation rather than being burned alive.

Well at least the Gungans are safe thought Alan as he wondered where the rebels had gone.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  410
January 23, 2009 2:19:03 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun covered his mouth and nose with his hand and gave up on using his rifle, finding that it was rather hard to aim and fire using only one hand. He snatched up one of his machine pistols and started searching for a way out. Zeshaun looked up at the cannon, and then back at the controls. It's worth a try Zeshaun thought, thinking over his idea. Zeshaun quickly started taping of the controls of the cannon, withdrawing it to the inside of the building. The opening in the ceiling cleared the room of some smoke but it closed up again and the room started to fill again. When the cannon had docked down on the ground level, Zeshaun quickly stepped onto the small platform that was attached to the cannon to lift it. Alan, and Lucky both got the drift of Zeshaun's idea and ushered everyone onto the small platform. They were nearly on top of each other but they managed to stay on without falling off, as the platform lurched upwards toward the opening that was forming in the ceiling.

When Zeshaun's head, rose above the room, he took his hand away from his face and took in a deep breath of fresh air. I hate smoke Zeshaun thought as he took a couple more deep breaths, trying to get the smokey flavor out of his mouth.

"Quick thinking Zesh." Alan said after taking a few deep breaths himself.

Zeshaun just nodded, still a little short of breath but feeling better. The only problem with the plan was that they were now stuck on top of the base, and it was a good 100 feet down to the ground. The only way down would be back into the room, which would probably soon be blazing. And if we don't hurry the roof will collapse and we'll end up in the room again Zeshaun thought, looking over the edges, the halls that lead away from their position, looked as if they were about to crumble as well.

"Now that we're out of the smoke, we're stuck on top of the roof." Njall said, looking over the side.

"That hall doesn't look as bad as the others, if we hurry we can probably get away and find another way in." Zippy said, pointing down toward one of the hallways.

Lucky and Alan both produced grapples and tied them securely on one of the pipes that were protruding from the roof. Two at a time, the squad started to grapple down the side of the wall, down to the fairly safe, rooftop of the hall. They ran on the roof, across to another building that seemed to have not been affected by the explosions.

"This seems to be the only sector of the base that's been untouched." Alan said looking behind him to confirm his statement.

"100 credits say that the rebels are hiding out in here." Zeshaun said smiling.

"Let's find a way in." Lucky quickly started scanning the building for any windows or hatches that they could climb in through.

They searched all around but found that it had absolutely no openings from the outside It's like a box Zeshaun thought skeptically. Who wants to hid out in a box Lucky and Alan quickly conversed about what to do and then decided that it was best to just blow a hole through the top or side and ambush who ever happened to be in the building.

"Sounds good to me." Requiem said, producing 4 thermal detonators that he had been planning on using on the cannon.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1265
January 23, 2009 5:12:43 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as Zeshaun rolled the four thermal detonators along the roof.  The Paladin’s took cover as the detonators exploded simultaneously.  The noise it created was deafening and the squad had to shield themselves from the debris that the explosions created.

Once the smoke had settled down the squad crawled over to the large hole.  As soon as they venture a look, multiple blaster bolts flew towards them forcing them to take cover.

“How are we going to get in?” asked Njall.

“Beats me” replied Zippy.

“We fight our way in” said Leon.

“I hate to say it, but I don’t see any other way” commented Zeshaun.

“Alan, you’re awfully quiet, what are your thoughts?” asked Lucky.

Alan rubbed his chin thoughtfully and replied “I don’t like it, but the way I see it is we can either stay here to wait for things to calm down or we fight our way in.  I don’t like the first option but the second option is very risky”.

“So you’re saying we fight?” queried Lucky, pressing him into a decision that she sensed he didn’t want to commit to.

“Yes, we fight” replied Alan.

“My thoughts exactly” replied Lucky, “I’m tired of being on the back foot with these rebels, its time we took the fight to them and kicked their asses”.

“I like that plan” said Requiem.

Lucky waved her hands and positioned the squad around the opening positioning grappling lines for everyone.  Then she held up three fingers, then two, then one and then she pointed downwards.

The squad rappelled down at great speed.  They didn’t know how many rebels were in the room or where their whereabouts were but they opened fire and fired in as many directions as possible, hoping to get down to the ground without getting shot.

Alan’s rappel was going great.  He could see the ground and knew it was only a matter of seconds before he reached the bottom.  He never got there.  A blinding pain erupted in his chest and he found himself flying backwards.  A voice, shouting out his name and then, nothing.

“Alan!” shouted Lucky as she landed hard on the ground and ran over to him.  The squad instantly laying covering fire for her.

Lucky leaned over the fallen body of her beloved and cradled his head as she called out his name.  Hearing her voice, he opened his eyes slowly and winced.

“Are you alright?” she asked.

“I’ll live” croaked Alan as he knelt up slowly, a smouldering hole in his armour.  Thankfully it was sturdy enough to take the impact from the blast but it still hurt like hell and he knew it would leave a nasty bruise for several weeks.

“Let’s kill these bastards” said Alan as he grabbed his blasters.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  75
January 23, 2009 10:22:36 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem squalled down the grappling line with new found vigor in his step and began to slide down the grappling line despite it's excellent traction and grip because of his excess sweat that traveled through his armor. He than slowly clumped down to the floor and landed while slowly closing his leg muscles and than stood up facing into the large smoke.

Requiem slowly ducked as he heard blaster fire around him and than saw it pierce through the thick smoke and graze past his ear. He looked to the rest of the squad as they continuously fired down into the smoke not knowing where or when the Rebel's were going to attack, this being a very bad disadvantage the squad was on high alert.

" This is getting seriously annoying " Requiem mumbled as he than pushed his arm's off the cold ground.

" Your telling me " Lucky said as she walked farther into the haze.

He than began to fire down into the smoke making sure he was away from the direction of his other member's making sure he didn't hit any of them from blind fire. He than reloaded his weapon's and fired down into the smoke with a large smile upon his face. He slowly turned on the spot and slowly began to rotate in separate direction's.

Requiem winced as he watched Alan fall to the ground in pain and than clench his armor as if he was hit by an oncoming blaster bolt. Alan . Requiem walked over close enough to hear him reply to Lucky's call's and he slowly listened closely to get his own answer's for his own questions, like which direction he should get revenge in.

“I’ll live” croaked Alan as he knelt up slowly, a smoldering hole in his Armour.  Thankfully it was sturdy enough to take the impact from the blast but it still hurt like hell and he knew it would leave a nasty bruise for several weeks.

“Let’s kill these bastards” said Alan as he grabbed his blasters.

Requiem nodded at his notion as he than crouched and walked through the smoke. He than raised his hand and hoped his squad saw his hand as he than rolled 2 thermal detonator's in the direction of the oncoming blaster fire. A large explosion appeared through the smoke and a large scream erupted through the building's room, which he suspected to be a mess hall from the large benches and  areas they were harnessed in.

Requiem than gave a thumb's up to the squad as they nodded he moved forward with a smile that was drawn from ear to ear and than closed his eye's and scrunched his mouth as he heard a missile whistle by his ear and than slam into he wall behind them creating a large hole with the smoke disappeared through.

" too Close. . . " Requiem breathed out finally.

" Your telling me " Zeshaun said as he was crouched beside Requiem.

Requiem than slowly began to actually use precision when he saw the smoke had cleared and than began to fire upon his enemies which were astounded at how much force the squad could give even though they were so small in number. Requiem slowly followed his gaze towards the rebel with the rocket Launcher and fired. He than slowly grabbed some behind a canister as another missile whistled into by and slammed into it's front causing a large hole to appear through it's side.

Requiem slowly walked with Zeshaun on his back and watched as they spun counterclockwise to clockwise firing in direction's across the room taking out separate rebel's and watched as the hole which took the smoke out of the room somehow grew wider and let in more rebel's who had stronger weapon's than before upgrade's eh ? . He than slowly nudged Zeshaun and they followed back toward the hole.

Requiem looked back through the large room and confirmed his notion of it was a mess hall and watched as Lucky and Alan flung over a bench in the nick of time and than began to use it as cover against the advancing rebel's good idea . Requiem walked over to a bench and hit it's bottom and watched as it flipped in the air and landed on it's side to stay stationery.

Zeshaun sat beside him and fired down into the hole and watched as more rebel's swarmed in from an unknown source. Requiem watched as the grip line's they used to rappel down were pulled up and than renewed with more as the Rebel's tried to surround the paladin's. Requiem reached to his back and grabbed a fragmentation grenade and threw it through the hole in the top of the building.

He than turned in the opposite direction as 4 bodies flew off the roof and fell through the hole which protruded from the roof. Requiem looked over to Zeshaun and handed him an Energy pack as his weapon soon grew weaker than normal. He watched as Zeshaun and Requiem's skill grew stronger as a team and wondered if they could take out the rebel's them self. might be a good idea

" Here " Requiem said as he handed him a thermal grenade.

" Thank's " Zeshaun replied as he than threw it into the large arms approaching faster than normal.

" Guy's, let's get this over with " Lucky said as she bent over her cover.

" I know, one second " Leon said as he ran away.

Requiem looked at him and waited as he saw a missile fly past their normal position and hit the center of the rebel group and smiled as he saw Leon continue to reload the launcher and shoot the missiles down into the rebel troop with an unusual ease seems he's been practicing
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA [IH][CCA]

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1268
January 24, 2009 2:21:30 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan still felt his chest was burning as he crouched with Lucky behind an overturned bench.  The bench was being pummelled by blaster fire.  Both Alan and Lucky periodically popped their heads up and returned fire.  Both of Alan’s blasters flared as he sent bolt after bolt into the oncoming swarm of rebels.

The Paladin’s were holding their own despite the overwhelming odds and with the hurling of detonators and Leon seeming to have fun and great delight in making use of one of the rebels rocket launchers, it looked like the rebels numbers were starting to thin out.

“I love this” shouted Zeshaun as he stood and fired into the rebel force.

“Guy's, let's get this over with” called out Lucky.

“Yeah, I’m all for that” said Njall.

“Fall back!” said a voice.

“Lucky, they’re pulling out” said Zippy.

The squad looked out from their covering positions as they watched the rebels quickly evacuate the building.  Lucky waved her hands in a forwarding motion and the squad pressed forward.  The rebels at the back of the evacuating never stood a chance.

Exiting the building they came into a large courtyard and glanced around to see where the remaining rebels had fled to.

“Over there” said Zippy, pointing towards a large building.

“Let’s go” said Lucky.

The squad were in hot pursuit, they had the rebels on the defence and now it was only a matter of time before they finished them off and they could finally get off this planet.  Alan was beginning to feel like they had always lived here they had been here for so long.

Entering the building, Alan watched, spotting where the rebels were going to and he cursed loudly as he knew that their celebrations in their victory were too premature.

“Oh hell” said Leon.

“Not this again” stated Zeshaun.

The rebels fled into not one, not two but three hovertanks.  Alan fired into the rebels and was happy to see his shots downing several rebels before they got onboard.  It was not enough though as the shields on all tanks came on.

“Uh Requiem, you want to walk in and put a stop to these?” asked Alan, knowing how easy the last tank was to be taken out.

One of the tanks targeted the squad and fired.  The ground before them erupted, leaving a large hole in the ground.  Alan was thankful that they hadn’t got their range sorted out yet but he knew that that was only a matter of time.

“Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen” replied Requiem.

“I think we need to come up with a plan, and soon” said Zeshaun as he looked at the tanks advancing on them.

“Fall back!” ordered Lucky.

The squad filed out of the building quickly and Alan thought to himself I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  416
January 24, 2009 1:56:46 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
No matter how many times we cut them down, they come back stronger Zeshaun thought, moving back and forth in front of the 3 hovertanks to keep them fro hitting him. Zeshaun sprayed the tanks shields, even though he knew that they wouldn't cause any damage. maybe the rebels have a cache of rocket launchers around here Zeshaun thought sarcastically, although he actually searched the room just in case he may be right.

The paladin's had set up right out side of the building, they kept an eye on the tanks and they eventually made it back inside of the building and found some safe spots. We already faced one of these today Zeshaun thought. I'll have to write a memo to myself to always carry around an unlimited supply of rocket launchers

Unfortunately the only rocket launcher they had their hands on at the moment was the one that Leon had been holding, and he probably didn't have enough rockets left to take out even one of the tanks. but maybe he has enough to take out one of their shields Zeshaun quickly ran over to Leon, to instruct him where to fire the rockets.

"If we can take over one of those tanks, we'll survive that much longer." Zeshaun shouted to Lucky, who was only a foot or two away from him but the sound of the tanks firing their cannons drowned out nearly every sound.

The ground in front of Zeshaun's hiding spot erupted into a shower of dirt, and concrete. He quickly ran from his position, to Lucky.

"Leon is going to attempt to take out the shields, after that we can try to swarm the tank and take it from the inside." Zeshaun said.

Lucky nodded and then relayed the plan to everyone else, Zeshaun saw the squad take cover in places where it would be easy to get to the targeted tank. A large explosion covered, the tank in smoke, but the shield did not come down, Leon reloaded and fired again, the shields flickered. One more, Zeshaun thought holding his breath. He waited but no more shots came.

"Leon, we need one more kid." Alan said.

"Sorry guys, that was my last one." Leon said saddly.

Hell Zeshaun frantically started to look around for some kind of explosive that could weaken the shields further. He found searched the bodies of all the fallen rebels on their side, and collected 3 grenades from them, This'll have to do Zeshaun thought. He pulled the pin on all three grenades and tossed them toward the tank.

Zeshaun watched excitedly as he saw the grenades fall toward the tank, when a sudden beam of energy blasted through the small group of grenades, causing them to explode, not close enough to the tank to take down it's shields. what the hell Zeshaun gaped at the spot where the grenades had been blown out of the air. He couldn't belive his eyes. How could they possibly hit a small cluster of grenades if they can't hit one man in the squad. Zeshaun thought, ducking as the ground in front of him spewed up more dirt and concrete, as the tank missed him, again.

"I'm out." Zeshaun reported.

"Well, nice try." Lucky said.

They were now stuck again, not much different from when the battle had started, the tanks were still moving, they were out of explosives and they couldn't hold onto their position for much longer. What have we done to deserve all this Zeshaun thought, hopelessly firing at the tanks weakened shields, wishing for some kind of miracle.

"Move back!" Lucky shouted, waving everyone back down the hall.

Zeshaun didn't need to be told twice, the squad moved back down the narrower hallway. The hall was narrow enough to keep the tanks from entering them and maybe some of the dead rebels in the other room had some more explosives on hand. But it's not gonna be long before those rebels in the tanks will call for some kind of reinforcements. Zeshaun though, seating himself on a smoldering, couch, that was full of holes.

"Search the bodies, if you find anything that explodes, put it on this table." Alan ordered.

They searched quickly, moving from body to body. In the end they had found 2 grenades, 1 concussion grenade, and an rpg. The rpg would have worked wonderfully against the tanks shields but unfortunately they didn't find anything to shoot it from. The squad sat for a minute, looking at the collection of explosives that they had gathered together. well there's definantly enough power here to take down those shields, Zeshaun thought, looking up toward Lucky and Alan for some kind of instructions.

"Tie them all together." Alan said.

"Sorry, what?" Njall asked, confused at the order.

"Tie them together." Alan repeated, producing some string from his utility belt.

Zeshaun held the grenades together while, Leon tied them all to each other, and Requiem tied the grenades to the rpg. Alan grabbed the small package of explosives and started back toward the tanks.

"The blast from these grenades should cause the rpg to explode as well." Alan said, giving a little insight to his plan.

Ah, throw the whole package, at the tank and when the grenades explode against the shield, the force and heat from that explosion should set off the rpg Zeshaun had figured out Alan's idea. Zeshaun quickly ran to catch up with Alan, I'm not gonna miss this show for the world
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited January 24, 2009 1:59:31 PM)]
Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  183
January 24, 2009 4:23:14 PM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy also ran quickly close behind Zeshaun and Alan. Of course, seeings how he had helped with finding all those explosives, he was going to watch them blow up.

"I hope that the shields on the tank will go down long enough for us to blow them up." Zippy said as they ran back down the corridor.

"They should be just enough, because once one triggers, the others should soon follow and the shields will be down." Alan said.

"The problem is getting to the tanks and throwing them at them. once you do that you shouldn't have a problem." Zeshaun announced.

As the rest of the squad stayed behind to find extra fire power, Zippy, Zeshaun, and Alan ran through the corridors, back to the tanks. Once they reached the tanks though, they encountered a little problem. The rebels had reinforcements!

"Well this is just great, we deffinetly should have been faster in getting those explosives!" Zippy yelled out as the rebels started firing at them.

"Well we are deffinetly going to need some help. Lucky, come in."

"Yes."

"Can you Req, Njall, and Leon get over here. We could use some help!"

"Can do. We're on our way."

Zippy and the others kept fighting off the rebels as long as they could intil the rest of the team got there.

"Just one thing that worries me. You deffinetly don't want those explosives to get hit while your carrying them," Zeshaun said.

"Thats why I'm going to hide them until we're done with these pesky traitors, and then I'll destroy the tank, but stay clear of them until we're done. Understood?"

"Yes sir," they replied.
Private Zippy
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the vast empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1270
January 24, 2009 9:44:13 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Damn rebels cursed Alan as he hid the explosives in an adjacent hall and returned to the fighting.  By the time he got into the mix of the battle the rest of the squad had arrived.  Grabbing his blasters he opened fire.

“Glad you could join the party” commented Alan as he fired both blasters bringing two rebels crashing down.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world” replied Lucky as she smiled and opened fire.

The rebels put up a strong fight.  Alan had to duck several times to avoid having his head blown off.  Damn I miss not having a helmet he thought as he poked his head up from his hiding location and returned fire, bringing down the rebel that had took a shot at him.

With all the squad firing at the rebels it started to become obvious that the rebel numbers were decreasing and decreasing fast.  The rebels must have realised this as the remainder of them decided that living was better than dying and fled.

“They’re falling back” stated Zeshaun.

Alan watched as the remaining rebels fell back.  He wished they could chase after them and take them out but he knew that they had bigger things to take out, namely the tanks.

“Let’s get those explosives” said Lucky.

“Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing the explosion this will make” said Zippy.

“I’ll go get them and then you can enjoy the fireworks Zippy” said Alan as he smiled at the kid’s eagerness.

Alan returned to the adjacent hall and his eyes opened alarmingly.  Where the hell are the explosives he thought to himself.  He looked around.  He knew that this was where he had put the explosives.  Then, in the distance he spotted them.

“What’s taking so long?” asked Zeshaun.

“Um, we may have a problem here” replied Alan as he watched one of the rebels running in the distance, the explosives strapped to his back.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  418
January 25, 2009 12:17:07 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun let his jaw drop, You've gotta be kidding me They had just fought back the rebels, again, and could now implement their plan, but a rebel had taken off with the explosives that they had collected. Zeshaun set his rifle on one of the crates and tried to line up a clean shot but the rebel had left the room before he could fire. He threw his rifle over his shoulder and started to chase after the rebel. The squad followed, right behind him.

Zeshaun dove through the doorway that they had retreated through and quickly rolled up onto one knee, sweeping the room with his rifle, The room was empty except for another door in the back of the room, footsteps could be heard leading away from the room. Damn, Zeshaun jumped up off his knee and ran across the room, and stepped out of the door into the next hall. A sudden spray of fire, forced him to fall back into the previous room. son of a

Zeshaun could hear the rebels running again, farther down the hall. He got up with the help from Alan and Zippy, dusted himself off and followed Lucky, and Requiem out the door. A loud smash could be heard, and the walls shook. The tanks were still in the other room, probably trying to destroy some of the walls so that they could pursue the Paladin's who were pursuing the retreating rebels.

Zeshaun could see the rebels turning the corner down the hall. How far are they gonna run? Zeshaun thought sprinting after them down the hall. He quickly turned the corner and fired a few shots at the stragglers of the group. The squad advanced down the hallway, turning more corners than Zeshaun could keep track of.

"Where'd they go?" Njall asked.

They had entered a room, which was completely empty and had no exits. I was sure they went into this room Zeshaun thought. AS Zeshaun searched the room, the room started to shake, and pieces of the wall started to crumble and fall off. Zeshaun steadied himself on one of the tables that was in the room, and watched in horror as the eastern wall, suddenly exploded, sending chunks of concrete into the room, Zeshaun was nearly hit by a large piece of the wall. Emerging from the dust and smoke, the nozzle of one of the tanks floated through the rubble. Oh hell

""Alan, Zippy, and Zeshaun, go chase down those explosives, the rest of us will try to hold off these tanks." Lucky ordered.

Zeshaun nodded, and followed Alan out the door. They ran down the hall, following the sound of footsteps. They ended up in a hallway with 5 doors, each of them leading to a separate room. The three of them started search each of the rooms, the first three rooms were just normal cots and bedrooms, probably for the garrisoned units on base.

When they exited the third room, they caught the rebels, leaving the last room in the hallway. Alan immediately snatched up his blasters and started firing, Zippy and Zeshaun did the same. The rebels turned and attacked the three paladin's but the paladin's had a slight time advantage and they were able to force the rebels to retreat again. As they ran, Alan was able to pick off the rebel that was carrying the explosives.

Zeshaun and Zippy sprinted down the hall to pick up the explosives that had fallen to the ground. Zeshaun was tempted to chase down the remaining rebels but decided against it since the rest of the squad was depending on them to bring back the explosives.

"Let's get back to Lucky." Alan said taking hold of the explosives.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1272
January 25, 2009 12:40:54 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan, Zippy and Zeshaun raced back to where they had left the rest of the squad only to find that the room they had been in was completely demolished.  I guess the tanks finally made their way in thought Alan wondering where Lucky had taken the squad to.

“Great, where are they?” asked Zeshaun.

“Over there” said Zippy as he pointed.

They looked over and saw the squad firing repeatedly and the tanks advancing on them.  Alan knew that the squad could not keep avoiding the tanks for much longer.

“Let’s get these explosives over there now.  The squad can’t survive for long against those tanks” said Alan.

Without waiting for a reply Alan began running towards the lead tank with Zippy and Zeshaun in hot pursuit.  He felt very vulnerable and exposed with entering a combat zone with a bunch of explosives strapped to his back but he knew the squad needed them.

Alan skidded to a stop, close to the lead tank.  Zippy and Zeshaun soon caught up to him and helped him get the explosives from off his back.

“Let’s hope this works” said Zippy.

“It’ll work, I think” replied Zeshaun.

Alan looked up at the tank and said “it has to work”.

Alan set to work on setting the timer on the thermal detonators and hurled the concoction of explosives at the tank.  The explosives went off and they had to shield their eyes as it went up in a brilliant bright light.  When the dust had settled, Alan glanced up and saw that the tank looked undamaged.

“Damn it, the tank is still undamaged” commented Zippy.

“Maybe, then again, maybe not” replied Alan.

Alan grabbed one of his blasters and fired it at the tank.  Instead of the shot bouncing off the tank’s shields, it impacted on the tanks hull.  Nice, its shields are down thought Alan as he waved Zippy and Zeshaun to the tank.

“Lucky, the lead tanks shields are down, we’re advancing on it now” said Alan as he spoke into the com.

“Roger that” replied Lucky, “we’ll meet you there”.

The tank swung around and started firing on Alan’s position.  He darted off to the side so that the tank could not get an exact fix on him.  By the time he got to the tank, he noticed that Lucky and the rest of the squad were already there.  Zippy and Zeshaun soon joined them.

“Let’s get the tank opened” said Lucky.

“Right on it” said Leon as he worked feverishly on the tanks door mechanism.

A hissing noise and the doors slid open.  Without waiting, Requiem clambered on board and getting out his knives killed the tanks operators before they even had a chance to say a word.  The squad filed into the tank and Leon shut the door behind them.

“Zeshaun, get to the tanks driving controls” said Lucky.

“I’m on my way” replied Zeshaun as he grabbed the tanks pilot and hurled him out of his seat and sat down.

The tank buckled causing some of the squad to fall to the ground.  Damn, the other tanks must have realised we are in here now thought Alan as he held onto one of the handholds dangling from the tanks roof.

“We’d better get those shields online again” said Alan, “otherwise it won’t take those other tanks to take us apart”
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  420
January 26, 2009 5:02:50 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun quickly started bringing up windows on the screen, trying to find a way to power the shields. At the same time, Zeshaun had to move around the space, trying to avoid being hit by the shots being fired from the other tanks. I can't concentrate with all these tanks Zeshaun pointed the cannon at a wall and fired, the wall crumbled, opening up another room to be used as a battle ground. Zeshaun aimed the tank toward that room and pushed down hard on the thrusters.

The tank flew through the dust that had risen and then was stopped by a wall that was on the other side. Zeshaun heard a couple of the squad members fall to the floor from the impact. oops[i] Zeshaun sweeped his surroundings and then maneuvered off down the rather large hallway. The other tanks had followed him in, and were now firing on him again. Before any of the tanks could hit the tank, Zeshaun turned a corner, leaving them in peace for a few moments.

Zeshaun put the tank on auto-pilot and started to sift through the files, searching for a way to get the shields back up. After searching for a couple long minutes, he found a file that gave instructions on manual repair. [i]I really need to take that class on repair and mechanics.
Zeshaun thought, as he started to press buttons and pull levers as the instructions told him to do so.

"Zesh, heads up." Lucky yelled from the back.

The other tanks had caught up with him, and were now rounding the corner. Zeshaun put the repairs on hold and, grabbed up the controls. At the speed they were going, there was no way that they could make a sharp turn or stop and change direction. only one way out I guess Zeshaun put his finger on the trigger and fired at the adjacent wall. The shot sent a cloud of dust into the air, but it did not completely destroy the wall. Oh no Zeshaun nervously watched the distance calculator go down, as the recharge went up at a painfully slow pace. come on, come on Zeshaun held his finger down on the trigger so that the cannon would fire as soon as it had recharged.

Just as they were about to ram into the wall, the cannon recharged and fired a shot, point blank at the wall. It blew through the wall, causing Zeshaun to lurch forward because the shot had caused the tank to slow down, a lot. AT least we're out. Zeshaun thought. As the dust and smoke cleared, he realized that they were back in the roo, that they had started in, but now all the walls had been shot down and the room resembled a junkyard more than a room.

"Zesh, the shields." Requiem's voice said through the comm.

right Zeshaun brought the repair window back up and started reading the directions from where he had left off. He opened up a panel in the middle of the control panel and started to rewire a couple things, the tank suddenly stopped hovering, causing Zeshaun to fall out of his chair, and smash his head against the control panel. ow... He had accidentally just pulled the wire out that powered the whole tank.

"Zesh what the hell just happened?" Lucky yelled.

"Sorry." Zeshaun mumbled.

He got up and quickly put the wire back in place. The tank rose up again and the lights came back on. This time he grabbed the other blue wire and pulled it out. He replaced the yellow wires with the blue wires, and put one red and one green wire where the blue wires had been. That should do it Zeshaun looke dup hopefully at the diagnostics. A bunch of numbers and letters started to scroll up the screen and then a quiet bell rang.

"That's good right?" Alan asked.

Zeshaun just grinned. He got back in his seat and grabbed the controls. He spun the tank around and headed back out to the hallway. Play times over Zeshaun steered the tank right toward the other two tanks.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  76
January 26, 2009 5:44:02 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem ducked as a small blaster bolt flew through the hull and than flew out the other side of the tank just above his head. He than mumbled to himself an array of prayer's somehow knowing he wouldn't get out of this one alive and he stopped moving and wondered if anyone would remember him when he was nestled in his casket with his storm trooper armor still on.

Requiem stumbled as he felt a slight nudge from behind him, he grabbed his machine pistol's from his side and than swung around with his index finger's on the trigger facing down the hall. Requiem slowly holstered them to see Lucky standing behind him with her hand's up in the air unknowingly. Requiem gave her a weak smile as she shook her head in shame.

He than slowly waved to and than crouched down trying to make her do the same, since the shields were still down unusually and he was waiting for Zeshaun to finally get the shield's back up or they would be dead soon in shred's nestled around piece's of black TI-B hovertank reinforced steelton. when is he going to get that damn repair on mechanic's course done ?

" When is Zeshaun reactivating the shield's ? " Requiem asked Lucky slowly.

" I don't know ask him ? " Lucky said as she fought to stay alive in the hull of the Hovertank examining the many blaster hole's for anything important that may of been hit.

" Zesh, the shields." Requiem's voice said through the comm.

Requiem than slowly watched as a blaster bolt arced through the hull of the tank and grazed his blaster armor, but enough to pierce his skin. He than slowly stumbled to the floor and was than hoisted up by Lucky who asked him nonstop if he was okay and could go on. He than nodded and than continued to check the hull of the Hovertank.

Requiem watched as he heard a loud clang and a light vaporization soon after the last bolt. finally Requiem than slowly walked towards the main hatch of the tank and slid it open to see a large red field protecting them from harm. wasn't it a slightly blue hue ? Damn Requiem than ran down to the weapon's section of the hovertank and sat him self down in control of the flak pod's which protruded from the tank's side's. hope these work

" Zesh " Requiem said into the Comm as he than fired down at the other tank's and watched as the flak's gave the tank's slight damage. at least there's some good new's

" What ? The shield's are already up  " Zeshaun said as Requiem heard the constant tapping of control's and the non-stop firing of the hover-tank's cannons.

" Yes i know but we don't have that much time left the shield's are at 30 %. Either you get it back to normal or we get these tank's out of the way in under 8 minute's or we're done for. . . " Requiem responded as he continued to fired the flak pod's.

" SithSpawn " Zeshaun yelled into the comlink as he beckoned for Alan to take the hovertank control's

Requiem slowly placed the commlink back to his side and than continued to fire down at the tank's who's hull's seemed to be finally showing the damage that he was constantly giving them over and over. almost there . Requiem showered the tank with all 3 flak pod's and watched as he hit his mark finally. The main fuel tank slowly popped open and began to drip blue gas fluid.

" Fire in the hole ! " Requiem yelled into the commlink and smiled as Lucky took one of the Flak pod stations.

The flak pod flew from it's ammo bay and exploded against the blue tank fluid to create a shower of spark's and bright light. The fluid arced back towards the tank and enveloped it fully as the shield's than evaporated and the flame's than slowly cooked the tank and it's inhabitant's alive to some extent. He watched as the the main hatch to the tank opened and than rebel's ran out only to be covered in flame's once they stepped to the area.

Requiem slowly covered is eye's  from the bright flame's escaping from the tank and than gave a thumb's up to Lucky and than listened as he heard a large smash continually slam against the tank's Shield's, he than slowly walked to the cock pit with Lucky still int he flak pod bay and watched as the 3rd tank was depleting their shield power while Zeshau tinkered with the wire's under its control panel. Requiem watched as the dial for the shield's somehow casually went up and down the more he affected the system I got to help him out .

Requiem asked Alan to take control of the flak pod's with Lucky and he graciously accepted the offer. Requiem than ducked down below the panel and began to help Zeshaun with the shield power while Leon and the rest of the squad tried to destroy the tank which had the advantage over them completely as long as the shield's were malfunctioning.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA [IH][CCA]

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1274
January 26, 2009 7:32:23 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan joined forces with Lucky at the flak pod’s as they opened fire on the last remaining tank.  From his viewpoint he could see the tanks shields fluctuating and he knew that if they could keep up this firepower then the tank would finally succumb.  However, he knew that their shields were in a worse state than the other tank.

“How are you doing with those shields?” questioned Lucky.

“Working on it” replied Zeshaun.

“Work faster” said Alan.

Their tanks lurched from a heavy hit and sparks flew around some of the consoles.  Damn cursed Alan, he wanted the other tank taken out but right now it looked like the cards were stacked in their favour.

Firing back at the tank, he saw their shields still fluctuating.  Drop damn you, drop thought Alan as he wondered whether the other tanks shields would ever go down.

Another hit to their tank, this one harder than before.  Despite Alan’s firm hold of the tanks weaponry, he was flung backwards, hitting his head on the floor.  Lucky immediately rushed to his side.

“Are you alright?” she asked, with concern in her voice.

“Apart from a huge bump on my head, I’m fine” replied Alan as he got up.

Alan could hear swearing coming from the cockpit and could distinctly make out Zeshaun and Requiem’s voices.  That does not sound good he thought.

“Status report” called out Lucky.

Alan smiled, realising that she too had heard their heated voices from the cockpit.

“Shields are fried, that last shot took them out, there’s no way we can repair it” said Zeshaun.

“Everyone out, now” ordered Lucky.

The doors opened and everyone started filing out of the tank, except for Alan.

“You too, let’s go” said Lucky.

Alan looked at her and said “I have a plan, it’s risky but I have to try.  Go and wish me luck”.

“You are not staying behind” objected Lucky.

“I have to, this tank could take us all out, it needs to be dealt with and there is only one way to do it.  Now go, and remember, I love you” replied Alan.

Lucky nodded and jumped out of the tank.  She held back a tear as she watched Alan clambering into the cockpit of the tank and looked on as it started rumbling forwards towards the other tank.

“What the hell is he doing?” asked Zeshaun.

“He’s doing his job” replied Lucky, as she watched as Alan guided the tank towards the other.

In the cockpit, Alan looked on as the other tank started filling his view screen more and more.  What the hell am I doing thought Alan as sparks flew all around him as his tank was being pounded.  He knew that it could not take much more.

Time to go he thought, hoping that he had done enough.  He ran to the doors, explosions going around him.  He leapt to the ground and rolled over to witness both tanks colliding with one another, causing an immense explosion.

You have got to be kidding me thought Alan as he watched as the other tank backed away from the collision.  It looked badly damaged and its shields were down.  Time to finish this thought Alan as he got on the com to the rest of the squad.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Double Trouble (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:17:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 136  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >