Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)
November 13, 2008 7:35:21 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
You are kidding me thought Alan as he gazed up at the gargantuan rebels.  A blaster bolt flew towards them, thankfully due to their size it went wide of them but the impact of the bolt to the ground was like a mortar going off.

"I think retreat is in order" called out Lucky.

"I'll second that" replied Alan.

The squad started backtracking but the rebels were taking large strides and were catching up to the squad in no time at all.

"There" called out Nick, pointing.

Alan noticed the crack in the wall and immediately turned.  The squad made a dash for the hole and barely made it in time.  They huddled inside the crack breathing heavily.  A large hand appeared in the crack and made swooping motions but was unable to grasp anyone.

Alan fired a bolt at the hand but the shot merely struck that hand causing a pinprick of blood to seep out of the wound.

"Well that's pointless" he commented.

"Well this is just great" said Drakar.

Nova howled in agreement.

"Has anyone ever heard of such a device before?" queried Lucky, looking round the squad hopefully.  She was disappointed but not surprised when she was met with either blank looks or shakes of the head.

"So what do we do now?" queried Zeshaun, not impressed with the current predicament.

"We need to figure out what that weapon is and figure out a way to reverse it" replied Alan.

"I think there is something of greater priority that that" said Alan.

"What could be more important than regaining our size" stated Zeshaun.

"That" replied Alan, pointing over at what looked like a space rat but with their current size it looked like a monster.

"I'm guessing we're trespassers" stated Nick.

"And it doesn't like trespassers" replied Alan.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1598
Total Posts:  3440
November 13, 2008 8:01:55 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky looked surprised at the creature, it looked like a beats compared to them. Lifting her blaster,she pointed it right between the rat's eyes and pulled the trigger. A single drop of blood dropped from the mark, but the creature was clearly frightened. She watched everyone who ahd their blasters raised, before anyone else could shoot she stoped them.

"Wait! Don't shootit yet, I know this sounds weird but hold your fire."

She approached teh rat and looked it in the eyes, it looked afraid of her but she coaxed it closer to her. She stood beside it measuring it's height, it was almost as high as them and just as long.

"Wil you help us if we let you live?"

It squeaked in reply and seemed eager.

"Guys, hop on. i know this isn't conventional and you guysprobably have a bunch more arguments but we don't have much choice. Now taht it's tamed, it's willing o help. It can serve as our ride-temporarily, and it most likely knows loads of spots where we could catch up to the rebels and once we locate them, we can try and figure out how to take care of them. Agreed?"
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1024
November 13, 2008 12:09:10 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked up at the rat and thought to himself you have got to be kidding me.  Lucky took no time in clambering up onto the beast.  Alan shrugged his shoulders and with Lucky’s help was soon on the beast.  The rest of the squad soon clambered on although some, especially Nova, did not like the thought of being on the beast.

The hand had retracted from the search and Lucky took that moment to dig her heels into the beast’s side and guide it out of the crack.  The rat dashed out of the hole and ran down the side of the wall.

“Damn rat!” cursed one of the rebels as he fired off several shots.

Alan cringed as the shots came close and felt like being in the middle of an artillery bombardment.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, let the rat go and give us a hand” shouted another rebel.

The firing ceased and Alan shook his head slightly, a ringing sound still going off in his ears.

“What’s that?” asked Drakar as he pointed towards something in the distance.

Lucky guided the rat towards it and soon the squad were in the midst of reduced battle droids.  Alan whistled as he glanced around the vastness of the droids.

“They could take down the entire empire with all these” stated Alan.

“We need to take them down” stated Lucky.

Zeshaun, upon hearing that fired a shot at the nearest droid and it toppled down, sparks flying from where its head used to be.

“Zeshaun, let’s do this more quietly and discretely” said Lucky.

“Sorry” replied Zeshaun.

“So what’s the plan?” asked Nick.

“We get in and destroy their circuitry” said Alan.

Nova growled as he looked around at all the various droids.

“I hear you” replied Zeshaun.

“What would you rather do, square off against all of these activated and shooting at you, or dismantling them now” said Alan.

“Point well taken” replied Nick.

“Let’s get this done” said Drakar as he moved to the nearest droid and began to work.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1599
November 13, 2008 12:53:01 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
"Guys, wait. What if we reprogram them?" suggested Lucky.

"How?" Queried Zeshaun, looking skeptical.

"We've to find a computer terminal somewhere, that's how droids are normally programmed before being remotely activated, right?"

"Yeah..."

" all we have to do is access the computer and reprogram them to do the opposite for what they were programmed for in the first place. Then, they would attack the rebels instead of us."

"I like that plan, even if it sounds just a little complicated" stated Alan.

"Let's do it!" shouted Nick and Zeshaun in unison, NoVa growling in agreement.

"Alright then, let's do this stealthily, no one touch any droids, not even the decapitated one."

She coaxed the rat forward slowly, passed the droids and what do you know? A terminal was positioned behind the droids, also reduced in size.

She had the rat move a little faster and was soon in front of the terminal, "guys, keep a lookout make sure we're not spotted. This will be done quickly."

She hopped down, as did the rest of the squad and rubbed the rat on the nose appreciatively before posting herself in front of the terminal and getting to work.

She accessed the base's data banks and a minute later, she found herself looking at the droids' control panel. The decapitated one was marked in red but was still functional, she brought up the prompt screen and quickly entered commands. Once she was satisfied with her work, she disabled the remote access option and activated the droids. They wired to life and slowly turned to face the rebels, she watched amused as sparks flew from the wires in the zombie-like droid as it faced the same direction as irs mates and waited.

"Ready, guys?"
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1025
November 13, 2008 1:06:27 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“Right, let’s get out of here” said Alan.

“What are you talking about” objected Zeshaun, “are you insane!”

Alan glanced at Zeshaun and asked “why do you say that?”

“If we stay here then sooner or later they will bring these droids to full size, if we stay here then we will also be brought up to full size also” said Zeshaun.

“That’s a very good point” said Nick, agreeing with Zeshaun.

“True, and once they are full size, they will be activated” said Alan.

“And we would be caught in the middle of a battle between the droids and the rebels” finished off Drakar.

“Ah, I see your point” replied Zeshaun, looking slightly despondent at having to choose between either remaining this size or being brought back to full size but being caught in the midst of a large battle, one which some or all would not survive through.

Lucky hopped onto of the rat and said “right, let’s get on and leave this area while we still can”.

The squad soon clambered up on top of the rat and Lucky guided it out of the area.  Zeshaun glanced back and wished that he could be back at his original full size.

“So how do we get back to full size?” asked Zeshaun.

Nova growled and chuckled.

“No Nova, I do not want to remain this size forever” replied Zeshaun.

Alan smiled at the very thought and then brought his face back to a more sombre look.  He thought that the thought of Zeshaun remaining this size was funny but he also did not want to stay this way for the rest of his life.

“Guys, lets just get out of here before” said Lucky.

Lucky never got to finish off the sentence before the sound of blaster fire went off.  It sounded like quite a battle and Alan knew that the droids had been activated.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  172
Total Posts:  896
November 13, 2008 3:48:00 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
This being tiny stuff is getting old. Zeshaun thought as he followed Lucky to a safe area away from the large battle. The rebels had encountered the droids just as the paladin's were forced to fight them when they first got here.

"What's the plan for getting back to normal size?" Zeshaun asked anxiously. He hated the idea that he could be stepped on and killed.

"Don't worry, we'll figure some way out." Lucky said.

"Now, how are we going to get our hands on that weapon, even if we find it, it will probably take the whole squad just to pick it up, and then running would be almost impossible." Drakar said.

The sounds of the battle were getting close again and Lucky decided to move even further away but trying to find a way to get that weapon.

"We need to find someway to trick them into shooting us with it again." Alan said.

"We could try and find something that would cause them to shrink it and then get caught in the blast and get brought back to life size." Zeshaun said thinking out loud.

"That would be a good idea but anything that's huge to them would be uncontrollable by us." Lucky said.

Zeshaun thought for a bit trying to think of a way to make his plan work. "If could get to our speeder than wire it to run autopilot then maybe they would make it smaller to make it easier to kill." Zeshaun said.

"That might work. Let's try it it's the best we've got right now." Lucky said.

The squad ran off toward where they had parked there speeder. When they managed to climb out of the hole that Zeshaun had blasted into the blast doors when they first got here they ran to the speeder. It took them a while to figure out a way to get into the speeder but they managed to climb up a tree and then fall into the speeder.

"Well that was more trouble than I thought it would be." Zeshaun said rubbing his back where he had landed.

"Okay, lets get going. Those droids aren't going to hold them off forever." Lucky ordered.

They got right to work. Zeshaun managed to get the grenade launcher to fire whenever the speeder turned left and decided that that would be enough to cause the rebels to see that it was a large threat. When everyone was done doing what they thought was necessary they regrouped at the base of the grenade launcher.

"Okay so let's get this show on the road." Zeshaun said with a grin.

"Now how are going to do this?" Lucky asked.

"Well, we'll stay in the ship while it goes around causing havoc. Then if they decide to beam the ship, it will grow smaller and we'll grow bigger." Zeshaun explained.

"And if they decide to just blow it up?" Alan asked.

"I hadn't really thought of that..." Zeshaun said.

Alan shook his head. "This is crazy, we're putting our life on the line and we might get turned back to normal size."

"It's our only plan right now." Lucky said. "Let's just try it. Zeshaun you may have the honor of activating our machine."

"My pleasure." Zeshaun said with a grin, pushing the button to start the engine.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1027
November 13, 2008 5:36:15 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The engine roared to life and the speeder started moving uncontrollably.  Every time the speeder happened to bank left the grenade launcher would fire off a round causing a horrendous noise for the squad’s tiny ears.

“This has better work” said Alan.

“Trust me, it will” replied Zeshaun.

Suddenly the speeder buckled and a thud came from the body of the vehicle.

“See, they’re firing at us, any second we will become bigger again” said Zeshaun, smiling.

Alan waited and felt the speeder buckling more before saying “I’m not getting any bigger”.

“Um, guys” called out Drakar, “they’re firing at us but not with the special weapon”.

“How was I to know” stated Zeshaun.

“Everybody out, now!” ordered Lucky.

“It’s not my fault” said Zeshaun as the squad clambered through the cracks in the speeder’s chassis.  The speeder was now taking repeated blasts from numerous blaster rifles.  It was only a matter of time before it went off, and it did.

The explosion hurled the squad hard against a wall.  Alan wished now that they had stopped off at the shop and retrieved their armour.  He stood up shakily and looked around, happy to see that the rest of the squad were not seriously hurt.  He gazed back to see where the rebels had gone to and his heart sank.

He gazed up at the biggest blaster rifle muzzle he had ever seen before.  There was nowhere to run, no way to fight them.  I guess this is how the Paladin’s met their end he thought to himself.

Alan glanced over at Lucky and she smiled back, “we had a good run, didn’t we?”

“We sure did” she replied.

“Oh, let me, let me” called out one of the rebels.

The muzzle that was bearing down on Alan moved back and was replaced by another.  He reached out and grasped Lucky’s hand, closing his eyes he waited for the end.  He heard the shot more than felt it hitting him and he began to wonder what the afterlife if there was one was going to be like.

“You fool” called out one of the rebels, “you used the wrong weapon!”

Alan felt strange, he didn’t feel pain but he definitely felt something.  He opened his eyes and realised that the rebels were getting smaller, or they were getting bigger.  All of a sudden they were back to normal size.

“Shoot damn you, shoot!” screamed the rebel.

“I can’t” replied the rebel holding the special weapon, “it’s still recharging”.

“Its payback time” called out Alan as the Paladin’s hurled themselves into attack.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  91
Total Posts:  173
November 13, 2008 7:24:15 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The paladins took cover behind some structures , while simultaneously firing at the rebels. Nick wasn’t sure about the others, but he was glad to be back to full size. It was a pain to be a smaller than a child.

The squad kept their distance and repelled the rebel forces. Dozens more came towards them.

‘’I have a bad feeling about this.’’ Nick said as he fired at the squad.

If they were going to die here, Nick wanted to make sure they would make quite a last stand. He looked to the ground and saw a small opened crate behind him. He would be vunerable if he turned his back towards the enemy.

‘’Someone, cover me!’’ Nick pleaded.

Zeshaun, who was close to Nick and had a clear shot of his pursuers, quickly spun around.

‘’Affirmative, ive got your back.’’ 

Nick ran towards the crate in the corner. Nick did various rolls, trying to dodge blaster bolts as he was running. he had to hurry quick, Zeshaun couldn’t help him forever.
Nick gripped onto the case and flicked out the two grenades. He ran back towards the rest of the squad, taking over as he did so.

‘’Pass one here.’’ Alan commanded. He was getting annoyed with the amount of rebels who were coming.

Nick gently tossed a thermal detonater towards Alan. Alan caught it and hurled it towards the incoming rebels.

Boom.

Their bodies dismembered. The rebels remains laid on the ground. It was only a matter of time until more would come. They had to be ready. The droids plowed through the rebellion rear lines. Their was no where to run, the rebellion was nearly destroyed.

For a split second, Nick watched to see the droids blast into the rebel forces. Then.. Nick slammed backwards and into the ground, taking a shot in the right arm by a rebel soldier.

Nova roared at the sight of Nicks body on the ground.

‘’Its okay. Im alright.’’

Nick quickly jumped back up, sent his pistol to his left hand and blasted away. Nicks right hand stung him as he blasted.
That’s going to need some medical help. Or even prosthetics.

Nick always wanted a mechanical arm.

‘’Thats the spirit.’’ Alan said.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Nick/1SQD/2PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE[LoR]

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1028
November 13, 2008 7:39:23 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was shocked when he saw Nick’s body being flung backwards.  In a fit of rage and completely unlike him, he fired blindly and repeatedly at the swarm of rebels.  Some of the shots connected whilst others didn’t but he didn’t care, they had to pay.  He was thankful when Nick managed to get back to a sitting position and resume firing.

‘’Its okay, I’m alright” called out Nick.

Alan felt very relieved to hear that.  That’s the spirit thought Alan as he returned back to his single fire shots, making sure that every shot counted as his first shot killed the nearest rebel instantly.

The rebels started to thin out as they suddenly found themselves outgunned and outflanked.  What with the Imperials to one side and their own droid army on the other side.

Alan was beginning to think this was going to be a nice easy operation when suddenly one of the droids fired at him.  He dodged the bolt just in time and returned fire, bringing the droid down a clanking end.

“What the hell are they doing?” queried Alan.

“Well, they were programmed to attack the rebels, but” said Drakar.

“But what?” asked Zeshaun.

“I don’t think I’m going to like the answer” commented Nick.

“But this model of droid is not very intelligent.  It’s possible that they perceive us as rebels also” stated Drakar.

“Oh that’s just great” said Zeshaun as he fired back at the rebels and now at the droids.

Nova growled and roared.

“I second that” stated Zeshaun.

Alan had no idea what Nova had just said but he was certain it wasn’t anything nice.

“Let’s focus guys” said Lucky, “so what, we have a few more enemies to take down”.

Great thought Alan as he brought another droid to a swift end just what we need, more enemies.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  174
November 13, 2008 7:53:13 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun felt the wave of heat from the grenades and flinched, he looked over and saw that Nick had some severe damage on his arm but seemed to be doing alright. Zeshaun let out another blast from his shotgun. He quickly took cover behind a tree and reloaded. Zeshaun was very glad that he had bought a shotgun. it made it so much easier to kill the large group of rebels. As he reloaded he caught the sight of a red bolt headed his way. He quickly dodged and looked to see who had shot at him. A droid was pointing it's blaster at him.

"The enemies just never stop coming." Drakar yelled over the gun fire.

"Stop complaining and keep shooting." Zeshaun yelled back.

Zeshaun aimed his shotgun and fired taking out two rebels and a droid. even with a shotgun this many enemies is going to be hard to take out.

Zeshaun ran over to Nick who was still sitting on the ground but seemed to be okay.

"How you feeling?" Zeshaun asked, firing some cover fire for Nick as he reloaded.

"Oh, everything other than this arm is feeling great." Nick said sarcastically.

Zeshaun laughed. "Well think of it this way, you have a battle scar to show your grandkids."

Nick grinned. "That's true."

"Well, don't die." Zeshaun said running to a different crate for cover.

"I'll try." Nick laughed.

Zeshaun grinned I wished I had a battle scar to show my grandkids.. Another shot took out a group of 5 rebels who thought they had found some cover.  The rebels force was shrinking quickly due to the fact that they had to fight both the droids and the paladin's. The number of shots flying through the air was getting smaller and the sound was getting softer, it seemed that it would be another victory for the paladin's.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Drakar
ComNet Novice

Drakar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  82
November 13, 2008 10:19:17 PM    View the profile of Drakar 
"The enemies just never stop coming." Drakar yelled over the gun fire.

"Stop complaining and keep shooting." Zeshaun yelled back.

Drakar was ducking behind a crate when he noticed how close he was to some rebels who were also taking cover.  He would randomly come out firing a few shots at them and then return to his cover spot for safety. 

All of a sudden a grenade landed and rolled right next to his foot with a clank.  Drakar quickly grabbed it and hurled it back in the direction it came causing a big explosion.
Then he saw a flash of movement which was a rebel standing up to fire.

“Zeshaun, Look out!” said Drakar as he pointed in the direction of a rebel that was about to fire on his teammate.

Zeshaun turned his head just in time to see a bolt flying in the air at him in which he rolled out of the way just in time.

As he rolled Drakar grabbed his Vibroblade and flipped it blade down in his hand, then he quickly popped out of his cover spot and hurled it in the direction of the rebel that was shooting. 

It hit him right in between his armour on his chest and his shoulder.
The blade easily pierced the flesh causing him to fall to the ground with a thud splattering blood all over the wall.

Zeshaun caught the eye of Drakar and they exchanged nods before returning fire on the rebels.  Alan and Nick continued to fire accurately at the rebels quickly disposing of six, while Nova and Lucky were holding their positions while alternating fire.
Lance Corporal Drakar
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Drakar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1029
November 14, 2008 4:58:27 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched Drakar deal with a stray grenade and despite the droids advancing and the rebels starting to thin out he decided there and then to concentrate his fire on the rebels.  He didn't want any stray grenades landing at his feet and from what he could remember about battle droids, they didn't carry grenades.  He hoped he wasn't wrong.

Huddling behind the crate he was using for cover, he spotted a group of four rebels who were huddling behind some barrels.  He could feel the thuds of blaster fire hitting his crate and was thankful that for now it was holding.  He aimed his blaster at the group of rebels and waited.  Right now they were concealed from his sight but he knew that in a matter of minutes they wouldn't be.

"Alan, what the hell are you doing?" asked Zeshaun as he watched Alan aiming his blaster at some barrels whilst taking incoming fire.

Zeshaun fired back at some of the droids that had been targeting Alan's crate and looked over just in time to see the head of a rebel pop up above the barrels to take a shot.  The rebel never had any time to fire as a clean shot went through his forehead.

"Nice shot" called out Drakar.

"Alan!" shouted Lucky.

"Yes?" queried Alan as he glanced over.

"Those barrels, take a look at the symbol on them" replied Lucky.

Alan glanced over more closely at the barrels and not at the rebels and then smiled.  He replied "I got it".

Alan brought his blaster to bear on the barrels.

"What about the barrels?" asked Nick.

"Drakar glanced at the barrels and smiled, replying "just watch".

Alan fired multiple blasts into the barrels.  All of a sudden the barrels exploded sending the bodies of the rebels into the air.  Alan heard their bodies landing with a bone shattering crunch.

Nova roared, happy to see such an impressive explosion and the loss of life for the rebels.

I just wish there were more of those barrels around thought Alan.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  176
November 14, 2008 3:37:12 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun never realized how much resistance the armor had given them until he felt the heat of the explosion hit his back. Zeshaun winced feeling a little pain in his back from the heat. Zeshaun was happy to see the burning bodies of both rebels and droids. Shortly after everyone had recovered from the huge explosion fire started to resume again on both sides.

"They still have troops even after that explosion?" Nick asked surprised.

"It's like they spawn from within the base." Zeshaun said jokingly.

After a few more minutes of shooting at each other the rebels decided to make a dash toward the building. The paladin's all came out of there hiding spots, trying to shoot as many rebels as they could before they got within the base. When the last rebel dissapeared into the base the squad turned to taking out the remaining droids. The droids were so confused that they didn't put up much of a fight.

"We, need to get those rebels, if we don't finish them off here, we'll have to keep searching for them so let's go." Lucky said.

"I bet I know where their going to." Zeshaun said.

"Everyone to the hangar!" Alan said running toward the door.

The squad ran after him like animals moving in for the kill. They approached the hangar and they heard the concerned voices of the rebels through the door.

"Why won't the engines start?" A high pitched voice yelled.

"I don't know, I checked these just a couple of hours before, they were in perfect condition." Another voice said worriedly.

"They're going to be here soon, what are we going to do?" a deep man's voice said.

Alan, Lucky and the squad entered the hangar at that moment, rushing in with rifles at the ready.

"Put your weapons down, and get down on your knees." Lucky ordered.

The rebels quickly complied, in a few moments the Paladin's had rounded up all the remaining rebels and stood guard over them. In all there were only about 10 to 20 rebels remaining of their formidable force.

"I'll call Tia and ask her what to do with the prisoners." Lucky said,
"Keep an eye on them."

Zeshaun stood and chatted with Alan, Nick, Drakar, and Nova. They were all pretty glad that it was all over. The rebels all looked pretty glum and defeated. Zeshaun excused himself from the group and went to get a drink of water. When he passed one of the speeders he remembered that he had just gotten there rented speeder blown up and destroyed beyond an irreparable state.  I hope I'm not going to get that charged to my account. Zeshaun thought as he walked back to the group.

"...need to get them back to the city." Zeshaun caught the last part of Lucky's sentence.

Lucky continued. "After they have been safely transported, Tia is going drive us to bring us to the local spaceport."

"Has it been confirmed that all the rebels have been disspelled?" Drakar asked.

"I was wondering the same and Tia said that rebel activity has died down some but has not completely vanished but they think they can handle the rest of the rebels." Lucky said.

"Well that's a relief." Alan said pointing to the group of rebels on the ground. "They were a pain to fight."

The squad agreed. finally, this crazy mission is over. This has been the strangest mission I've ever been on. Zeshaun thought.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1031
November 14, 2008 5:27:10 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
As they waited for the arrival of Tia, Alan looked at the group of rebels on the ground and glanced back at the heaps of metal that had once been fully working battle droids.  He was happy that the fighting had finished but there was something troubling him.

“You look troubled” said Lucky, “she knew her husband well enough by now to know his various facial expressions”.

“The droids bother me” replied Alan.

“What about the droids?” asked Zeshaun.

“Well we never did find out how they came by with so many droids.  We saw no manufacturing facility in this complex so where did they come from” said Alan.

“Maybe they were shipped here” replied Nick.

“How could you transport all of those droids here without someone getting suspicious?  It would take too long to get them all here” replied Zeshaun.

“Well yeah it would, but what if they arrived here shrunk” stated Drakar.

Nova let out a couple of gruffing noises.  Alan decided that he would have to learn up on wookinese at some point but right now that very thought sent a shiver done his spine.

“That seems the most logical explanation Drakar, but that would mean that someone else out there has the same shrinking technology and a manufacturing base with which to mass produce battle droids” said Alan.

“Now that is a scary thought” said Lucky.

“Well at least the tech guys back home can pull apart that weapon” said Zeshaun, “I never want to be reduced in size again”.

“I’m afraid that’s not going to happen” said Drakar.

“Why not?” asked Zeshaun.

“Well, the weapon got destroyed in the blast, its toast” replied Drakar.

Alan kicked the head of one of the battle droids and sent it rattling down the bases corridor as he thought to himself where did you come from.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  95
November 14, 2008 7:53:10 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nicks waited patiently for the transport back home to arrive. At least, he hoped Tia would be taking them home. He was getting tired and weary. Nick still had a thirst for more battle, a slight addiction he concealed within himself.

The squad was still puzzled as to how the rebels were getting those droids. There was no way they could have been making them on their own. Somebody must have been supplying them. Nick had one idea about this, which had stuck into his mind.

‘’Maybe they did find something that had the proper materials.’’ Nick thought. It was a possibility.

‘’Perhaps.’’ Nova roared in Shriiwook.

The squad waited, deciding what to do while they waited.

‘’Our armor!” Zeshaun remembered.

It had never occurred to anyone that there armor was still at the tailor. They had fought their battles without their armor, and now that the mission was over, they needed to retrieve it.

‘’Maybe Tia will be able to make some quick stops?’’ Lucky said.

It was a good point, she couldn’t have been in too much of a hurry. She probably would have time. And if she didn’t, Nick was not going anywhere at all. He had a warrior-like relationship with his armor. His armor saved his life, and he would save its purpose.

Then, it came to Nicks mind that he had a majority of his weapons In his room on the weapons rack. He ran through the base, heading towards the room he and Zeshaun were using. He went up the turbolifts and into the hallway. He prayed that nobody had touched his armaments.

As he entered the room, he saw it was just how he had left it. It was good as new. He barely had any time to do anything at all, so there was nothing wrong with it. Next to his bed was his weapons rack, completely untouched. 

What a relief. Nick thought.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  179
November 14, 2008 8:11:50 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun listened to the head of the droid clank down the hallway and hit the wall, bringing it to a halt. Zeshaun tried not to think about where they had come from, he hated pondering questions that he would never know the answers to, they just made his head hurt.

Zeshaun had more important things on his mind, like how he would get his armor back. Although he didn't care to much for that specific suit of armor he did feel uncomfortable without it and he felt very lucky to be alive after surviving this mission without the armor.

Zeshaun watched Nick run off in the direction of their old rooms and come back a couple of minutes later with a full set of weapons. If Zeshaun had known that he could have left all his weapons at the base he would have, he regretted having to lug around all 6 of his weapons, it really did a number on his back.

Zeshaun walked out of the hangar to catch a breath of fresh air. He took a deep breath and observed his surroundings. The battle with the droids and rebels really ruined the nice forests and wildlife that was surrounding the base. There were trees with big scorch marks and some were just flat out burnt down. we really messed this place up. Zeshaun thought as he walked back into the base.

Zeshaun wanted to come back here sometime later when he wasn't here to assassinate a big time rebel leader or being chased by an angry mob. He really took a liking to the clothes here and the city seemed very interesting and different to the normal military bases he was used to.

Zeshaun heard the sound of engines coming down the path toward the base and assumed it was Tia. He ran back inside the hangar to tell the rest of the squad that she was here. They grabbed all there bags and stood by the rebels and waited for the large transports to come to a stop in front of them.

Zeshaun rounded up all the prisoners and they got them in two seperate transports so that not to many would be in one place at the same time. Tia exited out of the smaller transport in the back and waved. he opened up the back to the transport, revealing a luxurious area with a built in bar and nice plush seats.

"Everyone ready to go home." Tia said with a smile.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  96
November 14, 2008 9:31:15 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick was thrilled when he saw the ship. The bar was completely astounding when he saw it. It relaxed his mind and allowed him to be at peace and rest for a bit. Their was only one problem that still was on Nicks mind. As the paladins went into the ship, Nick walked by Tia, hoping for a positive answer.

‘’Tia, we are grateful for your help in this mission. But there is one problem that must be taken care of.’’ Nick said.

Tia raised an eyebrow. ‘’And what is that??’’ She curiously wondered.

‘’Our armor.’’ Nick said with sadness. His armor had gone through a lot, just as he did. Nick despised Mandalorians, but had to admit he had grown some of their warrior beliefs.

Tia let out a laugh. Tia pointed at the interior of the ship. There were four Paladin-style sets of armor. The name of their owners were listed underneath. Nick was one of them.

Nick smiled as he saw the armor. ‘’Thank you.’’  He then moved off into the ship.

Nick felt like wearing his armor immediately. But there was no point, he would take it off before they landed anyways. Still, Nick couldn’t help but feel more attached to it than ever.

He approached his armor and examined it. It wasn’t unpolished or anything. Nick wanted everyone to know that he had fought in many battles. He had his armor, as well as his arm to prove it. He reminded himself to get some prosthetics or some form of medical care for his arm. It was still hurting him. Though he wanted some aid for his arm, no one knew how happy he was to have earned this scar of war. 

Nick heard the sound of music in his ear. He turned and remembered the bar.

‘’Time to get something to drink.’’

He then went off towards the bar.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1034
November 15, 2008 5:51:51 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy that he was finally onboard the ship knowing that the mission was now at and end and that they would soon be heading back to Tadath.  He wondered how long the Paladin’s would have to recover before they would once again be called into action.

Alan knew that Nick was disappointed with the loss of their armour but he knew that they would get new ones once back at Tadath.  He however was pleased when Tia pointed out that their armour had been brought back from the shop and was now stored in the hold.

‘’Time to get something to drink” said Nick.

“I hear you” replied Zeshaun.

Nova growled in agreement.

“You coming Sir?” asked Drakar.

“I’ll see you down there” replied Alan as he watched the trio head off.  Alan wasn’t sure where Lucky was but he figured she was getting all the latest information on how things were settling down from Tia.

Alan moved into one of the corners of the ship and sat down.  He grasped a large suitcase, opening it up he retrieved the newly acquired DC-17M Interchangeable Combat System.  He hefted it up, feeling its weight as he gazed down the sight.  He was looking forward to getting back and taking it out to the firing range.

“Hey” called out Lucky.

“Hey you” replied Alan, smiling, “all fully debriefed”.

“Yeah, I think New Alderaan will just work out fine” replied Lucky.  She glanced around and then asked “where is everybody?”

“They’re off to the bar” said Alan.

Lucky looked at Alan with a mock look of shock on her face and replied “and you’re not there with them, are you not feeling well”.

Alan laughed and replied “I just thought I’d have a look over this before heading to the bar”.

Lucky held out her hand and said “come on, put away your toy and join me”.

“How could I refuse” replied Alan, smiling.  He put away the weapon into the case and stored it away.  Grasping hold of her hand the pair headed down towards the bar.  Alan’s lips could almost taste the cool refreshing taste of corellian ale.

“I hear they’re out of Corellian ale” stated Lucky.

“You have got to be kidding me” replied Alan.

Lucky laughed, releasing Alan’s hand and ran off towards the bar.

“If I ever catch you” said Alan laughing as he chased after her.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  98
November 15, 2008 8:39:06 AM    View the profile of Nick 
The squad members were all in the bar. They were enjoying themselves, which was exactly what they needed after their encounters on New Alderaan. Nick hoped that next time, he would be able to use the sniper. After the action he had seen today, Nick was sure assassination missions were his favorite.

The squad sat, laughed and ordered as many drinks as they could. Everything appeared free, so Nick didn’t hesitate to drink away. He signaled the ships bartender.

‘’A corellian, please.’’ Nick requested.

The bartender smiled. ‘’Which one? An Ale or a whiskey ?’’

‘’Hmm. An ale.’’ Nick said, taking his signature beverage.

Nick did not know that there was such thing as a Corellian Whiskey. He thought there was only Ale. The corellians must have loved their alcohol.  The bartender went to the back to set up all the drinks. His next order would be a whiskey. It was good to try something new.

Now, where could Tia be ? Nick wondered.

She was not with the squad members, who were enjoying themselves with beverages and jokes. Maybe she had gone up to the cockpit. Nick doubted that she was piloting, but it was a possibility. Nick did not let any questions taunt him, he continued drinking.

Nick was getting a bit dizzy off the Alcohol of the beverage. He figured that would mean a long rest. Nick finished his Ale and sent his glass onto the table. This time, he approached the bartender asking for a whiskey.

‘’Corellian whiskey now.’’ Nick said. He had never ever tried that in his life.

The bartender quickly placed a whiskey on the counter, right after Nick had asked for it.

‘’I thought you were going to ask that.’’ Said the bartender. The bartender had a red skin color. Nick didn’t noticed that before.

‘’Im a Zeltron.’’ Said the bartender. It was as if she had read nicks mind.

‘’Interesting.’’ Nick said, fascinated.  It looked like he learned something new every day.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  180
November 15, 2008 9:41:32 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun sat on the plush chairs and let out a sigh. Nice to be sitting in a comfortable chair. he thought as the waiter came around to him. Zeshaun was about to order his normal Correlian Ale, but held back when the waiter gave him a menu with many different drinks on it.

"I think I'll try the Correlian brandy." Zeshaun said handing the menu back.

"Right away sir." The waiter went back to the bar and started to mix things up behind the counter.

Zeshaun had never heard of Correlian brandy before but he figured it was stronger than the ale and he felt like he deserved something a little stronger.

Zeshaun let himself sink into the cushions of the chair and thought about what had happened over the last couple of days. This mission felt like it took forever, this is the first assassination mission I've ever been on so I don't have anything to compare it with but this seemed more difficult compared to the other missions. The waiter came by and dropped off his drink.

"Your brandy sir." The waiter went off to serve the other squad members.

Zeshaun gave a nod of thanks and took a sip. Whoa, this is strong. Zeshaun thought as he took another small sip.

Zeshaun made his way over to Alan who was sitting at the counter with Lucky. A sudden jolt that caused Zeshaun to grab onto the counter signaled that the transport had started making it's trip back to the city.

"How are you doing?" Lucky asked as Zeshaun took a seat next to Alan.

"I'm tired but I'll survive." Zeshaun said taking another sip. "How's our armor doing?'"

"Tia returned it to us just like we left it." Lucky said pointing over toward the seats way in the back.

"That was nice of her." Zeshaun thought out loud.

Alan nodded, "We should check on Nick, see how his arm is doing." he said to Lucky.

"We should, take it easy Zeshaun." Lucky said waving as Alan and her moved off toward Nick.

Zeshaun waved. Zeshaun was never one to be very social, the fact that he was an alien in the ranks of the troopers made most others avoid him and it didn't help that Zeshaun never engaged them either. When he was a mercenary he never trusted anyone but his other trandoshan mercenaries and a select group of individuals. Since joining Paladin, he has made many more friends and is learning to be more social but he still waited for others to engage him. Zeshaun sat at the bar and watched the rest of the squad laugh and talk about their mission.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Initiate

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  101
November 15, 2008 11:00:31 AM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick was sitting in the bar drinking his third beverage. The whiskey was amazing, and Nick hoped there were even better drinks on board. If there were, he wanted to try them out before the ship arrived home. The ship was probably ascending into orbit by now. He wanted to explore the rest of the ship, but was busy drinking. As he sat, he saw Lucky and Alan, approaching.

They gave Nick a strange look. Quite clearly, he was drunk.

‘’I see you are enjoying yourself?’’ Alan said with a smile.

Nick almost fell off his chair as he turned to them.

‘’Oh yeah. Tons of enjoyment here. This arms a bit annoying.’’ Nick struggled to say properly.

The two then looked at his arm, raising the sleeve. It seemed heavily injured.

‘’Just think of it as a scar of courage.’’ Said Lucky.

Nick nodded. He feared it would damage his Imperial career.

“Don’t worry, the right prosthetics will fix it all up.’’ Alan said. It was almost as if he had read his mind.

‘’Yah. Ill go look for a med bay.’’ Nick said.

His intoxication caused him to slam into the ground as he got off the chair. Lucky and Alan helped him get up. It was nice of them to lend a hand to him. Nick never had company this great in a long time. It looked like getting drunk should have been done AFTER he got his arm fixed.

‘’Need help getting there?’’ Alan offered.

Nick shook his head.

‘’I am fine. Don’t worry. When a warrior gets knocked down ten times, he can always give up the eleventh time.’’ Nick said.

They let go of him and he got onto his feet, stable. He then left the bar and went through the door. Now he had to find the medical room. It wouldn’t have been too much of a problem, but he was destined to get lost sooner or later. He leaned against the wall as he walked.

It may have been a good idea to get their help after all.

But Nick wouldn’t accept any offers from Alan in a long time. He still remembered what had happened during the assassination, and he wasn’t going to forget his commanding officer had pointed a gun at his head.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  183
November 15, 2008 11:39:11 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun watched Luck and Alan talk to Nick. Nick fell out of his chair, he was obviously very drunk. After a bit of talking Nick managed to stand and it seemed that he was going to look for something. Zeshaun followed Nick seeing that Nick had to lean against the wall for support.

"Hey you need a hand." Zeshaun asked.

Nick nodded. Nick wrapped his hand around Zeshaun's neck and continued to walk.

"Where are you headed to in your state?" Zeshaun asked.

"I'm looking for a medical bay in this transport." Nick said with a slight slur.

"I don't think this transport is big enough to have it's own medical bay but we can probably find you one once we get to the hangar, we can't be far now." Zeshaun said turning back toward the lounge area.

'You're probably right." Nick said stumbling.

"Why don't you just lie down until we get there." Zeshaun said laying him on a chair.

Nick just nodded and it seemed he had fallen into a  peaceful sleep.

"Did Nick find the medical bay?" Lucky said seeing Zeshuan walk back to the bar.

"We couldn't find one, I just lay him down on a couch." Zeshaun said taking a sip from his brandy.

"Okay, we'll just have to find him one when we stop." Lucky said. "We should be there very soon."

Zeshaun nodded and took another sip of his drink, he was very eager to get back and rest. Lucky went back to where Alan was sitting and he looked for Drakar but saw that he was talking with Nova and Zeshaun didn't feel like dealing with a wookie at the moment. maybe I'll just get some shut-eye until we reach the spaceport. Zeshaun thought making his way to a couch in the back corner of the tranport.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1038
November 15, 2008 3:13:05 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as Nick, refusing their help, headed off towards the medical bay.  Alan was saddened slightly by Nick’s refusal for aid.  He watched him struggling off and he knew that Nick was still pained with the way things had gone during the mission.  Alan was thankful to see that Zeshaun decided to follow after Nick.

“What’s on your mind?” asked Lucky as she saw the sombre look on Alan’s face.

“Oh it’s Nick” replied Alan.

“Don’t worry” replied Lucky, “I’m sure he’ll forgive you someday.  You done what you thought were right”.

“Did you think I was right?” asked Alan.

Lucky gazed at him for a long time before replying, “I’m not sure whether I could ever pull a weapon on one of my own squad members, but I also don’t know what I would have done in that situation.  It Nick had fired and things had gone wrong then we would be facing the High Command, questions would be asked and Paladin’s very survival and our very careers would be in question”.

“Yeah” replied Alan, knowing that although Lucky’s answer meant she didn’t agree with his decision yet in a way was thankful that he had made the difficult choice.

Finishing off his corellian ale, he asked the bartender for two shots of corellian whiskey and then asked Lucky what she wanted.  Lucky decided to stay with the ales.

“You wanting to be conscious when we return home?” asked Lucky as she watched Alan down one of the whiskeys in one go.

“Here’s hoping” replied Alan as he held up his glass and downed the second shot.  It was very out of character for Alan to be on the whiskey, in fact in all of their time together, Lucky had never seen him drink anything other than corellian ale.

Lucky knew that the developments of the mission had been difficult for Alan and she hoped that he could resolve any issues that still lay between him and Nick.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Initiate

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  103
November 15, 2008 6:15:50 PM    View the profile of Nick 
OOC:

Ignore this, accidently posted my Spec story here. 
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

'To Punish, and Enslave'

'Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.' Bruce lee.
'A warrior can get knocked down ten times, but he had the chance of giving up since the first hit.'- Nick Draxen
[This message has been edited by Nick (edited November 15, 2008 6:17:41 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Nick (edited November 15, 2008 6:19:19 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  184
November 15, 2008 6:42:25 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was awakened by a cool breeze and a painful pounding in his head. He shivered and pulled his vest around him tighter and tried to ignore his headache. I wonder what time it is. Better go check up on Nick. Zeshaun thought getting up and walking toward where he had left Nick a while back. Nick was still sleeping on the couch where he had left him, he decided to let Nick sleep a little longer. Zeshaun walked toward the origin of the breeze.

"Have a nice nap?" Drakar asked.

"Not really." Zeshaun said blinded by the light.

They had stopped at the spaceport and they were all getting ready to depart, the breeze was coming from the open doors of the transport, and the light filled the interior.

"What time is it?" Zeshaun asked looking for a clock.

"It's about lunch time." Drakar said checking his watch.

"It's only lunch time, we must have left the base only two hours before lunch time, how fast were we going?" Zeshaun asked in disbelief.

"We stopped at Tia's base and we stayed here over night." Alan said walking into the tranpsort. "How's Nick doing?"

"He's doing alright sir." Zeshaun saluted.

"That's good, we should wake him up. Our shuttle will be here to pick us up in about an hour." Alan said sitting down on a chair.

Zeshaun nodded and went back to Nick. He gently shook him. Nick slowly opened his eyes and shielded them from the light. A sudden look of fear crossed over his face, he had probably forgotten where he was and was surprised to see a trandoshan standing over him.

"Wake up, we have to get going soon." Zeshaun said.

"Okay, I'll be right out." Nick said falling back on the couch.

"No, let's go, right now." Zeshaun said pulling Nick off the couch.

"Fine, fine." Nick mumbled getting up off the ground.

Zeshaun grabbed his bundle of armor and stepped out of the transport into the fresh air of the spaceport. Good to be going home Zeshaun thought.

"Don't forget anything," Lucky said "If everything goes well we won't be coming back for a while. Also let's get in our armor that we got back, we want to make a scene in the spaceport."

The squad laughed and anyone who was still in the transport exited. They all said there hello's to each other they walked into the spaceport. The squad decided to give the people a show and they walked as if they were in a parade all the way to there hangar. The crowd oohed and aahed as they passed. Zeshaun had really grown to like this place mostly because of the people's tolerance to other creatures. I hope I get to come back sometime, maybe I'll retire here...
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1040
November 16, 2008 8:34:59 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan’s head was throbbing.  He knew he had consumed too many corellian whiskeys from the bar but after the mission, he felt he needed them.  It had been many years since he had last had a whiskey.  In fact he couldn’t remember the last time.  I must remember to stick to the ales he thought as he got his gear together in preparation for the arrival of the shuttle.

"Don't forget anything" said Lucky, "if everything goes well we won't be coming back for a while. Also let's get in our armour that we got back, we want to make a scene in the spaceport."

Alan smiled and decided that that was a great idea.  He still felt slightly naked without his jet black armour which bore his name and ASL insignia on it.  Going into the hold, he took his armour and was soon changed into it.  Much better he thought to himself.

Exiting the transport the squad started to make their way towards the spaceport where the shuttle would be arriving to take them back home to Tadath.  Several people started gathering and watching them.  I guess they don’t get to see many fully geared up Stormtroopers in black thought Alan.  The squad started marching almost and Alan felt like he was in a parade.

The squad marched through the streets, being waved and applauded by the masses.  Alan was sorry when they finally arrived at the spaceport.  He wished that they could do a few more laps around the city, he had never been in a parade before but now he wished he had been.

“Alright people, take a rest, the shuttle should be here soon” said Lucky.

Alan threw his gear down and collapsed on one of the chairs in the spaceport.  He was certain that there would be a bar in here somewhere but his head was telling him not to try finding it.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Initiate

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  108
November 16, 2008 10:36:27 AM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick sat down along with the squad, waiting for their transport to arrive. He hoped it would be soon. He wanted to go back to sleep after drinking so much at the bar on Tias ship. He knew that he was growing a bit of an alcohol addiction. He couldn’t resist the taste of a Corellian whiskey, or a coruscant blush wine. Those were only a few of his favored drinks, and he had countless list of them.

Nick had figured that they wouldn’t see Tia in a long time. She had helped the squad majorly throughout their mission. If they ever needed an Informant, Tia would have been one of their first suggestions.

The paladins were bored out of their lives while waiting for the shuttle to arrive. Nick struggled to find something to do. He had enough drinks for a long time, so being drunk was out of the question. His alcohol problem was best kept away from the thoughts of his other squad members.

The spaceport was huge. There must have been somethink Nick could have done to pass the time. He stood up, clipped his weapons to his armor and took off his helmet, placing it off to the side.

‘’Where are you going?’’ Alan asked, drawing the attention of the others.

Nick pretended not to hear. He started walking.

‘’Hey, where are you going ?’’ Lucky repeated.

‘’Oh, to explore. You know, go to some shops,  play some Imperial senate Pazaak.’’  Nick explained.

‘’Have fun.’’ Zeshaun said.

Nick started to walk around, looking for a cantina. What kind of spaceport wouldn’t have a cantina ? Nick saw different types of vendors as he walked. He saw tailors, imperial military recruiters and other types. But the one thing Nick found of his desire, was a games room. 

‘’piece of cake.’’ Nick then walked into the room.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

'To Punish, and Enslave'

'Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.' Bruce lee.
'A warrior can get knocked down ten times, but he had the chance of giving up since the first hit.'- Nick Draxen
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1605
November 16, 2008 12:01:41 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky watched Nick walk away toward a games room, part of her wanted to follow him but part of her wanted to stay with the rest of the squad. She decided to give him a half hour of gaming before fetching him.

She and Alan walked around a bit, looking at what the vendors were selling and n no time, she found that the half hour had passed. She excused herself toward Alan and walked toward the game room. She spotted Nick at a slot machine and tapped him on his good arm "time to go bud".

"I guess..."

"Come on, we're gonna get you properly checked back on Tadath."

He slowly started to follow her and they soon found themselves boarding the shuttle back home.  Everyone sat on couches or Loungers, when she looked at everyone, she smiled to herself. Their seating choices looked like they were making a semi-circle.

She cuddled up with Alan and watched Nick carefully in the corner of her eye. He was resting peacefully on a couch.

"Let's make sure he gets proper treatment."

"We will. He's a good Trooper, don't want to lose him."

She sat still for the remainder of teh trip back, constantly watching her surroundings and everyone around her, unable to rest.

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  189
November 16, 2008 1:18:47 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was debating whether he should have followed Nick to the gaming rooms. In the middle of his debate he realized that he had somehow put himself as the protector of Nick. No one even mentioned the idea of someone looking out for Nick in particular but Zeshaun found himself wondering if Nick would be alright or how he was doing.

"What's up, you look confused." Nick said walking into the shuttle.

Zeshaun snapped out of his little bubble of thought. "Oh, it's nothing."

Nick shrugged and moved farther back into the shuttle and plopped himself down on a couch and rested.

The rest of the squad settled in and light conversations were going on.

"I hope they don't charge us for destroying there speeder." Zeshaun over heard Drakar.

Zeshaun yelled. "It's okay, if they're going to charge anyone it's going to be me."

Drakar laughed. "That's true."

But I hope they don't charge me, I'm not sure I have that kind of money.

Zeshaun just pushed the thought out of his mind and started to work on his weapons again. He felt the shuttle take off, Zeshaun stored his guns under his seat and decided to try and get some sleep before he got back.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Initiate

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  112
November 16, 2008 7:27:00 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick tucked his helmet and equipment under his seat. The Shuttle was nowhere near being the size of Tias. It was small and Nick had nowhere to go except in his chair. The shuttle reminded him of hi Laat. He had never gotten a chance to use it, however. That chance would come eventually, when he had the time.

Nick was not as restless as he had thought he would be, so sleeping was not a recommended option for him. He had other things on his mind, like fixing his arm. Although Nick wanted to keep his arm intact, he was fully aware of the benefits of a ‘Mechno arm’. It gave him a bit of an increase in strength for that arm. Nick hoped his other squad members wouldn’t think less of him once his arm was taken care of.

‘’How long until we arrive?’’ Zeshaun asked.

‘’Beats me, not in a while.’’ Lucky replied.

Oh great Nick thought.

Nick hated being in very small areas. It made him feel more isolated. He would just have to get used to it, seeing as the shuttle would be transporting them home from missions regularly. If it would help, Nick would gladly volunteer to use his Laat as the squads transportation. He probably wasn’t the best of flyers, he could admit that.

By this time, most of the squad was sleeping. Nick slowly laid back, hoping to get some sleep as well. It was going to be difficult. He had gone through a lot on this mission, and he felt he couldn’t just lay back and take a nap.

‘’Well, this is fun.’’ Nick said, closing his eyes and waiting for the shuttle to arrive home.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

'To Punish, and Enslave'

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:26:06 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 92  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >